[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why would someone genuinely worship a god of tyranny?
>>
>>78987182
Probably power, revenge, promise of reward from them, or to spite the whatever god/goddess the cultist worshipped previously.
>>
>>78987182
because you just do, or else...
>>
>>78987182
because too much freedom isn't necessarily a good thing
>>
You hold the genuine believe that the weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>78987182
You are catholic.
>>
>>78987182
A desire to tyrranize others. Their system of worship is basically a pyramid scheme where you are dominated by the people above you, and you in turn abuse the people beneath you in the faith all the way down to the basic jerks who try to bring tyranny outside the faith.
>>
>>78987182
Because you love to be the one to bully weaker ones than you and get rewarded for it? Duuh.
You're probably a pussy that was wondering why the bullies keept taking your lunch money and giving you twirlies and couldn't comprehend why its fun
>>
>in b4 this turns political
>in b4 I'm the one who turns it political

"Freedom is for full bellies, and justice is for children who lives. Neither is true now. Freedom? Justice? What we need is peace and trade. We need medicine salesmen to travel without fear. We need unburnt fields. Lead there, and I'll gladly submit.
>>
>>78987182
To oppose chaos and create a strong nation.
>>
>>78987182
If we're talking Bane from NuD&D, then its because the the majority of the God of Tyranny's followers don't see him as such. They see him as a god of law and strength.
>>
>>78987423
What about old D&D?
>>
>>78987182
Ask the Imperium.
>>
It's more common that you think
>>
>>78987182
They believe in authoritarianism?
>>
>>78987520
>I didn’t start studying authoritarianism because I am a left-winger
Oh boy
>>
>>78987383
That's not how it works though, you need freedom to impose your own will over others. Tyrants are the virgin incel autistic retards, that's why we need to kill all autists.
>>
>>78987439
The writers didn't care enough to try to explain how the worlds worked beyond how it mattered to the player characters.
>>
>>78987182
>>78987333
This
They think they'll be the tyrant (in the mortal world) - out of arrogance or optimism, people rarely think of themselves at the bottom of their ideal political system
>>
>>78987639
>people rarely think of themselves at the bottom of their ideal political system
True, this is one of the big problems with communism.
>>
>>78987423
>>78987439
>>78987609
I think it's kino when villains are fully self-aware and unapologetic of their villainy.
>>
>>78987709
I agree wholeheartedly, but I also think that if you need to have the masses on your side you need to present a likeable front. Or at least one people can interpret as strong and respectable.
>>
>>78987597
O that's how it works.
The tyranny trickles from the top.
It's good to be bad and people not beliving in gods of tyranny just don't understand it aka are the victims
>>
I belief that there is a divine hierarchy to the world. God at the top. Politicians, lords, billionaires, and kings below God. Then the free folks. Then slaves and immigrants. It means that as a virtuous person God will ensure you have a powerful, honored position in society, and will punish slaves and immigrants that try to act like your equal or better. this is how American conservatives think
>>
>>78987773
>I belief
so close
>>
>>78987597
>you need freedom to impose your own will over others.
Technically, yes? But tyranny isn’t about no freedom, it’s actually just a different way of distributing it. The ones who are higher in the hierarchy have move freedom.
>>
>>78987773
You were right until you got to
>and will punish slaves and immigrants that try to act like your equal or better.
It should read "and will reward those who work hard and follow the rules, even allowing upward momentum so long as every rung of the latter is earned with blood, sweat, and tears."

And it is preferable to the illusion of equality presented by the left, where the invisible hierarchy is based completely on the nature of your birth and which can be lost with mere accusation of not having the mandate of heaven.
>>
>>78987773
>this is how American conservatives think
Maybe in your political comic tier strawman.
>>
>>78987182
They sacrifice freedom for safety
>>
File: 1556734934956.jpg (101 KB, 720x960)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>78987182
One man's god of Tyranny is another's God of Law.

Roma Invicta, Ave Caesar, et cetera.
>>
>>78987323
Ebin pwned
>>
>>78988074
People want protection, tell them they’ll be safe from monsters and they’re yours.
>>
>>78987915
>I believe in an divine hierarchy in which the wealthy and privileged exist above the rest of the population. You must lead a toilsome and miserable life to earn a higher station.
>You see this is better than that fake appeal to equality my counterparts offer, where you are stuck in your position in society by nature of your birth. Please ignore the fact that such a notion is baked in to my ideal surrounding hierarchy, and pay no attention to the others beside me who in fact believe just that with regards to skin color, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation etc.
What a terrible sales pitch
>>
Strong desire to bring law and order to the lawless and chaos.
>>
>>78987182
As appeasement to avoid getting his/her ass beat?
>>
>>78988708
>>78987856
That's a typo. Supposed to read "it's a belief"
>>
>>78987915
Functionally, there is a perception that anything bad that happens to low class people is because they didn't work hard enough, and that anything good they don't deserve and must have cheated to get it. It's the same reason why poor people can work three jobs and still be poor.
>>
>>78989739
>Functionally, there is a perception that anything bad that happens to low class people is because they didn't work hard enough
That is correct
>>
>>78987182
Some people have fallen for the delusion that they will be one of the few at the top and not one of the masses at the bottom.
>>
Tyrants only rule because they have supporters anon. Caesar was able to seize power because because people were sick of the republic and wanted a tyrant.
>>
File: babylon arcadum.png (1.51 MB, 1024x1152)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>78987182
the god of tyranny is also enforces deals, oaths and promises
>>
Because religion isn't one dimensional like most people in this hobby seem to believe.
A god isn't just a "god of THING", it is a personality within a pantheon with its own mythology, history and culture. The deities will often reflect the values of the society, not the other way around, so a society might, through a myriad of different historical processes, end up growing around the adoration of tyrannical figures and come to value and respect tyranny itself, which in turn would lead to the creation of legends and myth surrounding such tyrannical figures until that adoration turns into worship and finally organized religion.
>>
>>78989904
Reality seems to disagree with you.
>>
File: 4e Bane.jpg (692 KB, 1000x1000)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>78987182
Because they don't view him/her as a God of Tyranny, but as a god of "Harsh but Necessary Strong Rule".

See: default 4e Bane, who literally gets an article in Dragon detailing his worship and why it's so popular with people who actually aren't Evil aligned, despite the god himself being Evil.
>>
>>78987586
>Thus I didn't start studying authoritarianism because I am a left-winger (I think I'm a moderate on most issues) or because I secretly hated my father. I got into it because it presented a long series of puzzles to be solved, and I love a good mystery.
Come on anon, at least quote the whole sentence.
>>
>>78990106
Except, not really? While effort is not always rewarded the worst punishments are always laid upon the shoulders of the lazy or their mass produced womb spawn.
>>
File: inauguration speech.jpg (298 KB, 1905x1080)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>78987182
Tyranny isn't necessarily evil and can be benevoment.
Tyranny can also be preferable given the alternatives.
>>
>>78990194
I don’t discredit people based on ideology, but when someone says their “right”, or “left” I automatically assume they’re a puppet.
>>
>>78989922
>Some people have fallen for the delusion that they will be one of the few at the top

What if they will be? It’s like gambling, oh you might get tons of money, but chances are you’re just going to get fucked over.
If you play it right, and you’re lucky, worshipping a god of tyranny can be a good choice.
>>
>>78990106
I was born into a poor family, I know how they act and I know why they’re poor.
>>
I had a cleric of Hextor in 3.5e. People forget that there is allowed one degree of separation between a God and it's followers alignment. He was LN, Hextor is LE and within that society there were also NE people who cared little for the authority of the church and selectively applied it's beliefs for their own benefit.

