[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Power Girl Punch.jpg (911 KB, 1031x1566)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
Last thread at >>80279628

The thread for all superhero characters, games, stories and systems. Villains too.

Threat Question: How do you create villains to challenge your heroes? Do you go with the "same but better" angle with a villain who can beat a hero at their own game so the hero needs to think out of the box? Or do you go with the counter route where the villain manages to avoid the hero's forte and forces them to rethink their options?
>>
>>80350450
I make a fuckton of villain NPCs for the setting before the players even make their characters. Even if the players happen to have a power that frustrates them, the fact there's so many of them means its bound to be a challenge
>>
Certainly the latter route. A vilain that forces the heroes to adapt and think on their feet is much more interesting. I like to go with powers that make the villain feel invincible like forcefields or intengibility.
>>
Is Power Girl the offical mascot of /supers/ now?
>>
File: powergirl rickenart.jpg (312 KB, 650x919)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>80350937
Maybe? Can you think of anyone else?

Apart from the window her outfit and powerset are pretty generic, so she could be a good one.
>>
>>80351018
>Apart from the window her outfit and powerset are pretty generic, so she could be a good one.
True, PG is a good mascot and she gets people to view the general.
>Can you think of anyone else?
Just one.....
>>
>>80350450
>How do you create villains to challenge your heroes?
I choose a random file from my folder of super villains and see if they need and tweaks for the current campaign.
>Do you go with the "same but better" angle
I try not to, it limits creativity in what the villain can do.
>>
>>80350937
God I hope so.
>>
>>80350937
Power Girl is pretty identifiable and she's been getting used for awhile now, so she might as well be.
>>
Do you use random generated characters in your supers games? How about random generated incounters and random events in general?
>>
File: 1626102626186.jpg (201 KB, 905x1280)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Need help for a quest: MC is a low level super on the run forced to work with the villains because he accidentally blew up a lab in his reckless tech experiments and killed a bunch of people. The price for keeping heroes and the law away from him is that he has to work for the villains. Now normally in villain campaigns players are proactive and come up with plans themselves but since this is a quest, I have to do the thinking.

I need help coming up with jobs a villain may require a gadgeteer super to do, ranging all the way from low level to high level. Any complications/problems I can throw in the plans considering the situation? Ultimately the quest is about tempting the players with fruits of villainy, letting them decide whether they want to continue in this life or settle down peacefully once they're powerful enough to survive by themselves.

>my tithe for the thread
>>
File: 1358798522971.jpg (615 KB, 900x1272)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>80350937
It's just the one anon being particularly persistent about posting Power Girl, almost to the point of avatarfagging. Not that I'm saying she doesn't belong, but let's not jump to conclusions here.
>>
>>80352916
A gadgeteer would just be locked in a basement and be made to outfit the villains' goons with all sorts of gadgets and devices to give them an edge on the heroes. No way would the villains put their golden goose into the crossfire.
>>
>>80352781
I have too many ideas to need randomly generated anything.
>>
>>80352916
The exact same picture as the last coomer super thread
>>
File: Lockdown II.png (66 KB, 900x1200)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>
>>80353706
>coom meme
Back to discord
>>
File: Avenging Justice.png (1.21 MB, 600x515)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>80350450
I tend to think of villains in terms of 1) what their goal is, 2) how they are going to obtain that goal and 3) why they are pursing that goal. Depending on the themes or tone you're going for in your campaign you should find certain motifs that are common among many of your villains. Then you should throw in one or two wildcards. In most incarnations, the Batman villains for the most part would prefer it if Batman just left them alone and let them steal shit, whereas Joker and the Riddler specifically want to go up against Batman, and those two have a drastically different approach.

Having said all that, I have a particular weakness for the mirror-universe equivalents of the heroes. They're basically on the same power level as the heroes, just evil, or with some other spin on it. Depending on how the heroes tackle the problem, it could be fantastic idea fodder for countermeasures to employ against the heroes in the future.
>>
File: 1449906067251.jpg (147 KB, 541x1224)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>
>>80350450
Asymmetry is what I love most in villains. My go-to example is Killgrave in season 1 of Jessica Jones. He can't mind control Jessica because his powers don't work on her, and Jess can't just walk up to him and break his neck because she needs him alive to stand trial for his crimes (and because she doesn't know for certain that his powers don't work on her and can't risk checking in case they do). He and Jess cannot use their preferred means of doing things on each other and have no choice but try and outplay each other.

I like villains who barely play the same game as their heroes, so their victory/defeat conditions never line up. Doesn't mean I don't also a love a classic knockdown drag-out brawl.
>>
I want to slobber all over powergirl's asshole
>>
File: tinkerer.png (1.4 MB, 946x960)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>80352916
jobs a villain may require a gadgeteer super to do
>crack the computer lock on the safe
>re-write the code for some battle android
>jailbreak some superhero's gadget
>dox superheroes
>upgrade villain's tech/gear for a fee
>win the mad science fair
>make a supervillain version of Linkedin
>>
File: Wizardry-in-progress.jpg (120 KB, 1191x670)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Here's a (few) question(s) for all of you; what do you think of magic in a Supers setting? How do you feel it should be handled? Do you like it being like a technology that anybody can theoretically lean but specific people have a greater aptitude for, or do you prefer it to be esoteric background stuff that expresses itself in unique ways with different characters? And on that note, what are your thoughts on spirit beings like demons or fey interacting with the supers community at large?
>>
>>80350450
I've a question for this thread. Why do none of these "superhero" threads never seem to bother with the old TSR Marvel Role playing game. You know, the one that rates people's powers without number values but instead things like Amazing, Unearthly, etc (well except for class1000 and class 5000) I recall playing that a long time back and it was actually pretty fucking awesome. You had these karma points that you could spend to do various things. I recall it was a pretty fucking awesome system.
>>
>>80355142

Check the last thread linked in the OP there were multiple PDFs of the serial numbers filed off FASERIP system itself along with the website storing the old TSR Marvel stuff. Good luck Mighty Marvel Anon!
>>
>>80355142
Oh if anyone is interested. here's the basic players rules for it. It's literally 20 pages to get started. It's pretty straight forward. You can find it all here. https slashies mshgamer dot com downloads/ book-resources in case you're interested. It's worth looking at imo
>>
>>80355192
NICE! I missed that. I mean I see tons of champions of M&M stuff all the time, but MSHRP seemed to always be left out. It's a good system.
SO good job helping out! You rock!
Good luck to you as well Friendly Neighborhood helpful anon.
>>
>>80350450
>Superman but effeminate
Your thoughts?
>>
>>80355287
this site is better imo
https://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/

and here's the google drive link from the unofficial canon group (They make fan modules and sourcebooks)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B4FIJ1gUksHQFLqrNYZ439JSkpm8uH4U?usp=sharing

also the FASERIP retroclone has a print version for sale on Lulu
pic is the Judge's screen
>>
sex with Power Girl
>>
>>80355142
The ratings have numerical vales attached, smoothie. Incredilbe is 40, Amazing is 50.
>>
>>80355287
>>80355408
So I know there is a guide for converting M&M 2e to MSHRPG, but is there one for 3e?
>>
>>80355744
funnily enough yes
got this off a fan discord
>>
>>80355192
God I would love a crossover where Marvel's most prominent female characters fight DC's.
>>
>>80355376
So, Supergirl.
>>
>>80355814
>>80355376
JoJo-esque Superman
>>
>>80355782
Excellent, now I can convert all those builds that got reposted on rpg.net when ATT went down.
>>
>>80352916
Does the MC have any specialty as a gadgeteer, or is he your typical omnidisciplinary mad scientist?
>>
File: bbb_103.pdf (4.89 MB, PDF)
4.89 MB
4.89 MB PDF
>>80355806

Hyper endowed amazons battling doesn't need the excuse of justice underpants tied to particular license holders. There's Busty Barbarian Bimbos for that type of Beer & Pretzel adventuring.

