[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: leaping dodge technique.png (35 KB, 1118x468)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. good luck

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ

>Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Errata for Third Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/edit

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>NPCs
Hundred Devils Night Parade https://pastebin.com/iA1DYbpB
Adversaries of the Righteous https://pastebin.com/KR7zTrpe
Eclipse Charms https://pastebin.com/iezcWLqd

>Quixalted Extended (Fanmade Supplement)
https://anonymousfiles.io/GxlqSxln/

>Optional Quixalted Exalts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg86yrewnhx2ov3/QE_Reject3eExaltHomebrew.pdf/file

Previous Thread: >>79690074

https://perchance.org/next-exalted-essence
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/exalted-essence-tabletop-roleplaying-game/posts
>June 1: Chapter 2+3
>June 8: Chapter 4+5
>June 13-19: Charms Week!
>June 22: Chapter 7+8 + Appendix

Next week's charm schedule (source: dude trust me)

>June 13: Universal Charms (not including MAs, Sorcery, or Evocations)
>June 15: Abyssal, Alchemical, Dragon-Blooded, Getimian, Infernal
>June 17: Liminal, Lunar, Sidereal, Solar, one Exigent sampler
>June 19: MAs and Sorcery
>June 22: last preview, including artifacts+evocations, plus an appendix for converting 3e to Essence

Everybody has Leaping Dodge now
>>
Actual previous thread
>>79708174
>>79708174
>>
File: dis.png (24 KB, 560x161)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Who is a trustworthy source on the discord?
>>
>Abyssal, Infernal and Solar Mode: The Exalt gains their choice of an additional 0 or two -1 Health levels.

bueno
>>
So what are some funny or inappropriate was to Build Power for characters with otherwise no combat investment?
>>
>>79724939
Use Embassy to tell your party to kick a guy in the nuts
Use Navigate to constantly put passersby and animals between you and the bad guy
>>
>>79724939
Sagacity to read their character sheet
>>
I just playtested a combat session against my ST and it was pretty fun.
>>
>>79724833
No one. Not even the dev's, because they can't even get their own rulings right.
>>
>>79725177
No you didn't
>>
>>79725030
>Damn son you a Dragon Blooded thats pretty low test, you're going right to the buck breaking factory with the rest of your soi guzzling fanbase to be put out of your misery and into a skirt.
>>
>>79725189
It was fun and good. Cry about it.
>>
>>79725222
If you're not talking out of your arse, could you elaborate?
>>
>>79725222
No it wasn't
>>
>>79725222
Describe it then. You're proud enough of it to gloat here, so you surely wouldn't mind sharing some details.
>>
>>79725235
We used the medium weapon and armour artifact rules and did a Dusk vs an Eclipse, Dusk vs a Dawn and a Dusk vs a Moonshadow.

Suffice to say, the reason y'all want to attack with Withering attacks is that it's waaaay easier to meet the minimum Power requirement that way rather than Building Power all by your lonesome.
>>
>>79725294
>y'all
Fag detected

>Suffice to say, the reason y'all want to attack with Withering attacks is that it's waaaay easier to meet the minimum Power requirement that way rather than Building Power all by your lonesome.
What? That makes no sense. Explain.
>>
>>79725391
No spoonfeeding, read the manuscript buck.
>>
>>79725391
NTA, not tested myself.

Assume in both scenarios 5 successes.

Building Power is against a difficulty of 3, so that nest you 3 POW.

Attacking an opponent with DV of 4 and ovw weapon of 3 gives 4 POW, 1 for beating their DV and 3 for the OVH value of the weapon.
>>
>>79725466
Nice try cuck, but the words literally don't make sense. Building Power is easier than Withering attacks for building power, that's what the manuscript shows. If you claim the opposite, be a man and back it up.
>>
>>79725499
Poor attempt anon, read the manuscript.
>>
Seems like a longhand way of playing MtG. No real player skill required beyond knowing which abilities trump other abilities.
There’s already a ccg masquerading as a ttrpg, it’s called 5e
>>
>>79725554
This describes every edition
>>
>>79725499
You don't need to beat DV to build POW with withering, weapons have a Accuracy that (presumably) boosts your dice pool so you'll probably have a bigger pool than Build Power, and you overwhelming sets your min POW gain if you beat their DV (+1 for beating), or your max POW gain if you fail to meet DV.
>>
File: BP.png (36 KB, 967x152)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>79725491
>Building Power is against a difficulty of 3, so that nest you 3 POW.
Uh, no, that's not right. Getting 3 successes gets you 1 Power.
>>
>>79725584
Of exalted. For dnd it’s 3E - 5e
>>
>>79725621
>Assume in both scenarios 5 successes.
>>
>>79725609
>>79725621
Continuing to prove >>79725554’s point…
>>
>>79725634
derp, I suck cocks
>>
>>79725652
No worries, happens to the best of us. And also you.
>>
>>79725554
Thats every RPG ever made. It's called "building a proper character".
>>
>>79725667
>t. never played an rpg made pre 1999

Have a look at a character record sheet from 1974 and ask yourself how players got through hundreds of sessions of exploration, combat, play-acting, and problem solving without pointing to some kind of faggot prefabricated action on their sheet
>>
>>79725667
if you think every rpg is like that then you haven’t played most rpgs, especially none pre-WotC, ignorant ass vidya game punk
>>
>>79725693
Fuck off boomer, lol
>>
>>79725693
>>79725714
Sorry boomers, but even your old ass janky editions had good and bad choices for potential actions and when to use what.
>>
>>79725749
>>79725750
>t. ass-ravaged 35yo dysgenic gynosaurus rex who just realized the depth of his ignorance about ttrpgs

Stay mad, tranny. ttrpgs are for true lads who know about adventure and combat, not weakass bitches who need to do the equivalent of button mashing just to survive a session
>>
>>79725802
That's nice, grandpa, now take your heart pills before you blow an artery or something.
>>
>>79725693
this.
whine and cry all you want, but it proves itself. no need to argue. you can accept the simple, non-opinioned truth about older rpgs being about player skill and agency instead of ability one-upmanship, or you can remain perplexed for all time about why your ttrpg sessions in modern games feel like hollow, less efficient matches of card games
the choice to suffer is yours and yours alone
>>
>>79725967
seethe, cope, dilate
good sessions with friends are their own reward. you will never know contentment in your pursuit of
>muh character power!!!!

but that's your problem, not mine
>>
File: ezpdf.snapshot.57.png (868 KB, 1502x1079)
868 KB
868 KB PNG
>Demon Summoning, Part 1, 1e Savant and Sorcerer

God damn demon summoning was rad in 1e.
>>
>>79725491
Is there any evidence that Overwhelming 3 weapons exist?
Also they can stunt a defense or a clash and build up power too. They can't do that against non-attack Build Powers
>>
File: ezpdf.snapshot.58.png (1.12 MB, 1511x1079)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>79726047
>Demon Summoning, Part 2, 1e S&S
>>
>>79726047
That whole binding based off the Tarot thing was cool to read about but would be an unfun fucking nightmare in actual play.
>>
File: ELiosrvUYAEwRF9.jpg (45 KB, 408x680)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>79726042
Don't you find it demeaning to talk like a 4chan zoomer despite being 50 years old or older? You should age with some dignity, old timer. Join a bingo club or something.
>>
>>79726049
I had a quick scan of the manuscript so far, I could only see the stats for weapons attached to vehicles. I'm sure someone has some stats for artifact weapons and armour somewhere.

Them gaining 1 POW off a stunted defence is valid though.
>>
>>79726136
you don't have to be old to enjoy good things
>>
>>79726136
I've heard Moonlight Sonata without being 200+. I assume anon can play 1E D&D without being 50.
>>
>>79726168
thank you, anon. I think the nu-dnd anon calling older things boomer shit is truly frustrated and the realization that their whole experience in the hobby thus far has been a lie and a scam from companies like hasbro.
i hope they will transform their butthurt into the pursuit of games that make use of their imagination and creative adventuring ideas, the likes which they read in novels
>>
File: ezpdf.snapshot.59.png (347 KB, 710x1561)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>House Cynis has been naughty, but that's nothing new, 1e S&S
>>
>>79726268
>wanting to play like a novel
Imagine wanting to play some makebelieve cops and robbers shit than a well ordered game. Absolutely barbaric.
>>
Huh. 1e summoned demons had their own Limit Break system.
>>
>>79726268
But I don't want to play OSR garbage, I want to play Exalted.
>>
>>79726376
what was written:
>make use of their imagination and creative adventuring ideas, the likes which they read in novels

what your dumbass coombrain interpreted:
>wanting to play like a novel

the dysgenia is real...
>>
>>79726268
Understanding isn't the same as agreeing - but it's no skin off my nose what you play at your table.

