[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Vegetables From Another Universe Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>The other DBZ game
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/Lq1C9wBT

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

Coordinate in thread to get some games in!

>Last
>>76842326

>Thread question
What are you brewing or building?
>>
>>76887020
Is a coomer DBS deck remotely possible? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>76887020
>TQ
I've kinda pushed the pause button on everything at the moment, but I need to finish tweaking some Vanguard decks. I have the cards, but I need my friend to playtest against because I can't goldfish this particular deck.
>>
For those of you who are making up your own card games what type of paper do you use for making your test cards? Do you just take bicycle cards and glue photocopy sheets onto them?
>>
>>76887483
I just turn yugioh cards inside the sleeves and put the papers in there
Also you WILL buy my game soon enough because I WILL shill it here
>>
>>76887483
Like >>76887545 except with mtg cards - I just put printed cards inside sleeves using mtg cards to keep things stiff. Once I've run through a few tests, and ironed out the wrinkles I can find on my own, I'll set up a proper card frame and print a test batch at a print shop (I use Print & Play).
>>
>>76854182
reposting my question from last thread in hopes that anyone else on this board collected Battles In Time cards
>>
>>76887135
U2 maidens decks have been playable at some points. U6 decks have been meta twice.
>>
>>76887483
I use regular A4 paper and slip the cards in a sleeve with a proper card.

It's cheap simple and makes printing fixes easy.
>>
>>76887483
This >>76887957
Cards in penny sleeves with paper shoved in front. Sometimes hand written, sometimes printed.
>>
File: young_azalea.width-10000.jpg (767 KB, 2500x3486)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>76887020
I've started on my first pair of blitz decks that I'm bringing to a FaB group day. Last night I've put together a Dorenthia deck, dialed in to her official LSS loadout, and I'm slowly pulling out weaker cards for the awesome pile of S and R cards I opened for her. Then after that I'm going to make an attempt at blind construction for Azalea blitz, even though I'm still unsure of how to balance the types of cards and their pitch to cost ratio. My hope is to play against myself with a deck I know mostly is "correctly" constructed verses my loose understanding of the game and see the results. I probably should've done this in reverse because Ranger is always playing on their back foot with this card pool while Warrior is a straight beast, but I'm eager to master the bow for myself to really embrace the mechanics of the game and over come the odds. I've always picked the underdogs and enjoyed the climb to the top.
>>
File: 1597827680557.jpg (1.16 MB, 2548x3479)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
Is normal Alice (not dark Alice) back in FoW yet?
>>
>>76887196
Been trying to goldfish Wixoss decks, just to get a feel for them. Piruluk discard is particularly awkward and I have a die to track how many cards my “opponent” has.
>>
>>76887545
fuck it ill playtest that shit
>>
>>76887545
>you WILL buy my game soon enough
Does it have lolis?
>>
>>76888548
Never be afraid to look at decklists to learn anon. You can see which cards and ratios work well without netdecking. Best of luck, every underdog has their day, knock em silly!
>>
>>76887545
this >>76890561
I only play games with pretty shinies, it's really how I judge the gameplay.
>>
What are the official /acg/ games of 2021? Seems like FaB and Digimon to a lesser extent. Hopefully I don't get fucked over getting into them because they die quickly or something.
>>
>>76888549
I don't even know when spoilers start for the next set and it comes out in less than 6 weeks
>>
>>76887196
>>76889822
Just checked the term, but why not setup decks for both players and play both sides? That's how I try out new decks atleast.
>>
File: 10221.jpg (416 KB, 500x700)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>76889822
I've noticed most modern tcgs don't goldfish well - if you want to test it's better to get two decks and play a game on your own. Goldfishing being a decent way to run a deck through its paces feels like it's mostly a relic of earlier games.
>>
File: En05EkLVQAA7Dao.jpg (691 KB, 774x1038)
691 KB
691 KB JPG
I bought a box of Echoes of the New World because hey it was only $40, I probably won't pull pic related but I haven't cracked a lot of sealed product in a year so hopefully it will be fun
>>
>>76890940
Yeah I'm kinda wanting to discover the secrets of FaB through trial and error myself, but I simply don't have a sparring partner yet. I generally find the idea of net decking distasteful, but for the purposes of understanding why certain decisions were made for building decks would be helpful. I believe I can still learn from them without directly cribbing and being uncaring of why a deck works.
>>
>>76892185
>>76889822
What does goldfishing mean?
>>
>>76892311
I forget.
>>
>>76892311
Playing a deck without an opponent (or opposing deck). It can be useful to get a feel for a deck, especially in games like mtg where resource development is a high priority and on-board interaction is generally limited.
>>
>>76892311
Goldfishing is playing your deck against an imaginary, unresponsive opponent, IE playing cards and beating up a helpless goldfish. For Magic it means you try to deal 20 damage as fast as you can, possibly with some modifiers (like the opponent gets a 1/1 every turn, or escalating creatures, etc.)

>>76892185
This does seem to be the case. Games where monster placement matters, or it only takes 5-7 hits to win, or ScoreZ/FaB attack-defend fighting games don’t really benefit from beating up a helpless player, aside from just experiencing your cards working together for a few turns.
>being a decent way to run a deck through its paces feels like it's mostly a relic of earlier games.
For Wixoss, it’s actually pretty helpful for figuring out how a deck is supposed to play. Tama’s Playground equipment loops, or getting used to Piruluk’s self-discard for example. And while it’s not as accurate as having a second deck across from you, a few simple rules like 1) Assume the opponent will play a full field of SIGNI, or 2) The opponent will act intelligently and destroy card advantage SIGNI, sort of replicate the back and forth of a game if you don’t feel like juggling two hands and managing two decks. It’s not a test of skill or deck speed by any means, but you can still track your damage, use offensive and defensive Arts, track other factors like hand size or ener zone for testing certain things.
>>
File: unlimited power.jpg (939 KB, 3976x1740)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
A brief sunday update on Arcane Rising Unlimited boxes and recent developments.

Two days ago Rudy posted a video about his upcoming bluelight special for his patrons. He showed off an impressive amount of them and I think this is a good sign that more boxes are on the way to the rest of the world too. Pretty soon these patrons will get their shipments and the market will suddenly have an influx of available listings.

Miniature Market is sold out as of some time yesterday. They had recieved their surprise restock of ARC in the last few days of 2020. Their lot of 60+ has (seemingly) dried up. Note the stark contrast of the last price before sell-out between the other releases. Let's keep an eye out if they held even more back. I believe this was the last available opportunity for them to sell at a bloated price, because obviously a lot more are about to arrive elsewhere.

EV update as of today is 176 high to 86 low. There's already signs of prices beginning to cool off, and as we know there's about to be a lot more of these opened as people search for that one in forty chance. The coming weeks will be a good time to fill the gaps in your playset collection.
>>
>>76892232
is there anywhere to buy this shit for a reasonable price? Everywhere I see her she's like $80 which is way over my comfort level.
>>
>>76892232
>>76893269
Is this the newest set? Not sure what’s current after AO4.
>>
>>
File: En05Fi5VcAIetj0.jpg (252 KB, 774x1038)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>76893269
>>76893479
I'm burger so I bought on eBay with free shipping to boot. It also helps that this is not a New Frontier legal (as in old) set and a lot of the 'powerful' cards from the set are banned or restricted in Wanderer/Origin so outside of the coomer factor of this here animu there is absolutely no reason to buy or hoard this box. In fact if I wanted to crack another one I'd go with the soft box for $10 less since I technically don't need the box topper. I missed pulling the trigger on this game years ago and no one has her for sale anywhere. well there is one full art for $75 but I'd rather have fun cracking packs instead plus who knows I might get lucky
>>
>>76891849
I don't know about Digimon, but FaB is going to be slow to start because of how they do printings.
>>
>>76893269
Where are you even looking? On TCGplayer she's like five bucks.

>>76893479
Echoes is from like 2017, though that character does have a card in a recent set.
>>
>>76894099
I see it on TCGplayer but it aint in stock
>>
>>76894174
The non-uber, non-full-art is.
>>
>>76894099
true but it's a resonator and a split card so ehh
>>
>>76892177
The Vanguard deck I'm tweaking requires serious decision-making based off hidden information that I can't accurately replicate objectively by myself.

If you know Vanguard, it's a premium cray deck based off of g2 stalling that can boom to stride. The g2 game can be extremely tactical.
>>
>>76894691
I tried googling what you said and turned up some research material on cell mitosis, so I'll just trust you on that one. Usually I go into testing with firm rules like "pick the best option I would've gone with if I didn't know the opponent has X card" or "either play to get into the ideal situation so your deck can do it's cool thing, or play so that you'll be stopped in every way possible from being able to do the cool thing", but I understand that the way certain games handle hidden information can make it impossible to simulate.
>>
>>76894833
LOL what did you google? And why? I spoke in plain English with common words.
>>
>>76894833
i think he means grade 2?
>>
>>76895441
Assuming you meant the first part of my post. The second part, as I said, you'd only understand if you were familiar with the common vernacular of Vanguard, which googling probably wouldn't help in the same way that a conversation amongst mtg players wouldn't be understood by a long search query.

