[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: NL face.jpg (47 KB, 553x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Spooky NL edition

>Previous heresy: >>81242846

>Argel Tal and smurf praetors
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/10/argel-tal-tackles-two-ultramarines-praetors-at-the-same-time-in-this-weeks-forge-world-pre-orders/

>Argel Tal's rules
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/U5uePWDfzv0EHGEi.pdf

>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
>Thread FAQ (suggestion)
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS
>Erratas and extra downloads
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>Rules and stuff for HH and Titanicus
HH: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder/3wwGVTjZ#zwjoK0nSZ2Kzin6mJ0dV1w
Audiobooks: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder<slash>yM1yWIba#ETw9ELPJmEScSrM9WwjRCw Purturabo is a fag

/Adeptus Titanicus Zone/
>Rules and supplements
AT: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder/Csgk2ZTR#3vRK4eXP5ovbyM_TSL0tWA
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists Ignatum is fucking lame
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics Mortis is a pile of faggots
>homemade missions:
http://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html
>>
File: 1611891405389.png (28 KB, 510x546)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
Pls don't die Curze is gonna freak
>>
Has anyone played with the Imperial Space Marine 30th anniversary model from 2016 in Heresy games? I got one and was thinking to use it with the incoming new beakies.
What do you think of just using its profile but substituting rules where is appropiate like "Legiones Astartes" for "Chapter tactics"?
Making him a moritat with different gear? Proxy for another unit?
>>
>>81272166
Though we may bring war to millions, we should not crave it.
>>
What was the age limit for surgery for the Legion aspirants? Would it might have been possible for the chance for becoming a marine given out like a reward or promotion to distinguished soldiers?
>>
>>81272330
I think he's a bit smaller scale wise
I'd proxy him as a legion vigilator maybe
>>
>>81272330
it’s just an Adriatic beam weapon like custodes have. i’d let someone take it where combis could be taken for the price of a plasma combi
>>
>>81272388
pre or during puberty at the latest, otherwise it was only possible using other means, like with Kor Phaeron and Amon. Distinguished auxilia or Imperial Army soldiers get promotions and governorships of planets which is a lot more appealling to most people.
>>
>>81272365
Say that to me irl instead of online, I dare you

>>81272388
The older you got the less of chance you had to survive, it seems adults only became full blown astartes during the early crusade when the primarchs were just discovered and their human dudebros got they surgery but most of the died in the attempt.
>>
>>81272439
>>81272388

I'm pretty certain that Agapito Nev was inducted at age 18 based on the timeline of Corax' rebellion but that should be taken with some scepticism. Might just be Gav being bad with dates.
>>
File: 20210913_111826.jpg (3.86 MB, 4128x3096)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
Painted a podracer today. What are you painting ?
>>
>>81272640
>those massive red spills all over the gold
Anon, please...
>>
>>81272442
>The older you got the less of chance you had to survive, it seems adults only became full blown astartes during the early crusade when the primarchs were just discovered and their human dudebros got they surgery
This. All of Russ' mates tried to become Astartes to follow their lord into the stars but most of them died. I think The Lion forbade Luther trying to become a full on Space Marine on account of him being to important but I may be misremembering.
>>
File: dushi.jpg (195 KB, 960x747)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Why do people fail at correctly writing Isstvan? I've seen so many variations pop up. It's not THAT hard.
>>
>>81272745
because it didn't happen
>>
>>81272745
god this is one of the worst bits of fan art ever produced for HH
>>
>>81272745
Never forget Esteban III
>>
File: DxisNYTX0AA9m39.jpg (80 KB, 750x787)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>81272745
It's Va'an!!!
>>
>>81272773
Blame TTS
>>
>>81272745
elaborate
>>
File: 20210913_131600.jpg (3.43 MB, 4128x3096)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>81272675
Better ?
>>
>>81273480
Anon y u do dis?
>>
>>81272702
>I think The Lion forbade Luther trying to become a full on Space Marine on account of him being to important but I may be misremembering.

I think it was this but also that he was really old to begin with, not just an adult or even middle aged.
>>
File: Burning of Prospero.jpg (291 KB, 929x702)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
Is there any Legion you liked before HH but it got ruined for you by the HH media?
Is there any Legion you found cringe but thanks to HH you consider them to be Chad?
>>
>>81273641
>Is there any Legion you liked before HH but it got ruined for you by the HH media?
Word Bearers, Alpha Legion
>Is there any Legion you found cringe but thanks to HH you consider them to be Chad?
Death Guard
>>
>>81273641
>Is there any Legion you liked before HH but it got ruined for you by the HH media?
I simply ignore anything I don't like so no
>Is there any Legion you found cringe but thanks to HH you consider them to be Chad?
White Scars
>>
File: 1621767181393.png (324 KB, 335x506)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>81273744
>I simply ignore anything I don't like so no
>>
>>81273641
Salamanders
Ultramarines
>>
>>81273763
>Salamanders
Elaborate
>>
>>81273771
Nick Kyme is a terrible writer
>>
>>81273641
None, really. I tend to look at the best, not concentrate on the worst.
Not really. Emperor's Children and T-sons were silly, and remain so.
>>
>>81273641
I think it was Inferno that stated Leman Russ intentionally created the quasi-Norse mythology based around him and the Emperor, and had it spread around the different tribes of Fenris. Fucking HH writers trying to do the Russ was secretely big brained but not being big brained themselves so they fuck it up.
>>
>>81273641
>SW, IH
>WS, UM
Cringe before and after HH
>DA
>>
>>81273771
40k: cool green fire dragon marines brothas that aren't autists or emotionaly stunted.
30k: emo marines crying from Isstvan all the way to Terra plus magical anime fights. Seriously. I'm not an idiot anti-BL fag, but I pretty much prefer to read about them in the Black Books and forget their BL's 30k stories.
>>
>>81273641
>any legion you liked before HH but was ruined
Iron Warriors probably, Perty is a huge bitch and their aesthetics didn't improve much.Generally though HH introduced by far the best aesthetics for every Legion and generally better characters, I can't think of any legions that are better or less cringe in 40k honestly. 40k is like the goofier version of all of them.

>Any legion you foudn cringe but thanks to HH you consider them to be chad
Blood Angels, not that I hate them in 40k but the whole vampire blood suckers is played up far more and the characters like Dante all have silly personal drama backgrounds. Imperial Fists also seem pretty cool compared to 40k.
>>
>>81273907
I went the opposite way with Blood Angels. The novels made them all about being angels and shit. So much angel shit, I would have preferred the vampire aspects to come back. The Fleshtearer was my favourite BA character by far for this very reason.
>>
>>81273641
>AL
>AL
>>
BA are I can be your angle..... or yuor devil: the legion
>>
>>81273977
it's a shame they never really lean into the recruits mostly being mutants and therefore having a different perspective on humanity than others. I don't know about the 'angel' stuff, aesthetically it's not as prominent as 40k and lorewise I assume it's mostly to play up Sanguinius and make them very clearly 'good' guys that were redeemed by him. More hyper violence in their rules would be nice though.
>>
>>81274075
9th legion prior to Sanguinius were a bunch of sick cunts and I wish we had more of that energy in 30k and 40k.
>>
>>81272773
>>81273090
Iam sure TTS is happening in 40k
>>
>>81273999
No. BA are silly BDSM masks legion after their destroyers got released.
>>
>>81274420
>play BA
>all their special units are OP
>the models are awful
This is some monkey's paw shit or something.
>>
>>81273480
A nice first try. now buy an airbrush, watch some tutorials, strip the model, and try again.
>>
>>81274865
Indeed, AoD BA are an example of how FW can be as shitty as anything else in GW/BL
>>
>>81274932
And that's a good thing, fujos will swing together with furries
>>
Anyone care to give feedback on my NL army list? I'm a new player so please don't tease me

Night Lords
Rite of War: Terror Assault
Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,964pts]
+HQs+
Praetor, Legion [115pts]:Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Nostraman Chainglaive, On Foot
Sevatar [210pts]:Artificer Armour & Nights Whisper, Warlord

