[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 123.jpg (390 KB, 1551x953)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>going out of their way murder the online 40k fandom and make sure it never comes back
How could one company possibly be this based? All is forgiven, GW.
>>
>>80432877
Exceedingly based.
I shit on Alfabusa and if the emperor had a reddit account.
>>
>>80432877
>people like our product so much they are making fanmade content. Its basically Iike free advertising!
>SHUT.IT.IDOWN
>>
Cartoonishly unenforcable and frivolous, do they even have lawyers if they're this ignorant?
>>
>>80433109
They’re signaling to people who oppose intellectual property (communists) that they will not be missed :^)
>>
>>80432877
Will Baldermort be ok? He’s such a nice guy and I enjoy his comfy stories.
>>
>>80433081
This is some serious projection anon.
>>
>>80433081
Meds, take them
>>
>>80433121

Ok? Intellectual property covers for-profit usage of an IP, not fanfiction and parody.
>>
>>80433109
It's perfectly enforceable (contrary to what YouTubers may tell you, free use doesn't apply to 90% of what they put up; companies just don't usually see it as worth it bother taking down), and even if it weren't, exactly no one is going to lawyer up over it.
>>
File: 1401674885398.gif (378 KB, 550x600)
378 KB
378 KB GIF
Look gaiz im posting illegal fanimations ooOOooh

So is this the death of TTS?
>>
>>80432877
Thats it i fucking quit
>>
>>80433109
>unenforcable
They get shit pulled all the time.

Legality does not matter, only the pressure the company is able to apply.
>>
>>80433183
Yeah most likely and the death of all fan animations that were in the works.
>>
>>80432877
Can those guys legally do that? What about parody? Fair use? Satire?
>>
>>80433109
Of course its enforceable. Nobody is going to be putting out professional quality work like Astartes if they can't monetize their work and can only publish it on some meme youtube knockoff that was made to host nazi content
>>
>>80433202

And you can unpull frivolous takedowns pretty easily. It's a pain in the ass, but youtube does alert a human if you flag their stupid auto-takedown system as wrong.
>>
>>80432877
Unironically why. Fan animations and things like that just serve to advertise your IP and bring new fans. Warhammer+ is not going to bring any new fans. Does GW hate money?
>>
>>80433183
If Gw take that down I’ll buy one hundred Dominion boxes.
>>
>>80433178
>free use
Fair use.

Free use is when I leave your mum tied up bent over naked to a public drinking fountain and put a sign up that says "Public Toilet"
>>
>>80433178
Teletubbies sued Newgrounds over a parody video and lost.

I'm not sure how it works but it looks like a complicated area.
>>
>>80433227
GW doesn't give a fuck. It will just drag you to court as many times as it can until you drop doing anything with their IP out of pure disgust.
>>
>>80433255
>Does GW hate money?
Post industry leading miniature wargaming company.
>>
>>80433241
You can try, but history has proven that a company aggressively pulling shit down tends to win in the end. For example, shapeways has 40k files pulled all the time, even if the files in questions are not 1-to-1 copies of existing models
>>
>>80433227
They will probably just strike every youtube video and I don't think any youtube creator will take this to court..
>>
>>80433266
>>80433281
Newgrounds >>>>>> Youtube
>>
>>80433135
>>80433140
>>80433157
Why are there always 3 replies from sigmarxism? Your discord raiding is blatant.

Go look around at lefty Warhammer communities. They hate the new IP update. It’s not about whether GW can legally enforce anything. It’s that lefty types are culturally opposed to this sort of crack down.

Good riddance.
>>
Heres hoping TTS just moves to another platform. Outside of youtube's corporate centric takedown policy, trying to send cease and desists to parodies isn't going to work.
>>
>>80433302
>Go look around at lefty Warhammer communities. They hate the new IP update. It’s not about whether GW can legally enforce anything. It’s that lefty types are culturally opposed to this sort of crack down.
Lefties like to drink water, should we stop drinking water too?
>>
>>80433302
Right wing 40k communities hate this update. Anyone who actually likes 40k hates it.
>>
>>80433318
Hopefuly Newgrounds
>>
>>80433322
I only drink Brawndo. It's what plants crave. Its got electrolytes!
>>
>>80433334
/tg/ is just pretending to like it because they're bitter contrarians.
>>
>>80433302
Confirmed this is a sigmarxist falseflagger
>>
>>80432877
I'm still writing my fanfiction warhammer shit. You can't stop me.
>>
>>80433121
Thinking only communists oppose the current implimentation of IP is the most jewish thing I've heard all day.
And I spent 4 hours in a bank this afternoon.
>>
>>80433302
The fuck is sigmarxism?

God I hate that the name Sigmar has been smeared by this AoS crap, he's pretty cool in the actual setting he's from before they pulled concept dihorea on the leftovers from Kirby's greatest fuck you to the company's IPs.
>>
>>80433322
If it would reliably kill off all the lefties I would strongly consider it.
>>
>>80433081
>Leftists
>Making anything
BUZZZZZZT! DECONSTRUCTION! BUZZZZ CRITICAL THEORY!
>>
>>80433371
Killing yourself through dehydratation will hurt the lefties? Holy reading comprehension, Batman!
>>
>>80433371
Came here to post this.
>>
>>80433371
If you stop drinking water you will make all the lefties disapear from your life in less than one week anon.
>>
File: gamesworkshopfinancials.jpg (461 KB, 1802x1224)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>80433255
Does it? Anyone who had any interest in tabletop gaming already knows what Warhammer is.I don't think many people are going to be drawn into such a niche and expensive hobby just because they like one setting's lore.

It's overwhelmingly more likely that such a person would just buy more video games or novels, maybe skim the army books and RPG books if they're relatively hardcore (said books are so freely available, partly thanks to this website, that 4chan pdfs are first-page Google results for many of them). And, harsh as it may sound, from GW's perspective these people do not matter. Secondaries almost certainly outnumber primaries by a good margin, but they're responsible for less than 20% of all GW's revenue (pic related). Only the people who spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on models are relevant to decision making, and they're not likely to stop buying just because fan animations got shut down.
>>
>>80433371
Well, I'm sure you're not seeing a single lefty ever again after it's done. Do it, anon.
>>
>>80433281
>>80433178
>>80433227
>>80433267
I won't even touch on de jure, but it's completely unenforcable de facto without completely annihilating your brand image, fanbase, and ability to have word-of-mouth promotion. Nintendo, one of the most litigious companies in the WORLD when it comes to their IP to the point they've sued over the SOUND OF PICKING UP A COIN being too close to their "iconic" coin-pick-up-sound, doesn't have IP enforcement this harsh. DISNEY doesn't have IP enforcement this harsh, and they're literally the reason draconian IP laws EXIST. This is GW trying to make Icarus look like a chump. It's a Bezos wagie cagie moment.
>>
>reddit is full of freak leftists
>/tg/ is ruined by a handful of unemployed schizophrenics who spend 18 hours a day shitting up every thread with their complaints about leftists
Where can I discuss 40k?
>>
>>80433266
Parody is different. A lot of the Warhammer animations are straight fan films aping intellectual property. The more comparable case is those high-budget Star Trek fan films and series getting BTFO by Paramount's lawyers. For example:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/1/5/14181534/star-trek-fan-film-copyright-lawsuit-paramount

