[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bfd.jpg (50 KB, 468x546)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
What is the scientifically best way to cure social anxieties, performance anxieties and become more confident?
>>
File: 1648433363423.jpg (202 KB, 1080x633)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>14868296
Jesus
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6759672/
>>
>>14868296
Lobotomy.
>>
>>14868340
> substance abuse
read OP
>>
CBT. Also did you know you can summon shills and bots by simply typing the words russia and ukraine
>>
>>14868376
Even More Jesus
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15829445/
>>
>>14868296
Remind yourself: it doesn't matter. In the long run, death comes to all.
>>
>>
>>14868296
Master meditation. Use unified mindfulness and “break through difficult emotions”.

Clean your diet. Cut out sugars, processed food and refined grains and seed oils.
>>
>>14869220
I can't meditate. Last time I tried I couldn't even sit still, my leg started twitching etc. Either I am overworked or an NPC, probably both.
>>
>>14869267
start with 5 minutes every morning. go slow. don't judge yourself. it will only get better.
>>
>>14869267
Take a cold shower and exercise
>>
>>14868296
>What is the scientifically best way to cure social anxieties, performance anxieties and become more confident?
Go to a shrink and get yourself a box of useless drugs that somehow cost 400 bucks a month.
>>
>>14868340
It is Jesus.
>>
>>14868296
GABAergics
>>
Running and cold showers
>>
>>14868296
Im incredibly anxious in social situations but I have a good technique. I interact with someone as if I would never see them again, if works and find it ok and are becomes friend with me its ok if they think im a psychopath I avoid them for the rest of my life and try to never talk to them
>>
>>14868296
>take beta blockers
>learn to (do whatever) without anxiety
>stop taking beta blockers
>>
>>14868296
diet, exercise, sleep
>>
>>14869267
Just to clarify, what exactly does meditation feel like? How do you know you entered a meditation state? Do you just sit there with closed eyes?
>>
File: 766731.jpg (66 KB, 317x450)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>14872372
it sucks, but the answer is that you'll just have to figure it out yourself. if you are focused on entering a specific state, and center your attention on "have i entered this state yet? have i entered this state yet?" you will never enter the state - that is antithetical to meditation. you must be focused on something, and the state will come, and you will observe the state, and the state will lapse. in fact, the sooner you observe the state, and god forbid latch onto it, the even sooner it will lapse.

start with anapana, breath meditation. focus on your natural breath, don't count breaths, don't count anything, don't repeat a mantra, just focus your attention on your breath coming in and out of your nose. you will lose focus every few seconds, but you will get better as you continue to return your focus - focus is like a muscle. allow your breath to settle into its natural rhythm and observe it through your nose, if you must calm yourself at first, manually breath deeply, but do not count or do anything but deep breathing. once you are relaxed, allow yourself to breathe normally, or "automatically", and focus your attention once more on your breath coming in and out of your nose.

as you build focus, you can begin to meditate on sensations. this is known as vipassana, and you can more about it in picrel, but do not try until you have practiced anapana to the point that you can perform it without much exertion - you will not gain anything by jumping to vipassana too early. simply watch your breath, and the answers you seek will come through your own efforts and your own observation.
>>
>>14872372
There is a large variety of meditations. Start with physical ones for relaxing the muscles. I recommend Chinese water torture. Picture droplets falling in a slow procession on your forehead. Each drop coalescing like morning dew, gently tickling the leaf as it trickles down. Watch it and see where it goes in the branches of your nervous system, but don't miss the next one. There are a bunch of kundalini ones that offer a similar function as this, but it is all butt stuff for queers.
I suppose the final goal is to be able to trance out in any which fashion without the syntactic interlocutor.
>>
>>14872388
>>14872461
thanks, I guess its worth giving meditation a shot again
>>
>>14872388
>start with anapana, breath meditation. focus on your natural breath, don't count breaths, don't count anything, don't repeat a mantra, just focus your attention on your breath coming in and out of your nose. you will lose focus every few seconds, but you will get better as you continue to return your focus - focus is like a muscle. allow your breath to settle into its natural rhythm and observe it through your nose, if you must calm yourself at first, manually breath deeply, but do not count or do anything but deep breathing.
That's just Goenka's take on it. It's not a neutral, "scientific" position as he claims. You can count breaths, you can repeat a mantra. Both of these help you get focused faster. There's also nothing wrong with reaching for a meditative state, you just have to do it the right way. Sitting there obsessing if you're "there" yet is the wrong way, but focusing on any pleasant sensations, including ones you've induced yourself by doing something as simple as smiling, is also a perfectly valid way of getting into a nice meditative state and works better for a lot of people.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.