Just because the majority of a city or state worship a deity does not mean they live to its fullest expectation. In actual life the majority of Christians do not follow or are even aware of some things from the Bible. Wearing multiple types of textiles, mixing of people from within the Levant and without, etc are rules that exist only in the minds of the very devout and well read. Even comparing God of the Old Testament and the New Testament reveals a very different style of rule. It could just as well be that followers of Hextor or Cyric or Bane are much the same in their worship, rather than every member of their entire society just bring evik
>>
>>78990294
The author literally says he doesn't consider himself right or left but 'moderate' aka somewhere in the middle. Your reading comprehension is lacking.
>>
>>78990380
Sounds like you're mistaking your personal psychodrama for material reality. Which, to be fair, isn't really something unique for most people invested in modern politics.
To answer the OP's question, it's perfectly reasonable to worship or at least appease a tyrannical god. It's a truism at this point, but most people did not worship Zeus because he was the last word on morality, they worshiped him because they recognized, feared, and respected his power.
>>
>>78990399
>>Thus I didn't start studying authoritarianism because I am a left-winger (I think I'm a moderate on most issues)
Learn to read
>>
>>78990223
Spoken like a true sheltered snowflake with a safe upbringing. Raw effort is never rewarded for the huge working class majority. Inheritance, connections and sheer luck of finding a nice opportunity at the right time is what enables class mobility. You get rich by making clever use of the effort of others, not by working hard yourself. Not even the people at the very top believe they are there because of their own efforts; in fact they KNOW so, because that's why they are at the top.
>>
>>78990454
>Sounds like you're mistaking your personal psychodrama for material reality
Nope. Again, I was poor, my family was poor, and I know why they were poor.
I worked hard and got a job painting submarines, now I’m comfortable? My family? They didn’t try to get a job or improve their situation at all, and in fact my dad would just randomly quit jobs all the time.
>>
>>78990464
>Inheritance, connections and sheer luck of finding a nice opportunity at the right time is what enables class mobility.
Except I know people completely break that rule.
>>
>>78990380
Your family being shitty doesn't mean every working class family is shitty. All my peers, be their friends or family, are blue collar working class people, who work hard and devote themselves to being productive, and guess what? They're in the same place they were 10 years ago, because that how life works. Some have a little more because they work in a trade that happened to become more valued through time, and for some the opposite happened and the economical bust crashed their businesses and they're fucked now, even though they definitely worked as hard as anyone else.
You have to be a special kind of ignorant or just sheer fucking stupid to truly believe that people stay poor because they don't work hard enough.
>>
>>78990557
And I know an American who isn't a retard. And yet...
>>
>>78990525
>>78990557
Try actually studying sociology and economics instead of relying on anecdotal evidence when debating this kind of thing. It makes you look stupid.
>>
>>78987182
We do people unironically become fascists or tankies?
>>
>>78987182
>Why would someone genuinely worship a god of tyranny?
>>>
in order to tyrranize others
>>
File: 1599156710697.jpg (39 KB, 392x372)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>78990571
Based. Likely redpilled.
>>
>>78990596
>>78990614
>claim things with no credibility or experience
>I counter
>barrage of ad homs ensue
I accept your concession.
>>
>>78990614
>Ugh, you just can't prove peoples theories wrong using EVIDENCE, fucking hell, how am I supposed to build this entire short-castle in the air about systemic biases if you keep pointing out that it's entirely adrift from reality?
>>
>>78990234
Give an example of a real benevolent tyrannical system
>>
>>78990656
Singapore
>>
>>78990642
>EVIDENCE
>Yeah I totally have a girlfriend she's got huge tits she just goes to another school you haven't met her
Your only evidence is that of a crippling lack of life experience
>>
>>78990656

Modern China, obviously. I still don't want to be governed by China but for the last 50 years or so the Chinese government has really busted ass to make life better for the Chinese people. And now they have a middle class larger than our entire population.
>>
>>78990327
It's still delusional because it's no different from putting your life savings into a slot machine. Yes; you might win, but we both know you actually won't. You're putting everything on the line for an uncertain reward. It's a common problem, so I'm sure any god of tyranny will never be short of followers, but those followers will still all be delusional.
>>
>>78990618
Lack of study and/or empathy. While it is true that the USSR was not as bad as Red Scare propaganda made it out to be, Stalin was still authoritarian and guilty of committing atrocities against his own people, yet tankies choose to believe that all the bad things perpetrated by the USSR were fabricated by the western anti-communist propaganda. Then there are the ones who believe the path to build a communist society is going to be paved with the blood of its political enemies and excuses such crimes as necessary means.
I think the same might hold true to Fascists, but from my own personal experience most fascists I've met seem to fall into the later type of "killing lefties is necessary" and such.
>>
>>78990723
True, I used to be autistically anti Chinese, but now I see that in reality, it’s not that bad. I mean, just look at what’s going on in America.
>>
>>78990642
>anonymous anecdote on 4chan
>evidence
>>
>>78990736
Ok then, what if you know you’ll be high up? Like he chooses you as a cleric, and he has a history of favoring his clerics? Is that delusional to keep worshiping him?
>>
>>78987182
If there's going to be a pyramid anyway, why wouldn't you want to be on the top?
>>
>>78990769
I always feel that there needs to be some sort of divide.
Like, I know plenty of great Chinese people, but fuck China.
>>
>>78990748
Fascism is selective empathy
>>
>>78990828
figures, people are too much of a cunts to empathize with all of them
>>
>>78990825
I blame American politicians, China is just expanding and improving industry like and country would. The politicians are the ones who let them control the economy.
>>
>>78990723
The truth is that the majority of Chinese people are incredibly happy or at least comfortable with their situation, which is miles above how most people in the west feel. We get obsessed over "THE STATE IS CONTROLLING EVERYTHING" but if you ask a Chinese housewife how she feels about this she's probably going to say "yeah, so what?" with a huge smile on her face.
The uncomfortable truth of it all is that despite being an authoritarian centralist government, all evidence points to the fact that the CCP actually does care about its people.
>>
>>78990769
>I used to see in black but now I see in white!
>>
>>78990855
China is also one of the only countries using a normal, tried and tested vaccine.
Why is that? Couldn’t they just pump out any vaccine?
>>
>>78987182
You grew up in it, and are uncomfortable with worshiping anyone else, even if the gods are clearly less toxic.
>>
(You)
>>
>>78987586
I love it when he gets into religion and starts talking about "cheap grace" which sounded exactly like a Papfags description of "faith alone will save us" and lo and behold, he says he was raised catholic.
The bit about the Milgram experiment is on point though.
>>
>>78987182
So they could be a Tyrant?
>>
>>78990855
>CCP actually does care about its people.
lol, no.
The Chinese are happy because things like freedom of speech are less important to their culture, and are almost entirely self employed outside of factories producing export goods.
The simple truth is that the CCP doesn't give enough of a shit about every little guy out there to step on all of them at once. If you're not just out and out yelling about your political beliefs, you're essentially free to be as capitalist and as outspoken as you like.
>>
>>78987182
Either
1. You're weak and afraid it'll kill you if you don't
2. You are shortsighted and/orreckon you'd be on the good end of the "strong rule the weak" forever
3. You want protection
>>
>>78990795
Tyranny is, by definition, exclusive. The goal is to keep as many others out of power as possible. I assume any god of tyranny would practice much the same. As in, no chosen ones. You have to make yourself the chosen one. Anyone who thinks this god genuinely wants them to succeed is delusional. A god of tyranny wouldn't care who is at the top, only that they will greedily gather power in their name. Their favor will pass from one worshiper to the next as power flows from one to another as chance dictates. I will concede that someone who knows this and praises the god of tyranny because of this (not in spite of it) would not be delusional. They would be crazy, but not delusional.
>>
>>78990855
>We get obsessed over "THE STATE IS CONTROLLING EVERYTHING" but if you ask a Chinese housewife how she feels about this she's probably going to say "yeah, so what?" with a huge smile on her face.
Because if you get too angry or critical about what the Chinese government is doing, you get arrested and harassed. That's not being "happy" or "comfortable" that's being too afraid to speak your mind.
>>
>>78990456
I can't tell if you're trolling or just ESL.
>>
>>78990855
Apart from the ongoing genocide. And the whole Hong Kong situation. And the near-complete control of media making any outside judgement on whether they're forced to speak certain ways or choose it independently extremely difficult. But yes, if you ask someone from the upper half of any society, they'd likely tell you nothing but good things.

