[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 76 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Towers Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame]http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
[TES 5E Conversion]https://uestrpg.wixsite.com/home
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[Tabletop Sim Steam Group]
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/scrollhammertgesg
[TES: Call to Arms]https://www.modiphius.com/elder-scrolls.html

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library]http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore]http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore]http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast]http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff]http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>Art MEGA
https://mega.nz/folder/UfpCCSIR#HJ_wSCMYtUBqez0mFjVo6w

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus or husbandos.

Previous Kalpa: >>75914407
>>
>>76046751
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SE3txfpJhsXB2pjj6ShJGpaUeVC6jwUXK4kgkPeaFsU/edit#gid=0
>>
>>76046751
Were there many/any dragons still alive, before Skyrim? Some npcs say that they were "coming back for the first time in forever" or "there weren't any dragons [during Tiber Septim's time]"
>>
File: Nafaalilargus.png (255 KB, 360x450)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>76047800
>there weren't any dragons [during Tiber Septim's time]
That's provably false since there's a living Dragon in Redguard and that game is set exactly during Tiber Septim's time
>Some npcs say that they were "coming back for the first time in forever"
Depends on their definition of forever I guess. There were at least two living dragons in the third era, though one died during the invasion of the Battlespire, and they might well have been the last two, so it's entirely possible that Dragons had been extinct for centuries at the time of the events of Skyrim. However it's also possible that some still existed, but well hidden and few enough in numbers that they were universally believed extinct.
>>
File: 1422555118411.jpg (154 KB, 800x560)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>76048108
>That's provably false since there's a living Dragon in Redguard and that game is set exactly during Tiber Septim's time
And the fucking dragon was engaged in service to Tiber Septim specifically.
>>
File: 1374376117528.jpg (211 KB, 1191x670)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Also aren't there supposed to be a whole bunch of dragons in Akavir?
Less of them due to the Tsaesci, but still.
>>
>>76048482
The Akaviri even brought along ''river dragons'' as mounts.
They looked like a weird mix of horse and drake with frills, shoots lightning bolts and has fog gathered around their limbs.
>>
I wonder
did dark elves have normal voices before being cursed?
also, what kind of voices do you imagine Ayleids to have?
>>
>>76049733
Dark Elves don't have abnormal voices, they're just extremely snooty. And have a fake British accent in ESO times for reasons.

I imagine the Ayleids have the intonation and speech patterns of European old money.
>>
>>76050027
morrowind heavy smoker voices tho
>>
>>76049733
>did dark elves have normal voices before being cursed?
The chimer were nothing more than changed altmer. So, I'd say that they started to sound like they do due to the environment and language development.
Also, there's Almalexia.
>>
>>76050043
The result of a temporary waterpipe craze among Dunmer men.
>>
>>76048889
So, a fancifully described wamasu?
>>
>>76047800
I could’ve sworn the PGE said Tiber Septim protected the dragons that swore fealty to him but the Blades were too autistic and killed most of them anyway.
>>
>>76051584
That may be (I myself haven't read PGE, so I don't know). Those quotes came from Skyrim, after you kill the first dragon.
>>
>>76049733
Well, they went from being Aldmer living in the Isles, to Chimer, to Dunmer living in a post-Red Mountain Resdayn. You might say it was part of the curse or a result of living in such a harsh environment; I'd say more of the latter.
>>
>>76049733
If you lived in Vvardenfell with all that ash, you’d sound like you smoke a pack a day too. Then Azura memed on them so hard they became Australian in Skyrim.
>>
>>76052861
Fucking kek
>>
>>76046769
just link it in the OP
>>
>>76046769
>>76054260
also, help with the obscure shit, bros
>>
>>
Iceberg got me thinking, would people be interested in a collaborative writing project? Something like a PGE? Would almost assuredly fall apart faster than the ebonheart pact, but could be fun.
>>
>>76060358
>collaborative
More of a contest would work, every anon giving their take, and the best posts go together. The more take part, the more likely the goal of the setting, the UR, is achieved.
I'm in favor.
>>
Theory: the elder scrolls (objects) were written by ehlnofey before the concrete stabilization of the world. They're literally/literary written pieces of creative work, not metaphors given shape.
>>
>>76060384
Not a bad idea really. I suppose I considered collaboration first since it means people could bounce ideas off each other. The contest could work better since a PGE style thing is all separate entries. The only issue is making it all consistent in tone and composition. But I suppose you could handwave that as "multiple contributors" and so on.
How could one go about organizing such a thing?
>>
File: map1e-s.jpg (1.93 MB, 2000x2138)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>76060358
>>76060384
Sounds good, whichever one we go with

