[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do I fix this? At 26 I feel melted compared to 16-19 when I was playing games and generally doing more things and not disassociated.
My health is infinitely better, I am not anorexic, I look younger, but I'm more weathered. Wise but my processing speed feels neutered. Whether this was atrophy from a period of my life where I was literally locked in a room or from smoking weed from 16-23 (far less after 21) I don't know. I need some far transferring memory gains
>>
It was the weed. Go on and inject a bunch of cerebrolysin, pinealon, etc. and engage in highly stimulating intellectual activities. Might as well be productive then too and study something that may help you in the future. Don't turn into one of those retards "grinding" psychometric tests.
>>
>>15149631
you don't care as much anymore.
take dopamine agonists
bromocriptine is fine

if antipsychotics fuck your memory and function by antagonising as many general receptors as it can. the opposite must be true, yes?
>>
>>15149704
>bromocriptine
kek
>>
>>15149704
Direct dopamine agonists don't work the same as indirect dopamine agonists wven they both stimulate dopamine.
>>15149631
Weed caused the decline
>>
>>15149684
And where would I source either those substances or the protocols?
>>15149704
True, I don't care, but the world getting sanitized is largely to blame for that.
>>15149794
I suspected this but it's not so clear cut given a few thing going on at the time and my environment during then. And I really only started to notice it after I had greatly reduced. Whether it was or not and assuming it was in the worst case scenario, reversing it is my priority.
I am already trying to do stimulating things that should strengthen the hippocampus but if far transfer doesn't exist, then.... no choice but to master everything?
>>
>>15149631
all of my results are normal but my verbal memory is 99.999th percentile (i get 150+ consistently) but i cant take the test more than three times or my verbal memory gets words mixed up from previous tests. what does a very high verbal memory mean? what kind of practical skill would i be good at?
>>
I am very similar to you, started getting depressed at 16, stopped doing activities, smoked weed, spent all day on my phone for years.. I came out of that with a form of TBI, I’m pretty sure because my cognition is destroyed.

The brain is really weird in terms of malleability, maybe if you started copying what routine you practiced before age 16 combined with cognitive ailments like meditation, diet, aerobic exercise, and lions mane then you get out of this after a while.
>>
File: wordcel.png (61 KB, 854x560)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>15149920
>what does a very high verbal memory mean? what kind of practical skill would i be good at?
Law, maybe? Anyway here's mine.
>>
>>15149631
You forgot to post a link to the test, you fucking ugly retard.
>>
File: 91 iq (low).png (108 KB, 618x450)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>15149631
you also have low IQ and you absolutely love talking about yourself on social media. good candidate for gender transition
>>
>>15150042
mean
>>
>>15149861
>not so clear cut
Assuming your problems stem from poor planning/organization/impulsiveness (frontal lobe) or low motivation/poor decision making/working memory (basal gangalia) then sympathetic amines like amphetamine, do help and are able to reach there and stimulate it unlike other 99% of drugs (that's how I realized my adhd, constant hunger or times when I'm in severe pain can only be managed through adhd meds and opiates; in past partially dxm) - direct dopaminergic drugs only stimulate receptors which aren't so evenly spread out and thus miss out on some places more than needed (main reason why they can cause stuff like binge eating or immense nausea and subsequent vomiting)
>strengethen the hippocampus
If the problems stem from substance abuse then abstinence and working against grain is the best you can do (don't recall any replacement option for weed like methadone for heroin use for example) since the damage may already be done. If it's the depression or other mental issues then you have to keep trying and find out what works for you, it's all individual. If nothing works then sui is always an options
>>
>>15150281
I understand
>>
File: nvm im good.png (128 KB, 1170x1304)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>15150042
oh i guess im fine nevermind my memory still feels like like shit but maybe it's because my focus is shot too.
>>15150281
I was going to just go overdrive on brain training, juggling and then pick up intense routines and study something
>>
>>15150579
Weed only affects short term memory, though this has carry on effects on longer term memory. It's reversible.