There's certainly more rules light modern games where the emphasis is on imagination and creative adventuring ideas. Not played 1E, but some people in my group have and I've picked up some books as the kind of detritus that the hobby creates. I know there's variable XP rates. Assuming the loop of go into dungeons, hit things until they stop moving, don't get hit until you stop moving - there seems to certainly be optimal and suboptimal choices.

But, haven't played. Can't really comment. And seeing what I have played and enjoyed, I imagine we'd have a different view on things.
>>
>>79726413
if you actually want to play Exalted, just play MtG. It delivers the same gaming experience as Exalted does, only it does it about a million times better and a you'll never have to make these gay threads shilling it because MtG is already popular
>>
>>79726460
Why are you in this thread?
>>
>>79726446
the big thing you're missed in your highly reductive summary of older games is "hit things until they stop moving." That's a byproduct of video games trying to co-opt the ttrpg feel. In older editions combat was virtually suicide, gave really low xp compared to making discoveries and finding treasure, and didn't grind the game to a fucking halt.

if you're truly curious, pick up the simple ass Basic edition of dungeons and dragons from 1981 and play a few sessions with friends. By comparison to modern games (post 1999, WotC takeover of the hobby scene) you will feel liberated
>>
>>79726460
I simply do not see the "MTG-style gameplay" stuff that you allege. I merely see a more ordered approach to combat than old-school D&D took, which largely would degenerate if you tried to do anything (like, say, decide to cut a chandelier down with an arrow on top of a person, kick over a burning brazier onto an orc, etc.) other than attack or cast a spell.
>>
>>79726470
to rescue you from soulless companies that want to coopt a beloved hobby scene's trappings and aesthetic in order to profiteer and subsequently defame said hobby scene into oblivion
>>
>>79726512
>In older editions combat was virtually suicide, gave really low xp compared to making discoveries and finding treasure, and didn't grind the game to a fucking halt.
Doesn't sound like my bag, as I like simulating fights in a RPG and I find treasure to be pointless if there's no system that interfaces with that treasure, beyond you maybe buying more rope to find more money to hoard.
>>
>>79726512
Didn't 1e come out of chainmail? A game fundamentally about 'hit things until they stop moving'? There's nothing wrong with rules lite, but in my experience, as you move away from a mechanics based system to a new freeform system, the game becomes more about who can convince the ST to see things their way.

That said, we've gone entire sessions of Exalted w/o rolling dice, but it's nice to have something to fall back on that keeps us all playing by the same rules - as it were.

>>79726532
I don't think anyone here wishes to be rescued from a souless company that wants to co-opt a beloved hobby scene's trappings in the pursuit of profit. But thank you for bumping the thread.
>>
>>79726525
prepare to be embarrassed:
>Dungeon Master, I want to cut a chandelier down with an arrow on top of a person
>Okay, you don't have to roll anything, you're right next to the rope. As you cut it the chandelier falls as planned, dropping on the person. The sword in their hand goes flying and start yelling for help. You can hear dozens of heavy boots coming running up the stairs nearby. You're still on the third floor in this minaret. You're only exits are the staircase with the sound of boots... or the stained-glass window. What do you do?

Also
>Dungeon Master, I want to kick over a burning brazier onto an orc...
>Okay, you kick that thing over no problem - its just a small brazier. It hits the orc and he immediately gets up from his seat yelling and barking at his troopers. It is clear to him that negotiations are over, and that you mean to throw down. He glances at both of your swords on the table, only a moment ago placed there as a sign of good faith. Your hireling walks into the tent with a tray of drinks and meatstuffs, momentarily catching everyone off guard and breaking the tension. Now is your moment - what do you do?

Here is the test I would ask you to put your modern games to with regards to MtG. If an algorithm can consistently select the optimal choice of prefabricated manuever/action from your character sheet in any given scenario, with the goal of preserving HP, collecting items, and dealing damage, then it is a game that does not make the most of the human element. It is a solved game much in the way that chess and tic-tac-toe are. Fun? Of course, but ultimately finite and boring compared to the dynamic expanse of human ingenuity and collaborative, improvised situation v solution gaming that older games offer
>>
>>79726604
Um... 1gp = 1 experience point
Older editons are not games of economics, they games of slow conquest from peasant retard to noble lord
>>
>>79726666
>Didn't 1e come out of chainmail? A game fundamentally about 'hit things until they stop moving'?
Yes and no. Chainmail was about wargaming, D&D was about abstract fantasy situations and novel solutions. Wargaming tried to stay attached to D&D in the form of mass combat (at high levels when you were a lord who had a castle and owned armies), but largely D&D became a thing unto itself. Gygax eventually described as the final form of traditional games - part parlor game like charades, part board game with miniatures,etc.
>>
>>79726690
I mean, it seems like D&D 4e did a pretty good job of having a little list of damage and effects you could inflict by doing those exact things I described, rather than relying entirely on GM fiat. It sounds like you just wanna write a novel with a captive audience rather than engage with the players.
>>
>>79726705
It seems like D&D 1e should have focused on making itself a good heist game instead of bothering with combat, then; they simply should not have bothered with all the war game bits if the goal truly was "if you get in a fight, you will likely die."
>>
>>79726748
nothing about those situations is a premade novel that a DM is railroading a captive audience through.
The DM improvises every bit as much as his players, making up difficult decisions and forks in the road for his players as situations develop live.
It's not something that everyone can do, and part of the reason ttrpgs have become so cookie cutter and all about 'hit thing, get treasure and power' is because in order for companies to sell games to a more general, wider audience they have to present a game that everyone can do.

Everyone can DM in the old style. But not everyone is good at it.

Everyone can DM in modern games. And everyone is equally good at it.
>>
>65 posts
>10 unique IDs
I think the rancid faggot has found a new gimmick since Essence shilling was a bust.
>>
>>79726826
>the rancid faggot
OP
>>
File: 1596825394907.jpg (185 KB, 1040x1215)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>79726826
Don't need to shill whats already one of their most lucrative Kickstarters, and making more than any previous Exalt-type book. But I'm sure you'll find some new buzzword and inhale some copium in your quest to further shit up these threads.

Pic related, it's you "enjoying" 3E.
>>
>>79724880
As they must, they are the peak of power in the whole setting.
>>
Neat spells from 1e S&S

EYE OF ALLIANCE
This spell is a ritual that links the emotions of a number of characters equal to the sorcerer’s permanent Essence x 2. Each participant links hands with the sorcerer in a circle while the caster begins an incantation lasting half an hour. While she does this, the sorcerer is suffused with a brilliant white aura, which then spreads to each of the participants in the ritual. When the ritual ends, the white auras around each participant drain into a depression carved into the ground at each character’s feet. The light pools and then hardens into a crystal with a number of facets equal to the number of participants. These crystals may then be mounted into pieces of jewelry or merely be carried by each participant. The spell costs 5 motes of Essence per participant to create the white crystals, and 1 mote of Essence is committed by the sorcerer per crystal.
The crystals last for a year and a day, during which time any bearer of the crystal may choose to send simple emotions to the other bearers of the crystals. Examples of such emotions are fear, love, happiness, hatred, sadness or loneliness. Each person bearing a crystal instantly knows which bearer sent the emotion.
The power of the crystals does not allow characters to locate each other, nor will the bearers know what is causing the emotion that was sent. However, they make excellent foci for magical divinations.
If a character dies while bearing a crystal, the crystal dissolves, and one facet of each of the remaining crystals turns black. All bearers of the crystals instantly know which character died. The crystals dissolve if destroyed and at a year and a day after Eye of Alliance has been cast.
Only a participant in the ritual can use one of the crystals to send emotions to the other bearers. However, if the sorcerous nature of the crystal is discerned, it may be used as an arcane link to scry upon or magically trace the other bearers.
>>
>>79726399
2e copied it almost exactly
>>
>>79726399
I think they also had it in 2e
>>
>>79726399
That was added because people were complaining "muh sorcerers summoning too many demons why can they just keep summoning demons". It was an attempt to kill fun.
>>
>>79726532
based
>>79726666
super satan lies
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>79726903
>he's already here and "coincidentally" the thread is already complete and utter shit

