[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are modern day oil clubs like Chelsea, Man City and PSG really any less soulless than historical teams backed by big money like late '80s AC Milan or early '00s Real Madrid?
>>
No.
>>
>>108108467
Older teams were normally bankrolled by a local who liked the club so I'd say yes
>>
All clubs are like that, no one will give a fuck in the future
>>
No real difference between Abrahamovic buying Chelsea so he could protect himself against Putin/the UAE royal family buying Man City as a way to get political influence in Europe and Napoli being a Mafia front to launder drug money in the 1980s.
>>
local rich man good
foreign rich man bad
>>
>>108108633
this but unironically
>>
yes
>>
>>108108633
Exactly
>>
>Real Madrid
>Backed by big money
Huh... I guess standard contracts with Adidas and Spanish media conglomerates are something else...
>>
>>108108467
Milan was still handicapped by the 3 foreigner rule in the 80s and early 90s.

>>108108633
>>108108697
Have to agree with this too, unironically.
Foreign owners just don't feel the same.
>>
>>108109118
Literally got money from the Spanish Government/National Banks. Don't pretend here now.
>>
>>108108633
A local fan bringing glory to his team is clearly more soulful than a foreign billionaire wanting a new plaything
>>
How is being owned by Bunga Berlusconi not peak SOVL?
>>
File: berlusconi_milan.jpg (35 KB, 548x345)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>108109252
Attacare!
>>
File: EaEf3xiXgAEaPFp.jpg (131 KB, 1200x800)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>108109252
Bunga bunga might be back on the menu next season if Monza keep up their form
>>
>>108108467
Back then, owning a local football team or something like that was the modern version of having a supermodel girlfriend. Something that was exclusively yours for you to show off, something everyone wanted a piece of. Back in the day women weren’t allowed to be such attention whores, rich men used their sports team for that and kept their women very much to themselves.

Now a days, attention seeking social media superstars are the showpiece in a moguls crown, and the sports clubs are used as a money laundering exercise.

So yes, it used to unironically be very different even though the same caliber of men owned the clubs. The reasons they own clubs has changed forever.
>>
>>108109397
Uhh there always was money laundering in football. Unless you believe Agnelli Family did no such thing with Juventus for like 80 years.
>>
>>108108467
Yes because Real Madrid belonged and STILL belongs to the socios (not even 50+1 meme shit) and AC Milan belonged to Berlusconi and Arrigo Sachi, and it was all italian minus 3 or 4 players. And both were carried and supported by spanish and italians mostly, plus the international fanbase, but that was secondary.

In the other hand, Shitty, PSG and etc belong to Sheiks, consist of belgians and ngubus, and are carried and supported primarily by pakis and burgers, and secondarily by Liam Gallagher and four other monkeys in the pub.
>>
File: berlusconiMoratti.jpg (7 KB, 254x198)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
It's not even a debate. Modern wealthy owners just want to mimic the likes of Berlusconi and Moratti.
>>
I saw Berlusconi from a near distance in 2018 and I got so scared I had to go to the salivanje strave.
>>
>>108109397
Criminals owning clubs to launder money through isn't anything new. Napoli only got good in the '80s because of the Camorra using them to launder drug money.
>>
File: 1597934230342.png (52 KB, 194x267)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>108108511
>pumping the club with money is fine as long as theyre local
>>
>>108109163

Not a handicap when the 3 foreigners are Rijkaard, Gullit and Van Basten lmao
>>
>>108108467
What an idiotic question

>>108111219
/thread
>>
>>108108467
no.

I think with PSG and City what put people off is that it's essentially states funding them.
>>
>>108111558
It literally is.
>>
>>108111558
Yes a local fan putting money into the club they support is obviously different to a foreign billionaire spending money on a club they're using as a fashion accessory
>>
What we need is more corrupt Italian politicians bankrolling Serie A clubs
>>
File: images (54).jpg (22 KB, 323x499)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>108108467
>Are modern day oil clubs like Chelsea, Man City and PSG really any less soulless than historical teams backed by big money like late '80s AC Milan or early '00s Real Madrid?
Its exactly the same

The only thing Euros are mad about is that their locals are no longer rich enough to compete now that their ill gotten colonial wealth has run out

They're mad because legitimately rich Americans, Russians and Asians dwarf their petty local son of an ex colonial looter

Its symbolic of the overall decline of Europe in pretty much everything. Europe is done, finished and even their football clubs are a sad reflection of their declined status

Theres absolutely no difference in Berlusconi or Perez buying the 3 best players in the world to get a competitive edge over a club like Steau Bucharest and Man City doing the same

It's the classic white supremacist dilemma. Black people are "objectively" worse because of "muh stats" but when "muh stats" shows Jews to be much better than whites it becomes "totally not the same thing ok?" And some sinister conspiracy
>>
>>108111558
yes it is
>>
>>108112337
>Pajeet customer unable to understand local fans
Imagine my shock
>>
>>108112364
> " Its ok for a billionaire to rule the club and steadily price out the locals, and all the problems in modern football I otherwise complain about, even ESL (like Levy) so long as he's LOCAL because speaking the same language means me and him are EXACTLY the same"
>>
Full pants on a goaltender is SOVL
>>
>>108112721
Levy isn't local or a Tottenham fan so yes he's part of the problem too. Milan and the other examples used in this tread are of local fans putting money into the club they support.
>>
>>108111981
>using a club as a fashion accessory
holy fuck is this ever true
>>
>>108112721
Based CPI (M) dabbing on the anglo
>>
Why do Germans hate Hoffenheim and Hopp then?
>>
>>108112855
>Levy isn't local or a Tottenham fan so yes he's part of the problem too.