>>76060572
You know, it doesn't necessarily have to be either/or. A collaborative work where different people do entries on different areas/topics would work great, but there's always the option of different people doing entries on the same areas precisely so we can see the different styles and interpretations.
>>
>>76049733
Ayelids are cockney English, because they are just anglos. An evil disgusting race that gets off on torituing ithers.
>>
>>76060589
True, can have the option to do solo or collaborative. And even if you do solo, isn't unreasonable to assume some people may share for proof-reading and such.
>>
>>76060605
hey, the Ayleids aren't disgusting
they invented alteration also figured out star magic as well
not to mention their architecture
>>
>>76051584
>>76051627
I don't think that'd be PGE, since Blades being dragon hunters is Skyrim lore.
>>
>>76060826
UR: unreliable narrator.
Different, sometimes coinciding, sometimes countering takes.
>>
>>76051496
Wamasu are more like amphibians.
These were more like Quilins.
>>
>>76061067
Oh yea, because that’s how abbreviations work
>>
>>76061067
Dagoth Unreliable Narrator
>>
>>76061067
The unreliable narrator has been so completely run into the ground years ago, it can be safely ignored.
>>
>>76061951
Let's get it back.
>>
Hot take: the Thalmor don't want to return Nirn to primordial soup. The PC, being the prisoner, does.
Everytime a PC, "you", come around, a Tower with a capital T gets its Stone with a capital S removed.
Red Mountain - Heart of Lorkhan
White-Gold - Chim-el Ada-bal
Snow-Throat - Magnus
>>
File: 1580668186360.png (58 KB, 300x250)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>76060358
>>76060384
Sounds like a good idea. An ambitious one, but it could be done.
>>
>>76062749
I love Pepe. He's like a happy Sithis.
>>
>>76062310
The tower theory has been debunked many times over now. Stop.
>>
File: 1601198918157.jpg (562 KB, 635x1200)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
Continuing on the topic of Dunmer, I wonder how much influence the Cantemiric Velothi had on the culture of the southern Chimer - later Dunmer, and the Great House Dres. Or rather, how much overlap there was between them that remained into the future.
>>
>>76065541
I know.
>>
>>76062749
I have a distinct feeling it would go the way of PGE2, but nothing great is ever accomplished without a little risk. It's doable, so may as well give it a shot.
>>
>>76046751
TES is trash
>>
File: Redoran Mystic.jpg (898 KB, 1209x1795)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
Well, if we're moving forward with this collaborative project, how are we approaching it? Any ideas about a possible topic?
>>
>>76067288
Probably something that doesn't need to be written through by one person. Something like a "scientific journal" maybe? A PGE4 is the easy route but could be fun. A short, in-universe anthology maybe?
>>
>>76067288
Well, we already have a base from which to loosely guide us on its structure; the PGE.It's a start with we go with that route.
Or perhaps a book with chronicles of events and descriptions of such.
>>
What are the rules of a PGE ?
>>
>>76067905
Not really much. Go over all the provinces, as well as a section for the wild shit like Thras or Pyandonea. A mix of culture and history is discussed. Possibly some propaganda or exaggerations, but in a way that makes it unclear if they are or not.
>>
>>76067326
>>76067638
So we agree on some sort of anthology, then. PGE4 (or 5, to make things even more interesting) could work, or maybe something different, like a Gwylim University publication. Historical articles, maybe something dealing with obscure magical traditions (think hedge wizards or druids of High Rock)? Articles chronicling isolated cults?
>>
File: 1456725972499.png (517 KB, 1581x1791)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
I could totally contribute with some Khajiiti or Breton content, once my exams are over. Also things inspired by pre-PGE lore, if that would be interesting.
>>
>>76068641
I kind of want to do a PGE4, but I worry that it gets a bit repetitive. PGE has some of my favorite lore, and it's a great format to cover all of Tamriel, but should we try something different? You could get some cool stuff if it was penned by someone that wasn't Imperial/IGS, but who really else has a vested interest in the cultures and histories of each and every province, plus the obscure whack shit?
Cults and magic would be fun to explore, I would expect that to be under the realm of cultural analysis of each province/region. Could do something like PGE2 and devote a section to Oblivion and all those shenanigans.
>>
>>76068641
>>76068784
>Gwylim University
The Scenarist Guild is another option, or if you want a more alien perspective you could go for something like scholars associated with the Temple of Two-Moons Dance.
>>
>>76068912
Or maybe a analysis, with a somewhat observant-only perspective, from the Psijic Order.
>>
When, in the timeline, would the guide/book be set?
I would, in preference, say it could be published after(or slightly before) Skyrim, in 4E 200-202.
>>
>>76069128
I recommend some time before 4E 115, as that is the year that Elswyer breaks from the Empire. Before that, you have all but three provinces still (Black Marsh, Valenwood, Alinor having seceded). The breakaway provinces should still get entries but painted under the light of them being independent.
>>
I think the Imperial Geographical Society should still be the primary author.

>>76069194
>The breakaway provinces should still get entries but painted under the light of them being independent.
I agree, but such entries show be described on a bad light.
>>
>>76069366
Yeah, politically there would be a negative slant. Bold claims that they are traitor states and the rightful rule will be restored soon (TM). The focus, however, should remain cultural and not too much politics. Maybe some snide jabs at culture too.
>>
File: Colovia PE v3.png (4.68 MB, 3000x4000)
4.68 MB
4.68 MB PNG
>>76067288
I don't think it needs to necessarily needs to be a pocket guide to the Empire. I see no reason why we can't focus in on individual provinces and do a pocket guide to: Province

Cause really we've been operating with surface level knowledge of each province for a long time. If any new lore were to be written, I think it's best focused on regional things and more on the mundane. I think Kvatchanon has the right idea with his maps. Break things down into smaller regions and expand upon that. Then right about whatever you want. History, cuisine, religious customs, marriage, sainthood, guilds, nobility and lineage, clans, etc. Then we can do that for each individual region. So image Pocket guide to Cyrodiil: Colovia just as a random example.

I like esoteric metaphysics as much as the next guy but the iceburg in every thread never helps us actually build anything with the TES world. Just my two cents.
>>
>>76069623
>Pocket Guide to Trans-Niben
>>
People offen reference the 1st and 3rd editions of PGE, due to the lore that establishes and the descriptions it gives of Tamriel. So, how is ESO's 'The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel' in comparison?
>>
>>76069623
Personally I would avoid going too into the specific regions. A dedicated guide to each province could be fun, but Pocket Guide to That One Street In Kvatch just spirals down the rabbit hole of making things more difficult to do. A guide to each province maybe.
>>
File: 1594607964946.jpg (2.95 MB, 5000x4000)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>76069623
Truth be told, I thought about concentrating the effort in a single province, but at the same time it might make things too restrictive for some. It certainly narrows things down and we can always go to other provinces when we continue with another round, though. Certainly prevents the situation where one person comes up with an article on the burial rites of the giants and another writes about the smuggling operations in Topal Bay.

Oh my, I didn't know there were more of these maps. Do you have a source, or maybe at least more of these great maps?

>>76069962
It's a mixed bag. Personally, I think the chapter on High Rock, for example, is done pretty well, with a lot of different sections on the regions (even if ESO's regionalisation of High Rock is terribly poor), historical mentions etc., but then you have others (like Elsweyr) that stray too much into random storytelling. And then there's Cyrodiil which gets a really short chapter.
>>
>>76070285
Wasn't like half of the Elsweyr chapter dedicated to the author getting a Khajiit waifu?
>>
>>76070653
Hello? Imperial Based Society?
>>
File: truth.png (150 KB, 960x869)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
PGE4
Something like:
>Heartland Niben
>Based Colovia
>that one Hammerfell bit noone knows about
>honestly there's barely anything on hammerfell apart from crown/forebear stuff
>up their ass Direnni/breton High Rock
>inbred Reach droods High Rock
>Skyrim or something idk civilwar tore down the province
>the crater
>swamps
>Pelletine
>Anequina
>many woodelven Grahtmora villages
>imgawood
>nazi germany
>places to visit: stirk
>places to visit: whatever
pick and choose whatever you want
>>
>>76071246
or just do regional pocket guides, one for High Rock with HRIsCool document stuff would be dope
>>
>>76071340
Think I might do just that if nobody comes up with any other plans by tomorrow morning
>>
>>76073099
You should check out Project Tamriel's High Rock stuff, I love what they've done with the pantheon.
http://wiki.project-tamriel.com/High_Rock:Main_Page
>>
File: 1594598559589.jpg (1.36 MB, 2500x2000)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>76073177
Oh I've been following that part of the project for a while. Magical stuff, although I hope they develop Breton cultures beyond the three they've divided along the cliche class trio that they seem to be going with for now.
>>
>>76071340
>HRIsCool
I bet you're a breton fanboy.
>>
File: TES Map, 4E 115.png (2.09 MB, 8184x6568)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>
Which is the best race, and why is it the Dunmer?
>>
>>76074640
The dunmer are slightly better that the orcimer, and they are shit. The best race is actually the Bretons.
>>
>>76074640
It's Dunmer, you S'wit.
>>
So, are we decided on an anthology consisting of mini-PGEs devoted to specific provinces?
>>
>>76075227
What, making mini-guides for each province at time?
>>
>>76074640
*Dwemer
>>
>>76062310

