[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 64070837_p0.png (5.66 MB, 3400x2330)
5.66 MB
5.66 MB PNG
..Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to StreetHost...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>77567992
>T_Word_Pass.sklsft
>10_Best_Troll_Bars.grd
>Assault_Cannons_And_You.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 566 (73% Positive)
* You have 21 new private message: "On my mark...3...."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running BFF.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Tell us about your trolls, /srg/. Ones you've played or were happy to play with.
>>
Planning on taking my players innawoods next session, what are some good things for them to encounter? Already plan on the climax of the session being running from a Shardik (the fuckhuge super mutant bears).
>>
How many hits to hear the beat of a heart?
>>
>>77651170
Throw in some evil plants. Either a rogue plant spirit, or a carnivorous Sangre Del Diablo tree, or an eco-druid that wants them out.
>>
>>77651170
Are they based out of Seattle? What wildlife is indigenous to the area?
>>
>>77651170
The players run into a little self-sufficient cabin, utterly devoid of any modern amenities or electronics, occupied by a little old lady who is just so excited to have visitors, it's so rare they come by, you nice young men should stay the night and meet my son, he's out on a hunting trip, but oh I've forgotten my manners, what would you like to eat, none of that synthetic junk here, I'll put a nice stew on the fire, maybe bake some cookies...

The little old lady is a malevolent Crone spirit (also called a Baba Yaga in older editions). The food is laced with powerful soporific magic, and if they fall asleep she'll cook them into a stew and devour their flesh.
>>
>>77651388
I like that, players could think the druid's trying to get them to leave him alone at first but find out that he's actually trying to keep anyone away from the Shardik.

>>77651430
CAS, they're gonna be camping in the mountains of North Carolina after getting roped into it by a character's redneck cousin.

>>77651465
Throwing this one into the pot. I think I remember seeing a statblock for those somewhere in 5e Street Grimoire.
>>
Is a pain editor the ONLY way to not pass out by filling up your stun track?
>>
File: 56008022_p0.jpg (2.24 MB, 2530x1100)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>77651280
I'd say 4, maybe 5 at minimum.

>>77651498
Have them run into some hunters - if your runners aren't wearing neon orange, then they might be mistaken for animals themselves and shot at. Alternatively, angry bobcat shifter.
>>
>>77651581
Adrenaline Pumps can also do it, but only for a limited time (Rating X D6 Combat Turns, assuming 5e).
>>
File: 85773245_p0.png (3.25 MB, 1320x1540)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
>>77651581
The drug Numb from Lockdown also prevents you from going unconscious until your Overflow is full. As long as it's active, you're either up or you're dead.
>>
>>77651498
This may not be super helpful, but Elven Blood has an adventure about poaching some critters. There are some fun ones in that, I particularly like Golden Boars.
>>
>>77651280
I'd absolutely say that counts as Extreme, so 8-10 according to the guide.
>>
File: dbmbi4v-75f4c504-acaf.jpg (370 KB, 960x1280)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>
>>77651280
From where? It's trivial with a stethoscope or when pressing your head against someone's chest. It's practically impossible a meter meter away.

Details, nigga. Details!
>>
https://youtu.be/fFqL99GCGcQ?list=PLOxJpoPBMXItePAK2GImwUxjo4PZSjh2U

