[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 674542poi-8.jpg (35 KB, 527x503)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Share your thoughts and comments on tabletop actions
Share your lists and get feedback
>Glory to the Phoenix King

Previous thread : >>78526722
>>
File: Cabbages.jpg (66 KB, 1000x560)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>78545420
First for best named character
>>
File: 545466543.png (751 KB, 1280x720)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>78545420
Zaheer can fly can. does his mobility boost give him an unfair advantage against slower ground based armies?
>>
>>78545541
Yes, it gives him a great deal of mobility, but it allows anyone to count him as being in full LOS until his next activation, even if he ends his movement in full cover. Just blow the fucker out of the sky.
>>
I just found out that Bolin is no joke the best LoK hero unit in the game. Each expansion they just give him new rules and stats that he outright beats other heroes no problem. Strangely, he gets worse when you combo him with his brother yet the devs insist on running them as a pair.
>>
>>78545670
Really the best way to run him is the Nuk-Tuk variant with Varrick. No dead weight Mako plus you can take water tribe units as mercs and keep Republic City bonuses
>>
>>78545420
I mentioned it last thread, but r8 my Omashu mail cart list!

Earth King Bumi - 34
- Bending 5

Master Earthbender - 26
- Bending 3
- Shape Terrain
- Earth Wall
- Boulder Strike

Apprentice Earthbenders (3) - 22
- Bending 2
- Rock to Mud
- Rock Strike

Omashu City Watch (3) - 15
- spears
Omashu Mail Cart - 4

- spears
Omashu Mail Cart - 4

- spears
Omashu Mail Cart - 4

Badger Moles (2) - 48
- Bending 2
- shape terrain

Cabbage Merchant - 6

199 points. The badger moles are there to look scary and tank. I've got 10 Bending dice split between Bumi, Master, and team of apprentices, which should let me play strong mobility, plus 3 teams of city watch to ride in the cart and deal double damage on the charge (which i should always be getting).

Cabbage merchant is there for the lulz, plus any of my city watch teams can trigger My Cabbages for a reroll.

Thoughts?
>>
>>78545709
> nuk tuk movers meme list ft Varrick / Zhu Li
My friender from another bender! Do the thing!
>>
>>78545807
pretty solid list Anon

One thing you could do is change out earth wall on your master bender for earth ramp. It's weaker when it comes to LoS shenanigans but more than makes up for it by giving your Mail Carters some extra chances for getting into charge range.
>>
>>78545670
>>78545709
Is there any list where Mako is good? He is a dead weight in a Republic City Police list, dead weight in a Futures Industries list, and dead weight in a Pro-Bending list. I feel like he is just a tax you have to pay to get access to Bolin or Korra for what each of those are worth.
>>
>>78545879
You don't even have to take him to take Korra anymore
seriously they snipped off his one link to competitive
Mako cant catch a fucking break
>>
>>78545807
Solid list, but if the apprentices don't pull their weight, try giving them Rock Slide so they can flank better
>>
>>78545807
I like it, but I would be concerned about putting so many eggs in one basket with the carts. You have to invest a lot of bending dice just to maneuver them and they would be vulnerable to flanking. If you are spending dice to get them into position then you can't provide cover as well to protect your benders.
>>
>>78545957
>>78545879
He was extremely unpopular with lorefags and shippers, which for some reason means he suffers on tabletop as well. If lightning bending were rare like it is in TLA, he'd be useful, but as it stands with LB being unlocked for any firebender at 2 bending dice, he's just useless.
>>
File: atlaowl.jpg (204 KB, 1422x1081)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>Run a skirmish game with buddy
>Roll for mission
>Sinking Library
>Literally just taking the desert library scene and making it a mission, but okay, it's still fun
>mfw he deploys in the deepest part and gets all but one model buried by the end of turn 2
>>
>>78545807
Get rid of the apprentices and the meme Cabbage Merchant and use the points for a 3rd Badger Mole. They have "Original Bender" rule which lets you take advantage of those bender points without spending them, are tanky as fuck, and can use shape terrain to push around your opponents formations to better line up charges or protect flanks. Badger Moles are great.
>>
>>78546103
Ya, it is a problem LoK has in general. Chi blocking used to be unique to Tai Lee, but now you can get entire squads of them. Metal bending and lightning bending are now cheap as chips and thanks to Republic City lists you can get both in the same list. I can see why a lot of people stick to the hundred year war time period.
>>
>>78545420
What the fuck is that duck billed bear?
>>
>>78546243
that's a platypus bear anon. do you even know TLAB lore?
>>
>>78546243
>Doesnt enlist an army of platypus bears to rush front lines and and drain enemy resources.
ngmi
>>
Out of the loop. There’s an ATLA War game? What’s it called?
>>
>>78546350
Lurk more
This is one big shitpost, that I hope oneday becomes real either through tg getting shit done or some other means
>>
>>78546165
I like badger moles, but I feel like if I've got 4 badger moles I'm starting to lose the Omashu theme entirely.

