[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1609017691473.png (164 KB, 671x762)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8LhRDMHyA

Is he right? Is this really what everyone wants?
Magical Furries with pets, going on anime/capefic adventires where the stats don't matter and the heroes always live to fight another day, in a medieval fantasty land that's culturally just modern day, and magic supplying many modern conveniences?

Because I can totally write that system for them and make bank. It wouldn't even be hard.
Plus all the grog will be happy to filter them off to some other game. It's a triple win scenario.
>>
File: Koboldjak.png (16 KB, 684x639)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>Because I can totally write that system for them and make bank.
Sure, add to the mediocrity, the companies don't need the help and I don't they'd appreciate it either.
>>
File: 1608566261870.png (203 KB, 600x600)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>76954801
Hey, if little old me can outcompete Wattsey in a (large) niche, that's just capitalism baby.

Hell i think i even have an idea in mind on how to do it, an anon a few threads ago was talking about a hypothetical system where the martials do big anime bullshit using stamina, while the mages would have little nature spirit pokemon to do all their casting for them.

Anyways, if i'm gonna do this, does anybody know the level of crunch they like? Am I aiming for Blades in the Dark, Dungeon World, 5e, or Pathfinder 1e? I'm pretty sure nothing crunchier than that.
>>
It's pointless because the D&D audience don't want a different game that caters to their tastes, they want official D&D. You can make any number of brown sugar-saturated liquids, but no matter how much better they taste, people will stick to Coca-Cola.
>>
>>76955149
Dis right ere, Warhammer/40k is the same way, brand loyalty is a big thing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.