[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tsundere Shark Edition

>UA: Draconic Options
https://media.wizards.com/2021/dnd/downloads/UA2021-DraconicOptions.pdf

>5e Trove
https://thetrove.is/Books/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons%20%5Bmulti%5D/5th%20Edition%20%285e%29/

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Stable releases
https://get.5e.tools/

>Resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:>>78999365

Tell me about THAT GIRL in your group.
>>
>>79003315
Why did they fuck up ravenloft?
>>
>>79003315
There are no girls in my group.
>>
>>79003315
>Tell me about THAT GIRL in your group.
>Always makes some timid and physically weak character, often with low Con and keeps "roleplaying" illness or something to that effect
>Almost always picks a class that can heal, or Warlock.
>Constantly tries to charm the party and get special treatment to the point where it starts being a question of why she is even brought along for the dangerous missions.
>>
File: 1513990072045.png (62 KB, 409x386)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
First time DM'ing after being inspired by our actual DM. Im currently working on a huge city and i want the party to have some fun lesiure stuff to do thats not life threatening. Idea's Competitions/events or even interesting places to chill at would be great.
>>
>>79003315
in my previous campaign both girls were great, the rogue it was her first time playing but was very clever and was able to plan her moves quickly and effectively even when we got to tier 4 levels. the other was a ancient paladin that did the standard munchkin PAM+Sentinel cheese so she put in work too
>>
>>79003315
I have one group with no female players but one female character. So far, she is just a man with tits. But she is a manipulative Eloquence Bard so she may turn to the classic femme fatale at any time.

My other group is actually all female players with all but one female characters. They are all fine so far, but the annoying part is there is one girl who continuously has scheduling problems and if she doesn't show up to play, no one wants to play that week. Like the lynchpin of their little clique. Rather than say she can't make it, she'll say all week that she'll try to make it right up until an hour before the session and then make contact super apologetically. This has happened 3 times now.

But honestly, that one's not terrible. We're all adults with busy schedules. It happens.

In my shadowrun group I had before this one though, I had a girl who was the craziest powergamer I have ever seen. She knew the ins and outs of that system intimately. Her husband and the other two guys in my game were helpless compared to her Elf Shaman Infiltrator. It was kind of alright in actual play though, because she was EXTREMELY clever in how she approached any job in-game and also decent and mobilizing the guys in the group as her "distractions".
>>
>want to play a goliath huge daddy rune knight
>realize that rune knights will never become actual giants
Why didn't they make the size shifting at will and toggleable instead of 1min at high levels? Not like anyone plays there and wouldn't be broken at all.
>>
>>79003315
One girl in my main/ IRL group, she's the usual DM's girlfriend but she's generally pretty chill, "one of the lads" etc. Plays simple classes (Barb, Sorc) and generally likes roleplaying more than combat.
>>
>>79003533
You can become an actual giant in Icewind Dale if you do the right things.
>>
>>79003315
Been a long while since I played d&d don’t know and can’t remember what you kids have changed
But What’s the best way to implement race as class in d&d?
>>
File: 1611816783404m.jpg (33 KB, 1024x576)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>79003315
About what you'd expect.
>waste hours shopping for useless garbage
>get mad and act out when they aren't getting attention
>disagreeing with them in any capacity is treated as grievous insult and they respond with passive-aggressive behavior
>main character syndrome
>literally incapable of being quiet for a full minute
>expects to get away with tons of bullshit because 'muh vagina'
>definitely got away with tons of bullshit because 'muh vagina'
>sex is the answer to every problem
>if you encounter any animal that's 30 minutes to an hour spent trying to tame or pet it

It was a handful. Left that group pretty quick after.
>>
Anyone got a good map ressource? Ideally one with some good and cozy 10x10ft maps. I need some for my Genie lamp.
>>
>>79003746
>What’s the best way to start a shitty argument over nothing
Just don't, you retard. If you can't stand that sometimes elves are clerics and dwarves are paladins then just use a different system.
>>
File: D&D 5e Tiers.png (842 KB, 1216x1185)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
>>79003782
>What’s the best way to start a shitty argument over nothing
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>79003772
Like an interior of a lamp?
>>
>>79003847
This one is supposed to be how much the subclass improves on the base class, right?
>>
>>79003847
Does this retard not know how to color code and alphabetize?
>>
>>79003847
>Vengeance Paladin
>>
>>79003847
>divine soul same tier as clockwork sorc
>>
>>79003866
If possible, but any 10 by 10 neatly packed room would work, honestly.
>>
File: 1617355653218.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>79003847
Good to know others understand my tier list is the objectively correct one
>>79003934
Between echo and totem
>>
Has anybody used the ghosts of saltmarsh ship rules?
Are they any good, easy to use? My players want to buy a ship
>>
>>79004000
>>79003772
I'm a retard, I obviously mean a 20x20 room. I somehow misremembered it to be 10x10.
>>
>>79004031
Your tier list doesn't have the Vengeance Paladin, it can't be the correct one.
>>
>>79004047
read them and find out
>>
>>79003878
80% that, 20% class as a whole. thats why there isnt any monk or rogue at the top
>>
>any paladin
>below battlerager and astral self
y'all tripping
even a subclassless pally destroys both of these
>>
File: 1554096913891.jpg (49 KB, 767x1041)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
What is the best location in the Forgotten Realms for gathering different avatars and talking about philosophy and worldviews? I do not like the sigil because of the entourage, I want an esoteric and mysterious atmosphere.
>>
>>79003678
How the fuck does that happen? Someone true polymorphs you?
>>
>>79004143
Write your own setting
>>
>>79004000
>>79004052
If you've got some ideas I could make one later maybe
>>
>>79003847
>totem warrior above ancestral guardian
My brother!
Having spirit animal friends is much more fun and flavorful than being such a limpwrist you need dead boomers to fight for you
>>
File: 1618809002715.png (1.49 MB, 1064x1292)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>
>>79004155
Well, not an actual giant, but properly giant-sized, permanently.
>>
>>79003315
That girl? Several times I played with a girl who constantly drunk during adventures, played tobaxi and tried to seduce the NPC. Moreover, she knew the rules and played well, but often created cringe situations. Sometimes she began to attack the peasants spontaneously.
>>
For me, it's the 40 subclasses from the PHB.
>>
>>79004195
A lot of those subclasses are poop, though.
>>
>>79004183
When you right, you right.
>>
>>79004183
b8
>>
>>79004183
It's true.
>>
>>79004185
Holy shit I NEED to know this
>>
>>79004129
ive said before i could probably bump watchers because of the proficiency scaling initiative. glory paladin is the most gigachad subclass but their CDs are meh and other abilities and spells are just ok. grappling is good but not incredible.
>>
>>79004183
Samurai is a good choice actually.
>>
>>79004174
I've played both and said both are good, totem being more versatile wins out
>>79004183
Kinda based
>>
>>79004185
Ah, I though it was permanent, but

>Vlagomir's spark: You gain 1 foot of height every hour and become proportionately heavier until you stand 21 feet tall and weigh 7,700 pounds. When you are 9 feet tall, your Strength becomes 19 unless it is already higher. For every 3 additional feet of height you gain, your Strength increases by 1, to a maximum of 23. Armor and clothing you are wearing and weapons you are carrying magically increase in size to match your growth. If you are the recipient of a greater restoration spell or similar magic, this charm vanishes from you, and you immediately shrink back to normal size, along with any armor, clothing, and weapons in your possession.
>>
>>79003451
brothel
>>
File: 159254649212.png (221 KB, 458x525)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>79004388
>>
>>79003451
Chekhov's gun. If it's not important, don't include it.
>>
>>79004291
>>79004174
Totem is too specialized, on the contrary. Ancestral Guardians is more versatile and stronger because it works on any creature that makes attack rolls. Which is basically fucking every creature.
>>
>>79004486
>get 5 options for features at each step
>specialized

>don't get options for features each step
>versatile
>>
>>79004486
>ok you have resistance against almost every single damage type
>sorry sir this is too limiting for me
>>
>>79004052
I had to look that shit up, because 20x20ft sounds fucking insane.
>Bottled Respite. As an action, you can magically vanish and enter your vessel, which remains in the space you left. The interior of the vessel is an extradimensional space in the shape of a 20-foot-radius cylinder, 20 feet high, and resembles your vessel
I pictured this as a small little room you could tuck away in. 20ft RADIUS is fucking 12 diameter wide, or fucking 115 square metres. What the actual fuck. Most apartments doesn't reach anywhere close to that size.

>20 feet high
That's 6 fucking metres to the ceiling. You could easily make a loft in there for even more space.

>neatly packed room

What the fuck do you need in there for it to be neatly packed? An entire library, a crafting station, a bedroom, a bathtub and a guest room for each of your party members once you are allowed to bring them in there? Holy fuck.
>>
>>79003315
I actually play with several girls and they're all good players. One ends up doing monster races a lot, but the group makes it work
One of the girls though insists on DMing sometimes which is nice because I get a break, but I kinda hate playing in her campaigns. It's all more about the lore of her world and the NPCs interactions. In the first one it was a huge soap opera where we went around and showed up right at the end of dramatic events only for someone to tell us who showed up where and did what to who. Now apparently we're halfway through her current campaign but we've been in two fights, neither of much importance, and are still looking for some random NPC we don't know because "he'll know what we should do" so I really have no idea how we're supposed to wrap it up in 5ish sessions
>>
File: 1505179070336.jpg (161 KB, 1242x1172)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>79004667
>1256 sq.ft
>at least $.5M in NYC real estate
Bros how do I become a Genielock in real life
>>
>>79003315
Had one girl in my group. She wasn't very feminine so of course she decided she must be a guy now. I hope she joins the 40% and stops ruining our game.
>>
>>79004499
Anon, having options on character creation is not versatility, or else you could call any class versatile because it could invest that level into any class.

