[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Harvest Trees, Turn Them To Cardboard, Put Trees On the Cardboard Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>Gate Ruler
>Battle Spirits
>Ashes
>The other DBZ game
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/Lq1C9wBT

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

Coordinate in thread to get some games in!

>Last Thread
>>78929503

>Thread Question:
Do you sleeve up decks in appropriately colored sleeves?
>>
File: 20200612_180552.jpg (1.82 MB, 3264x2448)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>TQ
For stuff I'm just sticking in an album for a collection I throw most everything into a black Ultra Pro sleeve. Was worried about the texture on an album getting imprinted into any given card on top of the obvious reasons.
For actual decks I bought a ton of one sleeve design and perfect fits under them that I use for every deck I make. It's harder to have cheesecake misplaced or stolen in my experience but to be consistent with any particular design would achieve the same effect I think.
>>
>TQ
No, I use colorless opaque sleeves for everything.
>>
>>78972677
I use clear sleeves
>>
>>78973466
>>78973554
Penny sleeves for everything or a sturdier clear sleeve?
>>
File: 20210502_165806.jpg (3.44 MB, 4032x3024)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>78974111
Like this
>>
Are there any card games that have bigger than average sized cards? Like that use tarot cards for example? I don't like how small the cards are and how they fit in my hand, and don't want to put a condom on them to increase the size.
>>
>>78974368
There's some Steve Jackson games that use around 4x6 tarot sized cards, stuff like the Knightmare chess ccg. Then there's stuff like Hecatomb with very different looking card that might suit you.
>>
>>78972677
I try but it's not the end of the world if I don't
>>
>>78974555
I'll take a look thank you
>>
>>78974225
I figured most people just went for solid matte sleeves instead of clear ones like that.
>>
>>78973550
How 2 proxy 101:
1. Find images of the cards you want to proxy.
2. Arrange them so they will print the same size as the cards in your game of choice (if you lack technical skill, word can work fine)
3. Print them
4. Put bulk commons/lands in sleeves
5. Put the cards you printed in the sleeves.
>>
>>78975824
>word can work fine
If you use a program like this, do a test page to see what the dimensions come out like.
>>
>>78975913
You can set the paper size and guide rulers, so if you set the page up correctly, you shouldn't have any issues.
>>
I have a couple questions I am curious to know /acg/'s answer to after a playtest of the game I am making.

1. How much downtime are you willing to endure for multiplayer? Are you okay waiting a while for your turn when a couple other players have to think about their turn or would you prefer really quick back and forth 2 player games?

2. How do you feel about the possibility of getting locked out of a colour you drafted? My current iteration requires a colour to be on board to play that colour. Players have an "extra deck" of cards whose main purpose is to provide colours and they can put out 1/turn. However these cards are in the regular draft pool. They are guaranteed 1/hand, but you still have to pick them over another card, and one player can draft all of a single colour to prevent other players from playing that colour.
>>
>>78976126
>1.
I despise slow play even for the most complicated shit you really dont need more than 3 minutes
>2.
shouldn't be possible and separate set of rules specifically for draft should be made to make it not possible or at least less likely
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>78976126
>2. How do you feel about the possibility of getting locked out of a colour you drafted? My current iteration requires a colour to be on board to play that colour. Players have an "extra deck" of cards whose main purpose is to provide colours and they can put out 1/turn. However these cards are in the regular draft pool. They are guaranteed 1/hand, but you still have to pick them over another card, and one player can draft all of a single colour to prevent other players from playing that colour.
I'm sure it's doable, but I think it's pretty dangerous. One of the big flaws with mtg is that the land system can create non-games - games that are basically over before they start. It would make those resource cards a very high pick, and picking them early and not having any go around late could lock you into a specific colour or colour combination - it has a big risk of putting the rest of the draft on rails. This could be mitigated by having multiples in each pack, making picking them up less of a priority - and maybe give some small on-play effects to make them more interesting? I'm sure there's a way to do it and make it work, but be aware you're playing with fire in that space - especially if draft is a main format.

>1. How much downtime are you willing to endure for multiplayer?
This really depends on the person, but looking at the popularity of EDH in the multiplayer-tcg scene my guess is people can put up with some longer turns, as long as there's the option to use some kind of interaction on those turns. Not every deck needs it, but it needs to available to the players who are prone to getting bored watching other players play while they can't do anything (side rant: there's bizarrely few tcgs that support multiplayer, and I think one of the big factors supporting mtg's ongoing popularity is that it's one of the few that's built to support multiplayer).
>>
>>78976126
It should only be possible to be locked out if you draft really greedily. It could be an interesting mechanic but it should inform how you draft rather than being something that actually happens normally.
>>
>>78976371
>separate set of rules specifically for draft should be made to make it not possible or at least less likely
Draft is the primary format, so everything I am doing with that format in mind.

>>78976459
>and maybe give some small on-play effects to make them more interesting?
They each have effects, and there are colourless gates, but theor primary purpose is to prevent drafting goodstuff.dek by enforcing some form of colour restriction.

>This could be mitigated by having multiples in each pack, making picking them up less of a priority
My current potential solution is to put them in a seperate draft after the main draft. I will also point out that there are 3 copies of each in a draft and having more than one (with a few notable exceptions) will have no advantage.

>as long as there's the option to use some kind of interaction on those turns. Not every deck needs it, but it needs to available to the players who are prone to getting bored watching other players play while they can't do anything
There's definitely some interaction, but it's limited to a few cards on each pod.

>>78976589
>It should only be possible to be locked out if you draft really greedily.
Can you elaborate on this a little. I want to know if what I have fits your definition.
>>
File: WXK03-003B.jpg (290 KB, 859x1199)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Sweet jesus why are WIXOSS LRIGS so fucking sexy? Just look at those thighs wow.
>>
File: 1595493506556.jpg (104 KB, 420x390)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Who the fuck is Rudy, and why do FaB players keep talking about him?
>>
>>78977411
king jew of the investors
>>
File: images (12).jpg (19 KB, 250x349)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>78977393
Posting an actually sexy LRIG
>>
Nobody posted the new FoW spoilers.
>>
>>78977580
>>
Previous dolphins actually had the creature type Dolphin. What a nerf. Absolutely unplayable.
>>
>>
Last one
>>
>>78974225
Are those matte clear Dragon Shields?
If so, my entire Ashes collection agrees with your taste in sleevage.
>>
Force of Will has so many hot girls.
>>
>>78974225
have fun when some autist notices a small nick in one of your backs and reports you for marking.
>>
>>78977666
Literally why I started to collect. I don't even play and never plan to. BUT DAYUM the art is good! 10/10 I get why niggas play
>>
>>78977659
They look like KMC. Dragon mattes are a little longer at the top.
>>
>>78973550
>>78975824
This anons got it. The lands are just for stiffness. Regular laser or inkjet printing on letter paper is fine. Once it's in the sleeves you can't tell the difference.
>>
>>78977566
Tama’s okay.
>>
>>78972677
Monarch prerelease weekend. Wow, just wow. The best 30 bucks I've spent all year. So glad I didn't listen to the haters.
>>
File: 20210502_223400.jpg (3.08 MB, 4032x3024)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>78977832
I only play with friends :)
>>78977994
Dragon Shield pic related
>>
>>78978728
oops meant to reply to>>78977659 as well
>>
>>78978728
Huh, they are Dragon Shield after all. I think the double sleeving was throwing me off. Nice choice, Dragon Mattes are really solid. I like KMC's slightly more as they're not quite as sharp, but Dragon Shields are built like tanks and are really reliable.
>>
>>78977580
yeah I kept forgetting, thanks
so not Shaela but she seems really strong, here's all the cards she should enable but I don't know how to filter non-ruler cards
http://www.fowtcg.com/cards?utf8=%E2%9C%93&w=&k=&r=&am=1&cf=0&ct=&af=&at=&df=&dt=&t=choose+random&rr=
>>
>>78978716
How much did you make?
>>
>>78978716
Glad you had fun. Got to play cards with a friend this weekend as well.
>>
>>78978716
>>78979010
>>78979029
>>78937880
>>
File: 3436.jpg (98 KB, 557x777)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>78978991
The vast majority of them are Stranger deck which she can't use. Mad Tea-Party is interesting though. And there are a few others your search criteria missed but not many are interesting.
>>
File: IMG_3083.jpg (653 KB, 1668x1198)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
Welp, said fuck it and played a game of Z/X ignoring basically every card effect to try and get a better sense of the core gameplay. And that was a great idea. Z/X effects tend to be lengthy, do a bunch of things at once, and are very specific. The core game is actually really neat - most of the game feels very much the same as a bunch of other games - there are shields from Dual Masters, Triggers from Vanguard, and mana from Dual Masters as well. However, the fact that both players share the same field makes for some really interesting game situations.
I'll probably make a Z/X next how-to-play video next.
>>
>>78979046
OP literally mentions FaB though?
>>
File: 20210416_211916.jpg (2.28 MB, 3264x2448)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>78979076
Briefly show and explain the two card thing if at all possible, doesn't have to be in any gameplay. I figure it's one of the gimmicks Z/X has to show that would be interesting even as a short little snippet.
>>
>>78979029
Fuck yes! Playing with friends is awesome.
>>
>>78979178
You can post both places. I just rejoined acg from skipping it for a whole weekend.
>>
>>78979178
That thread is just for pre-release talk, and it is actually wrapping up now, post there for tonight, and all talk will leak back here whenever.
>>
File: 20210330_150124.jpg (679 KB, 1185x1495)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>78979308
>>
>>78979284
Yeah, that's one of the few effects I figured it would be worth it to go over - it's another thing that feels really unique about Z/X.
>>
>>78979354
dont tell me what to do
>>
>>78972677
>TQ
I'm more the "play favourite deck with favourite sleeves" type for a game I keep up with. I kind of try to keep color coordinated with the non-main decks, but since I have a lot of black sleeves leftover I just use those. For games I don't particularly update often I just use clear sleeves, and Keyforge I don't sleeve at all.

