[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: E6z6xC4VIAMkdOY.jpg (208 KB, 1200x675)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
The first session of the game
https://youtu.be/2970h417AzI

>What is this
This is a Hunter: the Vigil campaign hosted by Hololive English, a World of Darkness homebrew mixing elements of older and newer iterations. Most of the tutorials feature them working out the mechanics of the campaign, with the hard-set rules coming in their first full session together.

>Why should I watch it
All of them are professional entertainers of some capacity and Mori(she's the storyteller) is actually competent enough

>Previous sessions
Character creation involving everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyOZkyIosc
Kiara's character intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hB5QuSYBKw
Ina's Character intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwW-g6P3zI
Amelia's Character intro
https://youtu.be/CLvdLn_S4uA
Gura's Character intro
https://youtu.be/_MiGxbsKyO8

Mori recap and Q&A Stream
https://youtu.be/hxvoFyeC-Do
>>
Watoto is a hero who will betray everyone. The nexus crawler found a good agent for the wyrm.
>>
File: tg_mori.png (1.17 MB, 1289x750)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Moririn~ Kawaiiope~
my oshi
>>
The nexus crawler seemed to have a lot of fun burning the hedge to the ground
>>
>>80439299
I feel like Ame's the kind of player who could somehow manage to make even the Wyrm's ultimate betrayal still somehow blow up the badguys worse than the party, and then be like "watoto owed you one favor" and just peace out on an insane universal force of destruction.
>>
>>80439245
Mortals enter the Hedge all the time, you don't get turned into a Changeling for that. You get turned into a Changeling by been captured by a Fae and then being abused by them in some unique and horrific way. Shit like this.

>One evening, for novelty and want of an earring, they tore you out of your life and sat a doll of straw and pennies in your place. They put your eyes in a crystal jewelry box, filled the holes in your skull with silver pearls and stardust, and left you buried in the sand like a forgotten toy.
>Then, when the nacre crept out of your eyes and covered your skin, they dug you up and hung you alongside a long golden teardrop that blinked slowly and lay still. Your eyes haven’t seen your own face since.

>For petulance, you were stolen because you somewhat resembled a man who once attended a wild menagerie of sparkling beasts. He stretched and molded your face until you looked more like the one who got away, and in time you answered to what might have been that man’s name.
>But as he often reminded you, you couldn’t hope to be as talented as your predecessor until you really became him. If you don’t start remembering soon, he’ll reclaim this name you haven’t earned. In a wooded glen on the edge of his estate, a dozen iron statues with half-familiar faces stare back.
>>
>>80439299
>>80439338

I had to leave the computer for a few minutes and missed the bit of the stream where Watoto actually set the fire, did Ame or Mori specifcally invoke the power of the Wyrm to aid them or is it just something we're inferring ourselves from a regular fire destroying a magical hedge?
>>
>>80439397
bitch got 5 successes
>>
Newbie to WoD here, sorry if these are stupid questions.
What are the implications of burning down a part of the Hedge? Are they gonna be on some Fae's shitlist now?
Also, was there a specific being that was doing the hunting in the junkyard? IE is there some lore I can read about, like there was for The Hook?
>>
>>80439397
I assume that Mori saw the idea, thought it was cool and ran with it. And with 5 successes, it better do something helpful.
>>
>>80439397
mori said that watoto was able to burn down the hedge despite the rules of the universe preventing that any other time andd because he was "so powerful" it's possible this was just a le epic 3 success roll meme and her struggling for vocabulary, but wyrm being responsible is the more fun implication.
>>
>>80439397
Mori said something like "Watoto is so powerful that you perform an action that bends reality" after she got like 5 successes, I'm pretty sure that it's implied that it happened thanks to the Wyrm
>>
>>80439397
>>80439426
>>80439438
5 successes, 2 of which were 10s rerolling into 10s
>>
>>80439299
i have a feeling that Nexxus Plexus Sexxus is going to end up a name Character Benefactor....
>>
>>80439435
they were on shitlist before due to Yuul and her prof dabbling in disecting fae
junkyard is likely just mori playing too much re8 off stream and going with rule of cool
>>
>>80439480
>junkyard is likely just mori playing too much re8 off stream and going with rule of cool
my first thoughts was that VtmB mission where you chase a dude into a junkyard and have to search for him while getting cars thrown at you
>>
>>80439480
>due to Yuul and her prof dabbling in disecting fae
Oh fuck, that's what they were up to? Did Calli reveal that in the recap or were there clues and I just missed by not knowing stuff?
>>
>>80439435
The thing is, it's the merging of a few stories here. The Wyrm would probably love to see the Hedge and Arcadia burned to the ground. And it's likely word will get out if they keep doing that.
>>
I'm surprised Yuul still hasn't even tried contacting the professor. Doesn't she have a lot to talk about with her?
Also how does healing work in this game? Yuul supposedly changed the lethal damage into bashing at the start, but isn't she still nearly dead?
>>
>your oshi
>your favorite character from this campaign
>>
>>80439480
They were disecting Fetches, not fey. Sticks and leaves. Very special Sticks and Leaves.
>>
>>80439522
Kids going to the forest, and getting turned into copies made out of sticks and leafs, with The Hook showing up, does not leave many other options.
>>
>>80439547
>>80439546
>>
>>80439547
Kiara
Tiara
>>
>>80439522
The only thing Calli revealed in the recap was that a) Yuul was going to meet Oopsie and b) The Hook chase was supposed to happen in the school
>>
>>80439435
>What are the implications of burning down a part of the Hedge?
Likely nothing seiours. It might have some effects but that's really on Calli to figure out.

>Are they gonna be on some Fae's shitlist now?
Probably, but that doesn't look like to be anything new.

>Also, was there a specific being that was doing the hunting in the junkyard?
It's very likely to be the Arcadian Huntsman, albeit in a more modern Mask. He's usually involved in Wild Hunts, which are Fae hunting parties out to capture escaped Changelings and such. So it's hard to say as of right now why he's hunting the group. Possible something to do with the fetch bits from the preludes, which might mean Yuul's prof is actually a Changeling.
>>
>>80439547
>Ina
>Scout
>>
>>80439522
The sticks and leaves Yuul was transporting.
>>
>>80439547
>Calli
>Scout

>>80439555
>>80439565
Is the Hook like a Fae punisher or something like that? As in, punishing the people who get in their blacklist?

