[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: c16-decklists-featured.jpg (189 KB, 550x300)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
Everyone Be Cool edition 2

Previous: >>77700284

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the OFFICIAL format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>How do I proxy cards?
https://www.mpcautofill.com/guide

>TQ:
What's your favorite precon?
>>
So why aren't witches a supported creature type
Also
>TQ
I hope you and all your coworkers get raped
>>
>>77703165
>What's your favorite precon?
It would have been the ZNR Landfall deck if I actually received it instead of the Commander Legends one
I'd say the Saheeli precon then since I built both her and Brudichad
>>
>>77703165
>Makes a thread way early
>It's a literal fucking shill thread
Jesus fucking Christ Maro, can you not be such a monumental cocksucker?
>>
>>77703203
Wotc founders are actual wiccans irl and won't allow the depiction of official witches on their product. They are a literal cult. The anon talking about Foundation for Intentional Community nailed it.

Precons are garbage. You can proxy every single one ever printed for less than the cost of a single $20 precon.
>>
File: brrrrrrr.jpg (1.11 MB, 3316x1204)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Give me some spicy jank with the new legendaries!
>I will start
>>
>>77703272
>4 card combo
Is it even a combo at that point?
>>
>>77703272
You know, maybe shills aren't so bad. This is pretty neat, it's like they just want us to play the game.
>>
>>77703272
so boring it feels like this was the intended design when coming up with Koll.
I'd think less of someone if this was spicy jank they came up with. Feels as spicy as the thopter foundry combos.
>>
>>77703295
Yes
But it's in Boros so it won't happen
>>
File: say it shill'.jpg (40 KB, 750x423)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>77703303
>>77703272
>>77703242
>>77703165
Say nigger.
>>
>>77703262
>Wotc founders are actual wiccans irl and won't allow the depiction of official witches
Wait, aren't they jews? I'm not up to date on my conspiracy theories
>>
>>77703272
Guy at my LGS has a Koll deck that's actually pretty decent. Kinda makes me want to build one but I don't want to feel like I'm just copying him.
>>
>>77703261
Will you people ever stop whining about when the thread is made?
>>
>>77703295
It is a 2 card combo. 2 of the cards are functionally identical and 1 is always on hand by being the commander.
>>
>>77703354
>Kinda makes me want to build one but I don't want to feel like I'm just copying him.
But it would exactly be what you're doing
>>
File: see.jpg (555 KB, 1964x1204)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>77703295
There are so many creatures that can do the same as those 2 goblins you can basically build a deck around koll and the deathrender combo.
>>
>>77703363
Shut up shill
>>
>>77703363
As soon as shills stop fucking it up. We have been having the threads start too soon and the topics have been way too pro-wotc recently. It feels like a shill trying to wash the old thread away as fast as possible every time.
>>
>>77703374
Right, so that's why I'm sticking to tuning what was an angel tribal deck into something that can survive at the new power level of my LGS.
>>
>>77703262
Why do you care so much about witches? They care so much about representation, they'd want witch representation in their cards. The witch question is just wasting time.
>>
>>77703368
It's a 4 cards combo because you NEED your commander, the artifact and those two creatures (or similar) on the field to do it
>>
File: wacky face.png (24 KB, 658x270)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>TQ:
While recent precons are better value than before, I still believe that they are not good for commander as a community format.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>77703434
>they really hate it when you bring up their faggoty wiccan shit
Why are you so upset that people are talking about this? It is weird that there are 0 Witches in the game while there are cards called witches on their name.
>>
>>77703459
Warlock sounds cooler and witch is just a feminine version of wizard. It's to tie into the D&D set since warlock is a D&D class.
>>
>>77703443
combo card count is predicated on the scarcity of that card. There is no scarcity for the commander. It simply exists. You need to find the equipment and a single creature of which there are about 10 different copies in the game.
Its 2 cards you need to find and then cast your commander that is functionally always in your hand already.

>>77703476
Why isn't witch a supported creature type?
>>
>>77703375
If you switch the ember hauler with this you can make infinite mana + cast your entire deck.
>>
>>77703476
Tell us why witch isn't a creature type.
>>
>>77703501
You need two of those creatures anyway
>>
File: HH(H).gif (2.11 MB, 330x166)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>Witch isn't a supported type
I had to look it up for confirmation and it really isn't a supported type. 0 Witches in almost 30 years of the game.
What the fuck? That can't be an accident.
>>
>>77703510
Witch is gendered
>>
>>77703459
It isn’t terribly weird to me. The concept of what makes a “witch” varies pretty widely from setting to setting. Sometimes a witch is closer to a warlock, someone who makes pacts with demons and malign forces. Sometimes, it’s closer to a shamanic medicine man, someone who knows folk remedies and has a connection to natural spirits. Sometimes it’s just a self-taught wizard. It’s simply too broad a concept, while also being narrowly tied to gender unlike the other spellcasting class types.
>>
>>77703551
Men can be witches.
>Source: practicing wiccan
>>
>>77703551
So is warlock
https://youtu.be/v6f94viZ08w?t=105
>>
>>77703571
YWNBAM
>>
>>77703557
The fact they have cards named witch but they type isn't witch is the weird part. You could only end up doing that over and over again if someone was telling you to omit it.
There have been multiple creature erratas over the years specifically to go back and fix those kinds of things up. I find it hard to believe witch is someone missed each time and in the same way on new cards being printed.

