[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Wakfu.jpg (956 KB, 1713x2500)
956 KB
956 KB JPG
The last thread hit the bump limit, and "WakfuFaguette" said in >>73349283 that they might have more for us on Wednesday, so I waited until today to make a new one.

Previous Thread: >>73152224

Kickstarter Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ankamaanimations/wakfu-the-animated-series-season-4

Only four days left for those interested in donating. The secret bonus episode is still in reach...

>What are your favorite and least favorite pieces of Wakfu lore and why?

>Last time I asked what your favorite class was and why, anyone want to repeat it? Again, I like Xelors, because time magic.

>What about your "least" favorite class?

>For those of you who have seen the Season 4 trailer, what did you like/dislike about it? What are your Season 4 hopes?
>>
If the man himself is here I got a few questions about Enutrof. I've been working mainly off the translation done by another anon, but cross-checking the untranslated one several things don't line up.

For example the Reserve portion of Greedy. I've written it up as follows
>Enutrof characters have two unique pools, Reserve and Budget. The Enutrof begins the game with a Reserve value of 0. A Reserve score of 0 represents that the Enutrof has just enough kamas in their personal stash to feel comfortable about their wealth. The Enutrof can manipulate their Reserve value by Depositing or Withdrawing Kamas from their stash. The number of Kamas necessary to change the Reserve value is equal to 250 Kamas multiplied by the more extreme value of the Reserve. For instance, an Enutrof with a Reserve value of 5 withdraws 5 x 250 (1250) Kamas dropping Reserve to 4, whereas an Enutrof with a Reserve value of -3 must stash 3 x 250 (750) Kamas in order to increase their Reserve value to -2. The Enutrof gains a damage bonus or penalty equal to the Reserve value. The Reserve value cannot exceed the level of the Enutrof.

As you can see I've had to change the math (because previously it didn't make any sense, despite the intent seemingly coming across), but I wanted to make sure that this was the intent of the rule.
My wording is probably cumbersome as fuck, but let me know if you can understand it at least.

As for the Drheller/Phoreur, as I understand it, the creature is purely fluff and the class trait is there to explain prospecting/Drhellerzerker/Phorzerker?
>>
File: iop.jpg (343 KB, 922x1200)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
YWN have a brainless but valiant Iop waifu who can princess carry your fat ass without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>73376860
>>73378980
Why do certain classes tend to be drawn towards each other, like picture related and Cra, for example? Does anyone know the reason why?
>>
File: 930.gif (2.08 MB, 400x900)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB GIF
>>73376860

> TFW you are the Goddess of Bows, perky tits and DAT GAP.

More seriously, French-Can anon here, was working on the Sacrieur translation, haven't made much headway since the weekend, but I should be posting it tomorrow afternoon/evening (EST)
>>
>>73379086
Probably just standard writing procedure. Iops are dumb melee fighters who can give as good as they get if not better, and Cras are proud ranged fighters who are most powerful when they have someone in between them and the pain.
>>
>>73378922

The Reserve can exceed the character's Level, but the bonus or malus given by it cannot exceed it. So a low level Enutrof could actually end up in a huge debt spiral to farm bonuses in early fights, but would be much more limited in its bonuses at higher levels.

Otherwise I think your translation makes more sense than mine, I had done it so that you have a Current Reserve and a Set Reserve, and it was the difference between the two that got counted as the bonus.
>>
>>73376860
>As for the Drheller/Phoreur, as I understand it, the creature is purely fluff and the class trait is there to explain prospecting/Drhellerzerker/Phorzerker?

Yup. Initially I thought somewhere you'd find some rules to direct it as a pet, but it exists entirely to resolve and be a target of powers and spells.
>>
>>73376860
>wakfu thread is back
Thank you Jesus for this food.
>>
File: 880.gif (1.71 MB, 200x113)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>73379575

Yeah, seems like this thread and Mecha Monday are pretty much the only wholesome places left on /tg/.
>>
>>73376860
This is a Bumpfag thread.
>>
>>73379688
>This is a Bumpfag thread

> /tg/ getting shit done for the first time in eons.
> "Ya'll BUMPFAGS!"

Big brains right here folks.
>>
File: Enutrof Test.pdf (1.65 MB, PDF)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PDF
I've changed up some of the formatting slightly for eventual compilation of all the classes into one document. Gonna need to "acquire" photoshop or something to edit Ankama's fucking images so one CSS rule will work for all the images, because, in typical FUCKING Ankama fashion they don't have a standardised resolution for their class background images. The CSS mask gradient also didn't render well unfortunately, so that's another thing I'll have to edit in manually.

>>73379457
>>73379492
Ahh okay. I changed that stuff, thanks for the clarification. Though I'd hesitate to call what I'm doing translation, as without the already translated documents as reference I'd be hopelessly lost.
>>
>>73379652
>>73379245
So, that's the goddess Cra? Does anyone have any art and/or gifs of the other gods of the World of Twelve?
>>
File: DQH1_KKVwAAl1VO.jpg (1.84 MB, 4000x2102)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>73382213
They all feature in the mobile game Krosmaga if you need a lead on where to look.
>>
>>73378922
Banned for yet another hour or so. He will post tommorow morning. It was improvised shit, like v.0.

Dhreller-wise, the idea is that they are an explanation for their powers. Probably some abilities will transform Dhrellers into proper summon-like class abilities, probably lvl 6 stuff.

Have you tried e-mailing wakfufaguette@gmail.com? He will also post links to Googdrive in a few hours. Peace.
>>
>>73383189
He also says he got Sram done.
>>
>>73380052
>W-We're getting shit done
>P-Please donate to the kickstarter!
Go away shill
>>
>>73382326
I didn't even know that there WAS a mobile game.
>>
>>73383225
Those are 2 different things. We are (slowly) making a TTRPG based on a mix of Dofus / Wakfu the MMO / Wakfu the anime. It is getting shit done.

Perhaps you'd rather one of the multiple /pol/ bait threads. So many quality threads:
> Corp. bend knee.
> Why are /tg/ hobbies dominated by white males?
> Female space marines when
> What should we do to improve [A certain diverse retro video game that is /tg/ now /tg/ cuz reasons] even tho no one here will program our ideas in?
> filename threads whose filenames/subjects aren't even /tg/.

But hey, you do you. Your comment, even if saged, caused me to bump. So thanks.
>>
File: FinisherSacrieur.gif (5 MB, 638x545)
5 MB
5 MB GIF
>>73382213

Yes.

>>73383225

Not OP, and no.
>>
>>73378980
Why does that sword have an eye?
>>
File: Rubilax_petit_(grand).png (91 KB, 500x500)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>73384860

It's a shushu, a demon bound into a physical object and watched over by a guardian knight (usually a Iop it seems). Pic related is their real form, and if the guardian isnt careful, the demon will take over him and possess him.
>>
>>73385471
idk how well known this is but pretty much every name in wakfu is either a pun or a word backwards
rubilax for instance gives skalibur phonetically backwards, iop comes from pois (meaning pea, as in peabrains), cra is arc (bow) backwards, same goes for kabrok (from corbac, slang for crow), enutrof, etc...
>>
>>73384412
Maybe I should give the game another go. I haven't played since they added Eliotropes. I fucking love the combat in that game but there's just nothing to really do in it.
>>
>>73385471
>if the guardian isnt careful, the demon will take over him and possess him.
That's the reason Shushu are usually trusted to Iops. They're literally too stupid to be corrupted or manipulated into freeing it.
>>
>>73385567

Yeah, every name in the World of Twelve (except that one I guess) is either a pun or simply a nonsensical infantile word in French... Like dofus, wakfu or boufbowl (gobbowl in French)....
>>
>>73385697
>That's the reason Shushu are usually trusted to Iops. They're literally too stupid to be corrupted or manipulated into freeing it

Does that mean Percidal is above average intelligence for a Iop? Shiiiiit.
>>
I'm back! Bringing the Sram with me (pic related).

Anyone with the link can comment. Sram:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lfWvojmgb49tH8Asxm94NoDJlLb5QK-dH5k28da5zkM/edit?usp=sharing

Crâ
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XO5Kt_LPOwIpeRzWDLsfanrTmr1eQey-zW_NN7cWUiM/edit?usp=sharing

Féca
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S1pdTM-yC-f5eVf_Q22WaxUs4-8o_lSPSBBbgQo6p30/edit?usp=sharing

Féca
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qHi0ue1HptqR9BVzS2YNgcQLhEM0xO1IQ07ZCW4sPr8/edit?usp=sharing

Écaflip
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T9sYHsh1fo7AeGs2Bi23RhIg7H9JJUQkZNRiVW-v60Q/edit?usp=sharing

Now the important stuff. >>73376860
> Lore
I would do away with the term "human". When literal aliens (Eliothropes) and plant life (Sadida, female) look more human than Osamodas, it is shoehorning RL references in for no benefit. I am absolutely in love with the idea of greater nations (Bonta, Brakmar...) competing with themselves while still preserving an homeland for each specie (Sadida Kingdom).

> Fav Class
There's like half a dozen I really like, but Iop takes the lead. Courage, Steadfastness, Heroism and Simplicity.

> Hated Class
Pandawa. I hate Pandas, drunks, monks and cheap references to Star Wars. It was made for me to spite.

> Season 4
I have not even seen Season 3. Quilby (or whatever it is spelled) was such an uncompelling villain compared to Nox that I kinda lost interest.
>>
>>73382326
I thought Ecaflip was a big fat cat with four arms and fat lips.
>>
>>73385567
Fairly well known, but I can't figure out most of them. I hadn't even realized the Rubilax thing.
>>
>>73378922
> Reserve
Okay, to begin, you're using in the ability description a much better term than it's actual name: I feel the term "Stash" would be more accurate. Likewise, "Économe" should be "Saver" or "Trifty". The point being that this class ability may push the PC to greed, there are often better ways for one to get rich.

As for the mechanic behind it, you're on point. Maybe we should add a note that an Enutrof who ends a combat with a negative budget, not enough money to cover it, and whose stash is maxed into the negative, runs an I.O.U. that must be covered by Stash when it does level up.

> Drheller
Okay, first, who is that Doctor Heller? What kind of a name is that for a Phoreur?

Drhellers and the Osamoda's GobGob are purely fluff elements that explain their masters' abilities... until they're not. And when finally they gain stats, they gain the ability to be K.O.'d. And when K.O.'d, the character loses the ability they had fluff-wise. I'll have to review the Drheller (and every move for that matter) because Enutrof was maybe the first class I created back then, and may very well be weaker than the other classes. Especially since it is the one whose actions have the most influence over itself on long term, I might be more generous on Spending (Fire) attacks.

>>73380491
That is very appealing aesthetically. I'll try to feed you more. Maybe in a week or two (more likely two) we'll have enough materials to make the barest of test plays.

> 13 classes (12 base+rogue)
> Set of "Neutral Powers" like "Basic Attack", "Spend an Healing Surge to act out of initiative at the cost of your next turn", "Enhance an Ally's attack" (Which help bypass DR) and "Heroic Self-Sacrifice"
> A few base monsters (Minions, e.g. Gobball)
> Templates that upgrade them to regular monsters / Elite monsters / Boss Mobs
> Weapons / Armor enhancements' point buy system.
> Basic skill system.
>>
File: france.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>73386213
>I have not even seen Season 3. Quilby (or whatever it is spelled) was such an uncompelling villain compared to Nox that I kinda lost interest.

Aww, but you get all that French classiness.
>>
>>73386429
Yeah and Sadida's an insane horny tiki man. It looks like that picture's just a combination of gods and regular races.
>>
>>73386510
What's the context here?
>>
File: france2.gif (2.6 MB, 480x270)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>73387925
That five year old girl is trying to bait the fat old Pandawa into spanking her.
>>
>>73388137
I take it that he did? XD Do you have any more funny gifs, please?
>>
>>73379575
Yeah, this thread is like manna from heaven.
>>
File: 53d.jpg (127 KB, 606x561)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>73386468
>Okay, first, who is that Doctor Heller? What kind of a name is that for a Phoreur?

I know, right? It's the only French to English name that annoys me. Gobbowl sounds better than BoufBowl, at least...

>That is very appealing aesthetically

It looks gorgeous, right? If this is the look of the finished product and we can grind at this a couple more weeks/months, we'll have an absolute gem in our hands.

>> A few base monsters (Minions, e.g. Gobball)

That's something I might be able to help with. I'll upload the Sacrieur translation later this afternoon/evening, and I was planning on doing the weapons list afterward... ?

>I have not even seen Season 3

It gets a bit better toward the end. And there's the glimpse of adult Elely which makes up a bit for it. And Lady Echo.
>>
File: 5f6.png (354 KB, 1280x720)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>73386468

Hey, a bit curious here, what do you mean by Affaiblie, and what kind of save is this?

Tattou du chat
Amélioration : Si le joueur améliore ce sort au lieu d’apprendre un autre sort de rencontre, sur une touche
l’attaque inflige l’état Affaibli jusqu’à ce qu’elle sauvegarde (50% des dommages).

And bump I guess.
>>
>>73392239
> Drheller
I think it was meant as literal a translation as they could. Forreur > Driller. Note that I didn't care for english terms when I first made those 3+ years ago.

> It looks gorgeous, right? If this is the look of the finished product and we can grind at this a couple more weeks/months, we'll have an absolute gem in our hands.
You're in luck. Main PC died this very afternoon, my downtime productivity is through the roof (and it means part of it will feed this "project"). And since I posted in the previous thread all documents I had, I can just redownload them on this laptop then translate them. I should do Osamodas next.

> That's something I might be able to help with. I'll upload the Sacrieur translation later this afternoon/evening, and I was planning on doing the weapons list afterward... ?
Okay... good idea. I'm just asking for one thing. "Rapide" needs to be translated to "quick" as the Sram abuses that weapon's keyword.