Well, duh. They just want elves to rule Tamriel again. (And by elves, I mean Altmer, of course.)
>>
What's the best era/year to set a TES campaign? Why?
>>
>>76060358
new idea: drafts - instead of making a finished edition we "release" pre- and post-edited entries. you know, to show censorship by the Imperial gov't.
>>
>>76078119
Obligatory "it depends" post.
>>
>>76075295
That seems to be what people are suggesting, or perhaps mixing that with the competition idea. The best entry for each province gets added to the anthology.
>>76078337
Interesting, but outside of excising certain sections how would you really make the entries all that different? Seems more likely that the Empire just wouldn't allow a non-propagandized draft to be developed in the first place.
>>
>>76078409
one, the official release is released to low nobility and maybe the masses, the top secret one is for the elder council only, like the 2nd with a mention of Khajiit going to the moon.
>>
>>76078826
Not a bad idea, I desperately crave more moon lore though.
>>
>>76065541
>DEBOOOOOONKED
>>
>>76073294
That cuman mask art is stolen and copy and pasted onto that image
>>
>>76047800
The first dragon you fight in Skyrim was never dead. He was hiding out until Alduin showed up. The Blades journal mentions that they were unable to track that one down.
>>
>>76079054
deboonked?
>>
>>76050043
Vvardenfell accent due to ash
>>
>>76079144
I think the Dunmer, all races, really, should have distinctive proniunciation of their native words. For example, Hlaalu would be pronounced with a long ah and a voiceless hl like in Tibetan, while Argonians have ejectives which give it a clicky sound.
>>
File: Antiq_DwemerGoldBody.jpg (496 KB, 887x789)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Did the Dwemer have a concept of afterlife? If not, where did their souls "go" when they died?
>>
>>76079347
Dreamsleeve.
>>
Hot take: afterlive myths are varying takes on the Dreamsleeve.
Mk may say Sovn-garde is on the/a moon but I disagree.
>>
>>76073294
Do you think they might be making Bretons too alien? I kind of liked the dichotomy where men were more familiar ane elves were more unfamiliar. I get that Bretons have elvish influence, but I don't know. Thoughts?
>>
>>76079404
No, not at all. I don't see how and compared to what they would be getting unfamiliar. In any case, the less they look like a copy of a real world culture, the better.
>>
>>76073294
If you want armor for Bretons at least go with a French steel plate with Irish influences
>>
Why are dwemer "cities" full of traps?
>>
>>76079729
Because dwemer were assholes
>>
>>76079695
>Irish in full plate armor
Is this accurate
>>
>>76080318
I’m pretty sure some had full plate though most probably looked like pic related
>>
>>76046751
I just read Dance in the Fire for the first time. I've collected its various bits and pieces throughout all 3 games but never had the entire book in any one game, so I said fuck it and read it on UESP.

Very kino. Very fascinating how Scotti analyzes the spirit of Valenwood as denial.
>>
I've just finished Greymoor in ESO. It was shit but anyway, where are the Volkihar during this time? Do they exist?
>>
>>76081409
should I get into ESO?
>>
>>76081578
It's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. I mainly play for the story and lore, so the gameplay doesn't bother me too much. Some of the stories such as Clockwork City have the finest TES lore in years.
>>
File: screenshot_0.2.0_0.png (11 KB, 642x425)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>76080511
I'll have to read it then.
Personally, I hate how the in-game book interface in every TES game after Daggerfall is absolutely ass. So much effort goes into writing decent-to-good material and it's presented impossibly unappealingly. Bring back the scroll, I say. It's the only readable format in a video game.
>>
https://medium.com/@indigogaming/how-i-almost-made-the-game-of-my-dreams-da8b327e50f3
Damn, I had my hopes up for this one too.
>“D” was briefly involved in the development of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind to some extent years ago, but had left that project due to them changing direction from the previous game Daggerfall.
Douglas Goodall?
>>
https://pastebin.com/1Rzn8vtL

I did a thing. Went with a Pocket Guide entry on Morrowind rather than High Rock as I thought I would, though. Note some discrepancies with the canon; I went with a spin on the post-Morrowind plot, where the crisis in the Imperial Province relates to the doppelganger rumours, and is followed by a new Interregnum period where the Empire is still reunited by the Medes (descendants of a particular northern Colovian warlord who got backstabbed by an upstart so expect a particular tone when it comes to the relationship between Nerevar and the Tribunal). Also, no Argonians marching upon Mournhold.
>>
>>76074640
100% objectively, it's the Altmer, and you know it
>>
File: 1594926813254.jpg (1.12 MB, 1125x1127)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>76082140
>Also, no Argonians marching upon Mournhold.
Rewriting history, are we?
>>
>>76078396
On what?
>>
>>76082829
On what you want do do in your campaign. For example some time periods are better for adventuring and murderhoboing, others for politics, others for exploration.
>>
>>76079347
The whole point for them was to escape the recycling mechanism of the Dreamsleve and Arkays clutches by using the heart of the true god of death to make a mechanical god that will serve them.
>>
>>76082872
Say adventuring and some exploration.
>>
>>76082885
Then I imagine a more peaceful period would be better like early third after the unification of Tamriel or a late third era in the decades before the first TES game.
>>
>>76079347
>>76075227
>>76075295
>>76075827
>>76079108
>>76082829
Bumpfag now likes TES huh
I really liked /tgesg/ but sadly it's time to go back to UESP
>>
File: nice one, faggot.png (4 KB, 437x189)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>76083426
I just want to run a TES game.
>>
>>76079729

>Dwemer 'traps'
>>
Does anyone have that MK page with male and female bosmer on it?
>>
>>76081704
The book mechanic in Morrowind is whack but I like it in Skyrim. The scroll wheel lets you turn pages.
>>
>>76083729
you mean this pic?
>>
>>76083857
that's the one, thanks anon.
>>
>>76079729
Because dwemer were gay.
>>
>>76082393
Before Skyrim I would've agreed. Eugenics is cool.
>>
>>76083426
Who?
>>
>>76083729
>>76083857
Hot take. Y'ffre/Jephre plagiarized the mer template similar to Hist "taking inspiration" from the humanoids for their Argonians.
>>
>>76082140
I loke it.
I would say the invasion of lizard men happened, but not to such an extent as both sides claimed.
>>76082484
I like to think that there were exaggerations on both sides, one to garner sympathy, another to flex. True numbers would be much lower than claimed. Especially Dunmer would make numerology based on 6 and a huge number.
>>
>>76084339
like*
>>
>>76084211
Some guy that plagues world-building threads and constantly bumps them from page 10, even though they are dead and their topic is exhausted.
>>
As a reminder - Trainwiz is just an annoying fanboy and Kirkbride hasn't been relevant/canon in more than a decade.
>>
>>76084477
Double dubs.
>>
>>76081715
what's it about?
>>
File: altmeri.png (959 KB, 1199x842)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
Reminder that the Aldmeri Dominion, despite being an authoritarian government, is not a dictatorship, monarchy or empire: it has no dictator, king nor emperor.
If it had, we would certainly hear a lot about the Elven ruler and this is who Nordic Talos worshippers would consider their number one enemy and make propaganda about, but they don't. Any mention of an Elven dictator is absent in the 4th era.