>Don't need to shill whats already one of their most lucrative Kickstarters, and making more than any previous Exalt-type book
It's not making nearly as much as Solars did, even with all ten Exalt types there
>>
>>79726903
Based.
>>
File: ezpdf.snapshot.60.png (364 KB, 672x1079)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>79726937
>>
File: 1594862510088.png (30 KB, 120x138)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>79726962
>i-it's not making AS much as a book released when the fanbase was bigger and starved for a new edition
Thats the best you've got? Very sad. Buck status: Broke.
>>
>>79726903
>he's already given up on Essence
Makes sense, Virtue rules and Power are complete dogshit.
>>
File: ezpdf.snapshot.61.png (384 KB, 682x1079)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>79726968
>>
File: E3KLFG8WQAEr-u4.jpg (148 KB, 1392x982)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>79726997
>i-it's not making as much even though 3E is supposed to be shit and everyone is immediately flocking over to essence
>i-it's not like Essence's backer numbers have lagged behind the core's for everything since day one
>i-it's not like the disparity gets wider the MORE rules previews come out

That's right. Essencebucks are completely broke now. Sorry Essenceniggers.
>>
File: 1611440006368.gif (868 KB, 200x180)
868 KB
868 KB GIF
>>79727007
>>79727060
>trying this hard to turn it around
Damn son, that copium must be some wild shit. Can't wait for Essence.
>>
>>79727084
spoken like a truly broken essence buck
>>
>>79727084
It's already out. Most people here seem pretty lukewarm even after seeing the rules, or else outright dunking on it.

It's also really funny how the One True Edition has most everyone outside of hype threads on rpg.net and the main forums going 'eh, okay.'

Sorry Essencebuck.
>>
>>79727130
There's also the very real possibility that most people just jumped in on Essence to get the other splats sooner. That was my only reason, at least.
>>
>Somehow alchemicals have a worse ox-body then sidereals
>Liminals and DBs are better then theirs
What is this garbage?
>>
Does 2e have different classes of Warstriders? Scout, Common, Juggernaut, etc?
>>
>>79727408
Yes, if it's in 1e it's almost likely in 2e just usually worse.
>>
>>79727393
Yeah that also immediately jumped at me.
Why?
I get they are supposed to be able to get all the ox-bodies more easily but in the long run they are fucked.
>>
>>79727408
Yeah, I remember it having those.
>>
>>79727393
That's pretty fucking gay, especially since Sidereals are infamous for having the worst ox bodies of all.
>>
>All Exalt types have identical dice pools and excellency limits for excellencies
So they're basically intending for all PCs, regardless of splat type, to be mostly equal to one another.
>>
>>79727666
Universal excellencies might not be the same as splat-specific excellencies.
>>
>>79727694
Excellencies are Universal. We saw all the modes available for Excellencies, it was just 'attribute based Exalts can take Attribute excellencies instead.'
>>
>>79727666
Satan is visiting these threads a lot lately.
>>
Okay. Seriously. Just WHAT can I do in ExCofd? Is it even possible to make a difference?
>>
>>79727694
I seriously doubt there will be Exalt specific excellencies.
>>
>>79727761
CofD is nWoD v..0, right? I dunno, kill vampires?
>>
>>79727761
Kill vampires, kill the idigams, kill archons, fix the universe by destroying the abyss, achieve peace between forsaken and pure worldwide, etc ...
There may not be an impending apocalypse, but there are still plenty of things to do.
>>
>>79727761
Exalts are pretty wild in ExCoD. Here's a Lunar charm for it that Holden posted:

Alone in the Crowd
Resonance: Changing Moon
The Lunar touches her prey and whispers something in his ear. “Run” is traditional, but anything will do. From that moment onward, the Lunar and her prey are effectively alone in the world, the resultant pursuit and predation invisible to all others.
Cost: 1 Mote
Dice Pool: Manipulation + Intimidation + Essence versus Composure + Essence
Action: Instant and Contested
Duration: Until the sun next rises or sets
Roll Results
Dramatic Failure: The Lunar has only succeeded in giving away her intentions. The target gains the Inspired Condition with regard to escaping from or ambushing the Lunar.
Failure: The Lunar fails to occlude her prey.
Success: So long as the Lunar actively pursues her prey, it becomes impossible for anyone to notice any indication that the target is in distress or needs help. Even grabbing a police officer by the shirt and screaming in his face will provoke only confusion, laughter, or irritation at the target’s perceived pranking about. For any less-forceful interaction (such as running by at full speed while crying and bleeding, or stopping on a busy street to scream for help), everyone else simply fails to notice the running, crying, bleeding, or screaming. This Charm doesn’t render the target invisible – security guards will still stop him from entering restricted areas, for example – it only makes his distress impossible to notice.
Exceptional Success: As a success, and the Lunar gains the Inspired Condition to stalk and punish her prey.
>>
>>79727761
Kill Archmages and dethrone the Exarchs?
You know, what the Exalted were made to do?
>>
>>79727869
Is ExVsCoD out yet?
>>
>>79727904
The first draft is done. But ExWoD Revised is more likely to be out first, once it exits Layout Hell.
>>
>>79727923
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>79727869
I'm gonna use it on Beasts!!!
>>
File: fairy.jpg (83 KB, 600x500)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
I'm also fond of this one, even if it's far more low key.

Hideous Phantom Missive
Resonance: Day, Daybreak, Moonshadow
The Abyssal whispers a short message and consigns it to the unknowable horror of the universe which devoured her name and penned the Laws that bind her. Those horrors ensure that it reaches its intended recipient.
Action: Reflexive
When the message’s target is next alone, she receives the Abyssal’s message. This always occurs by means of a horrifying supernatural manifestation. Possibilities include but are certainly not limited to: the rotting corpse of a loved one lurching out of the closet to thrust a letter into the target’s hands; letters of blood beading up on the wall before drizzling down the wallpaper; a hideous car wreck occurs, and the lone mutilated survivor crawls out to deliver the message before dying; a clotted, monstrous voice whispers the message from a nearby drain. When the recipient turns away, runs, blinks, or attempts to summon help, they find all supernatural evidence of the manifestation (a rotting zombie and the gore it tracked across the floor) gone, though purely mundane elements of the message itself (the letter it held) may remain.
The voice of an Abyssal who knows this Charm sometimes echoes in spaces where sound should not otherwise echo.
>>
>>79727761
You can't fix the setting itself, no, since the point of Chronicles is that "God's a dick, and he won". Also the Powers That Be have more resources/leeway than the Primordial War...
>>
>>79728117
It's okay. I'll just be a bigger part of the problem than anyone else can manage

And I'll style on Beasts
>>
>>79727869
How is that wild. It's just a Fate 4/5 effect.
>>
>>79728145
>as good as a Mage with the maximum proficiency that the ruleset allows in their area of expertise
Haha, okay.
>>
>>79728031
>>79727869
Has he shared any Solar charms?
Are there power differences between Solaroids/celestias/Terrestrial?
>>
File: Pariah.png (115 KB, 337x518)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>79728191
>As good as
Actually no, since mages can do more than just cause indifference (such as outright hostility). They're not linear/specific like that. Fate 4 can also change the specifics of pre-existing effects like that (indifference/hostility/attraction/etc).
>>
>>79727869
Is he using 2e or 1e rules?
>>
>>79728117
The cooler I'll look after killing God and becoming an even bigger dick.
>>
>>79728307
2e
>>
>>79728117
It doesn't matter the exalts will just build another celestial ladder and kill the exarches.
>>
>>79728307
2E
>>79728280
A few.

Fulminating Word
Resonance: Eclipse, Zenith
The Solar’s words toll like an iron bell in the psyche of one who has accepted them, profoundly moving him. Reluctance and reserve crumble in the face of the Exalt’s desires.
Action: Reflexive
Requirement: The Solar must have just successfully used social maneuvering to open a Door via conversation or soft leverage.
Rather than opening a single Door, the Solar’s efforts open two. If this Charm is used to enhance an exceptional success, then three Doors are opened rather than the usual two, but the hammer-blow of her divine word shakes a merely mortal psyche that is subjected to it; if her target has an Integrity trait, then being subjected to this Charm on an exceptional success is a breaking point.

