[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5ed-65-truce.jpg (220 KB, 672x936)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Everyone Be Cool edition

Previous: >>77695252

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the OFFICIAL format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>How do I proxy cards?
https://www.mpcautofill.com/guide

>TQ:
What was the worst commander game you ever played in your life?
>>
>>77700284
Some dude got the fucking god hand with memnarch and started stealing shit by t3. Meanwhile I kept a risky 1 lander with a plains, enlightened tutor and a scroll rack hoping I could tutor up land tax and get going.
>>
>>77700284
So i was doing jhoira suspend version, had an okay opening hand.
My friend ramps to turn 4 scion of ur dragon that copies ur dragon and tainted strike.
This is all fair, but that was all the others had, now i just had to sit and wait for a millenia.
>>
File: 7ed-154-persecute.jpg (248 KB, 672x936)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>TQ
Friend brought an outsider and we all play casually. The outsider did not play casually and couldn't read the room so the entire night was sullen and dour as he was resolving mass removal against elk tribal tier decks. It is only the worst experience ever because we knew it would turn out that way before the guy was even at the house.
We built more competitive decks for him and its been more fun. He has become a regular in our group and has learned social queues.

OP is a good guy.
>>
Akroma’s will is such a good, flexible card. White has been consistently getting good new stuff. People are just blind to anything that isn’t explicit card draw.
>>
>What was the worst commander game you ever played in your life?

Had a friend in an old playgroup that did nothing but optimize decks during his freetime. I think he kinda skipped classes and whatever and just sat home to build and rebuild his decks. Anytime he played Ghave was a real miserable time, as the rest of the group had pretty mediocre decks at best, so we'd just sit there watching him play solitaire for a bit until he decided to win. Stopped playing for a couple of years after that and I don't think I've seen or heard from the guy in over 5 years since then
>>
>>77700489
White still has a looooooong way to go to reach the numagic bare minimum. The powerful white cards should be in Strixhaven. If not, there are no more excuses the timeframe they gave us is up.
>>
File: 9BhWFRMNXU.png (253 KB, 265x370)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
Why yes, I do jerk off to my cards. Why do you ask?
>>
Anyone else just... happy with these new 20 dollar decks and just gonna focus on buying them and building them up?
>>
>>77700489
It's currently one of the best cards in Darien for me.
>>
I played in an LGS group one time where everyone was from YGO originally. They would lose their shit if you responded to something with a creature ability. It is hard to have a good time when people are giving you looks like you are openly cheating against them and they don't understand its them that doesn't know the rules.
>>
>>77700568
they are pretty neat but i wouldnt get all of them. some are obviously better than others. still they make great gifts and as far as giving people ready made decks to start playing id give them a 7/10. the lack of a decent mana base, even if ultra budget, still holds them back
>>
File: Spoiler Image (894 KB, 1356x2084)
894 KB
894 KB JPG
>>77700558
Fairies are hot
>>
>>77700558
Based. I love my Tiktok zoomer waifu.
>>
>>77700284
I don't know about the worst in my life, but very recently I sat down with friends for a couple games. Sidisi player turn one puts Hermit Druid into play, no one has the answer, we die on his turn two. Sure, he got probably got lucky. We go to the next game and the same guy Food Chain combos us on turn three.
It's gotten to the point where I think I'll only shuffle up against him if he's playing his deliberately weak deck, Not!Azami Naban wizards.
>>
>>77700568
They feel like jank at 20 bennies. The manabases are shit and there aren't enough good reprints anymore. Its 20 dollars for Sol/Arcane and 3 of those themed boosters now.
>>
>>77700731
At 20 bucks, they are much better than the 40 bucks ones
>>
>>77700747
I'd prefer to get something better than guildgates and draft chaff but you do you marketerkun. The manabases being gutted is the biggest mark against it.
>>
>>77700783
not that the mana bases before were much better
>>
>>77700747
When they were 40 dollars you got more than new set commons that no one wants and the lands were actually worthwhile. Them being mostly in set mechanics is also really shit.
>>
>>77700568
I'd like them if they unpaired them with standard sets. That is what is killing them sales wise. They are half the price as the old stuff but I always see the shelf full everywhere I go, that wasn't the case with the older pre-cons.
>>
>>77700823
It was something besides all taplands. They also weren't full of shitty numagic mechanics that will never get expanded upon.
>>
>>77700783
I'm loath to sound like I'm defending wotc. But it's not like the manabases in the C19 and C20 decks were much better
>>
So the Strixhaven colleges are said to be built around the conflicts of the enemy colors.

Let's take a look

>RW-Order vs Chaos
I see this as a line between rigid "It belongs in a museum" type white archeology and a red passion archeology that sees it as a living culture to be a part of

>UR- Head vs Heart
This is straightforward the raw passionate creative side of art or the technical formulaic style (think Migos vs Lupe Fiasco or Michael Bay vs Christooher Nolan)

>UG Nature vs Nurture
The idea of recognizing math as a natural and immutable law of the universe to be studied ("pure" mathematics) in G vs the use of math as a technology to exploit nature for benefit (U)

>BG Communal Understanding vs Individual Exploitation
So a split between the more hippie eco biologists who are all about respecting nature vs mad science experiment size biologists who are exploiting natural resources ala Monsanto

>WB Moral vs Amoral

I guess this is just a split between people who write to boost up and others who write to push down?
>>
>>77700884
>elf tribal
>blink
>ramp
>equipment
>landfall
>rogue tribal
None of those are shitty numagic mechanics
>>
>>77700898
Harry Potter.
>>
>>77700850
When you think of the fact that they’re replacing Planeswalker decks, I think they’re selling a hell of a lot better than those did.
>>
>>77700545
The edh rule set inherently advantages simic and colors cosplaying as simic.

