[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: c4dcz7va.jpg (625 KB, 902x1465)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
In which /tg/ engages in a bit of light backstabbery, and France pioneers Napoleonic psychological domination techniques.

"A Tale of two Russia's" edition
>>
Ahh, a comfy new thread. So we've heard about Russia1 being a backstabbing git/Russia2 being dumb, and England2 making a complete beginner's mistake. What about other countries? What's Italy1 and 2 like, and why is France1 being called Napoleonic?
>>
>>79719366
Being an asshole is different from stabbing. Although the two are often related.
>>
File: Chief.png (181 KB, 402x447)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>79719949
France has a Unique Style of Press
>>
>>79719949
I heard Italy 2 is really trustworthy and just generally a great guy, you should ally him.
>>
File: 512461.jpg (54 KB, 640x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>79721128

To continue my quotations of Homer...
>>
>>79720222

France? Are you there buddy? Are you okay?

...I'm now wondering just how effective play a nation completely silently with almost no communication would be.
Like, every so often another nation state simply get's these all caps single words or generally terse missives like "BURGUNDY" or "BELGIUM" and occaisionally "THAT WAS A MISTAKE"
>>
>>79719408
The claim (by both) is that Italy was allied with Russia from the start and the Juggernaut threat was a sham... then Russia turned on him too, because Italy got bugger all from Turkey getting fucked
>>
Previous thread >>79620577
I know people have replied to posts there, but I'm linking it anyway just to keep things a bit more organized.
>>
>>79721920
cheers
>>
File: game2-1902Spr.png (185 KB, 900x771)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
Damn, France fights like that?????
>>
>>79721334
France is pretty relentlessly straightforward in general.
>>
>>79723325
Italy making the power play on St. Petersburg
>>
>>79723325
and you people thought france was in trouble
we can also add Italy and Austria to the list of players that don't really understand the rules
>>
>>79723325
Not sure I understand many of these moves
>>
>>79723463
>>79723535
Italy here, I just wanted to shit up the screenshot a bit more, hope Russia doesn't mind.
>>
File: Italians, incoming!.png (332 KB, 1026x586)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>79723325
Watch out, the Italians have created never-before seen forms of military technology
>>
>>79719321
>Germany does the right thing and saves the world
>France immediately backstabs them
Historically accurate roleplaying
>>
>>79719321
Have you considered trying... Diplomacy? ; )
>>
Oh this is VERY fun. I am really enjoying the flurry of diplomatic correspondences, and now we've got other people joining in on the public press, too. I'm not sure how long I'll last, but I'll have to think of some dramatic article for when London is lost to me - something suitably bittersweet, perhaps a paean to mourn the destruction of the Capital of the World.

Maybe I'm a bit too pessimistic about this, though. England is hard to invade, right? Island and all. I hope Game 1 starts to use public press too! I think they really help set the atmosphere to the games, instead of making it dry like... some monopoly, or something.
>>
>>79723573
Of course not.

Pic related is britains reaction to me, the limp-dick tzar cock-blocking him at this stage. I found his futile posturing funny and thought to share
>>
>>79725068
It's kind of shittery to actively post screenshots of your PMs. If you want to talk about or even copy paste a whole ass message, fair play, because it's completely possible you've doctored or even entirely fabricated a message, but with a screenshot it'd require considerable autism to fake a message. In this case it's just you two bitching at each other so little harm done (and to be fair it could all be some master plan and you both made those messages specifically to post up), but it's worth pointing out before it gets to be a common practice.
>>
>>79725068
>>79725202
Yeah, please don't start posting screenshots, it really ruins the fun of the game. I didn't mind your sharing a summary of his message with me, and it sucks that the game has been going against you so far, but you can't take this stuff personally.
>>
>>79725202
>>79725471
Sorry, did not know it was against conduct.

In the first thread the french "speak" was posted, so I thought snippets were ok to post
>>
>>79725202
>>79725471

I don't want to seem like a sore loser at all, and my pride is hurt obviously, but I wan't to make it known that this is absolutely what I expected, and I am honored to be playing with you all.

I won't post messages again.

And keep up the roleplay England, it's great
>>
>>79725672
>>79725774
No worries, it's something we probably should have caught on the French SPEAK but it was also funny as fuck so that kind of took priority at the time.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to shit on you for cheating, I'd imagine you'd think twice about actually posting secret plans publically to prove to someone else that you're telling the truth, but it's worth nipping it in the bud now before someone takes it that far.
>>
How about sending prints privately? I've done it before because I thought it would be easier to read compared to just copy and past messages.
>>
>>79718528
Speaking of which, someone in GamePrime just sent me a rather incriminating message intended for someone else. I would post a picture, but there's advocating against it in this thread.
>>
>>79727181
You can PM images?

I’d be even more against that, yeah. Definitely just copy and paste instead.
>>
>>79727950
Before acting, do consider the possibility that it was deliberately sent to you. It's an old trick of mail games for e.g. Italy to send a letter to Austria addressed to Germany saying like "I don't like your plan of moving against Austria so quick but if you set things up I'll consider joining" to get them at each other's throats.
>>
>>79727950
Talk about that message all you like though, publicly sell them down the river as long as they have a chance to defend themselves by calling you a liar.
>>
>>79723325
These French orders are kino.
>>
>>79728494
>>79728478
I don't get this game. "I know you know I know you know...but what if you don't know I know I know you know?"
>>
>>79730147
The best is when you are having a cordial chat with another power and you know that he's feeding you complete bullshit, but you just pretend to take it seriously and send him lies right back so that HE knows that what YOU'RE sending him is complete bullshit...
>>
>>79730214
It just doesn't seem very productive.
>>
>>79730332
>>79730332
There are ways to figure it out.