>>79004534
Okay anon, look at it like this:
>When you take enough damage in elemental damage to get the toughest party member to 0, this subclass is relevant
versus
>When an enemy wants to make attack rolls against party members, such that those attacks might bring a squishy party member to 0
which do you think is more relevant more often?
>>
>>79004167
Sounds like my sense of scale it out of whack. I'm European, so I assumed just a few feet would be a small little room, but it sounds like it isn't. So I'm out of ideas to be honest. Thanks for the offer though.

>>79004667
That seems wildly out of proportions, but I guess that does open up a lot of cool options. Might be fun to ask my GM what he would say about me having a small library from my Sage background.

This stumped me a bit. Back to the drawing board.
>>
>>79004047
Used them to refluff into a flying ship, worked pretty well honestly, had the crew help the party against a Roc with the on board ballista.
There are some weird abstractions that might bother you, like why does the crew have to take one of its actions to move the ship, shouldn't the wind push the sails every turn? But otherwise pretty good rules, it also has a good selection of ships to choose from.

But yeah, honestly this: >>79004078
>>
>>79004751
3 ft = 1 yard = 1 metre, anon. 1 lb = 500 g. Stones and ounces, who the fuck cares.
Not technically true, but good enough for all intents and D&D purposes.
>>
>>79003451
If you're gonna start with a sandbox you should probably do an established setting. Sandbox campaigns are rough for first time DMs. But brothels, sports, gambling, and parties are always fin a PC especially if you want to introduce characters to the story.
>>
>>79004047
Unless they want a tiny boat they will have to hire a crew, the ships require a specific amount of sailors to function properly, the less crew you have, the less actions the boat can take, the less speed it has, etc...
>>
>>79004856
Yeah alright, I am not so good with numbers in general, and it didn't really strike me that 20x20x20 in feet was all that much. But I see that was quite the wrong assumption.
>>
help, the homebrewery is not loading
>>
Pleb question from a mentally exhausted DM with very little time to prep:

What other rewards can I put at the end of a dungeon? Besides gold and magic items?

My players just finished up an arc and are kinda loaded at the moment, but they want to do more dungeons until the next arc kicks up.

I am open to suggestions.
>>
>>79005055
unironically a princess trapped in a magic slumber
>>
>>79005055
Friendly(or maybe only pretending to be) NPCs
Some sort of large quantity resource, a vein of gold or some other precious metal, or even salt, that would require a whole ordeal to get workers to mine it and transport it
Magic Drugs that cause wacky hallucinations
A fountain of Wild Magic Juice where consuming forces rolls on (an ideally extended) Wild Magic table
A pet dog
>>
>>79005055
The start of the next arc
>>
>>79004499
Most of Totem's features are kind of uninteresting
Elk is the actual best first choice anyways since having 55ft speed is fucking nice
>>
>>79005142
How is being nusually hairy and thick skinned or having anime glowing yellow eyes uninteresting?
>Totem Spirit
At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or acquire a physical totem object—an amulet or similar adornment—that incorporates fur or feathers, claws, teeth, or bones of the totem animal. At your option, you also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent of your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick-skinned, or if your totem is the eagle, your eyes turn bright yellow.
>>
>>79005055
A broken legendary magic item that you can slowly put pieces of as rewards in the future
A portal to hell
>>
>>79005142
I feel like 40ft is enough most of the time unless you are grappling and dragging a lot or trying to be a skirmisher (but eagle probably does skirmisher better)
>>
>>79005055
Art objects and souveniers they might want to keep, to decorate their HQ.

GP-valued spell components for certain high level spells (eg a tuning fork attuned to another Plane, for the Plane Shift spell) - that is, if you intend for them to get that spell later. Of course, if you entice them with the possibility of being able to use it straight away, they may make it a goal to get that spell anyway.
Note that they would also need a fork attuned to the Prime Material Plane in order to get back home. Otherwise they would have to do a quest just find a portal back to the PMP or the information to make a new tuning fork.

We have a lot of downtime and crafting in our campaign, so we sometimes get rare ingredients that reduce the time/cost of producing (eg) Healing potions and so forth.
Formulas for crafting potions or even specific magic items.
>>
>>79005304
You can never have enough speed
Only stop when you hit the upper limit of how big your DM makes fights
>>
Sword Burst or Thunderclap?
>>
>>79005365
Sword burst. Force damage, plus do you really want to attract enemies from 100 feet away?
>>
>>79005365
Force damage > Thunder damage
Dex save > Con save
>>
File: 1620048111602.jpg (75 KB, 1024x1024)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>79003315
What creature I could use as pic related?
Tought about obelex, but doesnt seem like a fit.
Mind devourer wouldnt fit at all, except for the psychic powers.
Suggestions?
>>
>>79005377
Yes? Else we'd have to go looking for them.
>>
>>79005107
>>79005124
>>79005183
>>79005317
All great ideas, thank you.

>>79005125
Yeah, I tried handing that to the players on a silver platter and they spat in the face of an npc that was their only tie to the main story, which they rescued and then said npc helped them complete the arc. They got up in arms over this npc taking his own spell book back, even though it was already stated it was the npc's and then said npc tried offering them books that related to the main quest and so on and so fourth until welp we only have 2 sessions left until the group goes on a break for a few months. So jump starting anything at this point is not worth the energy. Cunts can just get pulp dungeon crawling for now.
>>
>>79003847
what a shit tier list.
>>
>>79003315
>thread edition
>thread pic
>thread question
Dude, BREATHE OUT!!!
>>
File: Big guys for you.jpg (302 KB, 1080x1349)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
How do I play a Brian Shaw/Hafthor Björnsson type character in 5e?

>almost 7 feet tall
>can deadlift in excess of a thousand pounds

Bonus points if it's some kind of arctic or mountain race/class combination.
>>
>>79005510
???
Barb
????
Goliath
???
Profit?
>>
>>79005510
Goliath fighter unarmed fighting style and get some feats that compliment that asap
>>
>>79005510
goliath grappler fighter
>>
>>79003315
>be me
>THAT girl is DMing
>setting has cat people
>they're all catgirls
>no catboys in sight
>make catboy PC
>????
>profit
>>
>>79005583
So, FFXI mithra?
>>
>>79005657
No, that'd actually be an interesting race, the males are just never mentioned and every catrace named NPC with a description is a girl, or a girl(male)
>>
>>79005583
>make catboy PC
Catboys don't exist, sorry.
>>
>DM is this guy lying or at least being deceptive/avoidant?
>I don’t know? What do you think?
>I think he is but I want to confirm with an insight roll
>you think he’s lying, why do you need to roll? That’s enough
What’s the proper reaction to this stupid response, fucking shit dm handles insight like a dumbass
>>
>>79005769
Based?
>>
Hand crossbow CBE bladesinger. Yes?
>>
>>79005813
fuck no
bladesinger is cancererous enough without you building it optimally and proving why bladesinger should not exist
>>
>>79005813
no.
>>
Just had to quit a fantastic IRL campaign due to Covid risks. Very upset but also annoyed that some people just straight up refuse to try moving online.
>>
>>79005769
So insight is worthless in your games?
>>
>>79005827
>>79005830
I agree with you boys. I hate the reprint and its special extra attack. Was just reading through the features properly and noticed that nothing seems to be stopping you from doing the hand crossbow shit on it, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>79005835
>due to Covid risks
>at the end of the crisis
End permanently? Vaccination shouldn't be more than a few months away, couldn't you guys just pick up afterwards?
>>
>>79005835
>tfw our IRL session is about to begin any minute now
>>
>>79003847
Please explain to me how order of scribes is S-tier.
I genuinely want to understand.
>wizardly quill makes you copy spells faster
rarely relevant because you usually copy spells in a safe town
>awakened spellbook
Fills a similar purpose as Chromatic Orb, but with restrictions.
Dependent on whether your DM is cool with your character knowing a bunch of resistances/weaknesses or considers it metagaming. Faster rituals only once per long rest so I guess I get to cast Alarm once without holding up the party? But I usually cast it before we go to sleep anyway.
>Manifest Mind
You can get creative with this, but I just don't see opportunities for this coming up very often. Am I missing something? Am I thinking inside the box too much?
>anything else
Irrelevant because campaigns die before hitting level 10
>>
File: 1548958518376.png (68 KB, 210x146)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>No new magic items in Guide to Ravenloft
>>
>>79005854
The original bladesinger was optimal with hand crossbow, too.
>>
File: sheevenlookslikethis.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>79003315
so many, some I DM for some play with:
>never wanted to fight wrote everything down IRL and IC but never shared any of that information
>played champion fighter and was rude as fuck to every NPC
>basically Marisha in every way still best grill player ever (that's actually pretty fucking depressing)
>IRL psycho (luckily only a one shot)
>played druid to 4th level and didn't know what wildshape was
>played low level druid and would wildshape back to human form to tell the party how she felt about something mid battle
>played my PC is my mini and I don't know anything because the DM is my fiance (actually fun as fuck to play with)
>my boyfriend plays so I play (largely unremarkable)
>18 sessions in has bought dice phb and the DM gave spell cards (which she deals out) but she still doesn't know what advantage is, how to read the cards in front of her, WHAT her channel divinity is, how it works, picks up damage die when asked to make an attack roll, doesn't know what saves are