Does anyone go to this much detail (or more) for shadowrun combat?
>>
>>77651678
at least hunters will not pursue when "the game" starts shooting back
>>
>>77656708
>at least hunters will not pursue when "the game" starts shooting back
but that means losing The Game
>>
File: 1613053812239.png (129 KB, 550x635)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>77649922
What's the deal with 6th edition supposedly being awful? I had the 20th anniversary book and while I never played it I remember it being s pretty well written and organized book with easy to follow rules.
>>
>>77656971
They tried to simplify it by taking out a bunch of gear/situational modifiers, but then they replaced those with a system based around gaining edge for things that would normally be modifiers, then spending the edge on specific "edge actions".
It's a weird system that ends up being pretty unsatisfying all round IMO, it's still too crunchy to be considered rules light, while also introducing a bunch of stupid contrivances and disconnects between the way things seem like they should work and the way they actually do.
That combined with incompetent writing, editing and proofreading to produce a core book that was basically nonfunctional on release and didn't appeal to a lot of the established playerbase.
>>
>>77656971
Also as to the degradation from 4th, towards the end of 4ths lifecycle it came out that one of the owners of CGL had embezzled a bunch of money to put an extension on his house.
There was a minor shitstorm, lots of their staff ended up quitting, and the quality of their releases dropped sharply and never really recovered.
>>
>>77656971
to give a few examples (not nearly all-encompassing)
>Edge now gives you Edge-Points (think "Advantage/Disadvantage" from DnD5e)
>Armor doesn't protect you from damage, it just give you an Edge point if your Defense Rating is 4 higher than their Attack Rating (good luck with that)
>Only Bod goes into soak now (That's why 6e is Underwear Troll Edition)
>But don't worry, since you now only have Bod to soak with all the weapons were gutted as well
>so not only were some stats removed (Accuracy, AP) but also the Damage was severely scaled back as well (Light Pistols do 2P, Heavy 3P, up to 7P for the Panther XXL Assault Cannon)
>but the Condition Monitors weren't scaled. You still have 8+BOD/2, now with BOD*2 as Overflow
>Yes, Pulling a Cobain Toothbrush is now rather ineffective, and you can shoot a baby with an Assault Cannon and have a very high chance of it not even going into Overflow
>Melee Weapons were also nerfed, and now do a fixed Damage (no matter who wields it). Only Unarmed still scales with STR (That's why 6e is Unarmed Underwear Troll Edition)
>Oh, and hardened Armor is unchanged. So Sharks are invincible, and so are Spirits above F6
>Of which you can summon up to MAG*3 in total force. So MAG 6 means you can have any combination of spirits as long as the sum of their Force Ratings is less than/equal to 18 (That's why 6e is Unarmed Underwear Troll Shaman Edition)
>And Grenades are also unchanged, so if you are in the blast radius you are simply dead due to 16P (That's why 6e is Unarmed Grenade-Toting Underwear Troll Shaman Edition)
>>
File: Pride.jpg (769 KB, 1920x2466)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
What's a good mentor spirit that would reveal itself to you while partying on Hawai'i?
>>
>>77658340
Most of them?
Remember that the mentor spirits are just general archetypes.
So e.g. Adversary is "Rebellion". It can be Satan. It can also be Loki. Or Prometheus (if you go by the Original Myth).
Dragonslayer is "Fighting those above you". that can be St.George. It can also be Beowulf.
Raven is "Trickster". Anansi, Loki and a lot of other Tricksters fit this.

The question comes down to "Who do you want to be your Mentor, and what Mentor Spirit Archetype do you think they fit best?"
That's why Prometheus can be both Firebringer and Adversary. Or how Loki can be both Adversary and Raven
>>
>>77658521
Alright let me rephrase that: What kind of characters that happen to be mentor spirits would one meet while partying on Hawai'i?
>>
>>77659066
If you rephrase it as, "Think up some ideas for mentor spirits in Hawai'i for me!" ... sounds like it would be closer to what you're asking. Kinda more depends on the mentee than the mentor, imo.
>>
File: Mentor Spirit.jpg (431 KB, 1279x1535)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>77659259
That's kinda the thing, all of them seem to be plausible one way or another, and I don't particulary care about the bonus. The runner is a melee adept from a buddhist temple in SE Asia, but at that point in his life he's already had experience with chinese smugglers and salvage diving.
I thought about having the mentor be his old Sifu, but that guy's very much alive and I want the spirit to be an alternative to his monastic teachings.

I guess by asking here I wanted to have the mentor choose me instead of the other way around.
>>
File: Untitled_Geese.jpg (80 KB, 2048x962)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>77659620
There's a novel that takes place in Hawaii, House of the Sun. One of the characters is a shaman whose totem is the Hawaiian goose. You could have a lot of fun with that.

I wonder what the bonuses would be for a Goose mentor spirit?
>>
>>77659820
I remember reading somewhere that the awakened Hawaiian goose is extremely aggressive, so maybe somethin similar to thunderbird? Can't remember where it was, just checked Shadows of Asia and it's not in there.
>>
>>77659620
If you're looking for a Hawaiian spirit that chooses your adept and is a counterpoint to a monastic leader:

>Liliʻuokalani (Adversary, Dog, Thunderbird): Last queen of Hawai'i, deposed by Americans and imprisoned for trying to produce a constitution that would prevent the USA from taking over the country. Now her spirit is trying to make your adept into a weapon against imperialism and abuse of power, keeping an eye on the IJS while bearing a special hatred for the UCAS.