Unless that is changed you will see the same issues crop up and it seems WOTC thinks the solution is to simic up every other color instead of recognizing EDH as a warped fanfic format that shouldn't be designing around.
>>
>>77700954
I think you mean Parry Hotter
>>
>>77700949
>foretell isn't a shitty numagic mechanic
>>
>>77700898
>I see this as a line between rigid "It belongs in a museum" type white archeology and a red passion archeology that sees it as a living culture to be a part of
This would be cool but according to wizards it's "it belongs in a museum" vs "LOL I'M LE TREASURE HUNTER."
Wanting to ingrain yourself into a culture would be awesome though, using white magic to resummon the cultures of the past and red mana to engage in their rituals and festivals. Would be like the "look don't touch" mentality of outside observation vs the participant observation method in anthropology
>>
>>77700960
If they didn't kill every format, they wouldn't have to design for EDH
>>
>>77700982
It is but Blink isn't and the WU Kaldheim deck is both blink and foretell
>>
>>77700949
They all have a ton of cards with in set mechanics like Boast that will never get expanded upon. If I have no interest in g/b elves from kaldheim why would I buy the g/b elves deck featuring mostly kaldheim elves?
This affects the sales in a negative fashion pretty severely.
>>
>>77701024
>can never expand the foretell portion of the deck because foretell will never show up again or show up a decade later
Or
>forgo the foretell and have a stack of cards I'll never use as it will never have enough support
Why would I buy this? Ranar is a shitty Brago. I'd just buy a Brago.
>>
Also the manabases aren’t even that bad considering they’re all dual color decks. Makes it a lot easier to get some easy upgrades that don’t cost a ton. Though I guess it can be shitty to tell new players “okay spend your first 20 bucks after this on some lands”.
>>
>>77700960
Remove the banlist and see what happens to white's relative power level. I'd bet it skyrockets and ends up with bluefaggots kvetching.
>>
>>77701092
those easy upgrades that don't cost a ton used to be part of the deck. The 20 dollar decks are a downgrade in all forms.
>>
>>77701034
Because it has new G/B elves (or even G or B tribal in general) staples
>>77701073
Why would you not use foretell cards? The WU ones are especially good
>>
>>77701116
>similar to better decks for half the price
>downgrade
>>
Are we being shilled the precons right now? What the fuck is this thread?
>>
>>77701142
Watch for the tranny kvetching at us after we tell the shills off. Didn't we spend a whole thread exposing these people last night? When will they learn?
>>
>>77701134
they aren't similar. They are worse. The thing you are saying people can go do was already done for you. And you got real reprints instead of commons from the new set.
>>
>>77701073
it literally comes with Brago
>>
>>77701034
not many of the elves in the deck have the boast mechanic
it does need to be fixed, as the avg cmc is still pretty high for an elf deck
>>
Unban Karakas, Balance and Limited Resources and white will be playable in commander
>>
>>77700954
Fuck that, give me Groosham Grange.
>>
>>77701142
>someone trying to (((explain))) Strixhaven houses to us
>someone trying to upsell the precons
It really does feel off in here.

>>77701167
I can buy a Brago without spending $20.
>>
>>77701167
And a bunch of trash he said he wasn't interested in.
>>
File: 20210222_135012.jpg (108 KB, 1200x1200)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
What's a good deck for forcing my opponent into these sorts of choices.
>>
>>77701176
Reminder that Sheldon would literally rather ban the power 9 than balance. Hell, given the choice between unbanning just balance or everything but balance, he'd rather unban everything but balance.
>>
>>77700634
I fucking love these doujins
>>
I don't like Foretell because it is power crept Morph and Morph was the absolute middle ground base justifiable thing in the game. It didn't need another power creep.
>>
>>77701224
Group Slug
>>
>>77701224
group hug
>>
>>77701224
Has Twitter found a hip new meme? Why am I seeing this so much the last week and a half?
>>
>>77701247
Reminder that Foretell's information advantage is 100x better than Morph because there's pretty much nothing that can interact with face down exile
>>
>>77701166
The last 2 or 3 years of Commander precons didn't have real reprints either
>>
>>77701224
Fumiko the Lowblood. It forces action without having some gay clause about not targetting you or getting a buff it they don't choose you.
>>
>>77701200
>>someone trying to (((explain))) Strixhaven houses to us
idk harry potter set looks like ass but if I've learned anything playing tabletop even garbage settings can be trudged through for a glimmer of an interesting concept
>>
>>77701247
I wish foretell was only on instant and sorceries so it wouldn't be "morph but better" but "morph for instants and sorceries"
>>
>>77701283
I don't see that as good. It isn't a game anymore. Morph didn't need to get power crept to the point of not being able to interact with it at all.
>>
>>77701296
I think the point is the person explaining the houses completely omitted any mention of Harry Potter and constructed their post to make the set seem less Harry Potter than we all know it is going to turn out to be.
>>
>>77701330
Personally I care less about how harry potter the set is going to be (white women wanking and bad writing aside I do have a very faint nostalgic fondness for the setting) and how the cards are gonna work out. I think the boros color college looks interesting but that might just be because I'm an archaeologist.
>>
>>77701311
Crucial difference is that a morph spell resolves and then can’t be stopped from being turned over, while you can respond to someone casting a foretold card from exile. They’re obviously comparable, but I wouldn’t say morph has been strictly power crept.
>>
>>77701296
Coupled with the shill literally trying to sell us on pre-cons there appears to be a dedicated effort in (((discussion guidance))) going on.
>>
File: surtlandfrostpyre.jpg (95 KB, 528x370)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>77700284
Hey what did people end up thinking of the Kaldheim realm lands? I might have missed the conversation, but I only just actually read them recently. Some of them? Yeah their trash. Great Hall of Starnheim? Garbage, unless you got a very specific deck. But reading Port of Karfell? Yeah it's a tap land, but why would you not put it in an Dimir Deck with creatures? Mana for the mid game, reanimation for the late game. That's great. Surtland Frostpyre? Decent depending on your meta, but burn all those mana dork or Opposition Agent away.
>>
>>77701386
Morph has been strictly power crept. Foretell also happens on average 1 turn earlier. It is a full upgrade aside from playing your spell into open mana and getting countered which is never the cards fault.
>>
>>77701411
SHILL
H
I
L
L
>>
>>77701411
They all felt so random it didn't feel like a cycle. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. All of them are too expensive to activate. They aren't unwelcome though those 2 color combos could use another tech land.
>>
File: 1613336033220.png (1.04 MB, 672x936)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Hold on shills this is more important. Last night one of you fuckers was talking about how you love niggers so much. My city had its first official driveby and the caught the man who did it. He was a nig whos previous offences included taking somebody hostage. He killed 3 people a block away from my LGS.
>>
>>77701411
>6 mana reanimation
>5 mana sorcery speed only pyroclasm
They weren't created equally and that is really jarring.
>>
>>77701480
I love this alter. I run seedtime in my anti-mono blue deck so this will be perfect.
>>
>>77701411
Surtland Frostspyre could be from Ikoria and you'd never know it.
>>
>>77701490
>Same anon.
No doubt, and a 6 CMC reanimate is FUCKING over priced... but so long as you aren't flooding your deck with tap lands I really don't see a reason to not add it.
>>
>>77701480
Oh shit man I'm sorry to hear about that. News of loss of human life is always so sad. At least they caught the fucker who did it.
>>
>>77701309
Same, plus I wish they’d pushed it a bit more on reactive effects. Honestly feels like another potentially interesting mechanic screwed over by only having a single set.
>>
>>77701502
Just remember to tell people that its chuck in the art.
>>
>>77701480
No one cares
>>
>>77701490
Littjara Mirrorlake is so far ahead of some of them that it’s depressing.
>>
>>77701527
6 is abour right for an extra ability on a land. 5 is the norm for it as a sorcery now. The 5 mana sorcery only pyroclasm is really wtf though. Standard is going to be a mess if they think a pyroclasm should be 5 cmc.
>>
>>77701480
>trying to derail the thread with racebait for the umpteenth time
I guess it’s marginally better than the shilling
>>
File: 1614039971220.png (45 KB, 113x145)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Reminder that Rebecca Guay is a sexual deviantart with a flower penis fetish and bland art.
>>
>>77701573
My lgs is in a dangerous part of town anon. Im legitimately having to consider if I go there anymore or not.
>>
>>77701594
Wild how it happens whenever shillery is called out. Double wild that someone already called it that it would happen.
>>
>people in the last thread unironically defending and praising Shivam
I want all Discord and Reddit tourists to leave