>>78546045
The goal is to have the bending dice do double duty - move my guys and also protect my flanks/split the enemy forces. It's a super finicky strat, for sure, but the carts are the cheapest vehicle in the game and they can serve as mobile cover for parking on objectives.

>>78545971
That's actually a good idea. It's more expensive, but I guess I can ditch the cabbage meme.

>>78545876
If the Wall doesn't work out well, I'll definitely give this a shot.
>>
Going to bed. Keep this thread alive during Air Nomad Hours and I'll be back tomorrow to post my bullshit River Pirates list!
>>
>>78546685
god speed you glorious bastard
>>
Since everyone is giving such good advice I thought I would ask everyone's thoughts on my Master Pakku list:

Master Pakku - 32
- Bending 5

Master Northern Tribe Waterbender - Male - 30
- Bending 3
- Ice Wall
- Ice Spike
- Surf

Master Northern Tribe Waterbender - Male - 30
- Bending 3
- Ice Wall
- Ice Spike
- Surf

Apprentice Northern Tribe Waterbenders - Male (3) - 23
- Bending 2
- Ice Spike
- Surf

Master Northern Tribe Waterbender - Male (3) - 23
- Bending 2
- Ice Spike
- Surf

Agna Qel'a City Guard (3) - 9
- Water Basin - 5

- Water Basin - 5

- Water Basin - 5

- Water Basin - 5

Hahn - 6

200 points.

It sucks being limited to only the male version of Waterbenders but they combo well with the utility that the Water Basins give and should mean that I have enough mobility and raw bending strength to hold on. Hahn is there because 50/50 chance to put some damage on a character isn't bad for the cost.
>>
>>78546746
I have to be honest anon, is there any reason you need a 3rd master bender? Sure the utility is nice but I'd suggest ditching him to make room for Sokka, preferably warrior Sokka as his buffs can really help water tribe lists, and he's male so he'll synergize with Pakku. plus Sokka is only 22 points so you wont have to change out anything for your list
>>
>>78546746
You’ve got too many benders and not enough chaff here. I’d replace either one of the masters or the apprentices with more city guard, or even take a unit of Water Tribe Warriors so you have a bit of elite infantry power
>>
>>78546844
I wanted to maximize the bonus from Master Pakku and the Water Basins. Being able to Surf to Water Basins for free and then fire off some Ice Spikes or drop an Ice Wall same turn is just so sweet. I do see your point though, at the moment all the City Guard aren't contributing much to the list other than being teleport beacons for the water benders.

>>78546920
Water Tribe Warriors just feel so fragile compared to other nations elite infantry. Without Sokka or Hakoda to buff them I am not really sure they are worth it. Maybe if I swap in Sokka I can replace one of the city guard with them but I am not sure it would be worth it at that point.
>>
File: 47d.jpg (21 KB, 437x431)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>you'll never be a fire nation general and take a harem of a dozen earth kingdom and water tribe girls captured from cities you've conquered.
>>
>>78547071
>>
>>78547033
Stop using them as line infantry and start using them as skirmishers like you're supposed to.

