[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Desert Architect.jpg (265 KB, 850x1224)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
Talk to me about your ancient egypt settings.
>>
>>79686529
nah
>>
Brown-skinned, sleek, arrogant catboys.
>>
>>79686529
Post "lewd art thread" and spam it with similar pics. Such a poor premise is no justification for it and doesn't make it /tg/ relevant.
Be honest.
>>
>>79686565
You disgust me sir.

Go on.
>>
File: Resting Mummy.jpg (109 KB, 456x810)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>79686568
I like ancient egyptian obelisks and brown catgirls.

I can stimulate my brain and my dick at the same time anon.
>>
>>79686594
I assume there's some message here, but I fail to decipher it.
>>
File: Desert Temples.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>79686627
If you want some actual discussion- how about this- how would you structure the backstory of an ancient-egypt setting? A big part of it is that Egypt has always been stupidly old- Cleopatra was born closer to the invention of the internet than the building of the pyramids.

I was thinking of having a mythic era of direct rule by the gods, a predynastic period where humans venerate the gods (the split between the two being the creation of death and the afterlife) and then the start of Pharaonic rule.
>>
>>79686678
> If you want some actual discussion
I do, but I'm a bit picky about my discussants. When I spot dishonesty or similar cheap tricks, I won't risk time, energy and effort into such a discussion.
>>
>>79686763
Why would someone try to trick you into actual worldbuilding discussion?
>>
>>79686529
It's my go-to aesthetic for elven civilisations personally
>>
>>79686903
That seems an odd one. They usually get more of an acadian greek vibe.
>>
>>79686948
Different guy, but drow with pyramid's and mummies works really well imo
>>
>>79686529
>nonsensical question
>lust inducing image
>>
>>79686970
That does make sense.
>>
>>79686529
"Egypt" is just one of the pyramid building kingdoms (wizards in the setting don't build towers, they build pyramids and pyramids aren't tombs, they're energy focusing weapons of mass destruction that are also deadly dungeons or comfy living spaces - depending on who you side with). The other kingdoms are "mesoamerican" and "east asian". The kingdoms constantly wage wars against each other, but because of their pyramids they do it through proxy nations. Major egyptian black ops focus on radicalisation of druids/nature priest in mesoamerica and pushing for female supremacy in norther regions of sinojapan by forming ice witches corps.
>>
File: Egyptian Dwarf.jpg (70 KB, 480x640)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>79686529
>>
Fuck nomarchs
>>
>>79687765
This. But fuck them to procreate.
>>
>>79687718
Wasn't the egyptian priesthood an entirely male-dominant proffession?
>>
File: 1612908656644.jpg (109 KB, 837x606)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
What's a good racial mix for a New Kingdom based Egyptian setting?

I'm thinking something like 20% black(Nubian/Kushite), 15% white(Assyrian, Hyksos, Greek/Sea People), and 65% shades of brown.
>>
>>79687883
Yes, which is why for religious Rites the female Pharoahs had to wear fake beards and strapons to play the male roles in those rites
>>
>>79687990
65-80% Levantine, with the rest being a garbled mix between the Meds, Nubians, Ethiopians, and Sumerians, and maybe the one odd Anatolian
>>
File: 1614923584971.png (1.57 MB, 1321x742)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>no mention of semen
Amateurs
>>
>>79687990
I wouldn't really consider the Assyrians 'white'. I think also it's much better to not think of the mix in modern term racial groups (as race is a social construct that changes definitions as people seek to exclude new groups of other people) but in terms of ethnic groups- in this case Hemitic groups like the Egyptians and Libyans, African groups like the Nubians, hellenics like Greeks and Macedons, and Semites like the Judeans and Phoenecians.
>>
What was once a vast jungle with a civilization of humans became a barren desert pocked with pyramid ruins and petrified trees. The peoples original gods cursed the land and the people after they stopped worshipping them in favor of evil snake deities. The people were turned into snake men (the yuan-ti) and only one of their cities was kept safe from holy retribution, as the yuan-ti hid it within a mirage. The survivors, who had not forsaken their gods, were lost and scattered, forgetting their culture and history. They found those (mesoamerican) pyramids among the dunes, and incorporated them into their new culture as temples to their gods and tombs for their divine rulers. As they built more of these structures, the aur river began flowing with the might it once had, and brought fertility back to those lands around the pyramids. The new civilization became the greatest desert civilization, and their capital city became a major spot along the trade route between the eastern and western continents
>>
>>79688617
I was thinking instead that the lands were bountiful plains ruled over justly by the gods.

However a great dragon-serpent appeared, and in a mighty battle it's blood salted the earth and it's venom poisoned the crops, with the serpent killing the head god- making him the first death of the world. The aftermath of all this is the world turning to barren desert and salt-seas, and the gods mummifying the head god and turning him into the god of the dead. The blood of the serpent-dragon also turns into oil.

The last bastion of life falling on the banks of a holy river.
>>
>>79688697
Too gay for my setting, but pretty neat for a whole world. My egypt is a major civilization but not the entire world. It also wouldnt fit with my setting because humans are relatively new to the world, having only appeared in the last couple dozen thousand years, where before it was pretty much just dwarves and giants. My humans are hyperboreans from the interior world who fled from a failed infinite energy source steadily corrupting the world
>>
>>79688806
When I say world, I mean 'the world as far as the ancient egyptian society is concerned' but the idea does require the human civilization stretching back thousands of years.
>>
>>79686529
Modern cities are giant boat cities as it rests over top a massive Sand Sea in what is basically a huge bowl.

Deep below the sand sea is actually a massive dome made of spider web that keeps the sand at bay. The ancient egyptians were Drow who worshipped an ancient spider god (not lolth) and are undead with their own caste system in their semi-physical after life.

They have cults who go between the surface world and the city to gather slaves and sacrifices for them.
>>
>>79688975
>Sand Sea
I fucking love sandseas
>>
>>79688197
More like sseeth
>>
>>79686529
The succession of kings is done by ritualistic wrestle sex that ends with the winner cumming on a cabbage and force feeding it to the loser. And then the ruler's dick is cut off and the semen is extracted from the loser's stomach and used to impregnate the queen. If the acidified cabbage-cum is not strong enough to impregnate the queen then too bad, succession continues with the cum wrestling.
>>
>>79688267
>race is a social construct
Nope
>>
>>79689552
Answer this: are Italians white? Are slavs? What about Irishmen?
>>
File: Bastet.jpg (90 KB, 722x948)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>79686565
Catgirls. Bastet the cat goddess is the goddess of hearth and home, of fertility and pleasure, among other things.
>>
>>79690176
There's not such thing as white, only varying degrees of mutt.
>>
>>79689240
More like new video never.
>>
>>79686529
Fuck ancient egypt, classical egypt, that way you have lots of lots tombs, lost temples and dead forgotten gods and cults to fuck with.
>>
File: 1611621994815.jpg (587 KB, 1920x2880)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
In Genesys, Age of Myth is a setting type that is essentially pre-Tolkien fantasy: epics about gods and heroes and monsters and fate, the sorts of things ancient poems are written about, exploring the mythology of that civilization. Age of Myth games are based on our real-world mythologies, and depending on what mythology(s) you pick can determine the themes and types of adventures you might go on. With regards to Egypt, one of the things they describe is the idea of myth cycles and fate.
>In Egyptian mythology, fate and history have cyclical elements; what has happened before will happen again. In Egyptian legends, fate determines not what will happen, but what must happen in order for the world to continue, as part of the eternal struggle in the balance between order and chaos. Thus, the myths of the past chart out the trials that the heroes of the present must overcome to preserve creation. The Egyptians believed that to keep the chaos of the desert from overwhelming the order of the life-giving river valley, the world must reenact the mythic patterns of history.
>A setting inspired by Egyptian mythology might focus on the heroes being chosen to reenact the great deeds of the past. In this situation, learning how their ancestors were victorious may be key to vanquishing their present foes. However, even if the heroes triumph, they know that their adversaries are merely defeated for a time. The battles must be fought again in the future.
If you're going to have an Egyptian adventure, it should probably be about discovering a myth and repeating it to make sure things stay the way they should. If a great snake threatens to plunge the desert into darkness, players can find the myth of how Bastet, daughter of the sun god Ra, rode in his chariot every morning to protect him from the great serpent Apep, who tried to devour Ra, before she finally got in a scrap and destroyed the snake. Send the heroes to Bastet, ask how she did it, get some relics, and redo the fight.
>>
>>79687727
Are you making fun of my bro Bes? I'll fucking toss you motherfucker
>>
>>79687990

In my, setting, Egypt, along with other ancient civilizations, survived long enough to become a First World superpower. In the 21st century, the racial makeup is this:

60% Brown
25% Black
10% White
5% Monster/Non-Human Races
The gods are furries

Brown skinned people are the basic human natives of Egypt. They are found all over the class spectrum, from working class to most Pharaohs. Black people are mostly descendants of Nubians & other sub-Saharan groups who were absorbed into Egypt when their countries were forcefully or "willingly" annexed, after centuries of warfare & conquest. Egypt is pretty much the America of Africa, controlling most of the continent & even having a Manifest Destiny phase where they claimed & took ownership of the entire Nile River. Like in modern America, blacks can be seen in many different classes or income levels, but they are mostly working class.