Lightning Speed
Resonance: Night
The Solar moves with the speed of darting sunbeams, able to flash from place to place almost faster than the eye can follow.
Cost: None or 1 Mote
Action: None (for the persistent benefit) or Reflexive (for the 1 Mote benefit)
Duration: Permanent or 1 turn
The character’s Speed calculation becomes Strength + Dexterity + Essence + 5. If she possesses the Fleet of Foot Merit, double the Speed gained for each dot of that Merit.
By spending 1 Mote, the character may multiply her Speed by 10 for one turn, and also subtract twice her Essence rating from all Firearms-based attacks directed at her during that turn. The Solar blurs from place to place in a sizzling golden flash, often leaving flickering specks of Essence crackling in the air in her wake.

Generally the power disparity is maintained. Solaroids > Celestials > Terrestrials.

>>79728297
The general idea is that Exalts play much more nicely in CofD than WoD, which makes sense given the massive power creep every splat had in 2E.
>>
>>79728364
Yeah, but, like, compare >>79712823 to the below Seer propaganda. The horror of God/the Exarchs' reign is doubled because their ascension was a flawed one; it's hypothetically possible to ascend-topple them, but this is an effectively insurmountable prospect because of their total numbers, and, yes, the abyss being in the way (we don't actually know for certain if the Exarchs even like/dislike the abyss, since it's clearly useful to them in present tellurian days). The setting puts an emphasis on the "yes, it's possible, but it's still impossible even then". There's too many existentially devastating loops to go through. You'd need a force 100x the size of the Primordial War.

> Below the Archigenitors and the Iron Seals that represent the Arcana, the Seers of the Throne populate choruses and legions of lesser Exarchs. They speak of 8 million recorded gods, seven legions of Arch-Ascended under every Seal, ruling 77 ochemata and 777 secret masters of the world, and even universes within each Exarch’s soul, huge enough to spawn infinite avatars.
>>
>>79728415
Impossible with the abyss in the way though. Impossible with the total amount of iron seals keeping tabs on the pax. It's hopeless unless something vital changes in the pax hierarchies.
>>
>>79728145
Isn't it just Mind 2? It's a veiling effect.
>>
>>79728524
It could be both. Since the Fate 4 attainment also deals with mental influence. There's a bit of overlap between the two.
>>
>>79728524
Mage is basically Calvinball it's always whatever your GM decides it is.
>>
>>79728515
>He doesn't understand exalted
Why come to a thread to talk about something you don't understand. The exalted will throw down any and any supposed impossible to defeat being. The issue is what consequences will arise from their actions.
>>
>>79728554
That's more Ascension than Awakening. Awakening is a lot more clear on what you can/cannot do.
>>79728559
Read >>79728491
>>
>>79728572
Read what the exalted can do you moron.
>>
File: Seer Defense Program.png (53 KB, 1142x258)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>79728559
>The issue is what consequences will arise from their actions.

"Sigh, another existence edit. Who's going to waste their Quintessence fixing it this time, I wonder. Welp, time to draw straws".
>>
>>79728606
Lol. You think dave matters. He's not the one making the crossover.
>>
>>79728552
Yeah, but it's not doing that Fate stuff, all it does is tamper with other character's ability to perceive the target and his distress/injuries.
>>
>>79728622
Okay, I see you're bait. Moving along.
>>
>>79727393
It's just been pointed out that the Alchemical Ox-Body is a versioning error.
>>
>>79728624
Changing how people perceive you can be justified using Mind -or- Fate, or Mind, Death or Spirit if you're counting on ephemeral Influence.
>>
>>79728634
Again, it doesn't matter what mages and exarches can do. What matters is what exalts can do. and they can kill anything and any being. just go back to WoDg you'd probably feel better over there even though they hate you mage posters more then we do.
>>
>>79728435
Looks good to me
>>
>>79728606
Bruh DaveB is long gone, and that doesn't bode well for Mage 2E or archmage wank.
>>
Has anybody converted Ostrich-Stomach Alchemy and Fox-Mother's Rebirth Technique to 3e yet?
>>
>>79728678
>>79728684
Cute. I always blush when I see Dave haters waddling out of their burrows.
>>
>>79728703
Dude's a hack but more then that he doesn't control anything Holden is writing.
>>
>>79728699
>Ostrich-Stomach Alchemy
>Cost: 2m; Mins: Stamina 3, Essence 3; Type: Simple
>Keywords: None
>Duration: Indefinite
>Prerequisite Charms: Scorpion and Toad Absolution

>The Lunar’s innards shift into multiple stomachs, connected and twisted about each other; the substances she consumes gurgle and brew as though running through alchemical filters and flasks. This womb may be used as a fully stocked, mobile master’s Craft (Water) lab that supplies all tools within its functions, though the Lunar uses Stamina in the place of Dexterity for the purposes of crafting rolls made using it. Exotic ingredients must be ingested for them to be used, routed through the Lunar’s system to be digested and brewed. If an ingested ingredient would be poisonous to the Lunar, she suffers a single dose upon swallowing it, but otherwise can use it as normal. If the brewed project would itself be poisonous to her, it inflicts a single dose of itself at each crafting interval; Scorpion and Toad Absolution and Black Apple Bliss are likely necessary for any Lunar intending to brew poisons, while Moonsilver Stomach Conversion may be necessary to consume certain exotic ingredients.

>The Lunar may keep the completed concoction inside her body for as long as this Charm is active, and when the comes to do so she may expel it in any manner she sees fit as a Speed 3 miscellaneous action, including smearing it onto a weapon or digesting it herself. The rolls to brew her potions may be made independent of anything else the Lunar is doing (indeed, she need not even be conscious), though they cannot be made while engaged in strenuous activity. The Lunar may only have one such project active at once.

(cont)
>>
>>79728703
I don't hate him, mostly because I don't care about Mage or even CofD.

I just think he's a huge fucking nerd obsessed with making sure his splat "wins," whatever that means, and that it has infected his fanboys and poisoned discussion.

Vampire is neat, though.
>>
>>79728749
>It should be noted that this Charm offers no additional defence against foreign substances; brewing poisons, plagues or acids in one’s gut without appropriate protection is unwise. The Lunar is treated as having complete existing plans for any substance or disease she has already consumed or survived.

>At Essence 4+, this Charm automatically upgrades, allowing the Lunar’s alchemical digestive system to act as a complete workshop for thaumaturgical rituals from the Art of Alchemy, obviating the need for tools and rituals (the Lunar must still consume the requisite materials, or pay the substitute cost in motes).
>>
>>79728678
>Again, it doesn't matter what mages and exarches can do
It does when they have better feats/mechanical possibilities lol.
>>
>>79728768
But they don't have better then the I win +1 button exalts have.
>>
>>79728768
Archmage rules don't even exist in 2E, and will not be here for decades.
>>
>>79728684
>DaveB is long gone

1) He left his Magefag apprentice Meghan behind, and she took over Changeling
2) Even years later his headcanon is making its way into subsequent 2e books. It's also suspicious because some of his rpg.net posts are basically being copy + pasted into these new supplements.

The Devil's taint lingers.
>>
>>79728786
They actually do, since they can improvise their own superior variants of "I always win". Solars also don't have the default template-capability to target existence as a whole whenever they do anything in the Supernal.

>>79728792
>Archmage rules don't even exist in 2E
They explicitly do lol. Why are you shitposting/baiting so bloody hard?
>>
>>79728825
They don't have to. By their own charms they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>79728825
>They explicitly do lol. Why are you shitposting/baiting so bloody hard?
Oh, word? Can I play as one?
>>
File: 2e Archmages.png (301 KB, 674x597)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>79728855
Nope. The ST plays them.
>>
>>79728887
So they’re just plot devices with no hard and fast rules left entirely to ST discretion...