>>78976126
>1
While quick turns are ideal, depending on the type of game longer turns are tolerable. If it's just thinking through a turn and not doing anything though then probably 1-2 minutes tops.
>2
Netrunner's draft format used to have a few default neutral cards that players can freely use if they end up with not enough of a particular type of card, which are particularly worse than the normal draft cards. Maybe you can have something similar to that? As the other anon said though your current method could be a way to punish greedy drafting, even if I'd personally prefer something like a free colorless card in every deck that can be used to play any card but only once a turn or more. Or any other method that lets you keep playing, just less efficiently.
>>
File: FAB022.png (779 KB, 546x762)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>78979354
I'm going to post full post-morten report tomorrow but I'm too exhausted to do it right now (ran all weekend long). If the thread it still up I'll post there, otherwise I'll be happy to share my experience with /acg/
>>
>>78977627
This a nice ice witch.

>>78979076
The grid you play always looked like a cool mechanic. Doesn’t seem too common to find a player in these threads though.

>>78979358
Just ordered some Nowis. Looking forwards to when they show up.
>>
>>78979788
>While quick turns are ideal, depending on the type of game longer turns are tolerable. If it's just thinking through a turn and not doing anything though then probably 1-2 minutes tops
Don't thin this answers the heart of what I was asing, so maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant to ask is how much are you willing to put up with the down time that inherently comes with multiplayer?
>As the other anon said though your current method could be a way to punish greedy drafting, even if I'd personally prefer something like a free colorless card in every deck that can be used to play any card but only once a turn or more. Or any other method that lets you keep playing, just less efficiently.
There are some things that let you rainbow more effectively, but they have to be drafted. Also, 1/turn play a card of any colour would probably be the best gate in the game. Especially when you remember using it to play a Red permanent turns on all your other Reds.
>>
Which one of you chucklefucks is pushing Rumpy on /b/ of all places? >>/b/>>853514965
>>
>>78980417
cross board link fail >>/b/853514965
>>
>>78980431
>>78980417
triple, newfriend
>>
>>78980445
what the fuck is 4channel? When did it switch?
>>
File: CC.jpg (145 KB, 968x983)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>78979010
I made a torrent of memories and forged a great many acquaintances that may yet blossom into friendship.
>>
>>78977580
>>78977611
>>78977589
you just know
>>
>>78980292
>What I meant to ask is how much are you willing to put up with the down time that inherently comes with multiplayer?
Since I play board games as well having a little down time between my turns is not a problem. I do want to point out however, that a longer waiting time is more tolerable if you have something to do while other players take their turn. Responding to another player is one way, but getting into a bout of analysis paralysis by yourself is another. The dullest turn in a multiplayer game I can think of is when you can only do X and Y, and both options fire and forget effects. The best turn I can think of is doing a thing, then spending your waiting time hoping that you didn't fuck up.

>Especially when you remember using it to play a Red permanent turns on all your other Reds.
What I was thinking was something like by default being able to play any color, but if you do so then that is your turn, you can't play anything else after. Less of a way to expand deckbuilding options, more like a safety net against dead turns. But you do you, since I do like the idea of being forced to draft inefficiently to get a better deck later.
>>
>>78978716
Wish the only LGS within 45 minutes of me didn't burn down. Not sure if they're doing flesh and blood but hopefully they are and are back up and running for the next pre-release. Would have liked to have participated.
>>
>>78980860
>burn down
Is there a story?

My college LGS flooded after I left the town, and it never reopened. Didn’t play at the store much but looking back they had an amazing inventory. In addition to having a shitton of old MtG packs without a significant markup, they had the Vampire game, Anachronism, the pirate game where you make little boats, old UFS, and all sorts of other things I wish college me hadn’t the knowledge of and money to really try. At least I did convince friends to play L5R for a while after the store started dumping boosters for 25 and 50 cents.
>>
>>
Guys, did I miss my chance on getting into Gateruler? No one has it.
>>
>>78972677
Guys, did I miss my chance on getting into Gateruler? No one has it. Not even demo decks. Did *they* find it?
>>
so many of you fuckers are so trashy, it's embarrassing
>>
>>78981055
I will sell you my box for 900 burgers practically a steal anon ;)
>>
>>78981055
Welcome to hell, Digimon's here too.
>>
>>78980838
>Less of a way to expand deckbuilding options, more like a safety net against dead turns.
Again, perhaps I didn't explain things properly, but this isn't an issue of dead turns it's an issue of deckbuilding restrictions. Basically the idea is that there's cards in the draft pool that enable you to play a certain colour. So if you don't draft Demon Gate, you can't play Demons.

I will also say for clarity, the game's draft is like a pseudo cube where players select "pods" of cards, so there will never be a case of a card being needed to play another, but not being available to draft like could happen in a booster draft environment.
>>
>>78981055
>>78981060
Potomac has some starter decks left
https://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=grsfdsd
https://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=grgmyssd
>>
>>78981194
Also
https://groovedis.crystalcommerce.com/catalog/gate_ruler_products-gate_ruler_sealed_products/gate_ruler_starter_deck_gs02_summon_the_fell_dragons_english/280061
>>
>>78981217
>>78981194
https://www.ideal808.com/Categories/1582/Gate-Ruler
>>
>>78981125
That makes sense. Do you have different versions of Demon Gate? If there are several versions that do different effects, then you can let players draft the High Tier Demon Gate and Normal Tier Demon Gate, but have a Shitty Crayon Demon Gate that everyone has access to but doesn't do anything special. If all of them are just Demon Gates though then I don't know if you can stop players from blocking others from drafting their Gates unless they do it the first chance they get, or if you allow trading.
>>
>>78977023
If you want players to be restricted to 1 or 2 colours, then let them choose after the draft.
>>
>>78981257
It's just 3 copies of the same card. Any kind of generic gate would just allow everyone to make rainbow decks, as it's super easy to just put out the gate for your play that turn.

I'm okay with blocking other players in theory, I'm just worried it'll degenerate to "always grab the gate first" or new players not having a full deck of playable cards because they didn't take an early gate.

