[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bx3oyodCYAAitjU.jpg (119 KB, 600x848)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to EmeraldGrid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>76831373
>"Why not Street Ninja".thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1984 (45% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''Welcome to Neo-Saitama"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr (embed)
* Running Ninja_Slayer.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>Never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>And argle bargle, foofaraw, hey diddy hoe diddy no one knows
>>
>>76949166
>>
>>76949166
Seems pretty based, desu. I wanna play a Street Ninja straight outta Shirow Masamune's wet dreams.
>>
File: Stargate.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>After Deus buggered off at the beginning of 5th edition he construct a 'Spatial Aperature' (a.k.a 'Stargate') in his secret lair, using his crazy AI-God superintelligence.
>Has an entire plot to get space travel so he can do this without getting nuked by AresSpace or the SRS.
>This explains why he didn't seem to actually do much. At first he was busy designing and constructing it, and then he was attempting to build a copy on another planet/moons in the Solar System so he could perform super-science in complete safety.
Does this potentially risk advancing Shadowrun technology too far, even if the science behind the device is incomprehensible to metahumanity? Is it unfair to magicians, since magic can not be used to teleport?
>>
>>76949166
OP, is it so fuckingly difficult to put /srg/ in thread subject?
Actual Shadowrun players, what is the appeal of playing a Troll?
>>
>>76952622
grug
>>
>>76951352
Something not being available to magicians or quasi-magical special fucktards like technos is never bad for Shadowrun. However, space travel generally ruins cyberpunk and advances it to some level of sci-fi.
>>
If I wanted to jump into this game, what edition would be best? I've seen online that a lot of people don't care for the latest edition.
>>
>>76955433
1e
>>
>>76955433
5e or 4e at your preference. 5e leans more toward old-school cyberpunk and 80s-90s style, 4e is more post-cyberpunk and 00s style. Both are full of holes, but no edition is perfect. Both 4e and 5e have a good amount of houserules online to deal with those holes.
>>
>>76952622
Being a big ol' tank.
>>
>>76952622
Sorry for inappropriate question, but when humans were turning into trolls, were their ding-dongs growing proportionally?
>>
>>76957687
No one knows. Either they're proportional, or more like gorillas, or something else.
>>
How hard/unoptimal would it be to play a sort of 'hybrid character' if you don't have enough people in your team?
>>
>>76958356
About half chub.
>>
>>76957687
Probably not. After all, how could they procreate with humans and dwarfs if their shlongs were as large as a mans arm?
And now I have to clear my head.
>>
>>76959481
There's plenty of people with unusually sized and shaped genitals who still manage to get some, anon. Someone would take that forearm. At the very least, other trolls would.
>>
human or elf street samurai: viable? any advantage over ork or troll?
>>
>>76961051
far and away better in every way than orks or trolls if you don't focus on melee
the better question is if an ork or troll anything is viable at anything other than melee and the answer is "not very" because of the enormous cost of being one
>>
>>76957771
>or more like gorillas
Gorilas have tiny penises and masturbate with one finger. Good night, sweet dreams.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>76961137
>>
Going to run a street race session soon- 3 minute lap through Redmond, with 10 unique racers. Any tips to not slow the game to a crawl? Music suggestions?
>>
>>76961094
How, tho?
Different anon, and new to the game.
>>
>>76961632
First is in-universe racism, but that can be a good source of conflict- second is that trolls literally have higher living cost due to their metabolism and size, which can be a real pain in the ass logistically
>>
>>76961094
>ork or troll anything is viable at anything other than melee
>the answer is "not very"
Well that's blatant bullshit.
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 213x456)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>76961632
because of this one crazy chart in the CRB
or that one crazy chart in R&G if you're doing karma buy
they simply just pay way too much opportunity cost to exist
you lose out on being either a 7 edge human, 4 edge elf, or 7/6 edge human/elf + magic bullshit at any priority you could be an ork or troll at
on top of that, trolls pay double lifestyle cost which makes no fucking sense compared to just increasing gear costs given that a homeless troll pays exactly 0 nuyen to get adapted gear but a luxurious troll pays out the ass
>>76961726
it's blatant hyperbole but when I hear "viable" I immediately jump into hyperbole over what's "optimal" and optimally you never pick an ork or a troll
>>
>>76961788
>>76961686
So it's less "They are bad at it", it's more "The tradeoffs for what you get aren't worth it as a pc".
Cool, thanks for your time.
>>
>>76962114
If you absolutely don't want to be a big guy for you, stonk in melee, and haven't figured out some 4d chess troll adept priority choices, then it might not be worth it.
