[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626756871648.png (2.87 MB, 2816x996)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>Previous Thread
>>80399893

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
http://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
> White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page
> OWOD/COFD Forums:
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/

Where to buy what you need (Check all links for full selection):
> White Wolf Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/1/White-Wolf
> Onyx Path Publishing Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/4261/Onyx-Path-Publishing
> Fan-made Stuff
https://www.storytellersvault.com/

TQ:
>What diabolical grimoires exist in your setting's library?

Also if Any New Players have any Questions, feel free to ask! (CHECK THE WIKI BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION.)
>>
Holy shit the vtuber community is cancerous. Went into that other thread and they're barely talking about the streamers or the game.
Anyway, what are some of your favorite homebrew disciplines that you've seen here or made?
>>
>>80435496
Well some fa/tg/uy is adamant in derailing those threads since the very start. Just report them hand have a good time
>>
>TQ
I like the idea of an extremely powerful Venture, maybe even the antediluvian himself having written a tome of genealogy, or about how to use esoteric dominate techniques something that would naturally attract Vampires; however inscribed into pictures or some sort of code would be a dominate command that eventually possess the one who reads it and attempts to "reformat" them into a picture of the antediluvian. The book would be written in a long lost language so none of the coterie members can read it, they would have to hand it off to a kindred scholar or elder- then deal with the consequences of unleashing a powerful megalomaniac who believes he has the right to rule all Cainites.
>>
I can't stop thinking about how in Night Road, the player character seems rather conscious about internet privacy despite being Embraced around 2003-ish? That, and they seem to go through microfiber cloths rather easily, making repeated trips to Walmart. Fucker must've been ironing them or something.
>>
Do vampires have feelings?
>>
File: Grimmer.jpg (373 KB, 1101x1323)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>80435478
My C20 Players stole a voynich manuscript from a Shit bag dick face mage.

Every supernatural in town hated this guy, even other mages.

While they ransacked his mansion, one of them found it keeping a chair level.

Fast Forward months later, both IRL and game. Roots of Legend is released on the STV.
Welp, guess I gave my players a level 5 treasure.

The Sidhe who got it, has learned some basic naming so they can translate and read it.
ImFineWithThis.gif

Perfect excuse to start including a bunch of roots of legend material.
>>
What's the longest running game you've had? Not IRL length, but in terms of setting time. Games that moved across the ages.
>>
>>80434601
The Lair mechanics are praised, But there is the "flip the lights" exploit.
>>
>>80436323
Yes, and they are all now addictive.
>>
>>80436323
yes ;_;

t. mage bullying victim
>>
>>80436410
We've been doing a multi-stage alt-history one starting in Eastern Rome right around when Constantine took over (and failed in ours), and had subsequent runs in the beginning of the Black Death Period and Rennaissance, and currently in modern New Rome in the Americas.
>>
>>80436498
Hiw many characters have you played throughout it?
>>
>>80436512
One in each era, all descendants of the first.
>>
>>80436759
I've always wanted to do but I do wonder does it feel like the narrative of the story gets less dramatic overtime? I mean in the first one your playing, presumably a low generation Vampire at the height of their freedom and power and with every new character you lose a little more of both.
>>
>>80436864
No, it was mortals, so it was mostly starting fresh each time but with some carried-over family advantages.
>>
File: hedgefag.jpg (282 KB, 752x1063)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
h e d g e f a g
e
d
g
e
f
a
g
>>
Does anyone remember schizo poster? The one who was obsessed with the tzimiscie and 40k? I left these threads for a year whatever happened to him?
>>
>>80435478
In my setting the new world of darkness was created from old world's apocalypse. Something that survived was the diary of Caine from which Dracula became the first Vampire & also many many secrets to Kindred nature. While its since been lost Dracula's own writings on the subject would later found the Ordu Dracul.

There is also the Lucifer Cypher which may or may not be a user manual for the God-Machine which only a few pages exist
>>
>>80437025
We hedgedyke now
>>
File: 1500muns.jpg (36 KB, 566x356)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Someone just donated $1,500 to the hololive streamers doing WoD
>>
>>80438350
And? What does that have to do with this thread?
>>
>>80438350
What the fuck is wrong with weebs
>>
>>80438371
It has to do with you being jelly.
>>
>>80438350
NT$ is Taiwanese Dollars, so that's more like $50
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 677x325)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>80438350
Wow, it's fucking nothing!
I like mythbreakers too, but holy shit, you vtuber freaks really need to learn some etiquette and common sense.
>>
Why do they always push Roman vampires instead of Roman werewolves?Jjgay
>>
>>80438459
Roman civilization is popularly pictured as being disciplined and orderly, as well as being culture and efficient government touch of the western world. Whether or not you believe that it doesn't really fit the themes of most werewolf games.
>>
>>80438442
Taiwan isn't a real country
>>
>>80438543
It is kemono bara ethnostate.
>>
>>80438459
Roman Werewolves has a whole Dark Era about it, Forsaken by Rome in the Dark Eras Companion
>>
>>80438350
Men are literally incapable of not simping even for trannoids lmao
>>
File: ScreamsExternally.gif (866 KB, 200x242)
866 KB
866 KB GIF
>>80435478
When the fuck will the Deviant books be out?
>>
>>80438504
Is not the wolf disciplined & orderly? The wolf runs in a pack & is one of the few animals with a social structure
>>
>>80439290
They are associated with lost of control and savagery.
>>
>>80439290
>>80439564
Rome also has that decadent and hedonistic society with a great deal of politicking and intrigue going on for it. Not that your ideas are incorrect, I'm merely trying to say why Rome is most often associated with Vampires and not something else.
>>
>>80439564
>>80439614
An ignoble & savage wolf deserves the cross
>>
>>80436476
Learn to enjoy it nerd.
>>
>>80440106
You can't keep getting away with it!
>>
File: 0.jpg (179 KB, 809x1200)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
What the fuck was the Kuei Jin's plan here?
>>
>>80435478
Are there any good city books for OWOD that give a good perspective on all the supernatural types in the city(not necessarily /every single one/, but a good broad picture), not just "only vampires" or whatever?
>>
>>80440556
To turn China into the biggest Wyrm Power Since Pentex, granted probably more in an effort to get the Beast Courts out of there.

Is Qin a Mummy or a Mage? because the Taracotta Soldiers might just be Version 1 HIT MARKS
>>
>>80440170
Start rolling to resist it then.
>>
>>80440556
China is literally only going downhill from here kek, they've been sending out massive cope propaganda lately.
>>
>>80440558
Probably not, it was never really written for any serious interaction outside of "woof hate vamps."
>>
>>80436410
I STed a transilvania chronicles game. It lasted about 3 years of real time and hundreds of years in game time.
My Requiem for Rome game lasted around 4 years and it was about 1500 years of gametime.
>>80440558
I dont think so. I would recommend you to pick the chicago book for NWOD and adapt it. It is an awesome book.
>>
Would you rather be a kindred in the modern day, or a kuei Jin?
>>
File: Enticer.png (200 KB, 518x542)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
Would you fall for this trap?
>>
>>80441604
A tree stump, or the guys ass? In either case- no.
>>
>>80441602
kindred 100%.
Kuei jin society is fucked
>>
>>80441693
Really? The Kuei Jin don't have an equivalent to the second inquisition though right?
>>
>>80441604
It's a bootytrap.
>>
>>80441602
Order of whats "good" to be is
Mage
Werewolf
Fera
Hunter
Vampire
Kuei Jin
Wraith
Mummy
>>
>>80441808
What about regular mortals?
>>
>>80441704
Kue-jin starts at an equivalent of a vampire in wassail. They are captured and tortured/indoctrined into a somewhat stable condition. The paths suck ass if you actually think like a modern person. The society is worse than the worst that kindred can do.
Second inquisition is V5, so not actually a good canon and it will probably be ignored if they try to create a good game later.
>>
File: !winter.jpg (106 KB, 400x600)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I'd like to start reading but what's better, Geist 1e or Geist 2e?