White people are immigrants or descendants of immigrants from Europe, which is not uncommon because Egypt is so very much in bed with the Roman Empire & other Euro powers that they are considered a "European country." Besides the native population, a lot of whites are foreign diplomats, businessmen, transfer students, tourists & soldiers from Rome, Britain & America.

Monsters are okay, though Sphinxs are the only real native Egyptians. Most other monsters are just immigrants or their descendants, mainly from Rome, like Minotaurs, Mermaids, etc. They get decent treatment, most of the tough monsters just work military, police or security jobs, while mermaids help maintain & police the Nile River.
>>
>>79692424
Why are monsters represented by their own skin-color?
>>
>>79692439
What?
>>
File: Apophis.jpg (420 KB, 689x1000)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>79692463
Brown, black and white are skin colors. Suggesting that monster/non-human race is a skin-color. I mean otherwise, I would assume that monsters come in the same proportions of colors as do humans- unless they have purple skin tones sometimes.
>>
>>79692501
I didn't mean to make it sound like skin color, hence why I used the word "racial." No, most monsters don't have human skins tones, most of them have fur or scales.
>>
>>79692586
So really you should have said like 90% human, 10% monster.
>>
>>79692599
Yeah, whatever.
>>
>>79690445
>Bastet
>Human/Monstergirl

Pass.
>>
>>79692675
I don't follow.
>>
>>79692742
Go full furry or go home.
>>
>>79692769
B-but I'm already home...
>>
>>79692798
Then move
>>
>>79686529
What are some under-utilized details that can be used in Ancient Egypt settings? What about common misconceptions?

What about the closest modern-day ethnicity to Ancient Egyptians?
>>
>>79695212
The easiest answer to 'what is the closest equivalent to the ancient egyptians' is really none. They were their own ethnic group- the Hemites, that no longer exists- you'd have an easier time finding a modern day Mayan. The region was pretty much completely arabized over the thousand years after the Islamic conquests. And prior to that you had hundreds of years of mixing in Nubians, Greeks, Latins and Semites into the mix too.

As for skin-tone though, they would have been a mix of the near-eastern semites, sub-saharan nubians, so probably more cinnamon mocha color.

Anyway- one interesting thing was how religion was conducted- commoners were only allowed into the temples on holidays, while the temples were maintained by priests year-round who lived in the temple grounds. But the actual room of worship, known as the Holiest of Holies was exclusively for use of priests with none but the pharaoh let in elsewise, which would be a small room with an alcove for a statue of the God in it.

Some also kept divine animals on their grounds- such as a cat, or the famed Apis Bull, and in some cases actual crocodiles that were thought to be living incarnations of the gods they'd deck out in jewelry, and mummify upon their death before searching out the next one.
>>
>>79695351
Thanks, do you have any more bits of information like this please? Like what about pharaohs and other nobility? I know that the former often had multiple wives, but was that exclusive to them or did other nobility have it too?
>>
File: 1443188822907.png (1.18 MB, 1127x1600)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>79687023
Between Sheba and Cleopatra, Egyptian waifus are literally the foundation of Western Civilization.

>>79695351
>The region was pretty much completely arabized over the thousand years after the Islamic conquests.
I wonder how true this is. The same is often said about the Romans but the genetic profile of central Italy barely changed despite multiple conquests and invasions. From what I can find the same might apply to Egyptians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt
From what I can see the consensus seems to be
>African admixture has increased over time (not decreased)
>Egyptians in antiquity were closely related to Levantine populations (obviously)
>Modern Egyptians are obviously somewhat closer related to Arabs
>Genetic continuity between Ancient and Modern Egyptians cannot be excluded (implying the two generally looked similar)
>It's possible that the Coptic Christians are genetically closer to Ancient Egyptians than the general population, as they were a somewhat isolated community from the Islamic-Arabic ruling class.

So the answer is again, similar to what it is for the Romans: pretty much what they look like today.
>>
>>79697213
The logic behind the Pharoah is that he or she is a god. Not the most important god, but the god that is assigned by the other gods to rule over mortals in the Gods stead- with the main caveat being that the Pharoah must sustain order in the kingdom of Egypt.

And being a god- the only person a Pharoah can marry is another god- but Gods are in short-supply in Egypt, so the only viable candidates are either the sister or daughter of the Pharaoh. Now the incest is clearly a problem, but you get around this through concubinage- so as long as the kids are the pharoahs, the kids can inherit the throne- most pharoahs rarely had kids with their daughter-wives or sister-wives.

Until we get the Ptolemies that are. The descendants of a greek general for Alexander the Great, they had to square the fact that GREEK'S could be an EGYPTIAN god in the posting of Pharoah. They tried to do this by trying to uphold all the egyptian traditions to uphold and legitimize their rule- including the incest thing, which they took much further than previous pharoah's. Look it up, it's a trip.

Egypt also didn't have a nobility like we typically think of it- most governing was done by priests, and while there was an aristocratic class, they were more like scribes and artisans, as you didn't have a feudal system of lords governing in the name of the pharaoh- priests did that (also noteworthy- egyptian priests could marry, and you had to be born into the priesthood most of the time).
>>79697407
Didn't mean to imply ancient egyptians would've looked radically different- just that it's a tricky thing to pin down due to a variety of factors- one thing not helping is how the egyptians tended to depict idealized versions of reality in their art rather than what people actually looked like- and would use red-paint for men and yellow paint for women.
>>
>>79695351
>>79697407
>>79697605
Besides that link above, where are you getting your information from?

Also, royal incest is disgusting, not to mention the health issues (poor King Tut) what could lead to an Ancient Egypt-like setting with it?
>>
>>79698321
>with
I meant without. Damn typos.
>>
>>79698321
If the logic is that a god should marry a god, but the only other gods are the god's closest relatives, then the solution would be to find other gods that are eligible for marriage. It was probably a political point in ancient Egypt to not acknowledge any other god-kings they might have known about, but in a fantasy context, there might literally be gods or demigods whose powers can't just be dismissed, making their lineages potential marriage material.
>>
>>79690700
Good
>>
>>79691230
nice feet
>>
>>79686529
I wanna lick her abs
>>
File: 1612894006182.png (3.57 MB, 2000x3556)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
>>79698321
>>79698331
>>79698471
Alternatively, you could have multiple royal houses. That would be odd to justify, but you could argue that whenever the old pharaoh dies a new one is selected based on chance, some divine ritual or a bit of both with each of the royal houses putting forward a candidate. With enough royal houses (3-10) you can have enough divine marriages without inbreeding being a problem.

Alternatively certain non-godly candidates could be considered appropriate for a pharaoh. One blessed by Anubis may not be a goddess herself, but I doubt many would argue against a FAT JACKAL WIFE.
>>
Ancient Egyptian design is my number 1 fetish bait and I respond to it like a starving dog to steak.
Consequently I always put the possibility to go there into my games but at the same time I force myself to stir away from it and not putting in front of my players.
It's a complicated issue.
>>
>>79697407
>Sheba
Wasn't she either Ethiopian or Yemenese?
>>
>>79701405
What Sheba is queen of is actually incredibly unclear in the historical record. Most people think it was referring to a place around yemen but it's mostly a guess.
>>
I really haven't fleshed it out, but I'm thinking of making them primarily humans who built upon and learned from the ruins of the Reptillian/Serpent empire of prehistory. Also a heavy dose of Lovecraft.
>>
>>79698321
>where are you getting your information from?
Assassin's Creed Origins, it had a cool and informative "tour" mode that went into detail about the the locations and ways of life of Egypt into the Hellenistic age.
>>
>>79686529
The Pyramids are giant computers that carry the consciousness of the Gods. The Pharaohs plug into the computer and allow the god to use their body.
>>
File: EglbtXdUYAUnnRo.jpg (147 KB, 1100x1448)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>79686565
>>
File: 78048266_p0.jpg (1.02 MB, 1240x1754)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>79699745
Yeah, it's attempting to balance that interesting and erotic while not just being blatant about it.
>>
>>79686529
They're a relatively small kingdom, surrounded by desert on all sides. At the centre of the kingdom is a truly massive pyramid, the size of a mountain, so vast and ancient that only a small part of it is mapped out by modern scholars (and the rest is so thick with traps, curses, and sleeping mummies that very few try exploring it).

Near the top of the pyramid are four large openings, one for each cardinal direction, from which large amounts are currently pouring. The source of the water is unknown, but it is what feeds the four rivers around which most of the kingdom's infrastructure is formed.