>inb4 b-but what am I supposed to use as SWT line infantry?
They're a skirmish-heavy army with an elite core. Spread your soldiers out, use the waterbender blob to deal with heavy unit formations, use your ambush buffs, and keep moving!

>B-but Yuyan archers being better skirmishers than the Skirmisher army is unfair, this is broken!
Stop spending all your points on heroes and get more skirmishers. Water Tribe warriors are massively more point efficient than Yuyan archers. Besides, the Fire Nation's piss-poor scouting bonuses compared to the broken scouting the Water Tribe with their nearly all-skirmisher army gets evens the playing field anyways.
>>
>>78547033
Water Tribe Warriors are glass cannons, as long as they get into combat safely and fight first they’re gonna kill most units in a turn, unless we’re talking Earth Nation Warriors. Use the City Guard to screen, take the Warriors with spears, charge them in, kill everything but the heaviest units
>>
>>78547171
You’re forgetting that Water Tribe Warriors put out massive damage on the charge. If he uses the guards to screen he can use the Warriors to mop up anything his benders missed earlier in the turn
>>
>>78547171
>Stop spending all your points on heroes and get more skirmishers.
At that point I might as well run a Princess Yue or Sokka and Hakoda list. The entire point of a Master Pakku list is to use your cheap(ish) line infantry to move your up-gunned benders around and hit hard in one spot. Water tribe warriors just don't synergize as well with him.

I also noticed a typo in my list. There are two apprentice squads not one and a Master.
>>
>>78547307
>>78547318
It looks like I am going to have to eat crow for my earlier response. That is a good point, I hadn't thought about.
>>
Red Lotus are obviously meant to be a strike force of op heroes, but what could you do with an expanded list for them?
I'd be cool to at least get combustion benders as regular master units.
>>
Getting late but r8 my list for a get together tomorrow