For someone who liked the old Wraith lore and Changeling 1e?
>>
>>80440689
That or they'll become Nazi Empire 2, Brain Control Boogaloo.
>>
>>80441808
You missed Changelings!
>>
>>80442083
Are you just reading it for the fluff, or do you want a good game?
>>
>>80442160
Mostly the former. I doubt I'll run a game of it. Also trying to avoid politics like that found in some newer editions.
>>
>>80442180
People don't play Geist 1e for the mechanics.
>>
>>80442313
Okay, good to know. So the mechanics are better in 2e. Did the lore change significantly? Is the writing different? The setting?
>>
I've run a lot of modern nights Vampire games. I'm putting together a Dark Ages game for my group. What are the big things I should know about running Vampire in the Dark Ages? I know all the history and lore, I'm not asking about that, I'm asking how would you recommend structuring the chronicle at the beginning?
>>
>>80442374
1e second chances, 2e is focused in fighting the underworld faceless systematic oppression.
>>
Why are fomori so funny
>>
>>80442426
because they can be almost anything, from mindless fodder to intelligent characters, from goofy monsters to terrifying killers
>>
Why isn't Caine black?
>>
>>80442725
Because He was a Farmer, Farming Existed Well After the Human Species Developed Caucasian Skintones
>>
>>80442725
Because he was descende from Adam, the perfect human ergo white.
>>
>>80442725
the out from Africa theory has long since been debunked
>>
>>80442742
Explain please, I don't like being behind on my info
>>
>>80442180
What are you doing reading any WoD game? They're all full of politics.
>>
>>80442757
The earliest human remains have been found in the Caucasus mountain region.

The races of europe and africa are more akin to close cousins than the actual same species. Even then the two broad categories can be broken further down into what an alien biologist would call different species. Close enough to interbreed but not close enough to reasonable be called the same type of creature.

Sort of like lions and tigers, but a little bit closer genetically. Close enough to produce fertile offspring, distant enough to cause medical concerns. Notably the fact that if a half-european, half-africa child needs an organ or marrow donor, neither parent is close enough genetically to allow a successful transfer.

It's rather tragic, but it is what it is.

The out from Africa theory was only as popular as it is for... obvious reasons. The Water ape theory is slightly more reasonable, but was quietly suppressed for political concerns.

It is most likely that the modern day races descended from the proto-Indo-Europeans originated somewhere in the Balkans, alongside the Neanderthal and what would go on to be the Proto-sub-Saharan African man

now I would have to check again to make sure all of that is right, but it's what I remember off the top of my head. If anyone notices something wrong please point it out to me.
>>
>>80442725
>>80442738
>>80442739
>Genesis was probably just a mythologized tale of humanity giving up nomadism for agriculture, and how it made for harder lives
>Genetic drift testing has shown the least least variance is between Africans and Indo-Europeans
The first major farming groups were in the Middle East, anon.

>>80442742
By no one.
>>
>>80442867
wait no, the water ape theory is bullshit to some degree, what was i thinking?
>>
>>80442118
No I didn't. I left them out on purpose.
>>
>>80442867
>Shit /pol/ made up
All of the earliest hominids originate in Africa. Moving out of the trees and adapting to endurance pursuit hunting with tools on the savannah are core evolutionary states that being hairless sweaty bipeds supports.
>>
>>80442867
Can you provide sources?
>>
>>80442725
>>80442738
>>80442739
>>80442742
>>80442757
>>80442867
>>80442881
>>80442888
>>80442891
>>80442907
>>80442911
Thank you anons, very cool but what does this have to do with the world of darkness?
>>
>>80442911
I can, he can't provide any good ones:
https://go.nature.com/36RqVH9
>>
>>80442888
>>80442881
>>80442867
>>80442738

Its less, "water ape" & more Coastal Ape, & its true. The water allowed for more upright movement & changed our shoulder joint so we can swim better (which let to our ability to throw things too)
The coastal ape is far more reasonable to explain our development than "I guess the apes wanted to stand up tall to see stuff maybe" theory. The only reason we find more bones in africa is because its land hasnt been bulldozed a thousand times over by a cavalcade of civilizations.
>>
File: Untitled.png (101 KB, 1878x930)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>80442911
Well the Race link to donations is well known, a quick google search brings up dozens of articles about the topic. Pic related. That's the fastest i'll be able to find.

Let me see if I can track down what else i have if others don't beat me to it first.
>>
>>80442941
What does me >>80442891 being racist against Changelings & leaving them out of my list have to do with World of Darkness?

Like, everything. Fuck changelings
>>
>>80442978
Tool use over multiple successive Hominid successors evolved both pure bipedalism and greater throwing ability. Tools have been traced back to pre-homo predecessors like Australopithicus 3 million years before Homo Sapiens.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32804177
>>
>>80443005
>>80442867
Is it PC to think of ethnicities like dog breeds? Cause its pretty much the same thing
>>
>>80443035
Doesnt explain the shoulder joint at all. Plus hairless sweat based skin only works if you have ample water. Why ate there no other naked apes? We are naked because hair drags in water. Our ancestors lived next to the sea or lake/rivers.
>>
>>80443036
Most dog breeds are the result of forced breeding for specific traits. In humans it's entirely just minor environmental adaptations. Low melanin levels are an adaptation to colder climates to be able to still make Vitamin D in weather with no direct sunlight for months, straight hair acts like an insulator versus the radiator that dense hair acts like, and so on. A region's "mutts" are the closest thing in dogs.
>>
>>80442941
this can actually be a very fascinating thing to Factor into Werewolf when unshackled from the more PC leanings of the writers, If the species divide is as the anon claims, this could have interesting implications for a prehistoric game, Similar to how Savage Age offered different options for Neanderthal Born Fera, as this would be well before Mixed Race parings blurred the lines as they have in modern times.

I'd like to say that, even if the seperate cousin species concept is true I see that as no reason to treat what is still a human species as an inferior, it simply makes the tapestry of human kind more fascinating to me
>>
>>80443036
It isn't. Mostly because it's just totally wrong. "Human races are not like dog breeds: refuting a racist analogy" is a good paper on the subject, it'd be worth a read if you're not being ironic.
>>
>>80443080
Also the differences in nose structure
African nose structure is more shallow and direct.
In comparison, the European nose structure is more narrow and long-winded in order to warm the air entering the lungs more before it actually reaches the organs. to allow for better temperature regulation.
>>
>>80443070
The Going theory there is that the SHoulder Joint Evolved because we were throwing stuff and the loss of hair and the sweat glands was due to our ancestors transitioning from scavengers to persistence hunters, that doesn't mean there weren't any early hominids on the coast either though
>>
>>80440689
The fucking projection on display here.

It surely isn't the collapsing empire that lost half a mill to covid that is ODing on copium, it's the rising super power that the collapsing empire is constantly fretting about.
>>
>>80443080
Well those are modern dog breeds, ancient dogs were different. A chinese dog was different from an Alaskan dog or an African dog. And in any case one could "breed" humans in the same way as dogs if they were fucked in the head & could get away with it. I just dont know the best way to not make it seem derogatory to make a case for "same species just different breed" cause a Chihuahua can get with a great dane even though they are completely different
>>
>>80443070
That's a possible contributing factor, but on its own would act as a constricting factor to making us evolve the flexibility we have. The most important factor we had was being able to hunt enough to feed our brains and have the energy to perform tasks that aren't immediately related to food, reproduction, and avoiding getting eaten.

