[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why is soccer seen as a girly sport in here in the states? I never once growing up had anyone explain this stance except just saying "soccer is gay" like a mantra. I always liked soccer and actually had to hide my passion for it around my friends. Why is the biggest sport in the world seen this way in the US?

Maybe it's changed by now but in the 90s this was definitely the case.
>>
>>113329495
you guys have a mentality where you have to be a 6'5 giganiga to be considered an athlete over there
>>
>>113329495
It's a good question. I've battled the same shit. Never quite understood why. I think it might have to do with NFL being the top sport, which is a sport that is centered on violent tackles and collisions. When juxtaposed with soccer, I guess the natural inclination would be to call soccer girly in comparison. Ridiculous but I'm just looking for the idea behind it
>>
>>113329535
This is probably also true. It's almost like you are discouraged from sports if you don't look like a roid head. Which is baffling
>>
>>113329495
Just watch it and you'll see. Faggot sport for faggots
>>
>>113329495
It isn't as subsidized by schools/towns like football, baseball, and basketball are. Soccer kids in the US are usually (relatively) well off f*gs because it was one of the more expensive sports. Title IX helped make soccer very popular among women too.

and the juxtaposition with football like he said >>113329574
>>
>>113329495
>kicking a ball around for 90 minutes only to end up in a 0-0 tie most of the time isn’t a fag sport.
Cope
>>113329612
This
>>
Americans are insecure and also defensive of their traditional sports which is understandable.
>>
>>113329622
That's so funny because it's the working class sport everywhere else
>>
>>113329612
The NFL just proclaimed that football is gay and has a few faggots actively playing amidst all the violent felons. What are you talking about?
>>
murricans value strength over skill
>>
>>113329624
Tigers and Brewers are 0-0 after 5 hours of baseball and 11 innings
>>
File: aj_brown_dk_metcalf.jpg (194 KB, 1400x1400)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>113329495
Soccer doesn't have GIGANIGGAS so its a gay girly sport

Real sports have BBC
>>
>>113329622
Soccer is definitely not an inherently expensive sport. Africans and South Americans play it religiously ffs. It's not top down like ice hockey and gridiron.
>>
>>113329644
there was no viable professional league, so any infrastructure beyond a field had to be supported exclusively by the people who were playing it.
>>
File: NFL-Football-is-Gay.jpg (29 KB, 1200x620)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>113329686
>>
>>113329689
Truth is, no sport is expensive per se. Soccer would be expensive if you had to play like the profesionals do.
>>
>>113329495
have you seen MLelS fans? if i were american i'd probably hate football too
>>
>>113329689
I said:
>It isn't as subsidized by schools/towns like football, baseball, and basketball are.
I don't think I implied it's inherently expensive. Poorer kids who play soccer aren't supported like other kid/adolescent athletes. I thought that was clear.
>>113329737
The fans being progressive urbanites is the worst timeline desu
>>
>>113329495
Because of how pathetically soccer players act hurt to draw penalties . It's shameless and disgraceful, completely unmasculine behavior
>>
>>113329737
MLS is fucking whack
>>
>>113329574
Bullies, gridiron bullies mog everyone and you arent allowed to be big in football
>>
>>113329768
That shouldn't make it expensive to play however. You literally just need a field, goal posts and a ball.
>>
>>113329797
most people actually don't give a shit overall about this in countries that enjoy the sport and just mock and belittle the players that do it, like we do in any of our sports
>>
>>113329899
It's not done to nearly the same extent in American sports. It's ingrained into soccer culture to start crying like a baby anytime someone brushes you and that's the main reason people think it's gay. The players don't act like men.
>>
>>113329835
it's not expensive to just play it at the local field, but it was not a widely played sport for a long time. so if better players wanted to play each other outside of the school system, they had to be on travel and club teams -- which they had to pay for in order for the club to sustain itself and to maintain amateur status for any players good enough to go on to college teams.

