[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just admit that The Greater Good is far superior to whatever the Imperium offers to its inhabitants. Even some humans are willing to join the Tau out of the sheer superiority of it.
>>
>>76062406
I'm not a big 40k fan so I might be wrong, but isn't the Tau far weaker than the other big 40k powers? Is a better life for a few centuries really worth it when everybody else can fuck your shit whenever they feel like it?
>>
>>76062406
I'm sorry, does your side have big tentacle cocks to defile pure Imperial nuns with? No? Then how are they superior to Slaanesh?
>>
How cucked do you have to be to want literal aliens to rule over you.
>>
>>76062601
>told the guy getting ruled by a fucking rotting corpse on a meta chair
>>
>>76062520
Yes? Chances are, in a few centuries you are dead either way. Why not spend this time in a far nicer place?
>>
>>76062406
>*laughs in dark eldar*
>>
File: the last man.jpg (41 KB, 770x545)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>76062406
>a star wars prequel rip off
Uh, no thanks.
>>
>>76062406
They literally mind control their own citizens and forcefully keep political stasis by parading around robo aun'va
>>
>>76062708
Because I'm not some mere hedonist who only cares about myself?
>>
>>76062825
Cuck
>>
Better dead than red
>>
File: 1532815414754.jpg (264 KB, 834x737)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>76062909
>>
>>76062406
Are you implying that Greater Good is basically as good as Chaos Gods and Jenovah's Witnesses? Cause humans are okay with joining all of them. Doesn't seem like that much of a praise. Hell, there are people who join suicide cults or, even worse, fans of little horsies.
>>
>>76062825
So you care about grinding away in a wagecuck job, with below third world working and living conditions, just so some uncaring upper spire elite can be 0,0000000001% wealthier?
>>
>>76062406
The Tau canonically castrates and sterilizes humans who join them.
>>
>>76063453
they dont. Thats just the non canon ending of a down of war video game
>>
Is greater good going to provide me cute elfish girls to abuse?
>>
>>76063453
Sterilization is generally considered a less grievous punishment than death, which is what the Imperium largely offers to its populace.
>>
>>76062406
>>76062406
Tau are literally aa spec in some random segmentum Imperium is too bored to crush. Real xenochads put their trust in highly mobile fleet-based civilizaton like Fra'al.
>>
>>76062925
>he fell for the tau are communists meme
>>
Their empire is certainly more pleasant to live under and more fair. I could hardly blame someone for turning against the imperium to serve the Tau.

But from the outside observers view, i don't know if they're 'better'. Their tolerance of unbound human psykers on their worlds is going to severely bite them and everyone nearby in the ass. So is their widespread use of AI. And probably many of the other smaller fires they play with too.
>>
File: 1527012576700.jpg (170 KB, 1422x1626)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Wow, these Tau have such cool technology and a much more enlightened society. I can't wait to get chemically castrated and eat onions for the rest of my life!
>>
>>76062406
>Tau can't even appreciate the beauty of the landscape cuz their eyes are shit
Lel
>>
>>76064585
Psykers havent bitten them in the ass yet, despite them having human populations and the great rift existing for 100+ years already, at the end of the plague wars.
>>
>>76064585
>tau caste system
>fair

L M A O
>>
>>76062825
Then, stop supporting regime that is greatest enemy to all humans? Or support one that is a lot more effective at extreminating humans.
What I mean is, either go genestealer cults or tau, both are better at what you want.
>>
>>76062601
Well if your ruling class barely qualifies as human with the level of augmentation they're getting, the practical difference is small.

So THAT cucked. Cucked by overlords who see human life as a form of ammunition.
>>
>rigid caste structure with an unquestionable ruling party that all others are subservient to
>ah yes, communism
American education system for you, I suppose.
>>
>>76064768
More so than the imperium? Yes, obviously. Its laughable that you would break out le green arrow of ridicule over this.
>>
>>76062406
Tau are just humans before grimderp universe got to them. It will get to them too.
>>
File: 1420366183544.jpg (35 KB, 338x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>76065002
>rigid caste structure with an unquestionable ruling party that all others are subservient to
Sounds less like Communism in theory and more like Communism in practice.
>>
>>76065665
So, not communism, you mean? Next you'll be telling me the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a democracy because it says Democratic on the tin, right?

