[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A fantastic but surprisingly underutilized setting for adventures is sprawling, terrifyingly massive Industrial Facilities. From High-Spired Laboratories with seemingly endless libraries of living specimens, to too-close-to-literal concrete jungles. Shanty-towns built over bubbling rivers of runoff, to choking green hellscapes of mutant plants born from long-abandoned hydroponics bays. Massive artificial environments that cloak the world so completely that natural rhythms and seasons have settled in, but as twisted and bizarre counterparts to anything that could be described as truly 'natural'.

Use this thread to discuss, create, spitball or shill ideas related to such a setting. Be it critters and characters, loot or locales, anything your mind can summon up.
>>
>Zaun

Honetly, a setting that I'm dying to pull of is Babel
>World is fucked
>Last remains of humanity now concentrate in this Tower-City called Babel

I know it's just Hive-cities from 40k but still
>>
File: 1593399934773.jpg (218 KB, 669x800)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>
>>81277503
>I know it's just Hive-cities from 40k but still
This matters so much less then you might think. Originality is far more about execution than the base idea.
>>
>Huge city
>Literal Jungle of steel, concrete and asphalt
>Travel from one side of the city to the other can take days, even weeks
>Transport ways such as cars, busses, subways and other things are the only viable way of safely traveling
>Mad max shit but in a heavly urban setting
>>
>>81277681
>>Mad max shit but in a heavly urban setting

>Over the flooded streets, the only ways to get around are by boat, bridge, and in some areas, stilt-walkers.
>These tall, semi-automated constructs are able, if piloted by someone with skill, trudge through rubble-choked swamps and flooded roadways.
>Conflict between two stilt-walkers is either done via boarding, or by killing the legs that keep it standing above the treacherous terrain below, either by explosive-tipped weapons or by tools mounted on the walker itself.
>>
>>81277315
A while back I was thinking of a setting inspired by a similar thread. The world is essentially an endless wasteland dotted with gigantic factory complexes that span larger than any modern city, these factories exploit the few remaining resources left on the planet and manufacture paradoxically shoddy yet incredibly advanced tech that is transported to other factories in a self-running system of trade that no one understands. People in this setting have lived their entire lives within the factories and there is little semblance of culture or structured society, they just mindlessly carry on with their work, there's all kinds of human off-shoots that have presumably been developed through genetic engineering to be exploited as if they were just another resource some of them sporting things such as shaggy coats of fur, increased muscle mass, or flexible rubbery skin.

Players in this setting would play as both regular and modified humans wielding repurposed tools as weapons and delving into these decrepit and labyrinthine factory complexes to gather resources to survive, fighting the technological and biological horrors developed there with the hope recovering the ultimate price: The patent rights to own these factories and all of the resources they produce.
>>
>>81278900
>/tg/ makes an industrial horror setting
I wrote some monsters for that setting, it was great fun. The only thing I'd add is the addition of techpriests, wholesale.
>>
>>81279066
got a link?
>>
>>81279261
Link to the thread:
https://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/78743128/#78743128