Early version since the commercial release is too large for attachment.
>>
>>80355828
>JoJo-esque
Good God no.
>>
>>80356003
It's not just women fighting, I want to see specific characters interact with each other.
>>
>>80356336

Well then have some Guardians Of Galaxy crossover slappiness for both your patience and candor. Which battles would you like to see then my Marvel Zombie Zealot Anon?
>>
What makes for a good hero costume?
Like, I've never actually made a super hero before and I'm not sure what to do. Just slap on a fullbody leotard in bright colors and go fight crime?
>>
>>80356484
imo, simplicity is elegance.
get a logo, and pick a color scheme that looks nice and conveys a tone for the character. ponder over masks and capes etc
>>
>>80356484

Depends on your hero's abilities, background and resources. Is their costume a manifestation of the power set like the Human Torch, a means to disguise their civilian identity or a manifestation of their status that just happens to look good?

Where did your hero get their costume? Did they inherit it from someone, have to make it themselves or steal it?

https://youtu.be/aP1FZToPFxA
>>
File: Thunderman.png (66 KB, 900x1200)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>80356583
>>
>>80356838
perfectly fine
it looks like Captain Marvel Jr with a red cape but nobody probably remembers who that is anymore so you should be fine
>>
that lewd mnm supplement from the last thread sounded cool
>>
>>80351018
Golden Girl
>>
>>80353109
Imagine if that anon woke up as power girl
>>
>>80356460
Poison Ivy meeting Storm, I feel like that could be extremely interesting.
>>
Random fun super-fact. Once, the mayor of Gotham tried to arrest Abigail Arcane for having a relationship with a nonhuman, Swamp Thing. He did NOT care for that, and causes tress and vines to choke the entire city to the point no one could go anywhere, he was going to hold the entire population hostage to get what he wanted. Batman tried to stop him, Swampy beat him down with a small army of plant avatars and Batman's only alternative was to get the mayor to release Abby by pointing out there's a lot of humans with nonhuman partners, and he made a point of reminding him he was picking a fight With Superman of all people, so the mayor relented and released Abby, so Swamp Thing let the city go. Batman has plans for dealing with every superhuman on the planet, but has no way to deal with Swamp Thing besides giving him what he wants.
>>
File: E6dbqjlWUAY2fNl.jpg (39 KB, 748x748)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>normal human
>able to compete in the big boys league
What do you guys think of "badass normal" heroes?
>>
>>80357996
I think they have to be an order of magnitude more competent than the people with powers or they'll get torn in half within a month.
>>
>>80358019
Generally, I think they will need arcs after arcs of stories of them gradually upping the danger level of their heroics until they can hand what actual supers can handle on a day to day basis. Might seem daunting, but I think it would be a fun ride to see the transformation.
>>
>>80358019
Unfortunately without good writers that's only achieved by making other characters turn stupid the second Not Batman or one of his enemies shows up. One of the best cape things I've ever seen was a short comic where Superman wasn't turned into a retard just because Joker was around.
>>
File: superman mallet.jpg (151 KB, 640x989)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>80358138
>>
>>80358210
I meant the one written by Max Landis where Joker tries to fuck with Superman by hiding bombs, and literally faster than Joker can see it happening, Superman has followed the radio signals and brought all the bombs back to Joker, then roasts the shit out of him that he's too insane to be distinctive, that his "chaos" leaves him so ill-defined he has no real personality beyond being random, and that just because Joker doesn't get Superman, doesn't mean there's nothing there to get, it only means Joker's kind of dumb. It's also a low key roast of people who say Superman is boring.
>>
>>80358261
ah, I liked that one too. really liked the talking to he gave Batman
https://imgur.com/gallery/YdSYv/comment/195243535
>>
>>80350450
I want to be PG's villain just to force her to show her booba and butt to my face every week. I don't want to rule the world or get rich, I just want to molest and be molested by her. And maybe some of her alien friends, like Ms. Martian or Starfire.
>>
File: Handsome Face.jpg (35 KB, 834x563)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>80355136
Magic can be included, but it should be more or less its own thing. Doesn't mean that magical superheroes and villains can't interact though. A few lower tier villains might think it to be wise to bargain with magical forces to gain power, but this never ends well.

>>80355376
I remember the old times, anon.

>>80357245
He'd masturbate himself to death.

>>80357996
Where's the line between badass normal and low key superpowers? I have a not-Nightwing who was trained in no-Hokuto Shinken and so can take down threats much larger and heavier than she is, would that count?
>>
>>80359763
>Where's the line between badass normal and low key superpowers?
M&M defines the limits of "peak human" ability and world class skills, so any stats that go above that limit means the character is superhuman, whether or not they have things defined as powers.
>>
>>80360098
Yeah, okay. According to M&M this would be 7 for peak human achievement, so as long as you stay there and have powers that can be explained as coming from this you'd have a badass normal. Even then, the sidebar below that page in the M&M book says that whatever normal people can do is based on the type of game you're running. But I guess that 7 is a good cutoff point.
>>
>>80357245
>a girl that actually replies to tits or gtfo with a timestamped picture
Dangerous superpower, we'd need to pray that poweranon is a good girl.
>>
>>80360190

Could we build that as a technopath type of power suite or would it just be that sort of enthusiastic Powergirl pilot being able to win that eternal digital discussion?
>>
>>80357962
Hard to believe batman did not have a contingency against plant based powers considering he fights poison ivy. Then again she's not an avatar of the green.
>>
>>80360475
Plant powers maybe, but a bodiless being that can control plants on a worldwide scale, can grow new bodies at will, and is a physical match for Superman with no real weaknesses to exploit? Killing a plant body means nothing, Swamp Thing can always make more, as many as he needs, forever.
>>
How much blood and gore is apropriate for a superhero game? How do you do blood and gore well?
>>
>>80360370
Anon, did you have a stroke halfway into typing that? Are you okay?

>>80360475
As >>80360519 pointed out, the contingency plan for dealing with Swamp Thing is killing all plant life on the planet. That's a bit of a tall order.
>>
>>80361156
>How much blood and gore is apropriate for a superhero game?
Depends on the tone. This sort of thing is more or less a sliding scale, and is largely determined by how you describe the effects of people avoiding getting hit. Which I know sounds kind of weird, but let me explain.

Gritty and dangerous combat is often described with the combatants avoiding direct hits, taking cover, and preventing themselves from getting hurt in the first place. This is because when you have the attacks actually hit them and do actual damage, they can be more impactful, with the various descriptors used leaning more towards the bodily and sickening to drive home the impact. There's a different feeling from "the thud of a fist impacts against your chest" and "you feel the unmistakable crack of a rib breaking, and the sharp pain of the jagged edge against your skin.

By contrast, the other extreme is to allow everyone that runs in metahuman circles to be unusually durable, A sword swings towards someone, and he can casually do a bare-handed blade catch without the sword tearing off his palms. A pair of dudes with super strength get into a massive slugging much, each of them giving as much as they get.

