[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cursedcity degenerate.png (980 KB, 1080x1080)
980 KB
980 KB PNG
Are you still posting here?
Can you share what happened to cursed city?
>>
>>79009214
Not him, but here's the rub on Cursed City from what I was able to gather

Cursed City was originally supposed to be the next best boxed game, with loads of expansions (that's the Warhammer Fest shit). Now, GW has a lot of investors, many of whom are high profile (e.g. George Soros, believe it or not), and have interests external to GW. Many of them partly own video game companies and stuff for example. This is pretty typical for these sorts of investors
However, GW didn't make it clear to the investors straight away what Cursed City was going to be about. This isn't necessarily abnormal since they're only looking at the balance sheets. However, somebody (and we have no idea who) started making a stink about copyright infringement from Cursed City, probably to do with a video game.
But, rather than go to GW or file a lawsuit, they went directly to the investors. A few of them went absolutely apeshit since they thought GW was leeching off other products and told GW to fuck off. And GW fucking listens to the investors. Rather than risk a lawsuit (even if they could win it), they decided to just shut down Cursed City and ignore it

So that's how Cursed City went the way of the dodo
>>
>>79009625
and who's copyright are they infringing?
>>
>>79009214
you guys need to stop worshiping this intern
>>
>>79009625
>Source: My ass
>>
>>79009864
GW's price has remained stable, even going up slightly since the last round of dividends.
Therefore we can conclude that the investors don't have a problem with the death of Cursed City. By contrast, if it were the logistics issue that Vince et al. keep suggesting, then the shareholders would have dumped the stock. Similarly, the notion that GW is keeping silent because it is publicly traded also doesn't add up: the shareholders will get an explanation, assuming that they haven't already.
That said, I'm not certain that >>79009625 is right to suggest it's a copyright issue. That's something that GW could take public to the community. The hard silence would instead suggest that investor's have pushed GW to take action that would cause discontent within the community.
They probably came up with a more exploitative way to nickel and dime their customer base.
>>
>>79009625
sure... that's exactly how it happened
>>
>>79009625
I hear that tossed around a lot, what kind of source is there for the copyright infringement
>>
>>79009625
as humorous as the idea of GW shutting down an entire product range because of a false DMCA is, I call bullshit on this. Whats your source?
>>
>>79010016
His source?
>trust me bro
>>
>>79009214
CC was a shit game anyways.
>>
>>79010016
>Whats your source?
Deduction.
There are only a handful of options that can explain how GW has been behaving.
The reason for Cursed City getting axed is
1) something that they really don't want the community to know
2) something that hasn't caused investors to lose sell off
>>
>>79009625
>Throws in the Soros boogeyman to get all the /pol/ posters on his side

Lol, tryhard
>>
>>79010186
>to lose faith, triggering a sell off
ftfm
>>
>>79009792
>>79009625

>Rather than risk a lawsuit (even if they could win it)
wtf from who would they risk a lawsuit?
i dont see what copyright they would be infringing
>>
>>79010186
So rather than simply deducing supply issues due to brexit/covid you went to a full on conspiracy? Take your meds faggot
>>
File: admech bf.jpg (88 KB, 440x439)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>79009625
>>
>>79010905
>issues due to brexit/covid
Were that the case, GW would have made a public announcement stating as much.
It's a cause beyond their control which could be used to garner sympathy with the end consumers. It might make some people angry, but it'd put a stop to the rampant speculation. Instead they're trying to damnatio memoriae the game.
The reason for Cursed City getting axed is bad enough for public relations that GW would rather have the community speculate than provide confirmation of any proposed theory.
>>
>>79011214
I don't think that's necessarily true. I think even with the supply there are reasons that they wouldn't want to look bad and come out and say that they planned badly for this whole cursed city thing. Maybe once upon a time they would have, but recent big investors decide that's not the approach they want to take now.

These explanations aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, and I would guess that there are multiple factors that led to GW doing what they did/are doing. Not to imply that there isn't shenanigans going on.
>>
do we even know it is axed for good?
>>
>>79011854
they pulled all the material from the website and haven't said anything yet
I'd assume it'll be back once the UK printing situation is resolved, but if they don't say anything this week it's probably dead
>>
>>79011977
>chad
https://ageofsigmar.com/cursed-city/
>>
>>79011646
You're overlooking the fact that passing the buck on brexit/covid is a good way to score cheap political points.
>It's not our fault... [politician we don't like] is!
>Support us by raising some rabble to get [law we don't like] repealed!
>>
>>79009214
Just a meaningless anon here, but my 2 bitcoins here say they axed the line because they didn't think this through. GW has a lot of plates spinning, and with their focus on 9th edition 40k, age of sigmar mainline, as well as their return to old world (in addition to all the video game ip's they are spreading wide with), they probably changed their mind on cursed city feeling it off as a one shot tribute to Mordheim and nothing more than that.
It's a shame, but didn't affect me. I wanted it to be old world, not age of sigmar, so I wasn't going to buy anyways. But it sucks a lot of anons got the ol flim flam from GW
>>
>>79009214
The explanation that I heard was that they were printing the acutal like... board game parts (Tokens, boards, Rulebooks, Cards, ETC) in china and cause of some tariff bullshit the cost to get that shit actually imported changed so that the box wasn't actually profitable anymore and they had to axe any further prodcution, but sold what they had anyways to try and recoup losses. This isn't the second time that printing shit in china has fucked them over since one of the army books for AoS got delayed by like, 3-4 months because of issues, and apparently GW is so sick of it that they bought a bunch of land in the UK so they can just fucking build their own printing house.
>>
>>79009214
I have some inside information as my LGS owner is high up the chain in American GW. The factories are printing overtime already without another boxed game. They couldn't support the load. The push for ever more models is killing them because they can't expand under current government regulation. Might get better might not.
>>
>>79009756
I think the Vyrkos Blood-born may be edging too close to infringing on the copyright of Bloodborne, mixed with the Victorian/gothic aesthetic

Which is bullshit because "blood born" describes illnesses
>>
>>79018883
GW is outright running out of models and has all but said as much. At the start of covid GW expected to sell fewer models as people tightened their belts. Sales not only increased but increased in weird areas they didn't plan for. They also turned production to some supplies for covid stuff. MTO Indomitus then fucked them again. The GW warehouses are running on empty and they are struggling to get models out and are cutting where they can.

There is a plan in the works after lockdown fully ends to see if any competitors go under and outright double production floorspace.
>>
>>79009214
I can't believe someone actually screencapped this obviously fake bait
>>
>>79020067
There was an entire thread on it where someone claiming to be a GW intern answered questions. GW doesn't employ interns.
>>
>>79010199
ok, faggot
>>
>>79020771
Do you check under your bed for Soros at night?
>>
>>79010199
>only /pol/ doesn't like soros
>>
>>79020807
Soros is an absurdly wealthy man with a ton of investments. Him having a stake in GW isn't unbelievable. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bezos or Elon or even Bill Gates owned apart of GW themselves. They obviously have money in vidya.
>>
>>79021234
If you actually look at what he spends his money on, he's only exceptional among the rich for the rate of pissing away money on feel-good political crap. He's far less effective as a political manipulator than less publicly opinionated rich people.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.