>>78981277
Actually that's kind of artificial restriction is what I want to avoid. I want a mechanic to make colour relevant without making 8 colour decks the norm.
>>
File: EN_2020GS02-005.png (384 KB, 815x1110)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>
>>78976126
>1. How much downtime are you willing to endure for multiplayer? Are you okay waiting a while for your turn when a couple other players have to think about their turn or would you prefer really quick back and forth 2 player games?
It's not one or the other. The best games don't have you wait for your turn, they give the possibility to interact with your opponent during their turn. That's why they usually have some kind of combat phase, where players can make decisions outside of their own turn. For multiplayer games, it's harder to make everyone participate because all players' resources are spread thinner, so the default stance is non interactivity. I recently played a deck building game called Moonrakers that I thought had a good solution to the problem. Basically, each player can embark on PvE missions during their turn, but they can bring other players to help them. Then each player in the mission play their cards, distribute the rewards if they won, and draw back to full. Even with more players, the game didn't feel slower because you got to play your hand almost every turn. I imagine a PvP version of this would be perfectly doable.
>>
>>78981492
How about giving everyone a random gate first before drafting? That way they can build towards atleast one color without danger of getting locked out. And on avoiding rainbow decks, maybe some sort of encouragement to play a color could help, like how Battle Spirits usually gives a play cost discount if you have a same color card on the field.
>>
File: MSW-075.png (4.56 MB, 1489x2079)
4.56 MB
4.56 MB PNG
>>
>>78982287
>How about giving everyone a random gate first before drafting? That way they can build towards atleast one color without danger of getting locked out.
I mean, players can always choose to take the gate in their opening hand. I suppose it's not so bad if that's usually the optimal move.

> And on avoiding rainbow decks, maybe some sort of encouragement to play a color could help, like how Battle Spirits usually gives a play cost discount if you have a same color card on the field.
I don't want to actively punish rainbow decks, I just don't want the game to be early yugioh where the game is goodstuff.dec all day every day. If some crazy bastard out there manages to draft all 8 gates, then they should reap the rewards of pulling that off.
>>
Was able to get another game of ScoreZ in over the weekend. Got to see my Blue ally deck work just as intended with Bojack, while my friend kinda floundered with Saiyan Broly. Bojack is stronk, mind, and it’s hard to tell if the Saiyan deck just got some bad draws of if it isn’t as good as I think it is. We’re having fun learning/relearning the game either way.

FaB prerelease looks like it went well, but did anyone else get to play this weekend? Any of the Gate Ruler players open up the precons for a game? Anyone else get to enjoy a dead favorite?
>>
File: bottone_deckbuilder.jpg (28 KB, 380x250)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Wanted to showcase the Gate Ruler Deckbuilder:
https://www.gateruler.eu/deckbuilder?lang=en
Cardlists:
https://gateruler-official.com/cardlist
https://www.gateruler.eu/dbcarte?lang=en
>>
File: GateID.png (949 KB, 1100x733)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
And some more videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dy4ePDlvMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5HFCN7eqw
>>
>>78983964
>>78983995
Excellent. Throw some of the relevant links into a pastebin? It’s been a while since the OP was updated and beyond some neat art I don’t know shit about Gate Ruler.
>>
>>78977580
>>78977589
Man, FoW's standard for Ruler art seems to have gone down since last I looked at the game. Granted, that was back in Reiya Cluster before the company shift.
>>
File: advancedsearch_pc.png (1.42 MB, 1800x1118)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>78984034
I've been meaning to make a pastebin but that other anon is welcome to
>>
>>78973370
Damn lack made those sleeves? Where can I get some?
>>
>>78984034
>>78984158
I don't know if I'm able to make one that's good enough. But I might be able to augment couple stuff.
>>
>>78983697
>Got to see my Blue ally deck work just as intended with Bojack
Excellent! Did you have fun with it?
>Saiyan Broly
Which Mastery?

Meanwhile, just noticed FFG finally released the first solo/coop Adventure Deck for Keyforge. I'm excited to try it out. Supports 1-3 players as you do battle with a fuckhuge Kraken.
>>
>>78984333
I had a lot of fun. The deck uses an ally package with the Blue WG energy Mastery, so most of the deck is blue cards that can be both attacks and blocks along with setting up energy attacks (making them free, gaining energy, repeating, etc.). It’s definitely at its deadliest with someone like Bojack or Babidi, but it should work well with just about any group of personalities for the level of gameplay I’m aiming for.

>Which Mastery?
Broly was using the Buu Mastery so he could ramp up fast. It didn’t go super well, but without being at the helm I don’t know what to exactly attribute it to. It’s not like the deck didn’t at least engage in the game, and it wiped my allies from the field at least three times during the game so it could be that my decks just aren’t prepared to handle consistent energy attacks.

I’ve also got the Cell Mastery on hand.

>solo/coop
I thought about this a few months into the pandemic, but if someone had happened to have a solo card game/board game hit the market right before lockdown they probably would have done well for themselves. A deckbuilder or a push-your-luck game balanced for one person against the “AI”. How does the Keyforge Adventure deck work?
>>
>>78984895
>How does the Keyforge Adventure deck work?
Giant Kraken begins the game in play, can't be removed. Its power = 30 × number of players. After each player turn you have the Kraken turn. Draw and play 2 cards from the Kraken's deck. All untapped creatures it has on the field will reap or attack. Any of the creatures that will attack you say things like "prey - weakest flank creature" or any other manner of criteria. It also has artifacts and upgrades (enchantments) it will use. The players just use their regular Keyforge decks.
A bit more to it than that, but that's the general idea.
>>
Here's the rulebook. It's just a few pages.
>>
I’m trying to decide whether to take part in the Force of Will GP on the 16th.

Would it be worth it, given I wont be able to play anything except a starter deck and I’ll be nervous as all hell?
>>
>>78985297
>are the participation promos worth the price of entry?
Probably
>>
>>78985297
Am I missing something or is there a GP on 16th May?
You're probably talkinga about Ruler Leagues. Those are free to enter or like 5$ that go to your local store and you'll get a booster for it. Go for it, might get some promos and couple fun hours.
On the other hand I'd say don't enter the WGP in June though due to the very high entry fee.
>>
>>78985427
It’s Italy based but open to European players and costs €43. It got mentioned a few threads ago.
https://www.fowtcg.it/tornei/1199/Online-Grand-Prix-May-2021

I’ve tried to find local events in the UK but no luck so far.
>>
Should be getting my tcgplayer monarch box today, excited to open it and get a shitty cold foil.
>>
>>78984302
They got them listed under special sleeve selection volume 3 if you look around a bit, the art is from some kind of lycee overture promo card I couldn't find. I didn't buy from these folks but just as an example:
https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m96065939450/?_s=U2FsdGVkX199l86CrN2s4vSlpBmF0oWsD2I-NrBSY2YXYDA8Iwam9jdj995-rS-AsLzv67UCQyNCCaGetbb8tLijeB9eIZ1AesC3E20tLAYV8wHzn1jWG6oGTOqjGuSg
>>
>>78985582
>rare pulls that you don’t want or suck
Welcome or my Diva pulls. Be prepared to join me in my low-grade disappointment.
>>
>>78985053
Sounds like the AI I designed for a board game, which makes sense. Cool addition to the game.
>>
So here's why we got Seal support in ROL also the ability to judgement more than once AND while rested?? We are in full danger mode, fundamental rules of the game are being altered.
>>78985727
at least the art's nice
>>
>>78985815
Word on the street is he's supposed to be a reincarnated Wolfgang and there is literally one card that could deal with him (Deathscythe, the Life Reaper) but it's not legal, there has to be some sort of infinite combo here too
>>
>>78985815
Finally a card to deal with Tsuiya at Normal but I don't think it will help with the supply or price
>>
>>78985815
a super weird but super powerful card only Brad can realistically play
>>
>>78985727
Those big cartoon hands are really cute, holy shit.
>>
>>78985815
and today's Marvel: a 1-will Altesing that adds Keez's Call on a stick fairly quickly. I see they're taking a page from Riot's book and just making everything busted
>>
>>78985815
Fuckin BRAD!
I’d assume to take advantage of using judgement multiple times you’d need a sac outlet or some other engine to turn him back into a ruler?

