[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: southgate-england.jpg (59 KB, 1200x667)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>gets us to a World Cup semi-final
>gets us to the Euro final

I'm sorry, but can anyone give me a reason why, without reference to race or rightoid politics, he's not a good manager?
>>
>us
>>
>us
>>
>>113336824
>us
>>
He literally threw away the chance to win a trophy for his country because he wanted to be patted on the head and told he was a good little white boy.
>>
File: 1629754522710.jpg (34 KB, 400x400)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>113336824
>Us
>>
>us
>>
>>113336824
>best players they've ever had
>both wc and euro runs were easy as fuck
>still not even close to winning

lol
>>
File: 20210829_051145.jpg (472 KB, 1533x2048)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>us
>>
>>113336868
>best players they've ever had
"no"
>>
>>113336824
Can you remind me please, which were the subs he did in the euro final and which players missed their penalties in the shootout?
>>
He got us playing absolute shit (we lost three games at world cup 2018 and were outplayed by fucking scotland at wembley) and had the easiest runs imaginable. The guy is the biggest fraud going and looks like Nosferatu and is most likely a nonce
>>
>>113336824
He's like Löw, he wins despite his best efforts to the contrary.
>>
File: ded.png (16 KB, 678x585)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>113336923
>kane
>mount
>sterling
>shaw
>rice
>kalvin phillips
>trippier
>maguire
>stones
>walker
>grealish
>henderson
>bellingham
>still loses
>>
>>113336824
because he's a serial loser
he wouldn't have won that final if it was against Sweden
>>
>>113336981
Löw actually won a world cup. I don't care about your retarded excuses as to why this somehow isn't at least in part his success either. Southgate on the other hand literally never won anything before and probably never will with his mental midget squad. The comparison is stupid.
>>
He either cannot or refuses to adjust his team during a match. Everyone could see Croatia and Italy were getting on top and he just did nothing to change that.
>>
>>113337060
It's called having faith in your players
>>
>>113337015
england had a team where every single player was a key member in a UCL winner team and still managed to be shit
>ashley cole
>terry
>lampard
>gerrard
>rio
>carragher
>neville
>beckham
>rooney
>owen
>scholes
>hargreaves
>>
>>113337088
yeah, and he lost the games
>>
He is a coward. Read >>113324187
>>
>>113337088
fucking hell you're thick
the whole world could see they were being outplayed by italy
mancini sent on substitutes for fresh legs to inluence the game
soufgay being the mong he is just stood there doing fuck all about it

he then during the last minutes of the game sent on three useless pricks for the purpose of taking penalties which they fucked up

the guy won't win anything
>>
>>113336824
>costs you the world cup semi final
>costs you the Euro final
Never forget that it was England losing the final more than Italy winning it
>>
>>113337088
Even if you have nobody on the bench, you can make tactical adjustments
>>
File: 3 stooges.webm (1.6 MB, 650x1020)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB WEBM
>>113336824
>>
>>113337015
>>113337092
That is the FA's coaching department fault. The Germans got their coaching problem that it still served them well when they are not doing very good. England's obsession with former players as coaches is too fickle and is like a cake without its dough.
>>
>>113336824
the reason he's not a good manager is mainly that he weakens the team specifically in order to shoehorn blacks into the squad in order to fit a political narrative which the FA is promoting.
this backfired in the most spectacular possible way in the Euro 2020 final, with billions of people watching.
Also, his England team plays turgid, negative, defensive , boring football.
>>
>>113336824
>most expensive national team in the world
>wins nothing
yes truly the goat

look at him without a team of 50-100m players when he was a club manager and was dogshit

tell me which club would want him if he left england? no premier league team
>>
are we ignoring the absolute dogshit teams we faced on both those runs?

name one team he beat that he wasnt expected to. of course we beat them we had much better teams. the only good team was germany and they arent good their players are awful just they have a big name
>>
>>113337450
Why can't you guys advertised Graham Potter? The dude is the future of English coaching.
>>
>>113337470
>tell me which club would want him if he left england? no premier league team
I'd have him at Newcastle, but >we may not be a PL team for much longer
>>
>>113337525
Southgate won't be sacked, that's why. He basically has that job for life.
>>
>>113337470
to be fair they are the most expensive cause of the brit tax, just look at grealish
>>
>>113337470
i think most mid-bottom table teams would take him
i personally don't think he'd be a good manager in the premier league, but the goodwill a team like crystal palace, everton, newcastle or southampton would get for hiring him would be worth it for them
they would inevitably fire him within a few months, but the hire would be roundly applauded at the time
>>
this fraud has been managing since 2006
heres his 'honours' list. including trophies(kek) and awards