A man gives you seeds, says they're beans, but when you plant them you get apples. Doesn't make them beans, just makes you a retard, y'know?
>>
>>76065807
>The point
>Your head
>>
>>76065844
I don't think you quite understand what you're trying to say yourself, champ. Please elucidate your incredibly high brow concept for me then.
>>
>>76065807
Except in this case, there are actual democracies we can compare the DPRK to. Place that really do look like what advocates for democracy claim a democracy should look like.

Communism's track record is more like someone selling unicorn seeds which turn out to grow into apples. And then apologizing and offering you replacements which also grow into apples. So you track down othe sellers and they sell you seeds that also grow into apples. And then a century later you start to realize maybe unicorns don't exist, it was strange to expect a mammal to grow from a seed in the first place, and these people are scam artists.

Also the apples are all Red Delicious and half a billion people died.
>>
>>76064683
this
>>
>>76062745
40k pre-dates Starwars by over a decade
>>
File: 1424308059853.png (228 KB, 320x385)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>76066029
>40k is in the year 40,000
>Star Wars was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.
Checkmate, atheist.
>>
>>76065929
So what you've done here is repeat exactly what I said, but as if you were using it to argue against me somehow. Communism is the bean/unicorn seeds, but it only grows apples in the form of authoritarian states. Again, it doesn't make them beans, just makes you a retard, y'know?

Also horribly irrelevant, because TAU AREN'T COMMUNIST.
>>
>>76066122

The dude's pretty clearly saying that Tau are just Stalinists, or really any form of Communism once applied. As in, it never becomes the Utopian classless state with a vestigial government, but instead solidifies into a complete authoritarian dictatorship ruled by an all powerful noble class.

We can say they're "not real Communists" or even that "they don't know about Communism", but in essence, they're doing the same thing.
>>
>>76066343
The point is that, "communism" and "a complete authoritarian dictatorship ruled by an all powerful noble class" are inherently incompatible states. You cannot be both, because one precludes the other by definition. You can say that the former always leads to the latter, which is agreeable given history, but to say that the former IS the latter is just retarded Americanism in action. Calling a bean an apple does not make it such. A bean is a bean, an apple an apple, and no matter that the farm once grew beans, it doesn't change the fact that it now grows apples.
>>
>>76064585
AI next to unsupervised psykers should bite them in the ass but GW tends to ignore that.
>>
We are talking about a species that become united under one ideology, one rule, one government all the way back to napoleonic or even early modern times. There's no way that the original ideology would be based on communism (which itself is a byproduct of industrialization) other than by the Ethereals embracing the concept as the Tau industrialize and reach the stars and talk about the fruits of labor, industry, and progress to the Tau.
>>
>>76066541
>Imperial superstition says the earth is flat, but for some reason I can't quite figure out GW chooses to portray the earth as a sphere anyway
>>
>>76066426

You're splitting hairs, my dude.
The former always leading to the latter *does*, in fact, make it the thing.

You're actually arguing for semantics alone. If two plants produce fruit and they both present the same properties, then we are comfortable claiming the two fruits to be of the same type.
Communism does *not* advocate for its own end result, sort of. But it is disingenuous to claim that the result should have no bearing on the ideology.
>>
>>76066628
>Anyway that's why the USSR is an argument for why we can't fund any health care
>>
>>76066626
>Chaos isn't real guys
Would be hell of a retcon no matter how much you try to pretend it's all unreliable narration.
>>
>>76062406
Why do soiboys sign up for sterilization so willingly?
>>
File: Tau sympathizer.png (188 KB, 419x461)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>76062406
Gay.
>>
>>76066848
Notice how the superstition is grounded in a real event, but the unreliable narrator never distinguishes between the level of AI that fucked over the DAOT, and drone hardware that can shoot things without missing and perform basic maneuvers like "If(outgunned) retreat;"
You're supposed to think critically about that.
>>
File: Scanner_light2.jpg (295 KB, 800x565)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>76066541

I find it hard to believe that the Tau would ever leave anything "unsupervised", particularly if you characterize them as this high tech, highly-organized, everpresent surveillance, networked, eugenic-minded, society.
>>
File: dagoth_ben.jpg (88 KB, 960x856)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>76066800

no u
>>
File: 1604785434246.png (703 KB, 475x637)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
>>76065807
>So, not communism, you mean?
>>
>>76062406
Except it's not. The Greater Good is literally the same thing as the Imperium's goal but with happy propaganda on top of it.
>>
>>76062406
I don’t get it. If neither of these things are real, how am I supposed to choose between them? And why are so many people responding to this fucking stupid question? You must be sockpuppeting,
>>
>>76062406
Tau offer an improvement for the shit tier Imperial worlds, but a downgrade for the wealthy paradise worlds.
>>
>>76067012
Gamers whose political awakening came from frog memes use these threads as an ideological proxy war.

