[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: the golden boy.jpg (2.05 MB, 2084x4624)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
This is a general for everything 3D printed from 40k to D&D and Beyonnnnd!
Share your printed minis, modeling work, anything related to 3D printing that relates to TG.

>DO
- Post pictures of prints
- Remember to help your fellow anons, put up requested files on gofiles if you have already downloaded them from STLexandria.
- Encode your file links.
- Try to give advice, help newbies.

>DO NOT:
- Direct link to other groups mega's (grab + repo elsewhere if you must).
- Forget to read the thread before asking about something.
- Moralfag.

>Resources
Freefag Repo: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZvbGRlci9tY1lubUE3QiMwTlpJZS1XYS1tX0JYb0pIMTZseXJB
Alternative Freefag + STLexandria Repo (Slowly growing, use wget/jdownloader): aHR0cHM6Ly9ncmVhdHdhdmUub25lLw
[wget -m -np -c -R "index.html*" "Directory-Url-Here"]

>Guides + How to into/info on 3D printing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDpmh2NQMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7h_5di3Tc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-9Ia0SibQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_ClxnJ1_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJQ5vQG0ZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWUfshO17b8

Cleanup Guide: it done died replacements?
Resin Safety: https://www.radtech.org/health-safety/proper-handling-of-uv-resins
Resin settings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1crvzMnt_8NJXAsABinoIhcOjE8l3h7s0L82Zlh1vkL8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
Blender Tutorials: https://pastebin.com/RRxGcKTz

>Printer to Buy
- Terrain: FDM Filament Printers
Like the Ender-3

- Miniatures: SLA Resin Printers
Like the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K

>Top Materials
- Resin: Siraya Blu
- Filament: IC3D ABS

>What software should I use?
ZBrush, Fusion360, OpenSCAD, FreeCAD, or Blender

>Last Threads (recent -> oldest)
>>76023322
>>75997755
>>75968838
>>75919299
>>
The <We need a new cleanup guide> edition.
>>
still looking for Warlayer 4.0 files
>>
File: Hitleragumon.png (102 KB, 210x240)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
Dear creators, we don't need any more Tomb Kings. They were an unpopular army and now you all make them because you can reuse the same skeleton over and over with minimal work.

Make some interesting shit instead of ripping off GW. There are plenty of avenues you can take which don't involve failed GW product lines or space marine clones.

Where's the good sci fi lines? Where's the people ripping off Destiny/Halo or even Borderlands? I see shit for sci fi but loads of generic GW fantasy/WoW clones.
>>
Does anyone have the November release from H1ghland m1niatures?
>>
Whenever I print I leave my window wide open, which works pretty well from spring to autumn. But it's getting cold out here and resin doesn't take kindly to low temperatures. Is there any other solution apart from getting a filter for my Photon?
>>
Who's got November Bestiarum?
>>
Anyone got any legion files from Dark Fire
>>
>>76064774
Moron is a broken watch, accidentally right because they had to be eventually. Fuck GW as hard as you want, they have largely given up their position as the controller of their IP by pissing their buyers off through gouging.
But some of these modellers should team up to make a few lines of fun stuff that is their own... I have yet to see someone do a line of Plague Sororitas... Nurgle those ladies up, truly horrifying. Khronettes would be fun.
Give us an Astra Militarum that is entirely your own, make it cooler than Praetorian, Krieg, or Catachan...
Show a line of Zoats.
Give folks the Evil Dead style skeleton army if you think you can do better, but consider instead doing something that has not been done before.
Do a line of Elf Barbarians, Svirfneblin adventurers, Genasi that really reflect each of the four elements they are imbued with... There are more things than just recreating what has already been done.
Not many interesting options for real nightmare fuel outside of Bestiarum.
Nor a lot of Native American style guys, nor really a lot of Cowboys and Banditos.
Vae Victis, RN Estudio, and Bestiarum are the only ones that are really tickling me enough to pay them because so much from these teams is redundant.
>>
anyone have trouble printing HeroForge minis? i add plenty supports (sometimes more than is necessary) but they're still dropping elbows, weapons, etc.
>>
>>76065602
try lowering your lift speed to 50m/s
>>
Does anyone have november's c@st npl@!?
>>
>>76054298=>with all my thanks for the conquistador! He will lead a glorious dog of war warband lost in Lustria as soon as i can manage time to organise a skirmish....
>>
Do we have some cool hex tiles like from Hext0n Hills? I'm looking for a big assortment of tiles for an upcoming hexcrawl and I'd like a matching set that covers most if not all environs.
>>
Maybe i m wrong but i didnt see any heresy lab citizen of the old world going through this tread...Is there a problem with HL sharing?
>>
>>76064367
Check the great library Terrain torrent / WarLayer / WarLayer 2019 zip. Looking at the build instructions and spot-checking some of the parts, I'm pretty sure this is WL 4.0.
>>
>>76055874
aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC95SHhnT0s
>>
File: TortleBardbarian.jpg (705 KB, 1440x1440)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
Hi everyone, someone have this amazing turtle???
>>
>>76054285
thank you, much appreciated
>>
>>76066397
thanks man, but it's unfortunately incomplete, missing many walls
>>
File: 20201121_145222.jpg (2.46 MB, 4032x3024)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
3rd print ever, just a battle barge (using old photon)
>>
>>76066012
Bump
>>
>>76064774
>Make some interesting shit instead of ripping off GW.

Many do, but they just don't sell well enough so many creators fall back on GW-compatible models.
>>
File: 20201121_122309.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
better image here, do i have to level the plate everytime i finish a print? after i remove this ship the metal plate feels a lil bit loose
>>
>>76068399
>the metal plate feels a lil bit loose

How tight are the nuts/screws? Sounds like they may be a bit too loose. I would relevel the plate and make sure the screws are tight
>>
Does anyone have Asg4rd R1s1ng’s July, September or October?
>>
Noobfag here. Are there files for Dominus class imperial knights (Valiant/castellan) out there ? Wanna try one of these.
>>
>>76064774
>>76065542
>reee GW sucks
>the 3D print general is just full of 40K and Fantasy bullshit

he has a point people love saying they hate GW but still they wanna play their systems and still care about the settings its annoying as shit,
>>
>>76069154
Half this general is people who wanna stop buying GW shit but still play their garbage its insanity. So much better franchises and settings yet all they wanna do is print their dumb super mechs or more space marines.
>>
File: file.png (467 KB, 1028x1008)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
does any anon have anything from 4ndr3w 4n63l?
>>
>>76069285
Not the guy you responded to but I'm here trying to get stuff for my GURPS campaigns lol. I was the one to request the hexton hills hex tiles for a traditional hex crawl, but it doesn't look like anyone has it. Not everybody here is for 40k but a lot are and it honestly kind of sucks. Like the entire freefag repo is 40k shit I dont want/cant use.
>>
File: 1605779536737[1].jpg (4.91 MB, 3840x2160)
4.91 MB
4.91 MB JPG
Still looking for P@psikels October release, please
>>
>>76064367
>>76061435
Corvus and Skraplandz are also making Warlayer files.
Corvus Sector Prime and Corvus Isolation Protocol are both Warlayer compatible.
>>
>>76065068
Get a carbon filter air purifier is all I can think of. That or fit a sheet of insulation in the window and cut a hole in it for a ducted fan.
>>
Hey can anyone hook me up with 40k Ork files? A friend just got a printer and is looking for them but I don't know dick about printing and this is the only place I can think to ask
>>
>>76064774
My annoyance is that they all rip off the same GW stuff. Endless repetitions of Space Marines, DKoK, Chaos IG.
And then when they copy IPs it's either Star Wars or Aliens.

