[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: asari.jpg (664 KB, 880x1440)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
Why don't we have a Mass Effect TTRPG? They made a Dragon Age TTRPG...
>>
>>79712786
Too... busy... unnff...fapping... to write it...
>>
Because Mass Effect is entry level normie trash that cares more about what characters Shephard wants to stick his dick into than actual decent narratives or gameplay. It's entire moral compass is narrow minded as well.
>>
>>79712856
>Because Mass Effect is entry level normie trash
Isn't that a reason why it should have an rpg? Game of Thrones, Stranger Things and Rick and Morty all have rpgs or dnd supplements.
>>
>>79713030
The GOT rpg is at least a bit interesting how it sets players up in houses, even if the mechanics are fucked.
>>
because anyone who cared about the worldbuilding of Mass Effect left Bioware between ME1 and ME2.
>>
>>79712786
You do. It's just an unofficial 5E kitbash.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (60 KB, 450x584)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>79712786
Most likely it being not an immediate Fantasy IP like DA, Green Ronin already had a system they were working with for it so why not just adapt a popular game into it for a quick buck.

Unless they adapted the Modern AGE setting into a Space AGE or some bullshit, then probably. Not. Bioware has been notoriously close handed with their personal IPs however.
>>
>>79712786
>They made a Dragon Age TTRPG
And it's shit. If they make a Mass Effect one, they're just going to use the same system and refluff the abilities.
>>
>>79712786
Imagine an asari mind melding with you while she gives you a rimjob.
>>
>>79712786
Dragon Age could afford to reskin literally any of the hundreds of fantasy RPGs out there and get still get a working product, because Dragon Age is pretty basic fantasy that doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before already in terms of RPGs.

Scifi RPGs, excluding Star Wars and 40k spinoffs, tend not to do so hot and the way to do a scifi RPG isn't as standardized as DnD clone #24601. In short, it would take *effort* to made a tabletop playable version of Mass Effect, where making a Dragon Age RPG was pretty trivial.
>>
>>79712786
Here's some Genesys Homebrew for your Mass Effect fix.

https://genesys.bigevil.net/index.php?topic=15.msg28#msg28
>>
>>79712786
Same reason there will be no more games; They completely, utterly and irrevocably fucked the setting with 3's ending.

You cannot have a prequel because you know that no matter where in the galaxy your story goes it's all leading to one of three different coloured explosions.
You cannot have a sequel because EA doesn't have the balls to commit to making one canon and they alternate between return to status quo (destroy), galactic power dynamics that are entirely dependent on Shephard's morality and therefore designing such a universe means choosing a canon Shephard morality (control) and one that's just utter fucking nonsense even at face value let alone once you start building on the idea (synthesis).
>>
>>79712786
Honestly i adpted DA roleplay to mass effect.
>>
>>79713577
hot
>>79712786
There should be, then they could flesh out the universe beyond muh reapers. Add those Terminus species that Anderson was talking about in the game 1.
>>
>>79712786
because bioware messed up the entire franchise and killed any potential in spin-offs and /tg/ stuff.
A space combat wargame would be pretty neat for example
>>
>>79717241
From what i can see, legendary edition has saved the franchise
>>
>>79712786
I played some Mass Effect based "RP" in Arma 3.
>>
>>79717333
The legendary edition fucked up more than it fixed, and is barely more than a cheap nostalgia grab that only further highlights how creatively bankrupt Biowere now are.
On top of that, it still has the same 3 retardedly dumb endings that shit the narrative bed so badly it's all but impossible to go anywhere with the franchise, except start from scratch with a different setting like Andromeda, which proved they no longer have any talent left to make games anyone gives a shit about.

TLDR: Legendary wasn't saving Mass Effect, it was it's obituary.
>>
>>79716361
This is retarded. Prequels will depend on whether or not the characters live to get to the main timeline and suchlike.
The Destroy ending could lead to players being the Shepard equivalent for the next cycle.
>>
>>79717754
Based.
>>
>>79713577
Why would I want to taste my own asshole?
>>
>>79717754
>brings the franchise back into the public eye
>restores a lot of faith in the IP
>hurr durr didnt save it
>>
>>79712786
there are multiple fan made ones at least
>>
>>79712786
Because ME3's ending effectively destroyed the setting and made people stop giving a shit about it.
>>
>>79718107
And then Andromeda just nailed the coffin shut.
>>
>>79716361
This.
>>
>>79717754
>>79718215

I feel like I was the only person who liked Andromeda. Yes, from a gameplay perspective the game had a serious bug problem at the start. But the plot and its ideas and where the story was headed were all actually pretty cool, so long as you accepted that this story wasn't about Shepherd/the Reapers and Andromeda wasn't going to give you closure to 3's trash ending because thats not what its fucking job was.
>>
>>79712786
I started trying to make one and I think got the basic combat down, but didnt get much further then that.

