[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

New Runequest thread, Angry About Elves Edition
>>
I hope Polaris gets a good write up in Gods of Glorantha
>>
File: ElmalBRO.jpg (1.11 MB, 1505x1269)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
*Ahem*
REJECT YELMALIO! EMBRACE TRADITION! AND ELMAL!
>>
>>76932604
Your glorantha will vary
Mine has time traveling UFO’s and magical rayguns
>>
File: dacians.jpg (59 KB, 563x559)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>
>>76932805
>Mine has time traveling UFO’s and magical rayguns
Utter blasphemy’ Seize this heretic At Once!
>>
>>76932805
Did you stole the idea form Sláine?
>>
File: wP3e9EN.png (201 KB, 573x280)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
Copypasta from weddit.

>The Lunar Empire has a lower layer of ancient Greeks, (Dara Happa, but also some other regions), some ancient cavalry horde (Carmania), and various others, with a layer of bureaucracy on top that's sort-of Achaemenid Persia. And a vaguely "Islamic" layer of religion on top as well. A multi-cultural empire with a religious/cultural class at the top.

>The Orlanthi, it's worth noting, are pretty widespread. There are Orlanthi as far away from Dragon Pass as Fronela and even the southern continent of Pamaltela, and they're not all the same. There's some European Celt and some Viking-era Scandinavia in the, but some of the others could be Thracian, Illyrian, Samnite and plenty of others depending on what you know about and what you want to emphasis (any European "barbarians" of the ancient world could work).

>The Grazelanders (and Praxian/Animal Nomads) are your typical steppe horde, although the Grazelands are pretty small and have an underclass of settled farmers (I'd equate them to some of the Scythians, perhaps the ones who ruled the Crimea after they lost control of the Pontic steppe to the Sarmatians).

>Esrolia is probably the hardest to match to a real world culture. Maybe compare is to Ptolemaic Egypt, large areas of peasant agriculture with religious figures in charge, with some big cosmopolitan trading cities as well. Add in the various husbands of Ernalda who are fairly warlike, and there's some foreigners around present as well (probably strengthening the local army).

So is the above post basically mostly correct generalization?
>>
File: IM HERE TO FUCK ROCKS.png (85 KB, 230x314)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>
>>76932696
Something I’ve wondered is how did Kallyr get her star from a god her people don’t even worship?
>>
File: eurmsl moon.png (38 KB, 336x458)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>76932897
Gaze into the eye of Eurmal to see the truth
>>
>>76932642
What would glorantha look like if trolls were the dominant race instead of human’s?
>>
>>76932955
We already know what that looks like, the Great Darkness. Humans would be hunted as food.
>>
File: vag hat.png (804 KB, 788x460)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
>>76932642
Why do these pink vag hats keep showing up in runequest art?
>>
>>76932899
Well they aknowledge Polaris under the name Rigsdal, which is considered a subcult of Elmal, so there's that.
But the truth is she encountered Rigsdal/Polaris during a heroquest to the Skydome and while the official story is that she stole his powers they are actually lovers and he willingly shares the power with her.
>>
File: 1610291075600.png (696 KB, 732x412)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>76932978
>>
>Glorantha
It's a setting for pseudo intellectual nerds who want to show themselves as cultured and smart when really it's dog shit
If you like this dishonest trash then kill yourself
>>
If 4chan exists as a culture in Glorantha, what would be it's defining runes?
>>
>>76933020
>>
>>76933040
Not fertility that is for sure
>>
>>76933040
Disorder and Illusion.
>>
File: kodp.png (2.16 MB, 1445x858)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>76932978
It's an old siberian steppe people hat.
>>
>>76933040
>>76933070
You know they'd worship Eurmal, so probably Disorder and Illusion.
>>
>My Pasta from last thread which suddenly came back when people started arguing about RQ's inconsistent art.

It’s Classical Greek/Dark Age Celtic-Saxon with modern 70s trim, don’t let the Gloranthaphiles hoodwink you with this Agean limited-tattoo newfangled stuff or older Indo-Celtic-Hittite with tons of tattoos (seriously the aesthetic changes even between Heroquest and AiG).
The Orlanthi are and always have been Dark Age Northern Europeans (with Mediterranean skin depending on the artist) with the bronze armour of Marathon and medieval weapons redone in bronze.
With 70s and 80s hairstyles too.
>>
>>76932979
Elmal, for when you want Sky powers but don't want to have to steal them from angry celestial beings.
>>
>>76933104
If anything Eurmal founded 4chan, as a joke.
>>
>>76933093
>>76933104
Add chaos to the mix and you get /b/ /pol/ /rk9/ and other shitholes that have been overtaking this place
At least erumal has some internet troll ethics
>>
File: 1566209633277.jpg (110 KB, 720x856)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>76932979
I think that's cute
My ideal Gloranthan culture would be a combination of Sun and Storm, iirc some of the transitory provinces between the Lunar Heartland and Tarsh are like this. Saird maybe? I should brush up on what's in the Guide. I guess a lot of them have had the Storm subliminated to MUH MOON.
Like, holy weather to them would be a Sun Shower, or sunbeams coming through clouds (AKA God Rays).

Actually I guess this would make more sense if their primary crop was one that required a lot of water (rain) and a lot of sun to ripen (anyone know any?). I think part of the mythosocial conflict from Solars and Storm peoples is that Solars do not necessarily need rains to live, they've got a very well developed irrigation system (which is what a lot of their mythology about subliminating the Oslir is all about), so to them Orlanth as a god is kind of superfluous. While Orlanthi live in the hills, don't typically live on big rivers or use irrigation systems such that the organized (sometimes suffocating) solar bureacracy needed to farm is superfluous and makes little sense to Orlanthi but they DO rely on rain a fair bit. So a society that needs both Storm and Sun to live would likely revolve around a crop that needs both.

I think it's pretty neat how Glorantha's mythological context and conflict of varying modes of subsistence are linked, it's an excellent world building detail.
>>
>>76933020
Yes, it has its flaws. Still better than Gorillion or Rokugan.
>>
>>76932897
Lunars are Soviets/Assyrians
>>
>>76933334
There is that who bit with Shargrash/Tolat about him having a rice wife and then a river wife. And before he was the demon god of killing thing, he was the god of slash and burn agriculture.
>>
>>76932642
So how much time fuckery is possible in glorantha
How do you change the past?
>>
What would happen if someone crashed one or even all of the moon’s into glorantha?
>>
>>76932897
Dara Happa = Mohenjo-Daro/Harappa, i.e. Indus Valley

Grazelanders aren’t like Praxians. Grazelands are mountainous steppes, Prax is desert, chaparral and savana.

Someone asked Greg about Esrolia once:
>Are there any other cultures we might think of when drawing inspiration for Esrolians?
>A: No.
>>
>>76932642
never got that random event.

Was frustrating in short version you couldn't kill the Troll Queen. Send anyone near her mountain and it's like, "this dude's max-value warrior? Fuck him. Dies anywy. Max magic-user? Fuck him. Dies anyway."
>>
>>76933597
There are differing opinions about time. Some believe it’s linear, some say cyclical time is the only true time; others say that time is an illusion. The Godtime is still happening or is always happening concurrent/parallel to ‘real’ time and prominent heroquests have effected retrocausality.
>>
File: 20210103235544_1.jpg (796 KB, 1920x1080)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
>>76933564
Glorantha having a simultaneous anthropological and mythological slant is really cool, (Like how Trolls are essentially like a form of Primeval Man) you can see societies that have iterated upon themselves to the point they've probably forgotten their ancient roots way way back. But the change still largely makes sense depending on the context. Glorantha is also possibly one of the first tabletop settings where the question of 'What do they eat?' is actually incredibly, blisteringly important. In my head this is also why people put up with Earth Priestesses conniving shit, because they help bring home the bread (or rice or... whatever the hell you farm in Glorantha idk).