What I really need are minis for Starfinder or generic Star Wars aliens for EotE, but there's zero takers.
>>
>>76068012
>Decide I'm going to paint my Indomitus guys Sons of the Phoenix because I think it'll make them stand out.
>Now they're the Ultima Founding chapter of choice.
>>
>>76069549
Oh, there's also a ton of generic cyberpunk stuff but it's so generic it's boring.
>>
>>76069341
It was posted in the last thread
>>
>>76065068
Filter or an enclosure for the printer - some help with odor
>>
I was considering the Mars 2 pro, am I gonna regret not getting the Mini 4K ? I don't wanna wait for ages...
Then again I paint way more than I play ...
(not my paintjob)
>>
>>76069285
>it's insanity
No, this general started with a bait "3d printing will kill GW" so to noone's surprise it's gonna be filled with GW miniatures.
>>
>>76069445
SkrapLandz looks great, any leaks out there?
>>
>>76069285
>>76070138
Also the reason there isn't much from other companies is because there wasn't much request for it and noone decided to put in the bare minimum required to make a trove.
>>
>>76065542
>Nor a lot of Native American style guys, nor really a lot of Cowboys and Banditos.
>tfw no unironic Cowboys vs Indians wargame
>>
Anyone have experience with Creality LD-002H?

I'm sitting on Mars Pro currently and looking to upgrade to a mono printer. I was thinking the Mars Pro 2 first, but it seems to be out of stock for EU buyers. There is a decent black friday deal for the Creality one, So I'm tempted by that, but I haven't heard much about it. Is it any good?
>>
Both my GF and I have become very interested in getting a 3d printer. I live in a fairly small (I think 1200 sq ft) apartment with my GF in and another couple however. If it were to go anywhere, it'd have to be in our bedroom. Is it feasible to own a 3d printer in such a space? I think I would want a resin printer, mostly to print bits. Biggest thing I might ever want to print is boxnaughts.
>>
>>76070357
You probably don't want one where you sleep since there would be resin fumes
>>
>>76070400
I was looking at MSDS's and they said that resin fumes from common 3d printing resins weren't that bad. Could you not just start a print in the morning and have it done by night, with a fan to blow fumes out the window?
>>
>>76069154
you can hate GW and love the setting it's perfectly normal
>>
>>76070357
if you really, REALLY have to, there are resins available that are "fume-free." They still smell, but it's not as bad, nor as toxic as regular resin can be. Another thing to consider is fumes from the clean-up process. IPA and other solvents can fuck you up of you're not careful
>>
>>76070479
>clean up process
Is it different from cast resins? What does the clean up process look like?
>>
>>76064774
Or at least if you're going to make GW stuff it should be stuff that hasn't already been covered by 3-4 other major creators. We really don't need half a dozen variations of whatever new primaris turd GW squeezes out next month when much of GW's own product line hasn't seen a new model in 20+ years.
>>
>>76067884
Looks like it. I haven't tried to print it yet, just knew it was there. That's too bad. Hopefully it pops up soon.
>>
>>76070510
pretty sure theres a link in op, but typically the prints straight out of the printer are half cured and soaked in excess resin. im most familiar with the method of an Isopropyl Bath, followed by a water bath or just chuck the fucker in an ultrasonic cleaner. Also worth noting, ur gonna need even MORE space for a final cure under a UV lamp unless you've got easy access to strong direct sunlight
>>
>>76070357
Depends on which printer you get. I’ve noticed the mars does a good job trapping resin odor under its hood, but once you take it off the smell of resin spreads for a few minutes. I’ve heard the anycubic photon is particularly bad at trapping resin fumes.
>>
>>76069708
There was some other October stuff posted, and a lot of October talked about, but I didn't see that one posted. Care to link it?
>>
>>76070287
I'd call it equivalent to the Mars 2 Pro or the Photon Mono. It certainly seems to be less popular than the other two, but I can't imagine it being substantially better or worse than the alternatives.
>>
Albino Raven November, anyone can share? Thanks
>>
>>76070962
The guy has only 150 patrons or so. Give the poor fag a break and pay, you moron.
>>
>>76070138
So youd rather our scene just be used as a Warhammer slave? Warhammer is a shitty setting run by a shitty company.
>>
>>76071272
No I'm just saying that instead of bitching like a little shit you should start contributing and making a trove yourself and that there was no surprise that this general was gonna start like this considering>>76071272.
>>
>>76071272
How is it a surprise that the most popular miniatures from the biggest miniature company are the most popular models to be 3d printed?
>>
>>76071272
>broken english
>demanding stuff and not putting the effort himself
alguien??? pls anyone hasss? bllss?
>>
>>76071272
>Our scene
Are you not just some beggar on 4chan? You have to actually contribute something to be a "scene"
>>
>>76071324
>>76071272
considering this>>76070138
>>
>>76069549
Where do you see so much "chaos IG?" The only cultist/renegade guard models that exist are shitty blood pact models like the ones from Reptilian Overlords or off-the-wall terrible shit like ThatEvilOne's lunar auxilia
>>
>>76071324
Did you miss the point of this comment chain to begin with? It doesn't matter how big a trove you have is everyone is making not!Dark elves and Not!Tomb Kings. There's plenty of human fantasy kingdoms or guard units which no one touches or explores but we don't get those. We get GW's left overs done in WOWs style.

I buy models when they're something special and I want them. I have no reason to buy a 3rd set of tomb kings and would like more options.
>>
>>76064774
>borderlands
eww
>Halo
Somewhere between scions and marines
>Destiny
T'au?
>>
>>76071893
Didn't you read his post? He was bitching about our troves being mostly 40k.
>>
>>76070357
do a swing amateur video anon
>>
>>76070546
I have the missing walls from a private tracker if someone has a place to upload them.
>>
>>76071896
Tau is ripping off macross.

The halo ground command group has loads of halo models you can scale up all for free. But it's not the point I'm making. ANYTHING is better than more GW humping.

>>76071926
>Make a trove of what doesn't exist.
>>
>>76072100
getfile.io though I would also appreciate the magnet link
>>
>>76072203
>Half this general is people who wanna stop buying GW shit but still play their garbage its insanity. So much better franchises and settings yet all they wanna do is print their dumb super mechs or more space marines.
He clearly wants non GW stuff, he didn't mention what but there are of creators who do non GW stuff, if he doesn't even mention what system how are we even supposed to help him.
>>
>>76072100
>>76072255
you mean gofile.io
>>
>>76072319
Different anons

Literally anything not GW focused is being mentioned. Not specific requests just to shift the general and hobby away from GW knock offs.
>>
>>76072393
Sucks that people like 40k then.
>>
>>76072393
>different anons
Which is why I replied to him. He was referring to the general not 3d printing as a whole. What I would suggest to do in order to put on the spotlight non GW stuff is commissioning it and homebrewing some system. That being said I'm pretty sure that there are already some files for the stuff you suggested.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 257x196)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Alright, boys, my Anycubic Photon took a crap on me. I tried replacing the screen, but nada. I'm just gonna buy a new one, and I'm looking for a printer in 4k that can reliably get down to .03mm layer height.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>76072697
Phrozen's Mini
>>
>>76072697
There's the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k, but they're facing major shipping delays. Epax is working on a 4k screen for their E6/X1, but they haven't released it yet. They have stated the printers will be upgradeable from 2k to 4k.
>>
>>76072925
>>76072697

I second that the mini 4k prints well at .03. I just got mine last week and the order was placed October 2nd.
>>
>>76070714
Seconding.
>>
>>76070357
>it'd have to be in our bedroom
>I think I would want a resin printer
Give up. I've got it ins closed spare bedroom and even then I can occasionally smell fumes coming from it. I really wouldn't want it in a room I use, especially my bedroom.
>>
>>76072100
any chance to get onto that tracker? does it open from time to time?
>>
>>76064774
what are you searching for in particular? A quick search on yeggi gives me a shitton of stuff for halo,destiny and borderlands.
>>
>>76073169
>>76073063
>>76072925
I'll grab the 4k. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>76073578
He's just being a shitter.
>>
>>76064774
Buisness 101. Appeal to the largest customer base and provide the products that are the most popular.

