[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (33 KB, 546x561)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Previous thread:>>76938001

Star Wars Miniatures Games (X-Wing/Armada/Legion):
>https://pastebin.com/9puqx1ze

Star Wars Roleplaying Games (d6/d20/FFG):
>https://pastebin.com/iUriRfaA

Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG):
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Old Links:
>https://pastebin.com/yUVx32wB

Latest News:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/12/15/playing-the-odds/
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/12/15/hunter-of-spectres/
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/6/support-protocols/
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/6/standing-out/

Who is your favorite female Sith?
>>
>>76943170
>Who is your favorite female Sith?
Jaesa. She killed her master because I told her to and she smirked with glee when I sent her parents off to be tortured to death. That's metal as fuck
>>
>tfw no Decraniated gf
>>
>>76943170
>favorite female Sith?
Kreia
>>
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>76943170
Were there any female Sith aside from Darth Zannah? There are tons of random dark side girls, but were any of them actually Darths?
>>
>>
>>76943257
Darth Talon, IIRC. Cade fucked her.
>>
>>76943257
>Kreia
>Cronal
>a ton from SWTOR
>Talon, Maladi, and a bunch of unnameds from Legacy
>Lumiya and Aleema Rar with an allez-oup
>>
>>76943007
>ST planets are all simple reimagined (and worse) planets from Original Trilogy
>Jakuu - Tatooine
>Resistance base - Yavin IV
>Starkiller base - Death Star (with some snow on top)
>Canto Bight - Cloud City on Bespin
>Skywalker island planet - Dagobah
Crait - Hoth
>Forest resistance base - Endor/Yavin IV
Just because they share the same purpose as those OT planets doesn't mean they're immediate copies, I think some of them can stand on their own and are pretty distinct from the OT planets. Like Starkiller Base as a concept is a Death Star copy but as a planet, it's different from the Death Star and Hoth. Canto Bight isn't even close to being similar to Cloud City.
To me, the problem is that half of them are bland. Only Crait, Exegol, Canto Bight, Kijimi, and Kef Bir look unique.
>>
File: alexander-forssberg-sw1.jpg (259 KB, 1587x887)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
Pitch a heroic Imperial game idea.
>no defecting
>rebels as enemies
>not ironic "they go to moffrunce dark gratings" shit
>hardmode: rebels realistically acting villainous for their goals
>>
File: at-aa-walker.jpg (46 KB, 506x379)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>76943170
>*Stops your U-Wing insertion
>>
>>76943328
Imperial Q-ship crew intercepting Rebel backed privateers and spec ops attacks on merchant convoys
>>
>>76943315
>crait
>unique
>white surface planet with inhospitable environment where a secret rebel base is hidden and then attacked by a large naval force with assault walkers that fight rebel defenders in trenches and long coats
>>
>>76943328
Rebels have somehow nabbed an Interdictor and are raiding major trade routes with it, it's your job to stop them
>>
>>76943328
*preferably rebels as enemies
Pirates, mercs, Hutts, etc. are all fair too.
>>76943349
This is a good one.
>>76943363
This too. It might be fun to run a Rebel party through one of those old WEG adventures where you capture an ISD, then run an Imperial party through recapturing it.
>>
>>76943328
The party are ISB spooks hunting down Saw Gerrera before he can commit a terrorist attack.
>>
File: 1596330504478.png (416 KB, 599x623)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>76943329
I never realized how big these fuckers were.
>>
>>76943328
You are Imperial Army Troopers.

You are on Mimban.

The mud wars have gone on for 30 years. They will go on for 30 more.

Bring 5 character sheets.
>>
>>76943170
>TQ
Ventress
>>
>>76943293
Aleema KETO, not Aleema Rar, stupid brain
>>
File: 1607051869599.jpg (149 KB, 1600x827)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>76943328
>small Imperial Outpost in the ass end of the Outer Rim that nobody high ranking in the Empire gives a shit about
>the party and Stormtroopers, maybe recruited from locals, who actually do the job they are supposed to be doing instead of abusing people
>fight pirates, crime sindicates and weird shit from outside the galaxy
>Equip themselves with whatever they can get since most of the time the Empire forgets the outpost exists and forgets to resupply them
>>
>>76943353
There are differences that make it distinct from Hoth
>Flatland
>Reddish layer underneath
>Crystal Caves
>Crystal foxes
>>
>>76942714
Repostan for this thread
>>
>>76943516
I'd like to see a situation where Rebels show up on a world and get told to fuck off by the locals, maybe even having Imperial partisans oppose them, because the Empire actually does bring peace and order to them. Couldn't last long since the Rebellion doesn't have the resources for a long siege then counter-insurgency but it'd be fun to have the tables turned and see what that's like. Would also give a partisan party a lot of freedom they wouldn't have in a standard Imperial campaign, as well as resource scarcity and overwhelming enemy odds.
>>
File: cover5.jpg (166 KB, 1919x1079)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Jesus christ Battlefront 2 Heroes vs Villains is a broken, buggy mess where half the players are sweating like mad

But holy fuck its fun
>>
>>76943637
Which Battlefront 2?
>>
>>76943558
Crait also had a cracked/craggly surface, compared to being covered in snowpack, and one long cliff-face as opposed to the general hills/mountains of hoth.
>>
>>76943643
The good one 2018
>>
>>76943643
New
>>
File: 3bFcpa1.gif (3.71 MB, 474x199)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB GIF
>>76943649
>>76943558
Obviously there are similarities, but people are substituting the use of the planets in the films for their actually appearances pretty heavily. Battle of Crait is Battle of !Hoth to a much, much higher degree than Crait the planet is visually !Hoth the planet.
>>
>>76943170
Anyone know what the model of the droid we see in the opening farm scene of R1?
>>
>>76943663
>>76943664
It's unbelievable that the game managed to recover and gain a favorable reception after getting shat to hell in 2017.
>>
File: 1568338991653.jpg (322 KB, 820x1117)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>76943328
A Moff has decided to go Warlord too early and the party consists of an Imperial garrison near the border of his steadily expanding territory, and the Grand Moff ain't mobilising because his wife is the Moff's sister who's currently being held hostage on the dissident's homeworld. You said rebel, but you didn't say what kind.
>>
File: gondotrooper.png (161 KB, 763x1032)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>76943328
I think the best you're going to get is a fuzzy area mostly because the state they work for is inherently what it is, you might get some good feels dragging a drunken speeder off the streets, but the other half is going to involve being absolutely committed to furthering the Empires needs, wants and doctrines.
Without question
That's sort of the crux, you don't get a lot of free choice in terms of picking your fights, you fight who you're told to and if you dont, then you end up in the stockade or get a round in the dome for insubordination, negligence of duty or choked out by evil space wizards. You might join up to fight rebels, but the reality is you're there to take by force, solidify your position and maintain security over the area which the Empire considers important. Serendipity might mean you do get to fight a rebel, but more likely its going to be kicking in doors, throwing people out of their homes and their assets are seized because the Empire needs them.

You aren't going where you're needed, you're going where you're sent because the command in place deems it necessary.
That's the big fucking wake up call for people in any military occupation, choice isn't yours to make and the means to make change are also very limited even on a lower and mid-command level
>>
>>76943758
BFII was just BFI, and BFI was genuinely a fun game held back by the fact that it was basically a horizontal-slice tech demo being released at full price as a multiplayer-only title.
>>
>>76943772
Still a valid pitch!
>but more likely its going to be kicking in doors, throwing people out of their homes and their assets are seized because the Empire needs them
Stormtroopers were chill to Tatooine's people despite being on a critical mission headed by Vader himself. They go so far as to knock on doors and politely leave if there's no response. The worst they do is kill Owen and Beru but depending on your lore pick it was possibly because Owen attacked them first and/or Vader lied and said they were wanted for capital treason because he blamed them for his mom dying.
At least when I'm running my games, I prefer a more competent Empire, that or making it and the Rebellion have equal flaws in incompetence and military bureaucracy.
>>
File: 1571804193669.jpg (61 KB, 1000x1000)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>76943675
Wow, this actually looks worse than the effects in the original, it's like the fucking Vader v Kenobi duel all over again.
>>76943798
Yeah, you need to be someone important to have any kind of operational freedom in an Imp campaign, and unless you want to play Game of Moffs you're usually stuck with all the issues of a normal military campaign plus the issues of playing a bad guy campaign all wrapped into one.
>>
>>76943353
>'It's salt'
>>
>>76943848
Let's not forget those soldiers conducting a well being check on Life Day
>>
>>76943848
Meant to quote >>76943798 for the second bit.
But yeah, Palpatine being evil or not doesn't mean every goal of the Empire was bad, or that it'd be all you see out there. Look at TIE Fighter. One of your first missions is stopping Rebels from fucking with medical supply ships they want to capture, regardless of what impact it has on the Imperial world they're going to. In WEG, there's a sidepanel blurb about a Hutt planet close to Imperial space found to have many thousands of human slaves, and Imperial forces liberate it and kick the Hutts out.
>>
>>76943848
Remember that the Empire is an incredibly decentralised affair with regional governors having absolute power and only really answering to the governor above, and the top ranks of them answer to the Emperor but he doesn't really care about their petty squabbles. You can easily have a region of the Empire that's ran by good people that's a pretty nice place to live in neighboring a proper totalitarian shithole with most being somewhere inbetween.
>>
>>76943247
Caysin Bog.
>>
File: 1608577948389.jpg (60 KB, 1080x1080)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>76943516
>>76943599
I'd rather it done as the following to show simultaneously that the Empire is evil but the people who worked for it can be good:
>post-Endor
>stormtroopers who joined up to bring peace and order to the galaxy are now being asked to carry out Operation Cinder by the captain of the ISD
>lead a mutiny, crashing the star destroyer to the planet
>drive off oppressive criminal elements like hutts or black sun or pykes or something from the local populace
>try to live up to the ideals they joined up for and become a heavily armed and well-equipped police force so they can at least bring security and prosperity to this one planet if they couldn't anywhere else
>New Republic characters (Cara Dune maybe?) discover them on their journey only to discover that not all imps are bad and wind up letting them be when they see they're actually helping the backwards planet instead of grinding it into dirt
>>
What kind of Jedi tech could/would we see ABY (fuck the Sequels)

What kind of blaster would a Jedi develop & adopt? What armor might they prefer?
>>
Is this a dumb faction idea?
>Campaign set a few centuries after Endor, sequels not canon
>Some Imperial warlords band together, but none of them are strong enough to outright rule themselves
>As compromise, they use Naboo, being the late emperor Sheev Palpatine’s homeworld, as a rallying point.
>Install the electoral Queen as a puppet figure to be ruled by the Moffs
>Flash forward a few centuries, the monarchs manipulate the moffs to hand over power, centralize rule
>Galactic Empire has mixed imperial and Phantom Menace aesthetics, French/Italian with Japanese influences
>>
Speaking of BF2, word on the street is BF3 is in development (incl. a new sp campaign with the same characters.)