Tolat is also very cool, he's not just a mad god for the sake of being a mad god, he's a representation of clearing out the old for the new (similar to Orlanth in this respect actually), once literally being the God of slash and burn agriculture who has become subliminated by the Yelmic/Muharzarmian river irrigation structure. Also the more I thought about it, the less reliant you might see the Pelorians on storm given a lot of the water in the Oslir comes from snow melt i.e. Yelm literally winning out against the forces of Dark ever year with the sea/sun season by melting the cold ice and snow into water for the Oslir, which goes to the rice.
See its cool shit like this is why I gush about Glorantha, but it's hard to get across to newcomers WHY it's so cool.
>>
>>76933699
>Like how Trolls are essentially like a form of Primeval Man

u wot m8
>>
>>76933692
Tbh, Mistress class Trolls are demigods, even Hyalor would be pretty fucked unless he is up in Magic treasures vs a Troll mistress.
>>
File: 20239.jpg (177 KB, 1008x2048)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>76933699
I'm getting lots of inspiration in canals like Italian Historical cooking, to see how people eat back then.
>>
>>76933699
>Tell them to do your worst.

What happens? Is it Clan Destruction tier damage or just a simple raid?
>>
>>76933762
Yep, pretty sure if you tap or otherwise remove the Darkness from a Troll you get a human. They have the Man rune, they are Darkness Man.
By primeval, I really do mean primeval. Where the only concerns are eating, sleeping and reproducing. The devouring deep Earth mother (which both births and consumes (life from death, life to death, death to life) Kyger Litor, ok she's not literally of the Earth in glorantha but she lives in a fucking deep dark cave ok) is a very very old Mythological trope and likely representative of very early Man rune activity in Glorantha: Like, just getting outside of the Green Age early, barely differentiated from the Beast rune early.

>>76933867
You get a pretty strong raid come at you, I had built all fortifications by then and managed to drive them off iirc I made sure I had some Elmal blessings (the one that makes your Swords fight at double strength is probably really good. I'd rather have three more Alkothi raids than the fucking sky falling event like HOLY FUCK what am I meant to do now? They killed so much of my shit and I couldn't do anything.
>>
File: solar humour.png (10 KB, 382x90)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>76933899
should clarify I have no idea what happens if you lose when they raid you after you say 'do your worst', maybe it does give you a game over but I never got it so I dunno.
>>
Don't really know too much about the setting, but is there anyone who still sun worships beside Orlanthi with Elmal? The sun's kind of dead, isn't it?
>>
>>76932899
Heroes of that level get into comparative theology even without Illumination and understand that other cultures are not really wrong and get power outside of their cultural framework, they just choose to support their people and know that trying to explain the truth wouldn't work and would destroy their culture.
>>
>>76932642
Been playing in a runequest glorantha game and am really falling in love with the setting. Considering running a game for my main group, but was wondering if I could get some advice here first.

Which edition would be best to use? Have the rules for Glorantha, Mythras and classic/2e. Players have played a bit of mythras (couple of one-shots and short 3-4 session games), but we've bounced off of it due to having some trouble getting a feel for the special combat actions.

Secondly I was planning on setting it in Prax, starting in New Pavis and maybe working in a bit of the borderlands campaign. Is this a good place to start? Players have no prior experience with runequest so I thought that having them show up as mercenaries in Pavis and start pocking around big rubble would be a good way of introducing them to the weirdness of the setting, as opposed to dragonpass, where ties to your clan are more important.

Any other general advice for runnning a game in glorantha would also be appreciated.
>>
>>76934182
Yep the Sun (Yelm) got got during the God Time, but his role (big ball of fire/light in the Sky) was taken up by a variety of Gods, variously his sons, nephews, emanations from before he died. So there were sources of light in the Sky during the Lesser and Greater Darkness (the magical apocalypse that preceded linear time).

And the Sun/Yelm came back during the Dawn, this was the key point of Orlanth's Lightbringer quest, the moment at which Orlanth achieved a sense of emotional maturity, sacrificed himself (going into the underworld in Glorantha is indistinguishable from dying, you are for most intents and purposes DEAD when you enter it) came back out and brought with him the Sun, which was once (still kinda is) considered a hated enemy and rival but also is absolutely necessary for the cosmos to function properly. So the Sun was dead, now its back again.

So many of the Sun worshippers are still kicking around, having already reckoned with the fact that there's one big ball of fire in the Sky that everyone can see. But all the 'little suns' of the Lesser and Greater Darkness are still honoured and worshipped, partly because they do stuff other than be a big fireball in the sky like giving phalanx units cohesion magic. And really I'm only describing the Dara Happan/Pelorian sun worshippers, theres lots more solar cultures in Glorantha than just them.
>>
like the nomads, who are barbarians compared to the solar beurocraty cities.
yet they both worship the sun. lovely
>>
Shargaz suplex'd a chaos god so hard they both went to hell and when he returned he was the demon sun
>>
>>76933899
send for the daughter of Hyalor
>>
File: 20210104085218_1.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>76935578
It might be a bit late for that, I impulse chose save the people impulse clicking on something when I see choices is a bad habit of mine learnt from Grand Strategy games. Once you've seen an event's flavour text enough times eventually you only care about the buttons you can press.

Cheers for your advice though, I'll see if I can act on it either in this run or a later one.
>>
>>76934182
The Ignorants of Chern Durel are almost mostly solar worshippers, but they have a wacky Darkness and Illusion version of Solar worship.
>>
>>76935621
yeah the skyfall bites you hard. but you must focus on healing. You'll get an event to call for her, I think. or uou can try visiting her plateau with an explorer
>>
>>76932642
Trolls as player characters. Would you allow it as a GM? Has anyone seen it done? Has anyone done it?
>>
>Tentacule the High Slavery God,
>Guide to Glorantha page 47, Minor gods section

Who the fuck is Tentacule and what is the difference between normal slavery and high slavery?
>>
>>76935679
I’ll allow it but they have to read Trollpak first.
>>
>>76935679
Uz only game, or at most, a Argan Argar troll player. The rest is barely playable.
>>
>>76935816
gotta be high as shit, dawg
>>
do you think tusk riders are the result of human and troll breeding or are they a magic fusion?
They have some blood-and-sperm dunking ritual to transform humans into tusk riders so I wonder...
>>
>>76935679
Trolls are way to powerful, and burdened by hyper strict rules and culture. Well unless you roll roll over 50 for race and get stuck as a Trollkin in which case you are way to weak
>>
>>76934686
Second edition not weighted down by that stupid rune affinity stuff
>>
File: Ej0F8gdUcAMswST.jpg (747 KB, 1500x2048)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
Lads, how would you do a RQ using OSR?
>>
>>76936134
RQ2 is as OSR as it gets, just run that
>>
>>76936096
wut. thats like extra power, bro
>>
Who is an hero to the Argan Argar cult my character can be descendant from?
>>
>>76936576
Seven Sacred ancestors:
Korasting, Kaarg, Vaneekara, Jakaboom, Jeset, Hombobobom, Boztakang
>>
>>76936752
>>76936752
any of them human?
>>
>>76936780
Arkat was a human who became a troll, maybe him?
>>
>>76933247
You don't understand what Chaos is if you think that. Also you forgot /lgbt/, the ultimate Disorder/Illusion board.
>>
File: 91674_pla.jpg (258 KB, 650x914)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
What are you changes in your glorantha or heavily inspired in it settings?
I really love Praxians, so they are way more widespread and varied (like the Hippo tribe bullying people in river or lakes, Elk tribe, Deer Tribe, Auroch tribe in Charg, etc). Balazar was invaded be an aventurer Lodrili isntead of a lame Yelmlet one, and the Agimori/lodril humans look like those absolute units there.
>>
>>76934182
Yelm is still worshipped all throughout Peloria , especially Dara Happa. He is now secondary in importance to the Red Goddess, but her armies contain many Yelmites from certain provences.
>>76935679
I ran a sidebar for my long standing Glorantha campaign using troll characters. It was a fun change of pace, but I'm not sure I'd want to play a whole full time campaign of it. I also allowed someone to make a superior trollkin in the main game, and he was a fairly skilled adventurer until the flail snails got him. he suffered a lot of persecution and suspicion fromhuman settlements, though, and basically had to live as the minion of the Issaries trader to be tolerated. Some Sun Domers almost killed him on site just for being in their territory, and he had to be shackled and caged to pass through, and they brought their children to gawk at him and throw things.
>>
>>76934686
Pavis and Prax is the most like a traditional adventuring setting and will allow for the greatest admixture of cults and cultures, so that's not a bad choice. Shadows of the Borderlands is a fun boxed set, a year of adventuring under a non-Lunar Pelorian noble with some cool Chaos fighting and dealing with Praxian natives. Get Trollpak and Cults of Terror just for the source material.
I'd just use the RQG for ease of play, and you can always add the extra combat stuff from Mythras later if you want it.
>>
>>76935679
I made an Uzko character to beat Scorpion Hall, then later I put her in campaigns for two other groups as an NPC.
Her name was Marija Rock-Reader, and she was an archaeologist investigating ruins of the troll’s lost above-ground empire, ostensibly to serve as sunside-eyes for Jarkanita Ab’s research on the trollkin curse but secretly to satisfy her own curiosity about history and the surface.
She was a member of the Moth-cult of Gorakiki.