I understand your critique but you also have to understand the creators. Nobody is willing to risk spending hundreds of work hours on a product line that has proven to be unpopular and had a small customer base from the start. It's simply a fact that a carbon copy of the next primaris shit GW farts out will get more attention than well made reinventions of 25 year old models for a now discontinued line of models for an abandoned game.
>>
>>76072697
10 bucks says you messed up when connecting the screen flex cable. Try it again and maybe watch a tutorial on how to do it right. It's easy to mess up when you have no experience but in general the cable and screen are relatively robust.
>>
>>76075519
>Nobody is willing to risk spending hundreds of work hours on a product line that has proven to be unpopular and had a small customer base from the star
Which is why it doesn't make sense to have two full Chaos Dwarf armies and 3 Tomb Kings. Both lines failed and GW dropped them. Models which do make sense like Bretonnia get little to no support despite appealing to fantasy and historical fans alike.
>>
Is there actually any good 3d scanned GW models? Specifically Space marines? I've had a look in all the libraries, but can't find a thing
>>
>>76075606
not him but you can't compare selling physical minis to selling stls also there isn't much to sell if you are referring to the three franchises there isn't much to sell that hasn't already been done;
Halo? There are already files for Master Chief,the UNSCDF, the aliens, the guns and the vehicles.
Borderlands?Same,there are already files for the characters,the enemies and the non rg guns.
Destiny? Same as above.
The problem with franchises like these is that it's very difficult to find someone that wants to homebrew new stuff in and that can do it reliably enough that he could open a patreon for it.
>>
File: 20201122_015352.jpg (273 KB, 659x649)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
Are there any good looking plague bearer models and Nurgle cultists out there? I have tons of old low poly models but printing them in resin would be a waste. Plague Marines would also be appreciated.

Bonus objective: somebody posted an awesome mortarion model a few threads ago but the link died. Did anyone archive it?
>>
>>76075776
Scanning simply isn't feasible for most small minis. The scanners that deliver enough detail cost 5-6 figures and require more fixing and cleanup than it would take to model a mini from scratch.
>>
>>76075776
>good 3d scanned GW models
There was an anon whose boss had a professional 3d scanner and tried to scan some old noise marine(?) but the end result needed a lot of work and he didn't share it.It was a long time ago tho.
>>
>>76075776
What specifically are you looking for? There are a few gaps in availability of Space Marine stls, but out of all the armies it's the best covered and what you want is probably available.
>>
>>76075781
>also there isn't much to sell if you are referring to the three franchises there isn't much to sell
I really should go to sleep
>>
>>76073500
I'm not even on that tracker. My brother is on the tracker and it's something like 100 upload credits to invite someone else.
>>
>>76075797
If it's the model I think it is, I'll post the mortarion once my downloads for the day finish. You should contribute something to honor the anon that posted it originally, since those models were fuckin megabucks.
>>
>>76075848
>>76075776
>3d scanning for tabletop
This is currently a meme, the technology really just isn't there yet. It's cool for the historical/classic art preservation shit though.
>>
>>76076226
Well we have the technology it's just not User friendly enough or way too expensive. Most 3d scanners are designed to scan large objects reasonably fast and not deliver sub micron accuracy for small objects.

I did some 3d modeling of micro CT images for sub mm scale arthropods. The accuracy of those scans was around 5 μm which is more than enough for even the smallest of details.
>>
>>76075776
>>76075848
The best results I saw was from some anon who was somehow able to have a go on a small scale CT scanner of the sort used for reverse engineering of small parts. It's not something you tend to get personal access to on a regular basis though.
>>
>>76069285
>>76069154
The fact is that multiplayer games need popularity and also fans of smaller games want to support smaller companies when they can because they are aware of their precarious existence.

So the only niche for 3rd party or recasters or 3D printing becomes those who want to play the popular thing, but can't afford to.
>>
>>76076520
That's fair, I didn't specify that the technology "isn't there" for desktop consumer level.
>>
>>76075797
Try looking on cults.
Can't find em right now, but pretty sure there's a guy who made daemons for every chaos god.
>>
File: 20201121_204040.jpg (3.31 MB, 4000x2252)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
Gonna have to do some major sanding. Top half is giving way to more warping during curing than lower half did and requires a lot for jury rigging
>>
>>76077177
#niggerrigged
>>
>>76077177
Honestly anon, I bought one from FW years ago and it still needed significant gap filling.
>>
>>76077255
Its not just gap filling. Like some pieces were slightly too big for the mounting by like 1-2mm from warping during the curing process
>>
>>76077177
This is why I wonder why people bother 3d printing this shit instead of just buying recasts at this scale. How much time do you think you've spent fiddling with things that would've already been done with a cast?
>>
>>76077502
Because its fun doing it yourself
>>
>>76077177
What printer are you using?
>>
>>76077528
I guess fair, building stock kits / non converted kits just doesn't hold interest to me.
>>
Making another request for anyone who has Hexton H1lls with supports. If you don't want to upload that's alright, but I want to ask what you print your tiles on and if printing them on a Mini 4k would be an issue?
>>
>>76077530
Phenom
>>
>>76077502
Honestly, I don't expect it's too far off from the amount of hobby work you'd have to do on the official/recast stuff. A Titan is as much a monument to your hobby time and prowess as it is effectively worthless for the tabletop game.
>>
>>76077575
They're cool but in my opinion conversions and painting are the cool parts of it.
>>
>>76077575
I mean its not ENTIRELY worthless for the tabletop game. Granted a 3D printed one can't be used in tournaments, but my local store has weekly 40k games
>>
>>76077612
I don't think they functionally work in 40k the tabletop game. If you and the rest of your drug den have a weekly Apocalypse / Epic at 28mm throwdown then more power to you. I think in their hearts every one knows they're only going to play 1 to 5 games with it, in their life.
>>
>>76077664
I also live in a city that has yearly comic-cons with a 40k dedicated game room where people typically bring 9,000 to 12,000 point armies
>>
>>76077177
incredible as always anon
can't wait to see it completed
>>
The wall files someone wanted earlier.
aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9tUjRoZlI=
>>
>>76075904
Just a regular Tactical Marine, all the ones i've seen have been way over the top. I'd love to just print and paint some regular ones.
>>
>>76064774
>Make some interesting shit instead of ripping off GW

Pay for it and maybe they will.
>>
>>76076520
At the risk of sounding crass, what are they using to scan all that stuff for the adult industry for? They can't be using 6-7 figure machines unless they're a high end company that can afford it. Ir is it like the 3d print tech was 10-15 years ago and the scan tech just isn't in the consumer range yet?
>>
File: Void Dragon is $110 USD.jpg (144 KB, 1280x960)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>76077502
If you don't print-fail all the time you get very good value out of your 3-d printer, and with a lot more control over what happens. I still ordered my forgeworld rippers and Feirros from recast, but also printed $600 of Necrons. The limited availability of good .stls (bless you /3dpg/) are all that's stopping you from being free of ludicrous GW prices. Sure prints are rarely GW quality, but it's getting better and never matters at tabletop distance.
>>
>>76078164
>If you don't print-fail all the time you get very good value out of your 3-d printer

Yeah, but a lot of gamers buying printers now don't bother to learn how to fully use them.

A buddy of mine is a sculptor and sells STL files, he actually had a guy complain that one part of a model wasn't hollowed out, and that another model was made in several parts but he wanted it as one piece.

He actually expected the sculptor to make alterations to the models, just for him.

So he sent the guy a link to videos on Youtube for using Meshmixer (a free program) that can do all that for him, but the guy insisted that my friend should do it for him. He wasn't interested in learning how to do something as basic as hollowing a part out, reducing infill, or combining parts.