It's absolutely retarded but also the real situation at hand.
>>
>>76066628
It's literally not semantics. It's basic and fundamental definitions that are getting conflated by biased parties with ulterior motives. An apple and a pear tree produce fruits with functionally identical properties, but they aren't the same plant despite what the orange says, and claiming they are is beyond argument.

Changing metaphor; water has multiple states from ice to steam, but they are distinct and separate forms despite always leading from one to another. You can say that, because it's just water, there is no functional difference between one form and another, but the different between sticking your head in a freezer and in a boiling geyser is quite significant. Steam is not ice, beans are not apples, Tau aren't communist.
>>
>>76067055
the Amer*can mind is unable to think with clarity and distinction. Their can only process concepts through poetic conflation and symbolic analogy.

This very frequently leads them to believe that different things are one and the same.
>>
>>76067115
Not an argument.
>>
>>76067012

Communism in American discourse has less to do with communism itself and more about using the word as a whip and a crowbar to discipline people over ideological and party lines.
>>
>>76066029
>40k predates Star Wars by over a decade.

Other way around. Star Wars came out in 1977, 40k in 1987. You're a huge spastic.
>>
>>76067145
Words have meanings. Everyone here knows what a psyker is even though psykers aren't real, just like politically competent people know what a communist system is even though they aren't real. What you're doing is the same as conflating psykers with fortune tellers.
>>
>>76067145
simply an explanation
>>
>>76067153
That's how a lot of Amer*can discourse functions, communism or not
>>
>>76067237
This. Nazi/fascist is the opposing whip.
>>
File: 1585844794607.jpg (25 KB, 476x185)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>76062406
No. Because ultimately all it offers is the death of the universe and an eternity of torment until Age of Emperor™ creates the new one
>>
>>76067272
Bruh, the emperor has been dead a good old time. Only a rotting corpse remains, and the Imperium is too fucking scared to admit it.
>>
>>76067055
>>76067115

True Communism {State Ownership; Central Planning; Vestigial State; "The Common Good"; Voluntary Austerity; Single Party; Automation; Antitraditionalism; Materialism; Classless Society}

These aren't a comprehensive, but a decent representation of Communist theory. You'll note there's both Central Planning *and* Vestigial State, taking into account both the method and desired end result.

Applied Communism {State Ownership, All Powerful State; Indoctrination; Materialism; Obedience to the State; Internationalism; All Powerful Political Class}

Tau'va {The Greater Good; Central Planning; State Ownership; Internationalism; Automation; Obedience to the State; Caste System with All Powerful Political Class}

The Tau'va is very clearly just a type of Communism. They even have the concept of the Common Good.

When you're making a semantic argument, you're just picking at linguistic expression. Use Set Theory instead, and understand that categories are meaningfully defined by their properties.

But, you know, "Hurr durr, 'Mericans dumb".
>>
>>76067318
>Gue'vesa cope
The Greater Good won't protect you from the true powers of the universe
>>
File: sw droid control ship.jpg (2.51 MB, 5052x1736)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>>76062745
>Star wars prequels rip-off
I wish, Droid armies were rad, and propably had more planning onto them compared to Tau's deluge into mecha-anime ripoffery after their initial designs.
>>
>>76067320

I forgot to mention the obviously Materialist bent of the Tau or their dismissal of religious or spiritual doctrines (particularly when it comes to Chaos).
Presumably the good faith reader can take those into account.
>>
>>76067354
In what way am I coping? What part of my sentence is wrong? Please, point it to me and explain why's it wrong. Otherwise, you're just a mindless Imperiboo who does not see further than his nose.
>>
>>76067167
he probably meant the prequels, but yeah he's dumb
>>
>>76067318
Simple comforts are all it takes for you to turn on your own people?
>>
>>76067417
See >>76063382, >>76064839 & >>76064770.
>>
File: 1419845700955.png (11 KB, 476x390)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>Look at all the extra rations and cool technology you get! All you have to do is betray your entire species and help us kill them, and soon all of humanity could be second-class vassals to the Tau! Wouldn't that be dandy?
>>
>>76062534
anon they are space japanese
they surely have big tentacle cocks
>>
>>76067452
It's funny that you people argue how anything besides the Imperium is treason to the human race, yet the Tau treat humans far better and with more dignity than their same humans peers.
>>
>>76067452
Actually it would be pretty dandy, for a short while, until chaos takes over, but to be fair, chaos will take over the Imperium as well.

