[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FETqXPQaAAEnZhD.jpg orig.jpg (1.07 MB, 4096x2731)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Kyushu basho comfy edition

>Banzuke
http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Banzuke.aspx

>Sumo terms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_sumo_terms

>Sumo Links
https://pastebin.com/NKAi705H
>>
previous:

>>115155874

check also the current threads at /xs/, our slow backup board where we go at the end of the tournament:

>>>/xs/sumo
>>
File: 1637368480412.jpg (92 KB, 1024x796)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
File: Asanoyama.png (1.46 MB, 1200x800)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>115262732
Three more tournaments and he returns
>>
mitakeumi yusho incoming
>>
>>115260354
>they're probably daughters of influential supporters, the kind that will eventually become wives to current rikishi.

How does the "supporter economy" work?
I understand being a member of a fan club or something but I've read about these groups giving wrestlers a car. (A car they're not allowed to drive?)
And who the fuck are these supporters that they're like, "Hey, fatso, here's my daughter. If you don't like her, please return her in one piece."?

What do they get in return? They just get to hang out with him? Do they get a cut of his sponsorships or something?
>>
who are some rikishi with bald or balding hairlines? Is it shameful or actually a point of pride since it naturally gives them the chonmage hairstyle?
>>
>>115263102
they probably wear it with pride
after all father time is undefeated
>>
>>115262913
I don't think they get anything in return, they just really like sponsoring wrestlers and the stable
Or it might be a networking thing
>>
>>115263269
If you're going to give your daughter to a wrestler, you should at least be invited to the wedding.
>>
>>115263269
They get to attend promotion parties with the wrestlers and other NSK members and such.
>>
File: taka.jpg (100 KB, 1300x867)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I heard some of you lil boys were talking some shit
>>
Wait, people were really complaining about the hair pull decision? It was a quite obvious hair pull.
>>
>>115265257
Muh rAyyCiZzM
Disregard this shit.
>>
Let it be known that Chiyoshoma henkas today
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 199x253)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
First for: LETS FUCKING GO TAKAKEISHO YUSHO
(jfc I hope he's OK after that fall)
>>
>>115263102
Hanging out on the japanese internet and traveling to Japan has taught me that being a balding man there must be approximately 5 times worse than anywhere else.

Poor dudes get shit from everyone. They get laughed at on the internet, they get laughed at on TV. One time I went to a bathhouse that would promote itself by giving balding men a discount while referring to it as a "consolation gift".
>>
OUR BOY TAKAKEISHO: 8-0
Abi the Ape: 7-1
Fillipino master race Mitakeumi:7-1

LETS
FUCKING
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
heh more like Tochi-no-shin heh heh cause his legs are fucking GONE
>>
>>115266642
Don't forget Jasper is doing well in Juryo too.
>>
>>115266508
Also, keep in mind that a proper chonmage requires your hair to be at the shoulder length, so bald rikishi must look extra fucked up without their hair dressed for the basho.
>>
>>115265257
>Wait, people were really complaining about the hair pull decision?
Three types of people:
- People who like Ichinojo.
- People who don't like Takakeisho.
- People who live only to complain about everything in sumo being corrupt.
>>
>>115268077
Yeah, I wouldn't even say it was an innocent hair pull. Definitely looked like he got some leverage with it.
>>
>>115268077
>>115265257
You forgot
d) Idiots who don't know disqualification calls come after the match is concluded. If the DQ'd wrestler loses they don't call the hairpull or nutshot or whatever he did.
>>
>>115266406
Nah, he's fucked, Ichinojo destroyed him to help protect Terunofuji's run

ichinojo purposely stepped out of the ring to give him an extra shove at the end
>>
File: 1633820460125.jpg (47 KB, 363x425)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>call Kiribayama "ozeki material"
>he implodes completely
>all my other favourites doing like shit as well
>the fucking Abi up there with only one loss so far
>>
So who's who in the post-Hakuko era? Any up-and-coming guys to keep an eye on?
>>
>>115272221
That's kind of an impossible question to answer, since Hakuho is the greatest of all time. Anyone who follows him will seem lesser.

And lets not forget that we are at the end of a ridiculous Takanohana-Asashoryu-Hakuho period of greatness. That's close to 30 years.

There's no one really in the makushitter divisions that is really storming up the rankings.
>>
>>115272221
Terunofuji and Takakeisho are the only two guys worth a shit right now, and in both cases it's only while their bodies hold up.
>>
>>115272221
Yokozuna Takakeisho vs Yokozuna Terunofuji

It's happening
>>
File: 1617427466115.png (278 KB, 800x449)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>115274202
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
Listen bros, I know what everyone is thinking so I'll just go ahead and say it....

[sPoilEr] FUCK YOU ICHINOJO YOU SLOPPY FAT MEGASHITTER PIECE OF SHIT. TERU IS LOSING THIS BASHO AND THERE'S NOT A THING YOUR HORSE FUCKING MONOGOLIAN ASS IS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. NEXT TIME YOU PULL SOME BULLSHIT ITS GOING TO BE THE LAST TIME YOUR FROYO ASS WILL STEP FOOT ON THAT DOHYO BITCH [/sPoiLEr]
>>
El mono inteligente
>>
>>115274202
>Yokozuna Takakeisho
Somehow I don't see it. I don't know if he can stay healthy enough to make the push to win 2 tournaments in a row.
The last two years, every time he's made a hard drive towards a yusho, he's regressed badly in the next tournament.
>>
Man, daeisho consistently taichiais like shit, he doesn't control at all and its like he's praying his whole body will connect against the opponent instead of trying to take a fucking step

I havge a feeling that you only need to take a step back and he would fall flat on his face
>>
>>115275566
like look at this shit, he's constantly on the tip of his toas leaning against the body of his opponent, what kind of fucking balance is that?
>>
>>115275503
We literally just had a yokozuna promotion that didn't win two in a row from ozeki. Yes Teru has several yusho on top of that but so does Keisho. The hard two in a row rule has been out the door for the past three, a fourth isn't out of the question, and we're sure as fuck not talking about Shodai.
>>
>>115275620
its the opposite, after the disappointed takanohana they wouldn't want to risk it by fast promoting another oozeki to yoko. The only way they would skip the rule was if the oozeki in question showed consistently amazing results like Terunofuji has done, which isn't the case for takakeisho
>>
>>115275620
The two in a row as ozeki rule has never been hard-and-fast.
In Teru's case it was win, win, finish 14-1 and 2nd to the GOAT. Everyone knew he'd be a yokozuna by now if not for his injury and the JSA was uncomfortable being without a yokozuna.

In Takakeisho's case, I don't think they would be as lenient since he's only made double-digit wins in 5 out of his last 10 bashos.
>>
File: image_2021-11-21_224852.png (28 KB, 1706x170)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>115276067
meanwhile you take a quick glance at Teruno's bashos in the lat two years and you gotta be stupid to not consider him yoko material
>>
File: wahaha.png (14 KB, 465x406)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Today
I'll remind them
https://youtu.be/kkg1Qcrh0ZM
>>
>>115276172
Exactly. Think about it, since he's back in makuuchi, he's been 95-20-2. That's an insane streak of dominance. You've got to go back to mid-2010's Hakuho for that kind of wholesale destruction.
>>
>>115275620
>Teru has several yusho on top of that but so does Keisho.
I would hardly consider Takakeisho's two yusho "several", especially as he won one of them three years ago as komusubi in a tournament where Hakuho, Kakuryu, AND Kisenosato ALL sat out due to injury.
>>
>>115276172
>>115276364
Nobody said Teru wasn't worthy cunts, just saying they weren't stupid enough to go "well he didn't win two in a row at ozeki so tough shit :^)" All I'm saying is, if Keisho gets a strong playoff loss followed by a yusho they'll probably give it to him, so it's not like he'll need two in a row either.
>>
>>115276596
If he got something like two yusho with a 13 or 14 win second-place in between, they'd give it to him on account of being Japanese, but I can't imagine they'd promote him with a single win and a cheeky second place.

He's simply been Ozeki too long. He was never able to really challenge Hakuho or Kakuryo. If he's going to be promoted, he needs to do it the hard way and win ships.
>>
>>115276903
Two years isn't that long, we're not talking about Goeido.
>>
>>115276596
I know you didn't talk shit about Teru, I'm talking shit about Takakeisho because he isn't like teru
>>
>>115277341
Yes
>>
>>115276903
On top of that, he was barely even a speedbump in Teru's rise to the top.
>>
>>115277666
Ichinojo disabled him purposely so Teru could even go 14-0 before facing hakuho in the first place.
>>
Takakeisho's performance in the dohyo is irrelevant.
He will never be yokozuna until he can top this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egV7zueFG2o&list=RDMM&index=1
>>
>>115277109
>thinks ball man will last another 2 years
>>
File: 1637215781258.gif (1.86 MB, 600x600)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>115276903
>If he got something like two yusho with a 13 or 14 win second-place in between, they'd give it to him on account of being Japanese
It is insane how fucking obsessed with racism you dumb burgers are. You JUST had a mongolian who got promoted to Yokozuna after two victories (one as non-ozeki) and a runner-up and you're still acting like the same happening to Taka would be due to him being Japanese.

