[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

No more MEGA edition.

Previously on GURPSgen >>75928109

>GURPS is a modular, adaptable system, capable of running a wide range of characters, settings, and play styles with level of detail varying from lightweight to completely autistic.
Optional rules allow you to emulate different genres with a single system, even switching genres within a single game.

Our MEGA archive has been locked and can not be recovered. I currently do not have a complete catalogue of all the books that were in the archive.
However, Library Genesis has almost all the 4th edition books. It is lacking in 3rd edition books, so if you have those, please upload them there.
Suggestions for alternative takedown-resistant cloud storage very welcome at this point.
>>
rest in pieces
>>
File: me making oc.jpg (368 KB, 650x995)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
Where's the purchase history anon to advice us on how to proceed now that we can't get the books from mega?
>>
>>76019264
>MEGA archive has been locked and can not be recovered

Come the FUCK on guys
>>
>>76019408
See >>75957741
>>
>>76019512
Perfect.
>>
What sources would be useful to run a global elites campaign where the players were Bilderberg high finance types? Obviously Social Engineering and Boardroom and Curia, anything else you can think of?
>>
>>76019264
Whoever owns the account unlock it because some faggot fraudulently triggered a safety mechanism.
>>
>>76019512
Most likely the person that did it, too.
>>
BTW, I have all of the books and will be restoring the library, faggot.
>>
>>76019619
Someone in the last thread said that the email provider went kaput. There is no more emailure.net, which means there's no way to recover the MEGA.
>>
File: speedwagon.jpg (23 KB, 600x315)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>76019651
Silence, cretin. I won't stand idly while the reputation of this fine gentleman is sullied. He's a man of standards, he would never resort to lowly blows like this.
>>
>>76019672
Well, that's some good news at least
>>
So is this entire thread going to be poorfags moaning?
>>
>>76019615
Maybe Mysteries if the party is going to be engaging in conspiracies and counter-conspiracies. Realm Management is supposed to hit soon-ish, which seems useful for rich and powerful people with lots of assets under their control.
>>
>>76019766
I was going to make a lizardman character (not sure if it would count as content though) but there's an event going on FGO and it's keeping me busy.
>>
>>76019786
I got salty and ditched FGO after the first story arc ended and I failed to get Merlin even after saving up almost 1000 crystals. Is it still going strong?

Also, challenge time: Pick your favorite servant and squeeze them into a 250-point character, keeping their theme if not their insane power level.
>>
File: siegfried17.jpg (966 KB, 1080x1920)
966 KB
966 KB JPG
>>76019842
Not sure how well it's doing financially because I don't check that kind of stuff, but content-wise it's doing well in my opinion. I'm sure it's not safe from valid criticism but I like it.
I admit I've been lucky but the gacha doesn't seem bad. I never put a cent on it (exchange rate is not kind) but I've been able to get several 5* servants with free gems and tickets (they frequently hand these out like candies).

I'm not sure I have time to make a character sheet today but my favorite servant is Siegfried and he's pretty straightforward: Knight template, focus on Two-Handed Sword skill, DR (Includes Eyes, +10%; Doesn't protect torso from behind, -10%; Cannot Wear Armor, limited torso, -20%), Vow (Help those in need who ask) and Selfless with low self-control roll.
>>
Help me, friends. I want to make a weird Sword and Sorcery style game, and I don't really know which of the million books to look at. So far I'm using GURPS Low-Tech for more TL 1 stuff, and Ritual Path Magic. Any other recommendations for books I should be looking at?
>>
>>76019264
If I can assist in the recovery of the archive for whoever is doing it let me know. I don't have a lot but anything I can put forward is something I am willing to do. List of my books as follow; (All 4th gen, sorry)
>Adaptations
>Fantasy
>Basic Set Characters
>Basic Set Campaigns
>Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1-4
>Dungeon Fantasy 1-14, 18-21. I do not have DF 15, 16, 17.
>Dungeon Fantasy Pyramid 3-50
>Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 1 and 2
>Gun Fu
>Martial Arts, Gladiators and Yrth Fighting Styles
>Power Ups 1-9
>Powers
>Powers Divine Favor
>Psionic Powers
>Psi
>Low Tech (+Instant Armor, Tech and Daily Life and Companion 2)
>High Tech
>Ultra Tech
>Magic
>Magical Styles - Dungeon Magic
>Thaumatology (+Magical Styles, Sorcery Protection and Warning, Sorcery Sound Spells, Sorcery)

>>76004328
Took a nap hoping to take have a better look at it with fresh eyes.
>Area of Effect +150% for 8 yards
>Aura +80%
>Malediction 1, +100%
>Selective Area +20%
>Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%
>Requires (HT/IQ/DX) Roll -10%
>Takes Extra Time, -10%
>1/10th duration, Only after target leaves the area, -20%
>(Magic, Divine, Psi) power source -10%
>Visible, -10%
>+0% for Always causes light effect in 1 yard radius
Then for the specific buff
>+60% for +3 Ablative (-80%) Force Field (+20%), Power Source (-10%) DR (1.5pts a level)

The issue I have with this is that the DR is going to be applied before the target's armor etc, which means the effect of "temporary hitpoints" is significantly lessoned. Is there a way to get the effect of force field but applied after armor? The issue is not preventing touch spells but rather that normal DR does not cover eyes. Or perhaps this is a balanced effect, allowing my monsters to eye-shot a buffed target.
>>
>>76020155
Fantasy for some decent worldbuilding advice, Adaptations for advice on getting a genre right, Horror and Lands out of Time for monsters. Martial Arts if you want to add more swordplay detail, but probably best to keep things as simple as possible.
>>
>>76020365
>The issue I have with this is that the DR is going to be applied before the target's armor etc, which means the effect of "temporary hitpoints" is significantly lessoned. Is there a way to get the effect of force field but applied after armor? The issue is not preventing touch spells but rather that normal DR does not cover eyes. Or perhaps this is a balanced effect, allowing my monsters to eye-shot a buffed target.
Technically, you can just say that this is the "lower" layer of DR, but since you took Force FIeld which includes worn gear by definition, you cannot do that. I suggest either removing Force Field and adding Nictitating Membrane for a more RAW approach or replace Force Field with Includes Eyes, +10%. Force Field is +20% and includes both eyes and gear, so +10% sounds fair for just the eyes. Rice suggests +10% for that in one of his few non-paywalled blogposts.
>>
>>76020365
>which means the effect of "temporary hitpoints" is significantly lessoned.
Forgot to ask. Are you aware of Vitalty Reserve? It might represent what you're looking for better.
>>
>>76019842
>>76020078
Here's the character sheet.
>>
>>76020365
I'd allow 'protects eyes but isn't a force field' as a +10% enhancement. Nictitating membrane is 1 point per level and also give a bonus to HT rolls for eye damage. That suggests to me that DR only on the eyes is worth half a point per level, which is consistent with the usual rules for partial damage resistance. Alternatively, allow nictitating membrane to take the ablative limitation and add that to the buff package.
>>
>>76020569
>Nictitating membrane is 1 point per level and also give a bonus to HT rolls for eye damage
The first two levels of Nictitating Membrane also negate the -2 Vision penalty for being underwater.
>>
>>76020448
>>76020569
Probably remove Force Field and make it Includes Eyes, (10%) for a final point cost of 1pt per level for this DR. Is there a way for Force Field to exclude worn gear as a limitation on it? Probably more work than it is worth compared to just includes eyes though. If it wasn't ablative this wouldn't even be an issue to be honest.

>>76020461
I am not. I don't want this "temp HP" to be subject to wounding modifiers but I am nonetheless interested in Vitality Reserve. Where can I find the writeup for it?
>>
>>76020651
>Where can I find the writeup for it?
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-5.html
>>
>>76020651
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=424329&postcount=8

>>76020569
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=18917
>>
>>76020683
>>76020771
Thanks, interesting write up. Not what I am looking for here but might be useful for a future write up for a berserker rage buff I am thinking about doing later.

I think my final writeup for the DR aura will be;

30pts, +5pts per level of doubling area of effect, +1pts per a level for an additional point of DR. Effects;
Take concentrate maneuver, make [Stat] roll (if failed make more at 1FP per extra roll), if succeed then aura activates for 1 minute allowing for free action Will rolls to be made to give +4 full body ablative DR to all selected targets in area who forgo or fail their will save, lasting margin of success x10 seconds after they leave the AoE. Caster emits light (design and color of their choice) and their applied DR is a visible effect on themselves and all allies (Design of their choice).

>Area of Effect +50% for 2 yards
>Aura +80%
>Malediction 1, +100%
>Selective Area +20%
>Takes Extra Time, -10%
>Visible, -10%
+effect
>+40% for +4 Ablative (-80%) Includes Eyes (+10%), Power Source (-10%) DR (1pts a level)

If anyone can check math for that I would appreciate it but I think it is correct.
Next write up is for the additional damage on hit effect.

35pts, +5pts per level of doubling area of effect. Effects;

>Aura +80%
>Malediction 1, +100%
>Selective Area +20%
>Takes Extra Time, -10%
>Visible, -10%
+effect
>+90% for Innate Attack, Crushing, Follow-Up (+50% Rule Bending Cosmic; any weapon), Partial Dice +4 (1.2x). So ((5x1.2)x150%)=9pts per level.

Any issues here?
>>
>>76019264
>Our MEGA archive has been locked and can not be recovered. I currently do not have a complete catalogue of all the books that were in the archive.
Guys, try Rutracker.
>>
>>76021749
>If anyone can check math for that I would appreciate it but I think it is correct.
It is correct, I checked.
>Any issues here?
Again, I think you forgot the power modifier on the crushing attack.
>>
>>76021788
>5 different torrents
>every single one is an incomplete disorganized mess
It's no good. You can't trust drunk slavs to make a proper collection.
>>
>>76021894
I really need to remember to apply power modifiers. I have probably yoinked points off so many sheets I have reviewed for my players without even second guessing it.

This is 33pts, +5pts per extra level of AoE.