TTS might be safe (if the creator doesn't buckle under the first copyright strike or cease-and-desist, as he probably will) but something like Astartes would absolutely not hold up.
>>
>>80433432
With your real life friend group
>>
>>80433414
Forsaking the fans that give 20% of your revenue to fuel a shitty streaming service sounds like terrible business decision.
>>
>>80433414
Makes sense they started the old world in 2019 after seeing their revenue.
They probably were looking everywhere for ways to easily expand with all that money.
>>
>>80433371
Based hunger striker.
>>
>>80433432
I’m not a schizophrenic I’m wealthy and don’t have to work and love warhammer. Would you people rather I spent millions on political bullshit that will have a real impact instead of enjoying Warhammer and whining about how colored people and troons ruin it?
>>
>>80433432
somewhere where they actually play the game

so not here at least
>>
>>80433427
A point I forgot; GW isn't Disney; they have a good revenue stream, but the number of suits they'll need to keep this bullshit enforced realistically if they're going to go full chaingun mode like the /v/edditors in this thread hope they will would bleed their quarterlies.
>>80433445
It objectively is, especially for the corporate model, but it's also very on-brand for GW to make a myopic decision like this.
>>
>>80433127
I like Baldermort too, I really hope they leave him alone. Do 15 minutes of fan fiction count in their new rules?
>>
>>80433368
Far-left wing warhammer subreddit (40k, WHFB, AOS). And that's not 4chan hyperbole, they quite literally are communists over there and they ban anyone with a moderate or right-wing take on anything.
>>
>>80433427
Your error is assuming general opinion matters. GW isn't a video game, film, or television company and the IP isn't owned by Creative Assembly, Fatshark, or Fantasy Flight Games. They do not rely on mass appeal at all. 80% of their revenue comes from a small self-selected group,* and within said group it's very likely that an even tinier group of whales provide more the rest combined (as is the case for other devoted hobbyists like gamblers or purchasers of video game DLC). As long as that tiny group is kept placated they can do whatever they want.>>80433414

*If you assume the average player spends perhaps low hundreds of dollars per year on the hobby, and considering GW revenue without licensed products consistently hovered around 100 million pounds a year before 2017, and further considering that such hobbyists are disproportionately likely to stay committed, that would imply on average low hundreds of thousands of players. This matches vague estimates I've found online. By contrast TWW2 alone sold, what, 4 million copies?
>>
>>80433302
I think this is something were lefties and righties can agree... nope... that will never happen...

a common sense agreement between the extremes... utterly impossible...
>>
>>80433529
From hells heart I stab at thee
>>
>>80433445
Except you are basing the fact those kind of decision are made by human with logic who know their fanbase when those decision are made by suit who barely know what warhammer is and just look at an excel spreadsheet.
>>
>>80432877
Why are GW so autistic? Half the shit is so obvious I dont understand why they'd feel the need to say it (no shit you don't want people pirating your audio books), the the other half is so unenforceable and such a batshit insane bad idea to try enforcing for a brand that I wonder did no one at GW's legal or marketing departments say this was a bad idea to put on a customer facing website? Do they realise IP law doesn't work like a list of rules for their forum?
>>
>>80433513
Why would you have a a right wing take on whether to use agrax or nuln oil on your model?
>>
>>80433519
Whales need the 80% to lord over, anon. That is part of the placation method. That's why MMOs that have free-to-play make sure that yes, the whales get bullshit that lets them stomp the fuck out of the peasants, but the peasants can still have an enjoyable experience. If the peasants leave, the whales just have other whales in the group, which isn't psychologically satisfying for the whales, so they'll move on.
If GW is fine regressing into an actual pure model company that basically just sells elaborate resin paperweights (and also going from being a corporation to a company), then this would make perfect sense, but doing this will quash their ability to draw in new whales to replace the old ones and doom them to irrelevance. Thinking that GW can keep on going indefinitely on sheer inertia when they actively do things to kill said inertia requires extreme ignorance to economic realities.
>>
>>80433556
They want their fans to turn people in for them.
>>
I think you all are missing the point, it would be self-destructive and impractical to remove every fan animation. This is to give them cover to remove specific ones that they see as competitors to WH+ or think are hurting their image
>>
File: fatjannie.png (18 KB, 644x644)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>80432877
>If you see anything that you're worried about or think that we should know about then drop us an email at infrigements@gwplc.com. We appreciate your support.
Oh my fucking god this is hilarious.
>>
>>80433593
>/v/irgin gives his take on the financials of a model company
>>
>>80433371
>the absolute state of rightoids
You'd shoot yourself in the head if /pol/ told you it would piss of the lefties
>>
>>80433568

I meant in general, not every little minute detail. I'm sure you could slide by only commenting on art posts.
>>
>>80432877
Largely don't see how that one is enforceable. Though I suppose that relies on YouTube actually looking into the copyright strikes and not just accepting them at face value at first.
>>
>>80433568
Sigmarxism is quite literally run by actual communists and other related ilk. Saying anything bad about Marx, Marxists, Marxism, or participating in "bad" subreddits would get you banned.
>>
File: 786487432.jpg (33 KB, 1019x181)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Don't forget that fanartists are fucked too. Anyone with a Patreon account is screwed.
>>
>>80433625
I literally know people that report copyright infringements for fun, mostly on youtube.
Personality wise they're huge assholes, the shitposting kind.
>>
>>80433821
>a bunch of people I hate and don't want to interact with won't let me interact with them
Praying for you
>>
>>80432944
>Alfabusa
I love his content despite being a leftist faggot irl
>>
>>80433992
Yes, that's absolutely what I was saying and you are definitely not a retarded faggot.
>>
>>80433081
>This is actually good because it makes all of the leftists, troons, and coloreds leave of their own volition
I fucking wish

>kill Team box with the mosr based factions
While true Im not going to support these anglo kikes who keep shitting on ppl who like their shit
>>
>>80433121
>intellectual property
>anti commie
>not anti competitve
All ideas are based off of others. If I can make something cool from something you made, fuck you im gunna sell it and make money anyway.

If your shit is so good compete
>>
>>80433227
Videos that are a parody (like TTS) and those that do not monetized or bring profit (like Helsreach or now AbsolutelyNothing's videos) fall under Fair Use.
>>
>>80433127
They couldn't touch the bloke. His stories are way better than theirs anyway
>>
>>80433874
Well these make sense
>Not be prejudicial to the goodwill, integrity, reputation or integrity of Games Workshop.
Aaand they couldn't help themselves, could they?
>>
>raping their own brand image as hard as possible
so who thought this was a good move?
>>
>>80434092
I agree. But the point was that it makes shitty assholes like you fuck off out of my hobby while I continue to not care and enjoy GW products.
>>
>>80434136
Schizo post
>>
>>80434164
They’re only ruining their brand image for people who thought “you will not be missed” was a good strategy. Real Warhammer fans are fine with fewer normies shitting around because you people fucking suck. Get out.
>>
>>80433568
Not using a Great Unclean One model as your dilator = a right wing take on models
>>
>>80433302
This isn't a lefty issue, nigger. Or are you secretly a communist and imply that rightoids love cuckcorp boot?
>>
>>80432877
Maybe they can enforce this shit in britland but absolutely not in murika thanks to fair use laws n shit
>>
>>80433568
Its noat about the game itself
Its a bunch of spergs that complain daily about how the imperium is facist and how humanity would be better getting killed and raped by daemons

