[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mir-208-brushwagg.png (1.85 MB, 745x1040)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
Brushwaggin' Edition
Previous Thread: >>67216777

>Official Site: Contains rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often explain strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what cards everyone else puts in their Commander decks.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by Commander color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Official search site. Current for all released sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>GOAT search interface and hi-res cards
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Topic
You're in charge of updating all creature types. Go.
>>
File: SotS.jpg (1.4 MB, 3336x2448)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
Should I play Deathpact Angel over Seraph of the Scales? I'm running Teysa in the deck plus a few other with afterlife, but afterlife is like an afterthought in the deck, since it's mostly lifelinking vampires and extort.

I think I should find a spot for Ministrant of Obligation, but it does nothing except make two creatures...

(Also, why are Orzhov angels so much sexier then Boros angels?)
>>
>>67222297
>Should I play Deathpact Angel over Seraph of the Scales?
nope
>>
Anyone here has the ms paint draws of the players of each guild?
The were post month ago but I can't find them.
>>
@anon in last thread who said this... what makes you say that?
>>
>>67222319
just google image search "harlequin baby" and it should come up
>>
>>67222315
Ministrant of Obligation over Orzhov Advokist...?

I like Orzhov Advokist in Multiplayer games...
>>
>>67222297
>(Also, why are Orzhov angels so much sexier then Boros angels?)
We use it for prostitution dude, they have to look good.
>>
>>67222297
>Also, why are Orzhov angels so much sexier then Boros angels?
Because there are far fewer of them, thus less opportunity for them to be ruined. That being said, Razia, Justice Strike Waifu, Aurelia, and Angelic Skirmisher are all cuties. The Firemanes have a bad case of 'drawn by Wayne Reynolds', and the less said about Intervention, the better.

But keeping in mind that there's only Seraph of the Scales and Deathpact Angels, who, while both 10/10, are also not redheads and counterbalanced by Angel of Despair.
>>
>>67222290
Based.
>>
>>67222334
>Binding of Isaac.jpeg
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>67222290
fpbp
>>
>>67222334
durr
>>
>>67222369
>Saying the baldie is not hot
Smh
>>
File: good doggo.png (827 KB, 540x720)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
FUCK SPIKES AND FUCK BLUE
>>
>>67222369
Light of the Legion is pretty hot, if you like cinnamon.
>>
>>67222216
>TQ
Ouphes are the new green tribal replacing elves.

It fits, what with Green's disdain for all things artifice.
>>
File: c17-7-stalking-leonin.jpg (176 KB, 672x936)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>67222216
>You're in charge of updating all creature types. Go.
Absolutely no changes. Too much work to appease literal autists. Have a card that triggers different types of autism.
>>
>>67222423
Second.
>>
File: 1506059851617.jpg (58 KB, 200x200)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Win or lose, it's all about the experience and friends you make along the way!
Get out there and have some fun!
>>
>>67222555
Thanks, Motivational Urabrask!
>>
>>67222216
Naga are Snakes

Jackals are Hounds

Add a keyword that consolidates stupid creature types that are barely different.
>>
>>67222324
nayrt but I mean it's Sen Triplets... come on. You don't just give someone a Sen Triplets and not expect them to get the hint.
>>
>>67222216
TQ
Rhinos, Boars and Elk are beasts
Jackals are hounds
Nagas count as snakes
Avens are birds
>>
Should I swap Jodah for Golos?
>>
File: 1562909756279.png (1.19 MB, 1369x625)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
So this video can only be taken in three ways:
First is that this cuck is making fun of how people are so thin skinned in edh and if something isn't banned it should be fair game
Second is he's making fun of spikes for being assholes.
Third is this is just a way to get views by attempting satire.
The first option is honestly the most dangerous. It implies that banning everything that is against the spirit of edh is the only way to quell the tryhards or the people who have a collection older than a few years.
Either way I wish I could remove my view.
>>
>>67222965
he is anti-ban list, so it's the second option
>>
>>67222888
Avens are birds.

They're listed as being birds on their creature type...
>>
>>67222888
>Avens are birds
well they are
>>
>>67222962
Yeah.
>>
>>67222672
i don't get it
>>
>>67223094
Then you dont deserve to get it.
>>
>>67222991
I'd go with option 3. Bait is bait
>>
>>67222555
the fact that urabrask is an aggressive but freedom loving phyexian is confusing and great. i hope koth and urabrask are friends.

>>67222962
if you have a deck where you can just swap out the commander then you didn't build the deck well.
>>
>>67222965

I didn't hate it. Was I supposed to? He's just being a fucking dork, as usual.
>>
>>67223129
no anon. you're supposed to get upset and cry about everything. are you new here?
>>
>>67222324
Dats some poly shit
>>
>>67223119
Not that guy, but sometimes I just use a commander for the colors and has no bearing on the contents of the deck.
>>
>>67223119
>if you have a deck where you can just swap out the commander then you didn't build the deck well.
brainlet statement
>>
>>67222555
Should i build Urabrask mono red?
>>
>>67223106
uhhhh
>>
>>67223160
>sometimes I just use a commander for the colors
cringe
>>
>>67223160
gross
>>
File: shame.gif (259 KB, 220x227)
259 KB
259 KB GIF
>>67222965
something tells me you're one of those "tryhards" you mentioned.
>>
Smoothbrains
>Buy Mana Echoes for Elemental tribal
Bigbrains
>Buy Mana Echoes for Kykar
>>
>>67223183
Yiss
>>
Now that the London Mulligan is officially adopted look for Grenzo, Dungeon Warden decks spiking in price. I'd buy them out now. Under the new rule it is smart to intentionally mulligan a few time and then put some choice picks on the bottom of the deck on purpose, knowing what Grenzo does.

Any other decks/strats that are going to spike in power? What about power diminishing?

>TQ
Waterfront Bouncer isn't a fucking merfolk wotc, fuck you.
>>
>>67223365

transcendant brain
>proxy mana echoes
>>
>>67222534
I use this fucker in my Roon flicker deck and he is a house. I just write (you) on the paper because I just flicker him when you attack me.
>>
>>67223394
>Under the new rule it is smart to intentionally mulligan a few time and then put some choice picks on the bottom of the deck on purpose, knowing what Grenzo does
Fuck, my guy. That's some smart thinking.
>>
>>67223394
Tunnel visioning yourself is good way to deck out now, for hermit druid style combos.
>>
>TQ
change all dinos back to beast lizards.
Turn human evergreen with reminder text akin to walls used to be, making sure to remove human from the subtype line to stop the horror.
>>
>>67223394
>look for Grenzo, Dungeon Warden decks spiking in price
how does a deck spike in price?

i run grenzo dungeon warden. it's a good deck. it always has been. the london mulligan is especially nice with grbenzo but it's not really going to make the deck become explosively powerful.
>>
>>67223467
Most grenzo decks run a good 8-10 cards that interact with the bottom of the deck specifically and only run them because of the line of text saying "put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order."
Now there is an official ruling that also does this same thing. Its natural to assume he would spike because of this.
I'm not saying mtg speculators are smart, they often jump on any fad in the hopes of making some shekels. I'm just saying don't be surprised if his price jumps.