I swear to god, if got to choose between removing people like you and removing gay dudes who won't shut the fuck up about how much they want to fuck the rikishi, I'd pick at random because both options would clearly work on faggots you.
>>
>>115278952
>I'd pick at random because both options would clearly work on faggots you.
damn, what a hatakikomi
>>
>>115278952
You sound upset.
>>
File: chiyo-laugh.jpg (55 KB, 555x465)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>115278952
>I swear to god, if got to choose between removing people like you and removing gay dudes who won't shut the fuck up about how much they want to fuck the rikishi, I'd pick at random because both options would clearly work on faggots you.
>>
Mitakeumo is going to have more wins in this calendar year than Shodai
>>
>>115278952
Idk if you read/post at russian sumo forum, but your stalwart defence of Glorious Nihon coupled with anti-mongol sentiment reminds me of one of big time posters there. And it's wildly amusing.
>>
>>115278952
So your supposition is that Japan is not a xenophobic country and that a string of gaijin yokozuna don't cause them consternation?

You probably don't remember the ridiculous amount of celebration from the Japanese in 2016 when Kotoshogiku became the first Japanese wrestler to win a tournament since 2006.
>>
>>115279257
He didn't say anything anti-mongol though.
>>115279282
Whether Japan is xenophobic or not actually has nothing to do with whether the JSA is, and they haven't promoted anyone unworthy of either ozeki or yokozuna since Futahaguro. Whether they live up to it after promotion is an entirely different matter.
>>
>>115279282
>rooting for a wrestler representing your country is xenophobic
I'd think that you're jesting if it wasn't for that flag.
>>
>>115279489
>Assuming everyone in America is American, in a thread dedicated to a sport that has zero following in America.
Oh, silly.
>>
>>115279488
>Futahaguro
That's a surprisingly sad story when you read how it ended.
>>
Do you think Asanoyama had it in him to get to Yokozuna if his dick's needs didn't have priority?
>>
>>115279910
if that was the case I have what it takes to be a yokozuna if my lazyness and hentai addiction didn't have priority, anon
>>
>>115279910
Honestly he barely made ozeki on the back of a solid longer-term record, but post-Hakuho anything's possible. He certainly would make the current period more interesting.
>>
>>115279910
I don't know. He was getting decent results at the Ozeki level, injuries notwithstanding.

On the other hand, he's only 27. Assuming he ends up in Sandanme for the '22 Nagoya basho, it should take him around six or seven tournaments to get back to makuuchi, he'll be 28-29. Older, yes, but with a lot less mileage on him than other wrestlers in his peer group.
>>
File: 1630560613065.jpg (94 KB, 1098x815)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>115279214
>Forgot to close chat during Shodai's bout yesterday
>Saw someone likely incapable of irony call him "goatdai"
>>
>>115262913
>How does the "supporter economy" work?

From what I've seen they sell memberships to fan clubs of either the stable, or individual rasslers', and there are different tiers that have different costs and provide different benefits. So, for example, at the lowest level, you join a stables fan club, and that entitles you to get the stables newsletter, official banzuke mailed to you from the stable for each basho, and allows you to attend keiko once. Then at the highest level, the rewards would be some shit like being able to attend official functions with the stable and rasslers', being awarded ringside seats, being able to attend victory celebrations, and shit like that. So the ringside seats are a lot like corporate boxes in the west, and the people that recieve them are just as likely to give them away to friends, relatives, or employees. So the chicks you see are likely related to, friends of, or employees of those corporate donors who are lucky enough to get a ticket.
>>
>>115279214
>>115280326
Shodai? More like BlowGuy
>>
I can't watch sumō live anymore, but at least Abi has one kuroboshi now.
>>
File: 112121750.jpg (113 KB, 625x432)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
what happened to the hawaiians
>>
>>115281903
Football
>>
>>115271826
I feel you on Kiribayama at least, I had really high hopes for him this basho/
Shohozan too...
>>
*Record scatch*
Yep thats me. You are probably wondering how I got in this situation.
>>
so does fat actually cushions the fall cause holy fuck that looked like death
>>
>>115282988
Not as much as you'd hope.
He's going to wake up sore as fuck tomorrow.

He's got Hoshoryu next, so maybe he'll be able to win quickly and recover more.
>>
>>115281903
There was really only ever one guy funneling Hawaiians into sumo and he stopped and subsequently the NSK started playing with foreigner limits, which dropped the influx to zero.

>>115281992
>Football
Most of the Hawaiian sumo recruits were already former high school football players.
>>
>>115280184
it'll be another Terunofuji style ascension as he dominates his way and brute forces the YDC to make him a yokozuna
>>
File: ura.jpg (88 KB, 562x750)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>115275566
Did somebody say take a step back?
>>
>>115281903
Combination of:
>Limits on number of foreigners, which was actually a response to the Konishiki scandal
>Japanese economy crashing, making it less financially viable to bring foreigners from richer countries over; the Hawaiian "Big 3" all came over before the bubble popped
>more favourable athletic prospects for Hawaiians in other sports
>Hawaiians focusing on raw mass, resulting in the domestic talent countering by focusing on technical fundamentals; while the Big 3 weren't one-dimensional bullrushers, the ones who beat them had to excel at the actual wrestling aspect, and that resulted in a knock-on effect for the other Hawaiians lower down the ranks
So taking all of the above into account, guess which country was the next, and current, big country for sumo foreigners? The relatively low-income country compared to Japan, with a strong folk wrestling tradition favouring belt (jacket) fighting.
>>
>>115281903
Too gaijin. Mongorians look much more like Japanese, and are even more poor than the island boys.
>>
>>115284360
stop repeating this retarded bullshit, you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>115276240
Not so fast
>>
>akiseyama in makushita
i'm not crying...
>>
>>
Dewanojō, 258kg. (569lbs).

The absolute unit.
>>
Any place that has the matches with the NHK English commentary? I really enjoy the format of Nattos videos, but I would also like the English commentary included.
>>
>>115281903
The Japanese feared the Hawaiians, so they stopped welcoming them.
>>
>>115286000
Truth hurts. Some of the Mongolians can pass as Japanese, which is a big part of why they're recruited so heavily. You can deny it all you want, but the Japanese don't like to see a bunch of gaijin in their "national sport".
>>
>>115287895
He's 3-1 and fighting for ca$hi-koshi today, which he will probably achieve. If he goes 6-1, that should put him somewhere near makushita 15 or so, which means he could only need 2 more basho after this one to return to sekitori ranks.
>>
>>115288335
3-2 now. Lost 40 minutes ago, Akisebro. Went to mono-ii, but lost still.
>>
>>
>>115288535
god damn what a bummer, that was NICE
>>
>>
Guy who thought this was takakeisho can now fix the thing

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80j3el
>>115288535
>webm filename
Assuming you're the /xs/ guy, thanks
>>
Enho getting trashed
>>
Jasper KK, let's go!
>>
JASUPA KACHI-KOSHIIIIIII
>>
>>115288308
If you think Mongolians look even slightly Japanese you are a blind retard. Quit acting like an ignorant American you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
AQUAGOD
>>
akua with the razzle-dazzle
>>
For as big as a shitter as Akua is, he has his moments of brilliance
>>
Hell yeah, a glimpse of old school Tochi.
>>
toechinoshin
>>
yo what the fuck lmao
>>
RIGGED
>>
I thought I saw it in real time
>>
I have to see a better angle of that, abema had no good shot.
>>
Daylight between his heel and the clay but his foot dragging across the dohyo flicked sand to the other side of the bails, another bullshit heelgate call against tochi
>>
>>115289664
I didn't see the print, could've been a really close floater
>>
>>115289691
the shinpan are sure playing the heels against maegashira tochinoshin
>>
A B I
>>
What the fuck was that
>>
>>115289825
he cheated and skipped a step on the flowchart
>>
>>115289825
>>
Ishiura on the comeback trail?
>>
god damn it kotonowaka go get healed
>>
THE REVERSAL
>>
Ura almost Ura'd his arm like he did to Enho
>>
RIP Big Dan. Started basho so well, but fallen apart.
URAbros, assemble!
>>
>>115289977
That fight was truly the Enho's downfall.
>>
File: ura terunofuji.png (1.53 MB, 1024x946)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>
>>115289991
Absolute kino. Teru was already walking away, thinking about next day. NOT YET, BIG GUY!
>>
>>115289949
Yea his tachiai was pretty weak that knee needs to heal
>>
the mitakeumi second half collapse stops here
>>
IT'S TIME TO STOP THE NEPHEW MENACE ONCE AND FOR ALL, KEISHO
>>
no..
>>
Hoshoryu status = disowned
>>
>>115290339
For every wish granted: something in return.
>>
Takakeisho's parries are so good
>>
>>115290353
Hope he's okay...
>>
Oh shodai
>>
Yokozuna shit.
>>
>Ozeki Shodai
>>
Shodie... Tako...
>>
>>115289487
It can happen
https://youtu.be/XR61D8uN2Ng?t=1224
>>
>>115275599
>>115275566
And now you understand why Daieisho, OhNOOOOOsho, and Abi all consistently struggle to hold rank once they pull it.