I'm sensing something deeper at work here and the anon did say last thread that they hate when this gets brought up and some of the replies downplaying it feel suspect.
>>
>>77703546
It's not but it's nothing important
>>77703571
The majority of people barely knows about wiccans
>>
>>77703551
So is god.
>>
>>77703551
Witch is the default term. Warlock is the gendered term to signify the difference.
>>
>>77703586
I can't listen to your video but I'd guess they needed a word that wasn't "witch" for a "male witch"
>>
>>77703602
It seems pretty important since that is all the thread is about. It has eclipsed the TQ pretty solidly.
I think we need to get tot he bottom of this. It is definitely weird, there is meat on that bone for sure.
And tons of people know about wiccans. They are a pretty big joke over here on the east coast.
>>
>>77703636
Why not just witch then?
>>
>>77703602
Seems pretty important; the entire thread is still discussing it despite the shill's best attempts.
>>
>>77703636
And that term is Warlock. The term it has been for 700 years. Warlock was invented to describe a male witch in the 1300s in Scotland.
>>
Can we bully WOTC into using witches as using the male gendered term warlock is exclusionary and sexist, and possibly transphobic or something?
>>
>>77703681
I think we have a rogue shill on our hands. Someone has been outing the shill playbook play for play prior to it happening for the last week or so.
>>
>>77703598
They have cards named “Healer,” but Healer isn’t a class type, either. Same with Mage, Thief, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, and probably a bunch of other classes and archetypes that I don’t feel like wasting time pursuing.
I don’t find it particularly likely that WotC is run by a bunch of Paladin/Ranger multiclassers.
>>
What did the mailman brought you today?
>>
Alright guys enough's enough, knock it off and let's FOCUS on REAL discussion here not your conspiracy theories.

What's your favorite recent set? Can we talk about recent sets?
>>
>>77703719
An Atraxa infect deck from MPC
>>
>>77703710
I find it likely they are run by wiccans because
>the omitting really is puzzling when you think about it
>wiccan stuff is very prevalent in Washington state specifically
>>
>>77703725
>Nu-TQ
Last favorite set? The Dark.
>>
>>77703719
signed chinese tolarian academy for my cube.
>>
This is a company that doesn't mind splitting snakes, nagas, and serpents. There's a deeper reason they don't have witches.
>>
>>77703719
My chinamans finally came in after about a month of waiting.
>>
>>77703769
Shut up!
Nobody cares!
>>
>>77703746
Why is omitting “Witch” so much more puzzling than omitting “Paladin” or “Ranger,” especially since the latter two actually appear in their other game product?
>>
>>77703769
I'm pretty sure anon is square on the money with them being actual unironic legit wiccans. The responses against it seem so lazy and half baked while also seeming really unhappy that it is being discussed. There are posts trying to shut it down in both threads. That is weird.
>>
>>77703769
Snakes and serpents are different things, though. Serpent is used almost exclusively for sea serpents, which aren’t the same kind of creatures as snakes in any mythology.
Naga was a mistake, but I also recall them admitting it was a mistake.
>>
>>77703799
>but I also recall them admitting it was a mistake
While not doing any sort of errata to fix it
>>
>>77703809
I didn’t say they weren’t retarded about it. This is still WotC, after all.
>>
>>77703660
>>77703681
I'm saying that the answer won't be as important/interesting/mindblowing as some in this thread seem to think
>>77703666
>>77703683
As a nonAmerican, witch is the most well-known word (I have never seen the translation of warlock in my language outside of MtG cards) and we use the translation of wizard to refer to "male witch"
Actually, translated "witch" and "wizard" are the same word with different gender marks
>>
>>77703786
Witch has real world implications that overlap with the geolocation that the company was founded on. If wiccan culture wasn't huge in Seattle, or if Witch was like dino in being new, or if they didn't have 5 different names for types of witches but no actual witches, it wouldn't be a big deal.
As is there are a ton of factors that all together look like something is there. The responses in this thread lend credence to it. Anon said this discussion tries to get shut down when brought up and it is trying to be shut down in 2 different threads in unison.

There is something there.
>>
>>77703786
The reaction to the discussion is typical of "over the target" kvetching.

>>77703825
As a non-American your opinion means less than dirt.
>>
What's the next product you plan on picking up?
>>
Do you have a commander you're interested in building, /edhg/? If so, who is it? Mine is Alrund.
>>
I'm gonna be going down to my LGS to try and get some games in, guys, wish me luck! I'm using the Rogues precon from Zendikar.
>>
>>77703915
Alrund seems pretty cool, I'm personally going for Brigid, boast seems cool and having basically a goblin electromancer in the command zone seems fun for a sort of boastful storm deck.
>>
>>77703898
>>77703915
>>77703932
See, this is what real discussion looks like. Real players talking about real things, not stupid conspiracy theories.
>>
File: Orvar, the All-Form.jpg (143 KB, 672x936)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>77703915
Next on the list for me is picrel.

I have a Chandra Tribal and Phanex Mill planned as well.
>>
>>77703839
And they have a ton of different words for types of paladins, but no paladins as a class type. Why isn’t Paladin a type?
Because it isn’t something that gets universalized easily. Whenever “paladin” gets used to describe something, it’s associated with a similar type that can also fill other roles elsewhere.
Same thing with “witch”—on some planes, it’s closer to a wizard, a druid, a shaman, or a warlock, but those types have currency beyond simply being witches. Whereas witch would only occupy a relatively small amount of the space taken up by each of those types, giving it little utility outside of cases that they already cover perfectly well. It’s simultaneously too broad in that it intersects with every other spellcasting type and too narrow in that it wouldn’t have much of a niche on its own.
>>
>>77703915
Koll after this thread.
>>
>>77703786
Because Paladin is a type of soldier, Ranger is a type of scout. Both Soldier and Scout exist as types.
Warlock is a type of witch. Yet the base type of Witch doesn't exist as a type.