As a PC, she kicked ass in Scorpion Hall, walked right through rooms my first Balazaring PC had nearly been killed by.

As an NPC, I had her staying in the Tin Inn at Apple Lane, trying to recruit a party to help her excavate the now-empty ruins of Scorpion Hall (formerly a Zorak Zoran fortress), but not having much luck (who wants to work for a troll?)

Unfortunately, that last detail ended up being too accurate - I introduced her to two different parties as a plot hook, and both of them heard her offer and then promptly left town in the opposite direction.
>>
File: Ducks.jpg (34 KB, 340x255)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Level with me: Are the ducks just memes or do they have nuance of more than just being either complete jokes or top tier warriors of Humakt?
>>
>>76938143
There’s a Durulz sourcebook that’s not terrible
>>
>>76938143
Yes?
>>
>>76937833
hippo tribe fo' lyfe
>>
>>76938143
to be duck is to suffer
>>
>>76938143
Imagine if halflings were widely known to be tasty. that's what being a durulz is like.
>>
>>76938612
and no one takes you seriously.
AND you got the voice of a kazoo.
>>
>>76938527
Blueskins suffer more. Check you privilege, duck.
>>
>>76938143
Just remember they are memes in setting too.
>>
>>76938143
They are a very minor culture than its being memed a lot, you can make some badass duck, but yeah, no one will take it seriously even in the setting.
>>
>>76938926
If I were a duck I’d stay in the marsh and beast valley, hsunchen supremacy, fuck the humans
>>
>>76938968
Yeah, but then some asshole lunar makes the Duckhunt and only you got those places to live in...
>>
>>76932696
Hopefully, the new spells book is full of really good solar magic. Really makes me want to play a Polaris or Shargash worshipper.
>>
>>76939016
You forgeting that Glorantha is rather empty. What are the odds of Lunars finding a secret duck village outside the core of their empire?
>>
>>76938658
why are so many pharaohs blue then?
>>
>>76936134
Basic Fantasy Questing
>>
File: Zaranistangi.jpg (63 KB, 455x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>76939178
Loper folk? They have the same color as blueskins, but they are not the same race.
>>
Anyone know anything about David Dunham’s PenDragon Pass rules?
Apparently it’s what preceded King of Dragon Pass, being a settler-economic focused fusion of the Pendragon and RQ rules. I heard Greg Stafford had done something similar but it wasn’t printable/playable due to incomprehensible rules, and Ken Rolston tried to make a smaller-scale version of the concept for the Risklands settlement campaign in Dorastor.
>>
>>76939416
Man, I'd fucking love a "settlers of dragon pass" boardgame
>>
>>76939416
Nope, but sounds dope, heck, I'm apalled Chaosium didn't do a mix of GLorantha/Pendragon already.
>>
>>76939507
Imagine Settlers of Catan but it’s not shit

>>76939416
pensee com slash dunham slash pdp dot html
looks fun, would run
>>
File: IMG_3079.png (2.43 MB, 1334x750)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
That's it, My Pol Joni have Resurrected old Hyaloring teachings and those are some of the reasons they did so well against praxians. They have the Riders aestethics, because I can't stand what they did to the Runegates Hyaloring clans...
>>
>>76939599
>but it’s not shit
I imagine you could use it as a clan story maker for your characters
>>
>>76939507
I'd love for there to be more Glorantha themed boardgames. Maybe some kind of worker placement/resource management game themed about being the most succesful clan in Dragon Pass.
>>
>>76939643
Someone send Jeff the idea. Im sure chaosium could use the money. And it could bring more people to the game.
... wait, why didnt they mention the rpg in their video games?
>>
Which land goddess is associated with what crop?
I saw a chart once but can’t recall where?
>>
>>76939703
I heard about it on Jeff and MOB’s old podcast (Tales of Mythic Adventure) in their interviews with Dunham and Ken Rolston. So he probably knows, especially since him and David used to be in the same game group
>>
Do boomers a Xers buy the Jonstown compendium stuff? Because it seems like pretty sweet deal. You can make a bullshit monster in a day, sell it on jonstown for $1.5 keeping $0.75 (before taxes but still). If you made your own gaming franchise you would keep more, but good luck estabilshing a loyal fanbase. Over time 1000 boomers buy it and you just made $750 in single day. In some countries such a as mine, that’s what many people make in a month (also before taxes).
>>
>>76939896
I think you overapreciate how many people buy stuff anon.
>>
>>76939896
Hell yes they do. I mean, it is an audience of like ~1000 people, but every single JC writer so far who’s been on the RQ project podcast has said they’re happy with the sales.
One of them is actually a professional archaeologist and joked that this is the first time she’s been paid to publish something.

I never would’ve imagined a day where there’s actually a market for selling fucking pdfs of fantasy bullshit to boomers, but gods bless the internet for still being amazing.

I’m working on something that I hope will be up to par, actually. I’ve been making my own game based on BRP for a while but with how much the Jonstown stuff is generating interest, I figure it’s a great chance to actually try putting something out for real.
>>
Hmm i need an adventurer NPC that is in big trouble...
What should I make him?
>>
>>76939896
The guy who’s doing the monthly monsters must be finding it worth his time, since he keeps making more
>>
>>76940008
A Duck fleeing for his life, the persecutor is an UZ than wants to cook him.
>>
>>76935990
Tusk riders were once a regular human Orlanthi tribe that have dedicated themselves to a demon who have enslaved a divine boar. The troll/human breeding is just a rumor spread by those that don't know the truth.
>>
>>76938036
>Shadows of the Borderlands is a fun boxed set, a year of adventuring under a non-Lunar Pelorian noble with some cool Chaos fighting and dealing with Praxian natives.

Isn’t that just Borderlands, or Borderlands & Beyond?
Shadows on the Borderlands was three stand-alone quests on the Zola Fel
>>
>>76940034
sorry gotta be human. and the problem is that his arm is broken. I just need to come with his cult and his...deal...Yknow?
>>
>>76940084
This; Their ancestor-hero Aram ripped out the jaw of the great boar Gouger, tossed it down near Fairjowl, carved an ivory plinth out of its tusks and became a tusker. Some weird hunter/hunted fusion ideology.
>>
>>76940101
I'll just roll randomly. but I'll add a duck reference
>>
>>76940084
As opposed to the old RQ material where they were explicitly a EWF-descendent hybrid people.
>>
File: chadart.jpg (130 KB, 639x348)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>76940387
>>76940163
Never forget Thadart
>>
>>76932926
Lol is he mooning the viewer
>>
File: gotta watch closely.jpg (20 KB, 370x362)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>76940719
WHAT!?
>>
First thing I did when my players entered Prax was play this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vo9J26PdMM&ab_channel=Cazarines

They got Prax pretty quickly...
>>
>>76932642
For my rare humans/ no human pc setting
Are various types of lizard people and intelligent monke a good selection for the dominant races?
>>
>>76940387
Maybe both stories are true, from different angles
>>
>>76940753
>>
>>76940945
idk about lizard people so much but baboons are a classic
>>
>>76940812
Are they using a kazoo?
>>76940945
Why not, add baboon tropes and Ducks to make it more gloranthan.
>>
>>76940538
Did the Only Old One look like this, but more refined?
Being the Demi-god son of Esrolia and Argar Argan.
>>
>>76940984
what is this supposed to mean?
>>
>>76941205
hang on... how come he only a demigod if he is the child of two gods.....?
>>
>>76941955
I thought about that when typing it, he probably took a downgrade to stay active when Time started.
>>
>>76940163
Look, we all know he fucked the pig. Just admit it. You have tusks ffs.
>>
>>76940984
>>76932926
so how often do the orlanthi moon people?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooning
>>
>>76944639
That's a Eurmal trickster, he gets to moon as often as he wants. Of course you can also beat his ass because tribal law doesn't protect him .
I would imagine many a cattle raid is punctuated with some mooning.
>>
>>76933020
fuck you i just think the uz are cool
>>
bit of a sad question to ask but what would rgq look like in 2020&2021 if greg was still alive?
>>
>>76946122
>Most of their babies are small retarded weaklings.