Most comic books lean towards the latter, as they're meant to appeal to the fantasy of powers making you, you know, not need to deal with such things like a broken wrist. What I've found, though, is that the best tone to take is one where both are employed, because at the end of the day incoming strikes should have a different meaning for someone who's invincible versus someone who's just a normal dude fighting metahumans. It'll also give your players a sense of how tough someone is by your narration of how they deal with incoming strikes, and getting across information like that is terribly important for lore stuff. It can also make it hit much harder when the invulnerable guy fails to protect someone and they get fucking splattered by the villain.
>>
File: shard of glass man.jpg (103 KB, 500x702)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>80357996
I feel like they are somewhat underrated by players of superhero RPGs. Everyone wants to play a donutsteel awesome superhero and the relative mundainness of non powered supers is not as liked.
>>80357203
The anon is working on MnM lewd stuff.
>>80356484
Making it recognizable is important. Go all out and make an outlandish character that still fits your theme.
>>
i'm totally picking powergirl as a closeted sub anyway
>>
>>80362833
I think the villainesses are the subs, they just desire to be beaten by the hero who turns them into a good girl.
>>
File: Rascal2.png (67 KB, 900x1200)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Presenting Rascal Rabbit, shapeshifting pooka and prankster of evil!

I also have a version where his fur is black and white, but I feel like that's too evil-looking.
>>
>>80363463
Really like the design. Feel free to post the other design as well.
>>
File: Rascal.png (67 KB, 900x1200)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>80363576
Thanks! Here's the black and white.
>>
File: Space lady.png (91 KB, 491x647)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
Since we are posting character art Ill post some of what I have.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (33 KB, 523x700)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>80363463
>>80363889
Is he meant to look sort of like a child's doll?
>>
File: char consept2.png (87 KB, 417x545)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>
>>80364620
Those were $500 dollar sunglasses!
>>
File: Zartox.png (117 KB, 501x645)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>
File: Enoch Sterling.png (60 KB, 429x633)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>
>>80364535
Absolutely! Which of the color schemes do you prefer?
>>
>>80355376
you mean a super strong indestructible flying femboy? that would be based
>>
>>80366758
Incase drew that.
>>
>>80366758
Effeminate isn't the same as faggotry, Anon. They look like men yet act in a manner more womanly, at least less masculine.
>>
>Super strenght, super speed and invulnerability are just powers like the others and not exceedingly common, someone with them might not have other powers or someone with other powers, even strong ones, might not have them
>Super strenght, super speed and invulnerability are ubiquitous and almost all supers have them to some degree, they aren't even considered powers by themselves but just physical attributes supers tend to have
Which one do you prefer anons?
>>
>>80367044
The first one is alright.
The second implies all supers share a common original or someone (or group) created them.
Both are good for different stories.
>>
>>80367097
>The second implies all supers share a common original or someone (or group) created them.
Not necessarily, it could just be convergent evolution. Like the superhero equivalent of how crablike biology has evolved multiple times independently.
>>
>>
>>80367044
I do like the second one, just to get some stuff out of the way, but the first one can lead to more creative thinking if someone without any of those need to take down someone who has all of those
>>
File: egypt-map.jpg (72 KB, 700x819)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>a ancient being from Egypt awakens and sees his empire has fallen
>takes over modern Egypt and wants to restore and expand its former territory
>Ultimate goal: turn North Africa back into lush verdant lands again
Would he be a super villain or anti-hero?
>>
>>80367790
that'd probably involve flooding huge parts of the country, so yeah
>>
>>80367826
Magic rain ought fix that.
>>
>>80367790
>brings order to the Middle East
>restores beautiful Egyptian culture
>expels (((((((Them)))))))))
I say he's a hero!
>>
>>80367826
>Flooding huge parts of the country
It's Egypt, anon, it's not like anybody lives in the parts that'll get flooded.
>>
>>80367044
I run Weaver Dice, so the first. Instead of every fight turning into a slug fest there's a lot more tactical thinking
>>
>>80368072
Because they build damn during the time ancient ecobeing was asleep. Ethiopia and Egypt will get their dams destroyed and Nile can flood the cities of unworthy humans again.
>>
>>80357203
Thanks, anon. Got a small bit of work done today. Two more weeks and I have some time off from work, so I should get a lot more done then.
>>
>>80367790
Sounds like a territorial, conquering villain
>>
>>80363463
>>80363889
Do you guys have a preference on black/white or brown? I'm thinking brown looks warmer, more friendly, but black and white is probably the cooler of the two.
>>
>>80371180
NTA, but I feel like the brown looks better from a personality standpoint. The white and black looks 'cool', but more thematically dead.
>>
>>80367044
I like the first one. It makes training more important. And armored costumes are also more important if things like Super Strength, doesn't come with free Super Durability.
>>
So I saw some porn of some character with ADHD and I'm wondering how supes with mental illnesses like that handle being a competent hero? Would other heroes even allow it?
>>
>>80371348
Thank you! I appreciate it.
>>
>>80371572
Same way athletes with mental illnesses work - depends on the illness. ADHD isn't even all that bad when it comes right down to it, you just need some drugs to help them focus. A super who's autistically obsessed with a single thing can have that as an actual part of their power; being obsessed with cybernetics, or the ways that magic works, for instance. Crippling depression is a harder nut to crack than most things, but it should be doable if the super in question can get themselves out of bed enough to do it.

By and large, mental health is less of a limit to accomplishing shit with powers than physical disabilities are.
>>
>>80371572
As easily as anybody else would. You've probably met dozens if not more people who were doing well in their lives, professional and otherwise, with various neurological differences and never noticed it. Everybody has their own unique quirks which they learn to live with and even use to their advantage but some people's are along more standardized lines, this can actually be a benefit because it gives them a way to find like minds to learn from and discuss things. In many cases one can easily see how such disorders could prove an advantage for heroes just as they could be for non-modern (as in primitive to early/pre-industrial) societies.

The example of ADHD is actually a good one, it isn't the "Oh look, a squirrel!" shit that most people think of. It would be more accurate to describe it as a mix of hyper and hypo-awareness as well as task fixation and task switching. A tinkerer might work for hours or days without noticing where others would start to lose steam far sooner. Somebody on patrol is likely used to sifting through far too much input and picking out what's important so they notice a crime others wouldn't. They could also spend far longer on patrol or stakeout because they lose track of time in their focus on the heroics. The task switching would even help in picking up random skills and just adapting to situations easily. That isn't to say that they would inherently make better heroes just that there are more common differences to point to in how they would play out when, like anybody else in the hero game, they got into their groove.