Each gun had a different dice and it kind of ran off a mock Warhammer/BFG system where you would take penalties or bonuses based on range, then the target gets to role an armour/barrier/shield save

Wanted it to be very quick and punchy like ME3 multiplayer
>>
>>79716361
What about Andromeda? Diffierent galaxy, we know that's not cucked as it's 600 years after.
>>
>>79718039
WUT? did you play ME3 and Andomeda?
Faith in what? In another EA unfinished and rushed coomsumer product?
>>
>>79718521
I don't think that andromeda is a good game or have a good narrative even if you don't know anything about ME.
>>
>>79718594
I guess I just like the idea of the Kett: a sort of space-roman empire who went hard into the biotechnology and considers all races equal in the empire, because all races can be made into Kett. A process that they clearly think is a reward and not a punishment, given that its referred to as 'exaltation'.

However, said biotech-empire is surrounded by the massively powerful ruins of a more advanced civilization that they can't seem to get working no matter how hard they try, because the Kett and the builders chose such very different options on the tech tree that their sciences have almost nothing in common. The Kett will never have advanced computers and AI thats compatible with the vaults, because the Kett and and vault builders advanced in functionally opposite directions.

And then Humanity shows up, actually on the same tech path as the vault builders, and start turning shit on almost by accident and the Kett have a heart attack.

Also, and this is important: at the end of a game about gaining people's trust and building alliances, during the final battle *the allies you made along the way actually show up to help you*. Little detail that ME3 somehow forgot to include.
>>
File: Ideas display 1.png (243 KB, 2000x2000)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>79718540

I've put the tables I made below to show off the concepts of range and (de)buffs that occur, and the basic ideas for how weapons work.

Attacking would go something like:

1. Weapon training
From the Class section, take the current rank of Weapon Training to use as a base number.

2. Weapon Type Ranges:
Add the number listed if shooting above the provided range. Anything over the effective range causes the de-buff to apply.

3. Cover:
You cannot shoot if you cannot see a target. As a general rule, you may only fire at a target that can also fire at you. However, the target may also be hidden behind an object, providing one of two types of cover:

Full Cover: Cover you can stand behind, and still shoot.
-Etc. Walls, Computer bank, Pillars
= +2 to hit

Half Cover: Cover that must be crouched or lain behind, and still shoot.
-Etc. Flower bed, kiosk, Benches
= +1 to hit

No cover provides no benefit, or drawback.

4. Proficiency
A passive bonus that represents the characters steady hand and in-the-field experience that is eventually gained and then increases with the Character Level.

5. Roll the dice
Finally, Roll the appropriate dice for the weapon, usually a d8, unless stated otherwise.
1 is always a miss
8 (or the highest number on the dice) is a critical hit, doubling the damage

Whether or not you hit the target is determined by the base "toughness" of the enemy (1-8). This can be modified by their shields/barriers, which can absorb hits.
Armour is the final layer, from Light to Super Heavy and (like warhammer) you can roll to ignore the damage.
Something like Light only works on a 7 up, where as Super Heavy is a 4 up.

Damage is then calculated using the dice specified for that particular weapon.
>>
File: Ideas display 2.png (132 KB, 2000x2000)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>79718862
Levelling up and classes would work alot like one
The rough ideas behind the soldier's class can be seen below
>>
>>79712786
>Why don't we have a Mass Effect TTRPG?
SF as a Gendra is hards to adapt, even more for a specific setting, when there are giant galactic empire whose fate rest on the player , its easy to script it into a video-game narrative but complex if not controversial when it has to be dynamivly implemented on tabletop
The further a product is disconnected from the TTrpg tradition the harder it is to implement in that medium (in term of mechanics) , outside of the arguable 'your choice matter' From what i heard of it mass effect is not really an rpg in the first place , in most instalments choice dont matter that much as Paragon and renegade are close but with a different attitudes, there are elment that seem adapteable : ship exploration, crew interaction, gunplay. But making those is akin to making a system from scrach (as you cant just copy from a DnD/D20 clones). Even if the hard work was done people would probably hate it because ' its not like the game'.