>Dolphin and Sea, for fun/emotional release.
>>
>>77657087
>>77657177
>>77657383
So what's the best edition?
>>
>>77660501
Any edition other than 6e for which you can find players/a group
1-3e if you want old-school SR
4-5e if you want new-school SR
>>
>>77659620
Adversary is always the best mentor spirit. Dragonslayer is also cool.
>>
>>77660501
20a is probably the best and most consistently edited and laid out. It has a really good index and is genuinely easy to read. It's 4e, so new SR.

5e is probably the most played right now and therefore the easiest to get advice for. Plus the mechanics make sense, though the editing is just awful.
>>
Why would I ever take control actions over control thoughts?
>>
>>77663571
If you want someone to be aware of what they're doing when you make them put their gun in their mouth and pull the trigger. Really savors the emotion of the moment.

Also I'm pretty sure it's a lower Drain cost.
>>
>>77663631
Yeah, at least in 3e control thoughts is a full damage code higher.
>>
>>77651388

They don't even have to be evil plants. Weird mushrooms that give off hallucinogenics, Awakened plants that avoid/attack/get curious about the players.

I did once fuck with my Players by having a family of awakened Squirrels in an area they were trying to traverse. They weren't horrifying death-machines or anything, just curious, loud, and -fast-. Like, Wired Reflexes sorta speeds. When you're trying to make camp and have some food and there's just a squealing sound from the trees, and a furry blur nabs the sandwich out of your hand at 3 times the speed you can move...
>>
>>77663571
control thoughts is more drain. I guess the advantage is it stops people using trodes or headcommlinks to message others for help
>>
How would you build Guts?
>>
>>77669364
With or without the Berserker armor?
>>
>>77669364
Gonna need more specifics about Guts when but in general:
>Max-Edge Human
>Maxed Physical Attributes
>Close Combat Group -> Blades Specialization over time
>Multiple Opponent Combat/Defense Martial Arts
>Will to Live/Toughness/Guts (lmao)/Natural Athlete/Daredevil/Exceptional Att (STR)/Lightning Reflexes/Perceptive over time
>Highland Forge Claymore, armor as appropriate

None of this touches Berserker Armor or Dragonslayer - also no 'ware or mods. Edge to Blitz/Seize the Initiative, post-Edge bad rolls, make big pivotal strikes.

Exploit surprise, use melee teamwork when possible, bodies as cover, etc.
>>
>>77671465
Should include Adrenaline Surge and Revels In Murder. IMO.
>>
>>77671599
>>77671599
Both good picks, yeah - less certain about Revels as a regular Quality than as something potentially associated w/ Berserker Armor (which you could do as basically just giving the effects of K-10 when active if you wanted to be quick and dirty with it - I'm posting on phone and don't have PDFs up or I'd expand.)

Also negative quals:
>Driven (save Casca,) Vendetta (God Hand,) Impassive, Insomnia (Higher cost vers.,) Code of Honor (Avenging Angel - at least later-on Guts,) Uneducated, Dependents, Wanted, Prejudiced (Magicians/Fae/Spirits)

I'm sure there's more, but ofc,
>Allergy (Seasickness) (Mild)
>>
>>77671941
>than as something potentially associated w/ Berserker Armor
Maybe FBA with an auto-injector with K10. You should also put in a dose of dopadrine your teammates can access in case you mess up and go perma-berserk.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 184x274)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
What's the most hostile environment in which you've ever gone on a run (or thrown your runners in?)

How if at all did it change the experience?
>>
What would a vat-grown, top-secret, super badass corp assassin look like? You get the vat-grown quality (forgot the name) and all the ware is delta (with no worries about availability or price). What ware, skills, and gear would they have?
>>
>>77672289
I'd probably tailor it to the corp/specific type of work/targets in mind.