I don't know of any other commander that benefits from the rules change quite like Grenzo does. He is a unique oddity.
>>
>>67223420
totality brain
>mana echoes in Grenzo for an instant oops I win if anyone makes any move or does anything that isn't split second.
>>
>>67223508
>Its natural to assume he would spike because of this.
i mean i guess grenzo could spike...from 75 cents to a dollar? if you buy a hundred of them you could make 25 dollars...???

>I don't know of any other commander that benefits from the rules change quite like Grenzo does.
i mean, in addition to the side effect of putting cards on the bottom of your library, lots of commanders benefit from the versatility of the new mulligan rule.
>>
>>67223341
I'm not a try hard. I'm a guy who has been playing since 2011 who has a collection of cards that I apparently can't play due to the unwritten rules of edh. I'm lumped in with the grognards who play cedh just because I have access to powerful spells and use them? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>67223570
>>67223570
>aside from doing the one thing Grenzo wants, lots of commanders benefit from the versatility of the new mulligan rule.
NONE of them come even close to gaining shit compared to him.
>>
>>67223601
>NONE of them come even close to gaining shit compared to him.
do you actually play grenzo or are you just theory crafting? i've played dungeon daddy for years.
>>
>>67223570
>being upset some rando spilled the beans on your speculator shits instead of telling you in a DM in your speculator discord
cope and seethe
>>
>>67223620
i don't invest in cards and if i did i wouldn't be playing the penny slots.
>>
>>67222369
But Angel of Despair is literally the hottest one. I’m still disappointed they moved away from Orzhov angels having a more distinct design.
>>
>>67223617
He is one of the 4 decks I routinely pilot. Being able to look at your 7, then put all the creatures directly on the bottom and holding all the land is a good idea now. You can even do it multiple times to look for better stuff and are promoted to do it more than once.
This new rule gives you a free charbelcher or Jar of Eyeballs type activation, for free, before the game even starts.
>>
>>67223119
>Koth is rescued by Karn Anti-Phyrexia force
Sorin, Elspeth, Tezzeret and Garruk
>Tezzeret is portaling out survivors in the Furnace Realm
>Garruk has gone to hunt the Praetors
>taunted until he just fucking annihilates Jin and becomes more and more demonic like Ob Nixilis, but he's at odds with himself and the transformation is slow and painful
>Koth and Urabrask fighting Atraxa as she leads the assault on the invaders
>Urabrask and his remaining Phyrexians grab Atraxa and drive her into the core - in his eyes compleating her
>Karn using Garruk's Chain Veil curse and his own Spark to activate the Cylex, purifying him after he's redeemed himself in his own eyes killing the Praetors
Coming soon to a store near you, Karn's Saga, Karn's Legacy and Karn's Destiny.
>>
>>67223617
>play Grenzo for 3 mana
>turn 4 just activate him twice and get 2 guaranteed hits
>all because of a rules change
>>
File: sure lol.png (784 KB, 500x670)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
>>67223576
>I have access to powerful spells and use them
>I'm not a try hard
>>
>>67223646
i'm not saying it's bad. i'm just saying it's pretty minor. the deck isn't going to gain much in terms of power or consistency and it's definitely not going to make grenzo cost more than a dollar.

i don't think most people mulligan enough to begin with.
>>
>like big tiddy goth girls
>don't like playing commanders that everybody else plays
what should I do bros, do I build teysa karlov or not
>>
File: 078.jpg (73 KB, 312x445)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
HOLD THAT THOUGHT
>>
>>67223576
>I'm a guy who has been playing since 2011 who has a collection of cards that I apparently can't play
2011 eh? I see you're new here.
>>
>>67223713
you should get a girlfriend and stop annoying us with your prepubescence.
>>
>>67223713
If you want to be unique and special and have a big tiddy goth gf, build Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts.
>>
>>67223713
no
build Teysa, Orzhov Scion
>>
>>67223681
Grenzo is the only one now that you don't think about it. You can happily mulligan 5 times with a smile. And it will probably be better and faster than just keeping a good 7 and going from there.

I appreciate you being the anti-chicken little but you are softballing how much of an improvement this is for Grenzo while literally NO OTHER commander is affected either way.
Its nothing but gain for Grenzo, and nothing else for anyone else, all because of a rules change.

Its kind of fucky.
>>
>>67223773
>Grenzo is the only one now that you don't think about it.
yeah............

>how much of an improvement this is for Grenzo
it's not a big deal. it's nice though.
>>
File: 1562953884590.jpg (439 KB, 672x936)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>67223753
>>67223731
Don't be silly. I don't even see that many Tesya Karlov and she's the best. worst art though
>>
Need advice.

I've had the same 5 decks for few years (since Worldwake, when I lost interest in standard and got into edh), mostly because im too lazy to unsleeve double sleeved cards. I've got a decent size binder (800 pages give or take), been picking cards up every new set, since lorwyn but haven't modified my decks since dark ascension.

Should I take apart every deck and remake from scratch?
>>
>>67223798
Have you played under the new rules? I have a few times and I intentionally mulliganed each game 3 times and it was like having a T1 Sol Ring every time.

>>67223808
She is the best because 4cmc 2/4s are the single best stats in the game. Always have been, always will be.

>>67223820
Deck building is its own reward. If you get enjoyment out of it go for it, if not why are you playing edh?
>>
>>67223773
How many people play grenzo though? 1 commander (especially a mono red one) getting a small buff isn’t that big of a deal really
>>
>>67223820
>haven't modified my decks since dark ascension.
how is this possible? all of your decks have got to be super dated and under tuned.
>>
File: umaru25.jpg (35 KB, 500x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>67223808
>"Teysa Karlov is the best Teysa"
boi have you seen a tuned Orzhov Scion deck? That shit is an absolute hellfire of murder and annihilation, and can compete with some of the more ridiculous cEDH decks. Painter's Servant also happens to have just been unbanned...
>>
Anyone else just fucking cringe when they see someone bring out a mono-color deck? 2-Color decks are barely acceptable, but why the hell would you actually gimp yourself and play mono-color? Mono-color decks are usually gimmicks or the players think they are better than everyone else for being mono-colored. It is mathematically proven that 3-Color is optimal and gives you more play styles. It is even more cringe when they stuff their decks with snow covered lands with zero cards that synergize with them. Whenever I see someone sit down with their snowflake mono-color deck I target them first to kick them off of their throne and to make them realize how three colored-deck would be more fun for them to play with. Of course there are some exception to this rule when you enter cedh land.
>>
>>67223883
t. Atraxa Superfriends player mad that he can't take down Big Fireball Neheb
>>
>>67223883
Then you’re just a spiteful little bitch. Dude build what you want to play and let everyone else play what they want. They don’t have to fucking build their decks to suit you.
>>
>>67223846
>Have you played under the new rules?
yes. it's nice but not a huge deal. mulliganning so that you have fast mana is much more important. i can put a creature from my hand onto the bottom of my library or i can just activate grenzo blind and get a creature 65% of the time anyway. tutors and fetchlands also negate the advantage completely.