>>79712856
> Stranger Things and Rick and Morty all have rpgs or dnd supplements.
making a supplément work as it has the fun and lightness to not have to carry a whole system , so it work as a 'not serious fun thing'

TLDR : too much work , people would probably hate it anyway
>>
>>79712786
Theres a shitty d6 version but thats about it
>>
Why would you want anything mass effect related when they fired it's writer after the first 2 games.

Like they're not magically gonna make as good a story as him. Right now asking for this is the equivalent of begging your corpo-daddy to shit in your mouth.
>>
>>79718521
>>79718861

>Yes, from a gameplay perspective the game had a serious bug problem at the start.

Nigga, the gameplay was the only decent thing about Andromeda. I was three hours into the game when I thought "This is Stargate Atlantis, but boring." The next six hours did fuck all to change that, while reminding me that Joss Whedon ruined an entire fucking generation of writers by making endless amounts of characters vaguely aware they're in a movie/video game/tv show, so they snark their way through scenes without taking the physical danger they're in seriously. Then they proceeded to make every alien we used to like in Mass Effect charmless and annoying and it's a fucking shame Vetra is best girl caught in worst game.

Anyway, there's plenty of fanmade Mass Effect RPGs. Anything based of WEG's d6 Star Wars system would be ideal for Mass Effect, really.
>>
>>79717971
A rare opportunity.
>>
>>79718039
It 'saved' the franchise in that now when people look back on it they'll be more likely to remember the two good games than the two massive disappointments that followed them. It probably didn't save the franchise as a living things though - it's hard to imagine it getting another game at this point.
>>
>>79716361
>>79717754
the only real way to save the setting is to retcon 3 out of existence and treat arrival as the "real" ending to the story. shepard stops the reaper invasion before it starts and any reapers that weren't blown up with the alpha relay are either stuck in dark space or trapped in hyperspace with no way out.

meanwhile shepard & the crew live out the rest of their days as space outlaws or he gets away with galatic genocide because "lol spectre"

>>79717807
>The Destroy ending could lead to players being the Shepard equivalent for the next cycle.
there is no more cycle after "destroy". the reapers are gone along with all of synthetic life in the galaxy.

>>79717333
unless it completely rewrites ME3 from the ground up then it didn't really save anything.

people like to point out the ending as the only bad part about 3's story but it was really just the cherry on top of a shit sundae.
>>
>>79719341
>Then they proceeded to make every alien we used to like in Mass Effect charmless and annoying
tbf ME3 did a pretty good job at making me hate most of the aliens that mattered...

>turians & salarians introduced a sterility plague to the krogans and strapped a nuke to their homeworld in case they were able to cure it.
>quarrians got less sympathetic each game and basically deserved it by ME3. also tali stole the normandy's schematics for her pilgrimage.
>asari are tech hoarding sluts who almost doomed the galaxy with their holier than thou hypocrisy.
>>
>>79718861
The Kett are just bio-reapers
>>
>>79719610
Just do yoga
>>
>>79719966
Sure, aside from the fact that they don't operate in cycles, are not giant robot ships, are not concerned with a war between organics and machines, do not foster races to flourish into civilizations to be harvested, or perform the harvesting of civilizations. Aside from all of the things that define the Reaper plans, methods, motivations and powers the Kett are just like them.
>>
>>79718521
>I feel like I was the only person who liked Andromeda.
Yes you are.
>>
>>79720063
It's a big scary threat that turns all life into more of them. Its just on a micro scale rather than macro.
>>
>>79720118
"Man, zombies are just a lame ripoff of the Reapers. Literally identical."
>>
>>79720239
>oh no Commander, fight through this army of biotech horrors to stop this big bad guy from turning all of us into them!
>oh no Pathfinder, fight through this army of biotech horrors to stop this big bad guy from turning all of us into them!
>>
>>79712786

Because it's a shallow weaker version of better space settings.

