[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 127398712638791.png (2.83 MB, 1346x934)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
Previous: >>79724982

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>Thread Question:
What is the dumbest edh related opinion you have ever heard?
>>
TQ is too easy, should specifically say from someone not on/associated with the RC
>>
File: 239836_200w.jpg (21 KB, 200x279)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I preordered 30. Call me dumb
>>
>>79732141
Probably the dumbest thing I've heard about EDH that wheels are bad for the format.
>>
>>79732207
Dumb.
>>
>tq
Hybrid mana should ignore color identity rules.
>>
File: 1622299117592.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>79732207
It's likely going to be reprinted in future commander products.
>>
>>79732207
why?
>>
>>79732315
thought vessel was over $10 before they reprinted it in commander legends. Torque is better than thought vessel most of the time
>>
>>79732335
yeah but thought vessel just gives a static effect that is pretty useful and timmy bait but I dont see Torque's ability besides the mana being useful enough for it to be more than a buck
>>
File: 83763.jpg (34 KB, 323x450)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
just "bought" this with the "money" I "earned"
>>
>>79732374
Are you ok? Are you being threatened?
>>
>>79732374
how did you "earn" it??
>>
>>79732374
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79732374
Friendly reminder that Shivam kicked your ass.
>>
Hell yeah
>>
>>79732402
Hell yeah
>>
>>79732430
>(3)
>>
>>79732341
>I dont see Torque's ability besides the mana being useful enough
any deck with artifact interaction will be able to take advantage of it. Rec sage becomes a kill spell, Abrade suddenly hits planeswalkers and enchantments, phyrexian metamorph can copy someone's oblivion ring. It has tons of utility and it's at least going to be a staple in 1-2 color red decks
>>
>>79732458
yeah it will be good but I was just saying its not as generically good as thought vessel is
>>
>>79732281
god its really fucked up that a 6 mana colorless tutor fucked that up
>>
>>79732494
huh?
>>
>>79732505
I was talking about beseech the queen since I pulled one from a set booster, and he said it was one of the reasons for that rule, but he could be talking complete bullshit
>>
have other anons had bad experiences with tcg player lately? most direct orders in the past 6-ish months have been a low point for me with notable issues
>>
>>79732402
>>79732430
Hell yeah
>>
>>79732584
this came as the backing to one of my orders, which displeases me greatly
other then that not really
>>
>>79732584
what do you mean?
>>
>$15 for lunch
nah
>$60 for a video game
no thanks
>$50 for a small piece of cardboard
now that's worth it
>>
>>79732207
Waiting for good art, personally
>>
What cards do you fear?
>>
>>79732402
Hell yeah
>>
>>79732872
Heartless Hidetsugu mass suicide tribal
>>
>>79732871
gay ones like cyclonic rift
>>
>>79732871
proxied force of wills
>>
>>79732891
Dude is crazy in Neheb, the eternal. Generate a ton of mana for a game ending burn spell. Truly the best way to win.
>>
File: alts-kiku-sung.png (1.06 MB, 672x936)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>
File: Inspector Gadgets.jpg (51 KB, 400x558)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>ESPER SENTINEL DRAWZ GURDS N WHYTE
Lol, Clue tokens go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
But seriously, how the fuck are retards sleeping on this value engine. It's the next Smothering Tits
>>
>>79733009
>4cmc
>requires you to get attacked

Looks like bulk bin material
>>
>>79733009
>how the fuck are retards sleeping on this value engine
because its 4cmc do nothing enchantment and for that slot there are way better options than slow draw value even in whyte.
>>
>>79733009
I just make urza bot, then my tithe makes a clue treasure and food.
>>
>>79732185
How's it feel knowing that the man with the single most influence on EDH is a drooling retard who thinks Wheels should be a banned mechanic and the reason why he doesn't is because he knows he can't get away with it? While also saying in the same article that coffers is broken implying that any color not green shouldn't have any access to ramp?
>>
>>79733033
>Inheritance
You have to wait for creatures to die and pay 3 for each
>Dawn of Hope
Pay 2 for lifegain triggers and on its own you need 3W just to make the soldier that MAY connect for a trigger
>Mangara
Please sir, may i draw a card when you meet my specific conditions?
>>
File: m19-35-revitalize.png (1.4 MB, 745x1040)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>79733075
>drop a 4cmc enchantment
>wait for opponent to attack you out of pity
>spend 2 mana to draw a card

Yeah man you can keep your six mana draw a card. I'd rather run Revitalize than that shit.
>>
>>79733133
>Revitalize for ONE cantrip draw
>Search the Premises stacks multiple clues to draw more as the game goes on
Oh so nobody will attack me at all when i play it? Sounds good to have such an intimidating enchantment then. Unless you want to play the strawman argument of "dies to removal"
>>
>>79732992
hate it
>>
>>79733009
>cmc
>requires your opponents to do something to trigger it
>resource it generates requires even more resources to draw you a card
its not as good as you think its a lot of hoops to get card draw I mean fuck by the time you draw your first card you are 6 mana deep
>>
File: mtg_komoko.png (337 KB, 375x523)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>79732992
love it !
bring back full out rockin tittahys
>>
>>
>>79733009
literally less efficient than Mind's Eye
>>
>>79733207
>abzan
>isnt +1/+1 or graveyard shit
no way fag abzan isnt allowed to do anything cool or fun
>>
>>79732893
Gay? Do you even know what fear is son? You don't just call death a fag, and some blue candy-ass tempest is most not definitely not entitled to the title of ''Fear'. How many rift have you lost to? It's just some faggy rain and faggier winds. They resolve left and right and most of them just slow the game a bit.

Now picture one of the asshole playing with you. He's at 53 lifepoint and he plays an Aetherflux reservoir.
Silence.
he stares at your board.
Time freeze. or slow. or whatever.
You're not trailing behind but... your sylvan library has been a pal... he glance over your lands... nothing scary but you playing green... this seem to be taking forever... you risk cracking a joke but the a gun between the eyes is a bad crowd.
...''graveyard...''
''Hun?''
''Can I see your graveyard?''
you gasp. a mistake, you were dazed.... You hope that he didn't hear that you misheard him and you hastily land him your grave. He gives it back after going through it out and moves to the dude on your left. He still remember how cold his face seemed when it drained of it blood in fear, and the contrast with yours going back to your head.

This is fear.
Cyclonic rift still gay
>>
>>79733009
It's a good passive thing, but most definitly not as good as smothering tithe. Mana is a much more cool resource than ''the opportunity of attacking you''. You are way more likely to pull treasure, granted they are not card draw, than.