Do you see where your argument falls apart?
>>
Remember that The Professor the rules committee are your friends.
>>
>>77703859
I think that’s just because people are tired of how the threads have become a never-ending roller coaster of shilling, drama, and witch hunts over the past few days.
>>
>>77703915
I'm going to rework my Saheeli deck into NuJhoira
When it will be done, none of the decks I had one year ago would exist anymore
>>
>>77703995
Such low-quality posts have no place here. Witch isn't a needed creature type.
>>
>>77703995
>Warlock is a type of witch.
Not in the vast majority of fantasy game properties, it isn’t. Warlock is much more commonly seen as a basic class, with witch often being a progression option for wizard/mage and warlock class types.
>>
>>77703995
Paladin is a type of knight (knight+cleric) and Witch is a type of wizard (wizard+druid)
>>
>>77704001
There have been real problems with actual shilsl fucking this place up recently. Just yesterday a marketer showed a screenshot of his customly generated internal survey and freaked out.

>>77704014
It is needed.
>>
>>77704035
It is not. Take off the tinfoil hat
>>
>>77704025
Do you want me to get into real life wiccan stuff and how those people are in charge of those properties and wiccan are female centric so witch would logically be a progression upward from Warlock to them?

Are you that uneducated while making your arguments? Do you assume I am that uneducated?
>>
>>77704035
Why is it needed? How would the game improve, and why are those improvements impossible with the current spellcaster color paradigm of Cleric/Wizard/Warlock/Shaman/Druid?
>>
>not a single witch exists
There has to be some reason.
>>
>>77704070
Why is it not needed? It seems needlessly restrictive to not have it and the reasoning being it isn't needed while people are asking why it doesn't exist.
>>
>>77704070
Why does the game need snake/serpent/naga or insect/spider or golem/construct/scarecrow or zombie/skeleton/specter or nightmare/horror?
>>
>>77704111
>we
>>
>>77704078
>there has to be some reason
Read the thread and soak in this unbridled SHUT IT DOWN posting and use your noggin lad. The (((conspiracy theory))) is real and true.
>>
>>77704055
You’re going to assert that Blizzard is also run by wiccans now?
The considerations of what goes into a game aren’t built on accuracy to real-life etymology or religious practices, but what concepts players are most likely to be exposed to from similar products. Warlock has been gaining traction over the last two decades as the hot new “edgy” character option, while witch hasn’t been going anywhere in particular. The last pop culture witch most people think of is Elphaba.
>>
>>77704111
>we
>>
File: plc-72-imp-s-mischief.jpg (309 KB, 672x936)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
Why don't you run it?
>>
>>77704122
yeah the response seems... yikes worthy. I have no words for how blatant it comes across.

>>77704111
What a weird post. Are you compensated by wotc in any way for posts like this?
>>
>>77704111
>we
Uhh...guys?
>>
>>77704100
Lack of need for absence is not the same as need for presence, and pretending otherwise is highly disingenuous. Unless you also think we need butcher, baker, and candle-stick-maker as creature types.
>>
>>77704111
>pillars of the MTG community like...Autumn Burchett
lol eat shit shill YWNBAW
>>
>>77704144
Because FOMO niggers jacked the price up
>>
>>77704111
>getting to angry you let slip that you’re a wotc shill
>>
>>77704155
We do need those types. Why isn't witch a supported type when lhurgoyf and brushswagg are?
>>
>>77704111
lmao nice
>>
>>77704111
What do you gain from baiting like this? You had to sit down and decide to try to sound like a WotC employee doing a bad job of pretending not to be. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than stir up the autists?
>>
File: bait.png (5 KB, 359x209)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>77704111
This was the lowest-quality bait I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>77704155
We need Innkeeper badly, there's 3 cards called Innkeeper and none of them share a type
>>
>>77704144
Because black is the most boring color in the game and I’m not going to waste my leisure time by running a boring deck.
>>
File: Image (3).png (156 KB, 265x370)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>77704144
Because I run the superior card
>>
>>77704199
Based dubs
>>
>>77704111
Ok that does it
I was in the "there's no shills here" faction but I'm jumping board now
>>
>>77703452
Very funny smuggie, but I thought you said you make fun of both sides? When are you going to make a smuggie about these conspiracy peddling witch askers?
>>
>It got deleted
I assumed it was a joke but did they actually fuck up?
>>
>>77704241
When they are wrong lol.
>>
>>77704241
Asking why there's no witch type in a game that has witch character's isn't really cringe enough, you know.
>>
>>77704215
>giving them their spell back
Do bluelets really?
>>
>nosewater goes off the goop and blows his cover
lmao nice
>>
>>77704269
But they clearly are, there's no reason to get so worked up about no witches in the game.
>>
>>77704268
Either anon flying to close to the sun and got got or an actual shill.
>>
>>77704272
We don't need more "people doing magic" types
>>
>>77704268
Deleting it to make it look like a fuckup is the punch line specifically to get that reaction from you.
>>
>>77704215
>"n-no you can't target my Cyclonic Rift because it doesn't target! what do you mean it says 'may'?"
Narset's Reversal is great for weeding out who in your playgroup is a drooling idiot
>>
>>77704289
No one is worked up. Its just an observation. Anon did tell us they would go full shut it down mode when it gets brought up and you have fulfilled that role nicely.
>>
>>77704324
True. Anyone playing with blue is a drooling idiot. Anyone playing with someone who plays blue is a bigger idiot.
>>
Alright, let's get the shills out. I expect one reply from all 16 other posters. They can't say this, but you can.
"I am not a shill."
>>
>>77704289
The thread reads like everyone agreeing there is something devious there and a lone anon really upset that it is even being discussed. Both this thread and last thread felt like that.
>>
File: 1614081958247.png (116 KB, 656x1460)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
That's kinda kino, actually.
>>
File: 1607445557955.png (7 KB, 443x474)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>hurr blu bad xD
>>
>>77704367
I am not a shill. I like cunny and spit on women. I have defrauded every single LGS I have ever set foot in.
>>
>>77704367
I am not a shill
>>77704373
There's several people on the "witch isn't needed" side
>>
File: .jpg (107 KB, 540x960)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>77704401
>I am not a shill. I like cunny and spit on women. I have defrauded every single LGS I have ever set foot in.
>>
>>77704376
Blue is awful, yes.
>>
>>77704374
My guesses.