>>73393502
> Affaibli:
Literally the "Weakened" status from D&D 4th. Damage you inflict, after weaknesses and resistances, is divided by 2.

> Kinds of Save
There is no "kinds" of saves, as per D&D 3.5 or 5th. Saves are all made as [d20, no mod: 11+ Success.]. What we'll have fun with, but the original system never had, is that certain characters will have bonuses and inflict penalties on saves against specific Status Effects. Furthermore, I intend to have completely customizable "equipment enchantments". Each item level, the item has a budget. Spend it on effects like "+X damage 1 preselected element", "+X damage 2 preselected elements", "+1 Action Point after an extended rest", "+X Accuracy", "+X Critical Range", "Effects with saves you inflict have -1 penalty, max -5", etc.

When making an item past a certain level (probably around 6), there will be a cap on the part of that budget that can go into a single bonus.
>>
>>73393502
> Tattou du chat
> Amélioration : Si le joueur améliore ce sort au lieu d’apprendre un autre sort de rencontre, sur une touche l’attaque inflige l’état Affaibli jusqu’à ce qu’elle sauvegarde (50% des dommages).

Tattoo of the Cat
Upgrade: Instead of picking a new encounter encounter power, the Sacrier may upgrade this power. The first time it does, on a Hit, the target is Weakened (Save Ends).
Note: The "Weakened" status reduce all damage you inflict, after weaknesses and resistances, to be reduced by half.

I need to revisit Sacrier. One of the things I really want for this game is the ability to upgrade powers you already have so that they can keep up with higher level powers, and that character can keep lower level ones they really like without crippling themselves. And Tier 1 (level 1-5) and 2 (level 6-10) encounter&daily powers need two possible upgrades.
>>
>>73395760
> Note: The "Weakened" status reduce all damage you inflict, after weaknesses and resistances, to be reduced by half.
Fuck

> Note: The "Weakened" status reduce all damage you inflict, after weaknesses and resistances, by half.
>>
>>73392239
>>73393502
A few more things you may want to know:
> ALL attacks, even basic attacks, will be linked to an element. Some very special cases, like self-inflicted damage and collision damage, will have untyped damage, bypassing all elemental weakness and resistances.
>> Basic attacks will use the best stat mod. and deal damage of the weapon's best elemental damage bonus, regardless of the total elemental damage bonuses the character has. On a tie, when the weapon is created, the creator chooses one of the damage types tied.

> Attack rolls are all d20+Stat Mod+Half level (rounded down)+Mod.

> There are 4 defenses.
>> Block (AC) should, by default, be highest, or tied, as it takes the best stat and may be increased by the 1-handed weapons' option to carry a shield (+2 Block).
>> Phys. resist. takes the best stat modifier between Str and Vit.
>> Dodge takes the best stat modifier between Agi and Int.
>> Magical Resist. takes the best stat mod between Will and Courage.

> Characters will have natural Elemental Resistances and Weaknesses. The stat mod linked to each element (Exemple: Iops' Courage's mod to Fire) is applied as a base Damage Resistance to that element. Then, the lowest stat mod NOT linked becomes the 4th element's resistance or weakness.
>> Note that it is possible for a linked stat to give a greater weakness to its element than the lowest non-linked stat to the non-linked element.
>> E.G. Iop character drops Strength (linked to Earth) to 7+1 (Racial bonus) and, with the extra points, bring all un-linked stats, even its Intelligence, to 10. That Iop would have a natural weakness to Earth damage while being neutral against Water damage.

> Unarmed attacks will benefit from enchantments the character has on one weapon of its choice, and will deal damage typed accordingly. If the character has more than one weapon, it may switch what set of enchantment applies at the beginning of each of its rounds.
>>
>>73376860

Bump!
>>
>>73378980
What's with the eye on the sword?
>>
>>73398845

See >>73385471
>>
>>73399083
Can't believe that I missed that.
>>
File: 11 year old boomper.png (21 KB, 636x773)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>73401716
>Can't believe that I missed that.
>>
>>73401716
explain to me why it took you fucking hours to comment that nothing comment, you shit.
>>
>>73376860
Okay, feedback time please. Osamodas basic mechanic:
> Osamodas can capture non-humanoid, non-dragon, living creatures as a standard action. To prevent capture cutting encounters short, monsters get +5 to its defenses against capture if at 50+% HP, and +2 if at 25%+ HP.
> Captured creatures' defenses are replaced and generic BUT keep up. Their attacks' roll and damage are replaced BUT keep up. The rest (Damage Resistances / Weaknesses, Attack Ranges, extra effects, areas...) is untouched. This is done to reduce bookkeeping.
> Osamodas have the ability to turn into a Dragon form. When they do, they fly and ignore difficult terrain.
> Osamodas powers have a Dominator ability which causes its pet to attack or bolster its own attack if in Dragon Form.

Nevermind powers being the Sadidas. I just use previous classes as templates when building new ones.
>>
>>73402643
Thanks, what's next on the agenda?
>>
>>73402656
Finishing the Osamodas, obviously.

I think I'll do Rogue then. Always loved that class. Or weapon / armor enchantment. I know I'm not done mulling over that last one. Point-buy enchants ;)
>>
>>73402656
>>73402718
I'm told that this mulling over thing comes from the issue not being resolved. It just haunts you, and it is excellent incentives to get back to writing.

And it may be a placebo effect, it does work. It gets a lot of attention while I'm at work and stave off boredom.
>>
>>73402643
Can someone please post the pdfs from the last thread in here?
>>
File: le-corbeau-noir.jpg (434 KB, 1600x1200)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>73376860
I like Osamodas because of the pokemon mechanics in the wakfu mmo

Don't like Eliotropes because they look like fucking juggalos.
>>
>>73402643
Great work, anon.
Wakfu Osamodas is getting a rework soon-ish, but I hope it'll stay close enough so that this will still fit, right now we only know that capturing monsters will only change the summon's appearance, but it'll get generic stats and spells (modifiable by passives)
>>
File: bakara2.jpg (258 KB, 1600x906)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
That secret OVA better be about Huppermages. Even Eliotropes got more development than the faction with a godlike supercomputer.
>>
>>73404231
Be what you want to see in others. Link to the thread in the OP.

>>73406385
Thanks for the kind words. Frankly, I couldn't care less about what the MMO is currently doing. From the moment they went F2P and pestered me for boost by having icons in my screen at all times, it was dead to me.

And, for context, I used to pay 3 subscription cuz' Québec hours were dead on French servers. Heck, my main PC has three screens for 2 reasons, this trio of characters being one.

But hey, any feedback is appreciated.

>>73404342
Since you love the Osamodas, help a brother, reply to >>73402643 with criticism, ideas and things you would like to see the class have?

I mostly played Sacrier, Iop, Enutrof, Eniripsa and Rogue myself, so I might have a bit of trouble capturing the essence of the Osamodas.
>>
>>73385896
Tristepin is indeed smarter, craftier and more introspective than the vast majority of Iops. It's just that most of the time means he's smarter, craftier and more introspective than a loaf of bread. Plus, even that extra brain power is kinda wasted as he by and large defaults to the standard Iopish response to things.
Which, given who he actually is, makes sense.
Iops in general are certain that thinking only leads to trouble. Though there are notable exceptions, obviously.
>>
>>73407127
Thinking too much leads to doubt, indecision and inaction. Sometimes you just need to DO.

And just like that, the Iop passive just changed. Gotta shoehorn the "Iop-Brained" ability that gives an initiative bonus, attack bonus and damage bonus on the first round as long as you attack the closest or biggest foe.

Thanks. Continue maintaining this information. Feed me lore, teach me stereotypes you know off.
>>
File: Image Test.pdf (7.21 MB, PDF)
7.21 MB
7.21 MB PDF
Nearly done with Enutrof. Check out this document though, I have Sadida at the bottom, and I'm trying a Odd->Image Right, Even->Image Left type deal for eventual compilation, but I'm a bit worried about readability and flipping the images. If the sides alternate the images have to be flipped unfortunately, as the forward facing character being faded looks mega weird.

I'm trying out some new CSS rules on the powers, let me know what you prefer or what you'd like to see.
>>
>>73408443
This is awesome and all, but I keep saying there are touch-ups required, standardizing wordings, etc. Aren't you gold-plating a work in progress?
>>
>>73408443
>>73409909
Better keep motivation up and avoid having to do hard work and awesome aesthetic when it'll make a bit more sense. Here's what we need to do before graphical appearance. (Note: This presumes your process don't create a very easy to use copy-paste template)

> Finish Osamodas
> Translate Sacrier
> Translate Eniripsa
> Translate Xelor
> Translate Iop
> Create Rogue
> Create Pandawan
> Revise Standards so that classes all contribute somewhat when not created by complete idiots.
> Test classes (I'll need you guys on this) against 3 types of encounters each.
> Progress each class 5 more levels.
> Repeat three previous steps until lvl 30.
> THEN Aesthetics.
>>
Y'all doing great work, please keep at it at a pace that works for you, please don't burn out or stress out
>>
>>73376860
Wakfu is up there with 40K on setting that has potential for almost every kind of videogames and stories imaginable and never ever getting outside its area of comfort.
>>
>>73410178
Telling you man, actual feedback, ideas on how to improve, what you really like about the different classes or even about the lore helps a lot. Like I said, one of the previous comments about Iop philosophy alone caused me to modify that class so that it helps generate the stereotypes we love.

I learned a while ago that burnouts, in hobby terms, can be eschewed with force of will and some mind tricks I play on myself. Helped me run campaigns to their end, often well over a year old. But actual feedback, and I mean not just kissing my ass but the result of your brain at work, really helps.

So go through what translation and new work I made. If something sounds wrong, ask questions about it. Ask for my reasoning. The idea that someone else's mind is interested enough to try and understand and suggest ways to improve upon it helps.

I would never have gotten into it if in the previous thread, some anon didn't go "This Enutrof class is awesome and I'm translating the shit outta it". And there you go, I gave you the way to mind control me.
>>
BTW, you guys should have Osamodas before 5 PM EST. Got a small one-hour-or-so contract this afternoon, but I only got 2 daily powers left to create.
>>
File: 003.jpg (128 KB, 595x998)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>73376860
Probably
>All this time there was a magic university with a magic super computer that huppermages used to make an entire island float
>>
File: 2017-12-26-18-07-31.gif (3.75 MB, 658x462)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB GIF
>>73410670
>I would never have gotten into it if in the previous thread, some anon didn't go "This Enutrof class is awesome and I'm translating the shit outta it".

Man I'm so glad I wrote that comment, then. I still love the class btw. There's just something about a literal gold farming class who also happens to be pretty strong in combat that's so fucking wholesome. Usually farming classes are obvious handicaps to the party. An Enutrof is so fucking useful however, he'll never just sit back to provide some bonus to the loot roll afterwards.

As for me, sorry about being late with the Sacrieur stuff. I'm doing this mostly while at work, so I cang predict how much I can actually grind at it. But it's also the reason why I cant see myself burning out on this project, as long as there is a few other anons pushing it. It's something I can do to pass the time during the quiet hours.

BTW I can probably look into writing up something about Pandawan. I've started playing Dofus Touch so I guess I could use that as a sort of abilities template?
>>
>>73411889
> Man I'm so glad I wrote that comment, then. I still love the class btw.
Really glad to hear that.

> As for me, sorry about being late with the Sacrieur stuff. I'm doing this mostly while at work, so I cang predict how much I can actually grind at it.
Not a problem. Got so much to do anyways, it's not like I have to wait around for it.

> BTW I can probably look into writing up something about Pandawan. I've started playing Dofus Touch so I guess I could use that as a sort of abilities template?
Awesome. Here's what I have on Pandawas right now:
> Tank, must have an ability that dissuades the GM from attacking your friends when "Picking a Fight". ("Picking a Fight" only means you're not protected by other tanks' tanking ability)
> Healer, Not!Alcohol based. Healing uses the Fire element as Not!Alcohol is linked to body heat, hot tempers, inflamability, etc. Racial encounter ability, like the Eniripsa, Sadida and Ecaflip's, must allow, as a minor action, the target to spend an healing surge and recover it's worth of HP with a thematically themed bonus.
> They use barrels of Not!Alcohol to control the battlefield a bit.

That's it. I don't even think the original Pandawan healed with its Fire Element, but I want the different Healers to fit with as different an elemental combination as I can. To the point I'm considering making Ecaflips Fire / Water / Air so its Fleas can heal with the Air elements, carried by the wind.
>>
Aaaaaaaand...

Osamodas basis finished. I had a bit of fun when I noticed that two base attacks had references to the crow family of species, so I used their names and added Raven to the pile.

Then, names came rather quickly and easily. Broken record: Any feedback appreciated.
>>
>>73412438
And a sneak Peak on the Rogue. It is a mouthful.

> All Skills:
Rogues, an off-shoot of the Srams, eschewed the divine magic granted to them for the practicalities of the real world. As a result, technically, their own powers aren’t linked to them the same way it would other species. As an encounter begins, the Rogue may lend one use of its powers with the “Lendable” keyword to each of his allies. That power must not be spent, that use of that power is not available to the Rogue (At-will may be lent freely) as if already spent, and, when used, it uses either the Rogue’s Stat. Mod. -2 or the ally’s stat, whichever is best.
Most Rogues’ fire attacks have the “Bomb” keyword. When such a power is used, it places a bomb in the middle of the target area. Then the Rogue puts 1 to 4 Tokens, his choice, on that spot, and remove 1 at the beginning of each of its turn on all the bombs he has. When removing the last token, the attack is fully resolved.
Bombs also have a damaging ability before they detonate. If, a bomb overlaps on 3 squares with 2 other bombs in an explosion 1 area, those 3 “explosion 1” areas become a Firewall zone. A firewall zone deals Int. Mod. Fire Damage to all creatures which enter one of its squares or begin its turn in it.
Finally, bombs may be attacked. All its defenses are 6. It has 1 HP, is immune to air, water and earth damage from sources not the Rogue as well as zones. Area attacks, like another bomb’s detonation, affect it normally. If a bomb is K.O.’d, it triggers immediately.