>>77700568
Giving WotC is the dumbest thing you can do
>>
>>77701608
You genuinely have my sympathy there (mine was also in a very seedy part of town before it shut down due to covid) but I don't care for the weird racebait.
>>
>>77701536
All sets since were hurt by the removal of blocks
Two sets for a plane was better
>>
>>77701608
Be safe anon. You know we support you. The shill free part of the discussion last night was very informative regarding darker skinned people. The nonshills are redpilled anons.
>>
>>77701601
>Rebecca Guay is a sexual deviantart with a flower penis fetish
Yeah, she's based
>bland art
4U
>>
>>77701601
Don't know who that is but my favorite artist is Baxa. There was an anon many moons ago who had a signed swirling spriggan, very jealous of that.
>>
>>77701621
It was Shivam himself. We have already established he posts here to defend himself.

>>77701633
The old system worked best. Tons of sets on the same plane just different places.
>>
>>77701677
>Tons of sets on the same plane just different places.
That's like premodern system, Anon
Most people playing the game today weren't there back then
>>
File: atalya.jpg (252 KB, 672x936)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>77701673
>Don't know who that is
New fags, please go and stay go

>>77701480
Imagine living in the city
>>
>>77701633
They removed blocks and now claim they're uniting sets by mechanics (in this case the new flip cards). Plausibly we could have a pseudo block united by infect next with phyrexians.
>>
>>77701721
Does that matter? It was a better system. They've gone thru what could have been 20 years of ideas in about 3.
>>
>>77701726
I'm not a newfag, I just don't pay attention to artists unless they stand out to me like Baxa.
>>
>>77701732
>a few years from now it will be 3 sets joined by mechanics and they won't planes jump as often
Its going to just be blocks again but wotc will never admit their experiments were failures.
>>
The 20 dollar decks are at least a million times more focused than the 40 dollar ones.
>>
>>77701754
Nielsen stands out to most people. Work on your aesthetics.

>>77701772
Worse value all around, that is why no one buys them.
>>
>>77701732
I wish they hadn't, most recent sets could have used another one to explore the plane before diving in the story
>>
>>77701677
Visiting new worlds every outing was based when that actually meant something and couldn’t just be a region on another plane. Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, and to a lesser extent Alara really showcased the strengths of planar travel. But shit like Zendikar, Innistrad, and Ixalan could easily just be combined into a single world without much compromise.
>>
>>77701789
No one was talking about Nielsen.
>>
>>77701795
Very well said. My buddy actually thought Zendikar and Innistrad were the same plane when the eldrazi fuckery hit them both back to back. He had no clue they had planeswalked to a new place.

The plane Conspiracy takes place on could be a sister town to Mercadia if you ask me.
>>
>>77701795
>Zendikar, Innistrad, and Ixalan could easily just be combined into a single world
We already have Dominaria as a kitchen sink
>>
>>77701789
Sorry bro, I love Nielsen too but they're talking about Guay.
>>
>>77701789
I bought all the 20 dollar commander decks.

They’re fine, I can upgrade them if I want or just leave them as is, but it’s only 20 bucks so who cares unless you’re a poorfag
>>
>>77701735
The past three years haven’t used up anywhere near that much design space. If anything, they’ve been disappointingly shallow.
>>
File: browbeat.jpg (279 KB, 672x936)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>77701863
I'm so glad we haven't been back to Otaria. They'd just ruin it
>>
>deckhelp chat
>dude's deck mana curve is >3.5
>they rate his deck as high power because he runs lots of powerful big creatures
is the average discordittor a retard? yes or of course?
>>
>>77701863
Dominaria feels like a world. Most of the new planes really do fulfill that themepark vibe. Ravnica's schtick is it was a plane of city everywhere. But what is the Conspiracy plane like? It is depicted the same way, cityscape forever.