>Aura +80%
>Malediction 1, +100%
>Selective Area +20%
>Takes Extra Time, -10%
>Visible, -10%
+effect
>+70% for Innate Attack, Crushing, Follow-Up (+50% Rule Bending Cosmic; any weapon), Power Source -10%, So 5x140% = 7pts per level.

(Changed partial dice cause ugly math and rounding. This is now a +1d6 crushing bonus on all ally weapons as a follow up attack.)
>>
A new Karilan primer version with some slight alterations based on anon's feedback. Removed some engrish in the bloodrager entry, specified that prerequisites are not used for wizardry-based casting traditions, changed the goliath racial template, added a line about perks as learned spells.
>>76022003
Looks fine now.
>>
>>76022087
A general question; if these powers are in an array of alternate abilities and the user powers up the first AoE, giving themselves and all allies the +4DR, then uses the ready action to switch to the offense array and finally activates it to give all allies the bonus Follow Up attack, do the effects of the +4DR vanish the moment the DR buff is swapped to the attack buff or does everyone keep their buff until the end (seconds equal to margin of success) wears off?

In general does an effect created by an ability that has an alternate ability disappear when the alternate ability is swapped off of?
>>
>>76022220
>In general does an effect created by an ability that has an alternate ability disappear when the alternate ability is swapped off of?
They do not, they persist. So, your aura's effect will persist for margin of success seconds. (Actually, you have Reduced Duration, 1/10, not 1/60, so it's 6 x (margin of success) seconds.)
>>
>>76020365
I have 90% of the archive. I'd like if somebody could set up a new MEGA, so that I can upload them slowly over the coming days. Also, I think I'll dump files and give them to whoever managing the "trove." It'd be an absolute crime for the GURPS 3rd material to go out of circulation.
>>
File: Hallucinate.jpg (38 KB, 277x368)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>76022256
Ah I had statted my first one wrong then as I meant to use 1/6th duration for clean increments of 10 seconds vs 1/10th duration which is increments of 6 seconds. Changes points totals by .5 on my write ups but that is fine, easy to correct.

On page 5 of Power Ups 4 it gives the aura of chaos with the effect of Hallucinating. I will try to replicate it below as that is similar to what I wanted for a terror field anyways and I think may even do the job of terror better since I don't want to deal with Fright checks.

33.5pts(round up), +5pts per level of AoE

>Aura +80%
>Malediction 1, +100%
>Selective Area +20%
>Based on Will, +20%
>Takes Extra Time, -10%
>1/6th duration, Only after target leaves the area, -15%
>Visible, -10%
+effect
>+50% Hallucinating (Incapacitation) Affliction

So targets who enter the aura must make a will quick contest with me or suffer the effects of pic related for seconds equal to my margin of success which only begins counting down AFTER they exit the aura? I might just have to give this effect to some eldritch critters in my upcoming underdark-esque campaign!
>>
>>76022687
>So targets who enter the aura must make a will quick contest with me or suffer the effects of pic related for seconds equal to my margin of success which only begins counting down AFTER they exit the aura?
They hallucinate for margin of success minutes (but they have to roll for it every second while they are in the aura, so it's easier to say that if they fail to resist they hallucinate until they leave the area and then for margin of success seconds after that).
>>
>>76022810
Is it margin of success minutes even with the 1/6th duration effect? I don't want this lasting so long as to persist well out of combat when a bad margin of success roll basically already tells you your combat is over.
>>
>>76022838
Your Reduced Duration, 1/6 only kicks in after the target leaves the area. Inside the area, the duration still is the default margin of victory minutes. However, "Only when the target leaves the area" does not affect the limitation value, so you can just drop it if you want.
>>
File: andersen.jpg (178 KB, 512x724)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>76020078
>>76020520
I'd imagine pic related could work well as an Incantation Mage specializing in the Paths of Augury (crit chance) and Transformation (+ATK/DEF, plus healing if you ignore DF's forced monopolization of healing by clerics), plus maybe Arcanum (for NP boosting).
>>
I have full (?) copy of 4th ed archive dated by couple or more months ago, so if you need any help - just ask.

It's stupid - save everything on your PC, theyy said. Yeah.
>>
>>76022920
I think I will leave it on for now. So if I make the reduced duration 1/60th the effect just means they are "free" of rolling negative at -2 one second after they leave the area?
>>
>>76024224
>one second
Not one, margin of victory seconds.
>>
>>76024548
Right right, but what I am saying is that once they got out of the aura as long as they hadn't failed the following will check(s) they would then only be under it's effect for X more seconds.
>>
>>76024587
Correct.
>>
Y'know guys, im glad to be playing third edition rather than 4th.

The books are all on the trove.
>>
>>76024606
I might do 1/60th for that effect then otherwise I might TPK the party. At least this way they can run out of the effect to try to survive it.

The only other write up I need to do is a write up for a slow effect. I was looking at Affliction inflicting the Lame disadvantage but
1) I don't need the skill related stuff, just the move penalty
2) The level I want would be 1 legged I guess? It reduces basic move to a flat 2. Thing is I don't need the skill stuff and I don't actually want the effect of not being able to walk without a crutch.
>>
How do you build an "attack reflection" ability? Sending an attack back to the attacker with power relative to the original attack.
>>
>>76024690
Also, how would you build a turtle-like ability that allows a monster to trade mobility for DR? (retracting into it's shell, essentially)
>>
>>76024670
>The only other write up I need to do is a write up for a slow effect.
You could either try Disadvantage, Decreased Basic Move, or (better) Slower Move from Power-Ups: Enhancements.
>How do you build an "attack reflection" ability? Sending an attack back to the attacker with power relative to the original attack.
DR with Reflection. Possibly with Does Not Provide DR, -100%. Same for Static, if you want to reflect magic.
>Also, how would you build a turtle-like ability that allows a monster to trade mobility for DR? (retracting into it's shell, essentially)
DR (Temporary Disadvantage, No Legs (Sessile), -50%).
>>
>>76024726
Meant to also respond to >>76024690 >>76024700
>>
>>76024726
arigato
>>
>>76024726
Thanks, Slower Move is perfect. Reading that box entry for it has me wondering what you could do with afflicting yourself with large amount of Density Increase though? What shenanigans could you get up to if you were x100 your density? Would Judo throws still even work on someone this heavy?
>>
Sorry for bombarding the thread with noob questions, but I have another noob question.
How do you build "passive" auras? I know Emanation and Area are a thing, but for things like Afflictions and Innate Attacks, you still have to use your maneuver to use them. If I want a fire elemental, for example, that passively deals damage to anyone within a radius without using it's maneuver, how would you do that?
>>
>>76024808
Add Always On.
>>
File: i see.png (1 KB, 91x135)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>76024821
huh, ok
>>
Does the reliable enhancement apply to quick contests made with ability, such as malediction and binding?
>>
>>76024661
They are not though.
They have a tiny fraction of the old books.
>>
>>76025525
No.
>>
>>76025584
So if you don't have an activation roll on an ability then what does Talent/Reliable do for you?
>>
>>76025691
Reliable does nothing. Talent could add, for example, to Innate Attack rolls. Talent <> Reliable.
>>
File: Powers41.jpg (26 KB, 277x262)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>76025691
>>76025704
>>
>>76025691
Talent can also add to rolls related to the power.
For example, if you have Lightning Calculator or Intuitive Mathematician as part of a power, talent adds to rolls in which those skills would be useful like most of Mathematics, Astronomy and so on.
>>
>>76025946
Thank you! That is a good point. Not sure I understand >>76025738 though. So it does or does not apply to Malediction's will rolls?
>>
>>76025972
Talent does. Reliable does not.
>>
File: Powers109.jpg (22 KB, 275x223)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>76025972
>>76026018
>>
>>76024808
Aura is passive by default.
>>
File: krommreliable.jpg (200 KB, 1619x752)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>76026093
>>
>>76026123
So reliable doesn't work then? Okay, will ignore the other post
>>
I have a few of the 3E books, but they're probably stuff that can be easily found elsewhere: vehicles, transhuman space, WWII
I downloaded all or almost all the supplements for Traveller. I didn't get those from the MEGA tho (they're in the PDF archive thread I think).
>>
I have the entire (as of a month or two ago) 4th Edition folder from the Mega as a zip file. Is there anything from 4th that is still missing?
>>
>>75999939

What wuxia comic?
>>
>>76026407
I have most of Third Edition. Only thing I can't add is stuff that wasn't there before and the stuff I had a very low opinion of.
>Magic Items 1
>Magic Items 2
etc.
>>
People who still play 3e sounds like the kind of people that makes htmls out of their files, disable anti-aliasing on fonts, and probably uses Lynx as their main browser.
>>
File: im-helping-35445714.png (85 KB, 500x397)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>76022087
Nice!
>>
>>76027992
Please don't aim totally-unwarranted insults in my direction. If I ever play GURPS, I will use 4e (updating Vehicles stats accordingly), and I use Brave, not Lynx.
>>
>>76027992
>disable anti-aliasing on fonts
There is nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>76026407
>Is there anything from 4th that is still missing?
Recent stuff which I don't think ever made it into the archive:
Dungeon Fantasy Career Guide
DF Encounters 2: The Room
Combat Cards (are these hard-copy only?)