Its literaly heretic roleplaying
>>
>>80433348
you say it assuming /tg/ likes 40k
>>
>>80434186
You will never enjoy GW products.
>>
>>80434636
I'm pretty sure they can still hit sites like Youtube and force them to take it down like how Hasbro defends their IPs.
>>
>>80434041
Same, until it started bleeding over
>>
>>80435868
How did it start bleeding over?
>>
File: 1524141249262.png (271 KB, 400x474)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>80432877
That's the geedubs I know! Doing something completely retarded in blind search for money!
>>
>>80433371
>Dying of dehydration to own the leftists
Based
>>
repostan
>shitty models
>shitty art
>shitty policies
>shitty rules
>shitty settings
>shitty fluff
>pozzed lefty sjws
All of this has been true from day 1. Fuck games workshop.
>>
>>80433943
>Personality wise they're huge assholes, the shitposting kind.
Well that's not a surprise as I doubt anyone would do it out of thinking that Brand is right
>>
>>80432877
I just struggle think of a way this benefits them unless there's some films coming the pipeline they think it'll compete with.
>>
File: Wojack #56420.png (237 KB, 785x731)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>80432877
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROUNDTREE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BASED,
>>
>>80435868
it started bleeding over?
>t. stopped watching him forever ago
>>
>>80436522
This is another way of saying "before it became popular". "Gatekeepers" are just right-wing hipsters.
>>
>>80436522
It really didn't. The most we've had of leftist bleedover was another "Custodes gay" joke, this time with a Custodes dreadnought seducing a bunch of Skitarii.
>>
>>80433874
>This includes all forms of fundraising activity
>Not be prejudicial to the goodwill, reputation or integrity of Games Workshop or its intellectual property
While the rest are basically no-brainers, these two are going to be harder to enforce, because what the fuck will prejudicial mean to Games Workshop? And as for fundraising activity, if we're talking Patreon for example, the artist isn't being paid to make those works, and it may well be a side bit not related to their fundraising needs: Having a youtube channel talking about table top miniature wargames for example, with the art only being a side thing.
It's one of those things that's case by case if you look at it from a reasonable standpoint, but GW are not only a corporation, but one well know for being massively greedy. In fact, Games Workshop have shown LESS "goodwill" and "integrity" to their own IP than anybody else has.
>>
>>80433434
Axanar was a unique situation, they weren't just shut down for making a fan film that was too good. It was more that they were abusing lax fan content creation rules to underhandly finance the creation of a whole professional level studio.
>>
>mmmm daddy
>step on me more
The fucks supporting this are worth less than shit on the bottom of boots.
>>
>>80436599
>Games Workshop have shown LESS "goodwill" and "integrity" to their own IP than anybody else has.
Honestly the biggest separator between GW and Nintendo, as far as policy goes.
>>
>>80436599
Yeah, the fanbase legitimately gives more of a shit about GW's lore and games than they do.
>>80436685
This policy is legitimately MORE draconian than Nintendo.
>>
>>80436685
Nintendo I give a little more room because unlike GW, Nintendo IPs are by and large aimed at small children, which means not wanting pictures of Mario sucking Luigi's 6 inch cock all over the internet is fair game if you ask me.
>>
>>80433362
This, the IP law shitters like disney has forced upon the world is only tasteful to boot lickers.
>>
>>80436851
Addendum:
In before that fucking 40kids adventure book, I swear to God!
>>
I really don't care about this at all. I never watched any of the faggot text to speech type shit anyway.
>>
File: 1522624405476.png (481 KB, 852x476)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
>>80432877
>provides an email address
>>
the astartes animation was fantastic the others I understand but not animation.
animation is an absolute must in fan interaction cuz it opens the world in creative ways
>>
>>80433322
Yes. Real men (right wing men) only drink monster and bangs.
>>
>>80433121
intellectual property is a spook
>>
>>80432877
>>80432944
>based
Stick to being whiny beta cucks over at >>>/pol/, you're both below redditors.
>>
>>80438677
I'm the opposite of /pol/, I despise 40k and everyone who plays it
>>
>>80437535
Nothing bad will come from it because 85% of /tg/ is transgender leftist redditfugees
>>
>>80432877
They're just mad that one dude made a short film infinitely better than Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie. And he didn't even use Primaris.
>>
>>80436851
>Nintendo IPs are by and large aimed at small children, which means not wanting pictures of Mario sucking Luigi's 6 inch cock all over the internet is fair game if you ask me.
I have to wonder how their board of directors feels about the whole Bowsette thing
>>
>>80433427
They already sued a woman for using the term "space marine" in a children's book.
>>
>>80433414
>Secondaries almost certainly outnumber primaries by a good margin, but they're responsible for less than 20% of all GW's revenue (pic related). Only the people who spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on models are relevant to decision making, and they're not likely to stop buying just because fan animations got shut down.
I think that's overlooking the fact that the intended audience for the streaming service are almost certainly going to be the secondaries. The guys spending thousands on minis aren't likely to spend thousands more on a streaming subscription. GW making a streaming service rather suggests that they ARE trying to draw in large numbers of those secondary's to expand that 20% of revenue.

Which is where this all ends up looking self-defeating to me. Those fan animations drawing in millions of views were guaranteed to have benefited GW by providing free advertising. Taking down the fan animations and sticking them all on the streaming service is a crap shoot that will only pay off if GW can make Warhammer+ take off. Which seems a bit dubious considering how much the fan stuff ended up outshining them.
>>
>>80438677
Dilate.
>>
>>80433414
>270 million in revenue
>16 million in royalties
>20%
>>
>>80439125
It's japan. You know they had some intern save all that art.
>>
>>80433414
>Anyone who had any interest in tabletop gaming already knows what Warhammer is.

Right, if you don't know about something you wouldn't like it either. That's how that works.

>I don't think many people are going to be drawn into such a niche and expensive hobby just because they like one setting's lore.

Exactly, nobody who plays 40k gives two shits about the lore, everyone only talks about the crunch.
>>
>>80432877
Anon, edgy nihilism was really funny in like, 2008.

Ironically celebrating when shitty things happen has just become a goddamn slog, but maybe you're too young to realize that.
>>
>>80433434
>you're not allowed to make fan creations unless it's making fun of the thing
>>
>>80434136
that’s a fairly normal britishism
>>
>>80432877
yeah, honestly i'm new to 40k and stuff, but i'm just going to get back out before worrying about throwing thousands of dollars into it like i normally do. This is shit and says a lot of negative things about the integrity of the company.
>>
>>80434636
its not about the lawsuits going anywhere, its about dragging them to court and butfucking them with the fees it takes in the first place. which most content creators cannot afford so they'll desist easily enough
>>
>>80433178

It's not, dipshit, learn some copyright law. It is only enforceable because Youtube chose to save a small amount of money on enforcement processes by parallel replicating the entire structure of the DMCA takedown process with exactly zero protections nor verifications. They're literally counting on Youtube being such an unprofitable platform for the majority of its users that it's never viable to countersue.
>>
>>80433227

LEgality doesn't matter. Youtube doesn't follow the DMCA. Youtube created a parallel process to the DMCA that contains all of the same measures for removal of content, but surgically removes every protection for those subect to DMCA takedowns, eliminates most of the requirements for verifications and provision of contact information by those issuing requests, and covers its dick with shoddy terms of service. This has never been legally tested, principally because Youtube is such a shitty platform that less than one hundred people on the entire platform make enough per video to ever make a countersuit financially viable, and these exact people are most exposed to the ineviable account suspension.

As a result they save 3% of monitoring costs and make less than two million dollars more per year.
>>
>>80439549
Why would it need to be legally tested? There's literally no actual DMCA stuff going on there right, just a parallel and harsher youtube system meant to minimize their exposure to the actual law.
>>
>>80439549
Youtube doesn't make any money, its a financial black hole that Google keeps feeding as a loss leader for a variety of different reasons.
>>
>>80432877
Looking forward to them going after batrep youtubers when they launch + and the consoomers coping by saying the OFFICIAL GW batreps are THE BEST EVER.
>>
This is objectively a good thing
>fan animation is made
>if it’s good GW hires the guy
>if it’s bad it’s wiped off the internet
>>
>>80439585

Some of the more confident copyright practitioners I know believe they have a viable argument for Youtube's parallel process being deficient, particularly because it diverts actual DMCA claims into its own process. If you can successfully attack the parallel process protection or the refusal to notify or permit contact, that gets you an angle of attack on the literally-unlawful automated claims process - the requirement to positively consider fair use prior to sending claims is sufficiently incompatible with automated claims that it would break that system wide open.

Attacking the parallel process is where it gets finicky. Both of them were explaining their argument to me but the office party ran out of wine so I left.

The other vital weakness is finding a sponsor for their argument. Anyone who's successful enough on Youtube to have $180,000 or so to spend on litigation is by that point reliant on Youtube, and since Youtube would be legally protected for kicking them off the platform for suing them, they would be facing significant loss.