>at least the art's nice
I like the art in the left. More dynamic, very comic book, it doesn’t look like they put a blonde wig and two watermelons on a fire hydrant, looks really nice in foil. SECRET on the right is also generally fine compared to some of her designs and card art and the foiling for her hand-removal effects is nice, but a lot of her cards I’m not a huge fan of.
>>78985925
>Those big cartoon hands are really cute, holy shit.
This is something that is fun about her design to me. Giant fuckoff cartoon hands telling your opponent NO like she was blue or something.
>>
>>78986002
yep, combos with >>78985908 means he's come to bargain
yeah the left is definitely the better of the two, weird how it's rare to see such dynamic poses in TCGs
>>
>>78985870
>and there is literally one card that could deal with him (Deathscythe, the Life Reaper)
Not true. While it is true everything that can deal with him has long rotated out of New Frontiers, there's also CFC Zero, Lancelot the Glass Knight, and Grimm the Avenger of Fairy Tales.

One particularly scary potential interaction he has though is with -100/-100 counters. If he has 7 or more there's nothing stopping you from just spamming his Judgement.

>>78985945
Also fuck this. We didn't need another Laurite.
>>
>>78986145
don't those all target? he has Barrier too but don't the counters get removed when he changes zones? it would need to be a permanent effect like multiple Alvarez and you'd still need the will to judgement
Witch is like a more balanced Laurite since you don't get the cancel until turn 2ish but yeah super danger alert on these new Marvels
>>
>>78981955
>The best games don't have you wait for your turn, they give the possibility to interact with your opponent during their turn
that's subjective, although it is a very common feature. codex is a convenient counterexample though, and is generally well regarded.
>>
>>78986207
Counters stay on J/Rulers when they die or else Brad's whole gimmick wouldn't work, not to mention all the other Rulers who use counters.

And while all those cards I listed do have target abilities, they also have blanket "J/Resonators lose abilities" abilities.
>>
>>78985815
>>78986002
>>78986145
I just realized Atomic Bahamut can kill Brad but good fucking luck not eating a Lauretta trying
>>
>>78986417
You missed Atomic Baha Blast's "Players cannot chase to this ability."
>>
>>78986335
>>78986445
I just woke up ;__;
>>
Wixossfags was Diva Selection created because Key got too powercrepted?
>>
>>
>>78987666
nice trips, I'm sad I didn't get a premium version of this card
>>
>>78987643
Nah, more a marketing move. Start from scratch to make it inviting to new players, tie it to a new show, capitalize on the idol thing, etc.
>>
File: Tatsurion-the-Champion.jpg (164 KB, 744x1039)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
Which TCG has the best card design?
Kaijudo had a pretty good layout. Yugioh Rush Duel are a decent redesign.

>> Got any contenders for good card design / layouts?
>>
Are Keys useful in Wixoss?
>>
>>78989008
Rush Duels feels like Wixoss since most turns are you clearing the opponent's board only for them to shit out a new full one.
>>
>>78989461
Yeah, just talking about the card's visual design & layout.
>>
>>78989427
In Key they’re pretty fucking important and most the time you want them out ASAP. But who’s using what key can still matter. Like I don’t think anyone uses Soui regularly except Eternal for instance, whereas the MidoHana key and Yuki key are used in a variety of decks. In All-Star it depends on the deck and the key whether one is used, since coin costs can be higher and Exceed abilities are more common on LRIG. The Wixoss Magazine covered a bunch of the keys and which ones were more useful in which format a year or so ago. The article is in Moon I can’t read but they had a star rating for each which allowed the monolanguage burger to get the jist.
>>
File: delt damage with a charge.jpg (223 KB, 1305x1003)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
Gate Ruler Anon, I need a rules question answered.

So I have a charged shield robot, I took 5 damage from the Gorilla + a spotter and then my opponent shot at it with an event for a further 3 damage. Does the damage roll over to the charge shield and back on to the unit or is it fully healed after the lethal damage was initially dealt?
>>
>>78989856
Fully healed back to, in your case, 6hp
>>
>>78989886
thanks, babe
>>
>>78989427
In Diva format? No. In every other format? Good god yes.

>>78987643
I kind of wonder if it's the Vanguard problem. Key decks were fairly insular, so once you had a deck you liked, you didn't really need to buy much in the way of new cards, except the odd Key here, the odd ARTS there. Diva decks feel a lot more open-ended, so upgrading as new sets are released feels a lot more likely. I find it kind of interesting that both Vanguard and Wixoss moved to new formats that allow substantially more splashing within a few months of each other (and each game also released new starter decks for the formats that cost < $5). I also think >>78988242 shouldn't be ignored - I think the success of their Nijisanji collab really helped shape the direction of Diva format.
>>
>>78990044
>you didn't really need to buy much in the way of new cards
This would definitely apply to preKey as well. For every new SR that you needed to stay competitive, there were easily two or three that would never be in competitive decks. Sometimes entire decks shifted like when Tawil took on black SIGNI or when Piruluk shifted to APEX, but the cross LRIG didn’t really demand everyone play them, and better versions of LRIG usually used similar shells to old versions, etc.
>>
Not gonna lie I just started the Key Selection on Cockatrice but these LRIGS are really shitty compared to the All Star ones. Not a single black one seems to be unable to banish spam as good as Urith, not a single red one is even comparable to Hanayo in aggro ability, every green one sucks compared to Lancer spam Midoriko, and every white one is inferior to Old Tama and Sashe.
>>
>>78991024
>no one tell him about Diva LRIGs
Seriously, though, don't knock Key LRIGs too hard. They're still quite powerful, and the grow cost of 0 really makes a difference in gameplay. Key in general has a more even power level as well - there's still not a single card in Key on the ban list, and only a small handful on the simultaneous use restriction list. That being said, which Ulith or Sashe are you looking at? Tama I can understand, because she was a consistent meta destroyer all through preKey.
>>
Got some goodies in the mail. I don’t quite get how Beowulf works but I’ll figure it out.
>>
>>78991807
And some ScoreZ. These hitechs are so fucking cool.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1620072642337.jpg (131 KB, 1055x2015)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
File: 10003.jpg (540 KB, 500x700)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
Big update to the Wixoss ban list - the first update in quite a while.
https://wixoss.fandom.com/wiki/Mayu%27s_Room
>>
>>78992283
>checks cards
>see scylla
Of corse it’s more Eldora stuff. Still running that. Fuck, I’ve still got two Repair in my deck.

Why keep Become You from being able to be reused? Is it because as opposed to Spirit Salvage or Mayu getting an Arts back, this can trigger the Main Phase Arts during the Attack Phase?
>>
File: 526869072164552720.png (21 KB, 105x105)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Trans kids keep hitting me up in cons and discord offering sucs for free cards
Pokémon players being the worst offenders
>>
>>78992113
Why is he getting sued? Nobody is bullying the game like that though...
>>
>>78992905
Discussed some NDA Buddyfight stuff a bit too often.
>>
>Gate Ruler product still hasn't shipped
It's over for me...
>>
>>78992867
A loli dressed as a shota is still a loli.
>>
File: 20210504_072153.jpg (5.92 MB, 5312x2988)
5.92 MB
5.92 MB JPG
Had a big weekend, got in a couple drafts.