>>67223862
this is rakdos grenzo we're talking about.
>>
>>67223862
>1 commander (especially a mono red one)
based retard.
Read pic related, then read the London Mulligan rule and come back.
>>
>>67223883
>why the hell would you actually gimp yourself and play mono-color?
U FUKIN' WITH MY SQUID ANGEL BAE!?
>>
>>67223864
actual laziness, I have chronic pain so unsleeving 200 times for a deck is impossible without someone to help me. Now they're more a showcase of edh meta in the past (got rafiq, karador, wydwen, etc).

Also one of my decks will never have new cards since it's old border tribal chromium

>>67223846

mainly cause I have a lot of older cards and was tired of standard rotating out
>>
>>67223883
>atraxa 4c never got past 1 land against a Titania player and is now coping.
>>
>>67223910
My bad. Still, I don’t mind if 1 commander gets a small buff. There are tons of commanders and it’s not like grenzo is both ridiculously oppressive and super popular
>>
>>67223883
>why the hell would you actually gimp yourself and play mono-color?
sometimes when you kick ass too much you need to put yourself at a disadvantage to make things fun.

> It is even more cringe when they stuff their decks with snow covered lands with zero cards that synergize with them.
???
>>
>>67223905
My problem is that they are purposely limiting themselves to how much fun they can have. I just assume many mono-colored players are just poor or stupid, unless they are playing a finely tuned Urza or something.

>>67223904
I didn't say 4-color smooth brain.
>>
>>67223932
Well if you have chronic pain that isn't normal and you should have prefaced that in your blogpost.
>>
>>67223883
Bitch what the fuck? Get dabbed on some more by Arcum Dagsson or whoever buttblasted you into posting this potentially fresh pasta, faggot.
>>
>>67223932
>I have chronic pain so unsleeving 200 times for a deck is impossible without someone to help me
damn dude that sucks. if somebody close to me was in this situation i would 100% volunteer to help. i think if it's been a really long time you might as well start from scratch with a clean slate.
>>
I love angles!
>>
>>67223958
maybe they intentionally limit themselves because they are from an era where every color doing everything wasn't real and is patently shit in practice.
Winning while having limitations is thrilling. Winning when you've taken all limiters off gets boring very quickly.
>>
>>67223883
>gimp yourself by playing mono

i would bet my left nut my azami deck would never lose to anything you brought to the table
>>
>>67223950
I turned my 8 forests snow covered in titania for mouth of ronom and Frostwalk Bastion. No downside in that deck.
We did have some rando making fun of someone in our pod because he turned his Freyalise deck snow covered. We kicked that guy out of the pod for not knowing lore.
>>
>>67223978
Tell me about any normal person that purposely breaks their legs/get no sleep/blinds themselves before any other type of game or competition and enjoys it. What your are describing is pure masochism and a mental illness.
>>
>>67224005
yeah...snow lands are generally just better because of lens. even if you don't run lens you can occasionally benefit from somebody elses.
>>
>>67224008
choosing not to play a color in a card game is in no way applicable or comparable to actual self harm.
Get some new bait, the sissyboi selesnya "i'm so scawed guize I'm going to a new lgs tonight uguuuuu" shit was more effective.
>>
>>67224029
I'm 100% convinced they modeled the new full art snow lands after dragon dildos and refuse to use them because of it.
Seriously, they all look like dragon dildos.
>>
>>67224043
Damnit anon, now that's in my search history
>>
>>67223883
Answer that to my Teshar/Sun Quan/Toshiro/Zirilan/and Titania decks, weak dick.
>>
>>67223986
>internet tough guy
Cringe.

>>67224030
Okay, how about a chess player that refuses to use their queen. A ticket to ride player that refuses to pick black tickets. A tennis player that refuses to use backhands.
>>
File: 354547821376.jpg (42 KB, 680x684)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>67223976
>ywn get your minimalistic art approved by WotC in your lifetime
>>
>>67223883
>dabs on u with my gisa zombie tribal

nothing personnel, cedh bab
>>
Does anyone do anything utterly autistic when playing their decks? Here's one I do:
>Add Dunes of the Dead and Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai to my Titania deck
>Dunes makes a 2/2 zombo, Gods' Eye a 1/1 spirit (no flying)
>I will always sac these and then protect them with everything I have
>I pretend that the soul and zombie are all thats left of the one man that loved Titania and won't ever rest until he sees her again
>my dream is to win thru combat with that 2/2 and that 1/1 just to defend my lady's honor
>get unreasonably upset when people target my fucking 1/1
>go full tilt and throw the entire game if someone slights my rp experience
>I will ban you from the group if you play any black enchants that give tokens -2/-2, not the card, you.
>>
>>67224087
If they win while doing that it is commendable and you not seeing that squarely lands you in the autism camp.

>>67224068
I'm right though, aren't I?
>>
>>67224107
Excluding lands, all of my EDH decks combined are singleton.
>>
>>67223883
>_______ ______ ____
>>
>ban the angel because it can combo out with painters servant and they want to release the painter
>oh well it’s a 2 card combo and the commander is one of the cards so it’s too strong
>in mono white

>be me
>play innala
>grixis
>grab the merfolk
>no other cards needed, one card infinite
>this is okay

Hmmmm
>>
>>67224043
if you're looking for something you'll see it everywhere

>>67224107
>Does anyone do anything utterly autistic
nope. you're the only autistic person in the world.
>>
File: 1527602109858.png (164 KB, 249x308)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>67224107
>>
>>67222297
>>67222369
Because Boros has angel qweens despite not being a black guild.
>>
File: 1562955464853.png (7 MB, 2351x2443)
7 MB
7 MB PNG
>>67223883
Bitch Lasagne

Post'em
>>
File: 1530832866757.jpg (182 KB, 600x976)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>67224140
>that face

every fucking time.

WOTC I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE HOT BLACK CHICKS, IVE SEEN IT.

I DONT CARE IF YOU WANT TO STUFF YOUR SHITTY GAME WITH DARKIES AND FAGS, BUT AT LEAST MAKE THEM ATTRACTIVE GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>67224155
I built both Rasmataz and Nebbu. They'e both great, though if I had to pick one I'd go with Rasputin himself. He's ramp in Azorious, which is more crucial than one would think.
>>
>>67224140
Wait, is that the actual art? If so that's literally the worst art I've ever seen of a magic card. It's offensive in myriad ways.
>>
>>67224140
Thats the same face I make when looking at most of the new cards.
There was a cutie black girl on a red card recently. She scry 1 when you cast a noncreature spell I think. She's a cutie.
>>
>>67224087
>my multi color deck is so good id beat all mono deck
>what? you are saying you could beat me? wow nice internet tough guy