>>115279910
He had it and dropped the fucking ball. His mental game has been hot garbage ever since Hakuho came over and beat him unconscious in "practice" after his first yusho.

>>115288192
NHK world or bust, Anon. Unfortunately.
>>
>>115290694
Hakuho is legally Japanese and has lived in Japan for longer than he lived in Mongolia, so it could have been a very deliberate, calculated compliment.
If you've ever tried listening to the nonsense the fans can yell (or used to yell, pre-pandemic), that line wouldn't be a stretch.
>>
>>115284077
>Konishiki scandal
can i get a qrd? he was one of the original guys getting me interested, kinda which superfat and gross like him was still around.
>>
>>115290948
Konishiki didn't have scandals in the same way that modern rikishi do. The two scandals centered around him were as follows:

1. Relatively early in Konishiki's time there, a reporter asked him what he thought sumo was. Because of how bad his Japanese was at the time, he replied something to the effect of "kenka desho" (meaning 'it's brawling'). This led to various newspaper articles and radio conversations about how foreigners shouldn't be allowed in sumo, the disgusting Americans are ruining Japan, Konishiki is the new Matthew Perry.

2. When Konishiki was an ozeki and at his career apex (1991 iirc), rumors and discussions started to foment about him being promoted to yokozuna. Was it acceptable for a FOREIGNER to hold our national sport's most prestigious rank? Major figures were quoted as saying that no foreigner could ever have the quality of character necessary to be a yokozuna.
Seeing this, American newspapers tried to contact Konishiki himself to ask what he thought of the topic, and did so by calling his heya. A friend of Konishiki, another Hawaiian recruit (Koryuu) picked up pretending to be Konishiki himself, and told the NYT that "I" would be yokozuna if I were a native Japanese, this is bullshit, the Association is racist, sumo is all da kine etc. Because they didn't know it wasn't him (same accent), the newspapers published those quotes as being from Konishiki, and the translated quotes were then reported back in Japan. The quotes became the story, which exploded, and thousands of pieces were written/televised about his undeservingness, immaturity, greed, fatness, lack of hinkaku. The 'scandal' blew over when Konishiki fell off and stopped being a threat for promotion.
>>
>>115291151
>2.
With friends like this, you don't need enemies.
>>
>>115289487
>seething retard
You know who said the Mongolians look Japanese? A Japanese Okami-san, you assblasted faggot! Truth hurts only the liars, so go drink bleach.
>>
>>115291440
Supposedly, he wasn't mad. Supposedly.
>>
File: No tears only dreams.png (686 KB, 614x623)
686 KB
686 KB PNG
Shh, no tears only dreams now
>>
>>115291151
1. "Kenka" is not just "brawling". The word has a pretty strong deragatory slant to it. People would use it to describe something like two alcos fighting it out in a backalley, or a petty verbal argument between a couple and such.
2. The friend story is a total fucking "dog ate my homework" - tier bullshit fabricated to save Konishiki's face.
>>
>>115292189
>Thanks, unironically cringe how Japs honestly believe all this bullshit about being of some superior spirit/heart
USA USA USA
>>
>>115291594
They look so comfy
>>
>>115284077
>Konishiki scandal
what was it? I don't remember
>>
File: motorboating.png (354 KB, 450x361)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>115289991
Ura's the next to get #MeToo'd. This shit is just simply inappropriate in the workplace.
>>
>>115277759
he doesn't have a great voice, but the song is really nice
>>
Feels bad for wakatakakage
>>
File: she knows.png (409 KB, 623x412)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>moved from the side to front and center now that she knows how popular she is on the internet
>>
>>115292829
Wish she moved on my dick desu. Bet she has a flat chest that does not sag at all, tiny areolas and big brown perpetually hard nipples made for nibbling on. This is the true hin'i. I'd run a truck full of Ichinojos on her if you catch my drift.
I'd put a baby in her and then force that baby to dedicate his life to sumo and then die at 55 without ever reaching juryo, if you know what I meam.
>>
File: g115-as.jpg (72 KB, 775x695)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>115292955
Are you OK anon?
>>
File: takayass.webm (152 KB, 328x178)
152 KB
152 KB WEBM
>>
>AIEEEEEEEEEE SAVE ME SHINPAN-SAMA
>>
>>115293065
he has been really beat up these last two days. awakened ichi slam and his leg might have something going on
>>
>>115292955
>I'd put a baby in her and then force that baby to dedicate his life to sumo and then die at 55 without ever reaching juryo, if you know what I meam.
Now that's based.
>>
File: 1122211033.png (2.01 MB, 1243x711)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>
>>115290849
>Hakuho is legally Japanese and has lived in Japan for longer than he lived in Mongolia, so it could have been a very deliberate, calculated compliment.
Hakuho wasn't a Japanese citizen during any of the times he fought Kotooshu.
>>
>>115293081
takashitter landed hard on his knees today, you could see him testing it before he got back on the dohyo
don't be surprised if he starts shitting the bed for the rest of the days
>>
I miss the old abi
the bad mood abi
always in the news abi
breaking covid rules abi

i hate the new abi
so smooth abi
never rude abi
follow covid rules abi
>>
>>115291594
>touchynoSHIT
>tooshychatsshit
>>
>>115291594
That bout was so awkward. You could clearly see the trace of his heel on the sand and also clearly see that the gyoji saw it a few seconds later and chose to keep the match going.
>>
>>115294159
yeah, that's why i posted that something might be going on with it. we won't know till tomorrow's.
>>
>This is the year of motivated Ichinoj-
>>
>>115294159
The two Mongols set up the third one for the Yusho by wrecking Takakeisho halfway into the tournament.
>>
>>115294523
Fiscally
>>
>>115294741
Yeah, all he's got his sleepy eyes on now is elder stock
>>
File: Untitled.png (618 KB, 570x655)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>
>>115294718
japs continuing to get BTFO by hakuho even after he retires
>>
>>115292766
He needs to gain weight or get out
>>
File: 9.jpg (102 KB, 562x799)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>The yokozuna please

I wish Japan was open to tourists I would go to takakeisho's yokozuna promotion ceremony at meji shrine and then eat hamburger streaks until I vomit.
>>
Guys who are in their 30s and still in makushita...why don't they just quit? They should have known for about 10 years now that it just ain't happening. They can't be making that much money and living in the stable doesn't sound appealing.
>>
>>115292829
She has been interviewed and has known about her "internet fame" for many basho now.
Seat changes just by whatever ticket she gets, I don't think she really controls which exact seat.
>>
>>115292955
>I'd put a baby in her and then force that baby to dedicate his life to sumo and then die at 55 without ever reaching juryo, if you know what I meam.
now that's what i call BASED
>>
>>115297962
>>115292829
Dipshits stalked and doxxed her on 2chan in summer 2020, tabloids interviewed her at the train station in Aki. She's publicly volunteered that she's a family member of one of the high-money backers of Takakeisho's stable, and has otherwise asked that she be left the fuck alone. She's also been chilling in the crowd for at least a decade. Simps, being simps, won't shut up about her now that the mask makes her look half her real age.
>>
>>115298698
>posture princess is part of #teamTakakeisho
LET'S
FUCKING
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>115298698
>now that the mask makes her look half her real age.
You could have guessed that she's ancient. Her style of dress obviously hasn't budged since the mid 80s.
>>
>>115298988
that and there's not a whole lot of 20 year olds just sitting at a sumo match every single day.
>>
File: Bowl cut binoculars.webm (867 KB, 1280x720)
867 KB
867 KB WEBM
>>
>>115297864
what's the alternative? go work baito at a 7-11 and live in a tiny one room japanese apaato that costs 10 000 dollars a month?
>>
>>115297864
If they're still there in their 30s then obviously they like the sumo life.
>>
>>115300430
I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Do they have no other alternative? What's the social safety net in Japan like or would they be completely fucked once they left the sport?
>>
>>115297864
A lot of them just like the lifestyle and enjoy their role in the stable. To leave that means they have to find a job, a place to stay, and lose the brotherhood and honor they share in sumo.
>>
File: Kakuryu.jpg (31 KB, 769x636)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>115300469
>the social safety net in Japan
>mfw