I'd rather play a Babylon 5 RPG, is there one?
>>
>>79718521
You are the only person that I've ever seen who liked Andromeda.
>>
>>79720327
It was lame from a gameplay perspective, but it was a game I wanted to see get a sequel and the chance to be better. People tend to forget that Mass Effect 1's gameplay was DOGSHIT, to the point that I have never had any desire to replay it. Andromeda, for all its flaws, was still better gameplay than ME1 by a longshot.
>>
>>79720400
>It was lame from a gameplay perspective
And the gameplay was the game's high point
>>
File: u-fuckin-wot-m8.jpg (71 KB, 476x356)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>79720400
>Mass Effect 1's gameplay was DOGSHIT
>>
ME2 stalled the franchise but had lots of good character moments (bar some), ME3 killed it.
>>
>>79719285
Nah, there's a decent genesys hack that got posted upthread.
>>
>>79720579
Someone doesn't remember the menus upon menus to the point that vendors were basically unusable. It was easier to just reduce junk built up in your inventory into gel than it was to try and sell it for cash.
>>
>>79720400
Nobody plays ME for the gameplay, andromeda have an ok gameplay but was just a try to make ME1 again without the creativity, care or passion.
Just a shitty try that have zero personality or point. Also it was unfinished and un polished as fuck and the animations were awful.
Sorry, you have bad taste, and I feel like you are the only one trying to say that this game was good. If you never meet anyone in your life that said that they liked the game, maybe you are the one wrong. think about it.
>>
>>79720596
There were some moments of greatness shining through in ME3, mostly it was the ending that was the black hole of suck and fail that tainted the whole thing.

ME2 had the moment where you could hear the screaching as the train changed direction with the dying star and the dark matter.
>>
>>79719311
Right, so we can't have a game set in the universe of the first game or thereabouts?

By your logic, we should all abandon Star Wars because the Prequals were crap and then they sold the licence to Disney who really screwed things up, thus now making the whole universe null and void.
>>
>>79720644
I didn't mind the menus. When you typically take Wrex and Ash with you to have Team Immunity Super Friends min-maxing equipment is kind of not an issue.
>>
>>79720327
I thought it was great.

I did play it a year or two out from release when the bugs were mostly sorted though, tbf.

It's gameplay was the best the series has ever had. Story was fine, people are just whiny children so they killed the ME series for not being perfect.
>>
>>79720283
Yes, by Mongoose publishing.
>>
>>79720709
Ah yes, the Fandom Menace. When a thing fails it's always good to blame the fans.
>>
>>79720748
Nah, not when anything fails.

EAs followup with anthem, for example, failed in spite of a massive fan push for more content because EA was just too lazy to support their own game as service product.

But ME fans absolutely did throw a shitfit over ME:A that was entirely outsized compared to its problems that were eventually largely fixed. They didn't want anything other than ME4 starring Shepherd.
>>
>>79720327
I've actually not too long ago finished it. I heard all the hype and how crap it was, picked it up cheap and actually enjoyed it. The only real annoyance was that some of the missions were so far from the beacons that it got a bit tedious to drive there, but overal, I liked it. Used the Black Widow sniper rifle with the augment that gave infinite ammo but a magazine of 2 as my main assault rifle. Awesome. If you need more than two shots for most enemies, you're need more training... ;-)
>>
>>79720709
>>79720793
Man, cut of the shilling.
>>
>>79712786
Because Mass Effect has absolutely no appeal beyond the specific characters. Basically this >>79712856
>>
>>79720793
The game barely worked on release, dude.
>>
>>79720579
It was fucking terrible. A mechanically boring RPG strapped to one of the least enjoyable, most sluggish third person shooters of its era, with some spectacularly shitty driving mechanics on the side, and egregious copy pasting of level design.
Thank god for the story and characters or that franchise would have died in the cradle.
>>
>>79720725

Cool thanks, I may have to find a copy.
>>
>>79720954
The sharethread has it, ask there if you don't mind a digital copy.
>>
>>79720895
>with some spectacularly shitty driving mechanics
Hey Maco was FUN
>>
>>79720895
I fucking loved the driving. It was like a cross between a bouncy castle and tank.
>>
>>79721028
>>79721032
I actually liked the driving as well, but I'm not going to give them much credit for accidentally making driving mechanics so bad they loop around into fun.
>>
>>79720873
I didn't play it on release. It was great after bug fixes.

