[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hoshimachi suisei.jpg (3.29 MB, 2000x3000)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
Is it possible to create and make as a sociopathic character that has a sense of right and wrong? And what I mean, is that they have a moral code, only unique to that character in particular, but its based on preexisting social codes (such as The Golden Rule) filtered through their sociopathic perspective. Or would the effort and trouble not be worth the experience? Let alone the trouble the character will have with the moral alignment? Can anyone help me on this?
>>
>>78483590
If you're playing in a setting with gods and an afterlife then the prospect of getting into heaven provides a pretty compelling argument for ''altruism"
>>
>>78483590
The difference between a psychopath with a moral code and everyone else with once is that the non-psychopaths have emotional pressure to hold to their moral code. For the psychopath, it needs to be a conscious intellectual decision made every time.
>>
>>78483754
So it's exactly the same, utterly unreliable. Good to know.
>>
>>78483590
HONOR and shame from no condition rise;
Act well your part, there all the honor lies.
Fortune in men has some small difference made,
One flaunts in rags, one flutters in brocade;
The cobbler aproned, and the parson gowned, 5
The friar hooded, and the monarch crowned.
“What differ more (you cry) than crown and cowl?”
I ’ll tell you, friend; a wise man and a fool.
You ’ll find, if once the monarch acts the monk,
Or, cobbler-like, the parson will be drunk, 10
Worth makes the man, and want of it the fellow;
The rest is all but leather or prunella.
Stuck o’er with titles, and hung round with strings,
That thou mayst be by kings, or whores of kings;
Boast the pure blood of an illustrious race, 15
In quiet flow from Lucrece to Lucrece;
But by your fathers’ worth if yours you rate,
Count me those only who were good and great.
Go! if your ancient but ignoble blood
Has crept through scoundrels ever since the flood, 20
Go! and pretend your family is young,
Nor own your fathers have been fools so long.
What can ennoble sots, or slaves, or cowards?
Alas! not all the blood of all the Howards.

Who wickedly is wise, or madly brave, 25
Is but the more a fool, the more a knave.
Who noble ends by noble means obtains,
Or, failing, smiles in exile or in chains,
Like good Aurelius let him reign, or bleed
Like Socrates, that man is great indeed.
>>
What’s the appeal of playing as a sociopathic character? I ain’t disrespecting anyone who plays them. I just can’t see the appeal, you know. Won’t your actions and interactions be extremely limited due to the nature of sociopaths? Can someone explain this to me?
>>
File: psychopath.png (142 KB, 752x765)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>78485275
I play one mostly for the meme value. He's a goblin artificer and basically all of his problems are due to him being an asshole. He's a high functioning sociopath, obviously.

>Won’t your actions and interactions be extremely limited due to the nature of sociopaths?

They're not in RP nor in real life.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-180947814/
>>
>>78485633
Aren’t sociopaths and psychopaths two distinctly different things?
>>
>>78483590
The way I play my one sociopathic character, though she's mostly an NPC patron/contact, is that she has a strong sense of values and virtue, but very lacking morality.
ie; She takes her societie's goals and expectations very seriously, but tends to arrive at them through excusing herself of moment-to-moment morality.
>>
>>78483590
That's a ready character arc in itself, frankly. Having no inbuilt sense of right and wrong, but striving to understand what makes people act morally or immorally. So sounds cool, IMO.
>>
>>78485633
>>78485275
>limited nature
isn't the meme that sociopaths do whatever they want because they don't care about rules or mores and are just selfish, while psychopaths do whatever they want because they're sadistic?
>>
>>78486283
Yeah. Though unlike psychopaths, sociopaths have been known to have a weak conscious
>>
>>78486304
another thing I wanted to add before I hit send; poor impulse control doesn't mean no impulse control, and being a sociopath doesn't mean you don't understand consequences
you might not want to deal with the fallout of being lolsorandumb, so that takes priority over immediately getting your rocks off
>>
>>78485894
It's a very fuzzy definition that keeps changing as the DSM changes/times change.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tyrannical-minds/201907/psychopathic-sociopathic-or-antisocial-personality

>Sadly, there is no general agreement that the label sociopath reflects these distinctions. Academic researchers, in contrast to many clinicians, favor the term psychopathy almost exclusively.
>>
>>78485275
Not really limited. A sociopath isn't a lolsorandum murder everyone person. They literally just don't consider others' pain. Some do develop complexes related to control or sadism, like BTK but I believe those are more often psychopaths. Sociopaths are the sorts of people who make highly valuable companies because they have no scruples like Bezos building a mutlibillion dollar empire because he gives no shits about the lives he crushes with his oppressive workplaces or Zuckerberg who makes millions by reducing people to as much salable data as possible.

>>78485894
I believe sociopath are inherent while psychopaths are created, off the top of my head.

One of my favorite characters I had ever played was an AI who was technically a sociopath. His entire morality system was built on a series of directives me and another player, whose character is the one who created the AI, worked out. The AI was partially based on the AI from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, so the prime directive was that the engineer character was AI's very best friend, and is to be cherished. The rest were various codes of conduct and connections developed later. Other then the friend directive, nothing were really linked too empathy of value of human life. He didn't do the 'kill all humans' crap, either, because life just didn't figure into decision making beyond keeping his very best friend happy.
>>
>>78486351
So, the difference between a low-functioning sociopath and high-functioning sociopath is impulse control?
>>
>>78487061
Pretty much. It's mostly a product of intelligence, because it comes down to a cost benefit analysis. An intelligent sociopath looks at something they might want to do, and if it's something that they could put in jail for life for, they can decide they shouldn't do it.
>>
>>78487110
Not that anon, I know sociopaths are born that way. But how do they become low-functioning or high-functioning.
>>
File: Kashima.png (565 KB, 817x1153)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>78485894
>>78486356
>>78486472

>The psychopath is callous, yet charming. He or she will con and manipulate others with charisma and intimidation and can effectively mimic feelings to present as "normal" to society. The psychopath is organized in their criminal thinking and behavior, and can maintain good emotional and physical control, displaying little to no emotional or autonomic arousal, even under situations that most would find threatening or horrifying. The psychopath is keenly aware that what he or she is doing is wrong, but does not care.

>the sociopath is less organized in his or her demeanor; he or she might be nervous, easily agitated, and quick to display anger. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences. Compared to the psychopath, the sociopath will not be able to move through society committing callous crimes as easily, as they can form attachments and often have 'normal temperaments.

