[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FinishedOnirim.jpg (631 KB, 2010x792)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
Anyone have some recommendations for some good board/card/tile games that can be played solo?

I'm just on a solo game kick and I want to know what some good ones are. I've got all the oniverse games. Onirim, Sylvion, etc. I adore most of those. I also have a pandemic board sitting around but haven't tried it solo yet since it's been in the closet collecting dust for years. Anyone have much experience with solo board games or games geared as a solitaire experience? Any good ones to keep an eye out for?

Also if you haven't played any solitaire games but might want to try it, look up Onirim. There's a mobile version that's free and can get a couple expansions if you want to cough up two whole dollars. The physical Onirim comes in a box with 7 expansions that you can mix and match at your leisure.
>>
>>76944371
Look up Under Falling Skies, probably up your alley

There is a lot of historical simulation solo stuff but its a lot more complex/expensive. White Dog Games and GMT games have several titles that fit the bill, Like Comanche, Navajo Wars, The First Jihad
There is also Nemo's War.

But I really think youd just like Under Falling Skies
>>
>>76944591
Just took a quick glance. I'll do more looking into it but that does seem pretty interesting. I'm down for the theme too. Thanks!
>>
I'm phoneposting right now but if this thread is alive when I wake up, I'll post a bunch of solo roll-and-write games for you, OP. Until then, if you haven't tried them, I highly recommend the other Oniverse games. My favourite is Sylvion, but Aerion, Castellion, and Nautilion are excellent too.
>>
>>76944371

The Drifter is a nice lazy afternoon game.
>>
>>76945257
I've got all the Oniverse games. I love Onirim and Nautilion. Sylvion is pretty neat. Castellion is tough, don't think I've ever won a full game of that but I still like it. That Aerion one is tough though and I can't figure out any good strategy with it. It just seems like your card economy is super tight with minimal wiggle room. I've only tried a couple rounds though so I'll keep at it. But yeah, I do love damn near all the Oniverse games with Onirim and Nautilion being some top tier shit. I guess I don't know what a roll and write is but that sounds neat. I'll do some digging.

>>76946186
Looks interesting but I'm having a hell of a time digging it up. There's a PDF version but I don't know if that's just the rules for it or not. Would that work or do I have to be hopeful I find it on ebay? I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy.
>>
>>76946186

It’s a print and play:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/295206/The-Drifter?term=The+drifter

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.