Must be pretty fucking rad in a deck that force attack tho.
>>
To contribute to the end of the last thread, Wayne Reynolds is good, maybe even great artist, but he cant do angel. I have no fucking idea why. He's done a good bird art and many good females. Why can't he combine the two? It's fucking weird. Seriously, look up angel art by him. They're all terrible. Look up literally any other art by him and it's at least "ok".
Am I a schizo, or is this like some weird conspiracy?
>>
>>79733159
There's four people at the table.
TONS of EDH decks don't benefit from attacking repeatedly.

This isn't Standard where you win through chip damage, anon.
>>
>>79733297
Its becaues its either angles or angels and he chose former.
>>
>>79732207
idk anon, it's a gamble. I could see it reprinted in a artifact related commander deck but appart from that, if it's a straight to modern card, wotc will be less likely to reprint it as much.

It's a pretty good rock, but I wonder if wotc will continue on this trend of printing 2 cmc rock. I also think it will take time climb to a high amount
>>
>>79733311
Why not Angels WITH angles?
>>
>>79733190
>>79733211
>>79733277
>>79733026
Clearly you don't see it's true potential. Even without a forced combat deck, it still makes a resource when someone attacks you, artifacts even for Breya or decks that need tokens or permanent sacking. I just think it's worth a shot.
>>
Man i want to play MTG so bad. Fucking chink flu. Even if i chose to ignore it, none of my friends are willing to before they get vaccinated, and my entire family would shame me for doing it (not to mention the massive argument that i would get into). And the way things are going in my shit ass country, i'll be lucky if i get vaccinated before 2023. Guess i should bite the bullet and finally buy a webcam to play webcam magic, much as that sucks
>>
>>79733317
I mean, is it though? With the exception of artifact decks, pretty any other two cmc rock is better. I can't help but feel this is overhyped, along with much of the set.
>>
Anyone got that forced combat varchild infographic?
>>
>>79733334
I mean, I think it's best comparison is ghostly prison, and I can't help feel at 4 cmc its worse. Why can't WotC print good white cards at 3cmc. It wouldn't have broken modern or legacy and all it would have done is made it playable in EDH. Why does WotC hate people who play white? Or "white people" if you will.
>>
>>79733347
lmao get rekt faggot
>>
>>79733026
>>79733033
>>79733190
I think you guys are undervaluing the card. Cause with the way you guys are treating it it may as well read "Creatures can not attack you".
Creatures attack a lot guys.
>>
>>79733305
>TONS of EDH decks are durdly pillowfort solitaire that never attack
I'm not saying i expect Standard format levels of attacks, but someone will attack. And you're going to draw more from Search The Premises than the hollow claims of Gavin Verhey about how "Hear that? It's the sound of White players finding a slot in all their decks for this Esper Sentinel WHITE CARD DRAW"
>>
>>79731356
how the fuck would you even shuffle your cards without damaging them? Magic cards aren't built like playing cards.
>>
>>79733334
No I see the potential.
it's just not smothering tithe good. Lot's of deck will have to use combat to win games, but they choose when and how you draw.

One thing this card good is deter attacks.If all it cost me to prevent you from drawing is just to wait and kill you with some big flashy creature or some cliche way of pumping them.... I have an incentive to do that nah?
>>
>>79733347
I finally get to play again next week after months of only getting shitty webcam games in.
Thankfully two guys in my playgroup are working in a hospital so they're already vaccinated and one guy had the coof already, meaning I get to play with them and no one can say shit. Stay strong brother, soon you'll get to to T1 Winds of Change again
>>
>>79733009
>go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
God I fucking hate you so much.
>>
>>79733373
Just look at every PWC (powerful white card) they have printed at 4 mana
Mangara
Keeper of the Accord
Akroma's Will
and so on have a starting floor of 4 mana. That's because they want to keep White behind. Why else do you think they've designated the color as the "Catch-Up Mechanic" color?
>>
>>79733378
They kind of are though. Sure most modern playing cards are plastic, but most playing cards in the 90s were the same cardboard card stock as mtg. Also, that's kind of the purpose of the black/white boarders. It's so they can take some nicks here and there without damaging the art or text.
Magic, along with most tcgs, were intended to be played without sleeves. And it's only because cards are worth more money than try were intended to be worth, do people use them.
Well than and it makes shuffling more easy/random
>>
>>79733350
it's a god send for a few strategies and strict upgrade in those. Also, it allows green to hit creature with their removal since it's usually artifact/creature based. i'm sure there is a lot more.
>>
>>79733424
Honestly the idea of making a color the catch up color isn't a terrible idea on it's face, it just has to be good. Land tax isn't ramp, but its still a good card. That one foretell dwarf is actually ramp and yet is a terrible card.
>>
>>79733441
I can't help but feel you would just run rampant growth in it's slot and then run like, fight type removal or beast within in your removal, bypassing the need for that entirely. This seems more niche use more than anything. Not saying it's a terrible card, but I think most of the other options available art strict upgrades.
>>
>>79733334
>true potential

If we look harder at it, then the card is even worse.
It's four mana with zero immediate benefit. When are you spending that much mana? Are you blowing an entire turn to play it? Are you giving up building up your board, or are you crossing your fingers the game goes long enough where you can play it turn 8?
It relies on a non-essential act from an opponent. Let's say an opponent has a creature that benefits from attacking, like a Thief of Sanity. You get your Search out turn three, then get attacked by Thief of Sanity. You get your clue, but you lose life, your opponent gains a card advantage, AND most importantly you still have no answer to the enemy creature. Hell, you don't even have the card from the clue since you need to pay for it. Cards that attack early are rarely vanilla in EDH, so you're going to be setting up and taking a losing trade.
Playing it any later than turn four is throwing the game.
>>
>>79733430
>they kind of are
No they are not.
>>
>>79733540
Did you not read the rest of my post.
>>
>>79733478
see>>79732458
those cards see tons of play. so do verdant force, heliod's intervention, vandalblast, return to dust, nature's claim etc. If you don't need mana fixing because youre in 1-2 colors, and you're running even 1 of those cards in your deck, torque is a better option than rampant growth. Not to mention that you also get a mana on the turn you play it
>>
>>79733478
I'm with him, a 2cmc rock that functions as a Liquimetal Coating is a staple in mono G and R.
It's whatever everywhere else but getting to take out enchantments in R at all and turning your hyper efficient artifact removal in G into creature kill spells is amazing.
If it cost more than 2 I'd agree but it being theoretically playable just as a rock is what puts it over the top.
That said I would never invest in it, it's an uncommon in a set that'll be printed into the ground and will most likely find its way into precons in the future.
>>
>>79732207
It's a good card, but you might still be dumb depending on the price.
>>
>>79733575
>>79733568
I feel like if the removal synergies where going to make this a staple, you'd already see liquid metal coating at at least close to a staple in those decks already. Yes I realize it being also a 2cmc rock makes it a free roll and therefore much more likely to be played, but I've literally NEVER seen anybody in person, online, on a deck building website or a shitty internet forum Evey talk about how good the removal synergies with liquid metal coating are, which leads me to think that it might sound good in theory but not actually be great in practice.
Just my 2 cents.
>>
File: c21-263-sol-ring.jpg (79 KB, 672x936)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>turbo EDH
>extra rule 1: players start with 30 life
>extra rule 2: if a player has Sol Ring in their deck, they may start with it in their command zone, and they may cast it once from their command zone
>extra rule 3: cards named Sol Ring have shroud