The Imperium has already betrayed humanity in a myriad ways. It's not even made for baseline humans, it's supposed to be a transition stage until humanity is entirely made of psykers
>>
>>76067452
>implying humanity doesn't 1000% deserve to be betrayed
>>
>>76067397
>Imperialboo
>implying
There's tons of canon showing and telling the Emperor is alive and holding chaos back. It's canon when he dies that the galaxy will be consumed. These are in every MRB. The authors have said Chaos will win.
Pretending that any xenos race, especially one not called Necrons or Tyranids, is any more important or significant than "irrelevant sideshow" is pure concentrated cope.
>>
>>76067500

This veers into religion, but consider that the Emperor is a religious figure that tries to make Humans the masters of the galaxy and fights against Chaos.
The xenos, meanwhile are all competing with humanity. Humans can exist within Tau society only as slaves to the Ethereals.
They are all of them turning away from Humanity as a whole due to the promise of a higher quality of life for themselves individually. This is the very essence of treason.

From a genetic, administrative and spiritual perspective, the Tau are all bad for Humanity.
>>
>>76067500
>the Imperium is treason to the human race
As opposed to selling out the human race for better bread and circuses and having it become a servant race to the Tau?
>>
>>76067320
Yes, but the discussion slided quite quickly into Tau being portrayed as bad, and as all intellectuals like he knows, communism is absolute good - and because Tau are now bad in the context of this discussion, the sacred communism must be distanced from it by any rhetorical means possible. If the discussion had begun in different contexts (say Tau technology or blazboros tier coomer stuff), the poster in question propably wouldn't have any problem with them being referred as blueberry gommies or some other variation of association with the ideology he seems to be quite emotially invested in.
>>
>>76067320
Disregarding whatever obvious issues are present with your categorisation, you're literally conflating the Tau's governance and Communism together because of mistaken terminology when there is functionally no parallel between the two. By the same usage, you can connect Democracy and Dictatorship, or any two other antithetical options, as one and the same by joining an increasingly disconnected string of interim states together and labelling them all "Applied Democracy". Once you meaningfully change the property of a thing, and then meaningfully change its properties again, you cannot connect the start and end result based solely on one joining descriptor between them.
>>
>>76062601
Sweden
>>
>>76062406
The tau already employ mind control for a VERY small scale empire, they would crumble within days if they had to control the entire milky way like the imperium does.
>>
>>76066910
You are retarded, we know chaos can literally inject demon code on anything that is purely electronic and unprotected, the only reason they haven't fucked up the tau yet is because they are irrelevant.
>>
File: manhattan.png (298 KB, 405x377)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>76067631
>End result
Just because you can't fathom life continuing after you are gone doesn't mean it doesn't
>>76067676
>Implying
I think they would evolve into some sort of all-tmorrows tier shangalamadingdong to compensate for that. If their AI doesn't get them first.
>>
The only communist thing about the Tau is that they won't call you a loser for being a janitor and that people at the top don't live in private McMansions.
>>
>>76066426
>The point is that, "communism" and "a complete authoritarian dictatorship ruled by an all powerful noble class" are inherently incompatible states.
lol
>>
>>76067999
>>76067629
And of course, if the distancing fails, you can still shill the sacred ideologue. Fucking americans
>>
Note that the Tau ideology did not create the castes. They were always there.
>>
>>76067999
All Communists are losers.
>>
>>76068108

I wish I was as much of a loser as Xi Jinping, then.
>>
File: droidi läpi.jpg (1.75 MB, 2631x1759)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>76067377
I am reminded of that time when I considered making a count-as separatist army. Didn't follow it through because I couldn't decide weather to base it on Necrons, Eldar/deldar or Tau. And because I eventually stopped playing 40k
>>
>>76067629
That's some sick projection bro.
>>
The Tau Empire and everyone in it will be murderfucked by Chaos just like DAOT humans once the population of AI/warp sensitive races in it reaches critical mass
>>
>>76068173
He's an oligarch of a state capitalist country.
>>
>>76069319