>>77701844
>>77701866
I meant Guay, the 2 artists are a pair to me. It doesn't help my argument that Guay stands out when I call her Nielsen though so I was going to just slink into the darkness but getting called out twice is shameful.
>>
>>77700824
>The lands were worthwhile
Youre full of rancid shit
>>
>>77701880
He is saying we could have spent a few sets on Ixalan or Eldraine, or Kaladesh, or Amonkhet instead of these shotgun style drive bys. People wouldn't complain about the themepark stuff if those planes were fleshed out.
>>
>>77701898
This is really the only place on the web get actual good deckbuilding advice and that's only if the good players are lurking

>>77701903
As a Vorthos, I haven't liked a plane since Alara
>>
>>77701898
yes
>>
>>77701903
Fiora has the same problem as Kaladesh, we haven't explored the plane outside of the main city (or a large city in Kaladesh case)
>>
>>77701877
Are you compensated by wotc in any way for making posts like this?
>>
>>77701903
>getting called out twice is shameful
It's ok, anon. To err is human.
>>
Hey Wizards shills, I just bought a full Atraxa infect deck. Through MPC ;)
>>
>>77701880
We could have spent the last 3 years alone on 1 of the planes they did a single set on. They could do that for every plane.
>>77701953
Me neither. The themepark memes are real. I wonder what magic sport all the Strixhaven kids will play?
>>77701956
And as a result those planes are thought of less and it cheapens the unique thing Ravnica was supposed to be.
>>
>>77701957
I dont get this meme. Literally how are the $20 precons any worse than the $40 ones released after 2017?
Do you not remember the absolute shitstorm that was the Windgrace decklist reveal? Or fucking Commander Storm?
I will absolutely concede that the $20 ones being tied to Standard mechanics is lame if the mechanic turns out to be shit, but considering the reprints of the Zendikar pair, $20 bucks is more than fair and to say otherwise is dishonest. If anything the $40 ones are the predatory ripoff.
>>
>>77701953
It is also the only place you can talk about this game to adults as an adult. I'm getting real tired of people trying to take the edge out of 4chan.
>>
>>77701956
>>77701986
all the elves on fiora talk about the wilds of fiora and talk mad shit but we dont even see them once so I think they made shit up to sound cool at this point.
>>
>>77702021
There's really no other place you can call a guy a faggot for running partners and get away with it

>>77701964
I don't run proxies but I support this
>>
>>77701986
>it cheapens the unique thing Ravnica was supposed to be.
It doesn't
We know through the art and flavor that Kaladesh and Fiora have actual wilderness
>>
>>77701986
The past three years have included two planes we’d previously spent two years on each, as well as one plane that had gotten a year-long visit before. And I’m not sure I have the stomach for eight more sets of Ikoria.
>>
>>77702016
WotC clearly takes the price point of the products they sell and tries to make sure that reprints dont completely outvalue their msrp. So a $20 commander deck is going to have shittier reprints than a $40 one which is generally worse for players.
>>
>>77702072
>There's really no other place you can call a guy a faggot for running partners and get away with it
That's not nice to faggots
>>
>>77702078
Ravnica probably has just as many wild places, we've only explored a tenth of the plane and there's still a massive area of ruins and forests that we've been to.
>>
>>77701877
I got them for ten bucks each from a tiny lgs desperate to move product. Theyll probably sit in my closet for a while before I play them because I'm busy building other decks and I actually hate the art on the commander cards.
>>
>>77702016
Answer the question or stop posting - Are you compensated by wotc for making posts like this?
>>
File: mir-299-cursed-totem.jpg (229 KB, 672x936)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
*ruins your casual game*
>>
>>77702099
Sewers and ruins aren't the same as actual plains, islands, swamps, mountains and forests
>>
>>77702016
I bought the $40 precons because there was value in there. I do not buy the $20 precons because there is no value there.
I'd rather take that 20 and go draft. I'll end up with roughly the same shitty cards.
>>
>>77702130
fuck off shiv go back to sucking shilldons cancer ridden half inch pecker you filthy pajeet.
>>
>>77702123
rent free
>>
>>77701964
Based. I'm planning on buying a Yeva sneaky green flash deck the same way.
>>
>>77702135
We have actual forests, it's the rubblebelt.
>>
>>77702078
And we know the same is true on Ravnica with the gruul.
Everything ravnica is, there are multiple one off planes that fit the same role right now. But lets go back to Innistrad for the fourth time instead of expanding on Fiora or Kaladesh right?
>>
>>77702149
I bought some 40$ precons because there was value there and I bought some 20$ precons because there was value there
>>
>>77702179
This but because we only needed one visit to Innistrad.
>>
>>77702130
My friend proxied up a shitload of these for every deck. He could never into creature abilities so he added this to force the game into how he thought it worked when he first learned the game.
>>
I can’t play with people at my LGS because they’re being smart and not holding events, so these cheaper decks are perfect to pick up and get my housemates into playing EDH with, honestly
>>
>>77702166
>>77702179
>rubblebelt
>literally called "rubble"
>forest
>>
>>77702135
The gruul leave wasteland in their wake and the wilderness claims it almost instantly. One of the old gods was a boar, those big bad oinkers need room to fuck things up in.

