[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scpwod.png (120 KB, 514x500)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
Hey neckbeards, it just occured to me that World of Darkness systems and SCP lore seem to be a match made in heaven. Hell, you could probably make the various GoI's Compacts (AWCY?, Marshall, Carter & Dark, Dr. Wondertainmemt) or Conspiracies (the Foundation, the GOC, maybe the Chaos Insurgency or Serpent's Hand) and plug 'em right into the actual WoD setting.

Does anyone know if anyone's worked on marrying the two together before? A quick Google search found nothing, but I'd be eager to see what's out there.
>>
>>80446474
Interesting idea, but I kinda fail to see how, precisely, this would be done. Are the PCs agents of the Foundation? How would anomalies etc be statted, or if it's possible to roll for a custom anomaly? If it's a mashup of the two settings, how can you mesh WoD things like True Fae, Sabbat, Black Spiral Dancers etc with SCP lore like Sarkics, Anantasesha etc?
Elucidate us on how and why you should mix the two together.
>>
>>80446474
>I know what WoD needs
>MORE global occult conspiracies dealing with apocalyptic threats every day
Jesus anon there won't be any normal humans left.
>>
>>80446609
I'd imagine the PCs'd be Foundation staff, aye. Probably mostly MTF's, since Paperwork Simulator doesn't sound as interesting. I'd imagine they'd be joint MTF groups, with what MTF you come from granting different Merits and skills, analogous to Vampire Clans or Werewolf Auspices. Eta-10 'See No Evil' could gain a +Composure roll to resist cognitohazardous effects (charms, glamours, hypnosis, certain runes), while Delta-5 'Front Runners' could gain bonus pips in the Contacts Merit in a given GoI?

Mixing the lore, I think it wouldn't necessarily be *as* hard as it seems at first glance - part of the point of WoD is that the nasties do their business in the dark, away from common society. I could see the Foundation looking at the Masquerade, for example, and go "well alright, you're *clearly* in breach of normalcy but we do not have the funds or manpower to eradicate the lot of you so we'll content ourselves with nicking your worst offenders and focus our efforts elsewhere". The GOC would have a fuckin' field day though.

>>80446622
Part of the charm of WoD for me is the inherent wackiness in fifty different shadowy organisations pulling the strings and avoiding twenty different apocalypses simultaneously, haha - it's a dark fantasy kitchen sink, and I love it for that. I can definitely see how it'd be too much, though - perhaps adapting the mechanics but leaving the lore would be better?

Anyhoo, I need to quickly nip over to the drugstore and grab my Ritalin before they close, back in 20ish if we wanna talk further. I'd love to see this happen :)
>>
>>80446723
>perhaps adapting the mechanics but leaving the lore would be better?
I guess it depends what you like about SCP. I can dig porting some of it but its sort of a giant bloated mess, and im personally sort of over it as a continuity but I still enjoy the idea of what it was doing. I think you would be best off selecting a handful of your favourite larger SCPs (like a couple of the location based ones, and a couple of the entities), deciding who is going to be running the conspiracy (government, church, independent occult network, i actually think maybe the technocracy would be a good choice), and then sprinkling in the lesser artefacts as bait for hooks to get the PCs involved as needed.

I do like WoD for its "crazy conspiracies clashing in the dark" aspect, I think adapting some of the SCP foundation's elements would work well as a way to have and ambiguous additional element in a campaign.
>>
>>80446723
>Part of the charm of WoD for me is the inherent wackiness in fifty different shadowy organisations pulling the strings

I don't disagree, that does sound amusing (especially when they get in each others way) but at the same time how do you have so many groups running around and keep them interesting to the players? How do you keep them from just becoming cardboard cutouts without any complexity?

Also what do you do in cases where the groups are so similar that it would be redundant to have both, for instance the GOC and Task Force Valkyrie?
>>
>>80446474
i found this rpg https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/334521/SCP-The-Tabletop-RPG does anyone have a pdf of this, i would buy it but my local currency is shit and i would waste some 100 shekels of my local currency
>>
>>80446622
What they're talking about is 100% HtV's set up though.
>>
>>80446828
I'd say focus on building up one or two threats at a time per adventure, leaves you the time and energy to flesh 'em out at a reasonable pace. Don't build a continent if you just need a village, eh?

Also, in terms of redundant organisations, I think that could be handled by "due to the inherent difficulties of acquiring intel on other groups in the field, different groups hild different ideas on WHAT the GOC/TFV is, but they're actually the same organisation"?
>>
>>80446723
>>80446474
You will have a better chance playing Delta Green/Call of Cthulhu than running this shit in any of the WoD system. Unless you want to kill yourself during the combat scenes.

Plus WoD systems are literally built for players to be "Super-natural" beings, be it Vampires, Werewolves or other autistic shit.

I don't think it would be too hard to apply WoD's and SCP shit to a Delta Green system, also considering it has a really great sanity system.
>>
>>80447758
>it has a really great sanity system
Is that the one inspired by Unknown Armies?
>>
>>80447910
I never touched Unknown Armies, so idk, but I like sanity in Delta Green and Call of Cthulhu.
>>
File: 1611073557053.gif (2.04 MB, 330x225)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>>80446474
>SCP
>>
>>80446474
I've done this for homebrew here and there. I also run a VtM LARP (fuck off, I like it) heavily inspired by SCP.
>>
>>80448502
Any specifics you'd like to share?
>>
>>80448703
Sure, the really big thing I've done is adapt the Scarlet King mythos. I've turned him into a beefed-up Fomorian, with each of the 'Laws' from Tufto's Proposal being a Fomorian that works in tandem with the other two. SCP-2317 is located in a Backrooms-like area, which I've chosen to represent a Bastion from Demon: The Fallen. There's also access to 2317 through an Infinite Ikea, which the players haven't found yet. The Children of the Scarlet King show up as well. There's also a bunch of SCP artifacts scattered throughout the game world, and MC&D has shown up as an NPC faction for the players to tangle with.

I've also drawn lots of material from The Second Apocalypse series, Evangelion, and basically anything else I think is cool, for what it's worth. I wouldn't really characterize this as a strictly SCP-inspired game nor anything, but a lot of SCP anomalies were showing up as 'Monster of the Week' style plots, particularly last year during the pandemic, when we were playing online.
>>
>>80446474
SCP is dumb
Archmages win
>>
Are there any particular Splat/SCP interactions you would like to see?
>>
>>80446474
I don't think there's room for the SCP foundation and all the other conspiracies in the regular full WoD. Frankly there's not enough room in the SCP universe for the SCP universe. There would be so many secret societies there would be more people involved with them than not. Maybe if you just used one or splats I could see it working but I'd rather just play Delta Green at that point.

Yeah just play Delta Green
>>
>>80446622
No.

And furthermore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbTI7eWaQbk
>>
File: vtm_obtenebration.jpg (198 KB, 900x1227)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>80446474
SCP is for faggots. oWoD is based.
>>
>>80446474
When I'm done converting the Deviant rules to WoD it'll be basically perfect for SCP stuff.
>>
>>80460467
I thought Deviant was WoD? Or do you mean OWoD?
>>
>>80460940
Deviant is Chronicles, I'm converting it for WoD rules, thankfully like half the powers in it don't need to be converted, they're almost Magelike in their lack of defined limits.
>>
>>80463064
I never read through Chronicles, I didn't realize there were significant differences between the two.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.