[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1614263403472.png (97 KB, 225x225)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
why has medical science still not cured the slaphead disease that produces bald ass mfs?

it CANNOT be that hard. i do not believe that there isn't a plant on this planet you can't crush and rub on your head and fix it. i think we just haven't found it yet.
>>
>>14592608
Because being bald is the consequence of being an evil person, and it’s useful to others to have that marker.
>>
>>14592608
They did cure it.
It's called a hair transplant

And if you cant get a transplant, finasteride, minoxidil and dermarolling combined will do wonders for thinning hair.

Of course you can' expect an aspirin pill for something like this. But it is not permanent if you have the money. If you're broke, you can't blame the "medical sciences"
>>
>>14592823
a hair transplant is not a one fix all solution. no one has enough donor hair to restore a full head of hair from advanced stages of male pattern baldness

finasteride/minoxidil yield excellent results if you start early enough, but there's still a chance you'll lose ground. some studies find that finasteride will lose its efficacy after 5 years.
>>
>>14592608
It's getting close
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yehk_h_Uj6k
>>
>>14592823
cope transplant and fin is poison
>>
Finasteride is tranny shit. Literal anti-male hormone canceller. Causes some degree of ED and bitch tits in every user.
>>
>>14594271
it is not an anti-male hormone canceller, It is an inhibitor of the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT, People who take finasteride have more testosterone than others, because unmodified testosterone remains in surplus, Except that testosterone naturally has the risk of becoming estrogen, which causes gynecomastia in some people. It's the same as people who take steroids to increase their testosterone.
They don't have less testosterone, but they just have more male and female hormones at the same time, the two are not antagonistic.
>>
Can I benefit from finasteride/minoxidil even though I am not (to my knowledge) balding? Can I get super hair?
>>
File: seethe.jpg (94 KB, 1063x1328)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>14592608
>>
>>14594390
No, there's no benefit at all.
>>
>>14594284
>It is an inhibitor of the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT
Not just that. That same enzyme is also responsible for producing 10 other hormones, most of which are neurosteroids. That's why finasteride is associated with neurological side-effects.

>Except that testosterone naturally has the risk of becoming estrogen
Additional free testosterone always results in more aromatization to estradiol. Finasteride users always have higher estrogen levels than they had before taking the drug.
>>
cut your balls
>>
putting corporate chemicals on your skin is bluecheck verified, I checked it out
>>
any proven ways of improving hair density on scalp without using tranny drugs or minoxidil?
>>
look up post-finasteride syndrome
>>
>>14592608
it would take gene therapy, baldness is genetic. If your mother's father went bald, then you will too, it's that simple.
>>
>>14596933
It will never not be funny to me that retards will go on about how we're close to immortality when we can't even make hair grow on a piece of skin.
>>
What's the deal with hair cloning. I keep hearing about different startups talking about how they're "close to a breakthrough" but nothing ever seems to happen.

You guys hear about Stemson Therapeutics?
>>
>>14592608
Chinks actually made a stronger version of fin with no side effects recently, only catch is doesn't promote regrowth, only keeps what you've got
Could still be a big help
>>
>>14596933
>If your mother's father went bald, then you will too, it's that simple.
This is one of the dumber urban myths around, you can see counterexamples all over the place
>>
>>14599490
You're talking about pyrilutamide or whatever the fuck it's called.

Yeah, the current studies show it gives fantastic results. It's a topical with no systemic absorption. Currently undergoing phase 2 trials in the US.

But yeah, if you're already at an advanced stage of balding, this isn't going to help much since the hair follicles essentially "die out" once they become too miniaturized.

Shame this thing didn't come out 10 years ago when I needed it. :(
>>
>>14599506
Yeah that's the name.
I actually am a lot more optimistic than you since as long as they can come up with a regrowth counterpart we could consider balding at least solved for all practical purposes.
Btw it's not correct to say hair follicles die out when they are too miniaturised. It's more accurate to say they are dormant. Regrowth has actually occured with these cells in some exceptional cases for example, like a man who scorched his scalp badly and ended up regrowing his hair as a side effect. So we can in principle do this.
>>
>>14592608
>why cant science just make the heckin bad uncomfortable thing go away so that I can continue to languish in my comfortable bubble of hedonistic mediocrity
you should kill yourself NOW
>>
File: 1652023378369.jpg (47 KB, 632x1024)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>14599544
you are unironically mald
>>
>>14592933
this guy is a fraud and his shit was debunked

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.