Any thoughts as to what those are?
>>
>>77672289
Basically an organic version of the T1000. Top tier badass bioware, geneware, and nanoware, with 4e's false front and other stuff to make them almost impossible to consistently ID via any biometrics.
>>
>>77672395
*Just without the ability to completely turn into liquid. More than once, at least.
>>
>>77672353
No specific thoughts on which corp, but I was thinking someone who takes out highly dangerous, highly annoying targets. Like runners
>>
>>77672237
We did a space one once. It was pretty cool, changed everything. They were mostly in a space station which mostly meant they had to be very careful with fighting (they had gotten on to the crew list) since everyone knew everyone and no guns or real weapons were available.
>>
>>77672289
Are they supposed to be a ghost-type assassin where no one ever knows they were there?
Or like, the 40k Eversor, where nobody can tell who did it because the assassin slaughtered everyone in a three mile radius.
They're two very different builds, IMO.
>>
>>77672945
They kind of meld together when you can throw megacorp levels of fuck you money at it.
>>
>>77672523
Annoying runners, huh?

Well, chummer - so much of that is going to depend on the scene, level of threat, and whatever the deputy in accounting sends back for that 'strictly hypothetical' cost-benefit analysis you asked for earlier.

But it sounds like you're assuming cost might be no object at this point - say the runners have kicked Damien Knight's new puppy, all the stops are open, and coming through the stops is a singular custom-built machine designed to send them to the runner-bar in the sky - no matter where they run, no matter how they hide, and with limited concern about the proportionality of the methods used to get payback.

Ware, skills, and gear?

>Ware (all Delta)
Synaptic boosters, max rating (we like initiative dice.)
Implanted smartlink (don't want eyes getting hacked, but smartgun bonuses are too good to pass up.)
Muscle toners, muscle augs, a suprathyroid gland, cerebellum booster, cerebral booster - want to get attributes as high as possible.
Mnemonic enhancer, enhanced articulation, synthcardium, pain editor, tremor reducer, bone density augmentation, reception enhancer, neuro-retention amplification - useful functionalities.
All of this is bioware - we're trying not to be too obvious here, even if Shadowrunners very seldom bring their own MAD/millimeter sensors.
Skillwires and a skilljack, max ratings (you don't have a lifetime to wait for your killing machine to become Agent 47 - neither does it. It should be very well-trained and specialized at the things it needs to do i.e. shooting, sneaking, but it's more efficient to load off a lot of tasks to the tech and bank on high attribute ratings to help.)
Your choice of cosmetics that can be swapped out between/during runs as necessary.

Skills: 8-12 ranks in shooting/sneaking/gymnastics, no less than 8 in perception, 6-10 in a few other basic ones i.e. locksmith, escape artist, other athletics group skills. Throw in a few points to get around having to default on other stuff.
>>
File: golgo.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>77672523
>>77673160

(con't)

>Gear
Literally whatever suits the challenge and fits the vibe. I'd recommend your assassin at least being able to use and bringing a cyberdeck to run Agents on it for Matrix Perception, tracing, bricking, etc.

Runners, particularly if yours are baby runners, have an especially bad time with explosives/toxins. Surprise is your assassin's friend too.

If they're fully chemsealed up and paranoid - ludicrously well-prepared - but they **really** need to die according to whatever power-that-be?

Have your assassin use their relatively-innocuous outward appearance to offer them a job that will expose them to deadly environmental hazards (which you will telegraph heavily and let them find out about with even moderate legwork.)
>>
File: runnerslayer.gif (2.34 MB, 400x226)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB GIF
>>77672523
>>77673235

As far as Shadowrunners should be concerned, Mr. Johnson has the all-time record body count on the streets.

Unfortunately he's also the one paying your bills.

A "Mr. Johnson" hoping to get the runners killed has no reason not to pay them if they succeed - the job should be something that serves the corp's interests and turn a profit on any employed talent, after all - and keeping up the relationship makes it more likely the runners will come back for another death-mission.

Watch your players cringe when they find out a specific Johnson is reaching out with work this month and then go anyway because they have rent.

This is, of course, maybe not practical if the runners have actually gone straight to ground...
>>
>>77663571
The potential reputation penalties are lower?

Though they may not bother to draw the distinction between them, SR has a very justified hate of mind control Mages. Control Actions may be just about okay, being more like telekinesis.

It's not spelled out very well in the actual magic material, but there's plenty of shadowtalk about it.
>>
File: enemymage.gif (228 KB, 500x341)
228 KB
228 KB GIF
>>77673556

If they've really, really gone to ground... have the opposition start telegraphing and start digging.