What would be your wishlist?
>>
File: 1582474130173.png (275 KB, 433x476)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>76943958
>Operation Cinder
>>
>>76943878
For sure, everything can be portrayed as being for a good cause and maybe even the morally correct action to take, but I think for an Empire campaign there's going to be some very dark periods of having to do some shit because its both necessary and for a lot of the wrong reasons. Mostly I think that it is important to remember that Palpatine has a literal laser-focus on his objectives
>Make DS1
>Tell senate to go fuck their hats
He needs that to happen with all the personnel and resources at his disposal and that will flow down to his senior command, who in turn make it absolutely imperative that their troops and officers conduct that mission. Otherwise I think you're cheaping out on the whole Imperial Trooper experience, there's going to be a lot of bullshit with very few bright points in that career- in saying that I think you absolutely should run an Imperial game, but bear in mind that making it good is just throwing a biased spin on it and as a GM its a good idea to keep bias out of your decisions.
Make it tough and hard

>>76943853
I think taking some leafs out of the old FFG Only War rpg you could probably get away with it ok. Mostly because the regiment creation and battle buddies system is some good material to base it off of
>>
>>76943987
A setup like the old BF games where the spaceships are actually physically parked in a staging area and you can run over the other side's spot and steal it. No more of this gay powerup shit.
>>
>>76943939
That's really how the whole galaxy should be. People forget the sheer scale Star Wars actually has and how almost nothing would be the same place to place. There are hundreds of worlds where the inhabitants have probably never even ventured outside their own continent or cities. A planet in the Outer Rim might've not had contact with a planet in the Mid Rim for centuries. In some sectors local Imperial governors and Rebel cell leaders go full totalitarian bootstomp and alquaeda ackbar on the place, while in another they're upright peacekeepers and heroic freedom fighters. Star Wars became too samey over the years. It really lost that charm of portraying a galaxy of countless cultures and histories and races and instead became something that feels very small. I don't like the prequels nor George's decisions, but at the very least Coruscant and other places feel alive, different, and diverse like a galactic setting should, which is way more than I ever could ever say for the shitquels.
>>
>>76943975
>Flash forward a few centuries, the monarchs manipulate the moffs to hand over power, centralize rule
By centralise I'm assuming the Monarch becomes the Grand Moff rather a mere figurehead, because otherwise the centralisation kills half the fun of the Empire's dysfunctional ass system.
>>76944029
Eh, never really cared for Only War. Games were too limiting and I don't really like how combat works in the 40k games anyhow.
>>
>>76943975
It's dumb to the point that I don't even understand why. If what you want to play is an original setting donut steel (which is not itself a bad thing to do) why make it star wars in the first place? I hope you at least intend to communicate this setting clearly to your players before they sign up for what they expect to be a star wars campaign.
>>
>>76944029
My idea for a GCW campaign of either side isn't to grandstand one way or the other about morality. You're regular joes in blue shirts or white helmets, you're probably only fighting for a wage and family, and you're being told by a politician far above your station you need to kill your former neighbor, friend, or family member because he's wearing a different outfit than yours.

A civil war situation, in any fiction, is abundant with potential for drama, intrigue, and difficult themes.
>>
>>76944050
This is something that's very, very good about the Mandalorian. Every planet feels different. Not just visually but like the quality of life on every world is completely distinct from the previous one shown.
>>
>>76944061
Not him but I don't see how it's dumb or "not a star wars campaign". The EU legacy era and nucanon are as far removed from the OT as you can get, they're retarded but still 'star wars'.
>>
So what was palpatine's tactical ideal behind the super weapon model
>>
>>76944059
What I meant was that originally the Imperial Throne was left ceremoniously empty, with the Queen mostly having the (ceremonial) honor of running Sheev's beloved homeworld. Eventually the Queens start becoming more powerful as the Moffs continue to lean into Nabooan symbolism, until one Queen consolidates control. Now her throne and the Emperor's are the same.
The idea is that if the prequels and original trilogy have a bright and shiny universe become grittier and worn, then I want to set my campaign in the opposite scenario. The galaxy is coming out of a dark age and warlord state are becoming legitimate empires.
>>
>>76944121
Because it's wizard
>>
>>76944121
rule the systems through fear of getting their planet blown the fuck up
>>
>>76944121
It may not've been as stupid as memes make it out to be. If made fully operational the DS would've been an incredible superweapon. Basically a mobile fortress with a laser cannon that could destroy any ship or fortification in the galaxy, with variable settings from mining rocks to busting planets, and according to FFG it had enough turbolasers and defense systems to be capable of destroying an entire fleet singlehandedly. In the movie they even say the entire Rebel fleet hitting it would be suicidal and they only risk it in RotJ because the DS is barely half-finished.
>>
>>76944061
You ever play Dark Souls 2? It's an indirect sequel, like that. Everything about the originals is viewed with a distorted lense, no one knows that Palpatine was a Sith, the Republic and Empire are still around but are radically different and no one realizes it. Of course what happened in the past still has massive ramifications for the future.
>>
>>76944121
If your strongest platform is a super star destroyer, and you build 10 of them, then even as you command your empire from one of them there are plausibly 9 other people who each have equal military power to you in a worst-case scenario.

If your strongest platform is a death star and there's only one of them, then you are unrivaled by your underlings. Palpatine's planning, from a military perspective, was paranoia.
>>
>>76943958
one non-negotiable- the crashed Star Destroyer must be the backdrop to the local town these good guy Imps end up defending.
>>
>>76944121
Not tactical, strategic. The idea behind the Death Star is that any notion of insurrection will be quickly squashed out by fear of the Death Star showing up. That's why Tarkin blew up Alderaan, to show everyone it doesn't matter who you are.
>Fear will keep the local systems in line...fear of this battle station.
>>
>>76944076
The issue is that with the Rebellion, there's nobody within who isn't in there for the cause since it doesn't exactly have a state or enough money to justify it as a normal career unless you're talking about late GCW where the NR is actually an established government. And for most Rebels you're usually killing some anonymous troops who are almost certainly offworlders from a dictatorial government that must've wronged you hard in order to fall in with an actual insurgency.
>>76944121
I personally think it's just Palp's insurance plan, so that he'd have an unassailable fortress from which to rule his empire, basically what >>76944178 said. Turns out he's pretty much 0 for 3 in both canons, likely because the Force hates his guts and will assist anyone who tries to stop him.
>>76944130
Ah ok cool.
>>
>>76944186
>crashed ISD becomes something like the alamo for them
>speech with swelling music as the party face inspires the crowd reminding them what the rebellion took from them and why they must fight
>>
>>76944121
Literally spreading fear and misery, reading off of a galaxies worth of suffering on par with Darth Nihilus
>>
>>76944214
I fucking hate this explanation
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>76944198
>there's nobody within who isn't in there for the cause
Not necessarily true. They did have wages and were pretty hands-off on looting privileges. They also promised pardons for a lot of pirates and even some Hutt lords among other future favors. Ex-Seps too aren't there for the cause of reinstating the Galactic Republic, they just want to watch everything burn. Then like any outfit you'll inevitably get Animal Mothers who are there because they want a license to kill.

Rebellion is less of a day job than Imperial service but there's still a lot of reasons people joined up with the Rebellion beyond ideology.
>>
>>76944208
>the party face inspires the crowd reminding them what the rebellion took from them and why they must fight
The problem with having something like this is no matter what the Rebellion "took" from the Imperials it'll never equal what the Empire regularly takes from the good people of the galaxy
>>
>>76944214
Honestly the dumbest reasoning.
>>76944121
A mix of tactical - having a giant battlestation that can appear anywhere any time and is all but immune to entire fleets of enemy forces and can house multiple armies efficiently - and strategic - having said battlestation patrol the Outer Rim and anywhere else where secession might run high with the fear of force quelling any would-be insurrection.
>>
>>76944230
Don't tell me you prefer the "Palpatine actually built the Death Star to prepare for the Yuuzhan Vong and it was all for the greater good" explanation.
>>
>>76943267
Nice. Do the symbols have any meaning?
>>
>>76944293
Not him but unironically yes. A chessmaster politician building this weapon of war to keep loyalty for now in anticipation of a far worse threat coming is better than him making a weapon of war because he's evil and wants to kick kittens. As retarded as the Vong (and most later EU) was, it at least gave some vindication to the Empire that there was in fact a regime out there infinitely worse and more genocidal than Palpatine could ever be.