If you've got the kickstarter stuff, then I think you're up-to-date with everything that was in the mega.
>>
>>76030092
Pretty sure the DF Career Guide was in the archive, as I have a copy of it. Never checked to see if the The Room made it there, but I don't think it did.
>>
>>76027992
All patrician options.
>>
>>76019769
Thanks, anon. Do you have any advice for the character creation in a campaign like this? Do the boardroom & curia rules actually include creation of orgs. into point-buy?
>>
>>76030430
>Do the boardroom & curia rules actually include creation of orgs. into point-buy?
I'm not sure what you're asking, but it allows PCs to create organizations in-game, and it allows the value of organizations as Patrons/Enemies/Allies/Dependents to be determined.
>>
>>76030430
>Do the boardroom & curia rules actually include creation of orgs. into point-buy?
Not directly, but it does allow you to stat an organization and then use that to determine its cost as a Patron or how much it takes to buy Rank in it, it's effectiveness as a Contact, and other features you *do* buy with points.
>>
>>76030092
Are the new Combat Cards actually different than the original (and also free) Combat Card pdf? Or is it just a physical release with the cards premade?
>>
Lizardfolk character for Karilan. Not very polished because I had a busy day and had to make him in short intervals.
I couldn't quite grasp how society in Malassiril looks like so I made him a rogue that moved away to Viril-Aventus.
>>
>>76032601
Fuck. Forgot to attach the file again.
>>
>>76032518
I believe they are different. No actual new rules material though.
>>
>>76019264
Would a GURPS system be best for a historically accurate Medieval setting? I'm thinking of basing it all in real history, like the setting of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
>>
>>76036223
Yes, it has specific books for just that thing. Check out the 3rd versions in the trove or the website in the OP.
>>
>>76036223
>GURPS Vikings
>GURPS Middle Ages 1 (England)
>GURPS Russia
>GURPS Low-Tech (series)
>GURPS Arabian Nights
>GURPS Crusades
Et cetera.
>>
>>76035085
What's the point of combat cards you can't use for reference?
>>
>>76032601
>>76032622
Looks fine, even if a bit basic. I've had only two characters from Malassiril in my games - an SM+1 lizardfolk with some disgusting damage potential with a harpoon, and a grippli blood mage who was the most controversial character in the history of the group I play with.
>>
>>76019264
Thread tourist here, never played GURPS, but I have perused the books on occasion. I do have a complete archive of the MEGA from 9-11-20. I don't mind uploading it so you guys can put things back together again if necessary. .
>>
>>76037724
Tell us more, anything you'd want to run with GURPS?
>>
>>76037724
That's fantastic, anon. Should have almost everything in there. What's the most convenient way for you to upload them? Just make a new mega account and dump the whole folder?
>>
>>76037803
I've mostly been brainstorming. I was looking into systems to run Metal Gear, and GURPS seemed like a candidate, but it would require a lot of work. Rules for firearms aplenty, but I haven't yet thought about how to work in Mechas in gears like Rex and Ray, along with trying to figure out how I would make stealth interesting.

I also wanted to give back, I bought a hardcover of GURPS Alpha Centauri a while back, haven't yet gotten the chance to scan it, and clean it up. Since who doesn't love that setting? The versions you guys have are nice to peruse, but are incomplete in a few ways.

>>76037957
I'll probably dump them in one of the volas the Share Thread uses >>76009777 and mirror it one more place elsewhere. Leave it to you guys to sort out how you want to maintain it after that. Just to be clear for those who don't use Freedom Land dates, I grabbed the archive on September 11th. It's 12.6GB compressed.
>>
>>76037713
Yeah, can't argue with that. He's pretty much Lizardfolk racial template + Archer template from DF15. I like gimmicky builds so I wish I could have done something better but overall I'm not unhappy with him, he's a solid fighter for a normal game.
For my next character I'm considering familiars again but I don't want to do it with DF power level so those from DF5 would be too expensive. As far as I looked up there's no real reason for familiars to have IQ 10 so I think I'll start by decreasing it.
>>
File: 1603903067232.jpg (83 KB, 792x835)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Hello /gurpsgen/

been making content to cope with a lack of game time.

how does this look, wanted to create an ability that can deal extra knockback/damage after any melee attack. Criticism welcome

Giant Blow
A strong attack which aims to push a character away while dealing damage. Typically accompanied by aa ferocious yell or the howling sound of wind being cleaved.
Innate attackX2 ( crushing 2d6 10 points) {Follow up (Any melee attack +25%), Costs Fatigue (2 point) -10%, no wounding -50%, Double Knockback +20%, Limited use 4 -20%
>>
>>76040447
It won't do damage if it has No Wounding
>>
>>76040518
I misread the damage limitation "The attack inflicts basic damage causing knockback and blunt trauma, but its penetrating damage has no wounding effect."

originally thought that meant that it wouldn't receive wounding multipliers but I can see the mistake now.

I've also been trying to do an advantage that grants DR or healing when a character quips. Regeneration was the only direct healing method I saw but it was super expensive so I went with ablative DR instead.

One liner
A corny one liner that boosts your characters Ego and damage resistance.
AfflictionX1 (afflicts Damage resistanceX5 (ablative 6 points) (Accessibility, character must make a quip or one liner in order to use this ability -5%) (Reduced time -20%) (Emergencies only -30%) Accessibility (Only works on the user -10%) (Low signature 1 +10%(character can whisper if needed) Sense-based (character must speak aloud to themselves and be able to hear themselves -20%) Takes Recharge 1 -10% ( 5 seconds) Malediction 1 +100%

final cost 7 points.

I'm unsure how long it would last though. If this advantage is "on by 1 minute per each point by which the victim fails his ht roll" and a character voluntarily fails the roll against themselves I don't know what the margin of failure would be.
>>
>>76040934
>A corny one liner that boosts your characters E
shit final cost 13 points my bad math hard number hard.
>>
>>76040934
Instead of Affliction you could use the Trigger limitation (B115) on the DR itself. Probably ends up cheaper
>>
>>76036223
Do you mean a historical romance in general or acutely setting a game in 15th century Bohemia?
>>
what's a good video game to sit down and convert stuff (especially monsters) to gurps from? i wanna brush up my content building skills but i'm Hidebound irl
>>
Is it possible to build an ability with a random effect? Affliction that can either blind or deafen, randomly, for example.
>>
>>76042271
Dragon's Dogma. Dawn of Man. Bloodborne.
>>
>>76042271
>Hidebound IRL
What did you use the points for?
>>
>>76042914
less sleep 2
>>
>>76042271
Jane's Fighting Aircraft of World War I
>>
>>76043216
based
>>
File: 20201120_060023.jpg (1.92 MB, 3264x2448)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>76043843
<3
>>
>>76042271
Pokemon
The Legend of Zelda
>>
>>76042271
Dominions 5
>>
>>76044330
I second Pokemon. I had a lot of fun making a not!pokemon trainer as druid/beastmaster with multiple allies.
As for Zelda, it's great series but the variety of monsters is somewhat limited. Stating races and bosses could be fun, though.
>>
PSA: The Illumination Table in Powers: Enhanced Sense is kaput. There's this official errata that AFAIK hasn't been included in the pdf version found on the old archive:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=1879114&postcount=415
>>
>>76042271
Pokemon is wildly popular and has a ridiculous number of creatures with interesting traits.
I'd honestly rather see something other than monsters though. It seems like everyone does monster catalogues. Maybe martial arts styles from fighting games? Or vehicles; there's never enough of those.

>>76043208
That explains a lot, Eggplant.

>>76045610
Template Toolkit 2 has the most recent version of the rules, which follow the 1-5-20-100 progression.
>>
Imagine an X-Com-style game where you play as Infinity Unlimited fighting Centrum, the Raven Division, the Cabal, and the annunaki on parallel worlds.
>>
>>76045842
Imagine such game as gacha. 100% of profit go to GURPS 5th Edition development.
>>
I am getting ready to run a fantasy campaign and reading through stuff I am trying to decide if I want to have Magery as written allowed, and if so if I want to even consider allowing anything above Magery 2.

Notes; we have stat caps of one attribute up to 80 points, one attribute up to 60, two attribute at 40 with 20 points to float between them however you want. I figured this would allow character to remain "within their roles" as prescribed by dungeon fantasy while still allowing them to more freely build characters.

Additionally the skill cap is governing attribute+6.