Both psychopaths and sociopaths are capable of committing horrific crimes, but a sociopath is less likely to commit them against those with whom there is a bond.
>>
>>78486472
>I believe sociopath are inherent while psychopaths are created, off the top of my head.
I thought it was the opposite? Psychopath are born and sociopath are created. The whole nature vs nature bs.
>>
>>78483590
Of course you can. You've already described the concept.
>>
>>78483590
Look up the corrupted virtues from the Ultima series, where the virtues of honesty, charity, and so on where twisted into tyranny.
>>
>>78488165
I think what OP wants if a SM or GM would allow such a character. Since ultimately, they are also going to deal with that character as well.
>>
>>78483590
>sociopath with a moral code
we call those paladins
>>
>>78489243
>we call those paladins
I'm sorry, but I don't follow. Aren't Paladins the opposite of that?
>>
>>78483590
Yeah, you make them a shotacon.
>>
>>78483590
Watch Dexter. Simple as
>>
>>78483590
Look up Max Damage from the comic series Incorruptible. He's initially a supervillain who turns good, but knows he has zero moral compass and gets the Commissioner Gordon-equivalent character to keep him on the straight and narrow. He's strict with himself, starting off with burning all the money he's acquired over the years despite everyone around him starving to death because 'that money was borne from evil, and evil cannot be tolerated'. Basically he overdoes it, and everyone else goes wtf and tries to rein him in. It's tough trying to be a good guy.
>>
>>78490943
Sociopaths have no sense of shame, so everything they do is alright in their book because that's what shame does, it's the behavioral self-correcting mechanism in the brain. They cannot do anything that is actually tough for them, because their only drives are interest and fear, not the shame of failing themselves or others.
>>
>>78490223
Dexter isn't even a real sociopath, the guy is just disturbed what happened to his childhood.
>>
>>78491108
>Sociopaths have no sense of shame, so everything they do is alright in their book because that's what shame does
That isn’t necessarily true. They are a bit more reluctant to do certain actions if they affect those closes too then. So they at the very least, have some sense and shame.
>>
>>78489367
>Yeah, you make them a shotacon
Is this another reference? I do t get it, can you explain, anon.
>>
>>78489261
Yeah, paladins are basically paragons of goodness, right? Moral pillars?
>>
>>78495036
Hoshimachi Suisei (the character in the OP image) is a perfectly sane and mentally healthy girl unless you point out the obvious fact that her tastes in men make her a shotacon.
Go look up her singing on Youtube. She's rather talented.
>>
>>78492570
His actions and motivations (atleast in season 1) are close enough to be used for inspiration, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>78483590
Look at Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men
>>
>>78495036
Suisei, she's called 'Suicopath' in jest among her fans because she sometimes plays a comedic "sociopath" when playing certain games (GTA, multiplayer games)
The whole thread was supposed to be just a Suisei joke bc 4chan but OP forgot how much /tg/ loves psychopath murderhobos.
>>
>>78498256
But they are, despite your personal feelings towards them
>>
>>78483590
Yes, 100%. The key element is that there is very little room for external influence of this code, and that the components of the code are upheld arbitrarily, and to the letter of the code, without respect to the underlying intent of the code.

A couple examples of distinctions like this.
Say, a "paladin"-like archetype exists in your setting, that has a code with the underlying Rule 0 of avoiding extra suffering, that all other rules are implicitly enforcing, and can be negotiated around that point.
A "sociopath" following that code wouldn't understand that rule 0, and just enforce the items on the code as if they were what was important. So where a "normal" paladin might look the other way when a destitute family is stealing food from a wealthy merchant, because punishing them would create more suffering than it would rid the world of, the sociopath would fully enforce it, because look, right here, item 6 on the code "no stealing".

Another good path is to have the code of a sociopathic character itself be arbitrary, and not necessarily indicative of any commonly agreed upon system of right and wrong. Not full on blue-and-orange Fey morality "you wore Green on a Tuesday, die stupid monkey", but more like the character's own, not necessarily well-informed beliefs forming the bedrock of the law they try to enforce. Like, believing that sending children away to trade schools before 18 is wrong, so punishing families that do this an "liberating" such children, or something.

>>78486472
Also this.
Chaotic Neutral/Stupid is the lowest common denominator way to play a sociopathic character. It CAN be done well, but requires a lot more nuance than most people building a Chaotic Stupid character have the ability or will to create.
>>
>>78498826
I mean, yeah, but still, anon, not really a 1:1 comparison.
>>
yes, some people HAVE in fact played lizardmen correctly
>>
>>78488101
Probably. I feel like I always get them mixed up. I think the names feel backwards. Psychopaths are more adept at blending in to society, but psychopath evokes 'psychotic' to me, while sociopaths are inept at being 'social'. It just always sounds wrong to me that way so I accidentally switch them.
>>
>>78502908
>lizardmen
But they aren't sociopaths though.
>>
>>78502908
lmao
>>
>>78483590
What's the difference between a sociopathic and psychopathic character, BTW, and how can you make sure that you aren't confusing one for the other?
>>
>>78483590
Sociopaths, to my understanding are just socially stunted people with slow-burning explosive tempers and a limited bonding ability. None of that really hinders one's ability to abide by a code of ethics.
>>
>>78504049
>Sociopath
Autistic tendencies, explosive and violent tempers, only form bonds with few people
>Psychopath
Silver tongued devils, use social manipulation to get their way, generally view other people as assets and lack an ability to bond
>>
Now that I think about it my character in a numenera campaign is totally a psycho/sociopath.
>Paranoid to the point the only person her trusts completely is a robot doppleganger of himself.
>Doesn't trust the man who's saved his life multiple times and is the closest thing he has to a friend with the full truth.
>Heavily considering a fratricide.
>Heavily considering a patricide.
>Completely lied to the families of three of the men who he got killed to save his reputation.
>Plotting a revolution for no reason other than he thinks everyone would be better off with him in charge to "secure a better tomorrow"
>If he was asked to describe that better tomorrow his description would be vague at best and downright terrible at worst."
>>
>>78483590

Had one player run his character as a high-functioning sociopath. So we avoided all that crap about pintless teamkilling ruining the drama and fun for everyone else since his character understood that people cared about that sort of thing and could make his own decisions accordingly. Where it came into play was when I would run missions focused on other characters' backstories. He would have to roleplay through figuring out what the other party members cared about and to what degree in order to avoid problems. Worked well since it was a modern setting and the other characters had some understanding of his in-game diagnosis. Caused just enough problems to be interesting.

You need really good players to make that work, though. If some of my players had brought up that character idea, I would have refused.
>>
>>78504218
How did you play him without stopping and thinking what's wrong with him?
>>
>>78504370
I was playing him as a self centered asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else but I never quite realised that meant pyscho.
>>
>>78487144
Intelligence, either learned or inherent.
>>
>>78504386
What did psycho mean to you before?
>>
>>78504227
>If some of my players had brought up that character idea, I would have refused.
Any reason for it? Please, so I won't make a mistake when I request it.
>>
>>78504070
There’s multiple states of sociopathy, though. Some, more severe than others. What you’re doing is using broad strokes and generalization.
>>
>>78505678
>multiple states of sociopathy,
Yeah, I think I read something about that years ago. Can you please elaborate on the details?
>>
>>78483873
It's not you fucking dipshit.
A psychopath may torture a kitten on a whim if they think there will be no repercussions.
They lack the ability to feel regret. They have no conscience.
That makes them very impulse, as negative outcomes of events have much less of a conditioning effect on them than normal people. They don't have an intrinsic system that reinforces the lessons that you learn throughout your life.
They also lack empathy, which makes everything worse.