For example, say you are negotiating with someone you have the upper hand on, but not a great one. If he asks you to do something that doesn't make a great deal of immediate sense, it may be that you and he both know he doesn't actually intend to make the outlined move, but he does hope to see you make a token gesture in support of it to see if you are trustworthy, because you can afford to make the move but he can't.

Another problem is that if you lie too much people will eventually decide you simply aren't worth bothering with. This is why a sound and straightforward argument in favor of whatever you want is often better, especially if you can show the other guy he gets something out of it. Far too many people playing this game are completely unwilling to compromise or make any move furthering other people's interests, and will lie past the point of reason in that line.

The name of the game is Diplomacy. Talk to people. Make deals. Expect stabs, but trust people enough to get things done. Take chances to help the guy that just stabbed you against the guy that just stabbed him.
>>
>>79730332
Well, you don't always know if what you've said has had an effect, that's true. However, a big part of my game plan is gossiping - making idle conversation with the other players, even the ones on the other side of the board, and dropping hints and innuendos about the other powers and what they've said to me. Some are true, most are lies or distortions, but the point is to plant the seeds of doubt that are key to preventing the formation of strong alliances and make yourself seem slightly more trustworthy by comparison.
Do they believe it? Probably not, but you don't need them to believe it. All you need is to introduce the niggling fear that it might just be true.
Straight talk has its place of course, but only when you really need someone to do something specific and need them to understand why its also in their best interest to do it.
>>
File: diplo.gif (24 KB, 288x425)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
Threadly reminder to check out The Game of Diplomacy
http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/god.htm
>>
Would you like it if each army was controlled by a person? And the players controlling the army of the same nation are like that nations generals?
>>
>>79731097
There's at least one variant with that idea, but the problems are twofold - what reason is there for the generals to work together and how can they negotiate with other powers, and what happens when Russia takes over Tureky? Do you recruit three new players to be Russian generals? Do the Turkish generals just swap hats? Etc.
>>
>>79725672
tbf the germans spoilered that image and it was literally just the speak, not anything important. Also people were speculating that france had quit the game at the time.
>>
>>79727950
If that's me, I'll just be candid, the site seems to have fucked it up because I did not send it to you. Obviously you can't unsee it, but be aware that its not a fuckup its a server snafu that is gifting you that info.
>>
>>79731097
It would require way too many people, most of them doing very little or nothing most of the time.

An idea I had for a variant gives each nation a prime minister, a diplomat, and a general. The general can move armies and fleets but can talk only to the PM. The PM can talk only to the general and the diplomat, and the diplomat can talk to the PM and the other diplomats. It could never be played in person, but online it could present an interesting challenge of how to coordinate people who may have different ideas about the best ways to accomplish the same ends.
>>
>>79729792
France players always delivery.
>>
>>79723325
Holy shit, the size of France's balls
>>
File: 4ea.jpg (52 KB, 800x450)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>79731302
>the site seems to have fucked it up

At least tell believable lies
>>
>>79731566
>russia
>telling believable lies
I'm pretty sure he intentionally comes up with blatant lies and giggles at the thought of people believing it as he types.
>>
>>79731638
Who said anything about Russia?
>>
>>79731685
Who else would try something like this?
>>
>>79731738
The Italian
>>
>>79731566
I mean, its not exactly a mystery who it was meant for. You don't have to believe me, but in this case I am not lying. Or maybe I'm just fucking with your head, you never know.
>>
>>79732062
I'm not actually in the game, I'm just laughing at you (whoever you are) for resorting to the dumbest excuse.
>>
>>79732120
Its dumb because its legitimate. If it helps, I got 4 repeat messages from someone in the same time as I sent the one that went to the wrong person. I sent the message and then clicked to look at a new message from that person and it sent it to the wrong person.
>>
>>79731333
Now I'm wondering if you're a friend of mine who had the exact 3 person split idea (or if you're just working from the same ideas/inspiration)...he really didn't like the digital form of diplomacy though, because someone sent him memes and also he's much more effective at/gets much more enjoyment of social games in-person
>>
>>79732701
The three person split idea has been around since at least the mid-70s, I believe.
>>
File: Spring 1905.png (58 KB, 1300x1000)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Spring 1905 is in.
>>
>>79732816
Well, gentlemen, as Austria, I've one choice - Ukraine. It's time for the Hail Mary.
>>
Is it just me or did WebDiplo go down (Deustche Man speaking)
>>
Is webdiplomacy down for anyone else?
>>
>>79733184
>>79733188
It's down for me (Austria) as well.
>>
>webDiplomacy.net will be offline for 1-3 hours, starting from 0600 UTC+0, to upgrade to a more powerful server. Time will be added to all games. Thanks for your patience.
>>
Wow, a lot happened while I was asleep.

>>79725068
>>79725774
To be frank this really pissed me off, not because of the screenshot (nothing particularly important is being revealed, I already said the content in there in public press) but because "futile posturing". I'm roleplaying! But you've apologised quite handsomely since, so let's put that behind us. I understand that you may have gotten attached to your faction in the game. Going downhill isn't very fun.
>>
I still have the orders tab open, so I saved it for your convenience.
>>
>>79733184
>>79733188
It's down for 3 hours for a server update
>>
>>79733264
This is the first game right?
>>
>>79733251
>Going downhill isn't very fun.

On the contrary, I've never felt more alive.
>>
>>79733155
Godspeed, burn Moscow to the ground
>>
WebDip seems to be back
>>
>>79733904
But nobody's talking
>>
>>79735209

Oh shit. The servers for Playdip just went down. Welp. I guess my moves are locked in then since I'm going out for the rest of the day.