Lorehold: Should archaeology be used as a leg up against the competition or for the sake of understanding history?

Alternatively.
Lorehold: Is it more important to to destroy past for the sake of current advancements? Or to preserve it for posterity?

Prismari: Is art more about knowledge or passion?

Silverquil: Are you better off boosting up your friends and giving moral support or shitting on your enemies and bringing them down? To put it in other words, is propaganda meant to rile your side up or to divide and confuse the other side?

Witherbloom: Well, this one is obvious. It's in the name.
>>
>>77704376
This but in terms of power. Blue has always been really weak.
>>
>>77704374
Did the first poster forgot about Ravnica?
>>
>>77704425
You don't like cunny?
>>
What the fuck happened to /edh/ lately?
Is WOTC fucking up the game this badly?
QRD?
>>
>>77704454
>>77704374
This set is going to be an unmitigated disaster that will make Ikoria look like nothing.
>>
>>77704492
Ikoria was based, so that sounds good.
>>
More fuel on the fire - we just had Throne of Eldraine in which they added Noble and Peasant as creature types and erratad a bunch of cards to them but once again omitted to do the same for witches
>>
>>77704472
Actual legitimate shills accidentally overplayed their hand and got called out. From the looks of it there are only 3 non shill posters.
>>
File: mir-152-withering-boon.jpg (229 KB, 672x936)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>77704144
But I do, I even run this as well.
>>
>>77704499
This. It was an awesome set for behemoths and big monsters, I loved the 11/11 that gave things trampling when you cycled it, especially it's godzilla version.
>>
>>77704472
WotC shills are all over the community right now, trying to memory blank Kaldheim and push us forward through Time Spiral Remastered right into Strixhaven. It's clear they want us to collectively move onto something, most likely once Strixhaven is here we'll be pushed to the next set just as fast.

It's not just here - WotC employees are all over pretty much any place MTG is being discussed right now. They don't want you to talk about whats' out, they want to move forward. They probably see the writing on the wall and know the game is coming to an end, so they want you to be hyped as much as possible.
>>
>>77704500
And we have Serf as a token type. And townsfolk.
Witch being left out makes no sense.
Unless...
>>
>>77704472
Unironic shills got caught shilling with irrefutable proof a good 3 times this week alone. We've been talking nothing but shit and they are cracking.
So threads hit bump limit in 30 minutes as anons laugh and make fun of them.
Our threads might be 60%+ shills and only a small handful of actual anons. Which is profoundly sad.
>>
>>77704500
We're still waiting on the list for the Phyrexian errata
>>
>>77704324
Narset's Reversal doesn't work on Cyclonic rift though?
>>
>>77704579
Thanks for confirming your status as drooling retard.
>>
>>77704544
Kaldheim had low sales due to blacks and Strixhaven is going to be a disaster. The shills are having a hard time but they are contracted to do this so its becoming a nightmare for them.
I'm loving it. They are so bad at this and soooooooo dumb.
>>
>>77704611
>Kaldheim had low sales due to blacks
lol
>>
>>77704610
Doesn't work on an Overloaded Cyclonic Rift based retard.
>>
>>77704619
We all know it is true regardless of wotc shill cope.
>>
>>77704627
Is an overloaded Cyclonic Rift somehow NOT an instant or sorcery?
>>
>>77704579
>>77704627
>Narset’s Reversal can copy any instant or sorcery spell, not just one with targets.