Then again, there's sociopaths who behave morally in a "going through the motion" way. They had good parents and now good behavior is a habit of theirs, even if they don't consciously understand it.
>>
>>78502908
Or vampires, for that matter.
>>
>>78501941
If you're looking for something that fits absolutely 100% on being a sociopath, then I suppose you're right. My point is more that something like Dexter is what I would consider to be the closest to a character that others would consider a sociopath, without being a complete annoyance at the table.
>>
>>78508069
>My point is more that something like Dexter is what I would consider to be the closest to a character that others would consider a sociopath, without being a complete annoyance at the table.
On that, I agree.
>>
>>78507732
>They lack the ability to feel regret. They have no conscience.

What is even the reason to torture a kitten without the thrill of regret and other emotions? It’s like cuting a steak that moves and makes a noise.
>>
>>78508881
>What is even the reason to torture a kitten without the thrill of regret and other emotions?
Have the power on other living things?
>>
>>78509574
That’s a good reason actually but inflicting pain is more pleasurable.
>>
>>78509672
Like what? In a high certain way or is the pleasure more in line with sexual pleasure?
>>
>>78507812
Vampires can have human mortality, anon. Anne Rice showed that they can.
>>
>>78498277
>Hoshimachi Suisei (the character in the OP image) is a perfectly sane and mentally healthy girl unless you point out the obvious fact that her tastes in men make her a shotacon.
So, she's a pedophile? Liking little boys in a romantic way?
>>
>>78501261
>A couple examples of distinctions like this.
>Say, a "paladin"-like archetype exists in your setting, that has a code with the underlying Rule 0 of avoiding extra suffering, that all other rules are implicitly enforcing, and can be negotiated around that point.
>A "sociopath" following that code wouldn't understand that rule 0, and just enforce the items on the code as if they were what was important. So where a "normal" paladin might look the other way when a destitute family is stealing food from a wealthy merchant, because punishing them would create more suffering than it would rid the world of, the sociopath would fully enforce it, because look, right here, item 6 on the code "no stealing".
>Another good path is to have the code of a sociopathic character itself be arbitrary, and not necessarily indicative of any commonly agreed upon system of right and wrong. Not full on blue-and-orange Fey morality "you wore Green on a Tuesday, die stupid monkey", but more like the character's own, not necessarily well-informed beliefs forming the bedrock of the law they try to enforce. Like, believing that sending children away to trade schools before 18 is wrong, so punishing families that do this an "liberating" such children, or something.
So, if what I'm reading correctly, a sociopathic character would a lawful good or lawful stupid in a moral alignment? Is that correct, or am I still wrong?
>>
>>78513035
More like lawful evil, even when following a good codex.
They'd likely interpret the rules in a way that's favorable to them.
>>
>>78513533
>More like lawful evil, even when following a good codex.
That's what I meant to say, use the law to their advantage on any criminal they catch.

>They'd likely interpret the rules in a way that's favorable to them.
I can see that. No doubt, they would also break the law if no one would catch them in the act. if only, to sate to their impulses.

Isn't that why there's an old adage about sociopaths and psychopaths going police, lawyers, and other various jobs?
>>
>>78507732
As an alternative to the rash decision-making of emotions and what you call empathy that is usually just self-centeredness where you think everyone is you?
>>
File: limmy.png (299 KB, 458x485)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>78514187
based, empaths are no better than psychopaths and have the same capacity for the evil they fear from them
>>
>>78514187
>>78514218
How are empathetic people similar to psychopaths?
>>
>>78514689
both groups are capable of being good or shitty people. empaths just meme on psychos because they've confused empathy, being able to feel what someone else feels, with caring. They also often conveniently leave out how bad hyperempathy sucks, especially when you start projecting it onto inanimate objects as well
>>
>>78483590
Sociopath? Just have them eat other characters whole.
>>
>>78483590
Sociopaths are not incapable of determining right and wrong; they're just not wired to account for the emotions and feelings of other people. If a sociopath has some kind of creed or code, they follow it because its in their own interest or what they want to do.

Put differently: sociopaths hold themselves separate from others, which doesn't mean they can't get along or play nice, just that they're not predisposed to it in the same way more typical people are. A lack of empathy or respect for others does not compel them to do harm, but it makes it easier for them to justify it and reduces significantly the guilt or shame they'd feel.

In short: A sociopath may actually be easier to play with an intrinsically motivated code, because otherwise they're just callous characters with highly situational ethics.

A sociopathic character will probably be on the 3x3 "Chaotic" even if they have a code; while they follow their own compass, it doesn't align to worldly laws or the wants and needs of others (in authority or otherwise). They will also probably be non-good, since the well-being of others aren't their concern typically.
>>
>>78514785
Sounds like someone with Anti-social personality disorder would say.
>>
I played as a sociopathic superhero in a game once. The rationale there was that he'd literally sat down and thought "How do I maximise the profit from my superpowers, should I use them for crime or not?" and then while he was doing that, he saw a news report about one of the other pcs saving a bunch of people from a car crash and thought, "Everyone loves them, huh. Wonder if I can get some of that?"

Over the course of the campaign he slowly built up an ethical code, and ended up as the captain of the pc team.
>>
>>78515888
He basically just ended up taking the long way around into being a good guy.
>>
>>78515888
Gotta agree with this >>78515920 anon.
>>
>>78515084
>Sociopaths are not incapable of determining right and wrong; they're just not wired to account for the emotions and feelings of other people.
Studies have shown that they actually can, anon.
>>
>>78504125
Partially tire but completely off the mark, anon.
>>
>>78483590
>>78485275
Just play what you think a sociopath is, and just embody all the memes about them, actually being a sociopath is not very fun.
t. Diagnosed with ASPD
>>
>>78485894
Sociopaths are like psychopaths but autistic.
>>
>>78505101

Mostly because those players were good-natured but socially inept spergs who would bring the game to a screeching halt by doing something that ruined everyone else's fun and cry, "But that's what my character would do!" They aren't bad guys and I still enjoy gaming with them, but you combine low levels of social awareness (even by nerd standards) with poor impulse control and you get a lot of misunderstandings. They're better as expressly good-aligned characters, or as bad guys in games that are about intra-party backstabbing.
>>
>>78487061
>>78487061