>>79720810
Eat shit. You can't shill for a product nobody is interested in selling, and you certain don't shill for a company by saying they kill their products through laziness.

Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't make me a shill, snowflake.
>>
>>79721107
>Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't make me a shill, snowflake.
But it literally does
>>
>>79721122
Lol you're going to die alone
>>
File: donnie darko.jpg (151 KB, 1280x624)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>79721172
>>
>>79721107
>It was great after bug fixes.

If I turned in an essay months late it still gets a fail no matter the quality of the final product. If they wanted it to be remembered as not shit they should have made something not shit.
>>
>>79718862
Why would a shooter in cover be given a bonus to hit? One of the fundamental aspects of guns in ME is that they autocorrect themselves. Yeah it's not full on autoaim but how they described it is that no matter the situation it will feel like firing in a shooting range. Why can't you fire at a target you can't see? Cover penetration has always been an aspect of the game play and you can fire abilities around total cover starting in 2. Your stuff would be fine in a traditional shooter but you're ignoring the few things slightly unique about the games.
>>
File: tc55rhza4op01.jpg (202 KB, 2518x1024)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>79721028
>>
>>79721264
People claim that the Witcher 3 is a great game, often calling it one of the best fantasy RPGs of all time once you add in the DLCs, but that game was basically unplayable at launch.

Your logic is infantile, the result of being so invested in the meme of hating a game that you go out of your way to make sure you get to keep hating it. I bet you never even played it, you just got on board the meme machine back when people were sperging about it years ago.
>>
>>79721107
And I suppose it's the customers' fault the game was bugged on release, then?
>>
>>79721364
People also loved TW3 on release, regardless of your personal opinions on it. I think TLOU2 is unmitigated shit but people coom over that game too.
>>
>>79721318
Probably should have been clearer, the + is a debuff, you need beat a set score, so an opponent being in cover makes them harder to hit

As for why you can't shoot at something you cant see, the penetration is included in full cover. You can shoot through a bank of computers, or a plant bed, but obviously that has it limits, you can't shoot through tough material, and it would be up to the GM to dictate what you can and cant shoot through.

Also its a balance thing too. Cant have it so you can always hit the opponent without taking placement (other then range) into consideration.
>>
File: Vetra_charshot.png (4.18 MB, 1750x2160)
4.18 MB
4.18 MB PNG
>>79718521
She was the only good thing in Andromeda
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 194x260)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>79721707
Excuse me
>>
>>79721707
>>79721829

I generally like the whole cast in Andromeda. Or, to put it another way, there was not a single crewmember that I really disliked. Some were better than others, obviously, but i got along good with all of them.

In the previous Mass Effect games, there was always at least one crew member per game that I just could not give less of a shit about. People that I was forced to babysit in my party until someone cooler showed up, or the ME2 problem of "Thane, Samara, I'm sure you're great and all but you showed up like 5 minutes before the end of the game so can you just like wait in the corner or something while me and the rest of the Main Characters do the plot? Thanks."
>>
>>79721871
I liked most of the crew, but I didn't like the Asariboo.

The rescue specialist guy, the archaeologist, the smuggler, and Drack were all cool though, and the Angara guy was a neat also.
>>
>>79721941
Cora was fine to me. She was cold to Ryder, but that was understandable because as far as she is concerned you bucked the line by being made Pathfinder. She was second in command, if the Pathfinder died she was the one trained to actually do your job. So as far as she is concerned, it remains to be seen whether you are worth a shit or just daddy's little boy/girl floated to the top by nepotism. Once you prove yourself on a couple of planets she gets way less hostile.