To my ally: Do what you must.
To my enemy: die in a ditch
To Russia: Hope the special needs school helps buddy.
>>
>>79735307
pic related
>>
>>79735307
DAMMIT MAN WHICH PLAN
>>
>>79735579
THE PLAN FROM AFRICA TO ST PETERSBURG HURRY
>>
>>79732701
The game mechanics are simple enough that you can stick plenty of weird extra layers on top. You could mega game it for 40+ players by making 7 heads of state, who can only talk to their own advisors and grant control of armies to specific advisors, and the remainder of the players are all advisors on different teams, most of whom have hidden allegiances to other powers, allowing them to win if their secret nation wins. Or blackout diplomacy, played with at least 3 boards and 21 players, where player identity is secret (and is penalised somehow if discovered) but everyone is still free to talk, making arguments for what certain countries should be doing right now.
>>
File: armistice.jpg (427 KB, 1200x675)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
We've had
>war
and we've had
>peace
but no
>armistice
>>
>>79736958
You forgot
>tits
>>
File: Hitler_1921[1].jpg (111 KB, 364x568)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
bump
>>
>>79735307
>I guess my moves are locked in then since I'm going out for the rest of the day
6 hours has been added to all games. You have 19 hours from now to change your orders, if needed.
>>
>>79739328
Webdiplo only, that guys in playdiplo
>>
File: game2-1902Fal.png (171 KB, 900x771)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
Big action on game 2, shockingly France fails to make any progress after his excellent position this turn. Meanwhile Russia falls in on Turkey and Italy attempts possibly the shittiest stab of all time.
>>
File: diplo.png (340 KB, 851x766)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>79741081
Hold on a minute. This is my first time playing this game, but I thought I understood the mechanics of how this situation would be resolved. An almost identical situation in the rulebook shows that if two provinces attack each other, but one of them is supported into the other province, it ought to succeed. What did I do wrong with my orders?
>>
>>79741081
wtf is going on here? how are you people still failing at the rules after four turns and plenty of time to do research and figure this shit out?
Wtf is that army supposed to do in Smy?
Germany in Sweden, what a fucking mess.
And that french bungle after perfectly priming that position, aiyaiyai.
>>
>>79741081
I'm feeling better about how the other game is going now
>>79741302
If the other game hadn't already proved it, a bunch of /tg/ autists playing diplomacy was never going to look competent or normal
>>
>>79735307
>>79741081

And I'm back.

The fuck. Jesus fucking christ Germany you dodged a bullet there. Russia's down to what? Two supply points now?
>>
>>79741081
Gah, this UI is horrible. So hard to tell what units are doing.

What the fuck is this game?!
>>
>>79741300
two units cannot trade places. It's the Mun -> Ruhr with support. They're equal strength attacks so they both fail.
>>
Remind me, you can't retreat in the direction that the attack that dislodged you came from right?
>>
>>79741300
Assuming you're talking about Tyrolia supporting Munich, it looks like Tyrolia didn't get the correct support order?
>>
>>79741353
Yeah, I know it's asking more of the players for nothing in return, but it would be nice if the text of the orders was posted each time with the map for clarity.
>>
>>79741370
You can't retreat into the space your attacker was just in, any occupied province, or any province where a standoff occured (like norway)
>>
>>79741370
Correct
>>
>>79741359
But they weren't equal strength, my Ruhr unit was being supported from Tyrolia. I thought in this case his order would fail and mine would succeed because the the strength was 2 of mine to 1 of his. I'm not kvetching I can live with the consequences of my own mistakes but I'm not sure what I should have done differently to make sure that attack succeeded. Do you mean to tell me it would fail no matter where I attacked from or with how much support if he guessed the right direction to attack back?
>>
>>79741353
It's a boomer game, son. What is UI?
>>
>>79741390
What was the order supposed to be? It says Ruhr MOVE Munich, Tyrolia SUPPORT Ruhr to Munich
>>
>>79741429
His Army Munich was ordered to Ruhr with support from Holland. Same strength as your attack on Munich. So they bounce. Smart order by Germany.
>>
>>79741454
Shit, I see that now. Thank you.
>>
>>79741429
>Holland SUPPORT Munich to Ruhr
that's the support
You can add a second support from Burgundy to over power (3v2) or convince England to cut the support. Problem is that Germany will probably build in Kiel and att a third support.
>>
>>79741454

This, he was supporting Munich whilst you were supporting Ruhr, so you effectively both bounced.
>>
>>79741467
If England assists France it's 4v3
>>
>>79741411
Oh so Russia doesn't get his retreat into Norway, didn't realise that. Skaggerach it is.
>>
>>79741300
>>79741429
Look at Germany's support orders.
>>
>>79741302
>Wtf is that army supposed to do in Smy?
Protect against the Italians just rushing in with their fleet in the Eastern Med?
>>79741344
>Russia's down to what? Two supply points now?
They'll have Romania, Moscow, St Petersburg. They're down to 3. Worth noting is that the army in Romania has retreated to Serbia by the end of this turn, so the Turks are now down to 5 supply centers (Sevastopol, Ankara, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna and Serbia).
>>
>>79741530

>Turkey can retreat into Serbia.

FML.