...and I am also the group’s forever ST. Okay, Exalts win I guess. lmao.
>>
>>79728916
Cute shitpost. They were never meant to be playable. IM was only made because they needed an excuse to squeeze out extra bucks.
>>
>>79728942
Okay. Given there’s no hard and fast rules for them, I’ll put them at Primordial tier for my game and leave it at that. It’s not like there’s anything teaming me not to.
>>
>>79728942
It wouldn't matter if you could play them or not. A solar can just force open their golden road and gut them in it. You clearly haven't played any exalted if you don't understand this is a fact. Not an opinion.
>>
>>79728975
>teaming
Telling
>>
>>79728987
>A solar can just force open their golden road and gut them in it
Not how it works. You're inside the archmaster at that point. Archmages leave them behind post-ascension, either as Wendings or numerous surviving Chantries.
>>
File: Space 5 + Time 5.png (17 KB, 683x200)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
The Time/Space arcana lone royally butt rape exallts
>>
>>79729007
Yes, and it's the place archmasters are most power and most vulnerable and when you have perfect defenses that ignore infinite damage. An archmaster is pretty much just a mortal to be gutted at that point.
>>
>>79729036
>SHaping
IPP says no.
>>
>>79729040
Not really. Can you run the distance of the Earth to the Sun? We had this conversation last night. Creation is actually really, really, really small compared to what archmages build inside themselves.
>>
>>79728767
>Spawning-Pool Body
>Cost: 2m; Mins: Stamina 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple
>**Keywords: Obvious
>**Duration: Indefinite
>Prerequisite Charms: Fish or Fowl Gestation, Ostrich-Stomach Alchemy

>The Lunar’s guts churn and writhe, as the process of moulding flesh is refined and curdled within her. For the duration of this Charm, the Lunar manifests a supernatural womb-lab somewhere on her body. This may take any form the steward desires, from a mundane-seeming belly, swollen with growing life, to a grotesque tumour hanging from her back. This womb-lab may be used as a fully stocked, mobile master’s Craft (Genesis) lab that supplies all tools within its functions. Exotic ingredients must be ingested for them to be used, routed through the Lunar’s system to the nascent creature (the reproductive material of appropriate powerful individuals is a perfect exotic ingredient for such a project, and results in the birthed creature counting as the donor’s offspring, as well as the Lunar’s). The rolls to develop the project may be made independent of anything else the Lunar is doing (indeed, they need not even be conscious), though they cannot be made while engaged in strenuous activity. The Lunar is treated as having complete existing plans for any creature within her Heart’s Blood library.

(cont)
>>
>>79729036
>Integrity protecting prana
"BE NOT" they shout
"I am" I whisper
>>
>>79729071
>This Charm has no restriction on gender; does not Luna herself often appear as a pregnant male? However, a Lunar in a form naturally capable of bearing a child can hide the Obvious nature of the Charm by altering the functions of their natural womb rather than creating a new one—obviously, this is not possible if they are already pregnant. Similarly, there are no restrictions on size, as the womb-lab distends to hold all manner of monstrous children. If the creature within the Lunar would normally be too large for her to bear, it is assumed that it will rapidly grow once birthed, or slough together from a number of component chunks—the womb-lab does not grow large enough that it impedes the Lunar’s movement. The womb-lab may hold only one project at a time, and does not affect the Lunar’s necessary food intake, as the creature growing inside her is nourished by her Essence alone.

>Once the project is completed, the creature emerges into the world, tearing itself out of the Lunar’s womb-lab, being expelled through an open pore like the offspring of a surinam toad, or being birthed more conventionally. Regardless of the method of its exit, it causes no harm to the Lunar; even a burst-open chest will seal itself as a cosmetic injury.

(cont)
>>
>>79729082
>Just as with a natural pregnancy, Crippling amputation effects (such as a maiming coup de grace) may be used to target and abort a creature in the womb-lab, reducing it to a messy silver fluid. If the Lunar is carrying more than one creature at once thanks to an upgrade Charm, each Crippling effect only destroys a single creature, chosen by the Lunar herself upon the application of the effect. Ending this Charm before the completion of a project has much the same effects, ending all extant projects prematurely.

>A Lunar in a form capable of bearing children naturally may also use this Charm to conceive immaculately, impregnating herself with an otherwise normal baby (pregnancy counts as a project, blocking the use of the womb-lab for its duration). The gestation period for such a child is as normal for the Lunar, and if she wishes she may have the child bear beastman mutations (or be an intelligent animal) appropriate to her spirit-shape. This pregnancy requires no mote commitment, being natural in every way but its beginning.

(cont)
>>
>>79729070
I can't. A Solar can.
>>
File: 1586934456087.jpg (12 KB, 168x161)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>79729062
>>79729076
kek
dilate
>>
>>79729094
>If the Lunar knows Ichneumon and Cuckoo Method, she may use that Charm to transplant one of her projects (at any stage) into the target. The project develops just as though it were being grown within the Lunar, with rolls made at the usual intervals using her unmodified traits (she may not use Excellencies or other such Charms to enhance crafting rolls for fostered projects).

>If the Lunar knows Many-Pockets Meditation (or similar Charms allowing the exploitation of Elsewhere) she may treat her womb-lab as a valid target for that Charm, sending it into Elsewhere and removing its Obvious signs on her body. Its operations continue as normal while it is Elsewhere, though it is no longer a valid target for Crippling amputation effects, for obvious reasons.

>At Essence 4+, this Charm automatically upgrades, allowing the Lunar’s alchemical digestive system to act as a complete workshop for thaumaturgical rituals from the Arts of Husbandry and Biothaumaturgy, obviating the need for tools and rituals (the Lunar must still consume the requisite materials, or pay the substitute cost in motes).
>>
>>79729100
That was a trick question, the archmage is literally anywhere he wants to be inside his inner facets. The Solar can't even follow him to the end of the golden road, as that requires Gnosis/Lustrum.
>>
>>79729070
>Can you run the distance of the Earth to the Sun?

A solar can run faster than anyone in existence (except other solars) as long as they're in a race. So yeah, a solar could beat someone in a race from the earth to the sun
>>
>>79729101
That's exactly what the Primordials said before they were strangled to death.

They didn't even need to breath!
>>
>>79729070
It's not in 2e. It was only possible in 1e because they could get hundreds of dice because of how ritual casting works. Doesn't matter now. Even if they could a solar with E6 could run the entire world six times over.

>>79729101
>I can't respond when mechanics actually favor exalted
I'm sorry you don't realize that mages are just tier 2 to exalts tier 0 to 1.
>>
>>79729131
That will take years, sorry. Years.

>>79729142
>It's not in 2e. It was only possible in 1e because they could get hundreds of dice because of how ritual casting works
Dave already brought this up. Lorewise Chantries are already universe sized, so 2e would still need to account for that. It's still bonkers.
>>
>>79729178
>That will take years, sorry. Years.

Solars can teleport in 3e.
>>
>>79729186
That's not running.
>>
>>79729178
Nothing in the books say that. Posting some guy who's not the Dev doesn't matter.

>>79729117
That's not true they still have to succeed roles to move between their own mind. And a solar could survive the supernal with just IPP. It's the point of it. It's originally used to move through absolute chaos. It's essentially forming a lustrum.
>>
File: 7f2.jpg (121 KB, 1079x717)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>whenever Magefags post in the Exalted thread because they're insanely insecure about their power levels
>>
>>79729231
>Nothing in the books say that
Um, but it does. Chantries and Wendings are idea bones thrown to STs. Kind of like the bumble bee archmage in the Astral book. The quote right here >>79728491 even mentions it.

I'm still confused why I am responding to bait.

>And a solar could survive the supernal with just IPP. It's the point of it. It's originally used to move through absolute chaos. It's essentially forming a lustrum.
That's not a Lustrum. The Supernal isn't a place. It's nothing.

Just as it isn’t a place, the Supernal isn’t an idea or a concept
either. Mages are well used to traveling inside ideas thanks to the
Astral Realms, and Shadow-born spirits gorge on the essence relating to their concepts. Clearly, the Supernal is something else.
Think of a triangle. A simple polygon, three edges and three
vertices. Everyone knows what a triangle is, everyone can point
to a triangular object or pattern and recognize it. But within
the scope of “a triangle,” an infinite number of triangles exist of
different sizes and angles. Even then, no perfect triangle exists
anywhere in the universe. Every single one will have a flaw, no
matter how infinitesimal.
Now extend that to a cat. Or a human being. Or love.
The Supernal is the truth; in the example, it is the true,
perfect triangle existing nowhere in Fallen reality, but it acts as
the definition for its infinite imperfect reflections
>>
File: sun egg.jpg (29 KB, 400x334)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>79729271
Wait.
Does this mean there's a single mega ultra perfect Solar in the Supernal? Which beams down every other Solar?
>>
>>79729307
In a way.
>>
>Fox-Mother's Rebirth Technique
>Cost: —; Mins: Stamina 5, Essence 3; Type: >Permanent
>Keywords: Shaping
>Duration: Permanent
>Prerequisite Charms: Spawning-Pool Body

>The Lunar may move another living character of roughly the same size as her or smaller into her womb-lab as a miscellaneous action, whether by opening up a gaping pore or simply swallowing them. Such a character must be either willing or incapacitated, but once within the liquid stasis of the womb they become inactive (if they were not already) and remain that way until ejected. Once a character is in the womb, the Lunar may work on them as the basis of a Genesis project (ensuring that the resultant creature will have the memories and soul of the base character), or as the subject of Medicine rolls.