I'll be the first one to call the US of A a shithole built on the backs of foreign slaves and nazi scientists for the gain of religious fanatics and oligarchs, but using it as an example to display the virtues of China is dubious at best. All empires have transitory states, and America is currently in the birthing throes of one, while China is solidly in a period of relative stability.
>>
>>78991082
>literally says “I am a left winger”
Once again, learn 2 read.
>>
>>78991144
It says he's not doing this because he's a left winger because he's a moderate. And then it goes on to say why he's doing it. While the writer has a number of biases that calls for examination, he is genuinely writing it as an attempt to arrive at truth on the subject of Authoritarianism.
>>
>>78991141
>Apart from the ongoing genocide.
Why should the Chinese people care?
>>
>>78991200
Moderate in post modern America means liberal. Try to keep up.
>>
>>78991200
>It says he's not doing this because he's a left winger because he's a moderate.
Cool, he still says he’s a left winger. I don’t have a problem with his ideology, I just think he’s a sheep for using the term.
>>
The world only behaves when you force it to.
>>
>>78987182
IDK
Ask satanists
>>
>>78991246
Anon...
>>
>>78991221
He's Canadian.
>>
>>78991276
Lavey satanists are more like ancaps. Actual devil worshipers also probably wouldn't be too keen on authority.
>>
>>78991278
There's no point trying to teach him how to read, anon. It should have already been done in first grade.
>>
>>78987182
>>
>>78991059
I mean, a god of tyranny could choose long lasting leaders so people have faith in the system right? This isn’t just mortal tyranny here, this is godly, perfect.
Sure, tyranny from mortals only could be a big mess of power shifts and assassinations. But, this could be different.
>>
>>78987182
>Implying that the god's faithful would openly acknowledge it as a god of tyranny
>Not as a god of absolute law, order and strength.
>>
File: 1568189647730.jpg (41 KB, 318x246)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>78987520
>As many have pointed out, the Republic is once again passing through perilous times. The concept of a constitutional democracy has been under attack--and by the American government no less! Themid-term elections of 2006 give hope that the best values and traditions of the country will ultimately prevail. But it could prove a huge mistake to think that the enemies of freedom and equality have lost the war just because they were recently rebuffed at the polls.
Are these people drugged?
>>
>>78991619
I always laugh when votecucks say their democracy is being threatened by the other side. Modern democracy runs on division, and labels like “left” and “right” keep the democratic elite in power.
The other side won’t do shit, they are exactly the same as your side.
>>
>>78987182
Because tyranny almost work. It is the inevitable bias, hedonism, and sloppiness that ruins the system.
>>
>>78990380
>>78990525
The 1 in 100 poors who are allowed to rise become the system's staunchest defenders because they can be told it wasn't circumstance or with help but their own effort exclusively, and they desperately want to believe it, so they do. Case in point, this anon "rose" by being allowed to work in direct supply of violent imperialism and thinks it exonerates the whole system laughing at him. He now improves their profits by convincing others, for the rest of his life, that they should defend the status quo. Giving this peasant his crumb became very cost-effective.
>>
>>78987773
American conservatives have shifted and now see the American Empire of global free trade as the greatest threat to the working class, and see the entire economic edifice as rotten. The harshest critique leftists can come up with is "uhhh tax bezos, and racisms bad we gotta find and fire the racists"
>>
>>78992083
Rent free.
>>
File: 1617831091176s.jpg (8 KB, 250x249)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>78992229
cope seethe cringe dilate rent free have sex incel
>>
Tyranny isn't law and order but the opposite. It's a system of capricious rulers who are above the laws and act on their whims. It's terrifying because they exert absolute and self serving power. Maybe a cult or worshiper of them would be like a cynical following of a greek god. Take all the ancient pagan myths and leave only the stories that reinforce the concepts that the Gods are powerful, petty, and self serving. Just add in a splash that they are not the rightful God of this world, but you can't deny the power they wield. Maybe a mix of Zeus and the Gnostic Demiurge
>>
>>78987755
You don't get it, do you? In real life, autistic incel chuds turn to extreme, authoritarian, tyrannical ideologies like fascism and communism because they were bullied. Freedom, not tyranny, is the faith of the one who dominates.
>>
>>78992471
Completely wrong
>>
>>78992579
It's true though. Many if not most lone wolf terrorists, mass murderers and ideology-driven criminals are autistic. If you wanted proof for why autistic people should be killed, there's your proof. Born losers want tyranny because they think they'll be safe, born masters want freedom because they know they'll be able to act with impunity against born losers.
>>
>>78992658
Either you're a tranny, or you have crafted bait of immaculate quality. I kneel in awe of your spergery bait-lord
>>
Listen all I am saying is if you worship me and do whatever I say you have a better chance of getting anime girlfriend.