Contacts, devices with ownership (always visible to the owner on the Matrix if they're on,) surveillance footage, RFID tags, mages with some flesh to do a material link augury/curse/prodigal spell, corroboration with the use of a fake SIN - there are a ton of options to track people in the world.

If you're approaching this as GM, it's your job to telegraph this stuff to give the players an opportunity to be smart, notice, and avoid it (if they can't stop it - which they might very well not be able to most of the time.)

This is prone to abuse - particularly with the Matrix - so here's an example to follow.

(con't)
>>
>>77649922
My bro made a sterotypical 3rd edition murdertroll as his first SR character. It helped our group fall in love with the setting as it was just so iconic.
Maxed strength and unarmed combat ability, and also carried around a Panther Assualt Cannon. Every run we went on had to somehow incorporate indiscriminate blasting/punching in it at some point to satisfy the troll's RP personality. Our games were very much NOT black trenchcoat, but collateral damage very much was.
Good times.
>>
>>77661214
>Mechanics make sense

Requiring a wifi connection to jump higher is kinda shitty.
>>
File: damienknight.gif (7.77 MB, 356x200)
7.77 MB
7.77 MB GIF
>>77674199

Say they stole Damien Knight's dog and, after getting spooked by a made-it-in-the-news copaggedon response from Knight Errant, disappeared to bolt holes in Tibet. The dog's collar has RFID tags; the team's decker is smart enough to throw the collar in a small makeshift Faraday cage (they want to save it for their Johnson, so no erasing,) but nobody's bothered to check the dog itself with its rather high-rating stealth tag.

That's your in.

You might interpret this to allow KE to immediately jump on pursuing them and be waiting with local authorities in the Nepalese airport 7000km away when they land - let's say they snuck out on a chartered suborbital after dumping most of their gear; but if all they've got to go off of is the tag, I'd advise against it.

Instead, while they get to look at the pretty holes in the ozone layer, Damien Knight is fuming. He's yelling at his Chief of Security and PA. They're trying to figure out what to do. The Ares staff veterinarian messages the PA and suggests using the stealth tag they put in for just such an occasion. Gears start turning; the players have landed and gotten their baggage by the time Knight's calmed down enough to listen to his aides.

A few things start to happen:
Knight either has to invite marks to or transfer ownership of his dog's stealth tag to a variety of people. He probably transfers ownership to a supervisor in cybersecurity because the whole thing makes him mad; this supervisor handles inviting the marks instead.

If they can transfer ownership and invite marks, why isn't he just doing that himself and finding out where his dog is with the snap of his fingers and a Trace Icon action?

Noise.
>>
File: remotetibet.jpg (96 KB, 480x295)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>77674884

(con't)

The runners are thousands of kilometers away at this point (8 noise.) They're in the mountains of Nepal and navigating treacherous roads into the radioactive wastes of Tibet to their new accommodations (probably a spam zone 2 or 3) and the tag itself is probably getting about 1 in noise from its location under the dog's skin (11-12 noise before we even consider direct physical obstructions.) The only reason it's still connected to the Matrix at all here is because it's rating 6 (devices lose general wireless functionality if subject to non-distance-related penalties greater than their DR.)

Knight's commlink is good, but it's not that good; and he's not that good with it. He has people for that, so he hands it off to them. [Tags can either act somewhat like Agents and take Matrix actions themselves, or not - it's left vague in the book. If you want it to Send Messages with GPS info, you can cut all this out - that much is supported RAW.] They have a few in-house options:

1. Try to get through to successfully Trace the tag with their noise-reducing hardware in Seattle - still going to be a very heavy lift, but potentially doable. They can have Spiders working for the company or contractors elsewhere do the same thing.
2. Slave the device to a Host in a WAN to remove distance-based noise penalties; have the Host Invite Marks on the device for Spiders to then trace it through the Host. This is a massive security vulnerability if the tag gets hacked; not to mention they still have static penalties to deal with.

All of the deliberation and coordination around these options and how they'll be carried out is still moving at the speed of people at this point.

The runners leave Kathmandu behind and begin to wind their way through the mountains on cyberyak, the static zone becomes a 5. Then the runners turn a rating 3 jammer on, just because, and the tag fully disappears with a total non-distance limited noise of 8.

What happens now?