Would you try it?
>>
>>79733681
Slight modification to your idea
>Sol ring had the following added texts:
>Sol ring can be your commander
>Partner
>>
>>79733681
Even better idea.
Every legendary creature have "partner".
>>
>>79733562
I did and you're wrong about that too. Playing cards get swapped out frequently because they become damaged and marked unsleeved. Magic cards also get beat up, not only on text and artwork but on places where it matters like the back and corners which can be seen as marking them, except unlike playing cards it costs more than a buck to replace a deck.
>>
>>79732402
I know I’m being greedy but I want more Legendary Eternals. These were the best warriors of the plane honed into perfect warriors by the machinations of Nicol Bolas. More than one of these has to be as based as Neheb.
>>
>>79733670
I agree that in most decks the liquimetal coating effect won't be relevant often. But sometimes it will be relevant. And that occasional utility is merely the cherry on top of the fact that it's a 2-mana rock that enters untapped (an archetype of card which is so highly valued that people even play pic related in non-planechase games)
>>
>>79733681
I already told my areas cedh group they should just get 6 card hands and start with their crypts. They said it went against the spirit of the format and just use infinite mulligans so they all start with it.
>>
>>79733347
>wanting to get vaccinated
>>
>>79733670
>ramp+ combos+ good removal isnt good at 2 mana
The cards a banger, cant wait to play it alongside liquidmetal coating, goblin welder and karn.
>>
File: destroy.jpg (803 KB, 1040x1778)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
>>79733670
I'm kinda loathe to use that argument but the reason for that (imo ofc) is that unlike Liquimetal, Torque is a free slot in your list.
You already want to run 2 cmc ramp. You already want to run removal, which in R and G means your options are very centered on artifacts, see picrel.
You're essentially not weakening your deck to turbocharge your removal, imo it's just correct in most cases to run Torque.

fucking gookmoot fix this shit
>>
>>79733305
Personally, I love silly little edh decks that win through chip damage
>>
>>79732609
Why don't people understand to use painters tape, an inner sleeve, both, or use a piece of paper to stop it from touching.
>>
>>79733909
what the fuck are you talking about jesse
>>
>>79734125
Anon is talking about in how >>79732609
shipped card is touching the tape that is holding the sleeve shut and questioning why the shipper did not use a method where the card would not come in contact with a sticky surface.
>>
>>79733009
What a fucking repulsive post
>>
>>79734345
To be fair, esper sentinel is a nigger
>>
>>79732207
I want to play it with Echo Storm so badly. And dunno anon, looks like a very versatile card, but it might also be reprinted quickly.
>>
>>79734369
You mean nigstick study?
>>
File: mh2-328-esper-sentinel.jpg (144 KB, 672x936)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>79734413
>we want this nigger turned magical
yes
>>
>>79733040
Not him, but considering the state of retardation of wotc, the subhuman takes rc makes are on an equal footing with the madness that the creators of the game are putting out.
>>
>>79733009
>6 mana draw 1
So this is the power of white
>You don't understand, it can be 8 mana draw 2! Even 10 mana draw 3!
How will I ever recover from such advantage
>>
>>79734452
>draw me the magical negro
how can wotc be so bigoted?
>>
>only come for /edhg/
>try checking out any of the other threads on /tg/
whew never doing that again this board sucks ass outside of here
>>
Back with some brewing: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-06-21-kSm-dakkon/
The cards in the maybeboard are the ones I'm strongly considering adding to the deck. Then I have some additional cards that I don't know if they fit, what are your guys' thoughts on it:
Aminatou, the Fateshifter
Brought Back
Detention Sphere
Esper Charm
Meloku the Clouded Mirror
Oreskos Explorer
Painful Truths
Patron of the Moon
Pilgrim's Eye
Pull from Tomorrow
Ruin Ghost
Scaretiller
Settle the Wreckage
>>
>>79734649
gonna be honest anon this deck seems like a fucking mess idk what strategy youre going for or how your cards will help you actually win
>>
File: eternal-dominion.jpg (223 KB, 672x936)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>79732141
This combo is funnier with Eternal Dominion
>>
>>79734726
I don't mind if you're honest, I'd rather have someone tell me my deck is complete shit than just having someone toss suggestions. It's a lands matter deck with Dakkon, wincon would be commander damage. It's a deck made for fun, no infinite combos, just some landfall triggers and Dakkon.
>>
>>79734780
nah man its too unfocussed you dont have enough shit to pump up dakkon or enough landfall triggers to make the lands matter I would say drop a lot of those flip cards, the landfall stuff, and give more things to pump dakkon if you want him to be the win con
>>
>>79734798
Esper doesn't have really that many landfall triggers to choose from, and I don't want to build Dakkon as just another voltron commander. The point of the deck is or rather would be: ramp, attack with Dakkon/tokens, win (or not).
>>
Why is mtg muddstah such a scrub? Damn he's bad.
>>
>>79734827
Ive built dakkon before use the esper ccolor identity to fuck around and have fun with the colors rather than trying force something when there isnt enough support for it
when I built him I did a control playstyle with just some funny stuff in esper and pet cards I like with dakkon being the control game ender
>>
>>79734649
>>79734780
at work rn so I can only throw some cursory glances at it but if you're going for lands matters/trying to abuse Dakkons ability you're gonna want to cram in as many fetch lands as you can so you can spam the mwith effects like Sun Titan
>>
>>79734853
becase "only plays edh" players are cringe and bad at the game and the youtuber scene is built to milk from retards who don't know better. Only good content about EDH in youtube is from people who dabble in format from time to time but are not exclusively about edh.
>>
>>79734888
edh youtube is garbage its either 144p unrecognizable garbage or the same 3 ecelebs advertising their garbage decks so retards will buy up all the nice cheap cards until they are 3$
>>
>>79732207
>I paid preorder prices
>On an uncommon
>>
File: boros fan.png (282 KB, 411x292)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>79732207
>30 dollaroos for nigger cards
yeah you show those bigots gurl! Don't forget to get the latest secret lair!
>>
>>79734982
wait its 30$ per preorder?
>>
I cannot be stoned my Eyes are open Eyes are open my Eyes are open my Eyes are open my Eyes are open IMMUNE TO DECEIT my Eyes are open my Eyes are open my Eyes are open my Eyes are open
>>
>>79734990
it's around a buck so 30 should be around $30
>>
>>79734997
>>
>>79734627
>outside of here
>>
Warning: timmy situation incoming.
I have Ancient Greenwarden, Aesi, Cream of the crop and Kodama of the east tree on the table. I cast Ashaya.
It ETBs as a land and thus triggers Cream, Kodama and Aesi twice thanks to Greenwardens ability, right?
>>
>>79732207
They better be in foil.
>>
>>79735178
Yes.
>>
>>79735180
>falling for the foil meme
>>
>>79734877
I do have most of the good fetch effects.
>>79734859
I guess your point makes sense, but having the deck just be esper control means I can play any commander, not just Dakkon, and I'd rather have a semi functional deck on theme, than a general deck where the commander doesn't matter.
>>
>>79735233
>being poor
>>
>>79735341
I agree with that anon. Foil is only better if it's etched foils like in the strixhaven set where the foiling just outlined the textboxes. Otherwise, your cards Pringle and it ends up looking worse.
>>
>>79735180
>buying foils in 2021
I shiggy diggy
>>
>>79732281
no lmao
>>
>>79735341
Nobody said anything about the pricetag, anon. Foils usually look worse.
>>
>>79734853
>>79734888
>>79734949
only edhtubers I watch are those chinks because they talk funny and are probably racist
>>
>>79735662
Which chinks?
>>
>>79735662
I only watch the one with the gay guy and the smug guy who have a podcast.
>>
>>79732402
Hell yeah
>>
i am considering building a madness deck.