that's all I'm saying.
>>
A lot of people social credit score must be really high in this thread
>>
>>78993418
Not baiting, and furthermore, spergs are autists and thus, also deserve to be killed.
>>
>>78987520
>psychology
My sides
>>
>>78990656
China for han chinese .
>>
>>78990748
>killing lefties is necessary
It really is
>>
>>78990828
Not necessarily you absolutely can understand and emphasize with a person and still prefer him gone or dead . You won't hate him but hate isn't a nessecity for willingness to hurt someone
>>
>>78992471
>Freedom, not tyranny, is the faith of the one who dominates.
Wrong in all fields and mixed with boomer USA propaganda . But if by saying "I support freedom therefore I'm not an incell " makes you cope better you do you
>>
They give you the power to become a tyrant.
>>
>>78993671
>deserve to be killed
>Deserve
>Claims he is a freedomfag
Anon I......
>>
>>78987182
To maintain a cosmic balance, a yin-yang aspect? Romans had gods with ordered warfare and chaotic warfare as aspects.
>>
File: 1619874243075.png (455 KB, 690x642)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>78993539
You really can't comprehend why people would prefer a centralized government instead of a bunch of infighting cucks still too scared to show their true colors
>>
>>78994130
I mean in china there is a lot of infighting within the government and society you just never really hear about it because information is extremely controlled thier
>>
File: firefox_951b1Jd9X9.png (652 KB, 720x472)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>Worshipper legitimately believes his iron-fisted reign would be best for his people, even if he has to get shit done the hard, brutal way
>Worshipper legitimately believes in a rigid and unquestioned social hierarchy
>Worshipper believes that evil gods will bring worse things on a population if they aren't appeased every now and then
>Worshipper feels that the only way to save his civilization from an invasion of even worse sorts (slaughter-happy barbarians, legitimate demons, etc...) he has to pull a forced cincinnatus and make some deals with the tyrant-god
>Worshipper just wants power above all else
>mfw we could've had a cool discussion about this but election tourists itt don't care about traditional games
>>
Have you heard of the Three Gorges Dam?
It may collapse.
>>
>>78994359
Btw suck pee
>>
File: 1617808734783.jpg (88 KB, 750x750)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>78994380
>In the far present of the 2 nd millennium there is only politics.
Can you run that campaign for me ?
>>
>>78994011
Autists aren't human.
>>
>>78990025
Based
>>
>>78987323
The Abrahamic god in general, really. "Love me with all your being or suffer a fate worse than death" is pretty tyrannical.
>>
>>78987182
Because they want to be a tyrant
>>
>>78994809
we 3rd millennium now
2nd was 1001 to 2000
>>
>>78990162
Propitiating evil gods is important even if you DO consider them evil. You can't afford to ignore part of the pantheon just because you don't like them.
>>
>>78990855
one place is allowed to report on, and loves to read, outrage against anything and everything
another place is not allowed to report on, and individuals can be punished for, outrage or even criticism against their government
>>
>>78995425
I'll give you a hint, but you have to keep it secret: Not loving Him is in itself a fate worse than death.
>>
>>78996566
nobody likes a malignant narcissist
>>
File: Summary Execution.jpg (152 KB, 800x1335)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>78987182
Men must be ruled and order must be established against their own poor impulses.
>>
>>78996594
God wants people to love Him, not like Him.
>>
>>78996639
potato, potato
>>
>>78996656
So your love is the same as your general favor? I don't think that's true anon.
>>
>>78996656
I just read that as potato, potato.
>>
>>78997341
the hell kind of moron are you, it is clearly potato, potato.
>>
>>78997484
Ah shit, my bad. Thanks dad, I'll do better.
>>
>>78997484
I thought potato was pronounced potato
>>
>>78990656
Plato's Ideal City in Republic. One Philosopher King, a Guardian Caste, a Working Caste, No mingling between the latter two, use of lies to keep them apart, Music is disallowed, as are the Arts. Socrates himself points out that as a city goes it's incredibly authoritarian and repressive. Though in that regard I think it's supposed to be a Metaphor for living a productive orderly life. With Critical Thinking ruling over baser instincts and want for pleasure. Might've also been Socrates playing to his audience who essentially took him and the person he was walking with hostage.
>>
>>78990380
While this comic is meant to explain privilage, it explains circumstances and hard work well. Both have hard work but one's far superior circumstances allow for far more success. It's not an easy
>lol u need work harder
The same way I've encountered singers more talented than celebrities yet never got scouted.
>>
>>78990723
Chink here, there's many unhappy and Chinese who've left the country are some of the biggest anti-China people I've ever seen. They do try but if I had a penny for every well intentioned action that backfired, I'd have thousands of times more usable quality metal than the Great Leap Forward made.
>>
>>78992083
>now see the American Empire of global free trade as the greatest threat to the working class
I always thought the working class was constantly screwing itself over demanding better conditions and payments without considering the impacts on the employers.
>>
>>78994130
Chink here, there is tons of infighting. The infighting elsewhere at least is apparent.
>>
>>78997821
You mean those poor beleaguered employers that announce record profits and then still turn around and fire a bunch of people?
>>
>>78997836
People seem to only care about infighting when its in the news nowadays.
>>
To answer OP's question, the god of tyranny will allow me the power to purge this guy >>78997734 before he can do it to me.
>>
>>78987182
Plenty of people believe unironically in authoritarianism. They mostly picture themselves as being somewhere *within* that authority, rather than being the mass of commons ground down, but there are at least surface level arguments for why a strong, central authority makes the world a better place.
"Tyrant" used to just be a title, basically a designation for an absolute ruler who wasn't elected. There were people who happily called themselves "Tyrant such-and-such". While we have a negative view of the term and concept, a Paladin of Tyranny probably thinks of himself as enforcing the just order of the universe. He purges weakness, rewards strength, keeps chaos and disorder at bay. Eggs and omelets, after all. You can't build an aqueduct without crucifying a few rebel slaves, and you can't create a perfect world without mounds of corpses in your wake.
>>
>>78990025
fuck off with that fat neckbeard you faggot
>>
>>78987182
Why wouldn't I? As a dedicated servant of the tyrant, I want him to live a long and fruitful life, so the order I work for will continue.
>>
>>78990855
Actual Chinese person here: The opposite couldn't be more true. China is kind of a terrible place, which is why my parents got me out of there (and to Singapore) as soon as possible. The level of bullshit and corruption is just ridiculous, the people have absolutely no moral wossname whatsoever. The only rule is literally 'what you can get away with'.
>>
>>78992658
> Born losers want tyranny because they think they'll be safe, born masters want freedom because they know they'll be able to act with impunity against born losers.
That couldn't be further from the truth. Born Masters want tyranny BECAUSE it preserves their hegemony. Born losers want freedom because it lets them take revenge on their betters. Why else do you think Communism resonates with poor people and social liberals? It's the ideology of literal losers, jealous of those richer and more competent than them.
>>
>>78987693
Also capitalism, in fairness.

Democracy, too. People who ardently believe in the will of the masses rarely imagine themselves as a popularly-disliked outgroup member.

That said, communism IS a good example, as is fascism.

