[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Reap: Return a dead thread from the archive to the board.

Last Thread: >>63348083

>What is this?
Collectible card game but the decks are unique, premade, and cannot be changed.
>That sounds silly
The cards/mechanics are much higher power level, so gameplay leads to many fun interactions
>Wont games be really imbalanced since the decks are random?
Yeah. There's a handicap mechanism that may or may not be implemented in competitive play, and the standard format is a best of 3 where you swap decks after game one, then bid chains (handicap) for the deck you want if it goes to game 3

>Play free online
Thecrucible.online

Thread question: What is your favorite (or least favorite) house and why? I actually like Brobnar, they're fun
>>
LOGOS for those sweet library access loops
>>
can't decide between Dis and Shadow just because of the sheer dickishness of both
>>
>>63379841
Shadows are stronger, but dang is Arise good. One guy at my FLGS has a deck with Arise and 3x Hunting witch, got 20 Amber in a turn.
>>
"lol i steal u"-Shadows
Such skill.
>>
>>63380221
They are strong, yes, but they do require skill to play. All their creatures are very fragile and many of the highest impact cards are situational, so calling whether to blow them early or let them sit in your hand is important.
>>
>>63378914
I have a deck with eight board wipes and ten creatures. How the hell am I supposed to win with this pile? Anybody have any tips for creature-light decks?
>>
>>63381036
Post decklist
>>
I honestly like all factions

All my games have felt really balanced so far, I think this game would have alot of potential if FFG manages to get a virtual game out soon.
>>
>Last thread died from inactivity
I love this game but there's almost nothing to talk about with this game since there's no deck building.
>>
File: core-349[1].jpg (44 KB, 339x476)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
So I used to have problems with the strong Shadows decks at my LGS until I tried out my deck with Chota Hazri in. Turns out I can turbo out a million amber and recur this guy with Regrowth and Witch of the Wild and just absolutely SHIT all over those decks.

>Thread question: What is your favorite (or least favorite) house and why?
Untamed by a distance. Main reason is how insane it feels when you have a good turn. A good turn with some factions is just playing a bunch of creatures. A good turn with Untamed is Full Moon, Full Moon, Dust Pixie gain 4 Amber, Flaxia gain 4 Amber, Witch of the Wilds gain 2 Amber.

https://keyforge-compendium.com/decks/db9df4ef-fdd7-49da-bd64-216ea5baa915

I don't think it's my strongest deck, but god damn is it fun to play and cockblock Shadows.
>>
File: 1205181928b.jpg (5.61 MB, 5312x2988)
5.61 MB
5.61 MB JPG
Haven't even played a game yet and i don't even fully umderstand the rules, but I bought my first deck. How'd I do?
>>
>>63378914
Where do you go to play Keyforge? I have a hard time finding places that are having specifically Keyforge nights. Do people just show up at the lfgs to play on random days?
>>
>>63388790
>Logos
Effervescent Principle is a strong card and annoying as fuck. Library Access + 3 Wild Wormhole is strong. Library Access is draw when you play ANY card, so Wild Wormhole with it could lead to you doing an awful lot in one turn. Or it could whiff majestically.
>Sanctum
Seems kind of weak overall, though most decks seem to have one strong, one medium, and one weak faction. Inspiration is a sweet card though, not sure how it'll be in triplicate though.
>Untamed
3 Nocturnal Maneuver is really annoying to play against, really dicks up turns when done right. Besides that your Untamed feels like a random mishmash of zero synergy cards apart from Nepenthe Seed is super duper nice. Play Library Access, crack the Seed, play Library Access again, triple Wild Wormhole and go get a towel to clean up after your opponent shits himself.

Deck feel weak unless you're ripping a fat double Library Access turn and going ballistic. But seriously, it's easy to be wrong about decks. My deck in >>63387387 I thought was a dud at first.
>>
Which of these two decks is better, and why?

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/f39e6eb8-009e-4fea-8df4-9f7a84a1132e

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/a8b2d3b9-b624-45db-b4d0-b2eaeae89092
>>
>>63381036
Use the board wipes strategically, play your creatures conservatively. Your playstyle will definitely tend towards exhausting your opponent of their options rather than outcompeting them on the field. If it truly is a bad deck, save it for a swap tournament.
>>
>>63387387
>So I used to have problems with the strong Shadows decks at my LGS until I tried out my deck with Chota Hazri in.
Pretty much this. Anyone bitching about Shadow decks just need to use a deck with good untamed cards. At least outside of sealed.
>>
>>63388908
Two of the stores near me are hosting Thursday night games. Ask your LGS to set something up.
>>
>>63388986
Neat, thanks
>>
When you look at your opponents deck list before a game what are the key things you are looking for?