>The controller of a copy can’t choose to pay any alternative or additional costs for the copy. However, effects based on any alternative or additional costs that were paid for the original spell are copied as though those same costs were paid for the copy.
>>
>>77704611
No it had bad sales because literally the only value in the set is from banned cards and one showcase version of a mythic that's not even connected to the world.
>>
>>77704650
>reversal their Cyclonic Rift
>they use it next turn anyways
>>
File: kenrith-eld.jpg (523 KB, 850x622)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>77704643
Why did Eldraine sell like hot cakes despite the autistic spaz out you (Yes, you, in particular) threw, then? You sure you're not the one coping?
>>
>>77704544
>WotC shills are all over the community right now, trying to memory blank Kaldheim
Why? What was wrong with it? (I haven't bought sealed MTG product in years).
>>
>>77704627
But it does
>>
>>77704660
Buddy if your Cyclonic Rift is used against you, there's a decent chance you aren't getting another turn.
>>
>>77704579
You return theirs to hand, you make a copy of it bounces every nonland you do not control assuming it was overloaded.
>>
>>77704663
People bought eldraine because it was one of the most high powered sets in magic history and basically all the cards were instant tournament staples.
>>
>>77704655
It was sold before the cards were banned, Anon
>>
>>77704680
It's the worst-selling and lowest-value set since Gatecrash, and if it weren't for Vorinclex it wouldn't even break $50 EV/Box. The set is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>77704702
No shit. And Kaldheim is weak as hell. It's almost like powerlevel moves boxes.
>>
>>77704663
It didn't. It also sold poorly due to it. Wotc will never tell the truth though.
t. guy at the distributor level that saw Dragon's Maze tier decline in sales post week 1.
>>
>>77704708
So why is MTG supposedly coming to an end? Poor sales? The Walking Dead stuff tarnishing their integrity or something like Burger King putting Cheeto dust on their fries? Racist remarks by the owners of WOTC? All of the above?
>>
>>77704715
>It didn't. It also sold poorly due to it. Wotc will never tell the truth though.
>t. guy at the distributor level that saw Dragon's Maze tier decline in sales post week 1.
lol, nice. The "THE THEATERS WERE EMPTY" cope applied to MTG. If that's the case, why didn't they lie about Kaldheim as well? /pol/tards are hilarious.
>>
>>77704733
Why do you need to make up things for others to have said when discussion starts moving where you dislike?
>>
>>77704742
No idea what you're talking about, why do you make up false personas for the anons your posting with instead of taking their questions at face value?
Like, what exactly is tanking this company right now?
>>
>>77704740
They did lie about Kaldheim. It isn't selling well but they will say it did.
Why are you getting this upset? You have no vested interest in wotc succeeding or failing.
>>
>>77704763
I have a vested interest in shitting on /pol/tards bringing their "muh SJW" garbage anywhere near my sight when it's untrue.
>>
>>77704663
Pre Covid, actually a decent draft set so there were a lot more sales in that regard. It was also loaded to the brim with busted shit. As long as people aren't drafting in person, standard sets will sell like shit.
>>
>>77704367
2 responses to this with the knowledge that they can't actually lie is...well it isn't positive.
>>
It kinda sucks that Kaldheim got so fucked. I like weaker sets, and there were some cool cards in the new set like Egon, or Valki, or the first Praetor that actually contributes to an Atraxa Phyrexian flavor deck, but I agree, it really did drop the ball in a lot of ways.
>>
>>77704367
I am not a shill, nigga
>>
>>77704772
Polish people aren't retarded, regardless of what some of the europeans might claim. What do you have against them?

>>77704778
It is a "typical numagic set" full of shitty cards and one or two that are banned already or will be banned soon.
>>
>>77704772
Can you retype this in english for me?
None of this post is parsable.

>>77704778
I like how DFC keep breaking the game and they keep printing more powerful ones as they actively break a format.
>>
>>77704773
Strixhaven will sell thanks to the Mystical Archive cards
Its EV will be low because of collector boosters, like every set since their introduction
>>
>>77704847
DFC?
>>
>>77704877
Delicious Flat Chests
>>
>>77704904
Now I KNOW that's not what it means
>>
>>77704877
double faced cards. They end up spawning some new degeneracy every time.
>>
>>77704920
Gotcha gotcha, yeah, I don't get why we can't just have two different cards.
>>
>>77704733
I don't think MTG is coming to an end, but it's definitely going downhill fast:
>Recent MTG sets have been some of the worst in the game's history, and each new release causes ban after ban to rock nearly every format.
>WotC overplayed their hand in regards to Commander, the 'year of commander' was one of the most disastrous for the format, including the introduction of some of the worst fuckups in the game's history.
>The clear tone shift from caring about making a good game to caring about profits has had a provable impact on the quality, and the continued demand for MTG to be an 'e-sport' is dragging the game down
>The Reserved List has made old cards prohibitively expensive. Not just tournament cards, but jank that otherwise would cost a quarter
>SJW politics infecting the company ensured that, instead of dedicating resources to proper game design and balance, WotC banned 7 cards for no mechanical reason whatsoever and kicked out Terese Nielsen for not being liberal enough
>Lack of quality control results not only in the shittiest foils ever, but even in non-foils having questionable qualities. Hell, Jumpstart was nothing BUT a giant mistake in terms of card quality
>Oh and the story sucks, too.
>>
>>77704945
They complained it was too hard to fill a full block with so many cards. So they got rid of blocks and invented even more ways to make a single card be 2 or more cards.
Its like some sort of kafkaesque parody.
>>
It’s a weird response but I’m surprised any response was given at all.
>>
How do we make our own flavor focused, competently run TCG? I'd been thinking about doing one about super villains of all types and philosophies
>>
>>77704979
>Living Religion
This fucker knows what a DRUID is, right?
>>
>>77704979
IE his religion or his employers religion. God is a creature type. So is Demon. There are living religions right now that use the term "God" and "Demon" and "Devil."

But Witch is the line they won't cross, got it.
>>
>>77704979
What about clerics?
>>
>>77704979
Tell him there are living religions that use the word God, angel, and demon too.
>>
>>77705045
Wait don't, I don't want them to errata angels. They'd probably call them strong women or something.
>>
>>77704979
>he's confirming the conspiracy theory
Oh no
>>
>>77704979
This is the biggest proof we have that the conspiracy is true. That response is so canned and not logically consistent with other things.
>>
SHUT UP ABOUT WITCHES AND TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING GAME GODDAMMIT!
>>
>>77704995
Go make a thread for it. This is the /edhg/ thread.
>>
>>77705067
>This is the biggest proof we have that the conspiracy is true
Damn, that's a pretty poor conspiracy, then. Whatever the fuck you're even talking about
>>
So, powerful white spells next set. right...?
>>
>>77705045
He seems determined to give sanitized responses, but I’m not gonna bother pressing him too hard: Maro has never been transparent with the players.
>>
>>77705096
Magic is a game. There are no witches in the game of magic. Why aren't there any witches in the game of magic?
If it is to protect a (((living religion))) why are all other references from non-Wiccan religions allowed?