How isn't the Troll race been driven to extinction or degenerated further if only 10% of their offspring are normal trolls?
>>
>>76932642
So I've been reading the new book of magic and it got me thinking....What god lets me summon Luxites?
>>
>>76946283
Thet definitely aren’t doing as great as they used to. Their persevereance is in fact proof of their glory.
>>
>>76946219
I dont know what do you think
>>
>>76933899
Who are these people supposed to be?
>>
>>76946219
prob no different because he was old as heck and creative control has been in half a dozen other hands by now,
>>
>>76946283
At some point, the only things which will be left are the Superior Trollkin, who were at least developed enough to be close to or the same as a person. Wyrm’s Footnotes, back in the 70s has one at least able to father children and read.
The Kitori may also represent a survivor population in that they are human and also are trolls, so they duck the Curse slightly.
>>
File: 1609627463332m.jpg (138 KB, 1024x622)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Can any anon help out with giving me a sense of scale when it comes to the size of Glorantha?
I did a few (probably innaccurate) rough calculations based on the size of a hide of land and the population of the Colymar tribe as presented in the Rinequest Glorantha GM kit and came to the conclusion that the lands of the Colymar (including unfarmable land/hills/mountains etc.) would be roughly the size of England and take at least a couple week to cross from north to south, with maybe two days travel on foot between each notable village.
Does this sound accurate? Making Dragon Pass, Esrolia and the Holy Country very roughly equivalent to Western Europe in terms of landmass.
>>
>>76947995
Roughly 8% Earth’s surface area. If google is be believed that is.
>>
>>76948204
What, all of glorantha or just the Colymar?
>>
File: 10887_900.jpg (130 KB, 661x900)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>76947995
https://vingkot.livejournal.com/17189.html
>As you can see, the Kingdom of Sartar is roughly the distance from Nottingham to Durham and is comparable in size to the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Northumberia.
>>
>>76948401
All of it oceans included.

>>76948525
England is roughly 0.026% of Earth surface. Nortumberland 0.001%. Does it sound right?
>>
>>76948629
Sound right meaning what? Dragon pass is not the size of Europe, not sure where you got that idea.
>>
>>76948786
I mean do the dimensions fit with how the fiiction presents it.?
>>
>>76948862
I think the Argan argar atlas gives us numbers
>>
>>76948862
People take a few weeks to travel to Prax from Apple Lane. It takes a month or so for troops to march from Tarsh to Sartar.
>>
>>76948862
https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/websites/moondesign-com/jeffs-old-blogs/a-sense-of-scale/
>>
File: file.png (852 KB, 900x466)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
Why is Mossa's art so posted in RQ threads?
Is it because it's girls in not well known cultural dress?
>>
File: 1546371999508.jpg (346 KB, 1280x1024)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>76950563
yes, really any vaguely obscure or different ancient/bronze age/classical outfits or armour is useful inspiration for Glorantha. As long as it isn't dour grey and black armour (actually that can fit Humakti and Iron Mostali) it's probably useful.

bump for YELM
>>
File: 1577981639555.png (185 KB, 332x564)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
Why did he do it?
>>
>>76950563
Probably, it also has a cool variety of faces and proportions, along colorful in general art than mates well with RQ like settings.
Another artist I like for RQ is Rava.
>>
>>76950738
Was it good idea for Argrath to release this crazy motherfucker instead of Belintar?
>>
File: 78820903_p0.png (992 KB, 1684x2500)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>76950754
Tough I have a pretty wide in variety source for my games (heavily inspired in Dominions 5, Glorantha, Aquelarre and Trudvang), and I love to scoure Pixiv, Devianart or whatever for good, Folkish/Mythic art than tends to be miles better than "American Fantasy".
>>
>>76937820
/lgbt/ is raw Chaos
>>
>>76950787
For Pixiv, what tags do you use when you search for your related art?
>>
File: Dilate Rune.png (33 KB, 654x650)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>76950887
Behold, the little known Dilate Rune

;^)
>>
>>76951007
I don't use tags, I go down, look if there is anything related, and I click. I'm a Disorder Rune bro.
>Celtiberian.
I se you are a man of culture.
>>
File: 5t1ehwp0ei7z.jpg (49 KB, 570x350)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>76950787
Glorantha is American as fuck. Just because something is American does not neccessarily mean its shit, just that the odds are not favourable

t. European
>>
>>76950738
if we are all us then you are all me! so any cruelty I visit upon you I do to myself!
STOP HITTING YOURSELF!
>>
>>76950787
And we got at least one RQ obsessed drawfag but he is a homosexual.
>>
>>76950767
Yes. He only wants to destroy the Lunars, he does not give a shit abotu anything else. Also Belintar might be totally gone.
>>
orlanthi have six genders. male, female, femboy, tomboy and dicklessweirdos and weird weirdo.
but only three pronouns
>>
>>76941955
Demigod is kind of a catch-all term in Glorantha for anyone with enough power to almost be a god without having to ascend to Godtime. Ezkankeko probably kept his powerlevel low enough so he could mess around in Time much like Cragspider did.
>>
redpill me on mythras
>>
>>76951832
Do Runelords who emulate their God TOO much end up going to the God Time if their power level gets too high? Because at a certain point wouldn't they almost be walking comprimise breaks?

Thinking about that, maybe if you were a runelord/priest/munchkin illuminate who wanted to deliberately avoid being promoted upstairs you would diversify your magic portfolio in strange ways to avoid emulating someone in the God Time too much, essentially you would have to be your own person. Although I suppose the buck will eventually stop and you might become God Time resident like Sartar did.
I honestly don't know that much about Cragspider but she doesn't strike me as a 1:1 of Kyger Litor, given that she is partially on fire and her lower half is that of a spider. Maybe this is on purpose so that she can stick around in Time and have another go at cracking the kin-curse. (don't be mad at me if it turns out Cragspider is actually a runelord of the troll God of being on fire and also spiders, I haven't read Troll Pak in a while).
>>
>>76938612
>>76938643

If being duck is suffering why don’t they turn chaotic?
>>
>>76952058
Because they are proud orlanthi people, you sun worshipping fanny.
>>
File: saeptum Arbitri.jpg (279 KB, 1200x385)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>76951198
I mean, once you see they souless fantasy they pump like DnD5 or Wow, with a totally acultural feeling (in the sense they don't represent a culture, they are KNIGHT! BARBARIAN! EXOTIC MAGUE!) and compare it with stuff like Trudvang or Aqularre, or heck, the French edition of Barbarian of Lemuria, and I think you will see what I mean. Some of my prefered artists are from the USA (McBride,DiTerlizzi is the foremost, the one than draw Prophet can get close even when he draws some of the worst females ever) but in general they can't compete with People like Jan Popisil or people like Froud in the way they ooze character and culture.
>>
File: 3532591257_0bb4b3bded.jpg (25 KB, 384x500)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>76952058
As far as I'm concerned they're already chaotic, no matter what anyone says or proves. Fuck them ducks.
>>
>>76950787
Man why is canon Kralorean art so bad compared to the rest of the setting? Everywhere else mines actual bronze age cultures and symbolism, then Kralorea is just generic not!China.
>>
File: 76365892_p0.png (1.25 MB, 1500x2000)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>76952995
Dunno, Greg probably prefered Sartar over anything else and didn't have the interest to research china.
That's good, as we can do whatever we want. Like with the Not Japanese area, is shit all the sane, anyone making stuff from there can only improve, specially if they heavily steal from Jomon/Yayoi sources more than from Medieval Japan, along stealing the Spiritist practices (Yokais, the Pseudo-Daoist spiritis) etc.
>>
>>76952182
>>76952182
I have a fear that glorantha eventually will become this. safe and bland. no personality.
There is allready whining that the lunar empire is patriarchal and orlanth is problematic on the official forum
>>
>>76953444
Yeah, I know. Post Modernism has won in the west, wich is a pity, as its the most Nihilistic philosophy, as it really nothing matters, not truth, not beauty... Chaos itself, in the Gloranthan parlance.
But we can still make our own stuff anon, don't despair, even if the noose is closed a bit more everyday. Rise and Make, its the best way to what its coming.
>>
>>76953444
Link to those threads otherwise that may probably be bullshit.