>>80439594

Alright, smartarse, Adsense makes the money. But Youtube costs Google money, and this reduces the cost by 3% of monitoring costs or about two million dollars, which means the balance sheet is two million dollars better for whatever poor rainman fucker has to look at Google's actual accounts.
>>
>>80439810
No, the ads that are run on Youtube do not result in any profit being made. It barely puts a dent in the gargantuan operating costs. Youtube results in a multi-billion dollar loss every single year; even with billion in revenue from ads, premium accounts, and monetization like superchats and movie rentals. Which has only been getting worse as usage trends upward exponentially but ad revenue goes down. (The multiple controversy driven Adpocalypses, regulatory crackdowns relating to kids content namely)
>>
>>80436907
It's more based than the books they put out for adults.
>>
>>80438704
>I'm the opposite of /pol/
white?
>>
>>80432877
They literally cannot legally prevent this in any jurisdiction, it is absolutely pathetic behaviour from the GW omegas
>>
File: 1621147527755.jpg (473 KB, 1171x1200)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
Unsure if OP is a nutjob or a falseflagging nutjob.
>>
>>80440597
he's a shitposter, the most insidious type of human being...
>>
>>80433434
Copyright is complete bullshit and this lawsuit is a perfect example of why.
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT
>why not?
>BECAUSE ITS LIKE WHAT WE HAVE, THAT'S NOT FAIR
>but it's not what you made, were making something ourselves
>NOOOOO STOP IT
Copyright law should be completely eliminated. Its only purpose was to protect publishers from competition, now its used for things that aren't even copying.
>>
>>80433362
no one who complains on 4chan about communists knows what communism is
>>
>>80440680
>Copyright law should be completely eliminated.
this, copyright just gets in the ideas spreading
>>
>>80440597
He's trying to hide behind 3 levels of irony. Because all honesty was beaten out of him by his "father".
>>
>>80433255
Maybe people will finally wake up and stop fluffing GW;s dick for them by making their own fucking content. Astartes wasn't good because it was space marines it was because it was good, it invented most of the shit in it anyway, maybe it could have been the foundation the guy's own franchise.
>>
>>80440695
quiet /polfag/
>>
>>80433821
You're doing the "everyone I don't like is a fascist" move retard.
>>
>>80434424
Nigger, commies deepthroat Porky's cock as hard as they physically can. What's it feel like to sell out everything you thought you believed in just to try and force everyone to worship niggers as you do?
>>
>>80436562
>>80436570

>t. - dilating trannies on damage control duty
>>
>>80440748
It's not a "move" to point out the exact things snowflake commies do on the regular.
>>
>>80440748
Wait, is Sigmarxism not about Marxism?
>>
>>80436640
Remember the old army building website that worked perfectly despite being the part time hobby of some guy that got shut down because one of the insects that infest this hobby posted the link on GW's facebook saying they should support it. Even if you could stop all the malicious little shits you could never get rid of all the retarded morons that think they're geniuses because they can't talk to girls.
>>
>>80440848
Stay mad, CHUD
>>
>>80436599
>Games Workshop have shown LESS "goodwill" and "integrity" to their own IP than anybody else has.
Exactly, imagine if Disney made a cartoon publicly executing all it's characters to say that they were dead forever, I have got no idea how a company this uniquely terrible has all these water-carrying fanboys that just soak up the abuse
>>
>>80432877
I hope Alfabusa's alright :(
>>
>>80439349
I'm only celebrating it because I dislike seeing 40k everywhere online and Fantasy/AoS had no fan animations of note.
>>
>>80441020
because fantasy sucks and even if it didn't GW sure made sure it did after AoS
>>
>>80433487
> but the number of suits they'll need to keep this bullshit enforced realistically

Barely any. All they have to do it cut down the tall poppies. Easy as that.
>>
>>80440816
You are literally doing what commies do in reverse you flamming faggot. Go have an orgy with them.
>>80440833
Not really if you take two second to scroll through it's mostly the AOS subreddit 2.0 but with shit memes.
>>
>>80440769
Ok false flagging retard. Chocking on GW's cock as you say is based and redpilled.
>>
>>80438709
The other 15% is Law Abiding Citizen
>>80439125
They're probably not too happy about it, but since it's all literal fan art, they probably don't do anything about it. Bowser is too famous an icon to destroy.
You might be asking why they would destroy Bowser instead of telling people to stop drawing fan art of Bowsette...
There was a schoolbook, I'm sure any crossboarders from /a/ will know which one I'm talking about, it was intended for young kids, juniors, age 5-8 range: An actual, real curricular school book, featuring fictional anime characters, including the teacher, who was an American born woman. Miss Baker, I think she was called, correct me /a/dventurers if you're in the audience tonight.
So it wasn't long before the books were shelved and all anime was purged from school curriculum forever. See, anime has a certain type of fanbase. Here, you might see "coomer" being thrown around, and we're talking a little bit like that, the kind that will have made porn of the anime girly who first appeared in the episode of the anime they just watched an hour ago; the kind that would superglue a high fidelity dick pic underneath a page of The Very Hungry Caterpillar; the kind that would make porn of Miss Baker. Lots of porn. Post it fucking everywhere.
They couldn't exactly stop people from drawing anime porn. Instead, they pulled Miss Baker, and decided to not go near anime again.
>>
>>80441143
Well that's boring, would like more political extremist weirdos in the 40k fandom, they're funny.
>>
>>80440879
Last reports have GW's Death Troops storming his compound.
>>
>>80433368
a warhammer sub-reddit for pedophiles
>>
>>80441154
Why?
>>
Welp, no more warhammer hentai for you, Majorkill
>>
>>80441267
D :
>>
>>80436006
>>80436522
The problem with alfabusa is that like many youtubers, he started taking it too seriously, massively upping the production value while the actual funny writing was sacrificed.
>>80433183
TTS started dying a slow death when Alfa remade ep1 and added a bunch of shit to it that didn't need to be there.
>>
>>80441555
>he started taking it too seriously, massively upping the production value while the actual funny writing was sacrificed.
this 100% making your own canon is fun and all but when you sacrifice the jokes for the serious moments in your plot it starts going to shit universally. the last episode was a slog but the shorts were pretty good he released after, but if he doesn't make the next episode well it'll just be a deathblow desu.
Reminds me of how red vs blue went
>>
>>80432877
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T CREATE A WHOLE COMMUNITY AROUND OUR PRODUCT WITH PASSIONATE FAN CONTENT, YOU'RE JUST SUPPOSED TO CONSOOM PRODUCT"
>>
>>80432944
Have you done your part and reported it to the snitch email at the bottom of the page? I know I have!
>>
>>80434106
GW is UK, they don't have fair use. Instead they have fair deal. Not that either matters as far as youtube is concerned.
>>
>>80434106
The UK doesn't even have freedom of speech, why would parody be allowed?
>>
>>80433178
>>80433202
>Make a 40k fan film
>Post it on the internet

Mission accomplished. If GW flags your video just post it on another YouTube channel.
>>
>>80432877
This is what happens when you have an army of lawyers, but no work to occupy them.

Atlas shrugged isn't about right wing elites against the people, its about creators against lawyers, accountants and administrators. Any profession that is worthless will create obstacles to fill up its work schedule.

No sane person woke up one day and thought this was a great idea. This is the work of lawyers and accountants.
>>
>>80439157
And that suit didn't succeed because the court smacked their head and said "you can't copyright a term invented 30 years before your shit company". That's why they did the heavy switch to the faux-latin "Adeptus Astartes" shit- because they can copyright "Adeptus Astartes" but not "Space Marine". Same shit with "Eldar=Aeldari" and "Elf=Aelf".
>>
>>80441141
Yes, because cutting down the "tall poppies" on any social media platform works to keep the hoi polloi in line.
>>
>>80441648
Streisand effect will create more piracy. Fall of trove was legit, as it affected a lot of indie publishers, but now, something much larger will rise in its place.