>Banditry:
Rogues know how to take advantage of an enemy’s (victim) fears. Every time a target is damaged by a Rogue power or a Firewall effect, that target gains a Coward Token. Every time a Rogue damage a target with one or more Coward Tokens, he deals [tier]d6 extra damage. Creatures with Coward Tokens gain a penalty of 2 to Hit Rogues. Each creature loses a Coward Token at the start of their turn.
>>
>>73413208
> Ever Ready:
Rogues constantly replenish their arsenal, and as a result, carry a little bit extra. When in a skill challenge, the first time the Rogue uses Acrobatics or (Athletics to climb), it may add his Agility Modifier to the result. Likewise, the first time it uses Intimidation, he may add his Courage Modifier and the first time he uses Thievery, his Intelligence modifier. Furthermore, Rogues carry extra explosives able to blow from impressive boulders twice as tall as the Rogue (Tier 1), to sundering mountains in two (Tier 6).
>>
>>73413208
> Coward Token
I should state explicitely that they're Fear effects. This way, Osamodas can remove them.
>>
>>73409909
>>73410049
>Aren't you gold-plating a work in progress?
Sort of. Most of the visual stuff is easily replaced template, and work done on the general look of the document won't be lost. You can see the empty spell block at the end of the document in >>73380491 it's just a couple of HTML tags styled with CSS.

You do have a good point though, as most of my time making these is taken up rewriting stuff in that vaguely officiating tone common to rulebooks. I can try to translate something but no promises on quality.

>>73413208
I don't know what you have planned for the bombs, but I always found that by the time my turn had rolled around again, the perfect opportunity to detonate them had come and gone. Depending on the damage they do it might be broken but some sort of reaction detonation might be cool?
>>
File: workspace.png (1.79 MB, 2470x1295)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>73414265
Whoops, forgot to post this. As you can see the work done on appearance won't be lost, as CSS styles the HTML tags.
>>
>>73386213
>I would do away with the term human
But anon, they are all human save for Eliatropes. They’re all born as perfectly classless humans, and their appearances shift from there depending on which god they decide to worship.
>>
Eliotropes are supreme.
>>
>>73406488
Also apparently Huppermages rule Bonta even though that was never mentioned before the movie ? Before, Bonta was always said to have a king.
>>
>>73414592
Hugo, in the anime, was called explicitely a human, looks identical to a human, and is as alien as a character can be. The Sadida are literally plants. And I refuse to accept the Crâ's ears, nor the Osamoda's everything, to be from a faith-induced metamorphosis.

But, hey, as long as I'm not stuck in your game, you do you.

>>73414265
Don't worry about quality, you'll save me a decent amount of time if all I have to worry about is rewording. Plus, you might find things that were poorly thought out. Having someone to actually read and pay attention will always help.

> Depending on the damage they do it might be broken but some sort of reaction detonation might be cool?
I never had a problem using bombs in PvE (although I mostly used bombs to create overlapping firewalls). But there is no true PvE when a GM is involved, and great minds think alike!

Enjoy!
>>
>>73414317
That is VERY nice. So yeah, you can copy-paste stuff in it, so use it as you see fit. Seeing what the end result might look like might draw people in.
>>
>>73414804
>Hugo, in the anime, was called explicitely a human, looks identical to a human, and is as alien as a character can be
The word «human» seems to be used as a catch-all term for «human-like sentient being» in that context.

>The Sadida are literally plants. And I refuse to accept the Crâ's ears, nor the Osamoda's everything, to be from a faith-induced metamorphosis.

I’m only repeating what Ankama themselves said. It’s literally the official canon lore.
>>
>>73414941
> It’s literally the official canon lore.
> Pandawa
> Ecaflip
> Osamodas
> Class-change in either games doesn't exist, while changing object of worship should be relatively easy.
> In the anime, all instances I recall of reproduction had children share one of their parents' specie.
> No reference to a change of faith or class in the anime.

Star Wars 7-9 are official canon, and Yuuzhan Vong were scrubbed. I'll agree as to not mention origins of those classes at all, other than, if applicable, Rogues being off-shoot of the Sram and Zobals of the Sadida, so that players may do as they see fit.

But yeah, I'd remove the very concept of Human from the World of 12s.
>>
>>73415063
Your soul picks your family in the world of 12 so Cra will almost always go to Cra parents and so on.
>>
>>73415282
> There's no way I can continue this exchange without getting banned for acting full /pol/
K. Thanks for the bumps.
>>
>>73415370
I'm new to these threads and that previous post was my first one but is this guy always such a retard?
>>
>>73415439
A very productive retard, yes. Since the last thread, all the OC you'll find is either me, or derivative from my work. Even storing on a dummy google account (WakfuFaguette@gmail.com).

Rest of the thread are discussions about the lewd source material, discussion about whether we're shilling for the anime or not, and repeating questions about very basic elements of the lore.

I hope you feel welcome. Feel free to criticize on things that matter instead, someone might benefit from it.
>>
>>73415063
>> Class-change in either games doesn't exist, while changing object of worship should be relatively easy.
>> In the anime, all instances I recall of reproduction had children share one of their parents' specie.
>> No reference to a change of faith or class in the anime.

Canon also says that’s because there’s a certain point (either before puberty or before its end, I can’t remember) where your soul gets «locked» and you can no longer change the god you’re tied to: if you change faith after that, even if you live by its principles, that’s too late, your original god has already claimed you. As for the children situation you mentioned, either the child already chose their faith, either they got the appearance through simple genetics, but the transformation can still happen and those traits will be gone.
>>
>>73415063
>>73415693
Same lore anon

And if you mention demigods, they’re a unique exception. Their souls are already claimed from the start by nature.
>>
>>73415506
I'm trying to translate Xelor but I'm a filthy EOP using Google Translate and common sense. With regards to Temporal Friction, as far as I can tell the trait says something like "If the Xelor's first spell has the Friction keyword, the Xelor can use his movement action and his minor action to cast a second spell with the Friction keyword, at a -2 penalty to the attack roll. The second spell can trigger an additional Friction effect on hit." meaning up to 3 friction spells in one turn, but does the second friction spell cost anything? Or is it move action OR minor action?

Also a minor thing, Xelor's key attributes are Intelligence, Will and Agility, but they also have a -2 to Will, which is probably a typo/oversight but I need to check.
>>
>>73415439

Dude it's okay. The Ankama lore is very clearly not that well weaved together. Classes/Races are very obviously a contention point : in the Bonta episode of the first season you see Xelors recruiting adults, while as per the lore there should be no point in doing that. Lore states you cant really gain a class after puberty, which is supremely dumb. And it makes no sense either that some classes have ancestral homeland while other clearly dont. Personally I'd be fine with keeping the human term as a catchall and homebrewing it as "souls with affinities which aligns with those of a God will change and take on aspects of the God (or his followers) over the course of his incarnations, and at some point will only reincarnate through his followers".

Humans otherwise only seems to serve as a way to define the Twelve with the exclusion of purely NPC races such as the Taurs.
>>
>>73415874
> Also a minor thing, Xelor's key attributes are Intelligence, Will and Agility, but they also have a -2 to Will, which is probably a typo/oversight but I need to check.
You are correct. I would suggest a penalty to Strength, does that sound reasonable?

> Friction
That would need to be reworked and reworded. First, it should not need the Xelor's minor action, only his Standard and Move. The point would be for the Xelor to still be able to use his Clock to teleport once.

Second, the intent of Friction was to create unstable spikes in damage. The second attack would need only a move action, be less accurate, and create new effects. For example, "Burning Time" as a second attack would create a small AOE in addition to its normal effects. Obviously, this was the DPS tree of the Xelor.

>>73415693
>>73415796
Thanks for the bump. Aren't gods killable and replaceable though? Goultard becoming the Iop god was a big thing, and while I did not watch season 3, I thought Tristepin took turn too?
>>
>>73415874

Not WakfuFaguette, but the other French-can anon translating. I think the intent is that you can sacrifice either of or both of your minor and your mouvement for a second and a third.
>>
>>73416026
>>73416033
FYI, tweaking&translating Iop right now. Should have it tonight. Also, I seem to have lost the latest version of the Xelor. I remember that it had encounter and daily powers. I remember the Air daily power vividly too.
>>
>>73416026

Goultard is a half-god, Percidal is the actual Iop God, in his latest incarnation.
>>
>>73416026
>You are correct. I would suggest a penalty to Strength, does that sound reasonable?
Yeah, fits their magey sort of feel pretty well I think.

>That would need to be reworked and reworded. First, it should not need the Xelor's minor action, only his Standard and Move. The point would be for the Xelor to still be able to use his Clock to teleport once.
Hmmmm okay, makes sense. So it's essentially like the Water tree then, but instead of an extra effect it's an extra attack with some extra stuff? Are Temporal Freeze and Temporal Flux also not supposed to burn the minor action?

Oh, something I noticed in Enutrof was that a certain Fire spell (At Any Cost from memory) used Intelligence as it's Attack Roll, but I assume the intent was the Fire stat, Strength.
>>
File: Xelor French.pdf (773 KB, PDF)
773 KB
773 KB PDF
>>73416074

Here's the Xelor doc I had saved, hopefully that's the one you are looking for?
>>
>>73416144
> Oh, something I noticed in Enutrof was that a certain Fire spell (At Any Cost from memory) used Intelligence as it's Attack Roll, but I assume the intent was the Fire stat, Strength
Yeah. The day I can change all variables at once on Word hasn't come yet, so mistakes like this will happen as long as I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V then edit. Newer stuff included.

And yeah, Xelors spending move actions for effects, and using its minor to dive in/out was the center of their design.

>>73416172
No, I meant a document from a computer ago (maybe two, haven't diagnosed the one that just died on me yesterday).

Shit.

The original documents, my attempt at TTRPG wakfu is more than 8 years old. I feel so old.
>>
>>73416231
>Yeah. The day I can change all variables at once on Word hasn't come yet, so mistakes like this will happen as long as I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V then edit. Newer stuff included.
Okay cool, fixed it. I dunno if you know about it but Find/Replace is amazing for that kind of thing. Ctrl + H I think in Word.

>And yeah, Xelors spending move actions for effects, and using its minor to dive in/out was the center of their design.
Gotcha. I'll change the traits accordingly and hopefully they line up with the design. Should be able to post it soon.
>>
>>73416295
Another thing. I'm sure I had a good explanation back then, but for the love of me can't recall it. All classes should be able to move 6 squares. I'll leave an option in equipment, especially defensive equipment, for characters to trade in -1 Speed for +2 all Defenses.

Likewise, being 2-handed gives +1 damage die step (ex: d8 > d10), and one handed weapons give either:
> Empty Hand: +1 to hit
> Shield: +2 Block (AC equivalent)
> 2nd 1-hand: Carry two weapons with different abilities and different enchantments, you may switch the pattern you use before each separate attack roll.

> Ctrl+H
Thanks for the tip. Will try it.
>>
>least favorite pieces of Wakfu lore and why?

I fucking hate ducks.
>>
Okay, did my best to translate this. Hopefully it's not too off. I'm currently using "Reach" as a stand-in range keyword for weapon based ranges.

Bonus sighting of the ever elusive Light spell block at the bottom of the PDF.
>>
File: smugg.png (468 KB, 1024x576)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>73416494
what's the matter mon ami
>>
>>73416759
> Intimidation and Athletic
Virgin Sacrier vs Chad Xelor. I think we should pick Arcana / History...

>>73416961
Dat smug look.
>>
>>73416979
I think Intimidation works quite well for Wakfu Xelors, they're kinda freaky. But maybe that's just memories of Nox twisting my opinion.
For real though, I agree that more bookish things make more sense.
>>
File: b20.gif (2.77 MB, 427x220)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
>>73416961

> cockblocker : the specie
>>
>>73416759
That's really good work, so I'm going to trust you with more. Design 3 encounter and 3 Daily power. Basic rules:

> Encounter powers base damage is 2[W], and Daily powers is 3[W].
> Enough extra damage sources (e.g. ongoing Damage, Collision Damage, Multiple targets, Areas) bring those numbers down.
> Water Xelor powers tend to limit what the opponent can do. Penalties to hit, Weakened, Slow, Stunned.
> Air Xelor powers tend to set-up targets for your allies. Original Air Daily 1 was creating a line area that was fluffed as a Time Fissure, pulling all creatures in a range around it toward the center.
> Fire powers tend to ignite air and may turn into area effects, add ongoing damage, apply weaknesses, create auras of fire damage around foes that only affect foes, etc. One distinctively absent way to increase DPS for them should be extra accuracy.

I believe in you.
>>
>>73417042
What he did manage to intimidate would have been easier for him to drain of their Wakfu. There was no subtlety, no technique. Just honest madness and overwhelming power, which are effective, but hardly skillful.

That said, having an edge or not in a skill is one thing, training and placing stats around is another. Intimidation will be a Courage skill tho.
>>
>>73415693
I think the children that choose the specific god family do so because they are reincarnations of followers of that god.

Also there's already a character that choose 2 gods and got a dual class.
>>
And here we go. Iop class translated all up to date. I also made a big mistake. Let's just say I only have the PDF of the Rogue from now on. Meanwhile, Fury Points mechanic is less clunky, Fire Attacks aren't only "Basic attack + Fury", and the class is slightly more powerful to be on par with newer ones.