>More simply, she may apply permanent mutations to them as a Shaping effect. She rolls (Intelligence + [Craft: Genesis or Stamina]), and the target gains or loses points of mutations no greater than her rolled successes. As always, poxes and deficiencies are one point, afflictions and debilities are two points, blights and deformities are four points, and abominations are six points. These mutations are applied at a rate of one point per hour. The Lunar may choose to end this mutating process early, but only completed mutations are applied (or removed); she cannot “swap out” four hours worth of an abomination for a blight, for example. Wyld mutations may be removed as normal with this Charm, and the Lunar may choose whether or not to have any mutations she applies act as Wyld mutations.

(cont)
>>
>>79729336
>Once the project is complete or the mutations have been applied, the swallowed character is birthed as normal. Aside from being mutated, they are in perfect health. If the project is aborted with a Crippling effect, the character in question is immediately ejected, unchanged (although they are incapacitated, with the appropriately filled health levels).

>If the Lunar knows Time-Bending Chrysalis, then she may use Bear Sleep Technique to target the character within her womb, regressing his aging at the normal rate.
>>
>>79729271
Show me where this in the books?
>>
>>79729400
It’s DaveB forum posts. Those are BETTER than books.
>>
>>79729400
Do you have Signs of Sorcery?
>>
>>79729062
Simply a contested Prime roll to oppose.
>>
File: supernal canon.png (228 KB, 1792x908)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>79729420
Close. It was taken from DaveB's forum post on rpg.net years back, and made canon in SoS. The whole cat analogy.
>>
Being an archmaster is literally being a canon fanfiction writer. The Supernal is like a wiki for any given fictional setting. When an archmaster ascends they're basically saying "You can no longer edit this page, I wrote it, and now I AM it.". The Supernal is in between the WoD and the meta that is the players. Probably why a few people are convinced Fate 9/10 can break the fourth wall.
>>
>>79729514
Oh ok.

See >>79729238
>>
>>79729420
Well his fanboys seem to think so. Which it's kind of sad. It doesn't really matter how the supernal works. A solar's just going to enter it anyway. It's just the way solars work.
>>
>>79729551
>A solar's just going to enter it anyway. It's just the way solars work.
And you still think it's something you can enter. It's more about interpretation (it's different for everyone) than entering.
>>
>>79729514
WoD is just one big simulation
>>
>>79729573
Clearly archmasters can. Which means exalts can.
>>
>>79729611
Archmasters actually have Gnosis, and access to their personal linkage to the Supernal. Normal mages only ever make Lustrums *once* in their lives, their initial awakening. You first need to justify Exalts acquiring their own version of Mage Sight before you an argue them obtaining a Lustrum. How do they catch a Watchtower's attention? With the Abyss in the way, there's no other alternative than a Watchtower.
>>
>>79729640
>You first need to justify Exalts acquiring their own version of Mage Sight
All Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight?

God who the hell cares anyways, you can have a CofD game with no mage shit whatsoever and considering the state of CodD general that seems to be every non Magefag’s preference.
>>
>>79729640
Exalts have essence, which is all they need to do anything they want. They have their own version of mage sight btw. I'm sorry you've decided to enter this conversation without ever reading how exalted work. IPP also makes them immune to the abyss as well. It makes them immune to every foreign environment. That's why it's called integrity protecting prana.
>>
>>79729664
>All Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight
>>79729690
>They have their own version of mage sight btw

That's not Mage Sight.
>>
>>79729736
I don't care, I'm never going to read Mage and you can't trick me into it.

I just want a thing where a sun guy can punch a Vampire in the face in a ruleset that isn't oWoD.
>>
How setting agnostic is the system would you say? I'm looking for something to run a crazy adventure game for my friends and trying to find a system that'll let them act like they're guilty gear characters.
>>
>>79729754
Just drink the koolaid, anon.
>>
>>79729758
Not really, all the powers are tied to the setting.
But you can just take them and ignore it without much trouble.
>>
>>79729758
It's not super easy to disconnect the exalt types from the setting, but it's possible if you're willing to deal with a bit of mechanical weirdness. Essence is probably the best ruleset for that, since it's the simplest so far, and is directly built for pickup-and-play
>>
>>79729736
It is. Read the book.
>>
>>79729736
Then what is it?
>>
>>79729802
It is not.

>>79729820
Definitely not Mage Sight / Path Worlds.
>>
>>79729758
Not at all.
>>
>>79729856
I'm sorry. Your splat's inferior get over it.
>>
>>79729758
Normally I'd say no, but if it's Guilty Gear you can probably pull it off.
>>
I honestly can't wait for the amount of solar x mage hatefuck fanfics that will come out of this
>>
>>79730011
As long as it's not gay because I want to jack off to it.
>>
I leave the thread for a few months and the Magefags are still fucking here
Stop responding to them you fucks
>>
>>79730032
No it HAS to be gay
>>
>>79730037
I'll take any number of magefags over the dweeb that spams the same reaction images while everyone calls him a rancid faggot.

You know the one.
>>
>>79730037
They were gone for a while actually

Which tells me you brought them back with you
>>
>>79729106
Words words words words
Holy cow dude. It can’t be necessary to write that much
>>
>>79730065
Lesbians.

One can be futa if you must.
>>
>>79730085
Blame Revlid, he's the one who wrote them.
>>
>>79730172
What's he even doing now?
>>
>>79730186
He's a freelancer for Exalted.
>>
>>79730322
Wow. When'd that promotion happen?
>>
>>79730345
A while ago. I have no idea if he's still there though.
>>
>>79730370
I haven't seen him on anywhere.
>>
>>79730377
He used to be on SuffVel but he quit there after getting the freelancer position and because SuffVel is probably the only place nearly as toxic and hostile as 4chan.
>>
File: 1601236383625.jpg (171 KB, 523x521)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>79726778
You should actually play the game. It is literally a heist game where you would enmter a dungeon in order to gain riches while avoiding the monsters. Fighting in 1e or OD&D was stupid.
Also both OD&D and AD&D1e are the only D&D games where a player could solo a dragon and have it as a mount without it looking like bullshit. It was awesome.
>>
File: 1517190716409.png (952 KB, 842x473)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>79730668
Stay mad you shitter
>>
File: Twilight Anima.gif (1.29 MB, 300x200)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>79730763
>>
>>79730668
Magefags are so shit.
They should just create an archmage and put him against desus. The archmage will lose and we will stop wasting our time with their bullshit.
>>
My ExWoD group killed Augustus Giovanni and are hanging out with the ghost of Theodore Roosevelt.
>>
>>79731468
>Theodore Roosevelt.
Would steal back boats with/10
>>
>>79725802
>ttrpgs are for true lads who know about adventure and combat
No, that'd be adventure and combat. You could go spelunking or mountain-climbing or traveling by foot if less civilized parts of the world. That'd be adventure. Instead you're sitting around a table in full comfort playing make believe with grown men.
>>
>>79731826
That’s not adventure, that’s white people actions and cultural appropriation.
>>
>>79726666
>That said, we've gone entire sessions of Exalted w/o rolling dice, but it's nice to have something to fall back on that keeps us all playing by the same rules - as it were.
That's my experience, as well. The same applies to all games I've played. Anon arguing for older games seems to for some reason be under the impression that in crunchier games people do nothing but the things that are explicitly offered to them by the mechanics. In reality a more freeform approach is always an option regardless of the system, and player ingenuity and creativity isn't really constrained. Mechanics are there, as you say, as something to fall back on when the situation calls for it.

>>79727130
A lot of people also seem to like it. More than one anon here has stated that they like what's been shown of Essence so far, even if they have some misgivings. Discussion on SV seems to be more positive at the moment than the discussion here.