>>77702206
"Yes." The rubblebelt is covered in forestry.
>>
>>77702092
The Zendikar ones had several cards that were relevant for their respective strategy that, while not being hyper expensive, had never seen reprints and were prime targets for buyout faggotry bullshit after the decks theme got spoiled. Same thing with the Golgari Elf one. Nothing crazy sure but plenty of stuff that was hitting 3-5$+ because it had only been printed in one set. Thats way more than I can say for any of the recent $40 precons that would rather give us dogshit like Commander Storm instead of giving us any meaningful reprints. People wanted Gaving tarred and feathered after the Lands deck got spoiled. Dude straight up openly lied to the community on Twitter.
Im not saying the $20 decks are ZOMG AMAZING GO BUY THEM NAO, but I do think for what they are, they're a decent product, especially for new players, and a million times more quality than shelfwarming shit like PW decks (though thats not a hard bar to clear.) Just sick and tired of retards like >>77702123
Who go ZOMG THIS DOESNT HAVE 5 FETCHES AND A NULL ROD REPRINT, THEREFORE ITS SHIT FUCK YOU WOTC ITS SHIT. Thats just being dishonest and retarded.
>>
>>77702135
Obligatory

https://imgur.com/r/magicTCG/xVnyP
>>
>>77702220
They are literal ruins
>>
File: scrollrack.jpg (12 KB, 190x265)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>77701073
Ranar is different from Brago.
I also build a Ranar deck with only 4 foretell card
>>
>>77702203
Are you compensated by wotc in any way for making posts like this?
>>
Have you bros tried card kingdom rookie and battle decks? They're a bitchin' good way to get your friends into magic for as cheap as proxies. Check the prof's vid about them.
Battle decks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vYRylzo5gM
Rookie Decks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo4pxcTnKks&t=441s
>>
>>77702227
Fetches are only expensive because WotC wants them to be. If they were reprinted in every precon and supplemental set like they should be, they would be like 5 bucks
>>
>>77702255
Now that's shilling
>>
>>77702255
Shilling this blatantly should be a bannable offense
>>
>>77702232
Yes, covered in vegetation. A crumbled building covered in trees is no different than the mountain it was before it was quarried.

>>77702255
>using your little brother as your shill lie last time
For shame. This is why people don't like marketers, you have no value structure.
>>
>>77702255
>giving money to cuck kingdom
>playing non EDH formats
>advocating for watching the Professor
First day here?
>>
>>77702149
>Because theres no value there
Just Notorious Throng was like 10 bucks before it got reprinted in Zendikar, please shut the fuck up about NO VALUE REE. I literally built a UB Sygg Rogue deck for a $50 budget night at my LGS and it was strikingly similar to the Zendikar one. The only reprint they missed was Knowledge Exploitation.
>>
>>77702267
Preach
>>
>>77702246
Reading Ranar he feels like a mix of oldJhoira and Alela. Foretell (suspend) and it makes an army of flying tokens.
A guy in my group plays both those decks and turned down buying Ranar because it was set mechanics.
>>
>>77702292
The Professor is /ourguy/
>>
>>77702268
No it's not, I'm just recommending this cool product I found to anons because it helped me get my friends into magic.
>>
>>77702281
It literally is. Make use of the options available to you as anon.

>>77702303
>spend 20 dollars for a 10 dollar card
There is no value, it has negative value. I'll just buy the single second hand.
>>
File: hellfire.jpg (375 KB, 672x936)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
Trying to determine your deck's power level by budget is retarded. Pic related is a middling asymmentrical boardwipe and is over $120
>>
File: 1611898161684.png (37 KB, 300x333)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>77702255
This is an EDH thread.
>>
>>77702267
I don't disagree one bit, they used to do it premade product. I think there was an old Zendikar one that had Bloodghast and Verdant Catacombs, but I'd argue that's a different issue entirely and we could segway into a whole other discussion but the literal insider trading and price manipulation we know WotC employees and MTG content creators partake in cause theyd rather treat this game like stocks than a card game.
>>
>>77702314
Ranar can be played without foretell cards, like Birgi can be played without boast
>>
>>77702332
Labeled as "this post is advertising or begging."
Don't do things that are under that umbrella. You could have talked about why you personally found value in it. Instead of you sent us to a sponsored video AND you used a lie about your little brother last time you tried this yesterday.
>>
>>77702321
>advocated for Neilson and the "racist cards" being excommunicated
>"/ourguy/"
I vehemently disagree

>>77702367
Which is why, while I don't play with proxies, I recommend others get them
>>
>>77702370
And EDH can be played without buying the Ranar precon.
>>
>>77702255
Normally I think people cry wolf on shilling but come the fuck on, this is blatant
>>
>>77702382
>avoiding cancellation so he can keep shitting on WotC
Yes
>>
>>77702382
He was in the middle of people trying to cancel culture him. Watch him long enough and you know he is slightly redpilled.
>>
>>77702397
Now you're moving the goalposts
>>
>>77702341
Oona, Notorious Throng, UB Sygg, Ogre Slumlord, Sol Ring, Dimir Signet and Arcane Signet all combined well and properly cleared the value of the $20 price tag on the release of the Rogue deck and you got plenty of other half decent playable cards in a deck on top of that. Please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>77702321
>a cuck who goy let go from a job, spent a Thanksgiving weekend making a hit piece to defend some basic bitch cosplayer, forces himself to include """"""diversity""""""" in his videos via guest hosts, AND is a proven alcoholic
He is literally the antithesis of a self-made man.
>>
>>77702401
>>77702418
>no guys, it's okay, he was just pretending to be a faggot
Wow, I'm convinced
>>
>>77702424
How. My stance was I'm not going to buy the 20 precons. The last post is still positing that I will not buy the 20 precons.