what is it like going through like being so stupid?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4.33 MB, 2048x1496)
4.33 MB
4.33 MB PNG
>>67222555
>Nice trips Urabrask too bad it won't save you from being routed and put to death by Elesh Norn
>>
>>67224134
So that's why my gf's cock looks like a dragon dildo. Thanks anon.
>>
>>67224188
>If so that's literally the worst art I've ever seen of a magic card.
it's not great but you honestly haven't looked at enough magic cards if that is the worst art you've ever seen. it's in the bottom 30% probably.
>>
>>67224200
>>67224178
>showing evidence of your imperfection
You get compleated first you scum
>>
File: IMG_20190712_211806.jpg (5.52 MB, 5952x3348)
5.52 MB
5.52 MB JPG
Yall get anything in the mail?
still have JR Enorn, foil Academy Rector, and inventions in the mail
>>
>>67224107
That's actually pretty based. Have you actually banned anyone?
>>
>>67224220
What do you do for a living anon?
>>
>>67224234
have a job
>>
>>67224241
what kind?
>>
>>67224222
Just the one guy that had it in his deck. Virulent Plague I think. A real shame too, the guy was my next door neighbor and my ride for the night.
I have to protect my lady's honor though, rules are rules.
>>
>>67224250
Program, property management, move furniture if I'm bored of either.
>>
>>67224262
Who are you building, looks like a sweet deck
>>
Is anyone else upset about the rampant [character name]'s [thing] card names recently? My autism won't let me add any of them to decks that I'm not running the character in question as my commander.
>>
>>67224285
>My autism won't let me add any of them to decks that I'm not running the character in question as my commander.
you're going to be autistic about something no matter what wotc does.
>>
>>67224285
It is pretty pokemon-y
>>
>>67224262

will you buy me a loaded gun to kill myself with please
>>
>>67224285
yes it's dumb as fuck, one of the worst thing in MTG is the fucking Planeswalker Creep into every aspect of the game.
>>
>>67224330
The games origin is you're a planeswalker casting spells. "Planeswalker creep" is just bitching that they added a new card type to the game instead of making enchantments drowning with activated abilities.
>>
File: thot.jpg (11 KB, 326x326)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>67224255

god i would love to make you flip the table
>>
>>67224220
>Planar Cleansing
>Fumigate
I hope you're running Wrath of God, Austere Command, Cleansing Nova before those options anon. If you're running mono-white stax of some sort, might I suggest Suppression Field, Rule of Law, Blind Obedience, Spirit of the Labyrinth, and Armageddon + Flagstones of Trokair or Teferi's Protection.
>>
is edh the most chad game on /tg/
>>
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19184

Is it happening boys? Are we gonna get ban reversals? Sheldon retweeted that one survey as well, and in that survey at this point 41.5% of people are dissatisfied with the bans and only 36.2% are satisfied.
>>
>>67224357
Planeswalker is a shit card type and always has been, created not to improve the game, but rather to be a marketing ploy.
MTG was better when you were the planeswalker, and Urza was just a distant legend.
>>
>>67224276
Rebuilding the deck I never got bored of, shelved it because of EDH fatigue and not because the deck got old.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-only-yosei-deck-that-matters/
It's weird playing only like 12-15 white sources but it's a fine balance to teeter on and gives you access to important utility lands which I feel are necessary. If you have questions on how the deck works ask ahead!
>>67224285
I haven't like the trend of [Legendary's name] [comma] [the] [some title]
Especially the comma, I feel like (Judith, the Scourge Diva) could just be (Judith the Scourge Diva).
>>67224322
NO! I love you anon and will not! seriously I really care about everyone I meet even if I'm outwardly a dick(it's because I'm still insecure about being open to everyone). I've tried to end my life 6 times and luckily I failed all times. Was in a real bad slump but eventually the mantra of "life gets better" really did happen. I wish you all the best!
>>67224373
I've tried everything. I'm running wraths.dek and Ironically wrath isnt good enough for such a slow deck. I'd rather put them back in the deck, or hit more permanents, or even gain more life. Also Austere is ass. No matter what deck I've put it in it's been a 6 mana Cleansing Nova, and Cleansing Nova wasn't good enough
>>
>>67224098
It's not good art anon. People, yourself included, would be PISSED. Pseudo modern realism or postmodernism however...
>>
>>67224368
You wouldn't even make it past the phase 1 questionnaire.
>>
>>67223178
>Not tailoring a deck around a commander
>Choosing commanders for their colours, not their abilities
I hope you don't do this
>>
>>67224376
The general threads on /tg/ reflect their playerbase. The modern general is full of price-bitching and racism. The standard general is boring. The EDH general is just really gay.
>>
File: Its Urza.jpg (222 KB, 672x936)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>67224380
They made a legendary Urza card that you could play like 15 years ago.
>>
Should I run Kaya's Wrath over Fumigate just because is cheaper?
What are other 4 mana wraths?
>>
>>67224394
>Especially the comma, I feel like (Judith, the Scourge Diva) could just be (Judith the Scourge Diva).
Judith bugs me because on the one hand that's a really horrible name. On the other hand the card art is great and the concept of a twirly mezzo-soprano braining people with a big metal flail is pretty great too.
>>
>>67224424
Half of edh threads are anons on triple irony layers posting low effort shitposts and the other half is people willingly engaging knowing it is a blatant shitpost. Its all tongue and cheek and fully self-aware of what it is.
Those are ALWAYS the best communities on their respective boards.
>>
>>67224424
>The EDH general is just really gay
That's why it's the best general
>>
>>67224465
: /

ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>67224443
Depends on your manabase
4 mana has: Day of Judgment, Wrath of God, Dusk//Dawn, Damnation, Nevinyrral's Disk
At least from what comes to mind
>>
>>67224464
I know it's a fucking meme but I'm enough of a perv that I'm debating the merits of finding a Selesnya commander I like enough to make a deck and go buy a cage... Maybe keep the key in the deck box or the commander's sleeve.
>>
>>67224474
Crop Rotation is jank
>>
>>67224434
A) Only if you were deep into lore at the time.
B) It's not retarded power creep shit to sell boxes in a cheap money-grabbing scheme.
>>
>>67224484
literally -1 hand size, terrible awful card
>>
>>67224199
What is it like not knowing how form form a sentence?.
>>
File: shitposting.jpg (107 KB, 680x771)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>67224465
>>
>>67224488
Show us on the doll where the planeswalkers touched you.
>>
>>67224481
you can tear your dick off if you want to dude. i don't give a flying shit. it's not interesting or relevant. just because some stupid thought comes into your head doesn't mean you have to share it.
>>
>>67224481
give the key to the rakdos player in your group, let him own that little locked clit like he owns you in game
>>
>>67224505
boi they've been touching me wrong since Lorwyn.
>>
File: typo retard.png (253 KB, 720x529)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>67224500
>>
Can we talk more about how fucked up that one dude's boyfriend must be to give him fucking Sen Triplets as a romantic MtG gift?

Like come the fuck on: here is a trio of robotic controlling witches that will make everyone else hate you. There are so many red flags there I feel like I just walked into the Lenin mausoleum.
>>
>>67224464
>>67224481
jesus
>>
>>67224530
it's a great card. and pretty pricey. not everybody sees the world through your autism colored glasses. if you weren't autistic you'd probably have realized that.
>>
>>67224540
Remember: Every time you attack a Selesnya player, they're thinking "Harder Daddy!"