Are there any obviously abuseable things I should know about concerning Magery? Is there anything you would immediately think of that would mess up the attribute or skill cap limits?
>>
>>76045842
Man that's the game I've always dreamed of (tabletop or otherwise)
>>76046000
send this to SJG
>>
>>76046328
One good way of restraining mages using the basic system is to split IQ/Per/Will. Usually IQ raises Per and Will so a mage with high IQ ends up getting those high attributes at high levels as well, optionally it's possible to reduce them and effectively get IQ for 10 points.
Splitting the attribute balances things out. IQ is worth 20 points, perfectly reasonable given how many skills (and abilities) it affects, but doesn't raise Per and Will any longer. So a mage won't be as iron-willed as a holy warrior/paladin or have sharp senses like a scout.
>>
>>76042271
Monster Hunter.
>>
>>76046000
I knew I wasn't the only one who figured an Infinity Patrol gacha would work well
>>
>>76045827
>Maybe martial arts styles from fighting games? Or vehicles; there's never enough of those.
If I had more experience playing GURPS instead of just reading sourcebooks, I would make stats for rare and exotic guns from history
>>
>>76047224
>it's possible to reduce them and effectively get IQ for 10 points.
Counts into Disad Limit.
>>
>>76048780
>If I had more experience playing GURPS instead of just reading sourcebooks, I would make stats for rare and exotic guns from history
Honestly, that seems like it would require less play experience than writing up monsters. With monsters, there's a lot of subtlety in judging how literal to make things, how much complexity is worth it, what abstract stats like DX and HT actually mean in play and so on. A gun's stats are much more derived from measurable data and require much less judgement.
Also, while exotic guns from history are absolutely cool, I think that if you want to write stuff people will actually want to use, modern guns would be more popular. Adventure Guns and Pulp Guns already cover the obvious popular historical eras, apart from WW2. Meanwhile there are likely to be a load of tacticool weapons released recently which have appeared in a load of films and video games.
>>
>>76046328
Go with 10+Magery instead of IQ+Magery.
>>
File: WDL.jpg (199 KB, 1248x702)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>76045842
>>76046000
Recently throw at my players idea about cyberpunk gacha campaign.
Action 4 actually is golden for that, but I'm too lazy about working out skill package randomization.
>>
>>76049506
Then I guess I will give GURPS: Forgotten Weapons a shot some day
>>
Am I retard or is Boardroom and Curia a little vague on how it works?
I mean, if I join a police force that mentions Legal Enforcement Powers and some Reputation in its stat block, do I get those just by having the organization as Patron or do I have to buy them separately? What about Contacts and Allies, do I get them by requesting the patron?
>>
>>76052799
>if I join a police force that mentions Legal Enforcement Powers and some Reputation in its stat block, do I get those just by having the organization as Patron or do I have to buy them separately?
If not all members of the organization have a trait, the stat block should also contain a frequency modifier on it. See Member Traits (Boardroom and Curia p. 6).
If whether or not a member has the trait is dependent on the member's Rank in the organization, you can use The Arithmetic of Rank (Social Engineering p. 14) to determine the exact relationship between Rank and the trait's frequency among all members, and describe that relationship in the Notes section of the stat block.
>>
>>76053350
So I'd need the police force as Patron, buy Rank for it and Legal Enforcement Powers? What's the benefit of Patron and Rank if you have to buy what should be part of membership benefits?
>>
File: Untitled 1.pdf (24 KB, PDF)
24 KB
24 KB PDF
>>76051237
Only missing part is the powerups, since those have non-standard costs and prereqs. Maybe allow them if WILDCARD is rolled.
>>
>>76053501
It's usually Patron *or* Rank, not both, but in either case it's a social advantage representing the backing your department gives you. If a GM let you buy Legal Enforcement Powers alone without Patron or Rank, you're a lone justicar. That means you supply your own equipment, you have no backup, and you'll need to find some way of earning a living while doing so (since you won't be on the department payroll). You can arrest people and take certain actions in the pursuit of justice, but that's it. On the flip side, should you join a police department, that usually qualifies as a Duty, which balances out the cost of Rank+LEP.
>>
>>76052799
Patron doesn't give you other advantages, though it can give you gear, information, ect. You have to buy Legal Enforcement Powers separately.
>>
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: reality.png (1.26 MB, 960x923)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>76056734
>why does everyone have the same set of attributes
oh no
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 1.pdf (39 KB, PDF)
39 KB
39 KB PDF
>>76053560
Rolled:
>Close-Quarters Battle
>Winter Operations
>Businessperson
>Fixer
>Undercover
>Electronics
It was fun statting him out, but I'm still not quite sure who he really is. I tended toward federal security agent from some cold country (canada, sweden, finland?).
>>
>>76052799
>do I have to buy them separately?
Yes, not everyone working with the police department is necessarily a sworn officer. Some are just call receivers, bookeepers, lawyers, or forensics.
>What about Contacts and Allies?
I think this would count as Pulling Rank if you are part of the organization and need a favor. But I don't remember.
>>
>>76056734
What's that about?
>>
>>76047224
That's interesting. I'm not sure I want to limit IQ builds as a whole, rather I'm just trying to keep Magery under control. I know I'll not be allowing Great Haste for example because I wouldn't allow a more physical character to take ATR.

>>76049003
Thank you for pointing that out. Not everyone starts with maxed disad limit but many I see start with at least -40 and we do have a -80 limit.

>>76049588
How does this effect the balance of Magery 3 spells? Obviously at first glance it makes spells as a whole more expensive but I'm also trying to not undercut Magery too heavily either.

I should clarify some on my limitations as is. The 20 points of float can only be applied to the 40 point maximums. So you could get an 80point attribute, two 60s and a 40 or one 60 and two 50s.

We also have a skill limit of 24 non combat skills to emphasize again the importance of building a character in a niche and remaining in it. Combat skills obviously don't count against the limit.

As of right now I use Techniques as written but I'm not using Skill Talents, just Power Talents and those are a prereq for having Powers.

We start at 250 points. I believe this to be most if not all the rules for the campaign as is. Obviously players are allowed to ask for certain things and I try to help make the exact character they want.
>>
>>76053560
>Psy-Ops
>Tactical Driving
>Disease Control
>WILDCARD
>Conspiracies
>Criminal Past
I think mine is weirder. One-time biomaterial smuggler (Tactical Driving, Disease Control, Criminal Past) with a thirst for TRUTH he will go to any lengths to fulfill (Psy-Ops, Conspiracies)?
>>
If you already have GURPS fantasy and so on, is "Dungeon Fantasy RPG" worth a buy, or is it just a waste of money?
>>
>>76059794
I have been wondering where I can get a copy myself. It wasn't on the mega while that was still up and I am not even sure what all is in it.
>>
>>76059850
Same
>>
File: 3042399.jpg (26 KB, 450x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>76058583
I don't see any problems with how powerful Basic Mages can be in [250/-80] campaign, especially with access via Power Talents to Powers for others.
In such situation Basic Mages probably would abuse things like Meta-Spells Linking/Mind Contol/Body Control Colleges and stupidly usefull, but overspecialized spells like Lockmaster/Recover Energy or wear almost always-on Reverse Missiles, especially if they can get some Super-Memorization modular ability slots and ritual- or aspect-limited Magery.
>>
>>76059887
I was specifically looking at all of the stuff from Magic for mages to be able to use, since that covers a much wider list of spells. Do you recommend not allowing Magic and just allowing anything from Basic set with a higher Magery cap instead?
>>
>>76059794
>>76059850
GURPS Fantasy is a genre book. It's meant to help GMs craft their perfect fantasy setting with advice on hitting the right campaign tone, what to keep in mind when building the world, and a handful of fantasy staples you can use as a starting points for filling your setting out. There's almost nothing in terms of mechanics; it's a great little fluff book.

Dungeon Fantasy is it's polar opposite: it's JUST about mechanics and gleefully throws verisimilitude and worldbuilding out the window, focusing near-exclusively on groups of three to five murderhobos diving into a deathtrap, killing everything there, stealing all the stuff that isn't on fire, and selling what they can't use to get fancier swords in time for their their next looting spree. DF is a series of smaller books that you use with Basic Set to run a dungeoncrawl game a'la D&D and older CRPGs. DFRPG is a standalone version with all the essential core rules from Basic bundled in, making it an easy starting point if you're into that sort of game.
>>
File: DFRPG.jpg (1.47 MB, 3118x3255)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>76059982
So pic related is the same as like DF1: Adventurers and just includes Basic rules to allow for new players to enter the genre? So there is really no point to getting the book then if I already have the entire DF series and Basic then, really.
>>
>>76060006
It has some differences (IIRC it has different grappling and collision rules) and nicer template formatting, but for the most part it's just DF stuff packaged for easy consumption.
>>
>>76060006
DF 1 and 2, yeah. The only thing that sets it apart is that it actually has a monster manual. Like, a real one, not "here are half a dozen weird monster types; use the orc racial template if you want to make generic orc cannon fodder."

DFRPG had two stealth errata for existing mechanics that you should be aware of, though. The first is that damage for slams, collisions, and falls got changed; now it's (thrust damage for your ST) + (bonus for your speed, based on the Size and Speed/Range Table), which is a lot easier and a lot more satisfying for characters/monsters that utilize slams. The second is that Very Rapid Healing had it's effect changed to your HP being treated as one bracket higher for the purpose of healing--if you've got 1-19 HP, all healing is doubled as if you had 20+ HP, and if you have 20-29 HP, it's tripled as if you had 30+ HP, etc. The effect is the same for natural healing, but now healing spells and potions are increased as well!
>>
>>76059850
>It wasn't on the mega
I'm pretty sure it was, unless someone uploaded it separately.
Anyway, check the outer temple.
>>
>>76060058
A quick look suggests that grappling was more or less unchanged from Basic--maybe a little clarity added, but no significant overhaul--so maybe you're thinking of Douglas Cole's standalone, Fantastic Dungeon Grappling? That's the one that takes the control points from Technical Grappling but uses them in a **MUCH** simpler system, and the name's close enough that confusing the two is understandable.
>>
>>76060130
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about. It's all kind of merged together in my mind.
>>
>>76060091
Thank you from the first person who asked about it, grabbing it now.
>>
>>76060130
>standalone
Well, it was packaged into the second printing of DFRPG.
>>
>>76060162
Oh nifty, never knew that.
>>
>>76060091
I thought our mega was dead? Not sure what outer temple is though.
>>
>>76060656
Read share thread and learn about multiple progressively obscure ways to get free stuff.
>>
>>76060680
Thanks got it
>>
What happens when cone is applied to a malediction? Do you need to buy 200% malediction and then like 100% cone for a 6 yard width/length cone effect that originates from the caster without getting the normal 1 a yard malediction penalties?
>>
>>76061911
>Work out the range modifier separately for each target within the cone, following the usual rules for Malediction. (Powers, p. 101)

Yep, looks like it. Cone lets you catch multiple targets in one go, but you still need to deal with their range penalties and QCs individually.
>>
>>76061992
Isn't that extremely expensive for something you could instead apply reach C, AoE and Malediction 1 to and get a better and cheaper result (at 220% for an 8 yard AoE vs 300% for a 6 yard cone) to? There has to be a way to model this I am missing or the points value of this is really messed up.
>>
>>76062041
Why would that setup sidestep the range penalty?
>>
>>76062173
PU4-Enhancements has a write up using it, doesn't use range penalties in said write up for malediction. Pages 4-5 if curious.
>>
>>76062173
Upon further inspection I am forced to conclude that if you apply a maximum range value to Malediction either through AoE, Cone or Jet that it would erase the -1 per yard range increments that normally accompany Malediction since it is no longer a ranged attack but rather an area effect.
>>
>>76062258
The rules for Cone in Powers say:
>Work out the range modifier separately for each target within the cone, following the usual rules for Malediction.
Which makes it pretty clear that range penalties apply to cone. Probably best to ask on the SJG forum and see if Kromm or PK will explain it...
>>
>>76062219
It doesn't explicitly mention the penalty, but it doesn't say they avoid it either. Also the examples are all two-yard AoEs, which means that they're never facing a serious penalty in the first place.