but also like other anon pointed out, they're not in it for the money or anything sumo is their life.
>>
>>115266715
fuck you, he's one of my favourites :(
>>
>>115300469
also think of 30+ year old pro wrestlers who are nowhere near making it in the WWE or AEW, or 30+ year old MMA fighters that are also nowhere near the UFC or Bellator or ONE. Just a bunch of dudes wrasslin in a ring set up in some local high school gym for dozens of people, and MMA fighters fighting in regional circuits with records of like 8-35 that make dozens of dollars in prize money. They're in it for life. Although I guess usually those fellas also already work a day job.
>>
>>115300469
>>115297864
Less than half the banzuke has so much as a high school degree, and only 12% have graduated university. The prospects of them finding jobs if they left now amount to other unskilled labour jobs, or hoping you have enough friends who can help you open a chanko restaurant.
>>
>>115300806
>>115300729
>>115300540
Thanks, friends. Makes more sense now.
>>
>>115300806
Asashoryu's doing pretty good for himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebec0-2ds1g
>>
>>115301109
Asashoryu is probably one of the smartest fucks to ever step onto a dohyo, let alone make yokozuna. Guy invested like fuck into his own country and is now richer than the entire JSA and YDC combined.
>>
>>115293065
I love that instead of Hakuho and his goons Enho and Hokuseiho, we have Terunofuji and his goon Ichinojo. He just needs a Mongolian manlet under his wing and the changing of the guard will be complete.
>>
File: brawl.jpg (31 KB, 671x506)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>115292001
>fabricated to save Konishiki's face
yeah that's why they didn't tell anyone for like 10 years, to save face
>>
>>115300806
>Less than half the banzuke has so much as a high school degree
Even worse than that, if you remember to take into account the Japanese school year starts in April, barely 20% of all wrestlers actually finished high school, and half of those are the university grads. Even Takakeisho, who won numerous national titles at the high school level, himself actually dropped out before finishing.
>>
Hungarian makushitter Masuto-o is working at embassy now. If you are gaijin at least you end up as a bilingual.
>>
File: CEO of Sumo.jpg (73 KB, 785x791)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>115301186
Well, just like Hakuho had 2 sekitori midgets with him, Terunofuji also has them (Saltman and Midorifuji). I hope they won't shit themselves like Enho and Ishiura did recently. Maybe this is going to be a trend.
>>
>>115303080
Is that just a well-tailored suit or has he lost weight?
>>
>>115304485
Suit. Though he's probably lost some weight.
>>
Fuck I missed Shishis bout
>>
File: 1615209108085.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>
Has anyone been watching Dewanoryuu this basho? He's 3-1, but how has he looked in those matches?
>>
4-1 now. Looked confident and easy.
>>
Atamifuji still looking commanding in makushita, but kinda slow/unwieldy. I'm thinking he'll get slapped down a lot in juryo.
>>
oh no oho
>>
based ichiyamamoto making things interesting in juryo (somewhat)
>>
My guy Jasper tied for first place
>>
File: np_file_26435.jpg (285 KB, 2000x1622)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
The protagonist of sumo
>>
>>115308026
toad looking bastard
>>
Some people will say that shove was unnecessary, but wouldn't you want to get one last fistful of Kagayaki's milkers on the way out?
>>
A B I
B
I
>>
abi the hero
>>
Fucking Abi.
>>
>>115308366
dude practically stuck his hands inside tobi's mouth
>>
>>115308373
Yeah. He's a fucking faggot.
>>
Nice recovery from Ura
>>
>>115308395
Yeah. Honestly, how the fuck does he win those?
>>
ura 2 elite
>>
Henkashoma showed some brilliance today
>>
the 'jo remains awake
>>
Uhoh, it's choking time
>>
Takayasu revenge on Terunofuji. Ultra based
>>
Takakeisho flying into the crowd more than Tobizaru this basho
>>
"La bola" lost.
>>
It's over keisho bros
>>
At this point I'm more interested in Abi than the yusho
>>
>>115301135
He is the opposite of what you are describing. None of his investments payed off. His two biggest projects are an expensive ass fucking spa in the middle of literal nowhere that opened before being finished, and a circus building that was mismanaged so hard he was getting threats from the government for buying a historical building and leaving it in a dilapidated state. What did he do about that? Just rented out the bottom floor to a bunch of stores.
Oh, there are also rumors (or rather, this is what people close to him openly say) that NSK was not actually going to kick him out and he literally resigned himself on accident because he could not be assed to learn formal Japanese after 10+years of living in Japan.

If sumo has an example of a dumb asshole who only got rich because he has ever been good at one thing in his entire life (his sport) and then got humbled by the real life, it's Asashoryu.
>>
File: 1632129212242.jpg (195 KB, 1271x599)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Takakeibros...
>>
Abi sta al sumo come il cacio sui maccheroni
>>
>>115309316
>Oh, there are also rumors (or rather, this is what people close to him openly say) that NSK was not actually going to kick him out and he literally resigned himself on accident because he could not be assed to learn formal Japanese after 10+years of living in Japan.
lmao your memory of those quotes is so scrambled, so garbled that you aren't even vaguely close to the original
>>
>>115309623
Care to correct my mistake and point out how that whole thing didn't boil down to Asa getting canned due to his poor Japanese skills?
Well, his poor japanese skill AND him getting into a fight with a stranger like a fucking retard that he is.
>>
File: Teru vs Hosh.jpg (150 KB, 991x628)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Damn Hoshoryu really found the sweetspot and it looked like Teru did not even give a shit, just did his own thing with the underarm lock. I thought his knees would give out instantly and wondered why noone tries going for them (maybe out of respect?), now we know.
>>
>>
why do they keep giving him that fucking arm lock every time
>>
>>115309843
Was else should they do?
If you want to get a belt grip, you expose your arms for an arm lock. I guess most wrestlers don't abuse it as much as Teru because they're not as strong and big as he is
>>
>>
>>115309843
He's too big to go for an outside grip; if you try to go inside, he's tall and strong enough to hoist you by your armpit, then you're off-balance and that's all she wrote.

I suppose someone could dive at his legs. I haven't seen that tried on him in a while.
>>
File: URA vs AOIYAMA sumo.webm (2.89 MB, 640x360)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
Keishobros...
>>
File: and your other fan.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>
apology for poor japanese

when were you when yokozuna dream dies?

i was sat at home eating chanko nabe when shimpan ring

‘keisho is kill’

‘no’
>>
>>115310236
>>115310333
On the one hand, it would have been nice to see two guys go undefeated deeper into the second week, but let's be honest, did anyone truly believe that a beaten-up Takakeisho could challenge Terunofuji?
>>
>>
File: Kimarite.jpg (46 KB, 398x218)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I've always liked Keishō's strength, resolution and impassiveness, but let's face it: he hasn't the technical ability and/or inventiveness to control his bouts (called "seme" in Japanese martial arts) like a Yokozuna should.

He just pushes out his opponents with his great inertia and low center of gravity, and then grasps for air like a golden fish out of his bowl. Pic related: oshidashi and tsukiotoshi make up to 69% of his kimarite.

Nonetheless, he's a great Ōzeki.
>>
>>115310978
>oshidashi and tsukiotoshi make up to 69% of his kimarite.
What are these percentages like for an average high-level wrestler? I would imagine most wrestlers would have pretty high proportions of their wins from oshidashi or yorikiri.
>>
File: f_14699593.jpg (58 KB, 960x673)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
PLEASE SOMEONE STOP HIM ALREADY
>>
>>115311481
Day of the knee soon
>>
>>115311365
He's misrepresenting the topic. Taka's style is so ubiquitous in this sport, it has its own name "Oshizumo" (literally "push-sumo"). And, though, people often like to lump technical judoshitters like Ura into this category, most of the pushitters still play around the very same push out/slap down mixup Taka is relying on. Guys like Chiyomaru, Abi etc.

Saying that Taka lacks technique despite being a fairly consistent runner-up, losing only to Terunofuji himself is as retarded as it can get.
>>
>>115311629
Interesting, thanks.
So is it more a question of a lack of adaptability on Takakeisho's part or simply a function of his size and style in tandem not being well-suited to fight someone like Terunofuji?

I've not been watching that long, but I would imagine that a successful wrestler like Takakeisho would realize that his style wouldn't work well against Terunofuji, so it would make sense he would try something different...unless he also knew that anything else he tried would only have a worse result.
>>
>>115311746
Well, obviously, it's not like Teru is physically unbeatable. If your body is good enough to be an Ozeki, then I think it's the matter of adaptation. Or it could also be the matter of not pushing hard enough.

Bottom line is: Taka's style is one-dimensional, but it's not a shitty gimmick like being megaobese Hawaiian used to be. It has been part of top level sumo for generations and it is not going away any time soon.
>>
>>115312065
>it's not like Teru is physically unbeatable.
Of course not. You could kill him with a bottle of Coca-Cola.
>>
>>115262134
The Anime convention was in my town this weekend. How do anime fans manage to seem unattractive even though they’re thin and have good skincare. Feels like some weird evolutionary thing like there are girls with ideal body type, face and hair but I just immediately see them as not sexually attractive. Is this an example of different social tiers of humans
>>
>>115312065
I'll defer to your expertise. You've likely been watching longer than me.