selling a prospect to a larger club was pretty much not possible for a very long time here, so any academies that existed weren't footing any bills for the kids themselves.
>>
>>113329959
ok
>>
>>113329934
I think some of it is just to take a breather, people don't realize how taxing soccer is.
>>
>>113329835
It isn't the equipment that is expensive. It's the youth club/travel system.
>>
>>113329574
Why are american football fans like this? Most fans are out-of-shape doughboys that played for like 2 years in junior high, if that. You're not manly for being really into a sport.
>>
>>113329495
I follow soccer but it is pretty gay sometimes. Plus Americans have shit attention spans and love watching 6'6 black men
>>
>>113329495
There was one guy in my town who played soccer after he was 12 years old. He was called gay all through high school
>>
Americans just seethe about sports made by the English and try renaming them or avoiding them to make it seem like they are better but they aren’t and the world just kinda ignored them
>>
>>113329653
Football is gay too. Multiple things can be gay. Football. Handegg. You. My hot ass.
>>
File: 1630950821105.png (238 KB, 600x600)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>113329495
Couple reasons
>NFL assumed primacy of top sport in the USA which is a violent, physical, and tactically complex game that intrigues the majority of sports watchers in the USA
>Soccer is at best a 4th choice sport (somewhere around NHL or just below it) which makes it hard to break the big 3 without significant demographic change, boomers will never watch soccer
>Extremely limited exposure to soccer beyond something parents make their little kids play for a few years before they play other sports
>Money, the best athletes don't care for soccer when the traditional route that most people know is going through a college sytems -> pro league whereas in soccer you can go pro as a 16 year old
>Soccer IS an effeminate game and I say this as an avid soccer watcher, the flopping despite what some diehards here try to dismiss IS a serious problem that most Americans are turned off by and as a result stifles any interest in the sport
>>
>>113329495
because you spics suck at povertyball anyway.
>be team USA
>make it past RO16 twice since WC was hosted in Mexico
>be Mexico
>tfw no WC
>never been past RO16 in 40 years
we aren't taking your best and brightest, we're taking your poor and shittiest. the problem is, the poorest and stupidest are you biggest athletic talent pool. the biggest problem to me is mexican fullbacks always do the manlet thing and press the line way too far forward and get butchered by teams with patience who can wait for an opening.
>>
>>113329495
Lmao faggot
>>
Soccer is really big in some cities like atlanta
>>
>>113330683
It's "popular" in like 3 cities, Seattle, Portland, and Atlanta and even then compared to something like NBA or NFL it gets dwarfed

It's struggling to break through in NYC which is ironic considering NYC is the most diverse and international city here
>>
>>113329495
The fact that you had to hide it, shows how contrived and disgusting, many of your fellow Americans are - that they'd bully and/or laugh at you for a sporting preference. It's fucking stupid. Your preference doesn't affect their life, and if they shit on their partners during sex, it doesn't affect your life either, which is why I've always wondered why some people can't just let others be.
>>
>>113330683
All those cities are pozzed
>>
>>113330560
The word "soccer" was your invention. What sports did we try to rename?

We did hijack your spelling rules though.
>>
>>113330470
How would your town have a soccer team if only one guy played it
>>
>>113330704
Image is huge in the US and you lose face in many circles growing up if you like "soccer"

People are fucking apes here especially in small towns where this sort of culture permeates
>>
>>113330743
I think every country in the new world is like that desu. For some reason, new worldeans cant accept people holding different opinions
>>
>>113329689
It's not but it is here. If you have any aspirations at anything you have to play for a private club. A top club 10 years ago had a membership fee of 10k a year in Phoenix, AZ. What that 10k bought you was a uniform and a spot on the team assuming you were good enough. On top of that you were expected to travel to regional and national tournaments at various times of the year which incurred extra costs with hotels, food and shit. Or you could be Mexican, get recruited by a Mexican club and leave at 14-16 with the hope that you'd make it. It's changed a bit now with euro teams taking players too but MLS retards don't understand the concept yet.
>>
>>113329495
>Why is soccer seen as a girly sport in here in the states?
Because grown men writhe around on the ground in faux agony for 45+ seconds after someone actually didn't even touch their ankle. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>113329495
it was usually baseball cope
>>
>>113329630
/thread
>>
American "sports" is about spectating and memorising the physical stats of black men
most of the Americans calling soccer gay are fat retards that have never played sport in their life, Americans don't actually see sport as something to take part in or do for fun
>>
>>113330100
>. You're not manly for being really into a sport.
its not exclusive to sports tho
a certain set of the population identifies strongly with symbolism to represent themselves in a way that makes them feel good (or maybe everyone has their own personal copes but not all are obvious cringe)
why people like the tough talking politician who doesn't benefit them, why they are proud to be from a tough city whether it is crime or bluecollar industry when they are not involved in either
when gangster rap was popular
usually we can't see our own personal copes but if someone annoys you then you can see it in them.
>>
>>113330634
it's not an effeminate sport though, just because the players aren't 200kg roided out gorillas doesn't make it a feminine sport