50% of them would still pick up a d12 for a d20 after years
70% of them take more than minutes to decide their turn more often than not
most of them crowd source their decisions and one almost rage quit when I told her (kindly) to shit or get off the pot because other players disagreed about what she should do on a turn

god damn I've had a lot of female players some long term but the marisha clone (right down to can't add for shit) being the best is really depressing.

didn't count my wife who only ever sat in on a 4e one shot.
>>
>>79005999
>I am uncreative and need others to think for me
>>
>>79005769
the proper reaction is to realize he is right and you are wrong. also what did he say when you talked to him about it outside of the session?
>>
>>79005527
>>79005531
>>79005532
Alternatively any medium race that could beliebably get close to 7ft and bear totem barb
>>
>>79006056
>whole setting WoTC couldn't be assed
>somehow my fault
>>
>>79006056
Oh fuck off, it's a glaring omission & you know it
>>
>>79005999
official magic items are mostly shit anyway
>>
>>79006130
>>79006116
The magic items in Ravenloft are already in CoS, which is the only reason to play in Ravenloft anyway. The entire setting literally only exists for Strahd. If you want magic items for your non-cos game just make them.
>>
File: you.png (1.93 MB, 1440x1443)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>79006158
>>
>>79006178
Barovia was LITERALLY, not figuratively, created specifically for Strahd.
>>
File: 1620092282149.png (4.4 MB, 2000x1364)
4.4 MB
4.4 MB PNG
post your favourite books
>>
>>79006201
this is no reason not to have magic items in the new book and literally in no way relevant to their absence.

or are you arguing it's some kind of sacred cow there be no more items in barovia than what are listed in strahd?
>>
On one hand, I hate how much people in the general 5e fanbase love sucking strahd's (and the entire CoS module's) dick
On the other hand, strahd autism running so deep you're bound to find a homebrew with vampire loli "uhhmmm akshually she's 1000 years old" strahd is hilarious
>>
File: favorites.jpg (14 KB, 276x183)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>79006220
uh, okay?
>>
File: The-Righteous-Mind.jpg (2.23 MB, 3024x4032)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>79006220
>>
>>79006220
Tbh I really enjoyed Xanathars and Tasha's
>>
>>79006229
Why should they put items in it? Just because?
>>
Is van richtor's guide actually leaked? Why isn't it on the trove?
>>
>>79006292
yes. just because it is always nice to have new magic items, especially utilitarian ones.
>>
>>79006328
Just make them. You don't need crawfish to think for you.
>>
>>79006220
Waterdeep
Xanathar's
Yawning Portal
Wildemount
>>
>>79006316
Its table of contents was put on twitter.
>>
>>79005459
Ultroloth, maybe?
>>
>>79003482
>me and one other dude
>three girls
>overall pleasant experience except one of them is a low-key SJW

I've had to put her in her place a couple times when she tried to act like was oppressing her, luckily DM had my back and she literally got so mad at being called out she started crying.

She's actually not that bad, and besides me is the best roleplayer, but every now and then she goes full toxic.
>>
File: 1580234090495.jpg (131 KB, 828x818)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>79005827
>bladesinger is cancererous enough without you building it optimally and proving why bladesinger should not exist
>without you building it optimally
>optimal
>Bladesinger CBE
>>
File: dic.png (1.61 MB, 1014x1307)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
What do you guys think of this spell list?
>>
>>79006535
Yes. You get to be a wizard that uses CBE Sharpshooter for 3 attacks with 16.5 or more damage.
>>
>>79006535
It is optimal. You get all the nice bonuses of being a bladesinger without having to be a stinky smelly melee cuck.
>>
Would it be too broken if there was a consolation prize for getting extra attack when you already have it? Something like +1 to hit with weapons or a free fighting style
>>
>>79006556
>>79006566
You are also a fucking wizard who should not be wasting his turn shooting a shitty 1d6 hand crossbow at shit. Just go Fighter if that's what you want, especially if you want to include ANOTHER feat in that clusterfuck of a MAD character you are going for.
>>
>>79005476
>>79005124
To build on the resource idea, I did something like this by placing a Mana Pool at the end. In summary the players can recharge spell slots there, or enchant magical items in under a day but it takes a while to recharge. If they really want to, they can just absorb all the magic from it giving them options.

Caused an interesting RP fight because they were split on what to do.
>>
>>79006579
>multiclassers should just get everything all the time for free
Fuck off. If you want to multiclass then you have to pay the fucking toll.
>>
File: Mana pool.pdf (67 KB, PDF)
67 KB
67 KB PDF
>>79006602
Well I'm a retard. Here is the actual mana pool PDF
>>
>>79006598
>bro 10 minute adventuring day just blow all your spell slots every combat and then sleep
>>
>>79006579
Multiclassing is already a buff to the people who put a modicum of thought into it, it doesn't need an additional boost in my eyes.

Would it be broken? Very possibly, since Fighting Styles can be very powerful, from Archery to Defence, and a flat +1 to hit with everything would be a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>79006220
The New Testament.

>>79006248
"Beauty is power and elegance, right action, form fitting function, intelligence, and reasonability. And very often expressed in curves."
I've only read the first one though. Was pretty good.
>>
>>79006637
>Oh no, I have to spend a whole 10 minutes casting Tiny Hut to get a free long rest, how awful.
>>
>>79006734
>his DMs dont have roving monster parties with dispel magic
>>
>>79006546
>Outer Discipline
Patient Defense thing should read "as a reaction to being attacked by a creature that you can see" for uniformity.
No such thing as free action. Should just say "without any action required" or something similar like other similar abilities do.
>Inner Discipline
Should say something like "you can use flurry of blows using the same reaction".
The deflect missile assumes mechanics 5e doesn't really use, like tracking where ranged attacks pass through.
>Ki refinement
What ranged attacks? Ripping off your fist and throwing it at people? Should specify that it applies to weapon attacks.
>Ki mastery
Again, no free action in 5e.
One spell of your choice just gives the monk a wish or a meteor swarm, is that really intended?

4/10, I get the idea but the features are rather bland with only the level 3 feature acting as a unique mechanical and flavor feature. Otherwise it is just monk v2 so I didn't even bother reading the spells.
>>
File: 40550556_p0.png (309 KB, 680x680)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>78999504
My group has taken to the idea of doing their shopping between games when we end a session in a safe place. The DM lists out the things that can easily be found in the area and the players do the math before the next session, or message him about specific stuff.
Completely eliminated any unnecessary haggling and everyone gets to spend the full session playing.
>>
>>79006546
I don't get why what looks to be a monk+ even gets spells. A bit inconsistent with some of them having 1st and 2nd level ones while others get just cantrips, but I suppose none of them are really broken. Do you get upcasting?

>Level 17
Why do you give Monks access to Wish (which is the only spell you'd ever want to use with this unless you want another 9th level spell) with no indication of casting limits or anything else of the sort. Are we meant to assume it uses the same rules as earlier? I don't get where this one fits in thematically either.

Also Flurry of Blows specifically refers to both your action and bonus action, saying that you can "apply it to your opportunity attacks" literally doesn't mean anything because you make those an off turn reaction. You need to be more explicitly with what you actually mean? Do I get to expend ki to immediately make 2 more attacks? Do I make the attacks with my next bonus action and the reaction just replaces the action part?
>>
>>79006546
There's no indication of if upcasting is allowed.
Some spell optoins are far stronger than others. Getting Pass Without Trace and Gift of Alacrity Together (With Gift of Alacrity being on SHORT RESTS) is just straight up better shadow monk. But apparently that isn't enough because you have a separate progression to give them even more spells as they level up independent of their subclass features, because apparently you get better tanking abilities at 6 and ... Fucking ranged stuns? The only thing that incentivizes monk to go into melee aside from 'you get shitty BA attack' (and even then you can BA attack with throws)?

I think this would be really cool (minus ranged stunning strike) if all monks got shit like this that improved their base features. It's not bad and it's not 'super' strong (there are times I'd still rather be a shadow mo nk) but overall it's better than the other monks and should come with a package to improve all monks' base features.

Also yeah, no 'free action' shit.
>>
>monks are connected to the astral plane and all that mind&life energy shit
>no psychic damage immunity, no charm and fear immunity beyond the very weak stillness of mind
>>
>New guy to the table
>Tell him I run mostly RAW, so whatever he wants to do within the limits of the rules is fine, but most of the people limit themselves a lot.
>Start level 5 as he is introduced to the party
>He makes a CBE+SS Fighter
>Try to inquire a bit about the character, but there is apparently nothing. Just a fighter dude who likes adventuring.
>Get into combat, and he starts slinging around 3 shots per turn
>10 combat rounds later, I ask how much ammunition he has
>"What? Uhh.... 20"
>Okay.jpg
>Count the shots, and after 20 shots more, without ever stating anything about finding his bolts, tell him he is out of ammunition
>"What the fuck, I wasn't told we were using ammunition!"
>They let him backtrack and gather as many of the bolts they can. Using the quick and dirty "break on a 1+2 on a d6", so he gets back most of it
>Gets super pissy about it, but the Rogue player says he is keeping track of his arrows too, so he accepts it
>I start keeping track, as it is pretty clear he isn't, even when I keep telling him to remember to remove it from his sheet
>Next session he no-shows, and then sends a message about how I'm a shit GM for making them "micromanage EVERYTHING", when all I asked for was that he kept an eye on his ammunition
I should probably just have said no the second he told me he was making a CBE+SS character with no personality or background, shouldn't I?
>>
>>79006932
>the very weak stillness of mind
auto ending it is literally the second best thing to just being immune
>>
>>79006546
I'd personally recommend that you make the learnable spells uniform, since the various combinations have different levels of spells, like how Warding Bond and Web are both 2nd level, while Mending and Identity are a cantrip and a 1st level spell respectively, so the power gap is quite severe.