>>78987182
When you believe that all life is war and struggle and that the strong always triumph and oppress, an efficient and clear path to the top which other worthies may follow may seem infinitely more sensible and even KINDER than gods, faiths, and ideologies which artificially prop up a "false" or "doomed" belief system which coddles the weak and lets them fall into chaos or ruin to nobody's betterment.
>>
>>78987736
>>78987709
In old D&D Bane was the god of Tyranny yes, but his Dogma was pretty clear that you should lead through strength and let no one rule over you but those Bane has chosen to rule over you.
As I recall there was even a mention of a slave rebellion being led in Bane's name because the slaves started sharing stories about how their masters were weak and a successful revolt would prove to their god that their masters are unfit to rule them.
>>
>>78990828
Like human nature? Do you not understand the concept on ingroup/outgroup distinctions, or does it offend you for some stupid reason?

Assuming you have any friends or loved ones, do you care more about them than some random stranger on the other side of the world? If your answer isn't "yes", then you're lying.
>>
>>78987182
Why are there nazis? Why are there communists? Why do bullies have lackies?
>>
>>78990855
>shilling this hard
+2 social credit score has been added to your account
>>
File: 1614967913318.png (652 KB, 800x1160)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>78987403
Tried to find origin of this quote. Can't find it. Hook me up Anon?
>>
>>78987182
If you believe tyranny of the strongest is the natural order.
>>
Are we going with the original definition of a Tyrant from Greece simply meaning someone who took power through illegal means or an evil corrupt dictator?

If a Lawful Good God took over a kingdom even though it should have followed the bloodline of the king who would object? You have a chance for utopia under an all powerful good natured Tyrant.

If you mean a cruel dictator than you have a few options. You usually justify the idea through a few methods. 1) It is better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven. 2) The common man are too stupid to govern themselves thus it is our burden to govern them correctly. 3) Fuck everyone who isn't me. I'm getting what I want.

So it depends if you're greedy, arrogant, or power hungry. All men can fall into one of those traps.

Personally I think people are too stupid to govern themselves even in this day and age let alone centuries ago.
>>
>>78987182
Because tyranny can represent order and stability. It can be a powerful protector against external threats. It can represent strength and discipline as virtues.
>>
>>78999601
Communism isn't freedom.
>>
>>78987182
>Why would someone genuinely worship a god of tyranny?
Why would someone genuinely believe in capitalism?
>>
>>78992083
>American conservatives have shifted and now see the American Empire of global free trade as the greatest threat to the working class, and see the entire economic edifice as rotten
that's the lie they put forward yeah

but it doesn't actually reflect any of their actions
>>
>>78987773
Why are immigrants lumped in with slaves? You realize rich people immigrate too, right?
>>
>>78997734
The circumstances of one's birth are not random, though. They are built in a virtuous cycle of work and prudence over generations, with some vagaries of luck. I had a middle-class upbringing because my parents and grandparents (and so forth) worked specifically to provide it for me, just like I work and sacrifice for my children because I want them to have the best life they can. In my opinion, that's how civilization grows and improves, with each successive generation starting ("privilege") and building a little higher than the one before. I'm not really interested, therefore, in making things harder for my progeny to satisfy someone's cosmic sense of justice.
>>
>>78997821
That's because your source on half the political beliefs of the country come from Comedy Central.
>>
>>78990571
Good post. Frankly most poor people I know who grew poorer spent above their means. Even lazy person who doesn't spend much can live without debt. To poor people simplicity and stability is a safety net in the absence of money and connections.
>>
File: Lord Shang.jpg (2.69 MB, 1520x2260)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>78987182
A: They think humanity is evil and the only way that any sort of good can be cultivated is by beating people into line.
B: They are concerned first and foremost with their own power and will gladly accept the rule of a tyrant in homes of gaining power from the tyrant by proxy and possibly becoming a tyrant themselves.
>>
>>78997821
>I always thought the working class was constantly screwing itself over demanding better conditions and payments without considering the impacts on the employers.
I don’t have a reaction image laughing hard enough for this.

First, the employees should be demanding a bigger chunk of the pie, because they’re the ones making it. Every dollar paid as dividends or ‘performance bonuses’ for management is money earned by ordinary workers that’s been taken from them. If you’re gonna pay out money because the company is doing well, pay it out to the fucking company.

Second, if a company “can’t” pay a living wage to its workers it’s just being indirectly subsidized by the government. If it’s not economically viable and it’s necessary it can get a proper subsidy like any other essential industry, if it’s unnecessary then the market has spoken and it deserves to die. This is one big reason why raising the minimum wage is good: because it massively cuts down on people getting benefits because now they make too much.
>>
>>79000805
>Second, if a company “can’t” pay a living wage to its workers it’s just being indirectly subsidized by the government.

Or, more likely, it hires illegal immigrant labor at sub-minimum wages. Raising minimum wage just means they'll pay slightly more under the table because it's still cheaper.
>>
>>78990769
That happens in China too, you just don't get to see it because of no freedom of the press.
>>
>>78987323
*tips*
>>
>>78994951
True
>>
>>78987182
Its based.
>>
>>78996276
Answer the question nerd
>>
>>78997836
Maybe I'm wrong about china then .
I'm still willing to try tyranny
>>
>>78987182
Why would someone fight and die for a brutal dictator?
>>
>>78997621
When you read this in high school you think the Republic is the greatest shit ever. So deep, so brilliant.
When you grow up you realize this dude was a fucking dumbass who was so bootyblasted over the mob killing his teacher that he wrote that trash just to spite Athens.
>>
>>78987182
I'm not going to argue that tyranny is subjective, far from it, but those who benefit from tyranny often describe it as justice and those who suffer under justice often describe it as tyranny.

For an example of the former, look at how the left defends tech giants de facto limiting free speech through increasing social media collusion and monopolies. For an example of the latter, look at pretty much anything women complain about.
>>
>>79002587
>waaah corporations are enforcing their ToS at me, this is tyranny
>>
>>79002569
>one of the most pivotal works of political theory ever written
>trash
It seems you haven't outgrown high school, or at least the high school mentality of knowing everything better than anyone else.
>>
>>79002608
I thought your kind was supposed to hate corporations and constantly whined capitalism doesn't work because they result in monopolies. I wish the left still consisted of old guard Marxists, at least those people had consistent convictions.
>>
>>79002638
Protip: it's possible to hate corps and still enjoy that the people that have fellated corps every step of the way are finally getting to reap what they've sown.
>>
>>79002656
>>79002638
It's legit pretty great to watch Moscow Mitch whine that companies should stop getting into politics when he is personally the one that made it easier for them to get into politics
>>
>>78999162
>purge
>not rape
Degenerate
>>
>>78999829
It’s because we haven’t been raping them enough.
>>
>>79002656
>Corps bad unless they shut people down who hurt my feelings
Don't forget to buy Nikes made from cotton picked by Uighur slaves because the CEO said Black Lives Matter and those Muslims are probably wife beating sexists anyway.