I do a quick check for the cards that heavily punish hoarding amber (bait and switch etc.)
>>
>>63391889
Boardclears like Gateway to Dis and Coward's End. Counters to your specific strat. Efervescent principle, Transdimensional Graft, Too Much To Protect.
>>
>>63391889
If I'm gonna be hoarding amber knowing my opponent has a Bait and Switch I always try to make sure he has a little Shadows on the board as possible when I do it so he can't casually reap another 3 on that turn too.
>>
>>63378914
Logos - as a support
Sanctum - as creature source
>>
>>63389967
same mid tier decks not great but not weak at all
>>
bump
>>
Are starter sets basically sold out everywhere?
>>
>>63401846
Pretty much. Some guys at my LGS want it for the tokens but shit's nowhere.
>>
File: IMAG5670.jpg (715 KB, 1520x2688)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
I just bought my first couple decks. I got one with 7 rares. Is it good?
>>
>>63401846
Not worth it tho, just earn your damage/stuns/power from leagues use something cool for aember
>>
I name Logos and crack Masterplan to play Witch of the Wilds. Can I then use Witch of the Wilds to play Regrowth in the same turn?
>>
>>63402494
Shadows looks really strong, Key to Dis is a super strong card, Brobnar looks meh. Deck has nothing to smooth itself out but the stuff in it looks good.
>>
>>63402494
it's in the upper tier but it is not one of the mainstream ones (like logos fast rape or horsman controll)
>>
>>63388908
I go hang out with my friends
>>
>Open deck
>Brobnar/Logos/Shadows
>Has Bumpsy as a Shadows Maverick
>Also has normal version of Bumpsy
>Logos has two phase shifts
My new goal is to play both Bumpsys in a single turn.
>>
>>63407141
I recently moved and need to find friends before I can do that...
>>
>http://aembertree.com/sets/core
start add this to the standard op please.
>>
>>63407210
Archon pic and decklist?
>>
File: Fat archon.png (2.59 MB, 1333x1002)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>63407865
Sorry, my camera is shit
Here's (((Merchant))) Martín
>>
File: 20181206_235253.jpg (5.29 MB, 5312x2988)
5.29 MB
5.29 MB JPG
Got my first 2 decks what can you guys tell me about them?
>>
File: 20181206_234351.jpg (5.19 MB, 5312x2988)
5.19 MB
5.19 MB JPG
>>63409198
Sorry for shit photos
>>
>>63409198
>>63409214
Play the first deck if you are a typical sperg
Play the second deck if you are new or like to take things easy
>>
File: 1544171655833.jpg (743 KB, 1080x1920)
743 KB
743 KB JPG
Disgusting
>>
>>63410320
I played with the second deck my first few games, haven't tried the first one yet but so far the dis,logos and untamed one sucks
>>
>>63407210
I know a guy who got two Brobnar Gauntlet of Command and one Sanctum Gauntlet of Command.
>>
>>63408048
Seems mediocre. Double Phase Shift is super sweet, though ironically they make your maverick worse because his house becomes irrelevant in the face of them.
>>63409198
Decent. Treasure Map is the funniest turn 1 play in the game.
>>63409214
Hard to judge. I love me some Chota Hazri, and being able to play him outside of Untamed through Phase Shift is nice. Catches people out hard.
>>
For the ADHD ratings on the Keyforge Compendium site, what exactly are they being compared against for the pluses and minuses? Is it an average of all decks or something?
>>
>>63411236
Jesus, that's a lot of amber gen.
>>
>Bouncing Gauntlet of Command repeatedly instead of autocannon
You ever seen someone who just doesn’t get it?
>>
File: Snip.png (289 KB, 409x485)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
Hey guys, my friends and I have been playing keyforge for about half a week now, and have assembled the shitty graph in pic(Note: we played for about a week before we started recording wins and losses, we wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable with the game before beginning the chart). We own 6 decks + the two pre-assembled ones, and have been randomly selecting decks to play against each other. We've played so that the person with the lower win rate gets to choose who goes first, and they may draw their hand before doing so, but despite having this boost to weaker decks, one deck keeps dominating, deck A. A seems to have an incredibly strong sanctum pool, with 3 Zakiels making board control easy, 2 Sequis and one Terms of Redress meaning they can reliably keep an opponent from scoring through captures, a Gorm to ruin incredibly strong or essential artifacts, a lot of creatures in general for easy flooding, and an Anaphiel and Remiel which makes them play nice. The brobnar also isn't terrible; two gauntlets of command and anger making for some ocasionally powerful Loot the Bodies plays, and the only card that is almost never helpful is the Sound the Horns. Untamed is also strong, with 2 Hunting Witch, some skirmishers, and cards that rely on numbers that greatly benefit from the bounty of sanctum creatures. Anyway, clearly this deck is dominating. It has won all the games its played, and its only been close twice iirc. The deck that I assumed would herald an ending of its reign was deck B. Mostly because of its large set of "fuk u" cards, in the form of Numquid, Gatekeeper, Spirit's Way, Deathquark, the steal focused shadows pool, and most importantly, an ease of archiving all these situational cards for when they will be most useful. B has played A twice, and lost both times. Are we just suck? Is B not as powerful as I thought? Is A actually good? Sorry for the shit photos
>>
>>63415293
Damn that picture is hard to read. I ran out of space, but is there a better way to help out a deck that has lost every match when it's going against an undefeated deck? We're fairly casual, so we don't mind doing things that drastically branch away from the rules.
>>
File: DrtRrXZVsAEHViX.jpg (164 KB, 739x1200)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I can't wait for this game to get expansions. I hope we get more interesting houses when it does come out since right now it's just pretty basic stuff(fightingy bois, stealy bois, smart bois, naturey bois, honourable bois, mars bois, and demony bois)
>>
Well boys, I bought 4 decks from my LGS and 4 from FFG. I now have 7 Mars decks.
>>
File: JUST.png (178 KB, 251x761)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>63418292
I'm so tired of play ayy lmaos.
>>
bump
>>
>>63418292
My first 6 were all Shadows.
>>
File: DICE.png (73 KB, 349x198)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Is there a reason for the weird dice hate?
>>
>>63421821
To stop confusion would be my guess
>>
>>63421839
>Have your little metal ring on your chain counter
>Someone knocks it and nobody remembers what it was on