The kingdom's borders are generally considered to be anywhere from which you can see the light at the top of the central pyramid at night. Most of its settlements are along the rivers, though a few small towns have been founded around individual oasises. Additionally, a few nomadic trading clans make a business from crossing the deserts "diagonally" as a shortcut, rather than restricting themselves to the river. The two latter groups are generally viewed with mild derision by the river communities.

They also ride camel by camel.
>>
>>79702336
Why does this fat cat keep getting so many skins? She's a qt, it's just a shame that aviation battleships are not even viable.
>>
>>79686970
Heck, there's a 5e 3rd party setting that attempts to splice D&D with Classical Mythology trappings, and its take on the Drow are the Nyssians, who are necromancy-practicing elves who live in subterranean cities under the not-Egypt, were they are held in thrall by warlock-priests devoted to an undead Titan.
>>
>>79695212
>What about the closest modern-day ethnicity to Ancient Egyptians?
Copts
>>
>>79686529
Can I tell you with a picture?
>>
File: D7DkTqHXkAAO11z.jpg (99 KB, 902x642)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>79698321
Considering feats of math and observation by ancient priests, I believe Egyptian priests were aware of long term consequences of inbreeding and promoted it intentionally. Think of it as planned obsolescence of dynasties.
>>
>>79704543
People can be very smart and very dumb at the same time. There are some really smart people that area also flat-earthers and q-anon freaks. The ancient Greeks laid the foundation for western science, philosophy, math, governance, but also thought womens wombs moved about randomly in their body causing irrational outbursts of emotions (hence the word Hysteria).
>>
File: BU.jpg (746 KB, 1536x2048)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>79695212

Pyramid-builders were well-respected craftsmen, not slaves. They had decent graves and analysis of their bones shows they had access to pricy foods like beef.

Modern day Egyptian QT. No I won't give out her name.
>>
>>79704717
Of course smart people can be wrong. Figuring out inbreeding doesn't take much effort, it's simple observation and record keeping like observing stellar bodies. What is q-anon btw? Quantum anonymity?
>>
File: Pyramids.jpg (87 KB, 1200x675)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>79686529
What are some existing settings based on Ancient Egypt that put interesting twists on things? The best one that I can think of now is that MtG plane, can you please think of more?
>>
>>79705129
Warhammer had their Egypt get wiped out in a necromantic tidal wave before the dead rising once more.

Trouble is that all of the dead people rose, not just the ones killed by the spell and the kings of old and their retinues returned ready to rule over the entire region once more
>>
>>79705129
That French movie where Egyptian god fucks a woman in futuristic Earth to be reborn in a time loop.
>>
>>79705424
Just delete your posts before this thread turns into a /v/ thread
>>
File: 86178445_p0.jpg (787 KB, 900x1200)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
>>79705364
Everything is political and some of the easiest examples of real stupid shit people believe is explicitly tied to politics.

Now how about them cute brown girls.
>>
>>79705424
>>79705445
Nope you did it when you used flat-earthers and obscure /pol/ topic as example. Both are off-topic, nobody forced your hand. I ask you to not bring any of this stuff anymore. Do you abide?
>>
File: Dark Elf Slave.jpg (200 KB, 1200x1300)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>79705445
I read that in ancient egypt, most men would shave their head, and wear wigs- helps with the heat and easy hair maintenance. Women would grow out their hair to shoulder length, but I think the idea of having a brown egyptian woman whose bald but has a series of anime-color wigs for different occasions is interesting.
>>
>>79705509
Wearing a wig kinda defeats the point of shaving the head to combat the heat. But it could help with insects. Cursory search tells me wigs in Ancient Egypt were mostly worn by elites.
>>
>>79705564
Please turn your /pol/ mode off.
>>
>>79705594
A wig trade would be an interesting minor worldbuilding detail. It'd also be interesting if there's a bunch of exotic wigs worn by the elites- like maybe a striped wig made of zebra hair.
>>
>>79705617
Anon find any mainstream news source you trust, and search for a video or article about Q-Anon, and you'll see that this is an actual newsworthy thing affecting the real world.
>>
>>79705657
She still enjoys immense popularity in her home district, and is unlikely to lose re-election far as we can see at this moment.
>>
>>79705630
Reminder that dyes were very expensive so anime hair colors would be an excellent display of wealth.
>>
>>79705013
>Modern day Egyptian QT.
Man, now I wanna go to Egypt
>>
File: Hibiki beef.webm (266 KB, 786x636)
266 KB
266 KB WEBM
>>79705013
>>79705902
Just a reminder that Ai Farouz is half-Egyptian and has a very cute voice.
>>
>>79705994
>Ai Farouz
>Ai Pharoahs
>Love Pharoahs
Sasuga, nippon
>>
>>79703912
>Copts
Why do you say that? Is there any genetic evidence?
>>
>>79706100
>>79697407
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt
The Egyptians that didn't convert to Islam had less admixture with the Arabs than the ones who did.
>>
>>79686678
The easiest way is to trace it to the source of Egypt's strength - the Nile. It's unlike most other rivers in the world. It floods reliably like actual literal clockwork. It has some of the richest soil deposits on the planet. The warm sunny climate gives incredible growing seasons that last for (and I'm reaching into my memory) 8 months out of the year. This means that Egypt's agricultural production of grain is higher than anywhere else on the planet and is higher than many other places by twice as much. Egypt is old because as a location for a civilization it could literally not be more perfect. The only downside is there isn't much wood for ships - a problem that plagued the entire region and made the cedar forests of Mount Jordan and Lebanon some of the most important strategic resource areas of the Middle East. Egypt is old because it can afford to be old. The foundation for the civilization is a river that is always flowing, is always fertile, and is always tame. Contrast it with the Euphrates or the Tigris. Both of them are raging, inconsistent rivers. Sometimes they flow, sometimes they trickle, and sometimes they flood. Agriculture regularly has to do a hard-reset because of the salt pushed down into the fields from the Taurus and Zagros mountain ranges.

When building not!Egypt you have to start with a Nile stand-in. Egypt IS the Nile. Without it there isn't a civilization there.
>>
>>79705364
>>79705483
Unrelated but this guy types like a fucking autist lmao
>>
File: embarassedanimeloli.gif (877 KB, 251x255)
877 KB
877 KB GIF
>>79699427
>but I doubt many would argue against a FAT JACKAL WIFE.
I have to ask. FAT DOG anon. Are you one Anon or a group of FAT DOG lovers?
>>
File: 1613129614102.png (837 KB, 849x930)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
>>79706181
To my knowledge I'm alone and incredibly autistic.
>>
File: salutelogh.jpg (60 KB, 960x720)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>79706291
Well.....I may not understand it but I salute your dedication to your FAT DOG WIVES
>>
>>79706291
Know that you're one of the few people that makes me smile on this shithole of a site because of your obviously shitposting but admirable dedication to your love of doggrils.
>>
File: 1612844714066.png (42 KB, 161x303)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>79706352
>>79706534
Aw shucks, thanks guys. May we all live long enough to see dubious dictatorships perform morally questionable genetic manipulation experiments on man and dog alike.
>>
>>79699427
>I doubt many would argue against a FAT JACKAL WIFE
We need more visual evidence
>>
File: 1587532641805.png (286 KB, 1280x966)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>79705902

Do Arab girls like white dudes? Do they make good waifus and moms?
>>
>>79705659
I don't care about your politics. Don't bring it up.
>>
File: Fayum Girl 1.jpg (659 KB, 1210x1920)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
Anyone else weirdly obsessed with the Fayum mummy portraits of Greeks in Roman Egypt?

Short docu, watch after dark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NkjU8Xowc
>>
>>79707306
>watch after dark:
But anon, its almost 3pm. You expect me to wait over 6 hours before watching
>>
File: Brooding Pharaoh.png (1.43 MB, 927x1200)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>79686529
What are some aspects of IRL Ancient Egypt that it would be best to exclude from an Ancient Egyptian setting? Someone else already mentioned pharaohs marrying close relatives, but what other Ancient Egyptian cultural mores or ethical standards would be weird and off putting to a modern audience, particularly a Western one?