Partly impulse control, partly a sort of enlightened self-interest. They have to be smart enough to realize, "If I fuck over the other party members for a tiny short-term gain, I won't have them around to help me make huge long-term gains." Leading into, "These guys haven't screwed me over for short-term gains yet, so they must also realize that if we keep working together, we can make huge long-term gains. Better keep this good thing going." They still run into trouble when they misapprehend what stands to be gained, or what other people might value, because they can't put themselves in the shoes of someone for whom love and empathy are their own reward. But they can learn to recognize that someone else values something and that assisting that person will result in that person's continued investment.
>>
>>78504817
Basically the same thing. It just never clicked to me.
>>
>>78519979
>sort of enlightened self-interest.
This is a new one, I never heard psycho be called enlightened before.
>>
>>78515780
i have empathy so i don't qualify for the armchair diagnosis, Doktor
>>
>>78523194
Empathy for who? For even sociopaths are capably of some empathy
>>
>>78523608
empathy for most people I see on a daily basis; got me a bad habit of having to dole out money to the homeless even if I'm running low on it for myself and makes it hard for me to say no to them if they ask, too.
>>
>>78519453
Nigga, that can be said a us in /tg/.
>>
>>78483590
Why do you want to do it?
>>
>>78525017
Not the OP but it could make a fun experience.
>>
>>78519207
>actually being a sociopath is not very fun.
>t. Diagnosed with ASPD
Tell us more, anon. This is a one time experience about it and you could help me.
>>
Literally Kirei Kotomine.
>>
>>78525033
Having a mental illness is not a fun experience.
>>
>>78483590
OP, I don't know a ton about psychology or medicine, but it sounds like you're talking about autism.
>>
>>78527081
No, it’s not autism, anon.
>>
>>78526052
>Kirei Kotomine
He’s a good guy.
>>
>>78507732
Moreover, a sociopath can actually hold and maintain proper relationships, albeit with a strange sort of reciprocation involved. If a sociopath believes that you improve their life in some fashion, even if they can't actually describe or define why or how, then they'll take reasonable measures to ensure that you stick around. You might not ever realise that they are a sociopath, in that case, because fundamentally speaking it's the same exchange as a regular relationship except they are more honest to themselves about it. Of course, it would also generally lead to manipulative behaviour, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>78508881
>>78509574
>>78510514
>What is even the reason to torture a kitten
Actual sociopath here.

Done this when I was about 5 years old. I liked to torture and kill various creatures, including kittens, puppies and rabbits. Though I never actually killed the rabbits or left any kinds of marks on them - my grandfather kept them for meat and pelts so I had no desire to get caught, so I never left any evidence.
This memories are rather vague, as it was 30 years ago, but as far as I can remember I did that simply because I felt like it. Definitely no connections with sexual pleasure, as I didn't even knew about it at such young age.
But I vaguely remember some warm feeling in my chest as I slowly stomped kittens to death or burned them alive. It's also funny that EVERY single cat, especially street ones immediately fled from my presence since that time. That somehow stopped when I was about 18.

I also remember my delight when I my granddad slaughtered a pig and asked me to help him by holding a bucket under its throat, to collect the blood. I got even more delighted when I helped him to burn the stubble on the pig's hide with a blowtorch. I especially enjoyed the taste of pork from that particular pig because of my own involvement. I was 4 at this time.

When I was 7-10 I also often hunted frogs and lizards with my friends, and I liked to cut them open to learn what was inside them. Though this was probably pretty normal among children of that age, especially considering time and place.

I also remember holding one kid face down in an anthill because I thought it was fun. We were both about 7 at the time.

Haven't done such things to animals in decades - but I feel no regret.
>>
>>78527478
What about sibling relationship?
>>
>>78483590
Take a look at the Paths/Roads from Vampire: The Masquerade (3rd edition). Those might serve as inspiration
>>
>>78527857
Can Humanity check be implemented?
>>
>>78527538
>But I vaguely remember some warm feeling in my chest as I slowly stomped kittens to death or burned them alive.

Neurotypicals feel this too. Apes are naturally sadistic.
>>
>>78528389
Apes don’t kill for fun.
>>
>>78528652
They may not kill for fun, but for other reasons?! I know that at least one primate species will kill babies so that the mothers will be able to have ‘their’ kids.
>>
>>78529516
That’s not sociopathic behavior but Darwinism in action.
>>
>>78528652
They absolutely do.
>>
>>78529930
Anon, domesticated house cats kill for fun. They’re the only animal in the animal kingdom to kill for fun.
>>
>>78527856
Sociopaths don’t really care about their siblings in general.
>>
>>78530007
Apes, killer whales, and dolphins all kill for fun on a regular basis. Plenty of other animals get observed stomping or biting critters for no particular reason, but that isn't quite as certain. People who get really into "man is the real animal" are retards who haven't watched enough nature documentaries.

At least watch that one video where the racoon gets into the ape pit. They fuck that guy up.
>>
>>78527478
This thread is making me consider whether I might be a sociopath.
I do have regret and shit, but my approach to interpersonal relationships is kinda utalitarian, with a slight "I'll help them because that makes me moral" bend.
>>
>>78531050
If you have regret, you aren’t a sociopath
>>
>>78500853
Sociopaths with a moral code are paragons of goodness despite our opinions about them. That tells more about the goodness than it does about our opinions. Sociopathy is good.
>>
>>78483590
For me there is a difference between socipath and a character who simply don't have anyone to care about (family is dead etc.) and choose not to because it could be dangerous and distracting for them. When you are alone, and struggling to survive it's understabe to be eqoist.
>>
>>78531118
not that anon, but does that include regret over doing cringy shit? Because that's more like "wow I can't believe I thought that was a good idea" rather than "i can't believe I did that to someone."
>>
>>78531310
>not that anon, but does that include regret over doing cringy shit?
I don't think Sociopath have any shame whatsoever.
>>
>>78483590
>sociopathic character that has a sense of right and wrong
No you oxymoron
>>
>>78532317
I wish I was sociopath. I could just be myself.
>>
>>78485894
As a therapist, yes. People blend news stories and police definitions with the real clinical evidence a lot.
>>78485633
You aren't discussing sociopaths though.
>>
>>78487818
You know nothing -nothing-, about this topic.
>>
>>78490223
Hahahaha
You know, because tv shows are hardcore evidence and not entertainment to sell ads
>>
>>78498826
No. You don't know much about this topic other than you watched a TV show by writers who also don't know the topic.
>>
>>78483590
Yes. Being a sociopath means you don't have a sense of empathy for other people. You can still have a moral framework based on philosophy or an ethical system.

Hurting people doesn't *feel* wrong but you can still understand that it *is* wrong and not do it.
>>
>>78532317
Shame is what normies live by. Opinion of others is all they care about.
>>
>>78532378
Anon, read the rest of the post.
>>
>>78532451
That's a report, anon.
>>
>>78530320
>At least watch that one video where the racoon gets into the ape pit. They fuck that guy up.
That's being territorial, anon. All animals do that shit.
>>
>>78532426
Except I am? Again, I'm playing a meme sociopath, not a hyper literal simulation of a medically textbook sociopath. He's a genius asshole who has little regard for human life.
>>
>>78535940
how are other people reacting to that character?
>>
>>78537964
I don't harm other players desu, a lot of it is backstory and suggestions of what to do. The fact he's a sociopath doesn't even come up outside of a few meme conversations. For example, DM said the arrow from another player's critical fail is sticking out of my head. I respond, "It hits the part of my brain that feels the slightest bit of compassion towards my party."