(con't)
>>
>>77674712
Looking pretty rustled over +1 die.
>>
>>77674916
The concept of it is senseless. No one cares about dice farming but things like that make world illogical.
>>
I have been out of the loop for a while, is 6th edition good?
>>
File: themark.jpg (39 KB, 429x414)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>77674912

>(probably a spam zone 2 or 3 in, like, Kathmandu)**

Outsourcing/RIGGERS.

Damien Knight loves this dog and is willing to scour the globe for it.

As the runners settle into their new accommodations and start planning Tibetan downtime, a whole bunch of riggers around the world get calls.

"Need you to find a dog."

They all get ownership on this tag. They all set out in LTA craft or gliders and start running active noise reduction over wide swathes of the world off their RCCs with the tag slaved to them, probably with swarms of recon drones around them doing regular sensor sweeps to identify anything particularly sus.

The trick? Even if the riggers have to do this themselves (because you don't let RCCs run Agents, for instance,) this noise reduction applies against the jammer field and the larger static zone.

Here's how you telegraph the threat while they're training their mountain climbing and recovering from the bullet wounds they took during the run: the runners hear rumors from the locals about sightings of strange drones elsewhere in the Plateau, a traveler tells them of a 'missing dog' ARO that has swept metros across the world overnight. They give specific details of the vehicles and drones they've seen.

If the runners set up a satlink and check the Matrix, they can corroborate all of this up until the day a drone/personal aircraft appears over their particular shack. People in remote areas all around report more strange drone traffic; many are complaining about it; and Ares Macrotech has led in making a public statement calling for greater freedom of private and commercial drone traffic.

If they haven't gone so far as to put the dog itself in a Faraday cage at this point, you can say it's on them when they let the aircraft fly by and fly away.
>>
File: opsec.jpg (20 KB, 350x233)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>77675168
No. Somehow more of a mess than 5th in no small part because they completely flattened weapons/armor and tried to make Edge something you use every other round. 5e/20a still better.

>>77675316
(con't)

What's happened at this point: after probably millions of nuyen in expense, more than a handful of false reports, and weeks if not months of time, Damien Knight has found his dog - at the very least he's found its tag.

A several-million-nuyen vatgrown hitman is hardly disproportionate now; and it's only now that the runners have finally decided on how they want to deliver the dog to their original Johnson over in Germany - they're going to descend the plateau and cross the deserts to their north, then catch an automated Old New Silk Road train hobo-style.

Maybe they think they've gotten off scot-free, maybe they already have their suspicions since the drone/plane came back a few times (that's a good thing if so;) in any case they won't have been entirely without hints when the world catches up with them, and you can tell them/let them roll to figure out what's going on if they look into it.
>>
>>77674954
No worse than half the setting. There's enough reasonable bullshit in setting to let it go, unless you don't actually play games and just bring it up to complain.
>>
>>77670079
>>77671465
What about his arm? Just a regular cyberarm with integrated shotgun?
>>
>>77649922
So the max AGI/STR for your cyberlimb is 6 each?
>there goes my Jetstream Sam mk2
>>
>>77675519
Telegraphing with the assassin/opposition itself is also a good idea.

Describe the killbox terrain if he's going to try to snipe the players or hit their lead vehicle/yak with an IED; make sure it's discussed that the killbox is the only half-developed way through the region, prone to past banditry/attacks, maybe the site of a major historical ambush, and give the players a potential tradeoff to skip it if they decide to chart a new course through the mountains.

Or tell them all of this, watch them do nothing on it, hit them with the surprise rolls and have the assassin shoot the mage for wearing a pointy hat.

>>77675572
I've fluffed it as wirelessly offloading to a Host that simulates the maneuver and gives you feedback to help optimize the jump.
>>
File: bang.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>77675632
Customization goes up to your natural limit; enhancements can push it AFAIK. So customization could be 6/6, +3/+3 for 6(9) on the limb.
>>
>>77675632
>>77675740
And if you really want, you can take +2 enhancement(s) and redliner to reach +4, for 6(10).
>>
File: robotarm.jpg (101 KB, 1200x660)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>77675778
You'd have to get an extra cyberlimb (or go full cyber) for that to kick in AFAIK - Redliner gives +1/+1 for every two full limbs.