And the sticks and leaves thing did make me think it was some sort of fey or magic turning people to wood or something like that, but I didn't think it implied fey disection.
>>
>>80439547
What the fuck's an oshi? I liked Watoto and Tiara though.
>>
>>80439547
>Ina
>Vic
>>
>>80439607
>What the fuck's an oshi?
Who you support above all others, it's idol loyalty shit
>>
>>80439607
fa/tg/uy your reps...
>>
>>80439607
oshi is idolspeak for "your favorite out of the group". sorry, people from /jp/ and /vt/ are very used to their lingo
>>
>>80439547
Suisei
Scout
>>
File: watoto-by_tfqr-c2b1eac.jpg (108 KB, 850x892)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>80439547
Oshi?
>Fubuki, but if i have to pic one of these.....
>fuck, i want to say Gura, but Mori is starting to eat my soul....
Character
>Intro: Scout
>In-Game: WATOTO!!!
also
>Watotaco
>Watoto Roads
>Watoto feeds birb the Wyrm, injures hand
>>
>>80439602
Hook is the personification of slasherfic killer, think jason, freddy, that guy with rubber mask hiding eyes who kills on halloween
>>
>>80439607
Just means your preferred vtuber to watch.
>>
>>80439643
>that guy with rubber mask hiding eyes who kills on halloween
That's our boi Michael Myers
But I see, alright that makes sense, thanks!
>>
File: file.png (83 KB, 496x460)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>80439602
The Hook's MO is supposed to be targeting immorality, i.e. sex and debauchery
>>
>>80439602
Nah, the Hook is just a nasty god of primordial fear that leaves Faerie only rarely. Any time fear and lust are plentiful, the Hook comes out to feed and show the world why they need to be afraid of what's in the dark. The sticks and leaves are almost certainly because of a Fetch, which is what the Fae leave behind when they kidnap humans. Fetches take the place of the humans they steal and live their lives for them.
>>
>>80439547
>Amelia
>Scout
I need more Scout art in my life
>>
>>80439602
The Hook is essentially a True Fae that really liked the idea of serial murderers. The Hook is essentially every 1980s slasher movie madman who kills off debaucherous people in gory fashion, while other times just doing something terrible to someone random to make the news. It's implied that Ina was targeted because she happened to be at a frat party that night, but perhaps also because of the fetch material that was in the truck she was driving. Mainly the frat party.
>>
>>80439636
a bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>80439547
Kiara
Between Watato and Tiara right now.
>>
>>80439671
I WANT TO LICK SCOUTS LEGS AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS
>>
>>80439686
the Hook'll fuck you up
>>
>>80439659
Hook showed up because frat party
>>
>>80439547
>Kiara
>Vic
>>
>>80439659
>>80439669
>>80439678
I can't believe it that they literally gave it a lore reason as to why the people having sex and etc get killed off first in slasher flicks, and why the virgin is the final girl. Bravo.
Alright, this explains a lot about it! Really cool idea. Damn, I'm definitely importing this one into my future game.

>The sticks and leaves are almost certainly because of a Fetch, which is what the Fae leave behind when they kidnap humans. Fetches take the place of the humans they steal and live their lives for them.
Another awesome concept, I'm gonna go read more on these, thanks! That's what was making me confused too.
>>
>>80439299
>Watoto is a hero who will betray everyone.
Hero? They will fight Beasts?
>>
>>80439547
Oshi is the farthest thing from a cross-board term. Don't use it outside of /vt/ or /jp/
>>
File: file.png (99 KB, 495x504)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>80439733
Hurting "pure" people is *really* bad for the Hook
>>
>>80439733
I mean, the Hook is an IRL urban legend. All True Fae are based on stories. Like most things in WoD, the stories people tell each other about why they should fear the unknown are true.
>>
>>80439765
It should be noted that virginity has nothing to do with morality in this context though. So it's only really a thing if you want to do some puns
>>
>virginity has nothing to do with morality
Damn Swedes.
>>
>>80439769
>the stories people tell each other about why they should fear the unknown are true
I've always been a sucker for this kind of stuff. But I must say, I just kept remembering man door hand hook car door when Calli first described him, and I fucking lost it.

>>80439765
>>80439787
>virginity has nothing to do with morality
There go my jokes about Yuul. But now I can't help but think this could have been really interesting if Yuul had morality that high.
>>
File: 20210713_001957.jpg (297 KB, 1683x2048)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>80439547
Aloe
Scout
>>
>>80439813
Basically makes her immune to it, so most of the drama from her session would have been nonexistent. It would have hit her once and then fled to Arcadia.
>>
How do I get over the feeling that I'm listening to fat, annoying weeaboos using poorly rigged 3D models so they don't have to show themselves and enjoy this stuff?
>>
Please keep vtuber shit to your autistic containment board.
>>
>>80439844
Because their identities are all open secrets. But we aren't gonna be That Guys over here. Go find that on your own.
>>
>>80439844
You spend 2 minutes and Google what they look like?
>>
>>80439844
I mean you could google search their real names and faces since every member of EN has been exposed already. Also the models are very 2d.
>>
>>80439733
Cause and effect are reversed here. The Hook kills drunken teenager idiots because that is the archetypical slasher story and The Hook lives that story.
>>
>>80439844
If your not having fun then don't force yourself to watch anon. A lot of people like the distance between them and real people, in the same way someone might voice a character. Also the girls identities aren't hard to find online and I don't believe any of them are fat, though I don't know about Ina, she is a loteral who so I never bothered to find out what she looks like.
>>
>>80439844
>>80439636
>>
>>80439829
My Neoggier
>>
Why does it feel like anytime Calli is not playing another character she is faking her enthusiasm? Is that always the way she sounds or does she hate herself or something?
>>
>>80439813
>jokes about Yuul
>Drives over an innocent person without a second thought just because her uni teacher tells her to keep janitor away from their science project.
Ma' girl have some serious morale relativism skills.
>>
>>80439898
You're just reading into things too hard.
>>
>>80439898
>F I V E P E R C E N T
No I'm joking though. She's a great girl and I'm going to make her my wofe!
>>
>>80439906
Pretty nice tits
Face isn't bad either
>>
>>80439898
Mori is autistic.
>>
>>80439844
Okay, you see that schizo retard a few posts above you? Fuckers like them will surely let you know. They're obsessed, actually mentally ill people.
>>
Btw, is there a name for Scout's carnivorous mine or was that something original/could've been a number of things?

>>80439842
I mean, if she didn't know, Ina would probably run like hell, and either escape or get caught, shanked once, and then live. But still, yes, it wouldn't have been as climatic I guess.

>>80439875
Ooh I see. The True Fae really work in a interesting way, I love that.

>>80439917
I would have joked about Yuul getting some action, but... yeah, that. I lost my shit.
>>
>>80439813
What hurt Yuul was she struck back. It's possible the Hook would have thought twice about stabbing her outright. while she also ran over someone, it was at the behest of someone else and she was uneasy about it. Is that high enough morality? Maybe not. But she wouldn't have gotten that messed up if she tried something different
>>
What did you pick? http://poal.me/gv96pf
>>
File: Loli Gura PPP.png (251 KB, 480x1764)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>80440004
The Carnivore Mine is likely a unique
it may be a creation of a nephandus (Mage) or the Wyrm (not likley) but it's not uncommon in newWoD to have unique shit that matches no previous thing.

like this.
>>
>>80439877
I personally think most vtuber fans are even more wrapped up in the parasocial shit than regular twitch/youtuber watchers. There's something wildly depressing about it.
>>
>>80440011
Damn, she a fine giraffe!
>>
>>80440117
That's false. You have no idea what's going on with twitch and onlyfans
>>
>>80440011
Got any pics of gura or calli?
>>
>>80440117
hilariously enough, some vtubers are legit mentally ill and have developed some weird co-dependency with their fanbases. Basically what happens when affection-starved people get sudden and massive adoration from lots of people.
>>
>>80440004
>>80440112
Didn't an anon pull up that it was a high level spirit?
>>
File: 1624958587175.jpg (2.42 MB, 1987x3449)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
Thank you, Mods!
here, have a scout!
>>
>>80440190
damn, so a mental illness feedback loop?
>>
>>80440190

I mean some of these women are supremely starving for male attention and were even before they became vtubers. There's tons of stories of vtubers who say they have no friends outside their agency or that they never leave the house. Even if they didn't have careers that discouraged them from doing things with men in general, Japan has really fucked up gender relations and lots of socially isolated people. It's more sad than anything.
>>
File: this crazy fucker.png (1.54 MB, 772x1228)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>80440205
That was conjecture.
This is the internet age. we can say anything we want but can we prove it?

let me show you some stats that prove a thing that was said in the past.
>>
>>80440117
You clearly haven't seen Twitch shit. They somehow manage to be significantly worse than vtubers when it comes to enabling parasocial relationships.
>>
>>80440190
you don't even need to be mentally ill for that to happen, mental illness just makes you handle it worse.
that said the avatars and the kayfabe probably help the streamers to keep a healthier distance more often than not.
>>
>>80439906
>>80440011
Much better than I expected to be honest, I'd easily fuck both.
>>
>>80440169
calli posts pictures of herself on her other twitter as recently as this month.
>>
>>80440112
There's so much good horror fluff in WoD lore, I'm kinda ashamed I'm only now getting to it. I've been an /x/fag for long but it takes striking gold there to find stuff like this.