Also, I'd recommend limiting the level of the spell you learn at 17th level, since you can just choose Wish and get every single other spell of 8th level or lower with it, even though it costs more ki.
>>
File: 1114799951311106048.png (738 KB, 1024x903)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
Reminder that Gift of Alacrity is, on a 4 combat adventuring day, 0.6 free turns (+ not only getting to choose if you want to increase your initiative or not but the benefits of going early in initiative). Of course it's a very swingy thing but it's unironically one of the best level 1 spells if you're at the point where you have resources to spare on it. Cast it just 4 times and it's like a Time Stop but better in every way.

I'm not saying to ban it but just to remember that +1 initiative is roughly +3.5% chance per encounter to get a turn you otherwise wouldn't get.
>>
>>79007000
A bunch of charm/fear effects don't let you use your action, by a bunch i mean "the fuck-you-and-your-party-up" ones
>>
>>79006704
>Multiclassing is already a buff to the people who put a modicum of thought into it
90% of multiclasses will outright weaken you, with how much they do so increasing more and more as time goes on. Your "thought" needs to pretty much be following well known internet meme builds, otherwise you're not doing anything strong ESPECIALLY if you're taking two different martials with extra attack to level 5. Far from optimal.
>nce Fighting Styles can be very powerful, from Archery to Defence
Fighting style wouldn't be that strong. They're available as a feat that's not even that good/desirable, and if you're multiclassing two extra attack martials you almost definitely already have the one benefits you the most. Don't think anyone's ever thought Champion fighter to be broken because it gets a second fighting style
>>
>>79006937
I dont get what a player like who plays a CBE+SS Fighter even wants out of the game. Its literally the most one-dimensional, boring playstyle in the whole game. Nothing is ever out of range, cover doesnt matter, there is not tactical thinking you have to do at all. You just stand around, roll 2-5 attacks per round depending on level, and maybe decide to add +10 damage to some of them.
>>
>>79007024
name 3
>>
>>79006937
Managing ammo is retarded because you can just buy a truckload of it and forget about it. Nobody wants to track every single shot and deduct numbers each time.

However, CBESS is the most cancerous thing in the game for everyone. It's the most boring thing you can possibly do. Don't even bother asking the DM to put you on the map, just choose an enemy each turn and remove it from the map. That's your character. Have fun.
>>
>>79006932
>very weak stillness of mind
I don't typically play monks but whenever I play a martial that isn't paladin I'd kill for a way to end charm and fear. I'd rather lose one action than all my combat turns.
>>
>>79006937
>"What the fuck, I wasn't told we were using ammunition!"
If I was told by a DM that he used ammunition I would just leave. Who gives a shit about crossbow bolts when the warlock has infinite eldritch blasts?
>>
>>79007062
Dominate person, hypnotic pattern, aboleth charm, fear spell, etc
>>
>>79007062
Crown of Madness
Hypnotic Pattern
Dominate Person
>>
>>79007074
You should kill for understanding how useless the "take an action" trigger is when pretty much all the important charm/fear effects don't let you use one.
>>
>>79007097
Stillness of Mind 100% beats Dominate Person RAI.
>>
>>79003361
Place don't say more. The wotc shill will start raving about how much better the nuRaveloft-battle-royal is...
>>
>>79007033
I don't even care about builds. Some people just want to have a good cookie-cutter combat build, so they can focus more on other things than being useful in combat. That's fine.

I just don't get why you'd do THAT, and the not put any other thought into it. That's when I get confused about what the fuck they are even here for.

>>79007068
Perhaps, but the idea is that it is not an infinite ressource, and I do go with "keep it sensible". You aren't carrying 200 bolts anywhere. You can easily carry two quivers of, what, 48 or something? That's fine, but it IS a ressource.

>>79007091
By this logic, who cares about low level spell slots? Just let the wizard cast fireball every round. Melee has infinite attacks too. I don't see a reason to just ignore the rules when they take oh so little effort to maintain, and really shouldn't be much of a problem unless you really intend on hyperpowergaming. Carry a shortsword for when you run out.
>>
>>79007159
>By this logic, who cares about low level spell slots?
Oh, I get it, you're a retard.
>>
>>79007148
>don't try to break out of this spell
Done

Also you only nitpicked the charm/fear immunity part, they should still get psychic damage resistance/immunity and maybe a better way to navigate the astral plane because INTscorex3 doesn't cut it.
>>
>>79007159
i track ammo too, also use a slightly modified variant encumbrance so carrying around a gajillion ammo isnt an option, its really not that hard to just have some spare ammo as well as a melee weapon in case you run out
>>
>>79007182
>they should still get psychic damage resistance/immunity
Not really? No more than a wizard should get it. Do they even have a connection to the astral plane outside of that one high level ability?
>>
>>79007248
Their whole flavor is that they're bootleg psychics except they use their mind to power their body with wuxia inspired mind/life energy
>>
>>79007248
Also you can't just ignore that ability because it's "weird" to you. It exists. It makes monks connected to the astral plane. It implies they might always have been connected to it. That is enough
>>
>>79007277
>e bootleg psychics
But they're not actually psychic though? I don't get why they should specifically get psychic resistance
>>
>>79007322
>But they're not actually psychic though?
They can understand all spoken languages, shake off mental influences by spreading their asscheeks, and eventually teleport to the mind plane by doing yoga. I don't know, that seems enough connection to me, and that you're in denial of it.
>>
>>79007300
Never said it was weird, never said I was ignoring it. It's one ability that many monks never even reach which YOU are extrapolating to mean it as entirely core part of their identity for some reason. It's clearly built off of the real world idea of Astral Projection which comes with the whole "mastery of mind/ascended state" territory, rather than some innate astral plane connection that's never again mentioned.
>>
>>79006797
>wording corrections
Appreciate it. Makes sense.
>ranged pass-through
I think pass-through is mentioned in the warding wind spell.
>wish, meteor swarm
Yeah I suppose it's not very thematic.
Just wanted something dummy strong for level 17.
>bland, didnt read
Feelsbad.

>>79006877
>cantrips, 1st, 2nd
Yeah its mostly just to introduce more ki options, that was the entire goal of the brew. That and strengthen what was already present.
>upcasting?
Yes, ki points equal to spells level, and yes that means you can drop 9th level burning hands at level 9.
>17, wish
Yeah I debated over adding that line, seems I'll need to remove it.
>action economy/wording
I will fix it, ty.

>>79006917
>upcasting
I thought it was implicitly allowed, I'll make it more clear.
>better than other monks
Yeah that was a goal, considering their crippled base class.
>if all monks got this
It's funny you mention that, I asked specifically about the spell list in my post because I was considering cannibalizing it and just adding it to what tools can do in my campaign, on a long rest cooldown.

I suppose I could then just add this monks features to the base class in that same campaign.
>>
>>79007159
Non-minmaxed combat builds can't do shit outside of combat except for like... bashing down doors.
>but roleplay
Stormwind fallacy. Everyone can roleplay.
>but in my table the fighter has X
DM fiat doesn't mean anything. If you deliberately contort the game to preserve a specific playstyle you can't pretend you're playing the same game as everyone else
>>
>>79007348
>I don't know, that seems enough connection to me, and that you're in denial of it.
That's a "you" problem, not a "him" problem.
The astral projection thing is dumb and pointless anyway.
>>
>>79007405
>autism
>>
>>79007025
I don't feel like multiclassing is as difficult as you make it out to be, to be honest. The good options stand out quite a bit, especially with some classes like Fighter or Warlock.

And to the second bit, I do actually think that Champions are quite nice overall, even though they are a bit underwhelming compared to most subclasses, but the option of getting any Fighting Style is still quite significant in my eyes, since you could get stuff like Close-Quarters Shooting, or something like that. The difference between 2 and 3 FS's isn't absolutely immense, but it is significant enough to make me hesitate giving it out
>>
>>79007005
>uniform spells levels
I think that would be impossible, there's just not enough thematically to cover the tools. My autism is triggered as much as yours, I assure you.
>wish
Yeah that skill is getting the axe.
>>
File: Swordmage_Spells.pdf (3.11 MB, PDF)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PDF
I added more spells
>>
>>79007159
If you want to track ammo, use an actual mechanic.
One suggestion I've seen is something like a psionic die:
>You have an 'ammo' die
>Every time you use ammo (personally I'd recommend only at the end of a turn where you use ammo) you roll the die
>If the die is a '1' result, ammo is depleted - decrease the die by one size (1d12 -> 1d10 -> 1d8 -> etc)
>Flavor it however you want - Good results mean opportunities to retrieve ammo and being well-prepared, bad results mean lots of rapid-fire shots or ammo that broke
>Replenish the die fully whenever you're in town, or a bit with survival skills in the wild
>>
>>79007481
>multiclassing is as difficult
It's not that it's "difficult" it's that there's a set list of options you need to follow if you want it to be remotely strong or OP, everything outside of that is on par with or below single classed options. There's very few multiclasses that are legitimately strong enough to warrant any more concern than an optimised single classer.
> Close-Quarters Shooting
Eh, if a DM wants to hand out the really strong dead UA fighting styles, I'd say waiting 10 levels for it when you could remain single classed and just take it as a feat or simply take 1-2 levels in fighter/paladin/ranger should probably get it. You're doing the same thing you could otherwise do but taking far longer and losing far more to do it.
>>
>>79007438
Not an argument. Keep coping
>>
>>79007507
One might say that completing your class definition is more important than its custom spells.

