[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 513oimkeTKL (1).jpg (50 KB, 326x500)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
End Times Edition

>Resources (Rules, lore, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay)
WFB: https://pastebin.com/qVGrgwwh
WFRP: https://pastebin.com/inbyBsR6
Novels: https://pastebin.com/6FV6bSNQ

>Warhammer Wikis
https://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Alternative Models (WiP)
https://pastebin.com/xPeM9szL

>Warhammer Video Games
https://pastebin.com/bqTN0PkR

Previous thread:
>>80428082
>>
>>80439584
>>80439627
if thats the case then why not have a unifed panthon when it seems the people worship the gods equally?
>>
>>80440229
Because worship is uneven and gods are jealous. You wouldn't pray to the Unified Pantheon to save your son from illness, you would pray to Shallya. The fuck do Sigmar or Ulric care? They're too busy being badasses and killing shit. What does Taal care about safe passage over the seas? "Fuck that," says Taal. "There's no wilderness there."

Basically the idea of a unified pantheon is both very modern and very stupid. Even Hindus don't do that, they pray to different gods at different times.
>>
>>80440311
fair
>>
>>80440311
but arrent the hindu gods are all part of a connected pantheon?
also how is it stupid?
>>
Are grey seers the same size as stormvermin or clanrat sized in lore?
>>
>>80440347
Are you just not reading the posts or something?
>>80440357
Varies.
>>
>>80440373
yes and im still confused.
when you pray to a unified pantheon It dosent mean you dont see one god is more impotent then the other
but it still dosent awnser my other question
how is a unified panthon stupid
>>
>>80440347
There's a difference between a Connected Pantheon and a Unified Pantheon.
>>
>>80440549
They're all considered part of one pantheon in the game world, the imperial one. You do not pray to the pantheon. You pray to the god in question. You don't go "Oh mighty pantheon, will you do this" you say "oh mighty shallya, please cure my hemorrhoids" because nobody else cares about your asshole. They're individual sources of power, not one big one with different aspects.

The Imperial gods pop up in other parts of the world, and they certainly don't call them the "Imperial Gods". They just call them their own gods.
>>
>>80440549
>How is a unified pantheon stupid?

For Warhammer Fantasy specifically, or in general?
If you want to know why for Warhammer - because what's unifying them? The biggest draw to a pantheon to unify would be a common enemy (Greek Gods vs. Titans for example), which would for Warhammer translate to 'Everyone vs. Chaos Gods'.

Then you have the issues that arise when there is practical, physical evidence that other religions and races Gods really do exist and can force their will upon reality. Kinda hard to say 'Nah, our gods are real and better' when you see Khaine manifest down the street and start eating your neighbours.
>>
>>80440347
The hindu all have their own festival days as well as unified prayer. And only the most base puja is ever addressed to every gods. It's generally considered the equivalent of going HEY HEY GOD HEY HI BYE YOU CUNT to do it that way.
>>
>>80440607
ok whats the differnce
I guess I ment to so say.
why not have 1 religion with a connected pantheon
1 temple with shrines to the other Gods

>>80440622
ya I know that
but why not have one faith with a connected panthon

like the 9divines

>>80440670
no I meant in real life
>>80440704
ya but thy have one faith that unifies the god under one religion
>>
>>80440347

yes and no. Hinduism is not a unified religion, nor does it have a unified pantheon in the way we often think of pantheons. it's a bunch of religions that have come together/have been forcefully lumped/umbrella'd together.
>>
>>80440741
>ya but thy have one faith that unifies the god under one religion

No. No they don't. Even the godhead is only a triumvirate.
>>
>>80440741
>why not have 1 religion with a connected pantheon
>1 temple with shrines to the other Gods

Do you have your own bed? Something that's yours? Where you sleep? What about your neighbours? Everyone up and down the street you live on?

Why don't you all share a bed? You're all connected. You live on the same street, afterall. You might have different personalities, different drives and interests, but you all live near each other. All your beds and homes should be interchangeable yeah?

That's what you're saying.
>>
File: Malekith_vs_Tyrion.jpg (88 KB, 700x417)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
What was going through the horse's mind at this moment? When his rider duelled Malekith and left him to face off against a few tonnes of muscle and temper?
>>
>>80440764
Sorry, my bad, misremembering something. The Godhead isn't a triumvirate, but it's not worshipped by them either. The supreme triumvirate is worshipped, but not as a triumvirate. Just the individuals.
>>
>>80440784
ok im sorry
im confusing how faith and metaphiscs works.
since were on the topic
what do you think of the grand orthodoxy thy added to kislev
>>
>>80440842
>>80440763
>>80440764

im sorry I know nothing of hindusim
I thought all the gods were worshiped under one religion
why not have it that way
>>
>>80440874
Elaborate on what you mean by "under one religion".
>>
>>80440892
one faith multiple gods
all gods are worshiped for different reason.
but each god is called epon for differnt reasons
but all are worshiped as great
the strength of Ulric and sigmar help on the battle field
but shallya will have mercy on you when your wounded.
each God serves a purpose right. each must be respected
each gods have their own commandments
all must be respected
>>
>>80440950
>each God serves a purpose right. each must be respected
>each gods have their own commandments
>all must be respected

That's not one religion, that's a pantheon.

>>80440859
Interesting development, I like that they're growing the setting and developing the story.
>>
>>80440950
This is what happens already. People respect the tenets of each god to greater or lesser degrees. They tend to venerate a single god above the others, but still pray to all of them. They just do it individually, as necessary, not just "pray to the gods".

They just lack the standard creation myth that comes with standard monotheism or some of the more aggressive polytheistic religions. They're a distinctly polytheistic society and don't disdain the fact that other gods exist.
>>
>>80441005
And the degree to which they respect those tenets varies wildly. Almost everyone stays the fuck away from the Gardens of Morr. Not so many people respect Shallya's insistence that all one needs is courage and a sturdy walking stick.
>>
I really hope tomb kings get a model range again with ToW
I'm reading their 6e army book and it's just... fun. It's fun to read. Not as fun as Hordes of Chaos, but still really good. Two armies shouldn't be too hard to build.
>>
>>80440980
>That's not one religion, that's a pantheon.
One shared pantheon is one religion
>>
>>80441101
>One shared pantheon is one religion

A pantheon is the particular set of all gods of any individual polytheistic religion, but since Gods like Ulric, Sigmar and Ranald don't SHARE a religion, I suppose it isn't one.

Being siblings, Ulric and Taal could count as a pantheon, but at the end of the day what you're looking at here is a bunch of separate religions that are worshiped and treated equally. Sigmar himself was an Ulrican, IIRC. Saying they should all be a single pantheon doesn't make much sense when the only connecting trait they have is that they are worshiped by humans.
>>
>>80440704
Imagine emailing everyone in your contacts instead of just Greg the helpful phone repair guy.
>>
>>80441157
>Imagine
Christ, so annoying worshipers are like my dad?
>>
>>80441150
>Being siblings, Ulric and Taal could count as a pantheon, but at the end of the day what you're looking at here is a bunch of separate religions that are worshiped and treated equally. Sigmar himself was an Ulrican, IIRC. Saying they should all be a single pantheon doesn't make much sense when the only connecting trait they have is that they are worshiped by humans.
They are worshipped specifically by humans of the Empire. You wouldn't say each different greek god is its own religion despite having certain factions devoted to specific ones, they were all the Greek Pantheon.
>>
>>80441218
If your dad dialed all his kids at once because he figured they were all mostly the same.
>>
>>80441241
Tileans also worship Taal, though usually differently. They like Kurnos more.
>>
>>80441241
>You wouldn't say each different greek god is its own religion despite having certain factions devoted to specific ones, they were all the Greek Pantheon.

Except the Greeks did, though they recognized that they were all 'real' and didn't want to piss any of them off. The idea of a unified Greek Pantheon is a modern division to make studying them easier.
>>
>>80441285
>>80441241

Actually, if your logic holds out than the Chaos Gods and Khaine should be part of the same pantheon too.

And they are - we call them the Warhammer Gods.
>>
>>80440980
I guess were Im going with this
I want something like the great orthodxy for the empire
>>80441150
I like elder srcolls I mention the 9 divines because the gods have no connections with each yet thy share a religion
most of my understanding fantasy religions comes from "study" of TES lore and how its metaphysics works
I know differnt settings have differnt metaphysics and spiritual understanding of how the gods work within that world.
but well im kinda retarded and make retard comparisons between fictions both modern and old
>>
Do we actually know what caused the decline of the high elf dragons? I used to think it was the climate getting a touch warm for their tastes, but apparently it only happened around -990, so it can't even just be Malekith's fault.
>>
>>80441953
>I want something like the great orthodxy for the empire
It's been attempted, and it was resisted. There was a whole war between the Sigmarites and the Ulrican's over it.