Yeah for some reason I don't think Calli would attribute two things to the Wyrm right away, unless that's what she had in mind. Still, it's fun to get original stuff if it's the case.

>>80440220
Please anon, you can't keep getting away with this. Scout makes me weak.

>>80440205
>>80440239
Damn, okay I can see why this thing could be related. Holy shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>80440117
Meh, I actually found Gura from /stock market general/ on /biz/. I stopped watching since most of them are honestly kind of boring. It can be dangerous, but also kinda fun. I sorta just realized only a couple streams were actually enjoyable, but I never got into twitch either.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised, I only ever watched Gura and the VOMs girls, but Watson and Gura made surprisingly fun characters.

>>80440169
I've seen two pics of Gura. She's either a chubby Midwesterner White girl or a kinda cute alt girl.
>>
>>80440264
That's because she doesn't need to be scared of stalkers since I'm her husband and will protect her. The rest of them don't have that though, try to be considerate anon. 2rkts
>>
>>80440297
What are you talking about? I married Kiara just the other day. In fact, we are having sex right now.
>>
File: file.png (96 KB, 465x504)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>80440004
>>80440112
>>80440205
Spirits align very neatly to how the mine worked. I think it's fairly likely
>>
>>80440221
Depends on the vtuber in question, I personally only watch JP and Gura so I cant speak for the other ENs, but vtubing generally attracts lonely and socially incapable individuals.
Hololive has a lot of those.
>>
>>80440376
Hololive isn't called Yagoos house of broken girls as a joke. Polkas member streams are quite something
>>
File: 1625851084614.jpg (259 KB, 1326x1326)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
Seeing the first session, I have to say that all four of them are genuinely good players. I wish my tables were like them.

Also, god forbids you dumbfucks just talk about the campaign and not derail with off-topic bullshit
>>
>>80440190
>>80440232
Well this is just a larger societal trend. In the 90s they did a survey on friendship and the number of adults with no friends was statistically insignificant. Now that figure is 30%. Part of it is work. As an adult you trade school for work and that's sort of the "i'm forced to socialize with these people place." Nowadays with job hopping and all the PC crap at work it's not surprising.

Supposedly a lot of them were total poorfags too. I've heard one of the JP girls was a dishwasher prior to becoming a vtuber and one of the male Holos was supposedly homeless.
>>
>>80440412
Polka at least is very self-aware.
>>
I still want to know what's Dr Oopsies deal, especially since Calli said Ina was supposed to "uncover" some ploy in her tutorial, but got rekt before she could manage.
>>
>>80440554
Whatever her plan is/was, it involved the fae at least. That much we can surmise.
>>
>>80440464
> Supposedly a lot of them were total poorfags
Kanatan literally used to eat grass
>>
>>80440582
and since the fae seem to be popping up, I wonder how relevant it might be to the main plot
>>
>>80440554
Mythton is a hellmouth, and Dr. Oopsie is a prominent member of the fae faction.
>>
>>80440621
Kanata's mom was really neglectful, to the point Kanata doesn't even call her mom, just calls her by her first name.
Also know that Watame's dad left when she was young, and she was raised by her grandma for most of her life.
>>
>>80440651
Would be nice that at the end of faerie arc one of them foreshadowed to others that one of them is tainted by reality devouring entity. At least that's how I imagine Mori going about this campaign.
>>
>>80440673
I've mostly only seen clips of the JP girls, was Watame the one whose dad said he didn't even want her?
>>
>>80440673
>>80440686
Jesus, that's horrible. Poor things.
>>
File: 1600780367336.png (1.33 MB, 1280x720)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>80440686
>was Watame the one whose dad said he didn't even want her?
yeah
>>
>>80440673
>>80440686
Are you guys going to talk about the campaign or what? If not, leave.
>>
>>80440701
>>80440693
Hololive is predominantly Yahoo's house for neglected children.
>>
>>80440701
He's not supposed to be here for you!
He's supposed to be here for Jeffrey!
>>
File: location-spirit.png (290 KB, 638x871)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>80440205
It was hypothesized to be a location-spirit from the Book of Spirits. Obviously Mori could have pulled it out of her ass but it fits pretty well.
>>
I think this is what Gura was thinking of when she got so focused on the mirror https://youtu.be/bGRnlClQYNY sorry for the dumb video, but the source is TikTok so it's a dumb video to start with.
>>
>>80440785
Is that from Geist? If so, then chances are she got it from there.
>>
>>80440785
Huh. How do do you kill a location spirit? Sufficient high explosives? Exorcism?
>>
>>80440811
The Book of Spirits is a "bluebook" which isn't attached to any of the splats and is generic, so its possible she's seen it be used in her GtSE chronicle.
>>
>>80440807
Those damn white women, that's how Candyman starts!
>>
>>80440332
>>80440785
>>80440829
newWoD has plenty of "supernatural locations"
>>
>>80440829
The Book of Spirits was in her collection a few years ago when she posted it all to Demondice's old patreon discord.
>>
>>80440908
Name some
>>
>>80440825
Depends on the spirit, but for some just not sacrificing anyone/thing to it is enough to starve it. Alternatively that would just enrage it.
>>
>>80440943
>doing nothing will either fix the problem or make it worse
spirits are hard.
>>
>>80440943
From reading about that Pool, it seems that if you don’t feed it it will feed itself.
So I guess you need some magic/supernatural fuckery to deal with it?
>>
>>80440920
the wishing pond in the main book.
that weird crawlspace the Demons use but so can everyone who finds it.
...okay, now my brain needs to think....
you got me.
>>
>>80439636
>>80439906
>>80440011
>[Deleted]
>>
>>80441004
If you can keep people away it'll eventually die. After 20 months of being unfed it'll be a mundane pool. Of course it'll be extremely dangerous the first few months it's actively trying to get prey.
>>
>>80440961
Spirits are part of the world after all. Most of the time exploiting the Ban is the easiest way even for Mages or Werewolves, or doing things that starve it - if a spirit feeds on violence, you chase out the gangs in the neighborhood and try to create a culture of resolving disputes peacefully. Trying to deal with many of them head-on is like trying to punch pollution.
Alternatively you could sic a stronger Spirit on it but that might end up making an abomination as well.
>>
From what I'm understanding, Mori's realm is short men and piss?
>>
>>80441155
I'm pretty sure she's mentioned a few things other than short dudes. if I remember right she's basically into dwarves.
>>
>>80441155
She wants to princess carry and manhandle her man and smother him in her big tits. No I'm not joking.
I wish I were 5'5 so I could be in her strike zone
>>
>>80441176
>>80441188
So she'd be into Watoto if he had more body hair then?
>>
Wtf tallchads!? Shortbros are laughing at us!!!
>>
>>80441227
that's just because of all the heavy gasses they inhale.
>>
>>80441155
Also cockroaches
>>
>>80441227
>>80441264
>They're closer to Mori's braps too
>>
>>80441227
It really hurts. It hurts extra because I’m just on the higher end of average (177) so I don’t get the perks of being tall but am still tall enough to not be in her strike zone.
>>
>>80441155
Blacks, Asians, and short men primarily.