+Elites+
Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [435pts]
...Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour, Twin-linked Autocannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Plasma Blaster
...Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour, Twin-linked Lascannon, Twin-linked Lascannon

Terminator Squad, Legion [272pts]: Tartaros Terminator Armour, Teleportation Transponder
. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist, Volkite Charger
. Terminators, Legion: Pair of Lightning Claws
. Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Heavy Flamer
(This second one is a duplicate since I was too lazy to figure out what the other squad should be)
Terminator Squad, Legion [272pts]: Tartaros Terminator Armour, Teleportation Transponder
. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist, Volkite Charger
. Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Heavy Flamer

(1/2)
>>
>>81275347
+Troops+
Night Raptor Squad , Compulsory [305pts]: 14x Night Raptor, Nostraman Chainglaive
Night Raptor Squad , Compulsory [245pts]: 9x Night Raptor, Nostraman Chainglaive

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Meltagun [175pts]:[/b] Meltagun, Support Squad
. Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Meltagun
. 4x Space Marines, Legion: 4x Bolt Pistols, 4x Frag and Krak Grenades, 4x Power Armour

Terror Squad (Compulsory) [275pts]: 9x Executioner, 9x Volkite Charger
. Headsman: Bolt Pistol, Nostraman Chainglaive
. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

Terror Squad (Compulsory) [275pts]: 9x Executioner, 9x Volkite Charger
. Headsman: Bolt Pistol, Nostraman Chainglaive
. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

+Fast Attack+
Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, Legion [160pts]: 2x Heavy Bolter, Multi-melta, 3x Space Marine Sky Hunters
. Standard Wargear
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades
. Upgrade One Model to a Sky Hunter Sergeant: Bolt Pistol (this guy can get more upgrades with leftover points I think)
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

+Heavy Support+
Sicaran Battle Tank Squadron [225pts]
...Sicaran Battle Tank: Accelerator Autocannon, Armoured Ceramite, Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter, Lascannon Sponsons

(2/2)
>>
>>81275347
>>81275357
Firstly you can condense your list to something readable, preferably not a battlescribe dump.

Otherwise what are your plans with terror squads and the melta squad for getting around the table? What your plan for dealing with Av14? Your Praetor could use more gear and go with raptors, but if you have Sev a chaplain would be more useful. Teleporting Tartarsauce termies isn't ideal if they're mostly melee. 3 jet bikes isn't likely to do much and they're pricey.
>>
>>81274420
>>81274865
>>81274932
what exactly is the problem? There's the 'cohort should have been sanguinary guard' meme which never held water and people not liking the Tears but those masks are awesome and meant to evoke avenging angel renaissance artworks.

Ruleswise I get that they are bullshit and have some odd upgrades but overall things like the incaendius dread are really nice options and unlike most legions the rites don't just fuck you with forced options.
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/13/get-ready-for-a-grand-host-of-announcements-from-gen-con-2021/

Any chance of the heresy announcement or too soon? IF they do a cinematic it'd be a reasonable time for it.
>>
>>81275499
Too soon I bet. We haven't heard a peep from GW about those leaked images, so those were at least one and a half to two years ahead of the release window.
>>
>>81275436
>'cohort should have been sanguinary guard'
not a meme, Sanguinary guard should have his own profile and FW kit instead of those ugly badly proportioned sculpts.
And BA destroyers with EC silver gimp masks (and better than DG ones) are retarded. The nipple chests torsos are shit too.
>rules
They should have limited the asscan spam to pintle weapons and termies, not stupid shit like asscan tits in a Leviathan or inside Comtemptor hands.
>incaendius
Agreed here, that's kino and a nice callback to RT furibundus dreads with booster jets.
>>
>>81275419
sorry about the formatting, wasn't sure how to get it all.
The terror squads have rhinos attached and I could give the melta squad a rhino too. I don't know how to deal with Av14, I don't have a feel for that part of the game since I havent played HH yet. I could also get rid of the jetbikes but I don't know what else to have in their place.
>>
>>81275618
>Sanguinary guard should have its own profile and FW kit
they are fine as a command squad or you can just use them as cohort, and if pic related is what FW would do it would be totally pointless. Also since when are FW kits 'in proportion' as opposed to any other marine? The assault guns aren't that much of a problem and make a change from flamers, I think other legions get more obnoxious weapons, this is no worse than TS getting shred say.
>>
>>81275347
where are sev and the praetor going? the melta team are kinda useless. the terminators would be better off with combiplasmas and fists
>>
File: 1631534977972.png (1.24 MB, 1000x1000)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
Here's your Ireton MaSade, bro.
>>
>>81275815
>Hello, Peter
>>
>>81275815
Wrong game, wrong general, shit troll attempt.
Moving on.
>>81275347
>>81275357
The list looks fun, varied, would be pleasant to play against without the overly optimized bs.
>>
>>81275728
Command squads could work if they were more than 5 dudes and had BA special swords and axes, but they don't.
>>
>>81275728
forgot pic
>>
>>81275436
I couldn't care less about the sanguinary guard thing, just paint a command squad gold and giove them power weapons you big cry babies. My issues are as follows:
>dawnbreakers have good rules (apart from no frag grenades lol) but ugly models with hideous torsos, bad helmets, and flying stands like something out of 40k
>angel's tears' masks are awful, no matter what you say
>crimson paladins' models are ok, but their rules are terrible
>Sanguinius is good, aside from his silly face and wonky leg
>neither special character has access to a jump pack, which is especially bad for Crohne
>the flying contemptor has fun rules and a decent model at least

You can fix the tears with sanguinary guard or even stormcast heads, I suppose, but to save the dawnbreakers requires cutting away half the model.
>>
>>81275815
dunno about Ireton MaSade, but that could be a good base to do the DA Men of iron unit, I think
>>
>>81276036
>ugly models because helmet, torso and stands
most people love those visor helmets which literally carry factions like Black Templars and Grey Knights on their aesthetic merits alone, not to mention mark III armour, so I don't think you are right except perhaps subjectively. The torsos are just Mark IV, which most people like and usually in the game simplicity and pragmatism is preferred over goofier 40k armour. The flight stands I can give you, but when have flight stands ever been good?

>masks are awful
people like that style on EC and even those new primaris have similar ones, again it's subjective and probably more that you have preconcieved notions of what Angels should have from 40k.

>Crimson Paladins are ok with bad rules
They are shit because they are too safe with the aesthetics and make zero sense in the army.

>saving the dawnbreakers requires cutting away half the model
If they were just assault marines would you still have a problem, there is just nothing about them offensive in my eyes except perhaps the spears being meh. I could accept that maybe they don't look much like other models in the BA range, or they don't look like elites, but the models themselves are perfectly good.
>>
>>81276247
>but the models themselves are perfectly good.
Come on, they look like they have an armoured sports bra, with featureless middle section, stupidly big wrist grenade launchers, and a knightly helmet that doesn't fit 30k BA.
And they still are an unfluffy unit doing the job the Sanguinary Guard.
>>
File: DeepAnger.jpg (269 KB, 1000x568)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>81275499
>Heresy still not mentioned.
>The box and new releases could still be a whole year out.
I'm on the edge.
>>
File: 1401347959128.png (710 KB, 576x864)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>81276416
>>81275540
>>81275499
It's almost - just almost - like the guy that leaked the upcoming HH release also told us about the approximate date of announcement.
>>
>>81275978
>Ireton MaSade is not 30k

Ok, faggot.
>>
>>81276490
try not to make it so obvious anon
>>
>>81276471
When did he say?
>>
>>81276577
he said that they’ve been struggling to find a release time for it and it was supposed to come out in 2020, and he expects it around the november release slot

god we’re backed up on releases though it’s a bit insane. AoS hasn’t even gotten any of its books for the new edition, it took ages for the ork book to actually hit shelves, AI is still missing it’s announced release, warcry has been a zombie, necromunda has had stops and starts, and AT’s traitor book, chaos titans and new warmaster are MIA.
>>
>>81276512
You, in turn, should try a little harder.
>>
>>81276397
> an armoured sports bra
> featureless middle section
proportionate to the artificer armour of the Sanguinary Guard, it's clear that this is a lighter, more flexible redesign of mkIV intended to improve mobility for an elite jump unit which eventually gets reworked into the more familiar 40k form