I might lurk around a bit this Weekend / Monday. Not sure I'll be posting more translation tho (maybe, I don't know). But due to my really weird work schedule, we might have a Wakfu Wednesday. And I'm not mad: not only does it follow 4chan's naming pattern, I think that, with the proper costume, Wednesday Adams would make for a gorgeous Sram.

Keep being excellent, and as always: Feedback is life.
>>
>>73418261
I lied
>>
>>73416494
Cockblocked much?
>>
>>73417969
>Also there's already a character that choose 2 gods and got a dual class.
Yeah, I think that he was mentioned in the last class.
>>
>>73376860
Not really
>>
Where are my enutrof lads at. Best class by far.
>>
>>73424529
Why are they the best?
>>
>>73376860

>>73376860

Here's the Sacrieur class translated. Not as much in love with this one as with the Enutrof class. I did my best to keep the intent of the Chrager (translated to Rager) rules in conjunction with the other three keywords, but I feel it may not be the most elegant way to do it
>>
>>73427938

Oh, also, I had no clue how to translate Fulgurance, so... yeah, I went with Dazzling. Might want to replace that with something a little more badass and a little less Icescapades.
>>
>>73427993
Fulgurance was translated to "Light Speed" in the MMO
>>
>>73428017

Thanks! I'll get around to change that at some point.

So I've started playing Dofus Touch in order to get a feel for the Padawan... Yeah, I kinda get what Wakfu Faguette was saying... not the greatest, most inspiring build. For some reason I had in mind that the whole drinking thing was purely about milk, like in the serie... or that Pandawan was a sort of buff/heal class through food cooking... ? It simply being "you can do these abilities while drunk and not those, and you can do those only sober, and it only cost 1 AP to switch from one to the other"... really not that much of a fan. And well, seems like it's definitely the "fart and throw up jokes" class... Annoying... Still will try to cook something up.

Is someone keeping track of the Classes we have nothing on? That no one is working on? Zobal, Steamers, Ouginak and Huppermage?
>>
>>73428172
Their main gimmick gameplay-wise, even more than the alcohol, is positioning. Being able to grab allies or enemies and throw them around.
"Drunk" could be a state that gives them some buffs for a couple turns and then a malus when it ends.
Grabbing some bits from Wakfu could also help, maybe. There they can summon a Barrel (which they use to get the drunk state), and they can throw it and teleport towards it, or use it for area of effect.
>>
Before I begin, here's what I had in mind for monsters. Basic creatures (Minions) and templates allowing GMs to create their own rather easily. I think I'll even make an Excel Doc when time comes so that GMs may just pick a basic creature, put templates on it and it pops the monster he wants.

Not complete (HP calculation missing among things), but here it is anyways.

>>73428172
>>73428292
I think I'd make "Drunk" their tanking stance, copying Drunken Masters and allowing them to dodge attacks, maybe Force Movements their allies away from Harm while inebriated.

Something like Agi Attack vs Triggering Attack for a Slide 2 effect that can push outside the attack's range or area.

>>73428172
AFAIK, Xelor needs to be completed (Encounter and Daily powers), Pandawa created, otherwise only translations are left. I had no intent on making Steamers, Eliothropes, Ouginaks and Huppermages, making them all classes for an eventual Player Handbook 2.

But, hey, be my guest.
>>
>>73428292

Barrel summoning already sounds more fun than just drinking to enable better attacks. And there is still a bit of positioning involved, since he is pretty fragile (I get taken down by gobbles pretty often desu), his Drunk state reduces his mouvement by 2, and his attacks almost all have a short range (3). Beating a bigger foe really demands that you at least play perfectly 1~2 rounds at the beginning so as to land at least one round of attacks unanswered.
>>
File: w6OfmF3.jpg (98 KB, 842x917)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>73428634

I might try my hand at Steamers at the same time I work on Pandawas... Just have something more appealing at the same time go switch too, and it might help with coming up with mechanics.

Otherwise, I wanted to say great job on the Weapon and Armour list.

I'll take a look at the Monster doc you just put up also. Throw some ideas for the Critters like gobbles and piwis and tofus. Which btw are fucking terrors for Level >15 characters... the little fuckers can just fly in, deal upwards of 25 damage twice and than fly half the map away. Each fucking turn. Without a way to lock them it's completely pointless.
>>
>>73428634
> Something like Agi Attack vs Triggering Attack for a Slide 2 effect that can push outside the attack's range or area.
Yup. Agi (Air) tank, have 3 powers that can be used as Interrupts, one each per round. All of them check an Agi attack roll against the triggering attack, all of them allow to move Agi Mod. and requires to end move adjacent to an ally, one Pulls X, one Push X and one Slide X.

If it causes the target to no longer be valid (outside the area effect or the attack's reach), the attack automatically fails.

>>73428825
> Steamers
So basically Stasis as a new element, replace for lowest resistance / greatest weakness. I always found that the only challenge I had with Steamers was completing Challenges, thos things that increased XP / Loot if succeeded.

And thank you for looking at it.
>>
>>73428918
Dofus and Wakfu steamers are completely different.
Wakfu steamers are as you say, they have stasis spells that target the lowest resist, and they can also summon a turret and rails to move around on it. Earth spells let them create blocks of stone to hide behind, or to break them on their enemies's face.
They've underwent a rework lately (spells become stasis with WP use, instead of a line of stasis spells, and they got water spells. They can also overheat or cool down, but I think the previous iteration is easier to adapt)

As for Dofus steamers, if you want to try that out after doing the wakfu classes, they're not robots. They're steampunk atlantians, summoning different types of static turrets (one damages, one pushes, one attracts, and one heals), and they can put on a power-armor too.
>>
>>73426299
You can literally pay off death.
>>
>>73427938
If you can still edit this.

>In Peril
Bloodied. To make the game easier to learn for new players, I am salvaging some DnD 4th's lingo.

> Looking for Blood
I chose "Picking a Fight" as that term's translation. Basically means other tanks cannot protect you. Amusingly, some DPS powers should get a spike in damage while activating this effect (or requiring it activated) making it slightly riskier to use.

Feel free to send it to WakfuFaguette@Gmail.com so I can edit it myself If I'm not happy about it
>>
>>73429009
I'm making a Wakfu RPG, and even then Steamers weren't at all on my plate, already having 13 classes to deal with. But it might be interesting having an Artificial Steamer (Wakfu version, DPS / Controller) as well as a Biological Steamer (Dofus version, Healer / Controller).
>>
>>73429085
> Amusingly, some DPS powers should get a spike in damage while activating this effect (or requiring it activated) making it slightly riskier to use.
I think the Rogue class just got a lot more interesting. It will see huge changes before next Wakfu Wednesday.
>>
>>73428918
>So basically Stasis as a new element, replace for lowest resistance / greatest weakness.

So Stasis is Evil Wakfu? Its gained by harvesting any other ressources in a way that removes it from the environment? Huh. Weird.
>>
>>73426299
> DPSing as water
> Phorzerker
> Extra Loot
> Teleport around with tunnels
> Weapon of choice is a shovel

MMO-wise, make this guy Water / Earth, have an Air / Fire Iop around, an healer (Partial to Eniripsa Water / Fire) and a tank (Partial to Sacrier, Earth/Air) and, at least PVE-speaking, you're nigh unstoppable.
>>
>>73429490
> Huh. Weird.
Stasis is Death, Wakfu is life. not unlike DnD's positive/negative energy or Star Wars Light/Dark side powers. For all that weird stuff in the lore like "I worship this Osamodas god so my skin is now blue, I grew horns and can transform into a dragon", a positive (life) energy and negative (death) energy in this setting is normal.
>>
>>73429490
At the beginning of all things, there was only the Great Godess, embodiment of Wakfu, the force of life, motion and creation, and the Great Dragon, embodiment of Stasis, the force of death, entropy and destruction. Neither forces are good or evil by nature.
>>
>>73429490
>Its gained by harvesting any other ressources in a way that removes it from the environment?
That's how it works in the MMO, where it's essentially a number saying whether you plant more resources than you take*, not unlike ratios in torrent programs. There are a few places you can see a player's alignment but perhaps the most important place is when they run for, or are appointed to, government. For some reason, people expect the single player elected to Ecologist to go around and fix every single Ecosystem in a nation, because they're idiots. So when they see an Ecologist with low Wakfu or, heavens forbid, Stasis, they go nuts.

*Plantable resources are the only ones that change wakfu and stasis, so you can mine and fish and stuff to your heart's content.
>>
File: CjeL2KuWUAEm1Hc.jpg_large.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>73429621
>>73429765

I struggle to see how to implement this in a lore friendly way if it's only going to be a combat mechanic, or a ressource harvested only during combat. Seems per the lore the Steamer should gain Stasis mostly from non-combat actions, such has harvesting professions. Obviously it could be generated by killing monsters too.

Otherwise the Overheat/High Pressure mechanics seems fairly easy to port in an interesting manner. Casting Fire Spells increase Heat, if you didnt cast a Water Spell by the end of your turn you add your current Heat to your Pressure Gauge. Going over a set limit for either puts you in Overheat/High Pressure mode.

Otherwise I had thought about working out all the Specialist abilities out of a generic At Will Ability, something like "whenever the Steamer moves, he may spend his minor Action at any point during his movement to drop a Steamblock on an empty space adjacent to any square he move through". Steam blocks would become the basis of all the Steamers's construction skills, basically. Blockade would have the effect of turning the Steamblock into an actual Blockade (as per the mmo, Damage dealt to Allies within 3 of the Blockade is redirected to the Blockade until it blows up), while Microbot would become Steamblock Rails (target up to two block 7 away from the Steamer, if the blocks are in a line a rail appear between them. Moving on the rails greatly increases mouvement speed), etc...
>>
We now have Dastardly Rogues!

>>73431207
That's because the professions' mechanics haven't been layered yet. But honestly, resource collections/crafting will be rebates on gear upgrades.

I suspect there will also be Champion Drops and Boss Drops which will create items up to the creature's level (Champion) or level +2 (Boss) with an extra bonus enchantment. And this doesn't help the Wakfu/Stasis collection out of battle the MMO uses.

The way I would do it is that killing blows by the Artificial Steamer collects Stasis Charges, and spending charges adds +[W] and an additional effect. Or, since most creatures won't "die" but instead be K.O.'d, Steamers could finish off creatures for their Stasis for Charges.

I don't know.
>>
>>73431464
And now with the file attached.>>73431207
>>
File: Krosmoz.jpg (112 KB, 638x907)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>73431207
The Stasis used in the Foggernaut's abilities is not the same as the MMO gauge, which is what you're describing. It's kind of like how the Wakfu used in combat is not gained from planting resources. That Wakfu/Stasis gauge is more like an alignment than anything else.

Foggernauts, in the Wakfu Era, have some sort of Stasis-based engine or core which is where their Stasis abilities come from as far as I know. Back when they had Stasis spells by default, they would cost between 1% and 3% of HP to cast, roughly 0.5% per AP, which is probably where the Stasis is coming from, fluff-wise.
>>
File: Hipghost.png (3.08 MB, 1574x1868)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
>these threads got me trying out the MMO for campaign inspiration
Man I fucking love the French
>>
>>73431464
>The way I would do it is that killing blows by the Artificial Steamer collects Stasis Charges, and spending charges adds +[W] and an additional effect. Or, since most creatures won't "die" but instead be K.O.'d, Steamers could finish off creatures for their Stasis for Charges.

I like that. Keep it a minor thing at the foundation, and maybe build of it with the Skill Upgrades. I'll keep that in mind.

>>73432059

Ok, thanks a lot, that helps clearing things up.
>>
>>73432059

Wait, so your starting point in Dofus Touch is a higher plane than the one the Gods resides in? I must be missing some lore here.
>>
>>73433160
I don't think a concept like "higher" really matters in this case, as Incarnam is clearly separated from Inglorium. Incarnam is just where souls are reborn.
>>
>>73417155
I gave it a go, all the spells I made are fairly straightforward, and probably unbalanced as fuck. Added a new term referring to the glowing hour square, "God Xelor's Hour", for use in spells and effects.

Something I've noticed is that Air and Water seem to be typecast as Agility and Will respectively, whereas Fire and Earth have a bit more freedom in terms of their key attributes.
>>
>>73434445
Courage and Fire, Earth and Vitality. I try to make sure there are exceptions everywhere, but yeah. In the MMO, originally (which is, more than a decade ago), Intelligence was literally + Fire damage, Agility + Air damage, etc.

Tends to stick.

Will have a read when I can. Thanks for your efforts.
>>
>>73434445
Perfect, except Encounter and Daily need +[W] on all primary attacks. Also, replace the d6 on the Friction encounter power by [W]: Xelor's weapons all deal d6 but one, might as well leave it with that average +1 damage.

The Xelor's Punishment prerequisite, IMHO, is far too constraining. Here's a suggestion:

Flux (Before Hit): Teleport the target in an unoccupied hour Square within' range.
Hit: 2[W]+Agi. This amount is increased by [W] if the target is in an Hour Square. This amount is increased by 2[W] instead if the target is on the God Xelor's Hour.

This is still very limiting due to the Clock's working, and pushes the Xelor to sacrifice "his spot" for extra damage.

What do you think?
>>
>>73432059
So, the Wakfu/Dofus universe is basically shaped like a giant Dofus itself. It's not just me, right?
>>
>>73435823
Works for me, as I was intentionally very conservative with damage values. I had envisioned the Xelor using the clock to save the Flux from Winds of Time as a way to set up Xelor's Punishment but I think this way it works better, and the damage is more indicative of how difficult setting up the right circumstances could get.