Nuktuk: Hero of the South - 20
Bending 2
Rock Slide
Fissure

Ginger - 20
Varri-dye

Roh-Tan - 20
Panda Armor

Juji - 10

Varrick and Zhu Li - 25

Republic police force (3) 15
Bending 2
Cable Swing
Cable Tie

Bending 2
Cable Swing
Cable Tie

Bending 2
Cable Swing
Cable Tie

Bending 2
Cable Swing
Cable Tie

Agna Qel'a City Guard (5) - 9
Long spears

Long spears

Long spears
>>
>>78547455
Well they're a terrorist organization so you can't go wrong with some suicide bombers.
>>
Hey it's getting late so imma sign off for now
Thanks for keeping this meme alive this far. I'm working on some rules for an actual TLAB wargame because of this thread. If this or another thread like this is up when I wake up, I might share them. don't expect it to be good though, it's just shit off the top of my head.
>>
File: fire nation soldier.jpg (8 KB, 161x284)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>People ask what army I run
>Tell them bender heavy fire nation
>Everybody assumes I am a metaslave running royal guards when in actuality I just like the basic firebender soldiers, and have been since I got into this game
I just like their armor
>>
>>78547742
Make a thread when you do, I’d love to throw some ideas together too
>>
>>78547899
the masks are the coolest, water-tribe is surely the lamest vanilla army in aesthetics alone.
>>
>>78547899
Soldiers are still top tier, they’re the only army with basic battle line that have bending, even if it’s only Bending 1. Running a basic Admiral-Captain Combo with a bunch of soldiers and a couple royal guards for flavor is stupid viable
>>
>>78547455
If you wanna soup in some air bender mercenaries you can go pretty much only-bending. Maybe throw in a couple guard units to screen early game
>>
>>78547399
But your cheap infantry is going to die turn 1. You take the skirmishers to act as both heavy damage but to also act as a second screen late game. As long as your benders survive to the end it doesn’t matter if you lose them, but they’re damage output means they can actually get things done mid-game, unlike the terrible guards.
>>
>>78547960
Water tribe Warriors with the wolf pelts and shields look great, even if they’re way too expensive for what they are lol
>>
Rhino riders > mech
>>
>>78548019
Ya,>>78547307 and >>78547318 got me re-thinking how I built my list. I focused too much on the water basins buffs. I am thinking of dropping one of the Masters and two of the guard and picking up two squads of warriors with spears. Pakku and the remaining master can protect the guard and warriors with ice wall while the apprentice squad pump out damage and soften targets up for the warriors.
>>
>>78548082
Just remember guards are great at two things: keeping attention off your more expensive units and softening up targets. You want them in combat as soon as possible, and they die fast but that’s kind of the point. Shame their models are so nice tho, they rarely last past turn 2 lol
>>
>>78547473
Those city guard should be 15 each, but it rounds to 200 evenly
>>
>>78548125
all these point changes are hard to keep up with, especially for earth benders. They change the cost of terra team members nearly weekly it seems, constantly have to update my army, I guess they feel a bit guilty by hyping them up so much for their release only to be shit upon by non-bender soup.
>>
>>78548226
Yeah, at least city guard got long spears again since that's what my old boxes came with
>>
Why is Honorless Zuko so crap on the tabletop, when in the lore he's actually supposed to be pretty badass? Yes, Blue Spirit Zuko is his own Hero unit, but Honorless Zuko canonically kicked Commander Zhao's ass in an Agni Kai - good luck replicating that on the tabletop.
>>
>>78548539
He was a marginally better bender than Zhao but without any of the latter's cunning or military skill. Also he's overcosted this edition. Not as overcosted as Kyoshi Warrior Ty Lee, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>78548609
It's because they were building him up with each edition. Notice how Zuko got more playable with each new iteration? That was no accident. Plus he was popular for some reason and people kept trying to make him work so the devs threw him a bone.
>>
>>78548539
Cause he has no access to lightning bending, which Redeemed Zuko and Firelord Zuko both excel in. There’s no reason you should take him unless you want to run him as part of a Hundred Years’ War fire nation list
>>
>>78548609
>Not as overcosted as Kyoshi Warrior Ty Lee

W-what?
>>
File: 64927625245.png (101 KB, 250x188)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
plz r8 thx - DoBS Campaign (198)

Warrior Sokka: The Scroll Bearer - 30
Fighting 3
Leadership
Forbearance

Huu- 20
Kaiso Kaiju

Hakoda - 20
Fighting - 3

Appa- 25

Boulder and The Hippo - 20
Bending - 2
Tag-Team Knockout

Earth Kingdom Tank (3) 25
Slam & Smash

Earth Kingdom Tank (3) 25
Slam & Smash

Earth Kingdom military forces (3) 15
Bending 2
rock throw
rock wall

Earth Kingdom military forces (3) 15
Bending 2
rock throw
rock wall

Swamp Bender mercs (5) - 9
Bending - 2
water whip
ice wall

Swamp Bender mercs (5) - 9
Bending - 2
water whip
ice wall
>>
>>78548818
Sokka and Hakoda don’t have a lot of synergy with the earth bender military, I’d either replace the with Water Tribe Militia or replace Hakoda with an Earth Kingdom character
>>
>>78545510
Cabbage Army is so fucking OP. I hate how all the sourcebooks buff them. It's like Ultramarines, but ten times worse, I swear.
>>
>>78548818
>Earth Kingdom Tank (3)