Link to my monsters specifically:
https://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/78743128/#q78759153
>>
File: zBobvj-a.jpg_large.jpg (199 KB, 2047x1131)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>
>>81277503
>Zaun
League lore is largely shit but Zaun is a gem.
>>
>>81279261
Check it out on suptg
>>
>>81277315
>>81277503
How about ripping off Blame! with it's runaway Von Neumann builders?
>>
>>81278900
What do they eat?
>>
This is just SLA Industries
I’ve always been held back by a lack of good urban maps which fit my exact specifications. They always have something slightly wrong.
>>
>>81284975
because blame is shit
>>
>>81286137
>They always have something slightly wrong.
Well what are your specifications then?
>>
>>81287081
There’s a sign that fits cyberpunk but not SLA, there is a tree which the setting doesn’t have, it has a prebuilt grid that I discover is the wrong scale (was still a great map though), had writing on it and one time I found a shadowrun map that was trying to resell D&D map assets as a “ren-fair” bar.
>>
>>81277315
Rain World is a great source of ideas with just a few twists. The monster kelp and tunnel sections especially intrest me.
>>
>>81279748
There anything these cover that the suptg versions don't? If so, I might check 'em out.
>>
>>81287756
I wasn't aware it was on suptg, but that sight is as solid as they come if it's the same thread.
>>
File: Tokyo sprawl (photo).jpg (689 KB, 1024x683)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
Not much to say right now, but don't forget your cities should S P R A W L huge
>>
>>81287843
Also, while I can't post due to file size, check out the Augmented Reality city/worldbuilding guide
>>
>>81277315
the campaign BG music is all Kraftwerk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBc5NpyEoo
>>
>>81287785
It was the thread with the butchery-themed Factory-city having pigmen? And no-one save the party could tell the difference between the "employees" and the "product?"
>>
>>81287958
Sorry, for the shit formatting, but in my defence, it's the wee hours.
>>
>>81287958
I do not believe at all, think rusted sheet-metal and endless, soul-crushing quotas as all society and humanity is twisted and warped in serving a machine that even those in 'control' have no clue what the fuck is going on. Like what >>81278900
Said. Who I have a sneakering suspicion is just the OP of that thread in disguise.
>>
File: Eu83mzJVoAIFxaV.jpg (571 KB, 1008x755)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
Uhhhh can I get miles of office cubicles?
>>
File: Augmented Reality 2.jpg (239 KB, 661x935)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Augmented Reality - Cyberpunk City Kit-cc.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/4S54OHsr/file.html
Vornheim - The Complete City Kit-cc.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/T0JxzYsU/file.html
The Location Crafter-cc.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/fNwfQ4fy/file.html
Stars Without Number - W2 - Relics of the Lost.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/nzuW7LOg/file.html
Stars Without Number - Hard Light.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/JKSU2nyo/file.html
Stars Without Number - Dead Names.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/LJQdDQau/file.html
Stars Without Number - W3 - Engines of Babylon.pdf
https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/yUD5Uu8u/file.html
>>
>>81288107
Yep! That one. The piggish men of the Meat Factory-city was just one example.
>>
>>81289997
>It was
Shows what I know.
>>
>>81283222
League lore is kinda ok if you take most yordle and champion related stuff out
>>
>>81291721
>champion related stuff out
Thing is that you're right, except some of the better characters are all Zaunite, so it even keeps the distinction of 'best'
>>
>>81277315
Does it have to be functional
Or can it be abandoned and only functional because someone forgot to turn it off
>>
I want to see a city of replicator/3D printer style factory scape. A seemingly clean city offset but just how clinically mechanical it feels as all things printed out like a brutally efficient factory.
>>
>>81287874
The what anon, explain yourself
>>
>>81295337
Even better Anon, just a mediocre city, with baseline humans. At the core, anyway. The core seems mostly clean, and built. And the parts that are printed instead of built are printed from the materials you'd expect. But if you make it to the ever-expanding edge of this urban cancer, you'll find things made from more... haphazard things. Maybe a megaton of offal/waste was deposited here before the Butcher's Blocks walked off and eventually grew too big to walk as well. Maybe, if you're especially unlucky, you'll find steel, aluminum, and Lead.
>>
>>81296287
Why is real metal on a border where kiln-fired shit is just as common a bad thing? Well, a city that expands instead of walks must be contained somehow, right? And what bettet than the Soldier-Smithies, putting the industrial into military-industrial, and the Marketing-sanctioned fear of God(tm) into what used to be the northern border of Texas, before the New Silicon Valley engineers lost control of their favorite projects.
>>
>>81277503
you should check The Night Land anon
>>
File: New Construction long.jpg (406 KB, 574x1600)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>81295488
This thing >>81289908 - anon posted some, I was in a rush when I posted

>>81295337
>>
>>81292023
that's mostly thanks to most zaunites being monsters in the dark of Zaun
but fuck those piltie dipshit up top
>>
>>81299460
Piltover lore is shit because they're so obviously, irredeemably the assholes who use and abuse Zaun for their own gain then just smile through it, pretending like there exists no issue with it. That and that horrible fucking popstar champ is Piltovan.
>>
>>81299695
GAWD. FUCK THAT DISCOUNT SONA WANNABE. You know how someone will occasionally ask for perfectly reasonable disability accomadations, (wheelchair user being allowed to telecommute in an office job), and instead of being granted they're told that they're "an inspiration to us all?" This bitch is like that to the fucking BRACKERN GENOCIDE. She knows that hextech is just brackern hearts, hell, she can hear the ones stuck in her hoverboard, but she rides it around the stage anyway like "so moving"
>>
>>81278900
Huh. I just realized "Gone with the Blastwave" would also work for this. Or at least give a lot of tips for good execution.
>>
>>81296401
>Fear of God (TM) more then anything else in this line of thinking, that's what scares me.
>>
>>81287213
I gave up on finding good SLA maps and learned how to make the most out of rpgmapmaker 2
Are you actually playing SLA? I've always been curious how other people handle it but it's hard to find anyone who actually played it (did run into one guy from that one actual play) especially someone who tried 2e.
>>
>>81306709
I thought
>marketing-sanctioned
Was a nice touch.
>>
>>81277509
This gives me Beksinski vibes
>>
>>81307701
Have you tried the Official (as in the Devs are on it and post stuff) Discord?
>>
>>81309127
No but I should probably get around to finding it.
>>
>>81281269
Fun game, I wish I wasn't terrible at it
>>
File: astate industra.png (2.25 MB, 1469x1200)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
Massive industrial structures are what makes me run Blades In The Dark or one of its copypastes since the abstract rules will make it easy for me (and the players) do have adventures in multi level industrial estates without giving me nightmares about making complex multi-level maps and tracking vertical movement and all that crap.

Only thing stopping me from doing it is the fact I hate BITD as a player.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.