I can't even be mad, you chumps make it too easy for them. Fuck, if I was in charge of Nestlé I'd launch an ICBM draped in LGBTQAI+ flags at Brazzaville just to see if I can.
>>
>>79000805
>This is one big reason why raising the minimum wage is good: because it massively cuts down on people getting benefits because now they make too much.
I was told Biden was stupid for raising the minimum wage.
>>
>>79000559
>They are built in a virtuous cycle of work and prudence over generations, with some vagaries of luck
>work and prudence
>he thinks this makes results
>not back door deals, inheritance from those who didn’t work for their wealth and otherwise dishonest play
>>
>>79002710
>>Corps bad unless they shut people down who hurt my feelings
>unless
Nah, corps still bad, they just occasionally do some good. But I suppose that might be too nuanced for your everyone that opposes me is a tranny commie mind to comprehend.
>>
>>79002747
Someone who wants to shut down the free speech of dissidents through corporations is as oppressive as a commie and as dishonest as a tranny, so you're not completely wrong. So go ahead and support more power for an unelected, corporate elite. Useful idiots, the lot of you.
>>
>>78996615
Hot
>>
>>79000805
>First, the employees should be demanding a bigger chunk of the pie, because they’re the ones making it
It highly depends on how you define “making” it. Many a worker can be replaced with machinery if the price of labor is high enough and the work isn’t complex enough. Depending on the nature of the work, the design stage could be way more important thus it’s the engineer or drafter that should receive most.
>>79000805
>Second, if a company “can’t” pay a living wage to its workers it’s just being indirectly subsidized by the government.
Or they just think it’s inefficient. Many industries can but either increasing costs of living means a livable wage is higher, thus they’d rather automate otherwise, or they don’t value the work enough to pay more. Sometimes it’s just the company being assholes and contracts demanding way too much work for their pay but it’s often just them trying to be efficient which often ties into them being greedy.
>>
>>79003019
Buddy, I support the people that want to REDUCE corporate power.
>but the corps said BLM once so that means you support them 100%
retard
>>
>>78991201
They'll be next.
>>
>>79002741
I’m sorry that your entire family is made out of loser anon, I hope you can break the cycle.
>>
>>79003055
Nope
>>
>>79003037
Yes, you support them by expressing support for more power for social media tech giants. Is this one of those leftie contradictions that only makes sense after you read the Communist Manifesto upside down (in German of course), drink 1917 liters of Vodka and watch all seasons of Rick and Morty in reverse?
>>
>>79000559
For the individual, yes it is. And no they aren’t built on a cycle of hard work. Many families have worked extremely hard over centuries and gotten nowhere whereas others retained success through holdings they already had. Your middle class family is proof of this. How is it you haven’t achieved higher levels? Did you not work hard enough? Could it be some industries and systems don’t support having more? How many hours do you work compared to others? You neither started from the bottom nor did you experience life at the top. That alone skews your perspective.
>>
>>79002710
>Corps bad unless they shut people down who hurt my feelings
Crazy the shit you people need to pull out to play the victim.
>Bakery won't make a cake for gay people? Ha, fucking faggot! That's the free market in action!
>Corporation puts a rainbow flag on their product to sell merchandise? Fucking commie liberal trannycucks! This is tyranny!

Corporations are not, and have never been, your friend. Politicians are not, and have never been, your friend. Talking heads on TV are not, and have never been, your friend.
>>
>>79003055
>genocide
>not rape
You sub-rapists are the bane of all existence. When you kill them, they can’t refuse consent so you can properly rape them.
>>
>>79000559
>middle-class upbringing
And there you dun fucked. Literally what >>78997734 was about. You could be shit tons less talented than some other jackoff but don’t need to care for a sick parent. Literally millions have grew up tougher & worked harder. It’s no reason for apathy but it ain’t effort => results. I’ve met lots who suck ass at their job but keep them while hard workers without the right connections get kicked.
>>
>>79003129
Nice strawman and some good examples of my original point. Your rights are in jeopardy due to the growing power of unelected elites and you attack anyone who thinks this is bad. Tyranny is your justice.
>>
>>79000280
I made it up in my head anon.
>>
>>79003195
This doesn't make sense. You realise that, right? You realise that you're having a different conversation in your own head, than you're having on the internet, right anon?
>>
>>79003237
OK retard
>>
File: 3431321.png (228 KB, 276x286)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>79000559
>They are built in a virtuous cycle of work and prudence over generations, with some vagaries of luck. I had a middle-class upbringing because my parents and grandparents (and so forth) worked specifically to provide it for me, just like I work and sacrifice for my children because I want them to have the best life they can.
That makes it worse. What if somebody isn't born into a family with your-so-called cycle? What if somebody works ten or a hundred times harder than everybody else but his or her parents worked the normal amount? They could end up less than a lazy jackoff riding on the accumulated hard work of others. This makes the impact of the individual terribly small. For someone to build up what others had parents built for them, they'd need to make up for the efforts of many lifetimes. It's possible they won't get to that stage at all within their grandkids' time.
>>
>>79003477
Yeah that sucks, but how do you fix it? Some people are born to shitty parents, other men have zero reproductive odds because they're short. It is what it is.
>>
>>79000559
>I had a middle-class upbringing
So you're what? 1 in 10 or less of the world population?
>>
>>79002741
Once again, inheritance is something to build on. If you don't add to it, it doesn't last and your heirs will have less than you did.

>>79003124
But I'm not some undefined 'individual,' I'm me. My kids are not 'individuals' chosen at random, they are specifically my kids and can never be otherwise. It's not just about 'working hard' because some work is rightly more valuable than others and the whole point of my working hard is to make things better and easier for my kids. As for my own success, I improved on my parents' lot. Most of the people I know who are wealthier than me are either more talented or work harder.

>>79003182
That's the idea, to insulate yourself and your family from life's difficulties through diligence and good decision making. It's not an accident that I grew up in a household with health insurance, or that my parents saved for their own retirement. As I wrote above, it's not just about effort because, ideally, your kids have easier lives than you did. That said, if you do work with what you have, it can be better for your kids.

>>79003477
The impact of individuals is very small. All you can do is your bit with what you have. There's no one positioned to judge whether its cosmically fair that this family put in generations of effort, squandered by a bad seed, while this family had rotten luck and then one person worked very hard to overcome it. The former may have an easier, less challenging life than the latter, but that wasn't the result of chance.
>>
>>79004577
Assuming you are correct, what's your point?
>>
>>79004619
That your virtuous circle relies on 9 out of 10 people staying outside of it. It's like a giant whale, the biggest mammal to ever live, feeds itself by filtering tiny plankton in the vast ocean.
>>
>>79004675
I'm not sure that's a reasonable comparison given that my family's fortunes didn't meaningfully impact 90% of the world's population. That is, what my grandfather did had no bearing on the lot of a Chinese farmer on the other side of the world. He cannot, therefore, be exploiting him or benefiting in some way from his impoverishment. I'm not sure there's anyone qualified to determine if my great-great-grandfather's dirt farming was harder work than a Chinese farmer's. You could say that I'm exploiting cheaper Chinese labor today, but they also seem to have improved from being poor farmers. Perhaps they aren't as rich as me, but that isn't down to chance. America is a wealthier country than China because people worked to make it so. Many generations ago, China was undoubtedly wealthier than America (and may be again, soon).