But yes, I simply cannot test it against another deck with the idea of choosing the best play for each side. Unlike most games of mtg, as an example, where you have obvious plays 99% of the time, fighting as or against this Vanguard deck means you will have several decisions you have to make with insufficient information.
>>
>>76895491
Can you give examples of what happens? I've never played vanguard but am interested
>>
>>76895461
Yes, I meant grade 2. G2 games in Vanguard are already strategic in their own right, regardless of deck. This particular deck makes it worse for both players.
>>
I know it doesn't feature anime women, but do you guys think Marvel Champions is good?
>>
>>76895517
Important factors
>guarding in this game requires pitching cards from your hand to buff the unit being attacked
>AFTER you guard and set your defense to a certain number, the attacker reveals card(s) from the top of their deck that could make them overpower you if you didn't use enough defense. Or you can overguard and guarantee you don't take the hit, but you may have wasted cards you didn't need to, which can have consequences later
>you both start at level zero and can advance 1 level per turn unless you're going from 3 to 4 which can be done in the same turn. In the premium format, generally level 4 is maximum, HOWEVER, you may only go to level 4 if you're both currently at level 3. THIS IS A BIG DEAL because it means whoever goes to grade 3 first cannot go to level 4 yet, and level 4 is potentially game-ending shit. So sometimes one side will camp level 2 and dare the opponent to go to level 3 first. This is the G2 game.
>the deck I built makes these strategic considerations more complex for BOTH players
>>
So we're both at grade 0
>you go, ride (game term) to level 1
>I ride to 1
>you ride to 2
>I ride to 2
>you ride to 3
>I ride to 3, then 4, and you die

Nobody wants to go to grade 3 first unless they're absolutely sure they can tank the g4 hit from the opponent, and while you CAN survive, it's pretty dicey. So on your turn, even if you could ride to grade 3 you may choose not to. You're both stuck on grade 2 until somebody has the balls to ride to 3, and nobody HAS to. And there may also come a point during the G2 game where you've both taken enough damage that you might be able to ride to grade 3 first and kill them on that turn.
>>
>>76895589
Based
>>
File: Xingtian.png (1.27 MB, 696x900)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
Two more Gate Ruler reveals for Set Two
First is the Xingtian from Chinese mythology for Yomajin Front
>>
File: 1609372784686.jpg (205 KB, 732x1000)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Second is a new ATLAS Legendary, Dragon of the Apocalypse
>>
>>76895770
>all those heads
Damn you, +5 vorpal sword, you have failed me in my time of need!
>>
>>76895441
>>76895461
Searched for "premium cray g2 stalling", which in hindsight the words "premium cray" probably wasn't vanguard related.

>>76895589
>>76895692
Thank you for the explanation, seems like a neat part of the game to focus your deck around. At first glance it feels like against a proper deck, the turning point to go into level 3 is when you have the necessary cards to either survive the g4 hit, hit the opponent hard enough to make the trade off worth it, when you have enough pieces of your game plan that makes taking the hit worth it, or when you run out of options and you are forced to go into g3. Usually in a case where a card in hand will make or break that play, I would do the best play possible assuming the opponent didn't have anything to counter in hand, and in subsequent plays with the same two decks I would assume that they have knowledge of cards to watch out for from their opponent.

Maybe this will help your decision making when you playtest your decks, since it should be very close to what an opponent would do, but in the end this is just a surface level observation from someone who doesn't know much about vanguard. There's probably some higher level decision making that can't be simplified into the above options.
>>
>>76892439
I chuckled
>>
>>76895954
Strictly speaking I -CAN- play the deck against another deck solo, but since the game requires multiple decision points per turn I cannot be objective ENOUGH when I know so much extra information I wouldn't normally have. In many games, sure, I can mostly ignore that extra info and say "without this info, this would be my play," but there are too many decisions with long term consequences. I could play against myself for shits and giggles, but I'm into the real nitty-gritty phase of the deck tweaking where every single slot in the deck is a serious decision. The deck is totally playable the way it is, but I need a good 20+ actual games to see if [card A] needs to go down 1 copy, or maybe [card B] up one copy, really nitpicky shit.
>>
>>76895954
>At first glance it feels like
There are other factors at work in this game like damage denial as a weapon and other strategies I didn't cover, and I oversimplified the concepts I did explain because I'm not exactly trying to teach you everything about a game you've never played. Not being rude, but it seems a bit egotistical of you to explain to me how to properly play this game when you've never played it.
>>
>>76896181
Ahh, so you're in the end phase of deck tweaking then, I understand how that feels. Playing solo definitely wouldn't be enough to help there.

>>76896240
True, my bad. Was only hoping to offer insight on some general decision making when playing solo for a game that doesn't have a solo mode based on personal experience with other games. As you say though, playing solo is fine to learn a new game or get a feel for a deck, but for the final tweaks nothing beats practical experience.
>>
>>76896296
Some games simply don't play well solo. ScoreZ is a huge example of this. Top-tier decks will usually have tutor effects EVERY TURN, meaning you could have 20 different "good" decisions per player every turn. It would be like playing chess against yourself - you CAN, but there's little to no point.
>>
Mtg, on the other hand, would be one of the easiest to play solo, as there are typically very few "good" choices to make. There's usually just one option on most turns, really.

The more actual decision points in a game, the more difficult it is to play solo, and the complexity rises exponentially.

Pixel Tactics is a horrifying example of this, as every single card has 4 modes and 8-11 zones on the field they can be played. Plus the game uses an action point system you spend to play cards, use cards, attack, draw cards, move, clear, long move, etc. So while the game itself is not hard to learn, your viable "good" options every turn are many and varied. God I love that game.
>>
>>76896320
Tutoring decisions aren't that difficult, since you generally want stuff that is beneficial to you on a case by case basis (advance your gameplan, mitigate damage, opponent disruption, etc.). Stuff like using Wixoss ARTS cards (which are limited and gone for the game once you use them), and cards or plays that rely on an hidden information (advancing an agenda in Netrunner) for example are much harder decisions, especially when you have to account for both sides. That said, playing solo does help in some things, like familiarizing the flow of play for a new deck, or finding weak points you might have missed when against other specific decks you own. Certainly not something to look past when first learning games or lacking proper opponents.
>>
>>76896487
>Tutoring decisions aren't that difficult, since you generally want stuff that is beneficial to you on a case by case basis
Yes, but when you have (we'll even cut the number low here) 4 "best" options per turn, like either of those 4 seems perfectly reasonable, then as each turn goes by the decision tree grows exponentially and your objectivity becomes compromised. If you're just playing solo for fun this is perfectly fine, but it is completely impractical for making decisions on how to fine-tune your deck. Again, imagine playing chess with yourself - you don't even have the concern about hidden information because there is none, but you're not learning anything in a meaningful way.

And that's what I'm discussing - not playing for fun or playing with a brand new deck to get an idea of it, but when you have the deck 99% and now you need to make your final decisions on the build.

I don't know if you share that level of autism or not, but many games I've played it can be an agonizing process just to cut one copy of a card and add another.
>>
>>76896696
>And that's what I'm discussing - not playing for fun or playing with a brand new deck to get an idea of it, but when you have the deck 99% and now you need to make your final decisions on the build.
Oh no, we absolutely agree there, I am only discussing the other end of the spectrum where you ARE playing to pass the time or learn a deck, and someone would be discouraged from playing a bit of solo due to a perceived illusion of infinite choice.
>>
File: The Prophecy is True.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>76893169
>stores buy boxes
>high ev is supposed to incentivize stores to crack and start selling singles, thereby supporting local scenes
>everyone is locked down
>"it's not MtG REEEEE"
>stores raise box prices towards ev instead
I FINALLY UNDERSTAND
>>
>>76896860
You're not meant to get boxes
>>
>>76897018
I'd start playing that game if it was easier to get a starter set and some packs. I don't think I've ever even seen a F&B card, nor have I seen anyone actually playing.
>>
>>76896841
Oh, yeah, if you're just playing for fun or looking at a new deck then I don't think any game would inherently prevent you from doing so.
It's just my deck finalizing on pause until I can get an opponent.
>>
File: 1607406433194.jpg (250 KB, 867x1211)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>
File: BT4-037_e8a801en-US.jpg (296 KB, 744x1040)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>76897713
>>
>>76888548
I’ve been hating how expensive singles are in the game. $60 for E Strike and $75 for CoC and the crucible majestic armors are all $60 and going up now. It’s OBNOXIOUS to say the least. Anyway finally have a group GROUP to play with now so that’s goin good. Might make Kano blitz next.
>>
>>76897830
Cute!
>>
>>76897830
>1 damage for -2000 power
This seems bad. Is this bad?
>>
>>76897906
Yellow has effects that turn on based on the number of security cards you've got. For some of those, you'll want to be at a lower amount of security.
>>
>>76897964
That makes more sense. Does yellow have a way to capitalize on small DP decreases or would you need to splash green for that?
>>
File: BT4-048_86114ben-US.jpg (427 KB, 744x1040)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>76897998
That's what I was wondering when I first got the yellow starter deck. I'm under the impression that they want you to stack debuffs until your Digimon are strong enough to mow down theirs.
>>
>>76894099
I think I have retard disease because I bought the full art card, but then checked and wasn't sure if it was Foil or not. But I think only the standard version (non full art) and special black and white alter art version are foil cards. Or maybe full art flute is foil and they just didn't specify? I've never played this game, opened a pack or anything. I just wanted to buy cards with anime titties on them an got flummoxed over cardboard like a fool.
>>
>>76897713
Design a cat based card game.
>>
>>76896860
Rowdy said that this is the worst time for the singles market that he's ever seen, so that conclusion makes a lot of sense. In a world where going to a store can kill you, this is how the market is reacting.
>>
>>76897064
When you finally do get a flesh and blood card in your hand, you'll find that they're pretty impressive.

>pleasing gloss that's balanced
>each card face and back has a slight pearlescent sheen
>they glide like butter on top of one another

Opening my first box was a very very enjoyable experience. Also I wish they would've gone heavier on the starter deck prints. Next season they most likely will, but unfortunately they're all Blitz format (from 60 classic constructed to 40 card count).

>>76897858
They will be dropping in the next month or so, just hold tight. I think the most important generics will always hold a lot of value by they're going to come down from their high inflation in time.

Ever since it was mentioned that Moon/Sun do well in Wizard I've wanted to try my hand at making a deck for Kano. Still trying to wrap my head around deck building first, but I will get around to it eventually.
>>
>>76898116
I guess with stronger debuffs and enough strategic stacking it could be more effective. That Wargreymon definitely seems better alone and in combination with other effects.

Looking forward to playing some yellow either way.
>>
>>76898603
Exploding Kittens?
>>
File: omg-good.jpg (23 KB, 270x194)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>76899159
I'm loving it, I built multiple standard mtg decks to play with some friends for $30 each.
It's a great time to be playing if you have people you can play with
>>
>>76899584
Yeah for established games it’s great for the players. Sadly been buying sealed stuff myself (Wixoss mostly) and not been able to benefit from the reduced prices outside of maybe a few MtG foils to throw in the waifu pile.