And tool use and brain growth go hand in hand, because the most important part there was the fact that we could externalize experience and transfer it consistently to others AND have them use that to make improvements.
>>
>>80443102
What about Native Americans? They by and large do not grow Body hair from what I know and almost universally lactose intolerant, which has been blured of course though interbreeding.
>>
>>80443090
I'll look it up, I dont see how its racist though. Like >>80443102. How is the difference in noese in humans really all that different from noses in dogs? Any dog can breed with any dog just like humans can breed with any human
>>
>>80443176
It's not racist in an of itself, no misconception is, but it's used by racists to push their views.
>>
>>80443118
Eat my poo in loo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKL3k9Zrjpk
>>
>>80443161
From what I remember native Americans are also part of the proto-Indo-European sub group, having crossed over to American back when there was still an ice bridge between Russia and Alaska.

Lactose tolerance is a trait developed by ancient pastoralist groups in central Eurasia because they primarily subsisted on milk and raw meat and foraging and whatnot. The native Americans didn't herd milkable animals as much, and as such the trait wasn't particularly necessary.
>>
>>80443140
from what I've seen Brain growth is tied in animals to a blend of ready access to nutrient needed to fuel said growth and the necessity of that growth to manage a more complex task, in most animals this is socially related, like communication between elephants or the developed family groups of most canines, in fewer its related to tool use and problem solving such as in apes, Parrots, Corvids and Humans, though for others its more essoteric, the Octopus likley developed its more complex brain simply from having to manage its vast color and shape altering abilities long with its multitude of appendages, which then lent itself to its problem solving skills later on, making it one of the only nonsocial problem solvers we know of
>>
>>80443140
>>80443112
Brain use isnt tied to tool use its the other way around. We became smart right when we started cooking meat & made the great caloric leap of efficiency. Suddenly we had more free time & more food & bigger & bigger brains so we started getting curious with more complex tools. I'm not saying that we arent pursuit predators, I'm saying that the coast & water buoyancy is what made us stand upright & swim. It makes no sense that we would incrementally evolve our hips on land. We would need something like water's buoyancy
>>
>>80443183
Can you give me a tldr on why you think its a misconception?
>>
>>80443161
Lactose tolerance is a mutation mostly found ranging out from the Middle East and into Europe in the post-agricultural era. Natives migrated over to the Americas from Asia far longer before that point around the last big ice age, and their Agriculture never domesticated milk-bearing animals.
>>
Does anyone have the Technocracy Reloaded PDF?
>>
I remember when "people" (using that term extremely loosely) could identify polbait and not take it. Actually wait, no I can't.
>>
>>80443262
Have you tried to The Trove?
>>
>>80443262
Its in the usual places. No spoonfeeding until we get vola & the trove back
>>
>>80443271
The Trove is kill
>>
>>80442739
Adam was probably a Red haired middle eastern dude with blue eyes.
>>
>>80443262
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/354689/M20-Technocracy-Reloaded?term=technocracy+re
>>
Does anyone care about the novellas that are part of the Onyx Path Kickstarters?
>>
If Adam was so great than why didn't he raise his Cain better? Checkmate Judaeo Christians.
>>
>>80443300
I should actually read the Ex 3E ones I got from the KS some time...
>>
>>80443303
its actually kind of the point that Humanity was rather deeply fucked as a result of the first sin, hence why shit like the tower of babble happened and why the great flood was needed and why ultimately Jesus was required to be sent
>>
Why do they produce more Pugmire instead of CofD stuff?
>>
>>80443303
Can tell your son not to murder when murder doesnt exist yet
>>
>>80443345
They're just acting as the publishers for it, it's a "Partner" game, not one of their internal gamelines.
>>
>>80443345
White Wolf isn't approving their pitches.
>>
>>80443239
Because it's fundamentally incorrect but it's massively off topic to get into. The paper I mentioned should be easy enough to understand though, so I'd suggest just reading that.
>>
>>80443300
They tend to be pretty solid. Although I wish more did stuff like Interface did.
>>
>>80443536
Fair enough
>>
If you could remove one clan/tribe/subfaction etc from a game line what would you remove?

What brand new thing would you add to replace it?
>>
>>80443496
Why? Not enough gay death camps?

>>80443605
Malks
>>
>>80443605
The chinkpires and replace them with the superior Dawkin's bloodlines.
>>
>>80443605
Tremere. I wouldn't replace them with anything just get rid of them.
>>
Pugmire actually is more profitable than CofD and WOD, and Eddy Webb is a helluva lot easier to deal with as a partner than Paradox.
>>
>>80443699
Pirates of Pugmire raised less than any of the CofD KS and I doubt it will be any different for the current one.
>>
File: jCUyfEu.jpg (377 KB, 1893x1616)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>80443686
>>80443646
You gotta add something. Thats the rules
>>
>>80443786
The best idea would probably replacing the VtM clans with the VtR ones.
>>
What nWoD 1E books are still relevant for CofD?
>>
That miserable feeling when you try to think about some conceptual things and realize the world is one that refuses the idyllic closure of a happy ending in favor of cannibalizing and desecrating everything for the sake of birthing one new flame from fading embers.
>>
File: 1626657495325.jpg (33 KB, 396x696)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>80443870
Yes, unless they are overwritten. Mechanics need some tweaking though. Mostly in regards to tilts and conditions.

>>80443013
>fuck changelings
That's the plan.
>>
>>80442400
A dark ages game is almost like a normal vampire game, anon. The thing that you will have most difficulty at start will be to show the influence of the church and the lack of technology.
At night there is no light or people walking in the streets. Even in cities people will go to sleep at sundown. The houses will be way simpler with just one or two.rooms full of people. Hunting will be easier and hard at the same time because people will know about the supernatural and be ready for it.
I recommend using the first few games to show the differences and keeping it ever present ( but low key of course) in your descriptions.
I hope you will have fun.
>>
>>80443856
>remove wod clans
>add requiem clans
>make the odd clans bloodlines(malkavians, lasombra, Giovanni, cappadocians, etc) with their own unique extra discipline.
> enjoy a better game than most.
>>
>>80444818
Many of those odd clans work better as covenants.
>>
>>80444851
Malkavian, salubri, daughters of cacaphonia, ravnos, giovanni, lasombra, tzimisce, cappadocians, tremere, gargoiles, etc would not work as covenants, anon.
Making them bloodlines while keeping the WOD lore would fit a little more. They get their special snowflake discipline and that is.
>>
>>80435478
>TQ
There is a book, more of a journal actually, that details life of a cute little girl and her adventures. It's very fairy tale like, she has a bad house life like Cinderella, learns about magic from fairy friends, does some fun stuff, learns her real parents are royalty, collect wishes from friends she made along the way and goes to live on the moon with those wishes because world can be cruel sometimes.
Whoever starts reading the book is compelled to finish it. It isn't a very strong "I need to finish it now" compulsion, someone strong willed can resist it first few times. However, since story is cute, there is no harm in reading it.
A man burns his house down with his family inside. A woman drowns her children during summer vocation. A kindergarden caretaker poisons the kids. A police officer shoots a kid he was suppose to protect. Why are all the victims little children? Why does the murderer leave a suicide about leaving this sinful world? Why is this always there in the bookshelf despite being a single copy?
>>
>>80442867
Cain is a turk
>>
Is there a specific piece of lore or backstory that is considered obscure and forgotten but you've managed to implement on your chronicles?
>>
I finally convinced my D&D group to play vampire, yeah they love it. Now they want me to run a chronicle of the high seas set in the Golden age of piracy. Is there anything out there like this currently? Or am I going to have to do everything from scratch?
>>
>>80445613
The Rizetti apparatus. I basically just shoved it into A Cure For Wellness and it worked wonderfully
>>
>>80445650
Which Vampire?
>>
CofD - is time or Diablerie the only way to increase Blood Potency?
>>
>>80445706
Experience points
>>
>>80445688
V20, But can convert from other additions.
>>
>>80445650
>Vampirates
A ghouled crew mite b cool, actually.
Otherwise you're doing a lot of moonlit sailing and sunlit drifting.
I guess the fact that much of the popularly discussed piracy was happening around equatorial waters means at least the sun is pretty consistent...