But I mean, if you run a WFRP game you can always just have that be the canon for your setting.
>>
File: 1512923261200.png (362 KB, 600x773)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
One thing that has to be remembered with this pantheon talk is that there are a lot of local, little gods, some deities that are big in one region but not in others, gods whose worship has been officially outlawed or long abandoned, and even stuff like dwarf gods being worshiped by humans. There's no way you can smash that into one unified, organized religion.

In a meta sense it's very clear there are a bunch of various spirits and deities whose power waxes and wanes through worship - gods have been created, though I've heard of none destroyed. Everything's a matter of perspective and faith on some level.

I do like TES's religion and its metaphysics but it makes it very clear that from a meta point of view there are nine Aedra and eighteen Daedra and anything else is just another take on one of those, a mantling like Talos of Shezzar, or something special like Mannimarco. They firmly exist and their existence is not dependent on worship.
>>
>>80442095
My headcanon is the Vortex messed with their magical being or some shit
>>
>>80442662
It'd have to be pretty slow, since it happened 3500 years before they started to nod off.
>>
>>80442699
Things like that usually take a long time in nature, the vortex subtlety pulling more and more magic out over a long time will eventually take its toll, and over time one after another the dragons will begin to retreat into hibernation.
>>
>>80442712
Apparently it all happened at once, almost as soon as Tethlis took the throne.
>>
>>80442728
Well then that was probably the trigger, maybe his aggressiveness towards other elves (Dark elves, but still elves) made the dragons want to fuck off for a while on top of whatever voodoo Malekith was up to
>>
>>80441082
They werent really fun to play, they couldnt march meaning that they were the slowest army in the game, slower then dwarves. Pretty much your only option was archers spam
>>
>Pretty much your only option was archers spam

Chariots.

Chariots Spam, anon.
>>
>>80442922
I'm sure there's some way to fix that.
>>
>>80442937
Yeah chariots are an option. Just not a good one
>>
>>80442922
I like really slow armies as a concept. My Hordes of Chaos list relies on warriors of chaos defending my characters while they channel the powers of Tzeentch.
I do want to get a unit of knights though.
>>
>>80442922
Its not like they can't remedy that with some better Necrotect and construct rules. Its fine if they are slow but with ways to make up for it, say raw destructive power from their constructs or movement manipulation (making the enemy slower with sandswords or making themselves deepstrike and redeploy with sandstorm magic shit)
>>
>>80443048
>Tomb Kings are slow and their chariots are shit.
I'm flabbergasted, honestly.
>>
>>80443233

A on, have you seen the Incantation system? Specifically the bit where you spam the magic movement spell 3-4 times every turn until it goes in and you get Chariots that can pivot into flank charges?
>>
Have you guys seen the confirmation Old World is both 28mm, square base, and will be able to use old faction models?
>>
>>80444119
Yeppers. I would have liked to have seen it be a Warmaster reboot rather than just them pseudo admitting they fucked up and bringing Warhammer back, but still - good news.
>>
>>80444136

Between Warmaster Revolution, the explosion in 3rd party sculpts, and the increasingly availability of 3d printers, Warmaster is doing absolutely fine and neither needs nor wants help.
Anyone who actually wants to play Warmaster can already do so with exceptional ease, why ask GW to get involved and ruin it?

> t. literally printed a 2k Goblin army last week from Green Skin Minis to join/found a new local gaming circle
>>
>>80440805
>how the fuck did this neighhappen!
>>
>>80442095
>Do we actually know what caused the decline of the high elf dragons?
yes, the climate change, it wasn't an immediate thing
>>
>>80444119
ye, but really only idiots expected otherwise

the most interesting piece of information is that they're fishing for mechanics through all the editions
>>
>>80444859
Ah. Where's that?
>>
>>80440805
"The perspectives are all bad, shit artist is shit"
>>
>>80440805
>holy fuck, I'm a horse
>>
>>80444377
Yeah but did you paint them champion?
>>
>>80444811
>not happeneigh
one job
>>
>>80444934
7th ed rulebook, beginning of the timeline
>>
>>80440357
Generally smaller, blackfurs are bigger than humans.
>>
>>80445145
>blackfurs are bigger than humans.
they're bigger than a skaven, not bigger than a human
>>
>>80445165
They get bigger when I pull them
Sometimes I pull so hard, I rip their skin off!
>>
>>80445295
Calm down Kerillian.
>>
>>80445299
Go away, furfaggot.
>>
>>80445027

It's about 400 models and I've had them for 2 weeks but I'm sure it's nothing that can't be fixed with some Contrast and drybrushing.
>>
>>80445457
>he can't paint 400 models in two weeks

Just do ice bro
>>
>>80445295
My dad told me a few things too, like how to not rip the skin using somebodys elses axe.
>>
File: 1626744929987.png (237 KB, 645x466)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>80445354
Grungni's mattock, Its not my fault elf is elf.
>>
>>80445535

Turns out I can't count for shit and its actually more like 600 models but I'll definitely get some base colours down and plenty of pics from our games.
>>
>>80442256
Aren't there even some human Khainites too?
>>
>>80439933
Why are we using mega to download stuff now? Whatever happened to good old torrents?
>>
>>80445732
In the old WFRP lore, definitely.

Speaking of - /wfrp/ers, tell me about your group and what you're up to!
>>
>>80444377
do you have any photos, I'm curious on how they look
>>
>>80445732
Yes. He's banned because, hey, god of murder, but 2e even had a set of miracles. Including some that boil down to "SURPRISE ETERNAL DAMNATION MOTHERFUCKER"
>>
>>80445848
I've only run one shots for groups of boomers back home, but at uni my friends are typical zoomer 5e people and I've managed to convince them to give WFRP a go. Gonna run the starter set adventure hoping to turn it into Enemy Within if all goes to plan and they like it.
>>
File: snapsh10.jpg (132 KB, 1024x777)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>80445861
At work but will get something posted this evening. I'm extremely impressed with the quality and how easy they were to make though.
>>
>>80445848
Currently organising a post-SoC 4e game for a couple of my mates. Gonna be an adventure of the week kind of deal where the players work as part of the effort to clean up and rebuild the ravaged northern Empire.
>>
>>80445848
We're trying to run Lure of the Liche Lord on the suggestion of this thread. The one literate character is having trouble, because he's having to make his own map and record all the traps as best as he can. He's also having to force grow trees so we have enough sticks to poke around and try and set things off. And use them to poke rocks down stairs. We've on level 2.
>>
>>80444119
So, does that mean if I wanted to play my rats in Fantasy I would need to rebase them *again*? I fucking despise this company so much holy fuck. I legit thought they would just give us regiment bases with circles. Now the fucking "No you cant use X base, that would be an advantage" discussions starts once more. Even worse a lot of their shit isn't even sold with square bases any more.
>>
>>80445848
An Ogre manhunter from the Badlands, a Solkanite Witch Hunter, a former Sub-mariner Dwarf from Barak Varr and a duellist who may or may not be a lady-elf and their pet Necromancer are currently on the run from an extremist demagogue who wants to hang them for the not-yet-happened murder of an Elector Count, while following rumours and clues on the location of a lost relic of dwarf proto-rune work that may hold untold power.
>>
>>80445848
Elf detective, sergeant Richard Sharp, G.I. laurelorn elf and Dwarf McSlayer are about to search through the sewers of Übersreik looking for some smugglers that may engage in human trafficking and may use suspiciously advanced gunpowder weapons that leave green marks. Maybe they even have to defuse a absolutely not-skaven trap down there...
>>
>>80445927
Get fucked roundie
>>
>>80445927
You've got like 5 years before TOW comes out and you can rebase them in an afternoon calm the fuck down.
>>
>>80445848
After being stranded outside of city gates due to quarantine for two weeks we finally came back to our part of the city only to discover that shit is fucked and we are almost at the start point again because who whould have gussed that chaos woshiping crime lord can counterattack.
Basiclly start of fourth arc of GTA:SA.
>>
>>80440874
You seem to be under the misassumption that religion is by neccessity organized beyond the individual priesthood and tenents.
Where you born into an atheistic society? You seem to come at this sort of thing from a secular approach where the divine is simply organized to be as practical as possible from the outside rather than something that evolves more or less organically from the inside.
>>
>>80446302
I was born in amerishart land
I guess in a way you can consider it athiestic. minus all the Protestantism. But I never grew up in a religious house hold. I have no ill will towards religion,faith or god. Im not an athiest. though for a short time i was. but I just consider my self one becuase I didnt want to deal with fedora and pseudo-intellectuals.
>>
>the Imperial pantheon isn't one religion
You guys really overanalyse things.
>>
I'm a bit confused about miracles in WFRP, so as far I'm aware back in Fantasy itself priests were implied to effectively just be wizards with their 'miracles' being spells they're casting. It was only really in Age of Sigmar that they changed it that Priests were in fact different from wizards and it was miracles from the Gods not spells, which WFRP 4e seems to have adopted. However if this is the case, why do they say Elves aren't priests in Fantasy when the lore that retconned priests to be not just another kind of wizard also retconned elf priests to exist?
>>
File: high elf.png (807 KB, 510x839)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
>>80446520
>why do they say Elves aren't priests in Fantasy
They are, at least in the way 4e frames it. Elves don't have priest careers because they are supposed to be wizards instead.
>>
>>80446540
I get all that, but the lore that retconned Priests as a seperate thing for humans also retconned elves to having this divine miracle magic. Is this just C7 making an odd decision or is there some lore that I'm missing here?
>>
>>80446572
Source?
>>
>>80446520
Elves don't believe in miracles as being distinct from magic, so their Priests are better represented in the game as Wizards. It's kind of like how Dwarfs can't do magic of any kind, but they still have Priests; they're just Dwarfs that wish to emulate the Ancestors in their deeds, rather than directly praying to them and hoping stuff happens.

