[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613336763613.png (1.23 MB, 1500x1061)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Have you ever played a robot in a tabletop game? Did you play them any different from just another character except in metal?
>>
>>79733466
>Have you ever played a robot in a tabletop game?
Yes
>Did you play them any different from just another character except in metal?
Well for one he couldn't feel. You know those cars that beep whenever you are getting too close to another car or sound the alarm when they get hit? They sense, but don't “feel” like us meatbags do.
He also didn't have any kind of bias against any races or monsters, mostly because he didn't have programmed in him any sort of instinct against them (monsters won't eat him so why should he fear them?)
He had been sentient for a while so I guess he was a kinda ridiculously human robot, specially when in human disguise, but I still tried to play his limitations (no eating, no sleeping, monotone voice, obvious metal touch) on social interactions accordingly. It was actually quite fun whenever he was almost caught and had to come up with excuses to explain weird things.
>>
>>79733585
Up
>>
>>79733466
Kinda? In a game I'm in my character got upgraded into becoming esentially in a nanomachine slime, so now I can just change my form at complete will. Just happened last session, so the repercussions of this will come in the future.
>>
>>79733466
I played a Mr. Handy in a Fallout game that had been so abused by Raiders that his British accent had devolved into cockney/Australian. He was inspired by the reawakening of Liberty Prime to run away and join the party
>>
>>79738069
Did the party abuse him less?
>>
>>79736260
Nice. Hope you have fun anon
>>
>>79733466
do you think building semen-fueled robots would ever be a good idea?
>>
>>79739649
I assumed the fueling was supposed to go the opposite way?
>>
>>79733466
Was a droid in a Star Wars game. Very robotic, spouted protocol designations and Imperial code a lot. The fact that I could be safely disassembled came in handy a few times.
>>
>>79739613
It is, I'm having a lot of fun with that campaign, even if the GM isn't the best at the mechanical stuff.

Pic related how my character looks while in "normal" mode.
>>
>>79733466
They were a security bot for the ship who went a little too long without a reset. Still focused on company policy and following the rules no matter what, but he started to become the personal henchman and servant to the egomaniac psychic. He treated the robot like shit, but that's how he treated everyone, so in a weird way he was the only one who treated them as human.

They also were always the first person into a fight, and at the back of the group when they ran away. Which meant he got broken a lot and rebuilt in different forms. I got to be a hovercar once which was cool.
>>
File: 1609780105450.jpg (253 KB, 1561x1396)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>79733466
Nope, but I'm looking for a good campaign to play such character.

I'm pretty sure that creating a robotic PC that behaves exactly like a human would be extremely boring, though. It would be more exciting to roleplay something distinctly alien to humans, having various peculiar principles, perceiving the world in a completely different manner.
One might take some inspiration from Asimov stories, how robots often just can't empathise with humans, how various emotions are know to them as just an textual entry in their data cores.
>>
File: shaper.png (202 KB, 969x720)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
Warforged counts right? I played him more logical and efficency minded. Plus casually taking advantage of some aspects of being metal.
>>
>>79733466
I would like to apologize for being rude. I may not agree with you on everything you do but that dosent mean I hate you

im very sorry for offending you
>>
Played a scientific robot for a robot only campaign who very poorly interpreted how humans acted and attempted to mimic them.
He slaughtered every human in the research vessel he was in, attempting to mimic war and then reprogrammed every mining and construction droid to help him create a church.

Said church was the entire length of the vessel, roughly 12km and featured several offshoot rooms and was made to be as hostile as possible for anyone traversing through it.

(Also the DM let me run the "dungeon" which was unique but apparently other players liked it more than the stuff he did.)
>>
>>79738077
It was a very short campaign, but I guess going from target dummy to pillow for a homeless child is kind of an upgrade
>>
god, i can't stop playing robots. every time i try to make a character in a system that supports playable robots/robot-like entities i always drift to "hmm but what if metal man"
there's just so much potential for fun roleplay with robots
>>
>>79739649
No, but that should he no reason to stop your magical realm
>>
>>79733466
Why do daftpatriot started doing vore?
:(
>>
>>79752345
that's vader-san
>>
Why so furries try to ruin everything?
>>79736006
>bumpfag is a furry
Of course he is
>>
>>79752717
I'm pretty sure Daftpatriot also does vore just in his alternate account.
>>
>>79747615
>(Also the DM let me run the "dungeon" which was unique but apparently other players liked it more than the stuff he did.)

Based
>>
>>79733466
I play a robot in any game that allows it. Warforged are also cool.

I play them as outwardly one-dimensional in their speech, picking a persona and effectively speaking like everything is a prepared response. Their actions beyond these statements are what betray the genuine sentience and human emotion behind their metallic exterior, so you have to get to know them to see that part.
>>
File: phyrexian unlife.jpg (42 KB, 512x374)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>79733466
The most unique character I've ever played was a sort of phyrexian themed hivemind. My ACTUAL character was the consciousness itself, but the GM had a list of the various bodies I could control through leadership alongside my Command Platform (a cleric of sorts). I forget the spell, but in Pathfinder it essentially allows the caster to project their perceptions into any inanimate object that bears their likeness. This is how the GM allowed me to project the hivemind consciousness into the various constructs. It was sort of busted how my character(s) were essentially unlimited so long as the hivemind exists, but at the same time the rest of the party were working towards immortality and such anyway.
My main array of platforms consisted of my command unit accompanied by one or two Large sized combat units with harpoon launchers & chainsaws and sometimes a stealth unit that can make a full round pounce attack. If any of them are destroyed, I can just call down a replacement from the ships in low orbit. I think I also got away with converting some humans into platforms to serve as cannon fodder. Phyrexian sort of stuff is icky like that.
>>
>>79739649
Only if, in your setting, semen is imbued with life-force, as real-world sex mythology suggests.
At that point your robots are basically succubi, though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.