>>76944273
War is hell and everyone fucks up. There's very rarely if ever a good and evil side to war, just a winner and a loser.
>>
>>76943328
I'd do something about a gang of Imps trapped behind enemy lines/in foreign territory and trying to make it back to the main army through any means necessary. Or an Endor survival horror game.
>>
>>76944354
>War is hell and everyone fucks up. There's very rarely if ever a good and evil side to war, just a winner and a loser.
fuck off retard you're not fooling anybody
>>
>>76944356
>the DS2 construction yards inadvertantly leaked radiation from the build work and reactor manufacture, initially it wasn't deemed dangerous to the workers but several months in they reported seeing heavily deformed, man-sized bear-like creatures prowling the edge of the forest staring at them with red, murderous eyes
>>
>>76943663
EA presents: HeroFront 2 is fun but it's not about the soldiers and thus is a shitty Battlefront.
>>
>>76944208
genuinely retarded take, the bad guy at the end has to be batshit Imperials like who they wrecked the first time OR criminal faction #4. The NR is just the "I don't think of you at all" side in all this.
>>
>>76944379
How am I wrong exactly? Do you think there were heroes and villains at the Somme? Or Stalingrad? Or Waterloo? Or the Roman-Germanic Wars? Or Gettysburg? You do what you have to do to win, and it's history that deems whether what you did was acceptable or not.
>>
>>76943558
>Flatland
Like 90% of the battle of Hoth?
>>Reddish layer underneath
So it's a literal recolor, then? Is Crait the higher or lower level MMO mob from Hoth?
>Crystal Caves
Wow, Hoth's ice caves but red!
>Crystal foxes
Boring design for a boring planet.
>>
>>76944386
Shit man, you don't even need to do that. Just go with some of the shit ewoks were hiding from in their treetop homes.
>>
>>76944397
That's just like your opinion.
>>
File: gorax3.jpg (47 KB, 470x441)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>76944480
Reminder this nigga shows up in the Wilford Brimley made-for-tv ewok movie.
>>
>>76944514
Must be a baby version.
>>
>>76944514
I vaguely remember watching these as a kid, are they any good?
>>
>>76944428
>Like 90% of the battle of Hoth?
We're talking about the planet itself, not the battle
>So it's a literal recolor, then? Is Crait the higher or lower level MMO mob from Hoth?
Salt rocks aren't snow
>Wow, Hoth's ice caves but red!
Hoth and Crait's ice caves are nothing alike
>Boring design for a boring planet.
More interesting than a planet that's just a snow biome with a yeti
>>
>>76944637
no
>>
>>76944637
they are, by themselves, a meh fantasy movie. Their actual ties to Star Wars is basically fuck-all outside of ewoks being there, and there being like, a blaster in the very beginning of Caravan of Courage. However, the Witch does seem like an early Dathomir witch--literally using magic.
>>
>>76944637
They had a witch and a band of space pirates turned feudal kings in the second one I think. Wilford Brimley gave them the beetus
>>
>>76944637
It's a generic kid fantasy movie that's about as Star Wars as the holiday special.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (31 KB, 678x452)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
This show is terrible and you should feel bad for enjoying it like the consoomer you are
>>
>>76944637
> are they any good?
Fuck no. Even the goddamn ewok cartoon is more worthwhile than that crap.
>>
>>76944121
It has no military tactical/strategic purpose. It's a Sith weapon designed to feed off the fear of the galaxy. We learn that fear strengths the Sith's connection to the Dark Side. See the Sith Lord Momin who attempted to feed off a planet's fear of his superweapon.

It's funny to see people try to justify its construction by all sorts of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>76944753
It's fun to watch but it really is just fanservice and backdoor pilots: the show.
Give me the Rian trilogy, Disney. Let Rian Johnson direct an interesting Star Wars story completely removed from the trappings of the OT and sequels.
>>
Just finished the Light of the Jedi audiobook. My completely unsolicited thoughts as a long EU fan. This is my first Disneywars novel

1- Once over the initial hump of learning how2enjoy audio books, it was a nice production. Marc Thompson does a great delivery for a lot of the lines, with the Nihil in particular. Marchion Ro is sufficiently a rat-like opportunist, but who is very slow and deliberate, and even his voice carries that "behind the scenes power" vibe. The audio effects like the blasters and occasional music were not what I was expecting, and it was a nice touch. Definitely added some dramatic edge to some scenes. He doesn't do female characters as well, but... well, he's a guy, so. I'd have been willing to throw down a few more bucks if they had a veteran female VA too to bounce lines off of, but c'est la vi

2- Story wise, I've read a lot of people who say the 2nd act of the book is slow. I actually disagree. It's SLOWER, but I wouldn't say SLOW. You get a lot of background info on the Nihil, which portrays them as being very divided. This is reinforced through the book and that particular chekov's gun is useful towards the end. In the "slow" part you have a homestead raid in great detail, holding a planet hostage, and the Republic coming to terms with the hyperspace disaster. It IS the weakest of the 3 arcs because...

3- The Republic characters are in some ways the weakest. Not the Jedi per say, they're jedi and we've all kinda seen them before and know what to expect. But the Supreme Chancellor, decently characterized, isn't super intersting. She's portrayed as competent and gets things done, there's nothing to really HATE about her, but she just kinda shows up, and a hand wave later there is resources at their disposal. She's not even a bad character per se, just not a very interesting one. UNFORTUNATELY she's not alone. A fair number of characters die, and many of them don't get great time before hand, so some deaths you're just like "k"
1/?
>>
>>76944800
it was literally a superweapon with it's own legion strength garrison and accompanying fleet of capital ships if needed. the whole point of it was that Sheev was able to do anything he wanted, and no single planet or system could stop him or else they'd lose their fleet, moon, or fucking planet in an instant. it's purpose is to be so big and dangerous and terrifying that nobody even would want to try and step out of line
>>
>>76944810
Unironically this, he's a good director. The problem was that he had to write on the foundations J.J. Abrams built.
>>
File: 1566846232030.jpg (117 KB, 874x904)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>76944800
>it's funny to do mental gymnastics
It's funny to be averse to logic.
>>
File: look up stay alive.jpg (264 KB, 984x1500)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>76944480
"Welcome to Endor!"
>everything is terrible
>>
>>76944817
Are there any moments to fap to? Not just talking about hot girls, fetishes too.
>>
>>76944800
>It's funny to see people try to justify its construction by all sorts of mental gymnastics.
Keeping order through fear is explicitly its purpose, per the main villain of the original fucking movie. This shit about it creating some kind of metaphysical fear juice for Sheev to suck down like Mtn Dew is pure EU nonsense.
>>
>>76944870
It's not even EU nonsense, it's NU nonsense. If anything it's the EU that tried adding more redeeming angles to Palpatine. But yeah, the fear of force maintaining order and stability is the whole point, not making everyone sad because muh dark side.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (31 KB, 739x415)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>76944753
Who else is betting that the only episodes RLM will like from season two is the frog and Mayfield episode while they hate the rest?
>>
>>76944870
>>76944883
There's nothing logical about keeping a giant space station to destroy planets you don't like. It's an ancient Sith idea. It makes no sense from a military standpoint.
>>
>>76944817
4- The most characterized characters though, generally get their fair share and inner monologues across. Charles Soule is kinda uneven here, where some heroes definitely get shafted. Marchion Ro and Kassav definitely get the lions share of the Nihil time. The Jedi time is pretty well split between different groups of them, but it never feels super wasted. They all get some "cool" moments as Jedi and don't seem bumbling.

5- there's definitely an optimism throughout the book of the Republic characters. It's kinda bizarre compared to most star wars. I can see how it'd turn some people off, because it's basically the peak 40s propaganda poster version of the Republic where it can do anything, and most people just feel so great about being part of the Republic gee willikers isn't it wonderful. That's of course, shattered partly with the disaster, but the overall theme of optimism carries on.

6- The Nihil tech is actually rather interesting in their advantage. They use some sorta parallel hyperspace tech that gives them a unique gimmick, but it later is a double-edged sword. Lets them do microjumps, but that's not something they are really coordinated enough to use WELL past an initial ambush, since they are ultimately unorganized marauders. As a threat, it's interesting enough. Moreso than like the Ssi Ruuk, or Dovin basals imo. I still think hyperramming is the dumbest shit.

7- As far as the disaster, by its own merit it's at least portrayed well. You get the feeling of it being an unfolding disaster, where everyone's going "oh shit oh shit it's getting worse noooo". The first act of the book jumps around a lot between the different people's whose lives and routines are shattered and threatened, and it does its job.
HOWEVER it's ultimately still just hyperspace ramming-lite (technically they aren't in hyperspace). And the tibanna gas thing is fucking dumb too, and really adds unnecessary drama. It's completely gratuitous and self indulgent at that point.
>>
>>76944885
Well yeah, those are the best episodes.
The only fanservice that makes complete sense is Bo-Katan; that being said, I also liked Ahsoka appearing. If they stopped then, it would've been fine. Adding Boba Fett and Luke made it awful.
>>
>>76944845
>it was literally a superweapon with it's own legion strength garrison and accompanying fleet of capital ships
You could have your capital ships do that for a fraction of the cost. This is actually pointed out in-universe. A lot of Imperials were surprised at the enormous waste of money and resources for it.
>>
Why do all of the Star Wars RPGs assume you want to play as the Rebels or Resistance? The Empire is infinitely cooler and more appealing.
>>
>>76944883
It's almost as if Star Wars' universe doesn't stand up to scrutiny upon closer inspection
>>
>>76944885
reasonable. They might like the krayt dragon and Bo-Katan episodes too.
>>
>>76944866
Theres a seen where Marchion Ro plays an ASMR sequence in the audio book to the noise of hyperspace and the narration pauses, instructs you to take your LSD and ecstacy pill, and open your workbook to page 3 and look at it with the included kaleidoscope. You are then reminded not to get the lotion ON the kaleidoscope, and remember where the included tissue paper is.
>>
>>76944883
>But yeah, the fear of force maintaining order and stability is the whole point
1/10

please try harder than this. Last thread you fell flat.
>>
>>76944810
No. & no Jar Jar Abrams either
>>
>>76944848
The Last Jedi is my second favorite SW movie. If oyu don't like Finn or Poe's arcs, that's fine, but what RJ did with Rey, Luke and Kylo is phenomenal. I love the way he writes the force and their characters.
>>
>>76944944
there are two entire core books for FFG that don't involve playing as the Rebels. The Rebel book wasn't even the first one.
>>
>>76944885
who gives a rat ass about the opinions of these failed film makers?
>>
>>76944817
>>76944919
appreciate the take, one of the other players in my group was interested in this for a campaign but none of us know much about the era. Funnily the idea of a Captain America style Republic does me something nice.
>>
>>76944956
it's explicitly the purpose of the station according to its commanding officer
>>
>>76944930
Ahsoka's episode was decent because she wasn't the only thing going for it, the setting was interesting and we got a western/Kurosawa mashup.
Boba could have been good if he was a villain and he didn't just dump his backstory on Din. He could have been the rival/nemesis character and replaced Gideon as the main antagonist since he's in jail now.
>>
>>76944930
Honestly, i thought Boba was alright but that Luke was too much, Boba's a stone cold badass
>>
>>76944913
>There's nothing logical
It's just a goddamn dragon for the good guys to fight. It's a fairy tale about a farmboy who teams up with a wizard and a pirate to rescue a princess from an evil samurai and his army of Nazis. It exists to be a threat, not a sound military strategy.