>>80444720
Does the lo-tech/no light thing balance itself out?
Most of your light sources are naked flames, one way or another, as are all heat sources, but they are less prevalent.
>>
I would like a feedback about an idea:
I like WOD lore but I hate V5 and everything they did. I also love Requiem vampires and system. Specially 1e Requiem.
I will start a new campaign in a couple months time and Im thinking of using Requiem with Masquerade.
Using the idea listed in Beckets diary about multiples types of Gehenna, it would start as a change in the blood of Cainites.
First the power of generation would be destroyed and changed to Blood potency. For most vampires that dont use Thaumaturgy the change will go unnoticed. But Thaumaturges would notice that every single vampire is counted as 0th generation. Elders would start to feel the effect of high blood potency (need for vampire blood, animal blood stop working,etc) and some would refer to old nodhists texts about sleeping to weaken the blood.
The generation power also destroyed the clan ties, leaving the 5 clans of Requiem. A vampire would still be able to connect to their old clan (now in the system as bloodlines) but that would require a certain power of blood. Vampire nodhists would have lots of theories about it, most would think that now they are closer to the 2nd generation than the third. The fact that there is 5 main bloodlines would be explained using the theory that some third generations actually used diablerie on the second generation. So the Daeva would be considered descendants of Zillah, to give an example.
It all started in the late 90´s so now in 2021 people are already used to it.
What would you think of playing in this sort of game?
>>
>>80445706
>>80445717
In character, I mean.
>>
>>80446103
i'd be thinking that my ST needs to learn to let go
>>
>>80446169
sad
>>
>>80443274
>>80443262
No spoonfeeding. And if you do want to shit yourself about it, don't.
>>
Technocracy Reloaded is fucking shit as to be expected.
>>
>>80446600
Because it's oWoD?
>>
>>80446649
oWoD AND Mage 20th.
>>
>>80443646
>Why? Not enough gay death camps?
Because they don't want to take away attention from WoD
>>
>>80446151
Blood Potency isn't an in-universe measurement like Generation is. It naturally increases every 50 years you are active as a baseline, but there's no reason it wouldn't also increase by being a particularly active vampire (aka a PC putting exp into it)
>>
>>80446151
Think about BP like metaphysical muscles, just like your muscles grow as you mature your BP increases with age. Just like they atrophy with disuse it diminishes in Torpor. And just like exercise increases muscle-mass, so does using your vampiric gifts (represented by XP)
>>
>>80446103
That sounds pretty cool. Good STs homebrew a lot of their game and it seems you've gotten that right. I'd play it.
>>
>>80446169
>that guy who likes the band’s new stuff
>>
>>80435478
In a Techno Union game, would a character who follows and maintaina the ideals of the Union but absolutely detests the unenlightened be feasible or even accepted? I'm worried that it would come off as too edgy, but I figure that at least some in the Union would start getting to Traditions level of apathetic or downright callous towards baselin humans, despite supposedly being there for their benefit and protection.
>>
>>80447405
That's perfectly valid and likely very in line with the thought patterns upper echelon leadership secretly has and wants to foster in the union, much like the traditions before, the people in charge have come to like having power over the sleepers, they like the status quo as it is.
>>
>>80447385
>Implying staying static and never creating anything new is a good thing
I enjoy seeing the bands I listen to evolve and grow.
>>
>>80447616
Called it.
>>
>>80447708
Not all bands get better with time (Metallica), but most do, and trying to lock yourself into a point in the past is just dumb.
>>
>>80447801
What the fuck happened to Metallica? I'm not a music focused guy so I'm a bit out of the loop
>>
>>80443870
The ones with no mechanics.
>>
>>80447818
Gen X hates that they tried to do new stuff & got mad. Then they returned to their old sound but it wasn't very inspired stuff since they dont really want to do it
>>
>>80447818
Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield are complete assholes who only really care about the money for the last 20 years or so.

Some bands might improve with lineup changes, Nightwish, for instance, had a huge upgrade when Marco Hietala joined (and its sad to see him have to quit from feeling burnout, it'll be hard for them to find a bassist/second guitar and vocalist of his raw talent, but it's better for him), and Floor Jansen is both an amazing singer with broader range than both Tarja Turunen and Annette Olson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo8ncK_5kzc

And on the other side, Rammstein's said that the band as a whole is done if any member permanently leaves, and they just keep getting better over time.
>>
>>80447485
To elaborate a little more, I was hoping to do some campiness to go along with it. Like, some Albert Wesker and Senator Armstrong levels of camp. Verifiably insane but with a modicum of logic behind it to fool myself and a handful of others into thinking I'm right.
Basically, I want to try and wipe out the Sleepers for the betterment of the Enlightened. Obviously I, as a player, want to fail and be defeated, but as a character I want to pull a Wesker and infect as many as I can with a virus to wipe out humanity, while bettering the Enlightened as the chosen of humanity.
>>
>>80448022
Sounds like a hammy path to going Nephandic, go for it
>>
>>80447103
Thanks anon
>>
>>80447896
I am genuinely surprised I pegged you so squarely, do you also think that sour milk is the next stage in its evolution & that the rest of us are stuck in the past? What about movie sequels, they just get better each time eh? ;)

I’m 26 anon, put your boomer stick down.
>>
>>80447616
I bet you’re unironically excited for Bloodlines 2
>>
>>80448457
Wasn't it cancelled?
>>
>>80448471
No. Unfortunately. This shit is still alive, like this aborted fetus that's still flopping on the floor, but nobody has the guts to put it out of its misery.
>>
>>80448457
I'm as interested as I would be for any other similar game, but not really holding my breath, either.

>Grognards gonna grognard

>>80448471
I think it was pushed back to an indeterminate date because it just isn't close to being ready for the planned launch window.
>>
>>80448519
>I think it was pushed back to an indeterminate date because it just isn't close to being ready for the planned launch window.
At this point, it lost all of its writers, the company that was in charge of the project got fucking sacked once Paradox saw when horseshit they've come up with and it's in state of indefinite limbo. But it's technically not cancelled. Apparently some other company is about to take over after Hardlabs Studios and finish the game, because Paradox is not parting away with those preorder money, but that's about it.
>>
>>80448512
And much like abortion, I oppose the entire process but for the love of god, at least end it quickly so they dont have to suffer
>>
>>80448519
Two for two. You’re so predictable I could probably draw a rough sketch of your dad, and I can’t even draw.
>>
>>80448995
>derp for derp, I'm so derp I'm gonna derp my derp
>>
>>80445741
I was thinking a gholed crew was the way to go. I don't know how fun the issue of blood management is going to be. My worries is going to become a slog between ports making sure they have enough blood to get from A to B. My other thought is that this is probably going to have to be a sabott game.
>>
>>80449391
if you don't have other blood expenditures you only need like a 15-man crew to feed on a single blood point per day. Ideally if you have other expenditures you take the blood from other ships.
>>
Would a Mage that works as a Photographer take wisdom hits for using their magic to make money? Like going invisible for papparazi shots and shit?
>>
What is you're favorite compact, and yore favorite conspiracy
>>
Does anyone have that mini comic of a Hunter listing how the three main splats (Vamp, Wolf and Mage) can fuck over mankind, and then he finishes it saying something "And you're just an ugly motherfucker"?
>>
>>80448457
I think the funniest part about Bloodlines 2 is no matter how much people shill for it, it'll be terrible. Like really fucking bad. I'd say even worse than Cyberpunk or VtMB on release. Unlike VtMB there'll be no dedicated fanbase for modding it...because it'll be a bitch to mod.
>>
>>80452013
Everyone knew it was going to be really bad once they started saying accessibility was more important than having a game. I suspect that's why it imploded during Corona is all the people who actually did development were no longer involved in the process. They literally made blog posts about how they stopped working on everything.
>>
>>80452033
DESU, Paradox should just license the IP to anyone who wants it like what Games Workshop does with Warhammer. Sure, most of the games are trash, but you get the occasional Mechanicus and, for me at least, that would make it worth it.