It makes sense, really. Elves can study long enough to do High Magic and basically do anything, so they don't need to create a framework to bullshit other forms of magic into existence.
>>
>>80446629
How easy is it to conver spells from 2e to 4e? Back then all the miracles were spells so might as well just bring the old elf miracles if it's possible.
>>
File: 1740_1.jpg (137 KB, 800x1242)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>80446629
Are there male priests of Khaine?
>>
>>80446520
I'm not sure elves ever had miracles. Even Morathi, probably the closest thing to a High Priestess of Khâine, is 100% a sorceress. Malekith himself, the self-appointed physical incarnation of Khâine, is also a sorcerer. They're not drawing on divine power, because to the elves magic and divine power are the same thing (because they are).
>>
>>80446679
yes. the major dark elf priesthood is male. it's where sorcerers go and swear they're totally not sorcerers.
>>
>>80446680
Didn't Death Hags use miracles?
>>
>>80446680
There sure seem to be divine, rather innate powers, like the phoenix guards "dread" aura, Alith Anar being able to talk to animals because he's a Kurnous worshiper, the supposed but rarely expanded on subtle powers phoenix kings can get.
>>
>>80446732
Phoenix Guards and the King have tiny bits of divine awareness in them. But to the elves, magic and the divine is the same thing. There are no divine lores because magic is already divine. >>80446710
They used the enchantments in the cauldrons.
>>
>>80446680
>High Priestess of Khâine
That's Hellebron, Morathi worships Atharti.
>>
>>80446732
Right, but Elves are also aware that prolonged exposure to magic can change you (and that humans are considerably more susceptible to this). They might get minor effects like that, but as far as I'm aware there aren't any elf priests saying a prayer to Asuryan and calling down holy fire to smite their foes.
>>
>>80446700
Not sure how canon they are.
>>
>>80446754
Yes, but the elf gods still exist and may bless individual elves, or elves gain powers by impersonating these gods. Humans may call on divine powers as something external (miracles), while for the elves that's magic (which is divine as well as arcane), but innate powers may be entirely divine.
>>
>>80446520
prayers being mechanically different from magic has been a thing in whfb too, but that doesn't mean they are completely separate things, in a similar manner as to how runemagic too is mechanically different from normal magic while still deriving ultimately from the energies of the realm of chaos

in the lore magic and miracles are the same on the account that both employ the energies of the realm of soul or entities deriving from or drawing power from there, and that wizards have been reported to be capable of disrupting miracles like they can do spells, but on the other hand there are accounts where miracles and conventional magic behave in different and apparently separate manners

as far as I know elves have a different approach to religion and religious figures compared to humans, they don't really have many formal priests or figures specialised in using this specific form of magic except in fringe extremist cults like the dark elves' or maybe at the anvils of vaul or under orion's court

either way the power of faith in warhammer is a thing that's been subtly focused on most recently, but would require dividing into the deep lore to draw the conclusions of what's being implemented in the metaphysics of the setting
>>
Can't say I'm pleased that 9th edition is going back to squares.

Couldn't they just have used square movement trays?
>>
>>80446810
They aren't any different to the elves. A wizard, to them, is already playing with divine power. Because they don't draw a line down and say this is magic, this is divine. As far as they're concerned, those rare gifts are just more magic.
>>
>>80446935
Why? Squares is half the point of going back. It helps affirm what sort of game TOW is going to be. It sucks that you rebased on circles but that's a choice you made and now have to decide if you need to unmake.
>>
>>80447003

Because it means they learned nothing from 8th edition. If they're going back to enormous regiments of 40 men, nobody will play the game and then all the AoS shills will say Fantasy isn't workable.
>>
>>80446935
>Couldn't they just have used square movement trays?
what's the difference?
>>
>>80447031
No one said anything about unit sizes. And even if they go with large units again, they could find ways to make that actually fun this time around. Some people here do unironically play 8th anyway.
>>
>>80445883
I would love to try plaing that. Where is the community centered? From where do they get minis?
>>
>>80447150

Everywhere, and everyone.
There is a growing revival called Warmaster Revolution that is basically a compilation of the previous compendiums, given a bit of a spit polish and smoothing out the rougher edges. There are currently 23 approved armies with an active development committee, a good tournament scene and fantastic community support.
All of the rules are online, free and high quality. You can play with papercraft, you can buy armies (see Excellent Minis) or you can buy stls and print your own.
I bought a second hand Mars 2 Pro printer for £200, £30 of resin and £25 of spare parts after accidentally fucking my printer. The Green Skin stls were about £40 altogether.
I have since printed about £300 worth of models and have pretty much unlimited access to remakes, spares and growth. A new army is just an stl pack away and I am thinking of printing an antagonist army for running demo games.

It is fantastic. If you are serious about starting, look at the Facebook group for Warmaster Revolution and the Excellent Minis website.
>>
>>80446810
Any form of otherworldly power, be it magical or divine in nature, inherently draws from the Realm of Chaos. It's all tapping into the same pool, just coming out of different spigots and with different filters.
>>
>>80447031
What makes you think square bases inherently means bigger unit sizes?
>>
>>80447370
Probably the same reason they thought square bases meant 15mm scale.
>>
>>80447370
Not him but I think the logic is that square bases force models closer together, making units appear smaller. So a 20 man squad on squares looks tiny whereas the same models on circles looks like a big unit as they take up more space. Therefore in a square system people need to make higher model count units to make it feel more like an army.
>>
>>80447489
that's dumb, he's dumb
>>
Do you play some bizzare faction or theme? Like nippon, araby, cult of ulric?
Would you like to start one?
>>
>>80447866
Working on Border Princes army now
>>
>>80447879
What models do you even use for that? You are running them as dogs of war?
>>
>>80440229
Nobody worship the gods equally. Depending on your needs, where you are and what you're doing, you'll favorise a god over the others.
>>
>>80445102
Am i the only one thinking this piece of lore was weird ? I mean, normally living organisms tend to slumber when it's too cold, not when it's too hot.
>>
>>80447899
>What models do you even use for that?
Perry, Empire, Fireforge.
>You are running them as dogs of war?
Most likely will remain as pure Empire. Mounted crossbowmen as pistoliers, kind of silly, but I cannot find any other way
>>
>>80448077
Feels weird with them being essentially giant lizards, yeah. Maybe it's something to do with the fire-breathing thing.
>>
>>80448077
They are fictional, and it is a fantasy world. Perhaps dragons have some mystical connection with tAqshy, the wind of fire, that makes them more active when it's hotter. Or, more likely, the writers just didn't give a fuck and needed some throwaway excuse for why dragons cost a lot of points.
>>
>>80439933
Threadly reminder the endtimes is 100% canon and that TOW will just be the 8th edition garbage fire with light window dressings
>>
File: CmG9JqxWQAAZcDG.jpg (334 KB, 900x1200)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>80447866
My Brets are loosely sea-themed, but that's about it, otherwise they're standard knights.