HOLY SHIT HE WAS MANAGER OF THE MONTH IN 2008? WHAT A GOD
>>
>>113336824
What has he won?
>>
>>113336824
>stumbles to the final
>ends up scoring an early goal
>does nothing
>lets italy back into the game
>chiellini ends up playing wingback for the vibes
>does nothing
>players looking exhausted
>does nothing
>keeps players on who he knows aren't taking a penalty
>brings on 2 players at the literal end of the match to take a penalty
>they miss a penalty
i guess he's good at beating the titans of tunisia and ukraine to deep into these tournaments, but in crunch time, in the matches that matter, he lets it slip
>>
File: 01ASV6AU[1].jpg (182 KB, 504x776)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>113337558
He's Palace youth so no doubt he'd repeat what Woy did after he quit the England NT
>>
>>113337470
MK Dons or Derby County with his mate Rooney.
>>
we beat germany
we made it to a final and lost on pens
you'd have to be mentally ill (which of course, on /sp/ that's 1 out of 3 posters) to want the guy sacked now
>>
>>113337667
hi gareth, please can you stop picking niggers over more talented English players? cheers
>>
>>113337647
reckon Southgate would love it at Palace, seems his kind of place
>>
>>113337667
>Have the most cohesive English team since the 90s.
>Fail to develop new tactics
>Bottle a Final by forcing young players into the penalty shootout.
>>
>>113337667
>lost on pens
don't like trying to push the unlucky narrative when he was clearly outmanaged for the preceding of 120 minutes of football. it should never have gotten to penalties if he didn't try to be so aids risk averse and playing shitters like sterling and mount for the entire match after running them into the ground for the whole tournament
and then to bring on 2 players who barely feature the whole tournament for the penalties.. nah we were just unlucky in the pens bro gareth is great
>>
>>113337684
>what is a mistake
>>113337733
>Fail to develop new tactics
like placing rice and philips as two holding midfielders so we don't get gangraped through the channels all tournament
i don't know, what would a random philipino have done? where are you in the fifa rankings right now?
>>113337761
>clearly outmanaged for the preceding of 120 minutes of football
by roberto mancini who's won everything? duh
of course he made mistakes in the final that's why we lost
I have faith in him to the extent where he'll learn his lessons
you people are just sad racist cunts who want to tie football to a political liferaft and send it out into a storm just like the lefty cunts
i don't respect it, it just makes you sound like a cunt
>>
>>113337863
sorry that last bit was meant for>>113337684
point still stands, you sound fucking entitled because we didn't win
it's sounding like you watch man u every week from your london flat
>>
>>113337863
>what is a mistake
southgate managing england
>>
People forget that he has the globohomos breathing down his neck and forcing him to pick the most cancerous possible squad that's even imaginable. Given the circumstances I'd say yeah, he's probably one of the best managers out there.
>>
>>113337911
>we
firstly, i'm not african, so that team has nothing to do with me.
secondly, it's the FA and the media (along with every other institution) that "tied football to a political liferaft" in the first place. I care about the racial demographics of the team because they do.
>>
>>113337863
>>113337911
>of course he made mistakes in the final that's why we lost
>I have faith in him to the extent where he'll learn his lessons
How fucking dumb are you?

Southgate learned NOTHING from Croatia 2018 where the exact same thing of "score early then defend for the rest of the game before embarrassingly losing" happened.
>>
>>113337934
I'm not trying to bait you here, but who would be your candidate right now to take over the England job?
>>
>>113336824
England got to the final because of the players he had at his disposal, not because he’s a good manager.

A half decent manager would have won the Euros with that England team.
>>
>>113337971
>I'm not trying to bait you here, but who would be your candidate right now to take over the England job?
Honestly? A hard man that won't take any nonsense and will show mental midgets the door. Sean Dyche or maybe Steve Cotterill.
>>
>>113338036
you want sean dyche in charge of the greatest attacking team we've had in 20 years
I wasn't going to laugh at you but now i have to
>>
>>113338061
he's no match for the creative, exciting, attacking style of Southgate, admittedly.
>>
>>113336824
>Reaches WC semi-final by getting through Colombia and Sweden. Loses to Croatia that had played 120 minutes twice.
>Reaches the Euro final thanks to playing at home every games but one. Loses to Italia.

