[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Why do modern players love freakshit races so much and what can we do against it?
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races so much
Liberalism.

>and what can we do against it?
Return to tradition.
>>
Let people play what they want, and stop being such a little bitch.
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races so much
Because it's fun.

>and what can we do against it?
Nothing. KYS now.
>>
>>78547916
By accepting that 'freakshit' isnt the problem, the cognitive dissonance of realizing you're a far right nutbar with a victim complex is.
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races so much and what can we do against it?
Because they are fun, and there is nothing you can do to stop besides fucking off to a different hobby. Why? Because freakshit has existed for decades and only /pol/baiting nogames shitters don't know about the many setting books which had all kinds of weird races to play.
>>
>>78547929
>>78547987
I swear to fucking god, just because a lot of deviantart weirdos turned out to be trannies doesn't mean it's inherently evil. If you allow rabid twitter trannies to define your preferences, you are giving them power.

Sexual deviancy isn't a symptom of leftism. Look at suptg for fuck's sake. We had Harem Knights and wrote about monstergirls without any sort of shame or irony whatsoever.

I mean, isn't rampant, unhinged creativity what this board is about? To think that *reddit* and *tumblr* suppress creativity less than what mudcore imbeciles like you have made this board. Every single time there's at least a modicum of creativity here, we always have idiots try to shout it down because it makes them feel weird. You have this preconceived notion that all fantasy before 2000s was nothing more than game of thrones shit for grown ups to play pretend in a grown up way to show everyone how grown up they are are.

You're so obsessed with looking mature and sensible to everyone else that you create nothing. All you produce is vitriol because it makes you feel like you're attaining social power, like you're trying to impress people who won't even acknowledge your existence. Cringe culture is a fucking plague.

Ever since '16, you guys have been acting more and more like the Evangelical Right from the 2000s. You've become and more hostile towards creativity, and shitting on collaborative worldbuilding if it doesn't fit your fragile sensibilities. I wonder how long it will take until the pendulum swings back in that direction.
>>
File: 1526260176209.png (361 KB, 500x403)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>78547987
i dont think politics has anything to do with it.
its more to do with legitimately autistic people that are psychologically incapable of dealing with change, which this hobby has alot of unfortunately. add to that, the almost religious hold tolkien and his faggot followers have over this hobby and you get this fanatical anti fun, anti variation faction. i am conservative, and i have all kinda of crazy races in my game from geode people to mothfolk to plant people. i enjoy the fun of highly variable races in my games. and in fact i think 8 types of slighty differently proportioned humans is really dumb and uninspired.
>>
>>78547916
suicide is the best option
>>
>>78547916
>freakshit
STOP SPAMMING THAT WORD YOU RETARDED /POL/TARD PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!
>>
>>78547916
its just flavor
kinda like putting melted chocolate on a deep fried hamburger with donuts for buns
you know because the modernist tenet "less is more" seems to have lost to the spectator retort less is a bore
or maybe its more cracked then that maybe its the manifestation of animistic embodiment as every object having soul where by the end result is a colorful orgy of insanity
-Adorno or some shit lul
>>
>>78548100
It's just this toxic obsession with appearing mature and sophisticated to your peers, which leads to them stomping on creativity and eccentricity whenever they see it. This is absolute bullshit, because the real world, and facebook and instagram and other normie platforms, are about these things already.

It's sad when the website whose culture is supposedly the pinnacle of individuality becomes so contrarian that they become mouth frothingly obsessed with conformity.

Hell, I'm autistic myself and think these guys are rabid pieces of shit.

> add to that, the almost religious hold tolkien and his faggot followers have over this hobby and you get this fanatical anti fun, anti variation faction.

More like their personal idea of what "classic" fantasy is, because they don't read any of it at all. If they read Clark Ashton Smith or Piers Anthony at all, they would shit themselves to death.
>>
File: a3042581301_16.jpg (87 KB, 700x700)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
I hate this flood of freakshit in modern stories, especially with how popular it is. Like seriously, why does everyone want to play some animal hybrid or demigod. Awful.
>>
Who /sparkledog/ here?
>>
>>78547916
The cool thing about running a game is that you can allow or disallow anything. So long as you're clear before everyone sits down what the rules are, then no one should bitch if you ban the use of freakshit races/species.

Personally, I find the freakshit stuff fine if the setting supports it. Gotta set expectations early if you don't want the Furry 5 Adventuring party shitting up your Elven Court Intrigue game.

All that said, I ban Dragonborn in all of my games, because I'm a hypocrite. Different flavors for everyone I suppose.
>>
File: Common Sense.png (430 KB, 825x583)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>78547916
>what can we do against it?

Have you tired not playing DnDogshit?
>>
File: Second.gif (212 KB, 1166x875)
212 KB
212 KB GIF
>>78547933
Second.
>>
i declare that "freakshit" IS a return to tradition
>>
>>78547916
Run a game first, faggot. Then you'll get to decide.
>>
>>78548230
Nice try, furfag. Folklore and mythology are safe from the freakshit label as long as they aren’t PCs as they come from real European traditions and beliefs, unlike your hermaphroditic furfag wetdream
>>
>>78547916
You're an idiot, OP.

Firstly: the urge to play "freakshit" has been a part of roleplaying games since the 80s, at least. Traveller 1st edition featured space viking wolf people (the Vagr) and space roman lion people (the Aslan) as PCs, and that was back in 1977. Between BECMI and AD&D, you had an enormous library of playable races that included orcs, goblins, ogres, trolls, gnolls, treants, centaurs, dryads, satyrs, pixies, brownies, sphinxes, dragons, elf-ogre hybrids, shapeshifting spider wizards, Georgian British Musketeer hippo-people, gnomes, thri-kreen, xixchil, eladrin, guardinals, tieflings, genasi, aasimar, rogue modrons, githyanki, githzerai, half-dragons, half-elves, half-ogres, half-orcs, oni (well, they called 'em ogre magi), lizardfolk, wemics, aarakocra, chitines, grippli, troglodytes, grimlocks, giant talking owl scholars, giant talking raven thieves, and that's just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

Secondly: the urge to play something other than human is fine and natural, and if you can't see that, you need to hang yourself.
>>
>>78548096
dilate
>>
>>78547916
Didn't I see this thread last night? Stop playing non-humans and non-fighters.
>>
>>78548318
Except shit like treants, dragons, centaurs, satyrs, dryads and sphinxes were all playable races in old-school D&D. Checkmate, loser.

https://www.1d4chan.net/wiki/List_of_D%26D_PC_Races
>>
File: 1617477534285.png (1.47 MB, 1280x1273)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>78547916
1.if you GM, prepare a list of what races you make available
2. there is no step 2

now let's post cute beastgirls
>>
>>78548452
>https://www.1d4chan.net/wiki/List_of_D%26D_PC_Races
oh shit boys 1d4chan is back guys. that's unironically a more interesting thread than the latest summerfag elf thread.
>>
>>78548450
OP has alzheimer's please be patient
>>
File: Spoiler Image (116 KB, 575x768)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>78547916
>we
>>
I don't know, I don't get why everyone's impression of non-human races is that they're all reflective of modernist views but I guess that's just bad role-playing or players ignoring the lore.
>>
Because tabletop is literally the only place you actually can do that. Most comics, books, movies, videogames, and cartoons force humans and the standard races.
>>
I think I got it. OP is actually a furfag in denial and actively makes these threads to hide his shame and act like he actively despises his vice, hoping that other furfags and shitposters will sate his hunger in an attempt to upset his noticeably fragile temperament and cognitive stability. And if not, do it anyway, maybe he'll finally 51% and stop prompting people to post furshit around as some sort of counter-counter-cultural expression or whatever it is these days
>>
>>78548496
This. It's why Hollywood keeps pumping out movies adapting non-human series like Transformers or Sonic and shoving humans into them as the focal point, because "Hollywood Wisdom" insists that without a human focal character, nobody will be able to sympathize with Optimus Prime or the four Ninja Turtles or whoever.
>>
>>78548507
why cant we just go back to the days of enjoying things unironicly and without putting your whole identity on the line for it?
I've seen players of opposed political views and spiritualities playing beastfolk as well-integrated party members before, so why is the average (vocal) anonymous poster so retarded about it?
>>
>>78547916
make them as mundane as possible so they don't feel special for picking them, that's it.
>>
i know its bait but why not

freakshit is old as time.