Heck, Runequest is too niche for the PC crowd to care about, unlike with D&D.
>>
>>76953732
You don't know the SJW? They don't care about how Niche stuff something is, they only care about infecting, even when they will be consumed be they own monster once its been hatched, as anyone than has followed the comic industry will tell you.
But, this isn't the place to talk about that anons, I really hate politics and more of late, lets talk about cool Gloranthan stuff.
Like Ordeeds. How would you bring them back where do they belong, aka, Main Orlanthi steed.
>>
>>76951908
You won't become a god from emulating your god alone but anyone that gathers enough power will eventually be called upon to ascend unless they deliberately avoid it. For the Orlanthi this is the Liberating Bolt which strikes powerful heroes, disintegrating their mortal shells and apotheoses their souls. This was the lightning bolt that struck that ignited the Flame of Sartar and immolated the man himself.

Cragspider is a worshipper of Arachne Solara and probably the most powerful one as she isn't prone to answering worship. As for what she is she is a darkness nymph that has stuck around since Godtime. And she's deliberately gimping herself to keep from ascending as she knows she'll lose her freedom if she does so.
>>
Ironhoof is a demigod taht FUCKS.
also, I think its a title that is passed on?
>>
>>76952182
>a totally acultural feeling

They of course represent a culture. But because you are uncultured, uneducated swine, you only recognize something has a cultural identity by its otherness. They are AMERICAN BARBARIAN, AMERICAN KNIGHT and AMERICAN EXOTIC MAGE. Not that DnD 5E or WoW are good, but do not deny them meaningful identity.

>>76953444
I would like to see these threads. Could you spare you no doubt valuable time and arrange for it by posting links. Many thinks in advance.

>>76953698
I don’t think you know what postmodernism means.
>>
>>76950738
Who tf is he?
>>
File: 1577981874732.jpg (39 KB, 485x632)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>76953859
ah so I was part right part wrong, I forgot about Arachne Solara, I guess it makes sense she worships her.

Can Trolls become illuminated? I guess if Broos can, Trolls must be able to as well.

>>76954462
Sheng Seleris, murder astronaut.
I wasn't being facetious btw I genuinely want to know more about Sheng past what's in the Guide to Glorantha.
>>
>>76953778
>Like Ordeeds. How would you bring them back where do they belong, aka, Main Orlanthi steed.
The main way would be to revive the worship of the associate god Varnaval. Which is possible from the Three New Stars quest from Eleven Lights.

>>76954046
Afaik he just sleeps a whole lot and occasionally gets up to do demigod stuff/kicking ass.

>>76954462
Sheng Seleris, the settings equivalent to Attila the Hun/Genghis Khan. Very murder happy fellow who gets off on pain and invaded the Red Moon.
>>
>>76954136
>threads
I dont want anything to be traceable to me. just use the search function and keywords
>>
>>76954561
OH nice. It gives anything about Varnaval? Also, how do they resurrect a god?
>>
>>76954510
>Can Trolls become illuminated?

Any sapient creature can become illuminated
>>
File: EnvoysWithOrdeeds.png (2.25 MB, 1334x750)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>76954728
Some blurbs provided from the book:
> Varnaval tamed the rams and hitched them to his chariot, raided the foreigners and forced them to pay tribute.
>Aided by the Iron Ram, he waged war upon the foreigners and conquered the world, until they murdered him with demons and sorcery. >Varnaval has no worshippers now; he was replaced by the worship of a foreign deity Heler, and in particular Voriof the Shepherd and Uroth the Blue Ram.
On a sidenote the Iron Ram is mentioned in Six Ages if you pick Orlanthi as your ancestral enemies. So your people took part in taking him down.

As for how to revive a god. They do it through a modified multipart heroquest involving travelling to the Underworld to retake the remains of the gods and then bringing them up the Skydome to the Polestar where the Resurrection Throne is located. Those put on the throne is revived and given a place in the sky as a star. In this case as one of the new stars of Orlanths Ring, turning it into the Eleven Lights.
>>
>>76952058
Technically since undead are all chaotic, durulz are amongst the stoutest chaos fighters. The ducks of the great marsh are in a constant zombie apocalypse state of survivalist living.
>>
>>76955120
Thanks bruh. Didn't know about the Ressurrection Throne, I knew Elvena Lights did it. And you could ressurect one of the few Earth war gods.
>>
>>76954646
Well turns out:

-problematic:
>https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/8235-orlanth-the-abuser/
https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/10636-the-colymar-campaign-and-the-star-heart/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-159643

-sexist
Umm.... nothng really pozzed.

-racist
https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/9971-toward-a-better-kralorela/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-149348
https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/4572-against-runocriticism/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-71754

There is more obviously, but nothing too extreme.
>>
>>76953859
Yeah not true at all the Red moons son rules the kingdom she built. Serves as her high priest and is personally so powerful that elite 500 strong enemies deploy war magic cannot touch him
>>
>>76955120
Why bother just prevent their death I the first place. Just need to be powerful enough that your intervention changes the outcome in the dominant timeline. Hell Yelm worshippers big goal is to change the outcome of Yelms battle the the insect god so yelm does not lose his fire magic.
>>
who was the god chalana arroy cured of blindness and why did that make him join the storm tribe?
>>
Tell me about the queedom of jab
>>
>>76955608
Elmal wasn't it? Blind obedience, so he could make its own decisions.
>>
>>76955740
It's a stronghold belonging to a really powerful Scorpion Queen who has conquered multiple tribes under her, little else is said about it.
>>
>>76955439
Well anything to do with the Red Moon is a bit of a doozey as she has openly flaunted the rules in the past. So it wouldn't surprise me if she has a hand in keeping him a "mortal" so she has someone to directly rule the empire for her.

Unless your post is about confusing Sedenya the Red Moon for Arachne Solara.
>>
>>76955783
ok. What is the signifigance of the scar under Humakts tongue?
>>
>>76956125
Dunno maybe the scar made it hard for him to use tongue a lot (meaning communicating with other people). So Chalana Arroy cured his poor social skills. Death Rune can be imagined as short horizontal scar crossing the tongue beneath.
>>
>>76956118
Ha, I made this one, nice to see it making the rounds here. Hows the Oficial discord? Nearly a year since i last posted there.
>>
>>76955359
You need to get a fucking life. Sexism and racism are enormous systemic issues responsible for incomparable societal harm and suffering. Go be a fascist loser somewhere else.
>>
>>76955359
In that first thread, they’ve got a point, Orlanth is abusive af. But this part:
>[prefers How Orlanth met Ernalda and Making of the storm tribe because] Ernalda and her female worshippers are thankfully at least partly equipped to defend themselves on their own. More so than most bronze age women were.

I think it’s HIGHLY doubtful that anyone knows enough about bronze age gender relations to accurately judge the prevalence of domestic violence/rape. People project modern issues onto the unknown past.
I’ve studied a fair bit of Ancient Near Eastern Late Bronze/Early Iron Age crap, and as far as I can tell, rape and DV are probably much worse today than ever in antiquity. Patriarchal societies in the near east claim to be much older than they really are, and women held significant institutional power in the mesopotanian/mediterranean bronze age, which wasn’t fully eroded even as late as the islamic era.

People who assume the past was just the present but worse are guilty of seriously ahistorical anachronization.
>>
>>76956774
Also, the bronze age near east literally didn’t even have a gender binary. Myths about creation usually featured at least three genders; mesopotamian bureaucratic documents record there being three common genders and two special cultic ones; early judaic texts list SIX genders.
>>
>>76957288
So any claims about antiquity that imagine its gender politics being recognizable to modern systematics can just stop. It’s not modern, and it’s probably much weirder than you think.
>>
>>76957288
>early judaic texts list SIX genders.

