[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: soccer.jpg (695 KB, 2000x1262)
695 KB
695 KB JPG
As a beginner can I learn football from playing FIFA? Like become an actual fan that knows tactics, rules, and can watch the game properly from just playing that game and watching real matches? Any other supplementary things I should watch or read or whatever? I'm brand new to this shit
>>
>>113337778
yes desu
>>
playing manager career mode would probably be enough
I would start off by watching highlights first, start liking a team then trying the 90 mins after you're already invested
>>
>>113337778
yeah mate
>>
>>113337778
play FM instead
>>
>>113337778
i never watched soccer before i started playing fifa 20, now i'm basically on par with any other /sp/ user
granted I have a friend who grew up playing soccer and has played fifa for two decades playing with me so i learned a lot of residual knowledge
but yes, everything you need is in FIFA except for handball rules and what actually constitutes a red card
I think the only way to get a straight red in FIFA is to foul the last man (accurate to real life) or to slide tackle someone from 180 degrees behind them while they don't have the ball
99% of the time any serious foul you commit in fifa will just be a yellow

do yourself a favor and avoid ultimate team, the game speed is set to fast so it has unrealistic physics and retarded stats for the players
I only play career mode and seasons with my friend and i have hundreds and hundreds of hours logged

If you play a career mode as a team you'll learn all about them
>>
>>113337980
Thanks for the detailed response. I think I basically understand handball but what's missing about it in FIFA?

Also should I ever mess with the cpu sliders?
>>
>>113337778
Fifa 2005, the end of the golden era of football
Dortmund Champions league run with Klopp, every match was good (they defeated Malaga during that run)

Dont buy modern fifa
>>
>>113337778
You honestly need to read the rules.

https://www.theifab.com/
>>
>>113337778
I started caring about football after I played PES
>>
>>113337778
you kick the ball into the net, that's it
>>
PES is the more realistic simulation
>>
>>113338057
>>113338057
>>113338057
Anybody?
>>
>>113338650
You don't need sliders if you just want to learn the game
You should really just watch some champions league matches
>>
>>113337980
>i never watched soccer before i started playing fifa 20, now i'm basically on par with any other /sp/ user
aka retarded
>>
>>113338057
>>113338650
There is no handball
I think once in 400+ hours I got a foul because my goalkeeper handled the ball outside of the box, but my friend and I were laughing ourselves to death when that happened because we didn't even think that was real in the game

There are sliders that you can adjust to make it more "realistic" but they vary and don't solve the big problems
For example, the biggest issue with current year fifa is that midfielders don't track back to defend properly, you'll see 2 or 3 guys just standing around in your third while 5 attackers overwhelm your defense
Sliders alleviate their positioning so you have more coverage, but they don't change the ai to make them defend any better

Just play without touching the sliders and eventually when you get a grasp on the game you can look up other people's slider configs to adjust anything you think isn't working right
>>
>>113338871
Precisely
>>
>>113337778
Read Inverting The Pyramid.
>>
>>113337778
my professional opinion is ignoring the matches, watching the highlights on leddit and then having an opinion on the match(while being super arrogant about it). That's the tested and true formula
>>
>>113341407
>watching highlights on leddit
too much effort. just search for webms of goals in match threads and make ur opinion based soley on that
>>
Match of the Day is probably the best intro. Fifa is an absolute shitshow. Several rules aren't implemented at all, others aren't properly. Real life tactics play no part and player quality in fifa resembles real life in no way at all.
>>
>>113342820
>others aren't properly
such as?
>>
What he said, watch Match of the day
https://highlightsfootball.net/video/category/match-of-the-day/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.