Star Wars isn't a work of military sci-fi. Its storylines exist to tell a narrative, not present accurate accounts of space combat logistics. I'm not a fan of "bruh just shut yer brain off" rationalizations of shitty writing, but the Death Star works perfectly fine for its universe.
>>
File: 1581114807912.png (291 KB, 396x540)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>76944970
>>
>>76944972
Still doesn't answer why they don't want people playing as the Empire. You can play as anything EXCEPT them.
>>
>>76944970
You will die now
>>
>>76945016
you can easily play as Imperials using any of the core rules, including AoR.
>>
>>76944970
Fool! The Mandalorian, Rogue One, Solo, actually pretty much every spinoff show film and show are the only things from Disney you are allowed to shill!
>>
>>76944913
yeah, no one has ever used overwhelming military force and the threat of harsh reprisals to maintain order before, it just doesn't make sense!
>>
>>76945006
>>76945005
I was fine with Fett's appearance because it was set up and made sense. I just wish he had an antagonistic relationship with Din; I had thought he would work well as Din's darker counterpart. Din is ultimately utterly beholden to his code of honor and is nice to an arguable fault, while Fett is a creature of pure, ruthless pragmatism.
>>
>>76945043
I remember being initially weirded out that Boba Fett would bother going back to Tatooine to take Jabba's "throne". I almost wanted to say it felt out of character, but then I remembered Boba Fett doesn't actually have a character. So fuck it. If they want to make him Conan in Space then fucking go for it.
>>
>>76944956
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>76945040
SW fanboys basically want a MCU post credits scene stretched out for two hours / a season. They don't know what they want and when someone does give them something that truly recaptures the magic of ANH and ESB they scream and cry about it.
>>
>>76944980
it's... weird. I, like most anons, probably am familiar with the Republic as some super distant "fuck off and give us your tax money" power that does absolutely nothing. Here, the Republic is trying to lay down all their great works and foundations in the Outer Rim. Actually make hypercommunications an actual thing, ya know? Chart lanes, etc.

They very much reinforce the latter part. There's one specific family of hypersurveyors (more a clan at this point, like the Sienar clan and its many kids/people) that are very rich specifically because the whole extended family tree is dick-deep into deep hyperspace exploration. They are the Techno Union of Hyperspace and this concept of the Outer Rim being hard to chart properly is reinforced throughout the story on both the Republic and Nihil side. In fact the whole advantage of the Nihil is that they have a sorta "sideways" path through the hyperspace lanes in a way that the Republic just doesn't... yet anyway. They're really, really good at finding routes (Paths, as they call them) that no one else has found yet, which is a huge advantage to the Nihil raids--they are willing to make jumps that would seem suicidal or blind jumps to anyone else, and this is reinforced consistently.

The frontier aspect is played up as well. Jedi have little outposts. Jedi and the Republic rely on essentially patrol corvettes and frigates, not massive destroyers and cruisers. This is a borderline age-of-sail era where the pirates are about as well armed as the Republic defense ships and about as large, purely because everyone at this point is all about corvettes. Idk if that's supposed to mean that there's no infrastructure for star destroyers or not, but there ya go.

Also, Disney:
STOP
FAPPING
TO
YODA
yes he's a great jedi master by now but he's in like, one scene. You don't have to bring him up every few jedi chapters. Also, he hates social functions and probably just chews on his old ass walking stick in his room.
>>
>>76944933
yeah, but you can kill capital ships. sure, it takes a lot of effort, and you'll take a lot of losses, but it's possible. everyone, up to until the moment that Luke sank it from the free throw line hitting nothing but net, thought the Death Star was indestructible. Plus, a fleet of star destroyers can't reduce a planet to a literal asteroid field in a couple seconds, whereas the DS1 could
>>
>>76945101
are you implying TFA and TLJ and TROS truly recapture the magic of ANH and ESB?
>>
>>76944817
Good:
>Some of the individual characters
>Republic world-building
->General premise
>New tech
Bad:
>Way over simplified good / bad characters where they it’s beat over our head how noble or not they are
>Nihil
>Lack of downtime... would’ve liked to slow down + world building
>>
>>76945016
The guy who took over their RPG line late-stage was pretty hard left politically, not just in person but one of the militant twitter types, which may or may not've had something to do with it.

That said we did get an Imperial Cadet and all of AoR's careers could be used for Imperial PCs with very few changes, mainly reworking stuff like Incite Rebellion. It gives surprising detail to the Imperial forces and also has lots of Rebel NPCs to use. And there's already a homebrew duty chart in the trove for it.

The only difficult part of Imperial games is setting up missions where believably the PCs are needed and don't have access to lots of reinforcements or firepower, but even that's easily solved.
>>
>>76944933
>This is actually pointed out in-universe
In dumb EU sources that flanderized it as a meme because it blew up in the movie which must mean it's pointless.
>>
>>76945120
No, I'm saying that TLJ does to some extent. TFA and TROS have likeable characters but are terrible with fanservice. Ironically despite hating them SW nerds love the spinoffs for being basically the same thing but with tweaked aesthetics to match their appeal.
>>
>>76945152
ah, so you're an idiot
>>
>>76943170
>Headless Guy edition
Is that a thing you can do? Does it affect anything?
>>
>>76945109
Isnt yoda supposed to be mysterious and even the other members of his race raise no real answers about him or his kind?
>>
>>76945173
it makes you burst out into a stirring group musical number whenever a protagonist shows up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE
>>
I wish the physical books didn't cost an arm, a leg and a lung in the UK. It'd be nice to be able to flick through them.
>>
>>76945131
Yeah, just have them stationed in under funded backwaters where imperial bureaucracy is an enemy unto itself
>>
>>76945227
Just get ebooks
>>
>>76944980
>one of the other players in my group was interested in this for a campaign but none of us know much about the era.
Not that anon, but there's not too much in the book for RPG purposes. It's pretty tight to the narrative and light on worldbuilding. The few key things I would summarize would be:

>Lots of Jedi. Outposts on random backwater worlds. High degrees of dogmatic flexibility. Civilians recognize them on the straight and breath easy knowing they're around. Villains shit their pants when they see one.
>Decentralized government. The Republic mostly relies on mustered fleets from independent systems. It's closer to being the European Union than to being a strong central power; but in a sort of idealized Europe where national cooperation is at its peak.
>Outer Rim is wilder. Republic hasn't had a presence there for hundreds of years. Currently a strong outwards migration as the Republic is building out; has Wild West / Frontier vibes with homesteaders and the equivalent of the union railroad.
>Lower tech level. Communication is slow and choppy cross-galaxy. Hyperspace is riskier and less reliable outside of the most well-known lanes. Ships jump only from specific entry/exit points in system. Only the brave or foolish travel along the less-documented routes.
>The Nihil are a recent threat. They have a reputation that has emerged from their hyperspace technology, but that is a recent development. Until a few years before the novel, they were an unremarkable outer rim gang like any other.
>The Hutts and Mandalorians are around and strong. They've been "keeping quiet" in recent decades, as of the novel's date, but only just.

As far as a setting guide, that is all the big picture stuff you would need to know (that the book tells us), I think. If you imagine a Star Wars version of ~1910s wild west as depicted in film, that's pretty close.
>>
>>76945206
I've never played warframe before, so what's these guys' story?
>>
>>76945244
>on the straight
On the street. I'm typing this on my desktop; I don't know how that happened.
>>
>>76945249
they're guys who are so deep in debt they agree to go through extreme body modifications in order to work in the harsh environment of terraformed Venus, basically becoming robots who keep their organic heads in their chest cavities.
>>
>>76945261
your brain is an asshole sometimes
>>
>>76945148
The way people get hung up on the Death Star's really cinches my nads. To the point where one the main reasons people jack off to Rogue One is because it explains the ANH's biggest "plot hole". Like nigga the movie pretty much spells it out for you that not only does the Empire know about the exhaust port, but they also know it's a major structural weakness and put in so many contingencies to protect it that it's literally impossible to exploit it without using magic that--at least under the assumptions made when the movie was written--no one in-universe even thinks exists.
>>
>>76945206
https://youtu.be/Ym9saCWYaiM
>>
>>76945173
Basically the "death sentence in 12 systems" guy from ANH, Dr. Cornelius Evazan apparently got all those sentences by removing the heads of innocent victims and turning them into cyborg servants(for if you're a particularly morbid crime boss who wants to make an example of former rivals, i guess), and the headless dude in OP was caught in a terrrorist attack by Saw Gerreras partisans and used as a prototype for the procedure.
Jury is still out on whether that's more or less fucked up than working on making a zombie army for the Empire using some freaky bone marrow-eating worms in the old Galaxy of Fear books.
>>
>>76945321
>hey why are the Rebels sending X-wings down the equatorial trench
>no idea, should probably send Darth fucking Vader to check it out though
>>
>>76945321
It wasn't impossible to hit the port without the force; they fucked it up and failed but it was totally in the cards.
>>
>>76945204
i dunno, his race never comes up. He's just Yoda and they say he's great. Granted, the main guy fapping to Yoda is like a padawan, so he may just be a stan.