Occasionally I've thought about using Dark Elves as sort of an Araby proxy. But I think ultimately I like the elves more than a vague "kinda Arabian Nights" theme.
>>
>>80448077
you know what happens when a warmblood finds himself in a hotter environment? it slows down its metabolism to not cook itself to death
>>
Which is the most /fa/ faction and why is it Bretonnia?
>>
>>80448289
>most /fa/ faction
>Bretonnia
Heard you talking shit.
>>
>>80448374
I would say vampire counts but thats mostly just more empire fashion.
>>
File: inq76etnnmt51.png (1.3 MB, 1693x1891)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
How would you fix Archaon?
>>
>>80448419
Remove him.
>>
File: Night_Goblins.jpg (429 KB, 1200x809)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>80447866

MonoGob master race
>>
>>80448429
make him secretly work with Malal
it makes sense, Archaon is mad at Sigmar and the gods for not helping him and he's mad at Chaos for enslaving him, not even letting him die
He'd be the perfect champion of malice working with Malal to destroy everyone
>>
>>80448419
Valten kills him.
>>
File: dreadlord.png (251 KB, 343x478)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>80448289
>>80448374
Guys, guys, have you seen what the Dark Elves can manage when they focus on more than spikes?

The Empire still unironically wins. Some paintjobs can be delicious, they have a shitton of art and lore to vary up their clothing and styles, and they have eight flavors of wizard instead of the usual one. They just win by sheer numbers of aesthetics they can mash in.
>>
File: _20210722_165427.jpg (173 KB, 2016x319)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>80445861

This is a weeks worth of prints
>>
File: _20210722_165410.jpg (172 KB, 2016x771)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>80448546
And this is the quality on default settings with zero experience in printing.
>>
File: 1537443915437.png (20 KB, 180x204)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>80448289
>/fa/
>not vampires counts
>>
>>80448419
Retell his story and surround him with charismatic people for him to lose and betray in a tragic epic instead of "rape baby so mad at gods he serves them".
They can retcon him to be a Templar during The Old World time and have his fall to chaos take place slowly in the background.
>>
File: 1625557385069.jpg (1.09 MB, 750x1041)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>80448289
The Tomb Kings have an extremely excellent aesthetic.
>>
File: karond kar.png (782 KB, 1024x473)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
>>80448542
Late thought, but sometimes it's amazing to go through the army books of factions you don't play and go "wow they look really good in the not-stereotypical colors. I had no idea they could look that good."
>>
File: qckpb.jpg (28 KB, 450x333)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>80448419
just don't have him talk

make him go mad from reading the book of nicodemo and the consequent crisis of faith and then turn into a practically silent madman

there's no need to try and rationalise every step of his road, chaos is supposed to be emotional rather than logical, if you want to make him sympathetic simply add moments of self doubt or frustration

everything else can stay, from looks and goals, but don't have him, or anyone else for that matter, fucking talk about how he's achtkually good because of a tragic backstory or because his ends and means are somehow justified

he's a man that went mad when finding out about his destiny and went on to fulfill it like any dumb fuck in a greek tragedy, except this time he does it intentionally because he's crazy, plain and simple
>>
>>80448787
what's non stereotypical about dark coloured dark elves?
>>
File: 1579237457276.jpg (2.87 MB, 2592x1944)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>80448892
If you don't play the faction you usually just think of the basic colors. High Elves are blue and white, Dark Elves are black and purple, and so on. If you can think of the Empire and automatically think of pic related instead of just Reikland colors, congratulations, you know the faction reall well.

Seriously just having that bright edge of green is so delicious. That octopus bro.
>>
File: 1622821852556.jpg (140 KB, 629x630)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
8th edition player looking to try out 6th edition here. How's this for a HoC army?

Total points: 1997 points.

Exalted Sorcerer: lvl 4, MoM, Daemonic Mount, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Death's Head, Enchanted Shield.

BSB: BSB, MoN,Gaze of the Gods

17x Chosen: Chosen, MoN, Halberds, Full Command.

5x Chosen Knights: Chosen, MoN, Full Command.

Chariot: MoN.

Chariot: MoN.

4x Minotaurs: MoN, light armour, additional hand weapons.

Spawn: MoN.

Spawn: MoN.
>>
>>80449065
Seems pretty good to me, but I play Tzeentch so I wouldn't know how a nurgle army would play. Knights are great, but are you going to have your general join their unit?
>>
File: 86914058_p1.jpg (2.52 MB, 3000x2000)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
Rats.
>>
>>80448419
Malekith would have made more sense than him, in that role, although it's not what I care for so I would just remove him or drastically change up the background. Him working with Malal also would fit, as other anon suggested.
>>80448787
You could also create your own coat of arm and colour schemes, maybe to represent noble houses or different outposts.
>>
File: Stoneshaper.jpg (22 KB, 220x282)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>80449587
I never really felt like I had a strong enough idea, either for a colorscheme or something I specifically wanted that wasn't represented by something already in the lore that appealed to me. Maybe a clan of dwarven stoneworkers and jewelers because I find that super comfy, but it's hard to make that something you bring to a wargame.
>>
File: file.png (3.35 MB, 1600x1200)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>80447866
I have an ongoing project for an Imperial Ogres army, replacing gnoblars with halflings, gorgers with ogre trackers, etc.
Zombie Pirates of the Vampire Coast could be a fun army, but I fear it would be too similar to playing Empire, my main army. Same goes for Pirates of Sartosa, which I could theme as the Imperial Navy. I might eventually end up buying teutogen guard and ulrican warrior priests to make a small section of Cult of Ulric.
A friend of mine is considering getting a Nippon army in the future, possibly.
>>
>>80449118
My thinking was to focus on hard hitting units in the hope that they will manage to break the enemy and force a route due to their fear.
And yes, I was planning on running the sorcerer in the unit of knights. Is that a bad idea? I'm not sure about if he would be better off with a Chaos Steed rather than the Daemonic Mount.
>>
>>80449065
I mean play as you wish, however nurgle is kinda shit, especially on smaller more elite units as you won't be able to auto-break things with fear.
I'd change the loadout on the sorcerer a bit, taking the enchanted shield is illegal, as sorcerers can't equip non magical shields as an option, I'd also remove the crown and possibly move him onto a barder horse instead, making him much more durable. An arcane familiar on the nurgle wiz is a good choice, so you wouldn't get stuck with stinker spells such as buboes and scabs, alternatively, go for the chaos demon sword, put him on a horse into the chosen knights for a nasty surprise. Also generally if you go with a lvl 4 wiz instead of a fighty lord, it's good to have at least 1 other lvl 2 wiz, just to really capitalize on magic. Taking a BSB with a Ld8 general isn't really good, as you'd want that Ld9 to really make use of the BSB's break rerolls. Minotaurs with adh aren't very good at S4 obviously, GWs are the best choice. In any case, you'd really need some doggos to protect your chosen from getting plinged down to shit, which can happen very quickly. Remove a chariot or a spawn and get some doggos.
>>
>>80447866
I play Nippon as Empire mainly due to liking pike and shotte, and wishing I go full Sengoku in Warhammer.
>>
>>80448978
But that guy is in Reikland colors.
>>
I need to shoehorn riddles in our WFRP campaign for reasons. What kind of NPC, monster or magical doodad would be better suited for posing riddles in the lore?
>>
>>80450187
Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated.
>nurgle is kinda shit, especially on smaller more elite units as you won't be able to auto-break things with fear.
I don't mind Nurgle being a bit lackluster considering I've reaped the benefits of the stronger version in 8th ed. That being said are you suggesting that I go for bigger blocks of units such as a beefed out Chosen block and a fat Marauder unit with either GWs or flails?
>I'd change the loadout on the sorcerer a bit
>taking the enchanted shield is illegal
Good catch! I'm so used to 8th ed. that I didn't consider that might be the case.
>remove the crown
Wouldn't that leave him awfully weak or is this yet again 8th ed. speaking where a 4+ ward/regen save is nigh mandatory for your general?
>move him onto a barder horse instead
>Arcane familiar
Seems like good ideas.
>alternatively, go for the chaos demon sword, put him on a horse into the chosen knights for a nasty surprise
That does sound hella' enticing!
>if you go with a lvl 4 wiz instead of a fighty lord, it's good to have at least 1 other lvl 2 wiz, just to really capitalize on magic
I'd much rather go with a fighty lord than the lvl 4 but would it be feasible to just have a lvl 2 sorc for magic?
>Minotaurs with adh aren't very good at S4 obviously, GWs are the best choice
Roger roger.
>you'd really need some doggos
I was deciding between doggies or Spawns and I ended up choosing the latter. I guess I picked wrong.
>>
>>80450529
Tzeentch daemon.
>>
File: 1624447038097.png (1.19 MB, 1139x645)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
How does this look?
Lords
Archmage lvl4 Life, dispell scroll 245