>>77702434
>dimir signet
Nigga not all of us started playing magic last year.
>>
>>77702449
He may be a cuck with politics, but productwise he's a good guy. He can shove his BLM shit up his ass but Id still trust him with reviewing product any day.
>>
>>77702449
Exactly, /ourguy/
>>
>>77702382
>"racist cards"
desu invoke prejudice was blatantly meant to hearken to racism (not that that's inherently a bad thing but definitely out of place in magic as a whole) but shit like cleanse was blatantly not racist and could only be interpreted as such if you're so neurotic about race you think the color black means black people
>>
>>77702467
And I was arguing against the fact that the decks are tied to "shitty numagic mechanics"
>>
>>77702469
Prove you're not a shill. Call me a fag, or say nigger. If you're such a normal anon you shouldn't have a problem with calling somebody a fag. Unless you're on payroll of course.
>>
>>77702467
Dimir Signet is a $3 card you stupid mong.
>REEE THESE DECKS DONT HAVE VALUE
>Okay well here's a bunch of good playable cards that were creeping up in price that were reprinted in this precon
>THAT ONE DOESNT COUNT REEEE
Even after the reprint Im pretty sure its the most expensive signet. The Talismans are becoming pricey as fuck too you dumbass.
>>
>>77702518
No, it is a card devoid of value. I wouldn't pay a penny for it. It is worth less than a penny to me.
>>
>>77702518
You too. Use an actual slur to prove you're not on payroll.
>>
>>77702203
Ok I'll buy the precon, with upgrades too. Through MPC
>>
File: norwood priestess.jpg (230 KB, 672x936)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>77702518
>licking WotC's boot because they reprinted a $3 card
Anon, I wipe my ass with $3. There are non-RL card worth $50 that they could reprint literally anytime they want and they choose not to do it
>>
>>77702505
Isn't it cramped in your head with the trannies, the niggers and the shills? You should really ask for rent, you could get several decks worth of proxies with that money
>>
>>77702518
I proxied hundreds of signets throughout the years. I would never pay 3 dollars for one. You might. Have you checked to make sure your signets are real recently?
>>
>>77702255
>>77702405
>It's spreading.
Silence Brand
>>
>>77702505
How the fuck does supporting a guy who gives his honest opinions on products being a shill? He has frequently called out WotC and other card accessory companies for shitty practices or products. Pretty sure its his criticism that has made some of these accessory companies actually IMPROVE because they know TCC has a big audience and theyd lose their business.
He's alot more honest than literal payroll shmucks like those chinks at the Command Zone.
>>
>>77702518
>>77702533
Lmao yeah, say that Therese Nielson was right, any tranny that plays the disgusting troon Niko Aris should join the 40%, and only niggers buy secret lairs
>>
>>77702557
There is no way this is ironic is there? I've denied the shill stuff happens but this is out of this world blatant.
>>
>>77702554
You're good, my bad bro.
>>
>>77702583
The only shill here is >>77702255 but it could very well be ironic
>>
>>77702533
>If you dont say nigger youre a shill
Youre a fucking retard
>>77702546
>Why dont they print Fetches and Worldy Tutors in every product what the fuck
I couldnt tell you. But just because a $20 product doesnt have $100 in cards doesnt mean its bad.
I seriously cant fathom how you idiots say the 20 dollar precons are bad when some of the 40 dollar ones were way more of a slap in the face. The only reason any of the 40 dollar ones are worth shit is becuase of broken pushed shit like Fierce Guardianship and you can talk to anyone in this general how they feel about that fucking card or Tefs Protection.
>>
>>77702559
The way you've spammed this video for the last few days and had a different story for why each time is what makes you a shill.
>>
>>77702619
Nigger golem shill lol
>>
>>77702582
When it's this transparent I usually assume that it's someone pretending. But that doesn't make it any better.
God I almost wish I could be a shill and get paid to waste my life on this shithole. I'd be better at it than any of these alleged actual shills too.
>>
>>77702619
The product is bad because there isn't 20 dollars worth of product in it. It is draft chaff from the new set.
>>
>>77702561
nielsen did nothing wrong
>anyone buying secret lairs is a nigger
eh, anyone buying the nigger secret lair is a niggerlover.
some of them have been pretty good. i may buy some of the valentines one because i like some of the arts for my cube
>>
Looking to add Tergrid to this deck

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tomb-of-horrors-2/

I'm leaning to cut either Helm of the Ghastlord or Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker but could use some suggestions.
>>
>>77702649
>It is draft chaff from the new set.
You're mixing them up with planeswalker decks
>>
>>77702624
Every thread has a Golos poster, every thread has a Professor poster (probably him)

>>77702619
What if, hear me out, all WotC products are bad because the game is in the worst state it's ever been?
>>
>>77702664
>i may buy some of the valentines one because i like some of the arts for my cube
>He says, on February 23rd
>>
>>77702677
>wants bepis but wont make his own cuts
WEAK
>>
>>77702679
No. The new precons are mostly cards from the new sets due to being paired to the set. I have no interest in Kaldheim so I have no interest in the precons.
>>
>>77702619
Yeah, if you're a shill you'll get fired for saying nigger or faggot. So if you can't say it, then you're probably a real paid shill.
>>
>>77702664
>Doesn't acknowledge the tranny Niko Aris
Hmmmmmm
>>
>>77702707
>I haven't looked though the decklists
That explains a lot
>>
>>77702619
Or True name. Or dockside
>>
>>77702561
I literally bought a dozen of her cards when she got fired because I waa afraid of WotC banning her cards.
Why do you think anyone who supports a prdouct or doesnt think everything WotC puts out is dogshit is a shill.
Want me to talk about the Reserved List and how its kike bullshit? Or how the BLM Secret Lair is awful and incredibly insulting on multiple levels? Or Mark Rosewater's Kids Day comments and how that company is run by liberal idiots?
No, because all you see is someone looking at a $20 entry level product that was probably the only positive step forward a company made to get new people in thia game and saying "Guys these are fine just relax" and calling them a shill.
You want me to use slurs to prove Im not? Fine. Youre a retarded grognard nigger and you dont give a shit about the game because you want be an edgy faggot who complains about everything because when someone says "here's 5 bucks" you go "no fuck you I wanted 10."
Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>77702700
Are those cards less cute after valentine's day somehow?

>>77702710
They will also completely ignore the word shill as saying they aren't is a legal nightmare. So they simply ignore the claim.
>>
>>77702700
doesnt it have like a few weeks of time to order? fuck me if i missed it.
>>
>>77702743
Exactly! If they ignore it or reply not saying it, you've basically found them out. It's a tacit admission of shillery.
>>
>>77702743
>>77702747
The last day to buy them was the 22nd
>>
>>77702732
I don't want Ranar or any of those boast/foretell cards.
I don't want Lathril or those elf tribal cards.
I don't want the cards because they are new kaldheim cards so I'm not buying the precons.
This isn't hard to understand anon.
>>
>>77702710
>>77702743
You're either shills yourselves or inventing shit
>>
>>77702787
Ok nigger.
>>
>>77702707
The rogue deck had like 10 cards that hadnt seen a reprint since Lorwyn block. Holy shit you dont have to like the product but please stop talking about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>77702764
Ebay or amazon do not have that kind of restriction.
>>
>>77702764
FUCK thats kind of unfortuante. i wanted some of that for cube.
>>
>>77702787
Whatever you say kike. Legally a shill can't lie to the one he is shilling to as he is technically representing some other entity not himself even if the one being shilled at doesn't know.