>a knightly helmet

it exactly fits them, they don't have a death mask to cry about constantly yet, and they're clearly doing space jousting so it makes sense to have a helmet that deflects
>>
i genuinely dont understand how anybody likes BA 2bh
>>
>>81276490
>deflecting away from the obvious necromunda model
>implying I give a shit about FW oc
>>
>>81277144
There are people that like the Twilight stories. Just a hint
>>
>>81275993
Wait, do Sanguinary guard not have the masks during the heresy?
>>
>>81277830
i still dont get it. if you like vampires just play NL, if you are a gay man just play EC or DA. BA seem like they appeal to a very niche subsect of gay men and i dont understand.
>>
>>81278000
>i dont understand.
Beyond the bling and red painjob, BA are all about self sacrifice to others while restraining your inner demons.
That may be difficult to grasp for anyone without empathy, though.
>>
>>81277900
No, I think they became a thing post-heresy after the death of Sanguinius.
>>
>>81278075
>restraining your inner demons
DA are already the closeted homo legion, why did the setting need 2 closet case legions?
>>
>>81278075
Also, Blood Dragons made red vampire knights fucking radical. Now if only the BA had their own Abhorash.
>>
>>81278075
Still a bunch of faggot crybabies tho
>>
>>81278112
BA are nothing like blood dragons though. BA barely even have a vampire aesthetic. NL look more baroque and blood dragonesque. BA aesthetic is frilly trim and tear drops
>>
>>81277900
They are optional in 40k. You get like 10 heads in 5-man set, only half are masks.
>>
File: EUPOKLHXkAA9r26.jpg (77 KB, 500x741)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>81278199
40k BA flayed skin red armour was directly taken from the 1992 dracula movie
>>
>>81277900
Look behind Sanguinius
>>
>>81278294
thats 40k, we are talking about 30k. also 40k BA only have 2 guys in that armor. sanguinary guard dont look vampiric at all, for example.
>>
>>81278334
Only thing BA have in common with Vampires are certain teeth being larger and pointy, and an unquenchable thirst for blood when the mood takes them. So hardly vampires at all
>>
>>81278334
if you think BA, especially in 40k, aren’t vampiric at all i’m just going to discount you as a retard or troll, and probably too young to have even heard of the angels of death codex or the red thirst comic.
>>
>>81278390
none of that is portrayed in their aesthetic outside of 2 40k character models. BA aesthetic is "weird gay man in nipple armor covered in tear drops".
>>
>>81278432
every BA model without a helmet has fangs.
>>
>>81278452
so like 2 bare heads? fucking every space wolf head has fangs too, are they vampires now?
>>
>>81278462
No, they're dogs.
>>
>>81278462
look, you’re obviously a troll, so why are we bothering with this?
>>
>>81278475
why do you think nipple armor and tear drops are vampire aesthetic? BA really dont have a vampire aesthetic at all outside of the 2 40k characters who look like night lords.
>>
>>81278491
im not trolling you moron. BA really dont have a vampire aesthetic. nipple armor and crying isnt a blood dragon, baroque armor with bat motifs is.
>>
File: EBcFl8aXYAAEcSy.jpg (74 KB, 657x1000)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>81278432
>weird gay man in nipple armor
You also don't know about the 1981 Excalibur movie that also had a big aesthetic influence in 40k designs. Not to mention the arthurian connection to the Heresy and the setting.
>>
>>81278462
>fucking every space wolf head has fangs

But they don't.
>>
>>81278558
okay newfag
>>
>>81276397
Unironically looks like third party Russian shit.
>>
>>81278559
exactly, it isnt a vampire aesthetic. its some gay neoclassical vibe, once again just play EC. BA are pointless
>>
>>81278656
2obvious m8
>>
File: trololol.gif (2.27 MB, 480x360)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB GIF
>>81278616
>>81278656
>>
File: Spoiler Image (79 KB, 543x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>81278736
>noooooo FW has never made bad miniatures before!
>>
>>81274903
Why don't you get off that keyboard and choke on a dick instead ?
>>
>>81278774
Don't change the argument anon, I was the one saying that dawnbreakers and tears models are shit. In fact I think that they're worse than any 30k SW model except the upside down bolters.
But BA are renaissance vampires, just not halloween evil batmans like NL.
>>
>>81278861
in 30k BA are barely vampiric at all, they have almost no iconography (chalices and death masks are 40k) that suggests it and even the fangs are barely mentioned. Their theme is 'salvation' as mutants that get made perfect through Sanguinius' blood yet remain flawed as well. In 40k this changes to 'paradise lost' with characters like 'Dante' because they no longer have Sanguinius' moral example to follow and generally go more flawed and less human.
>>
>>81278000
>gay men

Anon, it’s a chapter of angsty pretty boy vampires with the most bishie Primarch. Use your imagination.
>>
>>81276397
Primaris rubbish has permanently killed and buried this helmet style.
>>
Thinking about getting back into heresy but literally cannot decide what legion to choose.

I’m mainly thinking:

Alpha Legion
Ultramarines
Dark Angels

But interested in other legions (DG, WS, even shattered legions) as well.

Please help me out.
>>
>>81279290
yeah but why do gay men flock to BA instead of EC? fulgrims way more fun than crybaby sanguinass, and he actually wins duels. eidolon is a hilarious character, as is lucius.
>>
>>81279441
You could always do some of each then see which one you enjoy painting / looking at the most, then flog the ones you don't want.
>>
File: 35366663677.jpg (144 KB, 1034x1200)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>81279321
The last time you looked at a primaris was in 2017, right?
>>
>>81279447
I'd assume it's because EC has the gross pozzed Slaanesh aspect.
>>
>>81279503
looks like age of sigmar
>>
>>81279503
No retard, it killed and buried it by associating it with Primaris.
>>
>>81279487
i was thinking of doing a shattered legions list, but you can't really fit all the cool stuff from every legion into a list like that...

not that it matters as literally 2 people play HH within 50 miles of me[/ spoiler]
>>
>>81279447
>gay men flock to BA
[citation needed]
>>
>>81279441
how could we help you decide what you want? At the most shallow level Ultras and DG are probably the strongest factions in your list, and also the most simple to put together. That said new rules are around the corner for someone starting fresh so it could change. Alpha legion is good as a force that can be inserted into pretty much every battle in the heresy, is great for your dudes shenanigans and is a really fun colour scheme with different metallic and effects paints out there.
>>
>>81279537
in his defense, I am a bi chad and I played BA back in the day. Tops go for BA, bottoms go for EC.
>>
File: 95202288.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1000)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>81279525
>looks like age of sigmar
They look like the dude in pic related with 10k years of difference
>>81279534
>No retard, it killed and buried it by associating it with Primaris.
Oh, you're mentally ill. Carry on, then
>>
>>81279558
idk, i hate to do a "dubs picks my legion" but maybe if someone plays any of those they can give advice.

i'm leaning most towards alphas atm, especially with the new starter set.
>>
>>81279515
yeah i guess thats it. the cool self aware gay men play EC while the uppity fags play BA and DA are closeted. makes sense
>>
>>81279503
>being a primaris fag
>in /hhg/
>current year
>>
>>81279589
>Tops go for BA, bottoms go for EC.
lmao, well said
>>
>>81279592
that model also looks like age of sigmar crap
>>
>>81279592
And you carry on back to 40kg please, or perhaps Reddit.
>>
>>81275347
>>81275357
Looks fun, but a few minor things to think about.

Why do you have the praetor? He's basically naked which is a waste of points, and you don't need him for master of the legion if that's what you're thinking, as Sevetar has that.

