[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Lately we are having regural sessions with my two buddies and we are going at it strong and with passion! The problem i am having as a character is that i cannot for the life of me role play a vagrant dwarf that is also a former bandit. I try to speak with vulgar terms and harsh tones, but i always end up using formal tone and speaking as if i have a charismatic character! As a sidenote, every campaign we have made up until now , was a lawful good or neutral that was going to end up good. That's the first campaign that we are genuinely trying our hands in the lawful neutral compartment! Thanks in advance, have a good one!
>>
>The problem i am having as a character is that i cannot for the life of me role play a vagrant dwarf that is also a former bandit. I try to speak with vulgar terms and harsh tones, but i always end up using formal tone and speaking as if i have a charismatic character!

Just be an asshole. /thread
>>
>>76076045
yeah, be an asshole. But i am worried that i might be too much of an ass and actually end the campaign abruptly, Or overdo it and turn the mood sour.
>>
>>76076125
Just ask your frens to let you know what the boundary is. You'll get better with some practice friend.
>>
>>76075982
Are you autistic? Serious question.
>>
>>76075982
Someone never actually watched Danger 5
>>
>>76075982
Just watch a bunch of Gordon Ramsay and teach yourself to talk like him. Use “fucking donkey” liberally.
>>
>>76075982
Talk however your local negro-equivalent talks.
>>
>>76075982
Be blunt with your words, avoid niceties. If you have to argue, just speak your piece and be done with it, the closest people will get to convincing you is reluctant compliance. Don't be afraid to use expletives and insults as a means for emphasis.

If you can call your friend a "son of a bitch" in an affectionate way, you're good.
>>
>>76075982
You can easily just work that into your character, anon. Maybe your character started as a no-good bandit thug, had a series of events that led him to realize how shitty of a person he was, and decided he wanted to change? He could have started working with the followers of a certain god that appeals to you, took on their mannerisms, is "born again" sort to speak, but the more vulgar/harsh stuff can come out during particularly intense/dramatic scenes as he loses his temper. A lot of the times new roleplayers have a difficult time playing to different traits that they don't personally have, and that's totally fine. So you should just make characters that play more to your strengths, and even if you are more of a polite, charismatic type, doesn't mean you can't work that into a role most new players don't associate with that kind of personality.
>>
>>76075982
Something I found that helps is if you can boil your characters down to an underlying character archetype. Then you play as that archetype, and allow changes from it to happen organically.

So you are a hobo dwarf that used to be a bandit, what sort of archetype are you? The wandering penetant, wanting to make up for past misdeeds but constantly at risk of backsliding? A man (dwarf) on the run from his past? An seeker of adventure, any adventure, doesn't matter good or evil so long as there's action? Once you know that, your character is set.
>>
>>76077346
It's "yoo fauhking donkeeh!"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.