>>76945227
how much they run over in the UK?

>>76945125
they definitely coulda waved one of the subplots and let the existing characters breathe, but I'll just have to disagree over the Nihil bit. I liked watching the Kassav-Marchion situation unfold.

>>76944919
Oh one final bit
There are basically 5 fights of note in the book. One is the homestead mentioned earlier, and involves a rather clever (as far as Star Wars average people go) use of droids. The second is an ambush. There are 3 notable space battles, which are done pretty decently though the first one is the weakest. The Big One in particular is actually pretty fun to listen to and definitely gives you the "well this isn't supposed to go this way!" feeling. They don't have the weight of the Battle of Endor or Battle of Yavin, but they do have sufficient weight and stakes. It also involves a Bad Guy Speech better than anything we got in the ST.

the book stakes, despite the large disaster, feel kinda small at times. Like the entire Jedi B plot involves that homestead, which ties in to the Nihil overall plot at the end. It kinda feels like they wanted to have it both ways: They wanted the "Jedi solving farmer problems at the edge of space" tied to "Jedi are saving the galaxy". I won't spoil how it all comes together. The book is constantly expanding and contracting the stakes, opening with a solar system nearly getting yeeted by trash, then going to just a Breaking and Entering raid, back to the hyper space trash... It all winds up tying together, but its up to you if that's how you like your drama to be juggled. It'd be like if midway through ESB, Han and Leia went to assist a Cloud City security guard arrest a guy, which leads to X, which leads to Y, which leads to Boba Fett finding out, which leads to Dinner With Vader which leads to...
>>
>>76945321
This, it's perfectly plausible to have a station like that need a thermal port that as a compromise, leads to the reactor, and I like rogue one but the exact plot point was really not essential and honestly the lack of scrutiny Galen got is less plausible then the weakness being a simple design oversight
>>
>>76945321
Well, it's like Mount Doom. Why didn't Sauron put a grate over the top or wall off the entrance? Plot. But at the same time, it doesn't mean all of LOTR should be stupid or illogical all of a sudden.

Some people say Star Wars can only be extremely basic and its characters must all be cartoony, because the Death Star.
>>
>>76945350
Ah k. ty. Was thinking it might be something people do voluntarily for reasons.
>>
>>76945321
Plot hole? It's a small structural weakness because it's based off the dam busters. Jesus christ fans are retarded
>>
>>76945418
Oh I completely forgot an early, quick fight in the first 15 chapters too (out of 45? 46? not counting epilogue and interludes), which actually is pretty well done. You get the feel of how the padawans view their masters and how they look up to them. Definitely had Jedi Padawan vibes, the YA series where Obiwan was Quigon's apprentice and viewed him at once as a great warrior and also very wise... until Quigon went dark cuz his side ho died but thats a whole other thing.

Biggest complaint: Briefly being in space. I know the jury is kinda still out irl if that's instantly lethal vs surviving a 3 second exposure, cuz there are people who have survived brief high altitude breeches before let alone aliens and if there was a space suit i forgot about (which i think was implied cuz it's mentioned everyone else in their fighters had them, so presumably they do) but i still DON'T LIKE IT REEE.
>>
>>76945448
This post is absolutely astounding because it shows you completely misunderstand the narrative behind the Death Star but also completely failed to grasp how LotR works as well.
>>
>>76945377
>it was totally in the cards.
There was every reason to go for a last ditch attempt (thank fuck SW was 'saved in the edit', otherwise that would go out the window), but even the pilots signing on to do it were doubtful they could manage.
>>
>>76945041
You're falling short because there's nothing on Earth comparable to a Death Star or its destructive potential. Not a single nation on Earth would even attempt to use it.
>>
>>76945464
well, it's definitely a hole
>>
>>76945485
Enlighten me college film student.
>>
File: shutterstock_113857510.jpg (415 KB, 1000x662)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>76944913
>There's nothing logical about keeping a giant space station to destroy planets you don't like
Oh for sure, no one's ever constructed arsenals that could destroy a planet just to maintain a status quo.
>>
>>76945497
Remember when a petition was made for the U.S. to build a Death Star and it gained enough signatures to warrant a response from the White House which was: "We're not interested in blowing up planets"
>>
>>76945497
the US and other nuclear powers have been using the threat of nuclear war to maintain a status quo for more than 75 years now
>>
>>76945505
I'm not even going to get deep into the LotR stuff since this is a Star Wars thread, but suffice to say that there's nothing "illogical" about Sauron not taking paranoid measures to make Mt. Doom hobbit-proof when absolutely nobody, not even Sauron himself, thought that someone would actually intentionally try to destroy the Ring. There's a reason why individuals who refused to even touch it are in-universe considered extremely wise.

On the matter of the Death Star, there's also nothing "cartoony" or "illogical" behind the exhaust port. It's a structural weakness. All huge pieces of machinery have structural weaknesses. You wouldn't call seawater intakes on a ship "plotholes", or the exhaust pipe on a dumptruck "cartoony". It's something the Death Star had to have, which the Empire knew was a weakness otherwise they wouldn't have ray-shielded it and hid it underneath a killgauntlet of laser turrets.
>>
>>76945518
You have room temperature IQ to compare a nuclear arsenal to a planet destroying laser. Especially when we've debunked the "end of the world" myths about nuclear weapons.
>>
>>76945639
>Especially when we've debunked the "end of the world" myths about nuclear weapons
The nuclear arsenal of the US at its peak alone was more than enough to generate adequate fallout to kill off most life on the planet and start a nuclear winter worldwide. The USSR at its peak had almost double that arsenal. If anything a laser that instantly vaporizes a world is better than slowly rotting away from radiation sickness or freezing to death.
>>
>>76945660
>talk about debunking myths
>uses the same ones
>>
>>76945667
>>76945660
Is there a point to this argument?

>>76945586
>>76945505
Do I... even need to ask it about this one?
>>
>>76945682
the point is one anon wants to pick at really stupid nits in an attempt to derail the thread and other anons just can't ignore him
>>
>>76945667
Nignog the fallout of the Soviet tzar bomb spread as far as California in small traces. Its strength was equivalent to about 10 nuclear missiles. The US and USSR had a combined total of something like 100,000. The Chernobyl disaster caused an entire chunk of Europe to become depopulated and it's still dangerous today, and the radiation it gave off was about 1,000 times greater than that of a standard missile. 100,000 = 100 Chernobyls. And consider that even people in Washington state reported sicknesses associated with Chernobyl's fallout. Multiply that by 100, then throw in copious amounts of ash and smoke.
>>
>>76945536
>>76945545
Generally a weapon of that type is better used as a threat rather than an actual weapon. the US has only nuked 1 nation... twice. Even when we had the opportunity to use it against nations that had no nukes, and no allies with nukes (Iraq probably being the best example, or even a theoretical Iran invasion) the US didn't use them. No reason to. they ARE however super useful to keep people from directly invading you. there's a reason no nuke-possessing nation has ever had a full war with another. Skirmishes happen between India and Pakistan on a regular basis and it calms down. US and Russian aircraft, backing opposite factions in Syria, were able to get really damn close without killing each other because the threat of a spiralling war was so high and any amount of effort to avoid killing each other probably seemed worth it. China and India are duking it out with fucking rocks and Mortal Kombat weapons over in the mountains because the alternative is the potential for a real war... which leads to the possibility of a nuclear war, which would end both nation's dreams of global super power status pretty damn quick.

Now, what WOULD be super interesting? A theoretical timeline where the Hutt Empire completed it's Darksaber project and it didn't suck colossal amounts of dick. What would it look like if the Hutts had a super laser, and the IR and NR didn't? Would it spark a Super Laser arms race? Would it destabilize the status quo so badly? What if the Hapans got in on it and had their own?

Superweapons often are more useful as threats than actual tools, if only because inevitably other people develop their own answer, and now you're at a zero sum game where if you NEED them, you're kinda walking down the road to destruction anyway.
>>
@76945713
kek
>>
>>76945730
>Generally a weapon of that type is better used as a threat
I mean, this is pretty much exactly what Tarkin said the Death Star was for. Granted, I also don't really think he or by extension the Empire at large really cared about playing a "zero sum game" because as far as they were concerned the Death Star was unassailable. The only guy who thought differently was basically laughed out of the room.
>>
>>76945244
thank you for tipping some more info for me, I think the big vibe we were getting is that'd make a party of Jedi more fun (I'm the one holdout who prefers non-Force stuff like EotE or AoR but that's because I am secretly too dumb/lazy to get my head around the force mechanics). The setting sounds really playable from what I've heard (even if we'd be reskinning a lot of stuff) and if I understand it Seeker Navigator and the Fringer, and Astrocartography checks become a whole magnitude more important.
>>
>>76945765
good retort

>>76945774
The quote as elaborated in other sources was "the fear of force, not force itself, will keep the local systems in line", which is how every single country with a standing army ever has operated.
>>
>>76945418
>how much they run over in the UK?
Some are up to £100 on Amazon (with most of them being sold out) or $60 + $68 S&H from FFG's website.
They're around £45 from hobby stores, but every store I've checked has sold out and isn't expecting any new stock.
>>
>>76945809
Which is a lie given how many times he used the Death Star. Tarkin/Palpatine were just getting started
>>
>>76945857
>Tarkin/Palpatine were just getting started
Tell me where the movie indicates this.
>>
>>76945857
I don't think they realized that one of their own planets was sleeping with the enemy though.
>>
>>76945867
You honestly expect the Empire to be responsible with a planet killer after targeting civilian centers?
>>
>>76945867
Well if they're willing to nuke one core world because there's a rebel cell hidden among its government, rather than just arrest those responsible, why wouldn't they just keep doing that?
>>
>>76945941
>Well if they're willing to nuke one core world because there's a rebel cell hidden among its government
I know the EU says this is the case but just looking at ANH in a vacuum, Tarkin seems like he's blowing up Alderaan just to personally spite Leia before finally executing her. He's just that fucking petty.
>>
>>76945965
>He's just that fucking petty.
I mean the man landed on protests and sniped his chief rival with the Death Star
>>
>>76945914
>>76945941
I'm asking where in the movie it's indicated they were going to do it on multiple, non-Rebel worlds.