Wut. I thought they were individual pieces.
>>
>>78549074
Nah, ever since 3rd ed they've been squads. Minimum size (1), max size (3)
A lot of vehicles went from single to squad in 3rd
>>
File: Uncle iroh.jpg (89 KB, 564x797)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>Have Iroh
>Can be used in fire nation (both loyalists and exiles), white lotus, or a spirit army
>Is one of the few sources of lightning bending in HYW era games, while also being a powerful bender and providing great support that synergizes with any allied unit instead of the usual in-faction support
>Can be taken as a two-man-army with Zuko in skirmishes,
>Is Iroh
Best hero in the game, without a doubt. Always make room for him in my lists where I can
>>
>>78548818
And if you cannot take the initiative ?
Tanks are good armor, but if you lose your heroes, enjoy doing 0 damages for entire turn. And if the opponent brings baloons or any kind of airgame you'll get fucked
>>
Anyone remember the old first edition rules Ty-Lee?
I saw an old video of the Sozens castle strat where some guy brutalised a salty as fuck guy with Ty-Lee in his army.
This was back when Ty-Lee could single handedly kill even avatar state aang 90% of the time and kill any other bender she got close to every time.
Fucking crowd surf. Why didn't they nerf that rather than her chi-blocking?
>>
I know they're mainly a jokey fluff choice, but is there any way to actually get some use out of the Beach Guys you can bring in Ty Lee lists?
>>
>>78550841
The only thing they really bring is extra mobility for Ty Lee as her crowd surf ability applies to them. The only unit you can field where this is the case. Otherwise she can only crowd surf enemies.

Back in first edition it was common to see a few clusters of these guys positioned in a manner to let you catapult Ty Lee into range of enemy units you could then continue to crowd surf through until she was close to an enemy bender character.
>>
>>78545420
what is this? can i have some resources? never heard of it
>>
Alright so guys. I've been thinking for a while and have a lot of disposable income, so I've come here to ask. How do I get the maximum amount of soldiers on the field at one time? I've heard good things about Zhao marine list fuckery but apparently that has to do with royal guards? I just want to put the biggest possible amount of fire nation spearmen and marines on the field as possible.

This is assuming HYW era, since that's the only one my group plays.
>>
>>78551132
If you want numbers then an earth kingdom levy list is the way to go.
I've seen about two hundred on the board in such a list.
>>
>>78551132
Spam Earth Kingdom peasants if you want the maximum amount of men on the field, it won't be great but it will be funny.
>>
>>78551132
EK Partisans are my go to. There's a lot of cheap Earth Kingdom options, but Partisans have the benefit of stealth and scouting, since they're disguised. Plus, people shit on Jet, but his crew can be really solid to add a bit of hidden punch to a spam list.
>>
>>78551449
Thats really the only way to use them.
Their "hidden in the masses" ability basically lets them use peasant units as shields.
>>
>>78545420
I never heard of an avatar wargame. is this a wargame or just an RPG?
>>
>>78548818
Hey, you might need to re-check your army list. I'm pretty sure it's 25 points *per tank*, and you can take up to 3. Remember, that tank is about on par with a badger mole in terms of toughness, plus it comes with the 2 crewmen. Getting 3 for the price of one BM would be pretty bonkers.

I mean, it's always possible that Bryke just totally borked the balance. It's happened before.
>>
Give it rest, these threads aren't fun back to back.
>>
Can't believe people think Toph is the only viable Earth Kingdom hero with this guy around
>Obscene bending dice
>Mad Genius lets you swap stats of units around before the battle starts
>can even change how certain obstacles work
>Bunny Gorilla backup
>Stone carts give obscene mobility for an Earth bender
>Neutral Jing means that even captured you can spring him at the right time
>Can be fielded ini Earth Kingdom and White Lotus lists
And all of this for only like 5. points more than Toph. Mad King Bumi still relevant.
>>
>>78551860
No we need to keep this alive until rulesfag returns
>>78551767
This thread is about the wargame but there is also an upcoming official ttrpg
>>
>>78551058
It's not real yet
>>
>>78552158
wow great job, guys. really authentic talk

had a cool moment just now
>>
>>78552158
>>78552194
reminds me of fingerboxes and the good ol days
>>
File: kyle.jpg (29 KB, 300x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>that one korra player who sits alone all day at the FLGS
>>
>>78552089
I mean you can do what you want, it's just that the quality of the thread is gonna go down if you milk it.
>>
>>78552235
People only played korra for the equalists with the crossplay rules.
And once the equalists got nerfed into the ground that was it. Korra was abandoned.
>>
Okay, pirate list. This relies on the Pirate Captain's ability to take allies from any Marine unit to do a little bit of a soup list. It's not zero bending, but bending is not the priority.