Speaking of, for people using proxies and forwarding, is the Japanese singles market similarly affected right now? If Digimon is any indication they jumped on webcam play and safe purchasing really quick so I don’t want to assume their singles chrashed.
>>
>>76899504
Ew
>>
>>76900750
I concur. My brother bought this for my mom for the holidays one year and we had to all sit around the christmas dinner table playing that vile game. Haven't touched it ever since.
>>
>>76900831
>>76900750
how bad is it? i see it everywhere
>>
>>76901635
It stinks, Anon.
>>
>>76897998
>>76898116
Digimon will be destroyed if their DP is reduced to 0.
>>
Why doesn't that anon testing his deck just play against a friend?
>>
>>76903029
Who, FaB Ranger Bro or someone else?
>>
>>76903141
The Vanguard anon
>>76894691
>>
>>
>>76900308
buying z/x and lycee singles didn't notice any price drops
>>
>>76903657
>tfw you cant any of the english cards or packs
kill me
>>
>>76904003
Yeah I want copies of these gouf cards.
>>
File: 10013.jpg (587 KB, 500x700)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
Anyone try out the new Wixoss format yet? Thoughts? It seems like they're changing a lot.
>>
>>76903657
>>76904355
Is there a Big Zam?
>>
>>76899387
They're not reprinting the current hero decks?
>>
What game broke your heart, /acg/? Caster Chronicles going JP only right before releasing the Wonderland set broke me. Always been a Wonderland fan and FoW just doesn’t sit right with me.
>>
What sort of sleeves do you recommend for your cards? I'm looking for something that will protect, not interfere with shuffling, and is affordable.
>>
>>76907382
same, that and old bandai/konami stuff thats impossible to collect fully and gundam war
>>
>>76906275
Sadly haven’t gotten a chance yet but I’ve been meaning to set aside some time. Have the first two decks ready to go.

I’ve been reading through cards and they seem to have powered down almost all the effects across the board. Even the Pieces seem pretty lackluster. Spells are also weirdly overcosted. While I don’t mind that, the fact that they only printed a single legal Servant card bugs me, as it seems they want players to take more damage and trigger bigger bursts.
>>
>>76907597
Dragon Shields are the best, but I don't know what you consider to be "affordable."
>>
>>76907597
Dragon Shields are the best sleeves around, and they're also the most affordable when you take into account their longevity. It will be a cold day in Hell before you need to replace them.

However, if you play very little, Ultra Pro card sleeves are a more affordable option that also have a great shuffle feel. However, it is likely that you will need to replace them at least once, unless you play very occasionally.
>>
>>76907382
DBS. The core mechanics are so good, but the power creep and greed has ruined the game.
>>
>>76907382
MTG
>>
>>76907597
Recommending Dragon Shields just like other anons. $9-11 for 100, at least in burger town. Can also say Eclipses are fine but I don’t shuffle those up that often and can’t speak to the long-term viability like others can. The Eclipses I have are also smaller than the Dragon Shields, ever so slightly height wise.

>>76908140
Is there a particular moment? The power creep and bans have looked pretty terrible over the last few years but it seems like there are enough formats or ways to play (casual, cube, pile of decks, etc.). I stick to casual play with friends myself.
>>
>>76907132
As far as I know, no they're not. That was a part of Welcome to rathe alpha release.
>>
>>76908545
When they banned Faithless Looting and Hogaak.
It's one thing to print broken cards and then ban them, it's quite another to start banning old staples because they won't stop printing broken shit.
>>
>>76908592
Well that really sucks, I was hoping to get a set of them to play with a friend.
When does this next set come out?
>>
>>76908594
Hogaak seemed like a dumb thing to print, but I haven’t been up on modern in so long I can’t speak to Looting. I tend to agree with you though, that they shouldn’t have to scrap old staples. Sucks they keep printing broken shit, but at least I get new dwarves and shapeshifters and shit for my themed decks.
>>
>>76908759
Well, their new stated goal is to literally sell as much shit as possible, so it was inevitable for the game to go to hell in one way or another.
Sometimes I'm tempted to buy more cards, but the card stock has been getting worse for years now.
>>
>>76908798
Yeah that’s a shitshow. The last cards I bought were Theroes 2 I think, where the stock was better than it has been but worse than it should be. Using a bunch of the crappy stock cards to test game ideas since it’s all chaff kindling anyway.

On the topic of card stock, the Wixoss Diva-00 cards I bought curled ever so slightly, which was shocking. Also weird, only the booster cards seemed to have done so, where the precon cards look fine. Don’t exactly have them in laboratory conditions but still.
>>
>>76906275
Speaking only for the first two starters, but the lack of Attack phase assist LRIGs, less Guard cards, and only one Piece sucks. Otherwise feels alright, thanks to the higher numbers on the SIGNIs you could potentially overwhelm a Key deck early, and for Ancient Surprise atleast it feels like they moved the removal effects to the SIGNIs more. Getting the booster assist LRIGs and Pieces will probably be top priority though.
>>
>>76907686
>>76909059
Key had a crazy amount of power creep, so it feels like they're really trying to dial it down for Diva. On the SIGNI side it makes sense, since all decks are now 3-stop, but some of the ener pricing and the lack of attack-phase interaction is jarring. The ener I can kind of understand - it felt like Key was a little too ener-efficient, and it removed some of the resource management aspects of the game I enjoyed from the first era of the game.

It's interesting that they've cut their already cheap starter decks to an even lower price - I can't think of a single other game that has starters for $5. I think part of the weakness of the Diva starters is partly because they want you to buy a pack or two to improve it - if you do the cost works out to about the same as the Key starters. (Although Key starters, even the early, weaker ones, will easily stomp any of the Diva starters.)

>>76907597
Echoing other anons, Dragon Shields are great - nigh indestructible. That being said, sometimes they feel a bit stiff, meaning the edges get a bit pokey. I've loved the Eclipses I've used, and I think they feel even better than Dragon Shield, but I can' speak to the long-term longevity as much. For budget options, Ultra Pro's pro-mattes are pretty decent; they shuffle well and don't fall apart easily, although I find they do wear out faster and attract more dirt and grime than the more premium products. I've had some good KMC hyper mattes as well, but their smaller pack size and inconsistent quality mean that you'll usually be better off just going with Dragon Shields or Eclipses at that price point.

>>76908908
The placement of cards on that table physically hurts me.
>>
>>76908629
I first heard april, now I'm hearing it is pushed to may. They're releasing a set of blitz decks for monarch, I suspect them to be all new classes and heroes. Also to that speculation I would like to point out a clue hidden on the backs of the cards themselves. There's a ring around the center that features unique symbols, spread out in quadrants with four icons in each one. We've seen eight classes so far and the next season is likely to bring eight more. My question is. How are they going to expand the classes whilst still supporting the new ones and have them all on equal footing? Speculatively they would have to take turns focusing on 8 at a time or they risk diluting the card pool too much that you would struggle to have sealed events. Who knows what LSS has planned, but I know they have confidence in this game's future.
>>
>>76898603
You and your opponent are crazy cat ladies that both live in the same area, battling to see who can amass the most cats. Using treats, toys, and occasionally sabotaging your opponent's stuff, you try to attract and maintain the interest of strays in the neighborhood without getting animal services called on you.
>>
>>76909347
That's a game my aunt could get behind. She's been supporting a cat colony on her property for ten years.
>>
>>76909345
Hmm I recall seeing one of rudy's fab q&a videos that hinted at the answer to this question, though now I have completely forgotten the relevant question and answer.
>>
>>76903029
>>76903223
I literally said in my very first post responding to the TQ
>I have the cards, but I need my friend to playtest against

We've had conflicting schedules, so we'll play when we get an opportunity.
>>
>>76909375
Based cat aunt.
>>
>>76909403
Ooh yeah I saw that too and didn't play at the time so I forgot. I'll have to go back and rewatch it now.
>>
File: wow tcg.png (4.03 MB, 791x1108)
4.03 MB
4.03 MB PNG
I'd kill for a paper scene near me for WoW TCG. It's a genuinely superior game to Hearthstone, its successor.
>>
How many anons in these threads like Cute & funny card games?

Is there more than one anon that prefers Wild & silly games instead.
>>
File: 001406-l.jpg (169 KB, 250x349)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>76909540
>>
>>76909540
Depends on what you mean wild and silly.
>>
>>76909540
Cute and funny is nice, but I definitely prefer wild and silly.
>>
File: rowdyruff.png (115 KB, 920x850)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>76909675
>>76909540
You know, like the RowdyRuff Boys to the PowerPuff Girls.
>>
File: 20200604_015052.jpg (2.07 MB, 3264x2448)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Wild! Silly!
>>
>>76909675
Wild & sILLY
>>
File: 1598973186279.png (352 KB, 300x419)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>
>>76909332
The resource management from the pre-Key sets made the game more interesting in the early game, instead of treating level 4 like an inevitability. Especially while playing some tempo/control strategy. Resource denial at every stage with Tawil was a lot of fun. I don’t mind Key at all but I miss that, and keep my old LRIGs instead of going for the 0-cost upgrades from All-Star. Not that I get much opportunity to play them.

And the cost is interesting. I miss the boxes (I’m a hoarder), and also don’t like the thinner, flimsier playmats from the $5 decks, but I’m happy I can grab all four new decks for $20. Wonder if they’ll bring the $10 decks back in future.
>>
>>76909332
Could be wrong but I thought the Digimon starters are also $5 in Japan.
>>
File: young hero.jpg (40 KB, 344x480)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>76893169
Massive kek, MM relisted, they had a lot more. Oh yes, the door is closing on this inflated price alright, they want to sell before it dips. I look forward to getting boxes for 80 bucks again soon.
>>
>>76909865
>>
>>76908629
>>76909345
April 30 iirc, so practically May.