Man, woman, shaman, eunuch, child, incel?
>>
>>76955740
It’s located in the Foulblood Forests in the Footprint of Larnste, a mark left by the god of movement where he attempted to trample the chaos goddess Krarsht.
>>
>>76957442
Male, female, futanari, eunuch, undeveloped female, and ???????
>>
>>76957442
Zachar- “swords” (male)
Nekeivah - “crevices” (female)
Androgynos - hermaphrodites/intersex, or “both sexes”
Tumtum - “hidden”, for indeterminate or obscured gender
Ay’lonit - transmasc AFAB
Saris - transfemme AMAB (subdivided into saris hamah and saris adam)
>>
>>76957635
>Androgynos
This word sounds awfully Greek.
>>
>>76957696
Because it is.
Do we have a gender studies cray cray in the thread?
>>
>>76955740
Scorpion Queen Gagix Two-Barb recently killed the Hendriki hero Benevalda, perhaps echoing the myth by which Larnste was injured by chaos, tainting the plants that grew in his footprint. The Hendriki are known for their Larnsti worshippers.
>>
>>76957635
What's this list from? it does not contain Vingan nor Nandan.
>>
>>76957696
Yeah, you may not be aware, but Greeks colonized as far as the black sea and the indus valley and their language was hugely influential in the *Hellenic* world of the ancient near east. Judaism is not as old as it claims, the monotheistic tradition started in about 200 BC and no part of the texts predate Alexander.
>>
>>76957741
Mishna/Talmud
>>
>>76957741
Out of that tumtum's ass.
>>
>>76957819
ok, thought it was gloranthan there a second
>>
>An Androginus (a hermaphrodite, who has both male and female reproductive organs) is similar to men in some ways and to women in other ways, in some ways to both and in some ways to neither. In what ways is s/he similar to men? Like a man, s/he is considered unclean through semen; is required to perform yibum (to marry the widow of a childless brother) like a man; dresses and cuts hair like a man; marries others and is not married off, like a man; and is obliged to perform all the commandments in the Torah, like a man. In what ways is s/he similar to women? Like a woman, s/he is considered unclean through menstrual flow; s/he must not be alone in the company of men; and does not share [the inheritance] with sons; and cannot eat most of the holy sacrifices, like a woman...

>An androginos may marry [a woman] but may not be married [to a man]. Rabbi Eliezer said: [If one has relations with] an androginos he is liable to be stoned like one [who has relations with] a male.

And so sayeth God, "Futa on Woman is hot, but Man on Futa is just gay."
>>
>>76957696
It’s pretty common to find greek loan words in semitic languages, they’ve been comingling for three millennia
>>
File: 1564305253406.jpg (290 KB, 1600x908)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
this thread oogas my booga
>>
>>76957864
AMEN!
and AWOMAN!
>>
Still no good answer on who the fuck Tentacule is...
>>
>>76957903
A pokemon!
or wait, is it that flower on that island where everyone is ocnected to a flower py a cord through their head?
>>
>>76957864
Sometimes I feel like the rabbis were just making shit up

>>76957725
just a cuneiform cray-cray who can’t fucking stand it when people try to apply 20th/21st century categories to contexts in which they are thousands of years out of place
>>
>>76957864
This is coming from the people who concluded that eating from the God's table isn't kosher.
>>
>>76957874
>Roudier.
I see you are a man of Great culture.
What's everyone prefered Oooga Booga culture? Mine is the Rhino Tribe.
Unoficial, the Hippo Tribe.
>>
>>76957917
Apparently a god of "high slavery". Which is another unexplained term from the Guide.
>>
>>76957951
Telmori. They ooga really hard. booga'd the Maboder tribe. big UGH!

This is what i found on hippo tribe. Are they in Pamaltea or prax?
>>
>>76957951
Turtle tribe.
All was super chill, building kayaks, eating fish and sea plants and trading salt with the men of metal.
Then a storm came, my boat got lost, some fucking snapping turtle spirit/god decided "yup that will do" and i went on catch shenanigans with some men of metal and their duck hireling.

Worst boating trip ever
>>
>>76958114
remember to put the stick up your butt
>>
>>76957288
IIRC what you called "genders" in Mesopotamia were based on the right to manage property.
>>
>>76958126
???
>>
>>76958134
Pretty much, yes.
>>
>>76958139
oh wait, that was another tribal on another island
>>
>>76958073
Its a tribe I made the Drawfag of this thread make some years ago.
My pc died so I can't put this one up, lets hope he sees it and still has it.
>>76958114
Tell me about the Turtle tribe, is a Hscunchen of the isles?
>>
If I wanted to set a campaign in the Lunar lands, are there any sources to read other than the relevant Stafford library volume and the Rough Guide to Glamour?
>>
>>76958225
I googled some more
>>
>>76958265
For how important they are, there isn't much. The entekosiad and the Renaisence of Yelm for the respective lands perhaps.
>>
>>76958225
Yes it is, most live in pamelta and the eastern islands, but some live around the cost of Fethlon.

Generally chill people
>>
>>76940945
Reptile Hsunchen - Jaskali of Porlaso (SW Genertela), worship dinosaurs
- Styracosaur tribe
- Tyrannosaur tribe
- Ankylosaur tribe
>>
>>76958497
Southwestern Glorantha, rather
>>
>>76958497
>Neet dragon tribes
>>
Who are the third eye people?
>>
>>76958583
http://ruleonemagazine.com/Iss10/Zaranistangi.php

Offshoot of these.
>>
>>76958583
The Third Eye Blue are from Tastolar in NW Fronela, a highland steppe much of which is still Banned. They’re nomadic metalworkers who tattoo blue eyes on their foreheads. They used to have an empire, but it was destroyed by the Mostali over their use of the secret of iron.
>>
>>76953444
>>76953698
>>76955359

Whelp this is why I include unhealthy amounts of male homosexuality with undertones of pederasty in quite a few settings I craft
Filters out the moralists
>>
>>76959000
This is brilliant, and I’m stealing it
>>
>>76959000
I do it too, but I do it because it pleases me.
>>
>>76955501
There are barely any myths left of Varnaval, let alone the battle he was killed so you can't heroquest it to win. And you'd need to convince a large amount of people to repeat what you did even if you managed to do so.

>Hell Yelm worshippers big goal is to change the outcome of Yelms battle the the insect god so yelm does not lose his fire magic.
I assume you mean Yelmalio here cause Yelm never lost his fire magic. And not really, Yelmalio losing his fire is a big deal to him on gaining gaining mystical insight and his martyr nature.

>>76956443
Going pretty good. You learn plenty of interesting things there.
>>
>>76955359
Some interesting posts in the Kralorela thread, Joerg’s esp.
Orientalism is taking a long time to die, it seems.
I feel like some Glorantha fans want too badly for there to be an official, concrete last-line objective truth for the world, which the Guide to G sorta caters to, and that many of the problems of politics and of cultural perspective could be ameloriated by a return to a stronger subjective voice. EVERYTHING we know of that world is told by someone from a certain point of view, everything is someone’s story. Story-telling allows for more variety, more life and more flexible contradictions.

Kralorela might not look so much like a lame pastiche of the fantasy Orient if we had more Kralorelan voices speaking their own truths.
>>
>>76932978
They are unique to a tribe of horseman and the hats look like horse ears.
>>76936780
Only Old One was human, kinda. Argan Argar is not human but he is not troll either.
>>
>>76959000
I appreciate when you put it in the open. I don't want to waste time learning the setting before discarding it.
>>
>>76958884
>>76958627
So they are one of the blue folk? Nice. Are they related to the ones appearing in the Entekosiad?
>>
>>76959494
>Orientalism is taking a long time to die, it seems.
I wonder how bad are the Dorradi lands form this perspective. I know very little about subsaharan africans.
>>
>>76956118
It was just an example, their are something like 20 immortal people of army shattering power just in Dragon pass.
>>
>>76959494
Even Total War 3 Kingdoms managed to shake out some cultural awareness, despite being a mediocre Total War game.
The Nanman campaign actually acknowledges some of the non-Han people who were even more prevalent in the Bronze-Age and really could be used to flesh out Kralorea.
>>
>>76959494
>Orientalism
Implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>76960920
Not really a good or bad thing, it’s just wrong, as in dumb
>>
Why do all fantasy games have some weird cringy sex-swap magic?
Why wouldn’t they just have normal HRT? Although for that matter, would they even need it, if Gloranthan gender roles weren’t just a binary with superficial tokenism?
>>
>>76961244
Fuck off.
>>76961152
Lazy is a better word in this case, I feel.