What about medical practices and misconceptions about human anatomy?
>>
>>79707528
I seem to recall a strange obsession with semen.
>>
>>79707528
Their medical practices were pretty advanced for their time. As far as we're aware, they're the first culture to produce specialised tools for surgery.
>>
An arcano-nuclear wasteland ruled by a Drow Ancap McWarlord that the Reaper himself could not kill. The heart of the region is the pyramid-tomb of a dragon who killed himself rather than allow his treasures to fall into mortal hands. His suicide was accomplished via a magical nuclear salt bomb. The radiation within his former lair is so intense that it causes mindless constructs and undead to simply shut down as their animating magic is unraveled, so it's remained almost perfectly undisturbed for the past however-many thousand years.
>>
>>79688197
kek based
>>
File: 1623214046352.jpg (43 KB, 480x479)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>79686529
>>
>>79688197
>about to finish Emperor
>not sure I should tackle Pharaoh or Caesar next
>or wait for Nebuchadnezzar
>>
File: 1de.gif (940 KB, 627x502)
940 KB
940 KB GIF
>>79705341
>>
File: 900.png (204 KB, 640x480)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>79705129
Powerslave?
>>
>>79707048
Muslim wives are the bomb.
>>
>>79708598
What about Coptic wives?
>>
>>79707048
I've ony had experience with one and she was a whore. Maybe they do but in my experience, fuck no.
>>
>>79707528
>Someone else already mentioned pharaohs marrying close relatives,
Why would you exclude the royal incest?
Some parts of mummification were grody. They'd get rid of the brain by sticking a spoon up your nose, swirling it around, and the letting it drain out, bleach out the remnants and replace it with cotton. They'd also pour chemicals up your asshole, put in some acid that would liquify your intestines, put a stopper on the anus, and then after two weeks let it drain out. Mummifiers had to constantly perfume the body cause of the stink.

One I would ignore is that the Egyptians had an all-Male priesthood, but I think female Egyptian styled priests are very cool looking.
>>
>>79691230
What about the myth where Isis makes her husband Osiris a golden prosthetic dick?
>>
>>79708132
La Foire des Immortels by Enki Bilal.
>>
>>79709411
Osiris was dismembered and his body scattered across the earth. However his remains were found and reconstituted with the help of the god of magic making Osiris the god of the dead and the first mummy. They lost his dick though, eaten by a fish, but the mummification gave him a new one long enough that he impregnated Isis with Ra.
>>
File: Sobek.jpg (738 KB, 2056x2700)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
>>79709550
>They lost his dick though, eaten by a fish
I heard it was eaten by Sobek, the croc god of the Nile.
>>
>>79686797
To steal my ideas for slutty mummies.
>>
>>79709845
>The Egyptians were furries/scalies
Augustus went too easy on them...
>>
>>79709959
animal worship was one of the earliest faiths
mankind just KNEW since about 7000 BC
>>
>>79695351
The Hamitic hypothesis has been garbage since at least the 60s. It doesn't bear out genetically, archaeologically, or linguistically.
>>
File: 81Ye-Up1IOL.jpg (425 KB, 1417x1889)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>79708132
>>79709512
It's a fantastic comic, too.
>>
>>79705224
>large Q-Anon rallies in Germany and the Netherlands
>Mfw I used to live in Germany and moved to NL a year ago
You are a schizo mate. Seek help.
>>
>>79710281
I'm not that Anon, but I have to wonder if you live under a rock. You can confirm that there's Qanon wackjobs in Germany with a simple search. They were a big part of the COVID protests at the Reichstag.
https://www.dw.com/en/as-donald-trump-exits-qanon-takes-hold-in-germany/a-56277928

>n-no only Americans do that shit! not my eurobros!
>>
>>79688197
Where the fuck is my video, sseth?
>>
>>79686529
combined it with ancient Mesopotamia. used to be inhabited by Jewish/Mesopotamian/Egyptian Dwarves but they were driven out by Steppe tribes who would become the settings equivalent of Arabs.
>>
>>79686529
What are some key facts about the gods of Ancient Egypt and the religion following them (also, why did so many have animal heads)?

>>79709030
>Egyptians had an all-Male priesthood
Really, even for the female deities? Why was this, and sauce?
>>
>>79710347
It's the same for sovereign citizens. Look it up, and they'll tell you it's strictly an American problem, but they exist in many countries, under many stupid justifications.
The ones in Canada swear fealty to some random English nobleman who wrote a letter to the queen asking her to step in against something, with the implication that she'd be neglecting her royal duties not to. The Canadian Sovcits take this to be a declaration under the original version of the Magna Carta of a legal lord's rebellion, and so by declaring allegiance to that lord, they get to ignore all of her majesty's laws, especially when it comes to their children. Note that the Magna Carta article they're citing was written out of it within a year and lays out very, very specific requirements and limitations that haven't been met anyway, not least of which is the noble accepting their fealty and ordering them to seize the crown's property (but not persons).
German Sovcits think that there's some kind of loophole where the post war temporary government never officially handed power over to West or East Germany, but also no longer exists, so there is no legitimate government in Germany anymore.
>>
>>79705364
Suck a turd with that attitude.
>>
>>79708791
The defused bomb
>>
>>79713754
>>79713865
Shut up poltard
>>
I learned that Egyptians built fake doors into the walls of the temples and tombs. They served as the passage ways into the other world and place to make prayers and leave offerings. I think it's pretty cool.
>>
>>79709550
>with Ra.
You mean Horus, right?
>>
My gf is a big Egyptophile. The inevitable 1 on 1 game I ran to teach her how to play was set in Not!Egypt but she just kept correcting me on the deities names and roles so I eventually had crocodiles eat her character lol
>>
File: original.jpg (660 KB, 1314x1500)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
>>79686678
>Cleopatra was born closer to the invention of the internet than the building of the pyramids.
Duh
>>
>>79709947
Oh, good idea. Stealing that one!
>>
>>79713322
>Male only priesthood
>Why was this
A method for handling hypergamy.
>>
>>79705708
>I'm now effectively a flat earther for asking "what's up with the Clintons?".
TBQH, that's been a 'thing' since the 90's. Remember Hillary whining about 'vast right-wing conspiracies' trying to destroy her politically?
>>
>>79716787
Alright, what was she around for the construction of? Is any of it still around?
>>
>>79705013
Highly doubtful that with the labor force needed to build the pyramids, every one of them was a skilled craftsman who was showered with luxuries like beef and housing. It may have been true for the engineering leads, but Bronze Age economies were palace economies, with tightly regulated trade and the aristocracy possessing a huge amount of debt from the lower classes. I find it much more believable that the vast majority of the labor force were indentured because they were cornered in life and didn't have anywhere else to go besides farming.
>>
>>79716965
Yeah. And remember how right wing conspiracies destroyed her politically?
>>79719424
Not much- she wasn't pharaoh for too long. She was installed in a civil war against her brother by the help of caesar- her relationship with him then followed, and then Marc-Antony's and their mutual suicide.

Alexandria though was founded by Alexander the great, and the lighthouse of Alexandria was built by the Ptolemies. Alexandria also housed Alexander's body, which I believe was mummified and put in a glass sarcophogus.
>>79719732
The workers weren't given a choice when building the pyramids, but it was well-paid for labor.
>>
>>79703626
god, Arcadia is garbage
>>
>>79705708

>Epstein had a pedo-plane and a pedo-island

To me that's the sickest thing about our elites. The sheer disregard for the hoi polloi. Like Epstein thinking normal people are too stupid to pick up an obvious reference like that(or he felt invincible and got off on taunting everyone by leaving a breadcrumb trail). You also saw this will Hilldog telling a bunch of Wall St dipshits she had separate public and private policies. And the obvious rigging of the 2016 and 2020 primaries.

We're ruled by a bunch of old bedshitters who don't even bother to hide how evil they are and have entered a sort of weird cyberpunk dystopia.
>>
File: black pyramid.jpg (41 KB, 901x639)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
There is a black pyramid. Older than Egypt. It was built in a time that even the sages of the Old Dynasty barely knew about. By a long-forgotten people who dwelt near the River before the ancestors of the first Egyptians moved in. The first pyramid. The deserts were fertile then, green and teeming with life. The pyramid is way out in the desert and radiates an unholy influence. A curse. The birds of the desert avoid the place. The caravans that go near it often do not return. Those unfortunate ones who do speak of nightmares. Those who dream the Dream often do not wake up or if they do, they often become mad.