Heroes
Noble, BSB, shield, 97
Mage lvl 2 high, dispell scroll 145

Core
8 Silver helms, FC, shields 206
8 Silver helms, FC, shields 206
10 archers 100

Special
36 Phoenix guard, FC, BotWD 620

Rare
Bolt Thrower 70
Bolt Thrower 70
Bolt Thrower 70
Bolt Thrower 70
Great Eagle 50
Great Eagle 50

>>
>>80450112
It's not a bad idea, he just won't be able to use the Look Out Sir rules when he gets shot at. The extra wound nurgle gives him should make up for it.
>>
>>80450675
Unless I'm mistaken you can't have more than 2 of the same unit in Rare.
>>
>>80450681
Oh yeah, didn't think about that. Consider that and the input from >>80450187
I think that I'll just go with the regular horse if I even take a mounted sorcerer. If it's viable to go with just a lvl 2 then I thi k I'll make it a footslugger and put a Chaos Lord (on a horse) in the Knight unit.
>>
>>80448289
Nuln
>>
>>80450626
>should I take a big unit of chosen / marauders
First marauders can't take marks, which means you don't really have any good unit for MoN since everything else costs so much that you can't really have a good US or rank bonuses. Also for chosen, you shouldn't really go for bigger units, just go for units of 12, 6 wide or something similar and protect them with doggos, so they don't get shot. MoN is a bit problematic with 6th mortals in general since every unit has a high cost per model, and you'd want a bigger unit. The best unit in my opinion for MoN would be bestigors since they're fast and decently cheap.
>why remove crown
It depends on how you wanna play your lord, if you'd play em on a horse in the backlines they really don't need much protection since they got a 2+ from a barded horse and 4 wounds from nurgle. Those 50 pts can free up points for 2 disp scrolls/power stones, which you can take along with other arcane items.
>is it feasible to have a lvl 2 for magic
Yes, I know normally in 8th you'd just take a lvl 4 and be done with it. In 6th taking lvl 2's is normal, normally you don't take lvl 4 wizards as the fighty lord Ld is usually more important (there may be exceptions). Leadership is really important, since you can't just reroll every Ld test with a BSB, he only allows break rerolls. A lvl 2 wiz can do a lot of things, don't be scared of taking heros. Heroes in general are very important in 6th, usually you wanna fill ALL your hero slots as they can add a lot in combat or as a wiz.

Also a few more tips, beastmen beast units are a really good addition to any chaos army, and so are chaos furies for hunting down artillery and fast cav.
>>
File: 83502.png (1.16 MB, 1200x900)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>80449374
I don't want to be that guy but Hamtaro is not a rat !
>>
>>80450626
>>80450976
Also forgot to mention, marks should be used a bit more sparingly usually, since they're very expensive, especially nurgle on wizards. And taking a gore banner against panic checks (25 pts beast of chaos book) would be a good idea for a unit of chosen warriors and the warbanner for the knights, giving them an extra point of CR.
>>
>still have my old square based ironguts, tyrant, and butcher

I'll at least have a starting point
>>
File: EtvPSzeXcAUK3B2.jpg (318 KB, 1200x1200)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>80450976
>>80451043
Thanks for the notes. I'll definitely tailor my list to what you said. I've always had a fondness for Pestigors (still kinda miffed that I missed them when they where on last chance to buy) but I reckon this is as good a time as any to convert some up. How big should the unit be? Would 18 be enough or would I be better off going for 24? Or should I maybe go for the more thematic 21 (i.e 7x3)?
>>
>>80450797
High elves can have up to 4 Bolt thowers, or 8 in a grand army
>>
>>80451169
Yeah, I kinda want some pestigors too, at least just a few for wargors/beastlords with a bit of conversion. As for unit size, 18-24 is pretty good in my experiance, take however many feel right for the point size and ofc give em a gore banner cause their Ld is terrible, or put in a chaos lord with the hoof mutation from chronicles 2004. Also marauder horsemen are a real jewel, give em a try, with axes and flails since they're core you can take a few units.
>>
>>80449695
Thats not a hard to do concept
>all warriors with hammers
>hammerers
>grudge throwers
>crossbows or balistas turned into stone shooting arbalets
>all standards end with jeweled icon
>purple primary grey secondary
>>
>>80451300
Oh I see.
>>
>>80451459
If you think this is bullshit, consider that dwarfs had engineer guild list where they could take cannons and balistas AS CORE
>>
>>80446490
If it was one religion, Sigmarites and Ulricans wouldn't be at each others' throats.
>>
>>80451728
You mean like shhites and sunnites or catholics and protestants?
>>
>>80451728
Never seen a religion irl?
>>
>>80451786
Now tell shias that their religion is the same as the sunnis'.
>>
>>80451973
Oh and they at least worship the same god, unlike Ulricans and Sigmarites.
>>
>>80450675
The two dispel scrolls look pretty illegal. Otherwise seems like a pretty cookie cutter HE list for 8e.
>>
>>80452071
You can have as many of any scroll as you want in 6e. Might be different in 8e.
>>
>>80452100
Well then, no arguments here. When people don't mention what edition their list is for, I automatically assume 8e as the most recent edition.
>>
>>80451032
It's not called an abomination for nothing
>>
>3 vampire lords
>1 necromancer
>1 varghulf
>terrorgheist
>3 vargheists
>5 black knights
>10 grave guard
>10 ghouls
>50 skeletons
Is there any way to turn this into a workable list? Either 6th or 8th ed
>>
What about 5e and 7e make them so forgettable? I see supporters and arguments for every edition 3rd and up.
>>
>>80452323
I don't know much about 5th, but 7th is just 6th, with some factions being absolutely broken. It's just an unbalanced, powercreep'd 6th.
>>
>>80452301
For 8th, absolutely not, because only your skeleton unit is big enough.
For 6th, so-so, because vargheists aren't a thing, and not sure of terrorgheist either. Also, you'd probably want some more grave guard.
>>
>>80450079
>I have an ongoing project for an Imperial Ogres army, replacing gnoblars with halflings
This is a very nice idea, going really nicely along with the old lore
>>
>>80450529
Tzeentch daemon. Preserved wizard head. Maybe liche priest guarding a tomb. Maybe a bored dryad.
>>
Uggggh guys so anyway, for the longest time I was looking for warhammer siege (pic related) but couldn't find ot anywhere. Then I found a copy of it on some torrent site, simply titled Siege, it was a barebones pdf with text only... I'm still not quite sure how to play out a siege battle in the warhammer setting, but I'm pretty sure I know who's letting all the greenskins into reikland...
>>
>>80451032
Bit weird how Beastmen at least lorewise have flavors beyond just goats and cows, but Skaven are never any other kind of rodent.
>>
>>80453346
Because skaven are already a kind of beastmen

I had an idea for southlands beastman army. Probably never gona happen though
>>
>>80453311
is this your first time realising words have meanings and are used in different contexts?
>>
File: 060.png (80 KB, 500x475)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>80453311
>>
>>80451373
No miners?
>>
>>80453494
Miners too, I just forgot about them.
Possibly rangers and slayers too as these are not tied to a particular hold
>>
>>80451988
>>80451728