Oh well, double build it is then.
>>
>>79741530
That's 6, mate
>>
>>79741467
>>79741469
>>79741527
Acknowledged, thanks. My fuck up.
>>
>>79741573
It's not really a fuckup
>>
>>79741530
>the army in Romania has retreated to Serbia by the end of this turn
no. You can't retreat to the space where the attack that dislodged you came from, that would be retarded. They also don't have Bulgaria, they just lost that. They're down to 4, tied with behind-a-turn England
>>
>>79741592
it kinda is? I get why he did it, because he didn't trust italy, but that did ultimately end up being a mistake. He'd be in Munich and the clear leader of the board right now if he had used Burgundy to support that attack.
>>
>>79741603
Rumania can retreat to Serbia, Bulgaria can't.
>>
>>79741603

No, Bulgaria can't, but Rumania can. They BOTH have borders with Serbia.
It's almost like the Balkans are fucking mess that's sure to start horrendous wars or something.
>>
>>79741633
There was no unit in Burgundy. He moved an army from Paris to Burgundy with support from Marseille.
>>
>>79741668
Read the orders here
>>79741300
you're wrong, doofus
>>
>>79741592
>>79741633
Frankly I think I'd prefer to be in Munich with Italy in Marseilles than what actually happened, but the grass is always greener...
>>
>>79741875
Well shit frank, you shoulda told me! I'd gladly be in Marseilles for you.
>>
observers when a new map appears
>>
>>79741391
Again recommend https://www.backstabbr.com. Nice clear map, easy copy-paste of orders. Shows you what orders you're making after you've clicked them so you can confirm them. Sandbox mode, including sandboxes you can create from an existing game state, so noobs don't fuck it up. I'm not sure how good the press is because I've always used it on gunboat and talked by email, but everything else is top tier.
>>
>>79744375
Although since the second game took a while to pick up players I'm not sure there'll be a third any time soon.
>>
bump
>>
>>79744375
How does backstabbr handle players who don't submit orders? Nice thing about webdip is you can slot in a replacement player.
>>
Retreats were processed.
>>
>>79747562
Did Germany just decided to migrate his entire country east? That’s a chad move, don’t get me wrong, but damn he will receive a check from Russia eventually and France and Britain will just keep ramming his deutche bum.
>>
>>79747655
If you aren't growing you're dying so might as well fuck Russia in the ass.
Also, he clearly intended to get into Kiel, you can see the failed support from the Baltic fleet. So not really sure what's happening there.
>>
>>79747655
Well he won't receive a check from Russia if Russia can't write em. And he is, somehow, busting up Russia pretty good.
>>
>>79741647
That's kind of funny

>>79747562
For game 1, I've run out of data on my phone, so I'll be updating and messaging a whole lot less
>>
>>79750779
>so I'll be updating and messaging a whole lot less

Ruh-roh
>>
>>79746672
You can enable a grace period for missed orders, 24 hours for a daily game. I don't think there's any option for slotting in replacements.
>>
>>79750779
Don't you have wifi where you're phoneposting from?
>>
bump
>>
>>79757450
Home yes, work no - I basically work inside a faraday cage
>>
>>79759404
>I basically work inside a faraday cage
That seems though.
>>
File: lepanto!.jpg (610 KB, 980x2015)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
So I made this a few days ago, but it doesn't look like it's going to be useful this game. So if anyone else wants this for whatever, feel free.
>>
Hey guys, quick question: can allies convoy troops for another power?
>>
>>79763994
Yes. Although it's extremely risky.
>>
File: Fall 1905.png (58 KB, 1300x1000)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Fall 1905: The Absolute State of Russia Edition
>>
>>79765001
Is Austria kill?
>>
>>79765041
Austria is kill
>>
>>79765300
Can he still talk to people?
>>
>>79765380
We can still talk to him, so he probaly can talk back.
>>
>>79765001
What the shit is happening in the North lmao
>>
>>79765001
so we have Austria (Ukraine-Czechia), Germany (Poland), and the UK (of Britain and North Germany)

what the fuck
>>
>>79767192
Well the UK Royal family was (is) German at the time of the game, Saxe-Coburg-und-Gotha with Vicky being from Hanover herself. So that makes sense. Austria has been eliminated. Germany is some sort of Nordic Union, and France is uh..Ibero-Franco-Bavarian socialist republic? Russia is cosplaying as Austria while fighting the Greeks (colorized) and Italians.
>>
>>79767303

Note how France has also claimed the birthright of Mary, Queen of Scots.
>>
>>79767502
True, forgot about that. The Auld Alliance was always a fun one.
>>
Eng 2 here bit busy with rl, unable to make press or diplomail at this time but will try to make up for it when i can (couple days?)

Also the continental peace i worked so hard on seems to be shredding fuck me
>>
>>79767798
Neville Chamberlain pls go and stay go
>>
Turk2, I had no light today and couldn't submit orders.
>>
>>79768362
>no light

U wot
>>
>>79762830
I don't get it.
>>
>>79768421
He meant there was a power blackout where he lives.
>>
>>79768482
>turk2 is an actual roach

Pottery
>>
>>79768824
Nah, American. Something happened and lights and water went out on my street.
>>
>>79768468
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepanto_opening
>>
File: game2-1903Spr.png (183 KB, 900x771)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
Game 2's status. Turkey really suffering from that NMR, and it feels like England might finally want to do something with all those fleets.
>>
>>79769530

Russia you absolute tard. You're gonna lose Rumania now.
>>
>>79769557
I mean, he could've lost it this turn, he just didn't bet on Austrian mercy when as it turns out he could have.

Amused by France being about to snipe Belgium on the retreat though.
>>
>>79769571

I'm Austria and he didn't even ASK for mercy. I didn't really feel like he'd take unsolicited advice from me though, considering how I am also helping Germany into Russia's rear.
That said I see now I've also fucked up so Turkey now has an option of Greece or Rumania.
The advantages of Rumania is that he can convoy it from Black Sea, he can also use it with Black Sea and Armenia to make a triple push on Sevastapol back.
The advantages of Greece is that it'd piss me off for like 12 hours. And then I'd pop it like a zit, just like I did Serbia.
>>
>>79769530
What the fuuuuuuuck

are y'all niggas high
>>
>>79769797

Turkey missed a turn. It honestly kinda works out for him, aside from the Black Sea Fleet not doing anything.
>>
>>79768929

Out of interest Turkey, what WERE you going to do with your Aegean Sea fleet? I think me and my allies spent something like 3 hours last night furiously messaging each other back and forth trying to work that out.
>>
>>79769636
Isnt italy taking greece?
>>
>>79769931
Move into Bulgaria.
>>
>>79771154

Fuck me, that's the one thing I didn't actually plan for.
>>
>>79771214
My series of moves would've been in order, Constantinople to Smyrna (protecting Smyrna), Aegean into Bulgaria (linking up the army in Serbia), Serbia Support Aegean to Bulgaria, Black Sea Support Aegean to Bulgaria, Sevastopol to Romania (disrupting any attacks).