There is something imprisoned in the pyramid and it seeks to go free. It howls with rage. You hear the howl when you dream with it. You want to howl when you are awake.
>>
>>79723544
I shoot a beam of light at it
>>
File: Cleopatra.jpg (355 KB, 1445x1985)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>79686529
Why weren’t there more female pharaohs? I mean, there’s Cleopatra like in picture related, Hatshepsut, and maybe one or two more, but that’s about it. You would think that, over thousands of years and dozens of dynasties, there would have been at least a few more, right? Why weren’t there any?
>>
>>79724839
The various Pharoahs had a bad habit of erasing the records of their predecessors to take their accomplishments for themselves.
Further, a lot of Dynasties had a preference of using daughters that weren't necessary to establish wedding treaties with other nations, or wedding them to different nomarchs to establish their loyalties
>>
>>79724922
So maybe there were other female pharaohs, they were just removed from the record? Okay, what about the ones that we know about them?
>>
>>79725025
>So maybe there were other female pharaohs, they were just removed from the record?
It is a possibility, though not too strong of one since we do have some record of the names of pharaohs through the Turin List of Kings and other records. Further, we also have cases of men being historically mistaken for women by sources, such as Niterquerty being mistakenly believed to be a female pharoah named Nitocris (Thanks Herodotus).
That being said, take everything I just told you with a a tablespoon of salt. I'm no Egyptologist, and I'm just telling you what I remember from some basic personal research I did when I was bored once.
>>
>>79725025
Cleopatra is special for being a genuinely charismatic person with important foreign connections. It was all force of personality and probable ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose, she wasn't even much of a looker according to some sources.
>>
>>79725962
>she wasn't even much of a looker according to some sources.
She was known for being quite smart and a great conversationalist though, and Caesar did enjoy talking to her since she knew a lot about history, linguistics, economics, politics, etc. She was also notable for being the first Pharoah who was able to actually speak Egyptian in generations
>>
>>79726135
Shame she bet on the wrong dick.
>>
>>79726739
Not her fault she that Julius decided to make some sociopathic nephew his heir instead of his ACTUAL BIOLOGICAL SON he had with her
>>
>>79715765
Real fake doors, huh?
>>
>>79703972
you have sauce on that image bro?
>>
>>79705210
Funny story: I live two blocks from that pizza place in DC, Comet Ping Pong. Pizza’s a little expensive for what it is, but that’s city life, very much a neighborhood place where people take their kids. They don’t actually have a basement, much less one full of trafficked kids. Every once in a while we have people come around to try and start shit, but it’s 100% normal.

For the thread, I always include a huge lighthouse like the ones they had along the northern coast of Egypt in my games, where it holds a minor flame demon encased in the apex as its light.
>>
>>79708052
Under-rated post.
>>
>>79726804
>sociopathic
Ayo hol up
>>
>>79725324
>Thanks Herodotus
How did he mix THAT up?
>>
>>79731141
He straight up admits in his Historia that all he's doing is reporting the stories as they were told to him and as he observed. Someone dudes might have told him a Myth or some fanfics, or there was a miscommunication somewhere, and he recorded down that
>>
>>79707528
The food sucked because there was always sand in it. No joke- when taking the wheat kernels from the stalk and putting them in baskets, sand would get in, while grinding the wheat into flour and separating it, sand would get in, and when making flour from the wheat, they did it in the open and on the floor or ground, and sand would get in. This meant that invariably your teeth would get grand down from all the sand in your food being reduced to nubs by your 40's.
>>79724839
Nefertiti is another famous one- but she was obscure for most of history as her son literally marked off the name on all her monuments and replaced it with her own to take credit (a sadly common practice that has frustrated egyptologists).

The Pharoah was considered a male-office- and while women with politically savvy found their way into the role, the deck was set against them- also the pharaonic harems meant you would have a lack of male heirs normally.

Fun-Fact- Nefertiti claimed to be male while being pharoah- and would wear a fake beard. Before anyone gets cute it wouldn't have been a trans thing, but a way to satisfy the priesthood trying to square her post with her vagina.
>>79725962
She also according to what we can tell probably was a virgin when she first met Caesar.
>>79726804
There are good political reasons for that- the fact he had a son with an egyptian queen at all while being dictator made the Senate incredibly twitchy.
>>79727770
Fun-fact- we don't actually have records on what the Lighthouse of Alexandria used as fuel.
>>
>>79725324
>Niterquerty being mistakenly believed to be a female pharoah named Nitocris (Thanks Herodotus).
Gatchashit thanks you too
>>
File: 6867527314.jpg (159 KB, 720x900)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>79705509
>bald egyptian woman
that's something i'd get behind
>>
If you go to the largest city in not-Egypt, you'll find at least one perpetually drunken catgirl in every home and business. They may try to help with various mundane tasks, but they're useless dumb lushes. When foreign invaders threaten the city though, all the humans lock themselves in the equivalent of bomb shelters, and the ruler of the city rings a great glass bell that instantly renders everyone in the city sober. A few hours later when the catgirls are good and drunk again the citizens emerge to wash the blood from the streets.
>>
>>79721838
>Yeah. And remember how right wing conspiracies destroyed her politically?
I guess they never had a big enough 'Basket of Deplorables' to finish the job?
>>
>>79721838
The weird right-wing conspiracies to destroy Hillary Clinton never worked, but the orange man knew one weird trick to completely derail everything.
>>
>>79724036
Now everyone becomes comfortably numb.
>>
>>79707528
Why exclude any of it?
>>
>>79732803
The Truth?
>>
>jannies still refuse to remove unrelated off-topic political shitposting
>yet post complaining about how dumb this talking about conspiracy theories is got removed
Fuck these gay ass jannies and mods, this website is bought.
>>
>>79732830
I dunno about you, but this thread is giving me Brain Damage
>>
>>79733031
Or discord. One way or another we're in the midst of glowie blacked operation this week.
>>
>>79733162
You shut the fuck up too
I want all the Rightoids and Leftards out of the fucking thread and off my fucking board! I'd rather see the place drown in coomers than have to see another thread turn to shitty political theater!
10 plagues on everyone here, you should all just kill yourselves!
>>
>>79692675
aren't Egpytian gods only animal heads?
>>
File: 0231.jpg (2.87 MB, 3508x4961)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>79733242
For all the coom symbolism Egyptian mythology isn't exactly coomer friendly. We meme about Egyptian monster girls with animal ears but truth be told there is little sexy stuff that would arouse normal guy.
>>
>>79733397
>there is little sexy stuff that would arouse normal guy.
Luckily, I am not a normal guy.
On a more serious note, what else was there to commonly eat in Egypt? I know Wheat/Bread made up the vast majority of food, to the point where Egyptians were called "bread eaters" by the rest of the world, but were there any other popular crops and grains that were used in cuisine? I feel like making some kind of molasses out of some kind of millet would be something in the realm of possibility.
>>
File: 79949433_p0.jpg (222 KB, 966x1200)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>79733480
Unfortunately you're not a normal guy and can't understand why people don't flock to Egyptian threads for sexy fantasy. Mentally healthy people don't get off to necrophilia and sodomy. Egyptian myths are surprisingly sterile and unsexy for cosmology based on renewing vitality and rebirth. In the absence of coom worthy scenarios brown sloots drawn by Houtengeki made the threads going in the past years.
>>
>>79687990
For mine it'll probably be something like 100% white and some composite mummies, skeletons, jackal things and scorpion/scarab monsters
>>
File: 1619964154118.jpg (122 KB, 1024x988)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>79731186
>>
>>79733480
Google it, wikipedia covers the answers but there's a paradox that one source says the Egyptians did not eat pigs and another says they did, so it's hard to say.

It does seem like the hebrews larped a lot of shit from Egypt - one god, circumcision, possibly dietary restrictions. Also what >>79731213 said about sand, even if you had a good diet you'd suffer dentally. Bread in general seems not great for it, the abbos had incredible chompers before they got civilized.

Also I've heard Egypt had a lot of dietary diseases (Diabetes, hypertension) because of the abundance of foodstuff and the abundance of carbs. They also drank a lot of beer-brew which was basically a soupy/smoothie of beer.
>>
File: 1592043306492.jpg (130 KB, 800x1200)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>79686565
>>79702318
mmmore....
w-would they bully the overheating, sun-weak adventurer from the north...?
>>
File: polar egypt picture.png (977 KB, 1087x344)
977 KB
977 KB PNG
>>79686529

"polar egypt"

in a setting where winter fae and frost giants made civilizations against the gods, and the goddess of death sits in ice, Egypt and parts of the inworld middle east are frozen and icy
>>
>>79734068
Maybe people in one place breed pigs for food and people in others didn't. Egypt was a big place for its time.
>>
>>79734149
Fag
>>
>>79686565
Catgorls*
Ftfy
>>
>>79734149
Jerk off before posting. That said, something lost in the spirit of the coomer and kawaii ugu submissive cat is that cats do fit the Egyptians as they should be rendered. As chad (or stacey) imperial conquerors. Ozymandias, Ramesses, the way that Yul Brynner pulled off the look of a chad god-king better than any actor I've ever seen, and I am pretty sure could single handedly make every big-titty Jewess remember Ezekiel 23:20.
>>
>>79734424
I also miss when colorfulness was a thing.
>>
>>79734424
That artist must be Caesar because he royally screwed the perspective.
>>
File: df0.jpg (43 KB, 680x320)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>79734068
>>79731213
>sand
Dunno but they could figure out ways to consume baked bread without much chewing. Like cutting it into small pieces or making a stew and putting baked bread into the liquid and eat a mushy soft bread. Anything would be better than chewing glass.
>>
>>79734662
It might be an insidious kind of thing, where they didn't really put two and two together. Think about us and microplastics.
>>
>>79734149
>whyboner.jpg
>>
>>79734439
What changed? Why did it stop being a thing?
>>
>>79736548
My guess is because glorifying the past is not really tolerable right now and the past is mostly a thing to be criticized unless it's the past of PoC. It's also why, at least from what I perceive, Western media in general has gotten a lot more cynical. Even as late as the 80s I doubt something like Rick and Morty would've caught on the way it did in current year.
>>
>>79734777
It reminds me of how the Romans kept using lead for everything, despite knowing about lead poisoning; they knew the lead was fucking people up, but it was only some people, not everyone, and limited medical knowledge and poor (compared to modern times) census data made the chronic effects impossible to recognize outside of "everyone in this lead mining town is going crazy."
>>
>>79686529
WE WUZ KANGS N SHEEEEEEIT
>>
File: 1547767655544.jpg (190 KB, 1000x1400)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>79736772
This reminds me of a newspaper article I read awhile back about Alzheimer in France. It geographically correlated highly with the regions where wine is grown, so it may be (partially) caused by certain pesticides finding their way into the water supply.

https://naturalvine.co.uk/france-pesticides-parkinson-related/

So we actually have the same issue going on right now, except with better census data and less of an excuse to feign ignorance.