>>77702797
I have those cards because I proxied them already.
>>
>>77702740
>Or Mark Rosewater's Kids Day comments
You mean when there was a women's day, kid's day (and now nigger day) and people asked if there'd be a men's day and he said "not everyone gets a secret lair and there's too much focus on men anyways", ignoring how the point of men's day is supposed to be those issues that aren't spoken about like domestic abuse towards men and prostate cancer.

>>77702807
Good news is a lot of people probably bought the bundle since they were getting doubles of everything in non foil to resell and use the foils.
>>
>>77702841
>>
New bread when?
>>
File: 1612478219617.jpg (29 KB, 276x267)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>"heh, well I already proxied those cards! aren't I so cool?"
>>
>>77702797
Each one also has like 10 cards built for commander from the kaldheim plane. I don't blame anon if he doesn't want that shit. No one wants it. That is why you are here shilling the product the sales are low for it. The sales are low for a reason anon.

>>77702841
Or the very reasonable realization that their customer base is 99% male and would buy it.
>>
>>77702840
But legally, it's not lying. If they just don't say anything, or respond without saying it calling it ridiculous, that's not something that could cause legal problems I think.
>>
>>77702866
Holy shit this thread flew by
>>
>>77702878
That is why they ignore the claim and will never actually address it, not even to deny it. It isn't illegal to ignore it. It is illegal to misrepresent yourself.
>>
My cat died today, /edhg/ - just wanted to share.
>>
>>77702866
When we hit page 5, as always

>>77702900
Because it's 50% shitposting, 45% feeding the trolls/retards
>>
>>77702841
i was gonna get a foil of the whole thing then like 1 or 2 more of the one with kroxa and 1 or 2 of the faries for modern faries.
>>
>>77702872
It does seem smart. It costs a fraction of the cost and when you are done with them they resell for the same price as a real card.
>>
>>77702913
Yes that's what I'm saying.They'll ignore the post. Anyone who's not a shill could just respond calling me a nigger, but if they are a shill they'll just ignore it.
>>
>>77702915
Good
>>
>>77702782
Like I said earlier, I don't care about you wanting to buy them or not
Now, let's see
>200 cards
>169 of them aren't cards from the set Kaldheim
>Out of those 169, 16 are brand new
>The 31 remaining cards are from Kaldheim
So depending on how you count, either less than a fourth or less than a sixth of the cards in those decks are Kaldheim cards
Either way, we're far from "most of them"
>>
>>77702915
Just sacrifice some food and he will come back, anon.
Im actually sorry, hope it lived a good life.
>>
>>77702940
Or just say "I'm not a shill."
It is telling that they will respond to every other part of your post then completely ignore that part.

>>77702956
Wrong.
>>
>>77702321
>Alcoholic far-left extremist who constantly shills for WotC and was on-board with Terese Nielsen's cancellation
>ourguy
Yeah, no. Brian is a cuck and he can eat shit.
>>
>>77702840
>>77702878
>>77702913
>>77702940
Nice conspiracy theory
>>
>>77702978
I guess that works too but the idea of making a wotc employee squirm when told to say "nigger" is too hilarious.
>>
>>77702956
You clearly do care about anon saying he doesn't want to buy them. You seem very concerned about that an nothing else.
Are you being compensated by wotc in any way for making these posts?
>>
>>77702974
He was 16 years old and had a stroke. I think he had a good run.
>>
>>77702978
>Wrong
Prove it
>>
File: 1610635071405.jpg (50 KB, 1024x821)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>"nyeh heh heh, they'll never know these cards are proxies and I'll trick them into buying them!"
>"w-well, I would if my LGS didn't ban me for trying to rip-off a child in a trade and yelling at him when he refused. no I haven't actually sold any proxies yet, b-but I will!"
>>
>>77702992
I work for a company that will not be named, in legal. My company does actually employee shills (not here).
The posts are true, there is legal tape requiring the truth when directly posited. That is why they ignore the claim wholesale.
>>
>>77702932
I got all of them except the basic lands, which I'll probably regret because they did look nice but I can't bring myself to spend $10/card for some basics. At least the Bob Ross set had 2 of each basic and an Evolving Wilds should have been Prismatic Vista though
>>
>>77703005
I care about stating facts and correcting mistakes
Like telling you that you should make (((them))) pay rent
>>
>>77703004
Start asking why witches aren't a supported type when you suspect a shill. Wotc employs close friends and family for this type of stuff and they hate when people start asking about their faggoty wiccan shit.
>>
>>77703035
I won't buy a basic lands secret lair unless they put at least five of each in it
>>
>>77703038
Are you being compensated by wotc in any way for making these posts?
>>
>>77703058
Close friends and family? Like how >>77702255 mentioned his little brother in an earlier post? Holy shit.
>>
>>77702841
Yes. He said essentially "We dont need a kids day cause every day is kids day teehee" like a pssive aggressive liberal cocksucker, and then he had egg on hos face when anyone who was a European said "Hey retard you know plenty of countries have days exclusively for celebrating children right?" In Poland its May 1st. I think he deletes the post soon thereafter.
>>
File: 7ednightmare.jpg (222 KB, 672x936)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
This is my favorite nonLegendary Creature. What's yours?
>>
>>77703083
Yes. Wotc is 1 long weekend away from registering their company on the Foundation for Intentional Communities.
>>
>>77703078
I'm not, I already answered your riddle here >>77702554
>>
>>77703092
Thanks for reminding me that Maro's been deleting social media posts more frequently lately due to how much pushback he gets for his stupid comments. Seriously, go check his blog and tell me how far you get.
>>
File: brrrrrrr.jpg (1.11 MB, 3316x1204)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Shut up with the conpiracy and offtopic stuff you faggots! Give me some cool combos and shenanigans with the new legends.
>>
>>77703058
Why aren't witches a supported type?
>>
New thread since this one got stinky.
>>77703165
>>77703165
>>77703165
>>
>>77703158
Then why are you doing it for free? No one wants to be sold on product while talking about a casual game.
>>
>>77703070
I do kinda regret not getting the Eldraine one though because the art is fucking great and now they're like $20-$30 a piece.