Needless to say he told the guy to fuck off.

But, that isn't an isolated incident. This shit is happening a lot, from what my sculpting friends have told me.
>>
>>76078363

which, I forgot to add, is why 3D printing won't become "mainstream" in wargaming for years to come.

Gamers are fucking lazy.
>>
Supporting minis is a meme. That said does anyone have good Street Fighter minis, specifically Ryu, Chun, Akuma, and Zangief?
>>
>>76078378
3d printing won't become mainstream because chink shit is so cheap to mass produce there's little incentive to buy a custom machine to make it. Same way most industries fought the internet tooth and nail to try and keep a physical medium over a digital one viable.

Secondly. It's dangerous. You can't expect your average joe to handle resin safely. And that's without touching on having to go fishing in your resin tank for parts stuck to the bottom or trying to trouble shoot when something doesn't quire go right for you.

I never see 3D printers becoming any more reliable than ink cartridge printers are. Except when they fuck up they fuck up bad and might kill you if you don't know what you're doing which makes their lack of friendliness way out of range.

By the time 3D printing becomes mainstream viable we will be so far down the generational gap that traditional gaming will be whole sale replaced by vidya in the minds of everyone under 40. We're close to that as it is.
>>
>>76078363
>>76078378
Dunno about your buddy's customer, but every time I've tried to use Meshmixer following the steps in the YouTube tutorial, something always fucks up for me. Like I tried following the tutorial to split a model and create a boolean difference to merge them so to print larger stls on smaller printers.

Needless to say, Meshmixer crashed on me while doing so
>>
>>76066540
>aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC95SHhnT0s

thanks anon!

also

>>76065161
aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9NRzVJb08=
>>
>>76078164
>>76078363
I just bought a CR10 V3 and it's coming in on Monday. Any protips for doing projects like the Warlord Titan? Can I also print minis or will the look like shit?
>>
>>76078739
The smallest you can get with FDM is 100 microns or .1mm, even with the best possible hotends. Thatll never compete with being able to achieve 20 microns on resin printers. It WILL however print bigger stuff pretty well like the Warlord. Most people have done the Warlord on FDM versus Resin. I went the crazier route
>>
>>76078802
>>76078739
Btw, invest in an Arduino board. For some reason Creality gives fuck all about being able to make their stuff updateable out of box, so doing firmware updates requires a third party piece of equipment
>>
>>76078802
Do FDM minis look like shit? I'm really new at this. I wanted to mainly print tanks and mechs. Some space marines too
>>
>>76078862
Tanks and larger mechs will be ok. Space MArines will fucking suck on FDM. Too much tiny detail thatll get lost by the lower resolution
>>
>>76078363
>>76078658
Meshmixer is a bit ass to use sometimes. I was trying to combine a star citizen ship that was split in half earlier and it refused to drop a pivot in the center of the cut, so rather than being able to just align the two halves and hit combine, I had to align them on the Z axis and nudge the pieces by .0001mm increments to line up.

And yes, the boolean difference tool is fucking impossible to use compared to the one in the 3d builder program that comes built in to windows 10.

It's one of those programs that's okay but will never get better because AutoDesk bought out the creators and is trying to force everyone into using their SaaS horseshit.
>>
>>76078884
What resin printer would you recommend for minis?

>>76078847
I think they fixed that on the V3?
>>
>>76064111
Anyone have the VoD stuff? Could not find it in alexandria at least
>>
>>76078921
For mini's specifically? Any of the 4k prints. The Photon Mono X is pretty popular
>>
>>76078947
Is the ANYCUBIC Photon S 3D Printer any good?
>>
>>76079000
>ANYCUBIC Photon S 3D
If youre not going for 4k, get the Mars Pro 2 instead. Also nice repeating digits
>>
>>76078862
Tanks will be fine. You'll need to use Rustoleum Filler Primer rather than your regular primer though. That or be prepared to sand.

Other tips:
The level of overhang you can manage is directly related to the ratio of the layer height to the line width. If you are printing at 0.2mm with a 0.4mm nozzle, you can do 45 degree overhangs. 0.1mm with a 0.4mm nozzle you can do 30 degree overhangs.
Don't bother with more than 8% to 10% infill. Especially if you're printing with 1.2mm walls.
The absolute most important thing to do with your printer is level the bed. 90% of your problems will come from a bed that's improperly leveled.
Go here and follow through at least the first layer and test cube steps. Don't bother with the acceleration calibration unless the printing time is way off from the cura estimation: https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#intro
You'll want to print a temperature tower with each new spool of filament. Even if you've bought filament from that manufacturer before.
>>
Anyone have any of the PS Dwarven stuff?

Mostly looking for the forge
>>
>>76079032
LOL I just ordered the Photon S 3D. It was $50 off and the YouTube vids I watched looks pretty clean. I just didn't want to drop $850 on the 4K. Should I return?

>>76079039
I purchased the autolevel sensor so I'll have that for each print. That should help correct?
>>
>>76077477
This anon (>>76077255) is exactly right. The ForgeWorld model probably requires just as much, if not more work than what you're doing.
>>
>>76079152
Mars Pro 2 is MSLA and has everything else the Photon S has, but $100 less
>>
>>76078739
Watch this video and download the guy's printer settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEWl51s9Rw

You'll have to tune your heat settings for your specific filament (I use Hatchbox) and I highly recommend a glass bed. Just my 0.0000011 BTC
>>
>>76078921
For minis:
Sub $200 color: Anycubic Photon, Elegoo Mars
$200 to $290 2k Mono: Photon Mono, Mars Pro 2, Creality LD-002H, Epax E6
$300- 4k Mono: Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k, Orange Longer 4k Mono (Wait for reviews), Epax E6 once they release the 4k kit.

Large format (4k mono with same xy resolution as 2k mono but larger buildplate):
Elegoo Saturn $500
Photon Mono X $700
Sonic Mighty 4k: $500
Epax E-10 $560
Epax E-10 5k $700

Ultra-large format, where the resolution is still better than FDM but not good for minis. Great for cosplay items and Titans though. Probably won't need these unless you have an engineering firm:
Peopoly Phenom: $1600 MSRP but I've seen it for $1400
Peopoly Phenom L: $2800
Phrozen Transform: $2250

Leaving out lesser known brands that are mostly similar to the Photon and the Mars. Also leaving out the high end stuff like Phrozen's dental casting machines.

Personally, I'd suggest checking out reviews for the LD-002H as it's the cheapest of the 2k monos currently.
>>
>>76079324
>$1,600
Fucking where? Everywhere I went that had it in stock was minimum $1,900
>>
>>76079168
So should I cancel the Photon S?

>>76079206
Thanks King. Saved to the watch list. Going to be fun setting up on Monday.

>>76079324
I just ordered the Photon S from Amazon for $320. Should I return that one? Willing to spend up to $500.
>>
>>76079349
Bear in mind the Saturn is on preorder only atm, so that leaves everything in $200 to $400 range. I'd still say go with the Mar Pro 2 since it has faster print times than the Photon S
>>
>>76079373
Is shelling out for the Photon Mono X worth it?
>>
>>76079406
Not really, if you want 4k minis, gets the Sonic Mini 4k. You'll save $500
>>
>>76079152
With the BLtouch sensor it helps but going by my brother's Ender 5 Plus you still need to adjust the four leveling screws until all four corners register the same offset. Also you'll want to run the first layer print from the website I linked to check the quality of the first layer visually.
Two other things I forgot to mention:
1. Always print tall thin pieces with a raft or a brim to keep from tipping over. Any walls you should print parallel to the Y-axis (The direction of the rail the build plate moves on.)
2. Get a set of 1.25" diameter duro 50 sorbothane bumpers off Amazon. That should eliminate any resonance vibrations from the extruder moving back and forth.
>>
>>76079422
One month wait period. Hmm. Not available on Amazon either. Quality is significantly better than the Photon S? I'll be mostly printing warhammer shit.