Perhaps Aldmeri society is advanced enough that they don't need an autocratic ruler like the human empires prefer- maybe they leave the governing to an elite magocracy, governed by a high council or senate of the greatest mages, the most faithful priests of Auri-el and the most intelligent scholars. Something of an Enlightened Republic.
>>
File: Magnus, the Architect.jpg (2.34 MB, 2057x2800)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>76085639
>Reminder that the Aldmeri Dominion, despite being an authoritarian government, is not a dictatorship, monarchy or empire: it has no dictator, king nor emperor.
Except that's wrong, and you could make a convincing argument that the Aldmeri Dominion of the Fourth Era is in fact all three to some extent. The Aldmeri Dominion is an imperialist government ruled at the top by a party dictatorship, and and the regional level by monarchs.

The Aldmeri Dominion is the imperial hegemon of south-west Tamriel, formally a union of Alinor and Valenwood, with the kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine serving as client states. Though they might not call themselves an empire, they are very clearly an imperial power.
Monarchy is an established institution in areas of the Aldmeri Dominion, and we've seen no indication that this institution has been removed, though these regional monarchs are likely under control by the Thalmor party. Anequina and Pelletine are both monarchies, and it's uncertain exactly how government works in Valenwood under the AD, but it's not unlikely to think that there's some figurehead Camoran monarch. Alinor itself has a long tradition of regional monarchies, and there's no indication that this has disappeared under the Thalmor. If the Bosmeri and Altmeri traditional monarchs are gone, then they've most likely been replaced by a party dictatorship also on the regional level.

The Altmer have simply ended up being ruled by a party elite, rather than a single person. It's just a directorial system held in the clutches of a single political faction, and there are no signs it has any republican characteristics. You could also take the Thalmor persecution of political dissidents, even if they're mages and scholars, to mean that such abilities are less important that party loyalty. The story of Rynandor the Bold, if it's true, suggests this.

Tamriel has weak republican traditions, but if you want something like that, look to the history of Hammerfell.
>>
>>76070285

>but then you have others (like Elsweyr) that stray too much into random storytelling.

Kek, those are the chapters I loved the most. The dude teaming up with a khajiit girl who's also in love with him, or his shenanigans with Telenger in Summerset are pretty entertaining to read.
>>
>>76082140
Damn, nice! Good start to this potential project. If we keep to the "contest" idea, we may walk out of this with some incredible stuff.
Makes me wonder, how should we organize this? Should we even properly organize it at all? Feel like that may help, but it'll also be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>76086557

>The story of Rynandor the Bold, if it's true, suggests this.

Pretty sure it's true. Runil from Falkreath doesn't want to attract their attention either, and I assume he doesn't want to for a reason, i. e. torture and execution.
>>
>>76085639
>>76086557
So far attempts to imply a connection to a historical reich in [current year + X] failed or backfired. For all we know their disposal of monarchy and extension of administration and secret police in the 4th era is most like communist takeover, widely regarded as the opposite extreme of the spectrum.
The longer a franchise is in the hands of people who don't believe in history the more they degrade.
>>
File: skyblivion gold coast 1.png (3.95 MB, 1920x1080)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>76086650
I don't see it fitting in what is basically trying to be the equivalent of the PGE. Nothing wrong with this sort of storytelling but it took away all the meat from the chapters.

>>76087218
We could put them all together in a collection with the use of Pastebin, Google Docs or Mega. Of course, we need chapters to put together first, so I hope everyone's decided on one to write.
>>
>>76087614
Authoritarian governments tend to have a lot in common. The motives may be different, but the end result usually looks more and more the same as they become increasingly authoritarian.

However, aside from all the pseudo-canon speculation, all we know for sure about the Thalmor is that many of their rank and file members are racist dicks, and they don't like Talos. Anything further can be easily retconned if the Thalmor get more development in the next game.
>>
File: Bloodlines of Daggerfall.png (5.52 MB, 1920x1400)
5.52 MB
5.52 MB PNG
>>76087404
Legate Fasendil's comments about the Night of Green Fire also point in the same direction.
>>
File: stomp.png (159 KB, 600x318)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>76084186
skyrim made them better
>>
>>76087652
Maybe like a google form or something to fill out? Or like do something like the Iceberg: make an excel sheet with categories for each entry. People can comment with a link to a google doc. After they complete their entry, it gets marked as ready to be read and reviewed. Once we have enough entries, we can do a vote of some kind and see which comes out on top.
I would almost suggest a discord for coordination, but those things seldom go well. Maybe it's better to remain anonymous and whatnot.
>>
File: 900px-SR-npc-Runil.jpg (265 KB, 900x900)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>76085639
>>76086557
>>76087404
>Game data indicates an unused quest for Runil called Runil's Dark Past, where Runil's friends would have asked you to talk to Runil. You would have informed him, "Some of your friends feel you're troubled.", and he would have replied, "Burying the past is much harder than burying remains. I'm... I'm afraid of what you will think of me if I tell you about the things I've done." Should you tell him, he will go on, "Although I have not practiced in a long time I was once a wizard. Even when I was young my magic was undeniably powerful. It was that power that brought me to the attention of the Thalmor. In the Summerset Isles it is a great honor to be chosen to serve the Thalmor." Runil will also explain who the Thalmor are: "They are the governing council of the Aldmeri Dominion. They lead us to attack the Empire and forced the Empire to agree to stop worshiping Talos. It was during the war with the Empire that I was at the height of my power. As a Thalmor battlemage I laid waste the enemy. Men, women, children, no one was spared my wrath. I destroyed whole villages." He will confirm that he is afraid his friends will find out. "I dream about those days still. Except I'm not me. I can see myself there and I try to stop what I know is going to happen but... Many of the Empire's troops were Nords at that point. Some of them could even have been from around here." After this conversation, you could have told Runil that his secret is safe with you, and he would have been grateful: "Thank you. May Arkay bless you. I won't forget this." Alternatively, you could have told either Indara, Mathies, or Kust that Runil was one of the Thalmor during the war, and they would have replied, "I knew he was troubled, but one of the Thalmor? I wish I could say I did not believe it. Thank you for telling me."
Goddamnit Todd Howard
>>
File: DF_view_by_direnni_tower.png (969 KB, 1920x1080)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
Soul.
>>
>>76084228
I wouldn't say that was a hot take, personally.
>>
File: Bosmer Ranger screenshot.png (1.31 MB, 1024x1024)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>76046751
>Character turned down for a TES refluffed D&D5E game
I'm currently a no game right now. I've played this character in a game before and I even ran a Valenwood campaign inspired by my character and with him as the antagonist.
Would you let my character into a TES game you're running, Anon?
>Bosmer Beast Master Ranger with hawk companion
>Green Pact fundamentalist-- will not eat or even use plant material if he can help it.
>Looks down on others for doing so, but won't say anything about it unless they're in Valenwood
>Heretic-- believes Y'ffre is Hircine because Bosmer are forced to be carnivores and hunters.
>Adventurer because he was exiled for his beliefs
>Traditionalist-- will practice Bosmer cultural norms like the Meat Mandate and Mourning Wars if the DM would let me
>IDEAL-- believes even prey is worthy of respect and dignity
>BOND-- his pack/adventuring party
>FLAW-- Deadra worshiper, fanatic