You've likely already contributed to their fetishes.
>>
>>67224546
i run sen triplets and the card/deck blows. its slow, clunky, gets you hated out, and doesnt have anyway to win on its own. if they get blown up you just durdle the rest of the game because they are now 7 fucking mana to recast and dont do anything the turn they come out. fucking dreadmaw colossus would be a more useful commander
>>
>>67224478
I'm trying to optimize my wipes until now I think in kaya's Wrath, god, damn, black sun, deluge and day.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>67224540
>>>67224481
please shame me more, i get off on it
>>
>>67224562
My gf plays Selesnya, I'm a lucky man
>>
>>67224488
>I'm completely on your side about it all, I was just stating an Urza was there and was made to sell packs to a subsection of the game. Look how shit he is, even in a color matters block. They just printed him so people would finally stop asking for an Urza card.

The fact that the new Urza is so insanely broken and so obviously so just from reading it is a concern though.
>>
File: later homo.jpg (41 KB, 591x468)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>67224580
>Being bad at deckbuilding
>>
>>67224580
Now just imagine a guy giving you that card as the ultimate symbol of his love.
>>
>>67224580
yeah the card sucks. there's no way it could be your deck building or skill at the game which is causing you to fail miserably.
>>
>>67224615
deck building has nothing to do with it. its a 5 mana commander that doesnt do anything the turn it comes out and will get you hated out of the game because no one wants their shit stolen. if you jam it full of wincons your better off playing almost any other esper commander. liek you could literally keep the deck the same and replace triplets with sharuum and actually be able to win
>>
>>67224530
I get what you mean. If I had a gf (fat chance) and she said she really likes the black Braids I'd dump her ass instantly.
That shit is a clear sign of mental patterns. People telling you its just in your head are luddites and don't think critically around the world around them at all.
>>
>>67224604
no one will ever love you or your mutilated body
>>
I want to make a 'bro hug' deck, where the concept is like group hug except it prefers to target specific players with its gifts. Doing this, I want to target the player that is furthest behind to ensure that the whole table is getting to play and have a good time.

Anyone got card suggestions for this? Im already familiar with the group hug staples, im looking for cards that are similar to pic related.
>>
>>67224659
you think that wont make me hard but it does
>>
File: Spoiler Image (233 KB, 672x936)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>67224664
Lulz
>>
>>67224664
phelddagrif
>>
>>67224671
you will die alone
>>
>>67224611
that first part wasn't meant to be greentext sorry.
>>
>>67224155
Do you run the infinite bears combo in Ayula?
>>
>>67223160
I'm not mad at you for doing this, but I would never do this
Commander is all about that SYNERGY bruh
>>
What is the point in Ayula when there are like 12 bears in the entire history of the game? How hard are they going to reach in future sets to find bear creatures to add? Its been years and we are still getting a solid trickle of cards purposely designed for commanders they printed years ago.

Its painful to see wotc's marketing so openly on display like this.
>>
>>67223160
Disgusting
>>
>>67224664
Play Will of the Council cards and only reward those who vote the way you want.
>>
>>67224664
Advocates.
>>
File: 1506389756658.gif (1.51 MB, 425x481)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
>>67224818
devilish
>>
>>67224796
>ppl wanted a bear commander
>wotc made a bear commander
why are you upset?

> there are like 12 bears in the entire history of the game
there are 25. not including all the changelings.
>>
>>67224796
I mean, look at what they're doing with wolfs an NuTolsimir.
>>
File: 1498572237326.png (448 KB, 846x900)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>67224854
>25 bears printed
>the best bear is taurean mauler
>>
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/catch-the-rainbow-2/

Another go at fishing for suggestions. I need some cuts, got a few more intuitive out of the way already.

Sai deck, land disruption and Urza/Patron to break the symmetry

Trying to shove Urza into my Patron deck.
>>
>>67224829
>>67224818
>>67224709
>>67224708

thank you for the suggestions bros, this gives me a start
>>
>>67224854
I'm not upset at all, I just don't get it.
There are only like 3 actual bears that are good even and they were all printed in the last year or so.
Its obvious we will be seeing bears sprinkled in sets for no reason but to seed this deck for years.
>>
>>67224605
(s)he's lucky too
>>
>>67224901
You DO know that Trade Secrets is banned, right?
>>
>>67224605
how big is her feminine penis
>>
>>67224885
>taurean mauler
>not mirror entity
>>
>>67224929
nothing is banned in commander.
>>
File: 1562894890857.jpg (219 KB, 1075x791)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>fuck-off huge bears that hunt alone because they are apex predators
>2/2
>tiny pussy wolves that have to hunt in packs to get shit done because they are weak
>also 2/2

what did wotc mean by this
>>
>>67224929
the banned list is merely a suggestion for kitchen table
>>
>>67224972
Wolves are cooler.
>>
>>67224972
>>67224972
any human that has stats above 1/2 is the real problem. The could have balanced the "humans" problem in the long term by never printing a human as more than a 1/2. 99% of them should be 1/1.
>>
File: 90% of Oglaf updates.png (173 KB, 1000x670)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>67224464
>>67225059
>>
>>67225059
Nice snow-covered lands you got there bro!
>>
>>67225059
seriously doubt that can fit in you.

It would probably just fall out
>>
>>67225059
matt?
>>
>>67225059
I sure do love magic the gathering
>>
>>67225106
Nope
>>
File: qex1q8rl48z21.png (891 KB, 1549x435)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>67225059
Tell me again they didn't model these lands after degenerate animal dildos.
>>
>>67225121
faggot?
>>
>>67225059
Fucking GW
>>
File: image0.jpg (59 KB, 556x500)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>67222216
So how long are we gonna tolerate this faggot's definition of "fun"?
>>
>>67225130
that island does look buttpluggish
>>
>>67225130
>only the BLACKED land doesn't involve dildo imagery
>>
>67225059
Please, PLEASE kill yourself
>>
>>67225130
....the swamp is a bit of a stretch. but i guess so are the other ones
>>
>>67225134
Yes
>>
>>67223883
[laughs in bloodmoon]
>>
>>67224712
im married with 2 kids but ok
>>
>>67225157
see
>>67225151
There is a clear message on display if you can read between the lines.
>>
>>67225059
Come to Brazil
>>
>>67225146
...never? No one uses their banlist. They all use their own which is usually like 4 personal cards that specific pod hating playing with/against.
>>
>>67224664
The hunted creature cycle
Dubious challenge
Guild feud, depending
Fog effects if they're getting swung at
Dictate of twin gods for their big swings
Targeted card draw
Scheming symmetry
>>
File: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Is there actually a singly fucking person besides Sheldon that wants to keep this card banned? There have been a decade's worth of cards released since it was banned and it's nowhere near as strong as it once was. Hell, it was always pretty shit.
>>67225218
If this was actually the case and not just your one anecdotal experience, why do so many people bitch about the banlist? Most of us have to play in LGS's or pods with strangers or people we don't know super well. Most people generally support the banlist.
>>
>>67224424
>modern
>racism
Its actually antisemitism, you kike loving faggot
>>
File: Sem Título.png (1.02 MB, 694x948)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>67225059
make this alter bro
>>
>>67225267
This is amazing
>>
>>67224285
I've just been thinking about this yesterday.
It's obnoxious and makes me hate this MCU planeswalker faggotry even more. I know card have been named like this forever, but it exacerbate current problems.
>>
Fags, you're 100ish posts early. Don't so this shit until the thread is autosaging. You know the rules, and if you don't respect them, there's little reason to reciprocate.
>>
>>67225059
>>67224464
Save these pics while you can
>>
>>67225296
It’s okay I live/work in a national park so there are hundreds of different WiFi networks I can post from
>>
>>67225262
No alternate wincon cards should be banned, no matter how stupid they are. On a similar vein, no self respecting pod would have anyone running any alt win cons as a matter of course so the discussion on should it be banned is never brought up.
>>
>>67225059
GW dragon dildo life counter when
>>
>>67225354
>no self respecting pod would have anyone running any alt win cons
Why not? They're fun
>>
>>67225347
That has nothing to do with anything. Keep it to yourself until the thread is autosaging.
>>
>>67225354
>>67225377
Coalition victory is a cute and flavorful card, and Sheldon hates it because it's an alt win con whenever it's much harder to pull off than a million other combos
>>
>>67225059
>search google for this image
>no results