>>76062258
You can run it however you want in your game, but FYI that goes against what's established in Powers (>>76061992). AoEs' main strengths are their ability to catch multiple targets in a single attack and generous Scatter rules on a miss/dodge, and letting them also sidestep Malediction penalties for free is going to throw power building off a bit.
>>
is a horse an ally
>>
File: AoEMalediction.jpg (60 KB, 1180x270)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>76062378
>>76062395
The reason I say that is otherwise the writeup in PU4 doesn't really make any sense and also pic related is PK's response to similar question. Honestly I am legit just confused AF because there seems to be a published precedent for both.
>>
>>76062410
If you pay points for it
>>
>>76062439
It seems pretty explicit that the rules do mean AoE is strictly better than Cone, so long as you have Selective Area, which is still cheaper than just Cone. I guess it's just an unexpected screw-up in rules balance as a result of merging things which weren't anticipated when the Basic Set was written. Feel free to fix it in either direction with a house rule.
>>
>>76063399
Are we sure that the line on Powers 101 isn't referring to Cones with the dissipation limitation? Either way I will try and posit this question on the official forums today to hopefully get a RAI response from Kromm or PK as some others have suggested. This is really not internally consistent and I believe either needs errata or some form of clarification.
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 2.pdf (38 KB, PDF)
38 KB
38 KB PDF
>>76053560
>Countersurveillance
>Silent Killing
>Tradecraft
>Computer Intrusion
>Social Engineering
>Survival
Some sort of techy spy/assassin?
I still have 15 points to spend on him but I wasn't entirely sure which direction to take (improve his lacky combat skills or the good sneaking/electronics skills?) so I just left it. Checking Action 2, the BAD penalty can be quite harsh so I'd probably improve his hacking skills, maybe getting Rank or Contact to get access to nice facilities.
>>
>>76053560
>**WILDCARD**
>Armory
>Pistolero
>Tradecraft
>**WILDCARD**
>Conspiracies
At first I had a conspiracy nut geek in mind but he seemd too skilled for that (pistolero + tradecraft) so he ended up as yet another federal agent.
I merged Armory with Wildcard, and used the second Wildcard to give Gunslinger and improve his Pistolero skill set.
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 3.pdf (38 KB, PDF)
38 KB
38 KB PDF
>>76067444
I'm beginning to suspect i suffer from Absent-Mindedness IRL
>>
File: roller.png (49 KB, 819x775)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>76053560
I was little bored and made that table roller for my lazy players, so you can get your gacha operatives faster
>tinyurl/GURPSGACHA
>>
How many points would a veteran Tau Fire Warrior be?
>>
>>76067749
Do you mind sharing that anon? I always like to see how people do their formulas for generators in Excel so I can learn.
>>
>>76019688
Was no recovery key kept? I'm a mega user and I have a recovery key that protects against this.
>>
Wish me luck, running my first GURPS game in 15 years tonight.
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 4.pdf (37 KB, PDF)
37 KB
37 KB PDF
>>76053560
>Infantry Training
>Space Operations
>Escape and Evasion
>Negotiator
>**WILDCARD**
>Close-Quarters Battle
I imagine this guy as a sort of military guy trained for crisis negotiation.
About the build itself, I used some setting assumptions from Transhuman Space to polish this character because of Space Operations.
For one, instead of a wildcard I bought Alpha Upgrade "racial" template, using the discretionary point budget from BAT to pay the difference. One change that I debated myself if I should really make or not but end up doing is to merge the Resistant to Disease from Alpha and Immunity to Space Sickness into Resistant to Sickness. It takes away the complete immunity against Space Sickness but on the other hand it frees up 3 points and makes the character resistant against a bunch of other syndromes.
Pyramid #3/15 suggests adding 50 points to Action characters when using THS setting because of the many advantages those characters should have (eg wealth, status, ai ally, implants etc) but I decided to keep point total unchanged for this time.

By the way, does anybody have any pictures of what THS describes as Assault Pods?

>>76067749
Very nice, thanks! I'll use it next time.

>>76069877
Follow the tinyurl shortcut and download from google docs.
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (72 KB, 901x478)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>lifted an 70lb dumbbell from the ground to over my head in 1 second, had my friend time it and everything
I have 18 strength, and yet nobody comments on my strength like the game says they would. How to improve charisma irl?
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 5.pdf (34 KB, PDF)
34 KB
34 KB PDF
>>76053560
>Star Rank:***
>Celebrity: Rock Star
>Urban Assault
>Explosive Ordinance Disposal
I'll be honest, I had no idea what to make out of this.
To enhance what I already got from Rock Star (Appearance and Voice), I picked up Femme Fatale with the discretionary points so I suppose she's some sort of investigator that can plant explosives? I don't know man...
>>
>>76062410
Depending on the game a horse can be property bought with cash (most games), an ally bought with CP, a Patron or a Dependent.
>>
File: GURPS Gacha 6.pdf (33 KB, PDF)
33 KB
33 KB PDF
>>76053560
>Star Rank:***
>Area Security
>Linguist
>Parkour
I see a well travelled traceur here, the area security is a little off but how knows, maybe it's his day job.
Alright, that's enough characters even for my autism, I'm done for now.
>>
>>76070200
I've got the recovery key, but it doesn't give me an option to use it. Literally just 'resend email' as the only choice when I try and log in.
>>
>eggplant didn't post today
b-bros
>>
>>76071063
But did you do it without physical effort or exertion? Were you using the Lifting skill?
>>
>>76073856
stop sucking off this attention hungry patreon d&d fag
I wish not only eggplant but all other bloggers would get a trip so I could filter them
>>
>>76041352
If I were to go this route. How long would the triggered effect last for? Is there a limitation to set a time limit on an otherwise "always on" ability?
>>
>>76073990
I mean, it takes a bit of effort but I can do it reliably with no warmup or jerking. It's overall a very smooth motion.

But let's say I'm using the Lifting skill. With 15 strength, I could reliably pull it off with Lifting 20. According to the book that's still Amazing, drawing constant comment, and yet here I am with no comments and no gf.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of Power Ups 9? I only have up to 8.
>>
First Gurps game in 15 years.

Players had fun, highlight was the players fighting/capturing a small demon in a china shop. The players tried to net it while it threw plates and cups at the players.

Now the players know there someone trying to summon stuff in the city, and they are hunting it down.
>>
>>76074808
Trigger lasts for 1 minute after the condition is met. There's no cooldown though, so you'd be able to do it back to back endlessly
>>
When are you going to take the HTMLpill, /GURPSgen/?
>>
>>76076620
The outer temple
>>
>>76077140
Thanks anon
>>
How do I do giant mechas in GURPS?
>>
>>76077263
Grups Mecha, its was made for 3rd edition, I can throw it up on the Outer temple if you want it
>>
>>76077263
3e (must be converted to 4e): GURPS Vehicles (or the simplified GURPS Mecha)
4e: GURPS Spaceships volumes 1 and 4, plus Mecha Operations (in Pyramid vol. 3 no. 40)
>>
>>76077263
Modular Mecha, Pyramid 3/51
>>
>>76077263
In addition to what the other Anon's said, there's scaled up power armor from Cyberme (Pyramid #3/20) as well as just building it as a character and taking it as an ally.
>>
File: rammstein-show-9010451.jpg (283 KB, 1000x666)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>76071510
ex-cop, who right now is someone like Rammstein (or any other pyrotechnics heavy rock group) frontman
>>
>>76077306
I put it up in the outer temple BTW
>>
can you target afflictions at more lightly armored body parts to bypass the "DR applies to resistance roll" effect?
>>
>>76078974
Yes, you can.
>>
>>76078974
>Selective, +20%
And you can target hit locations as usual
>>
What's the difference between "Pyramid Dungeon Collection" and "Pyramid Dungeon Fantasy Collected"?
>>
>>76079145
Pyramid Dungeon Collection is from Pyramid Vol 1 and 2, PDFC is all Volume 3.
>>
i love gurps
>>
>>76079334
Same
>>
>>76079334
I LOVE SORCERY
>>
>>76079392
hi eggplant
>>
>>76076811
Keep us updated on your adventures. Always happy to hear from an active group.
>>
File: 1582377333063.png (793 KB, 750x530)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
Had fun today

>From up the halls, comes the sound of a clomping, harrumphing, unruly gait making its way towards you. The feet tromp hard on the stone, metal clacking into the fine hard material in a rhythm. An ungainly breathing can be heard as well, almost a snorting, as if the man holding the breaths struggled to overtake some meaty part of himself as he exerted. Then, with a clearly audible BRAP of flatulence, and a short number of steps until he appears, comes the dwarf Lord, Kurgdzt Bells

Adelaide sits there with a sigh as the man even -sounds- repulsive. The very aura of him seems to pollute the room and she sets down the coffee. Pondering for a moment smoking simply so she won't smell him

The dwarf arrives somewhat out of breath, adorned in armored boots, a skirt of leather studded with hooked metal barbs, a flowing silk shirt open to his red-haired and sweating chest framed by his prodigious woven beard studded with more hooked brass. He labors to breathe like a man run a marathon, and eyes you all with red-edged orbs and a nervous frown. He stomps two more steps forward, one-hand adjusting his skirt, and the other taking the hunk of cheese (meant to be shaved to crackers) in one pudgy blackened fist. He takes a greasy-toothed bite, chews with his mouth half open, and sweeps the room with his gaze, considering you all.

Lizzie Potgieter relaxes a bit. She'd been self-conscious of her boorish manners in this fine mansion, but seeing this?

Ian:"Good morning, Sir Bells, thank you for...slotting me in at such late notice." He stood briefly, and was about to offer a hand, but thought better of it, not wanting to have to clean cheese out of his gloves for the next week
>>
>>76079926
Kurgdzt grunts to the statement, turns, and slides closed a pocket door of heavy wood with a BAM. He trundles over to the other doorway, grunting and choking down his cheese, and closes the other
"Fine lot you are, taking the low road to get here. Spent nearly a full day waiting" grunt, squelch. He wipes crumbs of the half pound of sharp parmesan from his white moustache, and trundles round the table to the windows

Adelaide :"If I'd realized what charming company awaited me I'd have rushed, Sir."