I'm pretty sure 9 is the furthest he could push it with the one Jetstream Sam arm.
>>
>>77675572
I just threw many of the wireless bonuses to trash. I get the point is to integrate deckers but it is just too gamey to force people to have their gear on for minor bonuses. And then you have the Internal Router which basically just says that the devs didn't know what they were doing either.

Deckers being able to interact with things directly and wirelessly only led rest of the players noping out of the matrix even harder than they did before.
>>
>>77675893
>noping out of the matrix
I don't think it should even be an option for the high end gear.
>>
What happens of you wear an armored cloak over other armor? Do you get a bonus similar to the high fashion coats?
>>
>>77675632
that got me curious. what happens when only your cyberarm is stat 9 and the rest of your body is 3~4?
>>
File: coomer.png (193 KB, 1545x869)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>77676668
>>
>>77673943
I suspect people still don't like mages who body-puppet too much. Probably less than mind mages, but still people would be wary around them.
>>
>>77674712
Some of that stuff is dumb, yeah. But I actually don't mind wireless bonuses as much as a lot of people here do. It gives you an incentive to turn the wireless on, which in turn makes deckers better. Some of the bonuses (boni?) are a bit nonsensical though.
>>
>>77675893
Internal router is okay, imho. It gives you an option to negate the issue with wireless bonuses for a price.
>>77676170
Agree with the sentiment, but what do you mean by high end gear?
>>
>>77672410
>he doesn't use Turn to Goo on himself and sustain it to get through security checkpoints disguised as a bottle of refreshing NERPS

Never gonna make it
>>
>>77679001
>Just a cyberdick floating in a bottle of amber slime.
Never drinking tequila again.
>>
>>77677712
There's no difference to anyone other than magical pedants - the mage casts a spell and can make you do stuff. Anyone who knew that a given mage had either of those spells, and doesn't exclusively deal with them through the Matrix, is a fool.
>>
File: fzhp3srcbmr41.png (768 KB, 2300x1200)
768 KB
768 KB PNG
RIP Daft Punk. A lot of their classic songs and music videos were background to my runs.

https://youtu.be/sOS9aOIXPEk
>>
>>77679208
I don't know about that. You could definitely tell which one was being used on you, and what with brain-texting and all I imagine people puppeted with Control Actions are probably frantically messaging for help. People who've been Control Thoughts'd aren't.
>>
File: 1613446120625.jpg (1.17 MB, 1000x1414)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>77680672
In terms of cultural impact, though. "He forced my body to do stuff" and "he put thoughts into my head that made me do stuff" are functionally identical and both equally frightening.
>>
Guy who asked for suggestions for >>77651170 here, thank you for the recommendations everyone we had a great session. Next request; what's some good ware for replacing someone's intestines? Adept had to burn edge to not die by getting clawed in half by the Shardik.
>>
>>77682709
One is more terrifying in the moment, and obvious. If you never confront what you're doing as wrong, you may never realize it's happening
>>
>>77682746
Cybertorso with replacement organs. Its expensive, so he will probably have to go deep into debt.
>>
>>77682746
you can probably homebrew some bioware replacement organs off of the flesh based limb replacements
>>
>>77680409
Man I've just listened to them while building a runner yesterday. I think it's time to get high out of my mind and watch their anime movie.
>>
>>77682746
Biowaste storage, it's dirt cheap and it's essentially a new bowel, colon and anus.
>>
>>77676668
If your base stats are 3, use an average of 4 for most stuff (most tables use 5 limb, so (9+3+3+3+3+3)/5, the limbs are the arms, legs and torso) but 9 for anything mostly or entirely using only your cyberlimb. Attacks with weapons use one limb, even if they're two handed weapons. Things not using the arm at all just use your base stat of 3 (sprinting mainly).
>>
>>77682746
I'd cost it the same as a cloned replacement for a partial arm/leg. Could do a full limb if you felt like being harsher.
>>
>>77682746
Can't find any reference to organs in 5e (at least not Chrome Flesh or Bullets and Bandages), but in 4e there's this table in Augmentation
Maybe multiply that by 2.5 (most prices there increased between +25% and +220%), so 15k for a Type O organ and 22k for a Cultured organ
>>
>>77682746
Augmented Healing. Restores any fucked up or obliterated body parts, just puts you out of commission for a week and costs a lot. Unless you mean 'ware specifically in the "shady low supply street doc" way

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.