Who is sev rolling with? There's no space in the rhinos with the terror squads, and he can't teleport, so the only choice is the support squad. It may be worth dropping 1 mook from a terror squad so he can hitch a ride.
Otherwise you could get something like a command squad in another rhino for him, for a bit more choppy.

Speaking of the support squad, even though sev can infiltrate them, they at least need a rhino or they're gonna be shot to bits real quick.

With the dreads, if you want a double shooty dread, make it a contemptor mortis, so it can shoot flyers when needed, you have the free slot.

The termies are FUN, but the raptors are already going to just delete power armour, so all the claws is probably excessive.
Do it if you like em, but it would probably be more useful (and cheaper) to give em fists/axes, and/or combi weapons so they can contribute more on the turn they arrive.

The jetbikes seem a little lost. What is your goal with them? For just a little more points you could get the heavy support version with 3 multimeltas. Hell, replacing the support squad and having TWO squads of 3 multimelta dickbikes would actually be quite useful.

Sicaran needs dozer blades, you'll cry when it gets stuck on a rock.
>>
>>81279441
wait for the boxed set and rules anon
>>
File: kFLUE1spwux8o1_1280.png (576 KB, 800x437)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
Does anybody know who the lads being these painted miniature photos edited to look like "pict-captures" are?
Seriously I love the charm of these pictures being painted miniatures in well made diorama backgrounds edited to look as "realistic" as possible in combat.
Does GW still make pictures like these?
>>
>>81279768
Oh wait, I'm retarded. I forgot terror assault only has 1 HS slot.

The jetbikes are still a bit confused though, javelin speeders will give you a lot more firepower and bang for buck in the FA slot though.
>>
>>81279842
They're from the FW books
>>
>>81279607
I was not the one first mentioning primaris. There's no safe space for retards like that (And I don't like a lot of the models, ironically)
>>81279619
ngl I don't like it either, too much bling for 30k. But it is what it is.
>>81279625
No, I llke 30k. And you should be aware that if the incoming box set is a success, there will be a lot of new players that will no care about what 7th edition refugees like or not.
>>
wtf does terror assault even use for anti tank, besides a lightning?
>>
File: Dorn is concerned.png (1.16 MB, 764x793)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>81279893
>And you should be aware that if the incoming box set is a success, there will be a lot of new players that will no care about what 7th edition refugees like or not.
We will have to Fortify Our Position
>>
>>81279951
you have a solid selection of options
>melta bombs
>dreads in pods
>javelins and speeders
>outrider attack bikes
>machine killer vets
>sabre
>rapier
>>
>>81279872
Yes but does anybody know who is the artist or artists that made such visuals?

Besides taking the miniatures and placing them into well made dioramas to be photoedited to look like they're in a gritty battlefield.

I would actually kind of enjoy seeing each Primarch getting a "portrait sculpture" of themselves (their likeness the centre piece of a chaotic diorama sculpture) in the way Kris Kuksi does his "mixed media sculptures."
Anybody else share this same sentiment?
>>
>>81280051
I just checked the IA Vraks books, and "Digital photography" is credited to Tony Cottrell, Warwick Kinrade and a few others in each book.
So I guess Tony and Warwick were the guys mainly responsible for those images.
>>
>>81280217
guess that explains why quality of those has steadily declined and dropped sharply in crusade. i was right - they lost the experienced talent
>>
>>81280483
>dropped sharply in crusade
I doubt it was worse than Inferno
>>
>>81281299
it was.
>>
>>81279951
You can add any anti-vehicle unit you need, it won't get buffs, but it will help keep the tanks at bay while you focus on infantry that is your primary target.
>>
>>81278774
This one only needs you to put mags on his bolter, give him a power weapon and do a bit of work on decorations like fur. DB need you to actually cut into the dude himself, which will result in a hideously posed abomination and cut fingers unless you're good at converting.
>>
>>81277900
They always had mask artificer helmets and normal power armour ones. As other anons pointed out, the plastics come with both and there is art of them without the things. The best way to use them was always to put helmets on SG and use masks for characters.
>>
File: 20210913_030600.jpg (935 KB, 2746x1818)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
Model itself finished. Wrote up a bit of backstory for him to justify the mech familiar, his unit once deployed in a joint operation with some Reductor forces and his interventions saved a very important magos. They gave him the cherub and the permission to use elements of the Opus Machina in personal heraldry as recognition.
>>
File: 43526265626.png (2.19 MB, 2560x1440)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>81281645
>MkVIII
>>
>>81281645
yellow on the severed helmet is buggered, it was before too but i thought it was just because it was in progress. very tonka
>>
>>81281645
Seems like you got the wrong door, /40kg/ is two threads down
>>
I'm trying something a little different and trying to apply all of my lighter colors over a dark base coat by dry brushing. I've done it a few times and applied a good amount of pressure, but it's still pretty much only catching on the raised edges and not putting much paint on the smoother parts.
Should I try getting my brush slightly wet and try it that way? I seems like it will let more paint off the brush while still giving the effect I'm going for.
>>
>>81279441
ok decided to go for dark angels because i like bikers and swords and forbidden weaponry.

starting 1k seeker's arrow army is:

praetor on bike

5x bolter bikers
3x plasma bikers
10x assault squad

1x land speeder
>>
>>81272640
>gold podracer
How many CP is spinning? Is it still a good trick or was that errataed away?

I have 1k of night lords and I'm exhausted by GW.
>>
>>81282265
>CP
I think you want /b/
>>
>>81282014
What would you suggest? Maybe giving it a touch with a brighter yellow ink would help?
>>81281927
>>81282060
Mk4/5 with additional plating. The helmet, shoulders and backpack are anything but 8.
>>
>>81282973
Do it right or fuck off.
>>
>>81283834
Models or gtfo assburgers.
>>
>>81284876
no1curr
>>
>>81283834
>"do it right or fuck off"
>only uses the finest sino-fw leglets
>completely ignores armour autism being some made up faggot shit that didn't exist until the aspies discovered hh
Until Alan Bligh says visions of the heresy is non-canon I'll do whatever the fuck i want model-wise, and Bligh won't say shit on account of being dead, may he rip.
>>
>>81285021
Is it the same clown who's asshurt by something in mk4 kneepads? I've seen him rant in several threads by now.
>>
>>81272330
I use one as an AL Saboteur
>>
>>81276038
It's too small, but that's definitely something I thought of too.
>>
>>81279321
It's not the helmets it's the shit posing and empty torsos. What the fuck is happening to that model in the middle of the previous picture?
>>
File: 20210913_222853.jpg (841 KB, 1797x2560)
841 KB
841 KB JPG
Here's a model I painted a few months back. Was thinking of using as contemptor if we ever get around to playing, but he is on the small side.
>>
>>81273641

>more cringe
The amount of Self destructive autism and whining by Perturabo and all the iron warriors made them seem a lot less cool, ik some of it was meant to seem gritty and tough eg. like executing people for failure but it just came across as hypocritical and retarded every time, but the sense of humour and efficiency sort of make up for it, they just seem more menacing in 40k.

The word bearers are all scheming incompetents in 30k too aside from that one cool sniper.

>less cringe
Space wolves in 30k seem less cringe, they’re actually serious and more like cunning dark age warbands than furries.

Thousand sons literally do nothing wrong

Ultramarines actually have a personality and culture and no plot armour.

Dark angels have more of a knight theme going on

>no more or less cringe but more interesting

The world eaters having an actual gladiatorial brotherhood culture was cool, and the allied Titan legion.
>>
>>81273907
>Perty is a huge bitch and their aesthetics didn't improve much
Should've leaned more into the whole space!Greece thing Olympia had going on. Most we get is the greek key pattern on parts of the Logos and a name here and there.
>>
>>81281645
The yellow part looks way unfinished. Base and silver armor look like their both missing a step or two as well.
Cool freehand work though.
>>
>>81286015
kawaii
>>
>>81273641
>ruined by HH
Iron Warriors. They were properly scary in Storm of Iron but HH Perturabo is written so poorly and Falk, Forrix, et al are so goddamn bland.