>>79736848
>Not wanting a kween to treat you like a kang
>>
>>79687718
What about ziggurats?
>>
File: page_40.jpg (3.24 MB, 3288x4404)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>79705341
>>79710268
God I love the French.
>>
>>79738090
I don't like it. They look like underage girls with excessively large lips. It's uncanny. A lot of this sexualized French comic stuff has girls looking suspiciously underage, to the point where Wakfu may be an improvement.
>>
>>79738508
>They look like underage girls
Have you tried not getting your tastes from SJW twitter?
Or looking at a real human being?
>>
>>79738508
What. I know there's one weird anon that posts that kind of shit but what part of that page is remotely underage?
>>
>>79738508
Gotta agree with you.
>>
File: Boardwalk Dance.gif (2.91 MB, 252x263)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
I did an adventure arc for Conan 2D20 in Stygia if that counts.
>>
>>79739272
No, as 2d20 is garbage.
>>
>>79739272
Nice
>>
>>79721973
Wanna know how I can tell your opinion is shit?
>>
>>79733397
>>79733566
There’s literally a legend where Set tries to prove his dominance over Horus by fucking his thighs and Horus gets him back by secretly feeding Set his semen.
That’s probably the biggest coomer legend there is.
>>
>>79734439
The charioteer helmet was the one that always got me.
>>
File: jonghae-lee-.jpg (851 KB, 1920x1448)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
>>79743641
And it's gross and unsexy as hell. Old ugly uncle is trying to rape his young nephew.
>>
>>79743885
>And it's gross and unsexy as hell. Old ugly uncle is trying to rape his young nephew
>>
>>79743641
>That’s probably the biggest coomer legend there is.
ever heard of Zeus or Thor?
>>
>>79743885
>>79743641
>>79743953
>Ugly Bastard
>Yaoi
>Intercural
>Rape
>furry
>serialized
>cum cuisine
>incest
>nephew
>uncle
>cheating
>comedy
So, am I missing any other tags to this story then?
>>
File: seth-ph3.jpg (72 KB, 257x410)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>79743953
World's first ugly bastard.
>>
>>79744225
>dark skin
>age difference
>>
File: 1518120528.jpg (195 KB, 900x690)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Don't mind me just feeding criminals to the sacred crocodiles.
>>
>>79733397
Egyptian reality must have been pretty great though. It's all topless women and sheer fabrics, ripped tan pyramids builders, and no body hair whatsoever.
>>
>>79743885
You seem to have an incorrect impression as to what ‘coomer’ material entails.
>>
>>79744751
>because Egypt totally didn't have idealized human forms unlike every singular culture ever studied
>>
File: 1614686768341.png (275 KB, 745x844)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>79744758
It's impression made by posters invoking coomers any time they spot attractive females or scenarios arousing for normal men.
>>
>>79744949
You seriously look at that picture and think ‘yeah this image is supposed to represent someone with a healthy and sexually normal appetite’?
>>
>>79745426
Well, she's not a real nurse, I can tell you that much. And whether she does it just for the money or also to sate the other urges is anyone's guess.
>>
File: 2dd1.jpg_large.jpg (808 KB, 1536x2048)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>79709845
>>
>>79686529
What are some good race ideas for a fantasy Ancient Egyptian setting? The best idea that I have is jackal people like picture related.
>>
>>79747233
Green People
>>
>>79744751
The issue really was the back-breaking labor and how sand got in all your food. Medicine was some of the best there was for the era, but you'd be unlikely to afford it. There's also the fact your house is probably going to be flooded once a year, and your main transportation route is filled with maneating hippo's and crocodiles.
>>
File: Arena Lamia.jpg (120 KB, 718x1000)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>79747233
Most mythos don't have lots of different races. Even in greek mythology satyrs and centaurs were more just monsters without an imagined society.

That said, dwarves were considered lucky and featured prominently in egyptian art, so that'd work. If you want something more period appropriate, try basing them on the Persian Empire.

There were the mysterious Sea Peoples that ravaged the Bronze Age world and we know next to nothing about, so you could fit that into an existing fantasy race like elves or something if you chose.

I think beast-folk of many stripes fit well with the setting, and you could steal a lot of them from the Greeks- there was cultural overlap there anyway. As one-twist- the cat god Bastet was originally the lion-headed war god Sekhmet that almost wiped out humanity- so perhaps you could have war-like sphinxes/catgirls. Another legend- it was said that the queen of Libya was a Lamia that ate children, so Lamia also fit.
>>
File: t01tpaA.jpg (600 KB, 1663x825)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>79747809
Why would the dwarves be based on the Persians exactly?

Alright, besides Greek creatures like sphinxes, what other Mediterranean cultures had interesting myths that we could spin into races? Maybe Mesopotamia has some?
>>
>>79707528
This picture fired up a bunch of neurons, i remember some sort of toy where the toy could be jacked into a console and all of them were egyptian themed but i cant remember what it is. Some random stuff from the 00-10s but i dont know what it is
>>
File: Fire Spirit.jpg (243 KB, 1280x720)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>79748467
Persians lived in a mountainous part of the world, and would end up conquering egypt resulting in cultural overlap.

Far as Mesopotamian myths, I'm not as familiar- but there is of course Enkidu- who was a savage half-man half-beast originally created to mess with the dick-King Gilgamesh, before he was tamed (by tossing a perfumed civilized women for him to rape and thus be civilized) and became Gilgamesh's best friend.

Back to the Persians though- they had angels, and again had conquered Egypt. Though they were of the 'flaming wheel of eyeballs' version- same with the Jews, as the winged human version wouldn't be invented until the middle ages. Extrapolating further, you could pull pull demons from Judeaism- while it's historically dubious that the Jews built the pyramids, the Egyptians had conquered them historically- you could also throw in Nephiliim- half-angel-half-humans that were said to be giants that had great power but lacked comprehension of morals (not inherently evil, just strong and not understanding what evil is).

There were also numerous myths of demons and Djin amongst the Mesopotamians and arab peoples (though very different than we imagine them today).
>>
>>79705594
>Wearing a wig kinda defeats the point of shaving the head to combat the heat
the point is it's easily removable
>>
>>79749769
>before he was tamed (by tossing a perfumed civilized women for him to rape and thus be civilized)
God I love old myths
>>
>>79745426
Yes, coomer is portrayed as pathetic and comically horny and indulgent. Yet nothing implies he's a total pervert beating his meat to any fetish like original meme of a bald porn convention visitor. He has no self-control but otherwise his tastes are normal. The meme is almost never invoked to address gay or /d/ tier stuff like "bueno" would. Application of the meme quickly altered its meaning.
>>
>>79750103
Shouldn't be dagon the one fighting against Horus?
>>
>>79688197
It's been like 4 months since last video, is he dead or what?
>>
>>79686529
I usually use them as the backdrop to a less religious, more merchantile empire once the anchent god kings have passed.
>>
I want to make a region that ancient Egypt-esque but not *literally* ancient Egypt ripped 1:1. What are the most important aspects of culture, religion, and aesthetics that should remain?
>>
File: 1533581557706.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1500)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>79751615
Like some other anon said in an earlier post, Egypt is the Nile full stop. Any civilization in a hot climate centered entirely around a single river with ridiculously fertile flood plains and very predictable eb and flow should fit the bill. Also shapely brown girls walking around half-naked because of said hot climate and maybe some of them are various animals of varying degrees of fatness, from flatty peasant to the plentiful nobility.
>>
>>79751637
Did its relative isolation make it a unique/weird place? The Levant all seems to be copy-pasting each other nonstop to the point of being indistinguishable.
>>
>>79751664
posted too soon; I always wondered why Egypt stood out so much compared to the rest of north Africa, the Levant, Arabia, etc.
>>
>>79749769
>Enkidu
What did he actually look like?
>>
>>79751668
They're not actually completely unique, but Nubia and other cultures around that area with similar elements aren't nearly as well studied and don't have pop culture representation, so they get overlooked a lot.
>>
>>79753655
Like a hairy ancient mesopotamian hobo.
>>
>>79751664
Egypt propered due to it's stability- Meosopotamia was incredibly unstable, so even when it was unified, usually from outside sources, it wouldn't end up doing much. The levant was also filled with warring city-states that were unable to accomplish much (the most notable and powerful phoenecian states was Cathage a former phoenecian colony).
>>
>>79727751
Nonsummerjack anubis
>>
>>79736548
Changes in camera technology, meant they adapted costumes first for more natural lighting, then eventually cgi colour-correcting.
>>
>>79736772
Supposedly the lead pipes had calcification that would cover up the lead and remedy it. The problem was using lead in cookery, as with acidic foods or drink you'd be in big danger.