you just dont realize it because you somehow dont realize that people were adding homebrew since forever.

i garuantee you if you go back to the 1600s someone will have said "lets plye a faerie queene game, i wont to be the bear chested unchaste serpent womane from the firste chapter".

but you zoomers see that 1st ed D&D only had elves and dwarves and you see critical role and somehow think theres a causal link and the only way to be le cool 4channer trad og gamer is to reject any kind of creativity

just theme your games however you want and stop having autism

(yes i did the spacing intentionally because it means you'll seethe and read the entire post. die mad about it)
>>
>>78548096
Didn't you hear? 1d4chan is back, time for an epic random page surf session.
>>
>>78548452
none of those were playable in OD and D, did you know dwarf and elf used to be a class?
2x introduced Savage Species, which made literally every intelligent species playable, and that's not "old school"
>>
>>78547916
I'm starting to suspect this constant spamming is just part of a campaign to discredit the freakshit term and make furries acceptable
>>
>>78548100
That's a terribly ironic post.
>>
>>78548688
Well, tough luck because the worst parts of 2e are what is the true old-school now.
>>
>>78547916
By getting them to play the good freakshit races
>>
>>78547916
I don't know what freakshit is but I've decided I love them now
>>
>>78548280
>>78547916
I second that ,rin a fucking game and you get to decide. Don't force you personal preference down other people's throats
>>
>>78547916
>freakshit
newfag detected
>>
>>78547916
>modern players
>modern
Speaking as a grog who's been running and playing since the early eighties? It's always been a thing, you grumpy little fake-grog.
>>
>>78547916
People wanted to play as orcs, goblins, drow and half-dragons for longer than you've been alive, you fucking tourist.
There's nothing you can do. Stop larping as an oldfag.
>>
>>78547916
Yeah, there has always been such things as freakshit, i personally have no issues with the term itself, as it fits the culture of tg perfectly. What i do have an issue with is how people portray these different species. Look at humanity folks, if you had ever studied some history you would realize that humanity cannot stand itself, before war became too lethal and expensive we constantly killing each other and it was not just in the middle east. When you introduce a whole new species into the world there is going to be conflict. Their brains and culture are going to have almost nothing in common with ours and that will inevitably lead to conflict. But no all we see now days is modern day logic were everyone lives "mostly peacefully" inside of huge ass city centers with no issues whatsoever and everyone acts like a human. Remmember if you are going to allow beastial player characters in your game make sure they can play a fucking beast right
>>
>>78548096
Seconded.
>>
>>78549698
>as it fits the culture of tg perfectly
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/59261711/#q59264418
This was the very first recorded use of the term "freakshit"
>>
File: animeclub.png (103 KB, 478x292)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>78547916
I have no problem with freakshit necessarily. As long as it's not the obvious quirky tumblr OC type of thing. Unfortunately 99% of the time that's exactly what it is.

Nice falseflag btw.
>>
>>78549852
What an absolute fucking chad
>>
>>78549852
God what a whiner.
>>
>>78549852
fuck
>>
>>78547933
>>78547937
>>78547987
>>78548027
>>78548096
>>78548114
>>78548157

Looks like we're getting raided by trannies again
>>
>>78547916
If you're the DM you can dictate what races are playable or, alternatively, let people just have fun.
>>
>>78548187
You must be new
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races so much
The core books allow it
>what can we do against it?
Play older editions of your preferred game.
>>
>>78549852
>he actually came back to write multiple textwalls about deviantart sonic OC strawmen
try to explain how this guy isnt jobless and nogames. He'd never have this problem if he were to run a game himself
>>
>>78547916
It's not a new thing. Just look at how many player race options 2e had three decades ago.
>catmen
>crabmen
>dinosaur and lizardmen
>dragonmen and half-dragons
>firbolg
>fishmen
>gnolls
>goblins
>gorilla and monkeymen
>actual fucking dragons
>actual fucking demons and devils
And most of the above came with 10+ flavors in subraces.
>>
>>78547916
OP if that image is what you would consider your faggot term to be i couldnt even imagine the kind of stroke youd have if that elf drow and gnome were replaced by a bugbear, kobald, and black gnome
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
File: racechart.png (585 KB, 688x632)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
>>78550578
Playing as shit like lizardmen is something that everyone did when they were young but stopped when they grew up and realized how stupid it was.
>>
>>78550668
So playing "freakshit" races isn't actually endemic to modern players and has been a part of play for well over 30 years.

Just admit you're a nogames.
>>
>>78550668
No? I don't recall ever stopping. Are you sure we have the same hobby?
>>
>>78550759
Hey man, not everyone is an autist. Some people can play them really well and wont throw a fit when PVP gets engaged over cultural differences. Or you know any other conflict their differences might bring to the group.
>>
>>78550793
Hey man, not everyone is an autist. Some people can play really well and won't throw a fit and engage in PVP over race choice. Or you know, bring other conflict to the group based on player choices.
>>
imagine being so angry about how other people play pretend that you go on the internet and complain about it, using your valuable and limited time on this earth to shout on a Bhutanese origami-folding forum about how people playing pink-haired cow-men makes you unhappy.
It's really remarkable the things humans do with free will.
>>
File: MY SIDES.png (15 KB, 229x220)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>78550847
imagine being such a child you rather bend the way your character is written rather than stab someone and then have everyone be angry about it like 8 year old children that accidentally scraped their knee in the yard.
>>
>why do different people like different things?
>what can we do against people who like different things than me?

Grow up.
>>
>>78550793
>>78550897
When did you become aware that you were That Guy in your group? Or do you simply have no group?

Regardless of the character concept you want to play, you are at the end of the day playing a group game. If your group wants to play fantasy races and you lack veto power, it's on you to come to the game with a character who will adventure with and at the very least tolerate the other members of your party. B-but my paladin is racist against freakshit is not a valid argument.
>>
>>78547916
Why? Because they have a hard time making their characters interesting and unique without making them a member of an exotic fantasy race. There is nothing wrong with playing non-humans, but all too often it becomes a crutch for lack of creativity. If your non-human character would still be interesting as a human then congrats, you did it right.
>>
>>78547916
>Half Elf
>Halfling
>Drow
>Tiefling
>Dragonborn

All of these are in the PBH, what the actual fuck are you on about. If it was nothing but kobolds, firbolgs, hobgoblins and other actual freakshits I'd agree with you but this just looks like a normal party of charecters
>>
File: Imagine being an o game.jpg (1.16 MB, 3264x2448)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>78550928
:D imagine playing with a bunch of american faggots.
>>
>>78550996
Don't you realise, Anon? You have to pass OP's arbitrary test:
Would your character be as interesting if they were human? If yes, why not play a human? If no, make a better character.
OP never grew out of the mindset of "I play first because it's my house/I play first because I'm the guest."
>>
>>78551026
>Monster
>Tyskie
>Cramped conditions
>Likely a student let or social housing

Not even once.
>>
Why do modern /tg/ tourists think that anything that is currently happening in the hobby has something to do with new players, and hasn't been around for *at least* 2 decades, and what can we do against it?
>>
>>78551142
nothing, this is 4 chan people come here to take a massive shit.
>>
>>78548688
>none of those were playable in OD and D
OD&D explicitly says you can let your players play as anything so long as it starts weak and gets stronger.
>did you know dwarf and elf used to be a class?
And the Basic line that brought you that mechanic also brought you the Creature Crucible books and Orcs of Thar.
>2x introduced Savage Species
Savage Species is a 3e book.