Ian harumphs in order to stop himself from laughing

The dwarf laughs like a braying ass, and happily points one greasy hand to Adelaide with a wide grin: "I struggle each day in the sunlight, you know. The brightness, the penetrating heat of it. The lances of fire you call sunlight, BAH." he spits, and something not-cheese sticks to the stone wall, and does not slide down, defying gravity. The dwarf lord shutters and draws curtains over the windows, until you are in the room only by electric lights from the candelabras. He finally sits, with a short struggle to fit between seat-arms

Elysia :"Life is full of struggle as always. I only hope we can relieve you of at least one of them today."

Adelaide nods to him, rising to help with the curtains when she understands what he's doing. "I can imagine. I hope you are well today."

The dwarf settles in the chair, and purses his lips, the flesh sticking out pink and black between his red beard jammed against the table, and his white moustache draped overtop. He scratches idly at one ear, digs something loose with a pop, and flicks it into the wall where it splats

Kurgdzt: "I want, the head of the Phantom thief, on a fucking stick"
>>
>>76070372
What was your old game like?
>>
File: dcss gods.png (19 KB, 219x188)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
in the game Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, there are different gods you can choose to worship, which grant your character new abilities as you climb the tiers of piety by taking actions your god approves of, with the potential of stripped of your abilities and even excommunicated if you take actions your god disavows.
how to represent a similar system in GURPS? right now i'm just thinking that each god be represented as a different Power with the Divine modifier (with an appropriate vow/disadvantage depending on the god) and with Abilities appropriate to the god in question, with the associated Talent being renamed "[god name] Piety" but i'm pretty shaky on Powers in general and also may be missing a better way to represent this mechanic.
>>
>>76074920
Possibly Lifting ST 15 (probably above your actual ST thanks to Special Exercises), high Lifting skill (mid-teens) and an equipment bonus? GURPS to real-world lifting is always a bit off.
Still, it's no small feat. You should be pretty built if you can do that. Are you fat and/or a manlet? If not, you should be getting comments, or at least some 'mirin.
>>
>>76080717
Powers - Divine Favor?
>>
Hey folks, does anyone have all the DF books in one comprehensive booklet?

It'd make my job a lot easier because I won't have to sift through 7 different DF books just to find something that I need
>>
does GCS have some option for custom hit locations?
>>
>>76080778
>7
>>
>>76079307
Thanks
>>
File: comedian.jpg (400 KB, 1339x2000)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>76019264
Players asked to make next campaign campaign "sorta dark superhero/anti-hero campaign, u know The Punisher, Kick-Ass, The Boys, Marvel Civil War where normies with guns and small caliber supers kick eachother asses".
Any suggestions on how to run such game?
[180/-60] is fine as base?
Separating points into pools - good idea?
>"Normie: up to 45% in attributes, up to 30% in advantages, up to 70% in skills"
>"Super: up to 60% in attributes, up to 70% in advantages, up to 30% in skills"
Any advices about "Powers Arms Control"? i.e. "Power can't deal more damage than AR (7d)" or "DR can't be tougher than Advanced Body Armour (DR 35)"?
>>
If I have Sense of Duty (Humanity), do I need to help everyone I meet or I can ignore them as long as I continue to protect humanity as a whole?
>>
>>76083129
You should strive to help every human you can, but you can be rational about it. It's a 15 points disadvantage, it shouldn't be more troublesome than other 15 pointers like CoH (Chivalry).
>>
>>76083129
In Modern World you probably can ignore when one guy stole bike from other guy, but if it's Fantasy World and orc stole bike from human you should react.
And of course there some dependancy on how much your SOD costs — for [-15] — you should react on almost any related situation while for [-5] — you would skip some situations, because you chillin' with bros right now.
>>
>>76080538
I had a active group till I moved 15 years ago, we played both fantasy and the last campaign was Transhuman Space. (Had to double check that it really that old).

Players asked for something "Twin Peaks/Xfiles" style game, So they are getting a modern day small town were there is a "wizard" summoning demons, which are actually aliens from a small ship that landed.
>>
So we can agree the SJWs are the reason we lost the MEGA?
>>
File: Sorcerer.jpg (164 KB, 774x1040)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
redpill me on ritual path magic
>>
>>76082862
Most of those examples seem like they would be at least Action levels. Kick-ass is a fucking chump, but Big Daddy and Hitgirl are scary. Most of the watchmen are pretty fucking competent. I've only seen half of season one of the boys, but the supers seem fairly powerful and Karl Urban is at least Action level.
Powers arms control is probably best done with case-by-case negotiation. Any simple set of rules will have loopholes which are easily exploited. I suggest adding an Unusual Background tax to borderline cases. You will need to limit mundane characters a bit too; 80 points in guns and ridiculous social advantages characters can be just as abusive as supers.
>>
So should I read ALL the splats to know whats available and be able to pick and choose what to use for my setting or go to my local deli and pick up a sandwich
>>
>>76083833
Like all freeform stuff, it is massively dependent on everyone around the table cooperating in getting the flavour and balance right, and respecting other characters niches. Really sucks to play a mundane medic when the caster can just magic damage away, for example.
Some details about gathering power cause issues in a setting where:
>mages are anything like common
>magic doesn't completely rewrite society
>you care about things making sense
If all of those are true, RPM is going to cause issues. Specifically, drawing power from land is an incredibly easy way to fuck up places, and with a large number of volunteers you can pull shit that solitary casters only dream of. I suggest restricting voluntary sacrifice to HP only and removing Natural Energy entirely. Possibly allow spells which draw energy from people and places and store it for use with other spells instead; that at least means putting some time and effort into setting it up and gives people a chance to stop you.
>>
File: .gif (120 KB, 85x85)
120 KB
120 KB GIF
>>76019264
So, dunno if anybody already has done and shared this, but here is my module for Fantasy Grounds, containing all Basic Set skills, which I, as a total retard, compiled almost entirely manually.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03659614890305765402
>>
File: anon-alright-h1jIIiP.png (73 KB, 583x241)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>76084062
>>
>>76083899
both at the same time or you're a coward
>>
Well, this guy is supposed to be for Karilan but after giving him the essential stuff there were not many points to make him particularly Karilan-like.
Anyway, he's a religious knight from New Aventus, patrolling the streets close to the border with Meshnarz.
>>
how do you go about determining stats for monsters?
i have no idea how to determine how strong an ettercap is or how agile a golem is
>>
File: Untitled.png (155 KB, 337x893)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>76089179
>>
File: ZC5Dkji.jpg (137 KB, 1080x1666)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
Modular Ability (Cosmic) [10/Point] (Written Literacy (Native [3]) Only [-50%]) for a total of [15] looks kosher, but how should I deal with the limitation that the character can only read, but not write in other languages? Add a [-25%] limitation?
>>
>>76089179
Space and Template Toolkit 2 have some useful advice. Comparing to existing profiles works too; there's an absolute shit-ton of things with GURPS stats, so you'll rarely have absolutely nothing to go on.
I stick pretty tightly to ST and HP based on mass. If the creature is noted for feats of strength, I'll usually add one of Arm ST, Lifting ST or Striking ST (often with one attack only, usually a bite).
DX typically ranges from 8 to 14. Start at 10, add 1-2 if it's a quadruped (or something else with naturally good balance), add something like half or a third of SM (so big things are a bit clumsier and small ones a bit more agile), adjust by 1-2 depending on feel.
IQ is pretty simple. Creepy crawlies get 1, reptiles get 2, 3 if they are notably smart (monitors, crocs), mammals get 3 if they are dumb, 4 if normal, 5 if really smart, 6 if they are almost sentient, birds are the same as mammals, fish are 2-4. Sentient races go from 7 (absolute fucking retards) to 12 (big brains). Inscrutable alien intelligences start at 15 and go up to about 20, at which point it's pretty meaningless.
HT is 9 if it is meant to be super delicate, 10 if mediocre, 11 for normal wild animals or tough sentients, up to 13 for incredibly tough bastards, like badgers.
Most land animals can get up to about Move 10-15, usually with Enhanced Move. Big animals have lower base move, more Enhanced Move. Slow animals and humanoids just get their basic speed.
DR is 1-2 for thick hide, 3-4 for hard scales, 5-6 for thick shell or bone plates. Multiply by HP/10 to adjust for size.
Traits are just whatever makes sense.
>>
>>76090428
MA (Cosmic), only for One-Way Literacy perk.
>>
>>76090428
Languages only is -50% according to Powers (p. 64), so only written languages and you have to put all your points into one block seems like it should be worth more. Alternatively, use the modular ability design rules from powers, although I think it will turn out similar.
Only being able to read and not write seems like a limitation on the granted advantage, not on the modular ability trait itself. 'Receive only' is -50% for telecommunication and I think that is probably valid for other communication traits.
So the final build probably looks something like:
Modular Ability (Cosmic) 2 points (only to buy written languages at native level with the receive only limitation, -65%) [7]
Alternatively Modular Ability (Weird Linguistic Thing) 1 slot, short list of traits (languages) (only written and with the receive only limitation, -50%) [2], 2 points (only written etc. -50%) [5]
That does seem kind of cheap, getting most of the utility of buying a long list of languages (written only) for a fraction of the cost. I'd be inclined to slap an Unusual Background (incredibly optimal ability) tax on it.
Another option is Unusual Background (Omnilingual) from Supers, with Receive Only (-50%) and Written Only (not sure if this should be -20% as for a 'half the time' accessibility or -50% as per the cost of buying a language) for [12] or [8] (twice that for alien languages as well).
>>
>>76090549
>One-Way Literacy perk

>>76091099
>Omnilingual from Supers

Thanks, there's always something more to learn.
>>
So my friend talked me into making a Fighting Game campaign. Going pretty well so far, I've got a system down to quickly pump out combat styles from Martial Arts and techniques to replicate the specials, plus a Meter to burn to do supers that resets between fights. Is there anything else that I should try and add?
>>
>>76093004
That's actually really interesting. Mind pastebinning what you've got?
>>
>>76093061
The styles thing is just
>pick at least three skills that fit
>Say, Piloting, Brawling, and Gunner for a kid piloting a Zangief sized mech
>Those are required skills
>Build specials using Powers
>Those specials require the Style

And Meter I got online from here: https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2018/10/emulating-fighting-games-in-gurps.html?m=1
>>
>>76077019
Fuck that. A game as autistic as GURPS deserves homebrews written in an autistic word processor as well.