what makes ulric special
why do the middenlanders worship wolfs?
what is the spiritual or metaphysics behind Ulric
>>
>>80453636
He is just Tyr under different name.
>>
>>80453221
Thanks. Haven't got much else to really show yet, but have quite a lot of it planned already, including hot pot scraplaunchers.
>>
>>80453658
was tyr a warrior god
dont know much about norse myths
>>
>>80453695
I love the idea itself, I guess I am subjective because I started playing in the 5th edition, when Empire Armybook had Ogres, Halflings, and Dwarves.
I remember some "new" ogres painted in old "human" style and with Imperial accessories in one of 2000's White Dwarfs, because they spent all their times as mercenaries in the Empire, or smth like that.
I don't remember from where the information about ogre/halflings good relations came from, WFRP maybe? It was of course something about mutual love for food.
>>
>>80453702
Yes.
>>
>>80453825
ah ok
then what is sigmar supposed to be
>>
>>80453837
Jesus Thor, obviously
>>
>>80453346
Beastmen are more mutants with a common theme, Skaven a comparatively "stable" species.
>>
>>80446935
>going back
It never left them in the first place. AoS isn't Fantasy.
>>
>>80453837
Germanic Mohammed but an actual warrior and not a pedo
>>
>>80450188
Is their PnS list as anemic as the Ottoman one?
>>
>>80454017
The fuck is PnS?
>>
>>80454080
Pike and shotte
>>
File: IMG_20210722_144849824~2.jpg (391 KB, 1459x1966)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>80454080
Warmaster 28mm mod.
>>
>>80453837
There can be multiple gods of X in a pantheon.
>>80453825
Tyr is pretty interesting in a sense since he was apparently the big cahuna way back before Odin replaced him at the head of the pantheon. As a result of his diminished popularity we know fairly little about him. The most popular story involving him is that he alone amongst the gods was brave enough to stick his hand into the maw of the fenriswolf as a sort of hostage for the wolf to agree to be bound for a period. When the wolf realised that the gods had no intention of letting him go he bit off the hand leaving Tyr one-handed.
>>
File: Imperial dwarfs TAG.jpg (3.41 MB, 4032x3024)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>80453795
I play Warhammer Armies Project 9th edition, and there Empire army book has all three once again. Got pic related to use as my imperial dwarfs.
I can't recall where I read about the good relations between ogres and halflings, but I'm pretty sure the two were also created by the Old Ones at the same time, designed to complement each other, but left incomplete because the arrival of chaos.
Regardless, there is a minority population of ogres living in the Mootland, in addition to the mercenaries doing their thing accross the Empire.
>>
>>80451317
Aight, will build myself a unit of 24 so that I can pick and choose a suitable number for each match.
Thanks for the other tips. However, as I understand it you can't have a mortal character in a beastmen unit, which is a shame since it could use a character with some faster strikes to make sure that it gets its hits in.
>>
>>80448877
A silent madman does not make for a good military leader
>>
>>80454279
Now that's a neat modeling idea, bestigors (or pestigors in this case) from black orcs. Never would have thought about it.
>>
>>80454335
Indeed. Really glad I just found the image. Would be perfect for some of the pestigors I just rolled up who managed to get themselves Chaos Armour.
>>
>>80454167
Yes i know I’m Scandinavian.
>>
File: Karl-Chjaos-Archaon.jpg (115 KB, 988x1000)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>80454317
I disagree
>>
File: 20210723_002224.jpg (1.92 MB, 4096x2143)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
Luv me axe
Luv me runes
Luv me mountains
'Ate chaos
'Ate oathbreakers
Simple as
>>
>>80453702
>was tyr a warrior god
Almost all of them were
>>
>>80454669
Weren't 90% of northern mythology stories penned by a christian monk ?
>>
>>80454656
I reaaaly dig how your colors work.
It almost looks like from an ilustration.
>>
>>80454693
No idea about that, but most of Asgard's gods were more or less warriors waiting for Ragnarok to happen.
Thor did the whole blacksmith thing almost as a part-time job or hobby.
So a bit different set of preferred skills than Greek gods, for example.
>>
>>80454656
Have you shortened the AOS dwarfs to fit with the older sculpts, or is the perspective fucking with me? They seem so short comparted to when I compared my Skullpass dwarfs with them
>>
File: 1INT.png (457 KB, 499x501)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>80454764
>Have you shortened the AOS dwarfs
>the AOS dwarfs
Anon... Not him, but those are regular old slayers from whfb.
>>
>>80454764
Where the fuck do you see aos dwarfs ? There's a few 8th edition sculpts but no aos there
>>
File: The slightest slight.jpg (94 KB, 1080x887)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>80454764
>>
File: 91DHWyhOVEL (1).jpg (758 KB, 1400x1959)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
>>80454716
Thanks. I had the idea of painting everything in nmm thanks to a bd
>>
>>80454656
Glorious work brother
>>
>>80454826
8th ed longbeards are pretty much aos tier trash.
>>
>>80454820
The dudes in the back that are still sold under the AOS brand, I might be low int, but not that bad.
>>80454826
Well, fair enough, I didn't follow fantasy at all during 8ed.
>>
File: 1570865169394.jpg (100 KB, 921x640)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>80454881
>>
>>80454915
I swear to fuck stormcast were designed by the same dude that made these abominations
>>
>>80454881
They might not hold a candle to the glorious 6e metal longbeards, but they're still decent sculpts. They probably would look less "out of place" as a step-up from warriors if GW bothered to update the multipart dwarf warriors.
>>
>>80454951
I find them okayish. Even if they look a bit odd next to older editions dwarfs.
The old edition gyrocopter look like shit compared to the 8th one though
>>
>>80454988
I wish the 8e gyros were a bit less sleek and refined, some kind of a middle ground between the old and current we have.
>>
I like 8e dwarfs. Especially Belegar and the Ironbreakers.
>>
>>80454656
Them's purdy as fuck, mate. Beyond well done job there!
>>
>>80455154
Thanks. I want nothing but my best paintjob for each and every single of my dwarfs
>>
>>80454693
In the sense that the extant stories where written down by christians after the viking era? Yep.
>>
>>80454656

They all have such personality!
>>
>>80454988
>The old edition gyrocopter look like shit compared to the 8th one though
The old gyros have that perfect look of relatively flimsy constructions meant to scout an area or deliver messages between holds. That's way more thematic than the later floating metal bathtub. Granted, the latter does look way more like a machine of war.
>>
>>80455274
NTA but anything built by dwarfs should never look flimsy or ramshackle. Everything should be sturdy, reliably, and thoroughly tested and should convey that visually. Old gyros a shit.
>>
>>80454988
I've always felt the difference between the "new" longbeards and the older versions a bit jarring. I reckon it's mostly due to the difference in armour. While the latter are equipped akin to heavily armoured dark age anglo-saxons the former has the look of if that culture made it into the renaissance. That's quite a jarring leap technology-wise.
Another thing I dislike about the current models is that their heads seem much more proportionate than the old wonky ones. This combined with their pauldrons give them a quite different siluette which to me makes them look more human rather than being their own distinct species.
>>
>>80455344
I disagree. The old gyros only look flimsy in comparison to the heavily armoured current version. Comparing the two like that is quite disingenious imo since they clearly are going for two completely different themes. The former is a vessel made for scouting etc whereas the latter is clearly a vehicle of war meant to be able to shrug off some heavy punishment.
You might aswell compare a numidian horsemen with a cataphract.
>>
>>80454656
You are probably best painter in tg.
>>
>>80455749
I think you spelled 'definitely' wrong.
>>
>>80455549
Even if they were only built for the purpose of scouting/delivering messages, they should still look reliable and tough as fuck. Nothing else would be acceptable as a finished product to the dwarfs.
>>
File: cumsaurus.png (128 KB, 184x324)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>80455804
That's where you're wrong bucko.
>>
>>80455934
Cum on, mang.
>>
File: Gyrocopter_M01.jpg (28 KB, 754x244)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>80455829
Which they do. They're just not armoured.
>>
>>80453636
There's something in the RPG about the wolf bit coming from an older god whose worship Ulric subsumed into his sphere as god of winter.
>>
>>80456142
They look like they're made out of solero sticks and paper mache.
>>
>>80456232
also leads into the next question
why worship a god of winter but thiers no god of spring or summer or fall
>>
>>80456251
You should probably get your eyes checked if that's what you see.
>>
>>80456307
Uh, Taal and Rhya?
>>
>>80454656
I thought the dwarf resting his chin on his axe was a statue when you posted it on /wip/. Still surprised he's that small. Great work.
>>
>>80455934
I'm amazed people actually saved that photo of my elf on bath.
>>
>>80454988
Gyrobomber minus bombs is kino.
>>
>>80456394
o
ok

me dumb goober

sorry i dont have much smarts my lord im a peasent
>>
File: 1583086718143.png (68 KB, 461x250)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>80456470
>im a peasent
Clearly not, if you forgot about the two most important gods from a peasant perspective
You said you came from the north, did you not?
>>
>>80456628
No sir, i am from underground, yes.
>>
>>80448419
>STEP 1. Identify what's wrong with him in the first place.
>STEP 2. Remove/Replace these elements.
>STEP 3. ???
>STEP 4. Profit.
>>
>>80454906
>I might be low int, but not that bad.
>>
>>80456681
can I pet you ms rat
>>
>>80456916
Fetch warp tokens.
>>
>>80452301
Not a fantastic list for 6ed, but your troops there (Skellies, Guard, Ghoul and Knights) can fill between 715pts to 1220pts depending on how they're equipped.

Your Lords and Necromancer (I'm assuming none of them are mounted) can be stretched between 510pts and 919pts.

If your friends are okay with some 'Count As' stuff, you could use your Varghulf as a Strigoi character, and your Terrogheist as either a Character mounted on a Zombie Dragon or maybe as a Black Coach if they don't mind getting a little creative with the interpretation.