So, a true Marxist-Leninist-Maoist.
>>
>>76069319
>China is state-controlled capitalism
LMAO ROFL unbased so UNBASED don't you know china is commie
>>
File: 1546519134146.jpg (30 KB, 550x543)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>76069319
>state capitalist
>>
>>76067318
Plausibly ture, but the corpse still does light the astronomicon and hold the shattered remains of the human webway closed. Which are the only truly nessecary services the emperor provided anyway.
>>
>>76063453
One: non-canon ending.
Two: they sterilized the former Imperial citizens who continued to fight against them, as opposed to just slaughtering every last human on the planet because one of them might’ve saw a daemon during the fighting, as the Imperium would have done(see; that time the Inquisition tried to purge all of Armageddon for fighting off a chaos invasion and only barely stopped because the Space Wolves kept blocking their bombardments)
>>
>The vast majority of cities in the Imperium are dark, brooding places where the countless subjects of the God-Emperor eke out a meagre living. Vast stinking factories filled with grinding machines cause the bones to shudder, while blackened chimneys vomit forth thick, dark clouds of toxic smoke, blocking out the sun itself.

>From the moment they emerge from the womb servitors and began walking, every Imperial citizen lives in perpetual misery, slaving away at back-breaking and mind-numbing tasks for over twenty solar hours a day under the cruel thorned whips of hooded overseers, before dragging their exhausted, labour-wracked bodies beneath their benches to snatch a few solar hours of fitful sleep. Those who collapse, their bodies spent, are thrown alive into the great feed processors. Many others are lost to suicide or workplace accidents, and it is rare to see a citizen over the age of 35 on most Imperial worlds.

>The spires of the wealthy reach high above the clouds of filth and are filled with such opulence as can scarcely be comprehended by those far below. Indeed, on most worlds, it is normal that the yearly income of one mid level noble family could feed one billion serfs comfortably for over one hundred years. In these sanctuaries of the privileged, nothing is wanted for and the elite live in indifference and even open glee to the suffering in the streets and factories beneath them.

>There are cities given to the administration of Humanity's innumerable population and infinite resources, every inhabitant enslaved to routine and process, every last round of ammunition and grain of wheat accounted for by stone-faced scribes. There, the true worth of human life is established by workers jaded by the never-ending monotony of their assigned chore. For most, the cities of the Imperium are hellish and cruel places, where all hope is lost and only pain and subservience remains.

The Imperium is mankind's punishment for its hubris during the DAoT.
>>
>>76062825
Theoretically, the Imperium could crush the Tau anytime. In practice? No. They already made one serious try and they failed. It will be centuries if not millennia before the impossibly byzantine bureaucracy of the Imperium even organizes another attempt. The Imperium is immense but it's also hilariously impractical and terribly organized.

And as far as Orcs, Tyranids and other galactic threats? The Tau are no worse off against these than any given cluster of Imperial worlds. And let's not forget the strong hints that the rise of the Tau was manipulated by the Eldar; that's a powerful (if capricious) ally in the event the Tau Empire should ever face a sudden existential threat.
>>
>>76067999
The Ethereals will kill people for being in their seat and mind control everyone they command
>>
Why are Tau cities so clean?
>>
>>76066426
>"communism" and "a complete authoritarian dictatorship ruled by an all powerful noble class" are inherently incompatible states
Functionally they are the same thing but Tau are really just another type of Imperialist faction that isn’t the IoM.
>>76066800
Actually the best health care system is to just ditch insurance altogether and go back to the old system.
https://theconversation.com/what-was-healthcare-like-before-the-nhs-99055
>>
>>76072698

That's not a good argument as the NHS has been sabotaged by neoliberal reforms. The scottish NHS works much better than the English one. On the other side of the extreme, you get France that spends enormous resources on their healthcare system and people are happy to pay the taxes for it.
>>
>>76062406
Yeah sure, it might be superior in terms of quality of life, personal freedom and life expectancy. But does it have half naked roided up jungle fighters
>>
>>76062613
the emperor doesn't rule the imperium, the High Lords do.
>>
>>76072744
Now lets be fair here.
The Scottish NHS is in actual fact equally garbage.
They just get more English money than the rest of the NHS.
It's still privatised and has still been dismantled.