how does it play? very combo-ish?
what commander would you use? I was considering arja falkenrath but i am open to suggestions
>>
>>79732871
"No good will come of this."
>>
>>79735678
games haven
>>79735687
afc? can't stand their faggy demeanor
>>
>>79732992
Korean MMO-tier art is a decided downgrade. Try harder next time.
>>
>>79733681
No
>>
>Arixmethes isn’t a land until after it has entered the battlefield. Effects such as that of Blood Moon won’t affect its enters-the-battlefield ability. Similarly, replacement effects that modify how creatures you control enter the battlefield will see Arixmethes entering as a creature rather than a land. However, triggered abilities (such as landfall abilities) will see that a land has entered the battlefield and not a creature.

Wait a second, so does that mean cards like Selvala, Heart of the Wilds will only see it enter as a land, thus not trigger the etb?
>>
>>79735877
>Arixmethes isn’t a land until after it has entered the battlefield.
so it enters as a creature
I think
>>
>>79735763
>very combo-ish?
thats the only way to play it
you keep digging through your deck with Anje until you find [insert combo here]
there are like 2 or 3 madness cards that are actually worth playing, not even dedicated self discard decks really play them
>>
>>79735937
>However, triggered abilities (such as landfall abilities) will see that a land has entered the battlefield and not a creature.
This is why I ask. The two sentences contradict themselves
>>
>>79732141
I pulled a Gisa from a Jumpstart box, it's better to just slap high power cards with drawbacks like Soulgorger than to go full zombie tribal, right?
I need a mono B deck so I can have all mono colors, but black seems very samey to me apart from Phage.
>>
>You will NEVER draw cards with a whole whopping FOUR MANA enchantment, anon. Wouldn’t you rather play REVITALIZE or ESPER NIGGERTAL? Paying mana? To draw cards? Lolololol I just want to have shit for free than play the game!
>>
>>79736058
>it's better to just slap high power cards with drawbacks like Soulgorger than to go full zombie tribal, right?
You can do both.
>>
>>79735959
sounds pretty boring desu, are there any fun discard commanders around?
>>
File: 1614941059666.webm (1.14 MB, 640x480)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB WEBM
>>79733378
Never forget the people you share this board with.
>>
File: belbe.png (7 KB, 696x101)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
She's going to be my first commander

Did I choose well?
>>
>>79736085
Sure, but EDHrec doesn't even have shit like Lupine Prototype in it which just seems wrong to me.
>>
>>79735877
>>79735937
>>79735995
It's a creature as it enters in a similar way Phyrexian Metamorph is a creature as it enters battlefield, but not anymore when it actually enters, since "as enters battlefield" is a replacement effect. So you wouldn't get Impact Tremors trigger when you use Phyrexian Metamorph to clone a Sol Ring or God cards when devotion isn't enough to turn them into a creature.
>>
>>79736176
So the real question is, do you draw a card off of garruk's packleader, elemental bond, etc?
>>
>>79736211
No, it enters as a land, and will not be considered a creature until the counters are removed
>>
>>79735995
It's not really that complicated. Arixmethes is a creatures. But as soon as it enters the battlefield it gets counters and turns into a land. AFTER that ETB abilities like Landfall are checked to see if their conditions are met. Since he is a land by the time the triggers are checked, only things that care about Lands ETB will trigger. For example, Zendikar's Roil will trigger. Beast Whisperer won't.

The other part about the rules text is there to clear up how he interacts with cards like Blood Moon to ensure that blood moon can only apply it's effect once he has hit the battlefield with it's counters on them.
>>
>>79736150
Depending on the power level of your group she might have the same issue that golos and and kaalia do, In that she is efficient enough in breaking the basic mana progression to be strong regardless of the budget for the rest of the deck.
>>
>>79736211
If they won't trigger Impact Tremors, why the fuck would you think it would trigger some do thing draw card garbage?
>>
File: TapForPain.jpg (39 KB, 474x401)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>Poorest player in the group only wants to play 5 and 4 colour decks
>>So many guildgates and lifegain lands
>>
>>79736240
Whoops, Beast Whisperer was a shit example, it triggers on cast. Intruder Alarm works for my example.
>>
>>79736150
it’s certainly not been done to death, make sure you give your board lots of unblockable
>>
>>79735769
Nitpicking nerds. They seem fine to me.
>>
>>79736257
there are decks at the table, for example yidris storm with oracle combo with mana confluence lands so belbe gives them little bumps when they hit themselves.

I do get to play turn 2 wandering archaic, wurmcoil engine, and turn 3 void winnowers though which i splurged a little out of my budget for irl (we've been playing on cockatrice until now)
>>
>>79734649
pls respond
>>
>>79736240
I was actually thinking Blood Moon and Blood Sun, since they've worked differently since Ixalan block. Wouldn't both cause the card enter battlefield with counters but not a way to remove them itself? Humility would cause it not to enter with counters at all now, I think.
>>
>>79732207
why didn't you just order 30 liquimetal coating?
>>
>>79736275
run erebos
run any "can't gain life cards"
make them suffer and show them why lifegain sucks
>>
>>79736275
Enemy painlands are literally a dollar card
how fucking poor is he
>>
>>79736321
She certainly is an interesting commander in golgari as she doesn't immediately scream graveyard abuse. Commanders like these can also quikly teach people the importance of interaction, which is an issue in some groups.
>>
>>79736328
I know
>tumblr
but it explains some interactions
https://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/176280133564/arixmethes-homework

But basically you got it right. The big fish comes, gets it's counters but then is just a mountain with no way of removing it's counters.