>>79728647
There have been several versioning errors already, haven't there?
>>
>>79732109
>There have been several versioning errors already, haven't there?
You'd think they'd get somoone to run through it and make sure everything is right before releasibg it, but I guess there's no point when there are so many who'd pay for the privilege.
>>
>>79726076
>If the Green Sun dies in a sorcerer's service, he will labor on as the Red Star

I have been looking for this reference forever but people kept saying it was in Games of Divinity.
>>
>>79732109
>A lot of people also seem to like it. More than one anon here has stated that they like what's been shown of Essence so far, even if they have some misgivings. Discussion on SV seems to be more positive at the moment than the discussion here.
I don't hate it, but it's clearly not an uncontested improvement that everyone is just going to flock to as 3E is summarily discontinued as Rich Thomas declares everyone who liked 3E to be a rancid faggot. And that's enough to make that guy really, really angry.
>>
>>79726076
>>79732164
Whoa, I never would have caught that. So that may be where the Red Sun idea of RotSE came from.
>>
>>79732219
The reference is of course to the WoD Red Star, but if they referenced it again in RotSE post it please.
>>
>>79732250
I don't know anything about WoD so I don't know about a red star. But there's this idea that if the UCS died he'd become the red sun.
>>
File: 1600505667806.png (1.37 MB, 1920x1080)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>79726826
3E isn't a good game, sorry. Also pic related, fuck off Milhouse.
>>
Is there still no character generator for 3e?
>>
>>79732442
Lot Casting Atemi.
>>
>>79732442
...what? Hasn't this game been out for years?
>>
>>79732442
Wasn't there a 3e version of Anathema in development?
>>
File: essencebuck.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>79732431
>getting so mad you have to respond twice
I guess unfortunately neither is Essence, Essencebuck.
>>
>>79732460
>>79732462
Anathema for 3E was cancelled, but Lot-Casting Atemi has all the functionality of Anathema for 3E.
>>
>>79732474
This thread would be marginally improved if you two reposting faggots touched grass and got thrown into a wood chipper.
>>
>>79732442
It's called pick up a pencil and paper.

>>79732460
Because 3E is a mountain of over promising, under delivering, and failures.
>>
>>79732506
I'm just going to repost for like the third time that Lot-Casting Atemi is one of the best character generators of all time.

>>79732495
It's one reposting faggot and what seems to be several people picking on him.
>>
>>79732506
I'm not into third edition but it seems like Lot-Casting Atemi can character generate. I'm still not completely sold on Essence, but that character generator might convince me to try it out. Also did everyone here forget what an absolute shit show the manuscript for third edition was, even after the leak? Neither have been so much as caressed by an editor yet. Third drastically improved from the manuscript and even though it's not my cup of tea, the same will probably happen to Essence. Probably. Probably...
>>
>>79732524
Virtues need to be completely rewritten and there needs to at least be charms that allow the draining of Power before I'll be willing to accept it.

Otherwise I'll just tear out Ventures and ignore the rest. Although, given that 3E's crucible book will also have a Unified Projects System that's most likely going be Ventures as well, maybe not even that is necessary.
>>
>>79732542
Without even knowing the Charm rules theres likely going to be a Resist Charm that saps power or something, or some bastard variation of the DB's mote sapping Charms.

Also why the fuck did DB's ever get mote sappers anyway? Why in the shit is that in their wheelhouse of abilities? That seems more like an Abyssal thing if anything, given their whole schtick was always subtracting things, be it dice, limbs, or souls.
>>
>>79732559
>Without even knowing the Charm rules theres likely going to be a Resist Charm that saps power or something, or some bastard variation of the DB's mote sapping Charms.
I'm not optimistic. There's been at least one screeching faggot in the threads adamant that Power Drain is a bad idea without ever being able to back it up. There's no reason for me not to think that the Devs aren't on the same page, and that having power go down would slow the game.

Even though, as it stands, Power is just kind of an arbitrary speedbump that you can tear out entirely, if the goal is just faster play.
>>
>>79732588
Why is a power sapping charm necessary?
>>
>>79732588
>Even though, as it stands, Power is just kind of an arbitrary speedbump that you can tear out entirely, if the goal is just faster play.
So is Withering/Decisive honestly. Which is why I was hoping Essence would ditch it. Oh well. Still looks better than base 3E, and I'm unwilling to wait the 800 years it'll take for them to get over this 3E crap and get to 4E, so this is my only option.
>>
>>79732591
As it stands, neither withering nor build power actually do anything to impede your enemies. You're just trying to find the optimal strategy to meet the arbitrary power threshold to do something actually useful like a gambit or hurt someone. Someone ran the math, and the difference in power gain between hitting a competent opponent with a withering attack versus missing him entirely is just 1-2 points of power on average thanks to how fucked up Overwhelming is. The stakes here are ultimately fairly low and getting hit by a withering attack isn't exactly a big deal.

Whereas in 3E, withering always had a purpose. It didn't just build you up, it also kept your enemy from being able to hurt you. It also made them more vulnerable, for when it was time to hurt them seriously.
>>
>>79732610
Withering in both 3e and Essence were made to address hyper lethality of 2e and to allow 'cinematic combat'.

3e's problem with Withering is that the idea was good but the numbers you had to track constantly fucked around and became unbearable to manage among other resources. That and the fact you could just skip the system with Join Battle Awareness alpha strikes. Which I'm certain is going to happen with Essence too.
>>
Tangentially related, but we at least know that they've got something going on with power besides decisive attacks.
>Some Charms involving the pace and tempo of battle may require an expenditure of Power, while others requiring a certain amount of magical effort may require Anima
>>
>>79732610
>So is Withering/Decisive honestly.
But withering in 3E does things. You want to avoid getting hit with withering. It matters to you and your opponent.

Whereas in Essence, you just need to weigh whether it's a more optimal power farming strategy versus building power in a vacuum. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter to your opponent.

Further, I liked that PCs could control the battlefield by keeping their enemies down. That's not really possible in Essence, and there's no situation where a Dawn wants to Wither a Dusk when he could farm off the Abyssal's Moonshadow friend. It's not like the Power the Dusk built up so far is ever at risk.
>>
>>79732638
>problem with Withering is that the idea was good but the numbers you had to track constantly fucked around and became unbearable to manage among other resources.

It was easier to track than ticks and speed. Simple addition and subtraction is better than the abominable rotating battle wheel, having come off of it and onto 3E.
>>
>>79732648
Sure, that's fine. My issue is that Withering doesn't impede your opponent in any actual way.
>>
Not trying to hate or anything, but could someone give me a genuine explanation for why they thick building power through withering attacks is more reliable? I don't really understand how this is the case pre charms.
>>
>>79732480
>all the functionality of Anathema

Except for having the pre-entered text and traits for anything, which eliminates a lot of the point.
>>
>>79732462
It was handed off to someone else.
>>
>>79732729
Overwhelming apparently lets you build some power even on a miss, making it less risky.
>>
>>79732744
Okay, but it's still a good character generator.
>>
I still think the whole idea of Lunars having the Tell is a both stupid idea and badly implemented mechanically, and has always been since 1e.
>>
>>79732866
I don't know why they just don't say that while the Lunars Shapeshifting is amazing it isn't perfect and sufficiently high rolls backed by magic can tell that this isn't a "true" whatever it is. The rigamarole with the compulsion to see it but it also masking itself is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>79732662
>But withering in 3E does things. You want to avoid getting hit with withering. It matters to you and your opponent.
No? Do you not play 3E? Init barely matters, you just combo someones face off and one round anyone as a Solar.
>>
>>79732962
YES EXACTLY

I've said this repeatedly before, and even tried to come up with some homebrew to basically just add a disguise-roll-with-bonuses as part of the shapechanging, and it all just got constant opposition and I never understood why.
>>
>>79733052
Not everyone on earth is a Brawl Focused Dawn Solar. They're certainly not all playing one, nigger.

Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>79733081
You can do it as Melee too. Or any character with Stealth/Larceny. You've never actually played 3E have you? You'd know this if you have. I don't know why people want to pretend 3E isn't just as fucked as 2E was. Just because it's a slightly different kind of fucked doesn't mean it's not absolutely fucked.
>>
>>79733109
>high JB can let you one shot people
That's a feature, not a bug. Have more than one enemy for your players if you think it's a problem.
>>
>>79733121
>that's a feature, not a bug
Pretty shitty feature retard.
>>
>>79733157
You act as if you've never dealt with a Solar player annoyed that he wasn't able to one-shot a mortal right out of JB.
>>
File: 1605750063600.gif (839 KB, 557x308)
839 KB
839 KB GIF
>>79733121
JB doesn't even factor into some of it. You can just buzzsaw people down with Melee, or one touch them with Brawl. I currently play a Brawlchad who doesn't even bother boosting my JB, because I can just Thunderclap and if I touch them, they're already dead.
>>
>>79733081
If you're making withering attacks at all as a Solar then something is seriously wrong.
>>
>>79733187
Not everyone is a Brawl Supernal Dawn Solar or interesting in playing one.