>>76072698
Communism has typically had an aristocracy in the form of the party.
>>
>>76072776
The Imperium is best described as a Theocratic Feudal Confederacy.
>>
>>76067885
Explain cogitators then, retarduino.
>>
File: goferit.jpg (165 KB, 800x461)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>76072776
this nigga onto something.
quickly, someone get a quill and parchment
>>
>>76072644

Because they understand their science, don't treat it as a superstition and religion and are not afraid of using robots.
>>
>>76071777
>In practice? No. They already made one serious try and they failed.
The Damocles Crusade was anything but a serious effort on the part of the Imperum, it barely deserves the title of Crusade.
The Imperium could crush the T'au at any time, if they were a genuine threat, which they are not.
>>
>>76073056
The Damocles Gulf Crusade was a minor one but a crusade none the less.
It was ended as the resources required were better spent elsewhere.
I'm thinking the Tau leadership understood this and adapted their strategy on the assumption that they only had to delay their defeat as long as possible. Because sooner or later the Imperium would reallocate the resources to more pressing enemies.
>>
Death is prefferable alternative to communism
>>
>>76062406
Without the golden throne humans are basically fucked
>>
>>76073109
>The Damocles Gulf Crusade was a minor one but a crusade none the less.
Iirc it was stated that it was one of the smallest Crusades ever launched.
Besides that it ended in a stalemate because the Tyranid fleet Behemoth was wrecking shit elsewhere
>>
>>76073161
Exactly.
More important shit was going on and the Tau slipped down the list of priorities.
>>
>>76072744
So? Middlemen like insurance tends to lead to more corruption in the long run and creating more government institutions won’t fix that shit. Better to have less government, taxes, and middlemen if you want your quality of life to actually improve.
https://centerforhealthjournalism.org/fellowships/projects/medicaid-how-did-doctors-treat-poor
>>
File: 1582831001870.png (80 KB, 344x298)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>76062406
>>
>>76073191
UK medical care was at its best when the government was a provider of healthcare and not a procurer.
That was the important shift which the internal market reforms (lobbied for by the USA and US medical companies) brought about.
The NHS was dismantled, privatised and turned into the horrible inefficient mess it is today.
Resources are expended on managing the relationships between all these private healthcare providers to try and retain the old NHS's integrated efficiencies. Generally speaking they fail.

As a consequence coverage outside the cities is in a death spiral.
Hospitals are being rebuilt smaller because of the use of debt on the part of the hospitals to build these new facilities.
Key elements of healthcare are now chronically understaffed due to people not wanting to get involved in them.

In general. Privatisation has been a disaster every time a public service has been privatised.
The UK is an amazing case example because of how much shit got privatised.
>>
File: 1578351914852.jpg (289 KB, 1289x1679)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
Best faction in 40k would be the Farsight Enclaves teaming up with the Xenarite Tech-Priests of Stygies VIII, dynamism of the Tau's R&D coupled with the hard-won experience and broader knowledge of the galaxy and past technological disasters of the AdMech.

Their colour schemes even already match!
>>
File: 1574064876913.png (424 KB, 1000x760)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>76062520
>everybody else can fuck your shit whenever they feel like it?
Basically.
>>
>>76062534
Tentacles are Tzeentch's thing. Slaanesh just gets all the shit fetishes like degloving and wound play.
>>
File: 1602236189862.png (3.18 MB, 1620x1220)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
>>
>>76073539
I like to think that the ethereal leadership have a specific group within their numbers whose job is to be aware of the state of the wider galaxy.
And that suicide is a pretty common response to this awareness.
>>
File: 15046595695645.jpg (1.05 MB, 917x2597)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>76073596
>whose job is to be aware of the state of the wider galaxy
At least in their early fluff, even the Ethereals were hilariously out of touch with the situation in the wider galaxy, even on major things like the current health condition of the human's Emperor.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (163 KB, 670x948)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>76073570
>degloving
absolutely degenerate
>>
File: 1567094924720.jpg (44 KB, 462x584)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>76073629
The scale of the Imperium too. Even if the Emperor was alive and well, if you knew how massive the Imperium is and how big its population is, you wouldn't expect a captain and a diplomat to have direct audiences with the Emperor.