Humility affects the big fish if you cast him, so he comes in as a 1/1 kraken. It has no effect on him if he was on the battlefield before Humility came in.
>>
>>79735375
>Otherwise, your cards Pringle
simply not true
>>
>>79736330
>why didn’t you just order a strictly worse card?
>>
>>79736739
>strictly worse
RTFC
>>
>>79736371
He is also stubborn. I've told him that there are better options even without getting a full set of shocklands but he won't listen.
>>
>>79735995
No they don’t. Replacement and continuous effects modify it entering the battlefield as if it were a creature, triggered abilities see it enter the battlefield as a land. Those are different types of effects that apply at different times, and so they do not contradict each other.
>>
>>79736784
The only colors that are going to care about the Liquimetal ability can already destroy lands without issue.
>>
>>79736371
I wish Wizards would stop being jews and reprint ally pain lands again. Some haven't seen a print since 10th Edition.
>>
>>79736066
Nigga just harmonize lol
>>
>>79736858
Oh me too anon, it is astonishing they have printed into dirt one set and not reprinted at all the 10th ones. but expecting wotc not to be jewish is a fool's errand, clearly waiting for them to be high EV cards and headline some future set
>>
>>79736888
If you look at the trends in products, it’s pretty clear that they reprint the BFZ duals in place of the allied painlands, which leads to the conclusion that the main reason they continue to reprint the enemy painlands is that they never finished that cycle.
>>
>>79733347
>Chunk flu
>Is a virus mostly spread by ignorant white people
What did he mean by this
>>
>>79735375
Foil is only better if it's back when card stock was good, like pre-8th Edition. I still have old border foils from 20 years ago that are practically NM and they see regular play
>>
Hey, is that mono-blue Sphinxes guy here?
What do you think about Isperia as commander to get access to white?
>>
>>79736968
I don’t much like old foils either. They mess with the colors of the frames in an unpleasant way. Black cards look a bit washed out, for instance.
>>
>>79737005
Not him, but the entire reason for mono-U sphinxes is that Unesh turns them all into Fact or Fictions and makes them cheaper. Losing that card flow and cost reduction just to branch out into a color with no draw or ramp and only a handful more sphinxes wouldn’t really work.
>>
>>79733734
>Playing cards get swapped out frequently because they become damaged and marked unsleeved.
Except they don't. Not even in casinos
>Magic cards also get beat up, not only on text and artwork but on places where it matters like the back and corners which can be seen as marking them
Which doesn't matter when except at tournaments, and even even then it used to not matter and still shouldn't today.
>except unlike playing cards it costs more than a buck to replace a deck.
Which it shouldn't.
>>
>>79733815
You are not upgrading your chip to 5G? I would recommend it, my brain is much faster now. No side effects what so ever.
>>
File: 1613589145026.jpg (240 KB, 672x936)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
How hard are you seething when this hits the table uncountered?
>>
>>79737116
Don't really care. I got enough basics and rocks to keep me going.
>>
File: Image.png (166 KB, 265x370)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>79737116
>his base relies on lands
ngmi
>>
>>79737116
considering I’m the one dropping Blood Moon in my pod i’m feeling pretty okay
>>
>>79737116
I play mono red because I am not a coward so its not a problem.
>>
I prefer this version of Hanna
>>
>>79737116
I'm poor so most of my mana base, spare 3 or 4 cards, are basic lands and red is one of my two colors so not bad
>>
>>79737181
I want to build this bitch and still want my pod have fun. Any wacky and whimsical ideas how to built her?
>>
>>79736304
those are not bad but they don't do gameplays. I meant affinity for commander.
>>
>>79737283
that’s fine, but wotc still lied to our faces when they made that art.
>>
>>79737005
sphinxes are overcosted so Unesh is integral to your gameplan. Blue already does whatever white can do but better so the tradeoff is not good. Basically what >>79737049 said.
>>
>>79737181
this helps G players lol thanks
>>
>>79737116
dont car at all. i actually ended up taking it out of my decks because it was so rare in my play group that it mattered. people are just better about not running too few basics these days
>>
>>79733778
You're not wrong, the fact it's 2 Mana is relevant for it to see play, but my point is pretty much every 2 Mana rock is better than it, with perhaps the sole exception being what you posted. This means it's way over priced and hyped for what it does. Honestly I think the thopter is a better rock.
>>
>>79733840
I already made that point. People aren't going to run, or at least shouldn't run, sub optimal removal, in the hopes of drawing that one card that turns they're sub optimal removal into good removal. Especially since almost any other Mana rock is better by either producing colored Mana or having extra utility like drawing a card.
>>
>>79737116
None of my decks have fewer than 50% basics because I recognize that greedy mana bases get punished.
The rest of my group is much worse about recognizing this and so are often blown out by Blood Moon and Price of Progress when I drop them.
>>
>>79737505
>it's way over priced and hyped for what it does.
Everything is over priced and hyped right now. That’s why you don’t preorder cards.
That said, at a number of stages of the game, an additional utility ability can be more useful than than color-fixing, assuming you have a halfway decent land base.
>>
>>79735763
If you're running anji, it'll pretty much be what >>79735959 said.
But you could build new Olivia, or Asmora and basically used madness as a weird form of ramp but the problem is it isn't that much ramp, and most of the card with madness are bad.
>>
>>79737541
>artifact destruction is suboptimal removal
It’s very good at removing artifacts, which is often something you want to be able to do. Having a card in your deck that adds additional utility to a card you’re already running, and comes at low to no opportunity cost, is a no-brainer.
>>
>>79736371
I know a lot of the enemy pain lands are actually closer to like $5. In fact, most budget dual land options these days are either kind of so inconsistent you might as well be running gates, of like $5.
It's really hard to build a 5 color Mana base on a budget these days.
>>
>>79736828
>translation: I can't RTFC
dumbass indeed
>>
>>79737116
I play a lot or mono red and red based 2 color decks, but I still don't like blood moon. Either the whole table can handle it coming down, in which case it was a waste of three Mana and a bad play, or like 1 to 2 people get locked out of the game and saying "hey, fuck you. You don't get the play magic with us even though be set tonight aside specifically for that purpose." Seems kind of dickish.
Funnily enough, I think blood moon is at its best when is screwing everyone equally. Uniting the table against a common enemy.
>>
>>79737617
What enemy pain land hasn't been printed to hell and back that it'll costs more than a dollar?
>>
>>79737645
>Torque has an additional mana ability, but can’t hit lands
>no other differences
I think you might have brain problems.
>>
>>79737573
>game, an additional utility ability can be more useful than than color-fixing, assuming you have a halfway decent land base.
Depends on the deck. Both my feather and Subira run into trouble with colorless spires because of how many red pips end up being in my spells total if that makes sense. Like 4 red 1 drops is equivalent to 4 red devotion
>>
>>79737116
Not at all, Im usually the one that cast it
>>
>>79737600
>claiming I said artifact destruction is suboptimal removal
No. Running noting but removal that ONLY hits artifacts is sub optimal. You should be running chaos warp and beast within. And having torque in your ramp base doesn't suddenly make it better.
>>
>>79737727
I was going to say the Boros one and Shivan reef but that was before they were reprinted in c21.
Guess I was fucking wrong
>>
>>79737802
>Running noting but removal that ONLY hits artifacts is sub optimal.
Nobody suggested doing this. However, having Torque in your mana base means that you will sometimes get additional utility out of the artifact removal that you’re already running, at a negligible cost. Running Liquimetal Coating for that purpose would require devoting an entire card slot solely to that synergy, and would not be worth it. However, Torque gets you the same effect, at the same cost, stapled onto a card that you stand to benefit from as a part of normal play.
>>
>>79737840
Shit happens man. Just hit your friend until he gives in and spends money on the enemy painlands, the BFZ duals and the two cheap fetch lands. Throw a fucking lantern in there and a cultivate and kodama's reach. Simulacrum's price dropped hard too.
>>
File: Serra and Thorne.jpg (2.01 MB, 3264x2448)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>79737027
I think they look the best on white and green cards
>>
>>79733715
I made a commander cube with this rule. It's really fun, people end up with insane decks.
>>
File: ruination.jpg (269 KB, 672x936)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>79737116
It's usually me playing it so I'd only seethe IF it gets countered.