>improved by HH
Ultramarines. I think Rome is cool and the Heresy Smurfs have much cooler-looking Roman bits than their modern counterparts. Abnett, for all his faults, also did a pretty decent job of giving the reader a snapshot of their naive optimism and statesmanship in Know No Fear.

Space Wolves. I liked the Wolves as portrayed in that one Ragnar Blackmane book where Rags gets sent to Terra, stopped liking them when the wolf gimmick got turned up to eleven, then started liking them again when HH brought their Viking gimmick back to prominence.

Imperial Fists. They're still mostly bland jobbers in HH, but at least their cool members haven't left yet to form successor chapters.

>a little bit of both
Iron Hands. On the one hand, Autek Mor's wild ride was a fun read. On the other hand, the Sisypheum crew's cartoonish comic book antics are quite lame.
>>
>>81273641
I don't think that my opinion on anything has ever worsened more than for the Alpha Legion
>>
>>81286734
>Space Wolves. I liked the Wolves as portrayed in that one Ragnar Blackmane book where Rags gets sent to Terra
King's SW will forever be what I think of when I think SW.
>>
>>81286897
only the wolves may have gotten a worse deal, and even then they fell from a much lower point
>>
>>81278000
why would straight men play with dolls of men who exclusively hang out with other men
>>
File: image0 (1).jpg (478 KB, 2594x1664)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>truv scale
>>
>>81286015
He cute
>>
File: Layak.jpg (159 KB, 876x1426)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
How do you think the siege of terra and the broader horus heresy would have played out if Lorgar's lackey had obeyed him and Lorgar + Fulgrim managed to oneshot Horus at Ullanor making Lorgar the new Warnmaster/head chaos honcho?
>>
>>81273641
Alpha Legion when all of the mystique around their treachery boils down to "Aliens say horus must win the war in order for the ultimate good ending!" We trust this to be 100% true for....some reason!"
Death guard, world eaters (Kharn especially), white scars
>>
>>81289019
Did the AL really trust the Cabal? They ended betraying them, and are always repeating "For the Emperor". I think the books push the idea that the AL is "loyalist", but their arrogance makes them do things the most convoluted possible way to the point they got lost in their own schemes.
Then there's the AL in the latest 40k books that are being connected to heresy events.
Not that all this is brilliant, but there seems to exist a genuine attempt by the authors to make plot twists, not just the AL being Perty/Morty levels of stupid.
>>
>>81288922
Probably a traitor civil war at bare minimum. Nobody respects Lorgar enough to consider him warmaster material. Dorn becomes the only major loyalist casualty at the Siege of Terra when he laughs himself to death at the idea of being besieged by "Warmaster Lorgar." Perturabo rage-quits even earlier because he considers this to be an act of kill-stealing.
>>
>>81287807
you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when the next edition launches in 54mm with super-heavy tanks and everything

all your titans will be the wrong size
>>
File: 1629276260991.jpg (527 KB, 850x860)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>81289133
>Dorn becomes the only major loyalist casualty at the Siege of Terra when he laughs himself to death at the idea of being besieged by "Warmaster Lorgar." Perturabo rage-quits even earlier because he considers this to be an act of kill-stealing.
lmao
>>
How does wtg tracking number works, i got my tracking number today on gmail even though it says i should have gotten on paypal and tracking website on wtg faq doesnt shows anything with it. i have never ordered anything online.
>>
>Read Mortis
>Yet another loyalist Emperor Titan gets curb-stomped with ease
At this point, you have to wonder why the Imperium ever bothered fielding those death traps. Emperor Titans in the books have a worse turnover rate than a Lamenters pastry shop.
>>
>>81289293
Does it look something like [two letters][bunch of numbers]CN? If so, just google China post parcel tracking and copy paste the number in
>>
>>81282437
CP means cabal point you retard
>>
>>81289653
Yeah yeah, save it for the judge, sicko
>>
>>81289293
Chuck the number into 17track.net, hopefully it will work itself out.
>>
>>81289672
Thats the site that wtg has in faq, I also tried googling the number it showed many tracking sites all of them showed
same shipping company, i think its not trackable yet.
>>
>>81289779
*Same carrier. YANWEN. it has very bad reviews on google and even on tracking sites.
>>
>>81288922
With more action and removal of infidels. Honestly, anything is better than having a delusional paranoid egomaniac commanding everything, and Horus was exactly that because he was only caring about himself and his slighted pride, like any hood gangbanger.
>>
>>81287083
>I-I-is that a round kneepad on beekee?!11!
>Aaaaahhh, I'm going insane! Save me chinaman!
>>
>>81286230
The base isn't even painted at all yet.
>>
>>81289992
Was horus actually controlling himself during siege? If mortarion and DG didnt got corrupted, mortarion would make a good warmaster, he and his legion knew about siege warfare.
>>
Does anybody know which arms the Contekar Terminators take?
Tartaros or Cataphractii?
>>
>>81290055
May as well make Pert the warmaster, he's good at both sieges and general logistics and organisation. You'd only need someone with a minimum of interpersonal skills to be the face for him
>>
>>81290110
Who's that going to be? Curze? Angron?
>>
>>81290110
You don't even really need to besiege Terra. Just drop Angron, tell him to do what comes natural, and call it a day. Everyone can leave for a few millennia to terrorize the rest of the Imperium while Angron abuses his daemonic respawn mechanic to grind his way through the palace. Dorn will run out of sandbags eventually (maybe).
>>
>>81290159
They should have destroyed loyalists that werent on terra like UM and DA.
>>
>>81290159
>Angron abuses his daemonic respawn mechanic
Wouldn't the loyalists having the entire silent sisterhood on their side stop that sort of thing
>>
>>81290101
Can you really not tell the difference between terminator marks, ornn by use google? Answer is on the FW page.
>>
>>81290101
Are you really legally retarded? Or are your eyes very deep in your asshole?
>>
>>81290110
He already has enough skills for that. You don't need an orator to command the operation, you need a general. Pert and his like-minded brothers are Jack Granger to Horus' Boyle.
>>
>>81290110
they shouldve made curze the warmaster, the war wouldve lasted 100 years and no siege wouldve been needed since logistics wouldve been crushed
>>
>>81290494
Curze was too busy floating around in a coffin in deep space.
>>
>>81290625
the most extra of all the Primarchs, truly an achievement
>>
i'm thinking of converting an enigmatus cabal using dawnbreakers with lots of DA bits. what would y'all use for the needle pistols?
>>
>>81290882
also, is it unfluffy to take that firewing unit with my ravenwing bros in the ravenwing RoW? they seem cool and i like jump pack guys
>>
>>81290912
Just fluff them as an attached close support unit. Someone needs to keep the smaller shit in check that the vehicles are too clumsy to handle. Just please, give them normal mk4 torsos so they don't die from one bolter round to the belly.
>>
>>81290993
LOL of course. the torsos they come with are too blood angels anyway.
>>
>>81290882
>what would y'all use for the needle pistols?