I just hope that something happens to make the yusho race seem a little closer. I know there's always good matches up and down the card, but the second week matches aren't as fun when one guy walks away with the cup and everyone else is content to get their 8 wins and call it a day.
>>
>>115311746
To be so round and wide with a relatively small body and short arms, Taka traded off the ability to fight on the belt. He has said before that he often can't even grab the belt, much less fight on it. So he probably can't adapt his style even if he tried.

Whether he's capped himself by going for that body type is still up in the air, but right now he has great strength and power, and he will be remembered at the very least as a good ozeki.
>>
Taka literally beat Teru in the last day to force a playoff six months ago, it's not like it can't happen again.
And while Teru won that title obviously, Taka was still a title contender all the way through the tournament, it's not like a single loss on day 10 means he has no hope. Taka has been the same one-dimensional guy since he joined sumo and it's taken him to "title winning ozeki" which is on the precipice of yokozuna, and he's still relatively young. The question will be if injuries pile up, not whether his style isn't good enough.
>>
>>115279910
Asanoyama is the new Endo.
>>
>>115312673
When Taka beat Teru in Nov. 2020, he did it straight-up: a fast powerful charge upwards to keep Teru from getting planted and then juggling him back and out.

But in May and September of this year, Teru was able to prevent that charge by getting low and not letting Taka control his center of gravity. From there, he could shrug off Taka's thrusts, get on the belt and leave Taka without answers.

Teru has obviously adapted. I don't know if Taka has any answers.
>>
File: takayasu sleep.jpg (312 KB, 1280x720)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>115311481
comfy takayasu is slep :) do not wake him up!
>>
>>115308026
this monkey looking nigger trying to throw a haymaker at the GOAT while wearing a shit eating grin, only to miss by a mile, about to get OYMAI SHINDURU;d
>>
>>115309316
2 of his 100's of investments didn't pan out, that's not a bad record.
He's literally worth about 50M USD, that's more than all the NSK elders added together.
>>
File: E5ktLbFVoAAZCeD.jpg (208 KB, 1792x1368)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Keisho bros GIVE HIM YOUR POWER
WE CAN DO THIS
>>
File: file.png (106 KB, 548x824)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Day 11
Teru on the lead and starts taking on the sanyaku starting with his bf Ichinojo
Shodai has Meisei who he should be able to defeat
Takakeisho vs Endoo
Flip v Flip
Tobi v Hoshoryu
Ura v Abi
Henkanoshin v Chiyohenka
Pretty good day overall
>>
>>115314933
>Terunofuji vs Ichinojo
If Teru is feeling generous, he'll give Ichinojo the win to keep him off 7 losses and having to win out.
>Ura vs Abi
I'm looking forward to this one.
>>
>>115309794
He's too thicc and heavy to pivot throw like that. It works in Judo cause you have a gi to grab onto, or in freestyle wrestling if you can lock your arms around the guy's torso.
>>
>>115312333
hit the nail on the head, ball man is not physically able to belt fight with his body. He needs to get better at footwork/ring positioning to avoid getting grabbed. Also needs to come up with a variation of his strategy with big guys he can't push back on the charge, otherwise he's going to get crumped by big guys on the regular as his neck gives out
>>
>>115312240
anime costumes don't translate well into 3D, fits like a sack of rags
>>
File: 1584521762070.jpg (138 KB, 607x608)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>abi 9-1
>takakeisho 9-1
>>
I really hope oshoumi can finish strong and stay at the top of mukishita. any know why he went kyujo for those few days? injury or sickness?
>>
>>115317751
Takakeisho's been fighting against harder competition though. Abi's been feasting on scrubs.
>>
Abi on the NSK highlights of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEbNDhNtMKk
>>
>>115319738
It's only fitting that they recognize our future Yokozuna
>>
>>115279282
There it is. It's like a form of schadenfreude. You like imagining japanese sumo fans steaming mad about mongolians so you imagine it's true despite knowing zero japanese sumo fans.

>>115279910
He just needs to be more aggressive.
>>
>>115321163
>He just needs to be more aggressive.
Aggression was never his problem, it was his maturity.

Also
>replying to a post from two days ago.
>>
>>115321411
Why shouldn't I? The thread moves so slow.
>>
This is way more fun than it has any right to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOrTbCSV4Y
>>
>>115309768
>get into a fight with yakuza
>yakuza attempt to extort NSK
>???
>get kicked out of NSK
>>
File: sp discusses sumo.jpg (105 KB, 500x701)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
I kinda miss "redditnofuji" poster ngl
>>
>>115311629
>Taka's style is so ubiquitous in this sport, it has its own name "Oshizumo" (literally "push-sumo")
You're mischaracterizing the entire sport to push this. There are two primary bases on which to build a personal sumo style: oshizumo and yotsuzumo. A rikishi must decide whether he will try to push his opponents out of the ring (oshizumo), or trying to flip him (yotsuzumo). That's what those terms refer to. All rikishi build on one of these two foundations - oshi specialists do not all look like or fight like Takakeisho. Ura is oshizumo, Tobizaru is oshizumo, Chiyonokuni is oshizumo, Shimanoumi is oshizumo, Aoiyama is oshizumo.
>>
>>115322419
When you say "trying to flip him" is that referring to wrestlers who prefer to work on the opponent's belt as opposed to shoving him in the chest? (Noob question, still learning.)
>>
Mitakeumi looking like he "accidentally fell on a doorknob" there, was that from yesterday's bout?
>>
>>115322538
Yes, yotsuzumo is (essentially) belt sumo.

I should note that oshizumo specialists will do slapdowns, of course, but that's not an intended part of the style, it's just an exploit. Depending on the oyakata, the rikishi may take some shit for doing it instead of 'doing his sumo'.
>>
>>115322661
nah, He's had that shiner for a while. He got it on Day 3 against Daieisho from an accidental headbutt.
>>
>>115322695
Ah, OK, that's interesting. Kind of like how Enho doesn't get shit for jumping out of the way of a tachi-ai but a bigger, stronger guy doing a cynical slap-down to avoid 8 losses will?
>>
>>115322793
Right.
>>
File: 112321652.jpg (176 KB, 800x1135)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
does chiyomaru unironically have downs syndrome? why does his brother look so normal compared to him
>>
>>115323292
Everytime I see Chiyonomaru I think of Graham.
>>
>>115311629
>is as retarded as it can get.
The only thing in this thread "retarded" is you and your stupid posts.

Push sumo is limited sumo, which is why the GOAT said that if Takakeisho wanted to be great he would have to learn how to fight at the belt. Fuck off with your stupid bullshit, you rude cunt.
>>
File: Chiyomaru sleeping.jpg (76 KB, 768x1024)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>115323292
he's just a sleepy giant, him psyching himself up for the bouts is him just yawning while other dudes are slapping themselves and doing breathing exercises
>>
>>115309843
You're right, everyone should just grow an extra 6 inches and have metal rods inserted into their arms so they can outreach him
>>
>>115317751
The unstoppable thrust vs. the unstoppable throat thrust, truly a match-up for the ages
>>
>>115322328
It's Telunohuzi, and don't you forget it
>>
>>115324379
>>
>>115320597
I fucking hope he makes yokozuna so he can pull his shenanigan's again.

fuck the NSK shitters, sumo is ridiculous and they should just embrace it
>>
>>115324338
How can one man be so based
>>
File: np_file_87401-870x489.jpg (251 KB, 870x489)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
AAAAAA ICHINOJO HELP MEEE
>>
>>115262134
Do you think any of these guys are capable of achieving an erection?
>>
File: asanoyama-wtr.jpg (134 KB, 270x474)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>115325512
Yes, and sometimes it costs them...
>>
>>115325553
Now let's get some bitches will be my favorite meme from all the drama.
>>
>>115324478
he's gonna get destroyed
>>
>>115326122
are you kidding me? sukune probably can't even bite a dog
jack will win by mitokorozeme: pussy, ass, and mouth
>>
What's up with the people who use the retarded 18th century britbong style of romanization? Like Kintamayama, "Haukouhou" and all that shit.
>>
>>115326689
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>115326689
Boomers being boomers
If you see that shit then just start using 16th century Portuguese romanization back at them, like Faqufo or Tacaquexo.
>>
TERU
NO
HUZI
>>
>>115325093
>sumo is ridiculous
So don't watch it and fuck off out of the thread. What are you, a woman, or just a woman in a mans body?
>>
>>115325512
Think about cocks often do you, faggot?

Fuck off to >>>>/lgbt/ with your trash.
>>
>>115325650
>>
File: tachiyama5a.jpg (284 KB, 547x885)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>115326689
It isn't an old style, it is the correct style. There is no rikishi whose name is accurately transliterated as "Hakuho". "Hakuho" is objectively, literally wrong - even though we often use it. The two correct options would be: "Hakuhō" and "Hakuhou". The former is usually used for stylistic reasons while the latter is used for the purpose of precision in writing.