We dont have much about Kralore but what we have is workable as is
>center of solar cult overtaken by draconic mysticism
>survived greater darkness by the land uniting and fighting as one
>this is why they hate outsiders, since their funding myth is all about fucking over invaders
>also because why would they respect someone that did not fight side by side with their ancestors?
>gods kicking off kaiju to the kingdom of bliss in ignorance (aka. california)
>ancestor (daka fal) worship is huge. Local daka fal is also god of fertility since he had to fuck all these beings into existance.
>>
Why all that gender shit? It barely matters in glorantha apart of a note in the Heler or Ernalda parts.
>>
>>76961452
not to mention that this retardation only applies to languages as broken as english.
>>
>>76961452
You’d think it would matter more given the supposed importance of marriage, for myths and for property arrangements.
>>
>>76961450
Nah I’m really curious, I swear EVERY fantasy game has some sex-swap potion or fountain, why? Is it suppressed fetishism?
>>
>>76961606
... But that's the thing. Only Helerings care about helerings, Vingas are considered males, the other female. That's it, anyone outside the orlanthis view it as a curiosity at most or an aberration at worse, like a Duck.
>>76961475
That too, to see them trying to adapt it to other languages (Latinx) is painful to watch, also are they fuckign equialing Gender, the language particule stuff, with sex/gender, male female?
>>
>Modern politics in my Bronze age game.
Pls stop. Lets post some cool shit.
Like, what kind of Praxians have you Made anons.
>>
File: 20210115004545_1.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1080)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
FUCK I was just beginning to find my feet again and get lots of wealth and food after skyfall! and now I've just lost the game.

This is because I failed the Beren event didn't I?
I made lots of mistakes in general, barely explored the valley because my exploring parties kept dying over and over again (and I couldn't support a shrine to Zeren). Even my foraging parties died. Don't think I ever successfully got new spirits because I don't really know how to do it right.

So now that I've lost, anyone have particular tips for Six Ages? I largely put a lot of my resources into making trade goods, which I think was the right choice but it didn't save me in the end.
>>
>>76961751
politics are injected into it by poorly thought-out design decisions
>>
>>76959494
>Kralorela might not look so much like a lame pastiche of the fantasy Orient if we had more Kralorelan voices speaking their own truths.
Do you know many Kralorelans? Because I am of the understanding that it's a completely made up country in an Rpg.
>>
Any recommended media/s for a Glorantha fan to use?

Pic related is from Europa Barbarorum 2, a Medieval 2 historical mod set in the Hellenistic era.

Even though it's set in the Iron Age but some of it's factions like The British Pritanoi who still use Chariots and body tattoos, and the Iberian factions and units like the Lusitannians and the Celtiberiand really fit the Bronze Age aesthetic that Glorantha has.
>>
File: Pomeranian cavalry 2.jpg (141 KB, 1222x539)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>76963907
>>
File: Celtiberian Champions.jpg (157 KB, 1041x574)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>76963921
>>
>>76963907
>>76963921
>>76963936
Is this an m&b mod it looks nice
>>
>>76964119
It's a Medieval 2 Total War mod.
>>
>>76963007
Yes, that’s my point, obviously. People need to be making more and better stuff up.
Alternatively, I’ve heard some people access other worlds on DMT, worth a shot
>>
>>76962459
have more magic and more food
>>
What’s with all the Deltora quest posting on /tg/ lately.
Did I start this?
>>
>>76964483
You're probably a spammer
>>
File: porlaso.png (30 KB, 725x404)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>76958497
>Jaskali of Porlaso
Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>76955359
>The evidence is actually that antisocial media DOES influence us toward antisocial behavior. Violent media begets violence, misogynistic media begets misogyny.

>I don't know that anyone has specifically studied written media (or oral storytelling, podcasts, etc... or RPG's?) in this regard. But in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I would presume a similar effect to media that HAS been studied: if the reader/viewer/listener/etc engages their imagination with the material (RPGs anyone?) & sympathizes/empathizes with the (antisocial) protagonist (Orlanth much?), they will be influenced that way.

YGMV. But the available facts suggest you are mistaken.

>We humans are MUCH less rational creatures then we think; we bright ones are particularly unwilling to admit how much of our "thought" processes are outside our control.

>That's great if we're all Bronze Age people just living our lives. But we're not. We're 21st century people playing a game. The kind of stories we choose to tell when we game have impacts on us and how we think about our lives and our world. Telling misogynistic stories encourages misogyny.

Why are people like this poster using arguments that are no different from the likes of Jack Thompson who blame violent videos games for causing violence?
>>
>>76964960
I’ve seen actual research on trpgs used to manage symptoms of trauma and severe anxiety, so they might actually be totally wrong, violence in fantasy structures might very well help society
>>
What are the key differences between the major editions of RQ?
>>
God fucking dammit the thread is filled with brp forum drama now /rqg/ is slowly evolving into /swg/

>>76964594
4chan and heatstroke can do funny things to a person
At least I don’t post or argue incessantly about political drama
NOW CAN WE PLEASE discuss something else such as how to run Zelda in RQ or the newly released Perceforest
>>
>>76965141
Uh, is it good? First time I hear of it.
>>
Why are the Mostali and the Elves are actually able to raid you in Six Ages unlike in King of Dragon Pass?

Is it because they declined in the later eras?
>>
>>76939746
weird that gloranthan sweetgrass is a food crop
maybe it’s like our sweetgrass, but with huge grain seeds that are sugary and smell like spiced vanilla
>>
>>76966281
>>
>>76965216
flipping through it perceforest is shaping up to be one of the best mythras product's I've bought in a while
crone of winter is obviously best girl
the threat of the forest and presence of magic makes it distinct from pendragon,my inspiration's on arthurian proto souls influences are brimming
but WHAT? THE! bloody hell is the villa system was it a stroke of LUNACY or GENUS to give a villa the same characteristic's as regular rq characters
seems much more thoroughly made than most additional system's added into mythras
>>
>>76965108
RQ 1 - bad editing
RQ 2 - classic, best edition
RQ 3 - genericized garbage, but more content
mongoose RQ and RQ 2 - trash
RQ6 - who knows

RQG - shiny, thick, good art, jonstown compendium. first edition that doesn’t look like something shamefully awful
>>
>>76966668
also, this apparently was a thing
and Hero Wars/Hero Quest, which I guess is more narrative than simulationist
and Mythras
>>
been digging through old RQ internet stuff and sadly a lot of it has been lost to the ravages of web decay, we should make a list of all the fan content blogs and websites that’re still up
>>
>>76966814
archive that shit while you can
>>
>>76966668
What about Mythras
>>
>>76967326
What ABOUT Mythras?
>>
>>76966814
No one has the APA The Wild Hunt, in which Greg has a column called Sons of Sartar where he did lore and game stuff. Like the entire proto-sorcery rules.
>>
>>76967648
Your best bet is to ask a chaosium employee directly desu
>>
Is it possible to acquire iron weapons and armor and how badass or rich that person would be to do so?