So, if you ABSOLUTELY MUST make a list that doesn't use count-as, you can make an alright list for about 1000pts, could push it a little to get a 1500pt list and you'd get destroyed if you made it a 2000pt list and played against anyone who wasn't similarly hamstrung.

Your biggest hassle is your lack of extra skellies and zombies to summon in play, however.
>>
>>80440741
>no I meant in real life
Well in real life pantheons are just a thing used to help group mythologies by time/location for the sake of education. In real life, these distinctions aren't quite so clear. Don't forget that between the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians the amount of cross-over and intersection for their gods is insane. They may have had their own names for them, but they recognized them as the same god. We just divide them into pantheons for our own ease.

In comparison, it would be like saying that Tzeentch, The Changer of Ways, The Raven God and Tchar all belong to separate Pantheons. This is technically true, even though they're all the same god and we lump them together for ease.
>>
>>80445938
>A Solkanite Witch Hunter
>And their pet Necromancer

Like, I don't want to tell him he's bad at his job, but my dude.
>>
>>80456916
>>80457245
Ah, yes, the newest and most insidious skaven plan. Petting brothels. Skaven dressing up in drag and fluffing their fur so humans can pet them in exchange for 'safe disposal' of warpstone that they're totally destroying, definitely. And nobody calls them on it because they're sure nobody would be this stupid and it's clearly some sort of dual effort between the ambers, the jades, the brights and the whites.
>>
I know its in their name but do the Chaos Dwarves actually worship any of the chaos gods or is it like a Skaven thing where they worship something thats vaguely chaos adjacent?
>>
>>80457935
All praise Hashut, the Father of Darkness!
>>
>>80457935
It's a daemon.
>>
>>80457287
>>80452301

If your opponent is comfortable with a bit of Count-As, you could go for a nice thematic list;

>Lords
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon with Talon of Death; 675pts
(Count As; Terrogheist)

>Core
25 Skellies with Shield, Spear and Full Command; 300pts

25 Skellies with Shield, Spear and Full Command; 300pts

5 Ghouls with Ghast; 50pts

5 Ghouls with Ghast; 50pts

10 Dire Wolves; 100pts
(Count As; 3 Vargheists)

>Special
5 Black Guard with Barding; 125pts

10 Grave Guard with Halberds, Shields and Screaming Banner; 190pts

>Rare
Black Coach; 200pts
(Count as: Varghulf)

A 1990pt army list with a heavy 'Vampiric Beasts' theme using Count-As models. Won't win any tournaments, but should be fun to play with friends. It's very much a 'Oh Fuck, is that a Zombie Dragon?' delivery system.
>>
>>80457935
Hashut. It's unclear if he's specifically a Chaos (arch)daemon, or something else entirely. The Chaos Dwarfs certainly truck in demonology and are certainly chaos affiliated, but there's a lot of questions regarding what Hashut actually is.

Fan headcanon often bounces between 'He's a dark ancestor dwarf god not spoken about by dwarfs' and 'it's the genus loci of a volcano'.
>>
>>80457431
wait
didnt the people back then knew thier were so meny connections
>>
>>80457495
vile and disqusting
some one should get the witch hunters
how can anyone say the skaven dont exsit
>>80457245
no I wont
>>
>>80458219
They generally did. They knew that Pluto was Hades etc etc. They just used their own name for them, the same way people use their own name for countries rather than what countries call themselves.
>>
>>80458219
Lots of gods were flat out adopted. Epona was taken from the g*rms.
>>
>>80458251
? that makes sense and dosent make sense. why did the common person in those times know too was it only scholars and theologions of the time
>>80458270
true but theirs difference from gods of ancient Assyria and rome
>>
>>80458270
Makes sense when you think about it. Once you've accepted that Gods are real and have an active presence in your world, are you really gonna meet someone who says 'Oh yeah, I pray to the Great Scarab of the Sky that makes sure the sun rises every morning' and go 'Nah, that sounds like bullshit.'?

No. You'd say 'Wait a tick, that sounds like Apollo on his mighty chariot - holy crap, we're both worshiping the same dude by different names', and if they're worshiping gods you don't know? Well you better take some fucking notes, son.
>>
I want to buy bretonnian knights.
>>
>>80458443
Then buy Bretonnian Knights.
>>
File: 1455551132467.jpg (336 KB, 500x473)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>80458443
No, you want to buy third party "Bretonnian" knights.
>>
>>80458596
No, you want to buy fourth party meta-aware 'Brettonian' knights.
>>
>>80458529
Where?
>>
>>80458719
Recasters, 2nd hand retailers, ebay, amazon, google is your friend.
>>
>>80458786
>amazon
Search bretonnian knights on amazon and show me what you get.
>>
>>80458812
Books about Bretonnian Knights.

Look, if you need your hand held to find miniatures during the Golden Age of 3d printing when you have the internet, you deserve to be treated like a child.
>>
This might be a dumb question, but should terrain be made in a certain scale? I want to make the black pyramid of nagash but I don't know how tall it should be. 10 inches?
>>
>>80458685
No, you want to buy fifth-party dug up from medieval France "Breton" knights.
>>
>>80458930
>Look, if you need your hand held to find miniatures during the Golden Age of 3d printing when you have the internet, you deserve to be treated like a child.

The fact that you're getting THIS butthurt over a question that simplistic goes to show how mentally retarded you are, I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>80458930
>>80458786
>>80458529
hurr durr "just google it broh" kek i hated fags like you never understanding why people ask the question in the first place
>>
>>80457287
>>80458128
Thanks, this is really useful. Still new to Fantasy, so I'm not quite capable of actually recognizing what's worth anything
>>
>>80458719
yoyhammer, reddit
>>
>>80459153
>Never understanding why people ask the question in the first place

Dumbass, 'I want to buy bretonnian knights.' is not a question. It's a statement. Did you fail Middle School?
>>
>>80459263
lol someone is lacking reading comprehension, the anon literally asked 'where?'. too bad youre literally too dumb even realize.
>>
>>80459168
>Still new to Fantasy, so I'm not quite capable of actually recognizing what's worth anything

Don't stress too much about it. The most important thing is having a group to play with that you feel comfortable losing to. Seriously - when you can, get out there and play a few games expecting to lose. Go in with the mindset that everything you field is going to be crushed to fucking pieces, and then pay attention to what happens.

See what works for you, what you wish you had more of, what you don't need and then go from there. Unless you're doing it 110% for the character of the army, very few people get into the hobby with an army list and just leave it at that. You'll play, you'll learn and the army will change to reflect that.

If you're worried about getting miniatures that you might end up not liking, I recommend using Papercraft - with a printer and a bit of time you can just print out pictures of minis, cut them out and fold them onto stands. Use those with a group that's comfortable with it until you get a feel for them, then go from there.

What drew you to Vampire Counts in the first place?
>>
>>80459153
Don't bother with the retard, if he is useless on the internet, he is useless in real life.
>>
>>80459287
>I want to buy Knights.
>Then buy knights.
>Where?

If you want to know where to buy shit, then ask in the first place. If you have to have the question drawn out of you, you should be using google. Either be like >>80452301 and have the common sense to just say what you need help with or fuck off. The world can do with having less people who pissfart around waiting for someone to prod them into action.
>>
File: 1462480757259.jpg (68 KB, 576x324)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>80459153
>says to google it but also provides a number of potential options to look for including specific sites

What more do you want, the specific eBay listing with badly painted, abused secondhand Bretonnian knights going for a billion dollars?
>>
>>80459319
im not even the one asking holy fuck can you read? i just really hate dumb clowns like yourself that think theyre big brain just because they say nigger shit like

>dUde JuSt GoOglE iT
>>
>>80459351
Can you read?

The guy finally asked, and was given an answer. Then you cunts start shitting the thread up because you don't like the answer. Go break your back sucking your own dick, we're trying to talk Warhammer in here.
>>
>>80459358
i clearly can and you clearly cant. go to bed you dumb retard we dont need you sperging out like a toddler
>>
>>80459326
>>dUde JuSt GoOglE iT

kill yourself you useless retard
>>
>>80458190
Hashut being a Dwarf Ancestor is definitely headcanon territory, but IIRC the idea of it being a Volcano God-thing actually has some evidence to back it up. Pretty sure I saw an Anon post that deepdive on here a while back.

>>80458128
>Spending 1/3rd of your points on a single model.
You have the spirit of a fucking conquerer, shine on you crazy diamond.

>>80459373
>i clearly can
>In a WFG thread bitching about the answer to a question, rather than providing a better answer or actually staying on topic and discussing Warhammer.