Honestly take a closer look at notable heroes, you'd be hard pressed to argue that most don't have a host of conditions in the DSM/ICD. I mean Batman, seriously. The idea that others would get in the way of them doing good because of something like that is absurd and the individual who was getting in the way is likely showing that they aren't suited to heroing.
>>
>>80372034
>The idea that others would get in the way of them doing good because of something like that is absurd and the individual who was getting in the way is likely showing that they aren't suited to heroing.
I do like this idea as a one-off plot point, though. A character in a position of authority over the main character the story is focused on going "your test results say you have a mental illness, so we're not going to let you into the field anymore" is some prime ground for interpersonal drama.
>>
>>80372228
Eh, it's also really good grounds to get your players uncomfortable. Keep in mind that most such things are not noticeable or at least not so much that the average person could notice them. Your players could very well have experienced that sort of thing personally though most likely it would be worse than just grounding. Infantalization, neglect, and abuse are the norm and you don't want to bring up those memories in your players unbidden. It can be made more palatable if there's an instant fuck you response. Also the nature of supers means that there's rarely a superior who can ground them, when there is if you want to do something like that I'd suggest having the top of the organization come down immediately and hard on the person grounding. Basically use it to show the players that they're working for the good guys instead of their bosses people to resist.
>>
>>80371430
>if things like Super Strength, doesn't come with free Super Durability.
If it didn't, the character would shatter their body the first time they tried to exert their strength. Unless super strength doesn't come, automatically, with a greater degree of super durability, the character would kill themselves in a matter of weeks at most.
>>
>>80373185
While I agree with the sentiment I don't think it's technically true. If you had super strength and super regeneration but not super durability you'd probably be fine.
>>
>>80373237
Humans already don't exert their full strength to avoid hurting ourselves, it's the basis behind every single "super technique that almost kills you when you use it" the fucking Nips love so much. I don't think healing fast would change that.
>>
Want an opinion on a character concept: a NEET who discovers he has superpowers based on video games, but is actually a reality-bender with zero imagination.

Teleports by clipping through walls. Can cast magic until he thinks he runs out of MP. Summons weapons by "equipping them" from his "inventory". Has immortality but thinks he has lives and has to collect arbitrary power ups to come back to life.
>>
>>80373422
Sounds like a great villain, the heroes would need to figure out all kinds of gaming stuff to deal with him.
>>
Unique origins: go!
>>
>>80375006
Robot was built to kill a hero by a mad scientist; the robot is slaved to the now deceased mad mans last order: kill the greatest hero in the world. But at the same time, they're a fully sentient person without that little bit of code. Powers are a mimic of the hero with some robot additions. Just wants to live their life, but every action is met with "Does this bring you closer to killing [Hero]?"
>>
>>80375006
A mad scientist excidentally creates a pocket universe that evolves a spicies of sentient aliens. Feeling responsible for what he brought into existance, the scientist journeys into the poket world and becomes its protector and eventually ruler. Under his guidence the aliens create an advanced civilization where poverty and crime are a thing of the past. However They faced an energy crisis having exausted the resources of their own dimention the scientist and his civilization set their sights on conquering earth and the rest of the universe.
>>
>>80367790
i'm pretty sure black adam did this at some stage, the JSA got all butt-hurt about it and it eventually ended up going to shit, because black adam cannot have nice things, because he's a knob.
>>
>>80373283
super strenght doesnt necessarly means that you muscles are super developed, you may be capable of easily lifting enormous weights just because of a supernatural influence/tactile telekinesis
otherwise if your strenght just comes from breing inhumanly jacked, then yes it would come with super-durability, because if you are bigger and have lots of dense muscles you are tougher than someone who doesnt
>>
>>80375006
Pratfall was popped into existence by a Mr Mxyzptlk expy called Slapstick when his mother repaired his waistcoat and she made a half-hearted comment that was interpreted as a desire to have a baby. So Slapstick popped a bady into existence that was genetically her son, and as the boy grew up he discovered his access to the Toon Force, which he started to use for good as the cartoonish superhero Pratfall. Once a year on his birthday Slapstick shows up to take Pratfall on a wild adventure that lasts the entire day and the guy can't remember much of the day afterwards, only that it was a lot of fun. Slapstick does this because he feels he owes this to the boy as his sort of father. Plus he may or may not expect the boy to take over for him some day, but that part he keeps to himself. In his day to day life Pratfall is a fashion model and the go-to model for his mother's work, a successful fashion designer who is considered a world authority on the hero-chique look.
>>
Since I have around 7 players but most of them have inconsistent schedules, I'm thinking of running a monster of the week type of campaign in a single city with whichever players can show up on that day.
Do you guys have any tips for this kind of campaing?
>>
>>80373422
There's a similar character in Mutants and Masterminds canon, he has real cheat codes.
>>
>>80375856
Shame on the JSA. Under Black Adam's Iron Fist, the Middle East would be finally at peace.
>>
>>80378445
Keep a subplot in the background that builds over the episodes so there's a sense of progression and weight to events.
>>
>>80373422
Farmbot. Can churn out weak duplicates of himself that can do menial tasks that the villain can do himself, but can't really improvise.

>>80379344
Yeah, Cheat Code. He's got an aimbot (+10 ranged attack), godmode and noclip (attained through Insubstatial 4, so he's not actually immune to harm), and a wallhack (penetrates visual concealment). Decent enough antagonist if you want someone with his style of villainy, but the heroes will want to deal with him permanently if they don't want to catch a bullet to the back of the head at the most inopportune time.
>>
>>80378445
Run a game using a different member of the rogues gallery, then if you manage to get everyone in the same place at the same time have them fight them all.
>>
File: Slapstickmu0.png (219 KB, 254x391)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>80378042
Unrelated to your idea but you just reminded of the old marvel hero who is also named slapstick. he was my favorite hero when I was a kid. I wish they didn't fuck up his character as much as they did nowadays
>>
>>80382815
Based
>>
File: smr_scope_of_world.0.jpg (137 KB, 1600x900)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
So I'm brainstorming for a superman-like action adventure video game. Specifically the controls. The fact that flying is so ubiquitous with the character means the core gameplay must include flying. The only games that does this well are Combat Flight Simulations like Ace Combat. Other games with flight only use them as transportation or are just third person shooters with jetpacks. Do you think people would play a superhero game with plane controls? What if it's an original one and not being licensed from established characters?
>>
>>80386622
>anon has never played a dragonball game the post
>>
>>80379566
yeah in retrospect their whole problem with it seems a bit off as he was a definite step up from the dude he overthrew, but then again the JSA lets hawkman make decisions and that fucker is legit on the spectrum.
>>
File: empowered_header.jpg (198 KB, 980x653)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
first for empowered
>>
>>80387201
I mean technically I've played Origins and Supersonic Warriors 2, but I haven't tried any of the recent ones. From what I looked up on picrel the combat is simple and flashy which looks good but gets repetitive later in the game. Apparently it's supposed to be an RPG. Still, it sold like 2 million in 2 months so I guess there're a lot of people who like it.
>>
>Masks is too dice light and narrow in scope
>Mutants & Masterminds is too dice heavy and broad in scope
What's a good system to split the difference?
>>
>>80354547
That's a neat design for a non-humanoid Galactus. I'm a big fan of the "space whales" trope.
>>
>>80354421
>mirror-universe equivalents of the heroes
I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about Ghost-Maker from the current Batman run. He's literally just "Batman but an actual murderer" which is a storyline that has been done to death and then some.
>>
>>80356484
What's the tone you're going for?
>setting wide(tacticool, spandex, thinly veiled fetish gear, sci-fi gear)
>character(color scheme, logo, personality)
>specific arc(angsty times, happy times, desperate times)
Really, if you aren't making a new suit every once in a while, what are you doing in your life?
>>
>>80389132
Cortex Plus/Prime or Sentinel Comics RPG are both pretty great.
>>
>>80386622
And now I want an superhero game in the style of Ace Combat, that is to say UTTER INSANITY.
>>
>>80386622
not /tg/ related but I always thought that a Superman themed advanture game ala Telltale would work great. Too bad the momentum for this sort of stuff is gone.
>>
>>80389132
>dice heavy
What does that even mean?
>>
File: 1505960201305.jpg (115 KB, 500x667)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>
>>80391798
It means he forgot or never knew that M&M is a single die system where any action requires 2 d20 rolls per turn at most.
>>
File: 1462312524338.jpg (1.02 MB, 1280x2001)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
What supers system is best for wehecles? What are some memorable transports that showed up in your games?
>>
>>80391766
I got inspiration from Project Wingman's final boss. Shit almost look like a climatic superhero fight.
>>80391793
That is the easy way out, yes. I still think Telltale should've done Supes instead of Batman.
>>
>>80395063
>That is the easy way out, yes. I still think Telltale should've done Supes instead of Batman.
This would work well. Or you could go full god of war/assuras wreath mode and make a beat em up emphasizing how OP superman and his vilains are.
>>
How tight can a spandex costume will be allowed to get before it counts as indecent exposure in public?
>>
>>80396811
It's not really about tightness - it's about body definition. If you're not leaving anything to the imagination, you're indecent.
>>
>>80396811
When you can see glands, the areola and outlines of orifices and anything past the outer labia you've crossed the point of no return.
>>
>>80350937
no
>>
Saw there was a Marvel Crisis Protocol thread a few days ago. Anyone else here play?
>>
File: 1599672916222.jpg (194 KB, 928x1200)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>No mini-agnostic capeshit miniatures game
Life is suffering.
>>
>>80402551
How do you have a miniagnostic minis game?
>>
>>80402551
Heroclix comes closest.
>>
>>80350450
What systems do you all run?
Tried to get into mutants & masterminds. Not sure if i'm retarded or what, but really couldn't 'get' it.
>>
>>80405936
M&M is rough to learn alone but with people who know what they're doing it's very easy, as long as you have half a brain.
>>
>>80405936
MnM. It's pretty easy to learn to play.
>>
>>80357996
I like those kind of characters a lot personally.