I love nonbasic hate
>>
>>79737732
>needing aritfact ramp
just play green lmao
>>
>>79737877
>Nobody suggested doing this.
Then why would you run torque? Running a bad Mana rock to make 3 cards at most better seems stupid.
>>
File: image0-3.jpg (196 KB, 2048x2048)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>decided to consoooom
>buy 1 prerelease kit
>for previous sets wotc sponsored 2 extra packs since you can't attend prereleases, but not this time
>one prerelease pack costs 70 fucking euros
>70 euros for 6 packs and a foil rare
>didn't get a single mythic
>not a single fetch land
>best card was the worse entomb
Never consooom
>>
>>79738020
>2 mana
>comes in untapped
>has additional utility
That’s a good mana rock, retard.
>>
>>79738047
what was your promo anon
>>
>>79737961
It makes the green far too deep for my tastes.
>>
What are the dumbest reasons you've had for building a deck?
>>
>>79738081
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/VgKXJh5wtUSpFtD3ECaExQ/goldfish

Because I could. It's shit & 100% solitaire.
>>
>>79736275
Based. Accept you have slower mana than the rest and find a way to work around it.
>>
>>79738081
To try to impress a cute boy.
>>
>>79738081
to play EDH
>>
>>79738081
I wanted a low power deck so that I didn’t stomp precons.
>>
>>79738072
The worse entomb.
>>
>>79738081
Because money burns a hole in my pocket.
>>
File: foil Rancor.jpg (2.85 MB, 2448x3264)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>79738073
I like the deeper green personally
>>
>>79738081
>buy 3 packs of Kaldheim
>open alt frame Tergrid
>build her
>makes everyone else miserable
>not sure what to do with her now.
>>
File: c21-42-keen-duelist.jpg (113 KB, 672x936)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Gimme some of those hot opinions on this card
>>
>>79738148
Same. My new shop all 5 workers and one of the owners had never touched magic before. The owner that had played quit in the original ravnica block. Basically every time I go for a game odds are Im playing against someone that started in the last two months and is playing a precon + fnm draft pulls.
On the upside, since most of them are brand new they want to draft different sets every week and they buy shit from their distributer to draft, they got the last box of Time Spiral Remastered at msrp from the warehouse and we played it last friday
>>
>>79738238
could be good in Yuriko
>>
>>79738238
>>79738261
could be good in my bed
>>
>>79738061
There is literally only one 2 cmc Mana rock that's worse. It's bad.
>>
>>79738261
oh wow I didnt even read it correctly, thought it was just poor mans Bob for 2 players
>>
>>79738238
Call her cute Bob when you play her. I run it because I'm not a scared bitch about giving one opponent a card in exchange for one of mine.
>>
>>79738238
Draws you and the player most likely able to use the second card a card while costing life. Cheeky in BBC (Big Black Creatures) but how much of your meta isnt going to be hitting you for 5+ a turn on this? This cards like blood moon, gets better and better with how good your table is
>>
>>79738293
>There is literally only one 2 cmc Mana rock that's worse
Mox opal and diamond must be bad cards because the P9 moxen exist then right? Steam Vault and Fiery Islet must be bad because Volcanic Island exists right?
Its a rock that ramps you from 2 drop to 4 drop and comes in untapped with the additional utility of making your artifact removal into nonland permanent removal. Thats a fine card and one thats about to be widely available to people who dont buy cards online.
>>
>>79738304
She kinda looks like my friends wife so things could get pretty awkward if I call her cute...

>>79738307
>This cards like blood moon, gets better and better with how good your table is
good call, I was thinking of playing it in a black suicide/voltron deck but I mainly play that when the jank comes out. I might have to adjust upwards
>>
>>79738047
>Americlap
>signed up for a prerelease
>$55 entry
>GF is paying for her entry and mine as a birthday gift
>in person play, finish 3 rounds and get a set booster regardless of your wins
Wish me luck on pulls anons
>>
>>79738384
You're stating false equivalencies, but yes, opal and diamond are bad in certain decks.
Anyway, just being 2 cmc doesn't make it inherently good unless they tap for multiple colors of Mana that you need consistently or offerer some other needed utility. Mind stone is of questionable value and it's much better that torque.
>>
>>79738572
only if you do it for me.
>>
>>79738584
Mind Stone is great because it can draw a card. You shouldn't be playing decks that fold because your opening had a mind stone instead of a color producing rock.
>>
>>79738572
Be good to your girl, anon
>>
>>79738572
The only thing I don't want you to pull is your dick out of your gf while you nut. She sounds like a keeper.
>>
>>79738806
I don't know about should be playing but 3+ color decks need to get with the program and understand there are downsides to too many colors just like there are upsides.
>>
File: STX003.jpg (34 KB, 265x370)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Why did Lessons get this little Icon next to their name? There's nothing special about them other than having a subtype.
>>
>>79738081
Either this Kamigawa tribal because I wanted to see if it was possible (it's bad but not as bad as I thought)
Or my Xira Insect deck because I love bugs and wanted to jam as many of them in a deck as possible.
>>
>>79738572
You lucky bitch
>>
>>79739069
Because they have a unique subtype that the symbol helps one identify quicker while searching for them
>>
>>79739069
It's so you instantly know you can grab those cards with "Learn"
>>
>>79739069
Why did Flahsback get that little icon next to their name? There's nothing special about them other than having a keyword.
>>
>>79738081
My group wanted to try partners so I built brothers yamazaki.
>>
>>79739069
So that you can easily sort which cards can be in your lesson board, or maybe visibility for draft so it's easier to sort main deck picks and lessonboard picks? I just hate the Lesson icon because it's mostly indistinguishable from the face icons for DFCs. I still reflexively expect there to be a back side.
>>79739148
So it's more readable when it's in the GY, and maybe in draft too. If Flashback had significance in draft the same way I assume lessons do, I could expect similar icons on flashback cards in the future.
>>
>>79733207
I love this show so much
>>
Did you guys watch the Game Knights where Post Malone played? He actually did pretty good, and his deck was kind of kino. I was surprised
>>
>>79739226
They already did put flashback on new cards in CL I think. New cards in old frame had them.
>>
>>79739232
>implying it wasn’t handed to him and the other players threw to make the far more famous guest look good
>>
>>79739232
Yes we all laughed about it already
>Ashlen thirsting for wigger dick
>Malone too cowardly to capitalize
>Jimmy letts Malone win
>use with permission of Wizards of the Coast LLC
>>
>>79739232
>Did you guys watch the Game Knights...
No
>>
File: soyface.png (112 KB, 828x581)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>79739232
>post malone plays a sol ring
other hosts:
>>
>>79733009
Because I swear I saw people comparing it to Ghostly Prison, etc, where giving you clues was treated as a tax on attacking. Weird.