>>76079448
Thanks for the info. I actually ordered the dampeners already for the X and Y axis to help reduce sound. I'm mostly concerned with the calibration and getting things right before I blow my load trying to print out that Titan.
>>
>>76079483
Because of the size difference, the photon s essentially prints out same level of detail as a 2k on minis. Also
>One month wait period
The fuck you on?
https://www.amazon.com/PHROZEN-Sonic-Mini-Printer-Printing/dp/B084FBNLHS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=UQVB3VQI16HZ&dchild=1&keywords=sonic+mini+4k&qid=1606024709&sprefix=sonic+min%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-3
>>
>>76079349
Cancel the Photon S and get one of the 2k monos or the Sonic Mini 4k. The Photon S is a quality of life improvement over the 2k colors, and most of the 2k monos have the same features. The Photon Mono is $70 cheaper than the S, with a far better screen and the only difference QoL-wise is one less air filter fan and a couple screws on the build plate.

If you're willing to spend up to $500, then you should get the Mini 4k if you're wanting to do miniatures on one machine and vehicles on the CR-10, or the Mighty 4k if you want to do both on the same machine. The Mini 4k has the highest resolution outside of the upcoming Longer Orange 4k (Not shipping until January and from a company with iffy rep) and the Shuffle 4k ($3k machine for dentalwork.) Only caveats are that the Z-rail is 20mm shorter than other machines, and the lack of a carbon filter fan in the case (Both I think they dropped to keep it from competing with the $1500 Sonic 4k meant for dentistry.) So if you get one, either put it in a well-ventilated room or buy an air purifier on Amazon.
>>
>>76079536
That's the original sonic mini (non 4k).
>>
>>76079536
That's not the 4K version

>>76079590
Thanks for the good advise. Canceled the Photon S. I'll wait for the Mini 4M to get in stock. Even ebay is price gouging them right now.
>>
>>76079648
The mini 4k is a great little machine. If you end up changing your mind and decide you want something earlier than Dec/Jan, just make sure you're getting anything with a mono screen.
The jump from the old color screens to the new mono screens is a much larger leap than going from 2k to 4k. You'll be happy regardless of which one you get.
>>
>>76079745
How noticeable is the jump from 2K to 4K? I'm looking at the Mars Pro 2 right now as someone just suggested.
>>
>>76079745
I've heard the 4k needs an immediate FEP change out of the box from some other anon here but I dont know how much that statement was blowing smoke. Care to weigh in?
>>
>>76079776
Always check any FEP you get when you first open it. If its scracthed up at all, REALLY translucent, or loose (should be drum leather tight), replace it
>>
>>76078847
You haven't needed to use an arduino since the original ender 3, you just do it over USB now.
>>
>>76079536
>https://www.amazon.com/PHROZEN-Sonic-Mini-Printer-Printing/dp/B084FBNLHS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=UQVB3VQI16HZ&dchild=1&keywords=sonic+mini+4k&qid=1606024709&sprefix=sonic+min%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-3

That's the Sonic Mini, not the Mini 4k. Has a sub-2k mono screen.

Differences in XY resolution for printers:

Photon/S/Mars/Pro: 47 micron
Photon Mono/Mars 2 Pro/LD-002H: 51 micron
Saturn/E10/Mighty4k/MonoX: 51 micron
Epax E6/X1: 50 micron
Mini 4k: 35 micron
Longer 4k: 37micron X 10micron Y (Rasterization gimmick I'm dubious about)
Shuffle 4k: 31 micron
Phenom/X133/Transform: 76 micron

Note that the 2k monos have a slightly lower resolution than the 2k colors due to a larger buildplate, but the definition is better due to the lack of light bleed. Also your prints are about 50% faster and the lcd screen lasts four to ten times longer before needing replacement.
>>
>>76078862
No, but they are still nowhere near as good as resin or injection moulded.
Here's my experiments printing epic on a CR-10S, there's a 28mm scale knight titan in there too.
https://imgur.com/gallery/e8nJZ12
>>
>>76079771
To the naked eye there's almost no difference, especially after painting. But taking pictures with good lighting and a decent lens you'll be able to pick out differences on miniatures.
>>76079776
Funnily enough I didn't hear about the FEP being bad or needing immediate replacement. But mine DID get a pinhole in it after only 10 prints or so and cured resin on my screen. Scraped it off cleanly with no damage, but needed new FEP. I heard good things about the epax nFEP but I ended up just using some existing monocure FEP I had laying around.
>>
>>76079771
There's a few comparison videos on youtube showing off the difference between the X1 (Best 2k mono printer) and the Mini4k, but I think you need to be using high quality sculpt resin to get the clear differences seen in the video.

From my experience printing with cheap water washable resin, what I mostly see is an improvement in the definition of details. Like turning up the contrast on a picture. You still won't be able to print eyebrows on a model but differences in armor textures show up better.
>>
>>76079857
Do you have the files for the titan?
>>
>>76079448
>going by my brother's Ender 5 Plus you still need to adjust the four leveling screws until all four corners register the same offset.
No, you just need to enable mesh bed levelling in the firmware and call the mesh at the start of each print.
G28 to home all the axis, followed by M420 to recall the mesh.
>>
>>76079914
If its a scaled down version of the one I'm printing, its in the Repo in OP
>>
>>76079941
I meant the 28mm knight, sorry.

>>76079939
Trust me, mesh bed levelling still needs a good base to work from.
>>
>>76079897
So outside of the minor spec difference, should I pick up the Mars Pro 2, X1, or wait till next year for the 4K to be in stock
>>
>>76079954
>Knight
Thats definitely in the Repo then
>>
Yo, TMC just posted november files, if someone links the october and june files for TMC I can post november
>>
>>76079971
I have the Mars and the Mars Pro 2.

Mars Pro 2 effectively cuts print times in half
>>
>>76079941
It's on thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3208804
I can't remember if these are the modified parts I did, but here:
aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9IbkVmQmo=
>>
>>76079993
My bad, I thought you wanted the warlord.
>>
>>76079991
Ordered the Mars Pro 2
>>
>>76079971
I would suggest the LD-002H or the Photon Mono over the Mars 2 Pro, as the LD-002H has the same features and is still in early bird pricing. Also some people have had issues with the Mars 2 Pro because it doesn't have tempered glass covering the LCD screen.

X1 is targeted at dentists and is priced accordingly. The people doing minis with it are prosumers making money from podcasting and doing minis for other people. The E6 is essentially the consumer version of it. There's also rumors it's getting a 4k upgrade kit sometime next year.
>>
>>76073500
>>76075919
And now it's dead because some fucker followed the creator from another site and kept trying to dox him IRL.
>>
>>76080397
LOL I already returned the Photon S. So which one should I get king? Leaning LD-002H since I have cr 10 already
>>
>>76080500
Watching Youtube reviews it looks like the LD-002R reviewed well and the H is the same printer with a mono screen. I'd get it because it's the same features as the Mars 2 Pro but $40 cheaper since its still Early Bird. Looks like a good solid 2k printer.
>>
I'm looking for good Empire models for Fantasy, preferably models that scale well and fit the style of the 7th and 8th edition models.
>>
does anybody have any modern military models, or modern vehicles, vans, whatever?
>>
Gh@m@k oct and nov fantasy?
>>
I'm running Last Days campaign.
I want to channel L4D Blood Harvest campaign with the Farmhouse Finale.
Does anyone have a source for a two story farmhouse and modern barns?
>>
>>76066012
Bump
>>
>>76080440
fucking whiteknights man

>>76077983
thank you based provider of walls
>>
>>76070233
That's because
>muh indigenous genocide
>muh era of racism
>muh Great Darkness Before Year 0 (1945)
You will never have anything you like by standing aside. Nothing good will ever come unless you grip that creative heart and wrench it beating from the corpulent mass of globohomocaponihilation and use it yourself.
>>
Anyone have the Rubim patreon girls?
>>
File: titans (1).jpg (1.13 MB, 3426x1404)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Is there an upload of Gangfight Games Nov?
>>
>>76070233
>>76081360
And I'm reminded once again how neat it would be to see Great Rails Wars revived by 3d printing, especially since the original minis were ass.