So you're best bet is to be a half-black/Japanese manlet. And they got more black scottish cyclopses than the likes of that.
>>
>>80440785
>Obviously Mori could have pulled it out of her ass but it fits pretty well.
Why are you still doubting her? WoD is her favorite series.
>>
>>80440686
>Watame the one whose dad said he didn't even want her?
Yes
https://youtu.be/zaAS3xYGOkU
>>
>>80441377
she seems both willing and happy to dig into the lore, and too busy to make something from scratch for it to be completely out of her ass. unless there is a strong reason for this whole campaign to go back to beltbuckle because that mine was responsible for it all it just doesn't seem worth the effort.
>>
Mori fucks niggers? No dignity!
>>
I love Yuul
>>
>>80441360
>>80441428
Finally. My time to shine.
>>
What is your guess on who is the Fae hunting the girls down at the Hedge?
>>
>>80441444
see >>80439582 for mine
>>
>>80441377
I don't consider pulling it out of her ass to be a bad thing though, I do it ocassionally. Keep track of things like damage dealt but be very flexible on HP and make up thematic abilities on the fly based on what the players decide to do. if they seem to treat it like it's a climatic encounter, I buff HP and give them more chances and hints to pull something spectacular off, if they don't seem too taken with it I end it faster. The players never have to know that the actual stat block is being written as the encounter goes on.
>>
Are jannies deleting all the links and pics of the actual girls? Are the jannies also simps?
>>
>>80441563
Yes, and yes. You can just Google it though they aren't hard to find.
>>
>>80441500
Yeah, because Mori described them as a sniper, I assume it's a Fae who immitates how a modern human game-hunter kills prey?
>>
>>80441563
Because it is doxxing performers that have a stake in remaining anonymous, even if it might be purely out of the conventions of the company and industry they're employed by. Or, would you really want people to post images of a masked wrestler without his mask? Does that not strike you as disrespectful?
>>
>>80441657
Yeah but masked wrestling is a respectable trade ewhoring is not.
>>
>>80441415
Does she have plans to return to the players’ plot lines? Or are the plot lines getting sideline? In her recap stream, she did say they were derailed immensely.
>>
>>80441657
Actually the bigger thing is that it's definitely off-topic, even more than talking about their stream schedules or poorfag backgrounds in a thread about the game.
>>
>>80441682
If you are blind to the similarities between the two professions, you are willfully blind to your own soul. You are beyond help.
>>
>>80441738
Yeah, your probably right. Oh well.
>>
>>80441721
We're getting something about the fae now. We're probably getting another plot line unexpectedly brought up if they ever get to the mansion.
>>
>>80441721
I expect the players' plotlines to be relevant to the future of the campaign, but I'd be surprised if she intended to literally go back and retread the events of their intros. more likely the fey shit going on this session might tie into yuul's professor's stuff and why the hook was there, the vampire ball may involve tiara's assaulters, etc. unless the players decide to there's no reason to go back to what happened before as opposed to new events and missions driving the plot.
>>
>>80441775
I don't think the players will decide, on purpose, to ignore what they did. I feel the girls will just follow along whatever current they swim in, they are still inexperienced and I don't see them having that amount of foresight.
>>
>>80441775
Maybe the mansion is going to be the site of a fight between the Malks and the Setites.
>>
>>80441815
I'm not saying they'd ignore it, but it's a question of, for example if kiara wanted to go back to the bird shop or the vampire house in the light of day and/or with backup. it's something they could do, but I doubt calli would put it out as something to be done unless they really wanted it. there was an exchange early on about tiara going back to her old apartment or something if she wanted early in the session. I doubt calli has plans for belt buckle or watotown specifically to be relevant locations again. Mythton U maybe, just because she loaded it with hunter grade shit in her unlimited bait works attempt at Ina, but even then maybe it all turns out to be 90% bullshit
>>
>>80441897
I was actually awed at Ina’s finesse with dodging the hooks. I think I would have died trying to bite all of them.
>>
>>80441775
Mori is quite surprise with the reception of the ttrpg in general both with the public and with the other girls, so i guess she is waiting to see if every girl is onboard in the long term to start making personal quest, beside she purposefully make the starting enemies quite high level so they need be stronger to start fighting a vampire cult, wyrm agent with your soul in a contract or famous mad scientist that can attract the attention of a true fae. fortunately, the system of quest that mori put in place could let her put personal quest with rumors or personal message without interrupting the story.
>>
>>80439547
>HAACHAMA CHAMA
>Watoto
>>
>>80441657
>Because it is doxxing performers
>Public accounts and images is doxxing now
Ah I see. You're one of those mentally ill children that don't know they definition of the word "doxxing", a retarded kid who's scared of knowing that his anime girls from YouTube are real woman playing a character and gets mad when people presents truths and facts of how they really look like.
And by the way the mod is not deleting the irl images of your ecelebs because is "doxxing". It's mostly what this anon said >>80441737
>>
>>80441993
She avoided biting Mori's hooks so she got hooked by the Hook.
>>
File: 1601784056983.png (520 KB, 543x720)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>80439547
I only watch Pikamee
>>
>>80442514
Bless this kettle
>>
File: marina_pearl.jpg (281 KB, 1424x800)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>80442479
>>80441993
>the tako got cooked because she couldn't stay off the hook.
>>
We actually gonna talk about the campaign or...
>>
>>80442703
Scout is a fucking psychotic and God thats hot.
>>
>>80442703
Sure, what do you want to talk about?
>>
>>80442703
Of course not.
Vtube shit is all about simping and posting epic maymays.
>>
>>80442703
I feel like Mori stopping halfway was a terrible choice. I understand that the others had other things to do, but she could had at least, found a proper safe house or something.
>>
>>80440117
>lemme just project like crazy
>>
I want Mori to put mages in her campaign as rare side characters. I want to see some Acanthus shit that really drives home how fundamentally on a different level the hunters are, because I think they don't really get it yet, they still probably think its a question of getting bigger guns and loot instead of making connections and finding stuff out.
>>
>>80442823
>I want to see some Acanthus shit
same
>>
>>80442823
example?
>>
>>80441400
Fuck, I feel pretty bad. Glad she turned out alright.
>>
>>80442898
Dude who wants to use them as part of their own scheme just stalking them everywhere, always shows up no matter how little of a trail they try to leave. Rattles off to them exactly what they had for breakfast that morning, their whole shoddy excuse of a plan, and why it's going to fail. Calls their burner phones literally as soon as they replace them. Just ingests all of Watoto's poisons and mushrooms with no effect to flex on him.
A lot of 'subtle' creepy stuff can be pulled off by a wet-behind-the-ears Apprentice Acanthus who's looking for his or her own pet group of muscle.
>>
>>80442801
People have schedules and while it sucks for us the audience, consider that we may get more streams out of it. Campaigns tend to get longer the more the players are invested, so 6 streams may turn to 10.
>>
>>80442723
Why is tiaraXwatoto the ship? Do the other girls even have a chance to get with the shroom or did Kiara stake a claim before the watoto stocks rose?
>>
>>80443120
You think the frat hunters are coming back? I feel like they would be a cool foil to the sorority mages and you could explore that dynamic.
>>
>anon is concerned about Gura and Ame being murderhobos
>first thing group does collectively is murder a hobo
>>
>>80441524
You have to keep that hidden though, most players hate fluctuating stats and the implication that failure and success don't actually count on the dice.
>>
>>80443138
Kiara probably did it to be proactive so the rest of the sessions aren't bogged down by "ew Watoto is stinky lets waste time with a bunch of contested rolls to keep him away from my character" like how the initial van shotgun thing went. If Tiara is always paired off with Watoto on things, there's less time wasted on arguing who goes with who and more time spent on the actual adventure. It's a time efficiency thing. On the other hand, it's hard to say if their skills synergize nicely or not.
>>
>>80439750
Kill yourself normie.