>>76945965
It makes less sense that he'd risk his entire livelihood on spiting some Rebel bitch for no real reason. I think Tarkin wanted to prevent the same kinda war he had to live through before. An arrest or even invasion creates martyrs, you only fuel the fire. An instant, total annihilation of all resistance though, that stops it dead cold. Or at least that's what he thought. One planet of thousands was a sacrifice for a galaxy at war, I guess.

>>76945994
>landed on protesters
Their own fault. Go try forming a blockade to keep a country's leader outside of their office, especially if you're acting violent. You WILL get beaten or shot. If you don't dodge a slowly landing shuttle, that's on you.
>sniped his rival
Dumb sequelshit.
>>
>>76945914
The goal of the DS was to keep order through fear of force, not go around blowing up worlds at random for fun just because they could. It's nonsensical memeing.
>>
>>76943853
Vader vs Kenobi reimagined is great you faggot. The duel was brought in line with the excellent choreography of the ST.
>>
>>76946018
>non-Rebel worlds.
jedha was under imperial control as was Scariff and Alderran
>>
>>76946056
>The goal of the DS was to keep order through fear of force,
Which was a lie.
>>
>>76946018
>blowing up the entire planet regardless of how many imperial officials or loyal civilians that are unaware of the secret rebel sympathizers in the local government somehow makes less martyrs than just arresting the actual rebels.
>>
>>76945815
Hot damn, why?? Covid import restrictions or did not enough get printed?
>>
>>76946116
Not the sequels, the OT.

>>76946134
Show me proof in the OT that it's a lie.
>>
>>76945994
Headshotting your rival with the DS was a chad move tho desu
>>
>>76946150
Plus let's remember that apparently the Empire was unpopular enough in its own turf that Imperial officers were legitimately concerned Princess Leia's arrest would be enough to turn the Senate against them. More and more it seems like the original concept of the Empire was it was just a bunch of semi-autonomous warlords operating under the nominal authority of a recluse emperor.
>>
>>76946172
That it was.
>>
>>76943247
A gay, legless, headless cyborg, according to wookiepedia.
>>
>>76945857
>given how many times he used the Death Star
literally once to establish that the threat is real? Although I'll grant you that they were planning to use it on Yavin IV.
>>
>>76946248
Made by the finest criminal mind
>>
>>76946091
inb4 someone posts that Snoke guard dropping his dagger
>>
>>76946151
The books are a few years old now and likely out of print. (Quick Google search says that FFG are gonna stop producing their RPG products soon).
>>
>>76943675
>four times as many lasers than what's in the actual scene
>the completely unnecessary addition of stormtroopers rappelling out the side of the walker
Jesus what the fuck is the point. Why do so many of these edits always just involve shoving a bunch of crap into the scene for no reason. How is this an improvement?
>>
>>76946248
i was honestly kinda mad they made that cool background character from Rogue One his bf. We could've had a cool ex-lawman but no, he has to fuck a headless man.
>>
>>76946253
And Chandrila and Mon Calamari. Another core world because its senator defected. Smart move mr.empire
>>
>>76946285
they're made by millennials who grew up with the special editions and the PT and thus think "more shit on screen=more epic-er"
>>
>>76946294
that's not stated in any movie
>>
>>76946263
>>
>>76946294
Literally never stated. Yavin 4 as far as can be seen is uninhabited except by rebels.

>>76946194
Well yeah, a high profile senator defecting could cause a lot of political disunity. It doesn't indicate the Empire's unpopular.
>>
>>76946365
>>76946317
Did you miss Alderaan got blasted because of spite? An Imperial core world for no strategic or tactical reason.
>>
>>76946381
>leia is a member of the nobility of alderaan
>leia is a high ranking rebel
>leia is a high ranking senator
>>
>>76946387
That justifies killing 2 billion imperial citizens?
>>
>>76946418
No number's ever given, and no, but it wasn't spite.
>>
>>76946381
a demonstration of the Death Star's power in order to show the rest of the galaxy that yes, the Empire will blow your planet the fuck up if you even think about rebelling.

The Death Star was used LITERALLY ONCE in ANH, with an second usage planned. Nowhere is it stated that other Rebel-sympathizing worlds will be destroyed after Yavin IV (or at least, it is implied they will allow the systems a chance to fall in line once the Rebels are broken).
>>
File: Abandon thread.gif (1.71 MB, 589x250)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>
>>76946454
it basically was spite. The existence of possible Rebel sympathizers was a bonus, not the primary goal.
>>
>>76946473
If you say so.
>>
>>76946365
>It doesn't indicate the Empire's unpopular.
Per that guy talking to to Vader in ANH:
>"Holding her is dangerous; if word of this gets out it could generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate"
Leia makes a similar claim when she first confronts Vader. When Tarkin announces the Senate's final dissolution, he makes it clear this means he and other members of his rank now have complete control instead of apparently jostling for it with the Senate.

This seems to imply the Empire's use of "governors" (read: warlords with posh accents) was really getting under the Senates' collective skin, likely because they felt things were getting too police state-y. I dunno, a lot of little details like this make me feel like the Empire was never quite as centralized as the the EU and eventually the Prequels made it out to be. Older, pre-PT novelizations of the OT even say Sheev was something of a shut-in and military contractors held most of the real power in the Empire by RotJ.
>>
>>76946482
It was literally used as psychological torture to get Leia to give up the Rebel base

then she gives up Dantooine and he does it anyway because fuck you
>>
>>76946525
>then she gives up dantooine
You mean she lies, which she does multiple times throughout the movie. There's no reason to trust Alderaan was defenseless.
>>
>>76946568
"Ensign! Look out the window! See any planet killing weapons or navies?"
"Just us, sir."
>>
>>76946568
wow, torture makes the victim more likely to just tell you literally anything in order to get you to stop torturing them rather than anything useful, and is therefore almost purely an act of SPITE, who knew
>>
>>76946568
There's nothing you can say to justify destroying a planet vatnik
>>
>>76946525
I always figured it was a bit of column A and a bit of column B. Tarkin wants to make an effective demonstration of his weapon so that star systems will fall in line with him and the other governors. Fragging a highly populated member-world of the Imperial Senate certainly sends that message. It also devastates Leia, which probably made Tarkin all the happier.

>There's no reason to trust Alderaan was defenseless.
Let's be real here. Even if Leia was lying about Alderaan having no weapons, pretty much anything and everything is defenseless against the Death Star. The Rebels only killed it because they had its actual blueprints.
>>
>>76946568
It was still an act of genocide on a Jewel of the galaxy, and one that ensured no evidence it was funding the rebellion could ever be found
>>
>>76946656
Why does Vatnik bootlick for the Empire so hard anyway? Did he just swallow too many red pills at once?
>>
>>76946568
>"would you prefer another target? a military target?"

hmmmmm...
>>
File: 1590012117529.jpg (599 KB, 1455x1179)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>76946722
Some people are so butthurt over the Disney buyout that they can no longer enjoy Star Wars (if they ever did) and insist on spending every waking moment of their lives making sure nobody else enjoys Star Wars either.
>>
>>76946825
why dont people talk about tabletop games ih the /tg/ thread?
>>
>>76946722
probably just basic baiting to derail threads
>>
>>76946843
Ego padding. How else could they show how muscular and fuckable they are? They'd rather keep posting the same bullshit about a long gone namefag whenever someone disagrees with them. Or complaining about how you're a total faggot for liking Kreia or something. Sometimes, to mix it up, they'll start calling everyone secretly part of red letter media for some reason.
>>
>>76946843
Did you not read my post? The point is to STOP people from discussing the thread topic and to get people talking about HIM so that he can be validated. All efforts are focused on that sole end, and there is exactly one way to stop it.
>>
>>76946843
Because most of the thread users are mainly RPG guys and as such like to engage moreso in bouncing ideas that discussing mechanics, and also because /co/ and /tv/ crossboarders are infesting the thread since /swco/ got nuked and Mando got a bunch of /tv/fags over here somehow.
>>76946885
Vatnik was just a serial shitposter, not a namefag. The RLM shit is a surefire way to spot a /tv/fag.
>>
>>76946925
why do you insist on namefagging like a faggot
>>
>>76946925
I've been browsing /swg/ since years before the ST even came out and I can tell you it's always been like 90% movie/show/book/comics discussions and skubshitting about which spaceman faction is better.
>>
>>76943961
Jedi don't develop technology. They buy shit.
>>
>>76946290
It's honestly a really bizarre choice to have your gay couple be represented by a character who has no capacity for sex. I unironically feel like you'd have a more convincing dynamic if they were just serious bros instead of lovers.
>>
>>76946984
I dunno, Tholme and T'ra Saa were a romantic couple and T'ra Saa is a fuckin' tree. Romance does not necessarily require sex.
>>
>>76945206
These guys are only heads though. That's like the opposite.
>>
>>76944130
You know, the Naboo monarchy isn't solely female. The previous couple of monarchs before Padme, Veruna and Tapalo, were both dudes. Just so you know
>>
>>76946934
To piss you off anon.
>>76946943
Discussing those things (minus skubshitters) is always relevant since there's always shit in there to use for games, talking endlessly about RLM and Disney and Lucas doesn't. The ST doesn't really have much to mine for games, but a lot of the other Disney shit does.
>>
>>76946943
we need more armada players
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (17 KB, 450x253)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>76943328
If you were a true Imperial, you'd accept that every loyalist Imperial game idea would be heroic, whether it's performing honorable guard duty for a Mofference of the state's chosen heroic leaders, encouraging the reporting of traitorous wrongthink, or razing a city full of suspected Rebels under the orders of your infallible superior officer. The only virtue is service to Emperor Palpatine and the only sin is disobedience.
>>
>>76947002
they still have at least partially flesh bodies, they just carved out their chest cavity and replaced their head with a robot head
>>
File: kyle katarn-weapons.jpg (53 KB, 443x373)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>76943961
A blaster is a blaster is a blaster. A Jedi gunsmith might know how to make guns, but the guns he smiths are no different than everything else on the market. The NJO uses whatever gets the job done, whether it's a concussion rifle, E-11, assault cannon, or rocket launcher. A Jedi must be ready for anything, so his wardrobe and arsenal must be flexible to fit the mission's needs.
>>
File: 1606259307360.png (187 KB, 400x750)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>76945206
>AND WE ALL LIFT
>AND WE'RE ALL ADRIFT
>TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
the one good thing besides art design that Warframe ever made
>>
>>76946952
What about the Jedi Starfighter & armored Jedi robes?
>>
>>76947151
The Eta-2 and Delta-7 were designed by Kuat Systems Engineering. Slapping armor plates on top of cloth isn't much of a "development" either.
>>
>>76947151
weren't the armored robes just clone trooper armor slapped on top of robes
>>
>>76943975
A warlord Faction puppeting the Naboo Monarchy during the Imperial Civil War or the Sith-Imperial War is way stronger than waiting a few centuries for a special snowflake hybrid to birth.
>>
>>76947170
>>76947181

