[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2.18383169.jpg (30 KB, 764x430)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
what went wrong?
>>
>>114142052
120 goals and assists. 4 Fa cups. Most chances created in a season in the premier league. Most consecutive assists in the premier league. Most chances creates in a premier league game. Won the world cup at Arsenal. Scored or assisted against Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, PSG, Dortmund, Napoli and all other big teams. Better Goal+Assist Ratio than Dennis Berkgamp and Robert Pires.

He mogs every Arsenal Signing not named Alexis Sanchez after him.
>>
>>114142052
his eyes were offside
>>
File: ozil marcatoons.jpg (10 KB, 267x189)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>114142052
¡VIVA EL REAL MADRID!
>>
>>114142052
https://youtu.be/hGemG_qP3QE

Show me a video of KDB or Bruno or whatever fraud /sp/ rates that can produce a compliation of this ilk, this level of uniqueness and creativity in their passing.

Football is dead and it died when Özil left the top
>>
File: Arse 3-1 Leic.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>114142749
this, couldn't watch arsenal for a couple of years after he left, football was so shit.
he is basically too intelligent a player for the most idiotic era of football and society in general. Far too subtle for plebs and pundits of today to understand.
>>
He can't and won't defend, in an era where every player has to be capable of defending and attacking. Thus although he produced good attacking statistics, he didn't have as positive an impact on his team as it might have appeared. This was especially the case in English football.

Effectively, the era of the physically and defensively poor playmaker CAM is over. Ozil is like Riquelme in this respect, a footballer for a different age. Football has moved on and qualitatively improved since this era, and anachronisms such as ozil rightly get discarded.

In sum, a massively overhyped player, weak of mind and body, who occasionally produced beautiful football but was a drag on his team in many ways. Also emblematic of a certain streak of the arsenal fanbase which, despite being very vocal in their negativity to the actual order of things, actually knows precious little about football. These people are mentally stuck in 2005, and it shows.
>>
>>114142052
racism
>>
File: EW2JvNPX0AERyM3.jpg (42 KB, 723x391)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>114142820
This is what people don't understand. I watch football for entertainment. I live on a rock off South America, I have no geographic ties to Holloway, England or its environs. I loved watching Arsenal young because they played entertaining football. Sure they might not have won every game like United or Barcelona or Real Madrid, but it was the highs and the lows together that made the football watching sweet. When you get to watch a player like Özil, who yes doesn't move as much as a guy like Kanté but that's not his game, he shows you that different level to the game that is worth celebrating.
Any guy can hit a cross to the backpost with a 4 man overload and score. Sure, the average guy won't get it right the first time, but it can be done. If you screenshot a scenario in a game, you can count the available passes, Özil could have still hit a pass that the Camera couldn't like the Monreal assist. He was too intelligent for a shitty team like Arsenal and since he hasn't been a first team regular the football has turned to shit. Football has turned to shit really. Everything is short passes or deep crosses or hard pressing and overturns with quick breaks. No fluidity, no artistry. No one where you watch and think, wow I can never be that good. No moments where you can replay and think I would uave never thought to do that. Everything is just predictable, fuelled by wealthy billionaires tugging each others cocks trying to maximize their investment.
A commerical product sold to people who don't even watch the games, rather they just look at their phones for FPL. Then they can learn whose the best player based on points. Sad state of affairs.
>>
>>114142820
He was the one with the smartest movement in Arsenal. However, he's lack in work ethic.
>>
>>114142945
That whole era argument is so stupid. Should we discount Ronaldinho or Baggio because they weren't hard workers? Maradonna because the defenders he played against were inferior? Thiago Silva because he wouldn't be able to stand up to the big men of the 90s? Is Ji Sung Park now the best midfielder at United because he was working harder than anyone else?
Football is a sport you watch with your EYES. You lot forgot that. You watch the player and in your estimatation of how they handle situations on the pitch is how good they were? From watching Mesut Özil, I can truly say they wasn't a better creative talent than him besides Ronaldinho, Messi and Maradonna. You might say inconsistent or he didn't work hard, but I simply don't care about that. Show me one goal that Arsenal conceded that Ozil was directly at fault for? Show me interceptions that he should have made that could have lead to a counter attack. Show how him not tracking back resulted in unnessary pressure on Arsenal's defense. I'll tell you one thing. He wouldn't have scored against Bayern if he tracked back.
All these are media regurgitated garbage that constantly deflected arsenal's actual problems because they were intelligent enough to be able to define them
>>
>>114143247
What's his best assist other than the Monreal one?
Beautiful words Trivagobro
>>
>>114143553
Always loved the Giroud assist vs Aston Villa. One flick takes out the whole defence.

https://youtu.be/OoQx_GQ_Qzw

Obviously his one to Aubameyang. Its a simple pass in of itself, but he runs the play from the start.