>>78550578
>And most of the above came with 10+ flavors in subraces.
I think the Dragon version of Lupins may hold the record.
>>
>>78551142
Because either of the following:
- they're a nogame blaming their inability to find games on the current gaming culture not meeting their standards;
- or worse, they're trolling a Macedonian beekeeping forum for laughs.
>>
the idea of "tradition" venerated by "traditionalists" never existed anywhere at any point. most of it was invented whole cloth within the last two generations. the greeks all fucked each other's asses constantly. the decadence of medieval nobility was beyond compare, with the halls of versailles filled with piss and shit at all times. tradition is for faggots too scared to create anything new and too butthurt about it to let anyone else do it.
>>
>>78549987
Looks like you are on the wrong board again samefag
>>
>>78548027
Christ buddy relax. I hope you're being ironic or baiting. Fucking cringe
>>
Jesus Christ stop replying in earnest to this retard.
Better don't reply at all
>>
File: 1612198230799.jpg (20 KB, 403x395)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>78550668
>mature people don't pick freakshit races when they play make-believe
I know this is bait, but it's still funny
>>
>>78547916
>what can we do against it?
Learn proper fucking English for starters.
>>
>>78548157
Meds. Now.
>>
File: take meds.png (9 KB, 213x41)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>78548157
>>
But I thought you kids loved the funny cheese-eating lizardman in your first anime Goblin Slayer, right?
>>
>>78551553
>>78551569
>2 meds posters
>number of unique posters stayed at 52
This is your brain on /pol/
>>
>78551547
Great, now bend over so I can dilate your asshole
>>
What a shit thread. A small amount of people giving actual argument and the rest just fling shit at each other
>>
>>78547916
It's called liberal degeneracy
>>
>>78551646
Welcome to /tg/. It doesn't get better. The only solution is to filter and, if you must reply, sage.
>>
>>78551654
Why do you fags always save so many pictures of stuff you hate?
What would your stormfront friends think if they saw your folders with furries and trannies?
>>
>>78551654
>Liberals are degenerates
>Literally every right-of-center chan site eventually gets FBI'd for CP

It's almost like degeneracy is bipartisan and it's the only mud brainlets can sling.
>>
File: 1595265930179.jpg (27 KB, 640x392)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>78551715
Why do you trannies always make the same retarded argument?
>>
>>78551764
That's not even remotely what I said you fucking retard.
Even funnier, an arachnophobe wouldn't save pictures of spiders.
>>
>>78551793
Don't bother replying to him. He likely refreshes /gif/ looking for BBC threads to flame.
>>
>>78551793
>hat's not even remotely what I said you fucking retard.
Yes it is, it follows the same backwards logic.
Of course someone would save pics of the very thing they mock.

>Even funnier, an arachnophobe wouldn't save pictures of spiders.
That assumes that he is a afraid of spiders instead of hateful of spiders.

>>78551808
Whatever helps you cope.
>>
>>78551793
An arachnophobe is afraid of spiders. People disgusted by degenerate furshit or gayshit aren't afraid of them. Revulsion isn't a phobia.

>>78551808
I doubt anyone does this

>>78551723
You realize anybody can post on those sites right?
>>
>>78551969
>You realize anybody can post on those sites right?
I forgot (((they))) spend their time looking for any right-wing site with 10 users to flood with degeneracy. Occam was an idiot with a blunt razor.
>>
>>78550668
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C.S. Lewis
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races so much
They have interesting mechanics tied to them and offer novelty.

>and what can we do against it?
Play the large number of games where species isn't a question, if it really bothers you.
>>
>>78549987
Looks like somone needs a reality check
>>
>>78549852
Jesus christ, what a fucking autist
>>
>>78548096
>Sexual deviancy isn't a symptom of leftism.
It literaly is
>>
>>78551928
>Of course someone would save pics of the very thing they mock.
That's called an obsession, and is definitely not normal.
>>
>>78547916
Oh, another "Ode to the friends I've never had" thread.
>>
>>78551969
>>78551928
People that just hate spiders aren't arachnophobes you absolute retards, they go into full fight or flight response when they even see one.
>>
>>78547916
Freakshit isn't a race, it's a character building philosophy. The worst character in this picture, for instance, is probably the half elf, despite being a relatively mundane choice for race. Overall though, this party looks fine, if a bit boring.
>>
>>78552363
>>78551969
Oh guess we both replied to the post before the one we actually wanted to.
>>
>>78548096
>Sexual deviancy isn't a symptom of leftism
t. Shlomo Sheckleberg
>>
File: 1272034344114.png (355 KB, 1131x396)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>78552312
Oh trannynewfag, people arent obsessed with you just because they hate you.
You are just that you are obnoxious and everyone who has been here over 10 years doesn't need to see your trip to be able to recognize your particular kind of braindamage.
See pic related, replace furry with tranny and you will understand why it is that people hate you so much.

And this is coming from someone who until 8 years ago didnt give a shit about anyone on the LGBTBBTHEQQ-iceberg.

>>78552363
Still doesnt change the fact that people react with revulsion when they see your bloated body and protruding mantits in a dress and a wig.
>>
>>78551437
Not all characters are created equal
>>
What's the chance the guy who spams freakshit threads is the same guy who made local lord and Excuse me threads?
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players
You're a nogames.
>What can we do against it
What? What does this mean? Why are you playing with people you don't like?
>>
>>78548096
I will use this copy pasta well. Thank you.
>>
>>78552629
Yes but could he be behind the Potatos aswell?
>>
>>78549504
Did Holmes just insinuate that the Japanese aren't human?
>>
>>78549852
>turning 360 degrees and walking away from the table
I always chuckle when brainlets say 360 instead of 180.
>>
>>78552755
is this bait?
>>
>>78547929
>Return to tradition.
You just want to have sex with a cute blonde girl on your farm, shut up about “tradition” and go do it. Achieve your dream.
>>
>>78548096
Monster girls are not sexual deviancy, faggot.
>>
Why does it bug you what strangers do in a game that's more or less standardized pretend?
If you don't want to see it, why not just run a game without it?
>>
>>78552805
whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
Shit like this thread proves this board needs moderation.
>>
>Rules for exotic races have been commonplace in ttrpgs for decades
>old /tg/ has dozens of stories and discussions about exotic/homebrew races
>Nobody batted an eyelid if the party was human-minority (unless it was full of furshit)
>All of a sudden some people are pretending those things never happened and nonhuman races are verboten because the wrong people are playing it
The only reason it appears to be gaining in popularity is because we're seeing a lot of new players in the hobby who, as new players do, want to give all the options a try and test their new boundaries. Election-tourists are just reaching to make someone's choice in fantasy race for a makebelief game a sign of whatever windmill they happen to be tilting at.
>>
File: 93624.jpg (31 KB, 625x626)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>78552584
>>
>>78552764
Your mum's bait.
>>
File: 1611503202952.gif (2.35 MB, 498x280)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB GIF
>>78547916
>Why do a bunch of disgusting retards who hate themselves want to run away from who they are as much as a game will let them
It's a mystery anon.
>>
>>78548096
Creativity is inherently liberal, it’s expressing your beliefs and desires onto a medium with the hope it unlocks something within the minds of others. This is why mass-produced movies like the MCU or mass-produced toys like Funko Pops feel soulless to all but the most ardent söyboy, it was all produced by committee. No expression, no passion, just decadent repetition.
>>
This thread is evidence that old /tg/ is fucking dead-dead. All we have now is a fucking hive of wannabe /pol/tards and redditors that're physically incapable of enjoying things without draping it in a million layers of edgy cynicism. The only thing this place is good for anymore is PDFs.
>>
>>78552628
Holy shit would it kill you to stay on /pol/ with this
>>
>>78553102
That´s the worst part about /pol/, really. They´re the worst board what being unable to keep their bullshit contained is concerned. By far.
>>
>>78552584
8 years ago you were 6.
>>
>>78547916
Holy shit, you mentally-ill faggot. All you have to do is not play with people you don't like. How fucking hard is it for you worthless goddamn idiot assholes to just make some friends?
>>
>>78552628
>watered-down version of an actual Nazi conspiracy theory
Go back to /pol/ and kill yourself
>>
>>78547916
The problem is less freakshit and more the player making the same 1 character but a different race everytime they go into CC. Half the time they dont think about the race outside the popculture reference they're going to be non-stop referencing anyway.
>>
>>78553102
>>78553435
>no argument
Thats what I thought.
>>
File: 1606729887190.png (94 KB, 1850x422)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>78553079
Have you noticed how the thread always starts devolving because one SJW accuses someone they don't like of being /pol/?
And then /pol/ arrives.