I made up a vigilante a while back called "Captain Cayman" who protects his home of the cayman islands and for most of his career he only dealt with the common street criminal and occasional crazy with a costume who managed to get a laser gun. Eventually however he starts seeing more and more heavy hitters come by and starts struggling to keep his home safe while more powered up crazies keep coming to his turf for some reason and starts getting a lot more attention then he'd like internationally.
>>
How do you guys deal with mind control as a setting element and/or plot device? What are important considerations you need to make to keep it from turning creepy? I had an idea to make a Heartbreaker style character, but I realized that I probably will need to tone him down to keep from straight up horrifying my players.
>>
>>80375872
If you can infuse your body with a telekinetic field that lets you lift stuff, that same field can protect you from harm. I too know what Superboy's actual powers are.
>>
>>80386622
Try DCUO, the flight controls are pretty basic but it's an MMO, not a game centered around a single character's power set. However there's a whole perk tree of moves that being able to fly gives you access to, which isn't bad.

Side note if SMR had better combat the game would have been pretty great.
>>
>>80405936
M&M, I prefer second edition.
>>
>>80407352
If you don't want it to be creepy, have it be a hero, who constantly struggles with the ethics of using their power on people.

Or just run Heartbreaker and let players be horrified, it'll motivate the players to run him down
>>
File: Spoiler Image (51 KB, 1280x720)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>80375006
Far beyond even the furthest reaches of the multiverse, there lies a realm of nonexistence - the proud and hateful antithesis to all creation. The royalty of this kingdom wage a cosmic war against conceptual existence itself - a bleak and self-injurious quest, bringing misery and suffering to those unfortunate enough to be involved. It is claimed, among those few combatants not fueled purely by spite, to be a war in service of love.
Exactly one (1) such royal warrior is provably telling the truth. They dedicate themselves not to the wanton destruction of all that is, but the measured pruning of unforgivable evil. Objective cruelty. Sadism without benefit or purpose.
There is a festering rot at the heart of creation. It will be expunged.
HEN-SHIN!
>>
>>80407352
Heroes mind control villains into surrendering, villains use it to bloodlessly carry out their schemes, either overtly or by implanting commands.
>>
>>80375006
Betty was angry at Stacy, because all the boys at school wanted an airhead with pretty boobs and not a smart nice girl like her. Betty plotted a revange, baked ultracaloric cake for Stacy's birthday. And Stacy is so dumb she ate it! Unbeknownst to Betty the yeasts she used were a sentient organism from higher dimensions and while they caused permanent bloating and flatulence issues for Stacy, they also gave her superpowers - they just need extra calories as fuel. Thus the heroine Galoric Supras was born and all food themed villains trembled.
>>
Guys I wanna fuck Power Girl.
>>
>>80350450
To whoever keeps making these /supers/ generals: I love and appreciate you
>>
>>80358322
Christ they talk like tweens
>>
>>80410608
No, they just don't talk like people who buy into batgod bullshit. Batman's villains are serial killers with gimmicks, compared to the savants the Flash deals with, the supernatural fuckery Wonder Woman keeps under wraps, and the reality-breaking gods Superman forces to tap out, nobody in their right mind in DC would give a shit about some asshole dressed like a clown.
>>
File: 1612492527714.jpg (29 KB, 449x498)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
I've been trying to create a source for the superpowers in my game to come from, like the mutants in X-men, or compound v in The Boys. I think making a feasible source would make the powers seem more grounded and believable but would I be taking away the creativity and variety from the powers? Or am I overthinking this?
>>
>>80410922
To me, one of the best things about cape comics is the variety of origins and nothing is excluded.
>>
>>80410955

I remember that time a company hired Chamber ( https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jonothon_Starsmore_(Earth-616) ) as part of a corporate superhero team and basically ran a cover story that he wasn't a mutant but got his powers in an industrial science accident because there's been so many of them it was the most plausible explaination.
>>
>>80351477
I love Victoria
>>
>>80410922
The way I'm running it in my game is that powers run on universal energy, which is largely conceptual in nature, which is why powers tend to have themes; when a super gets access to that energy, which is what gives them superpowers, it'll generally be sourced based on what the conceptual space of the thing that unlocked it for them is. Magic itself is the formal use of ritual and willpower to interact with this weave of energy, rather than using inborn abilities.

Does that technically mean powers are magic? Yes, but only in the same way that birds are reptiles.
>>
>>80410922
It's depend of what kind of setting you want - "everything and the kitchen sink" power origins (like main Marvel or DC) have it's perks.
>>
>>80410880
I was more referring to their vocabulary.
That and the fact that they're being weirdly competitive over 'coolness' which is weird for adults.
>>
>>80410922
>I think making a feasible source would make the powers seem more grounded and believable
Not really. Even if you go for a "realistic" origin lifting a skyscreaper with one arm will not feel "grounded and believeable." So just go for something that makes sense but don't overthink it.
>>
>>80410922
One of the main iconic traits of a supers setting is how disjointed the worldbuilding is. There's aliens, secret wizard societies, mutants, etc. And none have anything to do with any of the others.
It's not necessary to include that, just like it's not necessary to include colourful costumes, but take away too many traits like these and it becomes less superhero-esque.
>>
>>80411053
>Victoria
Who is that?
>>
File: wretch.jpg (95 KB, 1280x853)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>80411835
Glory Girl
:)
>>
>>80411861
IC
>>
>>80407352
One character that I played had the ability to implant suggestions into other peoples minds. You could still disobay the suggestions but it was hard. As for the creepyness factor its kinda inherent to the concept but I guess you could tone it down by toning the power itself down, like what if instead of mindcontrol you have emotion control?
>>
File: Numerous.png (1.68 MB, 1560x897)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>80411073
This is pretty cool

>>80411652
The craziness of supe worlds definitely adds to the appeal. Are there any other common power origins besides aliens, magic, experiments gone wrong, high tech, and genetic mutation?
>>
>>80412786
Here are some nice ones:
>found alien artifact.
>being a demigod
>demonic pacts (Faustian rebelion optional)
>cosmic radiation exposure.
>badass training
>being an alien
>>
File: file.png (727 KB, 794x744)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
How would you stat out this guy in Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition?