Kanji are pronounced relative to the characters in the Japanese syllabary. 「白」is pronounced as「はく」, and「はく」is written as "Haku".「 鵬」is pronounced as「ほう」, and is written as "hou". If we were to write "ho", then we could no longer translate/transliterate it back: "ho" does not become 「ほう」, it just becomes 「ほ」, and 「ほ」does not correspond to 「 鵬」.

Here is a strong example of the precision lost: In Juryo right now, there's a rikishi called Kotokuzan. One of the Koto bros, right? If you read that name and thought "he must be one of the Koto- rikishi", then you were wrong and you were tricked. Actually, his shikona is 「荒篤山」, pronounced 「こうとくざん」, and should therefore be written as "Koutokuzan". And if I hadn't explained that here, maybe you would look up Kotokuzan's stable, see that he isn't with the Koto bros, and wonder how someone outside of the stable got the "Koto" prefix. The question never occurs in the first place if the name is written precisely.

This isn't a real shikona, but imagine someone joined sumo and took the name「大鵬王」. That's pronounced 「おおほうおう」, and written "Oohouou". The casual would write it "Ohoo". From just "Ohoo", what do you know about how the name is supposed to be pronounced? Is it "oh-hoh", or "oh-who", or "oh-hoh-oh", or something else? You can't tell from just that, but you can tell from "Oohouou".

This romanization doesn't add anything for EVERY name, but it's important to keep consistent for clarity.
>>
Shishi still clinching on.
>>
>>115327409
shishi is just a smaller hokuseiho why do so many people care about him?
>>
>>115327516
Hokuseiho is just a larger Shishi
>>
>>115327516
Prospects are prospects.
>>
Fujiseun ;_;
>>
Atamifuji slow but sure today. Could see him being at least joi if he doesn't get injured.
>>
File: 1151bg8312.jpg (338 KB, 772x795)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>115326364
sorry brother goudou won't stop him from getting mawashi'd
>>
Kotoyusho needs one more win to make sure he doesn't get fucked in the ass by banzuke luck
>>
sooo desu ne
>>
>>115328722
sou 'ssu ne... maaa yappari ichinichi ichiban shuchuu shite ganbaritai to omoimasssssu
>>
Akiseyama KK
>>
wow it's weird to see hokutofuji so early in top division, let alone as the very first bout
>>
Hokutofuji still stylin on niggas, still slammin into niggas
>>
Watching Akua always makes me sad. Not because he's losing, but because he takes hard falls and is visibly hurt every fucking time. How does he do it?
>>
Fug, Roga misses a shot at the 7-0 direct promotion from top makushita.
>>
Oh shit Ura v Abi
>>
A B I
B
I
>>
fucking abi lmao
>>
not like this ura..
>>
>>115329096
8-3 so far is still outrageously good for how injured he continuously claims to be. Since his return to juryo, before and after every basho he's been telling reporters that he is in horrible health and doesn't know how long he can go on.
>>
What is takanosho's story?
>>
How the fuck is that torinaoshi? Either Takanosho's body was already dead or the heel touched first; in either case, it should have been a definitive result. Very weird call.
>>
in the absence of a reverse angle on abema, I'm calling bullshit on that torinaoshi
>>
>>115329316
>>115329321
Isegahama protecting his deshi
>>
File: nobudog.jpg (11 KB, 163x396)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>115329309
>What is takanosho's story?
Regarding what?

He's a late-bloomer, but looks to be a joijin mainstay. He could be/have been even higher, but he's fighting on an unrepaired ACL (like Endo) and refuses to get the surgery. His radically inconsistent performances from basho to basho are a result of this. He's considered cute on social media, and has a Shiba inu 'mascot' character called "Nobudog" who is on one of his keshoumawashi.

He would probably be ozeki right now if the koushou seido system still existed.
>>
>>115329344
>Isegahama protecting his deshi
Isegahama is maybe the one oyakata who you can respect for /not/ doing that when he's a shinpan. How short are your memories? Have you already forgotten the molecular-level hairpull that HE called on Terunofuji like 3 basho ago?
>>
kiribayama with the lift out? oh shit
>>
Kiribayama is kicking it into overdrive. I think he might be the real deal if he doesn't get hurt again. The shoulder injury history is concerning for a guy regularly pulling tsuridashi.
>>
Shout out to Filipino moms
>>
My guy Mitakeumi is going to reach Ozeki eventually, r-right?
>>
Unless he's hiding an injury, Takayasu's motivation just fucking sank the instant he hit 5-3.
>>
File: michan.jpg (77 KB, 1280x854)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>115329474
I still believe
the man with this smile will do it
>>
Can't wait for Shodai to brighten my day by jobbing
>>
>>115329495
I don't know why I enjoy seeing him lose too
>>
>>115329507
>>115329495
back to plebbit
>>
>>115329507
I don't even dislike him, he just loses in the funniest ways
>>
How can we get Shoudai to be less depressed? From everything we've seen in his career, he always gets his biggest tournaments when he's happy in life.
Maybe we should send him a card.
>>
Time for asleepinojo.
>>
Another shitty ichinojo vs reddit no fuji bout inbound
>>
ICHINOJO IS GONNA RUIN TERU'S ZENSHO
>>
>>115329596
tonight, the great awakening comes
steel yourself for a 10/10 instant classic bout
>>
The mad lad showed some signs of life
>>
HE'S AWAK-

well he was
>>
Holy shit Ichinojo gave him his hardest fight lmao
>>
good show at least.
>>
HE WAS AWAKE
BUT BEING AWAKE WASNT ENOUGH
>>
Suprisingly long bout
>>
>>115329605
apologize or move the goalpost
>>
>>115329680
'Jo is the rare rikishi who wrestles to the level of his competition, as cliché as that notion is in sports. Whether his opponent is M17 or yokozuna, it will always be a close fight.
>>
>>115329700
Still a shitty bout faggot
>>
lots of interesting matches tomorrow:
kotonowaka-shohozan
ura-hokutofuji
hidenoumi-chiyoshoma
abi-tamawashi
okinoumi-shimanoumi
daieisho-hoshoryu
shodai-kiribayama
takayasu-takakeisho
terunofuji-meisei
>>
File: 1637218397013.gif (2.48 MB, 600x338)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
>>
File: 1637150087169.jpg (58 KB, 700x678)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>leave teru to me
>>
>>115330259
You know as soon as the director called cut, he chugged the rest of the bottle.
>>
>>115327533
>>115327516
Shishi center of gravity is lower
but he lacks inventive; potentially a new Kagayaki
the other can became a new Akebono if he put up mass, like the other anon said >>115224568
>>
>>115331216
Noticed this too.
Supposedly Shishitter is not new to sumo, having a good amateur background, but to me it looks like he's completely lost, like if he was coming from another sport.
>>
>>115331216
His movements are awkward as shit. I don't know a single rikishi in the top 3 divisions who stumbles around as much as he does. He looks like a sandanme shitter who is getting carried up one rank by his giant village retard genes alone.

Of course, it's his first year and he might have a bright future, but Hokuseiho's performance is so much more convincing, and right off the bat too, there is no way you can compare them.
>>
File: sumo sleep.png (124 KB, 288x236)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>115329433
Chiyonofuji had a lot of shoulder injuries early in his career. Kiribayama should take a page out of his book.

>get swole + do roids
>use more conservative moves like yorikiri when able
>>
guys, what if
Abi Yusho?
>>
A B I

A

B

I

YOUR NEW YOKOZUNA
>>
File: unknown-1.png (218 KB, 345x351)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>115334052
>>115334106
Wrong
>>
>>115327019
take your high horse and go fuck yourself with it.
I watch sumo exactly because this shit is ridiculous on the scale of a pro wrestling match condensed into 10 second matches
>>
File: ants.png (36 KB, 160x160)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>called SADanoumi
>looks sad
who writes this shit?
>>
File: image_l.jpg (254 KB, 960x1349)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>115334842
>Tochi NO SHIN
>is effectively missing a shin
>>
File: Sumo-Rikishi-Abi-002.jpg (513 KB, 5472x3648)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>115334842
>Abi
>Clearly not an small, flying insect
I dunno. I think the writers are drunk.
>>
File: 112421121.gif (1.3 MB, 398x498)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
endo looked like he was literally bouncing off of takakeisho
>>
>>115335152
Keisho was angry after yesterday
>>
what the fuck did I just watch with Ichinojo vs Teurunofuji?
it's like both where fighting the hardest to keep the other in the ring
>>
>>115327516
>why do so many people care about him?
Hakujins' last hope.
Tochi's career is on his last legs, Kaisei is about to be relegated to Juryo, Big Dan is Big Dan.
>>
File: イェルシン.jpg (124 KB, 687x1000)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>115335897
you forget the Kazak
he's 6-0 at Sd100TD
with a yusho he can go direclty to Makushita
>>
>>115336375
>you forget the Kazak
That's a stretch. If your count Ersin, you might as well count Roga, who is 1/2 tuvan/mongolian but goes as Rohssiya shusshin.
>>
File: image_2021-11-24_220023.png (93 KB, 1711x631)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>115334214
you know, I usually talk mad shit about keisho, saying he's a disappointing ozeki but even a terunofag like me must admit that keisho is doing an amazing basho