>>77705101
The conspiracy theory was there was a reason they don't include witches as a type. The reason was they were practicing wiccans themselves. Maro all but confirmed it for us in real time.
>>
>>77705120
Wait loreseeker is that you? I always knew you posted here you card.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (6 KB, 140x140)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>77705115
of course, anon
>>
>>77704979
Gradually I began to hate them.
How fucking stupid do they think we are?
>>
>>77705115
Technically Ari's window he said to look for them starting was Kaldheim. Were there powerful white cards in Kaldheim?

>>77705120
So if that tim was so different why aren't there witch cards from that time?
>>
Hey guys this thread is getting a little off topic. Instead, let's discuss which WotC product you intend to purchase next!
>>
This Wiccan schizo shit is what happens when you let /pol/tards constantly post in your threads lol, enjoy, EDHtards
>>
>>77705140
/Edhg/ is one of the comfiest mtg communities, I try to avoid calling attention to myself here though.
>>
>>77705172
Can't you fucking tell that it's not working? Get a new angle, shill
>>
>>77705161
>Were there powerful white cards in Kaldheim?
Doomskar is unironically the best mono-W card in the set
>>
>>77705172
What is your problem with polish people?! You know racism outside of /b/ is bannable right?
>>
>>77705196
Hahaha, good one!
>>
>>77705188
That makes sense.
Tho I loved that recent Avacyn vid, you make the best mtg content on youtube.
>>
>>77705192
Yikes. And with Strixhaven being multicolor the odds of the power being there is slim.
>>
>>77705218
The cards we've seen so far that include white are the worst of the 5
>>
>>77705216
I’ll take the compliment, thanks.
>>
>>77705188
>why would anyone care about 4chan its a nobody website
You existing as you do undoes shill arguments. You are alright in my book.
>>
>>77703501
You're fucking retarded you stupid nigger.

>combo card count is predicated on the scarcity of that card. There is no scarcity for the commander.

This is fucking wrong, first of all. Commanders count as cards in a combo. If I start with all the pieces of a combo in my opening hand, that doesn't magically make it a 0 card combo for that game. You're just making shit up.

>You need to find the equipment and a single creature of which there are about 10 different copies in the game.

Wrong, you need TWO creatures. BOTH of them. Either the Mog or the Monkey and another creature that has an ability that lets it sac itself for no mana. If you only have one of the creatures, the combo doesn't work. You can replace one of the creatures with an ability that sacs itself for free with a generic creature card if you also have a free sac outlet, but then that pushes the combo to a 5 card combo.
>>
>>77705227
Did ari ever actually qualify what he meant by " "powerful" "white" "cards" "

>>77705218
Hold out hope for Innistrad. You know, Innistrad, the plane commonly associated with powerful white cards.
>>
>>77705264
>Did ari ever actually qualify what he meant by " "powerful" "white" "cards" "
Not directly, but he implied that players don't need to understand the color pie and that actually good white cards are unfun and they'll be moving away from that while also not expanding on what white can do.
>>
>>77705251
Why isn't witch a supported creature type?
>>
File: 1597184826747.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1440)
581 KB
581 KB JPG
>>77705216
What Avacyn video?
>>
>>77704499
Ikoria was shit. The fluff was nonexistant, the theming was crap, the 'le shark maymays' were boring, you don't get a pat on the ass for managing not to break standard again just because you put out an uninteresting fucking set.
>>
>>77705281
>players don't need to understand the color pie
You shitting me? Isn't that like the most important thing to learn if you want to really enjoy this game?
>>
>>77705284
Oh loreseeker just made an Avacyn lore vid awhile back that I think did a pretty good job explaining her and her history. Also just noticed he used the Anowon cheese edit I made for a thumbnail, which is awesome.
>>
>>77705281
no way he actually said that. If he did there is no way it would make it to the consumer to see.
>>
>>77703551
so is God and they don't seem to give a shit for foreign languages (Guerrero, Triton, etc.)
>>
>>77705293
If you told me Ikoria was just an island from Ixalan I'd believe you.
If you told me Ixalan was just an island chain off the coast of Shiv I'd believe you.
These new planes have no fucking soul.
>>
As a new player, are there any places where people can play webcam commander with random people? I'd love to be able to jump into games and learn a bit more, but my friends that play are only available once every two weeks or so.

I'm omega noob so I just picked up a couple of the prebuilt commander decks that wizards made.
>>
>>77705333
By 'recently' you meant '3 months ago', but I found it after some searching. I'm like 4 minutes into the video and this guy sounds like he's ready to fuck me.
>>
>>77705400
They've dropped the ball so hard everything feels "on brand" now.
Goblins from Tarkir had an unique look. Then they did it again for Ixalan. Examples of that kind of thing are all over this sorry sack of a game now. Things meant to make a plane feel unique just becomes a thing they can pull from.
>>
File: .png (403 KB, 960x821)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>77705308
>>77705334
>>
what do you people actually want from this game
>>
File: Burn-at-the-Stake[1].jpg (43 KB, 417x300)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>77705283
Because we burned all those ugly cunts at the stake 400 years ago. Suffer not a witch to live.
>>
Things get deeper. This card has since been errata'd to be a human WIZARD.
>>
>>77705519
A fair, fun experience.
>>
>>77704149
what did it say?
>>
>>77705519
Witches as a creature type
>>
>>77705519
I want witches being supported.
>>
>>77705519
I'm thinking...witches being made a creature type.
>>
>>77705525
Thats the thing. They've gone back and retyped cards with errata. When they get to witch they never apply witch to it.
There is some deep shit going on. Weaponized autism is a hell of a drug.