Damage from trauma is more difficult. Shrooms are good for neuroplasticity. No idea if there is something better for that purpose. Prescription drugs never made anybody perform any better from what I've seen. Maybe the amphetamines are useful but yuck.
>>
>>15150640
https://nutritionfacts.org/2022/02/15/cannabis-brain-damage-reversible-in-adults/
It seems to depend on if its 5000 uses or more and if it was before 25, evidence on reversibility of both age groups is something I need to see more of

>Damage from trauma is more difficult. Shrooms are good for neuroplasticity.

Sometimes I microdose .05 grams of penis envy shrooms but haven't seen amazing benefit there besides feeling better for the day in alertness and energy.

>amphetamines
Low dose meth maybe...
(sources because 4chan thinks is spam)

ghostbin.
me/63d053407c252

Also cancels out brain damage in those who have TBI when administered in the right time
>>
>>15150753
I'm not a fan of microdosing. Seems to work better just having a moderate dose a few times a year until you feel like you don't need to anymore. Anyway crippled brain for life is a meme.

Diet, lifestyle and repeating whatever it is I want to get good at until I am good at it works for most things for me. I've been a heavy cannabis user most of my life. Even though that I've been improving short term memory with boring repetitive tasks like trying to remember a four, six, eight, etc digit number.
>>
>>15150774
Is it enough to go from 115 to 130 though is my question
Nta
>>
See if you can mog me, /sci/. This was with a misclick too.
>>
>>15150922
Nigger
>>
Can processing speed be increased?
>>
first attempt. is it really anything special?

my short term memory is average at most irl, sometimes it feels below average
>>
>>15149631
First, the things that you want to learn you need to practice, a lot. Second, live a clean life, no drinking, no drugs and exercise.
That's pretty much it, no drugs are going to help you long term.
>>
>>15149631
>How do I fix this?
Torah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRL4WGEl6U

And yes the weed destroyed your brain. I don't know why you morons fall for the drugs meme.
>>
>>15152403
Interesting. From what I've seen, any population of "smart" people crushes the verbal memory test, despite the peak of the curve being way lower on the site itself. I've seen very smart friends get 300+.

Do you mind taking an analogy test and posting a screenshot of your results here?

https://miller-analogies-test.netlify.app/
>>
>>15152447
fuck off cube cultist kike scum
>>
>>15149631
I had bad memory, stopped taking drugs, smoking weed and started antidepressants.
My attention span and memory increased by a mile.
Guess I was depressed and serotonin depleated for so long due to life long drug use and depression.
>>
>>15152403
>>15152529
The test isn't timed, so if you're really determined to score high you can crawl through it taking time to memorize every word with mnemonic devices. Eric Rosen has a video where he scores 233 on the test this way.

I think they ought to add a time limit for how long they will show each word to the test so that the comparisons are more meaningful. Some people aren't interested investing half an hour in a memory test to get a score. The digit test only takes a few minutes and gives you a pretty good estimate of your memory.
>>
>>15152593
How's ur memory, take the test
https://humanbenchmark.com/
>>
>>15152598
digit test hard :( i start to mix up number locations around 10-11
any way to improve this in a far transfer way? IE not just for games
>>
>>15152613
You can improve it with certain techniques like having a system for converting numbers into sounds to create words. However, it's a lot of effort to do that and it doesn't actually improve your memory, it just improves your score.

There's no quick fix for memory. I'd say try taking nootropics like prl-8-53 and exercising (specifically, doing cardio). Also, spend time on useful tasks that will improve your memory, eg learning a language, and avoid alcohol and weed.
>>
>>15152701
How much does exercise actually help for memory on 20-30 year olds?
>prl-8-53
Any experience with this/
>>
File: Zombodroid_26012023034647.jpg (190 KB, 1080x2862)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>15150922
>be my brain
>math? Programming? Not important, I won't remember any of it
>working memory? 3 items is more than enough
>skills that are actually useful to science and humanity? Nah I won't put any resources to learning them
>remembering whether you've seen a word before? Here's hundreds of memory slots
I hate my brain

Also negroid heh
>>
>>15152564
>imagine hating cubes in a math board
>>
>>15152962
jelly bro
>>
>>15149684
>pinealon
What is that? Something similar to cerebrolysin?
>>
how do i fix my hippocampus assuming it shrunk and the neural connections weakened a bit
>>
Cool site. I think i could have done better on typing. I used my HHKB with Bluetooth on my phone, its how I use it in bed with my phone in a VR headset. I think on my desktop realforce R2, I could have probably hit in the 160WPM range.
Not gonna keep trying, wife is trying to sleep.