Are Bosmer just poison for normals? They are kinda gross. I've been playing Wood Elves since TES3 and it feels weird to be anything else.
>>
File: Jaciel Morgen.gif (354 KB, 617x861)
354 KB
354 KB GIF
>>
>>76051584
>>76047800
"The last known sighting of a dragon in Tamriel was in the time of Tiber Septim. He made a pact with the few remaining dragons, swearing to protect them if they would serve him. Despite his promise, dragons were still hunted and slain. It's not clear if the last ones fled Tamriel or if they were exterminated." - There be dragons

"Dragons are said to be gone from the world. Yet I found one. Sheltered in the smoking ruins of Vvardenfell, I came upon it. My magic proved to be sufficient to defeat the beast. If that gives you cause to wonder, I will not deny that I was once a pyromancer of great skill." -Twin Secrets

Plus the Elseweyr chapter of ESO deals heavily with dragons and Khajiit interactions with them.
>>
>>76046769
I've commented on a couple of these but idk if/when the doc admins update it based on suggestions or sources
>>
>>76089446
This guy confuses me. Why does he call Arkay "Xarxes" if he's an Altmer?
>>
>>76092559
The dragons in ESO were accidently released from some magic dungeon though, it seems they were pretty rare even centuries before Tiber Septim.
>>
>>76095952
I meant
>Xarxes "Arkay"
>>
>>76096000
Were probably hiding from the Akavir invaders
>>
>>76095952
Did you mean why doesn't he?

If he said Xarxes that would be pretty typical for an Altmer. If he said Arkay it could mean that he sees Arkay as the local name of Xarxes, or it could mean that he follows one of the non-Altmeri interpretations of the Divines.
>>
>>76088433
The biggest joke is that the history of Nirn vindicates their attitude. I'm not saying they're right but you can't call them unprecedented.
>>
>>76090696
Normies are fickle.
>>
>>76090696
People expect cuddly hippy elves, so you get weird looks when you are some bug-goblin-looking freak with horns that chows down on human corpses like a fat kid at the golden corral.
>>
>>76097977
I dunno. Night elves in Warcraft RPGs are "tree huggers" but the last race you would call hippies or cuddly.
>>
>>76095952
Assimilated Altmer in hiding, who wants to live his last days peacefully among his former enemies as some kind of redemption. There are others, assimilated like him - shopkeepers in Windhelm and Solitude or imperial legate in Falkreath.
>>
>>76084477
>Trainwiz is just an annoying fanboy
Doesn't he work for Todd now.
>>
>>76098225
And the lead ESO writer is a massive kirkbride fanboy. You can’t expect waifufags to be smart.
>>
>>76095952
Because he's Falkreath's priest of Arkay, following Xarxes wouldn't give him many followers in southern Skyrim.
>>
Why does the numidium have to be attached a heart that's related to lorkhan/is lorkhan and why the fuck does it fuck with time, isn't that akatosh's domain?
>>
why do nords worship a breton as a god
>>
>>76099788
It needs Lorkhan's heart because it was built to function with it, the mantella is like a knock-off version of that.
It doesn't directly fuck with time, it fucks with reality alltogether, which makes Akatosh go crazy.
Lorkhan and Akatosh are always related anyway, they are basically a part of each other
>>
>>76100172
Talos is also a Nord and an Imperial at the same time.
>>
>>76098356
I just can’t understand the duality of playing the one game that sucks off the two people you keep bitching about the most.
>>
>>76099788
Space-time continuum?
>>
>>76100172
They believe he's a Nord and Imperials believe he's an Imperial.
>>
>>76100684
so what is he really?
>>
>>76100820
An oversoul of Tiber Septim, Zurin Arctus and Ysmir Wulfhart
>>
>>76100820
The historical person is subjected to controverse scrutiny while the divine is regarded as the soul of the Empire. I wouldn't be surprised if every man race had their own version of him.
>>
>>76100844
I wouldn't be surprised if the common people had no knowledge about this much less knew about how apotheosis was achieved.
>>
>>76100901
The common people have in fact no real knowledge of this. So everyone praises a different aspect of the same being. The Nords praise Talos the Nord, for example.
>>
File: enantiomorph_yes.png (117 KB, 500x825)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>76100820
Three guys and a bionicle.
>>
>>76100918
Talos the Nord was Tiber Septim's military general though, right?
And Talos the Imperial was Tiber Septim's battlemage
and Talos the Breton was Tiber Septim himself?