Bitching about /pol/ summons /pol/, no matter the board.
>>
>>78547916
That guy who culture wars through issues no one actually has. If this actually bothered you you could play one of the more obscure systems with less races then you could shut the fuck up and stop annoying everyone with your drivel.
>>
>>78553711
More like the mask just comes off and they stop caring about pretending to look like they actually care about the topic.
>>
>>78553711
Even after almost a decade on this website, I still don´t get why anybody would want to waste even a single minute on bullshit like trolling, raiding or any other such concept that has NO use other han making someone you don´t even know slightly angry. It´s honestly one of the very few concepts I absolutely cannot grasp in the slightest.
>>
>>78553711
/pol/ is already here. Chances are good it was a /pol/ster that started this bait thread and kept it going with trannyposting. /pol/ is a disease that needs to be cured from this board.
>>
>>78551969
>Revulsion isn't a phobia
I'm repulsed by shit, but I don't save a folder full of loads to post. I'm repulsed by redneck druggies, but I don't save all of their mugshots to "own the cons" or whatever.
>>
File: freakfag.jpg (35 KB, 346x252)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Stop forcing this fucking meme you concave-skulled piece of shit.
>>
>>78553711
No but I've noticed OPs of bait threads calling everyone a liberal or tranny when people don't suck their dick or point out inconsistencies or falsehoods.
>>
>>78553791
12 year olds, dude. Mentally or physically, that's who does it.
>>
File: 1528184747827.jpg (128 KB, 1024x683)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
This is literally just personal preference. Some people love playing something that's far from human, some people would feel uncomfortable being anything but. It can even depend on the system, the setting, the tone of the game.

The only thing I consider a problem is how modern game design seems to encourage adding a lot of races far beyond the classics. Especially since this has influenced how they create differences between races - instead of some flipped stats everyone is basically a baseline human statline slapped with some toys and abilities that range from mildly useful to just for flavor. It's not what I find interesting and leaves the door too open to too many races rather than making a few feel unique and actually meaningful in terms of stats.
>>
>>78552805
They're the definition of sexual deviancy, you retard. Understand what words mean.
>>
>>78553791
To the /pol/-pilled one is either based or a libtard, and it is the duty of the based to trigger the libtard. The irony of this is utterly lost to them.
>>
>>78548650
Homebrew is one thing but the game saying you have to include 50 races or you're racist is another.
>>
>>78553872
>the game saying you have to include 50 races or you're racist is another.
Name three systems that say this.
>>
>>78553674
You reject any sound argument out of hand by repeating thought-terminating cliches and crying until the people with the hard questions leave you alone. Telling you to fuck off and kill yourself is less of a waste of time than actually arguing.
>>
>>78553011
Actually it was created by liberals, whose entire existence is by committee.
>>
>>78553885
>they printed it in a book, it means I have to do it!
It's people that can't say no or don't have a game anyway.
>>
>>78553674
The image you posted doesn't have anything to do with the definition of cultural Marxism.
Let's play Devil's advocate and pretend that cultural Marxism is an actual issue and not a right-wing anti-semitic conspiracy theory, how do you define it? Because a bunch of college kids getting piercings and coloring their hair has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Typical 5th Ed Group.jpg (195 KB, 1200x805)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>78547916

You ultimately just have to find a different game to run. I've never found gamers receptive to mods and heavy restrictions(they'll either bellyache about them or just pretend to not parse them until you run some generic anything goes high-fantasy costume party shit like they wanted to all along).

>>78552628

It's more like cultural Neoliberalism. Get everyone arguing about troons and racism in old movies so no one protests the Forever War, Silicon Valley censorship, corporate feudalism, etc.
>>
>>78553885
D&D 3.5E, D&D 4E, D&D 5E
>>
>>78553970
Nope, page numbers. Post them or concede.
>>
>>78548650
Why the fuck would a 16th century person want to play as a representation of the devil/catholic church? Red cross knight + Lady Una and lion companion + Satyrane is a perfectly viable party.
>>
>>78553993
It's implied.
>>
>>78554033
No it's not. Post the precise passage which directly implies this or concede. Do not respond without verbatim passages.
>>
>>78548096
Dude, running the same identikit characters to chase a trend isn't creative. Let me guess: colourful tiefling, dreamworks eyebrow, ambiguous gender, victorian/modern style clothing?

It's just kids being kids, same as the drizzt clones in the late 90's.
>>
>>78554047
It's implied by the culture. There is more to a came than the physical books you dolt. Concede now.
>>
File: 1602018120061.gif (1.95 MB, 237x240)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>78548027
False equivalents make baby jesus cry.
>>
>>78547929
>Return to tradition.
But OP will still seethe at bisexuality as the norm and nationhood over race.
>>
>>78554067
You, as the claimant, must offer evidence supporting your claim. Provide evidence or concede. Any response other than that which provides exact evidence is an admission if your failure to provide evidence.
>>
>>78552805
except centaurs those are just for fucking freaks wtf.
>>
>>78554033
>>78554067
What exactly is implied? That you have to make your PCs a fruitloop band of "freakshit" or the Wizard Racism Police will end your session?.
>>
>>78554033
It isn't. This is like saying that the rules of Shadowrun imply that you have to be a Communist or some gay shit like that.
>>
>>78553958
Your gamers are shit, creativity is born of limitations. They shouldn't just bitch and whine if the GM doesn't give them something they want.
>>
>>78554067
>It's implied by the culture
Right, so you can't even name 1 system that says you have to include 50 races or you're racist, you just have to make nebulous appeals to "the culture" when asked about your claims about a system (which by the very term implies a default rule.)
I should have known you couldn't when you listed three editions of the same system instead of three systems.
>>
>>78554091
You are the one that needs to concede. Provide evidence and then concede.
>>
>>78554067
You have changed your argument twice now, from "The books state this" to "the books imply this" to "the culture surrounding the books implies this." Declare your standing now and provide evidence. It is not our responsibility to counter each argument until you finally make an argument too nebulous to disprove. State your case concisely and provide evidence, or leave with your tail between your legs like the coward you are.
>>
>>78554218
Don't respond to me twice.
>>
>>78554216
You have failed to provide evidence. I have offered clear guidelines to this discussion and you have failed to meet them. I declare victory. I refuse to respond further until you meet my conditions. GG, no re.
>>
>>78548544
They want to be mad, and want other people to be mad about the things they're mad about
>>
File: 1615744146364.gif (2.24 MB, 330x166)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB GIF
It's funny, there actually is ground for cultural war with other mediums but with pretend games you faggots are literally playing the thought police you accuse the other tribe so much of.
Why are you playing with as you call it "freakshit" players if you don't like it?
Do you play at all?
Are you aware that you can use nothing but stats and systems from any tabletop if you don't want to? Has any of you fags even ever read a any Hand Book? because this is stated every single time on every fucking introduction to almost all of them.
This isn't videogames or movies, fuck off.
>>
>>78554245
You are having a discussion with multiple people, you thin-skinned twit. More than one person can think your take is so brain-dead you stack up unfavorably to most reptiles.
>>
>>78554293
This.
Every game master's section for every RPG ever published since OD&D will come with a some iteration of a rule zero, endowing the game master with the authority to govern the content available in their game. If you don't like an option, literally run a game that blacklists it.
>>
>>78554294
Only one person talks austically as you, now declare your evidence that you are two people or concede. I declare victory due to your lack of a concrete standing in your arguments.
>>
Shit OP, it's called being normal, you should try it sometime. Alternatively, get the fuck out of my hobby.
>>
>>78554425
I'm one of the evidence guys and not the guy you're directly responding to: the time differences between posts is shorter than the posting time limit.
>>
>>78554425
kill yourself or post that shit already
>>
>>78554479
I've already accepted your concession.
>>
>>78552628
See, retards like this don't actually know what Marxism even is.
>>
>>78554494
It's my first post directed at you
>>
>>78554505
Neither do Marxists, to be fair.
>>
>>78554522
You conceded before you even made a post.
>>
File: Faggot.png (172 KB, 1895x1012)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>78554425
Wrong.
>>
>>78554525
what
>>
>>78554522
Just leave it. Even trolls aren't this tenacious. He's an actual retard.
>>
>78554550
lol learned a new word eh?
>>
>>78554061
This kinda, it's a bit more than just annoying children being annoying, but at it's heart children being obnoxious cringy little shits is what drives a lot of this crap.
>>
>>78547916
>what can we do against it?
Play with your peers.
Why would you want to play with a bunch of douchebag kids anyway? They'll eventually get bored and make up a fake rape charge against you anyway.
>>
>>78554566
>taking 15 minutes to use Inspect Element
>>
>>78547916
They mistake looking different and strange for interesting characters. And then play them without understanding any of the aspects that actually make them interesting. Any character can be interesting if played well but it doesn't magically become interesting just because you are playing some fucking cat person or whatever.
>>
>>78549987
Reminder that cripplechan's leftypol openly talks about the boards they raid and have explicitly discussed their strats for /tg/
>>
>>78554729
>Coping so hard you think someone would bother doing that
You don't even have a grasp of time, given that the post I'm responding to and mine are 7 minutes apart.
>>
>>78548027
That's funny because I've been filtering furshitters for 3 years now so apparently there is something I can do about it.
>>
>>78554853
Post a picture of your face and the other guy's face or I'll accept your surrender. The onus is on you to prove you are not the other person.
>>
>>78554681
They do have more backing from woke corporations this time round, and loud twitter cunts who clearly don't play the game except performatively for muh twitch views.
>>
File: enenra.jpg (31 KB, 640x359)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>78548437
>oni (well, they called 'em ogre magi)
This will forever tilt the ever loving FUCK out of me. ONI. ARE NOT OGRES. THEY ARE DEMONS. WHY ARE THEY CONSIDERED AN OGRE OFFSHOOT?
THERE ARE LITERALLY MULTIPLE TERMS FOR THIS
>Oni
>Yokai
>Akuma
I will never NOT be tilted and dilating about this for the rest of my life.
>>
>>78554917
>moving the goalposts because you've been BTFO'd too hard to ever get your footing back
>>
>>78547916
Because people play to escape their lives and often want to get as far as possible from it. As for fixing it make your setting more interesting for whatever it is you deem not freakshit. Personally I've been fine with humans ever since I realized it's far more entertaining being better than the other races at most things rather than having one or two things that typecast the race.
>>
>>78554787
It's the gaming equivalent of "Look at all these quirky props I have instead of a personality".
>>
>>78548096
Based
>>
>>78555010
Everyone in this thread has agreed with me, so I guess you'll have to fuck off back to /pol/ and get some backup.
>>
>>78555073
Ignoring your autistic screeching does not mean agreement.
>>
>>78555122
Don't call me autistic because I actually am autistic.
>>
File: 1614552939193.png (378 KB, 545x724)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>>78555134
"Stop picking on me you incredibly accurate and handsome man"
Sick burn, truly you must be the pride of tumblr.
>>
>>78555134
Never would have guessed, sperglord.
>>
>>78547916
When I was a kid in the 80's, I always wanted to play things like lizardmen, hobgoblins, and gnolls, much to the chagrin of my fellow players. Nowadays, when the new normal is dragonmen and demonspawn, I prefer pseudo-historical ancient earths that are human only. Once a freakshit, always a freakshit, I guess.
>>
>>78554980
Pathfinder has Ogre Magi as a type of Oni, who are themselves the twisted evil versions of nature spirits called Kami, who possess corpses to gain corporeality and to experience the world physically in a brutally hedonistic way. Basically demons but not.