Sure you can, chief. Go back to pissing about the new religious oligarchy in Kislev.
>>
>>80459405
wah wah wah retard toddler cant prove his point. keep being useless bud im sure it feels so good.
>>
>>80459326
I'm genuinely impressed that Bretonnians go for so much, when aesthetically they're insanely similar to a fucking MOUNTAIN of historical ranges that you can get for so, so much cheaper.

>>80459422
>Keep being useless
>Offered locations to go to buy the minis asked, and prodded the guy to ask the question in the first place
>Unlike you, busy sucking your own cock and bitching rather than talking about Warhammer or offering better advice.

Don't forget to fondle the balls, champ.
>>
>>80459447
>Offered locations to go to buy the minis asked
>amazon
yeah sick advice bud might as well tell the anon to go buy them at the fucking grocery store.

youre not only useless, but retarded as well. how do u live
>>
>>80459459
Do you think that someone who needs to be told where to buy minis has the army book?
>>
>>80459459
Seriously, be real with me here. Are you - the same guy bitching that 'hurr durr, even though it was a statement they were clearly asking a question, learn some comprehension dude' - seriously of the mind that someone who needed to ask on a Mongolian Sheepfarmer image board where to buy miniatures already has the army book?
>>
>>80459466
>ayo bro where can i get some knight miniatures
>dude they might have some at mcdonalds

youre so helpful wowo
>>
>>80459494
Wait, are YOU the guy looking for minis? What are you even still doing here. Go to Ebay. Go to Reddit. Go onto Facebook in your local Buy/Swap/Sell. Go to fucking Craigslist. Go to anywhere people buy and sell shit online. How dense do you need to be to not even guess that shit?

What possible information did you think you would find here? The location of a secret treasure trove of GW minis that are hidden from the world?
>>
File: 1471979625701.jpg (572 KB, 750x779)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>80459447
That's the hard part about Warhammer. Sure a lot of it is very, very strongly historically based, but it did manage to create its own aesthetic. If you look for 14th century infantry, you get something far different from the raggedy Men-at-Arms. You'll never find the barrel helms with gaudy tournament decorations. And sure there are more fantastical knockoffs, but they're still avoiding copyright so they won't be quite right.

Not everyone will care, but for me everything that's a straight "historical version" of Bretonnia or the Empire just feels watered down. If I wanted real history I'd go for historicals, but I want Bretonnia and I'm settling for them.
>>
>>80459506
i was never asking lmao learn to read. im shitting on that retard that told the other anon to "dude just google it" whilst he proceeded to give amazon as a suggestion. embarrassing really.
>>
>>80459516
I think the best direction is to mix and match. Get a bunch of historicals and then get us much cheap Bretonnian bitz that you can get your hands on and go to town. Should get you close enough.

>>80459517
>I was never asking
Dunno man, you're being awfully defensive and acting like the answer wasn't exactly what the guy needed. Doubly so since if you're not him then the dude never complained about the free advice.
>>
>>80459587
i just really hate retards that tell other people to just google shit when that never helps.
>>
>>80459605
>when that never helps.
but it does

are you genuinely that dumb?
>>
>>80459605
Once I was a retard who begged for info and was told to google shit
I'm now slightly less retarded and own some very nice recasts that some Russian gentlemen provided at a reasonable price
With a little less bitterness and a bit of effort you too can be like me
>>
File: 3464587.jpg (1.04 MB, 4032x3024)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>80459626
are you that dumb? do you see bretonnian knights all over google that look like this? dont be retarded now
>>
>>80459587
Finding bits might be easier and cheaper. Despite my best efforts at the last store I could regularly visit, they only had a few odd WFB parts floating in their bits box compared to a wealth of 40k. A few Empire arms and heads, a high elf bow and a few feathers, some poor dwarf tied to a pole, a broken archer.

They had a few second-hand armies for sale which I regret not snatching up to this day. Just slap them down and convince someone to play a few friendly games.

But the saddest part was the Warhammer Fantasy Battle rulebook unceremoniously shoved in the corner, hidden by bins. Like a metaphor.
>>
>>80459663
What are you even saying? Yes that is how a google image search works. You google Bretonnian Knights and get pictures of them.
>>
>>80459682
>deflecting the point made

yeah of course hes gonna go full retard
>>
File: 20210723_064125.jpg (90 KB, 1017x422)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>80459663
yes?
have you tried googling better?
>>
File: 20210723_064413.jpg (523 KB, 1080x861)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>80459713
it's literally right under those >>80459663
too, how can you find googling useless you dumb fuck?
>>
File: 1415346643580.jpg (50 KB, 589x415)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>80459746
Peasant polearms give me a boner. Sure halberds are cool, but the mix of bills, glaives, fauchard-forks...so ramshackle, but sexy. Like the raggedy swimsuit edition of medieval europe's forgotten polearms you find under a stack of popularized polearms: everything's just a fucking spear or an axe, main characters use swords.
>>
>>80459690
Jesus Adam, go shit somewhere else for a change.

>>80459664
Oof, that's rough buddy. I'm lucky the local WFB scene is still pretty active.
>>
>>80459663
Wait - are you assuming that the guy who said 'I want Bretonnian Knights' actually meant;
>Hey guys, where can I buy classic wfb Bretonnian Knight miniatures already constructed and painted to a tournament standard?

Because nigga, you are REACHING if you got all that from 'I want Knights'.
>>
>>80439933
Are there any novels center around the Tomb Kings?
>>
>>80460082
Hmm...the Rise of Nagash novels deals with a lot of Nehekharran society stuff in the early books. And there's a series about Neferata, but I think that's it. You'd have to google to find out for sure.
>>
>>80456251
To be fair, a flying machine is going to have to be light. Wood and canvas makes sense because even thinly beaten metal is going to be a lot heavier. What we've managed in the modern age with helicopters is near miraculous.

I wonder if they should have made it look less like a helicopter and more like one of da Vinci's flying machines. We all know how a helicopter works, but a fantastical craft would take off that "realistic" edge and make whatever design feel more acceptable.
>>
Victor Saltzpyre.
>>
>>80460287
I'd have loved to have seen a plastic Gyrocopter kit, with enough bits and modularity to make your own design of Gyro. It's a dream that would never happen, but I've always felt that of all the Dwarfish invention, the 'copters should have had the most individuality and uniqueness to them, rather than being all identical.
>>
Question for /wfrp/ers out there;
What do you think a young vampire (no specific bloodline assigned yet) with only middling magical talents should do with the Doomstone of Earth?
>>
>>80460317
What, like each one is an engineer's personal craft, kind of heirlooms like steam tanks that can't be replicated and this remain unique from hold to hold, or each hold just has different theories on what works best and comes up with different designs?
>>
>>80460408
A bit of both. But, IIRC -
>like each one is an engineer's personal craft, kind of heirlooms like steam tanks that can't be replicated and this remain unique from hold to hold -
I think that is exactly the case.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>80460408
Like, you see this guy?
I fucking HATE this model.

BUT - if they had made this an option with a gyrocopter kit, and a design that was more in line with the WFB Dwarf aesthetic, fuck me I would have gone nuts for a crazy Dwarf Engineer floating into battle with his ass tied to a mini dirigible, hurling abuse at those goblins as he slowly realizes the crosswind has shifted and he's about to smash into those goddamn trees.
>>
Anyone know where I put my left over Black Orc bits?
>>80458251
>>80458281
That's likely a bit of an oversimplification AFAIK. While it wasn't exactly uncommon to equate your own god with that of a foreign one it wasn't a necessity to do so. It does however make sense to take that route.
>>80458296
Not all understandings of gods was considered real by the various believers. Some where likely just considered superstition by others. IIRC the romans from time to time disallowed egyptian priesthoods within the city of Rome for this reason.
>>
>>80460478
>Anyone know where I put my left over Black Orc bits?

The jumper you wore last week, you put it in your left pocket when you needed to run out to the shops.
>>
>>80460512
What sort of daft cunt wear jumpers in this heat?
>>
>>80460541
The daft cunt that loses his Black Orc bits. That shit is GOLD, JERRY.
>>
>>80445165
For some reason I figured Stormvermin were around 6ft but hunched over a bit.
>>
>>80460892
>Stormvermin are around 6ft.

At there absolute tallest, they are. Puts them about on par with human at average.
>>
>>80460559
I might be a dingus but I am not a sweaty one.
>>
>>80458719
Norba for example
>>
Made thread
>>80461653
>>80461653
>>80461653
>>
>>80458128
>Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon with Talon of Death; 675pts
>Talon of Death
>Giving a guy on a Zombie Dragon, with the largest base footprint, a magic item which does an automatic S5 hit to anyone in base contact.

You are a cheeky cunt.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.