I don't play as an asshole towards the party, that's stupid and counterproductive. I only make ridiculous suggestions like, "Well we should light all of the houses on fire until the wendigo comes out" that ultimately gets shut down by the party. It's more of a humorous bit than a real suggestion.
>>
>>78538539
I can see that. Wondering if a Sociopath can even love, since I'm thinking of using that as an antagonist.
>>
So, one of the antagonist is in love with her younger brother, she’s a sociopath. How do I make it believable?
>>
File: Hansel_gretel2.jpg (60 KB, 410x543)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>78539430
If he's a sociopath too then something like pic related
Otherwise she could be thinking logically and loving him because he is her brother, or she could have a sense of possessiveness and view him as belonging to her.
>>
>>78539880
>she could have a sense of possessiveness and view him as belonging to her.
I was gonna go with this. Like younger brother belong to their older sister type of things.
>>
>>78532415
No you don't, anon
>>
>>78483590
It's possible, but these disorders are characterized not just by lack of a capacity for empathy (though that is their hallmark), but greatly diminished responsiveness to stimuli and serious lack of impulse control.

A 'successful' psychopath will necessarily master this last one to greater or lesser degree. A psychopath is not necessarily sadistic, but what they almost always are is easily bored. Boredom leads to experimentation, which is a risk to your code-following hypothetical. They will not feel any sort of emotional impulse to hew to the code if they can stimulate themselves otherwise without risking what they value.

A psychopath with well-developed impulse control might find it easier than most to stick to a code of conduct in at least some ways, because their affective flattening makes it very difficult for others to dislodge them from it. Again, boredom and a lack of external pressure to conform are the threat to this behavior.

Most psychopaths - and most sociopaths - do not have good impulse control. Or, at least, most of those detected do not. These sort of people would be unlikely to obey a code.

>>78486283
Psychopathy is in-born, sociopathy is biological tendency conditioned by environment. Not all psychopaths are sadistic.
>>
>>78542514
>Psychopathy is in-born, sociopathy is biological tendency conditioned by environment. Not all psychopaths are sadistic.
Is there a difference in behavior and social interaction.
>>
>>78532537
>Being a sociopath means you don't have a sense of empathy for other people.
That's wrong though. Sociopaths are shown to exhibit a small degree of empathy
>>
>>78535887
Not quite, it tried to run off and they pulled it back in. And then started trying to rip it in half. Territory disputes are snarls, nips, and one running off. You don't hold them down to torture them more.
>>
>>78544912
You got a link to the video or news?
>>
>>78546627
>link
Seconded please.
>>
The fact that there's one or two edgetards in here trying to gatekeep a conversation about psycho/sociopathy in FICTIONAL FUCKING CHARACTERS is some of the cringiest shit I have ever seen.

We get it dudes - you vape.

In the meantime just play your crazy PC however you want to. Read a bit online for inspiration if you want to, or don't and just wing it off a pop culture reference. It's a game bro.
>>
>>78523934
That's compassion, not empathy, retard.
>>
>>78531050
>This thread is making me consider whether I might be a sociopath.
Taking mental health cue from armchair psychologists on 4chan is not a good idea. Especially in this day and age, where mental illness is a badge of pride. Psychology is like a horoscope - everything is so poorly defined that if you go reading about it on your own, you'll diagnose yourself with every mental illness on the planet.
>>
>>78546627
>>78547808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7u2TTPXFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qXk9sqF5Q

Apparently it happens a lot, there's loads of videos of it. tbf it's probably pretty boring in an enclosure. I'd probably beyblade some raccoons too.
>>
>>78525942
I'd basically be explaining my entire life story just for the result to be about how everyone with ASPD is different in some way or another.
Tabletop, to me at least, is less about being as hyper-accurate as possible, and just not letting things get in the way of a good story.
Just base your character off of a fun portrayal of a sociopath.
Ultimately my advice is to not even give characters defining traits like mental illnesses, if you're too wrapped up in what your character technically "can" and "can't" do because of their mental illness, then you're not playing the character, you're just playing a mental condition wearing a human skin suit.
I've always seen the "mental condition" excuse used to cover up bad character concepts. A character who's "A genius magic user who has read almost every book about magic, but has muscle spasms constantly and randomly shouts words in a demonic tongue" is way more interesting and dynamic than "A smart wizard with tourette's syndrome"
You're already playing a game with laser guns or magic spells, just play something you want to if it sounds fun, just make up your own shit, that's literally the best part about TTRPG's
>>
>>78547999
That's true.
I used to have heavy depressions and they were subjectively nothing like the lists of symptoms that you find everywhere.
For example, this "thought spiral" thing was not something that just happened randomly because I have this illness called depressions. It was something that happened because I tried to fill my mind when the wait for certain things that I couldn't affect yet and that I was focused on became excruciating.
Or the "loss of motivation" thing. In my case, I noticed my depressions after two weeks or so, when I realized that I hadn't been feeling all week.
Loss of motivation did not come from the depressions. It was an effect of deconditioning based on my main symptom - anhedonia.
I like to use the mental image of a pudding that loses its shape once you remove the thing holding it together to describe how my depressions worked.
I'm still somewhat half melted a decade later.
>>
>>78547847
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>78548057
Jesus.
>>
>>78513035
Kind of, yes.
>>78513533
Also a bit of this.

They will uphold rules to the letter in the way Lawful Stupid might, but be prone to interpreting them in ways that benefit them, or enforce their beliefs over what the goal of those rules actually is. Say, the sociopath paladin really needs a horse, and so takes a liberty or two in what counts as theft for that day.

Now, it ISN'T necessarily the case that they would instantly break their law or code if they thought they could get away with it. Sociopathic characters CAN believe in things, although again, more to the idea of what it is or means to them, than the actual goal of the code (ie, a normal Paladin believes in their oath because they want to protect the people and save them from suffering, while the sociopath character believes in their oath largely because of what they have invested in it, or the routine and comfort it gives them).

And, yes, this means that if the terms of a code are absolutely explicitly laid out, a sociopath can in fact be kind of shepherded towards doing consistently "good" things.
It's also worth noting that personal desire can play a part. There certainly exist sociopaths that, say, abhor violence, and would do everything they could to avoid hurting others. Even if, for extended example, them not hurting someone directly lead to more people getting hurt.
You can also have self-aware sociopaths that try to find external guidance systems to limit their own negative impact, which would still probably take on the appearance of Lawful Stupid, if they are trusting the code to point them in the right direction at all times, even if they don't fully understand it. Such a character might try to get a partner who was normal if they were serious about it. Though, remember that in that case, it would probably be because the character didn't want to be a villain, not because they cared about the people they might hurt, if that makes sense. Narcissistic thought process and whatnot.
>>
>>78547999
This. It's an overdone meme, but there is some truth to the idea that everyone has their own normal.
Most people have some degree of quirk to them, especially if you're here. With all of the variables in place, the pseudo-experts that like to post here, and the tendency for people to develop symptoms as they read them, there's really not much stock you should ever put into anything like this from a thread on 4chan. Maybe a penny in the jar of concern if things start sounding eerily spooky.