>>78555204
No, youre just a contrarian shit, the worst sort of person.
>>
>make a freakshit character
>enter tavern
>the DM describes a sexy female of the exact same race I'm playing flirting with me
I get that he's trying to pander to me but I want to be a speshul rarity...
>>
>>78555279
That's a mirror.
>>
File: 1332713357252.jpg (364 KB, 1050x1500)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>78553764
>>78553820
>>78553794
Its always the same accusations coming from exactly 3 people.

Accusations that are mindboggingly removed from reality to anyone who has been here longer than only the last 4 years.
/tg/ never was politically correct.
Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to talk about fitting halflings into assholes, spiders in drowvaginas, the magic of horse-anuses or how to turn make your Dwarf Fortress dependent on elfblood as an energysource.
And yet here you are and claim you see /pol/ under every topic you personally dislike. And thats exactly what is going on: YOU dont like people talking about THING you hate so clearly it must be /pol/.

Who do you think you newfag-trannies are even fooling?

>>78553791
Its right there in the screenshot. They convinced themselves that trying to turn /tg/ into another reddit where creativity goes to die they will stick it to le ebil nazis. They are so focusssed on instant gratification that they dont see how how much of the creative shit from all over the internet came from 4chins.
>>
>>78553899
>You reject any sound argument out of hand by repeating thought-terminating cliches
Is there any rest of self-awareness rest in that Twitter-rotted brain of yours?

> Telling you to fuck off and kill yourself is less of a waste of time than actually arguing.
Not an argument.
>>
>>78547916
>freakshit
>all just humans with mildly differing features
Retard
>>
>>78548096
This unironically.
>>
>>78547916
> why?
Varies from a person to a person.
> what?
Nothing. Why should we?
>>
>>78551163
Yeah, that might be why YOU came here post-'16, but there used to be a good balance between the shit and the shining.
>>
>>78555667
> there used to be a good balance between the shit and the shining.
>>
>>78555557
politically correct =/= /politics/
You are a fucking idiotic /pol/lutant here to desperately spread your culture war bullshit under the guise of ranting about supposedly /tg/ things. Constantly talking about politics, about culture war shit like "the trans", constantly referencing sexual degeneracy while posting pictures of supposed evidence of these degenerates, constantly going on about your non /tg/ bullshit outside the board your obsession with trannies is best suited too.

And the near-constant refrains about going back to /pol/ is because you fuckers just can not stop talking about whatever culture-war bullshit you're obsessed with within any fucking thread.
>>
File: Raughing.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>78552735
>>
>>78552628
Sorry, admittedly I haven't drank the kool aid. In what way is the unemployability of a subset of millenials related to Cultural Marxism? I'm in no rush and can wait for a coherent answer.
>>
Just play what you want so long as it's thematically appropriate. Stop playing with spergs if you're going to just sperg out about it yourself.
>>
>>78555750
Yeah, this guys a raider. Piss off back to tumbler you self-righteous cockmonger. You have your space, we have ours. Fuck off and leave us alone.
>>
>>78555750
What /pol/ wants is reasonable
>>
File: 85758641-9185207542.jpg (50 KB, 842x896)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>78555788
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
>>
>>78555870
LO Fucking L.
You are so desperately obsessed with your tranny raiders here to invade your safe space, you'll accuse just about anyone who posts even the slightest push back on your idiotic nonsense of being one of the trannies.
Unfortunately for you I'm just an oldfag tired of your bullshit.

>>78555919
/pol/ has never been reasonable, and they have only gotten worse as time has gone on.
>>
>>78555750
And yet, your Reddit text formatting betrays you, little Red Riding Hood. Oh how far from your homebase have you ventured...
>>
>>78555920
So, to be clear, you do not have a coherent answer for me how a group of kids making themselves unemployable has any tangible impact in a covert culture war to undermine Christian values in western democracy? Why not just admit that?
>>
>>78554162
Creativity is born of limitations is a phrase about the technical and inventive aspect of the word, it works perfectly for new technologies and similar, but is rather idiotic and plain wrong when you use it for art or storytelling.
>>
>>78555699
Well, there did. You can call it nostalgia, you can insist that /tg/ has always been at war with bunkerchania & that your personal experiences since migrating here are the way it's always been & that anybody who says otherwise is the *real* newfag.
But it's just not true. I KNOW it's not true. There has always been shit, but it was never THIS shit. You people are a fucking disease, politicising and sectioning every fucking thing so that any fucking thread on any fucking topic has a 70/30 chance of derailing into accusations of Tranny this and Chud that. And the other 30 are threads that started out that way.
There used to be fucking CONTENT on this board. People came here to have FUN. It wasn't perfect, but it certainly wasn't this postmodern fucking hellhole, where fun is wrongthink and it's always the other guy's fault that you have to educate me on that fact.
You're a fucking cancer.
>>
>>78548096
Nu-tg is obsessed with reacting against anything sex realated that isn't /pol/ enough. They fear seeing in furries, sjws and reditters, a mirror of their own degeneracy and cringe.

Nu-tg as a whole, is in fact very afraid of any kind of fun. If you play D&D remember to play a heterosexual white male human fighter, and then give them an "original" personality, not like other freakshits (usually ends being just the trope of the old veteran with maybe some ptsd)

If you comment on any interesting settings or topics related to tg and tg interests you SHOULD watch out for ANY possible sign of sexual deviancy, cringe, internet drama, sjwism and lack of the good and approved tropes. If this happen you can spam perfectly good discussions with 2016 /pol/ memes.