Is it unfair to be a plankton? I don't know, I leave such questions to philosophers.
>>
>>79002710
Hate lefties and liberals but you boomers are plain stupid or lying or both.
>Hey even tho up until now we hated each other you really must help me teach this crazed dog that I brought upon myself and you a lesson for pandering to you
>after all you hated him too right?
>you wont?
>FUCKING HYPOCRITE
>>
>>79003055
No they wont?
The chink goverment is trying to build a homogenous culture right now I think that is the best that could happen to han chinese given the situation
>>
>>78987182
They should worship rape.
>>
>>79005136
>Arbitrary party loyalties trump the right to free speech and the duty to protect it from encroaching corporate interest that establish monopolies on certain channels of communication with the blessing of the establishment
There's nothing I can say that does justice to how stupid this is.
>>
>>78987182
The fuck does tyranny mean
>>
>>79007051
It's when the king thinks he's a queen
>>
>>78990656
Trick question because tyranny is not a synonym for autocracy or authoritarianism, and is not an antonym for a democracy or republic. Tyranny implies a malicious government. This thread is cursed by massive conflation of terms.
>>
>>78991424
All forms of Satanism, whether they pretend they don't really worship Satan or not, are egoistic, so the only authority they aren't keen on is the authority of others.
>>
>>79001858
Your seething doesn't make him wrong.
>>
>>78987182
Well, maga dickheads worshiped one, so you know
>>
File: 1597241022494.png (1.63 MB, 1100x1417)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>78990723
>communist China
>benevolent

>>78990769
>>78990855
Holy shit wumao posters are on /tg/ now. Please kill yourselves.
>>
>>79004592
are you a christian by chance?
>>
>>79001858
*Tips crucifix*
>>
>>78995425
Loving God and following his rules is the best way to live and if you manage to stave of the degeneracy you are rewarded with heaven. Else you’ll end up with a world filled with trannies, faggots and women who fuck dogs and you’ll go to hell.
>>
>>78987182
They're a tyrant
>>
>>78987182
Because tyrrany = absolute order in most cases
A man completely convinced of the necessity of imposing order on others even if they want to and sacrifice freedom in favor of stability would totally worship a god that embodies those ideas
>>
>>79009401
>>Love thy neighbour as thyself
>W-well not THAT rule, and none of those other ones that clash with my own personal ideologies
You either follow His motherfucking law or you take a one way ticket to an eternity getting assfucked by demons
>>
>>79010324
Who says I’m christian?
>>
>>79010579
Me. I declare it so.
>>
>>78990656
>benevolent tyrannical system
Contradiction in terms. Tyranny is by definition malevolent.
Any government can be malevolent to its citizens, whether authoritarian, oligarchic or democratic.
One can easily imagine a benevolent empire assaulted by a tyrannical democracy of mobs whipped into frenzy by demagogues. Basically take a look at the Revolutionary France openly genociding its citizens at Vendee or Toulon for having opinions contrary to the nascent Reign of Terror by Jacobin mob-instigators.
>>
File: overlord.jpg (171 KB, 1021x487)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>78987182
Who wouldn't want to be a tyrant?
>>
>>78987283
Worship El Presidente, or else...
>>
>>79002656
If you were anymore of a leftist strawman, you'd be skipping down the yellow brick road in search of a brain.
>>
File: 1407151604399.jpg (113 KB, 630x840)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>78987182
Maybe she's hot.
>>
>>79003037
>Buddy, I support the people that want to REDUCE corporate power

Nigga, who you think you're fooling? lmao
>>
>>79005136
>Only the right wing has spent decades slobbering the corporate knob

This is what happens when your entire understanding of political history comes from Comedy Central.
>>
>>79013026
>he thinks corps hopping on the woke train is anything other than them trying to reduce political will for getting taken to the cleaners over all the shit they've been getting away with
Call me when the GOP has a plan for corps that isn't just crying like a bitch that social media is being mean to them
>>
>>79013010
Good enough reason for me.
>>
File: Karl_Marx.jpg (60 KB, 480x563)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>78987182
Because you expect to be the tyrant, or at least the tyrant's hatchetmen.
>>
File: 1616112917849.jpg (34 KB, 750x535)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>79013152
>He thinks corps are bribing the left because they fear 30 year old baristas
>Not that the left has been bought out and used as useful idiots.

I seriously hope you didn't pay $60,000 for that level of education
>>
>>79013253
>if my team says something that means it's true
I bet you gobbled up all that talk of how it was wind power that fucked over texas in their recent freeze and not the fact that they deliberately run an isolated power grid so that they don't have to follow the federal regulations that would have prevented the fuckening
>>
>>79011682
The terror was shit, but
>Toulon
>Vendée
Yeah, clearly their greatest crime was not just rolling over in a civil war.
Also also
>Vendée
>Genocide
Look up the definition of genocide
>>
>>78996566
>dramatic-sounding dogma with nothing of substance to actually back it up
christian moment

"not loving god is the REAL punishment" is the fallback position when critics crack the code that hell is an empty threat
>>
>>79013613
>Deflection and whatabout

Kek. I accept your surrender. Shame about that $60K though.
>>
>>79013893
>Kek. I accept your dick in my mouth
>>
>>79013908

Pro-tip: learn how to use the "t.-" prefix unless you genuinely enjoy asking for my dick in your mouth, faggot.

$60k would've honestly served you better as toilet paper. Lol.
>>
>>79014006
>doesn't know how meme arrows work
>spacing
go back
>>
>>79014006
>doesn't understand le funay meme arrows
Oh jesus you're new huh?
>>
>>79014030
>>79014044

Newfag election tourists don't know what greentext means
>>
>>78987182
Because life is inherently hierarchical and the benefits usually get better the closer you are to the top.
>>
>>79014006
immigrant detected
>>
Always great when a shill trips over their own microdick, only way to fuck up harder would have been if they tripped the word filter and immediately followed up asking where their word went.
>>
>>78987182
They're English.
>>
>>78987182
Having other aspects, maybe? Or perhaps they're angling to be a tyrant themselves?
>>
>when a dictator rules a country and hordes of people support them like in China, they are all victims and the leader is bad
>when 2 parties trade places every 4-8 years and do the same exact shit and have a monopoly on government power, then the people are to blame not the ones in power
>>
>>79018558
Don’t forget that it’s built on division.
>it’s not my fault I didn’t get anything done, blame the other guys
>Even though we both do the same shit, the other guys are bad!
>>
>>79018687
Then when things go wrong, people will blame vague artificial concepts like ‘the right’ and ‘the left’
>>
>>79018558
Both are pieces of shits and in due of serious change.
>>
I would join a Big Evil Normal Empire on earth today if it looked after my people, provided job security, and healthcare for my family. I'd happily genocide some degenerates for a dictator if it meant my children would grow up healthy and in relative safety.

Even a moderately menacing/cool badguy outfit, and get EvilCorp Insurance would also make a nice bonus.
>>
>>78992083
>Conservatives
>ever giving a shit about the working class.

You're a fucking retard, fuck off back to /pol/ and stay there.
>>
File: dlORP.jpg (161 KB, 1710x900)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
I once played a ranger who was a fanatical follower of Bane who genuinely believed that humanity was at it's best when regulated and freedoms curtailed, and Bane was simply the one of the most iron will and pure drive to do it. He was of course wrong and deranged, but it was fun to play a character like that. He genuinely wanted good for everyone, but his version of good was similar to Saurons.