Some dude in this thread claims this will actually help me. I don't see it.
>>
>>79771363

Hmmm, that would have lost me Bulgaria, gained me Serbia, I'd have still taken Aegean, and Russia would have outfoxed you by using Rumania as the attacker so you'd have still lost Sevastapol.
>>
>>79768104
I don't know what you did anon, but the real life shitshow in my life's exponentially increased. (Not seriously blaming you, but if you are a wizard please stop cursing me...) Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've decided to drop out of the game instead of dragging out as a silent player without being able to respond to communications in a timely fashion. Fuck me, this is like that time when I tried QMing in /qst/ and things went tit-up in meatspace.

France, Germany, Italy, SO SORRY! Go get that dang Moscow in my stead. I don't know if this diplomacy game allows for someone else to join in on England2 after I leave, but hopefully that is a feature. I might check in on the thread just to see how ol' England is doing in next weekish, but until then, good luck, and enjoy your game.
>>
>>79769571
I actually proposed to Germany that he destroy the Ruhr army because my having 4 armies to 1 fleet was only really useful for fighting him in the short term. But if England wants to put the Channel in play it's either back to Belgium or just trust him not to push my stuff in.
>>
>>79771601
>>79771591
Never mind my last post I guess. Good luck with whatever is causing you trouble my friend, and I hope to see you in another game in the not too distant future. Godspeed.
>>
>>79771591
Real sorry to hear that mate, I hope things unfuck themselves soon. I believe there's a way to name a successor player, but that's its own can of worms
Hope to find you in a game again soon!

>>79771601
I'll see you in Belgium, mon ami
>>
>>79771591
>France, Germany, Italy, SO SORRY! Go get that dang Moscow in my stead.

Over dead bod... wait. Lemme rephrase that.
>>
>somebody chose to play Eng2's gimped position
Extremely strong vibes coming from that island right now.
>>
Nu-england here, I hope to continue my predecessors precedence of leadership, kindness, and non-interference with banal continental politics. All relevant dignitaries are invited to high tea on the lawn at 2.

>>79772008

Thank you, but I've a lot of work cut out for me, let's be honest.
>>
>>79772129

Who is england even at war with right now? I literally can't work out what is going on over on that side of the map.

...is this how we look in the balkans to you guys as well?
>>
>>79769530
So am I reading this wrong or will France just win this?
>>
>>79772459
France is arguably the leader, but it's nowhere near over or even a particularly significant lead. He caps Belgium, England can probably take it back unless France and Germany sign a peace ASAP, so the best he can expect this winter is 6 centers for one build. Austria's probably hitting 7 this Winter, but is somewhat held back by the fact that he's got other countries mixed in all over the place.
>>
>>79772459
You've either never played or more likely you're one of France's enemies trying to stir shit. France2 is in a good position but it's nothing like, for example, where Russia1 was on the same turn.
>>
>>79771363
>Some dude in this thread claims this will actually help me. I don't see it.
Haha. It could have been worse, but no it's pretty bad.
>>
>>79772459
Austria and Germany have more centers, will have a better fall turn, and have great, trustworthy allies in each other. France shouldn't get Belgium because Germany can use the Mun army to cut support and push them out. France needs England to hold it, which would be silly because England is who it's being taken from in the first place.
France is out of soft targets. Germany can easily hold the line. England has a larger navy. France could kill Italy but it would take time to mobilize and enable Germany or England to surprise attack while France's back was turned. They have nowhere to go. Compare, Austria and Germany, who should keep pushing into the eastern powers and continue growing.
>>
>>79768929
This might not've helped, but playdiplomacy actually works pretty well on cell data/mobile
>>
>>79772842
I've never played and I know that on 4chan making a statement is a better way of getting explanations instead of "lurk more" than asking a question
>>
>>79774815
That's true everywhere.
>So is it true that in Linux you cannot do X?
will famously get you better answers than
>How will I do X on Linux?
>>
>>79774815
Fair enough. No, they're super far from a win. A winning position I'd say looks something like 11+ supply centres and two out of three of a contiguous front, a dedicated ally, and a markedly divided or incompetent opposition. It's hard to win centres when you don't have too many but once you have a lot you can get more very fast if things go your way.
>>
>>79774458
>>79775192
neat! thx
>>
>>79774492
Phone was dead, which didn't help.
>>
File: sad tank 1.jpg (131 KB, 800x533)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
bump
>>
The game 2 shitposting in the thread has been funny stuff. Really makes you appreciate how much the game 1 players were keeping their cards close to their chests
>>
>>79780044
Game 1 is less of a clusterfuck in general. Or a different kind, at any rate.
>>
>>79780044

Lets just say I wouldnt want to be Austro-Hungary in Game 2 right now.
>>
>>79780383

Frankly, I'm amazed I'm still alive this long.
>>
>>79780383
The Balkans are a fucking nightmare, aren't they?
Goddamn, what assholes must live there
>>79780654
We're all surprised you didn't go splat
>>
File: sad tank 2.jpg (106 KB, 820x505)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
bump
>>
>>79783869
Builds are in, but it's hard to update while phoneposting
>>
File: map.png (59 KB, 1300x1000)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>79784344
>>
>>79784542
""""germany""""
>>
Things could be worse. Somehow.
>>
>>79786328
?
>>
>>79786770
Holy shit, Russia builds.