watching top soccer players battling it out at full sprint down the wing, or watching a centreback duke it out with a big number 9 can be top entertainment. you're just used to having your broadcasters rave about how big and roided out Janequious is and how hard he can bash his head into another man's head
>>
>>113330560
soccer is old english slang for association football, as there are multiple types of football.
some old people in canada call rugby rugger
>>
How to fix soccer:
>games are 60 mins
>shot clock
now it's watchable and not people running around for 90 mins with 5 mins action
>>
Because if you have a bigger stature you're automatically playing other sports. Sports that don't writhe around on the ground faking injuries like you've just taken sniper fire at the slightest hint of contact.

inb4 basketball. Yeah, LeBronze and Co. do it now too, and guess which sport they also like.
>>
>>113331607
...you do realise that a 60 min time limit + shot clock would result in EXACTLY the same game that we have now, right?

The ball is already in play approx 60 of the 90 minutes. So your proposals would literally change nothing about the game. Well done Dukwan
>>
>>113331672
Shot clock + no offsides would make some kino football though you have to admit
>>
>>113329495
Handegg implies no technique, just running fast and being tough enough.
Why amerimutts like it do much, it's z sport for brainlets.
>>
>>113331650
I don't need to guess, they've already told us all which sport is their #2
>>
>>113331672
Make it 30 mins, anything shorter than 90. Also teams have to shoot it you fucking retard. No dribbling around we don't fucking care about that. You fucking retard. This is why people hate soccer and it's faggot fans
>>
you will not like soccer regardless, but maybe you will understand more:
performance of pain is more common cultural practice in other parts of the world
diving outright is looked down upon - if it is done well, a team's fans might approve but everyone else hates it, if it is done poorly a teams fans also hate the guy.
some cultures- even really prideful ones, do not see being deceitful in your pain to be a shameful thing if it is for the benefit of your team.
there are pros and cons to doing this.
there are lots of borderline hits that might not cause a player to fall - it is generally ignored by the referee but it was strong enough to make you lose your scoring chance - but if the player is knocked over it needs a judgement (there are ways a player can be knocked over that are legal).
it is not the same as a flat out dive where no one touched the player, that is usually they dont have a real chance and are desperate. but sometimes people dive expecting to get hit and they never get hit so just look silly yet they avoided getting drop kicked in the leg.
if a player is exaggerating fouls or diving - it can have some pro and con effects depending how it is performed.
it can influence the referee's perception of what is going on for good or bad - he thinks the other team is being too physical and fouling, or he thinks you are faking everything and then will let real stuff slide because it didnt seem genuine before.
it can influence how a defender plays - they might be extra cautious if someone is prone to flopping. or they might get angry and think they will do a real foul and make it worth it if they are getting called anyway - this risks them getting carded, a yellowcard is a handicap because sometimes you need to do things like a tactical foul to prevent a transition breakout of a turnover or need to take someone out to prevent a good scoring chance - but then they would get a second yellow and the whole team is handicapped.

there are more reasons why
>>
>>113329934
The sport itself may be less masculine than rugby but the entire environment around football is (or used to be) pure tribalistic masculinity warfare.
As for American football, everytime I look at the environment around it, it looks more like a high school Disney music festival.
>>
Soccer is as much of a contact sport as ice hockey trying desperately hard to be non contact. And it doesn’t really work, all the traditional versions of the sport were contact and other codes still are.

Ice hockey is basically the ultimate goal scoring game to watch anyway, when you watch the sports back to back you realise how slow and tedious soccer actually is in comparison.
>>
some entertaining nfl flops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1n7Gcyxcu0
>>
>>113329574
American football athletes dress like gay power rangers with their tight pants, helmets and stuff like that.
Rugby is the real masculine sport.
>>
>>113331783
>but the entire environment around football is (or used to be) pure tribalistic masculinity warfare.