Not to mention the simple brand awareness it would raise just by being featured on Steam's new releases page every three months.
>>
>>80452135
>DESU, Paradox should just license the IP to anyone who wants it like what Games Workshop does with Warhammer. Sure, most of the games are trash, but you get the occasional Mechanicus and, for me at least, that would make it worth it.
>Not to mention the simple brand awareness it would raise just by being featured on Steam's new releases page every three months.
They tried that then they got massic backlash because Zach Smith is a questionable party.
The two first games released by paradox under the White Wolf branding have been deleted from the internet or at least from official sources. Mage Refugee was neat.
>>
>>80452135
Paradox should licence the IP to people that want to make good games. Games Workshop haven't caused a decent Warhammer video game in like...nearly 10 years now.
>>
>>80452135
Have you seen the W:tA games that came out recently?
>>
I'm of the opinion that vampires, being inhuman predators, should be at least as powerful as mages, mortals, but this is not the case. Why?
>>
>>80452662
because vampires need to hide away from mortals otherwise mortals will kick their asses quite easily.

mages need to hide from mortals because mortals have a unique advantage against them...and this unique advantage is something vampires, werewolves and other splats do not have over mages.
>>
Did Dragon King guy ever finish working on their forms and stuff?
>>
>>80452662
Lol, people with vampire bias are weird. Do you think a physically oriented creature should somehow be able to triumph over something that warps reality / uses fucking magic?
>>
>>80452600
There was one weird stealth game and then two digital enhanced book things right?
>>
>>80452717
>Lol, people with vampire bias are weird. Do you think a physically oriented creature should somehow be able to triumph over something that warps reality / uses fucking magic?
Yes because the last time I played mage in a large scale live-action game the limitations of magic never came up because the real limitation was the players inability to come up with ideas.
>>
Why is hedgefag such a twink ass bitch
>>
>>80452717
If the vamps wheren't able to use magic and warp reality themselves you would have had a point. But they can and do.
>>
>>80453326
>But they can and do.

To a much, much lesser degree, and far more linearly and specific. You don't compare a vampire to a caster, you compare a vampire caster to a caster.
>>
>>80453122
Isn't he very hairy with a full red-blond beard and a very slight chub?
Didn't save his pics though.
>>
>>80453387
Then why do vampire casters pretty much always win against """true"""mages?
Or are you just a nigger secondary that only skims the books for shitposting material like that one neetzsche guy?
>>
File: Magick-Disciplines.png (229 KB, 695x842)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>80453453
>Then why do vampire casters pretty much always win against """true"""mages?

Because mages in canon were written as a joke without mechanical considerations in mind. The Order of Hermes are full of reeee'ing wizards who don't see eye to eye, while the Tremere are practically forced to work together.
>>
>>80453403
Nah he appears to be slim. I can see a faint beard. He also looks like a total manlet. I doubt he's a bottom though :^)
>>
File: Funocracy.jpg (160 KB, 877x1151)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Look what I gots!

Its very good, and my main game line is C20.
>>
>>80453941
gay
>>
>>80453941
Yep, that's gay
>>
File: technogender.png (3.02 MB, 1279x2048)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>>80453941
It dropped a bit ago, its got some fun stuff. I can't wait for the magic items supplements though.
>[STRETCH GOAL] Technocracy Reloaded: Operative's Dossier PDF
I think its this one.
>>
>>80453482
If even the devs and writers of the setting think mages are more than a joke, then why do you?
>>
>>80452246
Swansong seems promising for a walking simulator with stats, although V5 is an unholy mess of a setting.
Should have made a CtL or Requiem roguelike in a procedurally generated setting.
>>
>>80454065
Better idea for C:tL: Open-world day to day life sim with lots of social stuff, and a Proc-gen exploration thing for the Hedge and Bastions, with magic systems that lets you recreate the world around you.
>>
>>80453546
>I doubt he's a bottom though :^)
How do you know that?
>>
>>80454119
Yeah, a Changeling Persona could work, especially if seasonal change is played up (it also has built-in opportunities for narrative structure - can the player clear their name before the Winter Court before those creepy asassins get to rule the freehold?).
I think that Masquerade BR game was actually a really great idea. Making something with a wide appeal, even if a bit dilluted in content, sounds like a good magnet for the more niche IPs. However, execution might be lacking, since BR boom is a few years past.
>>
>>80454398
You never know, the big thing is if you can deliver something that hasn't been done before. Valorant is basically CS:GO with Overwatch's character-based powers, for example, and has been doing really well.
>>
>>80454532
Yeah, hope that one works out. Might work through the "trenchcoats and katanas" style of VtM, while Swansong does its own walking simulator thing. If these two manage to make some profits, Paradox might get more adventurous with its IP.
>>
If the destroyer aspect of the wyrm took dominance over the corruptor, what would happen to black spiral dancers, banes and fomori?
>>
>>80454601
That more directly destructive fomori would be more common, and probably lead to a gigantic Veil breach but that is just Thursday in wod.
>>
File: wod.jpg (611 KB, 1407x720)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>80454601
Weird enticer shit is out in favor of city sized monster ticking time bombs that melt into acidic goo and blanket the place in anti magic life destroying slave.
>>
>>80455063
>>80455008
Keep in mind one other title for the Destroyer wyrm is, the balance wyrm
>>
>>80455181
not that familiar with Wyrm lore, but following the thought of balance, what defines balance in this context?
And does it boil down to ''send humanity back to the stone age'' as in most of Woof related lore?
>>
>>80455181
>Keep in mind one other title for the Destroyer wyrm is, the balance wyrm
Keep in mind how overgrown humanity is.
>>
>>80455271
The wyrms role was to destroy what the Wyld and weaver made when it grew out of control, and leave room for new growth in the aftermath, I dont think full return to monke is the answere but much of modern civilization is built on corrupt foundations in the context of woof lore, thus I think the key is to retrain the knowledge of modern civilization when things finally crumble so it can be rebuilt on a better foundation, imagine all the innovators channeling their inventiveness into spirit fetishes and magical tools, all the conveniences of modern life but with a spiritual and naturalistic element built into the core
>>
>>80455382
I think the writes would go for the ''begin anew'' route but i think its just kind of stupid.
>>
>>80448260
I'm 30, & Gen X isnt boomers. Also I only replied to the Metallica question, so you got the wrong guy my friend
>>
>>80453122
I think hedgefag is an "otter" its like a bear but slimmer & petite
>>
>>80452707
What did he say he was working on?
>>
>>80455802
It goes otter -> wolf -> bear
>>
>>80456074
Right, but I was just gonna explain otters not wolves, thats unnecessary information. Theres a whole range of gay Fera
>>
>>80455855
Uhmmmm A bunch of pre Wonder-Work stuff iirc.
>>
Will we ever hear back from Beast/dream warriors guy?
>>
>>80456666
That Anon still working on it, Beasts are now called Possessed.
>>
Guys, whats a good "source" or patron for a mystery cult of Firefighters with pyrokinetic powers?
>>
>>80456770
Define pyrokinetics. Do they shoot out fire? Control fire? If the former, probably a forest fire spirit or arson spirit who wants to spread fires. If the latter, then maybe a water or city spirit that helps them reduce fires.
>>
>>80456861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw
>>
>>80456946
Good ole arson spirit then. Thought if you want to go crazy try something like an anger spirit or something that causes them to burst into flames when they get mad. So it's not even their fault for starting the fires.
>>
>>80456861
So they basically get Pyrokinesis from the blue book plus Pychometry (it needs them touch the ashes of an object to use)
They control it, can snuff it, & can shoot it/spread it.
They still fight fire, but they also use it to fight monsters. They see it as mankinds best tool againstbthe darkness.
>>
>>80457012
>>
>>80443699
>Pugmire actually is more profitable than CofD and WOD
I need a source for this.
>>
>>80454398
>Changeling Persona
I want this.
>>
>>80453941
>>80453994
This looks absolutely God-awful.
And I say that as someone who bought the original Guide to the Technocracy.
>>
File: wq453e62jkrtne43.jpg (76 KB, 740x492)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Which system would be best to run a hunter game? I have a story plan (pic related) and I want to set it in oWoD but I was just wondering what the consensus on the "best" hunter system was
>>
>>80458746
>Which system would be best to run a hunter game?
vigil imo
>>
>>80457012
>>80456861
He is the write up.