I would say, if you consider yourself "in doubt", and not pretty fucking certain of what you have already, it is much, much more likely that between the batshit fucking insane conditions forced on you by modern society and propaganda, the heightened exposure to chemical, electromagnetic, and radioactive contamination from your diet and environment, and (possibly) taking any mind altering drugs, whether prescribed to you by a doctor or not, you just have a bit of a quirk to you that you have to work around. That or just good old-fashioned high-functioning autism.
A bit of pseudo-expertise of my own, if you are super caught up in your head, wondering about why you are feeling what you are, and worrying if what you are feeling is correct, or if you're somehow deceiving yourself, that's a penny in the jar for high-functioning autism.
If you are seriously concerned with it, go to an actual expert and get it checked out.

I'll say, having awareness of the utilitarian function of various "good" things does not make you a socio/psychopath. Hell, even acting on them doesn't. It's when those are the ENTIRE point of your relationship to them that you should start worrying.
>>
>>78550016
>having awareness of the utilitarian function of various "good" things does not make you a socio/psychopath. Hell, even acting on them doesn't
I never understood why people do this either. It's the same problem I have with
>'NO YOU CAN'T TAKE A REWARD FOR DOING A GOOD THING GOOD THINGS ARE THEIR OWN REWARD'
Yes, sometimes it is in bad form to accept a reward for doing something good, either from the scandal possible of the reward being taken as bribery or encouraging purely mercenary activity. But there's also something to be said for doing justice by someone who sacrificed to help others, and helping them in return.
A hero should be willing to lay down his life even when he doesn't expect to earn anything from it, but we as a society should also be willing and able to help support heroic activity. No, you shouldn't try and force a First Responder discount down everyone else's throat, but funding and supporting first responders should be encouraged. Preferably locally, so there are as few middlemen as possible.
>>
>>78550499
>I never understood why people do this either. It's the same problem I have with
It’s how society raised them.
>>
>>78547956
Empathy and compassion are one of the same.
>>
>>78548273
I’ll take your advice at heart.
>>
>>78552389
>Although thought of as the same, Empathy and Compassion are different forms of the same emotion. Empathy and Compassion require you to imaginatively experience the same feelings as the person or situation in question. Empathy is seen as a passive emotional response.
>>
>>78555251
>Empathy is seen as a passive emotional response.
The fuck is passive emotional response?
>>
>>78543775
Yes, there is.
>>
>>78544889
Yes. We do - but it's rare.
My father currently dies from an incurable disease. Generally I don't feel anything about it - but recently I met him when I visited my parents during my mother's birthday - and I felt some real compassion for him for a short time, even if it lasted only for a moment. I genuinely respect him - but I'm unable to feel true distress about it. It's probably good - I'm unable to help him. And even if I truly felt bad about it - it won't change anything.
>>
>>78507732
Ever since I learned that psychopaths actually have a different brain make up from the regular population I've been wondering how much of the population is psychopathic but never had any reason to act on it.
>>
>>78559510
True psychopaths are a minority. Probably less than 1%. Sociopaths are more widespread.
And even sociopaths are not entirely safe from them.
Was friends with a psychopathic guy (I learned it the hard way) for more than a decade. We were really close with him - we even shared girls and fucked them together. We were more than friends - we shared our blood and became blood blothers. I even felt some romantic feelings for him, despite being straight and huge stigma against that in my country.
Much later he tried to slit my throat with a knife. I was too drunk and slow to break his wrist - I broke the blade with my bare hand instead. It cost me a severed tendon, though.
I also spared him - because of 12 years of our previous friendship, even if I could destroy him on the spot. I still regret that I spared him.
>>
>>78483590

Quite literally a lot of my characters are sociopaths who sees the solution in every problem like a trigger in a gun or a rope that needs to be cut. No one wants to pull it because they are scared of what happens. But the characters I play and create don't care because no one has an answer.

Ask yourself this question, imagine a threat of monsters that burns down your villages yet your local authorities refuse to take the threats seriously by sending the least qualified to fight these threats because they are either easy bait for the monsters they fight or because they are rookies

Meanwhile you offered the amoral decision to send convicts and shady individuals to fight them and suddenly their sense of honor keeps them doing so. So you decided to prove them wrong by forming your own local force to fight them and they proved to rise to the occasion
>>
>>78560068
That's being a rationalist.
>>
>>78559460
Do you feel as if there’s something wrong with you.
>>
>>78483590
Who are your favorite sociopathic characters in existing media? What's the key factors to remember when making a sociopathic or psychopathic character, especially the "main" character?
>>
>>78564504
Yukino is not a sociopath.
>>
>>78564504
all time favorite: Tomoe Mami (Chiaki timeline)
recent infatuation: Binah
>>
>>78565921
>Binah
Never heard of them. Also, why those two?
>>
>>78559806
>muh 1%
Why the fuck does everyone treat 1% like it's a low number when it comes to populations?
If genuinely people in the ballpark of 1% were psychopaths, we'd be living in the fucking world of Mad Max.
It's the same as that 1% is trans or 10% is gay bullshit.
That's not how numbers work, for fuck's sake.
1% is a LOT. It's not a miniscule number. If 1% of people are something, it means that encountering that something is a completely mundane and common thing.

However, I can see how 1% of politicians and even 10% of CEOs might be affected.
>>
>>78567565
>However, I can see how 1% of politicians and even 10% of CEOs might be affected.
Believable numbers.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 156x324)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>78483590
I knew a sociopath once, guy was very much a "get back on the horse" kinda guy if you had any issues. He didn't have much patience for people whining about shit being hard, they should either just quit or bite their teeth together and go at it. At the same time if he saw a homeless guy he would buy him some food, like and extra sandwich, since he was buying one for himself anyways. He didn't want to give them money because he believed they would probably waste it on drugs and alcohol.
I didn't know him for long, he also had a dark sense of humor and a decent amount of self-irony. He of course had a criminal past but had worked on it and gotten some help to get better and learn more about not doing bad shit.
If I'm being honest. He was also one of the most right leaning guys I've ever met, not in the traditions are important manner but in an libertarian sense. Most PCs I've seen probably show some tendencies toward this condition. Unless you go movie memes and be a full on self absorbed unfeeling cold bastard in which case it probably can't be done since it's a co-op game.
>>
>>78568479
Is this some kind of pasta?
>>
>>78568479
Based ringbearer
>>
>>78569403
Who?
>>
>>78567565
Because it is.
>>
>>78533273
It’s still an oxymoron.
>>
>>78483590
>Is it possible to create and make as a sociopathic character that has a sense of right and wrong?
It understands that there are a set of rules and guidelines for human civilization known as "good and evil", that following procedures that others perceive as good are met with accolades and rewards, and that evil actions are met with violent reciprocity and/or other punishments. It prioritizes beneficial response by the group over absolute personal freedom.
>>
>>78504125
So, most of /tg is made up of sociopaths. Good to know.
>>
>>78568092
Clother to 100% among higher-ups.
>>
>>78483590
>Is it possible to create and make as a sociopathic character that has a sense of right and wrong?
Right and wrong are opinions. Sociopaths, whatever you think that word means, can have opinions, so yes.
>>
>>78562823
I know that I'm incredibly fucked up by ordinary human standards. But I don't think I'm able to truly feel bad about it.