I'm 31 years old if thats relevant to this thread. have never smoked weed, lead a healthy lifestyle, clean diet, enjoy lifting weights, applied math masters brainlet. So far it looks like I have the best average score in the thread.
>>
>>15154125
Kinda sus that your number memory is so high but your sequence memory is trash.
>>
>>15154125
How to get better memory and reaction?
>>
>>15149994
>229ms
>33rd percentile
what the fuck?
>>
>>15154363
?
>>
?
>>
>>15149631
can you sauce me up with that test?
>>
File: humanbenchmark.png (84 KB, 970x670)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>15156213
Human Benchmark >>15152609. How come I can't reflexes?
>>
File: Untitled.png (80 KB, 1192x254)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>15156333
Depends heavily on your hardware. If you're using a touchpad or touchscreen that adds like 100ms of delay through the digitizer. A 60hz monitor adds like 20-30ms delay and Windows 10/11 also adds another 20-30ms delay. The guys who get consistent 120-130ms (back when there was a leaderboard) used high Hertz monitors and windows 7.
>>
>>15149631
the verbal memory one is probably the easiest. all you have to do is create a visual association with each word
>>
>>15156333
>>15156379
honestly only the reaction time test is remotely valid of the two, and it's hardware dependent
aim trainer doesn't mean shit since it doesn't calculate how your eyes track targets and you could have a shitty set up or bad joints
>>
>>15156379
Ahhhh I didn't think of that. Windows 10 and 48hz monitor. Thank you clever anon! Now I have an excuse...
>>
>>15156379
There's also people who used bots to consistently score under 100 milliseconds.
>>
human benchmark is pozzed
>>
File: So_bad.png (24 KB, 723x358)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>15150579
It's over for me?
>>
>>15156585
should be useable to calibrate for some system lag then.
>>
>>15149631
Dr. Haier and others dismiss dual n-back training, but it's helped me a lot. Trick is to do it every day.
Also like others said, no drugs.
>>
just tested
based on debian stable, 60.02 Hz
modern thinkpad, libinput driver
firefox photon (using falkon made me on average 21ms slower), adblocker.
mean of two trials per input type

reaction time in ms
Physical, dedicated thinkpad left-click button (my typical): 270.5
Physically clicking the touchpad: 313
Virtually clicking the touchpad: 382.5

sucks that human benchmark doesn't say anything about this or collect hardware info.
>>
I'm blind, it does mention hardware/software effects in detail.
I did a few more and got 256 and 263 as fastest overall for 120 Hz and 60 Hz respectively.
https://www.displayhz.com/ says mine is about 60 Hz anyway, which adds 16.7ms.
>>
>>15158416
>Dr. Haier and others dismiss dual n-back training, but it's helped me a lot. Trick is to do it every day.
So what's your method? Do you loop the sounds in your mind? Do you follow the path with your eyes? Or do you use intuition?
>>
File: Human Benchmark.png (76 KB, 840x546)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
How fucked am I, dataminer?
>>
>>15159058
kys
>>
File: 1672451123821036.png (522 KB, 683x912)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
I need a bigger hippocampus
>>
Very
>>
>>15159286
that bad?
>>
Get on my level. Memory is easy you just need a memory palace and imaginative stories about the words.
>>
>>15160909
you need ot die
>>
>>15158055
No it is not if english is not your mother tongue (picrel).

>>15160909
Ok what first steps do you recommend?
>>
File: IQ.png (17 KB, 705x230)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>15162741
Forgot pic. Maybe it is over...
>>
File: verbal.png (61 KB, 764x504)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>15160909
based
verbal was incredibly easy
but I think I would definitely fail if I had to do it several times in a row because then I would mix up my current run with my earlier runs
>>
>>15152529
>https://miller-analogies-test.netlify.app/
I scored 59/100 >>15162766
it took me a minute or two to understand what the goal was
>>
>>15162746
I'm an ESL too, but last time I took that test, I remember I got a 130 on verbal IQ and somewhere around 105 on both spatial and memory IQ. The test's got loads of Latinate words, so it really shouldn't be a problem for an ESL whose native language is a Romance language.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.