Anon I..
>>
>>67225284
its become a real problem for me. There are like 40 of them in War of the Spark. I get that is the theme of the set but before that it was the Invocations/Expertise and other cycles of similar cards (those were at rare so it was doubly shitty).
Then in Horizens they had all the changelings that were just functional reprints of very boring cards with names that were just the old name but with change- added to it. On flavor its okay but you start seeing trends of very lazy card design. And its all over the game now.
The old Magus of [remember this card goy?] were just the start.
>>
>>67224140
They wuz truly angez
>>
>>67225382
I want to share my love of magic
>>
>>67224522
i'm glad there are people still mad about about lorwyn twelve years later
>>
>>67225377
They are fun once, and then never again, and only was fun for the guy who won the one time.
If you like alt wincons you should add a houserule that everyone rolls a D100 on upkeep. If you roll a 100 you win.

Its the same thing functionally. It gets boring real fast. Same shit as the guy who adds 1 infect creature to his deck when no one runs infect at all and insists he will never use it but always does when he "has to." Its a mindset that you shouldn't even have to go to when playing and no other person should play with someone that does think that way.
>>
>>67223976
I feel like I'm the only person who genuinely likes Weber's art
>>
>>67225059
>>67225374
The appropriate life counter would be couple dozen small beads on a string. The question is the starting life should be having them all out or having them all in.
>>
Okay, so on the non-faggot side who has some spicy techs for a sliver deck? I'm currently running primal surge as a late game wincon, and it's pretty alright if it doesn't get countered?
>>
>>67225510
I find it disturbing
>>
we had a nice thread and now you actual faggots ruined it
>>
>>67224399
Magic art fucking sucks and has become milquetoast bullshit. It's just like capeshit. It all looks the same and none of it is engaging or interesting.
>>
>>67225524
Was the last sentence a question?
>>
>>67225551
I just woke up and I pressed the wrong button like a retard lol
>>
File: lea-83-time-walk.jpg (105 KB, 563x451)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>67225510
You know I never noticed that she did the artwork for time walk too
>>
>>67225500
>If you like alt wincons you should add a houserule that everyone rolls a D100 on upkeep. If you roll a 100 you win
That's stupid, alt wincons aren't that random and do need work
>>
>>67225510
I like it, it's unironically better than the 90% of magic art that is knock-off fantasy shit.
>>
>>67223915
Yeah. It’s not really a big deal
>>
File: Spoiler Image (152 KB, 672x936)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>67225725
Ummmm no sweaty consistency is always better than creativity /tg/ told me so ok?
>>
File: Walk_the_Aeons.jpg (30 KB, 300x217)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>67225604
Translates very well into clean art and I wish they did more stylized shit these days.
Reddit's dick sucking has gotten Seb a lot of steam which is a good direction but I kinda wish they'd let someone else do neat shit.
>>
>>67223958
You aren’t the arbiter of how much fun someone can or can’t have with their deck. Jesus fucking Christ. The one thing I hate about this board is the superiority complex that so many of the people on here have
>>
>>67225510
i like some of weber's work. life matrix is neat
>>
>>67222324
I don't know why they thought that. I think it's cute that he knows what you like. Do you have a decklist? And is it full of cute shit?
I made my husband a "Unicorns and Machetes" deck that was just green and white cute fantasy creatures and vicious weapon equipment to teach him, and he loved it so much he still has it put together all these years later but has modified it to be viable.
>>
>>67225620
>Alt win cons need work
>Coalition Victory needs work
>The win con that requires you to cast your commander, in the format called commander, by using lands, the way you cast spells, needs work

Naw. Some of them need work, like barren glory. Others are at least as lame as any other infinite.
>>
So how do you win with Urza? I see a bunch of decklists that stax the rest of the table down and storm off with big mana, but how do you actually win the game from there? It's not just mashing dorks into people, is it?
>>
>>67225976
it's mashing dorks into people.
>>
>>67225976
laboratory maniac/lab jace is one way
>>
>>67225990
Oh. That's pretty lame. I was at least expecting some big artifact animation play like Antiquities War.
>>
Why is 90% of the art so fucking lame these days?
>>
>>67226024
wow it sure is hard to find a way to kill the table with Urza and infinite mana
of course you're not hitting people with the dorks you tard, if you can cast your deck you can do almost anything to win:
Lab Man/Jace, twister loops, hell you can ghostly flicker a Sunscorched Desert while twister looping for lethal if you want
>>67226067
needs to be uncontroversial
>>
>>67226067
Uniformity and the need to be inclusive and safe for everyone.

Only Seb is only regular that is really allowed to do his own style.
>>
>>67225976
are you serious? he has a wincon build into him with his last ability. just make infinite mana and labman like every other cedh deck ever
>>
>>67226067
Safe is better than good from a money-making point of view
>>
File: Spoiler Image (258 KB, 672x936)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>67225524
>>
>>67225976
Infinite Mana+ Lab Man/Jace/Walking Ballista/Targeted Mill
>>
File: golem.jpg (23 KB, 200x287)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I recently wanted to pick this up for my Mono Red browntown deck and was surprised why it is 15$. Was this heavily played in standard or something? Its only in 1k decks on edhrec and doesn't really fit anywhere besides colorless/red artifact decks
>>
>>67226140
Old set, printed once.
>>
>>67226140
>Was this heavily played in standard or something?
no, and if it were mirrodin standard was a very long time ago
Here's the answer to why x card is expensive:
Has it been printed once? Do casuls really want to play it? Do people that play real constructed formats play it?
if the answer is yes to several then that's why
>>
>>67225759
>that background
Christ that's bad.
>>
>>67226024
I’m trying to smash a Patron+Urza deck together. I kept the Hedron Crab, et al mill wincon. Still need cuts to make it playable though.