First up is set 2 of MM NT Warrior, sadly it didn't work as well as the first one. I think next time I draft it I'll need to have available a couple set 1 staples people can trade cards for.
>>
File: 20210504_072416.jpg (6.84 MB, 5312x2988)
6.84 MB
6.84 MB JPG
>>78993407
Power Rangers draft was just as chaotic as I expected. Ended up playing a 1 cost deck, so I could just play a 1 cost ranger each turn.
>>
File: 20210504_072509.jpg (6.4 MB, 5312x2988)
6.4 MB
6.4 MB JPG
>>78993439
More shiny rangers. If you want to have some dumb fun drafting I would recommend Power Rangers.
>>
>>78993125
But they all have horrible taste for me to be the ugly bastard of this doujin
95% of them only talk about memes, kpop and danganrompa specifically for some reason
>>
>>78989008
the minimal design of ashes cards was the thing that grabbed me about the game. still love it.
>>
>>78989008
Not a TCG or even an ACG, but the card designs for Sakura Arms always struck me as simple and elegant. The English cards (second version at least, pic related) look real nice too.
>>
WIXOSSbros why did they make it so weak SIGNI hitting strong SIGNI doesnt banish the weaker SIGNI?
>>
>>78994451
Flavour? If we go by the show, SIGNI are mostly balls of energy thown at the enemy - they're a bit more abstract than just creatures. In the game? Because of the timing f attack phase interaction, the only time you'd attack a weaker SIGNI into a stronger SIGNI is because you're dumb. Really dumb. There's no real point to having the rule in place from a gameplay perspective, either, so they may as well just prevent dumb mistakes - it also lets them make a few different types of attack triggers.
>>
File: 1573074963660.jpg (336 KB, 1700x918)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>
>they still havent shipped my fucking gay ruler box yet
might actually just cancel it at this point
>>
my gate ruler starters came in on saturday. I was wondering about any small improvements I could make to them?
>>
>>78993884
They can't talk when they have your dick in their mouth, anon.
>>
>>78995008
How about we just do card gaming sessions
>>
>>78995083
Then how will they get their free cards? Also, you said they play pokemon, so then you'd have to play pokemon.
>>
>>78995228
Does playing Pokémon tcg makes me a pedophile or potential sex offender
>>
>>78993407
>>78993439
>>78993459
What power rangers set did you use and where did get it? More details on the draft I'm interested
>>
>>78994718
>attack triggers
This is a good reason. Being able to survive to attacking in order to get a trigger off while still being an obstacle is important.
>>
>>78995307
>Does playing Pokémon tcg makes me a pedophile
No, sexy children make people pedophiles.
> or potential sex offender
Being male makes you a potential sex offender as far as most people are concerned these days.
>>
File: 1605296283345.jpg (80 KB, 353x480)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Anyone know where I can find info on the formats for UFS/Universus? I've looked around a bit but all I have been able to find is the booklet on Standard with erratas and such. I've heard there are at least 2, maybe 3 formats but I can't find any info on them at all.
>>
>>78995351
Rise of heroes, whilesalegaming.

We just did 3 boosters each, 30 card decks, no restrictions on including Villains in decks. The game is loose enough that you can slap 30 cards together and still have fun.
>>
>>78981055
In terms of individual cards, things aren't really moving quite yet. There's no section for it on tcgp. I looked at ebay on saturday, and it was missing some higher-rarity cards I was looking for. If that's your concern, I'd say give it a week or two.
>>
>>78995827
What are the cards generally going for? You know, assuming you can find a listing you’re looking for. There are a few cards I wouldn’t mind having in the collection without the inconvenience of importing.
>>
>>78995949
Quick skim seems to place most of the 3* and 4* cards that are listed between $12 and $20. I would expect that to come down assuming more supply makes its way into people's hands.
>>
>>78996035
Thanks. Blanking on any of the names but there are a few I’ve liked since the initial spoilers months ago and I can’t skim the last few threads for the English copies.
>>
>>78996035
Ebay prices are shit and definitely way too high for a ton of cards compared to actual volume of 3* and 4* cards
>>
Just wait a couple months and get your gate ruler cards for pennies on the dollar when the game is dead.
>>
File: 1613070412115.jpg (778 KB, 2200x1535)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
>>78995643
>No, sexy children make people pedophiles.
>>
>>78996180
>>
It's been a while since the last
MAIL CALL!
>>
>>78997464
Nice! What exactly is that specific product? Like a starter deck but not?
>>
>>78997531
They're the (sort of) new demo decks specifically for giving out at a store, the box folds out into a display and there's three sealed bricks of each deck. There are also 6 How to Play mats. The cards are super basic and underpowered but perfect for teaching the game.
>>
>>78997607
Neat. Are you going to open them? If you do, please post more pics.
>>
File: 20210502_215629.jpg (1.72 MB, 3264x2448)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>78996113
But dead ccgs aren't cheap though and I really wish they were.
>>
>>78997704
Gifting these to a local store so can't really do that without really doxing myself BUT here's an unboxing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGGTkKX1MgY
>>
>>78997727
>But dead ccgs aren't cheap
That's a silly comment. Some are ridiculously inexpensive.
>>
>>78997790
>Gifting these to a local store
Based, yet also an indicator of how weird things are right now.
>here's an unboxing video
Thanks!
>>
>>78997834
long story short I have an in with one of the FoW distributors but idk if I'm ready to take the full plunge in becoming a store yes that is an EDL case underneath in my pic
>>
>>78997791
The only games with singles that are pennies on the dollar are still in print even.
>>
>>78998111
Most dead cards are cheap, only a handful are expensive.
>>
>>78998111
That's simply incorrect.
>>
>>78998164
>>78998188
Most cards in the big three's catalog is pennies on the dollar and any given dead card game becomes more difficult to find over time, increasing the cost of any single from a dead card game as there won't be any reprints.
Mtg, Yugioh and Pokémon would be more valuable if they were dead.
>>
>>78992867
>>78995008
>>78995643
There better be a doujin of this out there because it's giving me a boner
>>
>>78998617
There are Vanguard doujins based on the premise of prostitution for cardboard starring the MC's little sister
>>
Sucking off people for cards it's not a new thing
That's how I got my polimerization card
>>
File: 1582865406150.jpg (35 KB, 350x483)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>78995307
Anything pokemon related does
>>
>>78997898
Love that you’re giving them away. Those intro decks for games are such a good gesture when they actually get handed out for that purpose.
>>
>>78999045
yeah idk why demo decks of all things get scalped, they're not supposed to be powerful, flashy, or rare just a simple teaching tool
>>
>>78998739
You got ripped off, Poly has never been worth much.
>>
>>
>>
>>78998591
>the big 3 are the cheapest
There comes a point where one truly has done too many drugs.
>>
>>78999125
>>78999045
bro think of the gains you could be making
what would rudy think
>>
File: buy my shit.jpg (322 KB, 1200x1600)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>menacingly poses product in front of their tower

Will scalpers ever learn?

Also holy shit, have you seen how many are flooding the bays after just the TCG shipments started turning up? At what point do the whales swallow them up and they're gone for good (prices)?
>>
File: oh no no no no.jpg (128 KB, 1238x864)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>79000961
>>
File: 1619691984102.png (33 KB, 500x500)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>79000978
>>
File: the goods.jpg (138 KB, 1253x883)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>79001021
You can't make this shit up. It's honestly hilarious.
>>
>>78998591
were MtG to die tomorrow, it would still be a century before most of the commons went above $0.05. there's just too many in circulation, and nobody who wants them.

>>79000214
I mean he's right, probably, for the average card. MTG has printed somewhere in excess of 20,000 unique cards, maybe as much as 25,000. counting reprints from various editions, you're easily north of 30,000, possibly as high as 40,000. of those, only 1000 or so are worth real money (discounting foils, special editions, etc), with perhaps another couple thousand being dollar cards or five dollar cards. the remainder - the chaff - can be got in enough bulk to wallpaper your house for a pittance. and that's not even mentioning lands. which means that, yes, on average MTG cards probably are the cheapest cards.
>>
File: NDR-093.png (324 KB, 300x419)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>
>>78972677
Is keyforge worth the time? I bought a basic 2 player set when the new edition dropped because I like the aesthetic, but never played it. Is it too complex to play with someone who has never played MTG?
>>
>>79002174
Probably easier to learn than most, but since the win condition isn't tied to beating up the opponent monsters it could be hard for some to wrap their head around. If you like having multiple decks to play with (think 10+ for a start) over building only a few over time, go for it.
>>
File: Multi-world_cards.png (988 KB, 1001x564)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
>>78989008
I also really like both the layout of Kaijudo and Duel Masters. I also think Buddyfight did it in a neat way that every World (faction/clan/colour) has a different layout.
>>79002174
Keyforge can be tiring to keep track of all the effects but i still like it just on the fact that it is pretty different from the norm.
>>
>>79002174
Not at all, the basics are easy to grasp.
>>
>>78991807
This looks pretty cool.
I'm a sucker for pitting historical and mythical figures against each other, a Mitos y Leyendas I can actually read for once.
>>
File: 12-052H.png (610 KB, 496x693)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>
>>79000214
You act like there is dead ccg product just laying around to be bought forever. A game that is actively printing cards will be cheaper to find product for than a dead game, to include buying singles and everything else.
>>
>>
any good channels for lore and or gameplay of Flesh and blood outside of CF
>>
>>79006388
put a mirror besides magic lore channels. alternative: stare into your trashcan.
>>
>>79006388
Posted this in the other thread but just in case you don't see it:

For gameplay, you can check out Team Covenant, who aren't particularly skilled but are a great representation of the average invested player in the game (they deckbuild often during their streams and play a few rounds every week). Or, if you want higher-level gameplay, you can check out TowerNumberNine's videos, who does commentary on high level matches. The FAB Youtube channel's page also has a couple of streams of the devs vs. high level players in NZ, most notably the Blitzathon.
>>
>>79006840
>invested player
lol
>>
>>79006840
thanks my dude
>>79006590
seething whale. shouldn't you be sucking papa hasbro for sustenance
>>
>>79006949
how is he a whale? wouldn't a whale be the one "playing" FaB?
>>
>>79006986
he's a seething MTG whale angry people are playing other games, nice samefag btw
>>
>>79007036
delusional thinks only one person hates it and everyone plays big 3. I wouldn't come here if I didn't enjoy acg.
>>
>>79007072
yet he brought up mtg out of nowhere and shit on me for asking about another game. But yeah pretend you are a different guy
>>
>>79007036
Nahh, I don't think he's an MTG whale. Given the hours that I see him active I'm pretty sure he's SEA, which explains the schizophrenia.
>>
>>79007036
>samefag
take your meds lmao
>>
>>79007036
if you're only playing MtG right now you're doing it wrong, there's so many fun games to play at the moment. I'm down to half a fat pack box of MTG (mostly sentimental promos I won) and no decks and I'm not looking back. idk if anyone remembers my 6 deck boxes but I'm almost done.
>2 Digimon (yes it's that fun, playing Green Ceresmon but building Yellow Recovery/RR)
>1 FoW [janky Flute combo, Wanderer]
>1 GR (Yomajin/Wonderverse burn)
>1 YGO (to play with a friend, Traptrix with Rafflesia foil back sleeves)
>1 FaB Blitz deck, Prism but don't really see myself playing competitive or chasing CFs/Fabled/Legendary
Anyway, here are today's FoW spoilers! Apparently I got some (more) bad info and THIS is actually Wolfgang! Smug babie here has a really strong tutor ability but only with certain cards, I'm sure there will be powerhouse Demonic World cards spoiled later
>>
>>79007221
illiterate
>>79007179
Go away we are tired of you shitting up our thread. go to a magic general
>>
>>79007221
angy babie, again I'm sure something game-ending will come with this Judgement ability
>>
File: Blasmophet.jpg (108 KB, 620x865)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>78972677
I know Bolt and Catfag probably missed us, but you didn't have to mercy bomb our thread to get us back, you know.
>>79006833
>>79006808
>>79006790
>>79006773
>>79006754
>>79006736
>>79006678
>>79006655
>>79006633
>>79006606
>>79006569
>>79006552
>>79006534
>>
>>79007221
That's a nice spread you've got there. I'm mostly FAB myself, but I've got WIXOSS and FOW tucked away somewhere for whenever I get enough weeb friends to play it. Also have Anachronism ready to go whenever I find someone willing to play with me in person.

Caster Chronicle friends, how does the game play? I admit I'm interested in the game solely due to the card frame design and cute girls.
>>
>>79007221
I wonder how many Demonic Worlds will be in this set or next also I'm not sure who to play anymore there's so many busted options
>>79007237
no u, I'm merely adding to the thread of conversation but stay mad I guess
>>
>>79007237
Halloween I'm going to show up as Mark Rosewater just for you
>>
>>79007221
more free spells, nbd why do I think Don't Cheat is up for a reprint this set?
>>79007284
I might end up with more, who knows. I certainly don't have all the Boulder 80+ colors I agree that WIXOSS and Caster Chronicles have great art (cheesecake) but for the former I will never get over my eternal laziness to learn kanji or make inserts and the latter seems done with no plans for future cards other than that monthly promo/patreon thing http://www.caster-chronicle-tcg.com/products/future
>>
>>79007221
STOP THE PRESSES
ARE YOU READY FOR THE WOLFGANG META?
YES, BOTH FUCKING WOLFGANGS
>>
>>79005736
The timer Brennen puts you on never fails to stress me out.
>>
>>79007237
i don't play MtG, retard
>>
>>79007450
I really like this manwhore
>>
File: IMG_20210504_184201.jpg (3.16 MB, 2393x2822)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
Just bought pic related for 3€ each. What should I expect?
The store still has a few copies of the 2-Player starter set. Is it a got idea to buy more than one? I can also get booster packs for 1€ each.
>>
>>79007121
It's an autistic aussie tranny, if you check out the archives of these threads from late last year you'll find him admitting it.

And yes, that means he's been at it for more than half a year at this point.
>>
File: Denpa.jpg (11 KB, 194x259)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>79007740
3 legs? Oh no, Oh my...
>>
>>79007807
I didn't even know this place exists last year but if it helps you cope.
>>
>>79007392
>for the former I will never get over my eternal laziness to learn kanji or make inserts
If you just want to give the game a shot, there are reference print-outs for each of the Diva starter decks here: https://wixossacademia.blogspot.com/
>>
>>79007284
>Wixoss
>Anachronism
Great stuff. Recently got into Anachronism and I’ve been scouring the internet for more since. I think of all the card games I’ve been pushing on friends, it’s the easiest to get them to play since it’s in English and only runs for like 5 minutes. I’d probably have tried FaB by now if not for all the other games I’ve been focused on.

>>79007221
Wish I could get a hold of Digimon, but maybe in the future.

>>79007392
When Open!batoru launches are you gonna try Wixoss that way?
>>
File: 148214_200w.jpg (29 KB, 220x307)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>79007284
>Caster Chronicle friends, how does the game play?
I didn't love it. It's another mtg/duel masters clone, except the 'lands' are all cute girls with additional effects beyond making mana. Functionally, it's a combination of Duel Masters (any card can be a land, but in this game they're colourless) and mtg (casters provide colour and additional effects). Which sounds great in theory, but in practice it just adds a ton of extra text to the board, and makes tapping lands a way more thought-intensive exercise than anyone could possibly want. I've found a lot of the land effects are also pretty snowball-y, in that a player who's fallen behind will need to use them for mana to rebuild their board, while the player that's ahead can use them to build resources and keep the field clear. The game also has a weird preoccupation with ignoring their own colour system - within 5 sets there's an idol faction that's 7 colour, except they ignore colour requirements if you use idol casters to play them, and an entire colourless faction. I really like the graphical design of the cards, but the gameplay feels overly derivative, and the unique points about the game don't feel strong enough to recommend.
>>
File: Book Wife.jpg (121 KB, 699x975)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
How many Prisms did you face this weekend?

I love playing as her but the simping is real.
>>
File: 1610845412016.jpg (461 KB, 1200x1600)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
Alt. foil DBGT cards really are something to look at. The card templates go well with the crazy foiling.
>>
>>79009184
I went to single pre-release any my games went as follows
Prism, Prism, Prism, Prism, Prism, Prism, and Prism. I got home, and chilled out for a day, played against a buddy, and who did they play? Prism.
>>
>>79009184
She's new and shiny, and arguably one of the easiest to build for when looking at a sealed pool. Her attacks look powerful and she only really needs a surplus of blues to form a decent deck for her. Definitely lots of Prism, though. Light being overall easier to build and play certainly didn't help given how self-destructive shadow is. Chane's attacks are all weak on paper (2 for 5? 1 for 4 with no go again? Why would I ever play these, etc.) and Levia is a bit scary with the chance of her missing her blood debt.