>>79007588
Why would I go for an abstraction like that, instead of just... tracking ammunition?
>>
Hilario Fighter

lvl 3
You deal 5x damage to objects, and can make an attack action against an inanimate object not being worn by a creature by using 10 feet of movement.

Mentally Challenged.
You can challenge any number of creatures that can see or hear you to a DUEL outside of combat, if you do, you and those creatures fight in a mental what-if, acting as though combat were actually occuring, but no damage or effects linger when it ends. The duel ends if the player or the creatures are knocked out, or yield.
Grant bonuses to the creatures, or players, depending on their demeanor/belief in another's skills.

Winning a duel causes the creatures to hold you in higher regard, or become more afraid, or another context based outcome.

lvl 7
Kaioken / Greater action surge
Take 1d10+con damage and gain an additional action and bonus action. Stacks with action surge. Gain two levels of exhaustion, and deal an additional 2d10 damage to yourself every time you use this feature after this first time.

lvl 10
Insano
-2 AC, you can use the attack action as a free action with your offhand weapon when two weapon fighting.
>>
>>79007588
that just seems like such an unnecessary abstraction when you are making an actual concrete number of shots at all times, its not like some attacks are multishots and others arent, each attack roll is one shot. Just subtract one ammo per shot dude
>>
>>79007677
go back to wechat, chang
>>
>>79007507
Idk what type of feedback you're looking for but uh I mean I'd allow these in my game
>>
No wonder fighters dump int all the time they're too dumb to even do 40-2 at the end of their turn lmfao
>>
>>79007507
>scramblin8
found the dvorak user
>>
>>79007713

Rogue Subclass
Kyle, of the invincible Sin

lvl 3
As a bonus action, you can hide between sunbeams, rays of light, or the intangible darkness.

You can choose to make a blue steel towards an enemy that is aware of your existence in place of an attack. Make a contested charisma skill check of performance. If you win, that enemy is sneak attacked and off balance. If you are hidden from the creature, gain advantage.

lvl 9
Whenever an enemy succumbs to blue steel, you steal all of their proficiencies, including saving throws, for 10 minutes.
>>
>>79007507
Why is one of the spells a family guy reference
>>
Has anybody tried the new Rangers in Tasha's?
>>
Slasher, Piercer or Crusher? Which is best, and on what class?
>>
>>79006511
Both you and your DM sound hella based, best of luck with your campaigns.
>>
>>79007588
That's from the black hack, an OSR game, that inspired the psionic die.
It's not great to play though it is interesting
>>
>>79007983
I have. If you're looking for muh optimizashun then it's not for you, but if you wanna play something fun, I recommend it.
>>
>>79007855
Martial arts prototype
Winner

Lv3. Increase critical strike rate
From the moment you select this prototype at level 3, your weapon attack will be a fatal blow with 19 or 20 throws.

Lv7. excellent athlete
Starting at level 7, you can add half of the proficiency bonus (rounded up) to unused proficiency, agility, or physical examination.

In addition, in the long jump competition, the distance that can be covered will increase the number of feet split using the "power" modifier.

Lv10. Fighting style

At level 10, you can choose the second option from the "battle style" category of the function.

Lv15. Blood sugar dominates blood sugar

Starting at level 15, the weapon attack will be a fatal blow from 18-20 volumes.

Lv18. survivor
At level 18, you will reach the top in battle. At the beginning of each round, if the remaining health points are not more than half, your health points are equal to 5 + Constitution modifier. If your health status is 0, you will not get this benefit.
>>
Alright /tg/ I need a bit of a help. I'm looking for a way to printout most of (if not all) the monster statblocks for use when we can finally play in person. So far the best solution seems to just create a creature list using 5e.tools, then download the markdown file, convert it to .docx or whatever and print that. The problem is that some monsters have the info section which I don't really need (the reason I'm doing this is so I can have only the stats without the unnecessary jazz around it). Does anyone know how to just get the stats without the info aside from manually deleting it for each monster?

>>79003315
That campaign fell apart because of her. Fuck that.
>>
>>79008045
I just want to do a fey Ranger because I like the feywild even if it's criminally undetailed in 5e
>>
>>79008088
>That campaign fell apart because of her. Fuck that.
been there, done that
>>
>>79007984
In order of just the Feats, Crusher and Piercer are pretty equal, and Slasher is pretty dogshit.

Crusher is especially useful on monks, since unless youre a Kensei pretty much all your damage is bludgeoning. Piercer is gonna be pretty good on any ranged weapon user, since all ranged weapons are piercing, however if you are doing CBE+SS fuckery trying to throw piercer on top starts to make you pretty feat heavy
I cant think of a situation where I would ever take Slasher over something else
>>
>>79008088
>Print out Hundreds of Stat blocks
>all that money spent on ink
dude just have a laptop or something near you while DMing and have 5etools up, its gonna be faster that way too so you can quickly search for what you want instead of digging through a pile of papers
>>
Let's say I want to make a Rogue who does the absolute highest possible single-attack damage, and am willing to abuse multiclass cheese.
Though I have to wonder if Rogue would even be the best choice over maybe going full Smite-spam. Maybe an Assassin/Paladin for crit-smite?
>>
>>79007690
>>79007673
>Be ranged Fighter
>Pick Half-Elf
>use Standard Array of 12 / 15 / 14 / 10 / 13 / 8
>end with a stat array of 12 / 16 / 14 / 10 / 14 / 10
>Using Encumbrance rules my carry weight is 60 lbs
>Necessary Equipment: Studded Leather (13 lbs), Longbow (2 lbs), Adventurer's Pack (57lb)
>Adventurer's Pack is quite heavy at 57 lbs, so we strip it down to just the backpack, mess kit, tinderbox and waterskin leaving the rations with our donkey or w/e. Darkvision also means we don't need torches. It now clocks in at 27 lbs
>20 arrows weigh in at 1lb
>Carry 340 arrows and have room left over
This is heroic fantasy.
>>
if you love 5e you worship nigger cock
>>
>>79008223
Now start marking off each arrow shot of the 340 Most of the time it won't matter
Sometimes you'll get stuck on a demon plane and easy access to restock arrows won't be around
>>
>>79008288
In that case I'll be very happy I have 340 arrows and not just 6 off of a worst-case-imaginable not!psionic die.
>>
>>79008223
nah, you get two, maybe 3 quivers of 20 on your person allowed, can carry some spares on your mount or on a wagon. Get fucked bownigger
>>
>>79007588
>Good results mean opportunities to retrieve ammo and being well-prepared
So you can't well prepare, is what you're saying. You have to rely on luck?

That's the worst kind of place to add rng, because it can completely ruin a character archetype by making that autistic batman type of character suddenly forget to being enough ammo for no reason at all.
>>
>>79007983
I've played Fey Wanderer a bit, it's very flavorful but to get full use out of its features you need high stats almost across the board. If you have high WIS and decent CHA on top then you can end up with insanely high bonuses (even more if you use your Canny expertise on Persuasion)

Dreadful strikes works on multiple targets a turn if they're different, usually you want to focus fire but it'll still always come up if you kill someone and then switch targets with your next attack. Expanded spell lists are always lovely given how few known spells rangers get.
The level 3 Feywild gifts are a great flavor option and I wish more classes had something like them. More skill proficiencies is always nice.

Beguiling Twist can become hilarious if you have a party that is consistently forcing fear effects which isn't difficult. Rangers don't often have a good use of their Reaction especially if they're shooting enemies with a bow and archery fighting style so there's little opportunity cost to attempting this.

Keep in mind it also works when any allies make a save against charm or fear as well. Very fun and flavorful.
The level 11 feature allows concentration-free,no component casting of Summon Fey in place of the other "multiattack" options other ranger subclasses give and I have mixed feelings about it.

If you have a round or two to prepare summoning multiple summoned fey to assist in a fight can be quite strong, but at the same time Ranger spellcasting is so fucking delayed that at 11th level you only have three third level slots to play around with plus the free casting.
Still very thematic to just snap your fingers and have soldiers jump to your defense, but it's annoying to wait til level 11 to do it when other classes get summon fey at level 5
>>
>>79007507
Looks good, anon, I like all the ice spells
>>
>>79008139
>Slasher is pretty dogshit.
Why?
>>
>>79008066
ONEHUNGOS Port Martial Arts
hero

Lv3. Increase the number of negative suspicions
Because you choose this tauiraa at level 3, a weapon attack is a dangerous weapon with 19 or 20 hits.

Lv7. A good competitor
From level 7 you can add half (approximately) kei runga than au i te whakamatau mo te mahi untrained knowledge, skills and physical tests

In addition, the distance covered in a long jump increases the number of split legs using "power" adjustment.

Lv10. Fighting style

At level 10, you can select another area in the "Battle Colors" section of the feature.

Lv15. Blood sugar is the most important factor in blood sugar

From level 15 onwards, the size of weapon attacks is 18-20.

Lv18. Whakapapa
At level 18 you have reached a combat level. At the beginning of each round, if less than half of the remaining medical balance is left, the medical symptoms will be equal to 5 or more medical changes. Kei te kite koe i te 0, a ka taea te whakamahi.
>>
>>79008209
Assassin is a terrible terrible terrible fucking class.
Grave cleric 2 gives an enemy Vulnerability to all of a single attack's damage with their channel divinity. Use that and a bunch of rogue sneak attack dice on top of a high level Booming Blade swing.