The saddest thing about all this is that it'll harm smaller companies way more than GW, just like how there's infinity models all over yoyhammer.
>>
>>80442462
They legitimately don't care. The only thing that prevents this kind of person from torturing animals is squeamishness. Inflicting misery on others is the only joy they have in their hollow lives.
>>
Why does this animation have to be relevent again?
It's been eight god damn years.
https://youtu.be/_zSxQnZ3TM8
>>
I don’t like GW but they are in the right. Too many people think they can leech off others intellectual property.
>>
>>80442691
It does kind of bug me just how much effort some people will put into fan projects, not because it is 'stealing' in any fashion but more just how creatively bankrupt it is, and how much it just wastes talent that could otherwise be going toward original works.
>>
>>80442945
I don’t think GW would have cared if people *just* made fan films, the problem is there is a recent trend with some people trying to live and profit off fan or unlicensed productions.
>>
>>80442945
The problem here is that people like you think that if you stymie someone from working on a fan project, they'll channel that passion into making something original. The truth is that if you stymie that project, that person will probably just not producing ANYTHING because working off of something already established is exponentially easier than making something from whole cloth and they're likely making their project more as a love-letter to the series in question than because they have a profound internal expression they need to actualize into the world.
Not to mention that adding to or adapting already-extant work is how a lot of the pre-Modern literary canon came into being; Paradise Lost is basically Bible fanfic.
>>
>>80436522
No the guys either a troll or a /pol/tard
Only thing thats changed is that it has some writing now so there's less humor poking fun at and explaining the franchise now
>>
>>80433178
It's actually the other way around. Google doesn't give a fuck about Fair Use, they will demonetize and take down anything and everything that the big companies tell them to. You can appeal. Google might put it back. Or they might not. Or they might ignore your appeal for a few years. Google doesn't give a fuck about youtubers and their videos, only about the big companies that advertise on Google and YT.
>>
>>80443106
>Google doesn't give a fuck about Fair Use
Fair Use does not mean what the majority of people who cry about it seem to think it does.
>>
>>80432877
Because it worked so well fifteen years ago.
>>
>>80440695
Though we sure do know what happens whenever people try communism
>>
>>80443198
But when has anyone actually tried real communism?
>>
>>80441020
Anon are you mental? This would be for 40k *and* sigmar/fantasy. This means that now there will be even less fan stuff of fantasy than before
>>
Please only buy official products at exorbitant prices. Thank you.
>>
>>80443207
Which is my point
If Communism is hard hard to legitimately implement that EVERY SINGLE EXAMPLE has lead to horrific dictatorships then it just isn't worth trying in the hopes this time it won't cause nation wide horrors
>>
>>80443321
Now you see, the horrific, genocidal, dictatorship has to simply conquer the entire world! Than we can have a eternal, utopia, on earth! It's that simple!
>>
As times goes on, I enjoy Warhammer less and less.
>>
>>80443357
Really if history has taught us anything, is it not that you should never half-ass a genocide?
>>
File: 1625960154673.jpg (332 KB, 957x681)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>80443384
>>
>>80442462
>Fall of trove was legit
>its okay when WE do it
Lmao. I bet you're a salty lancerfag, as they've been attacking the trove for months.
>>
I am just waiting to see if anyone finds a case where this might step too far onto the "fair-use" of international copy right. I know they have gone out of their way to try and make new names for their IP, but if they take down the wrong thing, it might make for a funny counter lawsuit.
>>
>>80443226
I know but there was never Fantasy animations to begin with. And this doesn't cover fan fiction or art.
>>
>>80443384
I see that you too dance in the glory of monsters, anon.
>>
>>80443630
>unauthorized use of our trademarks
>naw man fan fiction that constantly uses those trademarks is gonna be fine we're totally gonna dab on them 40ktards for having more fan content
>>
>>80432877
like the models, like the setting but awful company they deserve people buying from Chinese or using 3rd party minis, I already use Vallejo paints and some 3rd party stuff among other things, how a company can treat it's fans this way?
>>
>>80444132
They're treating the real fans fairly well by kicking out all of the youtube memers, redditors, and foreigners. Things are honestly looking up. Hopefully they'll get rid of the forced diversity they've been painting in soon.
>>
>>80444146
GW even got /pol/ to shill for them?
>>
>>80444146
Incels are run out of every hobby once it because popular because you're so repulsive and unlikable that you drive away customers

learn to behave like humans and this won't keep happening to you
>>
>>80433227
You can basically harass someone with lawyers until they keel over from lack of money. The entire system is broken.
>>
>>80433227
Doesn't need to be if you get forced into court so much yoi go bankrupt
>>
>>80444195
Lmfao imagine believing this. I've never had a problem finding a game when I want to because I'm nice. Nonetheless, it's clear that GW is running all of the shitbags who demand to be pandered to out of the hobby by getting rid of the memes and fan videos that they cling to, which literally makes actual paying GW customers who buy for decades VERY CROSS.

We win.
>>
>>80433322
>implying conservatives drink water and don’t just alternate between coffee, alcohol, and 2 liters of cola depending on time of day
>>
File: 84a.jpg (75 KB, 816x605)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>80444241
>imagine shilling this hard
>>
File: eldar_jannies.png (699 KB, 1300x712)
699 KB
699 KB PNG
>>80444266
Projection.
>>
>>80444241
Can they also take down the fan wikis and put up an official wiki.
>>
>>80439205
read the chart again; the 18.6% figure (plus ~1% for novels) was averaged throughout the whole 2010s, not just the one year you took.
>>
>>80444146
they also got rid of the possibility of my arming playing on official events because I use 3rd party heads in my guard...

>>80444241
you know this is not the case if they could they would sell the models to preschoolers, they do this shit because they are greedy awful bastards who only want to exploit their customers as much as they can
>>
If you want Warhammer you have to pay the Nottingham tax.
>>
File: kill_team_kriegers.jpg (76 KB, 1326x824)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>80444344
>they do this shit because they are greedy awful bastards who only want to exploit their customers as much as they can
And the customers who won't put up with it are poor people who have bad opinions. Meanwhile the rest of us just buy and play GW games.
>they also got rid of the possibility of my arming playing on official events because I use 3rd party heads in my guard...
One of my armies has pig iron heads. It's okay. I have other armies. Buy a new army. Krieg's coming out soon.
>>
>>80433109
>unenforcable
the problem is the regular joe doesn't have the means (money or time) to defend themselves against GW lawyers and they know it, that's why they impose such bullshit
I wish I didnt live in a town in a shit country, maybe then I would find more easily people to play to non GW games, yes love their models but this company doesn't deserve my money or attention, I'm only doing it for the hobby and the frienship of the people I play
>>
>>80433255
There's a huge difference between doing a fan work, and doing a fan work where you get paid for it. That's where the lawyers get involved, and that's when companies start cracking down, because it can open up a huge can of IP ownership disputes if they don't.

That's why fan artists, authors, and filmmakers in the past didn't tout for money from patreon or donations, and paid for everything themselves.

Seriously, fan creators years ago knew this, and Paramount/CBS gave a biiig reminder a couple of years ago over Azanar, why the fuck do none of these dumb fucks pick up on this shit?
>>
>>80444369
>Buy a new army
yes, at 35€ each 10 Cadian box I will start a new army and give money to such scumbag company...
Besides I love the creation aspect of the the hobby, making my own shit with it's own lore is the spice of the hobby for me, and they are killing it or at least restraining it

GW will trow under a bus it's hardcore/all time fans for normies and SJW if they could make more money from it and you know it, that's the sad reality like it or not, what they did to Warhammer Fantasy was a good example
>>
>That's why fan artists, authors, and filmmakers in the past didn't tout for money from patreon or donations, and paid for everything themselves.

Finally, someone getting it. The problem (for GW) is not the fancontent in and of itself, it's the fact people leech off their IP.
>>
File: cope_seeth.png (2.81 MB, 1565x1065)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
>>80444275
>pic.rela
>>
File: Soynald Trump.jpg (46 KB, 479x526)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>80444369
>anon just consooooooooom
>you're poor?
>it's ok just buy a new army that even middle class worker would find expensive and consooooooooooooooooom
>>
>be me
>watch TTS
>every episode I see is unfunny and gay
>SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT TYRANIDS ARE BUGS
>WHY DONT WE JUST SPRAY THEM WITH RAID
>wow um emperor it doesnt work like that we use this special chemical that
>THEN JUST PUT THAT IN A GIANT FUCKING CAN OF RAID WHY IS THIS SO HARD

its not fujnny
>>
>>80444470
Eh it can be funny but if you're expecting laughs all throughout you're not gonna have a good time
IMO it seems like a decent way to get into 40k lore without spending several hundred hours reading wikis or spending several thousand hours reading the books
>>
>>80444463
It's called gatekeeping. You've been gatekept.
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (95 KB, 637x662)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>80444241
>no no no it's everyone else not me
>>
>>80444423
I hate to say it, but this is also truth. GW is a company, and they will go where their customers are. If you have a group of customers who are paying $1000 a year for your product, and one who is torrenting stuff online and buying chinese recasts and maaaaaaybe throwing $50 a year your way because, I don't know, you want some dice, then the person spending $50 is not as important to the company's future as the group spending $1000 each. It's simple economics.

They want to stay in business, so they will go where the money is. If you are not where the money is, you're not their audience anymore. Literally. And that's on you, not them, because you stopped being their customer.
>>
>>80444584
it's the company who chase the costumers not the costumers who should chase the company... go for it, it's your money but dont be surprised if one day you feel out by them call me poorfag if it makes you feel better but I try to give my cash to companies that earn their money and treat me well I guess I am this strange...
>>
>>80432877
>GW tells fans to go fuck themselves
>Consoomers praise them

If your fans are willing to take the time and effort to make free advertising for your product, you should welcome it with open arms, not tell them to get fucked and expect a CnD in the mail.