Too bad Pinnacle has gone full wokeism "Can't have the Confederacy exist even as a Soviet-style Cold War villain."
>>
some cowboys and indians and weird stuff https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Gangfight
>>
some more cowboys amongst this randomness https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Onmioji
>>
>>76064111
is it possible to scan a Sprue? or do I need to scan individual parts.
any tutorials on doing so?
>>
>>76081960
3D scanning is not advanced enough to be of any use regarding minis
>>
File: asdfasdfasd.png (415 KB, 695x614)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
Does anyone have any ideas for 3d printable Sabre tooth tiger/frost sabre that I could use instead of GW frost sabres?

Any sort of yeti model would be cool too.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>76077177
WOW! It's looking great fellow titan printer! Good work!
>>
>>76081960
It would obliterate any fine detail. Scanning large objects and scaling them down to 28-32mm scale works fine, but scanning something that is already at that scale would difficult. Maybe with industrial-tier equipment, but at that point you are paying way more for the scanner than you would paying for a few armies.

Cost and time spent on scanning (with a cheaper scanner) an then fixing the scanned model could be spent on recasting or making a brand new 3d model in blender or zbrush.
>>
>>76081960
If you had the gear it would probably be best to scan individual parts. 3D printers don't need sprues, so with them you're just adding more support material that will have to be cleaned off for no benefit.
>>
>>76073193
Have to agree with these anons. The November cyberpunk release was posted, which looks really close to October's, but the October release isn't there. Just went through the entire thread.
>>
I reckon our best hope for 3D scanning is learning algorithms. So many papers are coming out now demonstrating 3D reconstruction from photographs and videos, and if that technology filters down into a photogrammetry software (and it's not too computing intensive for a single graphics card) then it could bring a big leap in the kind of complexity that can be captured.
>>
>>76080440
is it really dead? I've been struggling with my client for the past couple hours and haven't been able to access the site.
>>
>>76082165
Have you searched the free sites?
>>
>>76078098
As far as I know there aren't any high quality Mk6 or Mk7 builders, but there are parts:
Mk6 Legs: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3297884
Mk7 Legs: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3282935
(more) https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460813
Mk6 Torso: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/firstborn-torsos-strategic-team-version
Mk7 Torso: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3709790
Mk6 & Mk7 Heads: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/firstborn-heads-strategic-team-version

I don't think there are any good Mk6 or Mk7 arms available, but the Mk4 arms from this kit look just fine:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/modular-marines-pt1-mark-4-tactical

Check Cults or Thingiverse for weapons and pauldrons. There are tons and tons of variants available because GW doesn't go after bits like that.
>>
>>76082408
Yeah I found some sabres there but they have bases built in...
>>
>>76082508
That's an easy fix, pre or post print.
>>
>>76082508
Use meshmixer to cut them off
>>
>>76082536
>>76082556
Both very good ideas, cheers!
>>
>>76079802
>>76079893
What brand FEP should I get for my mini 4k? I'm kind of new to this and don't want to buy the wrong shit.
>>
>>76082563
Don't you mean..."based" ideas?
(puts on ultimate printed shades)
>>
>>76082955
lmao
>>
>>76068012
Which model did you use?
>>
>>76076152
I have no regrets now that I have a big boy job. And they were on sale that day.
>>
Anyone got models from M@nuel B.? Looking for his gnolls/chaos warriors.
>>
>>76082415
Thanks anon. I'll see what I can put together, if I make anything decent, i'll share it here.
>>
>>76082834
Find out what microns their "brand" FEP's are. As long as you get the micron sized FEP its designed for, really any FEP will work
>>
>>76078681

by anychanse do you have september? :D
>>
Looking for these from pr1n73d 0b535510n
>>
>>76084181
forget it i just see it on stlexandria xd
>>
>>76080992
Posted Nov fantasy at least two time in almst the same amount of days... take a look in the older thread mate
>>
>>76079987
Oct
aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9EMnlWaHY=

Might have May, can't remember when I started sub and can't check patreon post since I usually sort them into folders by theme and had to cancel for Nov so I can pay bills.
>>
>>76071236
Not that anon but I started this month because I only just got my printer. It was good that his earlier stuff is in the repository cause his stuff doesn't seem to be very well organised elsewhere (in actual shops)
Do you happen to know any other creators that do modern/cold war military stuff?
>>
Does anyone lubricate their FEP so prints don't stick?
>>
>>76085153
No
>>
Guys, are there other minis with the same style as amini3D's Sahuagin, Ilkithid and Wereshark models? Going to use them to play OnePageRule's deep sea elves(even though they're not elves).
>>
>>76084959
Not the same anon, but 3D printing is dominated by fantasy and 40k. Your options are few and you will most definitely have to pay to get the models, as not a lot of people print modern/historical stuff. At this point you may be better off just buying the physical minis.
>>
>>76069565
why do you think that?
>>
>>76085700
easiest chapter to paint to a basic tabletop standard.
>>
>>76085153
that sounds like a retarded idea ngl
>>
There are a bunch out there, but I want to know what you lads think the best SoB stls you guys know of.
>>
I've got my mars 2 pro in the basement right now but I'm considering bringing it upstairs. Do any of you guys that print where you live worried about long term health effects of resin printing? I got a enclosure that I bought off amazon and also a air purifier with a hepa filter and activated carbon.
>>
>>76084959
a long time ago I saw Russian and American modern soldiers patreon . you'll probably have to cough up for them
>>
>>76075559
If he did mess up the connections he fried his charge pump on the motherboard.
So he needs a new one.
>>
Does anyone have november's c@st & pl@y? Thank you beforehand
>>
>>76083010
the battle barge is the great library, the small marine is in thingverse anon
>>
anyone know where the emperor of mankind file from the OP is in the repo? I cant seem to find it but I figured its there
>>
>>76081229
what tracker are we talking about? #lifegoals
>>
>>76086920
don't worry about it. it's dead now I guess.
>>
File: 1543071670027.jpg (287 KB, 1082x695)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
Best recommendations on smaller terrain pieces for AoS?
>>
Kindly requesting the Loop de Loop and Burning Ring of Fire from Printable Scenery.

But anything from their Post-Apocalypse range would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>76086693
Golden Papa on the TMC folder inside STLexandria
>>
>>76087352
nvm I think is not the same model
>>
Okay, I’m retarded
How does the freefagshit work?
>>
>>76087585
What do you mean?
>>
>>76087675
It just looks like a fuck ton of letters and numbers rather than a mega folder or a pastebin
>>
File: Capture4.jpg (122 KB, 1168x1150)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>76083299
>>76082415
Just printing now, lets see how it'll turn out
>>
Does anyone have Gre@t Grimoire October and November release? Thanks
>>
>>76086068
The Mars 2 Pro already has a decent filter built in it. As long as its not an enclosed space, you should be fine. My Phenom is literally 10ft away from my bed
>>
>>76087934
I'm sure it'll look fine at that scale, but you will get noticeable layer lines having large smooth areas so flat like that.
>>
>>76087934

that backpack wont come out properly
n ever print flat surfaces with supports parallel to the print bed
>>
>>76087585
Check the previous thread, it has the answer.
>>
>>76088198
And the thread before that, and the one before that, etc
>>
I'm completely new to 3D printing, can anyone give me a couple tips please?
I have an anycubic photon and would like to start printing 6mm miniatures, what settings, aside from resin settings in the OP should I use? Looking at parameters there's a lot of stuff like lift speed, etc.
Is there a complete guide to these parameters for a noob?
>>
File: resize-wolveriderz.jpg (302 KB, 1080x1080)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Anyone got Wolf Riders by Orc King Studio ? <3
>>
>>76088286
I put my printer to print about 70% speed compared to what it defaults to and it made it easier to work with.
>>
>>76088286
seconding this for some recommended settings for an anycubic photon printer
>>
>>76085418
The thing is I've bought the most relevant figures availiable and am about to start making my own 3d models based on those ripped from vidya. I don't mind paying if there's an option. I just don't seem to find anything besides albinoraven.