Also this is a terrible idea and rogues are shit for damage in 5e so this would be a meme more than anything else
>>
>>79008394
That's fine
Besides by forcing my players to track ammo for the first 5-7 levels they appreciate the bows that fire ethereal arrows or quivers of endless ammunition
>>
>>79008572
I don't know what is happen any more
>>
>>79008521
Comparatively to Crusher and Piercer it blows
Slasher:
>once per turn on hit 10 foot slow
>on crit apply disadvantage

versus
Piercer
>Damage Die Rerolls
>Savage Criticals
and Crusher
>knockback
>crits give you advantage on next attack

Piercer is best for pure damage, Crusher's knockback can help trigger opportunity attacks from allies, as well as continue to do Sentinel lockdown memes, and giving yourself advantage to keep doing more damage is better than giving enemies disadvantage, since killing enemies faster is the best way to prevent damage

Slasher just doesnt offer enough to be worth it comparatively, even compared to feat options other than Piercer/Crusher
>>
>>79008427
>quiverfag is back
>>79008288
It's way more than you think. A Level 1 fighter needs 1/3 of those arrows to kill a storm giant.
>>
>>79008691
>Crusher's knockback can help trigger opportunity attacks from allies
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>79008692
A level 1 is dead to a storm giant long before he can burn through 1/10th of that
>>
>>79008197
If that would have been a more practical option I would have done that. But if I evaluate all the costs and balance it with how difficult it'll be to find what I need(after I autistically sort the statblocks anyway) this seems like the more sensible option.
>>
>>79008691
Crusher does not trigger Attacks of Opportunity. A creature that moves unwillingly from its position does not trigger AoO.

Crusher is just for knocking things off ledges or maneuvering them for Flanking and stuff
>>
>>79008736
Just an example of scale. A character with garbage to-hit and low damage facing a monster with 230HP doesn't run through half of 340 shots.
>>
>>79008709
>>79008784
my mistake, i always forget about the forced movement not triggering opp attacks thing, the point still stands that a knockback is more useful than a 10 foot slow that you have to be in melee range to apply anyway
>>
>>79008691
>>79008784
Adding on: Slasher is good for characters that want to isolate an enemy and prevent it from getting to your squishier party members. This is emphasized by giving the enemy disadvantage on their attacks against your allies when you score a crit
>>
>>79008810
Yeah, especially if the GM isn't a fag and has interesting environments.
>>
>>79008833
Yeah I'm theorycrafting what feat to take with my 17 str barbarian at 4
it's debated between either crusher, slasher or skill expert athletics.
>>
>>79008833
Sentinel is just an objectively better option for that sort of thing though
>>
>>79008930
Odd str score
>>
>>79008906
Take resilient (wis) so you don't murder your entire party while mind controlled
Failing that, I think Heavy Handed is a very cool feat
>>
>>79006937
a fifth level player would and should buy 400 bolts if you're going to manage ammunition. it's fucking stupid to do this for anything but a mid adventure find (e.g. the party finds a magic longbow and noone has arrows so they only pick up 18 arrows with it) then you only count until they get anywhere they can buy a reasonable amount of arrows and stop tracking.
>>
>>79008209
>Single-attack
Bad idea already since rogues multiclassing love extra attack, non-multiclassing rogues love making BA attacks and if you want to really maximize rogue damage you want reaction attacks as well.
But okay, I'll humor you. You want to make a mediocre version of a mediocre class. You'll get some decent single-attack damage, at least.
You, uhh, just max Rogue. That's it really. Maybe you could go AT and eat the -0.66 casting level by dipping paladin at higher levels so you can smite with your spell slots.
Also get booming blade (you're AT anyway, so that's easy) and consider shadow blade.

You'll be relying on advantage to not suck ass but advantage+shadowblade+booming blade+smite from 2 levels of paladin+sneak attack should get you something good. Also consider being a Goblin for its Fury of the Small.
>>
>>79008961
Heavy handed didn't get in, did it? I would like resilient wis, but even if the campaign ends at 9 i would prefer to save up asis so that the character would get to 20 str and con outside of the camapign, so no more than 1 feat and 1 half feat
>>
>>79008483
You won't run out of ammo instantly, only on long hauls.
That means, sure, you're well prepared, but all your ammo just ends up breaking. You don't have to flavor it one specific ways, the points is there are multiple.
You could also find a way to grant a player extra dice.

Regardless, you'd be taking so long to run out of ammo that it barely matters anyway unless your DM wants to punish you.
>>
>>79009023
It didn't get in, but it's cool and definitely less powerful than something like GWM so just talk to your DM
>>
>the level 20 mage unleashes a wave of destruction on the capital of your setting before sending 3 ancient white dragons for good measure
>the level 20 warrior attacks a lot
>>
Wagecucking really is the secret to creativity and imagination isn't it
>>
>>79009115
I only have good ideas at like 3am
>>
>>79009115
working from home helps alot. I probably do about 50-60% of my session prep while technically on the clock, and shitpost here to boot
>>
File: ilg8cgus47z21.png (1.13 MB, 640x881)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>79009083
of course, the warrior doing anything else would be very unrealistic :^)
why would anyone want to be hercules or achilles in their make believe fantasy game, everyone knows you should only aspire to be harry potter because jocks bullied the designers in highschool. if you want to do dynasty warriors shit running rampant across an entire army single handedly you need to beg the wizard for a True Polymorph into a big beastie that's capable of doing so.
>>
>>79008599
Oh yes, this is purely for memes and not something I'd seriously use.
That said Vulnerability+auto-crit+big sneak attack/booming blade would definitely hurt.
>>
>>79009307
Reminder martial fags will never be happy
>>
Level 4 druid with 18 Wisdom currently, do I take Resilient: Con now, pump Wisdom to 20, or take Feytouched and Gift of Alacrity?
>>
>>79009363
Res (Con) if you intend to be optimal and start going into summon spells. Nothing ruins you ruining the DM day like suddenly dropping concentration and your two dire wolf meatshields vanishing into the aether.
>>
File: 081712_Classes.pdf (701 KB, PDF)
701 KB
701 KB PDF
>>79009357
we were...once upon a time...
>REMEMBER WHAT THEY TOOK FROM YOU
>>
>>79009357
This
>>79009307
Listen faggot, you picked a non magical class in a fantasy game with magic dragons. There are limits to what you can do with non magical things. Achilles and hercules both used magic. If you want to do something other than swing a sword then pick a real class instead of the tutorial retard class
>>
>>79008755
You're full of shit.
>>
>>79009435
I will never forgive them
>>
>>79009435
>I want physical damage spells on my martial
Ok so play divinity original sin and fuck off
>>
>>79009363
>Do you use lots of concentration spells, hate losing concentration on them, and have a mediocre to bad Con mod?
Take Resilient Con
>Do you want higher save DCs/to hit mods on your spells
Bump Wis to 20

I wouldnt take option 3 unless you think the flavor really fits your character better than the first 2
>>
How can I enjoy 5e combat a little more? I'm currently playing a lv5 divination wizard, and I'm already tired of this game's combat system.

Usually I just sit down and wait for my turn, then I just say "I use fire bolt/slow/scorching ray", throw my dice, hit (or miss), then next turn, rinse and repeat.

I'm not engaged with combat anymore, I don't know how the other players find the fun on repeating the same moves every single combat. Last time we had a combat it lasted like 12 rounds of missing hits/spam mind sliver.

I think I'm the problem here, because if you ask the other players, they usually say they like it. I spoke with our dm and he says I get bored because I don't describe my combat actions like other players do, but I think that would just make things slower.

I like this campaign, I like it rp-wise, I don't want to leave, but combat is just fucking boring. How can I enjoy it more?
>>
>>79009441
>achilles and hercules both used magic
achilles and hercules were demigods, they're no more "magic" than a dragon or storm giant is.
a dragon doesn't drop dead the moment it enters an anti-magic field despite magic being the only reason it doesn't collapse under its own weight so clearly the world isn't operating by the same rules as ours, why should martials be limited by mundane human constraints unless they start waving bat guano around mumbling magic words?

People want to do heroic pulp fantasy martial feats without needing to be a fucking spellcaster carrying around a spellbook. A high level barbarian smashing the ground and causing an earthquake is cool. Is it realistic for a person to do that? No, but it's also not realistic for him to fall 1000 feet six times in a row and shrug it off just because he's fucking pissed.

Bring back high level warblade maneuvers and let all martials have access to them in 6e
>>
How is Grim Hollow? Worth a look?
>>
>>79009307
Ngl that image would make a good boss fight
>>
>>79009568
Short answer: you can't. If your DM won't step up the tactical challenges and the rest of your players are content playing the DPR race, it probably won't change anytime soon. You may have just outgrown the system as well
>>
File: file.png (669 KB, 1920x1200)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>79008088
goes like this:
>open up 5e tools
>select creature or NPC
>screenprint
>alt tab to favorite graphics program
>paste whole screen as layer
>alt tab back to 5e tools
>mousewheel statblock down if necessary
>select next creature if not
>continue for multiple layers
phase 2:
>group all layers to do actions
>crop to visible browser preview
>delete tint and adjust brightness contrast to clean black and white
>double or triple horizontal canvas size (to larges # of ss for one creature)
>layer move and merge 2nd and 3rd creature blocks into overlap, trim sources
>now have one creature block per layer in black and white
Phase 3:
>select all copy each layer
>alt tab to 2 column word or office clone
>paste image (should size to column fill column width
>repeat for each layer / creature
>rearrange as necessary to fit pages, by alphabet, encounter etc.
>print

the best part is you can scribble on these to keep track of instances and hp since they're just prints. Additionally I 3 hole punch and drop in a binder for future encounters.