>>79736874
Definitely possible. There's a supposed correlation of smoking and drinking coffee and not catching alzheimers.

>>79743858
I'd seen it before, so I think it's legitimate, from some fresco or something.

>>79743641
Someone got the book passage about Mesoamerican myths and the one of the king who loves fat-bottom bitches? The one where it goes
>Three witches laughed at hechatupatlichixac for not being able to get a woman with a 3 handspans wide ass
>hechatupatlichixac then had sex with the three witches
>>
>>79754852
Nubia is similar? Interesting.
>>
>>79757041
>There's a supposed correlation of smoking and drinking coffee

As in, it reduces risk of Alzheimers or increases?
>>
>>79758501
Nubia, also sometimes referred to as the Kingdom of Kush, occupied the banks of the Nile- specifically where they split between the Red Nile and White Nile at Khartoum- where the tributaries of the ethiopian highlands would merge, in what is now Sudan. The land has more pyramids in total than the modern country of egypt- in fact pyramid building originated in Nubia (at least in Africa), and there was a long history of either the egyptians of the upper nile subjugating Nubia, or the Nubians then subjugating the rest of Egypt- and they worshipped the same pantheon of gods.
>>
>>79747233
Instead of standard fantasy dwarves, give the "craftsman" niche to humanoid scarabs. Make them optimistic, tough, early risers who have a habit of starting their projects over from scratch.
>>
>>79761791
I was going to make 'dwarves' but they're a diminutive race of cute catfolk with a knack for jewelcrafting and identifying rare properties. The alcohol brewing is more of a social thing for them, big drinkers and very friendly when in their cups.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>79761791
>Man-sized scrab-men that skitter around underground workshops without sleep, working around the clock to create the most beautiful artifacts imaginable for Pharaoh
>Singlemindedly, autistically dedicated to their craft
>Though generally harmless and preferring to avoid humans, Pharaoh can call on them as ferocious warriors if need be
>Trespassers will be politely but firmly escorted to the exit
>>
>>79758501
There was a lot of cultural back and forth between them, including back and forth conquering and a Nubian dynasty at least once.
And Nubians actually wuz kangz when they weren't being ruled by Egypt, so you'd really think there'd be more interest in it nowadays.
>>
>>79762649
That's neat. So a neighboring kingdom wouldn't be out of place in an Egypt inspired game, or two very similar but different neighbors that eventually unified after centuries of back and forth.
>>
>>79761870
Catfolk would be a better fit for guardians and thief-takers/inquisitors, and maybe socialites. Cats were revered for protecting the pharaoh, and for hunting down scorpions, snakes, and pests that could get into the grain. Scarabs, on the other hand, were tied to creation - albeit it in the "creating the world"-sense.

Incidentally, I happen to have a copy of the Book of the Dead on hand (albeit a translation into my native language, so I might lose some nuance translating it to English), if anyone's curious. It's got passages on such things as
>avoiding the wrath of the gods
>warding away crocodiles
>preventing rot
>not eating excrement or drinking urine
>assuming the shape of a god and transforming darkness to light
So, you know, a variety of topics.
>>
>>79762776
>>assuming the shape of a god and transforming darkness to light

Explain
>>
>>79762776
I just like Felynes from MonHun and wanted something similar to that instead of bearded manlets. Maybe the bigger catfolk can fulfill the guardian and socialite niches...
>>
>>79762834
MonHun Felynes fill a very specific niche of "what if a sapient race got themselves domesticated into human society", which is basically the same role I give half halflings in generic d&d stuff.
>>
>>79762774
While egypt tended not to interact with many other kingdoms- aside from the aforementioned Nubia/Kush, they were well aware of them and their political influence in the Eastern Mediterranean. The traded with the Greeks and their precursors the Myceneans- though originally they only ever bought olives, since that was the only thing that they produced- up until the Hellenic era after Alexander the Greats conquest. Otherwise they considered the Greeks as little better than pirates they occasionally got olives from. The traded more with the Phoenecian city-states of the levant, who were the earlier masters of the Mediterranean- the Egyptians at different periods even owned the Levant and it's trade-networks themselves.

They were also aware of Mesopotamia, and considered them a sister culture- despite having opposite worldviews, but looked down on them for their instability- and would be rarely threatened by any unified Mesopotamia that would briefly emerge.

They also bordered and at different times owned Judea- and like the rest of them considered them bizarre irrelevant zealot herders (there wasn't much urbanization of Judea- which is why you see constant shepherd metaphors in the bible- and Jerusalem as a city wasn't all that strong or wealthy).

They had much influence over the Kingdom of Cyrenaica however- now part of Libya, which had been settled by greek colonists, and sat on a relatively green plateau.

A big one of course is Persia, which would conquer the Levant, Anatolia, and Egypt- but pretty much everyone who wasn't greece (notably the jews who never had anything nice to say about anyone) really admired the persians not just for their wealth and power, but also their tolerance and the fact they didn't bother changing much when they conquered places.
(cont.)
>>
We shouldn't also forget that the Romans held over Egypt for a good long while there- and maintained most of it's ancient traditions (though without the Pharoah stuff- but by that point most egyptians had become less keen on pharoahs being necessary as they had a few centuries rule of greek pharoahs). So an invading militarist empire like rome would fit in well.

And even with the Egyptians isolation, they still did have to deal with barbarian hordes- notably the Hyksos, who brought the chariot to Egypt and would conquer it, and the mysterious Sea-Peoples who wrecked the fertile crescent.

And if we want to look forward, you could also work in inspirations from the Islamic Era, with the invading Arabs and the Abbasid Caliphate- or the rule of the Slave-Mercenary Mamluk's- or the Ottomans who would inherit egypt in an personal-union, or then you could do the British Colonial era- foreign invaders looting the tombs and great monuments of the past carting them off on the backs of might warships.
>>
>>79762819
Well, the Book of the Dead is basically a collection of spells/prayers that were given to the deceased in the form of tablets or inscriptions on the walls, to protect them in the afterlife. Most of them have a one-sentence description by the translator that explains what they're for... but in this case they just repeated the title, so I guess they were stumped as well.

If you're curious, though, it goes like this (and remember, amateur re-translation happening here):

>I have dressed in the shimmering linens of Nun, the white garment that lights up all. Dusk is illuminated thanks to the two comrades Horus and Seth, who live in my stomach, and by the aid of the magical formula that rests on my tongue. He who shall follow me, who is about to fall, will rise again. He will rise when I have fallen with him in the valleys of Abydos and we have gone to rest. I think of him, and I have won fame in the city where I found him. I have conquered darkness with my powers!

>I have saved the eye from the non-existent before the feast of the sixth day. I judged Seth when he still sat in the higher halls with the elders. I equipped Thoth in the House of the Moon when I wore the crown of Upper Egypt. Truth has taken residence in my stomach like turquoise and faience at the feast of the new moon. At Thoth's feast my fields are full of lapis lazuli. I have conqurered darkness and vanquished the demons.

>The dead, who live in darkness, deify me, and their mourners travel for me, even when they tire. Witness me, I am the true deep. I have not inducted you into all my secrets for fear the knowledge will lead to violence. I am the true deep, and I have inhabited darkness. I came and drove away the dark, so that instead it is dazzling light!

Whew, that took longer than I expected. Again, I might have bungled some nuance, and Norwegian was never the most poetic language to begin with.
>>
>>79741450
>a whopping 100~ pages of content!
>five intriguing city-states, inlcuding but not limited to Fantasy Athens and Fantasy Sparta!
>a world map built for adventures inspired by ancient greece, with One Big Splotch Of Land surrounded by fourteen(14) small islands!
>gods are super important to this setting, which is why we included one small paragraph describing each! Also, one of them is a hecking cool GoW referencerino!

Yeah, fuck off. Maybe if you put more than minimal amount of effort into your setting, people would actually play in it.
>>
>>79686529
What are some twists that we can put on the idea of undead mummies? Or maybe we can have them 'not' be undead, but fully alive?