>expand the classes
CRU sets precedent for non-draft sets. There's no rule saying they can't have a yearly supplemental that sprinkles new cards in for underperformers. Generics can also be used to tweak classes indirectly. I, baselessly, think we're headed for more of a yugioh situation than mtg. Classes are archetypes not colors.
>>
>>76887020
We need a cardgame comprised solely of musclegirls
>>
Digimon's excessive amount of unique promos is mad gay. Does the price for promos tend to get really high for DBS ones? Never looked into that game.
>>
>>76910874
They are.
>>
>>76911306
Muscle lolis?
>>
>>76911256
Gotenks is best fusion
>>
>>76911879
Never got a fusion dance card, and never had any Goten cards, so I didn’t use him back in the day.
>>
>>76911990
I tried to build him, but it's soooooo easy to cancel the fusion that it's just not worth the effort, unfortunately.
>>
All the fusions in the game suffer from it, so the only time you'll see it is as a 1-of if you're already using Goku or Vegeta since it's not a huge opportunity cost to slot it in.
>>
>>76911879
I hate Gotenks. Worst fusion, unless you count obscure vidya-only characters and even then he ranks below a few.
>>
>>
>>76912149
>I hate Gotenks.
What? How can anyone hate Gotenks?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (534 KB, 2048x1052)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
Digimon Booster 5 reveals have started.

Agumon - [When Played] Reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [Greymon] in its name and 1 Digimon card with [Omegamon] in its name to your hand. Return any remaining cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.

Greymon - [When Evolving] If this Digimon has a card named [Agumon] in its Evolution Sources, gain +1 Memory
Inherited Effect: [Your Turn] If this Digimon has [Greymon] or [Omegamon] in its name, this Digimon gains +2000 DP.
>>
>>76913625
I wonder if the Omegamon(s) that are going to be in this booster are going to powercreep the old one out of relevancy, or at least lower its desirability in some way.
I just want the damn thing to stop being like 50 bucks
>>
File: Omekamon.jpg (334 KB, 710x710)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>76913625
It's time.
>>
>>76888125
I wish I still had these. I traded all of mine for YuGiOh cards in junior school though. Based game
>>
File: DSC_0410.jpg (1.62 MB, 3136x1244)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Open my "Epic of Dragon Lord" box got lucky with god pack. Not sure if I preorder 2 boxes of nest set or only one. I don't play the game, only collecting. Also really enjoyed art in this set
>>
>>76915093
Is it just me or are those cards curling already
>>
>>76915093
That white semitransparent text box hurts my feelings.
>>
>>76913625
Still waiting for an option that buffs all Agumon.
>>
Is there a judge program for the DCG?
>>
>>
Diva decks are already up to like $9-12 each, which is nuts. I wonder if there will be another wave of decks hitting the market to put it back down to $5, or if new players have to deal with the markup and wait for different decks later on.
>>
>>76918266
In my experience this usually happens to Wixoss decks. You can get preorders at a reasonable price, then the first wave sells out and the price doubles, and then a second printing pushes the price back to MSRP, and it generally stays there until well after the deck is out of print. Which is a long-winded way of saying I'd be very, very surprised if Diva doesn't get another printing and prices return to normal.
>>
>>76918373
Well I should have preordered earlier, instead of waiting like an idiot. Was gonna order two of each in the off chance that a friend likes the game enough to want their own deck, but I guess I’ll wait or scrap that plan altogether.
>>
>>
File: 1609608846023.jpg (288 KB, 863x1200)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
Bros, I'm having a hard time making decisions for building my first Flesh and Blood deck. What kind resources have you guys used to learn the ins and outs of decision making for constructed play?
>>
>>76919474
Just build two of the WtR Hero decks
>>
>>76919818
you mean precons? I'm wanting to build my own though.
>>
>>76913625
Omega Red decks are gonna be soooooo good.
>>
File: U-ARC109.width-450.png (450 KB, 450x628)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>76919474
No idea because I don't want to play anything from WTR so I haven't even tried yet. The two most basic things are probably have a plan for you deck, and make sure your average hand can pitch properly - eg. consider that yellow cards might bring your average pitch up but that sucks if you're relying on them to play 3+ cost cards because you can't pitch 1 to play 1; those blues are worth it.
Deck building seems harder than magic in that way.

The only legitimate high level strategy commentary right now seems to be Session Blood, but I haven't gone through their stuff so idk if they do deck building specifically.
>>
>>76920508
>by 3+ I really mean 3
Thresholds matter, please forgive the hiccup.
>>
>>76913625
Higher level Greymons already have several good options and the ST1 and Promo Agumons already see lots of play so that Greymon will be REALLY good. To the point where some decks will be unsleeving their BlackTyrannomons.
>>
>>76913625
Prediction: the new Omega will be Blue/Black or Blue/Yellow and Zwart-D will be Red/Purple.
>>
>>76919474
This might sound a bit goofy, but to learn Brute, and Guardian I checked out the Master Class articles on Channel Fireball. The info on matchups, card choices, and archetypes in your own class were extremely helpful. I think they also have articles on Blitz Runeblade, and Ranger, and some good stuff like how to evaluate cards. Once you understand the rough mechanics, and what archetype you are going for, build your gameplan using the most powerful cards you can get your hands on. I go for a midrange gameplan, so I have a decent mix of all 3 colors, with as many of "silver bullet" cards that, if I need to, I can just pitch or block with like Big Horn, and Smash! In reality, even with all that I'd suggest you look at other people's decks, because I think you WILL miss good generic cards for your deck, which a good slew of decklists are easy to find on their own site. If you want a good database, then of course fabdb.net is solid. I am going to my first CC event soon, so I'm not expert, but I can do my best to help suggest cards if you wanna say what class you wanted to run.
>>
>>76919474
In addition to what others have said, there's Metrix Daily and the Radio Reflex podcast. Most of the content right now is on getting in or investing unfortunately so high level discussion is hard to come by outside of what already exists.

Worse, there are a lot of people who will give "advice" who since there are very few local metas actually out there, fewer that are seriously tested, a lot of people are just worse than they think. Seriously, I've heard respected people say bracers are mandatory but mask isn't.
>>
>>76913625
>ST1 Agumon
>Promo Agumon
>2 drop Agumon
Ye this is a good Greymon
>>
>>
>>76910991
How many boxes did you buy the first time around?
>>
>>76906275
So finally got around to playing the Diva decks. Only major alterations were the Assists I replaced but they didn’t impact much.

First, the sanbaka deck seems stronger in the long term with the ability to get guards and bounce SIGNI back from the discard pile. Their Piece also just shits on the opponent if they have no Attack phase effects (which they likely won’t). Maybe Ancient Surprise would have won if I used Harmony Call but Assassin and Lancer only do so much if the opponent can Guard and your Double Crusher can’t get through. Need to try more games and see if Ancient Surprise really just wants to explode out quicker.

I definitely don’t like how few guards there are. I’m gonna keep the decks Diva legal for now but I may end up adding in other Servants to make the decks viable against my Key decks. Also the lack of attack phase effects was annoying, and waiting to put the Assists in play for their removal or advantage effects didn’t slow either side down since an assist can catch up in level so quickly.

tldr the game was a little grindy, interaction was limited, and one deck’s combos seemed better than the other’s. Will have to try more games and use more of the non-starter cards.
>>
File: Tsudoishi Kizuna Ga.png (1.16 MB, 1351x561)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Digibros, i want this so badly.
Do you think it's worth it for someone like me, who doesn't have someone to play with?
>>
>>76926257
You've tried your LGS already? Worst case scenario you can always play online through webcam. There's a r*ddit server with a webcam channel.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (606 KB, 1062x576)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>76913625
soon.
>>
>>76926257
Definitely looks fun.
>>76926298
Yeah between cam and untap you should be able to get games in if you can’t talk friends or locals into it.
>>
>>76926303
Who on the left?
>>
>>
>>76920508
>The two most basic things are probably have a plan for you deck, and make sure your average hand can pitch properly
Well all I knew was I wanted to use all the good cards I pulled for Ranger. I started with a LSS offical blitz deck for Azalea just to see the anatomy of a proper Ranger build. I found instantly that I didn't want to rely on so much card draw, because that deck used a fistfull of cheap red cards every turn and it needed to replenish them to work. So I took those out and replaced with cards that fished for specific cards from my deck, like Nock The Death Whistle x2. Those were blue so I knew I could rely on them for more costly cards. I was very fortunate to pull one copy each of Enlightened Strike and Command and Conquer, so those were then thrown in and and I swapped them for some attack reactions that were meant to buff weaker attacks. My logic in this was that those two attacks were good enough on their own that I could survive without relying on so much red pump actions. This decision ultimately proved to be an effective one, but I'd like to try out those cards I cut another time. Finally I had a Red in the Ledger foil that was begging to be used, so I cut a sickem shot for it because I felt like I needed less reliance on go again thanks to my changes.

All in all my first deck construction was actually pretty fabulous once I broke down and started with a proper base.

>>76921483
I'm Ranger Anon. I appreciate the tips, I'll certainly look for those articles. Thanks. Just got back from my first Armory event,
in short it was FUCKING AWESOME! Good luck to you when you go out to play.

>>76922580
I was really weary of just listening to what some youtuber recommended based on their meta, so I didn't really waste looking up hot tip videos before and I'm kinda happy I had a more organic experience with this.
>>
File: WXK01-053.jpg (81 KB, 300x421)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
File: ninja mask.png (418 KB, 400x558)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
So I had an amazing time going out to the Pub Gamestore. Finally got to meet some more players, joined my first armory event and at long last got my hands on a first edition box. I was really nervous for a lot of reasons going out there but very pleased that I went for it. Here's my matchups and their resolution:

First game was against a man that was handed a Heart of Fyendal before we started fighting, he slid it into his binder with with what looked like a near complete set of FaB cards. I knew this was going to be a match up between someone who had it all verses someone who barely had enough. His Fyendal Spring tunic cold foil was capped by a cold foil ninja mask; I could sense this was going to be really hard for me to win right up front. He was playing Ira that had a needle and a dagger (also CF) and he got to go first. Thankfully the group I was playing with was pretty welcoming to a new blood like me, and this guy did a good job of explaining everything to me to get us through the match. It was touch and go, I blocked a lot of attacks because I was aware bad things happen when you let the Ninja get their combos off. At one point I was taking heavy hits even though I was blocking often, lowering down to 5 hp, but eventually I got two decisive turns off and got Ira down to 1 hp. I could almost see the finish line, but then suddenly Ira started regaining health. I was prepared to quit when we were at 7 and 1 with all my cards going to stopping his turns from finishing me. He told me "you could still win this one. It's entirely possible." So I persisted, trying to survive with enough cards in hand to actually hit back. Eventually he got through to finish me off, but I survived three more turns than I was expecting to last. If I was skilled enough I could've played the cards in the right order to win, but I consider it still a valiant effort that I got him to 1 hp. I learned a lot and it was a good match, that's what counts most of all.
>>
>>76929856
As basic as that effect is, I like it more than a lot of the other cards in Piruluk’s precon. If I do every make minor adjustments to that deck, I’ll remember her.
>>
File: U-WTR041.jpg (165 KB, 546x762)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>76929969
Match up 2: Bravo's big show. The player was a regular in the group but he said he made this deck in the car ride over to the pub. Playing against him was tough because there was even more pressure to block due to crush effects threatening to wreck my turn. I was taking a ton of damage really early on, bringing me down to six before I finally found my footing and fought back. I learned a lot from my game earlier, and the deck decisions I made really started to shine in this game. I struck him with an Enlightened strike and then a Red in the Ledger which brought his fancy techtonic armor down quickly. Finally I was able to set up repeating endless arrow shots and knocked him down to 1 in just a few turns. From there I was struggling to find all the defense power I needed to survive, dumping my whole hand every turn to not die. Eventually he got me down to 1 but neither of us could break through in time for the game to conclude. I got my first draw and felt so close to victory. Next time I would be ready.
>>
File: first blood.jpg (1.2 MB, 2560x1921)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>76930057
Final match for the evening pitted me against a brand new player, which I felt really good about because I wanted a calmer slower match to really feel out my deck and see what was missing from it. Dude brought Katsu holding both daggers; I was feeling pretty confident going into this thanks to the earlier encounter with a ninja. My deck certainly is close to being tuned I feel. I was able to lay the arrows on thick and keep him ducking for cover the whole game. He was still very fresh to FaB and made lots of mistakes, but I had as much experience with the game that he had so it could've gone either way realistically. He hadn't taken a swipe at me until late game, but he got Azalea to 7 hp eventually. We went to time at 1 and 7 and I walked away with a victory

So first armory event went really well. I learned a lot about the game, much more than I could have from a video or article. One of my matches was a "bye" so I walked away with the following record:
1 loss 1 draw 2 wins in that order. Received two promo commons and two packs of my choice. Looking forward to my next event for sure, I love this game already. It's amazing how even when things look bleak you can still hand a shot at winning.
>>
>>76927602
Alphamon. Unless you mean far left and backwards, that's magnamon.
>>
>>76911728
We'll introduce them as an archetype in the third set.
>>
File: 7-088L_eg.jpg (411 KB, 429x600)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
I've been wanting to buy some stuff off yuyu-tei lately, but I don't know what the best choice to use as a forwarding service would be, particularly with shipping options so restricted right now. I used buyee to order something off yja a few months back, and I kind of feel like they fucked me on the shipping so I'm not sure I trust tenso much, but I'm not sure what if any other alternatives are viable.
I figure regulars here probably have some perspectives?
>>
>>76929183
Ranger anon! Its good to hear you are getting out there. Sorry I don't have better advice dude. It sounds like your first event really well.
>>76929969
>>76930057
>>76930185
Exciting games, sorry the last one was a bye round, but you kinda just gotta take those. I hope the next time is better.
>>
File: Ermf7maVcAIA_yj.jpg (647 KB, 951x1295)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
Battle o Omega spoilers continue with a Gabumon and Garurumon counterpart to yesterday's Agumon and Greymon.

Gabumon is basically identical to Agumon.
>>
File: ErmgAF8VEAU52pv.jpg (236 KB, 951x1295)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>76931407
Garurumon is slightly different. His on-Digivolve effect is the same but his inheritable increases Garurumon or Omegamon DP by only 1k, but during both players' turns instead of only during your own like Greymon did.
>>
File: SDAO1-022.png (4.91 MB, 1489x2079)
4.91 MB
4.91 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>76930221
That’s who I was asking about. Thanks.
>>
File: cap-20201113-009327.jpg (411 KB, 861x490)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
Would anyone want spoilers from the Battle Spirits Twitter for cards from the upcoming Iron Blooded Orphans + SEED Destiny booster? If not I won't bother.
>>
>>76933409
I have no idea what that is, but if it has Gundam I'm curious.
>>
>>76933409
sack up just post them
>>
Hey are digimon cards worth anything? I've a bunch of old first editions and holos.
>>
>>76933409
sure, no zeon?
>>
>>76910991
ira haze
ira haze
call her crimson ira haze she wont answer anymore
>>
>>
File deleted.
How many starter decks should I buy to get a playset of everything in Digimon?
>>
>>76931423
Omni swings over everything anyway, a 1k boost during opponents turn is better than greymon
>>
>>76934090
2. But don't pay scalpers anon, that's the Timmy move.
>>
File: hans!.jpg (777 KB, 1200x1600)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
>>
File: pyramid of my wife.jpg (4.11 MB, 4032x3024)
4.11 MB
4.11 MB JPG
>>76932366
MY WIFE ZERO is CUTE
>>
>>76930817
I've been pretty happy with zenmarket, the only catch is they charge a flat finders fee of 300 yen. Not great for lots of small items, so singles might be a wash.
>>
>>76930988
>sorry the last one was a bye round, but you kinda just gotta take those.
I would've loved to have gotten another game in to learn the ropes and sharpen my deck, but ultimately it was the best BYE! I ever received. This was a Gaming Pub after all, and they offered a discount on my purchase if I dined in, so I grabbed a couple beers and a large fried pretzel. Super tasty, allowed me to take a step away from the large group and unwind. I had an awesome time. While I was enjoying the down time I chatted with one of the owners of the place about FaB; he's the one that talked me into showing up and he gifted me a rare hero and dual rare weapons from Cru for coming. All in all this was the first 'fun' thing I've done outside my house in nearly a year; I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Only catch is that I live in Florida, people are generally careless out there, so I'm going into self isolation for a short while until I know I was safe. I really hope that nothing will come of this, it'll put a damper on my first Flesh and Blood encounter if I catch the virus. Fingers crossed I won't be punished for living a little.
>>
File: 20210113_235804.jpg (611 KB, 898x1269)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>76933466
>>76933488
Got it. As a short summary, Battle Spirits is a monster vs monster (called Spirits) game that uses cores as its main resource to play cards. It has its own anime and stuff, but it often has collab boosters with other franchises, such as Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Gundam, among others.

>>76933628
So far the only UC series suits they have are from Unicorn, so they have stuff like the Dra-C and Geara Zulus, but nothing from early UC.

>Gundam Barbatos (First Form)
>Family: MS, Tekkadan
>Lvl 1/2/3 When Summoned - You may reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Among them, add a "Tekkadan" family card that does not have "Gundam Barbatos (First Form)" in its name to your hand. Discard the remaining cards.
>Lvl 2/3 Your End Step - If any of your Spirits attacked this turn, you may summon a cost 4 or less Spirit card with "Barbatos" in its name, without paying its cost.
>>
>>76934317
Not gonna lie I'd fuck your wife if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1591723974755.jpg (4.96 MB, 4032x3024)
4.96 MB
4.96 MB JPG
>>76934663
You'll have to get through me first with my cancerous death and taxes deck
>>
>>76930185
Good to hear you enjoying that event, anon. My area has no events to speak of due to lockdown, so I'm stuck wistfully looking at listings for that cold foil Kassai I want. Glad to hear you snagged that first edition CRU box, too. Good luck with your pulls!
>>
My L5R is finally getting home
>>
How does FaB deal with first player advantage? There is no penalty that I can see.
>>
>>76937539
At the end of the first turn, both players draw up to hand size instead of just the active player. If you try to go off hard turn 1 your opponent will be able to block with whatever they want and still have a full turn.
>>
I'm not sure if these games are still a thing, but if I enjoyed yugioh would I enjoy force of will or card casters? What other card games could scratch that itch if I enjoy yugioh?
>>
>>76937539
Oftentimes, going first is entirely dependent on what deck you want to play. Contrary to other card games, usually it's best if decks that rely on setup or more defensive decks go first, so that you deny your opponent a mulligan and you can set up properly for the first "real" turn.

Because defending player draws up to hand size during their first turn, you only really want to apply pressure on the first turn if:
-You have cards you want to get rid of from your hand, either by pitching or by attacking
-You want to start burning your opponent's cards or life if you're going for a fatigue strategy
-You can push through ~12 damage on your first turn.

Ninja is usually pretty good when they go first as they can usually threaten at least 4 attacks with a 4-card hand, meaning that they're guaranteed to push a bit of damage through. Runeblade usually wants to go first because they can just play a read the runes or set up some runechants. Mech can usually lay down an item. Aggressive decks tend to want to go second, so that they can mulligan hard if an opponent attacks and their gas isn't used on the first turn on a mostly ineffective attack.
>>
>>76937677
try both of those and give crusaders of lornia and vanguard a try
>>
>>76937899

Oh I saw a video review of Lornia a while back, it did seem like a fun alternative.
>>
>>76937948
its the closest your going to get to a yugioh clone for the most part. great game
>>
File: WIN_20210113_152236.jpg (396 KB, 1327x1223)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>76906275
For those that like reading long, rambling essays about card games, I put my thoughts on my shitty blog. https://wixossacademia.blogspot.com/

>>76925952
I've only played with the stock lists, but it feels pretty balanced. Ancient surprise balances out the Nijisanji deck by having stronger attack-phase interaction (Umr-Down is solid, while if you choose Lize as your main Nijisanji has no attack phase effects at all, and Lize-Assist L2 is mediocre). Further, Ancient Surprise has better ener production, and lower grow costs on its assist LRIGs, so while it's easy to loop servants using Gibara, Nijisanji often lacks the ener to do that while still reliably pushing damage. The timing on Nijisanji's lifebursts is a lot more restrictive, too - a lot of them don't really work in the early game since they either need cards in trash or spare ener to spend. Ancient Surprise doesn't have the same problem.

As far as guards go, it's not as bad as I feared - there are more ways to recycle them if you can draw them early. Sometimes you don't see one for way too long, though, and can't recycle them at all, which is frustrating. The lack of attack-phase interaction sucks. Why are all the Pieces so dam awful?