Genestealer Cultists and Necromunda got needle pistol models. You could potentially convert a Dark Eldar splinter pistol for the job. Or use the Scions' pistol looking medical device with the needle and chain blade.
>>
>>81291036
They aren't even BA, they're like some stripped-down pariah power armour you'd see on blackshields.
>>
>>81290993
>>81290882
Great news, the dawnbreakers' legs and midriff are a single piece! Lucky anons who dislike the sports bra look will get plenty of opportunity to practice their hobby skills carving away resin in order to get normal torsos to fit.
>>
>>81291127
oh for crying out loud. i was hoping because they were 63 pieces they would be normal. i'll just get an assault squad

>>81291053
that's true, i got a bunch of deldar stuff lying around. thanks anon.
>>
>>81290101
Bro, they are just Tartaros with ugly and pointless bits slapped on them.
>>
>>81291165
It's easier than you may think. Clip off the majority with cutters, then shave the remainder off with a knife.
>>
What was the biggest game you've ever played /hhg/?
>>
>>81292668
The name of the game is your mom and let's just say I'm already playing it
>>
>>81292668
The game of life.
>>
>>81291127
Remove everything but the chest plate itself from a mk4 torso, do a bit of filing or cutting in case it doesn't fit 100% good right away, and glue it to the body instead of the stripped down version. Did it with BAKA dudes before to convert them into 30k without breaking the pose or proportions, it's easy and it works.
>>
File: 20200705_155842.jpg (577 KB, 1313x2335)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>81292863
Forgot to add pic. Here's what it looks like when finished, in particular a nice touch is that now the breastplate doesn't look fused to the waist belt.
>>
>>81292863
Damn world filter, SM Heroes made that an acceptable abbreviation for /tg/. Damn admins and their old weeb lingo.
>>
File: 1627359362949.jpg (10 KB, 234x216)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>81292863
>>81292908
Okay you had me wondering for a moment what you meant by BAKA.
>>
>>81287807
Holy fuck, have the trooscalefags finally reached their endgame?
>>
>>81293110
No. Because to them, there is no such thing as "big enough"
>>
>>81293213
i get the feeling that truescale fags are manlets. truescale bullshit reeks of manlet insecurity
>>
>>81273641
>liked before HH but it got ruined for you by the HH media?
Alpha Legion

>Is there any Legion you found cringe but thanks to HH you consider them to be Chad
Ultramarines and Deathguard
That said I don't really read the novels so it's all really based on the campaign books

I'm still very much a dank angel fag through and through
>>
>>81293496
what did you like about AL in 40k? They are pretty much just a colour scheme in it, and do nothing narratively.
>>
File: Ulrik.png (1.27 MB, 994x1088)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
Anyone have any tips for converting his crozius into a thunder hammer? I'm not sure where to start or what hammer type would fit in his hand.
>>
>>81293852
Hammer from the Stormcast range? You can always replace the hand, since it's quite cleanly cut from the wrist.
>>
>>81293836
Their inferiority complex mostly, but also their independence and this idea that they do warfare differently focussing on intelligence work and covert operations. Duplicitous but not in the "are they secretly loyal?" sense, more the willing to shaft supposed allies kind if way or at least only technically fulfilling their duties while covertly pursuing their own ends
And also being very obviously deluded
>>
>>81294122
Yeah, might have to replace the hand, its a shame, as I like the overall pose. But I want him as an IF Praetor not a chaplain
>>
>>81294357
>IF
wat
you're gonna have to scrape off 2/3rds of the model to stop them looking like a space wolf
>>
File: retributor.jpg (187 KB, 398x845)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>81294357
I'm sure it's easy enough to cut the hand off the maul. Then just glue it on top of the stormcast hammerhead. Maybe something like the Retributors hammer. Put a skull or an eagle head in the middle of it, where the lightning bolts meet.
>>
>>81293431
Yes. You can easily tell by the fact that most of them aren't actually going for truescale (ie realistic proportions as opposed to GW's heroic scale) and just want bigger models
>>
>>81294409
I saw the model and for some reason thought of an old artwork of a Fist meeting a Tau diplomat. I think it’s a good ‘watching over the ramparts’ kind of pose too, if that makes sense?

I think it doesn’t look too bad so far (apart from my shitty attempt at a fist on his torso, my first attempt at greenstuff)
>>
>>81294409
Doesn't look too difficult.

The wolf tail on the belt buckle is easy to snip off and replace with another pendant. File down the fangs on the belt buckle's skull. File down the wolf heads on the knee pad and shoulder bits. Replace backpack. The helmet holding arm is a separate piece, so should be easy enough to replace. Runes on the cape and tabard can be green stuffed over or carved out and replaced with something else (little fists from the IF primaris upgrade sprue?)
>>
>>81294479
Good point anon thank you, I'll see if I can find it on a bits site.
>>
>>81272166
Excuse me- I have a question. It doesn't exactly pertain to HH, but some of the bits I intend on converting with are from the range.

Namely- How well does Qin Xa's helmet convert? Is it an easy swapjob, or is it one of those termie heads with a flat back like the Tyrants?
>>
>>81294622
This has got me thinking though, I do have an IF upgrade sprue, should I remove the wolf tail belt buckle for one of those measuring tools?
>>
>>81294797
If your praetor likes to keep his measuring tool next to his dick, sure.
>>
>>81294819
When Daddy Dorn is your primarch, every day is penis inspection day
>>
>>81294819
You don't?
>>
I wanna go back to talking about Lorgar assassinating Horus because the idea of the jobber heresy makes me smile.
How would he get anyone from the non=foaming at the mouth bit of team traitor to join him?
Afaik, everyone but ron thinks he's a cock, magnus discovering he's a traitor isn't going to lead to a panicked phonecall to dad in this scenario, nor is curze going to believe in a future where lorgar has managed to achieve anything.
>>
>>81294863
At least the fists are honest about it, they're that kind of hans and franz german gay that involves leather pants and fishnet shirts and menacing closet cases like perty and lionel with their own confused feelings about the whole thing.
Really, when you think about it, at least a quarter of the primarchs are either gay, transgender or in ferrus mannus's case, wishing fulgrim would make up his/her damned mind.
>>
>>81294997
mother-son relationships and heterosexuality are such big parts of masculinity that when you cut them out of a male character/group like in 30-40k you end up with a bunch of fags.
>>
Man I sure am glad I'm able to separate the topics of sexuality and space future space soldiers from space
>>
File: xiii.jpg (1007 KB, 1745x1709)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>>81294997
Say what you will about my boy Guilliman, but he's the most "human" and well adjusted of all primarchs, thanks to having a proper surrogate father and mother that did more for him that just exploit his powers.
>>
File: 1627493511372.jpg (85 KB, 980x952)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>81295215
>>
>>81295384
Sexuality is intrinsic to human development and it not being properly addressed in most primarchs' upbringing is probably a major reason they're such fuckups
>>81295424
Rob wandering around meeting other primarchs and thinking " what the fuck was wrong with your parents?" Is good canon.
>>
>>81295424
Didn't Fulgrim have adoptive parents?

Dorn had an adoptive grandfather, so you'd assume he had parents as well?
>>
>>81295617
Fulgrim had slaves who hung on his every word, not parents.
Dorn only had a father figure in the form of the patriarch of a clan, with no maternal figure mentioned.
As a result both are maladjusted.
>>
>>81294997
>off-hand joke about IF
>b-but muh IW
Rent fucking free lmao
>>
>>81295617
>>81295723
Do we actually have much lore about Dorn pre-reunification with emps? Some primarchs have really detailed backstories, but most accounts I've seen skip straight to the crusade arriving and being met by the Phalanx.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (36 KB, 433x708)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
He gonna kill horus and wound the emperor you know.
>>
>>81275815
what the fuck is that
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_Moustache.jpg (124 KB, 800x450)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>81295911
No, having a backstory is irrelevant timewasting that could be better spent conquering for the Emperor or building for the Emperor or fighting for the Emperor
>>
>>81295993
Or doing penis inspections
>>
>>81294612
Nice 40k model, also thin your paints.
>>
>>81295946
'Sanguinius fell to the black rage and was the one to wound the Emperor' is the most braindead reddit-tier OMG WHAT A TWIST fan theory ever. Which is why I'm afraid BL will actually go through with it.
>>
>>81285959
I'm pretty sure it's their attempt at recreating the type of poses Angels are sometimes drawn in in renaissance paintings, Like what they did with Sanguinius.
>>
File: 1623812679184.jpg (25 KB, 252x223)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>81281645
Lol its the same Autist who kicked off about some other Anon IW a few threads back

Good to see you still cant paint & model correctly , retard.
>>
>>81293852
Gonna have to do a lot of extra work on the armour for this guy, just order a recast of the games day Wolf Priest, much nicer model as well.
>>
>>81295993
>they still try to shoop over his babyface
Pathetic.
>>
>>81281645
If you’re going to paint it like that why not just spray leadbelcher and be done with it, it’d be much faster than what you’re doing now.
>>
>>81296395
You know they will
>>
>>81294643
https://youtu.be/khIv7wZkQAU?t=232

looks relatively simple, doubt there's much detail on the back but it's probably usable

weirdly the torso seems to be constructed the way the plastic kits are

good luck
>>
File: e5x8qm6irmo51.jpg (2.93 MB, 6018x4362)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
>>81296729
>>81296395
>>81295946
This is one of the coolest warhammer art and actual canon.
>>
>>81296686
Because this guy CANNOT take criticism, he views all constructive comments as shitting on him, and views his models as the best IW paint scheme on this board.