Sai is the actual commander though. Thopters and draw to power the early game. And to maybe appear unthreatening.
>>
>>67226221
"Real" constructed formats are the ones you can go to, win and get back your investment in the game or at last continue adding to your collection.
EDH is a cancer on the secondary market because people inflate prices over KITCHEN fucking TABLE magic.
>>
>>67226067
>>67226078
>>67226091
>>67226108
>>67226112
>try to make everything standardized and banal for the sake of conformity
>The same people play the game and if anything just hate the new art
I don't think anyone plays this game mainly for the art. It just left a bad taste in people's mouths who already played it. It's telling that the most loved art from Spark is Deliver Unto Evil
>>
>>67225976
Imprint a really good artifact onto Prototype Portal and make a ton of them.
>>
>>67225950
Coalition victory gets instantly fucked by a counter or any form of removal lmao what are you on about. Not to mention you're forgetting the casting costs, which aren't super cheap. They're not incredibly expensive, but if you have a way of generating infinite mana, there are more oppressive and unfun shit combos out there that can't even be stopped.
>>
Who is the best cats commander? Orloro seems super unfocused
>>
>>67226294
>Combos get fucked by a counter or any form of removal lmao what are you on about
>>
>>67226263
>try to make everything standardized and banal for the sake of conformity
>conformity

Get that stick out of your ass. Normies are intellectually threatened by interesting art, and MTG is a product that is being sold mainstream.

Also based on previous threads ad nauseam, 4chan has no place arguing about art criticism.
>bimbo fetish art
>reee brown people exist
>>
File: bucket sliver.jpg (26 KB, 337x469)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
>>67226375
haha, I really like this image
Mind if I send it to a frined? :)
>>
>>67226400
go for it
>>
>>67226348
No, they don't. Because when someone pops off a combo usually the triggers that enable the victory go on the stack before you even have a chance to react, and if not, they have responses such as a sac outlet, bounces, or their own counters.
Coalition victory is less cancer than some combos.
>>
>>67226359
2/10 bait
>>
>>67222216
>Update creature types
Jackals are hounds again.
Hero becomes a creature type again.
Lord becomes a creature type again.

That's all that really needs fixed, I think.
>>
I have about a spare 260 in ck store credit and a good ramp package, do I build:

Gishath Dino Stompy
Ghave combo
Prossh Aristocrats/Tokens
Yidris Lands

I can't decide, help me out fa/tg/uys
>>
>>67226533
>Because when someone pops off an alternative victory usually the triggers that enable the victory go on the stack before you even have a chance to react, and if not, they have responses such as a sac outlet, bounces, or their own counters.
>>
What's are your most spicy cards for Dakkon Chadblade?
>>
>>67224155
Post Yawg deck.
>>
>>67226140
Printed once and they printed a few "golems matter" cards in MH1.
>>
>>67226545
>big tiddy Teysa is fine art!
>people who hate me are sjws oppressing me, not possibly people revolted by my shit taste
>>
>>67226580
Ydris lands followed by Gishath. I ran ghave, shits boring and fragile. Prosh is still super hated.

What should I buy with $80 of store credit, a RB tortured existence deck in pauper, or most of a power artifact?
>>
>>67226580
build gishath doomsday
>>
>>67226294
The prerequisite for it to win is a creature of every color and a land of each color, right? Well your commander fits half of it on its own due to the unique nature of commander deck construction.
Its like that Felidar Sovereign card with the 40 life trigger. It just doesn't gel with commander and was patently not designed for it.
>>
>>67226597
If you think that applies to CV you are actually retarded. It checks for the wincon when it resolves, not when it's played.
>>67226630
I never even mentioned that, but go off. I enjoyed Teysa's old design because the orzhov signet on her dress looked nice. The new one is fine, but the angle she's at is weird and the outfit change seems weird. I care infinitely less about that and far more about how bland the card art is gotten
>inb4 YOU HATE BROWN PEOPLE
Old teferi cards looked good.
>>
File: 1552318647324.gif (1.18 MB, 209x180)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>>67225510
shes my absolute favorite artist

fren
>>
>>67226678
>If you think that applies to combos you are wrong, their effects only happen when they resolve, not when put on the stack
>>
>>67226644
Deck, can do more with it
>>
>>67226580
I have a gushath Dino tribal deck and it’s just ridiculously fun. Give him double strike and laugh as you start throwing Dino’s out left and right
>>
>>67226745
You're just repeating what I say but swapping wincon cards with combos or vice versa, epic argument. Combos often have components that put shit on the stack that no matter what you do outside of blowing up the entire stack will resolve. Wincons that check when they resolve rather than cast are vastly easier to prevent. I can't believe you're so assblasted over such a weak card. The fact you've deluded yourself into thinking it's worthy of a ban is insane.
>>
>>67226678
No, I’ll take a step back on that one. Bimbo Teysa is my current irritation with /tg/ acting like art critics
>>
On Coalition Victory and its ilk:
You fags are arguing over the wrong aspect of instant win cards. Who cares how fair or how broken they can be. This is the problem: You are being That Guy when you play with them. Not even when you cast them, when you add them to your deck you become That Guy. You are no different than the kid that screams time out when he is about to be tagged or makes up stupid house rules no one has ever heard about.
Except you have a piece of cardboard that says it for you. You are still being That Guy every time you play with it. You become the r-type fag that can't win on any fair metric when you are given like 4 actual routes that are legitimate. You can't win thru ANY of them, so you make up a way to win and most of the time don't even let the table know, you just drop it and Oops why is everyone mad?

Utter r-type behavior. It is how scavanger/bottom feeding animals operate in nature.
>>
File: 20190712_212956.jpg (2.66 MB, 2880x2160)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
Waddup?
>>
>>67226792
brush really b waggin
>>
>>67226791
Which alt wincon did you just lose to? Coalition Victory? Mechanized Production? Door to Nothingness? Felidar Sovereign?
>>
>>67226792
why tho?
>>
>>67226843
He got exodia'd in a yu-gi-oh match back in elementary school and never recovered.
>>
>>67226851
I think you underestimate the amount of fruitlessly complex with no yield long cons there are going on in /edhg/ at any one time.
>>
>>67226775
>Combos often have components that put shit on the stack that no matter what you do outside of blowing up the entire stack will resolve
I don't believe you, name literally one combo like this.
>>
>>67226843
You know how "the man with the axe takes it all" style poker is considered a woman's game?
Its the same mindset. You not seeing it is telling.
>>
>>67226843
You know how "the man with the axe takes it all" style poker is considered a woman's game?
Its the same mindset. You not seeing it is telling.
Alt-wincons are just another thing like mill, you love it when you are a newbie but it just seems pedantic and needless after you've actually played the game.
Its cool if you are still at that point in your magic hobby, most of us here are well past those days.
>>
>>67226851
Because no one was there to stop him