All 3 men are Talos but only Hjalti is Tiber, right?
>>
File: many heads.png (70 KB, 800x600)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>76101216
Tiber Septim = Hjalti + Zurin
General Talos = Hjalti + Wulfharth
Underking = Zurin + Wulfharth
>>
>>76101274
>Tiber Septim = Hjalti + Zurin
How does this work? I can get a God being the ascended form of 3 mortals, because Gods are in the realm of spirit and metaphysics and aether so they're not constricted to one form.
But how can a mortal be the combination of two men?
Barenziah had an affair with Tiber Septim- does that mean she had sex with both Hjalti and Zurin? And is the Septim dynasty descended from Hjalti or from Zurin?
>>
>>76101326
>But how can a mortal be the combination of two men?
the whole ordeal with Talos' differnet aspects is basically a case of people giving credit for certain actions to specific aspects. In some cases, these overlap, and due to how the universe works in TeS, multiple conflicting answers can be correct at the same time. You also have to remember that most ascensions to godhood retroactively change what truly happened. In Vivec's case, that simply means that he was always born a god. In Talos' case, things are more complicated, since he's basically 3 people.
>>
>>76100931
>the red wing
>>
File: Daedric Alphabet.jpg (49 KB, 700x560)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>76101490
Nah
>>
File: 1574588537134.jpg (259 KB, 1606x917)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>76100820
A Dellesian merman
>>
File: 1579917886709.png (902 KB, 679x1024)
902 KB
902 KB PNG
>>76101326
>How does this work?
Zurin Arctus was not only Septim's battlemage and closest ally, but Gran Vizier of Cyrodiil. It is commonly believed that he acted in the emperor's stead for a number of diplomatic and political missions. The more extreme take is that they operated in tandem portraying the public persona of "Emperor Tiber Septim" on different occasions. Vivec also refers to Septim as "The Two-Headed Ruling King" in his writings, which could allude to a shared identity of sorts.
>>
>>76101490
>>76101753
The Red King*
>>
>>76100931
>Stormcrown
>>
>>76101794
dude, I wish.
is there any neat things about them beyond Republic of Hahd, by the way?
>>
File: hahd.jpg (1.41 MB, 998x1508)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>76102338
That one text is the one and only time MK ever wrote about it, and the idea was never approached again
>>
>>76046751
Spears when?
>>
>>76102513
I hate the design of these shields.
>>
>>76102513
Not anytime soon, since they're going to use the same engine for TES VI.
>>
>>76102875
>>
File: Dorana's Hammer.png (3.89 MB, 1920x1080)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
Headcanon time?
Characterization: Kagrenac was, in many ways, the ES equivalent of Gendo Ikari
>>
File: large_thumbnail.jpg (63 KB, 910x512)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Would love to get some ideas for a game I'm planning. I want to set it in high rock in 4e 210, five years after the civil war in skyrim. Ulfric wins and now the breton kingdoms are deciding whether or not they should be independent. I hate to skyrim 2 manmer boogaloo but this seems to be the most obvious event to happen. But that's just the "political" event, what I need are ideas for something more innate to the setting ie the nerevar prophesy, oblivion crisis etc. Something that has its roots in lore.
>>
>>76105221
It's more political than anything but I'm still bringing it up: the Shornhelm Septims are too good to not use somehow. With the Mede Empire's continuous failures, the ruler of Shornhelm rallies support by claiming his blood right to the throne, and the fact that Tiber was (supposedly) a Breton only helps in lending him credence and increasing the ranks of his supporters.
>>
>>76101216
Think you got those last two flipped, I thought Arctus was the Breton and Septim was the "Imperial," after Hjalti took Tiber Septim as an Imperial name to legitimize himself as Emperor.
>>
>read the uncensored The Real Barenziah
All those porn mods were ACTUALLY lore-friendly?!
>>
>>76106336
It's still a fictional book in-universe. My personal theory is that the scandalous bits are made up.
>>
>>76106336
As lore-friendly as perpetuating myths in real life is.
>>
>>76100255
>>76100844
>>76101216
>>76101274
>>76101392
>>76101857
>conjecture espoused in one (1) poorly written book by insane heretics
>everyone in TES lore takes it unanimously as true
>>
>>76106927
I don't see any consensus.
>>
>>76106927
Are you implying the Septim Empire's accounts are any more legitimate?
>>
Is aetherium just junk that falls out of aetherius?
>>
>>76107568
I totally buy that Tiber Septim was a murderous Breton asshole named Hjalti Early-Beard who served under a general and probably killed him. I do not buy the added conspiracy theory of some ancient undead Nord king being the real Underking, given that every other source simply calls Wulfharth the Ash-King (except for the even-more-unreliable Mysterious Akavir which may as well have used the Heresy as its source) and the Underking himself tells you that he's just Zurin Arctus, in no unclear terms.
>>
>>76107687
I am of the opinion that most people who take the Arcturian Heresy at face-value are those who haven't played Daggerfall, which is most people.
>>
>>76105775
That's interesting I'll have to use it, especially because I believe the assasination of mede would throw what's left of the empire into another interregnum. Don't you think the medes would of killed them early into their dynasty though? I'm still going to use it. using it
>>
File: 1529542927083.jpg (704 KB, 1857x2613)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>76107687
That's fair. The Tiber/Zurin/Wulfharth schism didn't become a thing until Morrowind, and that took a giant robot breaking the timeline in the worst possible way. That said it's still reasonable to believe Zurin was indeed the Underking, but that is not to say the reverse was always the case.

>>76107747
Every one takes every thing as face value.
That's one of the things that makes TES lore so malleable in the first place. Nearly all legends are subject to word of mouth and unreliable narrator that the story often changes to fit the circumstances. I simply feel the Arcturian Heresy is quoted more since it generally fits into the greater picture of an enantiomorph, which in turn lends credence to the Talos apotheosis.
>>
File: khajiitportrait.jpg (2.7 MB, 2800x2800)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
I need khajiit art for my game, or at least pics that can pass as khajiit.
>>
>>76107985
Who are the bottom two heads? I recognize
>Tiber Septim
>Zurin Arctus
>Wulfharth
>Hjalti Early-Beard

Is that one with his throat cut Cuhlecain? And is the bottom one the New Man, or just a placeholder head?
>>
>>76089848
The picture of hitler sleeping in the chair with the Morrowind quo’s tee under it makes me laugh every time
>>
>>76084477
Literally who? And kirkbride has been kinda relevant I Don’t like that deadhead *hits blunt* writing but many of his fan fictions are become canon in ESO
>>
>>76107930
I don't know if that would benefit them that much. I imagine if they had the chance, the Shornhelm Septims (or any other Septim still around, for that matter) would've tried their luck when the throne was still changing butts, and their location in what is a bit of a backwater is probably as beneficial to the Medes as it was to the mainline Septims when Andorak was "awarded" Shornhelm.
>>
>>76100886
Kinda like Jesus how black people pretend he was black, white say he was white, etc
>>
>>76108632
>Is that one with his throat cut
I think it's either supposed to be Cuhlecain or the Underking. Bottom is definitely a placeholder.
idk, ask the artist
>>
>>76103236
Fuck off weeb I don’t know who your ching ling ping even is but it’s not relevant to ESO
>>
>>76108632
The one with the throat cut is the Underking. The bottom one is, I believe, to resemble the Amulet of Kings.
>>
>>76108632
Counter-clockwise from top:
>Ysmir Wulfharth
>Zurin Arctus
>Tiber Septim (Hjalti + Zurin)
>Amulet of Kings/no face (symbolic of the Many-Faced Missing God)
>The Underking (Zurin + Ysmir)
>Talos Stormcrown (Hjalti + Ysmir)
>>
>>76108625
>>
Who added talos in morrowind?
>>
File: 1446249089243.jpg (325 KB, 724x912)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>76109066
>>
>>76084477
You got kicked out of the 4chan ESO guild, didn't you.
>>
>>76109249
Talos was a long development, from Daggerfall's Tiber Septim, to Redguard linking Tiber Septim to the figure of Talos, and Morrowind finally making Talos' status as a god explicit.
>>
>>76108625
Ka’Po’Tun
>>
>WE WUZ EMPRHAZ N GODZ N SHEEEIIIIT! TALOS WAS A REDGUARD NIGGA DONT LISTEN TO THE NORD THEY BE HOLDIN US DOWN
>>
>>76109518
I don't believe you
>>
If the dragonborn gets soul trapped does akatosh still still have dibs?
>>
>>76110220
>soul trapping a dragon soul
Azura's star could probably do it. The closest thing to a soulgem that can trap a dragon soul is another dragonborn
>>
>>76110052
Okay, whatever.
If you're wondering which developers wrote Morrowind-era Talos, I'm not quite sure. Likely it was a collaborative effort, though if I had to point to specific people I'd say Kirkbride and Kuhlmann were probably the main culprits.
>>
File: 1603037114080.jpg (527 KB, 1821x2002)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>76070285
>Oh my, I didn't know there were more of these maps. Do you have a source, or maybe at least more of these great maps?
Sorry it's taken me 2 days to reply to you anon. Had a busy weekend. The maps were something I got from the UESRPG discord. They have a link in the discord to a google drive that has a lot of homebrew content which include these maps. iirc they have all of Cyrodiil, High Rock, Skyrim, and bits of other places mapped out. So check out the discord. They may still have them available.
>>
>>76084477