It is a shame they changed things, I liked when Tau were a blend of truly powerful technology and scientific potential coupled with a terrifying amount of naivety that was almost certain to get them killed, like just assuming the Imperium wasn't much bigger than they were. One of the Last Chancers novels has a Tau straight up refusing to believe Kage when he says how many people live in the Hive City he grew up in.
>>
>ultra-nationalist expansionist military empire with a strict racial caste system and a hierarchy so strict that your name changes with your rank and profession
>lol its communism guys
Why are Americans like this?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.26 MB, 4000x4000)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>76073648
PRAISE SLAANESH!
>>
>>76062406
The difference between drinking poison and bleach is insignificant, especially when the bleach empire is so small, you've never seen it
>>
>>76073403
> lobbied for by the USA and US medical companies
Found your real problem. It isn’t privatization, it’s wankers from outside your country taking over your industry for their profit. Really, in my opinion, the only reason government should exist for is to protect its citizenry from external threats to their livelihood.
>>
File: 1602488275756.jpg (151 KB, 1096x557)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>76073762
It isn't Americans, it is autists. 'Space Commies' started as a joke based on the similarities between Tau propaganda and Communist nation's propaganda extolling the unity and shared struggle for a better tomorrow of their societies, plus the similarities between Marxism's ideological expansionist 'World Revolution to liberate the Worker of the world' and the Tau's territorial expansionist 'Galactic Tau'va to bring peace and balance to the species of the galaxy'.

It was all fun and good natured mockery until autists decided 40k was Serious Business, began identifying with these fictional factions and that is where you get dumb fucks trying to categorize a race of blueberrys in real-world terms like "ultra-nationalist expansionist military empire with a strict racial caste system" and from there it is only a short step to debating the virtues and evils of socialised medicine on a Tibetan tapestry forum in threads about plastic space army-men.
>>
>>76067596
Yes.
under the imperium, you are also a servant race, but without bread and circuses
>>
>>76073842
This happened with privatisation that benefited British companies too.
BT got the real short end of the stick. It was privatised but it is still expected to behave like a national utility and take on a lot of cost for expanding network infrastructure but faces the constant threat of that infrastructure being taken off them because they might be a monopoly.
>>
>>76074040
/tg/ never stays on topic and used to be where the finest minds congregated
And shoved marbles up their ass
>>
>>76062613
The corpse is doing his best for humanity.
>>
>>76062406
The Imperium of Man actually has a chance to win the setting, making them automatically superior to the Tau in every way. Never go the road that makes you a guaranteed loser, only soibois are losers.
>>
>>76062406
weak bait
>>
File: 1565034378945.jpg (306 KB, 1324x1493)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>76062406
Yeah, Tau housing is probably nicer, food is better, your work environment is less dangerous and overall your environment is more aesthetic.

But I'd prefer to be on an Imperial world when hideous gribbly things start dropping down from orbit or crawling out of the space between dimensions all over the planet. The Imperium is a shithole but it is a ridiculously fortified, militarized and well defended shithole.

And this is the 40k universe we're talking about. You decide who has their priorities right.
>>
>>76062406
Yeah, say that again when GW finally gets around to doing the Tau's Old Night extiction event.
>>
File: 1579729899120.jpg (111 KB, 700x1085)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>76074795
Tau-of-Iron rebellion.
>>
>>76074795

It won't happen until the Tau have conquered a good chunk of the galaxy, if ever, and the Tau seem to have been purposely designed by some mysterious benefactor to avoid all of humanity's mistakes on purpose.
>>
File: Opinion.jpg (34 KB, 394x407)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>76062406
>>
File: 1584342241825.jpg (287 KB, 710x752)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>76074910
All that stuff about consecration seals and the dangers of constant advancement sounds like the AdMech just being dogmatic and stupid...except daemons HAVE shown the ability to possess machines in the past and constant advancement and unrestrained cogitators in the Legio Cybernetica really have caused serious shit to go down as recently as the Horus Heresy.
>>
No shit, the whole point of the T'au is that they're the good guys in the Galaxy, but they're also doomed to be destroyed by their own AI. They're not meant to be 'grimdark' like the Imperium is grimdark, they're grimdark because all that hope and optimism will ultimately be snuffed out.
>>
>>76075065
I dunno I like the idea of there being constant sinister implications around them but never anything concrete.
In addition to that "they're fucking doomed" angle
>>
>>76074761
Based and Imperium pilled.
>>
Could the Tau withstand the same shitshow nids brought to Baal or will they get squatted if there's no outside intervention happens?
>>
>>76075176
I think the tau could survive a tendril of a hivefleet.
But if a full on hivefleet pops into their hood then they are chow.
Gods could you imagine if those Tau who went through that wormhole were the only ones to survive?
>>
>>76067115
>this is what Europeans actually believe
>spend the 18 and 19th centuries thinking Africans are all the same, refer to all Middle Easterners as Mohemmedans even when they're not Muslims
>Also spend 20th century thinking ALL forms of leftism are "smash everything, then ???" or Slavic/Oriental despotism