Compare this to pre-2015 tg. I swear to god this began with the fucking HFY threads.
>>
>>78555960
>Reddit text formatting
Oh man, im sure you have a solid and clear explanation of exactly what Reddit text formatiing is and not just using a meme idea you actually have no understanding of.
Hint: Reddit formatting is about quoting and the way Reddits posting format works, where you need to include a paragraph break in between green text and what you actually say.
Proper writing isn't fucking reddit text formatting you fucking moron child.
>>
>>78555964
I have the answer. I have ALL the answers. But they require certain level of understanding you didn't achieve yet. You're, my faggy friendo, a caveman asking a NASA scientist why you can't hit that big bright yellow thing in the sky with your spear. And you're doing it in ooogaa-booogaaaa dialect of the cave-culture that has raised you. Me, an intellectual who sat a few spacecrafts on the rocky surface of Mars know the answer. But I can't articulate it in your oogaaa-boogaa dialect so that your primitive mind will get it.


Now, take a shit.
>>
>>78556042
> tell me how can I correct my obvious errors, so I can blend in better and continue my shilling.
You dense, or something, Redditor?
>>
>>78556036
HFY was the first casualty. It was genuinely enjoyable until nutg used it as ironic cover for their invasion. The very first thing they ruined.
>>
>>78556081
Are you a literal retard, newfag?
>>
>>78556057
I am clearly well versed enough on the topic to understand the thesis of cultural Marxism, and am capable of holding a discussion on the topic without resorting to poor comparisons. You are incapable of answering a question, related to a theory to which you subscribe, without resorting to caveman analogies. Any man incapable of coherently explaining their philosophy to a layman is a charlatan.

And by the way, despite intelligence having no impact on the ability to communicate conspiracy theories, I actually have a PhD.

Now, I'm going to allow you one more chance to construct a coherent argument explaining how a subset of youth limiting their employment prospects has any impact on a covert cultural war to undermine Christian values in western democracy. You can provide a coherent argument, or return to /pol/ and pretend you've won.
>>
>>78556124
> I KNOW A WORD IN LOCALSPEAK!
My, my, what a big grown up chonnur you are. Maintain the pace and who knows, perhaps you're going to greentext before summer ends. Googluk!
>>
>>78556021
Yep, nostalgia supported by selective memory. Sorry Anon, the place was always a mess and there were always some sort of invaders "ruining it".
>>
>>78556147
You really need to take a shit, Redditor. Just don't wipe with the hand you write, you know...
>>
Can we go back to talking about freakshit again? When are Shardminds getting added to 5e?
>>
>>78556194
>Thanks for giving me my argument bro I couldn't actually think of a response
Fucking. Cancer.
>>
>>78556179
Wait do you think I tried to greentext the "politically correct =/= /politics" and didn't do it right? LMAO.
Oh my god, you are actually a retard. Thank you retardfag, you've brightened my day with your sheer idiocy.
>>
>>78556213
I don't use Reddit. I am offering you the opportunity to defend your philosophy and "redpill" another to the cause; someone who is evidently literate enough to communicate your philosophy in a coherent manner. You are balking at that opportunity.

You see, what has just happened is that I have employed the Socratic method to display your own ignorance on the subject. Your continuation in rejecting my challenge and resorting to insults is an indictment of your own stupidity.
>>
>>78556243
What you tried is of no concern of mine. What you did is enough for me to count you as an outsider.
>>
>>78556233
Nostalgia. Helluva drug.
>>
>>78556265
You better be typing that while actually trying to take a dump, Redditor.
>>
>>78556288
And I'm laughing at you thinking that makes any fucking difference to me or anybody here. You're utterly impotent to do anything about me or anyone else except rage and shitpost endlessly, and it doesn't matter whether anybody is an invader or not.
Have fun tilting at windmills, retardfag.
>>
>>78556354
I don't need to do a thing about you. It has already be done. My condolences.
>>
>>78556317
Ladies and gentleman, this is /pol/ manifest. The average /pol/ user is of poor intelligence and can rarely define the core tenets of philosophies which they claim to hold dear. The most effective way to dismantle the arguments of a /pol/ user is to ask very basic questions regarding their core philosophy.
>>
>>78556384
While at that, remember to floss before going to bed. But first: take a shit, Redditor.
>>
>>78547929
Damn based.
>>
>>78549852
D D D DESTROYED
>>
>>78556384
Just filter "Tranny" and all of its variants, "Freakshit", and "Bunker" and you erase at least 80% of their shoe size IQ posts. There's nothing to be lost from either the retardation they spout, nor observing verbal battles with people who unfortunately get dragged into their moronic "arguments".
>>
>>78556301
>Hey bro it didn't work the first time so imma do it again
Do i have nostalgia for the time before your kind infested this board, you dumb fucking newfag? Certainly.
Does that mean that such a time never existed That /tg/ has always been a battleground for politically autistic midwits and their fad fatwahs & cyclical accusations?
If you liked the answer, you wouldn't be doing your damndest to avoid addressing it, now would you.
>>
>>78556410
The funniest part about this exchange is that you´re still somehow thinking that you´re "winning" at something...
>>
>>78556433
My kind was who made the board. You kids are all tourists to me.
>>
>>78547916
Are they really that in love with it? According to (admittedly outdated) statistics of D&D Beyond out of 100,000 characters there were over 25,000 Humans made, with the second most represented race (Elves) being 9000 characters behind (16,000 elves, and the third most represented race was Half-Elves, and the fourth was Dwarves...). Hell the last game I played was three human characters and a kenku. This all despite the fact that baseline humans in D&D 5e are the worst race in the game and Vuman being Variant gives every DM a free pass for banning it (and also the fact that it lets you grab Polearm Master or Sentinel early).

Bestial/Celestial races do tend to get represented in art a lot but that's because most tumblr/deviantart/reddit artists are autistic furries to begin with.
>>
File: 1577622396783.jpg (710 KB, 2916x840)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>78556459
>My kind was who made the board.
>>
>>78548027
The only way you could look at that and not be disgusted and want to kill them is if your brain has been rotted for 20 years by bisphenol plastic, porn and corn syrup.
>>
>>78556508
>My kind was who made the board.
Yes.
>>
>>78547916
No one loves them but they can be brainwashed into people as the new normal that only weird cranks oppose and that is what is happening. And it cannot be opposed without going to the root of the matter which is in politics.
>>
>>78556459
>Akshully I'M the oldfag and YOU'RE the tourist
Oh, how original, i've never actually heard that defence come from the hands of an obvious opportunist migrant before, clearly you must be who you say your are. All the way from the birth of the board...
remind me again, what year was that?
>>
>>78550897
no games shitter. aks me how i know you dont have a playgroup
>>
>>78556518
Naw, your just an ape in human skin afraid of everything that doesn't remind you of other apes in human skin. Youre not truly human and never will be.
>>
>>78556518
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T LIKE BIRD PEOPLE SOCIETY WILL FALL
>hahahaha cawcaw
>>
>>78551969
>>78551928
no games get out
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>78556558
Yes.
>>
>>78556553
It was three years and five months after M00t asked for Amiga kickstarter at SA. Now, are you able to do the math?
>>
>>78556576
>not demanding a better crow race
Kenku suck because they can't talk or have creative thoughts. Give us something better!
>>
>>78556518
I legitimately wonder how much of this is cartoonish exaggeration/hyperbole or how much of this is genuine schizo-grade autism that prevents nogames from so much as cracking open a rules book.
>>
>>78556611
The picture is of Pathfinder's Tengu who don't have the idiotic restrictions of 5e kenku. They are legitimately a better crow people.
>>
>>78556672
I will now play PF
>>
Chrow, dat you, ol' fag?
>>
>>78556607
Even if i accept that you're not ripping off of information you've heard other people use, as your posts heavly suggest, the narrative you're trying to present to me gives you LESS of an excuse to be supporting this shit.
>>
>>78547916
Freakshit isn’t a real thing anyone says fuck off
>>
>>78556774
What you're supporting is of no concern of mine. I'm here to see how /tg/ evolved. Again.
>>
>>78556699
>Tengus are survivalists and conversationalists, equally at home living off the wilderness and finding a niche in dense cities. They accumulate knowledge, tools, and companions, adding them to their collection as they travel.

>The tengu diaspora has spread across Golarion in search of a better life, bringing their skill with blade crafting to lands far from their home. In maritime regions, tengus notably work as fishers, blacksmiths, and “jinx eaters”— members of ships’ crews who are believed, accurately or otherwise, to absorb misfortune. Having lived in a variety of conditions and locations, tengus tend to be nonjudgmental, especially with regard to social station, though their willingness to associate with lawbreakers has often led some to look at them with suspicion.