Lol, even if that were true (it isn't) the sport itself isn't an honorable contact sport when the meta is to flop for penalties. It's a game of technique, not physical attributes.
>>
If there aren't 7'0" niggers headbutting themselves, it's not manly enough for americans.
>>
>>113331840
It's a legacy of buck breaking
>>
>>113331848
This is the worst "meme" I've ever seen.
>>
>>113331857
>t. broken buck
>>
flopping around in "pain" is one of the few defense mechanisms attacking players have, they would be gooned into oblivion if not. there are a few attackers who are strong who dish out as much as they get, but that is rare usually it is light footed guys. but generally there is not too many chances to do a dirty tackle to the defensive players as they try not to carry the ball into an area under pressure.
there are sometimes players that have "enforcer" lite roles, but if you do anything too blatant then your team is probably going to lose the game once someone is sent off but they are usually midfielders battling each other. not forward vs defender.
it is usually the fastest players or the dirtiest players that are most likely to dribble.
there are guys who play tough - tackle hard, take their lumps like a man, and play honorably, but they are notable exceptions - like Puyol, and given the culture - everyone takes part in the dark arts now and again - some do it because they are retarded teenagers and grow out of it, some do it because they are old men trying to keep up.
>>
>>113331867
It's just terrible and gay.
>>
>>113331720
>Make it 30 mins, anything shorter than 90.
Americans truly have the attention span of a gold fish
>>
>>113331812
It is true.
You’re so clueless.

And yes, it’s also about physical attributes. Just different ones from American football. American football athletes wouldn’t last a game of football. They’d start spitting their lungs out after 15 minutes of running. Those niggabois with giga roíds would get owned all the time if they were football athletes.
For God’s sake, American football literally has obese athletes. That’s your example of masculinity? Lel.
>>
>>113331925
Yeah dude some guy flopping around like a dead fish every 5 minutes, a real battle on the field for sure

This is why Americans don't take the sport serious
>>
>>113329676
Baseball is also gay and there's a reason nobody watches it or cares about it anymore unless they're gambling.
>>
>>113331971
>And no one takes American football outside of the US.

Didn't ask nor do we care, this thread is about why Americans don't like soccer, you're just assblated we think it's gay as fuck but what did you expect coming into this thread and whining about it?

Go watch your manlets flop some more, lol
>>
>>113331947 #
And no one takes American football seriously outside of the US. Imagine only playing for like 11 minutes in 3h and calling that a sport.
>>
Lmao now he's just spamming, again, this is why we don't take your sport serious.
>>
>>113331974
It’s irrelevant if you care or not.
It will be forced down your throat and you will take it whether you like it or not.

I’m not ass blasted, I just think it’s hilarious that you call a sport that has obese athletes the peak of masculinity. Lol.

Yeah, I will. And you go and play obeseball. Don’t forget the tight pants.
>>
>>113331986
You WILL be forced to like it and there’s nothing you can do about it, fat boi.
>>
>>113331996
Don't care, Americans think the sport is gay and effeminate, it isn't a warrior culture sport nor a contact sport in the same vein as Football or Hockey so we simply do not care, and the dishonorable aspect that dominates the game (flopping) is a major, major turn off for any American viewer.

Soccer is a girl sport here for a reason lol
>>
>>113329644
I dont see how thats necessarily sports related
If an activity lets say X is popular in a society then a small part of that society will avoid it because "its for plebs"
In North America it's soccer, here it's Rugby or Tennis
>>
>>113329535
Not really, the NFL doesn't have big guys(5'10-6'2 is not big)and no one consider the NBA lankets actual athletes.
>>
>>113332012
>it isn't a warrior culture sport
Try going to some away games in Europe or South America. You’d shit your pants.
Every nigger in the US would cry like a bitch in those environments.
>>
>>113332012
If you want contact sports there’s rugby.
Actual man sport with proper contact. Not some faggy protections.