LaTeX.
>>
>>76093208
This. Imagine manually typesetting each skill or ability when you can just write hundreds of custom macros to do it automagically.
>>
Is GURPS community Pozzed and filled with SJWs compared to DnD or is it a safe-haven for normal human beings
>>
>>76019264
What are the differences between the GURPS editions? Are some objectively better than others? Should I stick with the latest edition, or does it not really matter?
>>
>>76093888
GURPS editions are iterative improvements. Every time they make a new edition, they just tweak and add to what they had rather than rebuilding everything form the ground up and slapping the same name on it. Go with 4e.

That being said, there are a number of very good splats for 3e that're worth reading. It's easy to use them in 4e, since a lot of what makes them great is the non-mechanics stuff--worldbuilding for fictitious settings, historical info for real-world areas and time periods, stuff like that--and since 3e and 4e are so similar, what crunch is there can be easily converted. The only crunchy book they haven't re-done for 4e is Vehicles, which IMO is very understandable.
>>
>>76093661
Avoid the discord

Embrace traditionalism
>>
File: Dofresh 1.pdf (37 KB, PDF)
37 KB
37 KB PDF
Character for TL (2+7)^ setting based on the awesome artwork by Dofresh:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xGDX2
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0GOxw
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Ykkd3

As for the world, I'm imagining something like the Gerontomachia micro-setting from Portal Realms. "a world of ancient, powerful supernatural forces, with pockets of stability where civilizations can emerge." Each of these pockets would serve as the equivalent of city-state and fight (or unite) for hegemony. Instead of interplanetary travel, their "spaceships" serves to travel across these inhospitable areas in the world itself.
The mecha here is from Cyberme, nothing special beside renaming it. Pulling from Transhuman Space (and Five Star Stories), I also gave him an "AI" ally, which would be something more magical like a daemon. The Divine Favor is there for flavor, because you can't make greek hero without a patron god.
>>
A character recently revealed a traumatizing encounter with a shadowy monster in his past, And he reacts extremely aggressively and fearful towards anything to do with it. I was considering letting him pick a disadvantage, Would phobia be acceptable? The fear of the creature is not really irrational, But his actions in response to it could be. The monster is very rare in universe, But it will show up again in this campaign as a mandatory fight, and the campaign is short, so would -10 be fine if phobia is the right option?
>>
A little left fielder. Making a character using Snatcher (with Permanent). Any solid touchstones to draw from, besides Bioshock's use? Looking for creative usage ideas.
>>
>>76096521
If they can met that monster only in that mandatory boss fight and then never again it's just a quirk.
If those monster free roaming in the world, and he can stumble on them it's probably worth -5 if there usually one-two reported encounter in several years, or -10 if there one-two reported encounters in year.
>>
>>76093661
One of our next major supplements is called GURPS Furries.
>>
>>76093661
Compared to D&D, it's absolutely based and redpilled. Nevertheless, nowhere is safe from the pozzed and they are present in our community as they are everywhere.
>>
>>76093661
GURPS community (if I have to judge by the kind of players I'm getting) are equal parts trad a-polytical nerds, 19th century soc-libs and ultra-reactionary skinny girls who can't stop themselves from posting in /pol/.
With a sample-size of 30, I think I'm covering a full 50% of all GURPS players ever, so I am very confident in my conclusions.
>>
>>76100417
>ultra-reactionary skinny girls who can't stop themselves from posting in /pol/.
ASL?
Actually sounds terrible because /pol/ is generally shit and someone who wastes their time there instead of realising this and doing more productive things to retvrn to tradition is doing something wrong.
>>
Is there an existing framework for an advantage that can produce an infinite ammount of "packaged" Afflictions for other people to use?
I'm trying to make an alchemist-like character, and so far I have come up with:
Modular Ability (Afflictions Only, Alchemical, Physical, Potions (small, fragile Gadget that can be stolen), Melee C) but I'd like to make it more modular and disposable if possible.
>>
>>76100481
Take a look at gourmet alchemy in Pyramid #3-105.
>>
what is the best "discrete spell list" magic system?
>>
File: baskets.jpg (20 KB, 1000x294)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>76019264
>Suggestions for alternative takedown-resistant cloud storage very welcome at this point.

DESU we could try again with Mega but not put all eggs in one basket. Separate logins for different things (one for Pyramid, one for 3e, one for 4e techs, one for 4e magics...) so that if they do get targeted it's hopefully not all at once.

It would be less convenient (need to change logins to grab different files) but maybe that would logically reduce casual use enough to incentivize purchases for more people and SJ would be less likely to go after them?
>>
>>76022687
>>1/6th duration, Only after target leaves the area, -15%

>>76022920
>"Only when the target leaves the area" does not affect the limitation value, so you can just drop it if you want.

There is no way in hell you should get the full -15% discount for 1/6 duration if you're not applying that reduced duration 100% of the time.

If you want to have situations where ENHANCEMENTS don't apply while still paying full-price for that enhancement, that's perfectly fine, but if you're mitigating a limitation then that limitation should not give you the full standard discount.

In the case of PU4p4 the standard value of Reduced Duration 1/60 is -35% (per PU8p16) and "Only after the target leaves the area" reduces that to -30%.

They fudged this (no 'under the hood' provided) as there isn't really any precedent for this 5% or 1/7 difference.

>>76022810
> they have to roll for it every second while they are in the aura, so it's easier to say that if they fail to resist they hallucinate until they leave

It's easier but technically wrong.

1/6 duration means MoV*10 seconds instead of MoV*60 seconds.

It's entirely possible that with MoV1 that your target might just barely fail, and then pass his next 10 rolls, meaning he could be free of the effects of your aura while in the area.
>>
>>76103312
>It's easier but technically wrong.
And? Sometimes you need to have a thing be playable instead of hyper-focusing on RAW. Rolling a QC for every dude in the AoE every turn is a waste of time, unfun, and adds nothing to the game; the chance of someone losing the QC, sticking around in the aura, and then at minimum winning the next ten QCs in a row to avoid refreshing the duration is small enough you can safely ignore it.

If you absolutely have to, you're free to roll that QC, but my sympathies go out to your players because that's a good deal of time wasted for no real gain just to satisfy your lust for RAW.
>>
>>76101817
Path and Book.
>Relatively short list but with good variety.
>Flavourful mechanics.
>No game breaking shit (as far as I know).
>Magic has a distinct niche, doesn't intrude too much on others.
>Non-magical characters can help with rituals.
>>
>>76026132
Kromm is retconning here, P106 only says you can't take reliable for RANGED attacks, there's nothing at all there saying you can't take it for MELEE attacks (eg to get a bonus to hit, since you can't take Accurate on Innate Attack : Melee C)

So taking reliable on "Touch-based Malediction" attacks (eg: Neutralize/Possession) should be entirely possible.

It should also be possible if you could take Malediction+100% Melee -35% on an Affliction but I don't know if there's examples of that.

Melee's pricing assumes something is using the standard speed/range table so maybe that should only be allowed if you buy Malediction +150%.

>>76062439
the problem with PK's fudging is basically that AE+Emanation / Cone / Melee Attack are things meant to be used as standalone changes to ranged attacks. They were not designed to be used together, and if you want to do that then there should be pricing changes.

>>76103717
> Sometimes you need to have a thing be playable instead of hyper-focusing on RAW. Rolling a QC for every dude in the AoE every turn is a waste of time, unfun, and adds nothing to the game; the chance of someone losing the QC, sticking around in the aura, and then at minimum winning the next ten QCs in a row to avoid refreshing the duration is small enough you can safely ignore it.

How small that chance is depends on the attacker's skill.

Resistible attacks don't work at all (the target doesn't even roll to resist) unless there is a MoS to begin with: the initial roll MUST succeed.

This isn't something you can take for granted with low skill: 3s happen 1/216 of time, not 1/60 much less 1/10.

It's plausible a weak-willed person (Will3) using Aura of Power just doesn't get another success before duration expires.

Even if he did, getting a MoV might've been a fluke: maybe the HT 17 guy rolled a rare 18: not likely to coincide w/ a rare success again.
>>
>>76104362
>the initial roll MUST succeed.
Incorrect. Quick contests, like those caused by Malediction, can be won even if your roll fails: "Each competitor attempts his success roll. If one succeeds and the other fails, the winner is obvious. If both succeed, the winner is the one with the largest margin of success; if both fail, the winner is the one with the smallest margin of failure" (p. B348).

And you know what, why not, if you're ever in an instance where it's a ambulatory bottle of paste with Will 3 dropping and aura on a superhuman with Will/HT 17, sure, fucking roll every turn. In this very specific and rare-bordering-on-impossible scenario, something interesting could happen, so a roll is warranted. That's still not a justification for why you need to stop the game for a minute every round to re-do a dozen contests of my character's 13 Will vs the 11 Will of the goblin pack I've already affected, just on the off chance that one of them may win the contest ten times in a row.

Your argument that the QC must take place despite it having no practical effect on the game seems incredibly strange to me. It's the equivalent of requiring a Driving roll at +10 to start a car instead of just saying "You turn the key in the ignition and the engine rumbles awake." I just do not see what benefit you could be getting out of it. It's one thing to require the five-year-old with effective Driving-2 to roll vs a 12 to start a car, but it's another to demand the character with Driving-11 to roll vs a 21 to start the thing.
>>
>>76104362
Aura is built as a Ranged, C melee attack into Aura and I have seen many forum comments about applying Reliable to Malediction.