>>77705495
What the ever living fuck. This is like a math teacher saying children shouldn't understand numbers.
>>
>>77705525
Why are the Foglio's art always so sexy?
>>
>>77705519
to generate value.
>>
>>77703772
based and yellowpilled
fuck wotc fuck trannies and fuck jannies
>>
>>77704499
it was ugly as sin, forgettable and mutate is so fucking bad it dethroned Banding as what reddit memeletards point to for "lol rules hard lel xD"
>>
>>77705519

Stop printing new "for commander" cards. It was so much more enjoyable looking through a standard set and trying to find cards that would be good for commander instead of being spoonfed power creep.

I just want WotC to fuckoff and ruin something else
>>
>>77705655
Don't get me wrong, I'd go over to siam or whatever the fuck those zipperheads are calling it now and kill them all personally.
They offer a nice product at competitive prices is all.
>>
>>77705519
Don't you fuckers see? This is the shill asking what we alt righter 4chan types want so they can do the opposite.
>>
>>77705679
Ikoria was also intentionally designed to be a nightmare on paper but easy peasy lemon squeezy online and that is a bad thing to want.

>>77705714
>not realizing the witch responses are the other shills helping the shill so he can safely never include witches as they always do the opposite.
All we can do is call them faggots anon. Its all we can do.
>>
File: 2 and 1 half scores.jpg (76 KB, 475x562)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>77705705
wew fucking lad
>>
>>77705140
he couldn't not be from here being so based
>>
>>77703786
Paladins are considered Knights in MTG. There area couple dozen cards with the word paladin in them, all of them are knights.
>>
do yall really think WOTC cares about anything you all think here?
>>
>>77705251
no. you only need one. once you sac the creature you let the koll trigger resolve first so the thing is back in hand for the deathrender trigger
>>
>>77705481
yes, google them
>>
>>77705915
All I found was old clubs from before covid. Wasn't sure if there were any recommended communities.
>>
>>77705519
I want the art to look like it did in the 90's and not powercreep the living anus out of everything, the only cards that explicitly refer to a commander I enjoy are Command Tower and now Path of Ancestry cause they're fixing (aka: useful but not game-warping) and cheap. Consider this my WotC survey for the quarter, shill
>>
>>77705958
Chatroulette and ask them if they play mtg.
>>
>>77706007
Good shit, thanks
>>
>>77705958
look up the discord communities, there's a big one but I don't wanna shill for something I haven't tried
>>
>>77706020
Fair enough, I'll look around on the public discords.
>>
>>77705857
I don’t think it’s actually him: if it IS loreseeker, he’ll post a meme that would tag him as /edhg/ immediately
>>
File: CHEESE.jpg (435 KB, 1080x1046)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>77706201
His second most recent video is literally the Anowon cheese shitpost that gets posted here all the time. Can't get better proof than that, really.
>>
>>77703915
New Purphoros. I have most of want i want set aside, like sneak attack, sundial, fireflux squad,ETB dragons,
etc but still need to actually build it
>>
>>77706226
Why is modern mtg like this?
>>
who should I play if Blood Artist is my favorite card
>>
>>77704144
I do, Kambal loves it
>>
>>77705481
playEDH is functional, at the very least.
>>
>>77706282
Sheoldred, because it's 3 pings minimum per round of turns, or Ayara because you ping when they enter, ping when they leave
>>
Are you all done yet?
>>
Take this one back to your bosses, shills. One thing that fucks me right off is the Japan exclusive art. You want to give them exclusive art, go for it. But don't give them killer Demonic Tutor special edition art and then give us the unmitigated ass that is the English one. Give us the good art. In fucking English.
>>
File: chainer.jpg (231 KB, 672x936)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>77706282
Chainer
>>
>>77706374
I'm eating a can of corn to recoup my energy for round 2.
>>
>>77705495
It’s funny how the twitter losers accused toxic players for driving Ari off of twitter when it was major folks like saffron who were mocking him yet no one blamed his response or others to Ari asinine comments