As a reminder you are a gay homosexual
>>
>>76084477
I wouldn't find him as annoying as I do if he didn't namefag in the threads. Every time he posts, people either ignore him or make fun of him. Idk why he keeps showing up here.
>>
>>76112621
I haven't experienced that. They're posts like any other. Sometimes people ask him about the Creation Club or joke about Todd but that's it.
>>
>>76112653
>They're posts like any other
That's my point exactly. He usually doesn't engage in the thread any differently than anyone else. So why he chooses to namefag is beyond me. No one cares who you are in this thread. We're just here to discuss lore.
>>
>>76112728
Because people sometimes ask him about the Creation Club or Todd.
>>
>>76112621
I've only ever seen /v/ermin crossing over do that, /tg/ is far too civil give a shit about the normal tripfag whining that plagues the rest of the site.
>>
>>76088433

>all we know for sure about the Thalmor is that many of their rank and file members are racist dicks,

I mean, can you blame them for having such bad attitudes? Working/espionage among Nords is considered the worst job among the Penitus Oculatus, the Imperial secret service. It must be even worse for their elven counterpart.
>>
>>76079729
These were defence mechanisms.They weren't active when the dwemer lived,they were turned on by automatic systems long after their passing.
>>
>>
File: Eastmarch PE v3.jpg (3.82 MB, 3000x4000)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
>>76112497
Oh yeah, I found them, thanks
>>
File: 1604473762297.jpg (28 KB, 500x524)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>76108778
I mean a lot of his writing is like that, but the sermons and Pelinal stuff is phenomenal imo

The only thing I didn't like too much was Aldudagga
>>
File: cursive.jpg (58 KB, 786x550)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>76101753
Is there a handwritten form?
>>
File: mw-npc-wulf.jpg (141 KB, 1000x1000)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>76109249
He's known as Wulf in-game.
>>
>>76109344
>the tiger is the mother
>>
>>76110220
Once and for all the Dragonborn is a Prisoner. Prisoners - big P :^))) - are free from the compelling effects of the Aurbis. Nobody gets dibs on anything.
>>
File: if5e0x79fss51.png (646 KB, 608x475)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
>>76107985
>which in turn lends credence to the Talos apotheosis.
And there you have it.
Nobody in-universe takes claim for the Arcturian Heresy, there are no "Arcturians". Is it not almost more credible that Tiber Septim/agents of his, in order to lend credence to the idea he apotheosized by achieving ALL the Walking Ways like a true motherfucker (as opposed to merely 5 out of 6), fabricated a "heresy" that claims a third party nobody has any record of just so he could claim Enantiomorph? Ultimately it does make Tiber Septim look even better in a metaphysical sense in that if he really did pull off an enantiomorph then he's a more 'true' god in having accomplished all the Walking Ways. To make the "Heresy" more believable, he sprinkles in some real shit about how he actually is a disloyal Breton upstart cunt, then in his greatest ever bullshittery he bullshits that not only did an ancient Atmoran king come from the dead just to legitimize his rule, but also Tiber was just so fucking cool that he could backstab this guy and come out completely on top in a reenactment of the doings of the original gods.
This is just like how Barenziah has her scribe and friend write The Real Barenziah, which maybe exposes some unflattering details about her but is actually massively hyping her up in a way that makes skeptics believe it even more than if it were presented in a less controversial manner.
>>
>>76118907
Arcturian could mean pertaining to Arctur.
>>
>in lore the Snow Elves feared and respected the Skyforge as something from the Divines and as such, stayed far away from it
>the second the Atmorans found it they immediately set about using it to make weapons and armour because Atmorans were massive cunts
>these same Snow Elves also apparently coveted the Eye of Magnus, a literal Aedric item and sought to use it for... something?
>the Atmorans, who we know routinely abused anything and everything of Aedric origin, apparently weren't attempting to harness the Eye of Magnus
>Elves then supposedly sacked Saarthal then DIDN'T take the one thing they apparently wanted from it