In fact, Sauron is probably the EPITOME of this trope. Sauron had every belief that what he was doing was ultimately for the good of middle earth, and the world he was undermining was flawed and needed to be overthrown. Remind you of anything/anyone? It probably does, because ultimately all extreme/revolutionary ideologies are the same in that regard.

tl;dr: Pic related
>>
>>78987323
>>78995425

Please stop being 14.
>>
>>79019496
Well, leftists don't care about the working class too much either with all the taxes they bring
>>
>>79010324
Why would I want myself to be a retarded tranny that commits suicide? I love my neighbor as I love myself. You have no love for anything, not even yourself
>>
>>79019496
>>79019973
No one who spouts political lingo cares about the working class
>>
>>79010324
You read too much Bakker. The hell is standing in front of your dad and explaining to him for all eternity why you did all the evil shit when he gave you the keys to his car.
>>
>>78987693
This is the most important distinction between communism and socialism. What was practiced by the soviets and other communist countries was not socialism. Socialism seeks to abolish class, that there is no 'bottom' of the political system.

It's a very naive idea. Which is why the people who believed in it thought the only way to accomplish it was to eradicate free will for a while and brainwash the populace into altruism. Naturally this paved the way for an authoritarian dictator to succeed the country.
>>
>>79018687
This thread is the epitome of that, defending tech mega corps because the other side suffers from them.
>>
>>79013829
With the decisive Battle of Savenay (December 1793) came formal orders for forced evacuation; also, a 'scorched earth' policy was initiated: farms were destroyed, crops and forests burned and villages razed. There were many reported atrocities and a campaign of mass killing universally targeted at residents of the Vendée regardless of combatant status, political affiliation, age or sex.[44] One specific target were the women of the region. Since they were seen, in a way, that they were carrying anti-revolutionary babies, they were seen as primary targets.
From January to May 1794, 20,000 to 50,000 Vendean civilians were massacred by the colonnes infernales ("infernal columns") of the general Louis Marie Turreau.
In Anjou, directed by Nicolas Hentz and Marie Pierre Adrien Francastel, Republicans captured 11,000 to 15,000 Vendeans, 6,500 to 7,000 were shot or guillotined and 2,000 to 2,200 prisoners died from disease.
Estimates of those killed in the Vendean conflict—on both sides—range between 117,000 and 450,000, out of a population of around 800,000.

tl;dr
a)Bro just kill half the populace regardless of sex or age for having political opinions
b)Point to a dictionary definition if they get upset about being genocided, that'll show them
???
d)Revolutionary France confirmed for worshipping Tyranny
e)While you are busy genociding peasants, prohibit Christianity and establish some imaginary Culte de la Raison or whatever masonic idol du jour
>>
>>79020663
>No True Scotialism
Take notes, DMs, take notes. When The Thirty Seventh In A Row Tyrannical Goblins Ochlocracy of Cannibalia yet again collapses because of inefficient slave labour and all the pesky adventures sabotaging it, the Supreme Leader will just start anew for the thirty eighths time.
It was not true goblinism, you see, the stupid human peasant just don't know what's best for them!
>>
>>79022656
North Korea is a democracy.
>>
>>78987182
Probably because it's a god-king who was once a man but ascended to godhood through pure tyranny. Such a man would have a life before godhood full of friends and supporters and courtiers, all of whom are potential saints now.
>>
>>79005922
>party loyalties trump the right to free speech and the duty to protect
It does for any person who understands loyalty.Your opinion and your right to say it are irrelevant to me retard
>>79013062
Only the Cuckservatives do it and then try to get the lefties for help when it doesnt turn out as expected.
>>
>>79023121
>party loyalty
The CCP wishes it could breed voting cattle as docile as the average American.
>>
>>79023121
>left
>not twinking for corperate dick

If you think American politics are anything but old corperate families flexing and wooing each other for support you are retarded. Kleptocracy at its finest
>>
>>79011682
>Tyranny is by definition malevolent.

That's one definition of tyranny, but not the only one:

> A government in which a single ruler is vested with absolute power.
> The office, authority, or jurisdiction of an absolute ruler.

And that's just the modern definitions. The classical definition of tyranny was rule by someone with no legal right to rule. Classically, Tyrant was just someone who seized power without a legitimate claim. They could still rule benevolently.
>>
>>78987182

Same reason someone worships any god: it represents something sacred. So the real question here is: what is sacred tyranny? Well the sacred typically embodies some element of the social order which must be honored and maintained. Understanding that, several possibilities immediately come to mind:

1. A tyrant ending a society's internal conflicts by force establishing an era of peace and prosperity.
2. A tyrant forcibly uniting disparate peoples into a single society, thus establishing a new social order.
3. A tyrant over throwing a regime which has become transgressive in order to preserve or re-establish the social order (ex. killing a mad king).

I imagine an established cult of a God of Tyranny would exist in a society as a check and balance against corruption and factionalism by that society's ruling class. It would serve as a warning to rulers that if they become weak, divisive, or otherwise a threat to the social order, then stronger/better men will seize power to preserve society. The central figure of worship would be a God or Gods who rose up against a prior order like Zeus and the other Greek gods overthrowing Chronos and the titans. The "saints" of a such a cult would be conquerors who established empires and dictators who deposed corrupt or ineffective rulers.
>>
>>78987182
the heart of tyranny is still order. an overwhelming fear of chaos and disorder could lead one to it.
>>
>>79023121
This post is unintentionally a great answer to OP's question.
>>
>>78990656
Huey Long's Louisiana
>>
>>78997821
>I always thought the working class was constantly screwing itself over demanding better conditions and payments without considering the impacts on the employers.

That is still an issue, believe it or not a company will prefer more profits over loyalty to a nation in most cases. America has some industry still but it located at the sunbelt because their approach is so different from the rust belt. With weaker unions, looser regulations, and less taxes it is far easier for startups and preestablished companies to locate there. The rustbelt priced itself out of the market and was screwed by a cheaper global work pool.
>>
>>79017985
Based and Leviathan pilled.
>>
>>78987182
Congratulations, you entered the beautiful trainwreck that is DnD theology and subsequently all systems and worlds that are copying DnD cosmology. The cause for this trainwreck is rooted in the designers creating lore that canonises gameplay instead of giving immersion. At the same time you basically come back to why there must be evil races: Because evil gods created them to worship them.
>>
>>79029463
>Long
>Tyrant
Kaiserreich please go
>>
>>79029715
He was senator and governor at the same time and able to pass legislation in hours, he had a cabal of underlings that obeyed his every will. I guess he could be classified more as an autocrat than tyrant, but even so he was authoritarian as hell.
>>
>>79029779
You mean like how UK PMs also have a seat in parliament, by default lead the majority party of the house of commons, can appoint life peers in the house of lords and have no fixed term limit? By your logic the UK is an elective dictatorship.

By my logic too, by the way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.