>>80439547
>Ina
>Scout
>>
>>80443151
Almost definitely. I think reintroducing previously established allied factions is always good to do because it gives the ST justification to bring in much bigger threats that would otherwise be downright unfair for the PCs alone to handle, and gives them characters to be attached to and swear vengeance for when they inevitably get killed by something.
>>
>>80443340
I wanted those frat hunters to get redshirted so bad. They have so much potential to just be jobbers to a big threat
>>
>>80443151
Would be an absolute waste to not have the Brohood left in the closet without use. My prediction is that Chad shows up at the bar and when the girls prompt him about what happened, he explains that everyone got wiped out. Including Greg.
inb4 Ina/Yuul completely forget about Greg so the moment just fizzles out
>>
File: nNaaaa.png (508 KB, 800x800)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>80439856
>containment board
>>
>>80443340
I've got a feeling they wouldn't be too kind to a cancer cell to be honest.
>>
>>80442432
If you post rey mysterio without his mask I will hate you for the rest of my life.
>>
Will the hobo be forgotten?
>>
>>80443493
Well, technically the people at the bar are the ones with the whole peaceful-coexistence thing; the newly formed group would seem still malleable to persuasion since they haven't actually really done anything yet.
Also, even if they're literally on different sides, it doesn't mean they'll go after them. Pentacle Mages and Seers can often maintain uneasy truces, especially when outright war would see massive collateral damage and breaking of the Veil, and Sabbat and Camarilla can similarly cross faction lines.
Knowing someone, even tangentially, also tends to muddy these kinds of boundaries as well - "yeah fucking destroy the followers of the Lie, but not this one, she's cool". I think you can't pull this as much with the Pure versus Forsaken though, because of the overwhelming fanaticism on the Pure side. But other splats are made of backstabbing bastards.
>>
>>80443160
that was mostly gura. Ame was going for peaceful negotiation but Scout is an idiot and dum shark's hunter instincts kicked in.
>>
>>80439255
5%beats... your oshi...

...is actually a pretty good GM holy shit
>>
>>80443653
The people at the bar are the cancer cell
>>
>>80443260
I for one expect watoto stonks to climb with tiara getting in on the ground floor. Will she sell when he's worth the most? Who can say...
>>
>>80443381
Either that or Greg is the only one left, but he wears Chad's shades and snapback in order to carry his legacy.
>>
>>80443673
she browses here so she's at least passionate enough to get involved with autists.
>>
>>80443733
https://youtu.be/OR4N5OhcY9s?t=122
>>
File: 1623033959671.jpg (32 KB, 350x526)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>80439255
Reminder that these whores only want your money
>>
>>80443937
>stream is free
>90% of streams are free
>the ones that arent become free usually 2 weeks later
>There is zero obligation at any point to spend even a dime on any hololive content
>its all about the money
shit man you got it figured out
>>
File: 1626880470700.png (2.1 MB, 1000x1778)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>80439547
>Oshi
She's gone to the great Dragon kingdom in the sky, but my favorite EN girl is Ame
>your favorite character from this campaign
Scout was my favorite in the tutorial session, but Watoto was great this session.
>>
>>80443588
If they forget about them, it'd be great if calli would bring him back in by having him sick the cops on them or some local hobos on them next time they're in the area.
>>
Prior to the session, I would not have expected the PC ship to be TiaraxWatoto. Was expecting baiting ScoutxWatoto or YuulxWatotot, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how fun Ojou-sama x literal crazy person is turning out to be.
>>
>>80443588
The next session isn't for a week, possibly 2 if anything happens. Unless Mori made a note about him, he's gone.
>>
>>80444028
>Gets turned into a ghoul by some neonate vampire because he's a sitting duck and won't be missed
>Life is good, now he has a roof over his head
>Works hard to rebuild his life, gets human minions to lead in exchange for being beholden to a bloodsucker
>Months later, sees these idiots making enemies of his master
>Turns out they're the ones who stole his shopping cart and tied him up
>Gets fired up, makes it his singular purpose to hunt them down
>Gets pissed off when they don't remember him
>>
>>80443937
Oh shit, really? All this time I thought Amelia Watson secretly wanted to bang me irl, but you're saying she was actually just a professional entertainer this whole time? She doesn't even know who I am? Holy fuck anon, thanks for saving me from these duplicitous harlots, I don't know where I'd be without you.
Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm glad the Mystery Mushroom Machine is safe. That van is primo fanart material.
>>
>>80439628
Keep your faggotry to your board
>>
>>80440112
Ah, the Vore Loli strikes again!

>>80440134
>Damn, she a fine giraffe!
I thought she was a chicken...
>>
So assuming they don't just straight up die in there, where will they come out from after leaving the hedge? Exactly where they entered it?
>>
>>80443381
>>80443361
>>80443692

I think that the Brohood are here to stay.

1)Mori said in her recap stream she's always been tickled pink by the idea of a cryptid-hunting frat and she was determined to get them into the campaign

2)Chad himself is the model character that Mori designed to guide the rest of the party through the creation process in Session 0, so there's a bit of DMPC there too.

Chadwick Chadlington, of the New Hampshire Chadlingtons, will never leave a bro hanging.
>>
>>80445058
Also, they're set up as the perfect antagonists right now too.
>>
File: E39-B_SWUAoHHSA.jpg (132 KB, 1200x782)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>80445137

Why would they be adversaries? They're allied, surely. The Brohood are hunters too, Chad saved Yuul from the threatening sorority scout (who let's not forget nearly glassed Yuul to get her to join) attended her roommate's keg-stand, so Yuul is a Bro (female)
>>
>>80445199
Hunter's aren't allied by default, and this is especially the case at lower tiers. Cells and Compacts can be at each others throats all the time. For example, Ashwood Abbey flat out thinks the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood is as bad as what they hunt. They're both Hunter Compacts but they are not allies. Even at the Conspiracy level they tend to all butt heads, they just don't often try and kill each other. Right now the girls are 100% in a cancer cell, the whole "neutral ground for the supernatural in this shitty little bar" is a big red flag that they don't exactly have mortals best intentions in mind. They've got resources well beyond their apparent means, political pull that most supernatural factions struggle with, formal invitations to an Elsyium, and an ex-Prince in their Cell. That's super fishy. Like, it's "Oh, these dudes are definitely trying to use us for something fucked" level of fishy. Potentially those things could be explained away somehow, but stuff like Vic being in a Hunter Cell that is apparently buddy-buddy with the Kindred still is weird. Now, I don't think Calli is actually going to do anything with that. It is, however, incredibly suspect. If it wasn't a sillier light-hearted campaign these dudes woud
>>
>>80439547
>oshi
No clue
>character
Scout hands down
>>
>>80445303
Oshi means "one and only" and refers to your favorite talent within a specific agency (or your most favorite of all if you're an even bigger weirdo).
>>
>>80444554
>When
Could be a second, could be a year, could be a decade
>Where
Could be where they entered, could be where they're going, could be on the other side of the continent
>>
>>80439474
well that's kinda xus don't you think?
>>
>>80445465
Oshi literally means "Someone I support", it's only here that that people use it like one and only waifu
>>
>Mori: You remember vampires are weak to nanobots! The gov't has been putting them in people's cereal...
>Ame: yeah...
>Mori: Anyway yaddayaddayadda

holy shit is Ame bad at improv. She's cute streaming but can't stand her as a player. What do you do with players like this? She's almost reluctant.
>>
>>80445750
That's odd, since I first read the term on JP youtube over a year ago in the context of the person's most favorite holowhore.
>>
>>80445889
3/5 of the girls are extreme introverts.

