[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Tell me, /tg/, does your setting have pizza?
>>
>>73481428
Most of my settings do, yes. On the topic of food, I love having there be copious amounts of food available. The world might be in danger, but that doesn't mean our heroes are going to go hungry!
>>
File: driedfruit.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1500)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
I only let my players eat dried fruit and drink water from wells. Every time my players go to a market or a stall, the vendor only sells dried fruit. None of them have ever questioned me about it, they just accept it and buy a generous amount of dried mangoes for the journey.
>>
>>73481428
Yes and no. Tomatoes are a rare plant, but open cheese tarts with caramelised onions have been discussed. They also have turnover pastries with gravy, meat and sometimes cheese in them... So I suppose the calzone is represented.
>>
File: pizza.png (117 KB, 400x383)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>73481428
In a techno-fantasy setting game I was in, a gnoll chef sought grandmaster-and-beyond skill in the art. She managed to once make a pizza that sated a corrupted cannibal's urge to kill and eat.
>>
>>73481428
Yes.
>>
>>73481428
No, no it does not
>>
I feel like "pizza" breaks immersion a bit too much but I'll throw a calzone in every now and then. It's just not called a calzone, it's called a "Meat and Cheese pastry" or some variation thereof in whatever dialect the food vendor is from.
>>
>>73481428
You can put anything on a flatbread. Some people do cheese and tomato sauce. Some people put other things on it. But, yes, basically.
>>
>>73481428
Sort of a mix of bread bowls, pizza and a salad; to be more exact. One of the nations is a mixture of Mediterranean cultures and has some of the biggest trading hubs in the world.
>>
>>73481428
It would make sense for there to be similar flatbreads around. After doing some basic reading there are signs of similar types of bread found back several thousand years. Mind you there probably wouldn't be tomato based toppings.
>>
>>73481428
I've posted about my "worldpie" setting before. My setting doesn't HAVE pizza. My setting IS pizza.
>>
>>73481428
Not really.

There's some pizza-like food but it's more like bread with toppings than an actual pizza.
>>
>>73481716
Mommy DM wants her PCs to get plenty of fiber.
>>
>>73481428
"Pizza" is such a broad category of food that any setting almost certainly has it in some form.
>>
>>73481428
I'd order from Sandringham Devito's Imperial Pizza any day.
>>
>>73482528
I used to bake cookies for my players too
>>
File: Za.png (348 KB, 423x295)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>73481428
The pizzamancers, or pizzards, hold a monopoly on the pizza industry
>>
>>73481428
Sobriety Dallylama, is that you?
>>
>>73481428
Yes, the villains are trying to push pineapple pizza onto thousands of innocents.
>>
>>73481428
IT DOES NOW
>>
File: nznSjS9.jpg (171 KB, 793x783)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>73481428
I don't have enough of a setting in the first place to know whether or not pizza is a thing in it, and that saddens me.
>>
>>73481428
Yes, but it's the Italian kind not the American kind.
>>
>>73481428
Ethnically Dragonborn flat breads with olive paste, goat cheese, and small crunchy lizards or spicy cured meats. A favorite staple on the peninsula of warring Dragon Born clans & city states who have been in perpetual rivalry and warfare with one another since the shattering of their empire.

A nice mix of warring states Italy and warring states Japan in aesthetic.
>>
File: the pizza knight.jpg (18 KB, 280x393)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>73481428
I never used it but I posted it here a long time ago. It was a medieval version of the infinite pizza SCP but with a cursed spin.
I think I can rework it a little.

Discopanni
A city that was cursed a long time ago as punishment against a glutton governor.
The inhabtants keep the curse a secret from outsiders.

In the center of the town there's a statue of a man wearing a smooth helmet and standing in front of a small stool with wheels and a handle. On his hands is a box that has a lid on it.
The statue can not be moved nor damaged, appearing to be protected by some sort of magic.
When a person opens the box it will allways contain a disk shaped, baked bread with a mixture of different foods and spices on top of it, cut in eight slices.
The mixture will always be perfect to the taste of the person that opened the box.
If the person eats from this round bread, from that point forward it will be the only food source able to feed that person. Attemps to eat anything else will end up in terrible injuries and intoxication, as if the person had eaten poisoned glass shards.
The person will be able to eat only the round bread from the box. It is also safe to eat breads taken from the box by another person, even if the flavor given to them is unpleasent.
With every single time the box is opened by a person the mixture of ingredients and flavor will decrease in quality, from pleasent to dull, to spoiled till after a certain number of attemps it will start to be a mixture of rotten food, maggots, dirt or other unspeakable things.
For some reason, despite looking and tasting foul, the bread will still be safe to eat, but some people can die out of being unable to eat the disgusting produce of the box.

To escape their fate the people of the town bring in outsiders and make them open the box, in order to be able to have access to new, less horrifying flavors, but sometimes they are unble to keep the outsiders from tasting the cursed bread.
>>
>>73482335
Explain oh prince.
>>
File: u71-pizza.jpg (169 KB, 500x682)
169 KB
169 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.