>>
>>76962114
Seeing as AGI is the stat of choice for all guns, and 10 STR is more than enough to get proper Recoil Compensation, there are very few incentives to be a troll other than punching or cutting holes in walls and APCs. Ork is workable with Karmagen, but Karmagen in general is underpowered compared to Prio/Sum-to-10 (would be more fair if it gave 900 karma).
>>
>>76949166
Translation of any Ninja Slayer material when?
>>
>>76958356
Depends on what you're hybridizing.
>>
File: Hound_Master.png (1.04 MB, 1238x940)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Can you run with pet cyborg animal? make animals as smart as human?
>>
>>76967010
Yes. No. Old meme is competing the logic of your dog and your street sam, but your dog lacks Sapience - they're animals that only think like animals, no matter what mental stats.
>>
Is Edge 8 build actually playable?
>>
>>76967916
incredibly so
I prefer edge 7 still solely because edge 8 means you have to be Human (7), and going up to 8 edge only spends 6 of that, so you have to have some variety of magic to spend the last point on (except in karma buy).
>>
Is there a quality that gives you extra essence so that you can attach more 'wares?
>>
>>76949166
so I was looking in the "Cloud File Storage" pastebin, and why is the MEGA folder listed as the inferior option to the MediaFire one?
>>
>>76967916
Depends on the GM. If you're not very competent beyond having Edge 8, then you need to refresh it often.
>>76968059
No.
>>
File: K9-cyberdog.jpg (27 KB, 500x387)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>76967010
Howling Shadows has rules for augmenting your pets. There's errata that gives you the costs/availability for buying different pets. SO yeah, you can totally have yourself a murderdoggo.
There's also nothing stopping you from getting a drone, modding it with a high pilot Rating and Realistic Form 4, and then acting like it's a real dog.
>>
>>76968434
>There's also nothing stopping you from getting a drone, modding it with a high pilot Rating and Realistic Form 4, and then acting like it's a real dog.
Except for the stifled laughter from your fellow runners and Mr. Johnson, who think they just know what you do with it.
>>
File: KD6-37.png (718 KB, 540x780)
718 KB
718 KB PNG
>>76968059
Unless handled very carefully, such a quality would break the lore and the balance. It would make more sense to add qualities that reduce the Essence cost of ware (like Biocompatibility), give you freebies (like Prototype Transhuman), or new Grades (like Gammaware).
I have a 'Synth' metatype in my games which is basically Replicants from Blade Runner. They start with lower Essence at chargen, but get loads of bonuses that reduce augmentation Essence cost.
>>
>>76968479
... play fetch during your downtime? Guard your pad? Therapeutic head-pats? Fight the MAN by biting His mailmen?
>>
>>76968503
The thing women allegedly do with dogs, according to the "you just KNOW" meme.
>>
File: cyber-cat.jpg (7 KB, 232x160)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>76968541
You mean wish they had a cat instead?
>>
>>76968607
I mean they have sex with it.
>>
File: 1609652268171.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1362)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>76968633
Well in the 6th World I guess that's probably one of the more vanilla options.
>>
File: sdasw2a.jpg (257 KB, 1112x641)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>76968633
reminded me of this
>technology!
>>
On a completely unrelated note, is this balanced? Need a higher Karma cost? Problematic gameplay consequences?
>Drone Resurrector
>Karma: 12
>Instead of spending five percent of a drone's (or vehicle's) total cost on spare parts per box of damage when repairing it, the character only needs to spend one percent for each individual Mechanic Test, regardless of how many boxes of damage need fixing. Additionally, the character's own drones are not completely destroyed once one of their damage tracks is completely filled. They are skilled (or lucky) enough to fix normally irreparable damage. The drones are merely disabled until the character can spend time to conduct repairs.
>>
>>76969056
My only complaint's that "Drone Resurrector" is a bit on the nose. Something like "Salvager" sounds better.
>>
Cromwell or Fulcrum for 'ware heavy samurai name?
>>
>>76969056
Perfectly fine. Actually fixes one of the main problems with drones - they're way too fucking fragile to be this expensive.
>>
>>76969238
That was my thought as well, especially when compared to the costs of healing a metahuman. 100 nuyen-worth of medical supplies can heal a person back to full health, but Riggers need to potentially spend thousands for only one condition box? That's just far, far, far too unbalanced.
Although I think I may change the quality slightly just in case I've missed some pitfall.
>Disabled drones/vehicles up to Body 6 can be repaired with a Toolkit, 7-11 requires a Workshop, 18+ requires a Facility.
>>
>>76969318
Err... Make that Body 8, 9-16, 17+.
Too early for numbers.
>>
>>76969318
Drones almost universally have 6 or less Body, so you're only making things less pleasant for vehicles, which already cost a lot. Shop should be enough for everything, unless you're repairing a milspec flying tank like GMC Gryphon.