>>79009559
My games were all against Prism and Chane (and I built Prism day 1 and Chane day 2), so it was a bit unlucky on my part. I did see plenty of other representation in the lower tables, though.
>>
>>79009590
I played, and got first on Boltyn, and Levia, but I pulled a good pool. Its annoying how all the other classes have to balance their gameplan out, and Prism can just block with two cards, and throw out a 8 damage haymaker each turn. It makes it a nightmare to get tempo on her, more so with a pool of mainly 2 block, or no block cards. I will be drafting here dead soon, and I will be so happy to just ignore any kind of Prism pool except for greed, or hate drafting of course.
>>
So hey, the anon that figured there had to be five more English AA cards was right.

>>79009258
I’ve only physically seen one, but from that and pics yeah they really pop. Score did some good foiling.

>>79009590
>chance of her missing her blood debt.
What does this mean?
>>
>>79009879
Blood debt is a mechanic in Monarch, if a card is banished with it, at the end of the turn you ping yourself for each card with it. Levia can shut this off with her ability so she can fill her banish pile, and not get pinged. So in limited, where the pool isn't ideal, you can miss her trigger to shut off her self damage, meaning most games she kills herself.
>>
>>79008640
Digimon will be reprinted to hell over the summer so it should be easier to get cards very soon
also yeah I'd be down to try Wixoss for sure, importing is a pain
>>
>>79009987
I think it's mostly managable if you get like 10-11 6+ power cards, which is totally doable. I think the biggest thing is knowing when to stop turtling to start hitting back, because once you start hitting back, you can't take a turn off to block and need to keep up the pressure. She'll definitely have the highest skill cap in finding those timing windows and blocking enough damage that she can tank any slapback later on.
>>
>get a case of EDL
>miss the box with the god pack
>pull this
AAAAAAA
>>
>>79007247
I notice he's a Demonic World himself as a J-Ruler and besides his own effect everything else only cares about "Demonic Worlds" not "Demonic World Additions."
>>
>>79010116
oh shit good catch, so you can get 3 different names by turn 2 and maybe swing for game with Fallen Angel turn 3
>>
>>79009590
yeah the reason she was so good at sealed was because of the distinct possibility not everyone you go up against has 6s and higher attacks to bust your balloons. I pulled great Levia majestics and yet got like 4 6s.... so not even her main hard counter was a guaranteed threat.
>>
>>79010056
While Outmuscle, Pound for pound, and Nourishing emptiness are in this set, you also need banishers, which you can't always run at at 6+, deadwood is a common that you pretty much need to run since it will be in your pool, and that one is funky to pull, and you need some way to go again, or push past the 6 damage threshold being spew shadow, unworldly bellow, or whatever, to push damage past.
Weirdly, against a Prism, you can probably hard turtle, and deck her in sealed, as opposed to swinging in, and dying to your own blood debt. I don't know, its hard to say, I'll have to crack another sealed pool to really understand, but needless to say, having first hand experience, its really hard.
>>
thread is unarchived again migrate back to your gulag bolters
>>
>>79010241
I said the same thing 3 different ways, so many times that post. I got hard lost in thought, and started to build decks in my head. My b.
>>
>>79010241
True, but presumably you aren't going to play Levia if your Shadow Brute pool is crap. I was mostly speaking to having generics skew towards the bigger hits to supplement your SBrute pool.

>>79010241
If your opposing SBrute is just not doing anything as Prism, you beat them to death with your auras. I think after a certain point you'll need to go on the offensive, especially since Prism will be recycling all of her blue cards to the bottom of her deck meaning that aura spam late game will be a real problem.
>>
>>79010006
>importing is a pain
Fair enough. Being able to easily buy precons is nice, but actually getting cards for building and collecting can be a chore.

>>79010112
Seems like a decent trade off.
>>
A local store is selling FAB 1st ed for $100 IF you open the wrapper before you leave. It's $300 if you don't.

Absolutely brilliant. Love it.
>>
>>79010407
that's the ticket!
>>
>>79010407
That's great, more stores should do that and not just for FAB. Also has the side effect of having players who actually want to play just say fuck it and open their box right there, hopefully picking up a small amount of bystander interest.
>>
>>79010447
>That's great, more stores should do that and not just for FAB.
Not sure I completely agree there, but in the current environment I like the sentiment.

>>79009987
Oh thanks. I was wondering if it was random but from everything it sounds like something you can plan around with a proper deck.
>>
>>79010407
This plus a per person per day limit is all I could ever want from a LGS right now. Maybe I'd have some fucking digimon cards by now if I could find a shop like this.
>>
>>79010596
That's on top of per HOUSEHOLD limit of 1
>>
>>79007778
It's a light and casual but fun game that's pretty easy to understand. I don't think going for a second starter set is worth it. Picking up a few packs though is a great way to expand your collection and deck-building options since all packs come with one character card which are the backbone of your deck. Hope you have fun!
>>
File: 99690140.jpg (54 KB, 421x614)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Where do you guys live? Am I the only one who lives in a small Central European country?
Also how hard is it for you to get a hold of cards you want and how bullshit is importing for you?
I fucking hate the absurd shipping costs and the additional taxes, its complete horseshit.
>>
>>79010404
yeah idk what it's even worth now since it's sold out on TCGplayer and good fucking luck seeing eBay listings, I could also play her after ROL j/k because Lumia
>>79010407
fucking genius, FUCK SCALPERS this anon is right this shit needs to stop >>79010447
>>
DBZ anon you around? I was hoping you could clarify some card timings for me.

Do all the “when entering combat” triggers happen in the order you want them to, and do they happen (as the defender) before or after you look at your top 6 and draw?
>>
>>79011208
I live in cali, its pretty easy to get any game I want for the most part. Imports from japan can get expensive but its fine
>>
Do CCG & LCG belong here or to /bgg/? To me they give off that: "I appreciate them from a game-design perspective but won't play more than 20hours" vibe. That's something dividing TCG & BG to me, not grinding and playing everything on a low level instead of sticking to a couple and seeing everything there is.
>>
>>79012450
We talk about Ashes here so there's no reason why other LCGs wouldn't be welcome.
>>
>>79012450
>Do CCG & LCG belong here or to /bgg/?
Feel free to post about whatever card game you want here and we will see if anything sticks for a proper discussion.
>>
>>79010937
The game is not supported anymore, is it? I wonder if it's worth to buy all those cheap packs and decks to build a Cube.
>>
File: 1617934793358.jpg (26 KB, 248x350)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Can someone sell me on Anachronism? I saw that Jeanne is in it and because of that I'm a bit interested.
>>
>>79012552
Yeah it has been killed off so only 5 sets have been put out. A cube does sound fun, good luck.
>>
>>79012599
>and because of that I'm a bit interested
Are you me? I’ve only gotten a few games in, but I’ve had a good time with it. It makes for quick games so getting people to try it is easy for sure. I can’t speak to the game depth yet, but it’s just fun to smash Vlad against Alexander and see what happens, or cover Jeanne in armor pieces while the other player loads up on additional actions. Multiplayer looks like where it would shine though, unless you’re really into the tournament best of 5 play. Haven’t had an opportunity to really try either.

What I have seen of the gameplay is pretty unique, though apparently Summoner Wars takes it farther. The attack grids and positioning does make for some strategic turns and then for some attack-attack-attack turns. The way abilities are flipped over the course of the game is also cool, meaning your earliest decision of turn order could be what makes or breaks your strategy.

Ultimately, the deck with Jeanne is $3 on wholesalegaming, and grabbing a box of 16 other heroes with that for $21+shipping is worth it I think.
>>
>>79012739
>Yeah it has been killed off so only 5 sets have been put out
Shame, cards look simple yet elegant. I'm getting tired with the visual mess many ACGs are lately.
>A cube does sound fun, good luck.
I already see the size difference between Battle Cards and Character Cards will be pain in the ass. I have no idea why they are not same-sized. It seems like there is no gameplay reason for this.
>>
>>79012936
Sounds cool! Are the hero packs basically more decks or what?
>>
>>79007250
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>79013173
The hero packs are 5 card decks that consist of a hero and the four support cards. They’re not random, and each card is super thick and foil. Each expansion, broadly, had 20 different heroes+decks: 2 paired in a starter, 16 sold individually, and 2 promo decks. You can find stores and vendors that sell some individual hero packs but you can also find the 16 together in a single box.