Ah well. 3D printer go brrrr.
>>
>>80444602
>treat me well
GW doesn't need to treat me well, they need to make a product I want at a price I'll pay. With the upcoming release of Battle Zone Octarius they've done that, so I'll be giving them money.
>>
File: guardsmen_gathering.jpg (423 KB, 900x666)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>80444463
I only want to play with people like me. Which is white people who don't really *have* to work if they don't want to.
>>80444518
Basically this.
>>
>>80433121
>Simping for the mega rich so one can feel like one is part of that class.
>>
>>80444614
So you want to play with white NEETs like yourself?
>>
File: zweihander_girl.jpg (60 KB, 564x668)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>80444624
Excuse me, I have wealth. I'm not a NEET. It's called being a nobleman.
>>
>what south americans and eastern europeans think gatekeeping is: screaming on twitter while people ignore them
>what gatekeeping actually is: raising the prices so south americans and eastern europeans are filtered from your hobby
>>
>>80444627
Anon if you are Not in Education, Employment, or Training then you are in fact a NEET
And calling yourself a nobleman for being one is insanely weird
>>
>>80433121
IP laws is what kept 3D printers from being affordable to the masses despite having been around for decades upon decades, stagnant until the IP protection expired in the early 2010's.
>>
>>80444627
Nobles are both educated and trained, anon. And arguably employed to boot.
>>
>>80444665
That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>80444631
Ironic anon seeing as both are biggest contributors of good recaster and third party bits. You raise prices you have more focus on cheaper alternatives and thus more people playing.
Also if that worked all of your little right wing friends would shut their mouths and sit silently after all...they are poorer then any south american
>>
File: mordian.png (33 KB, 380x480)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>80444692
>Also if that worked all of your little right wing friends would shut their mouths and sit silently after all...they are poorer then any south american
>t. delusional communist
Hahaha go back to something awful dot com, you turd. GW doesn't care for you.
>>
>>80444692
I'm not right wing I'm just racist
>>
>>80444369
There's two types of rich people.
Retards that inherited their money.
People who make good financial decisions.
The latter group does not buy and play GW games because it doesn't make sense financially.
The main customer for GW wargames is a poorfag that spends money on models and paints instead of actual essentials.
>>
>>80444730
Holy based
>>
>>80432877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnnYCJNhw7w

IP abolishment is the solution.
>>
>>80436570
Bruh it was a funny joke calm your man tits
>>
>>80441555
>upping the production value while the actual funny writing was sacrificed.
That's because he ran out of /tg/ memes to rip off. He was never wrote a single one of the jokes you liked.
>>
>>80433109
GW is as evil as Chaos and they don't even notice it, lol
>>
>>80444730
A-ight man fair enough
>>
>>80436570
Even then it's less so of a gay joke and more so of
>yo these guys wanna bang a toaster
For the 1000's time, just in a different format
>>
>>80433109
>unenforcable
>have already assimilated and crushed most even moderately known fan animators
Lmao
>>
>>80442691
You're a fucking idiot. Being "in the right" doesn't mean it make a single lick of sense from any stand point.
Literally dumping free marketing in the millions of views down the drain. Astartes went viral, and people who didn't even know about 40k started looking into it.
Despite what arm chair copyright lawyers keep saying around the cock in their mouth, you don't suddenly lose your rights to an IP if people are making fan content. Disney and Nintendo have had people doing this shit for decades.
>>
>>80445242
>free advertising
Attracting people who watch youtube, a free and zero effort activity, doesn't matter to a company that sells tabletop wargames, an expensive and high effort activity.
>>
>>80445386
Oh wow you really are a fucking idiot aren't you.
>zero effort
Yes, GW put in zero effort. That's what free means. Guess what people do of they're interested in something? They go look at it. If they look at it, they find the website. If they find the website, they see the shit they can buy. I know of personally, at least 3 people who bought either some books from Black Library or a starter model kit after seeing some fan films. And I'm in bum fuck no where
Is your point fucking somehow, that people who engage in low effort activities like watching a video are entirely incapable of doing high effort or high time investment hobbies? You're on 4chan, posting in a message board. Pretty damn low intensity activity. I guess you don't own or build anything?
>>
>>80445386
Its free advertising because people will get into 40k and buy minis
>>
>>80445445
Holy fuck anon you just murdered him
>>
>>80433362
>>80434092
this holy shit imagine if there were no intellectual property rights and everyone could make whatever, we'd have so much good 40k shit, and so cheap
>>
>>80433302
Nice false-flag, retard. 3/10
>>
>>80445386
By that logic GW should also not spend money on advertising because looking at ads is a zero effort activity.
>>
>"40k fandom" = gay youtube shit
Do zoomers really believe this?
>>
>>80445386
>Be normie scum
>Watching the 'Tube
>The great algorithm suggests a video on this "Warhammer 40k" thing
>Decide to watch
>Enjoy video
>Decide to look more into it
>Enjoy more and more
>Decide to buy some stuff
>GW gets my money without spending a penny

If GW had half a brain when it came to actually making money in the modern day, they'd be gleeful about all the free advertisement they get from nerds making lore analysis, fan videos, podcasts and lets plays of their precious IP. Some channels have hundred of thousands of subscribers, some of whom surely have disposable income to throw at GW.
Or decide not to throw anything at GW because the dude that introduced them to the setting goes "Welp. I can't make videos about this any more, because GW said they'd sue me if I did."

>>80445463
I understand the need for intellectual property, since everyone's gotta eat, and a writer/artist/coder/etc deserve proper compensation for their creations, the current system is not focused on making the creator money, but whatever corporation buys the rights and holds onto them. Fuck Disney. I can't WAIT to see Mickey Mouse enter the collective commons.
>>
>>80445789
>Fuck Disney. I can't WAIT to see Mickey Mouse enter the collective commons

Disney have entire legal and lobbying teams working to ensure this never happens.
>>
>>80445789
You are overestimating how many of these subscribers weren't already throwing money at GW beforehand and underestimating how many will continue doing so despite that.
>>
>>80442397
woah stop being so anti-semitic
>>
>>80445809
They've managed it several times in the past, this is very true.

However, all their recent attempts have been shot down over and over again in recent years. While the House of Mouse has an extensive legal team, the opposition to their attempts are VASTLY superior, both numerically, financially, and influence. It's not just a bunch of hippies, nerds, and freelancers, there's actual corporate backing in making sure the public domains timeline isn't pushed back yet again.

The Mouse's minions keep trying, but they have been shot down over and over again. 2024, the Mouse will be free for the public to use and abuse to their liking.
>>
>>80445852
Every one that stops, or decides never to, is another pile of disposable income throwing their money at other things instead of GW.
>>
>>80445789
GW don't care about you making content based on their IP. GW care when you **earn money** making content based on their IP. There's a huge difference in those two statements.
>>
>>80445906
retarded bootlicker
>>
>>80445906
Please see >>80432877 and reconsider your statement. It clearly states you may not make anything based off their IP without license, full stop.
>>
>>80445721
>logic
I don't think you understand what that word means. Of course they can still spend their own money on marketing, that's how being a business works.
But if someone fucking helps you, by literally donating hundreds of their own man hours by animating something that makes people gain an interest in your product, that's a POSITIVE for you, you fucking dip
>>
>>80445721
Wrong person, read that wrong and thought you were the retard.
>>
>>80433529
Hmmm, is there a way to link IP laws with Poland?
>>
>>80445926
It's standard, you wanker.

>>80445942
I don't need to reconsider. I checked their website, as someone else posted bits of it in this thread.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Intellectual-Property-Guidelines

"We love to see fans enjoying all things Warhammer. We also have a duty to preserve and protect our intellectual property rights – this is the only way we can ensure that Warhammer will be around forever. Our goal is to do this while continuing to support the passion and creativity of our fans. We will level with you – this is a difficult balancing act."

"Please be aware that where fan content is created based on our settings and characters, Games Workshop retains ownership in respect of the underlying intellectual property rights in those worlds, and therefore such fan content cannot be sold or otherwise monetised."