Its a small miracle Gura ended up an amazing roleplayer.
>>
>>80445889
I think Ame didn't took that oportunity to act like loon because it was a failed roll, could be cool roleplay material but a waste of time. Possible backdraw of having to put up a show.
>>
>>80445889
Ame has played a grand total of 2 sessions.
>>
Personally really impressed by Tiara's roleplay, the warming up was a bit fast but it would probably have dragged the session down if it would have taken longer.
Also the only one that remembered going out of character to clarify something is possible.
>>
>>80439547
>Mel (Subaru and Baqua can come too)
>Scout or Watoto, reserving judgement
>>
>>80439547
I mean, it makes sense, but really surprised to see so much /hlgg/ culture here.
>>
>>80439930
>wofe
apocalypse or forsaken?
>>
>>80446340
Once upon a time /tg/ used to be a board that was better at topics that normally would belong on other boards, like /v/ or /a/ or whatever.
>>
>>80445889
Considering her "everyday watoto tell father he make half what he actually make" long game (for a new player) in session 1, I think that she might be willing to let it slow burn. Don't be surprised if she starts advising someone on nanobots in a later session.
>>
File: TG2.jpg (602 KB, 1500x1004)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>80446384
I remember.
I miss it.
I'm still fucking mad at mods for forcing thew whole quest thread exodus. We lost a lot of creative people with that move, and never quite recovered.
>>
>>80442432
Post your facebook account then bitchboy, it's public information after all
>>
I am ignorant to the workings of this campaign as I only recently discovered it. I keep seeing random names floating around, do they all have one character? are there other characters?
>>
>>80440220
>Freckles

p..please.
>>
>>80446566
They all play 1 character each and there are a bunch of named NPCs from the prologues
>>
>>80439898
She does hate herself but that has nothing to do with the game, her character or her job at hololive. It's just the way the person behind the avatar is.
>>
So learning about this Hook villain makes me want to run a game centered around him.
Is he in the base Changeling: The Lost book, or is it an expansion book?
>>
>>80447336
He's in the 1e CtL book Night Horrors: Grim Fears. If you plan to use him in a 2e chronicles he'd need some tweaking though.
>>
>>80447364
What kind of tweaks we talking? I’ll be honest, I’ve only run one CoD game and played in one other, so I’m not overly familiar with the system.
>>
>>80447389
You'd need to swap out his Contracts for 2e Contracts, you'd want to make sure you update his Defence and Armour to 2e rules too. His merits might need updating too. That might be it though.
>>
>>80439255
Anyone know why they switched from Foundry to Roll20?
>>
>>80439547
Kiara
Scout, but Watoto is getting better, which is the biggest surprise ever
>>
>>80439844
literally google hololiveEN real faces and you can see all of them. They're cute girls with mental problems.
>>
>>80445260
>big red flag that they don't exactly have mortals best intentions in mind
"Neutral ground", diplomacy, investigation of egregious crimes and concealement of supernatural sounds just like the Ascending Ones' MO to me. Even Lucifuge approaches non-demonic supernatural creatures with a similar "live, monitor and let live" attitude.
>>
File: 1621722627185.jpg (1.22 MB, 1300x1200)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
The first session went much better then expected in order of surprising good things
>Yuul was way less of a wet blanket non entity as her solo session
>Kiara showed a lot of restraint in the group dynamic and really really stuck to roleplaying and avoiding meta game, seriously proud of her
>Watoto some how became the group leader and was less lol randumb
>Mori did a good job juggling a lot of NPCs even if she really changed Doctor Nice's character
Now for the bad stuff
>Gura's roleplaying of scout was much worse, sorta seemed dedicated to just drifting around rather then advancing the story
>Too many vampires already
Thats about it. I would almost think Mori was a more professional DM, and the other girls had played Hunter before if not for the weird hiccups every so often.
>>
>>80447690
Oh right forgot in the positives
>Out of no where SS between Tiara and Watoto
>>
I hope they do GURPS next.
>>
>>80447690
>>Too many vampires already
Okay, wolfbro.
>>
>>80447828
>You don't like having a bunch of vampires
>You must want a bunch of werewolves
How about a fucking mummy, or a changeling. Or even if you want to do vampires why not meet with the ghoul agent of vampires. Vampires are just so expected.
>>
>>80447774
Watoto is a midget, not a shota.
>>
>>80443588
100%
>>
>>80445199
I can guarentee you that a hunter cell that advocates for co-existence with monsters would not be on good terms with most other hunter cells.
>>
File: 1600899294948.png (315 KB, 842x720)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
There's been some pretty good fanart from this session. I look forward to the stuff we'll see later.
>>
>>80439547
Ame
Scout
>>
>>80439547
Lulu
Scout
>>
>>80448392
I think "co-existence" is a common approach on higher levels, you must've read a different book. Loyalists of Thule, Null Mysteries, Ascending Ones and Lucifuge are all very comfortable not hunting monsters to extinction, just studying them and maybe protecting innocents.
>>
File: file.png (195 KB, 572x736)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>
>>80448454

Where do people upload hololive fanart? What sort of tags does it come under? I tried searching for "#holomyth" and got barely any references at all on Twitter.
>>
>>80449795
#mythbreakers has quite a bit
>>
File: tags.png (1.46 MB, 1326x716)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>80449795
>>
>>80449961
>No #MYTHRAPE
>>
>>80450110
that's next session
>>
>>80448745
Meanwhile, most of the real fucked up conspiracies are all about monsters as a resource, so they wouldn't want them to go away.
>>
>>80450133
>next session
>forgetting about the vamps near rape of tiara
>forgetting about the frat party
>forgetting about scout's interactions with Dr. Nice
>forgetting about tiara pressuring watoto for /ss/
Mori just cant control herself.
>>
>>80449795
Besides >>80449961 each member has their own art tag on Twitter that tends to have Mythbreaker fanart slipped into the mix.
>>
>>80439255
Thank you for remembering the link the sessions.

Have a bit of Christmas in July.
>>
>>80446426
A lot of the creative types moved on before the creation of /qst/.
>>
>>80439547
I only watched the first video so far so no opinion yet.
>>
File: 1626945923653.jpg (1.75 MB, 4096x1928)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
My uninteresting thoughts on yesterday's stream:

>Tiara
Started off pretty bitchy, not sure if it was going to be a likeable character. But improved a heck of a lot near the end. Kiara does well trying to move the story along. Uhu seems a little bit OP and I wonder if Mori clicked onto that near the end.

>Watoto
A really solid redemption for what is considered the worst out of the tutorial sessions. Is clearly going to be a fun comic relief character with the potential for some interesting interactions. Ame is doing a good job and made some good contributions.

>Scout
Gura's RP started off really strong at the start, but seemed to fade about halfway through. Still managed to move the story forward a lot, with plenty of meaningful contribution. Has the potential for some strong RP as long as Gura can keep her energy levels up and not fall asleep.

>Yuul
Not really feeling it just yet. Yuul's personality appears to be similar to Ina's herself. But I know we can get some interesting stuff from Yuul in future sessions. Also had a very big contribution near the end, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>80453057
the day before this stream gura was talking about how she'd been up for like 36 hours and her sleeping schedule was notably garbage. I think her personal energy levels are going to be the biggest hurdle to scout's delivery.
>>
File: hololive.png (679 KB, 1876x1832)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>80440726
At this point I am semi-convinced Yagoo hits up orphanages, hospitals and homeless shelters for talent.
>>
>>80453411
And people thought Yagoo being Best Girl was a meme...
>>
Remind me again what's the deal with the Wyrm? And does it have anything to do with Watoto burning reality away or something?
>>
>>80455170
Cosmic force of destruction, alongside the cosmic force of progress/ creation the weaver, and fucking chaos the wyld. It was driven mad because the weaver is a bitch, so its avatar has become an embodiment of corruption and evil shit that wants to make the world a festering shit pit, and that avatar also has several avatars and so on

The actual wyrm is trapped, while its avatar masquerades as it. that's what contacted Watoto, and it ain't no joke. Wyrm corruption is basically and may just be radiation. It is every captain planet villain rolled up into a seething mass of fuckery.