Also, I found it funny that while she knew a bunch about the Asari because she worked alongside them for years, one of the first dialogs you have with her on the subject has her outburst that she isn't a lesbian and she's sick of people assuming that she is one just because the Asari are all space sluts who will sleep with anything.
>>
>>79712786
Honestly don't know. They had made a Dragon Age RPG, but not an ME one. Kinda lost as to why.
>>
>>79717754
>>79712856
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
>>
>>79712786
>Genetically engineered to be able to mate with any species
>A majority of them spends their maiden years as strippers
>Can only make Asari
>Don’t have a male gender
>Their ships instead of following the rest of the galaxy in making big fuck off guns have big holes and curves
>Decent at small squad based battles but suck at large scale war, so much they had to uplift a species to fight for them and then had to uplift ANOTHER one to fight the first one
The prothean were giga chads when they were making the Asari into the perfect slave race. Gotta admit I pretty much do the same every time I play modded stellaris on some poor humanoid race as soon as I research gene modding.
>>
>>79722330
I think everyone does that. It's fun
>>
>>79712786
Not enough money in officially publishing ERP
>>
>>79712786
The guy who made Stars Without Number put out some rules for a Mass Effect conversion for SWN 1e a few years ago in a forum post. The only thing I remember about it was that instead of ammo you'd roll a d20 for each consecutive shot from your gun. On the first consecutive shot, only a natural 1 would cause a misfire/overheat. Next shot, a 2 or under. Next shot, a 3 or under, etc. It was neat. Might have been a pain in the ass at the table though.
>>
File: 1590269259185.jpg (141 KB, 1531x1619)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>79712786
Do your Asari have mating tubes, /tg/?
>>
>>79722290
EA
>>
>>79720689
>By your logic, we should all abandon Star Wars
yes
>>
>>79720689
>he hasn't abandoned Star Wars
>>
>>79719341

you mean the gender pronoun asari conversation didn't win it over for you, Xir?
>>
>>79720895
>person who didn't like me1 like me andromeda
that just make it more obvious how terrible andromeda truly is
>>
>>79722800
I've never played Andromeda. Why would I want to play a broken piece shit from nu-bioware after they already ruined the setting?
>>
File: asari_by_arr0y_d36v7vd.jpg (477 KB, 1000x792)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>long lived
>attractive
>ancient civilization
>perhaps unwarranted sense of superiority
>incredibly slutty
>made to be cherished family heirlooms

asari are a great take on space elves
>>
>>79719725
>the reapers are gone along with all of synthetic life in the galaxy
I might be misremembering, but I have a distinct feeling that after the Destroy ending Legion is one of the party members who walks out of the Normandy, which would seem to say that synthetics weren’t all destroyed.

To be honest though, I will be forever salty at not being able to say fuck off to the creepy AI child and still be able to win if I had those dumb war points high enough.
>>
>>79722778
Oh I have, but I still the middle and original trilogy so happy to play games set in that era. I would be happy to game in the era of ME1 too.
>>
>>79721707
Honestly she's the only thing that's tempting me to give the game a chance. I know nothing about her, which is probably a good thing.

Also, does anyone know how those fuckin Turian mandibles work? Are they hard bone or cartilage? Are they just sort of dangling there or are they actually integrated in to the head/skull?
>>
>>79722330
How lewd can you make Stelarris?
>>
>>79712856
>cares more about what characters Shephard wants to stick his dick
Which is a shame, because ME1 was interesting.
>>
>>79723388
>asari are a great take on space elves
Asari are idiots individually though. Every asari you meet acts like a stupid 20-something white girl fresh out of college.
Like why would such a long lived species decided to be strippers or become mercs because they thought it "sounded fun" only to get shot.
>>
>>79726260
They are more a gag species. 'The race of the blue skinned alien babes'
>>
>>79712786
I'd probably use Diaspora
>>
>>79718039
A re-release "saves" an IP?
You need your head checked.
>>
>>79720579
nah, he's right, this anon nails it >>79720895
mass effect 1's gameplay was a mess

>>79721028
it was goofy fun, but that thing drove like a superball with a tiller.
>>
>>79726260
Witcher elves have the same thing, their blood burns hotter when they're young which is contributing to them dying off.