It mentions monetisation of fan works a number of times being the big no-no. Op's image is from the bottom, but the rest of the page clearly spells out you can make fan art, fan magazines, fan videos, etc, JUST NOT GET PAID FOR THEM. You might argue fan films doesn't fall under the top, but the website section mentions animations specifically as long as they don't include official assets/animations.
>>
>>80440680
It's necessary because people would constantly keep stealing your ideas and you wouldn't make any money.
The best I can figure out is, they shouldn't allow IP to be sold to a corporation, the corporation should only be able to borrow it, after which it goes back to public domain.
>>
>>80444440
Yeah m8 which is exactly why they could've treated them like how they treat artists.
100% ok to draw stuff as long as you don't monetise it.
They went one step further for animations which is the crux of the entire problem
>>
>>80446358
>OY VEY
>>
>>80446358
Well, that'll kill pretty much every 'Tuber who does Warhammer lore videos, since those are monetized. It'll also put a nail through any artist who does 40k commissions. Hell, you could argue it would apply to any streamer who got tips while playing a GW game. Or anyone who does GW related things and has a patreon.

They are trying to choke out anyone who dares to make money on their IP, regardless of how they are. I understand being harsh to anyone who makes counterfeit minis, since that is their bread and butter. But going after a dude who dissects 40k lore into bite sized bits for newcomers to understand? Or the artist who is commissioned by some degenerate to make SoB smut?

These people are providing a service GW isn't, and if GW wants to make money off the bootleg space marine plushie market, they should actually make a space marine plushie, instead of screaming at the nerd tailor who decided to fill that miniscule niche of a market themselves.
>>
>>80434106
>those that do not monetized or bring profit fall under Fair Use
Nonprofit *educational purposes* fall under fair use. Just being nonprofit on it's out provides almost no legal protection.
>>
That's hilarious. Let's report as many 40k channels as possible and get them taken down. Either people will get sick of GW and start an open source 40k, or GW loses normie exposure on Youtube.
>>
I too am contratiam gibe me upyous
>>
>>80432877
so how much this is just GW crippling "anonfan made content" competition to force people used their shitty app?
>>
>>80432877
>recasting and 3D printing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY57Vn0qTiU
>>
>>80446516
Sad, but how many animators don't monetize their stuff through Youtube/Patreon/etc?
>>
>>80446671
Hmm. I really don't know much about it. That's why I cannot take a side here.
>>
>>80446358
>We also have a duty to preserve and protect
Jesus fucking Christ.
Nwm, 3D printer does Brrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>80432877
>>80432944
eat shit. How is this based? Fuck copyright/trademark destroying our culture. Emplemon was rigtht. You are the cancer that got old school youtube videos removed...
>>
>>80446947
>UK
>culture
>>
>>80442691
Intellectual property as a concept is a spook and illegitimate.
>>
>>80442691
>Too many people think they can leech off others intellectual property.
Well, enjoy absense of any content which would promote Warhammer in future
>>
>>80433127
He's awesome, I love his Sisters and Night lords bids!
>>
>>80433519
But that's bullshit and you know it. GW has already been through years long period when it's ability to attract new people were nearly nonexistent due to their own mismanagment and shortsightedness. WFB crashed in flames, early AOS was doing very badly initially, 40k stagnated, everything was very expensive to get into, and during that time things got so bad that the fucking PP briefly got ahead of them.

Everything they have done since '16 or so, new lines of starters, Underworlds, KT, specialist games and more were toa ttract new peopple/people who remembered fondly their IPs but weren't their paypigs. You're unironically retarded if you believe GW caters to about 20% of the whales, absolutely everyone got to know that big ol' load of shit,
>>
>>80446861
Patreon can be very easily bypassed. Literally just ask money for staying alive (don't mention GW anywhere)
Again, this is not even a debate pint, we have a lot of good fan art, despite the rules
Again, I just feel like they think YouTube is going to compete with wh+
>>
>>80447116
So Qanon works part-time at GW?
>>
>>80447169
>Again, I just feel like they think YouTube is going to compete with wh+
I thought WH+ will be YT channel, no?
>>
>>80447231
It's an online video streaming service like Netflix
>>
>>80433227
Legally speaking, making fan art/films/fiction isn't infringing on copyright as long as it's not for profit, but the grey area, which they could use to remove videos from YT and the like, comes when a site hosting the content benefits from it financially. GW could argue that Youtube getting add revenue from fan animations would constitute as them profiting from GW's IP, and while it probably wouldn't hold in court it's easier for YT to just remove the video than go through the legal hassle.
>>
>>80447237
>It's an online video streaming service like Netflix
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Okay they are retarded.
I mean, Astartes (aka the best example of Warhammer-related animation) was nice, but let's be honest, it was level of AA video game cinematic, do they really want to kickstart Netflix analogue with this and some lore-videos (and unlike fan-made videos it will be just reading lore from sources on camera, without any speculations or discussion)?
Disney had to bring some actual meat for Disney+ and call back fucking Lucas into Mandalorian.
>>
File: 1618719325462.jpg (16 KB, 290x348)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Stop being dense ass niggers. Ever since the Astartes fan-video, there's been a flood of shitty Source Film Maker animations using 40k IP where people are begging for Patreon bux to make more content. This is targeted at grifters pounding out shit tier work and begging for patreon/etc for it, which drags down the IP. If you are passionate enough about something, you'll make a fan video without monetising it.
>>
>>80447369
>which drags down the IP
Top kek
>>
>>80444757
It does make sense if painting is a hobby that helps the person handle stress etc. Keeping oneself healthy mentally and physically is a financially viable decision. Nevertheless, whales ofc contribute a shitton and sadly often above their spending limit.
>>
>>80447369
>If you are passionate enough about something, you'll make a fan video without monetising it.
If your video become popular you will get money from YT anyway
>>
>>80447294
They have something like six animated series lined up, exclusive models you get with the subscription, the lore videos, and back issues of white dwarf. Not the worst deal for 5 bucks a month.
>unlike fan videos it will be without speculation
Other way around, they have access to the writers so they can promise to reveal new things or answer questions definititively.
>>
>>80445872
Interestingly, Mickey's iconic white gloves were not in steamboat willie, so those won't be in public domain yet.
>>
>>80447416
>They have something like six animated series lined up, exclusive models you get with the subscription, the lore videos, and back issues of white dwarf.
Still not worthy since everything can be easily downloaded for free
>Other way around, they have access to the writers so they can promise to reveal new things or answer questions definititively.
They still will be much more restricted in terms of "what to say"
>>
>>80447436
>Still not worthy since everything can be easily downloaded for free
Saying you can steal something isn't really an argument about whether a cost is fair, it doesn't make sense to pay for anything at all if you follow that logic through.
>>
>>80447169
>Again, I just feel like they think YouTube is going to compete with wh+
So they will nuke Warhammer presense in YouTube? It's seems a bit stupid
>>
>>80447450
>it doesn't make sense to pay for anything at all if you follow that logic through.
Generally yes, it's just matter of how difficult to steal. Years of copyrighters didn't ended Internet piracy, Warhammer+ wouldn't change it.
>>
>>80447459
GW shooting itself in the foot is par for the course, anon.
>>
>>80447459
Because why pay for wh+ when you can watch it for free?
>>
>>80440848
I did it and i have a gf

Use azyr like sigmar intended
>>
>>80447550
And why would person who have no idea about what Warhammer is will pay for Wh+?
>>
>>80447459
Yes and it’s a smart move. Fuck google
>>
File: 136-61-10.jpg (47 KB, 850x400)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>80447573
>Yes and it’s a smart move.
>isolated ecosystem with no freshblood
>smart move
>>
>>80447506
The issue is between deciding how much money will "advertising" bring compared to a subscription service.
As far as I know, having a regular revenue source is like the fountain of youth for corporations (so much so that McD fucks over it's own machines to get it)