Pic is a win for Ancient Surprise. Nijisanji ran into ener problems, as usual, while Surprise was able to deploy its cards in a timely manner.
>>
>>76938273

Are they still making sets or is it one of those dead cardgames?
>>
>>76937490
what do you mean?
>>
>>76937539
I went last in three of my games and I felt like it boils down to what this anon said >>76937806
As well as the fact that as the first turn going... if you don't have items or defenses to set up you feel pressured to take a swipe at the opponent. If you're using your biggest hitting cards, you're losing them for a chance to sock your foe when they could be several cards down. As a new player I almost preferred to go second because it informed an appropriate follow up.
>>
>>76938318
The only real changes I made were adding these booster Anges since I also had Lize as my center (though the pictured Lize is a decent card), and this Piece I never got around to using. I didn’t notice the issues with sanbaka’s resources or LB timing, but one game is hardly conclusive. Eager to play more. Also gonna go through your posts later since I’ll take any English Wixoss context, or at least try it.

>Umr-Down is solid
So good. She’s really just a modal Don’t Move but I’ll take it.

>Why are all the Pieces so dam awful?
Is it possible that Pieces just aren’t worth using at this point? Instead we should be putting in multiple lvl2 Assists. Tawil-Colors on turn 2 for an early push and limit increase, growing to either Burst or Soapiness for your choice of attack phase removal. Umr-Clear for early hand fuckery and protection, with Down ready for a stronger defense later on. Lize’’ for a double LRIG attack with Lize’ at the ready. Angel and Toko having similar removal and recursion/blocker options.
>>
>>76938318
Appreciate the link to your blog, anon. I've been interested in WIXOSS for a long time and never really got into it because my Japanese has been stagnating at N5, so writeups about the gameplay have been helpful in letting me understand how the game plays and lets me form some opinions on it.

What would you recommend for someone who doesn't want to import too much and wants to get in the game for a play-out-of-the-box-like experience? Are the intro decks reasonably balanced against one another outside of their pairs/sets? Can I play decks from across cycles against each other and still have a reasonably fun time?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodaLld8Qzs
Behold, the first Digimon deck that actually runs a serious risk of decking itself out.
>>
>>76938511
Crusaders of Lornia is very very dead. Only made 1 set.
Vanguard is still quite alive, though. Ten+ years and counting.
>>
>>76939154
Different anon but
>Are the intro decks reasonably balanced against one another outside of their pairs/sets?
If they’re printed close to each other, more or less. For instance WDK01 though 03 are weaker than the pair of decks in WDK05, 06, etc., which is weaker than the later decks like WDK09 though 17, but not by insurmountable margins. Also small chances like one or two better Arts does a lot.

>Can I play decks from across cycles against each other and still have a reasonably fun time?
This is a little more variable. The new Diva (WXDi numbered) decks seem weaker than basically any Key (the WDK) decks, and earlier decks are kinda more varied in strength and Arts count. For trying out the game I’d recommend picking one format at first.
>>
The nice thing about Crusaders is that except for like 2-3 cards it's all dirt cheap straight from the creator. Last I bought stuff, $1 per booster pack, and they have all singles available.
>>
>>76934459
Are the starter decks for BS any good? Which one should I buy? I'm interested in Gundam, Digimon and Kamen Rider if that helps.
>>
>>76934459
Are all the Gundam cards just the mechs, or are their characters as well?
>>
>>76939481
>their
Triggered my own autism
*there
>>
>>76938873
Bought a box of classic L5R but it got stuck in customs.
It's finally been released
>>
>>76939395
>>76939051
Is there a limited format for WIXOSS? I imagine it might be difficult to do so given how LRIGs work, but I'm always interested if it is possible to make a decent cube for it.
>>
>>76939154
Realistically, any decks you can find on Amazon.jp or wherever at a decent price should be pretty good.

Echoing >>76939395, Diva decks a bit weak, and a bit lacking in interaction, but they're a good way to get a solid feel for the rules of the game without being overly heavy on synergy, and are also very cheap (it's like $5 per starter, although I can't find the second wave of decks listed anywhere when they're due for release tomorrow - covid may be messing with their distribution).

As far as an optimal gameplay experience, the best starters in my opinion art the late Key era decks - WXK-D09 Blue Umr through to WXK-D17 Black Alfou, ignoring the Nijisanji set (which is absurdly overpowered) and White Emma (a tie-in with the Promised Neverland that is the most boring and low-effort product Wixoss has ever made - a shame since their usual standards are very high). These decks are powerful, synergistic, and offer extremely solid gameplay and a decent jumping in point if you want to go nuts on customizing them later. Most are also still readily available at reasonable prices. Realistically, any 2 decks with a WXK code (Key format) will give you some good games, though. Dual decks (like WXK-D06 Dual Blood) are also nice, as you get two full decks that are reasonably balanced against each other.

>>76939749
None that I've heard of. It's theoretically possible, but you'd have to house-rule a decent amount. Although Diva might be a decent point to start - it's done away with LRIG-type restrictions, so the only weird synergy thing to worry about is assist LRIG grow trees - which could be addressed by using older LRIG deck level 4s and ARTs with Diva format SIGNI.
>>
File: AS.jpg (177 KB, 724x1252)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>76940091
>>76939154
A quick addendum - I'd avoid the decks listed as WXA - these are for the all-star format (all sets are legal, like legacy in mtg), and while they're quite powerful and fun to play (and cheap and readily available to boot), they're also very heavy on synergy, and unlike the playsets included in most other starters, these decks have a ton of 1-of and 2-ofs, which makes it really hard to get a grasp on what your cards do unless you read japanese. Which can be a nightmare when the decks all have so much synergy, interaction, and silver bullets. I've been playing Wixoss more or less since the start, and they're still a bit overwhelming for me.

If you feel confident in your ability to remember large numbers of cards (or just read japanese at a decent level), they could make a great battle box - but the same can be said of many of the other decks, and they have much lower barriers to entry.
>>
>>76939749
A cube would be hard because of card limits, but the other anon is right in that Diva removes limits so if you can work out a way to make sure players got at least one full LRIG line, it’d work a lot better.

>>76940250
One way to counter the 1 and 2 of cards in the WXA decks is to buy two copies, which is easily doable for the ones still at or around the $5 mark. Donna in particular is a cheap and straightforward deck where the synergies are just buff stacking and the effects are mostly searches. Complexity could be an issue, if if you were just going to buy 2-3 decks to learn, you’d have a lot of time to familiarize yourself with it.
>>
>>76940780
>>76940250
From my browsing of the Wiki, a lot of the LRIGs seem to rely heavily on "packages" of cards to play well. Is that true in normal gameplay? For example, would it be possible to build a satisfying Layla deck without Riding Machines, or Guzuko without Playground Equipment? I imagine the "main" LRIGs are a bit more flexible than that aspect.

From the wiki information on the DIVA format, it looks like it'd be most conducive to a limited format because of supporting LRIG giving structure and flexibility to deckbuilding during the draft, I agree.
>>
>>76941066
Simply put, for All-Star and especially for Key, no. There are a few useful SIGNI without limiting factors that can be slotted into any deck (Haniel and Michael for example work very well with certain Tama builds, any Tama build, and generically well with any LRIG who wants to run white) across a few archetypes but most LRIG want to do specific things. Certain LRIGs like Layla have a unique mechanic or style they want to build around and not using it is a bad idea, where LRIG like Piruluk just generally care about discarding so any discard/draw effects within a variety of tempo or control strategies across a variety of shells accomplish this.

Diva LRIG so far seem less specialized. At, for instance, wants to buff things and Umr wants to shift SIGNI around. While there are definitely packages made for taking advantages of these effects as the main LRIG, At can buff any spread of differently classed SIGNI, and shifting a double crush (generally red) or a lancer (green) or assassin (red or black) SIGNI with Umr can score you the hit you need with or without her specialized blue SIGNI.

Also note that there’s no reason you couldn’t include Key or All-Star main LRIGs in a mostly Diva-focused cube. You can also have a pile of 0s set aside as base Assists (like the free basic lands) so you don’t have to worry as much about SIGNI with limiting factors if you choose to include them. Draft a Lucifel but don’t have the correct LRIG? Go to the level 0 box and make one of your Assists Ulith. It would limit your LRIG deck options (since no level 1+ Assists exist for her) but you could expand the draftable cards that way. Also Wixoss allows proxies level 0s even at competition so don’t feel the rule-abiding need to buy multiple copies of every 0 you want.
>>
File: 1606607862551.jpg (136 KB, 928x1352)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Cat
>>
Exceed has been a big hit with my table lately. We were all burnt out on the Magic arms race and ended up picking up this so we could still have competitive card nights but without all the rare hunting
>>
>>76942306
What type of aesthetics?
>>
>>76942306
which season?
I actually dig their OC seventh cross universe, though its one of set of characters I've barely played with.
>>
>>76942459
It is supposed to emulate fighting games but since each season is a different franchise the aesthetics vary. 2nd season has a very 90s anime look, 3rd season is Street Fighter, 4th season is Shovel Knight, and upcoming 5th season is Blazblue. The games are generally pretty quick and you can mix and match the seasons without issue.
>>
>>76942577
We got all of 3 and 4 since we were familiar with the source material. Only one box of 2 but we are going to fill that out soon.
>>
>>76942606
The ugliest season is the newest with Blazblue I think.
Using sprites for the moves just looks ugly imo.
>>
>>76942623
Some of them look ok but it is certainly the laziest. Though I think they are only allowed to use "approved art" for the cards. Which is a shame because the Street Fighter ones all used various art from comics and art books and looks great
>>
>>76942583
Sounds interesting. Thank you.
>>
File: file.png (1.04 MB, 900x900)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>76942711
Yeah, it helps that Street Fighter has all that concept art and comic books and whatnot.
Blazblue doesn't.