I see it as "I'm going to get attacked anyway, let me try to get value out of it." Is that worth 4 cmc that does nothing on the turn you play it? Maybe not. But the real value is during the turn cycle anyway, so it's a step better than ones that don't do anything until YOUR next turn.
>>
>>79739315
I literally have this reaction every time some one drops a turn 1 sol ring though.
>>
damn, I work when the prerelease today but I’m a certified fucking whale so I’m gonna have to go in tomorrow to pick it up
>>
>>79739287
>use with permission of Wizards of the Coast LLC
Elaborate? I'm not sitting through that show to find out
>>
>>79738081
I'm currently building this piece of shit because some idiot here rolled it.
>>
>>79739268
>CL
Sorry, what?
>New cards in old frame had them
of course.
If you're talking about my speculation, i meant cards in -modern- frames having any kind of equivalent icon, since the lesson icon is graphically doing the same function the old frame gravestone did.
>>
Catching up on the thread, just wanna put my two cents out there on liquimetal torque. It's way way way better than thought vessel, but no one plays enough artifact interaction, and thought vessel is garbage that should almost never be in your deck.
Not sure about reprints or the price, but if you think literally any deck in red or green (or probably even white or blue, I maindeck abolish) doesn't want this then you're crazy.
>>
>>79739387
CL = commander legends
>>
>>79739357
they played with thr black lotus guy and had to get WOTC permission to like, use a “token” of it
the “token” was an international collector’s edition iirc
>>
File: Times are achangin.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>79739357
>>
>>79733009
I can't imagine a single situation in which I would prefer this garbage over a wrath or ghostly prison, which is already only slightly better than 'fine.'
>>
File: mh2-9-caprichrome.png (885 KB, 745x1040)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
What is this art meant to convey? The goat face seems clear, but the body makes no sense.

>an instant speed artifact sac outlet
What is this meant to function as? An instant speed blocker for limited decks, strengthened by modular themes? Insurance for mass Exile removal? Any mass removal that hits artifacts will just kill the goat too, right?
>>
>>79739484
modular support for limited i'd guess yea
>>
>>79733670
This is a terrible take, I honestly can't believe edhg is this terrible at magic.
That's why people don't maindeck K4rn, right? If you wanted to run stony silence main board you already would right? And disenchant sucks because you wouldn't run a card that says 'destroy target enchantment' right?
>>
>was sure I had an Electrodominance in my binder
>not there
>not in one of my kitchen table 60 card decks that I never play
>gave a friend red cards for his new Firesong&Sunspeaker deck but he didnt ask for Electrodom
I'm either retarded or going insane. Maybe both.
>>
>>79739413
Well, given my recent impressions of WotC's product experimentation turnover, if WotC wanted to play with card frames, they would make that decision after CL was already printing.

I have no clue. I still think Lessons having an icon is a weird experiment.
>>
>>79739484
They should have switched vigilance for modular
>>
>>79739634
I think it might have been "too good" if it had modular. I think they wanted it to be a terminal point for whatever modular/artifact token lines of play, and not an enabler for more lines of play.
It might have been better with modular, but I kinda understand why they didn't put it.
>>
>>79739383
Seems like a pretty kino commander to me, friend

>>79738238
Shit art for a shit card
>>
>>79739578
I hate when cards get lost like that. I'm in a similar situation with my alt art Ravenous Demon a friend gifted me a while back. I can't find it anywhere it should be. Really irritating.
>>
File: kamahlgrn.jpg (236 KB, 672x936)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>79739578
I bought a couple of cards in 2019 including a foil ONS Kamahl. I misplaced them shortly after they arrived and was pissed at myself. The other week I found them in a random deckbox. In total the few cards have spiked to be worth over $200 so a nice find
>>
File: tahngarthred.jpg (268 KB, 672x936)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>79732402
Hell yeah
>>
Anyone here play storm? Who do you run as your commander?
>>
File: seton.jpg (237 KB, 672x936)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>79740059
Seton. Play a low cost creature, draw cards from it, tap that creature to pay for the next creature, etc
>>
File: phyrexian dreadnought.jpg (263 KB, 672x936)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>Phyrexian Dreadnought is now over $80
Jesus, I got mine fore $20 LP about a year ago
>>
>the same pack
Fuck, guess I’m building her.
>>
>>79740133
stupid hat
>>
>>79740133
>foil just a few packs later
Fuck bros she wants me
>>
>>79740188
stupid foil hat
>>
>>79740059
Ich Tekik
>>
>>79740133
>>79740188
haha that is weird
>>
>>79739484
Burnished hart is classical idealism.
Caprichrome is post modernist filth.
>>
>>79740188
Nut on all three then sell them as lightly played to the Sythis coomers
>>
>>79740200
Explain...
>>
>>79740188
So she is the card they seeded more than others.
>>
>>79739484
What do you mean? The goat's body is all scrap metal twisted to form a body.
The more metal it eats the more its body forms
>>
>>79740237
Slow down Paul Joseph Watson, you're making a great argument in favor of Caprichrome.
>>
>>79736275
4 and 5 coloured and isn't running green ramp with all basics?! The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Repeating my gripe:
I hate Thrasta. She's a stupid storm enabler, and feels dumbed down and pushed specifically because someone in development tried playing Ghalta storm and it made them feel stupid.