"Levy was born in Essex and is of Jewish origins. His father Barry Levy was the owner of a clothing retail business Mr Byrite (later rebranded as Blue Inc).[3] He is a lifelong Tottenham Hotspur supporter, and attended his first match at White Hart Lane against QPR in the 1960s"

Lol the nativist retards have gone full circle and started defending ESL now in a desperate attempt to say "locals good m'kay?"
>>
There's of course absolutely no difference between what Berlusconi was doing back then and what City are doing now, right down to using mixing football politics with state politics

The racists dont want to say it but it just boils down to "we want a billionaire who's born in the same imaginary geographical space someone drew on a map as me"

Newsflash you dont get a vote on how local billionaires run the club, you dont elect them and you dont vote them out.

You basically dont get a say in any system, including "more than a club" Barcelona and "50+1" Bayern

Go on, ask the locally owned Barcelona fans why THEY fucked up so badly with transfers

After all THEY have full power and responsibility dont they?
>>
>>108108467
Young Maldini is a cursed sight
>>
>>108115437
Foreign ownership of nationally important cultural assets like football clubs is not a good thing. It should be regulated against. If India decided to ban foreigners from owning cricket teams I wouldn't blame them at all.
>>
>>108108633
Ding ding ding ding
>>
>>108111577
I think there was another one, but I can't remember. Anyway if you have Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkard it's ok to forget about whoever else is there.

Also the next Milan, with Boban, Savicevic and Desailly.
>>
>>108111558
Yes? Becoming a successful businessman supporting and supporting your local club is pretty much the meaning of life.
>>
>>108109163
>Milan was still handicapped by the 3 foreigner rule in the 80s and early 90s.
This is the key, same for 80s Liverpool, Ajax etc
>>
>3 foreigner rule
We have to go back.
>>
>>108116163
Literally not a single chance.
>>
>>108116264
Hey Ivan, what do average Russians think of kikes like Abramovich? Canada is getting pumped full of Russian Jews for some reason and they’re even more unpleasant to be around than niggers and pajeets.
>>
>>108116297
Most of average Russians hate him and other oligarchs for 'selling out the country'. People don't really care if some oligarch is a kike but if he actually is then the seethe doubles if not triples.
>>
>>108108633
Absolutely
>>
>>108109163
>tha albanian milanista
Milan was injected with Berlusconi/Gadafi money
Stfu
>>
old money good
new money bad
>>
>>108108633
More like foreign governments bad
How is any club suppose to compete with football clubs owned by sovereign nations?
>>
>>108116807
>Gadafi money
Gaddafi preferred Juventus iirc
>>
>>108112364
He's right though
>>
File: WA203648.jpg (36 KB, 615x409)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
We all long back to the time when clubs were owned by used car salesmen and horse traders who ran the clubs on debt.
These damn sheiks and their lack of wanting to milk the club for money just aren't what football is all about.
>>
>>108112337
Jews are the only whites allowed to act like the Nazis and look at what they achieve. Patriarchal, strong society where women is submissive, obeys and churns out sons and the authority of the man is NOT NEGOTIABLE.
>>
>>108108467
In defense of PSG, they were always one of the top dogs of France
>>
File: D_xiK1vUIAA_s8d.jpg_large.jpg (308 KB, 2048x1536)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>108115437
>who's born in the same imaginary geographical space someone drew on a map as me
>>
>>108115216
Forgot Tottenham moved to Essex
>>
>>108115437
>The racists dont want to say it but it just boils down to "we want a billionaire who's born in the same imaginary geographical space someone drew on a map as me"
We say that all the time.
>>
>>108109397
if u want cameras and are rich you’ll get cameras. Mark Cuban still exists Jeanie Buss picked up right where her dad left off as the eccentric sex maniac owner of the Los Angeles Lakers. And it’s not like even in the 19th century New York and London weren’t full of rich men looking for photogenic women
>>
>>108108467
Are you really a soccer watching faggot?
>>
>>108108633
unironically yes, atleast the local billionare gives a shit about football culture and doesnt want to whitewash his sharia law country
>>
>>108108467
yes. man city and PSG are owned and financially backed by nations (kingdoms) qatar and UAE. those clubs are basically PR tools for soft power acquisition. this can be evidenced by how many dullards on this board will defend them.

chelsea is similar to the older examples you mentioned because it's an independent billionaire owner who seems more interested in improving the club and maybe selling when it's hit a certain valuation.
>>
>>108124828
>this can be evidenced by how many dullards on this board will defend them.
>paris urban area has 12 million people
>why are they supporting their team reeeee they must be arab puppets

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.