Here's a quick update, I've written the Flux effect on Xelor's Punishment in such a way that it can be used before or after the attack, but if that's too powerful I can always change it.
>>
>>73436424
Shit, I forgot to increase the improvements of the Encounter spells, but that's done now too.

>>73436373
Yeah the Dofus are super super important lorewise. Fairly sure that's intentional.
>>
>>73436690
Where do they come from, anyway?
>>
>>73439503
A Dofus is an egg laid by a dragon when it feels true love. Usually the first Dofus is used as a "checkpoint", if the dragon dies its soul is stored in its Dofus so they can be reborn from it. The Dofus also doesn't disappear when this happens.
Although rare, some Dragons can lay more than one Dofus, and sometimes a new dragon hatches from them.
Osamodas has three divine dragons, which in gave birth to 10 Primordial dragons. Sadida one day made 10 dolls to seduce said Primordial dragons, but only 6 were successful and laid a Primordial Dofus, which Xelor used to create his Clock and synchronized time with the 6 Dofus' pulses (year 0 in the timeline). Other primordial dragons have laid their own Primordial Dofus, but only those 6 are linked to the balance of the universe.
A dofus also gives you powers. The strongest powers come from Primordial Dofus (having the main 6 gives you power equal to a God), but there are other dofus from lesser dragons named Lesser Dofus, much less powerful, and there's also some artificial dofus.
>>
>>73440137
And then there’s the case of the 6 Eliatriope Dofus. Equal in power to the 6 Primordial Dofus, they came way before, when the Great Goddess and the Great Dragon (the same two that created the Krosmoz) made them from their second union to give birth to the Eliatrope race. Like with the other Dofus, the soul of the Dragon born from each individual Dofus return to it after death to reincarnate, except in this case with each Dragon comes an Eliatrope sibling ; those of the six members of the Eliatrope Council, the progenitors of the Eliatrope race (Chibi the Prophet, Glip the Teacher, Mina the Wise, Nora the Playful, Quilby the Inventor, and Yugo the Warrior)
>>
>>73386449
I can't figure out Osamodas. My little niece asks me to explain it to her since she's figured out many others.
>>
>>73385567
Didn't notice this til now, but it's been said by people who work at Ankama that iop doesn't come from "pea", as fitting as it is.
Iop, Sram and Feca were the first three classes they designed, and were named after the snacks they were having: Yop yogurts, Mars chocolate bars and coffee (café in french).

>>73440922
Osamodas is Sadomaso backwards, short for "Sadomasochist", because they're associated with whips due to being beastmasters.
>>
Hey i'm a bit late with this, but as someone who as mained Foggernauts (Steamers) for the longest time I wanted to give my two cents on what Stasis is.

"Stasis is the energy of destruction that is present in all things across the Krosmoz. It is the opposing force of Wakfu, the energy of creation, and is represented by the Great Dragon. The two energies are more than opposed forces, however; they are more like two forms of a same element. When Wakfu is kept from flowing, it transforms into Stasis, turning its potential for creation into a destructive force.

Stasis can also take a mineral form, in the shape of crystals called Stasili. These can be used to fuel machines, as first demonstrated by Nox's robot Razortime, and later by Prince Adale's army."

Foggernauts are powered by the element, and use it to power their magitech machinery as well.
https://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/312258-story-foggernauts
This is also a good article from the original foggernaut event explaining where the robots came from. Very few if any human fogs remain, with the royal family being the last humans of their culture.
>>
File: 1505988800227.png (65 KB, 1874x279)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>73441604
Just wanted to chime in with some other anon's observations of Stasis from the games.
>>
I have accidentally wandered into a thread on /tg that I have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>73443075
wakfu is a pretty good french cartoon set in a rather fun little world. We figured that running games in the wakfu setting could be fun too, so we're talking back and forth about how to best do that.
Some are more productive than others.
>>
>>73432294
So, that's a ghost, but who's the fellow with legs?
>>
>>73444875
That's anon's character
>>
>>73376860

As an heretic who know literaly only the tv series stuff

>What are your favorite and least favorite pieces of Wakfu lore and why?

Favourite:Nox best character,good lore,realistical "evil" reason/motivation,good character development and belivable 99% of the time.

Least:Adamai,he is garbage starting right after the first "fight" with Yugo,random powers developed bad in comparison with other dragon,in the last season when he became evil you understand he is an eternal delusional baby.

Honorable mention:Tristepin/pinpin best main character development even if fucking confusing,even better than Yugo
>>
Just to show my support of this thread and the endeavours of the anons working in it, here's some notes I took on the mechanics of the classes in Wakfu. I haven't gotten too far myself in the game, though. It really is best played with a group.

Ecaflip (My favorite, it feels like a fun mix of versatility between the wildly strong DPS and more subdued support mechanics)
>Attacks with wildly varying damage (sometimes healing enemies instead) that can be maximized or minimized through gambling; Crit rate control
>Reliable, close-range damage and healing, even giving allies the chance to "Roll Again" after death
>Debuffs (Elemental resistance reduction, crit-damage reduction, AP reduction)
>Forced movement and self-mobilty
>Bow Meow summon that enhances support and attack capabilities
>Varied positive and negative effects based on the draw of the Ecaflip's 9-card Tarot (of which Ouginak is one of the cards)
Fire: Fiery dice; Earth: Cards; Water: Feline instincts and trained fleas

Xelor:
>Steals and conserves Action Points for themselves and allies with direct spells and summons
>Alters the flow of player initiative
>Teleportation and forced positioning for self and enemies
>Revives allies temporarily and binds their lives to the caster's
All Elemental spells (Water, Air, Fire) involve the vague warping of time and space which has been better described by other anons

Enutrof:
>Debuffs (reduced crit rate, Movement Point loss)
>Single target damage, AoE attacks, Armor Piercing
>Location-based resource management (Mines and Treasure)
>Can give themselves bonuses to Prospecting (the loot modifying skill) and damage to enemies by manipulating Mines
>Minor healing and Mine positioning with treasure-sniffing Drheller summon
>Fusing with Dhreller to become a stronger, faster, Melee-focused Drhellzerker
>Can feign death while on a mine and revive themselves
Elemental spells (Water, Fire, Earth) involve Kamas and shovels enhanced or made from their respective elements.
>>
>>73447201
Pandawa
>Positioning abilities in the placing of their booze Barrel and in moving allies, enemies, and themselves
>Gets themselves and others Dizzy, armoring themselves up, healing allies , or damaging/weakening enemies
>Can trade healing for DoT, or trade damage for healing using specialized abilities
>Can mitigate damage or deal increased damage when carrying their Barrel
>Starts Sober (increases Range). While carrying their barrel, takes a swig and becomes Merry (more AP, critrate and damage), if not, they become Worn-Out (more MP, block, resistance, defence), then Sober again
Spells are an assortment of drunken attacks, with and without their Barrel, as well as the spraying of fresh and flaming [Fermented Bamboo Milk] on their targets.

Masqueraider
>Can summon a double that shares HP with the caster, giving them more attack options
>Can push enemies and themselves around in a single attack, lining them up for devastating team attacks, or locking enemies in place with their presence
>Can change masks with an action adding debuffs to MP and defense, lifesteal, added range and heals, more mobility, or increased crit rate; very versatile damage dealer
>Can revive allies by sacrificing their Masked Spirit double
This class fights dirty, throws spitballs and devastates the battlefield with a spiked whip

Osamodas:
>Capture and train monsters using your Gobgob to store them for later use
>Fuse with your living pokeball to focus more on solo damage and less on Summons
>Heal and buff summons with attack spells, or trade support for raw damage in dragon form
All elemental spells (save for Whip) is the caster using "animal magic," copying the mannerisms of other animals

Sram
>Mobility through spells and swapping with their body double
>Damage over time, traps (inflicting AP damage, DoTs and changing positioning) and perform a coup-de-grace, expending Wakfu Points
>Steal health, MP, AP and Armor
Fire: Assassination; Water: Thievery; Air: Shadows/fear tactics
>>
>>73447231
Feca ((Probably least favorite. Don't like their style, and I feel Foggers do the "position fortifying" better
>Place Glyphs on the ground that can damage and debuff enemies (Reduced heals, increased damage received, lowered crit rate and block chance), or buff allies (increased AP)
>Efficient lockdown of enemies and self-positioning through teleportation
>Apply Shields to allies which provide lockdown immunity, added armor and damage reductions
>Trading defense for increased damage
Earth: Materialized/hardlight weapons; Water and Fire: Elemental manipulation through gadgets

Eniripsa:
>Can switch between healing, support and damage dealing by modifying the effects of their spells on the fly
>Marks that provide AP/HP/WP, added AOE to attacks and increased Lock and Dodge
>Revives allies, has a massive healing range and can regenerate
>Alternatively reduces healing resistance, heals over time or provides a flame aura
> Words of Power that provide increases in range; Single-Target and AoE healing (static values as well as in percentages of max-health)
>Alternatively, deals damage and steals HP
>Alchemical Debuffs (MP/AP loss, Increases damage taken), Forced movement and builds a reserve of damage that can be released in a triggered burst
>Alternatively, links allies so that damage can be shared
>Summons Coneys, which act as another platform for healing
Water: Words of power; Air: Alchemy; Fire: Marks

Cra
>Builds devastating burst damage or DoT with consecutive single-target shots
>Debuffs (Steals MP/HP, reduces enemy attack range, locks enemies in place, reduces healing,
>Sacrifice MP for reduced spell cost
>Beacons act as spots to teleport to, as well as AoE targets which can provide non-reducible damage (when hit with fire spells), Armor removal (with Earth) and pushback (with Air)
>High mobility and increased defense while running like a lil bitch
>Critrate and crit damage buffs,
All elemental spells (Air, Fire, Earth)... Are arrows. How creative.
>>
>>73447264
Iop
>Continued attacks provide buffs (increase damage dealt, as well as WP gained, flaming auras, passive movement towards fleeing enemies)
>Charge toward enemies, dealing damage in the process
>Combo moves provide increased single-target damage
>Punish enemies for leaving your range with damage, and deal more damage with each MP preserved
>Place a Standard that can be easily jumped to
>Blocking increases crits, locking reduces enemy defenses and regaining built damage buffs is done with ease by preserving it at its highest point
>Buffs (Increase ally damage dealt, elemental resistance, and enemy damage received
All Elemental spells (Fire, Earth, Air) involve the various reckless flinging of fists and natural elements, to surprising effect.

Ouginak
>Lifesteal, Armorsteal,
>AoE, Melee-range damage
>Builds Fury with attacks, which is expended to self-heal or transform into a melee-focused Were-Ouginak
>Area denial and forced movement; Teleports to certain marked enemies
>Reduces healing and Marks enemies as Prey, dealing additional damage to them. This can be broken if the target successfully escapes a far distance from them on the battlefield
>Bow Wow summon provides support with healing, range increases, damage buffs and the ability to lock targets in place. Also attacks in tandem with caster in certain (water) spells
>Elemental spells are various forms of brutal fighting tactics, curses and poisons.

Eliotrope
>Can place, attack, and move through Portals
>Versatile attacks featuring Long-range damage, Lifesteal and AoE
>Buffs allies with armor, minor healing, damage reduction, and shields with counter effects (Pushback, counter-damage)
>High mobility and stage control
>Preemptive revive/reraise a la Final Fantasy
>Defensive Calm mode and Offensive Exalted mode, exchanging support effects with damage and debuffs
All elemental spells involve Wakfu in the form of beams, blades, barriers and balls a la DBZ.
>>
>>73447284
Sacrier
>Heavily damaging spells that also inflict damage on the user
>Damage taken increases damage dealt
>DoT and ability modification in Motion Sickness, reducing ability cost if applied to self
>Throws enemies around and switches places with them as well as allies
>Intentionally weakens their defenses and benefits greatly from having high health to soak up damage
>Builds armor, gaining it in massive amounts upon reaching mortal damage
>Stores self-inflicted damage to be dealt in a single burst to enemies
Elemental spells (Air, Fire, Earth) embody the Sacrier's living tattoos, boiling blood, and vicious martial prowess, flinging the very earth as well as their enemies, and using it as armor.

Rogue
>Plants bombs that deal damage, remove MP/WP and reduce range
>Can chain detonations to generate walls of damage
>Can convert MP to damage
>Debuffing melee attacks and the mobility to quickly slip back into long-range
>Long-range gun and gadget attacks that can increase bomb damage with hits
>Mobility through spell-use and replacing positioning with bombs
>Summons a Boombot, which further assists in bomb positioning and placement
Rogue spells involve bombs, bullets, boomerangs, punches, kicks, grappling hooks and barbed wire.