Okay so what tech would the modern Jedi adopt?
>>
>>76947226
StealthXs
>>
File: Archer_armory_03.jpg (102 KB, 853x480)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>76943961
To echo the other anon, Jedi don't exactly develop stuff like blasters
JKA gives a good idea of their procurations for equipment. BlasTech weapons for basic blasters (pistols and carbines), and a few specialized gear for specific roles (a disruptor rifle, interestingly enough, is available for their use; access to genuine, if mass produced, Wookiee Bowcasters, an EMP Gun, etc.).
Clone Wars Jedi used GAR standard issue as another frame of reference, aside from a few that had personal sidearms acquired privately. Temple Security Forces used the same equipment as OG BFII's Rebels, so DH-17 Carbines, DLT-20-esque rifles, MerSonn launchers, DL-44s, etc.
So tl;dr Jedi have their own contracts and armories of available equipment, plus might have access to the military standard issue/surplus
>>
>>76947226
Letter-wings, New Republic infantry weapons, whatever other personal starships and guns people bring in. Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr both have big collections of assorted guns from their travels. StealthXs are frequently associated with the NJO since they can get around the comms blackout that their stealth system requires, but they are by no means Jedi-exclusive (Wedge and Tycho use them) or the only fighters in the NJO motor pool.
>>
>>76947274
Wedge and Tycho used them literally once, not as stealth craft, and I'm pretty sure they had to borrow them from the Jedi.
>>
>>76947326
Considering that both Allston and the EU died shortly after Mercy Kill, there really wasn't another opportunity for them them to fly StealthXs a second time.
>>
>>76947374
a fair point but the point stands that they still had to borrow them from the NJO (which had even split off from the GA at that point, I believe), they weren't made for the GA and gifted to the Jedi like Aethersprites and Actises were with the OJO.
>>
Something I always wondered about jedi in fighter crafts is if being a jedi/using the force granted a noticeable boost in performance as a fighter pilot. Would it be like a newtype boost?
>>
>>76947646
What the fuck is a newtype boost?
>>
>>76947646
Force powers do play a role. Precognition, greater situational awareness, heightened reflexes are generally the most common gimmicks among Force-using pilots. Luke in the Thrawn Trilogy also used the Force to confuse enemy TIE pilots IIRC. Then there's all the Force stuff you get in XWM.
>>
>>76947697
anakin was able to participate in the pod races despite both his young age and humans beign seen as ill suited to the sport due to his immense force connection
>>
>>76947780
>and humans beign seen as ill suited to the sport
Kind of a silly belief to have seeing as humans are perfectly capable of the much more dangerous and fast-paced profession of flying starfighters.
>>
>>76947646
I always wondered myself why do Jedi never wear pilot suits or helmets for that matter. Is there even a life support system in their fighters?
>>
>>76947794
transferable skills are a myth, pod racing and starfighters have zero overlapping skills
>>
File: Luke_Skywalker_pilot.png (1.13 MB, 1008x1954)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>76947821
>why do Jedi never wear pilot suits or helmets
Plenty of them do it on the reg.
>>
>>76947821
They just use the Force lmao
>>
>>76947794
there's a lot less to crash into in space
>>
>>76947848
The galactic piloting community has a collective fetish for plunging head-first into tight tunnels, canyons, and trenches. And I swear that the flight sims' developers have a sneaky kamikaze setting that worms its way into some of the AI pilots because XWA's TIE/LNs and A-wings just love ramming my ship.
>>
File: Lightsaber_Rifle_1.png (289 KB, 360x450)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>76943961
this gay thing
>>
>>76943961
If I were to try and fix >>76948416 I'd make it like the trace rifles from Destiny 2, namely pic related. Prometheus Lens focuses a beam through a fancy crystal that creates a burning laser that blooms at the point of impact the longer it is held down. Though, the idea of using force crystals for anything BUT lightsabers would probably put you closer to sith or force agnostic territory since jedi tend to deify the things.
>>
File: EeWtDhKXYAAhgGN.jpg (60 KB, 700x525)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Just reread TOTJ Redemption. It bugs me that the Sunrider family were cucked out of any major action because of their surname being a copyright issue, Bastila should've been Vima like they originally planned. My personal headcanon is that the Sunriders and the Shans are one and the same though, even if that requires overlooking Bastila's parents not being Jedi (although her relationship with her mother echoed Vima and Nomi's situation a little bit).
>>
>>76948531
>since jedi tend to deify the things
That's mostly just the OJO. The EU NJO was the kind of place where you could find Jedi who built lightsabers out of speeder bike parts or crystals fished out of broken old holoprojectors. Though a beam rifle that uses lightsaber crystals still seems like the kind of thing that should be limited by cost, instability, hazardous heat buildup, or extreme unreliability. That way, a party's Jedi can't just cheese fights by performing the SaBinring Special on every wall and floor.
>>
>>76948567
pretty sure Jolee brings up knowing Nomi or Vima
>>
>>76948597
Yeah, I'd treat it kinda similar to plasma weapons in 40K: powerful as fuck, but has a small tendency to atomize its users. I'd also say overusing it slags the damn thing unless you give it time to cool off and you'd need to find new parts and a new high spec heat sink to use it again.
>>
File: Kyber pass yeet cannon.jpg (123 KB, 960x647)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>76948531
Using a Kyber crystal in energy weapons would be tricky, but if you can find a way of harnessing that massive energy amplification you get with them it could cut out a lot of the extra gubbins and doodads that go into something like a blaster or laser.
Then comes the fun of figuring out if a pure energy dump or constant stream is more better for more killing

Sure the Imperial weapons division has fucked around with something like that
>>
File: 1200px-H4-SpartanLaser.png (352 KB, 1200x455)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>76948718
>Sure the Imperial weapons division has fucked around with something like that
Well you've got the Death Star. As much as the "miniaturized death star tech" line had me rolling my eyes in TLJ mostly thanks to the delivery I think, but goddamn did that line grate on me, it makes perfect sense every officer on board the DS would want that kind of dickwaving power strapped to his hip.
>Then comes the fun of figuring out if a pure energy dump or constant stream is more better for more killing
Both would have their appeals. Do you want to cut a line through advancing infantry or just plain yeet a vehicle out of existence?
>>
>>76948746
The real question here is, how many stupid lightsaber beam cannons can we mount on the biggest walker in the motor pool (probably an AT-MC6) and still have enough free tonnage to hold the engine? Forget armor, forget heatsinks, just link your ejector seat and alpha-strike to the same hotkey and point it at something you want deleted.
>>
>>76948746
They might have done some scaled down ones for star destroyers too, but Advanced Weapons Research did all manner of retarded shit so its a little hard to keep track of the madness which essentially surpasses anything dreamed up in a zillion fan-art designs. Having a man-portable or mobile super laser with lightsabre tech is actually 'almost normal'
Could make for a fun mcdangly shiny thing to run a few games around with the AWR doing field testing somewhere
>>
>>76948799
Would make for a fun reward for a post-ANH or post-ROTJ era game. Rebels catch wind of a research facility working on some secret squirrel shit, you get to either sic Death Cannon Troopers on your party or have the Moff using the only finished prototype and let them keep it afterwards. Keep it at least as big as an E-WEB and have it take a turn to set up or pack up and have it overheat or slag out after too many shots.
>>
>>76948789
New TIE variant that's just a pod and multiple crystal cannons that flies just by firing all cannons at once
>>
>>76948832
I was thinking that some pc's are relaxing on some podunk, backwater shithole when some big drop ships land in the hills nearby
>tripod walkers with heavy shields
>freem the town they're in
>good job, test done
>wander the fuck off back to AWD sekret base with the data
>>
>>76948841
Raith no!
>>
>>76948859
The trick would be giving it something to differentiate it from the spider tank, both in looks and devastation. Which is I guess why the handheld or closer to handheld take is more appealing to me: being able to pack the punch of an armored tank in the palm of your hands is what every general salivates over. Even if you add massive drawbacks to it in the form of constant overheating and the occasional user getting disintegrated, it'd absolutely be worth pursuing for that reason alone. It also makes sense for the power to be devastating but not death star devastating since you're only using one crystal since attempts to use more ended up with the entire testing team plastered across the walls and ceilings of the testing chamber
>>
>>76948746
>As much as the "miniaturized death star tech" line had me rolling my eyes in TLJ
Miniturizing the death star's 'superlaser' is one thing, 90% of the internal volume of the Death Star was it's fuck-huge reactor and generator, along with all the equipment needed to run a fuck-huge reactor and generator. The superlaser was a small percentage of the Deathstar.