This whole scheme makes or breaks depending on how good wh+KW turns out
>>
>>80447595
>This whole scheme makes or breaks depending on how good wh+KW turns out
People who aren't fammiliar with Warhammer will never pay monthly subscrition for even something like Astartes (not to saying about even lower quality products)
>>
>>80447567
How many of those astartes viewers bought miniatures? & Well knows if they can even compete with 3-D printing in the future. Ironically its the secondaries which are going to save them long term (if 3-D printing becomes viable)
>>
>>80447638
>How many of those astartes viewers bought miniatures?
Doesn't actually matters, even if it were 5 or 10 guys, they still come to Warhammer for free, without GW spending a penny on that.
>>
>>80447595
It can't be that good, they won't HAVE a subscription base large enough to bring in enough revenue to cover the production and shipping cost of the "exclusive subscription models," let alone have enough to fund more content productions.
>>
>>80447623
How do you find out about a good show on Netflix?
>>
File: 1626916834359.gif (108 KB, 105x105)
108 KB
108 KB GIF
Fucking ell i juat finished somw morathi blender porn. I guess i have to keep it to myself now?
>>
>>80447672
>How do you find out about a good show on Netflix?
Torrent trackers, Netflix site
But I barely watch Netflix
>>
>>80447682
Doesn't exists
>>
>>80447672
>How do you find out about a good show on Netflix?
Netflix initially had a catalog of content curated over decades of broadcast and cable television plus nearly a century of film before they ever started producing their own.
Games Workshop is going to have six in-house animations...
Fuck, CBS can't keep a streaming service afloat on their own, what chance does a fucking Model company have?
>>
>>80447684
No I mean how do you decide which show to pirate?
From it's reviews & general popularity right?
That's the only was I think wh+ makes sense. If it's good enough, it won't need lore videos or other animations to get people interested

But from what we know so far, it's nowhere close to being that good so idk what their plan is
>>
>>80447671
Basically this.
Right now GW doesn't pay for production of animations and lore-videos, it's l;iterally free promotion of their product and they are planning to compete with patreon crowd in terms of money
>>
>>80447742
>No I mean how do you decide which show to pirate?
Just browse Amazon. Netflix catalogue and look for some reviewers sites (yeah including /tv/ as well)
>>
>>80447749
In pretty sure they must've payed Syama more than patreon. & They are capable of that, why the hell would anyone work for them if they don't pay
Question is, whether it's enough
In its own? Nah
For everything you get for wh+? I saw videos of people saying it's good value
Basically
>[Bill burr voice] I don't know.....
>I don't know
>>
>>80444627
>Gender swapped empire unit
>autistic neet
Checks out
>>
>>80447793
>& They are capable of that,
But will they do?
>I saw videos of people saying it's good value
Ever tried to think with you own head?
>>
>>80447811
They did. While they *could* have waved the IP sword over Syama's head, it would be a lot more effective to call the guy and basically tell him "Yo, bro, love your work, what about joining the team and doing it officially for us?" and pay his price to keep him motivated.
>>
>>80433227
YouTube will side with GW, even if the fan vid *IS* covered under fair use. They're corporate toadies through and through and will let them freely abuse their broken-ass DMCA system.
>>
>>80447845
>They did.
They did to one person, by "competing with patreon crowd" I was talking about shitton of low-quality artists, Youtubers and animators, who still makes plenty of money out of crowd
>>
>>80447749
>Right now GW doesn't pay for production of animations and lore-videos, it's l;iterally free promotion of their product and they are planning to compete with patreon crowd in terms of money
Again, actual media production companies are floundering in this market, outfits that have exclusively been doing entertainment for profit for decades are having trouble!!!

And GW wants to tack physical product to the subscription ON TOP OF THAT?!

>>80447793
>In pretty sure they must've payed Syama more than patreon.
That's ONE animator.
You need a handful of those for even a SINGLE small production.
>>
>>80447865
Well yeah, they took the cream of the crop onboard (Syama, Boylan, hopefully they'll take Portoghese in as well) and now they're moving to cut the rest loose.
>>
>>80447911
>Well yeah, they took the cream of the crop onboard (Syama, Boylan, hopefully they'll take Portoghese in as well) and now they're moving to cut the rest loose.
You... don't know how Animation works, do you?
>>
>>80440680
Based and enlightened take. This is the way.
>>
>>80447922
You're trying to make a point, but I'm not getting it. Let me reiterate mine: they took the people that interested them from the Youtube crowd on board, and now they're moving to impeach the rest. A dick move? Certainly. A smart move? Time will tell. But ultimately it's their IP.
>>
>>80447911
>Well yeah, they took the cream of the crop onboard
Well good luck in finding audience enough to keep the paychek for them
>>
>>80448066
They have more than enough whales throwing money at them for that, which is probably the saddest part of it all...
>>
>>80447975
>You're trying to make a point, but I'm not getting it.
My point is you still need a shit ton of manhours to make an animation.
Normally, you'd take your "Cream of the Crop" and have them do storyboarding and key framing, then use sweatshop labor doodlers to fill in the tens of thousands of frames in-between.

>>80448066
>Well good luck in finding audience enough to keep the paychek for them
>>80448136
>They have more than enough whales throwing money at them for that, which is probably the saddest part of it all...
They've got MAYBE enough spare revenue to pay these key animators a semi-living wage, but with them ALONE it will take several YEARS to turn out a single production.
They'd have to go full sweatshop animation to get a single animation done in any reasonable timeframe, and it's questionable they even have the money to do that....
>>
>>80447975
The point was that nearly all Warhammer fan-made animators (just as much as most of Patreon content-makers) works pretty slow, and even if GW takes few best animators these animators alon will never make enough comtent which will justify monthly subscription
>>
>>80448208
>Normally, you'd take your "Cream of the Crop" and have them do storyboarding and key framing, then use sweatshop labor doodlers to fill in the tens of thousands of frames in-between.

And what makes you think that's not exactly what GW is going to do?
>>
>>80448264
>And what makes you think that's not exactly what GW is going to do?
they haven't announced anything like that. They didn't made their own animation studio, didn't signed up contract with already existing studio which will provide them labour for basic animation
>>
>>80448264
>And what makes you think that's not exactly what GW is going to do?
>>80448288
>they haven't announced anything like that. They didn't made their own animation studio, didn't signed up contract with already existing studio which will provide them labour for basic animation
More to the point they don't have the spare cash to do it even with the subscription fees.
They're basically keeping these few fan animators on staff for vanity projects, but they're not going to produce content any faster than when they were doing this shit in their spare time anyways, and GW is trying to make a subscription service out of this?
>>
>>80448390
Assuming you're right, it won't change a thing. It won't matter to the whales whether they're paying GW or Patreon a few bucks each month for an animation once in a blue moon.
>>
>>80448442
>Assuming you're right, it won't change a thing. It won't matter to the whales whether they're paying GW or Patreon a few bucks each month for an animation once in a blue moon.
Actually that's the big kicker, with the subscription promising physical product on top of the media content production, GW is going to LOSE money on this venture.
Cartoons and Exclusive Models both don't grown on trees after all, and on top of the production cost the physical product also has to be shipped.
>>
>>80438709
i sent them goatse lol
>>
>>80448511
Eh. As I said above, time will tell. I'm quite certain GW wouldn't have launched the whole WH+ crap without a (seemingly) solid business plan detailing how and how much money it would make them. They simply wouldn't have lasted for close to fifty years otherwise.
>>
>>80448442
>, it won't change a thing.
It will because Patreon =/= streaming service
>>
>>80448685
>They simply wouldn't have lasted for close to fifty years otherwise.
Because they've been able to course correct thanks to a glacial physical sales model, but this isn't a hobby supply pushing game...

>>80448716
>It will because Patreon =/= streaming service
Yeah, again CBS had to fuse back with Viacom to have enough properties to make a competitive streaming service...
>>
>>80446783
Seeing as it's following a spree of them buying up Animators and making them under contract purge their libraries off YouTube, coupled with the fact their shitty paid service comes out next month

Entirely, 100%.
>>
>>80448136
That's not what Whales means.
Unless wh+ has micro transactions for someone to splurge hundreds and hundreds of dollars on, it's literally a monthly sub.
>>
>>80449756
Why would GW (of all people) be the only ones without any microtransactions whatsoever?
>>
>>80447551
It was for 40k and not age of fisher price, your hand isn't a gf anon
>>
>>80449880
Are you retarded? Streaming services doesn't have microtransactions
>>
>>80450704
Sure thing, kiddo, sure thing.
>>
>>80450742
>No argument
>>
>>80450749
>None needed whatsoever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.