Sadida
>Summons a collection of varied dolls that can deal damage from every possible distance, hinder movement and range, heal allies or make enemies easier to hit by linking them to allies.
>Can root themselves to the ground to increase defense
>Can cast elemental spells on dolls to buff their damage and defense, heal, and give them immunities to movement debuffs
>Mix of single-target and AoE heals and armor buffs
>Can drag targets towards them or push them away
>Can weaken enemies with multiple DoT and defense-reducing poisons
>Slow-acting revive
Sadida spells involve the manipulation of Earth, Water and Air. Poison wind, healing waters and whipping vines are but a few examples.
>>
>>73447303
Huppermage
>Generates runes through spell use, and can convert one to another
>Runes can help to deal increased crit-chance and damage, steal life and crit-chance from others, provide armor and give mobility to the caster while attacking
>Elemental Spell-use builds a gauge of Quadramenal Breeze, which can be consumed to cast strong, neutral Light element spells, or enter a state that deals increased damage and reduces Light spell cost
>Summons a Will-o-the-Wisp, which preserve Runes and can be retrieved to acquire a random spell of the Rune's element, the Rune itself, and some AP
>Can create an intangible wall of energy, which is untargetable and blocks line of sight
>Has access to 20 elemental spells instead of the usual 15, consisting of 3 for Air, Fire, Water and Earth, plus 8 Light spells
>Huppermage spells are mimicries of other class spells, with their elements sometimes distorted to Light instead of their original element. (Mimics Sram, Osa, Iop, Enutrof, Feca and Cra spells)

Foggernaut
>Generates flaming auras and armor with Earth and Fire spells, alternating between damage-dealing and tanking alongside summoned structures
>Converts their strongest elemental stat, and the enemy's weakest resistance, into Stasis damage, which is expended in limited-range Stasis spells
>Killing Stasified enemies gives the Fogger WP, which fuels their strong damage and summon spells
>Places Microbots, which damages enemies within its vicinity and can transform into a Rail
>Builds Blockades, which take damage for its allies
>Creates Cybots to assist in terrain control
>Can transform into a Motherfogger, which can only move on Rails, but has unhindered range for Stasis abilities
>Can transform into a Fogginator, which loses HP overtime while enhancing Stasis damage
Mechanical tools, flaming weapons and laserbeams are this class' specialty.
>>
And that's all of them! Hope my notes help to some degree. I may actually consider looking into 4E now because of these homebrews.
>>
>>73447319
>Foggernaut
>>Generates flaming auras and armor with Earth and Fire spells, alternating between damage-dealing and tanking alongside summoned structures
>>Converts their strongest elemental stat, and the enemy's weakest resistance, into Stasis damage, which is expended in limited-range Stasis spells
>>Killing Stasified enemies gives the Fogger WP, which fuels their strong damage and summon spells
>>Places Microbots, which damages enemies within its vicinity and can transform into a Rail
>>Builds Blockades, which take damage for its allies
>>Creates Cybots to assist in terrain control
>>Can transform into a Motherfogger, which can only move on Rails, but has unhindered range for Stasis abilities
>>Can transform into a Fogginator, which loses HP overtime while enhancing Stasis damage

Thanks, all of this is very useful, it's a good summary of the class special abilities without have to go back to the wiki and scroll over each abilities icon. At least for the Fogger and Pandawa it'll be greatly useful.
>>
>>73447834
Fogger guy again, this is the pre-revamp fog specs. Modern Fog is mostly that same but Fogginator has changed to a defensive buff that gives res, motherfogger is now just turret mode and cast all spells linearly but gives them greater range, Finally they have Fire/Earth/Water spells with a togglable ability to make their spells deal stasis damage rather than their elemental damage, but they dont regen wakfu points while its on.
>>
>>73448637
https://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/classes/16-foggernaut
And of course here are the modern spells and actives/passives to get a better idea as to how they work currently.

Fogger is currently as mid range damage dealer with both close and long range potential. They can transition into either long range damage dealing or close range tanking. The only thing a fog cannot do it heal reliably, but even then they have a passive that reduces their stasis damage but provides healing for stasis damage dealt. They are a wonderfully built class for damage and tanking.
>>
File: sortie-steamer-en.jpg (150 KB, 550x260)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Just like to say that I love this thread, best one one TG and as a big fan of Wakfu and the World of Twelve id be happy to help any way I can. Loved 4th Ed. when it came out and the fact that we are all coming together to make a damn good wakfu rpg makes me want to pitch in.
>>
>>73448739
>>73447201
Go earlier in this thread, look for the pdfs whose filename has "english" in it, take a look, provide feedback and advices.

I will not implement all of them but will take them into account.

I will also do test plays before July ends, maybe setting things up in the next thread already, just to see if rules are holding together, if classes fits their roles and trying to avoid major balance issues. Would be annoying to do both the PCs and monsters all by myself. Since there are 4 tanks (Pandawan, Sacrieur, Iop, Feca), as well as 4 Healers (Pandawan, Eniripsa, Sadida, Ecaflip), I'll try to have 4 groups, two sessions each. There will be no restrictions on a single player's participation, only on duplicates characters since the goal is to test as many as possible.
>>
>>73447391
Does anyone have more art like this of the various classes, please?
>>
File: all-god-class-wakfu.png (197 KB, 574x475)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>73452604

Here's the only one I got like that.
>>
>>73452604
Those seem to be rips from the tutorial books in the Wakfu MMO on the different professions. There would be a similar set for the classes as well, but I wouldn't know how to rip those myself. You can see them all in Incarnam, the tutorial area.

Xav/Xa Xa Xa is a lead artist who also freely posts official and concept art for Ankama's projects.
>>
File: 1506622248951.png (782 KB, 839x1157)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
The most recent concept art you'll stumble upon is likely for their newest game, Waven.
>>
File: 1511635015057.png (119 KB, 840x696)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
lops
>>
File: 1485726012664.png (1.06 MB, 1366x768)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Iops and Sacriers look eerily similar and it would've been cool to see someone double-worship them
>>
>>73453939
Anime wargowns are peak female armor design btw
>>
File: recap_design4.jpg (98 KB, 631x631)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>
>>73453939
How would the class powers mix?
>>
>>73453939
Iops are just lame Sacriers without all the cool stuff.
>>
>>73456950
How would you make them more interesting, then?
>>
File: sacri-oeil-full.jpg (73 KB, 804x1118)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>73458736
Waven has Sacriers appear mostly as brawling monks and medieval-style pariahs wielding their own restraints as weapons, though that feels like a tame interpretation of the Goddess' teachings. One guy was just a fire elemental though, his rageful blood boiling to miraculous levels.

I do recall there was a sufficiently brutal comic series about a Sacrier, 'Les Larmes de Sang,' that might shed some extra light on how to make them stand out.

>>73455240
If we were to go by 4E rules, they could just multiclass, with one or the other being perhaps their "birth god," which they keep most of their core traits from.

Sacriers are self-styled martyrs bordering on masochistic, and Iops are foolhardy warriors charging into battle due to ego or emotion, so a "holy warrior" might worship both, someone willing to sacrifice themselves if necessary to fulfill their duty.

Iop might be weirded out by Sacrier's masochism, and Sacrier might find Iop's ego unbecoming, so one may have to be crafty to appease them both, like perhaps becoming a war-skald that sings songs of woe while still being a flashy fighter. A mindless berserker might also have their favor, if alignment doesn't matter to them. I'm surprised Nox even had Xelor's blessing, though perhaps Xelor already knew about the 20 minutes and thought it'd be fun to let him do as he pleased. Even Divine Champions have wielded Stasis after all, if Krosmaga is to be taken as canon.

>>73449901
One thing I dislike from the Iop rules currently there, is Iop-Brained making their absentmindedness endearing, allowing them to manipulate others, even if unintentionally. The feign-death ability for Wakfu Enutrofs states, "You can fool a thousand Iops with this trick, but tricking an Iop a thousand times is a little more difficult." An Iop should have to contend with and be empowered by their own emotional state, allowing them to be manipulated, but for this tactic to be a double-edged sword.
>>
File: 1453568590393.jpg (177 KB, 820x675)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
All classes each have their own commandments to follow, so one would also have to ensure they aren't breaking those if they were to multiclass, or are willing to suffer the consequences.
>>
File: 1504451559566.jpg (175 KB, 718x587)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>
You could certainly take the Dofus commandments with a grain of salt, but if one were to make a villain or morally dubious character with depth, it would be more evocative for them to exemplify their god while doing so. Iop likes conquerors, and Iops are known to harbor cursed, demonic artifacts. While not the smartest, ambitious Iops would carry with them a certain brutal cunning. Sacrier on the other hand encourages her disciples to cultivate a vengeful attitude.

Regarding the PDFs, Osamodas may need a level cap to go with their Capture and Summon, if that's not implicit in such abilities in 4E.
>>
>>73414658
Bonta's king makes an appearance at the end of the movie, guarded by Huppers.
>>
>>73459375

> Thou shall beat the bad guys and tank the tanks.
> Thou shall always eat your dishes cold to feed thy spirit for vengeance
> Thou shall soak thy fist in blood before soaking thyself in something stronger
> Thou shall wear a thorn crown at big events to look smartyr than everyone else.

Holy shit fucking based. Why cant RL religions be this wholesome?
>>
>>73461640
you call that wholesome?
>>
>>73459375 >>73459393
More of these please, they're wonders to remain within' each classes' themes.
> Thou shalt maintain thine athletic body by training two hours a day, preferably under the fires of the setting sun, because it is cooler than way.
Kek. I love Iops.

>>73460750
AFAIK, it is not but the summons' level become the Osamodas' and the category becomes regular, only conserving one of the monster's role (e.g. Soldier). So the only benefit Osamodas have to target tougher monsters is removing them from the game earlier, and maybe better attacks and abilities.

I'll have a look at the wording to make sure it really reflects that, thanks for the feedback.

>>73456950
Virgin Sacrier
> Edge his own death for DPS
> Close in melee by approaching an opponent from those he protects
> Attacks limited by action points
> Has to think strategically

Chad Iop
> Always full power, can spend wakfu for even fuller power.
> Close in melee with Wakfu-fueled jumps and attacks
> Can run out of time becausem in addition to spending action points, he combos too many Move-fueled kicks and Wakfu-fueled Uppercuts
> Can't even think startegicaly
>>
File: Gods (1).png (789 KB, 755x569)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>>73461746
Sure thing!

Sacrier and Pandawa were the final two gods to be added to the Pantheon of Twelve, chronologically. Each were lesser divine spirits that grew with their following. Sacrier appealed to people's suffering, blessing them for their perseverance and sense of justice. Pandawa spread the knowledge of fermentation, and with it an empowering drunkenness.
>>
File: Gods (7).png (992 KB, 846x777)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>
>>73385567
Frog who grew with ankama here !

1) Iop is a yogurt beverage
2) Féca is café , coffee
3) Sram is mars, a chocolate bar
4) Enutrof is Fortune as in getting rich
5) Ecaflip is Pileface, heads or tails ie gambling
6) Sadida is adidas, why ? I don't know. They do not wear shoes.
7)Sacrieur is a play of word. If I remember correctly it is about sacrifice and rieur (laughing)
8) Osamodas is Sadomaso. You know, S and M.
9)Crâ is arc , bow
10) Pandawa is a panda, why the wa ? I do not know.
11) Eniripsa is Aspirine, a drug for headaches, so they are healers
12)Xelor is rolex, a brand of watches

That's it for the Twelve Gods.
Most of the other do not have jokes. Steamers are just about steam, Ouginak is Kanigou, but I do not know what this is (maybe a brand of dog food ?). Zobals (Masqueraiders in english) are cool, but not harbor a joke , idem for Huppermages.
>>
File: Gods (3).jpg (153 KB, 712x526)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Osamodas, as Oktapodas, didn't seem to have much of a hand in the advancement of the Foggers. It was an ancient idol retaken by ingenious explorers of the oceans. That lack of divine influence might be why they dumped him in the Wakfu Era and became atheist.
>>
File: Gods (5).jpg (438 KB, 843x603)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>
File: Gods (4).jpg (190 KB, 800x777)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Legend which began the Masqueraiders' history involves a child of unstoppable power, which Sadida split the soul of and sealed in ancient masks that are scattered across the world. These disciples guard an ancient power tied to Sadida and this technique.
>>
File: Gods (2).png (800 KB, 700x559)
800 KB
800 KB PNG
>>
>>73462307
>>73462326
I have to translate and rework the Eniripsa, can you give me their god's edicts next?
>>
File: Gods (6).jpg (465 KB, 820x675)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>Be me
>Sram, Lord of Shadows
>Decide to fuck with some cultists stepping on my spiritual turf
>Trick them into thinking I'm the replacement for their godly clan leader
>They're so impressed when I reveal myself that they respect me more than the first guy, the absolute madmen
>>
File: Gods (2).jpg (423 KB, 846x777)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>73462424
Right here. Have a wiki page too, see if it helps. https://krosmoz.fandom.com/wiki/Eniripsa
>The healslut god more explicitly demands a respect for nature than the god of the tree people
>>
File: Gods (1).jpg (399 KB, 823x577)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>
>>73462347
1) Also Poi backward, Pea-brains
2) Also the four first letters of Fécal, shit. This is reinforced by coffee encouraging bowel movements.
6) That's the joke.
10) Also an anagram for Padawan, an apprentice Jedi

13) I never understood why "Steamers" were translated at all to Foggernauts.
14) Masqueraiders (Masquerade and Raiders) makes so much more sense than "Zobal", it's crazy.
>>
>>73462448
Is "Novides" a typo for "Novices" or am I that lacking in culture?

> Thou shalt always know the right word to fix a broken heart.
And right there, you already helped. Thanks a lot.
>>
File: Gods (3).png (843 KB, 745x607)
843 KB
843 KB PNG
>>73462492
Where the French couldn't fit puns, the English localization team must've been doing their part.
>>73462551
Looks like a typo. Perhaps it got changed? All of these screenshots were taken by gracious anons years ago.
>>
>>73462347
Canigou is a mountain in the Pyrénées, and Canis is latin for dog. Not all puns are created equally.
>>
File: Gods (8).jpg (203 KB, 840x588)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>
File: Gods (10).jpg (196 KB, 846x629)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>
>>73462492
>I never understood why "Steamers" were translated at all to Foggernauts
because in english, a steamer is either
1: An complete and utter idiot
2: A kind of duck
3: A blowjob
4: A night out drinking excessively
>>
File: Gods (4).png (955 KB, 960x684)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
ougi bougi wher da cat wimmen at
>>
File: 1366333147940.jpg (410 KB, 836x600)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>
File: To5CpEg.png (2.56 MB, 1980x1024)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
Huppermages don't have a screenshot, but the krosmoz wiki still has their precepts:

The Krosmic Balance

The Mysterious Monarch; The Spiritual Father; The Benevolent One; The Emerald Guardian

Symbols: Ementree Wings – Pyramids of Prosperus

It's Commandments (though they're likely the commandments of Prosperus Elementor, the discoverer of the Balance):

>Thou shalt weigh up the pros and cons before making a decision.
>Thou shalt control disruptive elements.
>Thou shalt not expect everything to be handed to thee on a plate.
>Thou shalt avoid talking to oneself.
>Thou shalt act with moderation.
>Thou shalt leave the windows open to enjoy the Quadramental Breeze.
>Thou shalt relax in a rocking chair.
>Thou shalt not be given over to necromancy nor magical U-turns.
>Thou shalt eat five fruits and vegetables per day as part of a balanced diet.
>Thou shalt smithmage thy own opinions.