Pirate Captain - 18
- Iguana Parrot
- Sword and dagger

Pirate Barker Oh - 13
- Butterfly Swords

Pirate Crew (4) - 12
- Swords

Pirate Crew (4) - 12
- Swords

Southern Tribe Wolf Warriors (3) - 24
- Spear
- Boomerang

Southern Tribe Wolf Warriors (3) - 21
- Sword
- Boomerang

Southern Raider Marines (4) - 36
- Firebending [2]
- Spears

Southern Raider Catapult - 18

Swamp Bender Master - 27
- Bending [3]
- Entangling Vines
- Water Whip

Swamp Bender Apprentices (3) - 18
- Bending [2]
- Entangling Vines

The basic idea is, the Captain and Barker Oh hold the center with the Marines, pirate chaff, and the catapult. Pirates actually hold surprisingly well with the Captain and Oh together to boost Discipline, while the Raiders punch hard. The wolf warriors flank and screen, and the boomerangs are a harassing ranged attack. The swamp benders are immune to their own entangling vines, so they basically act as area denial, and whip and entangle work well together up close.
>>
>>78552057
Maybe if you are limiting yourself to 1e heroes only. Earth Kingdom has a lot of solid choices:
>Jet in EK Partisan lists
>The Boulder
>Suki in Kyoshi lists
>Earth King
>Long Feng