That implies that there's been some kind of technological revolution where powerplants in TLJ are 1/100th the size of the Republic/Civil War era. That or ships now have powerplants 100x more powerful than they used to.
>>
>>76948944
And despite losing Ilum, they still had tons of kyber crystals just laying around. But really, I think it was just the laziness of the line. Just, lets throw more death stars/"death star tech" at things to make the FO look more imposing.
>>
File: MC75.jpg (180 KB, 1600x1137)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
MC80, winged MC80, or MC75 for armada?

might finally end up buying into the game past the core set after so long, but i need a good centerpiece for the fleet
>>
>>76949182
winged MC80, best Mon Cal ship
>>
>>76944257
You don't even have to discount ideology - Saw's Partisans subscribe to the ideology, they're just wildly divergent from the Rebel mainstream in terms of methodology and morality.

My go-to tabletop Rebel cell basically got started as a revenge campaign by some escaped slaves in the early years of Imperial rule, and when they eventually link up with the "proper" Rebellion they end up being so unruly(being led by a Besalisk, an angry Ugnaught, and a borderline alcoholic Wookie will do that) they get shuffled off into Rebel Intelligence as an "itinerant partisan cadre" where they can dump all the burnouts, washouts, and discipline problems from the Special Forces units. They pretty much bumble about doing what they like and command leaves them be so long as they keep them informed, stick to mostly attacking the Empire, and don't get killy or rapey with the civvies. After the NR is formed, they end up as semi-sanctioned privateers conducting raids on warlords and remnant factions.

The Rebels were a lot bigger and more organised than some people will acknowledge, but they were still so massively outclassed by the Empire that they couldn't afford to be *too* picky, I wager they had quite a few "arms length" groups who got support and funding/supplies from command so long as they agreed not to get too out of hand - a qualifier that leaves plenty of room for shenanigans - in the field.
>>
Just watched Shroud of Darkness and Twilight of the Apprentice P1 and P2.

For a /tg/ related topic, have y'all ever ran crazy mystical Force related stuff in the same vein as those episodes in your games? Ancient temples, visions, UNLIMITED POWER sort of things?
>>
>>76944944

Generally, playing as the Empire would mean "Welcome to the Machine". You go where you are told, you only have the gear you are issued, and follow orders. Furthermore, your entire party will be human or near-human (due to the Empire's Human High Culture).
The only way that you avoid this situation is to be reasonably high-ranking special operations sorts (ISB agents, Inquisitors, special force troopers in a variety of flavours), but this then opens up a bigger problem. The second you aren't mooks in the machine, you are carrying authority in a system which can bring overwhelming force on demand. Aside from doubling down on the Empire being a dysfunctional mess with spiteful Moffs and flag officers unwilling to cooperate with important business, there's no way out of simply saying "Gee, this Rebel cell is very dangerous! Call up the Star Destroyer and blockade the system. Get the local garrison moving, we'll need their walkers to crush their outpost."
>>
Are droids hated and feared in your games?
>>
>>76949701
only if they are an obviously dangerous model like an assassin droid or BX commando droid

GNKs, astromechs, medical droids are generally treated well even if they arent allowed in bars
B1s are mistrusted due to being the face of the separatists, but no one really fears them
>>
>>76949729
But any of them could get enough of a personality to rebel and conquer the galaxy if they aren't given hourly memory wipes, right?
>>
>>76947916
I assume spaceships have flight computers that help flying through environments like that, while in a podracer all you've got is your wits and the steering wheel
>>
>>76949786
other than a weaponized GNK who enjoys murder a little too much, there hasnt been a rebellion yet
>>
File: The based timeline fix.jpg (750 KB, 2944x1712)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>76935315
The timeline has been fixed anons!
>>
>>76949182
All 3 are good.

MC80 is a slow, defensive broadsider with well rounded attributes. Winged is an offensive flanker specialized in forward firepower and mobility. MC-75 is an offensive brawler with well rounded attributes. Which of those sounds most fun to you?

>>76948944
The full scale death star zapped planets, the "miniaturized" tech took ages to melt through a metal wall. I think that being a directed, maintained energy weapon was maybe its main breakthrough?

>>76946463
Reminder that this was Grievous leaving after sealing two jedi and the enemy leader inside the command room of the ship and sending said ship on an irreversible re-entry course with nigh zero odds of survival, after which he drifts to another command ship to continue overseeing the battle. This was NOT cowardly running away, which is something RotS Grievous never does, but rather an invention of TCW.
>>
MIKE ZEROH HERE COMING AT YOU WITH ANOTHER LEAK FROM MY GUY AT LUCASFILM

NOT ONLY IS THERE A CIVIL WAR GOING ON AT LUCASFILM BETWEEN KATHLEEN KENNEDY, GEORGE LUCAS AND JON FAVREUA BUT THERE IS ALSO A NEW LEAK THAT LUCAS AND FAVREUA WILL BE RETCONNING THE SEQUELS WITH THE WORLD BETWEEN WORLDS

THIS IS LIKE THE TENTH LEAK IVE PUT UP IN THE LAST HOUR, AND I KNOW THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME IVE SAID IT, SO TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. BUT YOUVE HEARD IT HERE FIRST...THE SEQUELS ARE DEFINITELY BEING RETCONNED
>>
>>76950638
>>>/tv/
>>
>>76950456
technically, it punched clean through the walls in seconds
it just took a while for it to charge
>>
File: 61V43mP.png (408 KB, 853x480)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>76950456
>I think that being a directed, maintained energy weapon was maybe its main breakthrough?
Which is still false, as even LAATs had that, and much more miniaturized than the battering ram.
>>
>>76950880
beam weapons are distinct from superlasers, and they were mostly anti-personnel/light armor weapons, with the largest one being a conventional anti-armor weapon that took multiple beams focus firing to take out a cargo ship
>>
>played vs Sam Witwer in squadrons
neat
>>
>>76949973
Technically there was the Great Droid Rebellion
>>
>>76946580
Funny enough in the EU an Alderaan defense fleet with Rebel reinforcements attacks them when they arrive. In movie terms what are planetary defenses going to do to an object in space?
>>76946595
>an act of spite
She was a literal leader of a rebellion. Should he have asked her politely to tell him the location of her guerrilla warfare base?
>>76946656
Not saying it was right, just that it wasn't this memey "tarkin is evil for teh lulz" shit some of you make it out to be. It also doesn't justify then ripping the galaxy apart to destroy said empire.
>>76946722
Not everybody has your same idea that liking authoritarianism = bootlicking. Don't let your politics make you hate people in an online movie franchise discussion. Not everyone shares it.
>>76946825
>>76946871
>>76946889
If he's actually baiting then posting a schizophrenic collaboration of "his" posts is exactly what he wants, goon.
Besides pretending that hot takes means you're just an ironic shitposter stirring up trouble is retarded. Who gives af if someone's nazi. People can have their tastes and views and do what they want and you trying to be a thread nanny is dumb on you.
>>76946925
Oh piss off with this vatnik or rlmfag shit lmao. Stop acting like a garden variety namefag high on his virtual farts thinking he has any more importance on an anonymous board because he puts special text next to his name. People tell you to fuck off as much as vatniks. Look at last thread. Discussion was going so great despite you and your few likemindeds started shooting your mouths off. Live and let live dude
>>76947071
haha epic dark greetings bro xD
>>76944944
Because muh nazis probably. That being said AoR is easily converted to playing Imperials, and EotE and FaD have Imperial-supporting character motivations. WEG also had an entire book dedicated to Imperial, Merc, and Rebel options. D20's GCW book had options for both too. It's just adventures that assume you're rebels for whatever reason.
>>
>>76951334
Can you get a trip so I can filter you?
>>
File: Bossk.png (1011 KB, 720x800)
1011 KB
1011 KB PNG
Ignore Alderaanfag or else he'll successfully spiral yet another thread into the same goddamn argument that's burned hundreds of previous threads.

Instead let's talk about Bossk. Bossk seems like a pretty cool dude. I wonder what kind of spaceship he has.
>>
>>76951409
I didn't start the argument. Don't ask people to argue Alderaan then get upset when they argue Alderaan.
>>
>>76951409
too bad bossk has become a little underpowered in legion
dioxis mines just dont have the punch
>>
>>76944186
>This could be Jakku
>>
>>76951440
He's still okay, but yeah the meta has shifted in a way that his poison is a lot weaker. Droids don't care, Rebels are way more spaced out, Clones hate it but have more long-range firepower to ward him off than was common back when he was released. I think he's still okay, but he could definitely use some buffs to be on the current power curve and his one-pip should probably just be left at home.
>>
>>76951409
I like Bossk, but I never understood why he was wearing the flight suit when he met with Vader.
>>
Ventress has the ability to fake dying and uses it in Dooku: Jedi Lost
>>
>>76951628
Costume department probably had an extra one lying around, and it meant the only prosthetics they had to make were the arms, feet, and head.
>>
>>76951558
krossk mega-suppression lists are still pretty bomb, but he could use a minor tweak via errata
>>
>>76951628
Maby he was running late and didn’t have time to change
>>
>>76951409
He ate his dad. Not cool.
>>
File: ErqLbvcXcAEpGNg.jpg (15 KB, 267x189)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
reinforcements requested
>>76952452
>>76952452
>>76952452
>>
>>76952460
Delete and remake that thread with a title and edition nerf herder
>>
>>76952471
>>76952460
Remembering the subject sub-edition:

>>76952497
>>76952497
>>76952497
>>
>>76950456
I dunno he was coward running from Obi alone at Utapau

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.