If thou art incapable of following these precepts, thou must be thrown from the top of Rok Island with a bungee cord wrapped around the ankles as penitence.

Blessed be the Krosmic Balance, guardian of Equilibrium!

Anyone can train like a Huppermage and try to uphold the Krosmic Balance, though the best likely keep a human form and gain a Mage's true power due to their sole focus on the Balance. A Pandawa studied with Bakara in the same Huppermage academy.
>>
>>73462799
>Anyone can train like a Huppermage and try to uphold the Krosmic Balance, though the best likely keep a human form and gain a Mage's true power due to their sole focus on the Balance. A Pandawa studied with Bakara in the same Huppermage academy.
It would be cool if we could eventually make Huppermages both their own class and a universal sort of Paragon Path that proper Huppers can't take, so we can get that feeling across.

>>73462492
Hey, quick question about Rogue, Acrobatic and Fan Attack both have improvements that have this Chain Collision keyword. I'm assuming that means that the movement is then passed along to whatever the original target collided with?
>>
>>73463084
Yeah, i'm going to replace long descriptions for common mechanics I use.

> Collision:
If forced movement would cause the target to be pushed inside an occupied / impassable square, stop the movement. Both take the stated amount of damage, untyped.

Chain Collision:
> If forced movement would cause the target to be pushed inside an occupied square, both take the stated amount of damage, untyped. Then whatever occupied the square is pushed by the remaining movement, causing extra collisions and damage. Repeat this effect until the extra pushes ends in an empty square, in which case all other creatures follow, or impassable terrain, which stops movement in a final collision.

Referencing the keyword will be considerably shorter that way. Note that the ability to be pushed less can stop a chain collision and that it rewards strategically thinking. Also, large targets can make this really fun.
>>
File: Gods3.jpg (1.23 MB, 3192x2489)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>73462492
Zobal Razard is the first Masqueraider, though I can't tell if Zobal was their clan name before or after founding the Masqueraiders. Pic related, bottom right god. They are simply called the Elder in their precept screenshot. Their full story is here, in French: https://wikifu.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Zobal/Zobals

>>73463084
I'm not entirely sure, since it has been years, but I think there was an event regarding Huppers when they first were released (at least in Wakfu) that involved an academy you could enter and get a tour of their more advanced playstyle.
>>
>>73463310
Yeah you could go check out the school and do some quests for some pretty terrible actives and passives.

Mastery of Weapons: 2ap, +100 damage with weapons (lol), ends your turn
Fluctuation: When you dodge or lock you get between 5-15 +final damage to one attack. Stacks up to 60%.
Mass Charm: 2ap, range 0-4, +150 lock and attracts targets in a linear cross toward the center.
>>
>>73462492
Zobal comes from line in an old popular song in france: "Au bal masqué": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-48Xg2cKyg
And Maskeraider was actually not supposed to be the english name, same with Rogues. Izmar (CM for Dofus at the time) had came out with those names but it was decided that they'd keep the french Zobal and Roublard names. The head of translator got confused and accidentally published an important post using the Maskeraider and Rogue names, so they had to commit to it: https://izmarvelous.tumblr.com/post/108437693432/aglimpseofwakfu-lol-who-is-this-guy
>>
File: Gods2.jpg (1.73 MB, 3990x3112)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>73461706
Certainly has more of a sense of humor than most religions. It gives off the vibe that despite the inhuman nature of the gods, they are still individuals, and you are taking a bit of them into yourself when you follow them.

While Sacrier took her godhood more humbly upon ascending among the Twelve, Pandawa seems to revel in the influence of her domain; drunk with power, if you will. It's even mentioned that she only gained followers once they were drunk enough to agree with whatever she said. Proof not all gods with good worshipers need be good themselves. Then again, we probably aren't seeing the abusive drunks for PR reasons.
>>
>>73463513
> Got confused
I don't think it was confusion. I don't think it was a bad decision either.
>>
So, which god would you follow ?
>>
File: CjeMByzWEAIq3_j.jpg_large.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>73463908
No Gods, No Kings, Only Stasis
>>
>>73463908
Depends. Idealistic me in that idealistic world would have me linked to the Iop. Realistic me in realistic world... Enutrof or Xelor. Without going full edgelord, they're the most thoughtful, introspective and grounded.

Alright... enough wasted time. Beginning work on the Eniripsa. Will be one of the early releases on next Wednesday. Feel free to keep posting lore, questions about what is already out there, advice and other feedback, you have no idea what kind of reaction it can spark in my mind.
>>
>>73463908
Life's a gamble, and even if my luck tries to leave me on my ass, at least I'd have the agility to fall on my feet instead.
>>
>>73464216
> Treatment:
The Eniripsa’s water healing powers have the Medicine keyword. Powers with this keyword have an “Ongoing Healing” effect and a “Side Effect” effect (Save sustains both). On the first failed save, the “Ongoing Healing” effect’s value is diminished by half. On a second failed save, both effects end.

A character may only have one Medicine Effect active. If another is applied to the target, the “Ongoing Healing” can be replaced and, if applicable, renewed (it may cancel a previously failed sustain save, but the “Side Effect” is not replaced.

If a target with Medicine effect reaches 100% of its base HP or more, the Medicine effect ends, and all opponents adjacent to the target take your Intelligence mod. Water Damage. The Eniripsa can end any Medicine Effect it created as a minor action on its turn.

>Disease:
The Eniripsa’s fire damaging powers have the Disease keyword. Powers with this keyword have an “Ongoing Fire Damage” effect and a “Symptom” effect (Save ends). On the first successful save, the “Ongoing Fire Damage” effect’s value is diminished by half. On a second successful save, both effects end.

A character may only have one Disease Effect active. If another is applied to the target, the “Ongoing Fire Damage” can be replaced and, if applicable, renewed (it may cancel a previously successful save, but the “Symptom” is not replaced.

If a target with Disease effect reaches 0% of its base HP or less, the Disease effect ends, and all allies adjacent to the target heals your Agility mod. HP. The Eniripsa can end any Disease Effect it created as a minor action on its turn.
>>
> Propagation:
Most of the Eniripsa’s Air powers has the Propagation keyword. Under the stated conditions, Medicine effects and Disease effects can be copied and applied to other targets. When an effect is copied, copies completely replaces the previous effect on the target it is copied to. For example, if it was made weaker due to a previous save, only the weakened version is copied, even if the target had a non-weakened identical effect.
>>
File: eniripsa.jpg (217 KB, 1280x905)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>73463908
Eniripsa. Study languages and play with a coney.
>>
>>73465253

Does >>73465084 and >>73465113 sound fun to play?
>>
File: EapKJtEXkAAXjxl.jpg (118 KB, 1242x1268)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>73465253
>play with a coney
Ooh la la~

>>73465084
>Treatment
This sounds interesting, especially with 4E using Healing Surges as a primary means of sustaining health. Side Effects I assume are a minor hindrance? Not knowing what your plans are with it, I am visualizing a sort-of inverse of the heal spell the Cultist has in Darkest Dungeon: a regenerating effect with an immediate debuff (rather than burst of healing at the cost of damage over time).

>Disease
I don't like Fire spells being what appears to be "water spells but for damage dealing." It'd be far more interesting to implement Wakfu's Marks, which provide rewarding buffs to anyone who attacks those who have been marked.

>Propagation
I'd need to see the Air spells involved to know how useful it is to copy effects, including in their diminished state, rather than just cast the spell that gives them the full effect.
>>
>>73465343
I wanted to ask if the end effects gets applied no matter how the powers end. Like if the eni ends the water powers themselves, does it still deal damage?
>>
>>73465744
> Treatment
I'm actually toying with it. Either I make the Eniripsa extremely at healing but debuffing its allies, or I keep her on par, and have her juggle around buffs. While the first would be formidable lore-wise, from a game-design perspective I am leaning on the second.

> Fire spells are "water spells but for damage dealing."
Fair point. I'll tell you my reasons, and please, tell me if you still think they're bullshit (also, other people, feel free to chime in).

1) Diseases exists / existed in the MMO. Never made sense to me they were Air spells as one of the very common symptoms is fever, and, this was made before CoVid-Sars-2, far from all diseases propagate through air.

2) Eniripsas do have Damage-Dealer as a role, and Ongoing Damage is a valid way to increase the class's damage dealing potential.

3) Diseases being the dark-side version of treatments makes both's mechanics much easier to remember.

So basically, I just switched elemental effects (Disease vs Marks) around.

> Propagation
Thanks to your feedback, I think propagation won't be a keyword anymore, and I'll go full speed on Marks, instead of the reverse. To give you the big picture, Daily / Encounter powers will have much more powerful Medicine / Disease effects that can only be cast once per encounter and that one may want to preserve and propagate.

Casting new spells then will only create brand new versions of lesser effects.

Without your feedback, it would have made Air a lesser school that would only support an Healing or Damaging Eniripsa. With your support, Air should be more viable while dabbing in both.

Thanks.
>>
>>73466021
No. Only if it reaches 100% for treatments or 0% for Diseases. It encourages the Eniripsa to persever (Eniripsa's Perseverance) until her job is done.
>>
>>73461746
Iop
>dies when he is killed

Sacrier
>dies when he is killed
>kills you afterwards anyway

Also, you seriously underestimate Sacrier's mobility options
>can pull enemy towards him
>can slide towards enemy fist first
>has not one, but two spells to swap places plus another one to save ally
>long ass jump that hurts everyone in certain radius
Meanwhile Iop has 15 ways to punch face. It's just boring. They really should have double down on Shushu guardian aspect and give them powerup and transform abilities with the risk of being possessed.
>>
>>73467132
I was just busting your balls.

Thanks for reminding me the ability to take one more turn when K.O.'d at full "chrage", will probably be their Earth utility power level 2.

I played both classes, together in the MMO. The ability to combo air attacks for additional effects was just awesome, and I'm not kidding when I say entering the key inputs as fast as you can while pulling the combos you want before your turn ran out was immensely satisfying. And this applied to Fire spells as well, as I often channeled all my Wakfu in just one absolutely terrible fire area attack, dealing damage on an area that even a full chrage Sacrier had trouble to match on a single target. But hey, Sacriers were supposed to be tankier and Iops pure damage dealers...

That said, I know that in the Anime, two official guardians I saw were Iops (Percedal, Vampyro), and there's a decent chance the Justice guys were either not sanctioned guardians or actually Iop, but do you have information there's something more than a correlation between being Iop and a Guardian?

> Also, mailboxes are parking meters now.
>>
>>73466091
>Never made sense to me they were Air spells
Likely a reference to miasma.

>Eniripsas do have Damage-Dealer as a role
I... Feel like they shouldn't, unless you count Marks amplifying damage and the Propagator passive from Wakfu is also present, amping damage up while using Propagator spells

>Diseases being the dark-side version of treatments
Unnatural Remedies is an ability Wakfu Eniripsas have that switches the damage/support roles of every single spell they have, not just for one element. It allows every elemental build to employ a "dark side" that switches them from support to offense. Not saying its a bad idea, but it makes an entire element too similar to another... At least from this overview perspective, in play it might be fun!

>Daily / Encounter powers will have much more powerful Medicine / Disease effects that can only be cast once per encounter and that one may want to preserve and propagate.
While I'd prefer Marks over the brand of propagation you suggested, when it becomes rare to use and spread those statuses, it makes the idea a lot more attractive. It's creates a simple synergy that requires player agency to be used correctly.
>>
>>73467353
Yeah, I've chosen Marks for Air and it will remain. Marks will have an effect that last until the end of the character's next turn when it hits the target, and that will last the encounter when it kills the target.

Not that the Eniripsa won't have powers that propagates, but I disliked Air Eniripsa for being lackluster, and I was turning it into a fucking sidekick element to Water and Fire. And I owe this to you.

> Not saying its a bad idea, but it makes an entire element too similar to another...
Yeah, I'll mull this over. I thought I was clever when I took opposing elements and gave them opposing mechanics, like how the Enutrof builds power with his water spells at the cost of less powerful attacks now, or weakens himself for extra damage now with his fire attacks.

Maybe I'm overdoing it.

So... let me pitch you (and everyone) this idea. Water spell stronk with H.O.T. but also debuff. This will make the Heal version that much more powerful against Undeads, which are damaged by healing and still get the debuff.

Meanwhile, fire spells propagates. When hit by a fire spell, if the target already has a disease, make the check against an extra target that is within' range of your primary target. If you hit both, the secondary target gets a small amount of damage and the infection kicked off the primary.

Does that sound better to you?
>>
>>73467353
Oh, and...
> I... Feel like they shouldn't
I can assure you they can be. My Eniripsa in the MMO half-a-decade ago was Water/Fire, and most of her healing was done with "Explosoins". She more than held her own. Besides, I try to have all classes fill two roles each (exception made of the Enutrof).

As an example, Sadida fill the Heal / Controller combo. Summoning brambles everywhere in addition to their Voodolls, the role combination was a no-brainer. So, yeah, Eniripsas will be able to deal considerable damage.