Would the Mostali take offense towards that person for having that many forbidden items?
>>
>>76961625
its funny
>>
>>76962459
ya cannae eat goods. focus on cows. and git good at heroquests. use ...whatxha caall it....unertakings, like HUNT and GUARD HERDS
>>
>>76966281
Note how the wierd divergent crops are in the places that barely got any writeup. In the Guide, Zamokil gets one sentence.
>>
>>76968011
Yes, very, probably; depends on the fallout shelter in question
>>
File: Six Ages, Weeders.png (2.27 MB, 1334x750)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>76968614
Zamokil farmers on suicide watch. They've threatened to Zamokil themselves many times.
>>
>>76968671
Given stuff like this:

>https://glorantha.fandom.com/wiki/Acid_Lakes

I think the chaosium staff wanted to do something with the place and then lost interest. Strangely still a,lot of pamaltelan herowars stuff refers to it in the Guide.
>>
>>76966462
>>76966462
Wew, I don't like that. But until it isn't proved in th table you never know.
>>
Aside from the kodp and SARltW soundtracks, what musoc do you play for your glorantha games? I found lots of the Battle Brothers ost useful. Using the barbarian tracks as the clan battle songs for the pc clan
>>
>>76932642
So could myhtras make a good replacement for shadowrun with the right rules modules?
>>
>>76964442
magic I could use more of, Food I often got very close to starvation but I mostly

>>76968610
But Cows can be stolen! Can't build fortifications with Cows!
More seriously: Just how important are Cows for food? we don't butcher them, is it purely just for milk? Wouldn't investing in crops be a better idea?
Generally I feel like I fucked up some event chain rather than dying out because of Cows or Starvation, is there a hard time limit in the game?
>>
>>76969501
Anything would be preferable to 6E.
>>
>>76969548
>Just how important are Cows for food?
Milk contains animal fats and protein, that can be turned into cheese and preserved for a long time. And milk can be harvested every day. Additionally, since you can make a fair amount of cheese it can be used to trade. Additionally, since they eat grass, you can let them breed and just kill the calves off at winter to provide meat you can preserve to help your winter survival. And their skin becomes leather and their bones becomes bone carvings.

Cows become more cows, and cow can become goods. Cows are great.
>>
>>76969548
The Marsi barely eat anything apart of milk and blood, a bit of meat when a cow dies/too old, and they are the tallest people on earth as average.
Milk is plenty nutritious if you are adapted to drink it.
>>
How do you handle experience and character progression in the game?
>>
>>76969548
>hard time limit in the game
yeh bro. Beren GOT to marry Reydalda
>>
>>76966281
>Heortlings are oatzchads
>Pelorians are cornfags
Explains a lot desu
>>
>>76970004
I believe maize is fairly new discovery in peloria
>>
YEET
>>
>>76968011
In older versions of Runequest, the endgame for warrior types was becoming a Runelord, and to become one usually required you to get ahold of an iron weapon. some large and wealthy cults would grant Rune Lords one outright upon passing the test for entry. There are Runelord NPCs in published scenarios with full suits of iron armor.
>>
>>76970004
I think pelorians farm rice as well, well on any farms connected to the irrigation works of the Oslir anyway. Do we have any particular details on the irrigation setup of the Oslir river plain(s)? I know Yelm and Murharzarm are the ones who beat the river but I doubt their priests are digging the irrigation ditches. Presiding over some rituals probably at most.
>>
>>76969916
A few experience roll's received at each session based on the performance of last session
Which can be spent on appropriate skills
Once in a settlement can receive skill training from trainers with the right affiliations and due's such as favours or payment
Magic can also be taught to player character's but this takes time and someone who already knows and is willing to teach said spell
Cult Gifts are also bestowed upon characters when they reach certain cult ranks or perform outstanding deeds of some kind
>>
>>76969916
I...use the rules? What are these questions....
>>
>76970134
Beginning of each session
My f2f group can have rather strict schedule times
>>
>>76965141
Perceforest Is dangerously based
>>
>>76952182
I think that Gorlanthia fixed this in a way others couldn't. Your powers and your culture depend expressly on the gods you worship and your ancestral line. Its more sword and sorcery than something like WoW which is grandiosity for the sake of it. There isn't just some over aching "good" there are secret cults of your ancestors, fantastically powerful spirits of nature, everything that exists has a domain and a classification. there is a depth and nuance that doesn't exist in any other setting. There are so man minor gods and rituals that it really does reflect late bronze/early iron age cultures. The problem is that nobody possesses an imagination anymore. Nobody wants to even pretend they have a creative bone in their body. It all becomes completely the same even on a superficial level because people are afraid of something that makes them uncomfortable or they are afraid of making something that others don't expect. I absolutely love everything about the world and I don't think anyone who really appreciated the games and writing is going to want to lose that feeling of mysticism and magic, blood and soil. It feels so much more real than other mythologies simply because I think it holds the most truth to the human psyche and only someone who can understand the depths of it is really even going to want to experience it.
>>
>>76967681
At least someone paraphrased the RQ2 sorcery rules on the BRP Forum. It's on the previous RQ thread.
>>
>>76952182
Yes, I understand, you saw a good thread and had to come in and whine about Americans. good job I guess. If it helps soothe your backside trauma any, Stafford was a huge Euroboo and loved ancient cultures from that region so much he based the protags of his setting on them .
>>
>>76970286
Despite the fact the RQ spent 30 years of popularity with nothing about homelands and everything about adventurers who would join cool foreign cults for the cool Runespells and skill tutors.
>>
>>76970350
You still had some sort of implied identity, but yes, blood and soil setting it is not.
>>
>>76970350
>>76970419
I'm mostly referring to the stuff I have played and enjoyed. You still have traditions that involve ritual, magic and the spiritual. Those cults would have defended their sacred sites and sacred rituals the same as any other would. There is nuance. Most modern fantasy has none.
>>
File: 1566233736167.jpg (77 KB, 492x590)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>76969950
does the game end shortly after they get hitched (i.e if you do everything right) or is this like a midgame game over threat? I wanted more time in the game man!

>>76969695
I guess I wish I had an actual understanding in the game of how much of my clan is being fed by the grain I farm, and how much from Cow Product. I'm in the KoDP mindset where you have to make a choice (rather many micro choices) between farmland and pasture. One is against the other. (But farming in KoDP feels easier because 1. its not getting colder, 2. Ernalda's hero quest is easier/more likely to get the crop blessing than Nyalda's.
>>
>>76970483
You also have a famous classic RQ scenario about vandalizing a shrine by people who are doing nothing wrong just for some cash.
>>
>>76932955
What do you mean if?
>>
Is the White Bear Red Moon game any good? How about Nomad Gods. Wanna sell coupple of tabletop players on Glorantha ad I don’t have Gods War. Last but not least, is there a Vassal implementation of any of these?
>>
>>76967326
Mythras=RQ6
>>76961625
>Nah I’m really curious, I swear EVERY fantasy game has some sex-swap potion or fountain, why? Is it suppressed fetishism?
Its simple. There are three reasons, none of them sexual in nature
>it attacks directly the mental image of a character that the player is playing and wants to play. Made a Conan knockoff? Now he is something completly different! You could as well change into a duck at this point, or seven cocked blue skinned chaos monstrosity. It is a body horror of sorts . Even permanently losing bodyparts is less damaging to your mental image of your character, as that is a direct evolution, not a total change.
>seeing players getting mad at the destruction of their avatar is funny
>Greg watched Ranma
>>
File: Live_Sedenya_31.gif (2.14 MB, 4060x2975)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB GIF
>>76971484
>Greg watched Ranma

This.Oh, he also watched spicier japanimation than Ranma.
>>
>>76961625
I can't speak to every fantasy game, but RQ magical traditions are heavily based on real life ones, and cross dressing and other faggotry are quite common in shamanic and occult traditions.
>>
I think its the time the Glorantha threads are the fastest, ever. The quality ain't the best, tought ain't bad, but surely the faster ones I seen.
>>
>>76969695
Cows in glorantha are so fucking great that even paying you cow debt in silver instead of actual cows will make you look like a stingy bitch.

>>76969642
>Most things would be preferable to any edition of shadowrun.
Fixed it for you
>>
File: 1522332208679.png (3.19 MB, 1151x1552)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB PNG
>>76971895
I would still personally prefer the silver but i get the idea why, cows be used to make MORE cows. Silver cannot reproduce into more silver, in a literal sense, but it can be used to get more money in the long run. Investment! (sidenote, do the Issaries consider banking a no-no. Is there anything like a modern Bank in Glorantha?)

>>76971756
I think it's because Red Book of Magic just came out, and people are delving into the good content in the Jonstown Compendium. Also Gods of Glorantha is on the horizon (sort of) and we all know this is the important Big Book as far as getting away from the Dragon Pass/Lightbringers/Prax monoculture goes.

The last time threads were this active were around when the Gloranthan Sourcebook was released.
>>
>>76970419
Good, because >>76970286 is fascist bullshit
>>
>>76970754
Which one?

>>76971756
We had dome good threads around this time last year, but since then the JC has just exploded with good stuff, and the official publications keep getting better too. Hyped for the cult book.
>>
thread dead, thread reborn >>76972646
>>
>>76972592
Raid on Yelnora’s Temple

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.