>>76086232
Do you recall the creators name by any chance?
>>
>>76083527
Looking at the official Phrozen site they use a 210*290mm nFEP.

Has anyone here tried using EPAX X1 nFEP in the 200 x 140mm by 0.125mm size on their Mini 4k? I see some people recommending it, but if anyone has personal experience between them I want to hear it.
>>
>>76088286
Important thing is to lower lift speed. Lift speed should be 60mm/min or lower.

If you've got a newer photon and it's requiring files to be .pws you'll want to flash the firmware so you can slice .photon files directly in Chitubox instead of two-stepping everything. Photon Slicer has barely any features in comparison so you'll be wanting to slice in Chitubox or Lychee.

Watch this video to figure out resin settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-9Ia0SibQ It's always better to err on the side of overexposure so prints don't fail and you're stuck cleaning the vat.
>>
>>76087934
>>76088128
prusa slicer has an auto-orientation feature you might try out if, like me, you're too lazy to properly angle every single bit manually all the time.
>>
>>76087698
Once you reach a certain level of based, you will understand the meaning.
>>
>>76088627
that level should be around the nintendo 64
>>
>>76088539
According to Phrozen's website, the 4k mini uses 100micron FEP sheets
>>
File: nFEP.jpg (44 KB, 612x800)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>76088701
Doesn't this say 150 micron? If not then where should I bet getting more FEP for it?
>>
>>76088739
Do you see the mini 4k in that list?
>>
>>76088597
Autoorient is still just a tool - and good god, sometimes that tool went crazy as fuck with the orientations, if you think its orientation feels off, it probably is.
>>
>>76081380
This is just Amber lol
>>
>>76088756
No you are correct, I thought the 4k/Sonic was the Mini 4k it I suppose it isn't. Seems like maybe I just order some EPAX X1 nFEP. A lot of more recent comments on the 4k seem like the last batch that went out had a lot of really fucked up printers in it. Has me sweating a bit.
>>
since the private tracker is dead, is the discord or telegram alive still?
>>
>>76088052
>>76088128
>>76088597

Cheers for the feedback. I'll post a photo of how he comes out. Layer height is 0.025 so hopefully it isn't bad
>>
>>76068399
I relevel after every print just cause it doesn’t take long and I’d rather do that than have a failed print down the line
>>
>>76089537
Yea. I went 4 weeks never having to level my Phenom. Now, ever since I changed the FEP, I HAVE to level it AND clean the vat after every print. Not sure what the deal is there, considering I got 4 weeks of clean prints without any failures
>>
>>76089756
Cleaning the vat everytime would suck an immense amount of ass - when you replaced the FEP did you take off the protective sheet?

I just run the plastic scraper through the vat to remove any loose bits and agitate the resin a bit
>>
>>76089887
The Phenom ones dont come with a protective sheet. Learned that lesson with my Mars.
>>
>>76088938
there was a telegram?
>>
>>76090113
There are lots of them, but you have to find the ones that are alive yourself
>>
>>76086381
Interested
>>
>>76085153
i do and it worked nicely
>>
>>76085153
UncleJessy, which is a long standing 3D printer enthusiast with like 20 3D printers has a tutorial video specifically on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYK_8aEpUCY
>>
>>76090113
I believe so, I saw people talk about one in the chat anyways.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.43 MB, 1390x1706)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
Kitbashed together some genestealers for a secret Santa present.
I don’t play 40k,
I have no idea what they look like.
This is pretty much it right?
>>
Can anyone share Herezsy Lab kickstarter files?
>>
>>76090889
Hurry and post the files before you get banned.
>>
>>76090889
>alien dick pics
>actually manages to capture the essence of genestealers
Good job anon, you sick fuck.
>>
>>76087698
base64 decode, ignore the faggots doing their unfunny "based" and 64 jokes
>>
>>76090889
holy shit this is beautiful, it's what GW envisioned when they made the genestealers in rogue trader.
>>
>>76091417
Spoonfed him more mongoloid
>>
>>76091417
Hey smoothbrain, why don't you just post open links while you're at it.
>>
>>76090155
I wouldn't even know where to look.
>>
Aight boys, I took the plunge on the Mink 4k so now I have to wait. I need to get some resin while I wait.

Can I use that water washable stuff? I'd like to keep the smell down at least starting off.
>>
>>76091768
you really think thinly veined hints at base64 would prevent the links from being flagged down? if random anons can follow the instructions so can whiteknights and copyright holders
>>
>>76090889
>put down I play gsc on my ss sheet
fuck please be mine
>>
File: 20201122_180605-01.jpg (1001 KB, 1960x1509)
1001 KB
1001 KB JPG
First fully 3d printed army. While painting it i learned that I need get better at cleaning my prints. Nonetheless satisfying to get this done. I don't know if I will expand this army or do another 2000 point project next, but I have a bunch of non printed models I must paint, so I have time to dedicate to a long project.
>>
>>76085153
Yes it works. Perfect prints since I started using PTFE or glycerin. No more warping since there is no pull on the models. Both are more dense than resin so no worries about it mixing with the resin. They will always settle on the FEP below the resin. Opposite of oil and water basically. You only need a few drops after every wash and clean of the FEP.
>>
>>76092344
not him but
>you still shouldn't spoonfed, people should lurk
>you're overestimating copyright holders
>it helps a lot against crawlers so yes it does help prevent links from being flagged down by automated bots
>>
>>76092344
I think you openly spamming it like a moron is going to cause all manner of problems.
>>
>>76088052
>>76088128
>>76088597
>>76089417

Some print errors, but this has been a learning experience. Only been printing for about a month.
>>
>>76092685
What printer are you using?
>>
For the anon that wanted morty, curze included for fun

aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9FcWdXUlY=
>>
>>76092685
Not bad but looks a bit rough. If you're not too versed in supports I'd snag Prusa Slicer and use their 'optimize orientation' and 'auto supports' options as those have worked really well for me in the past. Easy to add a few extra supports in places that might need 'em too.