Even when he uses a Primaris helmet, instead of just going "Yeah , looks like MK4 from a distance which is good for me " the guy goes "NO ITS NOT ITS A SPEICAL MK4 "
>>
>>81296862
>"NO ITS NOT ITS A SPEICAL MK4 "
prove that it isn't
>>
>>81281645
Will say however , this guy can paint grenades well
>>
>>81296862
I intended it as criticism and an insult but I see a lot of this stuff where people do like 15 layers of “zenithal” priming and washes of a billion different things and then put so much paint over top that it hides all the work you did. Unless you’re good (and I mean well above average) at painting I find very often a base coat and wash with a two minute highlight and then focusing on weathering (especially for things like IW) using enamel or oils or sponges for chipping looks a hell of alot nicer than like 12 ultra thin base coats that by the top layer are really just two normal thin coats.
>>
>>81296894
Prove that it is?
>>
>>81289824
I always sprang for the huge order for free FedEx shipping. Free fast shipping and a tracking number that actually works? Yes please
>>
>>81296862
it was funny cause he then admitted it after denying it. he’s not really worth talking to. he’s also responsible for a lot of negative shitposting about printing, 3rd party, conversions, and painting. he’ll insult something someone else has done so he can post his own models as an example of god tier hobbying. i don’t think he actually plays, his word bearers are explicitly not heresy era and i’ve never seen anything that looked explicitly 30k only. i think he just comes here cause he gets more attention than on other threads
>>
>>81296894
It’s clearly production MkVIII

“Hey look, a panzer IV”

“Nuh uh, it’s a panzer III dumbass, it just has a wider chassis, new turret, upgraded engine and, better gun.”
>>
File: IMG_20210915_002139.jpg (463 KB, 1080x1665)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>81296862
>>81296894
Are you guys sarcastic or am i just blind
>>
>>81297016
I think I just like reminding him his IW arnt shit cos the guy he was bringing down were a dam sight better than his.
>>
>>81296894
my proof is that he said he converted it from a primaris helmet
>>
>>81289293
Wtg’s shipping to most places is anywhere between 20 and 50 days. The fedex upgrade is like a week. If you ordered something that he didn’t have stock of its around two weeks to produce before it ships.

The tracking with most Chinese carriers is pretty unreliable and should be thought of more as a guide then anything else.
>>
File: iiiiv.jpg (401 KB, 1865x398)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>81297027
>it's the same picture.jpg
>>
File: IMG_20210915_002455.jpg (499 KB, 979x1347)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>81297050
>>81296988
It looks like eaxctly this
>>
>>81297027
they gave dfferent mark specifications based on literally changing a machine gun out and other tiny differences.
>>
>>81297133
mate, we’re talking about the severed helmet in his hand.
>>
>>81296352
I'm glad you think its nice at least.
>>
>>81297133
You’re blind, that’s MkII, look at the armour moron. Hell, if you want to get into the helm look how the IW upgrade helm has an extra plate bolted over a MkIII head - the eye slits line up perfectly and you can even see the grille under the add on plate. The kneepads and legs are completely different shape and style.

I honestly don’t see how you could be so obstinate that it’s even remotely similar.
>>
>>81296616
That is a good wolf priest, but not really what I'm going for as I don't collect wolves.

So far he looks like this >>81294612
>>
File: IMG_20210824_035002.jpg (151 KB, 512x453)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>81297167
Ok iam dumb
>>
>>81297167
Awk, I was bitching about the rest of the model.

I still don’t like it.
>>
>>81297235
Yea… I read from old to new when I get on. Redacted.
>>
File: IMG_20210824_034738.jpg (99 KB, 334x593)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>81297224
I just thought that you were talking about IW head.
>>
File: IMG_20170708_215749_2.jpg (440 KB, 1600x1012)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Finished this veteran squad today, what do you guys think?
>>
>>81297306
Hey Nw my man, we should have specified
>>
File: erebus.png (607 KB, 669x462)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>
How to find 30k player? There arent any hobby stores in my country, is there any 30k discord? I live in georgia btw
>>
>>81297455
>georgia
based, congrats on winning the birth lottery. There are game finder groups on FB and reddit - i know there’s a fair bit of a community in russia but obviously that’s a commute. even in america it can be hard to find a group for 30k as it’s quite niche. you may have to start one yourself
>>
File: mechanicum.jpg (500 KB, 1700x1275)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
Sup lads how are you all. Working on anything nice? Finished some automata and I'm quite proud since their last owner had made a bit of a pigs ear of them.
>>
>>81297500
>based, congrats on winning the birth lottery.
I was actually born in usa, parents were georgian and they returned here when i was 1. Yeah i actually won birth loterry.
>>
File: RightSide-4.jpg (650 KB, 3572x2012)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
got myself a Macharius heavy tank, what are the pitfalls I should look out for beyond bent and warped resin (mines in perfect condition!) and what can I do to customize it?

I thought of adding a ballistic shield to the turret/ coupla... Not too sure it'll suit my force though, seems more an Iron-Chad thing!

Pic very much related.
>>
>>81297034
They are talking about the helmet in his hand, not on his head.
>>
File: 1541253895382.png (451 KB, 1016x550)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
Redpill me on Sons of Horus. What's their appeal gameplay-wise? Are they any forgiving and newbie-friendly? Do they depend on FW special units much or can I stick with basic plastic Bolter Boys and Termies?
>>
>>81297571
were you born in georgia, usa?
>>
>>81297835
>What's their appeal gameplay-wise?
Horus himself
>>
>>81297835
they play like their fluff: brutal up close blasting, going straight for the throat with elite units backed up by more standard units. they’re a lot of fun to play and have a good amount of options. remind me a bit of how epic marines play. you can get by with plastics but you absolutely want termies and they’re not a lot of reason not to take some justaerin
>>
>>81297865
born in usa, living in georgia (country) since 1 years old. have double citizenship. Probably going to return in usa when i finish uni.
>>
>>81295723
Was that deliberate ploy by Chaos?
>>
>>81297835
could probably convert justaerin out of plastic mk4 heads and cataphractii terminators. the appeal of SoH is justaerin 2bh
>>
File: ygga.png (636 KB, 399x671)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>81297835
I think the SoH legion rules are strong but require a little bit of thought to really make work. That's not to say they aren't noob friendly, though. The SoH want to be within 12" of their enemy at all times, so getting to that point intact and staying there is the primary challenge. Death Dealers is nutty and turns support squads, combi-vets, etc. into blenders, and Merciless Fighters lets you clean up whatever's left.

Their special units are a mixed bag. Justaerin are expensive but still quite good, while Reavers are overcosted and kind of basic (I still like them). Maloghurst is good for list-building since he makes vets and reavers troops outisde of a PotL list. Abaddon is a standard beatstick, and Horus is one of the best Primarchs in the game, both for the buffs he gives your army and how deadly he is in combat.