Still, feel free to max her Intelligence, pick only water spells which will be lousy damage (except vs. Undeads) but great heal, pick weapon enchants that boost healing, etc. You don't HAVE to pull DPR, I just want it to be possible.
>>
File: Enirispas_v2.jpg (1.56 MB, 1636x1636)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>73468310
>>73468653
>exception made of the Enutrof
I think the monetary mechanics are a unique enough concept to compensate that lack of role diversity. I'd have to playtest them just to be sure, though... And learn 4E.

>Maybe I'm overdoing it.
I wish I could help when it comes to formatting a class kit for this system, but it's totally out of my depth.

>Does that sound better to you?
It does to me. I feel it provides an interesting solution to dealing with crowds of enemies.

>I can assure you they can be.
This is really making me wish I could get into the game and provide some authentic opinions on how classes should feel. Even with the difference in gamplay, MMOs just aren't my cup of tea, though maybe I just need to get some friends to play it with.
>>
>>
>>73469034
I stepped out because most players were on a wildly different timezone and general fatigue. I mean, due to having and maintaining 2 accounts both playing 3 characters at once, especially with the tactical implications of a turn-based strategy game you could tweak in all sorts of ways, I could tackle challenges way above my paygrade, but I'd have rathered played with friends.

When I tried to step back in, the game had become F2P with annoying "reminders" permanently on my screen that I could pay RL currency for in-game benefits like progressing faster. And don't get me wrong, money wasn't the issue, I payed for multiple accounts, extra privileges, and special equipments that level with you...

But constant ads in my field of vision with the hypocrisy of wanting more of my money while advertising "free"? Fuck Ankama.

So I am not recommending you play the MMO as of right now.
>>
>>73470115
>special equipments that level with you
I bought a few of those stupid Makabra Swords when they first came out. Then they released the Cards, better in every single way...

>But constant ads in my field of vision with the hypocrisy of wanting more of my money while advertising "free"? Fuck Ankama.
They have only just removed most of that stuff too, in the latest patch. Took them long enough.
>>
File: Rogue's Ruse.pdf (3.5 MB, PDF)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PDF
A lot of stuff in the Rogue is based on assumptions I've made while trying to make the bomb powers read well and that sort of thing, so let me know if I've missed something.
>>
>>73471646
It seems I made a mistake. Can't access my document at this time. A single character that's undefined should be a "it", not a she, he or they.

> "The first time it does..."

I'll take a closer look somewhere around wednesday.
>>
>>73472371
Oh, I'm just using the gender of the forward facing character in the image as though they're the iconic character like in 3.5e or PF, because it flows more naturally in the sentence. Should be fairly easy to change in an editing pass if it's an issue.
>>
>>73472705
We're speaking of a world where, I'm told, one can change skin colors, have its life linked to a big tree, sprout wings or become a robot fueled by a physical manifestation of stagnation and death based on prayers. Or if the kid is so very young, their parents' prayers. So before we get canon'd again, I won't make the assumption that gender even exist in that universe.

Furthermore, I heard hogwash about certain genders needing some sort of approval to do X. In french, even more so because without a true neutral gender-wise for objects and concepts (like a character class), because as they say "The masculine wins over the feminine". By doing this stuff in english, it gives me the luxury to close any potential whining at the source. No catering, no special treatment, no boysclub, no "women are restricted to certain classes". Nothing. Until a character is being roleplayed, it is an "it". Take my shit, own it and THEN give it a pronoun, when it is no longer my responsibility.

It's going to be "it". I'm lovin' "it". I want "it", but in french.

Likewise, I will change all mention of "race" or "racial" abilities either for "class". The original goal for the distinction, having powers that would be legit in a Boufbowl match, would be better served by another keyword anyway.
>>
>>73473664
I think that the robot one is something done deliberately.
>>
>>73473664
IIRC, children tend to be a specific class because of reincarnation.
>>
>>73476820
Yes, but they can change faith as long as it's before they turn 12 and their "spiritual hormones" set in.
>>
File: 1554953946556.jpg (181 KB, 1275x1650)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>73473664
Gender is a thing but the only place it carries any importance is in Brakmar which is specifically the cartoonishly evil nation. This was shown off in the season 2 boufball arc where girls were not allowed to play boufball or even allowed in the stadium.

A block away was a roadside stand that sold temporary genderbender potions. Down the block from that is the redlight district.
>>
>>73476975
It can happen later in life as well, if rarely. Case in point, Nox.
>>
>>73479324
That was only thanks to the Eliacube though, and even then it's just something Izmar mentioned on her blog ages ago, and it hasn't ever been touched again, so I wouldn't consider it a reliable fact.
>>
>>73479324
>>73479365
I think it's implied Nox was already a Xelor, since he was a clockmaker. The reason of why he didn't looked the part could be that he wasn't very much of a devoted praticant, and never bothered to learn Xelor magic before the apocalypse happened and the news of his family's death destroyed what little remained of his sanity.
>>
File: nox feca.png (43 KB, 678x407)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>73479473
The lead international CM at the time said Nox used to be a Feca, but it hasn't been brought up in any media or by anyone else at Ankama ever since: https://izmarvelous.tumblr.com/post/95990599427/does-prince-shak-shaka-really-have-two-classes-as
>>
>>73460750
I'd say an actually smart Iop that still follows all the commandments is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>73462463
Why does Ankama hate Feca? I don't think we ever got even decent side character out of them.
>>
>>73479703
Well the main character in Dofus is a Feca. Though he barely uses feca spells after volume 5 or 6, if any
>>
>>73462463
But the first watch is the easiest, the last one is the hardest.
>>
>>73479473
His wife said he had no talent for magic so it is possible to be faithful and have no powers.
>>
>>73480629
It's the principle of the thing. Being the first inspires others to follow suit... Hopefully.

>>73479552
I always thought Nox was just a below average Xelor. He made clocks before using the cube, after all.
>>
>>73465253
>>73469945
>>73481145
Cross referenced these pics. They’re official scrapped concept art of the gods as they would have appeared in the movie. Aside for Féca, Sacrieur and Pandawa being of the wrong gender, they look very cool.
>>
>>73481683
Bill is one of Anama's lead artists. I certainly wouldn't want the gods to get genderswapped but it would be pretty great to to see these designs in action somewhere.
>>
>>73477328
As you can see, Bonta is far more progressive with their brothels
>>
>>73481804
The gods can swap there gender at will anyway. Otomai, the Feca demigod, has a mortal mother.
>>
>>73481804
I would have loved them too. Would have been nice to see how the gods live in Inglorium. As for the gender bend, the designs could be easily corrected without sacrificing the feel of Bill’s designs: Sacrieur and especially Pandawa can just get feminized a little, Osamodas needs the boobs removed to look more like a bishonen, this kind of stuff. The only outlier would be Féca.

Speaking of Féca and character designs, am I the only one who dislikes how the class looks in Wakfu ? In Dofus, they had such a simple yet strong character identity as humble shepherds and shield knights, very nice and vanilla, with a dash of anime protagonist, but in Wakfu Ankama turned them into magitech nerds. The worst part is the change of main color from beige/bronze/gold to blue, especially horrendous on the hair. How does such a drastic change even make sense in-universe ?!
>>
>>73482493
Fecas aren't considered shepherds in Wakfu's time anymore, instead doubling down on their shielding magic and refining it into a science. I think Ankama realized this stepped onto the toes of other, more applicable classes (besides diverging too far from the original concept unlike the other class redesigns), and haven't really touched Fecas in anything past the Wakfu era as a result. In Waven, the latest game chronologically, Eniripsas are now the scientists...
>>
>>73482674
I'm mostly interested how feca will appear in Waven, with hope they rectify the shot....
>>
>>73480871
She just never bothered to get to level 2.

>>73476820 >>73476975 >>73477328 >>73479324 >>73479552
That's a whole lot of useless discussion. Not only will those subjects be irrelevant when forming a rulebook, they were irrelevant to prior materials, left undetermined until someone slapped in a bullshit explanation.

Case in point, you begin play (re)incarnated as an adult, in Incarnam, in the game. No birth, no youth, nothing. Then the Anime created kids, not only for Yugo to exist himself as a world that just spawned would've gone "wtf", but it made innocents to which anyone would side with in an instant, and brought the romance of Percedal and Evangelyne to another step.

So I will treat those concepts the same way: 100% irrelevant and to be added adhoc whenever storytelling requires it. Some GMs will have everything "spawn", others will get men pregnant (never said they can't in the World of 12, thus could be slapped into reality), and nobody has to care.

Meanwhile, thanks for the bumps.
>>
File: Gods (5).png (2.3 MB, 768x2188)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
Rule of cool keeps things moving along with relative ease, there's really no need to fuss over the minor details like if multiclassing is even possible. Multiclass with the rules and make it happen if you want to see it done. I'm sure the teams working on the comics and animated series aren't scrutinizing every game mechanic of the classes they depict. In fact, the games seem to have added entirely new classes based on content introduced in adjacent media. Pic related.
>>
>>73484263
Yeah, 4th edition's base rules makes multiclassing a design choice far more than the previous and following editions, as it is not just stacking on top, its modifying the base class at the cost of a Feat.

And since I plan to keep feats for skill proficiencies / expertise and (new) combat uses, as well as weapon proficiencies and similar things, I'll probably leave it there, without lore-based explanations.

In facts, I may even expand on these, creating actual "classes" to be used as the base game's hybrids, that will include things like:
> Shushu Guardian (Courage)
> Bounty Hunter (Vitality)
> Noble (Will)
> Craftsman (Intelligence)
> Bodyguard (Agility)
> Soldier (Strength)

But I'll cross that bridge when I'll get there.
>>
Okay, got 12 out of 13 classes done. Pandawa is left and >>73411889 said he would look into "writing something up" for them (If you read this, please confirm). I am in no hurry to get working on it myself, so I think I'm going to work on universal powers, then flesh out a bestiary lvl 1-5.

I'll then proceed to bump every class to level 3 (meaning Utility Powers and Encounter Powers). Then another run at it 'till lvl 5 (New Daily powers), and just like that, Tier 1 characters will be completed.

Which should be easy enough. Especially if some anons tell me in this thread what they wish their favorite classes were able to do fluff-wise so I can make rules for it.
>>
ded
>>
New thread soon. Will dump pdfs at their start.
>>
>>73482674
Got any more Feca art?
>>
>>73486843
Watch it anon, she's the goddess of sheperds, not fertility...Though she apparently does have a flirtatious streak.

I wonder how she feels about the arc her anime protagonist disciples are going through after the apocalypse.
>>
File: Fecas_v2.jpg (1.06 MB, 1636x1228)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
She may need to try a different tactic though considering how few of her disciples we see.
>>
>>73376860
New thread >>73487332
>>
Why sacrier get my pp hard
>>
>>73473664
>Furthermore, I heard hogwash about certain genders needing some sort of approval to do X. In french, even more so because without a true neutral gender-wise for objects and concepts (like a character class), because as they say "The masculine wins over the feminine"

Contrary to common opinion many English terms do have a grammatical gender. "Ships" are often referred to in the feminine. It's just that grammatical genders are associated more with classes of things than with the term itself.

An undefined character should be feminine in English, as in the sentence "if one where to act like this, she would find herself into a lot of trouble".
>>
>>73487342
Why did you make a new thread while this one hasn't hit the bump limit yet?
>>
>>73487989
Because FUCK YOU that's why!
>>
>>73487989
Frenchies are weird like that.
>>
>>73487204
Those are all Fecas?
>>
New Thread
>>73487332
>>
>>73464587

Why are ecaflips (and Miranda in particular) the best?
>>
>>73376860
Can we dump some art and get to the bump limit, please?
>>
File: barbottinecorbeaunoir.jpg (2.18 MB, 2552x3496)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>73490752
Besides Ecaflip being the coolest of the gods, Miranda's got the uniqueness of being a bit of an Enutrof. She certainly embodies the nurturing cat side of an Ecaflip's kit, rather than the risk-taking side.
>>
God damn it now I wanna try Wakfu again.
>>
>>
File: Ecaflips_v2.jpg (2.39 MB, 2044x2044)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>
>>
Anyone know where I can read the translated version of the Corbeau Noir comic?
>>
>>
>>
File: doufusmovie.webm (2.89 MB, 1000x544)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>73493828
Here's pretty much everything that has been translated or fantranslated to english: https://pastebin.com/Waq1WzVv
>>
File: Keke_skillz.gif (1020 KB, 300x169)
1020 KB
1020 KB GIF
>>73493960
Blessings be upon you, anon.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Bed time.
>>
>>73482187
heaven
>>
File: 1465618954439.png (1.02 MB, 1280x725)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>73494818
>>
>>73494670
How strong would he be as an adult, I wonder?
>>
>>73496169
>>73484263 see pic
>>
File: 1587787972063.png (542 KB, 1280x1006)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>73494670
>>
>>73497687
fug
>>
>>73497687
I now desire ass
>>
File: ae8.png (476 KB, 1024x921)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>73503099
Oh, fine.
>>
>>73503172
thank you anon
>>
>>73503172
I want to ____ that cat
>>
>>73503172
nice
>>
>>73493792
Does anyone have any good art of the one opposite Miranda with her girlfriend?
>>
products (especially shows) that are this sexy but that I know will not give the slightest bit of pay-off, it really frustrates me
>>
File: a38.gif (2.84 MB, 480x360)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB GIF
>>73507272
You sound a little upset about something, anon. Why don't you help with this project and make the pay-off you seek?
>>
File: b20.gif (2.77 MB, 427x220)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
>>73507272
Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling you'd enjoy the after credits scene to the Dofus movie
>>
>>73507349
I want to pollinate her flower if you know what I mean.
>>
>>73493974
What the...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.