[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: !Chi-town1.jpg (464 KB, 1014x1310)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
Palladium Games. Who's playing? What's your favorite world to play in?

I've always enjoyed playing in Wormwood. It's just such a creepy, grungy place.

>Rifts
>Palladium Fantasy
>Heroes Unlimited
>Beyond the Supernatural
>Dead Reign
>Robotech
>After the Bomb

Also, when will we get a Chi-Town sourcebook?
>>
>>76934810
I have all of the Rifts books in hardcopy, but no one to play with. Help me bros
>>
>>76934810
>What's your favorite world to play in?
>>Dead Reign
I just like the zombie genre generally, so obviously I like the zombie world. Chaos Earth 4 and Africa are also pretty good, if you want more RIFTS with your undead.
>>
>>76934886
Where do you live?
>>
File: 1610422441754.jpg (790 KB, 1661x1588)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
>Also, when will we get a Chi-Town sourcebook?
Don't we already have one? Anyway, if not, soon. Kevin has slowly turned to CS from the BBEG into discount goodguys. I've met a lot of Alt-Righters who seem to love this system and specifically the CS, so I think Kevin will keep trying to make this faction more appealing (a Sourcebook is likely ahead).
>>
>>76935034
>Don't we already have one?
No. That's always been the big hole in the Rifts sourcebook lineup. A bizarre hole considering how important Chi-Town is to the setting.

Although to be fair, it's not a great adventuring location considering how fascist and totalitarian the CS is. It'd be very difficult to run most of the OCCs, like mecha pilot, ley line walker, dragon hatchling etc. in Chi-Town unless you're playing an all-CS soldier campaign, and even then 3/4 would be off-limits.

So I can sort of see why Kevin never wrote one. Most players and GMs would read it but never play it.
>>
>>76935034
There's a couple of chi town sourcebooks. CWC, firetown, adventue sourcebook one chi town
>>
>>76934939
Boston
>>
>>76935713
Try meetup.com and penandpapergames.com for the Boston area and see if there are any Palladium players around, or join any RPG group and propose a game yourself.
>>
File: !1558183980695.jpg (85 KB, 774x1032)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Is there an official (or unofficial, I guess) Discord server for Rifts or Palladium Games in general?
>>
>>76936483
Hunh, I guess there is. Unofficial one but endorsed by Palladium.

https://www.palladiumbooks.com/community/discord-chatrooms
>>
>>76935477
For me its more bizzare that Lazlo book isn't out yet despite it being a perfect city which PC's are gonna visit, especially good guy pc's
>>
>>76937062
That too, yes. It should have been in Rifts Canada.

Was Demon City Calgary described somewhere in the Minion Wars books?
>>
>>76935477
You could be like a disposable merc outlet in the burbs, higher for dirty work by CS proper, but even that would be very limited due CS protocols.
>>
Do stats have any effect once out of character creation?
Pretty much anything below a 15 may not even exist.
>>
>>76935521
Black Vault is also chi-town, right?
>>
>>76934810
>Also, when will we get a Chi-Town sourcebook?
The fact that New Lazlo and Chi-Town don't have source books is the most retarded shit in the world.
>>
>>76934886
>all of the Rifts books in hardcopy
Holy shit, that's a lot of skull robot drawings. Which skull robot is your favorite?
>>
>>76937062
New Laslo just had a RAW drop, there will likely be a complete version soon.
>>
>>76938147
>merc outlet in the burbs
Hence why we have so many burb adventure books, because the most interesting place in chi-town is unironically just outside its boarders.
>>
>>76942551
Yeab but I wouldn't say it's that applicable
>>
>>76940817
The book has negative penalties for sub 9 stats and you can modify stats via drugs (or implants) for situational rolls. They offer ongoing modifiers, similar to dnd, but just not as score bonuses.
>>
>>76943183
>New Lazlo
Remind me the difference between Laslo and New Laslo.
>>
>>76948266
Different towns, but my bad. I was talking about Laslo. New Laslo is already covered. It's pretty much the difference between Canada and Texas. Both are nice places to visit with friendly people, but one doesn't put up with any bullshit.
>>
Honestly I am kinda wondering if they'll ever update their system to a unified cohesive edition, but then again knowing them for 30+ years rehashing probably not likely.

Also does anyone find the Glitter Boy animation on their home page underwhelming? Lol.
>https://palladiumbooks.com/images/GB_2.mp4
>>
File: !SWRG header.jpg (388 KB, 1264x1677)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
Anybody playing Savage Rifts?
>>
>>76948334
What? New Lazlo is just a border town off-shoot of the much bigger and better Lazlo.

Both are with a 'z'.
>>
File: rifts182.jpg (568 KB, 1888x1020)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>76951620
people fell for that meme
>>
My guilty desire is to either ride a bot or play as one.
>>
File: long-samas.jpg (2.12 MB, 1579x2000)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>76934810
SAMAS Top-Gun campaigns are alotta fun
>>
>>76951620
Tried it once and it sucked
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.