Nu-England getting a lot more stuck in already, not much immediate success, but stopping Germany from taking St. P is probably an advantage for England.
>>
>>79786770

...WHAT THE SHIT.
>>
>>79786770
>>79787399
>>79787384

Quick question, if Turkey is gone and stays gone for the next 10 or so hours what is the default position for a retreating army, is it disband?
>>
>>79787451
Yes
>>
>>79787456

So literally my best plan right now is that Turkey suffers another 12 hour power outage. Great. That said, isn't he looking at 3 disbands anyway?
>>
>>79787480
Yes, assuming he retreats to Bulgaria. If there is another NMR, we're looking at 4 disbands and Ankara as Turkey's last center.
>>
>>79784542
Game2 is more slapstick comedy, but Game1 is now entering the midgame with a kino showdown between the mustache-twirling Tsar and his henchman the Kaiser, and an unusual Western Triple featuring Italy in place of Germany.
>>
>>79787480
This time it wasn't my power, it was my Internet provider apparently not saving the messages! What the fuck are these cicadas doing, man.
>>
>>79789538

You gotta remember to click finalise. In fact, even if you think you don't have anything to do in a phase, you still gotta click finalise.
If nothing else you can cause the turn to finish early and suprise everyone else who thinks they have four hours left before the deadline to overthink their already entered moves.
POWER MOVE TURNS NOW FINISH AT 3 IN THE AFTERNOON GMT. WHAT YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT BITCHES.

...for example.
>>
>>79789538

Austria here. To confirm. I am in no way associated with Verizon.
>>
File: Bloombucks.png (216 KB, 565x470)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>79789595
Sure thing. Say, how many armies did you have to pay to Groomberg in order to sabotage a country, Archduke?
>>
>>79791363

...actually now that I think of it, Verizon DID buy out my email provider in 2017.
>>
>>79786770
Germany WHYYYYYYYYY
Mun -> Bur
Ruhr -> Bel
Neth S (Ruhr -> Bel)
>>
I'm convinced now that Game 2 is an elaborate troll intentionally orchestrated and scripted to frustrate observers
>>
>>79792068
It's odd. This is a Fall turn, right? And I'm correctly interpreting the map as H in Hol and Mun? Hanlon's Razor I guess but if I were playing I'd be suspicious.
>>
>>79792229

Austria here, it's pretty fucking frustrating from the inside as well.
>>
>>79792287
no, this site doesn't draw supports that fail. They might've done something but unless someone posts the text of the orders, we won't know
>>
>>79792320
>this site doesn't draw supports that fail.
Huh. What idiot wrote that? It's one thing to only show the outcome. Displaying some, but not all, of the moves? You're not even saving yourself much appreciable work.
>>
>>79792068
Britain was to be moved into Belgium. They declined and instead moved on Denmark in order to return russia to the north
This was the turn control of England switched. Infer of that what you will

>>79792309
Seriously. A fucking mess. Still a bit of fun, but it's been a struggle against frustration

>>79792320
Isn't it in the actual rules that all moves are revealed each turn? Pretty fucking dumb
>>
>>79794778

You can see them from the Orders drop down menu. It's just not put on the map for some reason.
>>
>>79794798
Thanks! I didn't realize I had to go deeper into Order History

Also can people please, for the love of fuck, hit finalize on their orders?
>>
Turkey again, as these things are wont to happen to me, apparently I can't keep the Black Sea Fleet for some unknown reason?
>>
>>79795691
Based game kicking Turks out of my beautiful oceans.

You've got to delete three, right? Are you killing off another three units?
>>
>>79795691
You should be able to choose what you keep. It's very likely a keyboard-chair interface problem rather than something wrong with the app, keep trying.
>>
>>79796513
>>79796514
Yeah, I was trying to delete three. I managed to get it working after restarting my computer, so I'm not entirely sure what was going on and why it had decided that it wanted to do away with the Black Sea Fleet.
>>
>>79796545
You have the electronic mark of Cain, is all. You already got fucked by the power outage, now is time for humiliation.
>>
File: sad tank 3.jpg (59 KB, 640x478)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Orders coming in one and a half hours.
>>
>>79799786
for which game
>>
>finally decide my orders a few minutes before deadline
>GameMaster: Game was extended due to at least 1 member failing to enter orders and having an excused missed turn available. This has un-readied all orders.
>>
>>79801109
Just hit ready and when everyone is it will go through
>>
>>79800050
The first, but someone forgot to enter orders.
>>
>>79802013
Ugh, fuck that guy
>>
>>79799786
>>79801109
>>79801141
>>79802013
>>79802093
Well now we need a game 3 to keep us going
>>
>>79801109
>>79802013
>>79802093
Sorry all, I was stuck in a plane that sat on the tarmac for a looonnggg time after a lot of delays and didn't get the chance to ready em.
>>
>>79803230
You don't need to ready your orders, you just need to save them. Then the saved orders will be processed when the time is up.
>>
I've always wanted to play diplomacy but never had enough people to play, how do I join?
>>
>>79804832
either start a game and post a link or wait until someone else does the same.
We don't have a lobby waiting to fill right now.
>>
>>79804832
>>79804872
Yeah just start up a lobby and wait for people to join. Personally I prefer webdiplomacy because of how it handles NMRs. Backstabber is probably my number 2.
>>
Please check your messages.
>>
File: 1620454740685.jpg (99 KB, 1024x631)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
bump
>>
>>79805204

Germany2 is that you.
>>
>>79723982
Which other nations have used more effectively
>>
Oh boy, and I've just been invited to another game with my local group of friends. So that's two games on the spin I'm going to be in then.