There’s a reason obeseball is only popular in America.
>>
>>113332049
Yeah man a bunch of people yelling woohoo, no one cares about some third world stadium filled with impoverished third worlders dude get real lmfao

The sport itself is a girly product with 5'7" Iberians flopping around while jogging/walking for 90 minutes
>>
Idk why people keep playing gridiron professionally after the CTE scandal. They’re basically consenting to become functional retards later on in life
>>
>>113332055
Don't care, it's the traditional American sport why else would it be popular anywhere else lol, it's important here that's all that matters

No one cares about soccer and we're defensive about our traditional sports as a result not sure why this makes you cry so hard kinda hilarious
>>
>>113332076
Because you can make an insane amount of money doing it so they wager it's worth it, the issue is that stuff is relatively new and you can already see a lot of zoomer athletes picking different sports, even soccer, over football because of what you just mentioned

If you're Da'kwan from the hood with godtier genetics and zero education you're going to play football and chase the money
>>
>>113332061
>no one cares
The cope of this idiot.

>manlet iberians
They consistently own ngubus.
Cope harder.
>>
>>113329495
In Southern California where I grew up it was popular. I think due to the large number of Latino/Hispanics and the reasonable year round weather.

Also my dad was supposed to have a career overseas, But sadly had his ankle absolutely shattered, and was deployed to the Army after it healed, and never pursued the game afterwards as a profession. His passion for the game always clouded my judgement and his skills were beautiful. He took me to all the local futsol spots as a kid and I played travel soccer through High School until my knee tendonitis became severely painful. I was never gonna be good enough for even a scholarship, but I loved the game a lot. I still do, and it warms me that younger players are starting to have more and more success overseas. Hopefully this creates a popularity spike.
>>
>>113332097
Literally no one cares, you're the one freaking out and crying non-stop because Americans simply do not care about a girl sport like soccer lol
>>
>>113332012
By that logic NBA is too
> Flopping
> Basically absolutely no contact for defensive players and when they do is instantly a foul
> Endless travel
> Defensive players let dunker dunk on them cause they are too scare that they will get a foul if they try to intervene in the path of someone who is dunking
>>
>>113332125
NBA is a shit sport especially nowadays you wont' get any argument from me otherwise
>>
>>113332094
But NFL doesn't have the best of the best. I have watched NFL and it is simply is too boring. Almost 1000% of the game is carry by the QB and WR almost all players are disposable assets to the game and serve no purpose. The only reason why it's big is because of blacks and whites which make up a majority of the population. There really is no difference in skill level between college level and NFL level football, you don't need much skill just run a bit fast and learn to take a hit. Doesn't even require good genetics for some positions.
>>
>>113332153
>There really is no difference in skill level between college level and NFL level football,

Are you trolling?
>>
>>113332153
an allstar college team of the very best players across the nation would get absolutely murdered by the worst ranked NFL team
>>
File: ezgif-1-b1c6b8131576.gif (3.97 MB, 422x237)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB GIF
>>113329495
Everyone see this scene and say "soccer is faggot sport"
But when I actually played soccer and my leg hit the another player's, my reaction was same as Neymar.
Imagine how much it hurts if something hits your leg while you're sprinting.
>>
>>113332200
neymar is quite possibly the worst example you could use toshi
>>
>>113332153
It’s okay man, just admit “I don’t get it”and move on. American Football is the great sport of our lifetime. The combat…The strategy/playcall…the world class athleticism….LESS THAN 20 GAMES A YEAR (due to the brutality of the game.) The weight each game is so heightened during the regular season, might as well always be playoff time. Also nothing beats a good tailgate
>>
>>113332211
it's also the ultimate betting sport, up there with MMA due to the nature of how the game progresses
every week every team has a shot
>>
>>113332200
>>113332207
Doesn’t this have a lot to do with the diminishing size of shin guards?? Protect yourself before you wreck yourself. Wear leg condoms
>>
>>113332153
Defensive playera are of the same importance, if not more than the QB and WR.
Defensive players absolutely need to have high iq and read the game of the other team qb, so even if what they have seen on film and trained during the week deviates on the game day, they can still adjust and defend.
>>
>>113332211
>the world class athleticism
Lel.
Most of those “athletes” are literally only athletes because they play a niche sport.
This might sound weird to you, but being a super tall super fat or super muscular gorilla doesn’t transfer very well into other sports.
>>
>>113332262
NFL players are top tier athletes and our sports science is bleeding edge with even the biggest European soccer clubs constantly playing catch up
>>
>>113332262
>doesn’t transfer very well into other sports