A good analogy for what they are like is the Chinese diaspora from the 19th century, which is not as far-fetched as you might think since Tengu originated in the notAsia of Golarion.
>>
>>78548688
>none of those were playable in OD and D,

None of those were playable in the worst version of the game? How surprising!!!

> did you know dwarf and elf used to be a class?

Wow!!! What other piece of shit rules and concepts were in 1e?
>>
>>78556653
No, just look at the image. They look legitimately sinister and demonic.
>>
>>78551026
Playing pretend deus vult sounds pretty gay desu
>>
>>78556851
>This is /tg/ "evolving"
Yeah, that's the smoking gun, you fucking LARPer.
>>
>>78556994
Yes. Evolving.
>>
File: 1617825841469.jpg (66 KB, 512x407)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>78557035
No, entryism abetted by salting the janitor squad.
>>
>>78557092
Not much of an evolution, then.
>>
>>78556961
One is a bird person stirring their tea. One is a small angelic lizard dude with angel wings and a literal halo, and the other is the only sinister and demonic thing as its a tiefling ratfolk, having fiendish ancestry. The weird feathered claw hand is a leshy, a plant-based nature spirit thing, with some weird heritage. Heres the rest of the picture.
>>
>>78557162
>>
>>78557162
You must be mentally ill or autistic. They literally look demonic, ill countenanced, malicious, evil, pick your adjective. Not just because of the freakshit races involved, the artist somehow managed to bring out the malice in their expressions.
>>
>>78548096
hard agree. You would think people would share good ideas and wacky concepts as spending time on a hobby feeds the imagination.
you would also expect people who play-pretend to be more open minded.

The concept "discuss traditional games with random strangers on the internet" sounds so great to me as none of my friends are as pasionate about fantasy worlds as I am. But in general the function of this board is largely decided (automatically) by the people who post here. And a large amount of people who post here apparently want a very homogenous board and enforce their own anonymous believes on the hobby.
there are some exceptions, some of the generals are doing all right.
but if asshole number one wants to speek about trannies he just has to use the word once and asshole 2-20 are gonna join in. thread ruined, not because of trannies, because WTF do they have to do with tg. the people who post hateful stuff about trannies are unhappy and need someone to blame for their shit life.

Dont forget that every board allows for one meta-thread at a time, tough.
>>
>>78547916
Modern? Mate it's been a thing since forever. Come back to me when you played a bunch of BECMI with people begging to play a sphinx or sentient owls back in the day. And honestly I have more fun with players playing freakshit then a party of drunk dwarf stereotypes. Mostly because I get to act like a racist asshole through the NPCs interacting with the freakshit. Extremely fun getting to see wether or not the tieflings start pretending to be the party 'slave' or 'pet' just to tone done on the bad reactions from townsfolk.
>>
>>78557242
> "discuss traditional games with random strangers on the internet"
While calling them names and laughing at their puny tastes, that is. For the amiable discussion where everyone compliments your mangina, feel free to visit the sites you named.
>>
>>78557035
>Maybe if i repeat myself it'll sound more credible
You're a fucking cancer on the face of this board and the lives of any people with the misfortune to know you IRL, and i genuinely hope you're flushed with the rest of the tourists when the next "evolution" swings INTO you.
>>
>>78557242
Trannies (and accompanying freaks) came here first, and demanded that we give up our space and our time and our attention to them. They demanded that we change our board culture, our board rules and everything else for them. Nobody invited them, nobody wanted them.
>>
>>78557341
do you just like making up fake things to be mad about? you seem mentally ill my friend.
>>
>>78557336
Breathe deep, Anon.
>>
>>78557294
>>78557341
both of you made your entire post about trannies. you dont want to discuss. you want to antagonize and thats it.
there is no such thing as a board culture, we are all anonymous. this isnt your safespace and echo-chamber. nobody forces you to stay and whether you are here or not will not change anything.
>THEY demanded WE
there is no they, there is no we.
the fact that people try to make exclusive groups on imageboards is a fucking joke.
I wish the /pol/ sticky would be on /tg/ aswell.
>>
>>78557373
He's got a point. There was an influx of .tumblrines at certain point of /tg/s history and the board surely did change after M00t's resignation.
>>
>>78557436
> both of you made your entire post about trannies.
I didn't make a post about trannies.
> there is no such thing as a board culture, we are all anonymous.
You're wrong, Goebbels.
>>
>>78557439
No he doesn't. there's never been any point in /tg/ history where anything he wrote actually happened.
>>
>>78557458
That you don't remember it or don't want to admit it does not make it un-real. Anon might be exaggerating a bit, but his version is closer to truth than your denial of it.
>>
>>78547916
>Why do modern players love freakshit races
Society has changed.
>what can we do against it
If you’re asking this it also means you’ve been left behind and will likely never truly be relevant again; you can change as a person to adapt, but mostly people just give up or harden their old stances even if they don’t work anymore. We’re an amazingly adaptable species in that the younger generations adapt, not in that we as individuals are particularly good at change.

Examples; you know that nothing started on 4chan has truly ever accomplished anything lasting longer then a day, and yet here you are actually wasting your time on threads like this because it’s what you’ve always done.
>>
>>78557387
And now we get to the part where you realise you don't have an argument and you're jsut going to pretend to be concerned about my frustration that your bullshit started. Followed soon after by semi-ironic "I was only pretending to be retarded" retroactive nonsense.
I'm not biting. This board used to be better than it is, you're a lying fucking tourist, and you've dug your argument into a corner that only abandoning sincerity can save it from. That alone should tell you just how badly astray you've been led, but i guess if critical thinking was your strong suit we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
>>
File: 1617752399903.jpg (946 KB, 1080x1504)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
>>78557458
Based gaslighter
>>
>>78557490
>>78557523
post proof or get the fuck out.
>>
>>78557457
>check the posts I replied to
>one says trannies
>one says mangina
youre the second one I suppose? mangina is a word often used for transexuals. maybe you didnt know?
the board culture correlates strongly with the people posting here.
let me guess, you like to be anonymous because it allows you to use bad words without consequence?
>>
>>78556002
That hasn't been my experience, depending how far you go. Just letting anyone do anything kind of kills the 'game' aspect of an rpg, I'd rather err on the side of caution personally.
>>
>>78549504
>A lawful werebear
What?
>>
>>78557536
Lmfao
>>78557568
Do you ever contemplate that you are a ghastly little tattle tale? You are an unpaid hall monitor for the interests of the capitalist class.
>>
>>78557602
Werebears are lawful good.
>>
>>78557536
It IS true, in a roundabout way. /pol/ is only the response to the political climate after the early '10s; /pol/posting on other boards was the reason they created a containment board in the first place.
That they're grown to be a more prevalent problem in their own right doesn't mean that they were the ORIGINAL fun police. It's just that now, retard tourists are firmly entrenched in their respective hugboxes, and ANYTHING outside of it is either the work of the enemy, or a counterop designed to disguise the work of the enemy, so you literally cannot win unless you step in line with their bullshit.
>>
>>78557613
So no actually proof then? lmao
>>
>>78557613
you write words and say nothing. do you visit pol? they have a sticky on the top that lists a number of fallacies.
>do you ever contemplate that you are a ghastly little tattle tale?
loaded question. look it up
>you are an unpaid hall monitor for the interests of the capital class
ad hominem.
>anything else? nothing? nothing at all????
wow

ITS LITERALLY A STICKY ON /POL/
>>
>>78557510
And now we get to the part when you slowly burn out those emotions and feel tranquility...
...or do we?
>>
>>78557341
the truth is literally your exact comment only about /pol/-subhumans
>>
>>78557648
Not everybody who disagrees with you is from /pol/.
>>
>>78557648
Lol this isn't your high school debate club you fag and I don't even go to /pol/ it's full of mutt Trumptards.

I quote you
>let me guess, you like to be anonymous because it allows you to use bad words without consequence?
This sentiment is how I correctly diagnose you as having the informant personality, you spend your free time trying to police discourse on a site that you hate. You are an unpaid hall monitor for global capitalism.
>>
>>78557764
you would still do good to learn how to construct an argument without trying to decieve. people would take you more serious in discourse.
as stated earlier, the sticky could do wonders for /tg/ because insencere decieving argumentation strategies can be uncovered much more easily.
>>
>>78557735
>Oh shit bro that's another great idea, mind if i unironically do that
Like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>78557536
You're the proof.
>>
>>78557783
>i know everything about you by reading 1 post you made.
how full of themselves some people are.