The Volunteers (Mystery Cult)

>* Skill Speciality Firefighting
>** One dot of Safehouse (the Firehouse)
>*** Eye for the Strange
>**** Omen Sensitivity (Staring into the flames) OR Pychometry (can read auras from ashes as well as regular objects)
>***** Pyromancy (*** but can be upgraded to *****)
>>
>>80452707
I got some rough ideas for Drachid Kinfolk and Perks and such

Drachid
These Saurian Forms, derived from Gaia’s Own visions of what could be, like those Visions these Forms are upright, Gracile Bipeds, With appearances Ranging from armored to scaled to Feathered, While the great Stretch of History and the Blur of Memory has made most assume the Drachid to have been a Homogeneous Whole, this simply isn’t True, they came in as much Diversity as the Human Species before the Dominance of Homo Sapiens prevailed. Sub Variants are listed down below.
All Drachid have the Gnosis merit for Free as there is No Gauntlet in the Deep Time.
All Drachid Born Mokole Start with 4 Gnosis
All Drachid Bonuses Carry over into Reptoid form

Imbius
These Drachids are naturally Amphibious and Typically posses smooth scaled skin like those of aquatic Reptiles, but occasionally have armored Scuttes like Crocodiles or Primitive turtles. Their fingers and toes webbed, Legs are typically Plantigrade and when they have tails, they are usually tipped with a Paddle or fin.
Bonus: Can Swim with the same Ease as Land Movement

Tinad
The Drachids of this Variant are typically larger, either taller or Stockier then most, with Sturdy, powerful legs, ending often with Hooved toes, often insulated from damage with thick scales, boney plates or heavy Blubber
Bonus: 1 Point of Extra Soak in Drachid Form

Arenos
Often the Warriors Among Drachid Kind, they are often distinguished with heavy Teeth and Claws, typically possessing predatory Digitigrade legs and an imposing Predatory gaze, when Plumed its often Coarse and fierce looking
Bonus: can perform the Claw and Bite maneuvers In Drachid Form; each attack inflicts Strength +1 aggravated damage

Continued next post
>>
>>80459350
Nithic
Typically Smaller then most other Drachids with slighter frames, most Commonly Feathered, lighter in frame they often have Agile Digitgrade legs and are adept at Running, Climbing or Leaping and have Nimble Dexterous hands. Even the Non Plumed among them often have sleek aerodynamic forms.
Some Drachids of this Variant would one Day Give Rise to the Bird Kings the Mokole Speak of.
Bonus: multiply normal speed by 1.5.
Baseline Nithic
Walking 7 yds/turn 11
Jog 13 yds/turn 20
Run 20 yds/turn 30

Raspid
Among the More Mysterious Variants of the Drachid, they are often Marked with Fur and strange Multi Formed Teeth, many posses Mammary Glands and some even hatch eggs internally to carry in a Pouch, Often Looked Down Upon by others of their Kind, they are frequenly seen as Sneaks, Rogues and deceivers, the Bristle-Born Almost exclusivly use them as their Sole Chosen Drachid Folk. These Beings will one day Be the Fore-bearers of the Pouch Kings, that Give Rise to the Were-Marsulpials
Bonus: Rat Head: As the Fomori Power

Rites: Many Conventional Rites exist, But the Most Unique are also the Last Rites preformed by Drachid Mokole, The Rite of the Ape Kings, Converts a Mokole’s Drachid form into a Homid Form, this was Preformed by Former Dragon Kings who awoke from the Sleep of Ages to a world of Humans and Mammals, with no way to Sustain the Drachid, this Rite was Used to Transition to the New paradigm Gaia clearly intended. Some Rumor that the Right of Dragon’s Redemption, to Turn a Homid into a Drachid also exists, but only Rumor.

Continued next post
>>
>>80459359
Drachid Merits

Mnesis(7): [kinfolk only] This Dragon has access to Mnesis the same way as the Dragon Kings

Long Tail: the Drachid and Reptoid form has a long and useful Tail and can use it to Balance Gaining +1 on Mobility Checks, and access to the Tail Thrash Combat maneuver

Dragon magic(7): As the Merit Fox/Cat Magic

Dracarchid(6): The Drachid And Reptoid Form Expresses Archid Traits at Half the Gnosis Score’s Value to a minimum of 2

Twice beast(5): Possess Both a Saurid and Suchid form, often acting as a Diplomatic Bridge between two Streams as a Result

Vizier(3): [kinfolk only] you are a valued Vizire to a Powerful Dragon King, Granting you prestige far above the typical station of your people, Gain -3 difficulty to all Social Rolls with Dragon Kings

Flaws

Suchid(+2): instead of the mighty Saurid Form, you of a low born Suchid Bloodline, that of a Crocodile, lizard, Snake or Turtle, though often Mighty in their own Right, the Saurid Kings will often look town upon you +2 difficulty for all social Rolls with Saurid Dragon Kings.

Lowborn(+3): you are not from one of the Royal Lineages, having Risen from the Ranks of Commoners, and seen as Sullying the name of the Dragon Kings with your Peasant’s Blood +3 Difficulty to social rolls most other dragon kings

Blood Drinker(+7): [Kinfolk Only] a curse is upon you, The Sun Scorns you and you hunger for Blood, and you are hated and hunted by most who know of your existence, you do not know the origins of this curse or if there is a cure, or even if you want one. Apply Vampire Character Templates as deemed Appropriate by the Storyteller
>>
>>80438504
Wasn't one of the founding legends of Rome the story of Romulus and Remus, the kids nursed by a she-wolf?
>>
If WoD were a cartoon, what would its closest equivalent be? Rick & Morty?
>>
>>80460398
Gargoyles
>>
>>80460398
Big Mouth
>>
>>80460398
Moral Oral
>>
>>80460420
Seconding Gargoyles
>>
>>80460398
Flapjack
>>
Is there any digital tool for CofD2, similar to Vault of Darkness?
>>
>>80453546
I'm not a manlet, just of average hight for my ethnic group.
>>
>>80461497
If you're under six feet, you're a manlet.
>>
>>80460398
Ugly Americans
>>
>>80454065
>Requiem
No. It's boring and no one cares.
>Changeling the Lost
Good idea.
>>
Why do people care about CtD now? They didn't 20 years ago, so it got cancelled, but now, when there is a superior game like CtL around, they suddenly like Dreaming?
>>
>>80461684
They don't. It's just some stupid not!hedgefag. Ignore him.
>>
>>80461684
It's mostly one weeb who didn't like losts lower power level and then latched on to dreaming.
>>
>>80461684
>CtL
>superior
No. CtL might have CofD mechanics but everything in that game is far more boring than a fraction of what you can get up to in CtD.
>Why are people liking CtD now?
Because the anniversary edition came out and included Dark Ages fae rules in it too. The only bad thing CtD20 did was nerf Hsien and Slivers, the rest is fun and good.

I don't want to play a faerie game where my claim to fame was being pissed on by Tiputa Toolie The Gnome Most Ghoulie. I want to play a faerie game where I can actually do cool shit.
>>
>>80461712
>>80461910
I guess this is him? >>80462170
>>
File: 1537641601886.jpg (332 KB, 1242x1878)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>80462245
>only one person likes CtD rather than rape-victim simulator
>>
>There's more than one fan of Otherkin: the Glamourbombing
>>
>>80461684
Because Dreaming is fun for some people. It's not hard. Why do people really love edition warring Changeling? We should be teaming up against Magekeks
>>
>>80462305
I imagine a lot of posters here just want Hedgefag to respond to them.
>>
>>80462350
It's really obnoxious, because I know for a fact all the people that desperately hassle Hedgefag never respond to his homebrew or give him a reason to hang around other than to inflict their lust onto him.