Why would it...? They play NFL their bodies are shaped for their positions
>>
>>113332278
KEK
That’s why koke Bryant or whatever his name was (the one that died in the helicopter accident) had to go to Germany to treat his knee injury.
>>
why is this portuguese anon so obsessed with nfl and crying so hard give it a rest dude jesus christ lol
>>
>>113332281
Exactly. But you can’t call a guy that has only 1 or 2 qualities “athletic”.
>>
>>113332287
>PRP injection
>sports science

I know you're ESL but keep up

>>113332294
Except you can...? Depending on the position everything from fast twitch, height, speed, and endurance all play a part of it just like any other sport, keep crying and obsessing over our sport though :)
>>
>>113332290
It’s a thread and people comment on it. Go to cuckbook if you don’t like it.
Plus, I love watching Americans slowly accepting that they WILL watch football.
The more third worlders you import, the more popular football will become in your country.
>>
>>113332320
there's literally 40 posts of you crying on cool down about the nfl seek help LOL
>>
>>113332304
What position requires you to be an obese elephant?
A sport that allows fat people isn’t a sport.
>>
>>113332326
The fattest defensive lineman is faster than 99% of soccer players, genetics is a peach
>>
>>113332321
I WILL continue commenting here trashing your retarded sport and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
>>
>>113332320
You can watch both, you know that right? I used to be like you, but then i gave NFL a try, and i can understand why americans go crazy over it.
>>
>>113332332
>there is NOTHING you can do about it.

except I can filter your flag since you won't stop seething and sobbing about our superior sport lol

sorry the rest of portugal but you're filtered
>>
>>113332328
Ahahahhahahahahahahah.
And has more endurance also, right?
>>
>>113332339
BAHAHHAHAHA the state of this cuck
>>
>filter Portugal
>half the thread disappears

Kek
>>
>>113332335
I could also eat shit and food at the same time but I’d rather stick with food
>>
>>113332340
Are you surprised different sports prioritize different qualities?

Do you think wrestling/sumo aren't sport?
>>
>>113332366
Just filter him desu he's just here to shitpost
He probably thinks hockey players are supposed to be 5'7" Iberians who can jog for 90 minutes
>>
>>113332335
>>113332340
>>113332350
What exactly is Portugal again? Isn’t that where the 2nd best Ronaldo is from? Because I swear every former “Futbol” player picks Brazilian Ronaldo >> Portuguese Ronaldo.

>fat = world class body sculpting
I think you might need to take an Anatomy class, bud
>>
>>113329495
what the fuck do americans play during outside breaks in school? or do u just sit and eat?
>>
>>113332405
Kickball, basketball were the two most popular when I was a kid, then touch football in middle school
>>
>>113332409
okay, in my school it was mainly football and there was like 2 shitty baskets without nets and the ground was just sand so it was basicly impossible to play, football is nice cause you only need a ball and 2 objects to make a goal to be able to play it
had good memories of breaking school window by kicking the ball into it and breaking nerd classmates glasses by kicking the ball into her face
>>
>>113332496
I went to nice schools so we have both fields and actual basketball courts to play on but we mainly stuck to touch football, kickball, and basketball
I don't recall ever playing soccer now that I think about it
>>
That Euro-Mexican sure did quiet down quickly…
>>
>>113332405
In my elementary school (ages 6-11), kids played basketball, (outside) soccer, and wallball during recess. (losers and girls on the playground)

Middle school and high school PE classes had American touch football, indoor soccer, tennis/net sports, frisbee, baseball, indoor hockey, swimming, weightlifting, and a few other meme sports like pickleball. I lived in a middle class community though, poorer communities probably only played basketball and flag football.