How likely is it that the Nords were actually the ones who were trying to use the giant orb and the Falmer sacked Saarthal to keep it buried and far away from Atmoran hands?
>>
>>76119479
Very.
>>
>>76118942
In this case, it's meant to pertain to Arctus.
>>
>>76046751
Drem yol lok, fahdonne!
Zu'u laan hi daar:
Junaar uv Strumruvaakke?
>>
>>76119655
Hin monah.
>>
>>76119479
Whats so special about the skyforge anyway?
>>
>>76119479
Hi los vahdin.
>>
>>76107747
I agree. Just look at the letter he sends you:
>The secret of Numidium's power lies in its heart, carried within the Mantella. It is the heart of Tiber Septim's battlemage. It is my heart. It is my Mantella. It is my Totem. It belongs to me, and to none other.
Quite unambiguous. The Arcturian "oversoul" mental gymnastics sort of fall apart here. The only argument is "The Underking must be lying", but how about "The Arcturian Heresy, a random disembodied document that nobody in the games believes in, must be lying" instead?
>>
>>76119964
Krosis
Nih lost fah >>76119751
>>
File: VBOfKGD.jpg (590 KB, 2048x1152)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
Draconic tongue aka thu'um is a bit too similar to English for my taste.
>>
Is Malacath the most benevolent and just of the Daedra?
>>
>>76120404
No, he's just a sucker for the defeated and the spurned. It doesn't mean he's just or benevolent unless you're in one way or another a loser or a "loser".
Sometimes you, a mortal, sympathize with someone who got cheated or defeated, sometimes you look down on them, but he always is there for you.
>>
>>76120445
I get the impression that he's not so much sympathetic to the defeated as such, but to those who were wronged in their defeat—betrayed, cheated out of their rightful victory by treachery, murdered, sold out. If you lose a fair duel or are defeated in a contest of strength or wits, that's a different thing. To me that sounds like a strong sense of justice (not one of mercy, mind).
>>
>>76120511
I think so too but that'd be too easy.
>>
>>76120250
My theory is that as zurin was in the process of trapping the underking, the king struck out with a ".. then I'm taking you with me!" Kind of curse, which resulted in a kind of fusion. Most of their souls combined within the gem, but the vestiges of the underking and the remaining trace of arctus combined back on nirn, leading to one hell of an identity crisis.
>>
>>76120404
I wouldn't say h's exactly a benevolent being, but he is likely the most just of the Daedric princes. He cares for at least his orcs, sticks to deals and promises is harsh if a chieftan isn't particularly good at his job. Then again, he wanted an entire family wiped out because one of their ancestors stole glory.
>>
>>76120590
Hmm, the Underking seems pretty self-assured in his identity as Zurin Arctus and Zurin Arctus alone though. He makes this clarification specifically because in Daggerfall, a few NPCs think the Underking is Tiber Septim, but some other NPCs also think the Underking is the King of Worms and that's just false. No reason to think he actually is Tiber Septim.
I do think that what you're saying was Kirkbride's intent that he was going to flesh out, but Morrowind as a game was rushed. The Arcturian Heresy was transcribed from an email he sent at 3am and put directly into the game, which is why it's somewhat poorly written, not written from the point of view of anyone in-universe, containing a few objective errors, and most of all unfinished. We were going to see actual crazy Arcturian heretics in-game too, and we'd see Red Templars persecuting them, but none of that made it in time. So as it stands, the Arcturian Heresy is just a random book with no explanation or justification in the game world, with nobody who believes in it.
Going purely off what we we see in-game, there's no reason to believe the Heresy on the Underking. I buy the Hjalti thing since it's confirmed in Skyrim.
>>
Why did Wulfharth get shafted so hard, bros? The motherfucker got ASH'D like four times
>>
File: Underking screenshot.png (1.41 MB, 1024x1024)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>76121997
The poor man. He does everything he can for his people and then get stomped every time.
>>
>>76120384
At least it's more distinct then Daedric, which swaps the characters.
>>
>>76120756
I always felt it was more Zurin channeling Ysmir the way Hjalti did as General Talos. Imagine an undead wizard cloaked in ash and swallowing stormclouds
>>
>>76073177
the culture section is insanely interesting although i wish they had picked a different name than "Norman"
>>
>>76084211
some boogeyman schizos like to accuse of being anyone that asks questions
>>
>>76122267
I meant to talk about the grammar.
>>
>>76123667
In my day we called it sliding and didn't give the culprits a title unless they were politically or financially motivated.
>>
>>76121997
Didn't he die AGAIN in the Trial of Vivec?
Poor fucker is the setting's designated jobber.
>>
>>76123929
Wulfarth? No. By then, he was already part of Talos.
The first time he died, was due to Orkey's machinations; The second was at the Heart Chamber, against the Chimer and Dwemer. The third was when Zurin tried to soultrap him; The final time was, as the Underking, when he obtained the Mantella.
(Also, in between his second and third deaths he was ritually summoned, in order to fight Mehrunes Dagon, in Mournhold. After the job was done, he returned to ash)
>>
>>76124218
Some people associate Wulfharth with King Dead Wolf-Deer. Both are "dead kings" and "hart" is another word for deer.
>>
File: BZ5qxb6vptgU3rCfZerpV7.jpg (565 KB, 1280x720)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>76102513
If Todd said that spears would be implemented in the next game of the series, would you believe him?
https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1606252188525.webm
>>
>>76107747
>>76120250
The idea that the Underking is both Wulfharth and Zurin is a big misconception from the heresy to begin with.
Nowhere is it implied Wulfharth and Zurin were the same being in the Heresy, in fact Wulfharth explicitly makes the statement that Zurin is “not the Underking,” making the case that he himself had been the TRUE underking since the time of the second akaviri invasion.
Likewise he states in the heresy that after Tiber died he went on to advise Tiber’s heir. However all information regarding the Underking in Daggerfall states that he fell into a semi-comatose state after his battle with Numidium and was locked in a tomb.
And then in one of the quests in Daggerfall, the Underking tells you he wishes no harm upon the Blades and wants you to help them.
But in Oblivion there’s a quest where it is mentioned the Underking personally cursed several Blades members who worked for Tiber Septim (despite him being in slumber at this time).
The implication is pretty clear, Zurin and Ysmir are too different Underkings.
>>
>>76126306
I guess wulfharth didn't hate tiber as much
>>
>>76126258
>Who's laughing now
Got to hand him that.
>>
>>76115549
Do you think Daedric realms reset with every kalpa?
>>
Why is imperial even a race? Seems redundant.
>>
>>76128694
Beth-Esda wanted an Empire and were fans of Rome.
>>
File: ImperialSkyrim.png (2.54 MB, 1280x1531)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
>>76128694
They added it for Morrowind so you could have that whole colonizer feel. They're my favorite race to play as but I do admit that the games would be a hell of a lot more interesting if the Imperials weren't playable
>>
File: AdoringFan.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Do Bosmer worship Azura?
>>
>>76128694
I guess to distinguish the bretons, from High-Rock/Western-Skyrim and the Imperials from Cyrodiil.
Also, it sounds better than 'colovian' or 'nibenese'.
>>
>>76128694
I agree, they should have just left the ruling family of Cyrodiil as all Bretons (with some Nords) if they were just going to make Cyrodiil/Imperials as generic as High Rock by TES4. Fucking disgraceful that the only interesting things Bretons had going for them were stolen by Imperials.
>>
>>76128905
Hot take: Yffre is Hircine and Azurah.
>>
>>76128905
Hotter Take: Yffre is Clavicous Vile
>>
>>76128905
Hottest take: Jephre is Y'ffre.
>>
>>76126367
No, the the opposite...
>>
File: Hircine.jpg (96 KB, 751x1063)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Why does Hircine have his dick buried so deep in Skyrim? I don't think he's part of the Nordic pantheon so why is he so deeply tied to Skyrim and the Nords (Companions and the Skaal). Is Skyrim just so pristine that he see's the land and it's inhabitants as his to claim or something?
>>
>>76131850
Nords love fighting and he loves hunting. They probably see eye to eye on a lot of matters. Then there’s wildlife like mammoths that would make challenging prey.
>>
>>76131850
Nords probably would venerate him if they didn't view Daedra worship as abhorrent.
>>
>>76120384
>lel
>>
>>76126367
Other way around. Arctus Underking is the one who you meet in Daggerfall and saves the Blades from a trap set by the King of Worms and just wants to die peacefully, while Ysmir Underking is the vengeful asshole who curses the Blades and probably assassinates Hjalti's/(...Zurin's?) grandson.
I'm not sure if I buy this theory, though, since it doesn't explain how the Dragon Break leads to both dying/how Ysmir's soul isn't in the Mantella.
>>
>>76131850
Also Hircine is the king of gods for the reachmen. nords interbreed with the reachmen like crazy, even if they don’t want to admit it
>>
>>76128905
Hellfire take: Y'ffre is Todd

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.