>this isnt your highschool debate club so being decieving is acceptable.
If you decieve be prepared to be called out for it. you are not making a strong argument. if you dont want to make an argument, why are you even here?
>you hate this website.
this is just not true.
>>
>>78557568
No.
Let me guess, you tried to apply your detective skills in real world to little success too?
>>
>>78557876
that probably sounded a lot smarter in your head.
>>
>>78557853
Be careful what you're fucking - a clockwork is not the optimal choice of easing the sexual tension.
>>
>>78557903
at least explain yourself to me instead of just attacking my credibility.
there are no rules on this board to not be an asshole, but there are also no rules to be one.
>>
>>78557907
It sounds good enough.
>>
>>78557926
It's not ironic, you're not pretending, and my point is proven.
>>
>>78557952
For middleschool, maybe, you fucking midwit.
>>
File: laughing-hard-scaled.jpg (633 KB, 2560x1707)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
>>78557938
> explain yourself
>>
>>78557877
You want to punish or want to see people be punished for saying naughty words on an anonymous website. This aligns you with the current Western regimes. To us, you are a shitlib, even though you may make some meaningless distinction that you are a leftcom, centrist, ancom, left libertarian or moderate conservative. The function of your praxis remains the same whatever reddit user flair you pick, you are a hall monitor for global capitalism.
>>
>>78557971
So just about right for you to understood it. Good.
>>
>>78557242
/pol/ism is a mental illness, but 'wacky' stuff just gets boring incredibly quickly.
The issue with freakshit specifically isn't 'diversity' or 'liberalism', it's that it's so superficial, to the point that they might as well just be playing humans. People treat it like the equivalent of dyeing your hair, which robs it of all magic.
>>
>>78557954
You have needs & demands, not points.
>>
>>78558007
Yet another SICK BURN, from the man who spends his time coming up with them instead of an actual answer.
>>
>>78558018
You have no credible leg to stand on, Freud, and you're not going to pretend to now.
>>
>>78558028
It hurts to be denied what you think you deserve, isn't it?
>>
>>78558047
I'm fine lying down on my comfy sofa, thank you.
>>
>>78558048
>I'm not incapable of giving you an answer, i'm just playing 3d chess with you uwu
Internet points don't affect me none, anon, but your incompetence is gonna take up that gap in your soul where human interaction usually lies and haunt you for at least a month.
>>
>>78557999
No, i want people to atl east say something that isnt just naughty words. i want people to not shut down every new go at imagination on this website.
cursing is completely fine, tough unneccesary.
I do not identify with any of those strange names for left/right that you used. my life is laos made considerably harder because of the current form of capitalism in my country and i would be an idiot to support it.
you antagonize me from the start, but why? why does it always have to black and white? why is it always about politics? why do you allign your ideals with a group if you could also just be yourself? where does the hate come from?
>>
>>78558086
> Internet points don't affect me none, anon,
Prove it by leaving the thread and not thinking about it anymore.
>>
>>78558055
And straight back to "pretending".
Your "life" would be fucking miserable for anybody born capable of critical thinking, you know that? To get to that level would take an accident. You'd have to cripple a normal human, fuck with their brain, to get to the level you operate at constantly. People would rather kill themselves, some probably have, then live as damaged as you. Do you get that? Does some tiny part of you know that? 'd like to think not, but the universe can be cruel sometimes.
>>
>>78558108
>i want people to not shut down every new go at imagination on this website
feel free to name occurrences of this
>>
>>78553011
> Funko Pops
> Creative
>>
>>78558152
>Prove it by doing what i tell you
You're not a 3d-chess master, anon. You're a dumb fucking midwit, and i'm here to remind you and anybody else reading that you're a dumb fucking midwit untill thread death.
>>
>>78558108
> i want people to
Because you know what is better for them, even if they don't, right?
The other Anon is right: if it quacks like a duck...
>>
>>78558191
That's literally the opposite of the point being made.
>>
>>78558170
No, I seriously lie down. Not a fan of typing while standing.
>>
>>78554061
That's at least more creative than bitching and moaning about it, at least
>>
>>78558206
Apparently not as durable as you think you are.
Observe how not caring looks like:
>>
>>78558212
I mean, yeah, if you're gonna isolate the first 4 words and pretend there isn't an argument underneath. I know that's easier for you & all, make the argument fit the script rather then adapting the script for the argument, but you could put a LITTLE effort in.
>>
>>78558108
The rule has always been if you post your shit here, you better toughen up because you are not entitled to have everyone love your stupid fucking gay post. In fact, if you write like a faggot, people will call you out on it. Reddit is more your speed, where people get instabanned for raining on your parade.
>>
>>78558268
10 bucks says it looks like a self-righteous ragequit.
>>
>>78558231
>Still "pretending"
If you're in there, i'm sorry life did this to you.
>>
>>78558269
> I mean, yeah,
You lot are easy to decipher. All you want is to control, to tell people what to do and what to think. The ideology you hide behind is irrelevant, you may as well be Argentinian Buddhist Technocrats, but the drive to control is always going to surface sooner or later.
>>
>>78558342
Thanks, but I actually enjoy it.
>>
>>78558357
He did it again! Didn't even bother to hide it, the absolute madlad!
Like, literally. Stark raving.
>>
>>78558374
And that is the saddest thing i've read all day.
>>
>>78558395
Yes, he indeed did recognize you.
>>
>>78558417
A happy day it had to be, then. Congrats!
>>
>>78558422
Aw, straight back to the sick burns!
Never once even glancing at an actual answer.
>>
>>78558212
in spoken conversation forms of expression can be further explained and should not be condemned too fast.
"I want people to" should mean "the way i would like to discuss traditional games with strangers on the internet for me to enjoy it"
If somebody doesnt want to do that, its fine. If somebody wants to talk about it in another way, fine too. But just condemning people and spreading hate is really unneccesary.
I do not have any illusions that anything will change.
>>78558285
>Reddit is more your speed, where people get instabanned for raining on your parade.
yes, because I want censorship. sure. thats very black and white thinking.
my feelings are not hurt and I agree one has to toughen up to post on anonymous image boards.
is it okay to call out people for typing like a hate-spreader for no reason aswell?
>>
>>78556459
Yeah fucking right. Did you make the settings on 1d4chan? Did you contribute to anything at all without being a vitriolic little bitch about it?
>>
>>78558480
Do not try to justify your loathsome cravings to control other people. Too late for that.
>>
>>78558459
This makes a lot more sense if you read it in Chris chan's voice.
>>
>>78558492
Yes.
>>
>>78558526
I prefer the Ordos' mentat.
>>
>>78547916
Because they’re cool, duh
>>
>>78558518
>Too late for that.
do you do that in spoken conversation aswell?
do you never give the chance to explain oneselve further? do you refuse to speak with somebody on such little basis? you are full of yourself and you WANT me to represent the thing you dont like, but the way you think, thats not me.
>>
>>78558492
also nice job ignoring everything else I said because focusing on who made the post(genetics fallacy) makes it reasonable to disregard him completely.
>>
>>78547929
>Return to tradition.
Ancient mythology is full of talking animals and part-animal heroes, spirits, god and demigods. We are returning to tradition instead of abiding by Tolkien's boring faggotry.
>>
>>78547916
this isn't really a problem if you know how to DM

Make it clear that you as the DM are only going to allow specific races. In my case I normally only allow one really oddball race. (ex. Players can be Human, Dwarf, Half-Elf, or Gnoll).
I also tend to have players make their characters together. Players that want to play weird races almost always want to be the only one who is playing that race because they want to be unique so if someone else is looking to play it they will shy away from it and pick something else.
These two things together make well rounded parties of a bunch of relatively "normal" races and 1 really weird race. Having 1 in a party of 4 or 2 in a party of 5-6 is normally pretty healthy for a campaign as it lets players explore all the various cultural differences and attitudes of societies towards these races without the whole campaign devolving into non-humans doing dumb shit

tldr; just tell your players what you are and are not ok with them playing up front
>>
>>78560000
Hell, even Tolkein has talking eagles, spiders and werebears.
>>
>>78550033
No U
>>
>>78547916
Run a game and don't allow the race selection, numbnuts. You also can't complain about not being able to find players if you are "filtering" players from them, to be clear.

If you lack the gorm to run a game, then shut the fuck up and play with the best group you can find.
>>
How DARE the people playing a fantasy game not want to play human, short strong human, tall skinny human, or green angry human!



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.