In fact, I often revel in it, especially when I'm drunk and/or high. I also work for russian government, so my civil rank (which is roughly equivalent to an army captain) shields me from most of the potential troubles.
>>
>>78515920
Much like some real-life sociopaths.
>>
>>78511507
No, she's a shotacon. Read the thread before replying dumbass.
>>
>>78574143
But do they live by those opinions, or discard them once their usefulness is over?
>>
>>78575158
>attraction to young boys
>>
>>78576542
Imho, depends. Just as much as it depends for other people. Probably less likely in some situation and more likely in others.

Sociopathic tenancies do not make you an alien or crazy person, just slightly different and less inclined to interact or care about society as much as the average monkey, thus why beyond a few people they like society is a theoretical that is fine to have because it provides power, internet, plumbing, running water, you know, convenient things to have. Beyond that the state and shape of societies existence is kinda negotiable.

Think of it like this. Say most sociopaths tend to be right wing because individualism appeals, but if the country suddenly turns communist, if they are smart they will try to become some kind of bureaucratic man and wont have much sympathy in grinding down former right wingers he did not know. Fuckers deserve what they get for losing, and if they were not stupid they would have sorted themselves out like he did.

But at the same time a normie right winger will cope in a commie country and learn to live. They just wont be as callous about it or as adaptable to it.
>>
>>78577898
So, self-preservation is the most key factor for them?
>>
>>78578580
Mostly yes.
There is even a saying in my country: "Let you die today - I'll die Tomorrow"
Though I personally don't value life at all - including my own. But I have weird religious beliefs.
>>
>>78579119
I see where you're getting at. Thanks for clearing everything up for me.
>>
>>78577898
Why’d you use right-wings?
>>
>>78572275
Good and Evil are completely subjected, especially with different cultures.
>>
>>78582766
>Good and Evil are completely subjected, especially with different cultures.
Back up your words please.
>>
>>78583796
Moral are subjective, anon. Every human culture has there rights and there wrongs. This is due to a number a factors, but to say morality is objective is just plain insane.
>>
>>78483590
most serial killers kill to "punish" people who deserve it under their own moral code, filfthy women or bullies. no empathy only judgment and the guilty must die.
>>
>>78483590
Ok OP because most of the people in this thread don't know what their talking about I'll give you a factual rundown.

Psychopath
>made by biology not environment
>usually caused by malformation in the amygdala
>limited capacity to experience strong if any emotions and sometimes none at all
>commonly charismatic but not always
>commonly in high priority rolls in society (surgeon, CEO, stock broker, lawyers, etc)
>thought process and moral compass functions largely around logic based decisions
>serial killers generally kill for a feeling of power
>sadistic tendencies and killing for sexual gratifications generally come from other anti-social personality disorders commonly associated with psychopathy
Sociopaths
>product of environment, usually early childhood trauma or abusive households
>has lesser range of emotions, usually lacks empathy but not sadness, anger, joy, or depression
>rarely charismatic and generally and attention seeker
>commonly diagnosed with narcissism and several other emotional disorders
>generally make poor decisions that are not thought out and made on impulse
>commonly found in lower to middle class society (low rank drug dealers, managers, influencers, car dealers(user car lot owners weirdly enough), and martial arts/yoga/fitness instructors)
If you're looking to make a sociopath then you're looking at someone self-serving with little to no regard for others or the consequences. If you're looking to make a psychopath, then you're looking to make a character that thinks through their decisions considering what the consequences are and what benefits them in the long run.
>>
I played a dwarf gunslinger sort of like this. He was a sociopath motivated by killing, but since he lived with dwarves as a dwarf, he still had the value that "dwarf things are good and right, what dwarves want is right"
He lived with a dwarf expedition, and therefore viewed his killing as justified protection of the expedition from bad evil people who want to stop dwarves. But it really was just to get his sick kicks. For instance, one of our missions, the guy who sent us out wanted us to collect native heads as proof we cleared them out, so my dwarf tied a bunch of the heads to his belt and skipped around with em.
This led to some hilarious discussions where an inquisitor with serious moral philosophy tried to bring him around only to be stonewalled with, "no, dwarves are good, I protect them, you don't know"
>>
>>78585571
Thanks for the analysis anon. Where did you get this information from? And can you give us the rundown on making character with things like OCD, ADHD, etc. please?
>>
>>78585571
Can you give me a rundown on their love ones?
>>
File: like this.jpg (61 KB, 465x396)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>78483590
Yes, it's possible.
>>
>>78581696
Reading about the Russian civil war. Also easy to use and understand by most people here due to pol.
>>78578580
>>78579119
Kinda. More like the preservation of their tiny little world and everyone else they know or like has degrees of inclusion in it. No problem killing a stranger to help an someone they know, and no problem killing someone they know for a friend, etc.
Convince a sociopath the part of society he likes is threatened and he will have no problem with comiting war crimes- little to no propaganda required. Might not even losse sleep over it. But that one is as a rule a hard sell since again beyond modern utilities and and some vagua cultural values that he will have regardless he does not get much out of it...
>>
>>78483590
Most of the "remorseless killer" sociopaths I've met adhere to a moral code of one type or another.
>>
>>78586952
What’s the most common one?
>>
>>78586874
What’s the joker on about?
>>
>>78588712
He’s crazy.
>>
>>78586856
They don’t care for them.
>>
>>78590251
He has a refined sense of humour.
>>
File: 1612236628321.png (358 KB, 540x524)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>78575158
>shotacon
You mean shounencon
>>
>>78592440
Is she insecure on the type of man she wants?
>>
>>78593224
Wanting men who are younger than you should be a shameful thing.
>>
>>78586952
>moral code of one type or another
Is it completely alien?
>>
>>78584152
This is just something they tell themselves, or others when they get caught. They just want to find a convenient target for their bloodlust.
>>
File: Noel with Blood.jpg (446 KB, 1536x2048)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>78564504
Shirogane Noel
>>
>>78557138
Someone kicks your friend in the balls, you wince and go "oooh".
>>
>>78598080
That’s more psychological
>>
>>78598682
It’s still the same, anon.
>>
>>78597340
>Shirogane Noel
Why her?
>>
>>78601292
Not that anon, but I’ve noticed she has that psycho look in her eyes, and in one of her recents streams, she raised one huge crimson flag. Hard to deny it.
>>
>>78483590
That’s sort of the assumed default for several systems, actually. A hero who does good because ‘it is Good, and doing Good is the right thing’ without any other motivation is going to end up at best a high functioning sociopath. They don’t act based on emotion or conviction beyond ‘this is what has been decided, societally, is the Right Choice’ and plow right through dilemmas of grey morality because they simply view every decision as one of Pragmatic Good, without regard for the effects on individuals.
>>
>>78602915
Anon, that's just shit gaming and not system things.
>>
>>78602822
>one of her recents streams
Which one was that?
>>
>>78604052
Same shit.
>>
>>78594112
No it shouldn’t.
>>
>>78596229
Yeah, it’s called self-justification.
>>
>>78604570
I think he's talking either this weeks or past week streams.
>>
>>78586926
Isn't self-preservation something everyone has?
>>
>>78483886
The duck are you trying to say, anon??
>>
>>78592354
The Joker ain’t funny.
>>
>>78601292
Kek, didn't in one of her recent streams she talked about her brother? It did raised a pretty big red flag.
>>
>>78508881
>thrill of regret
edgy AND retarded
>>
>>78514689
they aren't, it's just autists itt who think they're misanthropy makes them kin to actual psychos
>>
>>78530007
you're full of shit. Fishers for example are infamous for slaughtering whole chicken coops and eating none of their kills.
>>
>>78483590
Go play Shadowrun Hong Kong. That game has a character that you are pretty much describing.
More specifically, Racter.
>>
>dimwits itt who think empathy is the basis of morality and not self-disgust
none of you are moral actors, none of you are real human beings
>>
>>78519453
Other way around, really.
Sociopaths are raised, Psychopaths are born.
>>
>>78615620
Explain.
>>
>>78615618
Will do, hope you aren't leading me astray.
>>
>>78615571
How so?
>>
>>78615637
Can sociopaths be fixed?
>>
>>78620970
yes for many via therapy to help get over their trauma. Remember that ASPD is a personality disorder like any other and those who suffer from it are people just like us and are actually more likely to be victims of violence than aggressors
>>
>>78620970
They can't, as far as I know.
>>
>>78623739
Thanks.
>>
>>78625670
you're welcome. much love to my ASPD bros don't have it but I can get having something that automatically gets you stereotyped by people
>>
>>78625737
I see, thanks for Clara ring it up.
>>
>>78624010
I thought there was therapy for this kind of people?
>>
>>78628788
Yeah, when they’re children and not adults.
>>
File: check em.jpg (44 KB, 472x472)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>78628788
>>78630057
ASPD isn't diagnosed in children; only once one hits 18 do they consider a diagnosis of it, and there are therapies for adults with ASPD; you're not likely to hear about them because people diagnosed with it are reluctant to get hit with a diagnosis that'll have people label them as monsters. Also, nice dubs
>>
>>78630057
>>78624010
can be done to be functional.
>>
>>78630678
>>78630685
But do they work?
>>
>>78632324
No.
>>
>>78632324
yes they do, otherwise they wouldn't still be recommended to this very day
>>
Originally the character I was making for a DH game was gonna be a serial killer.
But their thing was only killing people who they perceived as "breaking the social contract" or to put it another way acting in a way that didn't fit with their stated role.