The backheel to lacazette was also just as sweet, again running the play. Putting it on a plate.
>>
will never understand how someone can place such perfect passes but still be so shit in front of goal lmao
one of those players that i really wish chelsea would rob off arsenal, genuinely a brilliant player
>>
>>114143511
>in an era where every player has to be capable of defending and attacking
Take Ozil's cock out of your mouth for a moment and reread the very first line.
>>
>>114142945
i watch games to be entertained
>>
>>114144050
Watching your team get stomped because your CAM is just strolling isn't fun.
>>
>>114143247
dangerously based
>>
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
i know it sounds cliche but with Özil even players close to him like Mertesacker and Podolski alluded he just doesn't like to train years ago
he grabbed all the coins he could from football but clearly hasn't had ambition in the field since he left Real
>>
File: OzilvsJack_1.jpg (484 KB, 1440x2036)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>114144048
You very clearly didn't read anything past the first line. I understand your IQ is very limited bong so I'll stoop to your level. Here you can see Mesut Özil's defensive stats vs 100 Million £, World Class (of this era), Hard working Lad Jacky Grealish. As you can see, Grealish makes 0.82 tackles per game while Özil makes 0.875 tackles per game. This, while averaging double the assists delievered
>>
>>114144392
>calling me a bong
Disgusting
>As you can see, Grealish makes 0.82 tackles per game while Özil makes 0.875 tackles per game. This, while averaging double the assists delievered
Isn't Grealish accused of not tracking back enough? And tackles aren't the primary concern. It's putting pressure. Look at Firmino. He averages way fewer tackles (~35 a season lately) but he's one of the keys to Liverpool winning back the ball solely due to putting pressure.
>>
>>114144607
Sorry about calling you a bong. That was too far. Grealish may get some stick for not tracking back enough, its probably why Mount is preferred by Southgate, but it is nowwhere near the level of cricticism, Özil got evey game. As for pressures see attached. This was not the cases for every game but its what I could find. BUT i still rebute the idea of every player must attack and defend. So football will just turn back into Cyruff's total football again? I doubt it. Player specialization made the game. It separated bad managers from great managers. The ability to maximize your teams strength and mitigate their weaknesses. Compare Wjnaldum wirh Liverpool and with Holland. With Liverpool there is very little to separate him and Henderson output wise, but with Holland he is the heartbeat of the team, scoring and assisting goals. A manager should always maximize their players output. And yes I know, Wjnaldum had to be that role because advancing him could disrupte the team defensively, but just find another headlesa chicken like henderson to play that way instead of wasting him.

Had Arsenal signed Kante and Vardy in 2016, we would have won the league for sure. Instead those morons signed a DM who runs less that Özil.
>>
>>114142052
it didn't go wrong, he's won his only club trophies there.
>>
>>114145037
Özil's problem is he does "run" without the ball but not in the incisive moments or when it might lead to a tackle
Definition of phonig it to fool stats obsessed managers like Wenger
>>
>>114142945
Fucking this. Di Maria>>>>>>Ozil
>>
Next the Tyranitar and Torterran is going to tell us that a bow and arrow is superior to a gun because it's more elegant and he has the stats to prove it.
>>
>>114142052
I'm so glad he's gone and that I don't have to hear/read about him anymore.
>>
>>114143247
Boomer, the post
>>
>>114142749
lol at how many chances his Real teammates bury compared to his Arselel teammates who miss shitters after shitters
>>
In Germany players get called the next Özil, but never alone. It's the next Özil+Ballack, Özil+Müller, Özil+Kroos, ...
Don't get that for other players
>>
>>114143247
>I watch football for entertainment.
But results would be nice. Ozil squandered his talent (in all manners except financially) by being unable to adapt, for being completely stifled when playing against any high level opposition, and for being a supposed star player who could only meet his billing when the game was already won.
>>
File: Young people footy_1.jpg (250 KB, 790x1973)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>114145144
Again false equivalency. Look if points that your club get or trophies that your club wins that will never impact you irl, matter to you then by all means that agrument reigns true. Boston Dynamics FC will be the superpower club then can't wait. But I've grown past that. This Fake tribalism that separates fans because they want to develop hype and sell tickets and merch. I gain one thing from watching Football. Being entertained for 90 minutes. If I'm not being entertained by the match, I can take it off and do something more productive or watch something else. This is reflected in the data, as less younger people are tuning in than in previous years. I never said Özil was the most effective player, I just sai in terms of creavtivity and technical skills, he's one of the best ever and for what I want in a footballer he is everything that I want, especially whwn you analyze the subtly movements and the dropping the shoulder and him scanning the pitch. It was mezmeric to watch.