It's not an uncommon trope that they'd be wild and exploring in their youthful stage.
>>
>>79725921
With mods? Extremely. You need Lustful Void mod.
>>
>>79726842
Tell me more
>>
File: Tau_3e84ba_6883526.jpg (176 KB, 1200x1635)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>79726857
Prostitution laws, big-tiddy milky cow-girl populations to be used for milk or breeding, genetic modifications like nobodies bussiness for dairy production or sexual enhancment (or both), creating all-male and all-female species to get synergy bonuses as well as sadist/masochist and dominant/submissive bomuses, sex-bots, leader traits, lewd events, planetary descisions to turn any planet into a global orgy, civics that make a culture of absolute sex, whorish advisor voice and probably a shit load more. There's probably more if you want to play as hive-mind or robots or whatever but that's never appealed to me.
>>
>>79712786
Bioware has a Blades in the Dark conversion they use in-house. The live play they did last year with both Shepard actors was pretty good I thought,
>>
File: omni-blade-krogan.jpg (46 KB, 740x416)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>79727227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HWnogNAR0
>>
>>79722782
It sure as fuck didn't help. But honestly, that's low on the list of dumb shit I remember from that game. The conversation/quest line where your gay engineer is FUCKING SHOCKED that colonizing a new galaxy involves a certain amount of making babies was way dumber. Then, the way the codex entries on the space fungus whateverthefuck used the term "dark matter" to mean "creepy shit" instead of anything close to the normal definition of the term that was used in the original goddamn game told me that whoever wrote the setting and story was a hack with no redeeming qualities.

>>79719954
If any of that shit was a surprise in ME3, you didn't read the codex. Also, I really don't get why anyone would get upset over that ship Tali helped make. She didn't have to steal a goddamn thing, she's a smart enough girl to know how a ship works after serving on it for a couple years, so telling a group of equally smart people how to build one isn't that mysterious. Besides, this is the same game where the turians put out plans for 3D printing explosive sniper rifles and just broadcast them everywhere. No one's holding back in ME3 because it's the fucking apocalypse.
>>
>>79726842
I don't see it on the Steam workshop.
>>
>>79726526
It was silly how broken biotics were in ME 1 and how dogshit weapons were.

Lift would just instakill minibosses, meanwhile on harder difficulties random chaff enemies would just pop immunity and be almost totally impervious to bullets.
>>
>>79725952
It wasn't that great, in retrospect. I think people liked it mostly because it had a really good finale.
>>
>>79729634
>wasn't that great, in retrospect
Nothing is.
>>
>>79729634
Nah, it was a rough hewn gem. People complain about MENUS MENUS MENUS but I loved being able to turn my shotgun into a machine gun or my assault rifle into a fully automatic missile launcher and the other absolutely absurd combos you could make. The combat in general was super janky but also really fun once you broke it over your knee (though ME3 probably has the most competentcombat in the series). I also genuinely enjoyed the idea of the uncharted worlds even if over half of them were garbage and of the decent half 90% were copypasta encounters. Little things like finding the protein beacon that let's you see into the mind of an ancient caveman that got cattle tagged by protheans, the botched Mexican standoff, and other little unexplained weirdness shows that with a little more polish the UW system absolutely could've nailed that Star Trek planet of the week vibe they were going for with the system. Which is much more than can be said of planet scanning or playing hide and seek with the Reapers. I also genuinely enjoyed more plot based sidequests like stamping out Cerberus, confronting your past, fighting off a random non-Sovereign affiliated geth incursion, and doing some character stuff for your teammates. ME2 sucked all the fun out of that shit by making it mandatory and ME3 was just plain rushed as fuck on all fronts.
>>
>>79712786
>Anon doesn't know
>>
File: 1328670_20210515184154_1.png (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>79712786
>>
File: 1619741619189.jpg (152 KB, 867x1024)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>79718521
>But the plot and its ideas and where the story was headed were all actually pretty cool, so long as you accepted that this story wasn't about Shepherd/the Reapers

Listen here my Negroid friend, the Story for Andromeda was almost beat for beat copied from ME 1+2. It IS the cheap dollar store copy of the Shepherd/Reaper story. Just with worse writing, Worse character (crappy expies mostly) and worse voice acting with an even worse conversation system. There was not a single spark of original ideas in that game. The Krogan was a cheap copy of wrex, the Turian was basically genderbent garrus, the whole arc of an evil species turning other races into their soldiers is taken straight from the collectors and husks, even the "bossfights" against the metal worms during exploration is basically just ME1s thrasher maws. and i could go on...
>>
>>79728251
https://www.loverslab.com
>>
>>79720400
>People tend to forget that Mass Effect 1's gameplay was DOGSHIT

Counterpoint: it is the only game in the series that allows you to mod your sniper rifle into a nuke cannon that clears entire rooms with 2 shots thanks to AoE damage.
>>
>>79712786
Right, so it seems that I have been collecting Mass Effect games that people have created over time. There include

Dawn and Shadows (D&D3.5 variant)
Mass Effect d6
Mass Effect d20
Mass Effect Fate
Mass Effect Genesys
Mass Effect Savage Worlds
Mass Effect World (Based on Dungeon World)
>>
>>79727103
What a time to be alive
>>
>>79731298

We're alike, you and I
>>
>>79720579
It was not as smooth as in 2.
>>
>>79733874
Are those just ones recommended? Could you give a recommendation on which one gives the best experience?