England won't get through 1/8 in 2022.
>>
>>113337863
What are friendlies? Friendlies exists so that coaches can test their players and tactics for any given situation. Any incoming coach has a degree of familiarity of what the former coach tactics had done to ease the transition.
>>
>>113338061
Play style is irrelevant. The players get enough nancy boy tiki taka training at their clubs. It's literally all about mentality for a group of talented young players like England's.
>>
>>113337969
it was his first tournament in international management and he made it to the semis with a team nobody thought would do anything
in the game against croatia we lost against the better team
against italy we lost on pens (admittedly partly down to his selection of rashford who should never be in an england shirt again, sancho who is a german farmer, and saka)
we didn't lose in open play, and it wasn't the final stop pretending it's the same situation
>>
>>113338012
This. England has team chemistry in spades. Many of the players finally have playing experience outside of the EPL.
>>
>>113338123
the mentality to finish 15th every year is not the same mentality that wins international tournaments
kick, pie, tackle, more pie, take a shit, kick, more pie won't work with england mate
back to the drawing board
>>
>>113338192
>we didn't lose in open play, and it wasn't the final stop pretending it's the same situation
Don't talk such shit, the games went the same way as I mentioned. England scored an early goal and Southgate did fuck all to capitalise on it.

>>113338232
Ah yes, because Gareth "Relegated with Middlesbrough" Southgate is clearly the far superior choice.
>>
>>113338061
>>113338232
sean dyche is a fantastic manager who has to play a certain style of play to fit the tools he has at his disposal on a shoestring budget to stay in the league. the sad thing about him is that he has been typecast as a knuckle dragger who plays caveman football and probably won't get a shot anywhere else outside of clubs destined for a relegation dogfight
his managerial experience makes a southgate looks like a u21s manager (which he is really). if you flip them around, i don't think southgate could at replicate the success dyche has had with burnley but i'm pretty dyche could replicate what southgate has done because >>113338012
>>113338198
>England got to the final because of the players he had at his disposal, not because he’s a good manager.
i'd trust dyche far more to manage a game than southgate
>>
File: roberto_mancini.jpg (77 KB, 738x462)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>"Ok lads we're pacier than these wogs, just score one and defend"
>Di Lorenzo makes a dumb mistake and England score very early
>Italy in complete disarray, packed Wembley going wild
>"Yeah, 'member the plan lads, just stop pushing forward"
I still can't believe you lost that final
>>
>>113338390
thats what happens when you have a manager that has won the premier league vs one that won nothing
>>
>>113338291
we did fail to capitalise in the croatia game, we were not as negative as you're making out
they had all the posession and most of the shots but we tried our best to get through with an average team and failed
this time we had a much better team and thought that after going ahead so early we tried to shut up shop and not get beaten on the counter
that didn't happen
we got beaten by a scrappy corner goal and then went to pens and lost
it's not the same fucking thing
>>
>>113338390
>Trying to beat Italy at their own game
>>
>>113338425
>this time we had a much better team and thought that after going ahead so early we tried to shut up shop and not get beaten on the counter
Which given Italy were in a complete mess was a complete tactical failure from Southgate and once Mancini made those half-time substitutions, England were never going to win.

>we got beaten by a scrappy corner goal and then went to pens and lost
Stop defending Southgate, he fucking bottled it. England should have been up by multiple goals at the interval.
>>
>>113338390
>a tactically astute footballing country against the muppet soufgay and his poster nig nogs
hmm...yes....i wonder who will win that one
>>
>>113338447
It was the smartest decision desu since our strikers are non existent, but resisting a 30 minutes siege is a thing and resisting a 70 minutes one is another. Sooner or later something will roll in.
>>
>>113338523
>It was the smartest decision
no it really wan't
>>
>>113338483
So what you're saying is we got outmanaged by a very good manager for the entirety of the game? okay I agree
Southgate bottled it yeah I agree he bottled it, but would I change someone who gets us to a final for somebody else?
no would I fuck
case closed see you in 2022
>>
>>113336824
>Constantly takes too long or outright makes no subs when England's greatest weapon should be its depth
>He lost every time he faced a team close to England's level in the World Cup and Euro
>Got dominated by Italy for 50 minutes and did nothing, they score, makes 2 changes that made no sense (Henderson for Rice and Saka for Trippier) and the team gets even worse
>Saved 2 subs for the 120th minute only for them to miss the penalties
>>
>>113338590
>So what you're saying is we got outmanaged by a very good manager for the entirety of the game? okay I agree
That's what people have been saying all along, you thick cunt.