>Tyranitar and Torterran
Kek. That was funny. I'm gonna start using that
>>
>>114145106
He won La Liga and the Copa del Rey in Spain. He also won the Pokal at Werner Bremen
>>
>>114143501
Literally factually wrong, shows how much people interpret body language and whatever other subjective bullshit and also just parrot idiots like Gary Neville who understands nothing about the game.

He literally has always run more than most, easily outrunning Sanchez in every single game, often covering 2kms more per game, yet people think Sanchez was giving everything and Özil was lazy.

People need panto-villain level acting or they don't understand what they are seeing, be humble and subtle and no one rates you nearly as highly as the asshole gesticulating and badge kissing.

Same reason people even can even consider arguing Ronaldo is anywhere Messi's level. One is an arrogant poser, the other humble and subtle. One is an above average goalscorer, the other an actual genius the likes we have never seen before.
>>
>>114145432
kek
in your head it was real
>>
>>114142052
How do you start a thread without an image?
>>
>>114145654
Again not true. He has a number of MOTM awards scoring either the winning goal or assist vs United, City, Chelsea, Spurs. Cruically he took Arsenal top of the league with that Welbeck Assist vs Leicester. Had Giroud not gone 16 games without scoring you might have an opposite tone to his time at the club in light a premier league trophy
>>
>>114145116
Again I ask for one instance whereby Özil not lunging in for a Tackle or an interception made the team concede. I'll wait.

Also, he was regular starters under Mourinho and Lowe as well. He was easily on course to break Mathius's cap record havibg 92 caps at 27. So, unless those are stats obbessed managers as well, your point is moot.
>>
>>114145914
>Here you go fellow redditor! Some Gold for your le funny.
>>
Going to bump this thread from page 10 just to say BASED TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Özil will always be my 2nd favourite german player, altough it was a dirty break up him and Germany had (both were at fault)
>>
>>114142052
This guy made Arsefags forget Fabregas he's that good

Sadly, he's weakmind. If only he was a captain material like Fabregas
>>
Ozil was based for milking arsenal dry. Imagine playing Willian over him and sabotaging your entire season only for Willian to cancel his contract himself
>>
>>114150133
Fabregas was a shit captain. He kept flirting with barca demeaning his club.
RVP was better.
>>
>>114143030
Wasn't he basically ostracized from the NT after all his turk shenanigans or did he just get too old?
>>
>>114145245
Well Real Madrid had Ronaldo. And Benzema and Arsenal didnt have anyone with half the bollocks these two had ever since RvP exodus
>>
>>114150174
He retired after the 2018 World Cup. Löw repeatedly tried to contact him to bring him back but Özil just ignored him and his calls.
>>
>>114150151
Bruh loyalty≠on field leadership
>>
File: 1376592174154.gif (971 KB, 237x142)
971 KB
971 KB GIF
trinidad and tobago single-handedly bringing the IQ and level of discourse up by himself. I salute you
>>
>>114143247
based ozil appreciator
>>
>>114142052
i dont know, i watched him since 2010 WC, all through RM and Arsenal and think he is the best 10 ever played
his vision and creativy are objectively 10/10
his easygoing, shy and soft personality werr the reason of his downfall sadly
>>
his talent was wasted passing to giroud and AOC lol, went from real madrid to arsenal wtf do you think....man start to chill
>>
so incredibly overrated by the premier league fanbois
>>
>>114152096
he was lucky he transfered into the laegue when 50m was still a lot of money for England and Arsenal
only ever valued for his price tag, not for what he did on the pitch
his impact on Arsenal was zero. didn't help them to a title challenge, didn't improve their CL fortunes, at the end he did nothing to stop their decline to mid table club
>>
>>114143511
>Should we discount
No. They were good because they suited their (objectively, qualitatively) weaker eras.

>Football is a sport you watch with your EYES.
Are we talking about the level of quality of a player, or how pretty they are?

>I simply don't care about that.
You're allowed to have your favourite player! Simply don't argue that he was any better than, say, KDB or Fernandes, who both take a big dump all over ozil.