PK has also commented on AE not being affected by malediction area degradation at least twice and his answer is as official as it gets. The rules are fuzzy on it, and it is never explicitly stated anywhere that it does or does not degrade with area effect, other than on page 413 of basic where the rules cover how dissipation works in conjunction with these. Using innate attacks as analogues would state that PK is correct, as damage doesn't degrade without dissipation either. It also makes more sense for many of their write ups on abilities if this is the case, otherwise many write-ups make no sense and Cone attacks are even worse than they are currently.
>>
>>76105959
>The rules are fuzzy on it, and it is never explicitly stated anywhere that it does or does not degrade with area effect
From page 101 of Powers, and also mentioned earlier in this thread. "Work out the range modifier separately for each target within the cone, following the usual rules for Malediction" seems pretty clear for how area effects interact with Malediction range modifiers.
>>
>>76106094
The problem is that if this isn't referring to dissipation cone effect then Cone is so bad as to be literally useless.

Instead you should use Area Effect, Emanation and Selective. This combo passes the cost efficiency per yard of Cone in every case and it's 360 degrees around you too.

Basically, unless that paragraph refers to Dissipation + Cone only GURPS shit's all over it's own math and builds become pretty fucking retarded.
>>
Can you learn how to socialize for real by reading GURPS Social Engineering? Are the rules applicable to real life? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>76108266
Don't let critfails bring you down, and don't let crit success go to your head.
>>
>>76100623
Thanks bud.
That article even has references to every other Alchemy written previously, very useful.
>>
>>76108266
It's certainly going to be better advice (and a better read) than any popular self-help book.
>>
>>76081309
If you have the PDFs, you could stitch them together using a ilovepdf or something equivalent.
>>
>>76108266
They aren't completely stupid, but they obviously abstract a lot of the detail.
If you're looking for a crash course in social skills, I suggest Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss, which is mostly about negotiating but is built around the simple core of paying attention to other people, figuring out their thinking, and building trust.

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=AF458A837E75BB25E18040C82950FD9B
>>
A blacksmith (in a modern day setting, if its relevant) that makes weapons needs both Smith and Armoury (Melee Weapons), right? When should either be used?
>>
How should I price a "Can't Merge" limitation for Duplication?
>>
>>76111223
You do not need any skill apart from Armoury to make weapons. That said, any competent modern blacksmith should have Smith (Iron) and Machinist and they can function as complementary skills.
>>
>>76111372
I believe that only being able to use an ability once is usually 1/5 value, but I don't remember where the rule is.
Alternatively, consider an Ally.
>>
>>76111553
No, he still wants to create duplicates, he just doesn't want them to merge back. It's a supers campaign and he wants to be a "sentient military squad" (sic). Essentially, a hivemind squad. One scenario he explained to me to help me understand it is "I want to be able to walk one of myselves into a room to check for explosives, and when he blows up, I want to be able to create another one to replace him."
>>
>>76111603
Summonable Allies?
>>
>>76111673
Oh, right. Thanks, Anon, I'll take a look.
>>
>>76111603
That seems less like 'can't merge' and more like 'merge back into the original instead of dying'. By default dupes aren't replaceable.
>>
File: New Archive.png (369 KB, 733x164)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
I've started a replacement archive.
So far as I can tell, out issues with the previous ones were:
>people shared the link in places they shouldn't and automated bots submitted takedown requests
>too many people logging on to the account triggered Mega's automatic alert that the password seemed to be compromised
>changing the password and recovering the account was impossible due to the email provider that I used going out of business

To combat some of these issues, I've opened a mega account with a less fly-by-night email, created a shortened URL instead of a plaintext link, and put it in a format which should be difficult for a bot to read but easy for a human.
At the moment my 3rd edition folder is too incomplete and disorganised to be worth uploading, but hopefully someone has a better one and we can share logon information soon to allow it the archive to be completed.
Anyway, here's the address.
>>
File: EB50TTfXsAENiAg.png (528 KB, 1091x1200)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>76111943
Nice work but where's the link, anon?
>>
>>76112029
Colorblinds go home.
>>
>>76112029
It's fnordfnordfnordfnordfnordfnordfnordfnordfnord, fellow human anon.
>>
I want to try GURPS but I dont want to read all these splats to know what fits best for my setting
>>
File: 1560251362536.png (125 KB, 458x333)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>76112089
Then just use Basic.
>>
>>76112089
1. Use Basic
2. Use Basic + whatever is obviously relevant, like Low-Tech in a pseudo-medieval fantasy game
3. Ask us what splats to use; we're all NEETs that know too much about GURPS anyway, and it'd be nice for someone to benefit from that
>>
File: GURPS sales pitch spiel.png (191 KB, 1350x2312)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>76112157
>NEETs
*autists
>>
>>76112375
why are you reading your handbook on a fucking super nintendo
>>
>>76112392
why are you reading your handbook in a fucking blurry mess
>>
>>76112412
Now compare readability of pixel-perfect fonts in the gui vs the mess that is your pdf screenshot.
>>
>>76112089
What do you wanna make?
>>
You know, I'd really love to play in an air combat game/campaign. I never had the occasion to try that
>>
>>76112766

1. A FFXV style Roadtrip adventure. Players drive around a car in a typical fantasy world that has advanced to modern technology. As countries aim to expand there kingdoms the planet seems to fight back by making the monsters stronger and angrier causing expansion to the wilds to be slowed and a expensive result. The players drive a car around taking up quests. Killing some monsters and maybe they'll catch a movie in the local theatre if there near a city. If not probably camp out.

Typical stuff like guns and magic as well although magic is gathered from making deals with entities
>>
>>76112927
Basic can cover all of that easily, assuming you want the "Fantasy" parts to be more standard than Final Fantasy specifically.
>>
>>76112412

I have a 0.2325 mm x 0.2325 mm pixel pitch. Maybe it's time to upgrade from an 18" 640x480 monitor
>>
File: Toms-V2- (204).jpg (705 KB, 666x941)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
I wanna make a day zero zombie adventure, what books should I use besides basic/high tech/zombies
>>
i don't get gurps. it prides itself on being universal, but there has been no game i couldn't run with d&d 5e...its not a program no need to follow code its just imagination so reflavor classes & mechanics ... i dont need to know about g tolerance or multipliers or whatever just a d20 and sheet of paper is all you need !
>>
>>76114997
If you want to reflavor it every time you switch genres and you're fine with the extra work you're making for no reason, then yeah you can use anything to run anything else.

GURPS takes the work out of having to reflavor classes, races, mechanics, and everything else by just having nearly anything you could ever want to use already made and ready to go. All you have to do is pick out the parts you want to use and go. By the time you're familiar with the system you could do the entire process in an hour or less and character creation almost as fast
>>
>>76114729
some of the action books could be handy depending on the vibe you're going for
>>
>>76114729
Gun fu and tactical shooting

possibly biotech too
>>
>>76114997
i think you are posting in bad faith
>>
>>76114729
Maybe Action, but those three really should cover all necessary bases. Only add Action if you want your PCs to be complete badasses; if none of the PCs could've been portrayed by 1980s-era Schwarzenegger, Action may be too over-the-top.

>>76112927
The Final Fantasy reference has me worried a bit. It's pretty easy to mix the supernatural with guns, but mixing guns and swords FF-style can be tricky in GURPS; the system aims at being more-or-less realistic, and guns are obviously superior to swords IRL, so there's an inherent "imbalance" you'd need to overcome. If all you want is dudes in cars with guns fighting magic monsters, you're good to go, that combo is easy, but swords+modern guns is much more difficult. Could you clarify what you're leaning more towards?

Regardless, magic being gathered from deals with the supernatural can take the form of Pact limitations on Magery, the Assisting Spirits optional rules from GURPS: Thaumatology, buying entities as Patrons/Allies and having them do the "casting," or more radical options. I'd recommend giving Thaumatology a once-over to see if anything jumps out at you.

>>76112778
There are a few different takes on running aerial dogfights in GURPS. You can repurpose the Chase rules from Action 2, or you can use the rules for abstract or tactical pseudo-atmospheric combat from Spaceships 7. There's the fan e-zine Path of Cunning, which has an article with its own approach that IIRC is sort of a mix between Spaceships and Action.
>>
What are your thoughts on this ability /Gurpsgen/

Dodge recovery
Healing 30 points {Fatigue only -50% Reduced FP costX1 +20% Emergencies only -30% Trigger (common when this character succeeds an acrobatic dodge -20%) (self only -20%)
Total cost 6 points

my goal is to make an ability that allows a player taking the risk of acrobatic dodging to restore their FP if they succeed. Is there anything you'd do different, do you feel this ability is too powerful when weighed against feverish defense?
>>
>>76115728
Fp is healed at a 1 to 1 rate, the reduced FP cost makes the first point free and they could increase the modifier by 20% per each level of reduced cost they take correct?
>>
>>76115728
Healing takes a Concentrate maneuver and an IQ roll, right? That doesn't seem too bad for 6 points. Using it to maintain Feverish Defense is a waste--I'll just spend my turns taking All-Out Defense (Dodge) for +2 instead of rolling IQ to regain an FP that I then spend on getting +2 to Dodge--but if you've got a bunch of FP-powered abilities like chi skills and 1 FP spells, it'd be a good "breather" maneuver between flurries of expenditures.
>>
>>76115864
Yes it does take an IQ roll, so it would eat their next turn. If I wanted to tack "reduced time" at the 1st level on here +20% that would still keep it at a -80% reduction leaving it at 6 points but allowing the character to use this outside of their own turn. I "Think" this sounds ok but I'm still new to gurps combat and my players haven't really started using the extra effort rules to their full effect yet.
>>
>>76115728
You probably need Reduced Time or Reflexive as Healing need maneuver for use, if you need to recover right after dodge.
And, IIRC how Trigger works: after first successful dodge you can freely use your ability for 1 minute. So you can slap Accessibility (1 sec right after successful acrobatic dodge), -55% [Trigger, -20% plus Reduced Duration 1/60,-35%]
>>
File: 1574821203437.png (612 KB, 521x521)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
>>76116192
>7611
That's a really useful formula for out of turn trigger abilities thank you so much.
>>
>>76116192
what book is trigger in?
>>
>>76116566
Basic P 115.
>>
>>76115242
Is there a good way to make melee somewhat on par with guns? Specifically in a high tech high character point cyberpunk themed game
>>
>>76117855
Allow Weapon Master, allow Precognitive Parry.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.