This will be fine.
>>
File: 8n5gdji399471.jpg (566 KB, 1200x1500)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
>>
>>79808180
Pretty. Where are the Germans?
>>
File: Calm down britain.png (189 KB, 900x771)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>79809837

Holy Shit Britain's gone berzerk.
>>
>>79812059

Wars Wars II: the Empire strikes back
>>
File: 1606159538803.jpg (24 KB, 250x334)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>79812059
>Waiting til everyone is messing about in the east before betraying both Germany and France
Now that is what I call bold

I'm gonna need more liquor for this
>>
File: 1609460512545.jpg (71 KB, 400x322)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>79812059
>Britain betrays both France and Germany
>France is stuck dicking around with Italy
>Germany has free reign in France if they so please
>The entire fucking mess that is the eastern theatre
>>
>>79813657
>>79813698

The one thing I literally never ever want to see happen in any game, under any circumstance as an Austria player has happened.

Somehow, Russia has returned.

And this time his alliance with Turkey is strong.
>>
>>79813738
>turkey
>relevant
Russia's going to have a hell of a time resuscitating the lifeless corpse of turkey at this point..
>>
>>79813786

Even if he had only a single unit in the entire fucking game, as long as it's a Navy in the Black Sea, then he's relevant.
>>
>>79813738
Well, for the time being, you and Italy seem capable of finishing off Turkey
If that happens before Russia gets steam again, Austria stands a well enough chance on its own
Germany has abandoned you however
Unless they gobble up France before Britain?
A lot can happen it seems, Your position is not untenable
>>
Newfag here. Is there enough interest to start a third game? Or would there be once the first game ends?
>>
>>79815270
Probably when the first one ends. It looks like a few countries are facing the music there, though.
>>
>>79812059
What the hell is Turkey doing?
>>
>>79815821

Not going down without a fight, even if he has to be Russia's bitch to do it from the looks of things.
Wait, which Turkey?
>>
>>79815821
Supporting Russia into Romania, and failing in the process.
>>
>>79815839
He's clearly talking about Turkey2, dumbass, the one that he quoted. Given that Turkey2 had two terrible turns due to the Electronic Mark of Cain where he literally did nothing, he's now the bitch in the relationship.
>>
>>79815839
That one. There's no moves!

I'm the other one, aka the Greek Navy
>>
>>79815889
>>79815882

It's worth pointing out game two doesn't show failed support moves on the map. So he was actually supporting Russia in keeping Rumania purple that turn. Making deals with Russia really was his best move at this point, if not his only move.
>>
anyone looking to start a game? 24 hr adjudication
>>
>>79816604
I'd be interested. I think this anon >>79804832
would be interested too.
>>
>>79816604
Count me in too
>>
>>79817458
>>79816965
is there some advantage to playdiplomacy over backstabbr? the latter looks like it has a better UI to me
>>
>>79817551
Not a clue, but unless someone tells you otherwise, I think it'd be fun to have 3 thread games on 3 different sites.
>>
>>79817551
>>79817731
Do any of these sites let you play as a guest, or do they all force you to make an account?
>>
Read your messages.
>>
>>79818440
No, as far as I can tell, they all require an account
>>
File: Spring 1906.png (59 KB, 1300x1000)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
Spring 1906 is finally done
>>
>>79820570
I feel like I need play by play commentary to get full understanding of this map.
>>
>>79821279
There is Russia and his vassal Germany vs the England-France-Italy trio.
>>
>>79816604
I am interested
>>
>>79816965
>>79804832
>>79817458
>>79821730
https://www.backstabbr.com/game/tg/5746081513340928/invite/TVM61H

anyone else who is interested, feel free to join.
>>
>>79822320
also full disclosure this will be my first time playing
>>
>>79822320
Will join when I get the chance. Will be my first game too.
>>
Webdip is down again.
>>
>>79823319
It's working for me.
>>
>>79821279
We are writing aars afaik, there was a lot of interest circa 1903.

>>79822320
God damn these maps are so much clearer than the other sites. I've also been using the sandboxes pretty liberally to setup my moves and needing to painstakingly reinput everything turn after turn to get an accurate map is a bitch. Just loading up a sandbox from the actual map itself would be enough to make me want to switch alone.
>>
The failed supports you can't see were
Bulgaria SUPPORT Serbia to Rumania -> Supported unit has failed
Warsaw SUPPORT Vienna to Galicia -> Support cut by A Moscow - Warsaw

RUSSIA

Sevastopol SUPPORT Ankara to Rumania -> Supported unit has failed
Livonia SUPPORT Moscow to Warsaw -> Supported unit has failed

So a turn of defence, but Turkey is still down a Supply Point and has to choose between Black Sea and his last remaining Army. Austria is in a tough position, but he might be able to tough it out yet. France is about to collapse.
>>
>>79824541
You can load sandboxes directly from the game?
If it does that, has a cleaner UI, and actually shows ALL moves on the map in a not-hideous fashion, I don't see why Backstabbr isn't the defacto choice
>>
>>79826321
Uh, is England high?
Am I high?
What the fuck's going on here?
>>
>>79827923

I think they posted a cap of another game or earlier on in the game by mistake.
>>
>>79826321

Huh.

Lemme try this again.
>>
>>79822320
I'm in. First online game. Playing over days is a neat quirk. I wonder how playing with randoms compares to family.
>>
>>79822320
Holy shit, 6 people this fast?
Game 2 took the better part of a week to start
>>
>>79828558
Oh yeah it's earlier from the game, the history number matches. Thanks!
>>79828938
I think game 2 fluctuated between 5-6 for a longass time, but I wasn't paying attention
>>
>>79822320
>https://www.backstabbr.com/game/tg/5746081513340928/invite/TVM61H
I shouldn't but I joined regardless
The itch was too much
>>
>>79830465
>Game has started
>Got Turkey.