Actual Wyrm a good boy, who did nothing wrong, but got fucked cause the weaver went mad cause "NO MY CREATIONS! HOW DARE YOU PERPUTATE THE COSMIC CYCLE OF DESTRUCTION AND RENEWL REEEEEEEEEE"

Seriously fuck the weaver
>>
>>80455505
Also, I just remember one of the end states for Apoc, in the big fucking end of days books they released for all time is "World ends, Weaver and Wyrm make amends and begin a new creation hand and hand"
Which means all of WoD is caused by a primordial lover's spat
>>
>>80453411
>Yagoo being the Best Boy isn't a meme, it's fucking deadass real

I...

Fuck man.
>>
>>80447886
Vampires are the most classic thing for a group of fledgling hunters to go after, especially for a group that's totally out of their depth when it comes to WoD and TTRPGs as a whole.

I mean, not everyone can start with a Slasher from the 2008 supplement, you understand
>>
>>80455882
Wouldn't that be easier? Vampires don't require as much research to take on but I also thought slashers weren't that dangerous.
>>
>>80455882
>I mean, not everyone can start with a Slasher from the 2008 supplement, you understand
No please explain
>>
>>80455965
>>80455972

Slasher monsters in WoD have a whole catalog of Monster Types that exist in two brackets. Essentially you have Tier 1, which are serial killers with an "edge", and then Tier 2 is a truly supernatural fucking juggernaut.

They have classifications, which are pretty simple. You've got the Avenger, Brute, Charmer, Freak and Genius. Then, on Tier 2, you get Legend, Mask, Psycho, Mutant and Mastermind.

A good way to tell the difference between the ranks is thinking about the Avenger and a Legend. An Avenger is like, the guy in "I Know What You Did Last Summer". A slasher, but he's here for a reason, he knows the victims or has a calling card and in all likelihood, might even hang up his knives after his revenge is complete.

A Legend? That's fucking straight up Freddy. They've got special rules and without adhering to their myth or lore you're capital F Fucked. A Brute might be like a disconnected societal person, but a Mask is fucking The Shape or the Gas Mask guy with the Pickaxe. Basically because of how the world in WoD works, serial killers begin to manifest supernatural abilities and can even transcend to become threats on a massive scale that would wipe the floor with your average "monster". It requires a lot of playing around with shit and getting a feel for a group and when writing up say a Charmer/Psycho or Genius/Mastermind a lot of planning.

Much easier to just have a cadre of vampires to shoot in the face, frankly.
>>
File: E6vKngbUYAEcUmw.jpg (453 KB, 2048x1153)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Is anyone from here going to group up and run a game? I never played world of darkness before but watching them has gotten me interested. I don't think I could ever DM though.
>>
>>80455965
>>80455972
You ever seen a Slasher movie? That's how dangerous Slashers are, they run the entire gamut from "dude with knife" to "unstoppable supernatural killing machine" or "urban legend made manifest". Any sort of serial killer you can think of can be represented with Slashers. They're really not to be underestimated. A Vampire can't go out in the day, burns up like nobodies business, and has to sleep when you're the most awake. Slashers don't have weaknesses that readily apparent, they can be much harder to track and corner too because they can just blend in perfectly with people for the most part. More than that though, they've got every single edge you have except a team. It's not uncommon for Hunters to fall to becoming a Slasher, and if that Hunter
has demon blood and can summon the fires of hell, then the Slasher can too. That's just for the rippers, the Slashers that are still human, because the scourges aren't mortal any longer. They're supernaturally charged killing machines with a host of supernatural powers to turn against you.

You ever seen Friday the 13th? Jason is a Mask, and Masks are almost impossible to put down. No matter how much you throw at them they only ever take a single point of damage. You can run them over with a truck and they'll stand up with a bruise. They also ignore wound penalties so they're coming at you at full strength 100% of the time, and unlike you they're not going to start passing out either. Their only "weakness" is that environmental damage hurts them fully, and they're driven to kill. Candyman or Freddy are Legends, Patrick Bateman or Anton Chigurh are Hypnos, The Clan from The Hills Have Eyes are Mutants, and Jigsaw or John Doe are Puppeteers. Think about the damage those characters do in their media, then give them supernatural abilities if they don't already have them. Slashers are scary business, and they also make for some of the best Hunter stories too. Their is a reason these are the 2e main antag
>>
>>80456508
And if Watoto goes slasher, he probably becomes a fomori?
>>
>>80456508
this post reminds me I saw, I think a module, where an asylum got overrun with demons and the crazy people inside gained super powers. Does those count as slashers too? I know it sounded cool as hell.
>>
>>80456694
NTA but not really, those two things are different. A Slasher with Fomori shit would be fucked up though.
>>
>>80456772
No, slashers play by all sorts of rules, even Rippers, which are Tier 1s.
>>
>>80456508
>>80456247
This sounds really cool honestly, so then if we were going with Jason as a slasher thing, would wrapping him in a chain and throwing him in to crystal lake be like his weakness in the archetype of slasher? Or like Psychic girls. Or weird kids that build masks with shotguns. Jason has a lot of weird things he loses to.
>>
>>80456376
Theres some group finding website people here like to use, I would be interested as well.
>>
File: 1626295210853.jpg (310 KB, 2252x1468)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>80442714
I'm still holding out for Yuul to do something actually fucked up. Thinking about her hitting a random dude with a car without hesitation does things for me
>>
>>80457423
If Jason was in your game you could design him like a Legend or like a Mask, either would work but you'd deal with the two versions completely differently.
>>
>>80457514
I guess the mask would be classic Jason, while legend would be closer to the wraith Jason.
>>
>>80457423
Undertakings aren't about making a specific slasher, but an archetype of slasher. For Masks they take a single point of damage from all non-environmental sources. Drowning does full damage, as that's from the environment, but shotguns and psychics only ever deal a single point. You can of course kill one by dealing single points of damage repeatedly, it's just not exactly fast.
>>
Quick question about the slashers. Mori mentioned a couple times that when a character's morality score drops to 0 or something they become a slasher and the player "hands their sheet to mori". Essentially I understand this means that character going slasher means they are an NPC now. But how will they deal with that during a stream? Surely they just won't let someone not have a character for the rest of the stream. How is 'going slasher' handled?
>>
>>80439255
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS THIS SHIT, COME BACK TO HOLOLIVE YOU DON'T BELONG HERE STAY AWAY FROM CREATURES OF THE MOTHER'S BASEMENT DON'T LET THEM TOUCH THE GIRLS
>>
>>80457510
>You have to get read of him.
>Again?
>>
>>80457613
Typically it depends, but yeah the Morality system can work hand in hand with the Slasher book, normally a Hunter who hits 0 just goes full psycho and isn't playable to begin with, but the book gives a caveat to say that Hunters often become pretty awful Slashers, some even skip straight over the Ripper level and into the Scourge depending on circumstances. Mori might've been joking (I've no idea if she's ever read this particular supplement) but you could not only have a character become a boss later on but even for a short while travel with your new Serial Killer teammate if you wanted to (there are rules for it). There are also rules for creating a group of killers, whether a Hills Have Eyes mutant family or a group of sophisticated "human hunters".
>>
>>80457613
You handle it like you'd handle player death, because it's essentially the same deal.
>>
>>80457705
>even for a short while travel with your new Serial Killer teammate if you wanted to