>Southgate bottled it yeah I agree he bottled it, but would I change someone who gets us to a final for somebody else? no would I fuck
This is why England will win nothing in our lifetimes.
>>
>>113336824
>Losing a rigged cup at home
>>
>>113338614
>>113338626
you're both right
op is unbelievably stupid
or he's a faggot
>>
>>113338540
Immobilel is invisible and Belotti an inoffensive outside of his pressing. Barella came to the Euros gassed by Conte, Chiesa showed that he wasn't fit enough to play for 90 minutes, Insigne is strong but predictable and Spinazzola was dead. Defending the result was the right decision, but Southgate was a fool to thing he could go on full bus parking mode already after 30 minutes.
>>
>>113338523
Mancini just realized trying to create the perfect chance for Immobile wasn't gonna work against England's bus so brought in a bunch of le cut inside wingers to hope the bigger volume of half chances would result in a goal somehow directly or indirectly

Southgate only needed to keep the wingbacks forward more often and for longer periods of time really
>>
>>113338706
>Defending the result was the right decision, but Southgate was a fool to thing he could go on full bus parking mode already after 3 minutes.
Fixed.
>>
>>113338626
>That's what people have been saying all along, you thick cunt.
No it isn't. People are suggesting we should sack him. He made a bad error, but it was one involving penalties which unless you are a complete fucking nonce and want to deny reality - is quite a tense and unpredictable situation especially for England. Considering most of our miserable penalty situations over the years have been caused by experienced players missing, his retarded logic might have made sense and had we won you'd be saying we only won because of one strongmind manager.
>this is why England will win nothing in our lifetimes
oi, spic, dunno if you haven't noticed right but England haven't fucking BEEN to a final in our lifetimes
now we have
>>
>>113336824
He just comes off as a huge bitch when he plays with five defenders and two holding midfielders against any semi-decent team
>>
>>113337015
Weird how English players are only ever rated highly as a means of criticising Southgate
I bet you're in every other thread calling them all shit and overrated
>>
>>113336824
>Belgium
>Panama
>Tunisia
>Colombia
>Sweden
>Croatia
>Scotland
>Czechia
>Croatia
>Germany
>Ukraine
>Denmark
>Italy
literally never played against a good team
>>
>>113338815
belgium are good and he lost to them twice at the same tournament lel
>>
>>113338706
That level of micromanagement just to eek out a win is insane. No wonder Mou loves Italian football press conferences.
>>
>>113338768
Let's be real João, we only scored through a lucky rebound, Southgate's mistake was leaving us enough time to get lucky
>>
>>113338784
>No it isn't. People are suggesting we should sack him.
Because he's shit. England SHOULD be Euro 2020 champions. But they aren't because Southgate is braindead.

>He made a bad error, but it was one involving penalties which unless you are a complete fucking nonce and want to deny reality - is quite a tense and unpredictable situation especially for England.
lol imagine being as retarded as you are
southgate lost that game by being a fucking pussy and doing precisely nothing when Mancini changed the game at half time and completely gained the momentum
the penalty substitutions were basically irrelevant at that point

>oi, spic, dunno if you haven't noticed right but England haven't fucking BEEN to a final in our lifetimes. now we have
And you'll never get to another one again.
>>
every single person with any connection whatsoever to crystal palace is a complete cunt
except for Glenn Murray
>>
>>113337338
>>
>>113338873
Despite your Euro win, Italy is still in transition in terms of depth. Your youth breaking through the ranks and maintaining their place in the senior team is still shaky.
>>
>>113338415
To be fair, he almost lost that one
>>
>>113338873
Yes but more half chances = more rebounds, more deflections, more corners, more chances to score a blooter

England's defense is insane but letting a team play in your defensive third for more than 60 minutes is never a good tactic
>>
>>113338999
>american gayboy
how is SF
>>
>>113336824
just don't like him
hahahahaha
nothing personal it's just
I don't like him
that's it
lol
>>
>us
>>
He personally lost you a Euro semifinal. I guess it's just the universe balancing stuff.
>>
>>113337092
This team would have bashed southgate over his head with a champagne bottle if he would have fucked around and subbed them out for some negru
>>
Hello. I came here from /pol/ during the Euros and i never went back. Oy vey!
>>
>>113337092
Tbf in 2006 every team had some sort of golden generation. 2006 WC was GOATed.
>>
>>113339436
Southgate will carry the Three Lions 98 song til his death.
>>
>>113336824
>bring out two pacey ngubus for overtime, not only for penalties
It was this easy
>>
should have won both.

this England squad is superior to Spain 2008-12 and Germany 2014.
>>
>>113336824
>bottled both of those games
shit manager desu
>>
>>113339611
Brazil was absolutely GOAT in 2006. Even the bench was great.
>>
>>113340446
Every team in that WC is either ending their Golden Generation while others are just starting theirs.
>>
>>113336824
Well, both tournaments we went ahead early then sat on it way too much and couldn't hold the lead. So he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
>>
>>113337088
And that didn't work, so your point is worthless.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.