How's that glass house?
>>
>>76075176

A section of the Tau empire, called the zone of silence is full of dead worlds devoured by the Tyranid Hive Fleet Gorgon (although it was a relatively smaller than other Hive Fleets) until it was stopped at Ke'lshan with the help of an Imperial fleet that accidentally warped out there unaware that their warp journey had taken one hundred and fifty years and the Damocles Crusade they were dispatched to fight in had already come to an end.
>>
>>76067320
>hurr durr 'Mericans dumb

Indeed, Euros like to fall back onto eye-rolling stereotypes even more than Americlaps, what else is new?
>>
>>76071777
Well they didn't so much fail as nids turned up so fighting the xeno that only wanted to subvert you society had to be postponed over the alien that was about to eat you, it did stop the 2nd sphere expansion. The 3rd sphere expansion was an outright victory for the Tau.

Both campaigns were full of GW bullshit though, like a sniper drone taking out tactical squads or the ad mech knowing how to set a nebula on fire.
>>
File: 1591900735801.jpg (185 KB, 1458x1080)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>76062406
The Imperium had all the new technology, dynamic optimism and well-equipped soldiers 10,000 years ago. They did even better than the Tau have, in the time it has taken the Tau to slightly expand their empire in the Eastern Fringe, about 200 years, the Imperium conquered the entire galaxy, subjugated every other culture and exterminated every alien species that could threaten them. But then everything went to shit.

Tau just haven't got to the 'everything went to shit' stage yet.
>>
>>76076360
Plastic solar auxilia please.
Also. Horus Heresy novels ruined that idea of the imperium being great 10k years ago
>>
>>76075307
>tau now getting save by their actual fucking enemies
Jesus christ, why must they be so helpless? Are you really telling they have absolutely no advantage of any kind?
>>
>>76062406
the tau are essentially space stalinists, they fuck everyone over who disagrees with them and repeatedly brutalize their own citizens for "the greater good". The whole point of 40k is despite the surface level aesthetic differences really everyone is the same
>>
>>76076371
30k may as well be a paradise compared to the chaos rift, tyranids, and the 13th black crusade.
>>
>>76075005
If that wer etrue chaos would posses all the necrons. the only reason chaos can posses imperial tech is because it is made with human brains/bodies/parts, therefore they are corruptible
>>
>>76076435

Nah, this is lore from 5th edition and it happened a century ago, even before the Third Sphere of Expansion began, and the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
File: 1596739119988.gif (1.99 MB, 592x333)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>76076491
Uhm what? The Castigator titan was controlled by an AI and was posessed.
Necrons aren't really AI because they're zombies. Also most of their tech just straight nullifies the warp.
>>
>>76076491
Daemons are perfectly capable of possessing inanimate objects, such as swords for example. I don't see any reason they couldn't do the same to a robot. No human bits required.

Necrons were created/converted themselves specifically to deal with a race that used warp-fuckery and they have a ton of anti-warp technology so that is what keeps them safe. Neither Tau or Humans have comparable stuff.
>>
File: Ethereal1.jpg (36 KB, 374x480)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
4th Sphere representing
>>
>nooo I have to serve the emperino and toil endlessly on hellworlds i can't betray humanity :'((

you're a cuck if you wouldn't turn Gue'vesa if given the opportunity as a low-rank 40k human
>>
>>76076793
In Requiem Infernal Peter Fehevari actually writes that AI and machines are more susceptible to chaos because without a significant soul they don't have the instinctual soul-level revulsion to chaos corruption.
>>
File: 1420421183660.jpg (34 KB, 490x333)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>76076953
>You're a cuck if you don't collaborate against your species for extra social credits and make them all subservient to another one
>>
>>76076858
Nicely done. I dig the grittier paintjob, I'm so sick of squeaky-clean Tau models.
>>
>>76077037
Yes.
>>
>>76062406
Fuck off bluenigger
>>
File: chrome_6akNQvnHYp.png (291 KB, 337x307)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>76077078
Nope.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.