>No deck has a board wipe and it's turn 10
>20 creatures on both sides basically piled up
>Both players forget what was on the flanks

Yeah but dice are the scum of the fucking earth.
>>
>>63413931
It's pure ass-pulling as far as I can tell. Don't read too far into it.
>>
>>63411236
And I thought having 2 Dust Pixies was excessive... Damn.
>>
>>63422170
Also, a decent number of people seem to forget about chains all together because it doesn't even happen that often. Me and my friends just put a die on top of our decks to remember since it's impossible to forget about if you need to remove it every time you draw.
>>
File: IMG_20181207_184240.jpg (1.19 MB, 1512x2016)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
Just bought my first deck I have no idea how to play, what do i do with the QR code?
>>
>>63423679
Use it or the code under it to register your deck online.
>>
>2 Follow the leader
>Only 11 creatures and a million worthless artifacts
Nice
>>
>>63421821
There is a specific reason, though. At the last Netrunner worlds a die keeping track of something got knocked, and no one could agree on its previous value. It got salty.
>>
>>63421821
If you track amber and damage with dice, you end up with a lot of dice on the board, on creatures that get tapped and untapped each turn. It can easily get ugly.

Basically you can't track stuff with dice in this game for the same reason you're not allowed to keep mental track of life amounts in other card games
>>
I just bought my first deck to try out, did I get a good one?

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/b946f9ba-ef10-478c-8d89-b0c31b242ef0
>>
>>63427650
play it and find out
>>
>>63423267
Maybe there's a reason chains don't happen that often.
>>
> Thread question: What is your favorite (or least favorite) house and why?
My favourite is probably Dis or Brobnar. I'd say Shadow has the least interesting playstyle for me.

Went 3-1 with this deck today for the second time: https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/e1420c17-8fc3-42fb-a857-6592d6d7400f
>>
>>63429992
Dis is best. Everything: theme, mechanics, aesthetics, it all rocks.
>>
>>63430482
I'm firmly convinced that a strong Untamed pile is basically unbeatable due to their ability to uninteractively power out keys and masses of amber. My current favourite deck is unbeaten at my LGS because of it and having a strong pile of Logos and Shadows around it. 21 creatures, everything else makes amber when you play it, a bunch of spot removal, multiple ways of playing things out of faction, a few omni artifacts.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.