You have to remember American public schools are funded in a very retarded way (through district property taxes) so it can be hard to generalize even in one city/county/state.
>>
>>113332547
>wallball

Holy shit I forgot about that, that was definitely one of the more kino sports of elementary school
>>
funny how the post is about América but canadians cant stop responding
>>
File: 1631128431142.jpg (336 KB, 1024x768)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>113332503
I wish we had them too because I was more into basketball than soccer, I googled my old elementary school and now there's 2 whole basketball fields, some tire track and cable slider in the woods, I hope kids actually use them instead of being on phone 24/7.

>picrel
We used those shelter entrances as goals for soccer and it worked well enough
>>
>>113332576
Canadiens are basically the inbred offspring of American pride and French passion. It all perfectly encompasses what it means to be an Incel.
>>
>>113332340
He’s just baiting you Joao. We all know running for 15 seconds, getting a concussion, and then stopping play isn’t peak athleticism
>>
>>113332018
is tennis considered for plebs in Romania? here it is a rich people sport
>>
>>113332278
> Watch football
> Constantly players reposition themselves plays don't even last long
It is a very niche sports that 1000% relies on a good QB and a decent WR that is bound to get tackle the second he catches the ball.
>>
>>113332162
>>113332193
Source plz source. You guys babble on about some non existence skill level there is no skill gap.
>>
>>113329495
Because of diving and theatrics
>>
because your women and your effeminate men and hipsters jumped onto the soccer train. you can't just tell your women and your effeminates to stop liking it so then you can take over as the dominant fanbase. so the gay meme sticks.
>>
>>113329495
>roided jocks collide - muh top athleticism
>lean guys of all sizes wearing short shorts - goddamn nancy-boys
America is fat and has capeshit-tier level of understanding of physical activities. Anyone who played football at any decent competitve level heard bones clacking against each other every other match. Plus American women's football is heavily marketed as some sort of significant achievement there, so the masses can feel good about themselves viewing it as primarly women's sport.
>>
>>113332734
It’s games within the game. Without the lineman game the QB WR game can’t functionz
>>
>>113329495
It's kinda like how in Europe two guys can go out to eat no problem but when I go out to eat with my friend al I can think about is that we look like fags. It's a serious complex here in the states.
>>
>>113330740
Old foreign guys played it, he was the only young guy.
>>
I think it's fine that they think like this. I don't want Americans in my football
>>
>>113332654
you fucking idiot
people who play tennis think football is for plebs
any popular sport has this effect: snobs who want to distance themselves from popular stuff
>>
sums it up
>>
File: 1437623660087.webm (1.39 MB, 568x320)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB WEBM
>>113331744
>>113331874
writes a fucking essay about why he supports diving

pathetic
>>
>>113329495
>Be USA
>Be bad at the most played and popular sport of the world
>See third worlders dominate you everytime
>Seethe
>Yeah 'soccer' Is totally gay

That's why you rely on sports that pretty much the rest of the world dont give a fuck
>>
soccer will always be gay
>>
>>113334825
Do you guys actually enjoy baseball?
>>
>>113329655
hockey has both
>>
>>113331783
>raiders cholos with face tattoos is a Disney musical thing
>>
>>113329495
because its a cope. Handegg is mostly played by women and girls in Europe, because they get to dress up. So mutts started to call football a girls sport to get back at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ippt6AImzSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHRa5bsRv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFwSaJk5YAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_S-ZcxqQ_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnME5_b_vk0
>>
>>113329612

Nothing says manliness like needing to have five separate teams per team because you're too fucking shit to stand up for more than five minutes in a row and need to take actual ad breaks from plays because you're poverty-struck.
>>
>>113332278
Nothing about US demographics suggest it is bleeding edge in anything.
>>
>>113335392
Not anymore we don’t
>>
>>113335571
One sport is CTE ball where you battle though pain and toughness through to the very end.

The other one is filled with sissy brown guys who are both shorter and physically weaker than the common man, playing quite possibly the softest team sport on the face of the earth.Rolling around pretending their injured
>>
I think american football is an entertaining sport, and I would like to try playing it. I like playing basketball, but watching it is kinda meh. I like playing and watching ice hockey. I like watching and playing football. In USA, football is probably growing slowly, but not that big yet. American football is their sport that they play from kids, just like football is here. That is why majority of them don't care about football, and majority of us don't care about american football. Goddamn why tf this argument keeps happening every fuckin week or day or something

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.