Overall I'd say that they work fine with vanilla legion stuff, the only FW special unit I'd really recommend are Justaerin because they can fit into most lists very nicely as a deepstrike menace. Their rules like I said are stong but they don't force you into a particular army composition/playstyle, as long as you're aggressive you can do a lot of different things, and Edge of the Spear is a nice flat buff to reserves meaning lots of Outflanking or drop pods, etc. can work well.
>>
>>81297167
I swapped it out for an intact mk4 from phalanx warders. The broken one with skull went back into the bits pile.
>>
>>81297455
Caп, гoги. Хз, пoпpoбyй в вк пoиcкaть или нa вapфopжe тaм. Mб нa cocaчe кoгo нaйдёшь в epeceтpeдe.
>>
Looks like I might have my weekends free up in the near future and was brainstorming a couple little display army ideas. Try some things different. I've got a couple ideas and some questions I thought you guys could help with.
1. Pride of the legion Ultra's in praetor mark armor. Outside of the head swap and mk4 base what else is needed to make praetor armor look good? I believe I'd seen it done with mk3 shoulders and mk7 arms, but I could be wrong.
2. Sally, Hands, and Raven shattered legion focused on the stuff each normally wouldn't have or go with. Sally destroyers for example.
3. Space wolves, but less barbarian and more military. Less fur and wolves. But what armor mark? 4? 6?
4. Full blown custom group using Blackshields/WE ruleswise. All the chainaxe's and bodies. Find a way to include orange heavily. Current name is Ochre Crosses.
>>
>>81297045
Cretin, you have been rude so much more that he's the victim now and you're the asshole. And he didn't deserve your retarded crusade in the first place.
>>
File: Armor Autism Trigger.jpg (64 KB, 800x800)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>81290018
It's a thing that SW do apparently.
>>
>>81298764
its mk5
>>
>>81298387
Thanks for the help, sorry dont know russian good enought. I actually tried VK and found some georgians in warhammer groups.
>>
>>81298882
Cocaч=2ch.hk, eastern Europe's equivalent of 4chinz. They have a Warhammer board, /wh/, and if my memory serves, there's a 30k thread.
>>
File: unremembered-empire-art.jpg (378 KB, 1218x860)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>81298555
>praetor mark armor
I'd say use MkIV torsos in MKIV-VII legs (the latter existed before mkVII was a thing) , or MkV torsos with MkIV-VI legs. That way you'll keep the heresy look while being like pic related from the BL books, or older trading card game illustrations.
"MkVII arms" are fine in MKIV+, they're the same as MkV just without the external cabling.
Add MkIV-praetorian helmets to your taste (but not Mk2/3 or MkV/beakies, that came later)
>>
>>81298956
The one front center in the right pic is just mk7 with a mk4 helmet, it's the ultimate way to give armour aspies a liftoff into orbit. Even better than that mk8 from before.
>>
>>81298555
>Ultra

Sternguard and Vanguard veterans come with blinged MkIV legs (standing and running).
>>
File: gw-99110101240-1[1].jpg (134 KB, 1322x491)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>81290018
The image armour autists don't want you to see
>>
wtf should i use the new beakies for im my WE? ive already got 60x tacticals
>>
>>81299298
You could simply not use them...
>>
>>81299082
>>81298956
Thanks.
>>
>>81299298
>Only 60
Anon what the fuck are you doing? This is not a question WE players should have to ask. The only question you should be asking is tacticals, or assauly squads, or magnetise for both?
>>
>>81299028
as an armour autist: nah, is easy to dismiss that as artist licence/mistake, just like the unknow pattern bolters.
But mkVII legs/arms are in so many HH illustrations that I think is best to retcon them into MkIV variant parts that later became the standard know as "mkVII aquila armour" (just like FW did with mantilla/sarum helmets). The trick to keep the "heresy look" is to mix them but avoiding making MkVII by accident.
>>
>>81299287
nah, they could have been given new armour parts after they came back (better that explanation that having heresy MKVIII armour)
>>
>>81299411
if they make plastic mk2 id get 20x. if they make plastic assault marines ill buy 30x. means my troops would be maxxed out, so idk if another 20x mk6 would just be pointless. i kinda want to do a 20x man blob of mk6 too but it feels like overkill
>>
>>81299082
I used the blingy mk4 legs, torso and helmet with a 30k backpack, plastic mk4 arms and an eagle shoulder pad to make a EC centurion. It worked surprisingly well.
>>
>>81299477
You haven't lived life until you've dropped 100 assholes onto the table and dared your enemy to try kill them all.

Fluffy AND fun.
>>
>>81299438
The funny thing about that pic in particular is it's not even a sub-pattern, they're just Corvus with a different face plate.
>>
>>81272745
I'm pretty sure it's spelled several different ways in the novels, and it's even mentioned that this happens at one point.
>>
>>81299563
Nope, only the legs are what we call Corvus pattern. The rest is MkIV-V (And I'm convinced that the legs were just a pre-Corvus variant)
>>
>>81299532
i guess if i only got 20x assault marines instead of 30x (if they ever make them) then i could fit in a 20x mk6 blob... was kinda thinking of just getting 10x and making them seekers but seekers are pretty pointless for WE. i cant even take vets since elites are maxxed out lel
>>
>>81299028
>it's the ultimate way to give armour aspies a liftoff into orbit

no, no, that would be using mkX heads on mkIV bodies and shaving the cruxes, purity seals and eagles off Indomitus but using Aggressor heads on them, then painting the whole lot up as White Scars
>>
>>81299840
just play a 40k DG army and say its siege of terra themed, watch faggots brain hemorrhage
>>
File: kPqvjqP.png (610 KB, 1210x800)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>81299874
>>
>>81287807
That would actually be a really cool primarch proxy. I like how gritty and augmented he looks.
>>
File: bigger.jpg (51 KB, 500x292)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>81287807
>>
>>81299298
Man, i Play TS and I have 60 tacticals. WE need minimum 100.
>>
What are despoiler squads? I see models for them for sale, they just look like assault marines without jump packs, but I cannot find where their rules are. Some pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>>81300096
Tacticals without bolters.
>>
>>81300026
I have 40 tacticals for my Fists and 30 breachers.
>>81300096
In-universe slang for tacticals that swap their bolters for chainswords
>>
>>81300102
Thanks! So they are not actually a unique type of unit? (I dont see any mention of despoiler so far in the books)
>>
>>81300126
The black books refer to them in a lot of places, but in game turns yeah, it's not a separate unit from tacticals.
>>
>>81300110
>In-universe slang for tacticals that swap their bolters for chainswords

Awesome thanks a bunch.
>>
>>81300126
No, just a name for Tacticals without bolters. Like how twin-fist dreadnought is a Furioso and one with a gun and missile arm is a Hellfire. It's just one of those things that exists but isn't mentioned often.
>>
>>81300126
They're a CQC configuration of line infantry, tacs are the ranged one. Fluff-wise they're the same units as well, they are given different gear depending on the deployment.
>>
>>81287807
Those look really cool.

>>81293110
Truescale space mangs are mostly an art project for for 40k where they are actually out of scale compared to other armies. When everything is a space marine, they can be whatever size you want.
>>
>>81299874
nice
>>
>>81299874
>40k DG army with no haulers or crawlers
grim
Speaking of, do we know when in the timeline daemon engines started to be a thing?
>>
>>81301118
The crawler (it's the mortar one, right?) Is basically just a nurglified backwards sicaran. The other one is a downsized Vulturax that some techpriest high on crack decided to bolt treads onto.
>>
>>81301174
>The crawler (it's the mortar one, right?)
yeah, the only clue that it's not a regular vehicle is the fact that it doesn't have any doors
>>
>>81301200
Glue an access hatch or a rhino cupola on it somewhere, and you're good to go.
>>
>>81301291
Yeah, that sounds acceptable
I've seen much worse use of 40k models in 30k
>>
>>81296824
>This is one of the coolest warhammer art and actual canon.

And that, my friend, is exactly why the BL writers want to completely change the story and invalidate it.
>>
>>81301436
The people of this site direly need to learn the saying "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence". They're just bad writers, not a malevolent force.
>>
>>81301461
no, they are both malevolent and shit writers.
>>
>>81298773
IT'S PIKACHU
>>
>>81298764
like 30% of all terminator knees used to be arranged this way

we have lost so much
>>
>>81301493
Lotta writers turn out to be rather spiteful towards any fans once they open up on twitter or something. Makes you wonder who hurt them as a kid Except in the case of ADB, for him we know
>>
>>81301709

>>81301709

>>81301709

New thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.