Toph just gets brought so much since she can slot into any EK list well and comes with Metal Bending which hard counters FK airship and tank lists.
>>
Answering from previous thread
>Just out of curiosity, what are anons' opinions on the idea of lost or hidden "hybrid bending" cultures in the Four Nations world?
You misunderstand how those work.
Mudbending isn't one non-Avatar bending both earth and water. Toph is bending earth that happens to contain a lot of water. Katara is bending the water inside the mud. Its just bloodbending, but nonevil. And if you're not the Avatar, one person, one element.
"Sub-elements" don't really exist as separate, substances, they're more techniques within an element. Lava isn't different from solid earth fundamentally, its just harder to work with because it isn't as steady, so you need some dedicated moves.
Sandbending is just really tiny rocks.
The last point stands about using techniques IN YOUR OWN STYLE that are simply inspired by other styles. Lightning redirection may be inspired by waterbending, but it is not waterbending, and thus Katara wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
>>78554055
Although i agree with you that doesnt explain how the sandbender tornados generate enough wind to propel their sand boats.
Then again, those guys raise way more questions than they answer.
>>
>>78553062
You’re wasting Wolf Warriors if you’re using them to screen, they’re the best hit and run unit in the game. Use their speed to get them up the table and hitting your opponent’s back line and characters
>>
>>78552057
I can believe that they made a model for Restrained Bumi. I can't believe that he's still able to retain all those bending dice because, fluffwise, he can still move his head and neck. That's actually so dumb, I love it.
>>
>>78554478
He is a king, thats peoplebending right there. So of course he would be used to shaping the world around him with as much as a nod
>>
>>78554478
DESU, I love all the stupid alt sculpts. The Ember Island Players, the Beach Sculpts, Restrained Bumi, Tea Shop Zuko/Iroh, Pro Bender Korra, FUCKING NUK TUK? There's so much, well, character to the characters. I know most of them aren't great gameplay wise, but I love thta they'll do stuff like that just so the fluff doesn't stay All Serious All the Time.
>>
Hey, Rulesfag Anon here from last night, I want to do what>>78547957 suggests so we can make a wargame together and get this shit done. Is there anyway to Anonymously make a google doc/drive file so I don't dox myself and we can all work on it in real time?
>>
>>78555662
I would create a dedicated gmail account and set it to venezuela or whatever.
Or is that not safe enough?
>>
>>78556063
That might work
>>
>>78555662
I've been thinking of wargame rules myself, somehow incorporating a Positive/Negative/Neutral Jing system, unit-by-unit enlightenment systems, and five core stats/dice attuned to the elements. Post a doc!
>>
>>78556485
This sounds overtly complicated.
>>
>>78555662
You could just quickly make a bullshit google account so you can use google docs without using your real email/username. Alternatively you could just make it all yourself and post the PDF here.
>>
>>78556533
I think something a bit more complex than the average wargame would be fitting given the bullshit levels of magic strategies Asian Fantasy likes using.
>>
>>78556485
>Positive/Negative/Neutral Jing system
I've always wondered what the other 82 jing were.
>>
>>78554305
I thought the explanation for their vessels moving across the desert was that they were bending the sand underneath to propel them forward?
>>
Update, from Rulesfage
I've made a separate gmail to get docs, cause that was simpler
Currently everyone will be on view and the thread will be made in a couple minutes
>>
>>78556620
That would make sense but then why do these things have sails. Just for the last airbender to be able to steal the boat?
>>
>>78556597
Yes but wargames need to be fun and relatively timely to play
a reason warhammer does so well is because theres a reasonable understanding of how long various points values take to play.
And its not a huge time sink.
>>
>>78556618
My headcanon is situational Jing . The Jing you gain when you fight defensively with your back to a river, the Jing you act in when you aim to penetrate an enemy's ranks versus when you want to envelop them, the Jing you gain when you are in enemy territory versus when you're in your own territory.
>>
>>78556669
deserts are windy.
>>
>>78556738
>Asian strategy game
>It takes a short time to play
Pick one
>>
>>78556636
Link it here once it’s up
>>
>>78556817
>>78556835
thread is up
>>
>>78556741
It's very Art of War
The jing you use for setting fire to the enemy camp vs the jing you use when your enemy sets fire to your camp
>>
>>78556618
>>78556741
>>78556963
reminds me a little of the 36 stratagems, another important chinese guide to strategy like The Art of War. They're broken up into 6 groups of 6, each group being for different situations (they also all have very fun names).
>>
File: best girl.png (127 KB, 333x250)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>water nation list
>does not include Moon Spirit
This is criminally overlooked. It`s the best global buff build in the game, maybe only bested by Fire Nation comet strat. All you need to do is survive till turn 3.
>b-but MS only has 1 hp!
Irrelevant, have some CP in reserve for "Yue sacrifice" strat.
>literally tower defence
So this is one of the few units in game which requires opponent to think strategically and plan for anything other than hero spam, and for the player himself to be very good with Yue positioning and defence planning. Ofc casuals hate it, high skill floor is a bitch, isn`t it?
>defence only, hard to balance
You get INSANE bending buffs which get better with every turn, but your HQ has the armor class and endurance of wet paper, so it makes things even.
Also gives possibility for clutch plays for both sides and actually discourages prolonged games since buffs get only more powerful as game goes on.
People don`t know how to play this and they also don`t know how to play against this, hence the lack of popularity. Tl;dr, play Moon Spirit.
>>
Platypus Bear Varrick seems like a fun option for LoK era, but I haven't seen any lists anywhere. Has any ever seen it in play or is it too weak vs the other versions of the character?
>>
>>78558619
So where'd waterbending even come from?
>the water tribe learned it from the moon and the ocean spirits, because they push and pull water
makes sense
>and these spirits happen to really like the mortal world, so they chose to take mortal bodies as a pair of koi fish in a shrine, constantly swimming around each other
Suitably esoteric and arcane, I like it
>and the current moon spirit is sokka's ex
This lore has gone too far
>>
>>78562059
I mean... the current moon spirit is the Princess of the Northern Water Tribe, where they're all spiritual and in touch with shit. The fact that she and sokka dated was a relatively small plot point.