Also I wish to fucking christ there was an easier way to do this, as in export kobold fight club results to this pseudo mm format in black and white.
>>
>>79009466
>I want physical damage spells on my martial
lmao why would you phrase it in such a disingenuous way. So in your mind anything other than rolling to attack is a spell? Spellcasters are the only people who should be allowed to ever do anything besides roll 1d20+Proficiency+STR/DEX to hit for 1d8+STR/DEX damage? And the only non-spell class feature should just be rolling those dice more often with bigger numbers? Eat a dick.
I mean this completely seriously and genuinely: have you tried not playing D&D? because framing martial characters as able to do anything but roll attacks as wanting "physical damage spells" is the kind of shit someone who's only game has ever been 5e would say.
>>
>>79009568
Could be you, could be the fights.

If it's you just give up on enjoying combat normally and assign yourself arbitrary goals in the fight, like "punch that faggot goblin in the back and somehow survive"

If it's the fights, and it genuinely could be, talk to the dm about engaging you more.
Let him know you aren't enjoying combat as much as the other players and diagnose the cause, like whether he's catering all the interesting interactions to melee range.
>>
Was D&DNext a better game?
>>
>>79009704
Not the guy you're lambasting. I don't really think playtest combat maneuvers would solve the problem at all anon. Sure, you get to fight in a way that's a lot more interesting, but that's still all you can do - fight. Meanwhile casters just have so many cheat codes and one-spell solutions to problems...
>>
>>79008427
>Get fucked bownigger
Yeah because bows are such a problem when cantrips exists and do the same thing.
>>
NEW UA WHEN
>>
>>79003767

I'll be honest, no one can waste time shopping like I can.

"Yes sir, you heard right. I want that shovel SILVER PLATED."
>>
>>79009781
>cantrips can sharpshooter
>>
File: WeJustDon'tKnow.gif (998 KB, 250x251)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>79009820
>>
Monk should be moved closer to a pugilist, western-style combat rather than the eastern one. Ranger should also be folded into druids / fighters.
>>
>>79009781
cant use CBE+SS on cantrips, and I have more respect for casters than d*xbuilds any day of the week
>>
>>79009767
>no save proficiencies, DCs were 10+Relevant MOD
>maneuvers for every martial
>Wild Form gave a stat block, instead of making you look through the MM
>Favored Terrain was actually useful
>Monk had d10 HD and bigger martial art dice
Unironically yes
>>
>>79009880
>CBE
>bow
Ok, casterfag
>>
>>79009880
>cha builds are less cancer than dex builds
Holy shit nigger what are you smoking?
>>
>>79009781
>Cantrip
1d10
>Bow
1d8+14
Pull out a sword when you run out of ammo
Archerfags are disgusting, the whiniest players in 5e. GWM users accept they can't swing a greatsword 200 feet away and carry javelins
SS users should accept that ammo is limited and they need to fall back out of their ideal method too
>>
Post characters you'll never get to play
>Goliath Bear Barbarian with Brawny and Tavern Brawler
>Wields a Dagger (sized for a Storm Giant) which is used as an Improvised Weapon since it's far too unwieldy for even them to use
>Character goal is to find and deliver the dagger to it's rightful owner, presumably another Storm Giant (Since the original owner died of plot device-itis), but it really could be anyone

Not only would the character need stupidly good stats to work, but lugging around a 10 foot long/4 foot wide slab of metal would be extremely annoying for anything from entering towns/buildings to trying to defeat the character's nemesis- tight corners in dungeons, pic related
>>
>>79009936
not him but yes
cha builds
cha builds cant cbess and also require multiclassing
>>
>>79009948
>quickens ur EB+AB
>>
>>79009848
I've gone to retardedly unneccesary extremes in order to secure a gold-plated spellbook. My character isn't very bright and he wanted to buy a gift to a caster friend.
>>
>>79009979
>is limited by sorcery points
>>
>>79009958
>tfw
female centaur who brings a stallion to stud her every long rest being as graphic as possible with presenting to the stallion and getting raw dogged just out side of camp daily. I even have the miniatures as /wip/ but covid mothballed my studio AND this takes the right table to properly discomfort.
>>
>>79009780
There's simply too many spells with insanely powerful effects for high level casters to not still break the game, but you can go a long way to improving the disparity at the levels people actually play at.
in my experience once third level spells come into play it's pretty much over, by the time fourth level spells are online it's impossible to catch up. Especially when plenty of casters casters or subclasses still get d8 hit dice, medium or heavy armor, shields, and extra attack.

The removal of base attack bonus scaling means your cleric is just as good at whacking people in melee as the monk is, maybe even better since he's got Shillelagh and Spiritual Weapon to be SAD.
>>
>>79009979
congratulations, you deal 33 at 11 instead of 74 while also using resources
>>
>>79009872
Not a solution to a systemic problem.
>>
>>79009979
>Limited by sorcery points
>Multiclass
I'll turn the bow into a crossbow now, because you're assuming a higher level
>Quicken EB+AB
>2 times a day you can do 4d10+16
>Meanwhile a pure fighter is doing 3d6+42 per turn
Count your fucking ammo
Stop being a whiny baby
>>
>take 2 levels in artificer for repeating shot
>If you load no ammunition in the weapon, it produces its own, automatically creating one piece of magic ammunition when you make a ranged attack with it.
lol
>>
>>79010097
Pretty much. Fighters are significantly better at fighting now outside of some abuses like ubercharger builds downing tarrasques in 1 charge attack and the HP bloat means they're really necessary and not just a meat wall taking up place. But they're still just DPR engines.
I swear to god AD&D 2E had better balance between martials and casters. Initiative rules meant your spells only went off at the end of the combat turn and your friends had to cover for you so you didn't get hit out of it. Wizards cleaned shop still, but they needed cover to pull their crazy shit off. Outside of combat it was just as bad though.
>>
How broken is a Fey Hobgoblin mastermind Rogue?
>>
>>79009859
Bladetrips can GWM so...
>>
>>79009627
Overall seems like a little more effort to put together than whatever I am currently attempting to do, but overall seems much cleaner and concise (also saving on ink cost). You're absolutely right about scribbling on those things and adding them to a binder. I did a similar thing for PC abilities when I wasn't DM-ing yet and it was great, and it seems to work even better for monster statblocks.

Great work anon, thanks!
>>
>>79003315
>>79003315
>start with a new group with THAT GIRL
>she's a sperg that goes Storm Sorcerer, but not nearly as bad at rp as two other members
>gets absolutely ass-blasted in our second combat encounter, when we engaged with a Young Remorhaz as a random encounter.
>we're low level
>doesn't immediately run away, and gets knocked unconscious, despite having full movement speed and the ability to fly, after most characters all acknowledge ICly it was time to get the fuck out
>somehow, this member decided to take Athlete as a feat
>another girl, not THAT GIRL, plays a rogue and attempts to climb up a ridge and gets a 20 on an atheltic check
>can move 20 feet up the rock instead of 15, so gets an extra five feet instead of extending full movement to cross half distance
>wHY dId I gET A fEAT iF iT gETS TrivIALIZED
>same session, we had the druid go full sperg because his idea for talking to a fish wasn't followed to a fucking T.

Fuck, man. Least the DM got pissed and chewed them out for it.
>>
File: 1459338914873.gif (196 KB, 500x281)
196 KB
196 KB GIF
>>79009820
>>79009866
But when though? Why do those lazy fucks refuse to make an actual release schedule.
>>
>>79010364
>>wHY dId I gET A fEAT iF iT gETS TrivIALIZED
This is a legitimate complaint. Natty 20 doesnt mean anything on skill checks.
>>
>>79010415
I agree, but that doesn't condone sperging to such an extent and ruining the vibe verses mentioning it to the DM afterwards like a grown ass adult.
>>
>>79010403
They used to have a release schedule but all that meant was that mearls would spend 30 minutes shitting something out the morning of. I'd rather having nothing if what we get is shit, but right now we get basically nothing and it's still shit.
>>
>>79010245
cool, can they do it thrice a turn at 5?
>>
>>79010415
athlete means you simply don't need to make the check if terrain is appropriate, am i missing something?
>>
>>79010458
They can do it once and actually hit because they weren't born in a whiteroom
>>
>>79010501
>Climbing doesn't cost you extra movement.
Normally climbing is 2x cost movement.
>>
>Wall of Stone
>Fabircate
>Stone Shape
>Mason's Tools Expertise
Behold, I am the one man stone quarry/mason. The only question now is, what kind of stone am I actually making with Wall of Stone? Since it needs a base am I basically making new stone of whatever kind the base is? Would you allow a PC to basically start mass producing high-quality stoneware/statuary for sale as a source of income?
>>
>>79010244
not
mastermind isn't that good
>>
>>79010455
>>79010403
Also people got really pissed off when it got delayed, so rather than failing to meet expectations they resolved to proactively remove all expectations.
>>
Is sword-and-board or heavy weapons more effective for a samurai fighter?
>>
>>79010245
>Requires melee
>One attack per round
>Can't use a shield
>>
>>79010506
I'm sure your 15% extra hit on your one attack makes up for the three power attacks
>>
>>79010506
CBE+SS literally turns combat arenas into a white room for that character, 300 foot range without disadvantage, ignores 1/2 3/4 cover, and ignores disadvantage for shooting in melee, anything that isnt a solid wall to hide behind no longer matters to the CBE+SS user
>>
>>79010523
>what kind of stone am I actually making with Wall of Stone?
The M component is granite, so granite.
>>79010553
Heavy so your adv negates your -5 from gwm
>>
>>79010455
>and it's still shit
I thought the Dragon Monk was a cool idea.
>>
>>79010203
in 2nd edition magic items weren't an optional feature either, and some of the higher level magic weapons were fucking ABSURD.
>>
>>79010553
Heavy Weapons with GWM will make better use of the advantage from fighting spirit
>>
>>79010523
Up to the DM really. That said, the stone itself is probably not high quality, since it's listed to have an AC of 15; the DMG's suggested stats for objects put 17 as the suggested AC of Stone (15 corresponds to Wood and Bone).
>>
>>79003451
Illegal horse races held at the town outskirts by a gang of rich kids.
>>
>>79010506
>1 attack with an extra bit of conditional damage is definitely better than 3 attacks
>>
>>79003315
>That Girl is a fan of Critical Role
>But also pretty cute and not an annoying person
>Make her my gf
>Redpill her on how bad her favorite soap opera is
>She starts redpilling her friends about it too