Also a good idea to give it a dip in warm/hot water after cleaning and remove the supports then, before curing, fully to reduce damage and cleanup left behind.
>>
>>76077983
You don't happen to have this one, do you? "2-Length-Wall-Industrial-Frame-Closed-Damaged". Seems to be missing
>>
So I have been getting a weird phenomena lately where small bits of resin are getting cured in the vat in areas where there isnt any pieces of the model present, almost as if the UV is getting deflected to wrong areas. Swapped my FEP, but still doing it. Is this a sign of the LED going out?
>>
Does anyone have the Trihex Citadel packs - the terrain for Blackstone Fortress from Dragons Rest?
>>
>>76093417
Start a tiny print without your vat on and a piece of paper over your LCD. See any light leaking through your screen where it shouldn't?
>>
>>76092862
Elegoo Mars Pro with a layer height of 0.025

>>76093167
I've had better prints with supports i've done desu. This is the first one i've done where every part was different. Thanks for the tip on the hot water, i'll defo give that a shot.
>>
>>76090889
Absolute madman
>>
>>76089957
I also learned that lesson the hard way
>>
Anyone got Asgard Rising's Oct release?

also looking for the Nov releases of Dragon trappers and idk whatever else you got.
>>
>>76092517
Did someone say spoonfeed?
>>76087698
Use this https://www.base64decode.net/
>>
What is it with October releases being so hard to find?
>>
Yep, got ourselves a troll trying to get sites taken down.
>>
>>76093696
lmao owned libturd
>>
>>76093592
Regretfully cant test that right now since its printing.
>>
File: 1u9m1q1imx6y.jpg (268 KB, 960x596)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>76093696
not him but thank you
>>
Longshot, but still looking for the WW2 M4rch to H3ll KS, anyone have it?
>>
>>76094061
I'll post it tomorrow
>>
>>76090889
Give me that gene stealer, n o w
>>
>>76092306
Water washable is fine. eSun smells more than Anycubic but is a bit stronger. Haven't tried Elegoo.
>>
>>76093375
Pretty sure that one's in the damaged folder rather than the walls folder. In my stuff it's got the same modified by date as the first download so I didn't have to download it again.
>>
>>76093696
lmao this has to be the weakest attemp at trolling since the inception of the general,congrats.
>>
File: try two.png (258 KB, 713x653)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
How the FUCK am I doing with supports? I've watched the playlist but still feel lost
>>
Why are there multiple listings of different creality ender 3 v2 printers? Are they all significantly different or just minor adjustments? Will I JUST myself if I just pick one at random basically?
>>
>>76091256
>>76094248
I’ll put the models up once I get successful prints. The muscle dude was from a pack of 52 poses I bought, so technically it’s licensed.. but I’ll link the dudes work too cause it was only
Like $2 for the lot.
There’s also a space marine of similar style...

>>76092394
Sorry my friend, it just had “Nids” on the sheet.
>>
>>76094392
You’ve got a tricky model, I’d rotate it until those tiny supports are off the face,
Maybe head down first with feet in the air at an angle. With still the majority on the back and wings
>>
>>76092454
Hi, I know is a little dumb to ask, but what game/rules/system you are using?
I new to the hobby and I trying to figure out systems for wargaming, how build a army and etc.
>>
>>76094568
Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that.
>>
>>76094072
<3 anon
>>
File: 20201122_213755.jpg (3.47 MB, 4032x3024)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
Hey guys. Sharkboi here. I've been taking a break from 40k prints to practice painting techniques. I just finished up coom Zelda, it's not perfect but I learned a lot painting it. Just gotta finish up the base and it will be all good to go.

To whoever posted tyberos the red wake on thingiverse, thank you my nigga I love you from the bottom of my heart. He's gonna be my next project as I move back to working on my carcharodons.
>>
File: 1590451650263.png (627 KB, 1641x1233)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
what's up with presupported models? the raft is fucked up, they include completely horizontal thin supports, and there's no supports attached to the center of the base
>>
>>76094719
That is easily the worst presupported I think i've ever seen.
>>
>>76094606
I'm using these tomb kings in age of sigmar. They're not really supported but I don't really care about competition, its more of what people are playing around me. Aos is a halfway decent system with many groups so if fantasy is your thing it might be worth trying.
>>
File: 1605924363779.png (2.75 MB, 2023x1129)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>76094853
It's the gravemaw from fleshcraft studios. it's a shame because they make such neat models.
>>
Weird ask, but has anyone got a model that would make for a cool 40k Enslaver? Just some floating betentancled nasty, or that failing any cool wacky alien monster.
>>
File: 1.jpg (143 KB, 639x528)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Anyone have this or another X-23 model? I want to print for Marvel Crisis Protocol
>>
>>76094719
Never Trust Pre Supported
>>
>>76095369
Rocketpiggames probably has some kind of nightmarish creature that looks similar
>>
>>76094469
I assume you're looking at amazon? Check the brand with clickable link. It looks like a lot of them are 3rd parties selling it with additional bits like direct drive mods. Official one is marked Amazon's Choice.

That said, it's $25 cheaper buying from Creality directly: https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/ender-3-v2-3d-printer
>>
>>76096031
Thanks for the response, I'll just try to buy directly from creality. Hopefully there will be a deal this Friday/upcoming Monday
>>
>>76094719
I really hate when presupported is supplied as an stl exported with supports. At least with the .chitubox or .lys I can fix the misses.
>>
>>76096049
The Ender 3 original is going on sale on Amazon at midnight PST(4 hours), if that helps. The Anycubic Chiron goes on sale tomorrow at 11:30 PST but I don't know how it stacks up.

I just keep checking the upcoming black friday deals and hitting control f 3d.

https://www.amazon.com/blackfriday/ref=gbps_ftr___dls_UPCM?gb_f_GB-SUPPLE=sortOrder:BY_SCORE,enforcedCategories:16310091,dealStates:UPCOMING&ie=UTF8
>>
Anyone know a quick and painless way of taking a sketchfab model and turning it into a 3d print? Especially if it's a T-posed one without rigging?
>>
>>76092484
How do you do it? I couldn't find any info about this method. Sounds cool.
>>
>>76096149
Well if you want just a T-posed dude and can save it as a .obj then you could just chithubox it.

But if you want it posed you’re gonna have to rig it my dude.

What’s the object of. You might peak someone’s interest and they might rig it for you.
>>
>>76096149
Blender is probably your best bet for rigging something.
>>
Anyone can upload their Last Sw0rd collection? Will trade for my pr1nt’n’pa1nt collection
>>
>>76094863
Thanks for the reply, I gonna check out!!!
>>
File: pain in the ass.jpg (131 KB, 1444x1619)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Hey guys,

Anybody got any tips for supporting models that have a done of like conduits / wiring? Its such a pain in the ass having to make a support for every little notch in the wires, especially when a model has multiple.

Pic related.
>>
>>76096346
It's capeshit for MCP, not the most popular thing for this community i understand
>>
>>76096719
Just post it you baby
>>
>>76096774
its nothing specific I'm just trying to print as many marvel shit as possible like >>76095485
>>
>>76096774
>>76096812
https://www.models-resource.com/xbox_360/marvelvscapcom3/model/2629/
for example. i tried using mixamo to just auto-rig it but the claws get fucked up
>>
>>76070287
Many are arriving with broken screens and sensors including mine, do not recommend. And creality not responding to complaints
>>
>>76096647
Support trees. You'll still have to manually place them on each little islajd, but you can make it all branch off one or two supports to save time and resin. Just watch your angles.
>>76096149
>>76096863
You could throw on an existing working rig from a model you already have that's similar or close enough. Look up weight paint transfer.
>>
Has anyone seen a sanguinary guard or something similar?
>>
File: file.png (760 KB, 1235x1093)
760 KB
760 KB PNG
>>76096647
This worked for me. I've been getting the best detail out of purely vertical prints, extra time be damned.
>>
>>76094348
Oh damn, didn't even see the damaged folder, good call. Thanks anon.
>>
>>76064111
Any good ork patreon or models in general besides geargutz? Not a fan of his organic modela, vehicles are decent thoigh
>>
>>76088339
>aHR0cHM6Ly9nb2ZpbGUuaW8vZC9EMnlWaHY=
they have 150 patrons...
>>
>>76097616
At this point probably best to plane cut heads off of AG models in meshmixer and then stick them on someone else's postapocalypse models.

That's what I'm doing for Starfinder (Though with Rakshasha/Tabaxi, Lizardmen, and Kobolds in my case.)
>>
Looking for G00nM@st€rG@mes patreon stuffs, especially scenery and flies, anyone ?
>>
>knock my photon backwards
>clean up most of it
>resin still dripping out the bottom
It turns on, homed, and tried exposure test, everything still looks fine. Am I good?
>>
Anyone got Asgard Rising or Highlands Miniatures November 2020?
>>
File: m.jpg (12 KB, 479x293)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>76098447
I would also be interested in this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.