Where were you when the courage of men failed?
>>
>>67226934
Anything with ashnod's altar. Try to remove any of the pieces and they just sac everything they need to to make the combo work.
>>
>>67226934
Anything where triggering the effect can be done by doing it as a cost payment (before the colon on activated abilities).
Or something that is repeatable and they can just repeat the loop in response to anything you do.
Doing both of those things at once is nearly foolproof.
>>
>>67226941
>>67226956
Hey, Sheldon. I think you forgot to take your medication this morning.
>>
>>67226979
>Can't name a combo like that
Ok, you can just admit your wrong
>>
>>67227019
You're completely ignoring >>67226964
>>
What's the name of that land you can sac to put your commander into your hand from the command zone?
>>
>>67227072
command beacon
>>
>>67227072
Nvm, remembered it.
Alternate question: Why aren't you playing Command Beacon in all of your decks?
>>
>>67227019
Grenzo in play with a Skirk Prospector or Phyrexian Altar. Try to stop me from putting my entire deck into play.
>>
>>67227104
>someone answered it a full minute before you posted this
>lol I remembered it :^)
>>
>>67227104
Because you speculated on them all and I'm not paying for what people are asking.
>>
>>67227106
I don't know why I can't respond to you playing grenzo or ashnods altar
>>67226964
Same here
If he is saying that alt win conditions are fair because you can do stuff like counter coalition victory or second sun, why can't I counter the ashnods?
>>
>>67226902
My fucking sides. So true.
>t. Guy with 46 skullclamps he picked out of the bargain bin.
>>
>>67226791
Yeah my mayaels aria that everyone can see coming is just soooooo unfair lol
>>
>>67227214
You can’t counter ashnods sac because it’s a mana ability, and therefore doesn’t use the stack
>>
>tl;dr
Coalition Victory was banned in the inception of the format. It will never be unbanned because of it.
>>
>>67227253
the entire post was about how the argument isn't even about if its fair or not.
Its just bitch behavior mindset.
>>
>>67227270
you can respond to the trigger though
>>
>>67222555
Trips of truth, Urabrask, my friend!

>>67223662
I love this. But swap Elspeth for Ajani I think. Isn't she still "dead" or am I just behind? I haven't bought any new cards in a few sets due to money issues stemming from medical bills.

>>67226678
I like that Teysa was wearing different clothing on different cards. Do you wear the same clothing every day for years at a time? Also, I like seeing what the characters look like in different outfits.

>>67226792
*whistling and slide guitar* Draw, pardner.
>>
>>67226791
How the fuck are you losing to an 8 mana spell with an obvious set up?
>>
>>67227214
You are arguing on a "dies to doomblade" tier argument while also not understanding how magic works.
Brava, you did it.
>>
>>67227270
>>67227289
>Ashnods Altar isnt a spell
Why can't I counter the spell Ashnods Altar you dense motherfuckers
>>
>>67227303
I'm not, because people who play with alt wincons never get invited to my pod. We just don't play at that beginners level of the game.
>>
>>67227285
Yeah he’s just a bitch because someone played something he didn’t like. I just meant that almost every alt-win con you can see coming from like 3 turns away
>>
>>67227317
idk what the guy was saying, but I'm pretty sure he was just saying he can activate grenzo a bunch by saccing stuff to make mana, so you can't prevent him from using the ability
>>
>>67227317
You can, but I'll get the prospector into play thru grenzo and you can't stop me. Then I'm going infinite you won't be able to stop the combo from going off.
Grenzo is the commander, you counter him, I recast him. I'll start casting him on T2 and you won't counter him then and then its too late.
>>
>>67227305
Other anon argued that alt wincons were fair because they can be countered, but that combos were not fair

For the record, I am fine with combos and alt wincons (I wouldn't want CV unbanned though, just because of how bullied some 5c decks would get)
>>
>>67227289
There is no trigger you can respond to. Sacrificing a creature to ashnods is a mans ability. Mana abilities don’t go on the stack, and thus can’t be responded to, kind of like how you can’t respond to a state based action.

>>67227317
You can absolutely respond to the cast of ashnods altar.
>>
>>67227330
you are the kind of person that would suck a man's dick and then call the other guy gay.

>>67227346
I know, I'm just saying there are alot of combos that are designed to work thru a counter so just countering a component isn't going to work. You should know this if you understand how magic works.
>>
>>67227374
>>67227374
>>67227374
>>67227374
>>67227374
diaspora
>>
>>67227317
You can counter the spell Ashnod's Altar. However, if Ashnod's has already resolved and is on the battlefield, you can't stop it from resolving its ability, since it doesn't go on the stack.
>>
>>67227373
I know, read. I'm saying you can respond to activating Grenzo. I said nothing about responding to Ashnods ability
>>
File: kys.jpg (42 KB, 640x620)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>drunk on the train, just got off work
>gf cleaned my house while I was at work and it was a fucking disaster
>made me dinner too
>we're going to fuck then hit up the 2020 draft
Life is good.
>>
>>67227373
He is implying he will counter a component and its over and will never come back again. Even though all Ashnod's combos are redundant as fuck and the decks they show up in can get cards back instantly from anywhere.
Unless he plays Baral.dec he isn't going to be stopping an Ashnod combo with a counter.
>>
>>67227322
>We don't play at that beginner level
>While whining about Coalition Victory.
You're terrified of getting beaten by an 8 mana win con and it's hilarious.
>>
>>67227341
>You can, but I'll get the prospector into play thru grenzo
Why can't I counter Grenzo in the first place? Is because he costs two like counterspell? Is it because you already have 6 Mana available to activate him before he gets killed, or recast him if he gets countered?
>>
>>67227387
>If the coalition victory has already resolved you can't stop it

That's how dumb this sounds
>>
>>67227376
Lol close but no cigar. Try again with a better comeback anon.>>67227399

My bad, I thought you meant respond to ashnods
>>
>>67227415
I'll recast him, he's the commander.
>>
>>67227451
no problem fren, i couldve been clearer
>>
should I be a sissy and make a selesnya deck?

pic related
>>
File: 1561100457357.jpg (7 KB, 197x163)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>67222555
Based Ura-broski
>>
File: fucking legends.jpg (343 KB, 672x936)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>find jank card online that would fit perfectly into a deck I'm planning
>it's from legends and 50 dollars
I want to die bros
>>
>>67227754
Only if you pretend to be a sissy and then combo off without remorse.
>>
>>67224530
I'm that anon
first, I'm a female . sen triplets is an expensive card with a wide open strategy- that makes it a nice gift and a challenging first commander.
he gave me the card because he was curious to see what i would build. i know he's happy to see how i can be creative through this.
also, why is this a bad sign to you guys and not a sign of kinky mind control shenanigans ?
>>
>>67224580
sounds like you're shit at deckbuilding... i don't cast the Triplets unless i have evasion on deck. either riptide lab, vanishing, boots, etc.
>>67224616
it was a way to invite me to be a part of his hobby. we picked the card together.
>>
>>67224646
>no one wants their shit stolen
that's too bad. I'm having [spoilers] fun [/spoilers] . the infinite possibilities are exciting. my friends also aren't pissbabies who cry about having their hand revealed.
sometimes, it's fun to make deals with people about who i choose and how I'm going to use their shit. the whole table sees the hand, after all.
>>
Forget about all that shit and lets make this thread a thread of reactions.
I'll start.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.