No need to thank me /tg/, just doing my part fighting the Good Fight.
>>
>>79010556
You can't use a shield with a hand crossbow unless it's turned auto-loading by an Artificer
>>
>>79010580
Granite would be ideal, it's already a bit expensive

>>79010604
Ah, so maybe just some kind of sedimentary stone like Sandstone. Maybe it would be possible to refine it further with a kiln of sorts.
>>
>>79010598
YEP. I forgot about that but yeah you could get some insane shit. +3 magic sword was insane because THAC0 as well
>>
>>79010672
based if true
>>
cbess literally makes more attacks, that are also more accurate than gwm scagtrips, why is this eben a discussion
>>
>>79010570
Good thing corners to walk around exist in pretty large measures.
>>
>>79010672
based if true (which it is)
>>
File: 1591034185741.jpg (59 KB, 1024x512)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>79010521
>>79010501
Instead of this player crossing 15 feet (costing full 30 movement), they gained an extra five and moved an additional square thanks to the Nat 20.

Personally, I think 20s influencing skill checks is dumb, but seeing someone get so aggressive over something so trivial is even worse. Also, why is the Sorcerer, with the ability to FLY, fixated on climbing speed and a feat that will be absolutely irrelevant?
>>
>>79010704
because rangedfags wont stop crying about people thinking that needing to count ammo is perfectly reasonable
>>
>>79010704
>cbess literally makes more attacks
PAM+GWM does that too, though, and the damage die is higher.
>but it's melee
Who cares? Unless the archer is flying just slamfuck them with burrowing creatures.
>>
>>79010580
>>79010602
Cool, now are either the Defense or Great Weapon Fighting styles essential or can I pick Blind Fighting cus it sounds cool to put on a warforged?
>>
>>79010734
see >>79010147
>>
File: ulric.jpg (133 KB, 760x596)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>79010672
>make her my gf
I laughed at the wording of this being as if you clubbed her over the head and dragged her back to your cave where she is thereupon obligated by law to date you and listen to your opinions on board games
>>
>>79010704
The King of Whiteroom DPR builds will always be a hexasorc build, not a SS/CBE one.
>>
>>79010733
ok i agree with you on natty 20, but complaining about 5 fucking feet is peak autism
>>
>>79010756
Take blindfighting and if your party's spellcaster wont cast darkness/fog cloud for your every single fight then beat them up in real life. No DM with a brain should allow that fighting style.
>>
File: dnd2.png (9 KB, 449x161)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>
>>79010756
+1 AC is +1 AC, take it or leave it, Great Weapon Fighting style isn't remotely required it just makes you feel a little better about the occasional shitty roll
>>
>>79010761
> a 2 level dip just to tackle a resource problem
perfectly fine, but if you dont have it, youre counting ammo, just because there is a way to not need ammo, doesnt mean nobody needs it
>>
>>79010735
>just slamfuck them with burrowing creatures
a CBE+SS fighter has just as much if not higher AC than a GWM one does and has no disadvantage firing in melee. you can slamfuck them only as badly as you can any other melee character
>>
>>79010797
based
>>
>>79010803
>battlesmith is fine but archer rangers, bladelocks, rogues, etc. are a big problem
>>
>>79010756
none of them are essential, pick your favorite
unless blind fighting actually comes up I'd grab a super duper dice if i were you
>>
>>79010797
Yellow is exhibiting strong green flag signs, discard the remainder
>>
>>79010840
using a class feature != to ignoring rules
>>
>>79010813
How? A GWM fighter can get to 18 ac which dex cannot
>>
>>79010813
>just as much if not higher AC than a GWM one does
What makes you say that? The CBE+SS fighter will use medium armor and the GWM fighter will use heavy armor. The GWM fighter will have defense style as well, so the CBE+SS fighter will have 2 less AC.
>>
>>79010767
>the virgin asker vs THE CHAD CLUBBER
>>
How thick can a quarterstaff be? Can I flavor it as a small tree trunk for my lumberjack barbarian?
>>
>>79010942
Why is your lumberjack barbarian using a staff instead of an axe?
>>
>>79010953
Because i want to do onehanded PAM and i already played a hoplite in a oneshot so quarterstaff it is.
>>
>>79010953
maybe he's using a shield
>>
>>79010942
use a maul as your base
>>
>>79010942
A quarterstaff gets its name from the way it's cut into a smaller size. So technically no.
>>
>>79010988
There are axes besides greataxes.
>>79010987
cringe
>>
>>79010987
>wants to do PAM because it's PAM
>has already done a PAM character
I think the better question for you is how much can you make your quarterstaff look like a big floppy dildo
>>
>>79010999
Greataxe with gwm i also considered, but last i asked you guys said slasher is a garbage feat in comparison to crusher.
>>
>>79011034
Use a maul if you want crusher, then?
>>
>>79011034
Use a maul for crusher then
>>
>>79010767
Now I'm laughing my ass off imagining a caveman furiously ranting about ttrpg podcasts to his newly-acquired gf
>>
>>79011034
you dont have to take Slasher or crusher you know, plenty of other things you could do
>>
>>79011044
>>79011045
But the 1d12 brutal critical, and the lumberjack stuff...
>>79011060
Skill expert athetics i guess? Wisdom isn't odd so resilient feels like a waste, and I want to try the physical damage feats
>>
Speaking of Crusher, Crusher Monk y/n?
>Slap a nigga up to 20 feet away per turn
>>
>>79011105
its 5 feet knockback once per turn, not per attack
>>
>>79011100
Even with brutal critical and half orc's savage attacks and orcish fury, I'd rather have 2d6.
>>
>>79011105
it doesn't really fix any of monks problems
>>
>>79011100
skill expert animal handling
>>
New thread
>>79011111
>>79011111
>>79011111
>>
>>79011105
Crusher only works once per turn. If you want to shove people around and cheese grate them on spiked growth you're better off playing Dao genielock with repelling blast (which can also launch people into the air with crusher and repelling blast)
>>
>>79011105
y, although the semantics are a little awkward for extended knockbacks with you having to keep running after them to keep slapping, it's great for letting you reposition freely without disengaging though.
>>
>>79011179
>page 5
>>
>>79011220
>>79011111
1+1+1+1+1=5. Makes sense.
>>
>>79008961
I cant find that feat anywhere in my cursory google search. Do you maybe have a link ?
>>
>>79011280
It's fell handed, sorry
You master the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, warhammer, and maul. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
Whenever you have advantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon and hit, you can also knock the target prone if the lower of the two d20 rolls would also hit the target.
Whenever you have disadvantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of 0) if the attack misses but the higher of the two d20 rolls would have hit.
If you use the Help action to aid an ally's melee attack while you're wielding the weapon, you knock the target's shield aside momentarily. In addition to the ally gaining advantage on the attack roll, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll if the target is using a shield
>>
>>79004183
>>79003847
Why the fuck is armourur a tier?
It seems pretty mediocre
>>
>>79011395
magic missile
hypno pattern
heavy armor with str dump
the 9th level feature is pretty good, too
>>
>>79011395
I don't know why you'd put it above Battlesmith when Battlesmith gets extra action economy, heals and shit plus Shield spell.
>>
>>79011341
Oh thats a cool feat, ill joink that for my game I think. Thanks anon.
>>
>>79011497
Because armorer starts with an A and battlesmith starts with a B
>>
>>79007151
>shill
>nuRaveloft-battle-royal
Got anymore buzzwords in there padre?
>>
>>79010891
>>79010888
A CBE can use a shield, a GWM can't.
>>
>>79009999

Well, shoot. My caster characters need better friends, lol.
>>
>>79010096

Okay.... Somebody's been reading too much Piers Anthony lately.
>>
>>79011105
If you want to push a creature as a Monk, just take Open Hand and scoot the enemy 30 feet away. It has a Strength save for every 15 feet, and uses 1 ki every turn, but it's still very cool.
>>
>>79011105
It's very fun to cascade into constant crits, but it probably needs some way to get more consistent. Elven Accuracy would be my next feat after that.
>>
>>79010733

You know what else has a climbing feat and can fly?

Woodpeckers.

Not sure how much that justifies anything, but hey, the precedent is there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.