>He wouldn't have scored against Bayern if he tracked back.
And perhaps arsenal wouldn't have conceded 10 on aggregate if he had.
>>
File: hugfren.jpg (32 KB, 680x383)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>114142524
Trinidad bro, you make this board worth visiting. Thank you for sharing your passion.
>>
>>114152190
When he declined they dropped to midtable retard. Emery is a fraud and killed his career.
>his impact on Arsenal was zero
See >>114142524
>>
>>114152525
>"declines" when Alexis Sanchez Giroud and Wenger leave
to me that sounds like he never carried anything at the club
>>
>>114152190
arsenal almost won the league when leicester did, wenger lost them the league...ozil didnt, he was a great player at the time he just had a shit team and wenger the globohomo fraud lied to him about signings
>>
>>114152693
his best shot at the title and he choked it away to tiny Leicester in their second season since promotion
because Wenger didn't buy him a new team?
>>
>>114152865
yes because Ozil is a playmaker/passing player, who is he supposed to make plays with? Giroud and Ramsey? Yaya fucking Sanogo?? a washed up podolski? lol
>>
it's right there on his shirt
>>
>>114152908
did he try?
or did he just drink and get high as always?
>>
>>114153075
he tried but then realized it was futile because Kroenke wouldn't put up the money anyways....realized he was a horse in a green pasture and decided to milk it like anyone would, once he won the WC it wasnt worth an injury

i have no love for him, his mooslem ways, his love of erdogan or whatever but when he was signed by arsenal in 2013 he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team and we all believed that we might actually have a serious team again
>>
>>114143247
based SOCA WARRIOR
>>
>>114153113
i couldn't care less about Erdogan
what i don't like is that since very early in his career he attempted to cast himself as a celebrity rather than a footballer
get into TV ads, posters all over the world, be the face of Mercedes and our national team. he didn't care about the game
it has left a lot of people deluded about his actual ability. yes, he played a nice pass once. so did others, like the Bayern players who tower over him in every way except they don't have 20 million rabid fanboys in asia
>>
>>114150104
>>114150527
>>114152412
Thanks bros. Memes and shitposts are great. But for a player like Özil, who has been continously ostracized by media triffle like ge doesn't run, nuance is needed
>>
File: IMG-20211014-WA0001.jpg (61 KB, 680x479)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>114151681
>>114152202

>Suited to their eras
Right and Özil 2012-2016 was considered the best CAM in the world, before the headless chicken pressing came into play. Does that mean he was any less of a player? No. Simply put managers were so scared of conceding, they put their defenders higher up. Its not Özil's fault. Iniesta would have gotten eaten alive in this era. He got out just in time. Does that diminish his techincal skills? No. As it should for Özil.

>level of quality
If Özil is the topic, its all ways quality. He basically invented the word in the context of football

>KBD and Fernandes

I too love watching 13 crosses from deep right be floated into the box. Marc Albrighton would have banged in this era.

>arsenal wouldn't have conceded 10 on aggregate if he had.
Different Game, it was the 2-0 at the emirates I was referring to.
>>
>>114153749
Ozil wasn't even the best cam at Arsenal.
This guy >>114152865 sort of asked why Ozil didn't win it when Leicester won. Ozil is irrelevant. It's because Santi Cazorla got injured. If you really love football and you really watched Arsenal play during the Ozil period, then I don't see how you can rate Ozil as highly as you do. You've written pages of poetry about Ozil when he was playing with a guy who was far more skilled and impacted matches.

I think you've been tricked by the mystique of Ozil, like he's some hyper-intelligent alien that we've never seen before. No one can take away his vision, he had better vision than perhaps anybody ever, and could pick a pass from behind his head, and those bounce shots he did were incredible; no one else did those. Outside of that, he wasn't special. He couldn't get past his man, he couldn't lead, he wasn't quick or strong, and he very obviously could not even summon the pretension of being able to tackle. We were sold on this idea that Ozil was a special genius, but he was simply a disappointment. Wenger was too obstinate to see that he was losing matches playing Ozil against any kind of tough opposition. You think it's not Ozil's fault for being unable to adapt his game? A great player would make themselves able to at least get on the pitch regardless of the opposition. Probably the worst thing you've said so far is suggesting that Iniesta would not thrive in this era. Iniesta could get himself out of tight spaces. He could play when the opposition were tight and when the opposition left space, Ozil never could.
>>
>>114150200
That Özil fella is an odd duck

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.