Maybe is a curse that makes him be a shitter all year but win explenderously on the kyushu baso
>>
>>115338884
Keisho's problem is how injury-prone he is thanks to his body type and fighting style. If he was healthy every tournament he'd unironically be a yokozuna by now.
>>
File: file.png (106 KB, 542x831)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Day 12
Teru still on the lead with 11 wins, followed by Takakeisho and Abi. Gets Meisei who defeated him last basho
Takayasu v Takakeisho, not related
Shodai v Kiribayama
Choketakeumi v Endo
Daieisho v Hoshoryu
Abi v Tamawashi
Ura v Hokutofuji
Good bouts coming up again
>>
>>115338952
but he ain't healthy and that's a disappointment that makes him undeserving of the rope belt. Yokozunas are expected to have an overwhelming consistency in their performances and always be winners or runner ups. If Keisho can't stay healthy he isn't, by any stretch, yokozuna material
>>
By the way, is it me or Teruno's matches are really fucking amazing? Not because of teru himself, but it seems like most of the guys who have gone against him have pushed themselves really hard to not give the yoko an easy win
>>
>>115339184
>By the way, is it me or Teruno's matches are really fucking amazing?
No, I've noticed it too. Just about every match he's had he's been on the back foot for at least a little bit. Guys are going after him hard.
>>
>>115339258
is a kinboshi THAT fucking good?
>>
>>115339290
there is a monetary incentive, after all.
>>
>>115339290
A single kinboshi gives you a permanent salary increase of ¥240,000 per year.
>>
>>115339132
Keisho is healthier than ever now. Expect him to to completely eclipse Teru soon.
>>
>>115339557
this basho? definitely, it will be a good match
I still prefer Abi yusho

>>115339526
>>115339370
are rikishi that broke ass?
>>
>>115339526
What of Shodai somehow became Yokozuna?
>>
>>115339659
If your boss came up to you and offered you a permanent €2,000 bonus to your annual salary until you retire if you beat a guy in a fight.
Now imagine if you had that opportunity every two months, with the bonus stacking.
>>
>>115339777
its 1800€ or 2000$
eeeh, it isn't that much, its 150€ more per month, which is noticeable for broke ass bitches like me, hence why I ask of rikishi are broke ass too
>>
>>115339290
>is a kinboshi THAT fucking good?
Yeah, they act as sort of multipliers in determining their mochikyuukin pay and they last the rest of your career (while you're sekitori) and they stack, IIRC.

I think also it's the prestige factor.
>>
>>115339659
>are rikishi that broke ass?

You might find this interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochiky%C5%ABkin

I don't know what their base salary is, but the Makuuchi guys make a decent living before adding in the salary equivalent of what their supporters' clubs give them.
>>
>>115339290
Plus the yokozuna are almost always the highest sponsored fighters so beating them gives you a bigger prize money winning than you'll ever get beating anyone else.
>>
>>115326364
>sukune probably can't even bite a dog
>>
>>115339557
cool abi pic
>>
>>115340223
>Winning the makuuchi yūshō (championship) gives a bonus of 30 yen, which increases to 50 yen if the championship was won with a "perfect" (15-0) record
its extremely fucking impossible that this shit is up to date
>>
>>115341300
Keep reading anon, the yen bonus is multiplied by 4000. Those were just the original values, inflation is a thing.
>>
>>115341353
>The value of the mochikyūkin account is multiplied by a predefined number to give the actual distributed monetary bonus, which is paid six times a year (once for each tournament) to the sekitori wrestlers; the current multiplier, since the year 1998, is 4000
shit, that line was a bit hidden

Still, the inlfation since 1998 is fucking massive, they should update it soon
>>
>>115341402
or so I though, but apparently there has been none? what the fuck?
>>
>>115341402
>>115341445
The Japanese economy has been varying degrees of fucked for the past 30 years.
>>
>>115341402
So between their base salary, their tournament supplemental salary, other bonuses, envelopes, and supporter club gifts, they do OK.

The base salary for the lowest juryo is the equivalent of 9,000USD if I remember correctly, a yokozuna's base salary is 25,000USD
>>
>>115341633
It's ok/good by regular person standards, but pretty pathetic if you compare it to something like bball or footie where mediocre teenage faggots can get paid millions only to never score in the big leagues and the good players make Hakuho look poor.

It's extra bad considering that sumo might be the hardest sport out there, given how dangerous it is, how stingy are the conduct standards and the fact that you're expected to dedicate 100% of your life to it by living in a heya.
>>
>>115342422
Competitive sumo during the feudal period was a way for poor commoners to achieve a slight measure of wealth and status approaching that of a noble, and that really hasn't changed. It's why even yokozuna only get the single sword and not the pair that symbolized the samurai class. Nobody gets into sumo if they actually want to get rich as an athlete, it's why super-parents like Takakeisho's dad are retarded.
>>
>>115341402
At least as of 2018, the multiplier was still 4000.

So if I understand this correctly:

3, starting value
+ (0.5 x each win in a kachi-koshin result)
+ (30 x each top level championship)
+ (50 x each clean-sheet top level championship)
+ (10 x each kinboshi)
-----
sum * 4000

So, for someone like Ura, he has 130 kachi-koshin wins in his career and a single kinboshi, that would make his multiplier is 85, times 4000 is 340,000 yen or about 3000 dollars for every tournament for the rest of his career in sekitori, a figure that will only go up as he gets more wins.

This on top of his base salary and what he gets from prize envelopes.
>>
>>115342422
Certainly, by the standards of other professional athletes in more popular sports, yeah, they're not that well paid. One wonders what kind of salary structure sumo could support, though. It's practically nonexistent outside of Japan and it doesn't seem to be wildly popular in Japan compared to baseball or even soccer.
>>
>>115342543
One important part of mochikyukin is that, so long as you didn't get promoted before hitting the minimum threshold which is rare, it's impossible for it to go down no matter how much you lose, as long as you're still a sekitori. So if someone starts at ozeki and ends up in juryo, their base salary will decrease by almost 60%, but the mochikyukin will remain the same and will keep increasing if they go back to winning scores.
>>
>>115329748
>moved the goalpost
thanks
>>
>Takakeisho and Shodai nowhere near promotion to yokozuna
>Abi speedrunning his way back to makunouchi, threatening a yusho on his first basho back, and endearing the hearts and minds of all men across the planet
Yokozuna Abi
>>
What if Abi wins or keeps being a runner up and then Asanoyama comes back and does the same?

Do you think that sekitori wrestlers who actually care about reaching the very top will start dodging bashos on purpose to recover, rest and train?

Abi may have lost lots of money, but the further he goes the less it looks like a punishment. Hell, his Juryo record is actually better than Terunofuji's, albeit only by one win.
>>
>>115342543
Terunofuji's would be 277, or the equivalent of 57,000USD per year.
Ichinojo, with his 8 kinboshi would be 139, or the equivalent of 29,000USD per year.

Hakuho's must have been astronomical.
>>
>>115343077
I've considered this as well. A full six tournament schedule is pretty brutal and there's no offseason ever. Taking basically a year off to heal up and fight back up through the low levels might leave you in a better place, long-term.
>>
>>115343132
>Hakuho's must have been astronomical.
If I'm doing the math right, it would be 2183.
That's 8732000 yen per basho or $75,660.68
>>
I'm just happy to see Akua back to his usual self just falling 10 feet neck-first off the dohyo win or lose
>>
>>115343206
well good idea as long as you don't get hurt on the way up
>>
>>115346447
I imagine it would be pretty difficult to have joi-tier ability and get hurt fighting juryo shitters
>>
>>115347268
Always a possibility, especially when juryo thrives on negative sumo.
>>
>>
File: 1585450722963.jpg (154 KB, 1024x1024)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>
Oho choking hard
>>
File: If x didnt exist.png (470 KB, 835x495)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>115343022
If Terunofuji doesnt exist Takakeisho is the yokozuna here you know? Terunofuji is the best right now he is on his way to possible great yokozuna status Takekeisho is one tough dude he is tough.
>>
lmao wtf Ishiura
>>
>Ishiura
>>
groriusu smerru of mawashi
>>
lmao wtf was that a double henka?
>>
Who has Akua pegged for a kachikoshi? Would never have put him at 7-5 after day 12.
>>
wtf is going on today, half of these bouts have been comedy gold
>>
>>115349735
look at the dohyo: it's yellowish and dry as the dunes in Tottori
everyone afraid of losing by slippiotoshi (but it still happen)
>>
Ishiura please hang it up bro
>>
That Ura celebration
>>
I loved the little pop-off from Ura, it's a shame that this is his last basho considering the JSA will kill him now
>>
File: ura_sumo_thum800.jpg (74 KB, 402x600)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
lmao
I hope Ura doesn't get too much of a scolding for that
>>
>>115343077
>>115343206
Tochinoshin, Chiyonokuni, Ryuden, Terunofuji, Ura all did this off the top of my head. All took time off due to injuries, went way down the banzuke, then basically smurfed their way back up. Tochi and Teru definitely improved on account of it.
>>
File: FFBhXyraUAAKchn.jpg (523 KB, 2048x1536)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>115349824
>>115349832
>>115349839
>mfw mummy brings home macdonalds
>>
>>115349810
adding, as a general suggestion, that the multiple HNK slomo replays give you the advantage to look closely at the feet movements during the bout; very very important
>>
>>115349861
The dilemma is about how voluntary that "time off due to injuries" was. I don't remember how it was for Ryuden and Chiyonokuni, but Teru, Ura and Tochi were injured to the point of being unable to walk.
What does a rikishi do if his knees are fucked but he can still technically move? Is it 'better' for him to stay in makuuchi at M13-M17, or risk going to the bottom of makushita in the hope he'll recover and then be able to make it back?
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAABI
>>
YOKOZUNA ABI
>>
remove abi
>>
Say it with me