>>77703092
Pretty sure International Children's Day is like a week before Men's Day too. The Extra Life SL this year wasn't even that good since it only benefited the children's hospital in Seattle and not the usual Children's Miracle Network in general.
>>
>>77703182
I'm not selling you product
>>
>>77703174
No one knows. Assumptions for years have been they are actual wiccans at wotc. Wiccan stuff is really big on the west coast and the game is 25+ years old without a single actual witch being printed.
>>
>>77703214
Didn't they already say it was because it was 'culturally insensitive' to put witches in the game?
>>
>>77703214
(((Wiccans))) are so fucking cringe and give a bad name to actual practitioners of the esoteric arts
>>
>>77703214
Well, they are in the game in terms of NAMES, so, maybe they didn't want to fill things up with wizards, warlocks, shamans, etc? Definitely weird though.
>>
>>77703244
Agreed. They're the Christians of the occult, so full of themselves with moral righteousness and smug superiortiy.
>>
>>77703259
the fact that cards with witch in their name aren't witches is even more weirdness supporting them deliberately omitting the type witch for some reason.
>>
File: eld-77-barrow-witches.jpg (178 KB, 672x936)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>77703214
What do you mean by "actual witches"? The type doesn't exist but we got some anyway
>>
>>77703291
Yeah that's definitely true. I don't know, it's shady, but I mean, the company is run by fags, we already knew that
>>
>>77703293
Notice the typeline is not Witch. There are zero Witches in the game.
Ask yourself why the official name has never been taken up. Why did they go so far as to use Warlock, a gendered term, as their placeholder.
>>
>>77703338
Who cares?
>>
>>77702619
Don't make me tap the thread theme
>>
>>77703411
>they really hate it when you bring up their faggoty wiccan shit
Point proven shill.
>>
>>77703293
I can't tell if you have a point or are overthinking it. Either way now that you mention it, it is weird witches are either marked as warlocks, witches, or shaman
>>
>>77703444
My point is that if they didn't want actual witches in the game, they wouldn't put actual witches in the game under a different name
>>
>>77703338
>Warlock, a gendered term
>t. brainlet
>>
>>77703477
Have you not seen Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost? Warlock is gendered.
>>
>>77703477
A warlock is a male wizard. It is specifically the denotation for a male of a typically female order.
>>
>>77703466
Sorry I replied to the wrong anon
>>
What if the death change was, instead of what we got now, redefining "dies" to include going to command zone?
Would you like it more? Less? The same? Or do you still play with the old rule?
>>
>>77703477
warlock is a male witch breh
>>
>>77701411
The Boros and Dimir one's are the only good ones.
>>
>>77703611
I mean that's functionally the same
>>
>>77703621
The Simic one is good as well
>>
>>77703665
Eh, 5 mana at sorcery speed to clone a creature only YOU control is pretty bad. The Boros one is a tutor and the Dimir one can be done at instant speed, so I think those are a lot better.
>>
Stop playing blue
>>
>>77703860
Based
>>
File: 20210223_152319.jpg (2.48 MB, 4032x1816)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>day 14
ITS HERE
>>
>>77703860
I want to but this thing is so fucking nice
>>
File: plc-72-imp-s-mischief.jpg (309 KB, 672x936)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
What's better? Narset's Reversal or Imp's Mischief?
>>
>>77703872
Will you shut up about waiting for your op free spell with shitty art now?
>>
>>77703919
Nope
>>
>>77703872
>LOOK GUYS I GOT ONE OF THE CANCER AUTOINCLUDES SHELDOR SHIT OUT INTO MY MOUTH
No one cares
>>
>>77703872
And to think, you could have proxied a whole deck with that card in it for the price of that one card! Good job managing your money wisely, anon!
>>
File: speed-4.gif (2.16 MB, 640x768)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
>>77703919
>>77703947
>>
guys stop bullying the tard
>>
File: hot soy sauce wojak face.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1024)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>77703872
>OM GOSH GUISE I GOT THE CARD THE BASEDMMAND ZONE AND COMMANDERS QUARTERS TOLD ME TO GET!
>>
Remember when they put shocks in the brawl precons just to try and convince people to play a shitty format? I mean fuck, the Alela one also had smothering tithe, now selling for ten dollars more than the precons.
>>
File: tenor.gif (609 KB, 300x172)
609 KB
609 KB GIF
>>77703999
>>
>>77703999
sneed
>>
>>77704063
what the fuck even was brawl?
>>
>>77703872
ok shut up now, catfag
>>
>>77704290
Brawl is still played on Arena, up to you if you consider that a proof of life
It's exactly like commander except the decks are 60 cards and can only use cards legal in Standard
You also start with 25 life
>>
>>77704396
So brawl is commander but you still have to deal with the pure cancer in standard?
Did anyone play this lmao?
>>
>>77704431
Like I said, it is played on Arena and it's about as easy to find a Brawl game as finding a standard game
>>
>he's still catposting
>>
>>77704658
point to where the cat poster touched you
>>
>>77704750
>who hurt you
yikers
>>
>>77702203
reeks of reddit
>>
>>77704431
It was magic's first attempt to yoink commander from the players. They were more successful just passively manipulating the RC
>>
>>77702255
ol trip-o-dub-dubs here is clearly bait and every single one of you groids fell for it
>>
>>77704944
nu
>>
>>77702764
>Implying I don't get them secondhand or just print them
>>
File: 1608057733422.jpg (59 KB, 600x330)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>77702915
fuck man, i hope you're holding up alright
>>
>>77702915
Shit dude, I'm really sorry.
>>
>>77704431
Its where failures go to play banned in standard cards.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.