Same with that Dreaminganon who had those huge maps and an incredibly meticulous set of homebrew that, surprise surprise, no one responds to because unless it's fucking bait or "what would X be in world of darkness", no one gives a shit.

I'm really glad all the homebrewers left this shit pile because none of you little virgins deserve it.
>>
File: 1544751922660.jpg (224 KB, 862x1920)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>80461684
CtD is fun, but guess what... so is CtL.

You don't have to piss in other peoples fruit loops.

Let people like things you knucklefuck.
>>
File: 1606162158136.jpg (2.63 MB, 4000x3614)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>80462305
>We should be teaming up against Magekeks
100%
>>
>>80462170
>I want to play a faerie game where I can actually do cool shit.
But you can do everything from dreaming in lost, and even more. The only reason to use one over the other is how dark you want the game to be, and how dangerous freeform powers should be.
>>
File: HFDL.png (1.01 MB, 973x554)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>80462399
>>
>>80462170
Lost is actually pretty great as a concept. The Fae are creepier/stranger too. Actually alien. Living stories. Dreaming just feels like Otherkin: The Game to me.
>>
Mages are entirely theoretical gamers. They don't play in voice games, in person games, play by posts or M.U.S.H. They play in "Nasuverse vs Awakening" Spacebattles threads and further convince the rest of the planet that Mages are mental detritus and require a huge level of narcissism inversely proportional to your own intelligence.

Vampires, Changelings, Werewolves, Mummies, Demons, Geists, Wraiths and even Beasts all actually play their games to have fun. Mages will never ever know what it's like to play a game where you have fun.
>>
>>80462473
Yeah, I get ya.

Vampire just feels like vampire club kids culture, werewolf is just furry the game, and Wraith players just want to kill themselves!
>>
>>80462478
>Nasuverse vs Awakening
How would that even play out
>>
>>80436323
in 2e they have "normal" emotions plus of course, doses of competitiveness, wantonness and beastliness from the Beast.

Emotionless protags in a fucking horror game was the most retarded idea I've seen in awhile
>>
>>80462514
Daeva are so emotional they're the easiest subsplat to manipulate, even for a mortal
>>
>>80462282
Heh nice. The way CtL's fans are so self righteous about their rape victim simulator is unreal and annoying. (not an owod fan, just saying)
>>
>>80462473
I personally prefer Dreaming. Strange nightmares and wonder, old oaths and the grittiness of World of Darkness resonate a lot stronger to me than Lost. Lost's themes are very entrenched in victimhood and contrivances for enforcing said victimhood.
>>
>>80462523
Daeva are like ducks. Will imprint on you when they feed.
>>
>>80458746
Mechanics: Vigil
Powers: Reckoning (I find endowments cringy as hell and flavor ruining, and I know of no one who praises tactics)
Lore: No real opinion
>>
>>80456700
Does he have any rules or is it just another soulless lore rewrite because he was raped by a beast?
>>
>>80458746
Hunter the Vigil. Speaking as an OWoD fan, Reckoning Hunters are fucking losers. Shih are alright but too specific and Task Force X is janked to fuck. Hunters Hunted II can actually be quite fun but Vigil as a game accommodates Hunting a lot better.
>>
>>80462529
>Lost's themes are very entrenched in victimhood and contrivances for enforcing said victimhood
Eh, not always. Objectively, yes, but sometimes you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a focus, but it's not mandatory in my games. We've ran werewolves getting plucked into Arcadia, then escaping.
>>
>>80452662
This simply isn't possible, but its not for any of the reasons that come up around here: its because Vampire STs are addicted to self inserting as the Prince, who is probably a faggy aristocrat in a nightclub, being unassailable, and if vampires can reverse time or summon sunlight or whatever, you can't have modern Vampire (VtR/VtM)'s anti-punk mindset of "authority figures are unassailable and you should do whatever they say."

In fiction vampires or mages being stronger than the other are about equally common, if they're not the same thing
>>
>>80446151
No. Overfeeding, making lots of ghouls, spending vitae unnecessarily, conducting embraces, etc. can all raise it
>>
>>80444007
Elaborate
>>
File: vampirememe.jpg (64 KB, 500x433)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Could a Tzimisce mind control/thrall a person, shapeshift themselves into a worm thing and live inside of the person, thus being able to traverse the world even in sunlight.
>>
>>80462584
He was refferencing Dark Souls. Ignore him.
>>
>>80462597
I had a tzimisce that turned himself into a liquid form and snuggled up between his gf's legs while outside, anyway
>>
File: 1626690098812.jpg (248 KB, 868x1228)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>80462370
Nu/tg/ hates creativity and homebrews as a whole.
Almost as much as the official discords. I even got banned there after posting some homebrew contract.
>>
>>80462720
Yeah has anyone noticed how fucking schizo some of the big discords are to homebrew? At best they don't want to engage and at worst you get plenty of people saying "Wow that's great for YOUR table" and then go onto say why your homebrew is shit or unthematic. And you can't really defend yourself because everyone latches on and thinks you've got an ego or something if you don't just roll over and accept some out of touch chumps mercilessly ripping you apart to satisfy their own hollow lives.
>>
File: 1625485140133.jpg (189 KB, 763x800)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>80462750
Oh no, i got banned because it led to a several hour long discussion of the use of Cock and ball torture during combat, and how much penalties testicular torsion should give on rolls. There was a heated argument with around 5 people.

And all the contract did was tangle two things or make knots into them (shoe laces, ropes, tonggues, etc. but ofc someone wanted to knot testicles or twist them around each other)
>>
>>80461684
20th fixed a lot.

>>80462542
That anon is trying to do some mechanics like Malaise.
>>
>>80462988
Whoops, wrong thread lmao
>>
>>80441625
It'll have a vagina if you ever bumped into it.
>>
>>80462931
Cool
>>
>>80462904
You deserve it
>>
>>80462720
>Nu/tg/ hates creativity and homebrews as a whole.
nu/tg/ doesn't play any games.
>>
>>80463873
No one here plays games.
>>
>>80463884
I like to hold out hope that they do.
>>
>>80463896
Then keep wasting your time.
>>
>>80463919
Nah, I like to think there's a small number of people playing games.
>>
>>80463931
With how retarded these threads become, I doubt it.
>>
>>80463944
People can't help but take the bait. That's their fault.
>>
>>80463962
No, you can blame them for being retarded. They shit up good threads.
>>
>>80463968
Just report them, not that hard to do.
>>
>>80463979
Literally no point in wasting the effort.
>>
>>80463988
Then it's your fault for not trying to salvage these threads
>>
>>80462536
>I find endowments cringy as hell and flavor ruining
Explain? I kinda can't see how, especially if you're into HtR powers.

> I know of no one who praises tactics
1e was jank, 2e tactics looked really great though.
>>
>>80464061
People deride Reckoning as hunters with superpowers... but all the Vigil hunters I've seen had superpowers too, except the ones I made for a very brief apocalyptic game.

The superpowers in Reckoning start very minimalistic: allowing an avenger to strike gaseous/incorporeal foes, a defender to do the classic "repel monsters with a crucifix" thing to protect civilians or what not, a judge to immobilize a monster to receive judgment (or more importantly, to exorcise people), an innocent to hide so that he can continue to observe what monsters are like, a martyr to hit monsters hard at the expense of his well being, and the others are a bit more subtle and hard to summarize concisely.

Like in VtR 2e the level 1 powers aren't necessarily weak by any means, they're instead the basic necessities for the hunt, at least in some cases, and are focused on the PCs' passions and motives.