Yokozuna Abi
>>
Asashoryu sighting in the crowd, don't choke nephew
>>
File: hfg.png (299 KB, 500x375)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>pulling
>>
>>115350009
WHERE
>>
File: d_13466092.jpg (30 KB, 640x575)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
if this ends up being an Abi yusho I will have to remove myself
>>
File: nephew.jpg (57 KB, 773x1175)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
el sobrino rojo lost in front of asashoryu :-(
>>
File: TÍO.png (1.54 MB, 1162x739)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IMAGINE THE TWEETS
>>
>>115350094
https://twitter.com/Asashoryu/status/1463784142559055874
he already tweeted
>>
heem bloody
>>
>Ichi grips on the front part of the mawashi that slipped out
>Drops it like "naw this ain't it"
>Grips it again when he can't get the belt
lol
>>
takarafuji's dick is about to be out
>>
File: tio_revoke.jpg (146 KB, 730x1161)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
what did he mean by this?
>>
Man, Takayasu looks completely unmotivated
>>
Ozeki never...
>>
WHAT ARE YOU DOING???
AAAAAAA MITAKEUMI
>>
>>115350153
he was praising the mass of ichinojo's snorlax-like form
>>
CAM ON SHODAI
>>
shodai kachikoshi, he's free to job as much as he likes now
>>
has asashoryu had a match with any active top division riskishi other than tochinoshin?
>>
Spicy
>>
People just straight up bounce off of Takakeisho as if he's made of blubber I mean rubber
>>
a zensho would be so fucking ridiculous, yet here we are
>>
Ura, my son... Why did you celebrate? WHY? NSK will fuck him up
>Shamefur dispray!
>>
>>115350276
I skimmed his sumodb record and I didn't see anybody else other than Tochi. Asa's an old man. The last time he had a match against Kotonowaka, the current Kotonowaka was 8 years old.
>>
File: file.png (107 KB, 551x831)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
Day 13
Teru still on the lead while being undefeated. Gets Mitakeumi who has been disappointing on second week
Shodai has secured his KK so don't expect him to defeat Tamawashi
Takakeisho v Abi. Both are following Teru with one loss each and neither of them can afford to lose if they wan't to stay on yusho race, unless Teru shits the bed completely
Ichinojo v Ura
Hoshoryu v Wakatakakage
Akua v Tobizaru
Good bouts
>>
Keisho is gonna demolish Abi tomorrow, hamster doesn't have a neck to grab.
>>
>>115351467
Really wanna see Abi trying to throat new Teru. I think his style seems to be naturally good against tall heavy mfers like Teru,the way he pivots them and shit.
>>
>>115351496
Its pretty 50/50 if they will make Teru fight Abi or Shodai on day 14. Theres been only one case of yokozuna facing m15, and seven m14, most recent being Hakuho 11-2 v Goeido 10-3 on day 14. Senshuraku musubi-no-ichiban will definitely be Teru v Takakeisho
>>
>>115351467
>Gets Mitakeumi who has been disappointing
he'll smell the envelopes on the ringside
>>
File: IMG_20210519_192501.jpg (417 KB, 935x1107)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
He actually did it, he got his KK
>>
>>115351594
>Senshuraku musubi-no-ichiban will definitely be Teru v Takakeisho
Even if Taka loses tomorrow?
>>
>>115326847
Qeq
>>
>>115262134
Bump
>>
not even a year ago everyone itt shat on abi
and not bcuz he was stupid & got suspended
but they shit on him way before then, shit all over his same old tired form

who knew vaccinated abi would shit on all these covid babies and especially you cuckold faggots

abi-covid, the most deadliest broship
>>
>>115350166
like always then
>>
File: Tío Azul.jpg (481 KB, 1356x763)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
El tío azul with some cutie.
>>
>>115356463
She looks better with the mask on. I guess him too. I guess me too.
>>
File: Would.jpg (181 KB, 703x703)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>115357013
Would.
>>
File: 59b.jpg (77 KB, 784x896)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>115357013
many such cases
>>
File: FFCwEe_aIAACNyR.jpg (208 KB, 1108x1478)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
>>115350276
Tamawashi was around at that time too, not sure if they faced off
>>
>>115357743
SAD!
>>
>>115351496
Abi defeating Teru would be the greatest possible thing in this basho.
Still tho, I hope Keisho destroys him today.
>>
>>115357748
I miss these 2 niggas like you wouldn't believe
>>
JSA are still faggots. Teru will win without facing Abi.
>>
>>115362206
>undefeated yokozuna doesn't face a maegashira 15
stop the presses
>>
>>115362284
>yokozuna gets to eat alive an unmotivated Shodai on day 15 instead of the one guy who has a shot at winning the tournament
>>
>>115357576
Motherfucker, you're a g'damn beta virgin...you'd stick your dick in any bitch that would let you, regardles of what she looked like or if she was as fat as a g'damn sow.

Fuck off.
>>
>>115362379
Not the yokozuna's fault the ozeki isn't performing.
>>
ishiurah and akiseyama slap webm anyone?

happy thanksgiving sumobros
>>
File: IMG_20211126_003048.jpg (13 KB, 151x136)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>Terunocuckji loses by mono'i because he falls on the ground a good half second before Endo
>"We will not stand for this awful display of Japanese xenophobia! This is the literal Mongolcaust!"

>Terunoshitter gets promoted to yokozuna despite losing a tournament and then proceeds to deliberately not get matched with the best performers for 2 bashos in a row.
>"Oh... My... God... He's soooo dominant! A legendary Yokozuna in the making!"
>>
File: Tochinoshin v Enho.webm (1.13 MB, 1280x720)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB WEBM
will they ever face each other again?
>>
>>115363583
Yeah, January in juryo.
>>
File: ishiura slap.webm (1.99 MB, 1280x676)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
>>115362777
this one right? also is he retired or slopping around in makushita these days or what
>>
>>115363583
Sure, if Tochi doesn't retire after this basho.
>>
>>115363761
He got his KK in Makushita already
>>
>>115363761
thanks leafbro!
>>
how bad would things get if a non-mongolian chinese person got to makuuchi
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>115363781
oh good for him, I usually have the makushita bouts playing purely as background noise I didn't even notice

also anyone have that meme pic of him where they posted his body next to some older japanese train and it looked exactly like his chest/stomach
>>
>>115363872
They probably wouldn't care that much. They've already had three Chinese reach juryo.
>>
>>115349628
>>115349630
>>115349821
pulled a page out of Enho's strategy book
>wait for opponent to come towards you
>squat by the edge of the ring
>???
>profit!
>>
File: opponent.png (19 KB, 309x228)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>115358425
they didn't
check "Show all bouts by opponent" on the left column in the DB
>>
>>115362455
Eat shit, papi.
>>
>>115363912
>>
>>115362379
It sucks but the ozeki east has earned the right to face the yokozuna on the last day.

If Takakeisho is going to win this, he needs to go on an appropriately epic run, the sort of which would be the start a campaign to become yokozuna in his own right.
>>
What was he saying to his lady partner?
>>
>>115364572
lmao thanks
>>
>>115365979
>I swear, the kid's an embarrassment. He gets it from his mother. I told my brother a thousand times she was no good, she wouldn't bear strong sons. Does he listen? Noooo. Nobody listens to ol' Dolgorsürengiin because he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. It's like I'm talking to the fucking wind with these people. Anyway, this bullshit's almost over, I'll do a little song-and-dance with the media and we can hit up that restaurant we saw on the way from our hotel. Sound good?
>>
>>115363088
seethe, cope, etc.
>>
chris gould says that restrictions on wrestlers going out and about during tournaments are lifted as of today. has the NSK gone too far in their latest attempt to sabotage abi??
>>
NEW >>>

>>115366490
>>115366490
>>115366490

NEW >>>

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.