Jack D'Arby
>>
>>80413130
>>demonic pacts (Faustian rebelion optional)
To an lesser extenct magical girls - you make pact with cute animals or a dress that gives you powers and helps you to navigate the difficult world of adults and guides you, so you can grow up yourself.
>>
>>80413576
Give him an affliction effect (turn into gambling chips, resisted by will) to represent his stands ability. Take slight of hand skill to represent his overall cheating ability. The rest of his stats would represent a more or less normal person and his brother would be more or less the same (except gamer).
>>
File: Empowered.jpg (452 KB, 1191x1650)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>80388302
Emp is awesome.
>>
>>80413684
>To an lesser extenct magical girls - you make pact with cute animals or a dress that gives you powers and helps you to navigate the difficult world of adults and guides you, so you can grow up yourself.
Do most magic girls sell their souls to the cute mascot? I thought it was just madocas?
>>
Well would you look at that? Its art dump time!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80413944
The price isn't their soul, but the innocence, slowly replaced by cynicism of adulthood.
>>
File: 1620469027685.jpg (81 KB, 400x829)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
>>80415353
>The price isn't their soul, but the innocence, slowly replaced by cynicism of adulthood.
Anon, you and I know the girls would eventually loose their innocence even if no magic girl powers where involved.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80402090
My local game store started stocking Marvel Crisis Protocol stuff and some dudes that play Star Wars Legion are playing it.
Saw that Blade is getting a release so now I'm interested in it
>>
>>80416445
We know it, but the girls don't.
>>
>>80411326
>I was more referring to their vocabulary
If you know tweens who talk like that I'm genuinely impressed.
>>
>>80404976
Check Kings of War. Unlike Warhammer and other heavy-branded games you don't have to use models sold by the game's publisher.
>>
File: Mecha & Manga Cover.png (2.86 MB, 1257x1632)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
Yo, lewd M&M supplement anon here, and I was wondering how the fuck I can even compete if Green Ronin themselves put bootleg Issei on one of their 2e supplements?

Before you ask no, is not that great with the artwork ranging from pretty nice to "how to draw manga" tier.
>>
File: 1626811316645.jpg (204 KB, 1665x2025)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>80350450
What is in general the best supers system?
>>
>>80418179
Depends on what you want it to do. Masks can work if you want to do teen melodrama with superpowers, but if not Masks is not your best pick. FASERIP, M&M and all the other systems mentioned in the thread have their merits. Hell, you can even pick up Risus if you want to.
>>
Getting a hook at your thread, wich systems do you recommend for Superhoeroes?
>>
>>80418320
>>80418179
Oh fuck, this wasn't here when i post mine
>>
>>80418179
>>80418320
Mutants and Masterminds is the best choice if you don't already have a group or are looking for a group online because most potential players are going to have an easyer time with a d20 like system. That said there are a lot of great systems outhere. Personally I also really like FASERIP.
>>
>>80418254
>>80418780
FASERIP?
What does it stand for?
>>
>>80418948
>Fighting
>Agility
>Strength
>Endurance
>Reason
>Intuition
>Psyche
Its an acronym for the games stats.
>>
Let's post photos and have anons make characters based on them. ill start.
>>
>>80418065
Yeah, that book has material specifically for ecchi content.
>>
>>80419130

Plaid Burstwrist is an enforcer whose distorted body hides tremendous resiliency and strength. His greatest asset is his unflappable professionalism and intimidating reverence towards the briefcase that is part of his "Workday" ensemble.

His masked attendant Syrupain (pictured upper left) helps with the tables, ropes and chairs when he prepares the "PB & Jelly" interrogation techniques that made him the bogeyman of Typecast Downs.
>>
>>
>>
File: bloody knuckle bruce.jpg (79 KB, 900x1274)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>Strength
>Stamina
>Healing
>Can command other goblins
>Thick, brutish british accent
>>
>>80419130
>>
>>80389132
Marvel Heroic/Cortex Prime
Prowlers and Paragons: Ultimate Edition

>>80389308
Sentinel Comics RPG looks very similar to Cortex, what does it do differently? Seems like it has more limited powers as well.
>>
>>80421570
The blue brigade is an elite team of alien hunters employed by the goverment to detain ilegal space aliens.To the left is leutenant shades the cool and collected member of the team, his shades are surgically implanted into his skull allowing him to see in the infro red and ultra violet frequency ranges. Sixshot is the hot headed weapons master of the team. He hates all space aliens since they abducted his wife. To the right is Pablo, the heart and soul of the team as well as the comunications expert.
>>
One thing I find fascinating, and I’d love to include in a campaign, is “The Snap” from those Avengers movies where half of everyone in the universe died.

Unfortunately, the movies didn’t focus on what was really interesting: what would happen to the world after half of the population disappeared. Which governments would collapse, which would endure? How would the world change in unexpected ways when we lose half of the workforce, half of the students, half of the doctors, firefighters, police, prison guards, etc?

And what sorts of crazy bullshit would happen if they all suddenly came back five years later?
>>
>>80421630
It's a bit more tightly focused and has a simpler dice mechanic, but it has an interesting tactical combat loop because of the Green-Yellow-Red escalation and the combat timer track.
>>
>>80422019
>what would happen to the world after half of the population disappeared
I'm pretty sure that's what "the Falcon and the winter soldier" is supposed to be about. More over how would you go about doing that? Would the PCs have to deal with the colapse of a nation or looting in the streets? Also wasn't the snap supposed to make things "better" for some people? (I know super retaarded concept but still.)
>>
>>80422195
Personally I combined it with Invincible killing off the Guardians and limited the inexplicable deaths to the superhuman community, both good and bad, and what happens when lesser known supers rush to fill the vacancies in their society.
>>
>>80422195
Ah dammit now I have to watch that show. I avoided it because it looks a little too actiony.

But yeah, some possible ideas include: civil war, prison breaks, collapsing governments, etc. However, theoretically, yes it would essentially eliminate things like global warming and would maybe make things like poverty a bit better, idk?
>>
>>80418179

Feng Shui 2e
>>
>>80422195
>I'm pretty sure that's what "the Falcon and the winter soldier" is supposed to be about.

It's Disney now. It will just be about, "wymyn gud, mans bad XD"
>>
what edition of Mutants and Masterminds is current?
>>
>>80422905
I skipped FaWS but Wanda in Wandavision and Sylvie in Loki were not portrayed as unambiguously good. And there were major female baddies in both of those shows as well.
>>
>>80422946
3rd
>>
Will it be kino? Kickstarter TTRPG books are a dime a dozen and generally ass. But I’m a Jae Lee mark.
>>
>>80422711
FaWS does have a lot of action - to be expected, since you know, it's an MCU production - but the antagonist/villain group is doing their thing specifically because of what happened with regards to the Snap and Hulk bringing everyone back in Endgame, and they talk about the geopolitical fallout of it quite a bit.