I remember a nwod one too vaguely
>>
>>79712856
A rare based opinion, on /tg/? Am I dreaming?
>>
File: jadeempirefight.jpg (412 KB, 1440x1080)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
The real question is why there isn't a Jade Empire TTRPG
>>
>>79738939
Because aside from you, literally no one cares about this game anymore.
>>
>>79738939
Because muh cultural appropration

Also it didnt sell well enough.
>>
File: charlottecrying.gif (877 KB, 320x228)
877 KB
877 KB GIF
>>79738977
>>
>>79733874
There's also a Cypher System hack https://docs.google.com/document/d/1biDbSDDahRjSf8oPeLABByN-HsR6vqnlsLjaSbK-F3s/edit?usp=drivesdk
>>
>>79733537
Please do go on.

Expies of what?
And the femtur was nothing like Garrus except for sharing the species. Same deal with the krogan.
Conversion of the bunnies had nothing in common with what collectors (which was a lame idea in itself) were doing and the worms were completely different from thresher maws aside from being vaguely cylindrical and subterranean.
>>
>>79738939
Jade Empire had no real unique properties that made the setting stand out. Any Chinese fantasy TTRPG will fill that role.
>>
>>79721357
Hammerhead was still fun.
>>79722330
They don't suck at large scale that much, just not as militarized than turians.
>>79722668
No.
https://masseffect.livejournal.com/1505776.html
Here is proofs.
>>79723388
>slutty
Exaggerated.
>>79726260
Also kind of exaggerated. You see a lot of strippers and mercs in the game (but also just randos too) but imagine asari homeworlds where they have to run other jobs to maintain the industries and so on.
>>
>>79738847
Can't I'm afraid, those are just ones that I have collected over the years. Personally I'm a fan of the d6 system though and not on anything d20 based, but that's just me. I have heard good things about the Genesys hack though.
>>
>>79739371
Thanks, I'll grab that too!
>>
>>79717241
They should try again. Andromeda wasn't even that bad. It was fun, even if the story and writing were shit. The execution of every facet of the game was completely amateur, which I found endearing, considering it was made by a bunch of untrained interns. It was ridiculous that a triple A studio gave this job to a bunch of fucking teenagers and then punished them for doing a bad job.
>>
>>79740589
Link to d6?
>>
>>79712786
Cause the setting is kind of shit.
>>
>>79742239
volafile <dot> org /r/mqaec2h4
>>
>>79740444
>Exaggerated
>Most of them are strippers
>All wear whore outfits
>>
>>79712786
I'm not gonna lie, I am only familiar with Liara through Futa porn.
>>
File: 1590679671328.jpg (249 KB, 850x1275)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>79746717
based
>>
File: 1360791504549.jpg (156 KB, 500x953)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>79712786
tg did a mock up a while back for a Eclipse Phase-Mass Effect crossover, wherein the Battarians never left council hegemony due to humans being quarantined on account of all the AI shenangians.
>>
File: 1360791191090.png (538 KB, 1200x2806)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360791249781.png (459 KB, 1199x2272)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360791305509.png (706 KB, 1200x3964)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360791348945.png (205 KB, 1200x1288)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360791739079.png (284 KB, 894x814)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>
For once, we French did it first:
Mass Effect Nouvelle Ere (New Era)

http://www.masseffectnouvelleere.net/PDF/LivresDeBase/LivreDeRegles.pdf
>>
File: 1360792867983.png (430 KB, 894x814)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>
And here is the lore book with spoilers for potential campaigns

http://www.masseffectnouvelleere.net/PDF/LivresDeBase/Univers.pdf
>>
File: 1360792924391.png (558 KB, 894x814)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360792968666.png (563 KB, 894x814)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>
File: 1360793023203.png (349 KB, 894x814)
349 KB
349 KB PNG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.