So say a merchant knowingly sells faulty goods but doesn't advertise them as such? He's getting murdered.
The ho don't pay her pimp what he's due? She's getting strangled in an alley.
The pimp beats his ho because it makes his dick hard? Also getting strangled in an alley.
Crooked cop? Butcher who dyes his meat? Taxi driver who takes the long route? All get thrown in the river.

You get the idea.
>>
Why is this thread still up?
>>
>>78636253
Because it ask an interesting question?
>>
>>78636253
Bumpfag bumps this thread for some reason.
>>
>>78636225
Yeah, I get what you're saying.
>>
>>78635028
You got a report on it? Last time I check, it was denounced since it allowed sociopaths to fake their emotions better.
>>
>>78637780
Those who already display, and this goes for psychopaths as well, use those treatments to further their acting skills or something.
>>
>>78483590
No, fuck off.
Stop pretending like you don't know the difference between right and wrong.
>>
>>78483679
polytheism that has a moral code of
>just be nice :^)
is so fucking gay. religions in dnd should require serious investment by the players, and give serious rp restrictions
>>
>>78639232
>>
>>78639285
What does this even mean?
>>
>>78639212
Then the treatment is ineffectual.
>>
>>78483590
Do you mean a hollywood pop culture sociopath or do you mean someone who actually has ASPD?

If the former, then look to pop culture. There's nothing wrong with ripping ideas, people have suggested some in the thread, Dexter comes to mind.

If the latter? Well as someone with ASPD, the closest actual diagnosis to sociopathy or anything like that, it's not all that different. It's a lot of different ways of thinking, at least as far as I understand compared to people without, but for the most part the end result is you acting more or less the same as anyone else with a sense of morality - if you're well adjusted enough to actually function in society of course, which most people with ASPD are, and a character would presumably have to be in order to interact and work with the party.
>>
>>78642481
Will do.
>>
>>78640743
I think she told you to take the meds.
>>
>>78530007
Wolves kill for fun, they slaughter more cattle than they need to eat and seem to revel in it. Many animals kill more prey than they need to survive but few seem to enjoy the feeling. Foxes, minks and other predators often kill excessively.
>>
>>78645443
The animal kingdom is a scary place.
>>
>>78647372
It's a scary place but it offers new perspectives into human nature. Like example above hints at how stupidity and laziness can be beneficial traits at times. When your species develops into obsessed killers who essentially waste energy for nothing and threaten to deplete their food base some hesitance can be helpful.
>>
>>78647566
Is sociopathy a problem in the animal kingdom.
>>
>>78645308
I don't need meds.
>>
>>78648958
Animals can be sociopaths. Pretty sure there have been a few examples recorded.
>>
>>78652477
Cats. Ever see them toy with a bird without killing it?
>>
>>78655546
was this bump really necessary?
>>
>>78655574
Yes.
>>
>>78655606
why?
>>
>>78655638
Why not? It was a question that needed answering.
>>
>>78655546
No, any youtube link or news link?
>>
>>78655546
Was thinking in more about bears and wolfs.
>>
>>78658174
Aren’t those species famed for protectiveness of their children? Not exactly very sociopathic traits.
>>
>>78658919
Yeah, but there have been some famous case. The Death of Timothy Treadwell is one that comes to mind. The bear that killed him, if I remember correctly, displayed atypical bear behavior and was much more aggressive than other bears of its kind.
>>
>>78594112
you're just mad cos you're 50 and no one has ever wanted you
>>
>>78659271
What?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.