>"h-hey y'all yuul seems kind of out of it, I'm kinda scared y'know"
>"What do you mean ara? She's just tired as usual... ara"
>"watoto think nanobot in yuul brain. mushroom fix"
>Yuul silently brooding, mourning nita, thinking about the best way to simultaneously murder all 3 of them while driving the team back

like that? lol
>>
>>80457872
It's all fun and games until Yuul's wearing one of them like a coat
>>
>>80457930
Yuul would probably rather make one of them into a new sleep mask
>>
>>80457930
>>80457970
>Yuul is like a sleep-deprived Fabius Bile
>>
>>80457872
>Yuul pulls down the eyemask
>car starts speeding up
>turns on the car's lights
>the eyes on the mask open
>slasher grin
>>
File: The Driver.png (377 KB, 800x585)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>80458177
There's a Mastermind like that in the book, he completely controls a major section of a US highway in the middle of nowhere and kills people that he think have some kind of secret thing he's looking for, he's got all the diners and cops and everyone who works along the highway under his control and nobody knows what he looks like except for a suit and trenchcoat, wide brimmed hat and aviators and never drives the same car. He spends his time speeding up and down the highway or sitting in his waiting for a phone call while trying to assemble his delusional "secret".
>>
>>80458177
Hunters don't turn into scourges off the bat, they start as rippers first. Getting to be a scourge take a while too. Yuul really isn't a good fit for either the Brute or the Mask though, Virtuoso (Genius in 1e) would be a much better fit for them. They're the smart Slashers, the ones that think they're just too good for it all. Yuul is half way there on that front already. The Scourge version is called the Puppeteer (Maniac in 1e)
>>
>>80458298
>>80458338
I see Yuul more as a lunatic that becomes part of the car and just kills shit by hit-and-run. Toss in some Flying Dutchman tier shit of just disappearing into thin air.
>>
>>80458338
Did they put out a 2e version of the Slasher book?
>>
>>80458532
I don’t think so, I could be wrong.
>>
>>80458338
The worst part of a true maniac is the fact that 9/10 times they have Safehouse 4 which makes even getting to them a fucking nightmare
>>
>>80458532
Slashers are the core antagonist of the 2e book, you basically the whole of the Slasher source book in the 2e core book now. Obviously it's condensed but all the rules are there. There is a new Compact dealing with them, some ones statted up in different locations across all the tiers, and some stuff like that. Everything you'd need to run them as a central antagonist. The 1e Slasher book is still great though, it's got a lot of fluff in there.
>>
>>80458589
Huh, I've never even looked into the 2nd version of Hunter anyway "1e" is all I've ever touched. Which version is Mori using? Are the psychic cops still around?
>>
>>80457930
>>80457970
Scout's also likely to lose it if Gura drives her the wrong way and Mori doesn't stop her fall
>tackles a homeless guy just to grab his shit
>>
>>80458675
Yuul and scout are just murderhobos. It’s always the pure and quiet girls
>>
>>80458609
2e isn't out in full yet, the backer copy should be out very soon though. Calli is running 2e rules, but I'm assuming she hasn't the HtV2e manuscript so is going to just port over stuff from 1e if it ever becomes relevant. VASCU is still a thing, yeah. They've had some fluff changes, they're no longer a branch of the FBI but their own thing. They're still linked to the FBI pretty heavily but now they make more sense. Pretty much every Compact and Conspiracy is still around though, even if they don't all have rules in 2e. Off the top of my head only a couple of Compacts were pruned. The Bear Lodge collapsed and is now part of Ashwood Abbey. The Barrett Commission and Division Six have been dissolved and into TFV. All of which I'm fine with, those were a little redundant anyway.

There are two new Compacts though, SWORN and Nine Stars. SWORN, or Strong Warriors of All Red Nations, are a Compact of most American Indians that frame the supernatural as either native species of the world that have an ecological place, or predators to be culled. They're pretty fun. Nine Stars are a Compact based in Hong Kong that is largely police and is all about dealing with the Slasher endemic there. There is also a new Conspiracy too, the Council of Bones. Their major purview is death and those supernaturals that have returned from it. So they're mostly dealing with vampires, ghosts, zombies, and that sort of thing. They're full of mediums, academics, and diviners, and the Council has a strange kind of ebb and flow to it where their numbers swell in response to some great tragedy only to collapse later. So they're pretty fun thematically, their Endowment is Perispiritism and is all about entering a trance state to bolster your psyche against the supernatural, interact with ghosts, and various divinitory techniques.
>>
>>80458867
Oh wait wait did they leave the Hunt Club in though? Cause that's so fucking great if they did
>>
>>80458941
I'm assuming you mean Ashwood Abbey? They're still in there, as I mentioned. They're used to show you how to make Compacts in the 2e book. All the 1e Compacts and Conspiracies will be compatible with 2e though, outside of The Bear Lodge, the Barrett Commission, and Division Six which aren't canonically a thing anymore. Although you could always bring them back.
>>
>>80458992
No no, the Serial Killer Compact where they meet once a year to show off their trophies.
>>
>>80458675
Don't you have to test humanity or whatever at 7 for stealing?
>>
>>80459086
Oh, sorry it's late. The Hunt Club barely got much on them even in Slashers. They're not set up as a playable Compact in 2e but they're mentioned in the Philadelphia setting example. They get a pretty large paragraph on them. Like I said though, all the 1e stuff still applies unless specifically overwritten. 2e books are always built to build off of 1e content and allow you to continue using it.

>>80459110
Not unless they've got a problem with it. CofD ditched the terrible hierarchy of sins Morality stuff.
>>
>>80458773
Not much of a shock to be honest.
>>
>>80456247
If say, Yuul becomes a slasher what is her tier and class?
>>
>>80459488
Most people or hunters would start as a Tier 1, a "ripper" and based on her character traits would probably default to a Genius (apparently a "Virtuoso" in the new book). These are skilled and intelligent people that become disconnected from reality and begin to think that they're better than the rest and the rest of humanity are more or less walking meat.
>>
>>80459539
sick, but that's too edgy for Yuul's standard hopefully
>>
>>80459653
The dangerous and fucked up part of most Geniuses as they manifest isn't just the whole "I can now disassemble people and machines in seconds" nor is it the "I'll create elaborate traps and tricks to lure them into a death of their own making" and it's not even the "I'll break them and at their most vulnerable, I'll slit their throat" its that Geniuses biggest danger is their ability in a sort of memetic effect. They tend to accumulate (if they let it happen) followers, sidekicks, assistants, apprentices. When they go full blown into being mythical, that ability to control people becomes way, way worse.
>>
>>80458177
Is Yuul really that much of a murder for this to be a possibility.
>>
>>80459754
I'mhoping so. The most interesting thing she's done so far is the whole hitting Vic situation so I'm hoping she plays into that side of the character more.
>>
File: Jigsaw2.jpg (71 KB, 600x900)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>80459720
Pic related?
>>
>>80459812
Maybe she thought she was too passive in the tutorial and is trying to rectify it? Seems weird with sudden it is.
>>
>>80459863
Because she was so passive it didn't feel out of character imo. She was super closed off and dismissive for the most part. I really think the angle works even if it came from a misunderstood panic decision.
>>
>>80459888
I see what you mean, still though, it was a great surprise.
>>
Watotoooo
>>
>>80460084
Is ame still saying that.
>>
>>80459754
She did say "Again?" then concluded that murder was the best way to get a janitor out of the way.
>>
>>80459134
>terrible
>>
Looks like we’ll need another thread
>>
>>80460176
Yeah but not so much and she's overrall really improved and kind of holds the team together
>>
>>80460486
Ah, that’s good to hear. I thought she was going to be that guy.
>>
>>80460374
That’s good.
>>
See you y’all in the next thread.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.