Aeve is just moderately amusing. Ironically she would be cool in the 99 of Ghalta since she'll build your board pretty fast.
>>
>>79740261
Why is it a mockery of the goat's form instead of being a beauteous representation of it?
>>
>>79740317
We need a codified name for these intentionally weaker versions of known decks.
>>
>>79737352
What do you mean?
>>
>>79740347
fixed
>>
>>79740317
Thrasta feels more like a storm payoff, while Ghalta was a storm enabler. Certainly more welcome in my Wort deck.
>>
>>79740332
Because it is what it eats.
You need to feed it, anon. Feed it more artifacts to help it reach its true beauty
>>
File: Spoiler Image (71 KB, 262x192)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>79740258
>>
>>79740347
I’m not certain I’d peg Thrasta as the weaker of the two.
>>
>>79738202
Build another deck with her in the 99.
>>
>>79740368
wotc said Double Masters wouldn’t commission any new art except for the borderless cards, then Hanna got spoiled and she had new art just because the one they’d been using for years was Nielsen. They didn’t even use the original art which wouldn’t have been a lie or new.
>>
>>79740424
>I’m not certain I’d peg Thrasta
Coward.
>>
>>79740424
It is, by a considerable margin. Other anon is right though, whoever designed it couldn't do Ghalta storm so they made a version they could use.
>>
>>79740389
>Thrasta feels more like a storm payoff, while Ghalta was a storm enabler.
sorry, Yes. i realized how dumb i sounded after i already clicked the button.
>>
>>79740347
No, no, no. Thrasta isn't weaker. Thrasta is just more braindead.
>"Ghalta storm"
>Oh you mean you're playing a storm deck?
>No, I'm using things that G is good at, to reduce the cost of Ghalta to enable repeated casts
>Sounds too complicated
>designs Thrasta
>>
>>79740571
Ghalta is better because it enables a deck while Thrasta pays off for already building a good deck.
One is better than the other desho.
>>
>>79740188
>>79740178
I was in a similar situation with Plargg/Augusta. Between pre release an misc Strixhaven packs I bought, maybe 10-12 packs total? And pulled 5 of them. 3 of them in foil, with one of the foils being the pre release promo.
>>
>>79740188
>that level of miscutting
>>
>>79740258
To be fair I want to seed her more than others.
>>
>>79740604
I bought a box of Origins or wherever the first 8cmc golgari garruk was in.
I got 8 copies of that Garruk in 36 packs. It was outrageous.
>>
>>79740059
I’m working on making Narset a storm deck, but its coming along kinda slowly
>>
>>79740059
My shitpost deck is Edgar, one of the variations of my wincon is enabling this guy to cast and sac'd indefinitely. I do have a contingency for if something happens to my Haakon though, but oddly the wincon isn't much different.
Edgar is optional at this point, the tokens are just superfluous if I have Impact Tremors out.
>>
>>79740748
Tocasia is a retard, its easy to tell which is the shapeshifter.
>>
>>79740748
>copy and paste the body they'll never notice.
>>
Are changelings vehicles?
>>
>>79740883
vehic deez nuts lmao
>>
Arena codes for you anons.

841CD-04AE1-725DB-63457-7B2B8 841CD-E487A-DA7A8-0C17B-3D1A2 841CE-F560A-C9769-9B333-84CAB
841CF-8AC3B-E29C7-7EB7B-9BFD3 841D0-83448-1A959-B0854-351DB 841D0-8C096-60E39-B4512-0176D
841D9-89915-8FC49-32A37-3C5B8 841DD-8841F-BAD38-CDFCB-C3A8B 841E0-C7A8D-E4918-1AFF5-305ED
841E7-FA6A4-FABA0-13285-8F15D 841EC-77EE4-E4341-0C74D-4E03E 841F0-9BBFE-3D10E-F14BC-D6E3E
841F5-EBBB8-4A179-79752-32B35 841F6-CFA55-57CF7-5E3FB-8D803 841F7-A9054-C0E47-B9607-1EDA6
841FC-18CCD-570E6-FD06B-6D923 841FC-AE585-B034E-6866C-58DA0 841FE-16012-60648-D0F6D-02AC6
84202-63A1B-4F22F-148F2-54110 84204-42C86-AB3B6-F1B69-4B6C8 84205-F2D46-6CC1C-205D9-182D1
84206-8C199-1B7D0-A7474-A3AF7 84206-AC21D-2518F-AF201-FF369 84208-377C9-B14D1-3E23B-7C960
84210-13C13-FD577-41187-AD8E5 84217-E5E07-62EF1-56AFC-494D6 8421B-0A7A7-18690-1C433-972C2
8421C-0AF1B-E937A-0FB0D-4F511 8421F-3384C-E9B05-B369B-26C26 84220-C60B2-797EB-4E61D-12116
84221-797EF-9BF98-F1F3D-85885 84226-AAAF1-B997B-1002A-4DAE5 84228-276D8-30A82-41EF3-0DD59
84232-E5ACD-040B7-06695-BF861 84233-3220C-1D859-B6DE4-4CB73 84236-EB7B1-6130F-EA520-B5324
>>
>>79739574
>That's why people don't maindeck K4rn, right?
Unironically yes.
Oh, you were talking about non EDH formats? Where you can hide behind your sideboard and knowledge of your enemy's deck to run narrow but efficient removal? Or were we talking about EDH where, here you need to have as wide a sweet of answers as possible. Where running a bad Mana rock just so you can upgrade you're bad removal is a dumb idea? Is this the format we're talking about?
>>
>>79740245
I play Golem Tribal and try to get to 8 mana to Imprint Splicer's Skill onto Chain of Acid to summon Infinite Golems.
>>
>>79740921
>>79740921
>>79740921
>>
>>79740883
No, vehicle is an artifact type, changelings only have creature types
>>
>>79740059
Feather but while it does run a lot of the storm win cons, it doesn't really have "the big turn." Instead going about at a bit slower but more consistent and sturdy pace.
As for other storm commanders, you got elsha of infinite fun, you've got now weirdly 3 mono green storm options with 2 being from MH2 and two also being dinos so that's a thing. You've also got kykar but he plays closer to feather, krarrk+sake for grixis storm. You could also play less for grixis storm as well. Syr carah is a good mono red strom deck with the distinction of the only deck where you should run almost exactly 10 dragons approaches, so that's a thing.
>>
>>79740602
Ghalta needs more pieces to get the engine going. Thrasta counts previous casts of itself, which reduces its cost by more than the commander tax increases it, so it automatically goes infinite with Food Chain as soon as you can cast it.
>>
>>79740915
It isn’t a bad mana rock by any means. I’d run it over Thought Vessel and Felwar Stone in a red deck without a second thought.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.