[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: derp_inception.jpg (40 KB, 451x600)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>Guys, swinging a sword real good should be just as powerful as manipulating energies that can split mountains, move people hundreds of miles or trap souls
>>
>>67224792
Why are the two options presented as equal then?
>>
>>67224792
I'm glad we agree. Well, that was productive: what next?
>>
>>67224872
The sword guys get to be meat shields for the wizards until they level up.
>>
>>67224792
Yeah, swinging a sword hard enough to split mountains, throwing people hundreds of miles is just as good as the magic equivalents, glad we could agree. Shame you can't trap souls by swinging a non-magic sword, but hey, you can also survive falls from orbit where casters die to a dozen arrows, so it's cool.
>>
>>67224792
>Implying I cannot kill a mans soul with my sword
If I can cut mountains, I WILL cut aether.
>>
>>67224940
>Not having sword techniques so perfect that it rends the victim's soul as well as their body

Get on my name level, son.
>>
>>67225022
At that point I think we're hitting the powers of philosophical enlightenment, which is beyond both martials and casters but can be achieved by both.
>>
This is what a true swordsmen should be capable of.
>>
>>67224944

https://youtu.be/0mbyqG9Etn8

But Anon, a soul can't be cut.
>>
>>67224792
I know how stupid of a concept martial characters being able to punch through mountains and redirect rivers with strength alone
>>
>>67225223
How is the idea of a character strong enough to redirect a river any more fantastical than a character being able to cast spells?
>>
>>67224792
The issue here isn't that peoples want those two to be equal, it's that it is dumb that the two can be reached with the equal amount of in game effort.
If it took more XP to become a level 20 mage than a level 20 warrior, sure, that would make sense. But it's not the case, and that show a complete lack of understanding of balance in a game. The general rule is: if something is better, it take longer/more effort to obtain" (in game, you can't just hand-wave as "yeah but my mage studied for a very long time).
Either make level 20 mages as strong as level 20 fighter, make fighters as strong as mages by allowing them to do shit way beyond what's normal in our world, or make it so mages need more XP to level up.
>>
>>67225279
Its sarcasm Anon
>>
>>67225087
That's not how cutting works
>>
>>67224792
>guys, I should be able to play someone with the power of a god next to those who don't in a team game
>>
>>67224792
>Guys I'm way stronger than you all, I can split mountains with a single spell
>WTF Why aren't you guys stopping the enemy from attacking me?!1!1!!11
>>
>>67229701
The joke is that King didn't actually swing the sword at all. It got stuck in the sheath. King just got lucky over and over until he got a reputation for being this OP badass when he's just an average dude. This has only compounded itself because his reputation makes people assume he's doing badass stuff all the time.
>>
>wizards get punched in the throat and can't cast spells
>they can't do anything but just lay around gasping for air
>>
>>67230094
What do you he’s just an average guy. His battle engine is so intense that a monster fled in terror. He once talked to a monster and it fucking died. King is the most powerful hero in the association he even surpasses Tatsumaki and Blast. Caped Baldy, who is that jobber?
>>
File: 00214.jpg (182 KB, 966x644)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>67225205
Not with that attitude it can't.
>>
>>67224792
When will this bait stop working?
>>
File: Untitled.gif (499 KB, 500x283)
499 KB
499 KB GIF
>>67224792
Good point. They should be stronger than them.
>>
>>67224792
Guy who can swing sword is so precise he can cut atoms and create nuclear explosions. Your turn.
>>
>>67224872
One of them is the trap Nubes
>>
File: Use Magic Item.jpg (22 KB, 480x346)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>67224792
>Guys, people with magic can only exist in roleplaying games if they literally have the power of God
>>
File: noitpecni_pred.jpg (81 KB, 451x600)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>67224792
>Guys, magic should allow player characters to split mountains, move people hundreds of miles or trap souls
>>
>>67224792
>his legendary swordsman don’t split mountains
>his legendary demigod Paladin’s Shield rushes don’t move people hundreds of miles
>he doesn’t have magic items, a staple of the iconic heroic warrior, Martials can use in his setting to trap souls
>>
>>67231804
Precision is irrelevant if the sword itself cannot cleave atoms in twain.
>>
Why the fuck do salty caster fags think they have any chance or the game should be balanced around their weaknesses?
>Guy who spends four decades learning how to light a candle after a week long ritual
>This should be balanced around martial might that can channel chi into impenetrable shields, kill foes with their auras, or reincarnate in new bodies to regrow their powerful Numen

Why do Wizard fags think they should be equal? Retarded as fuck.
>>
>>67232154
Yes, but a vaporized man can't engage in debate.
>>
>>67232477
t. salty fighterfag
>>
>>67231804
Gb2 hammerfell and try not to ruin this kalpa too.
>>
>>67224872
They aren't. Martials are for babby's first D&D character whom they fuck around with until they manage to wrap their head around to playing casters.
>>
>>67230094
>King is an average guy
The fuck are you talking about? he's #1, he's a fucking monster, metaphorically, able to defeat any threat. Stop spreading lies
>>
>>67224792
>dude doing card tricks should be able to manipulate energies, split mountains, move people hundreds of miles or trap souls
>>
>>67224792
>>67232070
Play Exalted. (Lore from 2nd, mechanics from 3rd)
>>67234928
Choose a Sidereal.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.