>>
File: xoFFj.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>76969353
Sort of the intention. I think drones should be universally more attractive for players because currently they are pretty much disposable consumeables (that simultaneously cost an arm and a leg). On the other hand, vehicles can be modded into complete murderbeasts if you have enough money, but at the same time if they do get blown up you've wasted half your character wealth permanently (no takesy-backsies).
And if you have some sort of ungodly 17+ Body BattleBastard, you should probably have the contacts necessary to use a facility, otherwise how the hell can you operate it anyway?
That's my thinking anyway.
>>
Eh, same as before. Any obvious flaws with this quality? Price? 10 Karma at chargen for a +2 bonus, then 10 karma per level during play.
>Wingman
>Karma: 5
>The character may select one drone/vehicle that they own. The chosen drone/vehicle is considered to have +1 Pilot Rating bonus per level of this quality (to a maximum of +6), potentially exceeding the usual maximum Pilot Rating of 6. Should the character wish to remove this bonus and apply the benefits of this quality to a different drone/vehicle (such if the original was permanently destroyed, sold, or placed into mothballs), they must make a Mechanic + Logic [Mental] (1 day) Extended Test, with a Threshold equal to the drone/vehicle's modified Pilot Rating. A glitch causes one box of both Physical and Matrix damage to the drone/vehicle. A critical glitch completely fills both Physical and Matrix condition monitors, potentially destroying it completely.
>High Pilot Ratings are uncanny in how lifelike they can appear, especially if further upgradedwith a Personality software modification. A rating of 5-6 may resemble a small child, 7-8 can appear like a teenager, 9-10 a fully grown adult, and 11-12 an experienced and insightful elder.
>Only up to two levels of this quality may be taken at character generation.
>>
>>76970589
>High Pilot Ratings are uncanny in how lifelike they can appear, especially if further upgradedwith a Personality software modification. A rating of 5-6 may resemble a small child, 7-8 can appear like a teenager, 9-10 a fully grown adult, and 11-12 an experienced and insightful elder.
Your descriptions drop the existing high pilot rating descriptions on their head.
>Advanced Pilot programs are comparable not to dogs, but to small children or, in some cases, adult metahumans.
5 or 6 should already be 'adult'. Maximum should be 2xBase (unmodified) Pilot Rating.
Not convinced there should be more to it than +2 max. That's already saying you can optimise pilot software better than an AI.

Not convinced there should be the option to back out on the upgrade. Spec Mods doesn't offer it - just 'you take a month to recreate your changes if destroyed'.
>>
>>76970772
>5 or 6 should already be 'adult'.
Fair enough, I shouldn't try to contradict what's already in the book. Even if it makes 'human-like' drones easier than I'd prefer. I'll change it.
>Maximum should be 2xBase (unmodified) Pilot Rating.
I like that, it encourages spending nuyen to upgrade it rather than using the quality as a crutch. Changed.
>Not convinced there should be more to it than +2 max. That's already saying you can optimise pilot software better than an AI.
Well I'd like to make the quality available for AI players as well. Not that anyone actually plays AI, since the rules are garbage.
>Not convinced there should be the option to back out on the upgrade. Spec Mods doesn't offer it - just 'you take a month to recreate your changes if destroyed'.
Probably, but in my experience Riggers are forced to switch out their drone compliments as frequently as they have the money to, because they either simply don't have enough room to lug their fleets around with them all the time, attrition, cost, or changing objectives. Rigger's aren't like mage's in that they can whip up a spirit perfectly suited for a task in 3 seconds flat.
>>
>>76968434
Where's the errata?
>>
File: CritterCosts.pdf (84 KB, PDF)
84 KB
84 KB PDF
>>76971701
The German version of Howling Shadows has it (Critterkompendium?).
This post has the list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/62p5yc/critter_prices_from_the_german_critterkompendium/
I've also attached a fan-made version that you may or may not find useful.
>>
>>76971863
>has it
It doesn't. It has a half-completed version that's missing the prices for things like small birds and other things that still exist in 5e and had prices and guidelines... in 4e.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (133 KB, 300x300)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>76971931
Not suprising. When Howling Shadows dropped one of the writers said, and I'm almost quoting verbatim here, "We just assumed fans would make the list for us."
>>
>>76971955
iirc Hardy said he expects runners to acquire animals like pokemon. Despite having options with costs in fractions of the animal's value.
>>
>>76972193
It seems strange that there's rules for during chargen having drone pets, spirit pets, and ai pets, but no pet pets. At least in the English version.
I can sort of understand why there's no price and availability for having metahuman clones, despite them existing in 4th edition, but having to randomly get an animal during play rather than buying one? That's just weird game design.
>>
>>76975949
It's not intentional design. It's just poor ass-covering. Not including a table for buying pets broke things in the same book.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.