>>80422946
As the other anon said, 3rd is the currently supported edition (the 3rd edition core book was released in 2011, but DC Adventures was basically 3e and was released the year before that), with no 4th edition in the works as far as we know.
>>
>>80423875
>5e
And for that reason, I'm out.
>>
>>80424160
qrd? cant find the site
>>
>>80424425
It's literally right there at the top of the image. Going to the site doesn't say its 5e, but the site has a link to their Twitter and Instagram pages, with the former saying:

>Legends of the MetaVerse, a 5E Superhero Tabletop RPG coming to Kickstarter in 2021
>>
>>80424160
Agreed that 5e is mainstream trash. But have you ever tried to get a table of normies to play a supers rpg?
>>
>>80424530
Yeah, by spending two seconds to explain how M&M works, it's easier to get them to try that than a fantasy game regardless of system.
>>
>>80424541
Two seconds to explain M&M to people who learned about D&D from Critical Role? Just say your patrician tier and only game with other fa/tg/uys. It’s ok anon. I’m actually jealous.
>>
>>80350450
can anyone recommend a good youtube series or something to help someone learn to DM M&M? Struggling to understand how powers and health and shit work since i'm a 5e babby.
>>
>>80424667
>>80424541
My fudging sides
>>
>>80424541
M&M is the 5E of supers. In that's it's absolute fucking garbage, and people are too retarded to try anything else.
>>
>>80424667
If you get hit you roll a d20 and consult the table. Horizontal axis is the strength of their attack, vertical axis is the result of your d20 plus your Toughness. Every time the result is in one of the blue, green or yellow boxes you substract 1 from the result, these stack in a fight. If you hit red you go down, if you take damage after being in the yellow you also go down.
>>
>>80424889
Much appreciated
>>
File: Hawkeye.pdf (445 KB, PDF)
445 KB
445 KB PDF
So a player of mine basically just wants to play Hawkeye, and he found this to use. It seems ok, the only thing that stands out to me is the Skill Mastery: Bow. Should Skill Mastery be allowed for combat skills?
>>
>>80424917
Routine Checks (p.13 Deluxe Hero's Handbook) specifically lists fights as a situation in which you roll checks, and that routine checks are made under less pressure. So no, I would not allow routine checks in combat.
>>
>Aquaman, but he' a crazy beach hobo benign eco-facist wearing only a octopus as a loincloth and oyster as a helmet
Your thoughts?
>>
File: 0neAHGT.webm (563 KB, 346x196)
563 KB
563 KB WEBM
>>80424917
>>80425291
Personally, I'd allow it but only for things like webm related
>>
>>80424579
It's a d20 system that uses the same ability scores but only one dice, and 99% of the time you'll only need to roll it once or twice a turn. Any D&D player already knows the basics of how to play M&M, all you need to do is tell them what point buy is and how a Toughness save is their HP.
>>
>>80424755
Sorry anon, but it's the best supers system in print, even the downgrade to 3e didn't topple it from the top of the mountain. It's biggest strength is how easy it is to learn, the base mechanics can be summed up easily for anyone to understand, and characters are only as complex as you choose to make them.
>>
>>80424917
absolutely, that's a big part of Hawkeye. The actual M&M character Bowman has the same advantage.

>>80425291
Skill Mastery specifically allows you to make routine checks under pressure, that's the point, and the section on Routine Checks in the handbooks mentions that certain skills and traits change what is considered "routine"

Anyone can do a routine check for their attack on minions for example.
>>
>>80422470
>Personally I combined it with Invincible killing off the Guardians and limited the inexplicable deaths to the superhuman community, both good and bad, and what happens when lesser known supers rush to fill the vacancies in their society.
That also happaned in "the 52" by DC.
>>80422711
>Ah dammit now I have to watch that show. I avoided it because it looks a little too actiony.
Doesn't that apply to every Marvel film or tv show ever?
>>80422905
Nah its about "le inequality" as far as I can tell.
>>80422946
>what edition of Mutants and Masterminds is current?
(you) decide.
>>
>>80425300
>>Aquaman, but he' a crazy beach hobo benign eco-facist wearing only a octopus as a loincloth and oyster as a helmet
Actually kinda cool but the octopus lioncloth is a bit too much for my taste.
>>
>>80426829
You just described a number of different systems that aren't M&M. The only mountain it's on is the same trash pile that 5E is. Are you going to argue that 5E is the best system because it's the most popular?
>>
>>80426816
None of this is true. It takes a group of new players an entire session to roll up characters in M&M. And even then you might not get everything worked out.

The players all have to agree on the power level of the game, which never works because some guy wants to be Superman, another guy wants to be Daredevil and someone just wants to be a wacky, quippy MCU character.

And the structure of the game, from role play to combat, is so different from what they see on DnD live plays that they can’t make heads or tails of it. I’ve tried to get normies to play M&M three times already. And it never works. If you say otherwise, you’re either lying or playing with autists who are familiar with the game.
>>
Anyone have a idea how to adapted cyberpunk version of firefly?
>>
>>80432466
He's not particularly difficult to adapt, he's literally just a crazy (literally, he has pyromania) dude with a jetpack and flamethrower.
>>
>>80428988
Sorry, but that's M&M
>>
>>80430116
>None of this is true
It's literally all true.
>>
>>80433332
>>80433346
Stop shilling your shitty system and fuck off. These threads are better off system-neutral.
>>
>>80433502
If you want the thread to be system neutral, why are you disparaging systems? Why aren't you telling the guy who asked about a system to fuck off?
>>
>>80433742
Talking about systems is fine, but you M&Mfags come in and ruin it for everyone. Not everything has to be about your shitty system.
>>
Hey!

I have a friend that wants to run a kamen rider super hero kind of game but he doesn't know what system is best for it. Rn he's thinking of reflavoring 5e for it, but I'm checking to see if there's a better alternative.
>>
>>80433855
Depends on how much crunch he wants. Rules light or heavy. Pulpy or cinematic. Etc. There's a few good system to recommend. And anything would be better than using 5e for it.
>>
>>80433781
So when someone asks for a system recommendation people have to clear it with you first if the one they like is allowed?
>>
>>80433901
Still figuring out.

He's huge into it so I would imagine cinematic, but something easier to learn since our group will be learning it fresh.
>>
>>80433923
Nah, you can recommend it all you want. But you're like the D&Dfags. You assume it's the default, and that everything revolves around it.
>>
>>80433933
Prowlers & Paragons might be a good option. It's pretty easy to learn, and rules light. Nothing too complex and you can make any powers you want.

ICONS is another good option. Even more rules light. Definitely leans on the cinematic because of that. Narrative over crunch. Powers are pre-written but you can flavor them however you like.

Savage Worlds with the Super Power Companion is also a really good choice. Easy to learn, and since it's a universal system you can use it for other genres and settings in the future. It leans more on the pulpy side of things, but you can absolutely make it cinematic if you want.
>>
>>80434024
Thanks!