Hell, it practically started because a trans chick made a thread about how and why people are upset with the state of white and how the players perception is the reality regardless of wotc’s own perspective and statements
>>
>>77706374
My hatred of WotC will never subside.
>>
Ayara or Konrad for mono B?
>>
>>77706441
Based off that single screenshot itself I can safely say if Ari was run off social media he did it to himself.
That last part about not needing to understand the color pie is the kind of thing you'd get fired for in a normal world.
>>
File: aku djinn.jpg (233 KB, 672x936)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>77706476
Please pick a commander with better flavor, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>77706476
Ayara is a 3 drop so you can fire it earlier, though Konrad enables more shit and works on your opponents stuff hitting the bin too. Personally I'd pick Ayara, but that's largely because commander tax won't fuck me completely if she dies before I execute a combo. You'll be running the other one in the 99 anyway. Your best bet is test both and see which one makes you happiest.
>>
>>77706507
Damn old lore must have been wild. Knowing what Kaervak and Mangara looked like I really can't picture Mangara saying that flavor text, even as his old man self.
>>
>>77706553
You typed all that out without even once mentioning flavor. What are you even doing here? Do Ayara or Konrad even have lore?
>>
>>77703571
>practicing wiccan
Faggot. The absolute best that a modern "wiccan" can be is a bored lonely housewife on the hippie bandwagon. But typically you're a bunch of nutcases who cant accept reality without breaking down from realizing how fucking retarded you have behaved around people.
>>
>>77706476
They both feel like similar versions of an effect. Ayara has that sweet sweet triple pip cost, Konrad is borderline broken for his cost.
They both seem immensely boring.
>>
>>77703165
>TQ
Nice attempt at derailing maro.
They are all shit and i proxy.
Also people who think mumbling over candles is anything but theatre are cock chopping, rope dangling, retards.
>>
>>77706608
Maybe wotc HQ will pull a Jonestown on us one day.
>>
>>77706608
>>77706664
>>77706680
based hours late antagonizers
>>
>>77706720
Just got off work.
>>
>>77706582
Ayara gets a small bit of dialogue in the novel, she's a side character at absolute best. Konrad is a complete fucking nobody. If flavour gets the deciding vote, pick Ayara of the two.
>>
Have you guys actually tried building a monowhite deck knowing it is going to be weak? I'm tempted and I'm going to build it with only cards I already own.
I tried it about a month ago and settled on Teshar and we all know he isn't really monowhite so I'm going to try again.
>>
>>77706790
Isn't her lore "she sends paramores out to quest for the grail" and that is it?
That plane had a lot of potential and all the biggest story developments were regarding Garruk.
>>
>>77706771
It is never too late in the day to shit on wizards of the coast.
>>
>>77706582
Ayara is sorta-kinda important since she almost accidentally killed the king, but otherwise is just a side character. Konrad's title implies he's the most recent of her super-doomed lovers.
>>
>>77706791
Built a few and never really liked it but I don't own stuff like Weathered Wayfarer. I don't want to be that guy but only the 5cmc Avacyn was fun for me and it was a joke deck built around protection. It was just a reason to run all 5 COP that I had.
White is fine in any meta outside cedh and that doesn't really exist so I don't get the white sucks memes. Yeah it is weak but if you are a good player you can win with anything.
>>
>>77706477
Absolutely but that’s not what mtg twitter cares about. Just like how it cracked down on anyone who dared to attack the RC during the secret lair Dead fiasco, they’d rather attack the nobodies and frame it as a community problem, not an establishment problem
>>
>3pm on west coast
>all serious work hour stuff is ending
>posts per minute plummet
>>
>>77707059
And to think I just got home on montreal hours. (6pm)
>>
>>77707058
In my experience companies will instigate the problem actively so they can label their opposition. Sad.
>>
>>77707058
I'd wager that social media has harmed wotc pretty severely. Are there any employees that aren't treated worse off due to their social media antics?
I'd tell them they couldn't have social media if they worked for me.
>>
File: EiNwISmUYAIzehV.jpg (386 KB, 1448x2048)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
Anybody got a commander for this vibe?
>>
What did the mailman bring YOU /edh/
>>
>>77707284
I'm sure there are a few legends that committed suicide in the lore.
>>
>>77707291
My chinamans came in after a looooong wait. It was worth it.
>>
>>77704979
Imagine using this justification when cleric is a major creature type.
>>
>>77707426
Of when God is a creature type. Or when you just released a set based off of the real world living religion that is paganism.
>>
>>77707426
Kaldheim is based completely on a living religion. They even made their own expy versions of the gods the pagans worship.
Can't disrespect witches but dude check out this funny squirrel that is a direct reference to your faith structure!
>>
>>77706791
No because most people have enough sense to stick to the colors they like instead of finding reasons to bitch.
>>
>>77705519
more specifically made "for commander" cards, like enchantments that can be your commander, or cards with an additional effect if your commander left the battlefield this turn.
>>
>>77703272
>>77703375
>>77703502
Shuko also goes infinite easily, as do most 1cmc equips with a mana altar
>>
>>77705519
More weird-ass red enchantments. Kaldheim didn’t have any and I feel let down.
>>
>>77705519
more black people and obese menwomen on cards
>>
New
>>>/tg/
>>>/tg/
>>>/tg/
>>
>>77707746
Based retard
>>
try again, NEW
>>77707738
>>77707738
>>77707738
>>
>>77707339
why does that image make you think about suicide?
>>
>>77707774
Why are you making a new thread when there's already another thread with 40 messages here >>77704944
>>
>>77707797
wtf, I searched the catalog for edh and this was the only thread
>>
>>77707810
You obviously didn't
>>
>>77703961
m8 its less of a conpiracy theory. Its just "there's witches whih were eratad to wizard-type. THats odd"
>>
>>77704001
*warlock hunts
>>
>>77704055
I'm all for supporting transgendered people, but the joke presented here is just too good.

>Start as a warlock
>reach level 7
>have surgery when you level up
Become level 7 witch
>>
>>77704125
There's a decent number of wiccans and other non-standard religions in game design

Like how there's gays in acting and italians in culinary
>>
>>77704367
why can't they lie exactly?

Cops are allowed to lie. I'm allowed to lie to customers.
>>
>>77704401
>pedophile and thief

I don't like wotc, but I don't like you
>>
>>77703262
Are you an actual retard? Why are you being allowed to use a computer? Where is your catetaker and why are they not supervising you?
>>
>>77704660
What, they use it to only bounce your stuff?
remember, the board was already whiped

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.