Also, where did the Egyptians get the idea of mummifying bodies, or that removing the brain was a good idea? What else do we know about the Egyptian views of the afterlife?
>>
>>79765854
Preserving bodies likely came from it being easy to dry out a body in the desert, and easy access to salt- making drying and preserving the body easier.

Over time mummification became more elaborate and ritualistic. Scooping out the brain likely happened because the brain rots easy, so removing it helps preserve the body.
>>
>>79766001
Didn't they also believe that the heart was the seat of the soul or something?

Also, any ideas about the undead mummies thing?
>>
Would an Egypt equivalent still work if it didn't have a Mediterranean and Levant near it, but instead a big open ocean to its north?
>>
>>79733397
Dickwashing can be arousing, I guess. Salacious rumors about Egyptian queens fucking men all night long is also very, very arousing. I'm surprised that humanity hasn't made much Cleopatra Rule34, only took them until the Internet and that Assassin's Creed video game that was marketed to schools as Egyptian virtual tourism.
>>
>>79765854
>What are some twists that we can put on the idea of undead mummies?

Bandage elementals
>>
>>79768832
Lazy nigger, why don't you shoulder the work of developing your concepts?
>>
>>79769052
>Salacious rumors about Egyptian queens fucking men all night long is also very, very arousing
there was that bit of Roman propaganda about Cleopatra sucking off an entire Legion in a night
>>
>>79686903
Pretty unique take. Explain your lore please? Unless you're working on something cool irl, in which case I wish you the best.
>>
>>79771861
Sure why not.

The elven kingdom in question is relatively isolated (by land anyway) due to the large dessert surrounding it. Elves have an easier time in extreme heat and on lower amounts of food and water than humans, so merchants and messengers travel from it all the time, but it's a bit harder to get there if you're an outsider. The kingdom itself is built along a large river valley, with a lot of towns being built essentially floating on wider portions of the river.

Religion-wise, their pantheon has a small handful of creator gods, and a bunch of minor ones. The ritual involved in becoming their new ruler also involves the elf in question becoming an avatar for one of the minor gods; which one though is highly unpredictable and whether it's a god of knowledge, warfare, fertility, etc tends to have a profound impact on the kingdom's direction for the several hundred years (usually) that elf will be on the throne.
>>
>>79770380
Very hot. See, this is what our GMs should be basing our adventures on.
>>
>>79772128
Fuck I forgot to point out that our adventures should be about getting sucked off, not sucking off entire legions in a single night.
>>
>>79772128
I have no idea how you'd get an adventure out of that situation?
>your party hears a story about the queen of a neighboring kingdom sucking off 4200 men in a single night, wat do?
>>
File: RCO002.jpg (596 KB, 1170x1600)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>79686594
Wisdom
>>
File: aPR47GG_700b.jpg (140 KB, 700x1050)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>79703972
>>79727751
>>
File: DYNspz0WkAEHuZf.jpg (196 KB, 966x1200)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>79775291
>>
File: 81tVOySZUwL.jpg (435 KB, 1714x2560)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>79686529
What about settings/series with Ancient Egyptian mythology in the modern day, like in picture related? Besides the Kane Chronicles, what settings handle this well?

Also, what would be a good explanation as to why the gods didn't stop Ancient Egypt from falling, besides what happened in the Kane Chronicles?
>>
Of course bumpfag is into YA novels.
>>
>>79768310
The heart was the where the soul resided, and upon death, one would have their heart weighed on a scale by Anubis(?) before thoth(?) and other dieties to determine the worth of their soul.
>>
File: KC_Netflix_Promo_art.jpg (198 KB, 803x1012)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>79778454
I read those books when they first came out, so of course I liked YA novels back then.

Also, fun fact, there's a Netflix animated movie series based on the books in the works.
>>
>>79780906
I wonder how they'll manage to cram in diversity points. Egyptian kid is already a minority.

>>79761791
>>79762776
>>79749769
>>79747809
Thank you, all of you. You've helped me really figure out what I want to do with this region of my worldmap. It's an isolated area much like the Nile, but I had been thinking more along the Aztecs. They use the plentiful gold of the mountains, which they believe to be the corpse of a primordial dragon, and graft it into their skin to take on his aspects. So now I'm thinking to make an interesting mix of Nile/Aztec culture where war is ceremonial, rather than the more brutal warfare of Meso-America.
>>
>>79769083
>Bandage elementals
Cool idea, but why would bandages be an "element"? Maybe they're actually mummified elementals? But why mummify an elemental?
>>
>>79783508
The bandages keep the elemental forces in
>>
>>79781638
More details please, it sounds based.

>>79785853
Alright, but how would you keep it restrained long enough to mummify it to begin with?
>>
File: 1c637e_7208013.jpg (157 KB, 850x679)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>79781638
>>79786907
Thread bump so it doesn't die as I type up my response to this guy.
>>
>>79789450
You're talking to bumpfag. He will keep asking one line questions until no more replies can be made. He will not bring anything himself, he will not google anything, he will not remember anything tomorrow.
>>
File: Capture.png (252 KB, 1208x755)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>79786907
So, brief overview of the map before I explain further;
1. Currently known as "Oasen" by our not-Europe. As you can see, it's a more arid area with lighter foliage compared to the south. Desert tot he west and to the east separate them from those land routes.

2. The area south of Oasen is Spritlun. A land of, you guessed it, spirits. Specifically, the race here, the Haechle, have racial animal companions. The ones directly to the south primarily have wolves and large cats. So it's not really civilized enough to be worth trying to conquer.

3. This small circled area is the recently developed trade port between Oasen and Not-Europe. Oasen sailed down the river and found a merchant ship passing this part of the coast (Notably, larger ships that can safely travel ocean routes aren't quite around, yet. So they were close to the coastline.)

So, with the basic geography and geo-political set out, the mountain range that surrounds the area of Oasen is rich in gold and silver, whilst poor in iron. They see the mountains as the literal body of an enormous dead dragon. They take gold and graft it into their skin to become more draconic. Originally, my idea was going to be a number of smaller states in Flower Wars, but now I'm thinking a single larger state with a more ceremonial aspect to it.

This works well with the other defining feature of the region. The people here are infected with a symbiotic parasite that feeds off their natural magic. Without getting too far into the details, the thing actually would provide a lot of benefits... if the local foodstuff didn't suppress their magic, leaving the things unable to grow in power. The moral implications of the whole ordeal is that there's a class of ruler symbiotes that allow control of the lesser ones. This is meant to trick the initial observation into thinking it's a Gaould situation like in StarGate. The rugpull being that they're actually entirely subservient to the host.
>>
>>79789869
As I hit character limit;
The question being whether or not mental domination, even to the effect of "be a better version of you" is moral and should be stopped. Or whether it is acceptable to allow this level of mental control, as it is literally only beneficial.

But, yeah, I think Egyptian influence will fit a lot better. The parasites helping to explain the kingdom's stability. And, now thinking about it, the human sacrifice wouldn't have made sense in that the parasite would, I'd think, disincline killing each other.
>>
>>79707306
Those portraits are amazing. It makes you think how this level of artistic skill was lost for several hundreds of years until the late middle ages.
>>
>>79769052
>Dickwashing
Assuming the deleted post was depicting pic related and casting it as "You wuz dickwashers" that always irritates me as it isn't dick washing but circumcision. Since after all what fucking universe would a slavemaster have a slave grab his arms and restrain him while his dick was being washed. They aren't slaves but are simply older Egyptian men.

>>79758529
Reduces the risk.
>>
>>79790185
>It makes you think how this level of artistic skill was lost for several hundreds of years until the late middle ages.
lmao, no
>>
>>79769083
>>79783508
>>79785853
Sounds like what you really want is some regional variant (or just an updated version) of raggamoffyns.
>>
>>79793177
>raggamommys
>>
>>79790729
>Why would they resort to desperate measures just to get someone to bathe
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>79686529
How did the Ancient Egyptians handle hygiene and medicine? I know that they shaved and wore wigs to deal with lice, but that’s about it.

>>79793177
>raggamoffyns
Never heard of them, but cute. Do you have any more art like this, please?
>>
>>79796280
read nigger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine
>>
>>79736548
Everyone stopped being recruited through traditional theatre and so don't know what fun is
>>
>>79796411
What if we want resources beyond one that literally anyone can edit? There's a reason most teachers refuse to accept it as a sole source, after all.
>>
>>79797298
Then there's sources at the bottom that you explore on your own, you mouthbreather. Or you can try the magical google machine and see where that will land you. Maybe you could even go outside and visit a library if your ape brain can find one.
>>
>>79705013
>>79705902
>>79705994
>>79719732
>>79797028
Sandra Soliman aka bimboubermensch
>>
>>79797028
Faggot
>>
>>79797425
based

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.