Wholesale has the starters for 5 of the 7 printed expansions, and while finding the 6th in box on eBay isn’t the hardest finding the Beowulf+Musashi one from set 1 might be more of a task if only because the markups. They’ve also got the boxes of all 16 decks for sets 1, 2, and 4. Finding the others is a royal pain in the ass.
>>
>>79013456
Thanks for the info! I'll try to pick the game up at some point if I can find a seller in my country.
>>
>>79011493
When entering combat, the attacker resolves all of his triggers in whatever order he wants, one by one. The defender then does the same with his own triggers and can do his "rearrange top 6, draw 3" at any point in the process (effectively treating it like a trigger).
Example: Defender using the good Freestyle Mastery can trigger Expectant Trunks, rearrange top 6 and draw 3, trigger Goten's Flying Drill, then trigger the Freestyle Mastery. He could also do those 4 things in any other order. In this specific example, he could particularly wait until he discarded a card for his Mastery to then use Expectant Trunks and put the discarded card back in his hand.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>79013486
No prob. Hope you enjoy it. I’ve had a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>79013658
Further clarification just in case: you must fully resolve all of the effects of each individual trigger before beginning another. For example, if a trigger said "Draw a card. Discard a card." you could not begin resolving another effect until you discarded a card.

As an aside, any tutor effects are usually better AFTER you draw 3 because the card you want might be in your top 6, allowing you to tutor something else if you wanted.
>>
>>78989008
>Kaijudo.
Hell yeah glad I'm not the only one that remembers this one.
>>
I honestly prefer my card games to be dead. Anyone else here feel this way? To me, all it means is I no longer have to keep up with some meta. Constantly needing to update my deck as time goes on grows tiresome and I prefer to draw from a limited card pool when building decks anyway.
>>
>>79014569
Yes, also means that I don't have to see my beloved game raped to death like MtG and many others that have gone on too long
>>
>>79014681
Ah yeah, I forgot about that plus as well. Very good point.
>>
File: im okay with dat.png (46 KB, 376x213)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>79014569
>I no longer have to keep up with some meta. Constantly needing to update my deck as time goes on grows tiresome
Tbf no one is forcing you to do so. MtG is still alive yet I'm not giving a fuck about the meta since I built my Cube around Dominaria - the release of Te5eri was the final straw. Now I only check new sets to see if there are any draft-chaff cards worth adding to my Cube.
>>
>>79014569
Maybe it’s because I spend most my time in casual town but I’m not usually bothered by new expansions. I don’t NEED the cards, and I know how to budget my life so it’s whatever if I buy them.
>>79014681
This also doesn’t bug me. If out of 300 new cards there are only 5 I care about, that’s 295 cards I don’t have to consider when playing garbage kitchen table games with friends.
>>
>>79013658
>>79013825
That was 100% what I was looking for, thanks! Wanted to know if I could stack all those effects the be the most beneficial or if there was some hidden hierarchy or order do drawing, Mastery effects, etc. A lifesaver as always.

Unrelated followup, looking at picking up more Masteries. Supreme of course, and Aura because if I ever want to build a different ally deck or split my blue one up. Is Buu Red’s focused attack mastery known for being useful or fun, or at that point would building around Blazing be a more interesting time?
>>
Another day, another Gate Ruler video from Good Time:
https://youtu.be/rhre5AewJTo
>>
>>79011208
I live in Aus, anything that's alive is probably easier to get here than the US, but anything dead is practically nonexistent here and I've had to pay an arm and a leg to get inported from the US.
>>
>>79015912
What dead games have you been importing?
>>
File: 1356571833999.jpg (136 KB, 900x856)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>hottie autistic fem is a judge at mtg
>gets BG checked
>turns out its a convicted kiddie diddler
Fuck
>>
>>79016428
Are you the guy who was at that one store where the guy with anime girl mats got kicked out for jacking off in public? Why is your card store so cursed?
>>
>>79016501
The fuck!?
>>
>>79016428
>autistic fem
>convicted kiddie diddler
fujos
>>
>>79016008
Mm NT Warrior
Battle Spirits
Power Rangers
.hack//enemy
Zatch Bell
Legions!
Stuff I have random starter decks for:
Naruto
Inuyasha
Beyblade
Huntik
Bleach

There's probably a bunch of stuff I am forgetting, but I don't have access to my collection right now.
>>
>>79016428
She diddle shota or loli?
>>
>>79017499
That is a lot to import. The Inuyasha color-matching combat looked interesting. Out of curiosity, is it easier to import Legions! than any English games there or is it worse or no different?
>>
>>79013825
Oh, and do you happen to know what Saiyan has in the way of drill removal? Preferably on Z cards since I’m using clear sleeves. Was testing out my blue deck before I use it to go full control on my friends, and while one game against Saiyan was even, the second test was a shitstomp of pacifism.
>>
>>79017678
I'd say it's worse, but largely because i get small orders and go through an intermediary as opposed to getting bulk orders.
>>
>>79012940
Yeah, they are big and have foiling just because they are the centerpiece and the recognizable part of the game.
>>
>>79017838
Oh, that makes sense. I’ve been trying to save by importing in bulk, probably to mixed success. But so far my dives into games hasn’t resulted in a need to look at nonBurger vendors so I don’t know how painful importing through other means can be.
>>
>>
>>79014907
>>79017773
>Is Buu Red’s focused attack mastery known for being useful or fun
Not at all. Perhaps in your cube it might have some semblance of viability in some matchups, but generally speaking it's one of the worst masteries they ever printed. While it's common to see omniblocks in decks, you don't typically see them in a large enough quantity for the Mastery to be particularly effective over the course of a game. Many good attacks are incidentally focused on top of what they already do, and most omniblocks have no secondary effects, so you don't typically see too many omniblocks in a given deck. This leaves you consistently paying a life card with almost every attack you perform to make it focused only to have it stopped anyways. The Red Blazing Mastery is far more interesting as well as being far more useful.
>Oh, and do you happen to know what Saiyan has in the way of drill removal?
Not off the top of my head, but I'll have a look. In the Broly deck I use Saiyan Power Beam and City in Turmoil to handle them, but they don't discard or remove the drills.
>>
>>79016428
>tfw the only bad part of this story is "mtg"
>>
>>79016428
>mtg judge
>convicted kiddie diddler

Way to reinforce the stereotype lmao
>>
>>79018590
>The Red Blazing Mastery is far more interesting as well as being far more useful.
I’ll look at that one instead then. I doubt I’ll make another deck any time soon but another Dragonball focused deck with a Mastery dedicated to it could be a good time, and looking up cards would probably be fun too.

And thanks. Saiyan Power Beam would at least allow a turn of opportunity, so if the deck really can’t deal with playing around drills under any circumstance I know what to look for.
>>
File: 1097.jpg (55 KB, 400x550)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>79018757
Here you go, bro. Buu Saga uncommon.
>>
File: 1057.jpg (53 KB, 400x550)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>79018757
Also in case "What about allies?" pops in your head. Also a Buu Saga uncommon.
>>
>>79019046
Oh fuck yeah.
>Buu saga
How do I not have this!? I’ve got the Ki Ball that’s the ally version of this in the deck. I should skim Buu and Fusion for Saiyan cards I’m not familiar with I guess.
>>79019069
Yeah that one! How I know about this and not the other I don’t know. Thanks man.
>>
File: 1087.jpg (58 KB, 400x550)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>79019133
>tfw Power Beam is also a Buu Saga uncommon
Endless keks
>>
>>79019186
I just fucking saw that too! Sad news is I think it’s sold out from my usual source on ebay, but the Strength Blast should solve the problem. If it happens to be a consistent problem that is. There’s shit in the deck that can be replaced.
>>
New Thread

>>79019407
>>79019407
>>79019407
>>
>>79018671
now, that's not very nice.
not all of them are convicted.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.