But you're right, it's pretty silly.
>>
How much is Ocean Spirit Aang?
>>
>>78553134
>Jet
Only useful I treetop maps. Plus, shit will saves ad really squishy for the point cost. Hatred: Firebeders is neat against 1 army only.
>The Boulder
I did forget him, I will admit. Sold bending dice and some nice moves,, and Hype is a great mechanic. Plus, you can field other wrestlers. He just doesn't shine as well in mass combat as Bumi does, though he is a great skirmisher.
>Suki
Kyoshi lists are great, and Suki is a good Hero. A good alternate, but I just prefer Bumi more.
>Earth King
Only good for Bosco. Otherwise a meme. No combat skills and bending makes him less useful than 1e Sokka.
>Long Feng
Still consider Bumi better than this. Long Feng has one strategy and that's to subvert enemy troops. Against any enemy hero except Jet he's near useless. Not just that, but Azula hard counters this Strat and even turns it on him with her stupidly high leadership. Sneak attacks and stealth suck against most armies and you have to play a defensive game while Bumi can go offensive, defensive or weird as he wants. Not to mention less bending dice in general. Ju-Dees are quite annoying to spam but that's his best move. 2/10 could have fielded Earth King instead.
>>
File: firenationattack.gif (950 KB, 500x237)
950 KB
950 KB GIF
>Play Fire Nation
>other guy brings an air nomad army
>Roll Temple Assault as the scenario
Looks like genocide is back on the menu, boys
>>
>>78552057
Once again, Chin the Conqueror is always an option for low-points meme builds.
>>
>>78552057
Not gonna lie, if this was a real thing I would 100% have at least one Earth Kingdom list just so I could run Bumi
>>
Run all female Earthbender Force all barefoot.
>>
>>78569351
Hope you like your feet hard, cracked, and full of dirt.
>>
>>78567850
Would thos me the biggest model in the game?
>>
>>78567850
>buying from Spiritworld
Just find a recaster bruh
>>
Azula is best girl and if you’re not running her in your fire nation kill lists you’re doing it wrong.
>>
>>78569801
What are you, still playing 2e?
>>
So my group have been looking into the "Build an Avatar" rules for Ancient Past scenarios, and one guy decided he wants to run "Avatar Iroh" (in his words: "he bends hot tea at people!"). We figured we'd just apply the Avatar stuff on top of Iroh's existing stat block, but we ran into an issue.
What happens when a character has both the Avatar and Xenophile (Water) traits? Do they get the Water Tribe bonuses twice, or is it basically wasted?
>>
>>78570689
You are thinking of elemental specialisation for the avatar keyword.
>>
>>78545420
Some other fa/tg/uys in another thread are making this a reality godspeed you autists
>>
>>78570261
Nah man. Azula is a sleeper op build in the current edition. That’s not just me simping, that’s data.
>>
>>78546280
>>78546301
Sounds dumb
>>
>>78572639
Where? I can't find it
>>
>>78550030
He costs a FUCKLOAD of points, though, why bother using him when an entire Royal unit+backup can be deployed. Combustion Man is nearly HALF the cost and is way harder for most units to put down.

I can see him being used in skirmishes or as a general for a siege game, but other than that I'd avoid him for something cheaper.
>>
>>78545510
Cabbage is a horrible name
>>
>>78562031
It's a fun model but the lack of any movement speed is kinda a killer. It's unexpectedly good in low-point and meme games, though. No one ever expects it.
>>
>>78582760
Avatar the makings of a wargame.
The thread pic is kyoshi ty lee.
Its still up
>>
>>78582760
>>78556835

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.