I'll pass this along!
>>
>>80433855
Since I was thinking of doing the same, my options were Cortex Prime, because I like Marvel Heroic and the system is pretty flexible, HERO because I've heard it's pretty good once you get the hang of character creation, M&M because it's the most known super system and it might be easier to get players for it, and lastly there was a homebrew a guy made that I liked, I think it was called Rising heroes.
>>
>>80434747
I've heard and remember M&M being kinda crunchy, couldn't wrap my head around the character creation at the time
>>
>>80434943
It is crunchy but not overly so I'd say, and due to being the most popular super system there's a lot of tutorials, guides and people who probably already had questions you will have about the system answered.
But if your buddy wants a narrative system, I'd go with Cortex.
>>
File: 1566808318256.jpg (91 KB, 520x800)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>80350937
the only other mascot I'd accept is She-Hulk
>>
>>80435678
>the only other mascot I'd accept is She-Hulk
Maybe we should?
>>
>>80427820
>Doesn't that apply to every Marvel film or tv show ever?

Not necessarily every one. I’ve been liking the other recent series (Wandavision, Loki) partially because they cut back on Big Dumb Fight Scenes. Thor: Ragnarok might be another example- it had action, but the focus was mostly on comedy even during the fights
>>
>>80432466
>The Eco path
Radical arsonist who wants to burn down all the skyscrapers and doesn't care who gets in the way.
>The Merc path
The guys that get hired to do shit in cyberpunk settings are never all-there. A flying pyromaniac who's learned to turn his fetish into dollars would be right at home.
>The Cyber path
Firefly is like a mad bomber. He doesn't show up with a wingsuit and flame thrower, not unless he's cornered, but he operates stealthily as a phantom arsonist. He uses his wings to get into range and then uses hacker magic to cause machines to fail and explode. The only evidence points to an electrical fault inside the building. No one suspects the cause of the fire to be a wireless hacker flying outside the 30th story.
>>
>>80437324
I mean superhero genre as a whole tends towards action advanture. However marvel films relience on big dumb spectacle leaves one longing for something more. (the absence of big blue sky lazer is part of the reason "winter soldier" is my favorite MCU film) si I see where you are coming from.
>>
How do you handle colleteral damage in your supers games? Has a super fight ever escalated to the point where a city has been destroyed? How about a whole planet?
>>
>>80440131
If they roll above 3 they killed a random civilian.
>>
>>80440265
>If they roll above 3 they killed a random civilian.
>>
>>80440131
>>80440265
>not having the clean up/guardsman supe to ensure civilians are away and city damage is kept to a minimal
NGMI
>>
>>80440425
That's what the crowd control role is. A supe with suitable powers or training directing masses away from where ever all the action is.
>>
>>80440265
The Boys RPG.
>>
>>80434943
It CAN be crunchy, but your character is only as mechanically complex as you want them to be. You could go nuts with alternate saves, dynamic arrays and linked powers, but nothing requires it.
>>
>>80433937
>You assume it's the default, and that everything revolves around it.
Try to picture my condescending eye roll. If you're trying to get D&D players to try another system for a supers game, then how is the system most similar to D&D not the right answer?
>>
>>80443229
Mostly because the only similarity in any of the game's structure is exclusively the d20 system and skill ranks. Everything else is completely different.
>>
File: Antares.png (3.17 MB, 1920x1076)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
>>80435678
>>80351477
Unironically good pick is also Victoria Dallon/Glory Girl/Antares
>>
>>80443229
The right answer is to have them try a system that isn't complete garbage. Unless you want to keep them to keep their heads in the sewage forever.
>>
Has anyone tried playing in the wormverse using a game other than weaverdice?
>>
>>80447555
Planning on using Capes in the Dark, which... well, still takes some stuff from Weaverdice, but its a Blades in the Dark system still.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CMYKAHnLe6_mw88p8I-X0u6QfaNVbWotWWpLQ5g8XLQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>80447555
Wild Talents.
Hard Dice are only for all-or-nothing effects, you get bonus dice or gobble dice for sechen ranges, etc.
>>
>>80447719
Shut up x uh.
>>
>>80350450
Amanda Conner PG is best PG.
>>
>>80435678
>>80350937
I'm cool with either but PG seems to have it.
>>
Where do you guys like to get your character art from?
Do you just use those generic hero builder tools, or acquire them from elsewhere?
How many of you just use D-Listers?
>>
File: 1581922530116.png (981 KB, 1705x1000)
981 KB
981 KB PNG
>>80450570
I commissioned my art.
>>
>>80450523
The thread does not need a mascot.
>>
>>80450624
This gets posted a lot. That's your character?
>>
>>80450776
It is indeed. I specifically designed her to run counter to traditional forms of feminine beauty, though hilariously I generally still get one or two people saying they wanna fuck her from time to time.

It's actually unreasonably hard to get a monstrous looking character drawn the right way. The earliest attempts at finding an artist that could do it for me kind of failed.
>>
>>80450806
Boring!
Going counter to feminine beauty is a cliché.
>>
>>80451243
Meh. My character, my design. I do what I want, bitch!
>>
>>80451253
Sure, it is still a boring cliché, though.
>>
>>80451280
So's the perfect supermodel you see every female character run around as. I designed Scaleback the way I did because I hadn't seen anything else for literal years, so if it's a cliche, it's a pretty rare one.
>>
File: 1626981284044.jpg (99 KB, 450x681)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>80451302
Look at she-hulk and captain marvel.
Comic books have been making their females uglier for a while.
You must be living under a rock.
>>
>>80451509
That's funny because I was reflecting on how attractive She-Hulk looks in Immortal Hulk recently.
>>
>>80451509
Oh no, two characters out of, like, over a hundred per big name comics publisher. Woo, scary.
>>
>>80451586
Yeah and they are already backtracking like
>>80451579
Says.
Besides they are just two prominent examples alot of other characters have been made uglier to different degrees.

Face it no one likes to see not only ugly women but ugly people in general, look at the shitstorm that happened with I'm not starfire.
>>
File: carolamora.jpg (1.26 MB, 1988x3056)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>80451509
read comics
>>
>>80451668
I'm Not Starfire's problems have more to do with shitty writing than with character design. I'm not going to change a core aspect of a character's design just because one anon on an indian horse racing board decided he didn't like the aesthetics in question.
>>
>>80451697
Oh no one example!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>80451719
It has alot to do with the character design as she looks very similar to the writer.
So people come to the conclusion it is a shitty cope self-insert.
>>
>>80451749
exactly, like you anyone can cherry pick random examples because there are tons of artists across literally dozens of books, at any given time the big two and other companies have books aimed at coomers and the general audience and you'd know that if you read comics.
>>
>>80451891
Self-inserts are a problem with writing more than character design. I'm not saying you're wrong that it's a problem, just that it's nowhere near the problem that is hack writing.
>>
>>80452022
its not always bad though, theres a big difference between someone inserting themselves as say Nightwing's new perfect cool girlfriend in the main canon, and inserting yourself as a "perfect" superhero's kid to tell a non canon coming of age story about being different or whatever feel good plot the story is probably gonna be.
>>
>>80452151
Yeah. I actually spend a lot of time on the fanfiction boards of SpaceBattles, and a few of my favorite stories are SIs. The trick with those is that they require you to actually dedicate yourself to making the story work, rather than do wish-fulfillment, because those kinds of premises by necessity require significant character exploration to be anything but completely trite and hamfisted.
>>
>>80450806
>I specifically designed her to run counter to traditional forms of feminine beauty, though hilariously I generally still get one or two people saying they wanna fuck her from time to time.
These must be men of culture, then.

In all seriousness though, I've seen Scaleback before and I like the design. Why the belly button, though?
>>
>>80452555
>Why the belly button, though?
Same reason she has tits; she's not a reptile. She's a heavily mutated human.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.