Shovel Knight looks the best with all the original art I think.
>>
>>76942758
Thus far that season has been my favorite. The cards look fantastic and Beheaded as a solo fighter is fucking rad
>>
>>76942711
What's beheaded gimmick?
I never played with the solo dudes.

desu I only played on TTS with a buddy, I don't have physical.
>>
>>76942279
God that arc was so trash.
>>
>>76942888
Each time he exceeds he picks one of his traits, brutality, tactics and survival which permanently add power, range, and armor/defend to all of his specials and ults. So he starts off kinda meh but as he confirms hits he spirals out of control
>>
File: 100022.jpg (709 KB, 500x700)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>76941066
>a lot of the LRIGs seem to rely heavily on "packages" of cards to play well
Generally, yes. Each LRIG tends to get a specific archtype, and has a few powerful cards limited to their LRIG type to go along with that archtype. So while you can try to build Beats Layra, you'll be missing out on a lot of Tawil-limited cards, and just end up with a shitty Tawil deck.

More specifically, this is most pronounced in Key. In the first few sets, while there were a number of archetypes that broadly followed along with specific LRIGs, there was a fair amount of variety among them. For example: Piruluk had discard builds, freeze builds, and spell builds, and each option would have bits and pieces of the other, but still be its own thing under the Piruluk umbrella (eventually, APEX pushed spells hard enough that the other archetypes largely died out). Towards the end of the first wave of sets before Key, new LRIGs had much smaller pools of their own restricted cards to draw from, and so tended to be focused on more specific archetypes. Which continued into Key, except there weren't really any big-tent LRIGs in Key; they were all more or less focused on one archetype. Diva seems to be dialing this back a bit and returning to more broad archetypes - they've completely eliminated LRIG exclusivity, and LRIGs in general are less focused. It'll be interesting to see how it ends up playing out, since we've only seen two sets worth of Diva cards so far.

Now, that being said, even in Key there was never really a set deck list for each archetype. Coming from mtg, where decks tend to be fairly set in stone, often with only a few flex slots in sideboards, Wixoss has a lot more customization within its archetypes, and the amount of card draw and tutoring means that a 1-of or 2-of inclusion can have a noticeable impact on how your deck performs in certain match-ups.
>>
File: Bullet S2.png (908 KB, 573x630)
908 KB
908 KB PNG
>>76942944
That's pretty cool.
I like level99 games in general.
I appreciate their designs.

I almost backed Bullet, but I still might buy it in the future.

Would you consider this a card game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai8FB3ND_5c
>>
who should I watch for Gate Ruler gameplay?
>>
File: I said put it down.jpg (58 KB, 1920x1080)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>76930185
So supposing you can even get your hands on a box of CRU... what should you do with it?

There's almost a guarantee of 1 cold foil, very very rare chance at 2. 1 out of 4 have a legendary (I assumed that's cold foil too). All of those are between 150-4,000. So you've got a box that holds immense swings in value, but landing on the money card isn't a sure thing. Sealed plus five months from now it goes for 1000 a box, possibly more because that's based off of WTR and ARC growth for 1st. Surely the cards themselves will see price hikes too due to the well drying up. So what's the winning move here? Not to play at all?
>>
>>76943036
I actually haven't looked at Bullet at all yet. Stepped away from Kickstarter because I was spending too wildly
>>
File: file.png (4.14 MB, 1700x1020)
4.14 MB
4.14 MB PNG
>>76943146
It markets itself as a Touhou esque game but it really is more of like puyo puyo tetris experience.

Shit falls from the sky and you try to clear that to send trash to the opponent or boss in the PVE mode to your side. Each character manipulates the bullets differently and have different patterns (which are the cards) that they have to put the bullets on to be able to clear them.
I honestly think I'm too dumb for that game.

I like that they are making an OST for the game desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGUU8X0_HBY&
>>
>>76943101
You're referring to the rarity distribution of WTR and ARC. There is a significantly less chance of legendaries in CRU.

For Cold Foils: Out of the six boxes I've opened so far, I've gotten 3 cold foil Majestics, and 5 cold foil Rares. Seems to track with the expected rarity distribution. I suspect I got lucky with this pull though, so it is probably less and closer to 1.2 per box.

For Legendaries: There are only two legendaries in this set: CRU Tunic (Nonfoil) and Shiyana (Foil). Each of these are 1 in 480 packs, or 1 in 20 boxes. So combined, you have a 1/10 chance of opening a legendary per box.

You can play the lottery, or you can sell it. Up to you at this point. Many of the CRU cards have some uses and you'll most likely get 1 of each of the rare heroes and weapons in the set in nonfoil, so if you want more gameplay options, go for it.
>>
>>76943070
A lot of them are still trying to find their footing with displays and editing, but for viewing I recommend JacK and Good Time for Japanese.
https://youtu.be/7bucL-d9jhg
https://youtu.be/zAd5hTCAByk

English side, rustmarrow posted a decent but cringe tutorial video and Aibo Academy posts decent gameplay videos and deck analysis:
https://youtu.be/QQwMObj0jBk
https://youtu.be/OuSAofkRmVw
>>
Also it seems icv2 just confirmed that Gate Ruler's official English release date is April 30th
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47340/force-will-details-english-release-new-tcg-gate-ruler
>>
File: Cardgayms.png (329 KB, 446x440)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>76943421
Thank you anon. I was specifically looking for japanese gameplay.
>>
>>76943326
The music is very reminiscent of touhou. I think a friend backed it so I may be giving it a shake sooner rather than later. I tend to enjoy lvl99 stuff so I'm hopeful.
>>
>>
>>76943348
First and foremost, I'm a player. I want a set of all the rare heroes and weapons for option's sake going forward with the game. There's places on line I can find those cards for 1-4 dollars though. Second, I want a cold foil anything besides a common chump gear card. I have already bought a full playset of all the commons from CRU minus generics for an incredible price, so playsets of common things and a handful of rares from CRU are already in my pile. I really want a lot of the legendary gear from the last two sets which I understand they bumped down to majestic in this? So the prospects of opening those gear pieces I need saves me sixty bucks per gear I pull. I like the tunic but I'm not obsessed with having it. But yeah, that's what I see when I look at this set, and I dunno if 500 dollars is at all the value I'd place on it right now. But supposing LSS is insane and doesn't make an unlimited CRU product, I'm froze out of this chance forever until they reprint the reprinted cards I want. It just scares me that I'll grab one, open it and get nothing I wanted and I can't even make back what I spent on it, which is a very real possibility.

Speculatively I think it's insane that there's a possibility there will never be an unlimited cru set. It isn't draftable though so they don't really NEED to treat it like the first two box releases. I feel like they're testing the waters to see "how long can we remain quiet while the boxes just inflate in value?" once they have their answer they might be satisfied and announce an unlimited run. I hate playing into the FOMO hands that corporations need you to now a days to be profitable. Honestly I really love the game and I want cold foils of the first eight classes because I really like them. I'm sure there will be a cool class in the future where I'll have a much better chance of preordering boxes for, but they won't be Ranger or Runeblade or Brute; they'll instead be Dickass Thief, DemonShield or Beast Master.
>>
>>76942999
I prefer the freeform deckbuilding of the early years slightly more than the archetypal Key keywords, but hey possibilities for Diva. If the print decent lvl 3 payoff SIGNI without Team abilities maybe you can really mix and match teams a bit.

APEX always looked neat. Were APEX, Yuzuki, and Anne the only multicolored LRIGs outside the fusions like Ut’ulls?
>>
File: Kira.jpg (112 KB, 492x730)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>76939465
I only have experience piloting the Unicorn and 00 starters, and some experience playing against the SEED starter, but they do feel quite balanced against other starters. The collab cards seem like they have a focus on being thematic, so go ahead and buy whichever collab you like the most.

For specific deck gimmicks, the Unicorn deck is the more straightforward deck with spirit destruction effects, and summoning Destroy Mode for free when there is a double symbol spirit on the field. The 00 deck has Armed Intervention, which lets you summon the titular 00 suits on your opponent's turn, and Trans-Am which goes into the trash at the end of your turn, but gives cost discounts while in the trash and swappable with their respective suit on the field. I haven't seen the specifics for the SEED deck, by they do have return cards to hand/deck effects, and hand restriction (when opponent draws, discard equal number of cards).

As for Kamen Rider and Digimon, both of these only have a single starter each I think. All of the Kamen cards focus on the Change mechanic, which lets you play Kamen Rider cards like a spell card, then lets you swap it into a Kamen card on the field. Digimon has something similar, Digivolution lets you swap a spirit on the field with on of the higher evolution, so Rookie > Champion > Ultimate, doable in a single turn too.

>>76939481
The characters are Brave cards within the Pilot family, cards that you can equip to spirits to buff them. Normal Brave cards can attack or defend, but Pilot cards can't, which makes sense when you're in giant robot battles.
>>
>>76942279
>>
File: C_011.jpg (58 KB, 564x400)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Ever just look at card lists for games you know you'll never play anons?
https://e-hentai.org/g/1577706/8589edda78/?p=1
>>
>>76946199
With how extensive that book is you could probably proxy the entire thing, neat.
>>
File: Atra-mixta-95383.jpg (13 KB, 300x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>76945557
>The characters are Brave cards within the Pilot family, cards that you can equip to spirits to buff them.
Makes perfect sense.

I only saw the first few episodes of Iron-blooded Orphans. Seemed to want a darker tone, which is cool, but also wanted friendship to be magical. I didn't dislike it or anything, I just wasn't sure what to make of it. Made for a fun MC comparison, at any rate:
>Heero Yuy
"I'll kill you."
>Mikazuki
"I killed you."

Best character in the show was Atra. She got the shit beat out of her and refused to talk. She's not getting a card in the game, though... is she?
>>
>>76946084
ARE YOU ME??
I just pulled these out of a 20+ year old binder last week (same editions for each too)
>>
>>76946445
Based
>>
>>76946445
That’s fantastic.
>>
>>76946389
IBO felt a lot like a retelling of Icarus for me, it's less about a war between two factions and the motley crew of misfits in the middle of them like most Gundam series, and more about a group of people trying to make a place for themselves and extending their reach too far. Quite liked it, and Barbatos becoming less heroic looking as the series continued was neat.