Salam Alaikum
>>
>>79830514
england reporting in
>>
>>79830543
I was hoping for Italy, I got Austria
>>
>>79830550
why would you want italy
>>
>>79830574
have just never played them before and the Lepanto 02 convoy makes me hard
>>
>>79830574

Because it means you aren't Austria.
>>
File: sad tank 4.jpg (38 KB, 639x416)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>
>>79827002
It does all that but there's some question about whether it lets you swap in new players for dropouts without a GM, hope to hear from the game3 crowd on that.
>>
>>79836270
The GM is able to send out invite links for replacement players
>>
>>79836338
After you've frozen yourself out of the game controls, though?
>>
File: yourefunny.png (1.53 MB, 1280x720)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>79725068
>Sir Humphrey Appleby
>>
>>79836426
This is a private game so the GM can still adjust Adjudication time and send Replacement links
>>
>>79836801
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>79830465
This is my third game in a row playing as Italy.

Jupiter forgive me for what I'm going to have to do to get through this.
>>
bump
>>
Is there some kind of map where I can find all legal naval moves?
>>
File: SMS Lothringen Keil canal.jpg (825 KB, 3500x2773)
825 KB
825 KB JPG
>>79840073
They're all mostly obvious - only North Coast->South Coast isn't a thing in St P, Spain and Bulgaria (also you can't convoy through Constantinople)
Where are you looking to go?
>>
I need to know what the fuck is happening in Game2

The chaos is too hilarious
>>
>>79842234
>Where are you looking to go?
Can't really tell you publicly.
>>
>>79830465
First time as Germany
We'll see what might happen

>>79830574
It's safe. It's not the meth addled adrenaline ride that is Austria
(Austria can be great fun, if you like talking with everyone, but damn it's stressful)
>>
>>79842565

Essentially what happened in Game 2 is that England got a new player, he threw ALL of the first players agreements into a big old burning bin, made deals with the two factions who were on their fucking knees at the time and attacked EVERYBODY else he could touch.

I think we're at the point now when alliances are getting stabilised. Russia+Turkey+England Vs Germany+Austria+Italy with France realising that not talking to people in a social game has it's downsides.
>>
>>79844086
It's practically a tradition in the making that France does some weird shit every /tg/ diplo game
>>
>>79844118
I think that is what happens in general to France
Only three factions suffer from being somewhat easily invaded
France, Austria and Germany
Austria and Germany really need each other, otherwise they are dead meat.
France however is way safer than either of them, but isn't a fortress as England, Italy or Turkey
If they ally with someone, France can be struck at relatively easy, but striking back is less easy
This in turn means that for France it will always be difficult to really trust someone, and thus participate in the great alliances.
Ultimately, when shit goes down, that means France is free to do whatever the fuck they feel like
>>
>>79844200
>France
>easy to invade

What is this retard take

France is the second most defensible country after Turkey. Britain's safe-ish until Fall 1901, but they have a huge target of their back and their safety dies the second Germany builds two fleets.
>>
>>79845280

If anything I'd say France is easier to defend than even Turkey since you don't have the Black Sea to worry about.
>>
>>79844200
>>79845280
>>79845291
Le-goddamn-git, France is a cunt of a country
Look at game2: they may be retarded, but France is about to be dicked down by three countries and has been taking it from two.
And France is still here.
Maybe not for long, but it'll take at least another year, probably two, or even three
>>
>>79845291
Turkey should never, ever lose Black Sea.
>>
>>79845753

Yes, but conversely, if Turkey ever DOES then it's game fucking over, and if they're constantly doing arranged bounces with Russia, that kind of means they start with only 2 units effectively.
>>
>>79845767
Nobody ever said Turkey was interesting, just strong.
>>
File: InMyHead.png (218 KB, 641x603)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>
>>79847749
This game 3? So if I've understood all that...

>Massive aggression from a lot of people, France into Italy, Italy into Austria, Austria into Germany AND Italy, and Russia into Turkey.
>England looks like he rolled a dice for his moves
>Russia can't into multiple coast provinces
>half the board give no shits about neutral centers

Off to a fantastic start, then.
>>
New thread: >>79847891
>>
>>79847749

...what the christ kind of a game is this.

>Neither France nor UK contesting the channel.
>Liverpool goes to Clyde a space that literally only exists for supportting unit purposes.
>In Germany, Kiel picks the one move that doesn't net him an SP.
>Both he and Austria decide to attack each other.
>Trieste uncovers to go to Adriatic of all places.
>Italy moves out of Venic and into Tyrolia for some reason
>Marseille makes an agressive move on Piedmont, normally a mistake, but now a masterstroke.
>Brest moves to Picardy, which kind of makes sense if he's going for Belgium
>Paris is heading towards Iberia, this is fine.
>Let's go back to Italy, as he moves his fleet into Apulia, a move that only makes sense if he knew what Austria was doing.

>Austria takes Rumania COMPLETELY UNCHALLENGED
>Has no way of stopping the loss of Bulgaria and Greece to the Turk.
>Turkey moves an army into Syria for no reason.
>Russia can't read and gives an illegal order to his SOUTH St Petersburg fleet to take to the skies and land in Norway.
>Because Russia FAMOUSLY maintained a northern fleet and this was never a longstanding problem for them historically.
>Moscow to Warsaw because Warsaw is moving, makes sense
>Warsaw to Livonia. WHY.
>Sevastapol to Armenia in an aagressive move on Turkey... but not Black Sea.

What the actual fuck. Tell me this isn't a real game. Tell me this is a diagram of the WORST POSSIBLE MOVES EACH FACTION CAN GODDAMN PLAY. Please tell me for the love of christ this is not for real.
>>
>>79847749
>>79847934
lmao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.