Vigil hunters have powers based off the (often shady) conspiracy they've joined, and generally their motives are based off the conspiracy they've joined, but to summarize, there's psychic detective powers (I kinda like VASCU so they get a pass, & they remind me more of Hunters Hunted than the Freak Legion feel of most hunters), powers from actual Satan (which... is an okay archetype but really should have been part of Inferno, not part of Hunter, imo), papist wizardry (wtf?), toxic potions (okay I guess), and becoming a frankenstein of different monster parts.

in every single chronicle I've seen except the one I played in, the PCs motives centered around those of the conspiracy, and yes I absolutely get that by joining a conspiracy they're trading some liberty for power, and that the conspiracy will probably blow their brains out if they don't toe the party line, but it still generally gives the impression of hunters as hollow conspiracy puppets, more like the baddies in Devoted than any kind of sympathetic or relatable protagonists.
>>
>>80462561
This is almost good bait.
>>
>>80464227
Anyway: in Reckoning, I feel like they give you the powers to cover the basics of what you need to be a hunter: seeing invisible monsters, protection against mind control, from being cast into another realm (I think this was in the Hunter STG, don't quote me on that), and in the case of those who can spare a dot of Zeal, a way to attack insubstantial monsters or to exorcise them from someone's body.

Endowments aren't at all focused on covering the essentials first, and seem pretty random to me. they don't usually have anything to let them hit insubstantial monsters, to resist being made a vampire's flunky, etc. they generally let you do random things, better. in general, Vigil has a very low focus on giving hunters the tools to fight monsters specifically, and mostly on an eclectic grab bag of stuff that would help just as well against mortals.

One can say "just make people play T1 and T2." Well, that's not what I see people stoked to play, and its mechanically dull as hell. There are tactics, but the entire group can use one per scene period, and for them to be usable, you need to coordinate your character builds to a degree you frankly don't see in cofd.

In any case, Vigil feels like sort of a Freak Legion, Demon Hunter X, and a little Hunters Hunted kinda book. The only real appeal for me to use Hunter at all is so you can face off against other cofd monsters, because I don't see any mechanical depth in their creatures or much interesting about the system to be used on its own.
>>
>>80464227
Are conspiracy tier hunter games all that common?

I've played in 5 htv games and gm'd 2. Only one of which involved conspiracies. Two of them were involved with the compact tier, but the rest were all just the local bowling team telling our wives that we were going bowling except instead of knocking over pins, we knocked over vampire kingpins or whatever
>>
>>80464298
If I wanted to fix Vigil, I'd give Endowments some sort of progression so that all hunters can do the very basic shit (with TFV having weak dominate protection glasses, ecto bullets, twilight sensing glasses, and a vitae draining gun, you actually have a pretty good set of powers right there). I'd have the low level ones be strong and useful like in Requiem, but for basic angles of confronting monsters so that you can stand a chance. I'd have stuff like "you summon a demon from hell," "you are immune to all conditions and tilts," "you can mind control people," probably be higher level. I might even just have it focus on Bygones and make the conspiracies specializations thereof, so that you can actually focus on individual hunters first, and faceless goons of world spanning illuminati groups second.
>>
>>80464227
The best thing to do is divorce endowment from conspiracies. Literally anyone could be Lucifurge, a Union guy could be making pipebombs & Advanced Armory stuff in his garage, a fucked up Veterinarian could be chopping up monsters & making them part of himself. A Null Mysteries getting tied up in God Machine stuff & learning the tattoo powers of the Knights of Saint Adrian. A girl who inherited her grandmother's antique shop & got a stockpile of Relics. A local preacher who found his sermons empowered by God doesnt need to be part of the Catholic hammer clerics

I had a person play a hobo who ate monsters so I let them gain the monster eating endowment from Mortal Remains. As long as there is a good reason for it, do whatever you want.
>>
>>80464325
They get the most commentary other than (discussion on Ashwood Abbey raping and murdering everything in sight) and I see people wanting to play them the most anyway (100% of the time as far as people in my games).
>>
>>80464227
>>80464298
>>80464365
>>80464469
Well said and you make some good points, anon. HtV does seem to go from "Guys with shotguns" to "HOLY FUCK I'M PUTTING MONSTER PARTS INTO MYSELF FOR SUPERPOWERS" without a good transition, and it does undermine the core premise of the game (humans v monsters).

I do think that Tactics, at least, got a very good overhaul in HtV 2e.
>>
>>80463536
>>80462931
>>80462542
>>80456700
I'm still around, people just never gave me much in the way of feedback so I stopped posting. Sorry guys but nutg just doesnt care about homebrew
>>
>>80464524
The mistake you're making here is that there has to be a transition at all. You're not exactly expected to work through the tiers for every Chronicle. None of it is really built to facilitate that.
>>
>>80464524
Another thing is to have the conspiracies approach the players naturally. Like, say one of your Hunters gets hurt really, really bad. You get them to a hospital & they are in traction for days healing Agg. During that time some dudes in suits start flocking around them, talking to the Hunter's wife about experimental treatments & such. Maybe they offer to not just heal him, but make him better too. Just sign on the dotted line...

Now the Hunter has the heart of a Uratha & flights like a champion, but has horrible bouts of anger. He doesnt exactly know what theyve done to him so he goes to investigate. Learns about Cheiron Group & they offer to initiate him help him control & regulate that werewolf heart they stitched into him, all he has to do is maybe poke around on a mission of theirs first...
>>
>>80464526
You don't have to say sorry.
>>
Thread is autosaging... is someone gonna make a new one?
>>
>>80464694
here you go.
>>80464716
>>
>>80464524
Thanks. And yeah I like the look of 2e tactics, I am going to play a hunter that hews to what I see as the strengths of Vigil sometime, and have briefed on my friends on how to make good tactical hunters and so on. But I still plan on carefully making a list of what uses what and which PC should get which attributes+abilities, as I certainly can't keep that in mind off the top of my head
>>
>>80464617
Of course hunters don't have to be relatable or human-like protagonists but I think he meant transitioning between the two for the sake of portraying someone going from "take back the night" to "put this psycho killer's brain cancer inside my brain so I can become a psycho killer too, right next to where I put the werewolf brain" as a 3D-ish character.

Cheiron is my personal favorite conspiracy, since they're hunters with grotesque monster parts grafted onto them, just as hunter is a game with two, largely unrelated tones (the "Average Joes" taking back the night, which I have never seen, and the Freak Legion side) stapled together.
>>
>>80464892
>Of course hunters don't have to be relatable or human-like protagonists
I didn't say anything remotely like that.
>>
>>80462478
No they're not. I'm playing in a Mage game right now on Discord!

A couple of days ago, I cut a velociraptor in half after an Etherite accidentally opened a portal to the movie dimension and a few velociraptors from Jurassic Park came out (Greatswords are OP as fuck, I didn't even have to use magick other than buffing my Strength and Dexterity to 5 every day), while another party member went full Disney Princess on them and turned one into her pet with Mind magick.
>>
TQ:
I once made a Shadowrun campaign in which the players discovered vampires had always been there, before the return of metahumans... and then I tied it all up to oWoD.
Was a bit silly and campy, but enjoyable.
To this day, I still want to use again that creepy tranhumanist Tzimisce working toward space conquest for vampires (complete with humans turned into plant-like blood walls, the development of radiation-resistant vicissitude transformations, short term mission vehicles that need not accomodate for breathing...), but I never really find the occasion.
>>
>>80459369
>>80459359
>>80459350
These all sound great to me. Dragon Magic also sounds fun and I like the touch of optional vampire crossover.
>>
>>80462399
He finally moved off tumblr to his own site a couple months ago. https://liartownusa.com/
>>
>>80442867
What about the Caribbean races? Where did early Island spics come from?
>>
>>80462529
>Lost's themes are very entrenched in victimhood and contrivances for enforcing said victimhood.
Say people who fundamentally misunderstand the system.
>>
Why do the revised pdfs llok lome they were scanned with a cheap ass scanner?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.