>Best character in the show was Atra. She got the shit beat out of her and refused to talk. She's not getting a card in the game, though... is she?
She probably will, likely not as a Pilot but either a Nexus (normally untargetable cards that stay on the field and provide discounts and effects, the Gundam themed Nexuses are usually Haros or famous ships) or art on a Magic card like Zinnerman was. Atra as a Nexus would make some sense since the IBO team didn't have a super iconic battleship I think?
>>
>>76946199
kek why is this on ehentai?
>>
>>76947205
Ehentai also has artbooks and shit
>>
>>76947205
they have a non h category for a reason
>>
File: 1596381911408.png (500 KB, 640x480)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>76944612
There's no baby goddamn way they won't do unlimited printing... right? So many crucial cards for everyone would just be cut off. I don't believe they would deny their precious players their cards.
>>
File: 20201208_213709.jpg (1.72 MB, 3264x2448)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>76947205
Mechs might as well cheesecake.
>>
File: IMG20210114151749.jpg (2.52 MB, 4160x1970)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
>got extremely lucky and found a listing for an Unlimited WTR box for $110 ($79 USD)
>Didn't really want to open it or even resell it, just wanted to keep it on display as a part of F&B history
>Arrived today
>Wrapped in 1 layer of bubble wrap, no cardboard supports or anything
>Fucking pic related
Even the cards I pulled weren't that good...
>>
>>76948836
Don't worry, several of my alpha boxes (before the price increases) of WTR were similar. The boxes aren't packaged well or tight enough to be resistant to damage, I think.
>>
>>76949019
You're absolutely right. There's an empty gap between the top of the boosters and the top of the box so I can see why it would've crushed like that. Plus the material is just really thin cardboard which kinda sucks especially after watching MTG Alpha box openings and those mf's are in pristine condition after almost 30 bloody years.
Currently found a store selling boxes for 120, I plan on going in person so I can actually see it before i buy it lol.
>>
File: ErreWgOVgAI89ar.jpg (236 KB, 951x1295)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>[When Played] 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets -1000DP for each Digimon you have for the turn.
>>
File: ErrecPKUYAEeZv1.jpg (605 KB, 951x1295)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>[When Destroyed] 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets -3000DP for the turn
>>
File: Erred2LVQAAQYKk.jpg (216 KB, 951x1295)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
And lastly, SuperStarmon. The other two are Starmon and ShootingStarmon, respectively.
>>
File: Dcg-BT5-081.jpg (448 KB, 617x861)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>ChaosDukemon (ChaosGallantmon)
>[When Evolving] You may destroy 1 of your Digimon (excluding this Digimon); if you do, destroy 1 Lv.5 or below opponent Digimon.
>[Your Turn] Once per Turn When your Digimon is destroyed (excluding this Digimon), you may choose 1 Purple Lv.3 Digimon card from your Trash, and play it without paying its Cost. The When Played Effects of Digimon that come into play via this Effect will not activate.
>>
File: Starmon[1].jpg (59 KB, 320x320)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>76950520
>Starmon
StarmonS, Anon. The plural is important. Starmon is another Digimon entirely.
>>
The free Ira, Crimson Haze decks are being sold for 350USD on ebay this is ridiculous
>>
>>76950539
What's behind him anons?
>>
>>76951369
While not nearly on that level of insanity, I still can't bring myself to pay $5 for a starter deck Gatomon. And seeing starter decks going for $50 is just silly. I know we all like to consume, but covid has made us batshit insane.
>>
>>76951453
Looks like a silhouette of himself, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>76950539
Do you just win if you have this and Anubismon?
>>
>>76950719
Thank you. I completely skipped Xros Wars so I still have trouble remembering some of the stuff that came out of that.
>>76951453
>>76951496
I thought it might be Megidramon.
>>76951546
Man they really are going balls deep on the reanimator stuff.
>>
>>76951597
>I thought it might be Megidramon.
Oh, well that I wouldn't know. I know nothing about the franchise.
>>
>>76951480
Dont you guys get a free booster pack with it? 50USD for a pack is a pretty good deal anon
>>
>>76951597
>might be Megidramon
my guess as well
>>
Cant wait for Rudy to make a video about the WTR starter decks and be like "They're not only Alpha cards but they're unique alphas because each decks has their own serial/printing number like Dorinthea is TEA while Bravo is BVO, and if you're a collector you'd want all of those as they're all unique from each other" and then manipulates the market price
>>
So Monarch is set to be all new classes, right?
I missed the boat on the original printings of WtR and ARC and didn't want to pay exorbitant prices just because I looked at the game a couple weeks late. Do you think this set would be a good place to start. I typically buy singles, but I've missed the feeling of opening packs and have been thinking about buying a box. The gameplay looks fun and I'll probably just build whatever class I manage to make a decent pull for.
>>
>>76951873
It should be all new classes. You can just buy Unlimited if you dont wanna pay for Alpha/1st Ed boxes especially if you cant wait until end of April for Monarch. It helps that WTR and ARC has good generic staples too plus they teach you the game as well since FAB is pretty much in beta until Monarch comes out, when the pitch system is fully realised
>>
>>76951825
They're already selling for like 400-500 on ebay

>>76951873
Yes

1st print boxes for monarch are still going to be extremely hard to get and very expensive, but unlimited is supposed to come like within a month of the release.
>>
>>76951935
Yeah as a display I know they're like 400+, I meant like spike each individual decks to like 200 each because muh 10,000 copies only per hero
>>
>>76951935
Man, those scalped pre-order prices are ridiculous. I've been following the news on and off about the game and the absurdity of people treating card games like some kind of stock is sickening. Let people play the game, you parasites.
>>
>>76951984
Now call me crazy but I think publicizing this information is proof that they want stuff to be scalped to create FOMO and artificially inflate their game
>>
>>76952010
It's just going to frustrate the average consumer who can't justify spending that much on scalper prices. They're moving product, but they're not doing much to grow their player base. There were actual months out of the year that you couldn't get any sealed product without being severely upcharged for it, which I'm sure kept a lot of people, myself included, from buying into the game.
>>
Just had order confirmation of the English Digimon ST1-ST3 and Booster 1.0 pushed back from 29th January to 26th February.
>>
>>76952010
I think they just wanted their cards to be appreciated/collected and slowly increase in value over time, they probably didnt think it was gonna catch fire this fast especially with Alpha being 4000$
>>
>>76951935
>My local scene still hasn't picked up on Monarch yet
Man, if I had the cash today, I'd start pre-ordering like a mad man. Good damn thing I have a good rapport with my LGS scene after my first FaB adventure, I can probably slack until tax returns. I just hope the single prices for it aren't so bad.
>>
>>76952062
That's putting way too much faith into the consumer market if this is actually true. Like peak innocence in a world where MTGfinance is a thing
>>
>>76952117
>peak innocence in a world where MTGfinance is a thing
That's true. Thankfully my LGS from another state was willing to ship me free WTR and ARC decks, 2 of each class, so I can spread the FAB gospel. They were commons only but I managed to get a few people hooked when we cant get any products ourselves
>>
>>76949165
Just to let you know, in feb there WILL be another wave of WTR unlimited released to the market, they have to sell it for cheap in the first few weeks they have it. Then in the middle of feb you have the same for ARC.
>>
File: monarch.jpg (305 KB, 1200x802)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>76951873
>Do you think this set would be a good place to start.
Absolutely. This is being touted as THE release from LSS since alpha. It's going to be the best set they've produced, they are being absolutely stalwart about what's inside for a reason. Go call some local stores right now and beg to be put on a short list for when they're taking preorders. I've heard stories that they're already raising the preorder price to 125 in most stores, which I'm not exactly sure how they can get away with that due to LSS policy about keeping product at MAP, but even that is better than 500 dollars you'll pay in mere months to get more Monarch boxes.

>>76951935
>but unlimited is supposed to come like within a month of the release.
I believe this is the reason they haven't announced unlimited printings of CRU, is because they are so hellbent on making sure people can have all the Monarch they want. I both love and hate that fact. On the one hand this set will be the shit, I'm sure, on the other I need some key majestics in CRU, in name that reprint of the gear and my class cards.
>>
I think people that are down on FaB right now are gonna be even more upset after Monarch and kingdoms release and even the biggest brainlets finally realize that LSS is NOT going for an MTG like printing policy.

1st print boxes of Flesh and Blood being rare as shit and being designed for collectors is not a "mistake" or something that will get "fixed", it's what their intended for. They've stated that on their website since the very start and repeated it multiple times since, but people hear what they want to hear I guess.
>>
>>76952502
Well it's a shit policy and shows where their allegiance lies
>>
>>76952523
There's a reason they clearly seperated 1st print/unlimited boxes and cold foils/rainbow foils.
If you don't care about the collection aspect of the game you don't have to, get unlimited boxes, that's what they were made for, the average player.
>>
>>76952595
>just wait in the back of the line normal players, these cards aren't for you
>oh these rarities are for the VIP purchasers now wait your turn x months later
>>
File: insurance forms.jpg (126 KB, 1420x794)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>76952523
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if they're taking advice from Rooty Tooty Tuff and Fruity, they kinda ARE allying themselves with investors. This game has seemingly been engineered to blow up into the stratosphere and force people everywhere who witnesses its meteoric rise say "CHA-CHING!" out loud and have their eyes spin into dollar symbols.

MTG is circling the drain too, need I remind everybody, so investors are looking for the next big thing... and they've found it. The tragedy of all this is that the game itself is really really good. I'm interested with where they take this. I don't even like fantasy settings and I can't wait to learn more about Rathe.
>>
File: Megidramon_DT35.jpg (218 KB, 640x480)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>76951496
>>76951597
both are right

>According to one theory, Megidramon and Chaos Dukemon are the same being, and it is said that whether that wave of terror is projected as a dark knight or as a dark dragon depends on the observer. (from Megidramon's official profile)
>>
>>76952630
I don't like that this is the precedent that they're willing to set, but when the game releases stores WILL hold back boxes to run sealed events. Go play in sealed events to build up your collection is the best advice I can give.
>>
New thread is up.

>>76953734
>>76953734
>>76953734
>>
>>76952630
Forcing the people who actually want to play your game is shooting yourself in the foot in the long run. Build up a player base before trying to get greedy like that. FaB will not be the next Magic simply because times have changed and that ship has sailed. It also doesn't have the same mass appeal and simple gameplay that can draw in droves of players.
>>
>FaB, Monarch, Investment and Collection

Replying here >>76954083

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.