It's not like you're in fantasy fucking Vietnam here, I'm not out to kill my players if they choose not to optimize.
>>
>>79733194
The Single Point Stylist Dawn in my game does withering. Not sure what else to tell you.
>>
>>79732383
It's not that he'd become the red sun, it's more that the physical Sun would go red instead.
>>
>>79733209
You can do this as a Dawn with just about any attack ability, dumbass. You can also do this as a Night, who don't even get Supernal's in attack skills.

You really don't know how to play the game and you're just trying to cover your ass. Just admit you were wrong, it's an internet forum bro. No one's gonna care about your dick size here on 4chan.
>>
>>79732962
I'd let shapeshifting be perfect and have the Lunar's behavior rather than appearance be what might reveal him. Also magic, I'd be fine with magic that treats Lunar shapeshifting as a disguise that can be seen through being relatively common.
>>
>>79733224
So we're back to bitching about JB, or am I expected to read your mind and find out what you're angry about? Like you're my fucking wife or something.

If the Solars are able to nuke someone right out of JB, then the solution is to not give a shit or to have more enemies.
>>
File: 1564819812061.jpg (134 KB, 923x1138)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>79733249
>why wouldn't people just use the optimal strategy in Essence rather than playing with the system?
>WHY WOULD YOU USE THE OPTIMAL STRATEGY IN THIRD EDITION RATHER THAN PLAYING WITH THE SYSTEM?
>>
>>79732250
>the Time of Judgement's Red Star was Ligier, finally coming back to Creation after his death and travails through the Deep Umbra, with the pack of smokes his summoner wanted
>>
>>79733291
What the fuck are you babbling about and what does it have to do with anything I said?

Are you just continuing an argument you had with someone else?
>>
>>79733291
Anon, if the "optimal strategy" in third edition is nullified by slightly tweaking encounter design, I'm not sure your analysis is all that impressive.

And I'm not sure why you're bringing up Essence.
>>
>>79732383
The Red Star was a symbol of the Apocalypse in the World of Darkness, and Ligier being referenced as turning into it is another 'the two settings are connected' reference, and a pretty interesting one I might steal.
>>
>>79733439
I might also end up stealing that for ExWoD in the future, yeah.
>>
>>79733329
What are you babbling about? The original statement was "You don't play 3E because you seem utterly ignorant of it's combat problems". Then you just launch off on unrelated cope rants or try the ultimate cope deflect of "J-just don't c-care about it!". Which isn't an answer to any of the problems the system has.
>>
>>79733452
If you do it keep in mind its not supposed to be literally Ligier, but rather a decaying or reincarnation of sorts. Honestly thats my headcanon on the Wyrm, its just the ruined schizophrenic wrath of the Yozi after 100,000+ more years of decay, fetich death and incestuous murder.
>>
>>79733473
The Red Star was called Anthelios in Werewolf cosmology IIRC, kind of makes sense because Ligier is Sol's rival on many ways.
>>
>>79733468
You're not even telling me what issue you're specifically talking about. I assume we're talking about getting a ton of init off of JB and one-shotting an opponent, in which case?

Yes, having a longer encounter with more enemies, or having more enemies appear on the scene after they've blown through their starting init, is in fact a totally valid solution to the problem.

Personally? I'm fine with a Solar being able to one-shot people with an Awareness or Stealth focused build. That may not be the case for everyone. In which case, here is the easy and obvious solution.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. Now fuck off.
>>
>>79733485
Yeah the idea that Anthelios is the shattered demonic reincarnation of Ligier works on a number of levels.
>>
>>79733389
There is never not a reason to Excellency Join Battle, especially if you have more enemies, because in that case you're harder to crash.

Seriously you're fucking braindead.
>>
File: bXsBN6F.png (446 KB, 971x1000)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
I was thinking about basing a Dawn Caste off pic related sometime.
>>
>>79733501
Follow the comment chain, brainlet. Original statement that brought your schitzo ass whining was >>79733052 where your responses point out you're blissfully unaware that Init doesn't really matter at all in the system due to how Solars can just generate masses of it easily.
>>
>>79733521
Then what issue are you exactly talking about, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>79733543
>Init doesn't really matter at all in the system due to how Solars can just generate masses of it easily.

That's your problem?

Nigger I mentioned Withering not because Solars can grab a ton of it!

I mentioned withering because a Solar can use it to keep other people from trying to do a decisive on them! That's what the entire argument was about.

Fucking Christ.
>>
>>79733521
>There is never not a reason to Excellency Join Battle, especially if you have more enemies, because in that case you're harder to crash.
Except you get a free action reset if you crash someone who crashed you. A legitimate strategy in 3E is to let someone crash you who you know can't follow up with a "I crash you, then decisive" Charm, then Thundercheekclap them, hit them for a bazillion init, crash them in return, and then use your free action from crashing the dude who crashed you, to end their existence.
>>
>>79733525
What, an honorable oni warrior? SOunds like a Wyld mutant of some sort.
>>
File: 1608797166920.gif (3.93 MB, 540x304)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB GIF
>Listening to all this bullshit about withering and decisive whatever, building power, and bazillions of init
>meanwhile in my ExWoD campaign: "I do 15 health."
>>
>>79733609
It *is* fun dude, but it's for stomping werewolves and vampires and shit. Not for putting your edgy abyssal friend in a chokehold except as a one-off novelty.
>>
File: file.png (748 KB, 640x640)
748 KB
748 KB PNG
Was watching Devilman Crybaby recently and now I kind of wish I could play an Infernal inspired by Akira
>>
>>79733563
This isn't a strategy so much as it is a highly situational tactic that is still inferior to Alpha Strike
>>
>>79733659
Going strictly by lore though, they're not Infernals. They're Lunars. Because devils are literally just a species that evolved the ability to take on the traits of what they eat.

tl;dr Devilman's a Lunar.
>>
File: dante.jpg (103 KB, 1200x680)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>79733659
Essence will suffice for that, but I've mentioned my gripes about Withering enough times in the thread.

The real Chad move is to play infernals inspired by Dante though
>>
>>79733617
Stripped of some of the weaker elements like Soak not being passive, the lack of standardized resistance mechanics, and 'declare up resolve down', its honestly a more solid basic system then whatever the hell other editions are doing. I have no idea why Exalted keeps trying to make initiative interesting or something that determines things besides strict linear turn order. 2E made initiative weird, then 3E made it even weirder. Initiative will never, ever be interesting.
>>
>>79733683
Alpha Strike is the most viable tactic in every edition of Exalted, as Onslaught is a thing that exists. Essence also encourages Alpha Strikes with concentrated attacks.

You're basically saying water is wet. This isn't news to anyone.
>>
>>79733595
Probably, yeah. From some bordermarch hicksville in the mountains, that kind of thing.
>>
>>79733687
Well yes, and the devils all look super monstrous because they're literal chimeras made from fusing with and absorbing other devils. But transforming into a monstrous battle form is pretty much Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai.

>>79733691
Dante is more of a Demon-Blooded Solar though. I did like that Devil Tyrant = Devil Trigger.

>>79733719
I've proabbly been reading too much porn but you could have her be the daughter of some Lookshy sohei who managed to tame a raksha oni and taught his/her kids to be disciplined warriors and protect the village that took them in/ is under their protection.
>>
>>79733698
It runs into issues that 1E Exalted had (scene-longs like FiveFold Bulwark Stance are basically an I-win button unless an enemy can get ~16 or more successes on a single attack roll), and also issues that 2E Exalted had (perfect defenses are easy, cheap, and cost effective, with the sole saving grace compared to 2E being that you can at least get alpha striked to your per round mote limit).

I'm not convinced it's built for Exalt vs Exalt combat, but I have had them fight an Abyssal once and a few Dragonblooded for another encounter. Both times, I gave them other objectives instead of 'just kill each other.'
>>
>>79727923
>The first draft is done
Where can it be found?
>>
Why are layout people so fucking lazy? It's not hard.
>>
>>79733563
TRA only works at short range. If they've crashed you in Melee, you can't TRA them.
>>
>>79733609
>Meanwhile in QE I can have fights between Exalts with actual exchanges of blows without one instantly killing tge other or without it drawing on for two sessions of ineffective slapping
Non-official supremacy is real.
>>
File: youknow.jpg (25 KB, 400x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>79734438
Paid by time

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.